Speaker 3: Join.
Speaker 1: I'm with him on that, especially when you're starting to get home runs like you kind of hit all year long.
Speaker 2: We have, and we looked more like ourselves offensively tonight, you know, stringing together good at bats and two out urbis. You know, I thought the guy swung the bats great, and you're able to go first and third. We use our legs just you know, more more advantage counts where we did damage.
Speaker 3: You know, we did some damage and advantage counts last night.
Speaker 2: So really happy with the bounce back, you know, a short, short turnaround, a little bit better turn around than we thought because the game was the late and hour, but that's you know, it's tough to get to sleep after that. He was kind of tossing and turning the way that we lost.
Speaker 3: The game yesterday.
Speaker 2: But these guys are showing resilience all year, and I'm not surprised by it, you know, just you know, it's affirming. I think we get you know, a lot of the right kids. And last night they bailed me out by wheeling. You know, I wheel the guy in the first inning, get him blown up by fifteen feet.
Speaker 3: They made it that.
Speaker 2: I'd almost forget a book for everybody, but myself by scoring thirteen runs, So really good response. We did a good job against Saint John's down at Saint John's, scoring a lot of runs, and you're able to do that again tonight, so live to see another day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, nobody's perfect, coach.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're gonna you're gonna wave, guys. I came in the clubhouse. He gave me all kinds of problems. Hopefully you won't. You know what I'm saying. You can't get them, all right, you can't.
Speaker 3: You see a dive and you're thinking, all right, here we go. It's gonna go off his glove.
Speaker 2: I'm making the decision on the dive, and by the time he's passed me, I can't hold him up.
Speaker 3: So I can't really get down the line on that. That's one that I don't.
Speaker 2: Really second guess myself as much as I'm second guessing myself now.
Speaker 1: It's okay, I got more thing more than five pitches. He got fifteen outs. Fifteen outs with fifty five pitches. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was very economical and we're probably gonna need him again this weekend if we're gonna win it. So he did a super job. You know, Tommy felt a little something on one of those last pitches in his elbow, so we're getting him checked out. But you know, he battled. Tommy battled Ellison battle. We needed something out of him. You know, somebody asked me for the three times, I'd be ecstatic. We made it two in a batter, I think. And then it was time for Greg and Greg Greg took the ball.
Speaker 3: He pitched well against Saint John's down there too, and did a super job today. Really impressed with him and he had him.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought it was great that he and coach Mack had the game plan of just having Saint John's hit it to Caleb Spurs as possible. Caleb covers a lot of ground. He's our best defender by a lot, so I said, you know, only took a little bit.
Speaker 3: Seemed like he was getting everything. It was fun to watch. It was very fitting the way the game ended in his glove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a great play. And the center field play catching made against the wall was fabulous too. Getting back to a Shaw fifty five pitches, thirty eight strikes, I mean, if you're a heading account, I mean, isn't that really the way to play? Baseball if you're a pitcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a coach too.
Speaker 2: It makes it a lot easier on the heart that he uh.
Speaker 3: He's done that all year. Really.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got a he's got a slow heartbeat, and I can say that. I mean, he's nothing overwhelms him. His stuff is not dominant. You see, you put him on a rap Sodo machine and say, okay, well, what does he do that's extraordinary. There's nothing that he does extraordinary except he throws throws strikes, you know.
Speaker 3: And and in this day and age, that's extraordinary. So he was.
Speaker 2: He was a lot of fun to watch. No freebies. You know the six four three talk about a momentum shift. You know, we get four runs in the in the bottom of the fourth, I think, and then in the fifth, you know, we hit the first guy here we go Nope, Shaw snuff set out six four three, and then I felt like the game was pretty much in hand at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two quick things offensively, Tyler Minnick. I mean, the guy in this ballpark, it seems like it hits one out of Tommy plays here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the dimensions, it's like, are they really that deep? Because it feels like an eentions. There's no foul territory. It's a different kind of game here.
Speaker 3: But yes, he's he's uh.
Speaker 2: He earned his today, that's for sure, and so did Daniels. And they've been fun to watch all season. I think one of the biggest things for Tyler. I don't know if he recognized this, because he's good on his own. He was good early when we didn't have protection around him, but he's been extra good with with Daniels and Bill are on either side of him. You know, those two left handed bat right also have some juice Burr too.
Speaker 3: I mean he's got some juice too in the two holes.
Speaker 2: So kind of filled out the heart of the order, and Dougherty makes it that much longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Four hits for him. I mean, here's a guy that's your right hand.
Speaker 3: Hit her. He's in the outfield. Four hes.
Speaker 1: Comes from the West coast East again, up in Washington State. He just seems to put the ball in play. He finds he finds spots to.
Speaker 3: Hit the ball up the middle.
Speaker 1: He went up the middle for a couple of knocks today and hit the ball out.
Speaker 3: The right field. Yeah, hit him where they ain't Plesten.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this guy does it because it's ugly, but he just gets two three hits a game, you know.
Speaker 3: So I said, well that is of value to us. It's a game. And he can run a little bit too. So yeah, he needed.
Speaker 2: Some time to kind of get acclimated, and we probably should have given him an given.
Speaker 3: Him more of an opportunity early.
Speaker 2: I mean, we gave him an early opportunity, but we should have stuck with him a little bit longer. It took us a while to kind of figure out this guy belongs in the lineup and flopping, and he was ready for his opportunity the second time he came around.
Speaker 3: He's made the most of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bo route today too, on base four times. Yeah, right, triple single, two walks. That was a good call by you.
Speaker 2: Well, the matchup was kind of dictated it. You know, their starter, who we knew probably wouldn't be in the game that long.
Speaker 3: He's coming off an injury.
Speaker 2: We wanted to get a jump him, you know, we want to jump them, and it's like, all right, let's get another lefty in the lineup. He struggled against lefties, and he was the right guy to he's a different kind of DH but from swing to swing. But you know, he can legouts, he can leg out in field hits, and he can go first to third, you know.
Speaker 3: But he swung the back really well today.
Speaker 2: And who knows what we're going to see tomorrow, but I know they'll both be ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a guy sprays it around too. I mean, you think about it, door are hitting it in all fields, and you got root having those kind of hitters in your lineup that defending those guys could be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he can do that too, So it opens up a lot of things, opens up the field, and I just enjoy him.
Speaker 3: He has such fun playing the game. You can see his face. He's got to always got a smile on his face.
Speaker 2: Nothing is too heavy for bow and he's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: He's got a baseball name, he's got a baseball game. Yeah, we like him, well said, yeah, all right, coach, appreciate it. Tomorrow at five, you don't know who you're playing, well, what.
Speaker 2: Just really depends on next day's pitch, you know, in the next day's pitcher for for both teams too. You know, Creighton, you should be a little bit deeper with their arms, given their way that both those games played out yesterday, but they're both very good ball clubs, both very well coached. We're gonna have to be you know, we're gonna have to play an A game. I thought we played pretty close to an A game today. We're gonna have to be even better tomorrow, uh, in order to until about.
Speaker 3: Four in the morning. That'd be great. Who comes out of it. Just play a really long game tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw about two hundred pitches or so and okay, all right, all right, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks Mike. Nice job that I