Speaker 1: Welcome to Next Level Soul, the place where we deep dive into the mysteries of existence, uncover hidden layers of consciousness, and explore the journey of the soul. I'm your host, Alex Ferrari, and every week we sit down with the world's leading spiritual teachers, mystics, scientists, and truth seekers to illuminate the path towards awakening. Here we ask questions that truly matter. Why are we here, where are we going? And how do we elevate our lives, our purpose, and our consciousness to the next level. This is a space for transformation, a space for expansion, a space to remember who you really are. So take a deep breath, open your mind, and prepare to step into your next level soul. Now. If you're ready to take your spiritual journey to the next level, explore Next Level Soul TV, our streaming platform filled with exclusive movies, docs, original shows, transformative series, guided meditations, channel sessions, audiobooks, and deep spiritual teachings you won't find anywhere else. New content drops every week, helping you expand your consciousness and live from your highest potential. Start your journey today at Next Levelsoul dot TV. The views opinions and statements expressed by our guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs or positions of Next Level Soul, its host or any of the companies they represent. Now let's dive into today's episode. I like to welcome to the show, Gloria Masters. Hi you doing, Gloria, I'm great, Thank you, Thank you so much for being on the show. You know, when you came across my desk, your story really touched me, and in the work that you're doing in the world to try to help help children who are sex trafficked and abused and kidnapped and all of these things, I felt that it was an important message to put out there, and I think that this episode's and to hopefully help heal a lot of people out there, and that's my intention. I think that's your intention as well with this conversation. So I appreciate you being so brave to come out and speak about this publicly and do the work that you're doing in the world. So first and foremost, I applaud you for what you're doing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I felt that.
Speaker 1: I do too, So let's dive in. You know, tell me your story of what happened to you when you were younger, and then we can go from there.
Speaker 2: So thanks Alex for agreeing to have me on the show. Very much appreciated by me. So Luka was born and bred into a family where I believe intergenerational child sex trafficking was the norm. So I'm from New Zealand, from West Auckland, and I was first of all abused by my father from from infancy really but sexually abuse more and more from the age of four and a half was when it all really kicked off. I had a mother, of course, but she was very unavailable, so very narcissistic, very disinterested, very much get out of my way type attitude, so I had no safe adults around me. Now, A rather sick twist to the tale was that from about the age of five, my grandmother, my father's mother, was tasked worth training me to be the best sex slave possible. And unfortunately, where I had thought there was love and possibility of acceptance and safety, it turned out that was the very worst place I could be. So from her home and from various places throughout Auckland, which is my hometown and our own home. When my mother was absent, I began to be sex trafficked from six years of age. Although I'd been leased to my father's friends and extended family well before that, this was when serious money started to be made. So the impact on me was not to feel at all like a person or that I had anything meaningful to offer. And what began in me as a very excited, inquisitive, curious, fun loving child quickly changed. And you know, the adults around me to to use and abuse and exploit as much as they could and made a lot of money out of me. Actually, so yes, that was the start of my life.
Speaker 1: How did you How long did this go on for?
Speaker 2: I managed to escape all of this the day of ten sixteen, which is why sixteen is my very favorite number of all. That was the day I never had to see my father again. My parents had separated at eleven, and I got left in the house with him as the only girl. And that's the Meanwhile, all my story, if you like, is focused on those eighteen months of hell. I didn't think i'd make it through. So Alex, when I say I'm grateful to be here, I mean that in more ways than one.
Speaker 1: Was there any hope when you were in this any adult any glimmer of kindness or mercy during those years.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I can safely say there were no safe air lots in my life apart from at school. But you see, it was at school I could steal food, steal other kids' food, and eat because they didn't want me to eat much because the predators would pay more for a younger looking child. So I was very skeletal and undernourished. But the worst thing that happened at school was that teachers had no idea and so I was basically either ignored or being reprimanded for my out of control behavior. And Alex, this is a really pertinent point. Children will always show what's going on in the world when they're safe too, and so at school was my only safe place. So I was out of control. At home, I was too scared to be anything but compliant.
Speaker 1: So can you tell us the story of how you got out of this at sixteen?
Speaker 2: When my parents separated at eleven, the agreement was that I could see my mother every second weekend, and then part of their legal agreement, or so I'm told, was that the day of tun sixteen, I could decide for myself who I wanted to live with and whether I wanted to see my father, so I chose not. Now that may sound like an easy thing to have conveyed to him, nothing could be further from ruth. I was terrified and he was scary. And my mother, of course, was never going to be reliable and never going to have my back. She hadn't been able to from infancy, so that was a door I couldn't keep knocking at. It was never going to open. So suffice it to say that not only or also included in the child sex trafficking was I had many forced abortions on me at the hands of my grandmother because no one wanted a pregnant child. So between the ages of eleven and a half and sixteen, there were many forced abortions, to the point where I thought I was going to die, and they had to call an adopt who was one of the elite groups i'd been trafficked to, and I remember one night hearing him say to my grandmother, if she doesn't get if we don't get this beleeeding to stop, she's not going to make it through the night. So that's how I was treated. I was trafficed too many groups. I was leased out of a nightclub in our red light district from the age of nine. And that was in an upstairs room in our red light district. And it was there I would be chained to a bed because people like the fat many and women alex that they could abuse me however they wished to. They had to pay more.
Speaker 1: Of course, we'll be right back after a word from our sponsor. And now back to the show.
Speaker 2: Alongside that was I had to perform in child sexual abuse materials as in videos, and you know, perform on a men and women and children at times because those images and those videos the old fashioned, the old.
Speaker 1: What do we call that eight milimeter eight milimeter video a video?
Speaker 2: Yeah, back in those days they didn't have video.
Speaker 1: Eight melimeter yeah, super eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I always remember the sound of the clicking, the clicking is there's the tape tend But I would I would approach not another adult around me, but at the softest, safest looking pedophile, believe it or not, because I thought if I was to approach them and behave in the sexualized way I'd been trained to, they may be gently with me and not hurt me as much. So there was there's so many layers and levels. I'm so greatful to be here. I'm very thankful, Gloria.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you. I mean, this sounds so horrific and in my heart and my soul cry out to you, really, and I just want to hug you, you know, hug that little girl that was going through all of this. How did you mentally deal with this? Did you have any spiritual did you even did you think about that? Did you think about a God? Did you were you angry at this God? Or was there someone there helping you in the spiritual sense that you you know, I don't know. I'm just asking, is there anything like that? How did you go through this mentally?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, when I realized it was me or me I could rely on, I started to go with them. I hid nothing outside of me and there was no safe heal, there was no safe person. I couldn't trust anybody. I would put myself in the boot of my father's predator friends, hoping that when they discovered me in there back at their homes, they would keep me and keep me safe. That's how desperate I was, But they always return me to him. But in answer to your question, I learned to go within, and I learned to look up at the sky. So often I would see the sky at night and see the man in the moon smiling, and I thought, oh, he's smiling at me. Someone loves me. Or during the day I'd make shapes with clouds as children do, and just hold on to anything I could through light. Actually, and I also became a big fan of angels, so they were around me from a very young age, the little tiny ones with wings when I was little, but they grew as I grew it, now the huge so we have. I call Raphael and Gabriel and my protectors, my lovely angels. But I hate to I hate to have. I hate to have something. And I think, out of that grew I can do this. I can do this. So some days I couldn't feel that I'd get through it. Some hours I didn't think I'd make it. And sometimes it was just minute by minute I think, I just if I can just keep moving, if I can just keep breathing.
Speaker 1: So when you when you finally got away from that situation and became free, essentially, was there any consequences for your father, for your family, for any.
Speaker 2: Of this, Yes, good questions. So it took me until I was a parent myself and my daughter was the same. Agi was when the abuse began at its worst that I started having the most horrendous flashbacks and triggers. Prior to that, I had told people about what had gone on as a teenager and then as a young adult, but I'd blocked all that, and so when the mind is ready, the recall appears, and so they came at me, and you can imagine it was at the speed of light. If I hadn't been a paranelyx, I wouldn't be here today. It was that horrendous. And that was the memories. That was not the events in terms of me experiencing them. That was just the recall, So you can imagine the horror and so yes, for me, dealing with all of that took a toll. But it was during the first year or two of recovery of memory full memory, that I went to a lawyer, who then went to the police, who then began an investigation, and they had seven full time detectives on the case. They went very hard, and when they came and saw me, they said, unfortunately, it's not that we don't believe you are You're credible. We could put you on the stand tomorrow. It's more that the burden of proof can't be met, and you're only one person out of many who say that never happened. So my whole family turned against me. I lost everybody because I was evil, deluded, a liar, the black sheep, a trouble maker. And yes, my mother worked very hard to make sure the rest of the family saw me that way.
Speaker 1: Just to go back for a second, when you said that when you when you had a child, these memories came flooding back, it was because you completely just block You put them in a box, locked the box through the wave key, and just shoved it somewhere into your subconscious correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a really important point actually because you'll have amazing survivors watching this, and this is good for people to be aware of. Okay, Alex, when all this horror occurs as children and teenagers, we can't stay in our body, but the body can't leave, so the mind does. And that's what dissociation is. Now for me, the horror, you could make a documentary or a movie about it and people would think it was fantastical as opposed to real or truth. So even though as a thirteen year old I told a friend of mine what was happening, and as a twenty year old I told someone I was training with to be a teacher what happened, I blocked it as well. So I blocked everything to do with it until my mind was really I was ready to deal and that as when I was in my early thaties.
Speaker 1: So so you're you're you just could not process it. You didn't have the the equipment, the skill set to process it. So you your brain. I'm just trying to dig in here a little bit because it's so important for people to understand this that you know, we all have traumas in our lives, and we all block things that were traumatic in our lives. Obviously, what you're, what you dealt with was an extreme, an extreme, and a horrific extreme at that. But the concept that the the idea is still the same, big trauma, small trauma. We hide that. The brain is designed to protect us generally, so it's there to block block. We don't want to deal with that because that's going to bring us pain. Let's not deal with that. But the longer you went, when it finally the damn broke if you will. It was such a rush that you I'm assuming it took a lot for you to even handle that because you were not forced to. You were it was right in front of you, and your your brain was like, no, I can't hold this back anymore, we need to deal with this. Is that kind of how it happened.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? And it's like, look, if you are in a car accident and it's a fairly this one, it's the best analogy I can think of. You may not recall what happened to you for several days because your minds and to protect it, protects us from the trauma of knowledge, of knowing, of being in the moment. And I said, the very best definition of dissociation is the mind leaves because the body can't.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I could deal with it, apparently in my thirties. So thanks it came.
Speaker 1: You know, once that flood of memories came back, I'm assuming it was kind of like a oh God, I don't know if this is a good term, but the dark night of the soul. You had to do the shadow work, you had to go in and deal with these these these monsters inside of your psyche and you had to bring them out into the light, which is not fun at all. We'll be right back after a word from our sponsor and now back to the show. And only by doing that, though, is how you essentially free yourself to be able to have a conversation like this very freely. And you have been having them for many years now, is that correct?
Speaker 2: About three a three and a half. I first started talking back in twenty twenty one when my me and Mike came out. But yeah, and look, I feel healed enough and that I need to give back. I don't have a choice, Selex, It's just very big in me. You see. This purpose is to shine light help others by shining light on this darkness, so people can be helped.
Speaker 1: So one question I get asked all the time, and I'd like to ask this question to you to see what you have to say, because I think it's a very important question. So many of us I'm sorry, I'm tearing up a little bit, so there with me. So many of us go through go through life with things happening to them, bad things happening to them. And the question I get asked often is why does bad things happen? To good people. You've gone through things that are unimaginable to most people on this planet. Yeah, I have to ask did you ever ask that question? Has that question ever been proposed to you? And have you had have you been able to answer it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And look, thank you and thanks for your compassion. I see that I've wondered that myself, of our set of myself and you know, the unhealed parts of me over the initial decade where I was just angry and furious and blaming. Now I see it slightly differently and just breathe through it. I think what happens to us in life is good things happen that that makes us happy, and we can grow neural pathways to accept more happiness. But when bad things happen, the gift is in what do we do with that? And what do we learn from that? And how can we use that learned to recognize Alex without taking away from anything I suffered? Is there. I wouldn't be able to fulfill my purpose on this planet had I not gone through what I did.
Speaker 1: That is a very evolved soul speaking right now, because it takes a special kind of person to accept that, and I think all of us As we get older, we look back at the things that happened to us, the bad and the good, but specifically the bad and dramatic that without it we wouldn't be who we are. These are the these are the obstacles, These are the things that make us grow. I mean, but as I say that out loud, I'm like, my god, you went through such a horrific thing. I don't I mean, what's what was the point of it? And you're just saying it. The point of it is now you are helping you know, people around the world. You know, hopefully you know, hundreds of thousands of people will watch this and that will be a kind of ripple effect from this conversation for years to come that could help somebody going through this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, and I'm not being insincere when I say it, but I've had to learn. I've had to learn the hard way, Alex. It didn't mean I didn't have or don't have self compassion and grace, but it just meant they were still winning, that evil was on top. If I couldn't find a way to work through, understand and try and overcome and then use it in the using of it, it's not even something I can control. It's the very deep spiritual part of me. Do this, do this, do this. I've got to do this work. It's my purpose.
Speaker 1: So when you say spiritual, what did you gravitate to? What teachings did you gravitate to? What? Or was it just something that you found within yourself?
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting because I believe it's always there for us. And when people look outside of themselves, I always want to caution that you may find things outside of you, but there's always an a gender attached me included with anything that is shared and then assimilated for me. What I often think and wish for everybody is stop going outside and start to look within. That is where the answer is. That is where the truth lies. So I was grateful, you see, I was. I'm so glad I had angels around me and I knew the ethereal nature and the gentleness and the softness and the light is what lifted me. So on those days, it wasn't feet I had, it was wings that were carrying.
Speaker 1: And well, let me ask you. I mean, this is an obvious question because it's the first thing that pops into my head is how did you get over the anger? Did you have anger or did you just did you just skip right through the anger it goes straight to the pain, Like how you know, if you did have anger, how did you overcome it? And how did you overcome the idea of revenge? Of vengeance? You know? I mean that's that I have to believe that crossed your mind at one point or another.
Speaker 2: Of course, and look you out talking to a human being who also happens to be a newth angel. But there you go. Of course. Look it took me a long long time. I you know, it's I've been over thirty years since I started dealing with this, and the you know, the grief is a cycle, and I felt angry at times. But you see, whenever I tried to speak at as a child and teenage or even trying to deal with my family who wouldn't believe me, I ended up using my voice and trying to be as gentle as I could around it. But I was so often slammed down that if I started to get angry, the consequences were dangerous for me. So I learned from quite a young age to just be compliant, to just be the care to just be everything I could be, to keep everybody happy, and that was a very big conditioning. It's only been in the last five or so years with a therapist I see who said to me, much like you, where's the anger? What's happened with the anger? And I go, oh, no, I don't need to feel angry. Well, she did some work with me. Put it this way, you wouldn't have wanted to be a driver on the road for the next six months when I was in the car. But yes, it did surface, and I did try to manage it. But I also had to accept that actually anger is as healthy as an emotion as joy or happiness or peacefulness or you know, curiosity. And I had to learn to assimilate that because my father and brother, who was also a very big abuser of mine, very evil men, what was I was always terrified around them. They were much bigger than me, but I were very very very vitriolic and vitriolic and rage filled. So Alex anger had never felt safe.
Speaker 1: Now I'm there, You've embraced your You've erased Liam Neeson.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's that's watching you. Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's it's an important thing because so many people that go through trauma, there is a lot of anger that they don't deal with, and they just shove it down as part with the trauma.
Speaker 1: So when it all comes boiling up, it's a lot to deal with. What advice do you have for people who this might trigger something by watching this? This might crack that damn that they've held, you know, sealed for twenty years, thirty years, a lifetime even, and all of this is going to come out rushing out. It's not even a controlled release, and like when you're going to a therapist, it's a control it seems at least somewhat of a control release. What happened to you was not. It was just like and it all came in and you just had to to handle it on a psychological and emotional and spiritual standpoint. So what advice would you have for someone who is about to or is going through this recollection, this flood of anger and trauma that they're dealing with. We'll be right back after a word from our sponsor, and now back to the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it may surprise the audience, but accept it. It is there to teach you and to help you. The worst thing you can do is block it or stop it or try and remonstrate with it about go way, it's not good for me. That will then come back in ways you don't even want to imagine. It won't leave you alone until eventually you get hit over the head with a piece of full by two. Because it's coming for you and you're going to have to manage it. So best advice accept it, breathe through it, and then ask it what it has to teach you. If you allow it to embody you, you then the trajectory it takes tape us off and it's gone more quickly than if you try and block and stop. It's healthy. We need it. We just need to lose ways to manage it so we don't hurt ourselves or others.
Speaker 1: You have, you've we were talking before you came on about the hand signs for kids. Yeah, thing that you were talking about. Can we talk a little bit about what the what this is and how important it is to teach our children and anybody who's in trouble this sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. So this was first coined in Northern Canada and I think twenty twenty when the first lockdowns occurred across the globe, and it was for women who were being domestically abused and trapped in the house, and so you would see this sign last year through the foundation. I run the charitable foundation called Handing the Shameback, which is what adult survivors do, Alex when they find their voice finally about their abuses, handing the shame bag speaking. And I realize we have a lot of young people and children who are still being sexually abused in traffick. And what I know to be true is that children don't speak of this. Only five to ten percent will ever find the words. But what children can't do is hide behavior and hide what their body is doing. So I repurposed it, reached out across to northern Canada and said, look, I'd like to use it East, go ahead. So this is now four children under sixteen to use. And we know it's being used across the world. You cited an example. I've got people in New Zealand who have reached out and seen it being used in schools. We've got people all across the globe who reach out and say I saw it, I saw it, and they're able to do something with it. Because my question becomes, who's going to save the kids, Alex, If not you then who yeah.
Speaker 1: I was. I was telling you before we came on that I was aware of this sign. My children know the sign as well. We saw it on a news on the news that there was a child I can think we've been kidnapped, and he was. She was on the on the highway and this other this other car drove up next to her and they pulled out the phone and she just went like this and she kept going like this to them and they didn't what is that? What is that? At the time, they didn't know what it was, but there was something else. The lady looked up that hand sign and they discovered that that meant that she was in trouble. Helped me yep, and she called the police. The police pulled and pulled it over and saved the child. So that that signal is that hand signal, and for people listening, it's all four fingers covering your thumb as your thumb goes underneath. You could you could look at it on YouTube. It is such an important and powerful tool because you can't say things in public when you're in that situation, but you can sneak a hand You can signal pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: And I love that you brought that up because it was only the other day when and saw a Chiropecter and we were talking about the hand sign and he said, it's interesting, he said, when he has children or teenagers and rome the parents think he's looking at the bodies of the children, he's not. He's always looking at the hand to see if they're signing.
Speaker 1: Really, really, can you.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we had this on billboards across the world.
Speaker 1: This is such a this is such a massive, massive problem. But I have I have hope because there seems to be a lot more awareness now with that film Sounds, I think Sounds of Freedom, and you know all the the the Epstein thing that happened. You know, these things are starting to come out now and is and it's that was not the case ten years ago, twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: It was never und you one hundred percent right, I didn't. I did interview Paul Hutchinson, who was the the chief producer on Sound of Freedom, and Hey and I both agreed, the vast majority of children who are sex trafficked across the world sleep in their own beds at night. So Alex, we've got to get over the fat this is happening in streets around you. We know that by in our country and not dissimilar I'm sure yours. But the time a girl is sixteen, one and three and one in five boys will have been sexually abused. So this is bigger than we think. There's more and more being uncovered, and we just need to be mindful that for our young people, they're being targeted. They're being targeted through things like snapchap, Instagram, TikTok, and they don't know it because what the predators do is take on the persona of the same age child. But you know, just be aware, pearance and safe adults, please that not everything is as it seems, and we need to teach kids some tools, some body safety rules, in some ways to keep themselves safe so they can lead adults around them know when things aren't right.
Speaker 1: You just said it was such a powerful statement that most children who are sex trafficked sleep in their beds at night. That that is absolutely terrifying, because I think the image in the public's eye is films like taking, films like Sounds of Freedom. You know, the very and those exist. That situation exists, but that is not the majority of what's happening. The majority is actually what happened to you family sex trafficking their child. Or there's sex trafficking, there's sexual abuse, two different things, similar but different. But what happened to you is not just something not just sexual abuse, it was sex trafficking. When you said I was leased out, you know, to groups, I mean when you say that, I think of a car. You lease a car, You don't lease a human being. I can't even I can't even comprehend the the being a father and doing that to your child. I can't, right, I just can't even process it. You know, it gets me angry, It gets me sad. I can't process that, you know, I can process taken that there's a you know, or squid games or something like that, which is like these rich, you know, guys with masks and they're all, you know, all that kind of creepy stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I get that other Epstein Island or that I kind of can wrap my head around. But that your your parents, that the people that brought you into this world, that your loved ones do this to you is something that is so so so difficult for me to understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and unfortunately, over ninety three percent of sexual abuse of children and young people is by someone well known to them and all their family. So repeat around there.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you because it's something else in this subject has come out recently. Is the whole P. Diddy thing here in the States, which is explosive to say the least. And you know, there isn't anything out there that's rock solid just yet, but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence being talked about, and you know, Hollywood and all of that. And will be right back after a word from our sponsor and now back to the show. You know, when you hear these stories, you're like, how how could this go on for decades in plain sight? Not even like hidden in a dark alley somewhere or in a dungeon somewhere like this was parties, you know, people coming in after midnight. Everyone you know who's not an adult hasked to leave like these kind of when this that story broke, what did you think? What is your feeling on that whole, that whole thing that he's got going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I think two things. One, this child's sexual abuse and trafficking is not new. This has been happening since time began. What people struggle with and I think the reason people struggle is this thing I call cognitive dissonance. So, Alex, the reason it's known but never really talked about is because it goes against good people's ethics, values and morals. And like you just said, you can't even get how could a father do that. So for most good people they turn away because no, that can't happen. And by the way, that child's always but misbehaving, so I think they're naughty and they're probably lying, which is what how you would have described me. But what people didn't realize was it's a cry for help. And so the cognitive dissonance is one reason. But I also think, yes, I believe it to be true because you know, I'm thinking about the children. Among the people that have come forward that were children at the time, of boys young as nine who was promised by P Diddy that he would get them into the music scene. He just didn't realize the cost to him would be. You know, another girl who was included on a bit laid out with other children as party favors for some of these celebrities and some of the people that did take part in it. You know, there are talks of you know, they were heavily drugged. I don't care, it still happened. But the other thing I would love to know what you think Alex's as well, is there were people there who did not take part in that, but they observed it. What's your view on their complicity in this?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean, the Me Too movement kind of really broke open a lot of that complicity thing. I mean, you know, I had heard in my travels, in my travels going through Hollywood when I was a young man, I was in my twenties, and I was invited to a lot of these big rooms with the big producers and the big movie stars, and I would just hear things. I would hear things about certain actors that that would be like, I'm sorry, what you know? I still remember, I still remember. I won't say his name, but we were you know. I almost did a movie for the Mafia when I was twenty seven, and twenty million dollar movie. So I had a gangster threatening my life on a daily basis for a year, one of the more dramatic things I've ever had to go through in my life. But when I was flown out to la and I met a lot of these big celebrities and agents and all this kind of stuff I over. I literally was hearing an agent, an agent like this actor's agent says, Hey, this actor, he really wants to be in your movie. He'd love to meet with you, but I have to kind of warn you about something. You know, when he meets guys, he just likes to grab them in the balls. That's the way he says hello. And I was just like what. And of course, my gangster h doesn't play that, so we never got to meet with him. He goes, if he touches me, I'll thrown through a window. Kind of. He was an old stool, old school gangster. But I'd heard these stories, and I'd heard a lot of them. So when the me too movement happened, I saw it. But things like Harvey Weinstein the complicit, Like it was so complicit. The entire town knew, The entire town knew about that, everybody knew about everybody knew about Harvey, but yet no one ever did anything. So same thing happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what does that tell us if no one even did anything? Is it self preservation?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: I want to be I'm scared of what have you might do? It if I.
Speaker 1: When they're that powerful. Same thing with p did he He was so powerful in the because he had so much dirt on so many people that he was basically a he was a mobster. He was he was he was the godfather, so he would just you know, he's acting like a mafioso essentially, not a music producer. So people were terrified. So if they did see something, they're not going to say anything because they didn't want anything to happen. So it's so it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: But this and everything you've seed, if we extrapolate that it and projected onto sixteen and unders the children that were being abused, people knew nothing was Seid. So we need to start holding mirrors. Ape is society.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, I mean the stuff that look, there's there's certain musicians, young musicians and young pop stars who were in his circle that I'm just terrified to think about what happened to those those kids when they were kids. They're adults now, but what happened to them, what they've dealt with to get to where they are. Hollywood is one of those places that and this is not news. I mean, I mean, there was a documentary on the sexual abuse of kids stars on Nickelodeon and a Disney Channel and these kind of things, the pedophiles, all that stuff. This is not a new thing, but the light that's being placed on it is, and it's something that is something that's really really important to put out there. But I love that you're saying that, Like, what about the people who saw that and did nothing, Well, that's something that they're going to have to live with. They're going to have to live with that because it's either because it was self preservation or I don't want to get involved, or it's not my problem or any of that stuff. I get it. I understand all of that stuff, especially in Hollywood, when your career is everything and there's one person who could literally make a phone call and you're done, and you're done. It's happened. There's happened. There's an Oscar winner out there right now who has not worked because she crossed somebody. Not on the sexual stuff, but just in general, it happens. I get it. I get it, But it's some things are more.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just Alex's I'm sure you would agree, and I'm sure your audience would. Children can't save themselves. They need us. Agreed, agreed, they need us. And in the non action, there is action because the action is choosing not to act. Sorry, there's a choice. That person made a choice. I saw. I may have hated it, but I stayed. You chose mate, you chose buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And I think that whatever happens with that case, the Diddy case, I think it's going to be a nuclear bomb going off, because it's not just Hollywood, it's music industry, it's business, it's financial CEOs, it's everything. Because he I mean, he's been throwing parties for twenty five years, you know, all of these kind of things for twenty five years. He's been doing this since the nineties. So you need to tell me how many people walk through those doors, how many people were at one of these these infamous parties at one point or another. It's going to be it's going to be I think a needed nuclear bomb kind of going off in this, in this this unfortunate thing that happens in the world. It's the kind of light that needs to be shined on this, and I think a case like his will do that if if if it's allowed out, I think there might be there might be some hope in this, but they have thousands of hours of tape, thousands of hours that they got, so unless they're covering it up or they won't release it. But I have a feeling that there's some there's some names that don't want to come out, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I bet there are. But you have to ask yourself, if you mentioned Epstein Epstein before, do you think while you and I still drawing breath, the names will ever be released because I don't think they're ever going to be released in case, that's what it's a Yeah, So the messages kids and teenagers, you have no value here. You may have been abused, you may have been exploited, your lives may have been ruined, but you are of no value here because these megalomaniacs are the ones who are more or seen as more important, but equally Alex they're being protected. Now that's the corruption, and that's that's the stuff we need to be aware of because you know, when I think about it, the costs to us globally. I'm not talking fiscal, I'm talking spiritually and mentally. Is asked horrendous were living in an age where as are quoted to you one and three girls and one in five boys are experiencing this, then Amazon decreasing. My question is where's the noise.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after a word from our sponsor, and now back to the show.
Speaker 2: If this was motor vehicle accidents, what do you think would be hit ing?
Speaker 1: Oh god, it'd be lawsuits everywhere. Everybody would be like, you can't get into that car. You're killing people. If they're right, of course you couldn't. But you know, Gloria, at the end of the day, it's you know, we live in a capitalistic world and money is the thing that drives this planet, and they're going to save and protect and put money above children, above women, above men, above humans because it's about money, which infuriates me at so many levels, because it's just like, you can't take it with you, man, this is not the way to do. This is not the way you come That's not what you do when you come down here. And I don't know, it just it upsets me to my core. It is. It's something that I can't really again wrap my head around. But I'm so glad that we were able to have this kind of conversation and get this thing out there. What tell me about your your organization and what you're trying to do for people.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So look two parts to it. It's called handing the shameback dot org is I said, that's what where survivors do when we find a voice, because the shame never belonged to us, belong to the adult who chose to abuse us. So every time a survivor speaks or she is there handing the shame back, so we we do. I provide a lot of resource and content for survivors. It's all free, just so that they have a safe place to land in a way to get some information which may help lift them and support them and have them feel less alone. The other branch, that is the child protection and advocacy, and that's where the hand sign comes in. And that's where that third book, Keeping Kids Safe comes in, and in there are a whole lot of techniques and ideas for safe adults to use to educate their own children. Not a book for children to read, it's a book for parents to sit down with or teachers to teach about because a lot of children and teenagers don't know that they can say no, or that their body belongs to them, or that if they feel unsafe, there are things they can do, you know. For instance, one of the one of the chapters in the book is tools for Parents, and in there I've got as an example, sit down with the kids, sit down with the girls one night, have a pizza dinner, and say, right, we're going to vote on an emoji. If ever you're not here and you're feeling unsafe or there's potential for that abuse and you're just not getting a good vote, send us an emoji, no words needed. We will stop, drop and drive. We're going to come and get you, and you're gone from that place. Now. For younger children, you know, the family might vote, might be a Teddy Bear emoji. For teenagers, whatever's current. But the point is you don't have to use words so that the predator or the house therein are not aware of what's going on. But all they'll know is is a knock at the door and you're saying, oh, forgot, We've got to go to Gradmr's first thing in the morning. Come on, girls, we're out of there, We're out of here, or you know. But again, simple little tips, techniques and tricks to help educate the children and teenagers in our lives. So at least they've got something because at the moment, parents don't know what's going on. You know, we talked about child sex trafficking. People don't believe this happens in their street.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It might be that Uncle John turned up, stayed for a few as a mom and dad went home. What we may not realize is Uncle John had paid you know, his brother or his sister a hundred bucks to spend an hour with the teenager.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, I hate to be graphic, but it's true. So all of this I decided it's time to come full circle. Alex and jask of people some information so they can disseminate it and then able to use it so they are more prepared. You know. We get people here in New Zealand had a family contact and say, really stressed, my nephew's been been at school and he's now suspended because a group of older kids were playing an online game together. Said to him, you've got to do something to a girl at school this age. It might have been an eight year old, and then send us an image and if you don't, we're going to share that photo of you that you know you had taken for us, and we're going to spread it around everywhere. So we call that sex tution. Now there's a lot of this happening. There's a lot of things safe people, safe adults, good people don't even know exist. It's a part of the book Keeping Kids Safe. It's a roadmap actually for parents, teachers and others. So at least then once you know, you can't not know.
Speaker 1: That's great advice, that's really great advice. Do you have any tips or advice for someone who is feeling overwhelmed with their healing journey of healing their trauma.
Speaker 2: Yes, Look, I think it comes down to self grace and self compassion. As survivors were used to feeling wrong that somehow it was our fault, that there's some guilt we misplace. So self loathing is usually in there somewhere in the top five emotions we feel, so I think being kind of self and if you can swap it out with what you might say or how you would treat your best friend who was sharing your story is sharing their story with you.
Speaker 1: If there's one message you like everyone to listen listening take away about healing and survival, what it would it be?
Speaker 2: There's always hope, even if there feels like there's none, there's hope, and I know that to be true because I had to find that now glory.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you the same questions ask all my guests. So what is your definition of living a fulfilled life?
Speaker 2: I think one where you can be authentically you, and one where joy is a feature in every day of your life. Too often, I think we get it around the wrong way and put all our energy into work and commitments and forget that joy can be found in having a laugh with the kids over breakfast, or noticing that that dog just banged into a wall, whatever silliness, you have the joy within, finding the child within, I think and experiencing that is sign of a fulfilled life.
Speaker 1: You had a chance to go back in time and speak to little Gloria, What advice would you give her?
Speaker 2: You're a hero and just never ever doubt the beautiful spirit you had and that they didn't kill it. It was one thing they couldn't get, so stamstrong and steam proud.
Speaker 1: How do you define God or source within?
Speaker 2: It's not outside of you, It always lies within. Just tapping into it helps.
Speaker 1: What is love?
Speaker 2: I think it's that feeling of everything that we embrace that lights us up, that feels potentially available to everybody.
Speaker 1: Because it is what is the ultimate purpose of life.
Speaker 2: To be who you are living your purpose? Well, you have a unique.
Speaker 1: Quot and where can people find out more about you and the amazing work you're doing in the world.
Speaker 2: Thank you so hanging the shameback dot org and Gloriamasters dot com.
Speaker 1: And Gloria, do you have any parting messages for the audience?
Speaker 2: Just that if and doubt do something. But I'd just like to read at the final quote out of the BOP keeping kids safe, if I may, because I think it's very powerful. Whose job is it to protect children? She asked? Not mind seed one not my problem, said another. The question then becomes, if not you, then who?
Speaker 1: Lauria, thank you so much for this conversation. I really do hope that this does help people listening around the world for many many years to come. And I appreciate you and everything that you're doing to help awaken and help this planet and this and our consciousness. So I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you for your wonderful interview.
Speaker 1: Thank you for spending this sacred time with us today. If you feel called to explore this conversation further, you'll find the show notes for this episode at Next levelsoul dot com Forward slash five five four, and if your soul is craving an even deeper journey, step into Next Level Soul TV our streaming sanctuary for spiritual films, documentaries, original shows, guided meditations, channeling sessions, audiobooks, and transformative teachings. It's a space created to support your awakening, you're healing, and your return to the truth of who you really are. Begin your journey at Next levelsoul dot tv. Until next time, keep expanding, keep seeking, and keep walking your path towards the next level of your soul.
Speaker 2: The bat and the co