Speaker 1: New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: Taxi.
Speaker 1: I'm this is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. It's the Joe Concha Tunnel to Towers Foundation Sunday Morning Show. Now here's Joe.
Speaker 2: Kancha and welcome everybody on this Sunday, August ninth. The summer going by quite fast? Can you believe that in twenty two days we will be in September. Fortunately it's a late labor day this year, so my kids don't go back to school at least until September eighth. But I have friends down south where the kids are already going back to school tomorrow. So I don't quite get that the hotter it is, the sooner you go back. But whatever, it's fine. Let's get to the fun stuff, shall we. And the fun stuff happened on Staten Island this week, as you may have heard so or am Memdannie. This is basically like going into I don't know Alabama or I guess these days Florida because Mmdannie, while he runs up the score during the election in places like Brooklyn, Staten Island ain't gonna be a friendly confine to him. And sure enough, but I have a philosophy around this, so First, let's play exactly what happened, which is what you would expect would happen, including members of the NYPD booing the sitting Mayor of New York off the stage as he smiled through the whole thing, of course, because that's.
Speaker 1: What he does.
Speaker 2: Cut number sixteen, go ah, yeah that whoa. I wouldn't be Staaten Island out a F bomb or twenty A. Right. I think we get the point there, people. So look, I think this is all I think he knows. He's not dumb Mendonni. He's dumb. He's illiterate when it comes to economic stuff. And oh yeah, he's going to bring down rent prices. And now we saw a report that says that rent is now at an all time high. He's the guy who says, okay, I'll make things more affordable in New York despite the fact there are thousands of places to buy food. I'm going to build five whole grocery stores run by the government. At they were supposed to be fifteen million dollars each to build, and now we're looking at numbers like forty forty five million, three times as much. And then he's artificially going to bring down prices, which if you're a bodega or you're some sort of food store. Let's say in East Harlem, for example, where the first government run food store is going to open, you're not happy about this because you now have competition where they can fix the game. So yeah, he's pissing off everybody who owns anything that sells food around here. He's going to artificially lower the prices. This has not worked, and everywhere from other US cities to the Soviet Union in Cuba Venezuela, we kind of precedent here around the whole government run grocery store thing. So when it comes to things like that, this guy has zero clue. He has zero clue how to bring free childcare to New York City obviously without taxing people, including raising property taxes by double digits. Right, And we're never going to see free bussing, even though he promised that as well, because again he talks a really good game, but as far as execution, no, it's just simply not going to happen. So yeah, he's dumb in that way where he's never held a job in his life, never even run a lemonade stand, But he is smart politically in the sense where he knows. I think that by going to Staten Island, he absolutely was going to be booed off that stage, and I think to his supporters that is a badge of honor to be booed by police officers, because secretly, not secretly, openly, he has said in the past that he hates these people. It's all on Twitter, no worry. You could read it where he called not just a couple of NYPD officers racist, but the entire department racist and anti queer. He wrote it. And if you think he somehow evolved on the issue and suddenly he loves the NYPD, uh huh. So he knew by going there and getting booed by the men in blue that this would be something among his supporters. The latte drinking, worthless degree holding white people liberals would say, great, good for you, Zoran's that's what we want. We're with you, man, You're a victim. Uh huh. So that that's my whole philosophy on what happened in Staten Island earlier this week. Meanwhile, the Mendanni's, I guess, West Midwest Mendannie, I guess we could call him. That's the fake doctor asterisk Abdul l Sae, the guy who says he've saved more people than most doctors in the world despite not having you know, a medical license, but goes around calling himself a doctor. He's basically like Jill Biden with a beard. Now he is saying, and this guy is profoundly anti Semitic. He says that Israel should not exist. He also believes that Net and Yahoo should be thrown in prison. He's been Donnie, except he's running in Michigan. He's running state wide, which is a different deal than running it in a blue city. He's trying to win a state that Donald Trump won twice three times depending on who you talk to, and it probably isn't going to happen. I'll tell you why in a moment. But here is l si ed now actually, because he needs Jewish votes, suddenly is extending an olive branch, and it is rancid and is cut number eight go.
Speaker 3: I want to speak specifically to an issue that has been focused on in this race. To my Jewish American sisters and brothers, one of the most indelible memories of this campaign will have been the opportunity to break bread with you at Satar, to worship with you at schule, to embrace, to be embraced by you.
Speaker 2: Oh, and.
Speaker 3: Listening to sisters and brothers who said, you know, I want to join this movement because Apak doesn't for me, because I understand that self determination for one people does not require the quenching of self determination for another people, that unless all of us are free, none of us are free. I want to tell you the great gift that you've given me, and to all of my sisters and brothers of the Jewish faith or any faith at all, or no faith at all, I want you to know that my commitment to your safety, my commitment to Jewish safety, is the same commitment that I have to the safety of my own daughters. Because if there is one philosophy that.
Speaker 2: We're good, we get the point, right, my Jewish brothers and sisters.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said in twenty eighteen quote, you might not hate Muslims, but Muslims definitely hate you. Uh oh. That sounds anti Semitic when you say that to Jewish people.