Speaker 1: It's the JB and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: You can listen online at one three to one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: The other day, jb Uh.
Speaker 2: And I went to the Texas Stars game and we were just chip chatting.
Speaker 1: We actually went to Jack Allens and see.
Speaker 2: Her park before the game and JB was like, dude, can you believe our fortieth high school reunions coming up next year?
Speaker 1: My first?
Speaker 3: JB said thirty. I said thirty, and I believed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's forty right, which made just it's hard to believe. And I I have never I've not gone to a single high school reunion. H oh really no, I never have. I don't stay in touch with any of them. The one guy that I did stay in touch with, some AGD went and died, and so that was my only connection to school the high school. Then I had my friend Jody, but I don't really talk to her much anymore. So yeah, I've just I've just never gone and done it. But Trisa Boycey loves attending that Austin high reunion.
Speaker 4: I will tell you this, I've gone to every one of my high school reunions. The reason is because I still go with my girls. That we hung out with in high school. The five of us that were always together in high school. All five of us have gone to every single reunion together. That's what makes it fun.
Speaker 3: You guys are all still pretty tight.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I just talked to literally every one of them today, And so let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: So you've got these five friends from high school, you've all remained close friends, you all stay in touch, and when you go to the reunion, do you just talk to those four or five people.
Speaker 3: No, we do not. We stay close to each other.
Speaker 4: But really the consensus is, oh my god, the five of you are still so close.
Speaker 3: Like it's just very strong.
Speaker 1: And still so nerdy.
Speaker 3: Yeah or not. We weren't the cool ones, though. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: If they even recognize you without your trumpet.
Speaker 4: Without my big hat on with the plumes sticking out the top of.
Speaker 1: It, and can recognize you without that.
Speaker 4: They recognized me, don't worry. They recognized it. I was not the super cool kid, click, but I wasn't like the nerd outcast, the guys, the people who went and smoked in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Click.
Speaker 4: I was kind of in the middle and friends with everybody.
Speaker 5: I think at the reunions or maybe at a homecoming football game. They should get alumni at least past the twenty year mark that were in the band to go back out there and perform.
Speaker 1: They do that at ut Yeah, they did at Ute. I was at the basketball game.
Speaker 3: Were they any good? So the high school ones, like most of them probably quit? Yeah? Yeah, I want it to be bad.
Speaker 4: I haven't played my trumpet except just to screw around with.
Speaker 3: It since I graduated.
Speaker 4: In fact, I protested as a senior at our graduation. Our band director at the time tried to make the senior sit with the band to play as the band, and I was like, I'm not doing that. I'm going to go sit in the audience. Like so, I haven't even played since graduation.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good thing you did. That was crappy of the band.
Speaker 3: I was super crappy.
Speaker 4: I was the only one who did it and the other my girls were like, why did we not do that with you?
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know, but that was nonsense.
Speaker 2: Well, there was an interesting poll that asked about fifty different high school experiences to see how common they are, and I thought it'd be fun to just kind of kick them around a little bit and if you had a funny story about it or whatever, just to throw it in there. So here's the ten most common high school experiences. Number ten, had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Sixty four percent of the people polled said yes, they did have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Jamy, I know you had a girlfriend in high school, didn't you?
Speaker 3: In high school?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 3: I had two? Yeah, yeah, I had. Well, I switched schools.
Speaker 5: I went from Georgetown to Westwood and then, you know, I didn't switch just because I moved because the Georgetown chick actually broke up with me and I was just so happy to move.
Speaker 3: The timing was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and then I and I dated a girl in my senior year and when I had moved into Austin, Yeah I had.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if they lasted long enough to be called girlfriends, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There were a few dates with a lot of guns.
Speaker 2: With a lot of girls, and never really had like a girlfriend and girlfriend. Yeah, you know what I mean. They wised up to me pretty quick. They figured you out, figured me out. And Tricia, did you have a like a you didn't really have a boyfriend, boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Right, But you were in love with.
Speaker 3: My god Jeff Lights, Jeff Lights.
Speaker 4: I was a freshman and he was a senior, and I thought I would die if he did not left me back. He was the first time that I wept over boy so crazy high school hormones.
Speaker 3: He did not love me during high school, but I did. I had a boyfriend my senior year.
Speaker 4: He did not go to the same high school that I did, but proportion of my senior year I had a boyfriend and I dated him for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: What high school he go to?
Speaker 4: He went to? Oh my god, why can't I think Westwood? No, not Westwood?
Speaker 1: Well, I just know her old boyfriend lives in that area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he did. Where were you you were at Austin High?
Speaker 4: Was at Austin High. I can't remember what high school he went to. I knew him from work. My job at AGV, my very first job I got AMGV. God I loved that job.
Speaker 2: Some other common experiences, I mean, went on a date was nine. We kind of covered that if you had a boyfriend or girlfriend. Yeah, but took the sat Or Act. Sixty six percent of people did. I took the Act. I never took the SAT. I was in the Midwest. I was in Nebraska and it was an act thing. They administered the SAT. I think I only took the SAT.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what you got on it?
Speaker 5: I don't remember. It was not great, like nine hundred something. Yeah, so I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Pretty fun last week I have been I've been out of high school for how long?
Speaker 3: Almost forty years. I took the SAT.
Speaker 4: My whole goal was to get above triple digits, so I whented it at least be in the four digits. I thought the highest score you could get on an SAT was fourteen hundred. I have been proudly telling people that I got a ten ten on the SAT. Meanwhile, the highest score is a sixteen hundred.
Speaker 1: We're talking to what we were talking to what I look.
Speaker 4: Like an idiot going around proudly saying I get a ten ten.
Speaker 2: We were talking to one of Landry's classmates and in one of her friends, and she had gotten her SAT, like, what did you get on the SAT? And she got four and she said I got a fourteen thirty and Trishia's like in.
Speaker 3: She goes, but I'm retaking it, and I was like, what, why?
Speaker 2: How high does it go and she goes, oh, perfect is sixteen hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I can't even imagine how many people I've told I got a ten ten.
Speaker 3: Radiac.
Speaker 2: I took the act, and I think if I think thirty six was perfect, like the perfect score. The first time I took it, I got an eight eight and my only goal. My only goal was to get a twelve, because that's what you had to get to be eligible to play college athletics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were you filling in the answers with a bingo dobby or something that was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was. I was a mess in high school. I mean I really was just a hot mess, moving moving along. Another very common high school experience that sixty eight percent of people say they experience. Kind of a low number, I would guess. But kissed someone. Yeah, I did a lot of that.
Speaker 3: A lot of kissing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of kissing. I did enough of that. Yeah, that's pretty good at it. Here's another one. It's kind of low. If this been in Texas had been a higher number. Went to at least one high school football game sixty.
Speaker 5: Mmm, god, we'd go to them, all right? Yeah? Maybe not my senior year. I was always working, but Yeah, that was That was an especially in Georgetown. Yeah, like that's what you did on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of Landry's friends from lamp Passas and she's like, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: What you do on Friday night.
Speaker 4: I was at every single solitary football game because I was in the band and we marched at every single game. I never experienced it as a student in the stands right, always on the field with the band.
Speaker 3: We won one game each of the four years I was there. Not great.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 3: Austin I not known for football at that time. That's still not well, what is it known for? Give us the time? It was tennis and golf. It was the rich kids' school. Oh because of Muni or yeah Muni.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Terrytown right there, all those kids played Austin, Hi and Westlake were arch rivals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now all the rich kids go to the private schools, right and Austin's tyg got just bunch of dopes.
Speaker 3: I don't. I really have no idea.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think that how it was kind of going that way for a while. I think it's shifted back to where a lot of the Terrytown families are sending their kids s Austin Hind.
Speaker 1: That's good US.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine of the people pulled said they took a class they hated. Hated all of mine only. I hated all of my classes. I couldn't narrow it down to one. I hated them all. Oh, as evidence with my act square with.
Speaker 3: You, I didn't enjoy anything in school.
Speaker 5: No, no, I mean unless there were a couple where the teacher was really hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't have Franciscan nuns teaching yours. Yeah it man, take a class you loved. No, I just told you I hated all of my class.
Speaker 5: Track, yeah, football, track and cross country.
Speaker 3: I like that class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, football and wrestling was fun. Yeah right, here's another one. This is kind of unusual for me. Had a specific friend group or click man. I was kind of a floater as a loner. Really, I mean I just kind of went from one click to the other. Yeah, you're kind of friends with everyone. Yeah that's kind of what I was. Yeah. Yeah, what about you, JB.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was it was very similar.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I like, after my freshman year, I stopped playing football because I was so skinny and focused on track and cross country. But I played with all those guys through junior high in ninth grade, so we were friends.
Speaker 3: And then a lot of those guys run track.
Speaker 5: There's there's a lot of there's a big crossover between football and track with the sprinters and hurdlers and all that stuff. But no, and then and then I had car buddies too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that other outlet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were car geeks so in that but it was mostly you know, my my track and cross country peeps.
Speaker 2: Did you park your car with all what we used to call them the motorheads in the back row that would back their cars and trucks into the thing and then hang out before school.
Speaker 5: No, but in Georgetown, the thing was h the way the parking lot was. There was like a big dirt riser on the back end, and all the all the country kids with their lifted trucks they got they so they were really cool trucks. They were all you know, like dad's hand me downs from the seventies, yeah, in the early eighties. And they would just sort of take them like they'd all be lined up on top of the hill like that's cool, and then when it rains they'd all spin around throw mud on it.
Speaker 2: The final one, final thing here on this most common high school experiences. Eighty seven percent of the people pulled when they asked if they had a crush on someone in high school said yes, eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think yeah, I'm not surprised that numbers high. What's that I said, refer back to my story about Jeff Lights, Yeah, right right exactly. Yeah, where's he today?
Speaker 4: I can actually tell you because I spoke with them, kept in contact with them over the years.
Speaker 3: He is in the Army.
Speaker 4: He is a high school band director at a high school in New bron Fules And he has always been in what is it, the National Guard? National Guard, so he comes into Camp Maybury a lot. He's the band director for one of the National Guard units too, So yeah, he ended up being a band director.
Speaker 3: He was in band when I was in band.
Speaker 1: So band guy.
Speaker 3: The epitome of a marine. See a picture of it, the army or marine?
Speaker 4: I mean, sorry, army really buzz cut the fatigue still in shape guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Tbe. Who is your high school crush? Do you have one?
Speaker 5: I'm sure I just bounced around. I just want you liked them all?
Speaker 1: I liked them?
Speaker 2: Stick her out more coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point. Some of these AI companies are starting to get exposed, and one got exposed really really bad, and it's really really fun.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: All right. So this is an English company, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a London based company. It's called builder dot AI. Microsoft invested in this company. It was once spellued at like one and a half billion dollars, but they went bankrupt recently because it was revealed that its AI at building service was actually just seven hundred human engineers in India.
Speaker 3: In the back room, answer this frantically answering question.
Speaker 2: So you type, you type in give me a brief history of the of the War of eighteen twelve.
Speaker 1: When there's some Indian dude looking up the answer.
Speaker 4: And type, Oh my god, I think that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: But they they tricked everyone, they did.
Speaker 4: I mean, they tricked my testing half a billion dollars in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, it's hysterical.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever seen the like videos and stuff of click farms?
Speaker 3: Uh no, I feel like I've heard of it, but I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: So a click farm is where you can buy people to like your social media posts, okay, and it's just a big office full of people sitting at computers, and as soon as an order comes in, they all go to your Facebook page and they click oh yep, and it's and it's you can buy followers as well. Yeah, but they say that's in the long run, it's really a bad thing to do. I mean it's one, it's dishonest for starters, but a lot of people do it to really up their social media presence.
Speaker 5: If you see someone here's the tailtale sign for that is if they have a huge following, all right, you go, oh wow, look at all those followers. Then go look at recent posts and see how many they have? How many yeah, how many followers have? How many are they getting on a regular post? And if it's tiny number, like I just I won't go into too many details, but there were I was considering investing in this guy's product. It was it was health food related, and I like, guys got this massive following. And then I started looking at individual posts and it'd be like twenty five likes, yeah, fifteen likes.
Speaker 3: I go, this, this doesn't add up. This is wrong, right. I think he bought all those followers to look big, So.
Speaker 1: You didn't give them the money, right now?
Speaker 3: That was that was one of many red flags.
Speaker 2: You can also look at the followers that they have and if if you're a dude in Austin, Texas and a lot of your followers have Indian surnames, then chances are they bought those followers, you know what I mean. It's just it's where they are, the people that work there, that's that's where they live. It's in India. So, but that's really funny about the AI. Just a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 1: Can you manage the panic when the question comes in?
Speaker 3: Just the frenzy of everybody googling at one time. It's like trivia night at the bar, and they get bonus on who comes up with the answers the quickest.
Speaker 2: Is there any type of legal issues with It's got to be some fraud involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They also were making up their numbers and audit should they light out their sales?
Speaker 3: So I'm sure they're in all kinds of trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very funny. So another there's gonna be I don't know. I think we talked about it briefly the other day. I'm just AI and subscriptions out. I'm like, I don't even.
Speaker 3: Want to down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us ose.
Speaker 3: It just all rolls is rolling out and hitting us too fast.
Speaker 2: And then everyone's trying to keep up with everyone else with new features and new things.
Speaker 1: Like I just learned this way, right.
Speaker 3: I can't learn more stuff?
Speaker 1: Can you slow down a little bit?
Speaker 2: Or can we go back to the one that I'm used to until I'm ready to learn the new one? But it's a lot, Yeah, but it didn't go it anywhere, you know, It's like rock.
Speaker 1: And roll they're talking about there.
Speaker 2: I saw some guy talking about the use of AI and schools and how it's gonna be gotten out of control. But they're talking about going back to old school pen and paper and blue books.
Speaker 4: Okay, I school that too, And listen to this. I just read this article. I forgot to bring it up with y'all. Two high school students at round Rock High School I believe we're at a high school in round Rock just came up with their own app to help teachers look at hand written papers to determine if a I was used, because they yeah, if you pull it up, like they can easily scan the text if it's a tight But I was like, those must be the most hated kids in school, totally routed everybody out and helping the teachers.
Speaker 5: They're the lars Ulric of their school. Lars Ulric from Metallica was one to shut down Napster, ruined it for all of us.
Speaker 3: Those kids are grubb to be rich, but they're not gonna have any friends.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to move to Tennessee or something. So why'd you move to Nashville? WHOA the whole school? They were probably kids that were doing the work.
Speaker 1: Though. We got tired of Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like a little ri venge app. They came up with, Yeah, that's very funny.
Speaker 1: He's JB. That's Tricia Open there. Don't forget.
Speaker 2: You can grab the podcast version of the show every single day on the iHeartRadio app. Also we're on TikTok find us at JB Sandy at X Tonight, I am at the Round Rock Amphitheater along with the Texas Lotto and giving away VIP tickets to Jaws on the Water out at Belinda Beach water Park that later on this month. So we've got a bunch of tickets to give away. A bunch of Jaws Wag fiftieth anniversary of the movie. And oh, by the way, Jamie Johnson is planned tonight. And the best way for me to describe Jamie Johnson for those of you that don't know his music. One, he had a really big hit called uh should Have Seen It in Color? Such a good song, great song. But he was Chris Stapleton before Chris Stapleton was Chris Stapleton. He just did Chris Stapleton did Jamie Johnson better? Do you know what I mean by that?
Speaker 3: Jamie Johnson still, Oh, he's awesome.
Speaker 1: He's unbelievable guitar player.
Speaker 3: He's just not getting as much. Friday, I saw I.
Speaker 2: Saw Jamie Johnson, Mony Montgomery, Eric Johnson and one of the guys from zz Top who I can't remember his name, that played guitar. They did a show at the Oasis during south By Southwest of really really small show. And you know who I went with the show, JB. Here's a name for you, Randy Cohen, Ticket City, Randy Cohen. Yeah, he took me to it. And those guys are four unbelievable guitar players and they just jammed for like what it was really and there was like fifty people in the whole thing. It was just really, really cool. So I'm asked Jamie about that when I see him.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. Anyway, if you're going to the show tonight, find me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be there and we're giving away a bunch of stuff, including those tickets to Jaws on the Water. It's the fiftieth anniversary. It's apt Lynda beachwater Park. That's tonight at the Round Amphitheater with Jamie Johnson and the Texas Lottery. By the way, Texas Lottery must be eighteen year older to play. I have to say that. Stay with us. More coming up on Austin Davy Station one O three point one