Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim a bonus episode.
Speaker 1: Legend has It? Bonus go, Legend has It?
Speaker 2: This is exciting.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Legend Has It?
Speaker 2: Everyone, the first of many. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is just gonna be like a mini series where we just drop a bunch of like more like paranormal stuff, that sort of thing. Paranormal. What's the other word I'm looking for. It's on the tip of my tongue. Supernatural. There we go, supernatural and paranormal stuff.
Speaker 2: Ghosts are ghost is normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tried to help you.
Speaker 1: It just did not appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The effort was there, and it's super fun that this is dropping on a Friday, Friday, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: If you're not listening to this on Friday, well there's there's like what one in seven chants, which is like a fourteen ish percent chance that you're listening to this on a Friday, whether it's the friday we release it or not.
Speaker 2: So, but also a very high chance that you're just listening to it on the weekend. And weekends are also sweet, that's true. I love weekends.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this on a Monday. I'm sorry that you're having to go through a Monday. Hopefully this makes your Monday a little bit better.
Speaker 2: This will make it a bit better, just a bit, A bit by a bit, I mean a lot so much I hate mondays.
Speaker 1: This will make it a good Monday. After this, you'd be like, man, mondays are fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: I can get through this week. I can do anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, anything you can do, I can do better. Oh. I don't know, though, people are starting to pick favorites between you and I.
Speaker 2: You know that, I know, but I'm winning because of my freaking train wreck of an episode of five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, the orgasm print. That's that's getting people pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I begged for you to take that out. Like I was like, no, we have to take that out.
Speaker 1: And there was no way I was letting that happen. It had to stay in. It had to stay How could you take that out?
Speaker 2: I feel like I could have been taken out.
Speaker 1: No, it had had to be left in.
Speaker 2: I think, honestly, I think people dislike us both. So it's okay, maybe it's all good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So since this is a mini episode though, a little bonus episode, let's get right to this. Yes, so we're coming off the Alisa Lamb episode and one of the theories is the elevator game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If you haven't listened to the Alsa Lamb episode yet, I recommend you go do. It's a good one, a very crazy, crazy story that unfortunately happened to someone. It is solved, but a lot of people aren't happy with the results, and this is what some people speculate could have happened.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh it's crazy. So we're getting into the paranormal world here with the elevator game or the Elevator to another world, Elevator ritual, elevator hell. It's got a lot of different names, but they all mean the same thing.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: So it originated in Korea in the twenty tens, and the earliest report that I could find actually was in November of two thousand and eight. And I just want to give a quick shout out to the ghost inmimachine dot com because I'm pretty much not plagiarized. I took all the information from there. I wrote it in my own way, but I took all the information from that website. They did their research through and through they know what they're talking about. So thank you very much for all the info out there to that website. Go check them out. Who do the thing?
Speaker 2: Kiwi is trying to get on this podcast?
Speaker 1: See what's up?
Speaker 2: He literally just rubbed his face against the mic. Jesus got goal.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Kiwi aside, thank you to the ghost of my machine. There is some debate though where it originated, whether it was Korea, Japan, or some other East Asian country, But what we do know is that it was a game that's or is a game that's a direct link to another their world, or so they say, so they say. But to go to the other world, there's a series of very very specific steps you have to take. Okay, Okay, you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I really am sure. I really want to know what they are.
Speaker 1: Let's go Okay, well let's talk out of play. Okay, So it goes. I'm going to be like very specific here in these steps. So I'm sorry if it's like I'm articulating like very robotic here. But step one, you need to find yourself a building of at least ten stories tall, ten.
Speaker 2: Stories at least at least Okay, so it could be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with level one being the ground level. Sorry in your throat, yep, I guess so okay. So step two, you enter your chosen building and proceed directly to the elevator, like directly.
Speaker 2: Don't stop and get a coffee, just straight to the end. No Starbucks okay, don't get your latte okay, no.
Speaker 1: No double Tall, extra Frapple appachinos going on later. Yeah. Step three you call the elevator using only the up button. Do not touch the down button. This must happen on the first floor and only the first floor. Okay, okay. Step four. When the door is open to the elevator, you must be alone. If someone else enters, do not proceedh okay.
Speaker 2: So you got to do this at a time of day where it's not very busy.
Speaker 1: Yes, the whole thing. If you get interrupted at all, it's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay was that those step four right? Okay? Sorry, I could just check my list instead of asking you. I guess. Step five, press the button for the fourth floor. Step six, when it reaches the fourth floor, stay on the elevator and press the button for the second floor. That's gonna be a theme for the next few steps here. Okay, Step seven on the second floor, Stay on the elevator, press the button for the floor. Step eight on the sixth floor, Stay on, press the button for the second floor. Step nine on the second floor, stay on, Press the button for the tenth floor. Step ten on the tenth floor, Stay on the elevator, and press the button for the fifth floor. Now step eleven on that fifth floor. This is where things get a little bit creepy and eerie. A young woman may enter the elevator. Do not look at her, and do not speak to her. She isn't what she seems. She is not human, right, Like, this gets creepy as fuck. Okay, could you imagine just being like a bunch of random floors that you're just punching in and even if this isn't real, you're trying it. And you get to that floor and a woman does come in the elevator.
Speaker 2: Some random woman, just a normal woman.
Speaker 1: And I was watching my pants, oh right, one hundred percent. I was watching some YouTube videos of people like trying this and stuff, and there was some encounters where this actually happened, where a woman come on and it was like totally just a random woman, right, But I had to like question it. I'm like, is it a plant? Like I'm sure some of them they just got like a friend to just come on.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I thought it was like, actually just someone else if it was a hotel or whatever, someone else at the hotel. But no, this like they are actually filming some random woman, like this random woman getting on because I was thinking, what if it was just like you're on the hotel and just some lady is like going to get a Starbucks. Yeah, and it just randomly happened.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that's that's the thing that can happen and that I've seen that happen on YouTube. Oh okay, but how many of those times is it actually just a random woman. I'm sure some people are just like trying to get the views and stuff and like that's true, getting their friends to do it sort of thing, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any any person that just came on that stage. I'm like, okay, I'm out, Yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when she enters the elevator, if she does, she may or may.
Speaker 2: Not, which is weird.
Speaker 1: I've got a little fury on that a little bit later. I'll talk about at the end. Okay, So step twelve, Remain on the elevator with the young woman, and press the button for the first floor, step thirteen. At this point, there are one of two things that's going to happen. Either the elevator will descend to the first floor, or it will ascend to the tenth floor. If the elevator descends to the first floor, exit the elevator as soon as the door's open. Do not look back, do not speak. Exit the building immediately. You may come back and try again another time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Didn't work, or you were declined or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, you weren't worthy, you are not worthy.
Speaker 1: Thor is worthy. Yeah, Thor would make it to the tenth floor. If the elevator ascends to the tenth floor, the game or ritual was successful. You're on your way to another world. If for whatever reason, you have a second thought you want to get off, here's what you do. You press the button for any other floor in the building other than the first or the tenth floor, and you must do this before the elevator passes the ninth floor. Holy shit, this will cancel the ritual or game.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I would definitely be doing that and I probably also wouldn't even be playing this game.
Speaker 1: So if you if you are at this point, you might as well go to the tenth floor. I'm just gonna say, because there's there's there's a little built in thing here where it's it doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Well if that lady was on the elevator though, yeah, okay, that's true.
Speaker 1: Rather than spending more time with her, just ditch out as soon as you can. Where am I now? I gotta look at my list? Okay, So when you reach the tenth floor, you may exit the elevator or stay on. If you do not exit and want to return home, press the button for the first floor and exit the elevator and building immediately. So see like, rather than canceling it, you might as well just go to the tenth floor, see the world real quick, and then exit way.
Speaker 2: Like a little peak. Yeah okay.
Speaker 1: If you do exit on the tenth floor, you are now in another world. And if the woman joined you on the elevator, she may actually speak to you at this point, so it gets a little even creepier. She may ask you where you are going. Do not answer, Do not speak to her, do not look at her, and do not look back to her. Just avoid eye contact looking at her at anything. She's not there as far as you're concerned.
Speaker 2: Okay, my gosh, Okay, because if this was just like another guest or something, they're probably legitimately wanting to know where you're going.
Speaker 1: Right, Especially the tenth floor is just like some maintenance level or something or something dumb like where's you're going? Like you're not supposed to be on this floor, and you're just like, I don't know who.
Speaker 2: You are like this, and then she's like how rude is right? People answering me?
Speaker 1: Wow? Anyways, So exit the elevator, and you are now, as I say, in this other world o creepy. You can look around and you can explore, but do not lose sight of the elevator. Make sure you know where it is because that's that's your ticket home.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Okay, so to.
Speaker 1: Return home, you must use that same elevator, So don't like try and think that maybe you can use another one. It has to be the same.
Speaker 2: One, huh. Okay, So don't really venture off too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the main thing you'll notice about this world is that you're the only person there. Love that right, I mean solitude, who doesn't want that Once in a while.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that would just be freaking amazing, But then it would get so old, sol bat.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, honestly, this world's not sounding too bad. I might go there, like on my days off of work or something, just to chill, you know. But the shitty thing is that your electronics won't work there.
Speaker 2: Okay, but which actually might be nice too, a nice break. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean there's no scroll on TikTok, there's no scroll on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people said too much time.
Speaker 1: So that's true. Yeah, mindlessly scrolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So many people who have played the game claim that they made it to the other world successfully and say that the air seems very heavy. It kind of eventually begins to feel like they can't really breathe and they get disoriented. Wow, which leads to Alisa Lamb how she was disoriented in this elevator right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so huh.
Speaker 1: There are also multi reports of a faint red hue cast over the world with a red cross off on the horizon in the distance.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that seems really eerie, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's like a like an X cross or like a like a religious cross or kind of cross. It just says cross.
Speaker 2: Huh. So the fact that it's like red, I just kind of feel like it's almost like hell.
Speaker 1: Hellish, But it's like a faint red hue, so it doesn't it's I don't know, doesn't seem hellish to me. It doesn't seem nice. I'll tell you that, but I don't know. In my mind, it just seems like more eerie and unpleasant than like hell. Okay, Anyways. Allegedly, if a player does faint in this world, though, they will find themselves waking up back in their home, but it is not the same home they left. One player apparently thought that she made it home before passing out, but then realized she woke up in the other world again.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, how did she get back? Then?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's we don't know. So they're they're unfortunately like at this point, there's no resources revealing anything on what to do if this happens. So likely, if this does happen, you're kind of fucked. You're gonna be trapped.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, play at your own risk. Did we say that at the beginning?
Speaker 1: No play at your own risk, lady.
Speaker 2: Your own risk? Yeah, after we've given you all the instructions. Now we're saying this, but now.
Speaker 1: The instructions to return home. If you do want here we go. What you must do is first find that elevator, very same one. Make sure you know where it is, track it down, enter the elevator, and go to the fourth floor. When you reach the fourth floor, repeat the same steps and visit the floors you did and steps six through twelve. So go back listen to that. If you're actually gonna go do this, I'm not gonna repeat the steps because I'm getting caught in mouth as it is already. So this leaves you pressing the button for the first floor at the end, but the elevator will ascend to the tenth floor just like it did before. Okay, here, you must cancel the ascension just like pressing that number, except for floor one or ten before reaching floor nine. So you have to cancel that esson.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's so many steps I would end up screwing something up for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah see I've again I've got a theory on this. Okay, So you have to cancel the ascension before reaching that floor. I mean, if you do it right, the elevator will descend to the first floor and the doors will open. Now, of course, your reaction is immediately going to be like, got to get the fuck out of here. So I'm standing next to this creepy ass lady, I just saw this crazy ass fucking world. I want to go home. I want to get me some nachos.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Margarita's yes.
Speaker 1: Especially Margarita'. Oh, man, don't do it. Do not leave the elevator. Stay on the elevator.
Speaker 2: Okay, what floor are you on at this point, sir, on the first floor, and you're not allowed to leave.
Speaker 1: Do not leave, and I'm going to tell you why, because it may seem like you're in your world, but you may not be. Before you leave the elevator, take a moment, look closely at the surroundings, make sure that everything is right. If there seems to be one little thing off, repeat the last five steps as many times necessary, and then you can get off the elevator only when you were one hundred percent certain you have returned home.
Speaker 2: I always think shit's off those I'm like, how long would I be on there trying to figure out if I'm in the right Look.
Speaker 1: That bitch's face, Oh, that's definitely off.
Speaker 2: Oh my word.
Speaker 1: So if any if at any point you look at her, talk to this woman though, if she does get on at the fifth floor, she may not. She may not. Yeah, she may decide or sorry, hold on, she may yeah. Okay, sorry, There's one more thing I'm gonna say before I get to that. During this whole time, she may antagonize you. It's said, Oh wow, she may antagonize you. She may like get rude or question you or something. Ignore her. Whatever you do, do not look at her, do not speak to her. If you do talk to her, she may decide to keep you. That's all it says, keep you for her own yes, So do not talk to her if you ever return, ever want to return home. And that is the elevator game. The elevator game.
Speaker 2: I don't like any of that.
Speaker 1: I've got some theories about this.
Speaker 2: I would like to hear these theories because.
Speaker 1: I love the supernatural, I love the paranormal. But I'm a big time skeptic of things. I love to hear stories, and I love to try and debunk. And my theory on this is, as much as it sounds amazing and cool, I think it is one hundred percent bullshit. And the reason why I say that I want to I want to believe in it, but I think it's bullshit for a few reasons. Here, I'm going to start with the woman getting on the elevator. She may or may not get on the elevator. Sounds like a contingency plan here, like, if you are playing it correctly, she may or may not. Well, how do you know if you're playing it correctly? Then the only way you know if you're playing it correctly is to get to the other world. Yeah, because at the final step it says you push the button for the first floor. If you did it and you get to go, you'll go to the tenth floor instead. Right, If we were to go play right now and it's fake, we push the button for the first floor, Oh shit, it didn't work. The woman didn't get on. It just didn't work. We're on the first floor. We have to leave.
Speaker 2: Oh, Like, you wouldn't know if it worked.
Speaker 1: You mean, the only way you know it worked is if you end up on the tenth floor instead of the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you and I go play one hundred times and it doesn't work any time, it's just saying, oh, well, it just didn't work. There's too many contingency plans built in. There's too many fail safes. First of all, there's so many steps, so you can just say you can just blame it on well, you obviously didn't get the steps right.
Speaker 2: Or what APMs I there's some person at floor ten just pushing the button to go down.
Speaker 1: Not too but there's you can't be interrupted. You have to do the steps exactly. The woman may or may not enter, and you may or may not even if you do it correctly, end up in the other world. There's too many fail safes in this to suggest that it was your fault and not the ritual or game's fault. And that makes me say it's false, just based on the fact that there's too many ways that it's your fault and not the game's fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be honest. You has time for this shit, even that's true.
Speaker 1: Also, the electronics not working in the other other world because now you can't take photos or video litter.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, okay, I never even thought about that. That being why.
Speaker 1: So as much as I love this story, I called one bullshit on it. It's cool to think about, but I just can't get behind this one.
Speaker 2: It's cool, Like it's that it makes your imagination go a little wild, right, So that's what's really fun about it.
Speaker 1: There are some that I'm going to touch on soon that I fully get behind that I'm just like, this has to be real. Oh my god, it's fucked up. But we're going to say that for another time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I actually just thought about this one too, that back from high school. But maybe I won't Okay, well I can't. I don't know if I can remember the name, but I remember it being like you had to like touch the mirror with like.
Speaker 1: Wet hands, touch the mirror.
Speaker 2: Bloody, and then you're supposed to see bloody Mary.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bloody Mary is one where I believe you say bloody Mary three.
Speaker 2: Times and I thought you have touched the mirror with your hands wet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: A little interesting. It was a big thing when we were in high school.
Speaker 1: It was pre high school for me. It was like elementary for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, well maybe too.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but Bloody Mary is definitely going to be an episode we touch on. I want to do research on that one. Good because that one's been around a long time.
Speaker 2: I feel like I almost try. I feel like I tried it, did it work? No? And I rallyed did something wrong? And plus I probably like didn't want to see that shit.
Speaker 1: Probably that's right.
Speaker 2: You have to believe too, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't believe, she won't show you just gotta believe.
Speaker 2: You have to really believe. Hey, but that was sweet, That was awesome.
Speaker 1: I look forward to doing more of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little fun bonus I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll catch you guys on Tuesday as well. And Nicole is going to be presenting this one, right or am I? No?
Speaker 2: I don't think we've decided yet.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll just drop and just let them see who it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no tips onsoever for you.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well that's one way to go into the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for listening, and stay wicked. Peace,