Speaker 1: All right, what's going on? Drift time?
Speaker 2: Wednesday afternoon, eight minutes past the hour or two o'clock, sun is trying to shine. It's warm enough, it's about sixty eight seventy degrees, but it is cloudy today here in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, in this spring Wednesday afternoon, and as it is every single day, it's gonna have you along for the rides.
Speaker 1: Ben's check. It's me out of Mike.
Speaker 2: That's Porter Larsen behind the glass today and we've got a jam packed show Christmas Eve for a lot of football fans. The NFL Draft is tomorrow. We do some draft on the show today, gets you ready for the draft. We are your home with the NFL Draft here in the market.
Speaker 1: The latest on the.
Speaker 2: Buzz surrounding Jackson Dart latest high school football not too far away from where we're talking today, just down south, the latest buzz on any of the local players.
Speaker 1: It's one of those years where.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of local guys are expected to hear their name called early, if at all. But we'll get you ready for the draft tomorrow and then don't get tomorrow after we signed off fill here at the NFL Draft on our radio station. So day before the draft, big big day for a lot of people to love pro football. We'll get to some NBA basketball, some takeaways from the games last night. We'll preview the games tonight, tripleheader tonight, the will start.
Speaker 1: It will start with Orlando and Boston.
Speaker 2: At five o'clock Mountain times, So while we're on air, Orlando and Boston will actually tip my NBA TV has Miami in Cleveland, and then the late night game on Turner is Golden State in Houston. So some fun games tonight. I think a lot of people excited for that Golden State game.
Speaker 1: Golden State Houston.
Speaker 2: Last night, the Lakers flipped the script Luka, Doncicks looked well, you know, the way he usually does, and they took care of the Tea Wolves ninety.
Speaker 1: Forty eighty five.
Speaker 2: The Thunder didn't win by fifty, they won by nineteen, but it was basically over after the first quarter.
Speaker 1: They were up fifteen after one.
Speaker 2: Memphis made a bit of a charge in the third, but really never seriously threaten. And a sneaky good series. Two teams that, for whatever reason don't seem to like each other. The Pacers in the Bucks Dame Lillard came back but did not look like himself, and the Pacers now lead that series two.
Speaker 1: Oh okay See is up two to oh and.
Speaker 2: Lakers Timberwolves tied at one game apiece. Jason Tatum looks like It looks like Jason Tatum will sit tonight. And if you're Boston, why not. The Celtics lead that series one zero, Calves are up one zero, and of course Golden State leads Houston one zero. So NBA playoffs spring basketballs always a lot of funny get into. Unfortunately, the Jazz are not involved for the third straight year, but we will learn the Jazz draft lottery fate come it up in just about three weeks ish. On Monday, May the twelfth is when we're going to learn where the Jazz will draft, and once we have that information, we'll kind of color the context of what the offseason will look.
Speaker 1: Like for Danny Aingel.
Speaker 2: Justin Zanakin, Utah Jazz front off is trying to he's together a winning basketball team, So we'll get the latest in pro basketball. The college Football Transfer Portal continues to make people angry online. We'll tell you the latest, tell you the latest as far as university of Utah's efforts to try to bring in some wide receivers to replace zach Rye Williams.
Speaker 1: Who Zach Williams.
Speaker 2: I guess is how he's kind of going this year, But some tough news came down yesterday. A lot of people believe Zach Williams would be wide receiver one for Utah football this year. It's a positional group of need, and he has hit the transfer portal as we talked about yesterday. Doesn't necessarily mean that he has gone altogether. But the latest for the Utes, the latest for the Cougars, the latest on the college football transfer portal college basketball transfer portal. Alex Jensen and his staff are hosting some recruits this week. Of course, the Dallas Mavericks lost to the Memphis Grizzlies last week final game of the play in situation, and so Alex is now free to allocate his time and energy to be the head coach of the University of Utah. Jimmer for Debt, James Taft for debt BYU Legends, one of the most exciting college basketball players we've had here in state, has announced his retirement. We'll get Jimmer on the show. Friend of the Program, we've got Jimmer on the show before. Jimmer is thirty six years old, an incredible basketball life. Quite frankly, we'll get into it on the show today. As we said about it, Jimmer for Debt has announced his retirement.
Speaker 1: Fun to do man, Busy, busy show.
Speaker 2: Ral saw Lake, according to a bunch of rumors, on the precipice of bringing in not just one, but maybe a couple, if not three players, as today is the final day of the primary transfer window in Major League Soccer, so as long as you have your paperwork dialed in, you're good to go. Oftentimes we'll hear some of the announcements as far as acquisitions after the window closes a lot of pressure on the RSL front office to add some reinforcement to Pablo's team because so far it has not been great.
Speaker 1: Rail salt Lake will be.
Speaker 2: Back in action coming up on Saturday against San Diego. Diego Luna will be on the pitch, on the field, whatever you want to say, depending on your level of soccer or football snobbery. After Raal sal Lake was able to get that red card rescind it the appeal was approved. That never happens. It's pretty wild that it went out even when it's obvious. Leagues usually protect their officials at RSL.
Speaker 1: Appealing the red card, and it was approved.
Speaker 2: As John Kimball talked about on the show yesterday, a little bit of breaking news courtesy of Johnny So a time to do, Busy, Busy Wednesday Show. You are officially halfway through that work week. You are one day closer to the weekend. The weekend that looks like it will have some decent weather. Hopefully you can get outside and do a little hiking, little biking, play a little golf or whatever you're into. Some of the ski resorts still open if you want to do that. We're gonna have some cool temperatures into early next week. April, of course, brings a bunch of different weather variations, So a ton to do. Our first guest right out of the gates, our buddy from Sumer Sports, Sam Bruckhouse, stops but I will do a comprehensive NFL Draft preview with Sam our first guest. The Stanley Cup playoffs continue to be wildly entertaining. Utah Hockey Club has entered their off season phase. Neil Smith will stop by our weekly guest to talk pro hockey Christopher Camaraddie c K, Chris Camaradni from the Athletical role by we'll do a bunch of college football Chris today.
Speaker 1: Will RSL two, but we'll do some mutes and some.
Speaker 2: Cougars talk, some transfer portal and the natives are restless. I know you guys are arguing with each other online. My gentle advice to you would be sign off, take a walk and take a few deep breaths, maybe hydrate, take a nap, maybe a little non sleep deepressed.
Speaker 1: No big deal.
Speaker 2: So we'll bring in Ck today and then Patrick Manning. I haven't decided how I'm going to approach this interview today. Patrick Manning, who's one of the managing partners from the Black Desert Resorts, we'll stop by to do a little golf.
Speaker 1: They've got the OPGA coming up.
Speaker 2: Then of course the PGA coming up as well, And I haven't decided how heavily I'll lean into the fact that I can't get a tea time at Black Desert. Even when I inquired in February about a tea time for May the t she.
Speaker 1: Was already booked.
Speaker 2: So I haven't decided if I'm going to be nice to Patrick Manning today, I'm not gonna lie. That's a host being honest and vulnerable. Hopefully you guys see me and hear me on a Wednesday. That's all I want to be seen and heard order, that's all I want. Do you see me? Do you hear me?
Speaker 3: I hear you?
Speaker 1: Okay. I just want to be my authentic self on the radio.
Speaker 4: I just you know, I think if you want a tea time, the best approach would be to really butter them up, to really lean into playcating the managing partner of Black Desert.
Speaker 2: Resort, I called in February for a tea time. In May, what is this royal troon? Give me a break. It's the first year. No, it's not second year. Third it is the third year, full operations. Yeah, okay, and there's heavy demand as you demand. How's your Wednesday, pal? It's good, it's good.
Speaker 4: Halfway through the work week, we're we're.
Speaker 3: Over humpedday.
Speaker 4: But the NBA playoffs, Man, Once the NBA playoffs get going, Spence, obviously, the March madness college basketball gets gets me there. But once the NBA get playoffs get going, it it kind of reignites my hoops, love my hoops fandom. It's always there, but sometimes it goes dormant until we get some some postseason basketball. So I've been I've been a kidney candy store last few nights.
Speaker 2: It's been a lot of fun. Lebron looked awesome last night. I mean, Luke is the best player on that team now. But it's a great thing if you're a Laker fan. The Lebron can just do what he does and then not have all the pressure.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about it on the show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be a little NFL Draft heavy and some other stuff as well, so we'll.
Speaker 1: Start off with a little NBA.
Speaker 2: Our first guest will be Sam Bruckhouse's talk some NFL draft.
Speaker 1: But before we get to Sam.
Speaker 2: On a Wednesday afternoon, courtesy of our good friends and you're good friends who at Prize Picks, it is time now for your opening tip.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Drive with Spence check its on Utah's number one sports talk Now into the studios of ESPN seven hundred to set the scene for the show. The opening tip of the Drive is brought to you by Prize Picks. Use the code ESPN seven hundred and run your game with Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Cash in on the basketball playoffs. With Prize Picks, don't miss your last chance. You have your favorite players from the court to your Prize Picks lineup. Whether it's points, rebounds, assists, you can take your pick of more or less for your shot to win up to one thousand times your cash Today, join your playoff five takes and the tickets to Basketball's Championship Series starting with the play in. Every lineup you make on Prize Picks will enter you into the Take two ticket sweepstakes, which could get you in a plus one a VIP trip to the ship.
Speaker 1: So here's what you do.
Speaker 2: You download that Prize Picks app today, You use the prom ESPN seven hundred to check out, and they're gonna hook you up with fifty dollars when you place that first five dollar bet. You do not even have to win the five dollar bet to get to fifty.
Speaker 1: It is on the house tonight.
Speaker 2: I am going Stephan Curry for more than twenty five point five points. I'm going Pallo ban Caerol for less than twenty six point five points. I'm going Jimmy Butler for more than twenty four point five points. And I'm going. Let's see, we'll go Jalen Green for more than eighteen point five points.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Entertainment purposes, only do what you gotta do, But go get the free fifty dollars from our friends at Prize Picks and then see if you enjoy it. It's a fun way to get a little action in on the games, all right. So we're gonna do some NFL draft right out of the gates with Sam Bruckhause, the latest buzz on Jackson Dart, the latest buzz on shud Or Sanders.
Speaker 1: Will Cleveland move off of two?
Speaker 2: There are reports that Cleveland actually kind of wants to draft Travis Hunter too and try to trade back you in the first round to take shad Or Sanders. Ben so Lack hopped on the show yesterday to discuss that the Giants at three are kind of a question mark. According to Adam Schefter, they are fielding calls. We'll bring in Sam Bruckhouse to see if he anticipates a busy draft day coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But the NFL Draft will be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: But last night, little playoff basketball right off the top here, the La Lakers came out with a much more physical, assertive mindset in the first quarter and essentially finished off the Minnesota Timberwolves after about one and a half quarters. The Tea Wolves made a couple of runs, but nothing really ever that serious because the Lakers schematically changed up their approach. Give JJ, Give jj Read a lot of credit. This is JJ's first playoff series as an NBA head coach.
Speaker 1: He's realized kind of like.
Speaker 2: And we'll get into this a little bit with Golden State playing Houston tonight, and you know, Jazz fans, you're gonna crack a little smile here.
Speaker 1: The La Lakers.
Speaker 2: Are doing everything they can to put Rudy Gobert in compromising situations or put him on the bench altogether. I think JJ red has realized he can't play Jackson Hayes. Jackson Hayes as their starting center. He played nine minutes last night. He had a couple of just atrocious, dumb mistakes. He had five thousand, nine minutes, So the majority of the minutes went to Dorian Finney Smith and gave Vincent off the bench, and they kind of went with Lebron and Ruey Ruey Hatchamuras their two bigs, and you know, Lebron is no longer the best player in the league. He's no longer the best player on that team. But watching Lebron at this phase of his career continue to be cerebral about his approach and allocate energy when he needs to in the right moments is pretty remarkable. I'm not a Brady guy, you guys know that, I'm a Jets fan, But watching Brady into his early and mid forties continue to just outthink opponents, watching Lebron do this is pretty similar as he continues to advance an age. You know, I think Lebron will probably play for one more year. I think we have one more year of Lebron next year, But the way he looks right now, if he wanted to play for another two or three, probably could now. I think a lot of people around the league thought Lebron would play until the Lakers drafted Bronni and Lebron making sure his son is set up, and then would exit stage left. But twenty one points, eleven rebounds, seven assists, some great defensive possessions in the fourth quarter from Lebron, But really last night was the case in point example as to why the Lakers and I'm laughing as I say this, because of course the Lakers wanted to trade for Luca as Nico Harrison continues to be this punching bag clown in pro basketball for moving on from this twenty five year old generational.
Speaker 1: Player and global superstar.
Speaker 2: Who dominated every facet of the game last night, right from jump. And that's what was great if you're a Laker fan last night. That's what they did not do in Game one. In Game one, Minnesota brought the physicality to Los Angeles, and they did not respond.
Speaker 1: Lebron didn't respond. Lebron didn't have a good Game one.
Speaker 2: Now, in Game one, Luca had a great scoring night, but he only had one assist because what Minnesota did is they allowed Luca to kind of get his as far as scoring the basketball, but they took away his ability to facilitate. They were kind of hedging on other players and they just said, okay, Luca, you go get yours, but we're going to make sure everybody else is kind of taken care of. So Austin Reeves had a really good second half, and like I said, JJ rehddick, give him some credit for making some adjustments. Golden State is going to have to play small to beat Houston. We'll get into that a little bit later on. And I think JJ Reddick has realized that the best way to neutralize Minnesota is to make sure that Rudy Gobert is either on the bench or when he's in the game. They are hunting him explicitly, specifically the Luca Gobert matchup. So on offense, what the Lakers would do is they would bring up you know, say Rudy was guarding Ruy Hatchamura or Jackson Hayes in his nine minutes, whoever Rudy was guarding, would set the primary screen on Luca's defender, and then they would force the switch. So then it was Rudy trying to guard Luca at isolation. And look, there are moments where Rudy handles that well. And if you're a Jazz fan, you remember all the we would have with national guys who had come on the show and be like, yeah, Quinn's gotta sit Rudy. He can't play like he's bad in isolation. And the reason why that debate was flawed here is that the Jazz just did not have a good defensive team around Gobert.
Speaker 1: They had a lot of small guards.
Speaker 2: Their starting backcourt was Donovan Mitchell at sixty three and Mike Conley at six feet, and then their best wing defender was Royce O'Neil, who, if we're honest, was just acceptable as a wing defender.
Speaker 1: But all the other wing defenders were so horrible.
Speaker 2: We talked about Royce O'Neil like he was Bruce Bowen from nineteen ninety nine, and he just wasn't. So here, Rudy had to play big minutes no matter what the other team did because the Jazz didn't have a good enough defensive team around him. Chris Finch can afford to sit Gobert against the Lakers because he has a really good backup in nas Reed, and quite frankly, I think Chris Finch probably could have should have Sacobar longer.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: Nas Reed only played twenty one minutes after playing I think thirty seven. Game one, three of eight from the floor, nine points. I think he knocked down five threees. Game one, Minnesota didn't shoot well, is a really weird ant game. He didn't really get involved until the second half and is only twenty three. You know, he needs to evolve to this place if he's gonna be like the next generation great American superstar. He's got to play with more killer instinct when a game like that is on the line, because, yes, you got your split, and as they say, if you're the road team, you got two games to get one. So if you're Minnesota, you're going back to Target and you're pretty satisfied. But if Minnesota beat LA last night, history tells us like they're basically cooked. And I was pretty unimpressed with Minnesota's urgency. I didn't think they played near as hard as they did in game one. They played like a team to me that was satisfied with getting split and going home. So Target Center, you know, Game three, and now this series is a deadlocked to one game apiece. Real quick Pacers, bucks Man. I'm sure a lot of people out here aren't necessarily dialed in.
Speaker 1: Maybe Dame Lillard fans are.
Speaker 2: These two teams don't like each other, and it feels something personal between Tyrese Halliburton and Dame Lillard. So Dame comes back to play his first game I think since mid March, and he was only four or thirteen. He did have seven assists, fourteen points. Bobby Ports is really good off the bench. Giannis is just Giannis. But Indiana and their coach Rick Carlisle, I mean, that is a good team.
Speaker 1: It's well balanced.
Speaker 2: They've got a pit bull off the bench and Benedict Mather and they've got a lot of physical players that are not afraid to get up on you the perimeter. And we saw some pretty salty moments last night in this series. If you're not watching it, it's kind of intriguing because these two teams clearly do not like each other. I don't have anything to say about Okay, see grizz That series is going to be over in four, and honestly, I wish he was over in three. I'll just continue to say I'm so wildly impressed with the roster that Sam Presty has built and the job that Mark Dagnold has done. They go ten deep in the playoffs, and all ten of these players can play, and even the players in aren't getting minutes can all play. Dylan Jones, local kid, Kenrick Williams, aj Mitchell didn't get minutes last night, but they're all capable. Alex Crusoe, Aln Williams, Isaiah Joe, Aaron Wiggins, Case and Wallace like, all these dudes can play, and they play high level basketball. And if you're a Jazz fan, the one thing to look at here is that if you can build a jugger and hut juggernout like this in Oklahoma City, any narrative about not being able to do that in Salt Lake needs to be thrown out the window. We take a lot of heat as far as where we live, in the market where our teams exist. If you've ever been to Oklahoma City, you know that Salt Lake is probably superior in every single way. So if Sam Presty can do this at Okasee, they can get it done over with the Jazz in salt Lake.
Speaker 1: All Right, we will catch a break.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to this because I do want to talk a little Golden State Houston tonight. There's some parallels to draw between what the Lakers have to do and what I think Golden State has to do as well what Steve Kurr digging game wants.
Speaker 1: So we'll get back to some NBA in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But it is the day before the NFL Draft, Christmas Eve for football fans. Our next guest is a good front of the show from Sumer Sports. It's always fun to welcome in Sam Bruckhouse onto the program on a Wednesday afternoon. Sam, Happy Wednesday, Man, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good. We're what less than a round twenty four hours until the NFL Draft, and people still have no idea what's going to happen. So I'm super excited to be on the Summer Sports Show tomorrow on YouTube on the Summer Sports platforms, and super excited to talk about the draft right now.
Speaker 2: For sure, Man, I appreciate the time. But before we get into the draft, my producer informs me, as you know, we are the home the University of Utah. We are broadcasting well about a mile mile and a half away from Resco Stadium. We had our spring game on Saturday, and so you fans kind of got their first look at Devin Dampier. I wonder what you make of the new quarterback here in Salt Lake City? What should you fans know?
Speaker 6: Look, so, when we were grinding through the transport portal, Devin Dampier was someone who really popped up as a guy who may have an ability to make a major impact at the P five level. And I'm glad he went to Utah because this guy has a superpower, and rarely in college do we see guys at the G five level have a absolute superpower that is better than everyone else, and that will almost surely translate to the next level. Using frame by frame analysis, which means we're looking at every single millisecond of a play, we noticed that Devin Dampier is one of the best sack avoids in the NCAA, and I would expect.
Speaker 7: Him to continue to be so at Utah.
Speaker 6: What does that mean? Think about the Denver Broncos for example. This year, a lot of people had a lot of questions about bo Nix, but Sean Payton kept saying over and over again that this was a guy who avoided negative plays, and a lot of people who had watched him at Auburn, for example, didn't know what he was talking about. He came in and he was absolutely elite at avoiding sacks and that allowed that offense to get the offensive line going, the screen game going, Guys like Devon Veley going at the wide receiver position. If Devin Dampier is able to translate that one hundredth percentile sack avoidance, and you can even go look at the number of sacks that he had, they were so minimal, especially for a small player. I think that there's really going to be a special sauce to the Utah offense this year, which I was really excited to come on here and talk about.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one follow up question, because his numbers last year at New Mexico on the ground were elite from the quarterback position, but he had twelve touchdown passes and twelve picks through the air, And I don't know, Sam, if he's going to be able to duplicate his ground attack as he translates to the Big twelve, but through the air with his arm twelve touchdowns, twelve picks in a lesser division, if I could be kind and not being disrespectful, does that concern you about what he'll be able to do against Big twelve competition week in and week out.
Speaker 6: So it's an excellent point, and I think further analysis is needed, especially once he gets in a youth jersey, about what those interceptions mean. And given he was a guy, as you mentioned, in the team that was not superpowered and overchieved a little bit, I wonder how much that comes from the surrounding cast.
Speaker 7: For example, he was doing a lot.
Speaker 6: Of running around behind a poor offensive line, trying to avoid sacks and just trying to make plays. My expectation is as he adds a little bit more structure, his accuracy will increase, his decision making will increase, and it'll keep playing off the back of those eliminating negative plays on a play by play basis through his sacavoidance, and then the negative plays through the air, which you know typically are a little bit more random and frankly, especially if they're on third or fourth down when you're just trying to make a play, don't kill you as much as a first down sack would. We're going to see more consistency in his play. That's something very key to look at in weeks one and two, and I'll report back to y'all on what we end up seeing about his accuracy and decision making scores. But those definitely have to be improved, but I think they will on a more talented youth team.
Speaker 1: Love it, Sam, good stuff. We'll move over the draft. Of course.
Speaker 2: It's an exciting time for pro football fans, and we are the home of the NFL Draft here on Salt Lake. Have it on our radio station and We'll start with what is probably an easy question, but because I've been doing this for a long time, I know that sometimes smoke screens are sent out. Does it feel like it's just a consensus that Tennessee is going cam Ward? Is there any any sort of injury at the top.
Speaker 6: It feels like it's lock tight. You look at the betting markets, you look at the prediction markets. Feels like that's the way that they will go. The only way that I think this could get shaken up a little bit is if someone just absolutely gives them a godfather offer. For one, here's a quick little note. A lot of people have said that cam Ward would have gone quarterback four, five six last year. That indicates to me that he has what scouts call a green grade on him. So he's not a blue chip player. And if that's the expectation as well, you look at the data in some of the consensus mock draft, typically Shador Sanders is more in that ten to twenty spots below him. That would also indicate that Shador Sanders or Jackson Dart or some of these guys may also have a green grade. If that is true, the Titans have a green grade on them and maybe have a green grade on somebody else. It would indicate that if someone gave them a god father offer for one, you probably would take that and expect that you get another quarterback down the line. I think that's extremely low probability for the Titans, because you know they can just go ahead and take them Before a team like the Browns or the Giants, or the Jaguars or even the Raiders for example, that may mean a ton, especially given some of those teams need quarterbacks. So I think the Titans are selecting cam Ward. I think that calculus about trading back applies a lot more to the Browns the Giants than the other teams.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll ask a follow up if they go cam Ward, Sam, do you agree with the selection?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's the right move?
Speaker 6: I think it is. I think that really all three of the teams at the top should be considering a quarterback selection. The positional value of the quarterback is just so much more more than every position that it kind of indicates that if you have a premium pick, you should either select a quarterback or try to drum up as much demand in the trade market for a team that does need a quarterback so that they can go up and get him and you can get some value elsewhere. That's the old school, nihilistic data scientist view on it. Obviously, there's more in play. There's politics, there's divisional rivalries, there's the reality of who you have on your roster, and so there's all kinds of other dynamics that go into it.
Speaker 8: But that's what I view.
Speaker 6: I think it's probably the correct pick.
Speaker 2: Andrew Berry, Brown's general manager, came out and said they view Travis Santra primarily as a wide receiver, but also had some other things to say that led a lot of people to draw a straight line between his comments and yes, that's who they're taking. And as you reference a bunch of reports that they're also feeling calls at two. But I guess if we're in a space where it feels like it consensus that one that cam is off the board, it starts at two, what do you think the Browns do?
Speaker 6: So as it stands now, I think they go with Travis Hunter. I think that Travis Hunter is certified the only can't miss prospect in this draft. When you look at those same frame by frame, millisecond by millisecond AI grades that we at Summer Sports called Summer scores. He's elite both in coverage and receiving. Frankly, you're never going to probably see that ever.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 6: I think Travis Hunter is the only can't miss prospect, and I think they're fine if they go ahead and select them. But here's a note. As I said, the positional value at those positions is not the same as the quarterback position by definition. I don't even think they're actually betting on their evaluation of a guy like Shador Sanders or like Jackson Dart. I think they are solely betting on their availability models. There's only a couple of teams that really need quarterbacks. It seems like the Giants aren't interested. It seems like the Saints are not interested. And if their models are showing that, perhaps they can wait until they're pick at thirty three to get a quarterback. I think they may go ahead roll the dice, pick Travis Hunter, positional value to the wind, and start playing a little game of roulette quarterback Roulette, and hope that Shador Sanders or whatever quarterback they like. Very analytical organization, the Browns are, I believe they're doing a lot of research into consensus big boards and into their scouting grades as well. It'd be difficult for me to believe, just given what is public, that they have anyone else other than Shador Sanders at two. So I think they're really rolling the dice and seeing if they can get a quarterback down the line in the late first, trading back in a late first, or in the second round.
Speaker 2: Every time Travis is asked about his NFL future, he's very specific about his desire to play on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: How do you think the Browns use him? What do you think that looks like?
Speaker 6: Look, I think you got to do it, and I think in the data sphere you just want more information. And when you have a player who can play both sides of the ball, let the snaps tell you where he's best at. I think you got to play him on both sides while he's still young, because if you have someone who can contribute on both sides, that's literally of one of one, maybe one of the best players of all time. By year three, perhaps he might be able to go just three years, and if he does that, he may be a Hall of Famer right there. If not, you can simply just stop playing him on defense or stop playing on him on offense, and he can still be an elite player on either side of the ball. I am of the mind personally that you just get all the information you can as quick as possible and let him do both, all right?
Speaker 2: Going to number three now, as you referenced earlier, a lot of conversation about the Giants also fielding calls. And it's interesting because the Giants are one of those teams and Sam, as I've told you before, I'm a lifelong, suffering fan of the New York Jets, and we'll get there. But when you have as many holes as the Giants have, I mean, maybe you just go out dual Carter. Maybe you don't think about it. There's some noise about Shador. They were out this way. The Giants were out in Colorado watching should or work out last week. But I would completely understand if they wanted to trade down and then get a devy more pitch to try to fill a bunch of holes.
Speaker 1: But what do you think the New York Giants do at number three?
Speaker 6: So first I think they evaluate their team. Abdul Carter will be the best player on the board, at least as the consensus is concerned.
Speaker 7: Here's an interesting bit.
Speaker 6: About the Giants. So they had one of the better fronts in the league last year, excellent sacrate, Brian Burns played well when he was healthy, Dexter Lawrence played well, o'kare Ka played pretty well at the linebacker position, and they had Kevan Thibodeau who played all right. You know, he's one of the better defensive end two's in the league. And so I think that's where the analysis starts coming in. If you look at the expected value for an edge, Historically, for defensive ends, it's really about around Kavan Thibodeau, So you probably have in terms of expected value. Again, maybe they know a little bit more than me, but I'm just looking at the historicals. You have two players that you can project over the next two or three years to be pretty similar in terms of production. One will be much cheaper than the other, but there's a much more uncertainty when it comes to drafting a player. So here's the gamble that they're going to make. If they take Abdol Carter. They're basically saying we would rather this year have three good edg rushers and the next year let Kavan Thibodeau walk and have a cheaper version, again on average than Kevan Thibodeau, if they decide to go elsewhere trade back. They're basically saying, we know what Kevan Thibodeau is, there's not a ton of uncertainty there, and we would rather recoup value and we don't really know if we're ready to compete. Maybe we don't know if Abdol Carter will make us a winning team. Either one, and I think both of those options are fairly clear. I think you probably lean to the more conservative way to do it if I'm the Giants, which would be selecting Carter as one of the best players in the draft. But I, as an analyst, would certainly, you know, fight hard for trading back and trying to get more value because I just don't know how much Abdol Carter is going to help this team become a playoff team.
Speaker 2: So a little bit of a non sequorer here, but I wanted to ask you because we are high speed ahead. We're about, let's see, twenty six hours and fifteen minutes away from the draft, and zero trades have been made involving first round picks, which isn't isn't all that normal. Typically there at least been, you know, a dealer or two by now. Are you anticipating a busy night concerning the trade market?
Speaker 1: You think we're going to see a lot of movement. Jerry Jones came out yesterday.
Speaker 2: They've got number twelve and they've got ten picks, and he's I don't know, maybe he's just Jerry being Jerry, but he said, they're trying to make a bunch of deals.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're going to see a lot of trades go down tomorrow?
Speaker 6: So I think there's two items that are really good, or really three. I guess there's three items that are probably going to control this. Number one, what happens with the quarterbacks. If if the Browns don't select a quarterback and the Giant don't select a quarterback, I think the heat is going to be on teams that either want to trade back in like the Giants or the Browns, or teams like the Steelers who sit at twenty one and may not be able to wait to get a quarterback. So I think that's option one that could be probably one, maybe two in the back half of the first round. If people start getting hot on a guy like Jackson Dark. That could potentially be two trades, and on average draft day there's typically about three to five trades, so I'm trying to fill this up in my head. The second item Ashjin genty. People have him as one of the best running back prospects in years. I've been hearing a lot of noise about James Gladstone and the Jaguars selecting him at five. I think that may be smoke, and I think if we get around five, a team who really wants to go get a running back, thinks they have the offensive line to support it and think they can have a Saquon Barkley or Jamier Gibbs like player may want to go ahead and trade up to five before a team like the Raiders in particular could use them. A team like the Bears certainly seem like they could use them. I think that's probably a third trade. And then finally, in the middle of the rounds, I think a lot of people are going to get excited about edge rushers and tackles. Not a lot of guys who are certified edge rushers and tackles will be selected in rounds two and three. I think as you get to the middle to the end, you'll start seeing some of the teams that performed really well, like the Commanders, the Eagles, the Bills trade out of their spots to allow teams that need tackles or need edge rushers back into the first round, and then they'll snag their guys there. So that's kind of my expectation to the three to five trades that could happen, starting at about five with Ashton gent getting into the back half of the top ten with the quarterbacks, and then finally throughout the middle talking about jumping back in to kind of reach on a quarterback or select an edge or offensive tackle. I think that's the way it's going to break down.
Speaker 2: Jackson Dhard played his high school football about eighteen nineteen miles as the crow flies from where we're you know, it's been fun to watch him kind of evol throughout his career after starting at SC and then transferre to a miss good kid, good family, certainly a guy that is getting a lot of attention depending on who you asked or you talked to, Nobody really knows where he'll go. But what's the buzz on Jackson Dart and what's a good fit for him?
Speaker 6: Sam here's the summary. If he hits his first read, he's going to be immensely productive after that, which you can go check this on Summer sports dot com. We have it color coded to show you where he ranks among players in the NCUBA last year after that first read. He loves to scramble. One of the highest scramble rates in the NCUBA last year. And also he was very productive, one of the highest EPA expected points added per rush guys last year. The problem is you can do that in college. Really difficult to do that at the next level. When you got Miles Garrett, when you got some of these Eagles rushers, Durrance Armstrong, Michael Parsons, all these excellent edge dreshers pearing after you at four or five speed, you don't really see that game the game in college. Really difficult to rely on the scrambling that much. Now, we saw Jaden Daniels do that pretty well last year, even though his profile changed a little bit as he settled into that offense. But that's a real real question mark for Jackson dark. I think settling in with an offensive coordinator who puts him in a place to succeed, particularly on those first and second reads, which then further allows him to develop down the line. Is something that's good, and frankly, I don't know if it's the best fit. I'm a Saints fan. I think Shedor Sanders is probably a better prospect in terms of accuracy this year. But it makes sense for a guy like Kellen Moore, who had Jalen Hurts last year with a very similar background, a guy who wanted to hit his first read, especially given that was aj Brown and Devonte Smith, and then he was going to use his legs to make plays and that took him all the way to the Super Bowl. Even though they're passing offense did struggle coached by Kellen Moore. It appears that the Saints are interested in Jackson Dart. I could see that being a pairing that makes sense, even though it might break my little Saints van heart fair enough.
Speaker 2: And since you brought up Shadoor, there's a lot of buzz around Shador of course, because of well, he's really good and also he's Shador Sanders. He's De'on's kid, and obviously we are a Pac twelve former Pac twelve Market now Big twelve Market in Colorado is a school that we're all familiar with, and we've seen Shador and Travis up close. So you reference the Saints, there's a lot of noise Saints at nine if he doesn't go off the board of nine to the Saints. Are we in danger of watching this kid fall?
Speaker 6: I think we are. I'm putting together my mock draft tonight for tomorrow. I think I'm going to have him dropping a little bit again. I don't think this is necessarily a showing of his evaluation in our data. He's one of the most accurate quarterbacks in recent memory all across the and we've confirmed that on my Draft INNSM podcast with a couple of guys who chart every single throw eye test scouts. They understand that he's immensely accurate as well. Downside is sacks and the opposite of Devin Dampier when we talked at at the top. Those down to down sacks can really kill drives. As a result, I think the drop, frankly is probably occurring more due to the huffing and hawing about the Horts and Pony Show coming to town and Sanders talking real out and all this stuff. I don't like all that. I don't think it shows anything about his evaluation. I get upset that he's probably dropping for that reason. Do I understand it because of the politics.
Speaker 7: Maybe so, but it is what it is.
Speaker 6: I think the Steelers at twenty one are probably the red zones for him, but I could see us being shocked of him maybe being selected third or someone trying to jump up if people start getting a little antsy about getting a quarterback in the first round.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sam, With the remaining a few minutes we have, I'm gonna ask you about team teams specifically. We are a market without an NFL team, but we are a market with a lot of NFL fans, and it depends on you know, there are pockets of fans of the Broncos because of the proximity.
Speaker 1: But I want to ask you about the Niners.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of Niners fans here and that's really because of Steve Young, who played his college ball at Brigham Young and a lot of people continue to cheer for san Fran here in the market.
Speaker 1: And it's a big draft for them.
Speaker 2: They've got to think, what like eleven picks, and they've got number eleven in the first round. So how do you think san Fran approaches this draft process and what are the holes they need to plug.
Speaker 6: So going into this, I thought a hidden need of theirs might actually be the quarterback position. Brock Perty has said that he wants to be the highest paid guy, or at least very close to it, and we've seen them move on from Jimmy Garoppolo in the past. I thought maybe that was a hidden need for them. It seems as if they're working that deal out. No big news has come out, but it seems like he's going to go to OTAs. So I think in the face of that, in the face of him getting a deal, well, you probably want to rebuild that offensive line. They let Aaron Banks go last year. I think they want to have Christian McCaffrey in a spot to succeed as he begins to age, and perhaps invest in a good offensive lineman Kelvin Banks. I think if he's available, makes a lot of sense there. There's going to be a ton more offensive lineman the first, second, and third rounds that.
Speaker 9: Perhaps they could go grab.
Speaker 6: But also on the flip side, I think adding a second edge rusher could be a good use of resources.
Speaker 8: They've lost a lot.
Speaker 6: Frankly, they've cut a lot from that team, a lot of I guess you could say fat as they viewed it. They let go in free agency, so there's a bunch of different spots that can go. But I expect offensive line to be the highest probability, even though there's a lot of other places that could be addressed.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the Broncos, and for the first time in a while, Bronco fans have a reason to be optimistic after the rookie season with bo Nicks. They get all of their offensive lineman back, including former Yuke Arett Bowles, Courtland Sutton, Marvin Mims who emerged as a wide receiver to come back as well. Feels like running back might be something they look at. They've got seven picks, including twenty in the first round. Not twenty picks in the first round, that would be ridiculous. They have number twenty.
Speaker 1: But what do you think? What do you think Denver does throughout this draft process.
Speaker 6: I think the target is running back, and I think the target is a pass catching running back. Here's the question, though, me as an analyst, would recommend that they go with a premium position in the first round. If you draft a guy in the first round, who's a running back, you better expect that he's going to be a top ten, top five player. That's a lot to ask given the historicals on the draft. However, looking at the specific running backs, this is believed to be an excellent running back class. A lot of people think it's between Omaron Hampton and Trey Henderson. I think Omarion Hampton is probably the better runner. I have questions about his pass protection ability and his receiving ability. Trayveon Henderson maybe less of a runner, carried less of a workload last year sharing the field with Quinn Shawn Junkins at Ohio State, but has a better pass blocking pedigree and a better pass catching pedigree. I think it's probably going to be between those guys. I'm leaning Trevon Henderson right now.
Speaker 2: Kansas City Chiefs their head coach Andy Reid byu alum and you know, obviously this is a team that doesn't necessarily have the same amount of worries that some others do. They're still going to be in the mix as they are every year with fifteen hunderd center. They have eight picks, they have number thirty one in the first round. What do you think Kansas City needs to come away with during this draft process.
Speaker 6: I think they got to address the left side of that line. Joe Tooney is now a Chicago Bear, a lot of questions at the left tackle position. They drafted Kingsley suing Matia last year to try to be that guy. Seems like it didn't work out. Perhaps he'll start at left guard this year. We're able to get a guy from the forty nine ers, but it seems like they're going into this year with two backups last year at the left guard and left tackle position. Luckily, they're in a spot where they should be able to snag a guy that could be a tackle, particularly if there's some fallers. But like I mentioned, expect trades up four tackles. I think they may be in that zone. They did it last year to try to grab Xavier Worthy. I wouldn't be shocked if they trade up to grab a guy like Simmons out Ohio State, the tackle, Josh Connerley, the tackle out of Oregon, or maybe even a guy like Gray's Abel, a swing guy who played tackle in North Dakota State but will probably project to be a guard at the next level. I'd expect that to be the thought process, perhaps trading up to try to get a certified tackle at the next level.
Speaker 2: All right, before I set you loose, This didn't used to be the case. But proximity wise, the closest pro football team of Salt Lake City now resides in Las Vegas with the Raiders and Pete Carroll their new head coach. I feel like every time I read a Raiders draft primer, it's all about Ashton Genty. But of course they may need to trade up if they're going to grab them. But they do have six and they've got I think nine total picks. What are the Raiders need to come away with from this draft?
Speaker 6: Pro As I mentioned, I think gent anywhere, Really, any running back in the first round could be a reach. I think if you're going to reach, it would be Genty.
Speaker 7: I question their defensive backfield.
Speaker 6: I think Will Johnson could be the answer, even though he's beginning to have injury rumors as of late. And I think really they could address a whole suite of things. Wide receiver could be an example. Maybe pet McMillan falls to them. Five and six. Jaguars and Raiders is a big question mark for me right now. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm trying to evaluate all the data, but it seems like Pet McMillan, Ashton Gent or perhaps you know a cornerback like Will Johnson, is the direction that they should go right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Sam, where can people go? Get all your work? And obviously you'll be busy over the next four or five days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, check us out at suomer Sports on Twitter or at soomer Sports on YouTube. We will be having a live draft show. Pull us up if you want to have data insights from me GM A guy who has in the seat, Thomas de menshro Off, our president, will also be on in studio. He will be breaking down what it actually feels like the pressure. I think we're probably the only place that you can get that. We'll also be having Sean say Ed who comes on this station quite a bit, breaking down the schemes, and Lindsey Rhoades will be driving the bus for us. It's going to be an excellent show. I ask you to tune in tomorrow during the draft second screen with us.
Speaker 1: Good stuff Sam and joy it Okay, we'll chat too.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Sam Bruckhauszoomer Sports stops spot today courtesy of IFA Country Stores, and he drive to the basket begins with the first step on the court.
Speaker 1: That's the ultimate power move. IFA Step one.
Speaker 2: Crabgrass Preventor and their lawn Food is the first choice to give your yard the healthy green look you admire.
Speaker 1: The neighbors will be green with envy.
Speaker 2: You can shop VIFA online at IFA dot co op or stop by one of their neighborhood stores.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: All right, the Stanley Cup playoffs roll along. We're going to bring a Neil Smith coming up during the three o'clock hour. Chris Comrodnie Patrick manning a busy, busy show. But before we catch a break, we welcome in Jeff Fox from Pure Life Medic on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Jeff, how are you, sir?
Speaker 10: Doing great?
Speaker 9: How are you well?
Speaker 1: I appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: So Pure Life Medical, you guys provide several services for people, but one of the big things you do is stem cell therapy for people that are not familiar.
Speaker 1: Jeff, how does stem cell therapy work?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, this is one of the great things. It's exciting to have specialists who really do well in this area. So stem cells are basically used for people with either you know, degenerative diseases or inflammation, people that are just really suffering. They've had an injury, or they have osteoporosis or something like that. And there's a lot of different people that can benefit from this, and we've got providers here in clinics who have got over a decade of experience doing these sorts of things, treating thousands of patients, and so we have a lot of great solutions for people.
Speaker 2: Jeff, how do you know if you need or if you could benefit from stem cell therapy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think there's a number of groups that'll be most interested in this. If you've had recent athletic injuries, this can speed up your healing. Do you have degenerate diseases like us to growth process, joint pain or opathy, things like that. We can help to some restoring in that area. People with chronic inflammatory diseases like long covid lins diseases can also benefit from this. There are some people that just want to extend their lives and be as healthy as they can.
Speaker 6: They're biohackers.
Speaker 11: They're trying to fight aging basically, and there's a lot of great applications in that area. And there's two lass people that might be interested in. This one is people that have had either degenerative disease or trauma to the brain. We can actually deliver to that area too. And the last one is athletics. It can actually make you look better in both facials and hairy growth and things like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Jeff, how can people go about getting the consultation. I'm sure we have a lot of listeners with a lot of questions.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we can give you all the answers, and so all we have to do is just give us a call at True Life Medical in Cottwood Heights or light in Utah, and just give us a call. We'll get just schedule fat free consultation, set aside some time, answer all your questions and see if it's right for you.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, if you're in need for red light, green light, blue light therapy, stem cell therapy, cryo, or maybe you're experiencing some hormono and balance, or you want to lose some weight before the summer, they do it all, and they do it well. Go to the Pure Life Medical in Cottonwood Heights or Lighton today, tell them I sent you, and you'll get a free consultation. Information is online at Purelifemedical dot com. Jeff, thanks for the time, my friend, Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: This is Neil Smith, former president and GM of the New York Rangers and the New York Islanders. Join me and my co host Vic Morn for our podcast NHL Wrap Around for all the important news and views around the NHL.
Speaker 2: I'll get to the NBA stuff later on with the playoffs rowing along do little Golf with Patrick Manning. But the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are going on right now. It's an off season for the Utah Hockey Club, so we'll bring in Neil Smith on a Wednesday afternoon to break it all down.
Speaker 1: Neil, Happy Wednesday, sir.
Speaker 9: How are you happy Wednesday? I'm doing well, Thanks Spence. How about you?
Speaker 1: I'm great. I'm great. So is this time of year put a little wind in your sales?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's really nothing quite like the Stanley Cup playoffs?
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh yeah. And the unexpected happens every year and in different places at different times, and the first round is always one of my favorites because you just don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: So let's just start big picture, your biggest surprise so far. Now we are still very very early, and a couple of series have only played one game. We've got two games in the books in some of the other series. But anything stand out as far as a surprise just kind of storyline throughout the early parts of the playoffs.
Speaker 9: Well, I think there's been two things. First of all, Minnesota beating Vegas last night in Vegas quite handily, and going from a team who didn't score much they are always the under to a team that once they got Caprisas and Eric's and Eck and Bowldie all playing together. Now all of a sudden they're puting the puck in the net and they eliminated Jack Ike, well the best player on Vegas, So they won that game handley. And then the other thing that surprised me was the shellacking that Florida gave Tampa in Tampa in game one of that series, which was last night. It was skill versus you know, determination, and determination won out with the Florida Panthers.
Speaker 2: Of all the series, excuse me, Of all the series, which one is I'll say, the most intriguing, the most entertaining, Which one has your attention more than any of them?
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 9: Either Ottawa and Toronto where Toronto is up two games to none, because that's the Battle of Ontario, and you know that's where I'm trump. Or the Florida matchup with the Panthers and the Tampa Bay Lightning because they're both Stanley Cup contenders, but one of them's got to go away after the first round. So I find those two things really exciting. Winnipeg and Winnipeg and the Blues. Winnipeg was able to take the two nothing lead, very hard to I'm back on that from that for Saint Louis, but they nevertheless put up a real good fight so far. But I'd say that the most intriguing to me. And then you, I should see, you've also got Edmonton in LA where LA had a four goal lead and got it erased by Edmonton, but then one in overtime in Game one, so that's also intriguing. And Spence, this is the fifth year.
Speaker 7: In a row.
Speaker 9: If you can believe that, the fifth year in a row that the first round has had the Edmonton LA matchup.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I didn't realize that it had been five years. So I knew it was back to back years. I read that earlier. I didn't realize it had been five years. Geez, let me, you know all of those series certainly correct answers, but the Stars, you know, Stars Avalanche series, of course, it's out in our neck of the woods. It's another another series where there's going to be a really good team that goes home. And first two games have been really good. It's had one game apiece. How do you see this one playing out?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm giving Colorado the edge because Colorado's gotten healthy at the right time and unfortunately for Dallas, they've gotten injured at the wrong time. So they lost their top goal scorer, Jason Robertson. They had already lost Heiskin and their best defenseman, Nko Heiskin, and so that doesn't look like those guys might make it back in time. And Colorado is really strong. And Gabriel Landscott, the captain of Colorado, whose last game was hoisting the Stanley Cup in twenty twenty two, has been going to play tonight according to his coach, So he hasn't played since that twenty twenty two Stanley Cup and he's return is.
Speaker 2: Tonight, three years away from the game. I mean, that's a pretty exciting storyline. I want to pan back a little bit look at this thing from more of a macro viewpoint, and you know, it's always fun to hear you educate us on all things NHL as it's new to Salt Lake City, and you know, in other sports there are other superlatives and cliches about what wins in the postseason. From a hockey standpoint, when you go about your business of trying to build a team, build a team that is built for the playoffs, what are some of the dynamics that lead to success? Just generally speaking, what leads to success in playoff hockey?
Speaker 9: I think that the pack mentality is one thing where you know you've got one guy after the next coming at the other team, and you're not based on skill, but you can play it any which way. You can play skill if you have to, but you can also play, you know, that very physical style because the playoffs do get extremely physical. When you see the same guys every other night for two weeks, it gets really intense and you've got to be strong enough to be able to stand up for that. Florida, who won the Cup last year, has gotten healthy right at the right time. Matthew Kuchuk came back last night, first game back two goals and an assist, and hasn't played for twenty something games, missed twenty something games since the Four Nations. He's been out since the Four Nations. Came back and got two goals and assists last night in their win over Tampa.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move let's move over to the games that are going on tonight. Let's get a little preview. I we got the Canadians and the Capitols game one, Alvechkin two goals assisted on the other Caps tally the oldest player in Stanley Cup playoff history to factor in all of his team goals with a minimum of three. So this is going to be a barnburner tonight. Washington leads one zero. What are you expecting to see between Montreal and Washington tonight.
Speaker 9: Well, I was really impressed with the way Montreal came back in that game. They sort of seemed to have stage fright in the first two periods, but then the third period they dominated. They pushed it into overtime and Ovechkin got the overtime goal. As you said, during the regular season, there was no comparison between Washington Montreal, but Montreal has got nothing to lose and I think tonight I would be surprised that Washington can take a two lead on them the way that Montreal played the other night. They're young, they're very aggressive and as I said, they've got nothing to lose. No one expected them to even make the playoffs this year.
Speaker 2: Who has You know, one of the things you always talk about, you know, in football, quarterback the most important position, but you know, when it comes to the most important position in team sports, I think most people would still sid on quarterback. But you do hear a lot of people talk about goalies, and hot goalkeepers at the right time can lead teams to Stanley Cups. We've seen it before. Who are the best goalies in the playoffs?
Speaker 9: Neil Well, but BROSKYI for Florida has to be number one since he did win the Cup last year and he's starting for them and they won their first game. Massilevski, who's won two Stanley Cups for Tampa, didn't look good last night, but I can tell you he'll turn that around and start playing well. You know, Toronto has got for the first year and a long time, has gotten superb goaltending out of Anthony Stolars who was with the Panthers as the backup last year, but now is the number one in Toronto. You've got to have a good goaltender to go anywhere in the playoffs because the intensity level is so high. You don't have to have a superstar like back in my day when you either had to have Mike Richt or Marty Brodure or Patrick Waugh. But you just have to have a good goalie. Aiden Hill in Vegas has won the Stanley Cup and he's not a household name. So if I was saying who is the best guys, it's Vassilevski and Bobroski for sure, you know. And then and then it goes down from there, not very far down, but it's those I think are the two top guys.
Speaker 2: You are your reference that you like Colorado because they are getting healthy at the right time. Series is deadlock to one. What do you think happens tonight?
Speaker 9: I think that I think that they're probably going to win tonight. I's and Lanscott if he comes back, that's going to give them a huge mental boost and the building will be buzzing. Dallas is just doesn't I don't think Dallas has enough. I just don't. I like their lineup when it's healthy, but it's not healthy right now, and with Jason Robertson out and mikohaskin, and I just think Colorado will be too much.
Speaker 2: You already referenced the comeback six' five Victory game, One kings became the fourth team In Stanley cup history to blow a four goal lead and then win in. Regulation what do you think happens tonight In?
Speaker 1: La i've been To.
Speaker 7: La Kings la are.
Speaker 9: Sorry edmonton's Got Evander keine coming. Back now that's not headline, news but that's certainly a different ingredient that you put into your. Lineup AND i Think edmonton will even the series up. Tonight it's hard for me to believe That connor, McDavid leon Dry side And evan Bouch shard And Zach hyman and all these other huge players they've got will go home down, two but it could. Happen The kings are a great home, team but you, know they almost put it the other. Night it was amazing to watch how The kings sort of fell apart there but were able to solidify the win at the.
Speaker 2: End since this was our only opportunity to catch up you this, week let's get some thoughts on the, games and we played Tomorrow Panther's. Lightning you already referenced you like this series an awful. Lot florida leads one. Zero this will be In. Tampa what do you think happens? TOMORROW i Guess i'll say afternoon between these two.
Speaker 9: Teams, yeah the, game the, game the first game In tampa was one. SIDED i think That tampa will make. ADJUSTMENTS i don't Think florida'll be able to blow them out like six to two like they did in the first. Game But tampa's got their hands full With. Florida whoever Plays florida is going to have their hands full because these guys are Just they play playoff hockey all year, long so when the playoffs, come they're used to. It that's the way they. Play so that'll be in a very intense.
Speaker 2: Matchup we'll move over now to another series that you like an awful. Lot based off of where you are, From we're all from, somewhere Maple Leaves. Senators that will be. Tomorrow that is five o'clock mount, TIME espn. Two toronto leads two. Zero canadawa'll get back into.
Speaker 9: IT i Think ottawa can get a. WIN i don't think. THAT i don't think they're going to win both games In. OTTAWA i think they're going to win one of, them which would put them down three to, one which would mean That toronto's going to win the series either in five or six or. Seven But ottawa is a, good feisty young. Team haven't been in the playoffs for many, years so this is their first. Exposure Brady Katuck matthew's Brother Matthew katuck THAT i talked about In. Florida brady, Plays he's the captain Of, ottawa had his first taste of playoff hockey in his career in this, series so they're all new to. It being down two oher, though To toronto is not a good place to.
Speaker 2: Be Golden Knight's Wild that will be tomorrow's seven o'clock that's ON tbs And Minnesota deadlocke to want a piece as they go back To mint or as they go To.
Speaker 1: Minnesota what do you think happens tomorrow.
Speaker 9: NIGHT i think it's going to be a toss. UP i really. DO i was really impressed With Minnesota. Vegas vegas ended the season way ahead Of, minnesota But minnesota's gotten. Healthy they really played well in that game last, night and nothing would surprise. Me they're back on home. Ice but you know, What Jack eichel's not going to go very long with no, points and he's got none to this, point so we'll. SEE i can't give you a winner on that. ONE i just want to see.
Speaker 2: It winnipeg was historic all year with their net and the best team out this way in The Western.
Speaker 1: Conference can The blues at least make this? INTERESTING i think the same AS i said For.
Speaker 9: Ottawa they're down two going. Home eighty six percent of the team that have a two dozing lead win the. SERIES i think that The jets will win this. SERIES i don't think The jets will win both games At Enterprise center In Saint. LOUIS i Think. St lewis will take one of. Them and about the same, Analysis spence THAT i gave you For ottawa And. TORONTO i Think winnipeg's clearly the better, team But ottawa is feisty and trying hard, to you, know to battle a.
Speaker 2: Giant of all the teams that did not make the, playoffs which team surprise you the?
Speaker 1: Most who's the best team not involved in the?
Speaker 7: Tournament you, know it's.
Speaker 9: INTERESTING i was talking about this today with somebody and in The, east the best TEAM i think of the teams that didn't make it are The Buffalo. Sabers but because they're so messed, up their talent can't come through and they missed the playoffs again for the fourteenth straight. Year but if you looked at their, TALENT i think they've got better talent than The Red wings or The Columbus Blue jackets and so. On so that's WHAT i think on that. Side on the other, side on the western side of The utah, Side calgary had a spectacular, Year vancouver had a spectacularly bad, year And utah made up some ground as we've talked. About BUT i think That calgary surprised, me and they've got a real good goaltender and they will be right in there in the. Mix you can mark this down if you want for next year's. Conversations calgary And utah will be fighting for a spot next, year fighting each other for a. Spot you know, What.
Speaker 2: I'm just, realizing AND i don't have a. Question i'm just going to say it into this microphone to get your. Reaction Austin, Bruins Chicago, Blackhawks Detroit Red, Wings New York, Rangers Pittsburgh, penguins your Old New York. Islanders there are a lot of you, know a lot of teams that were accustomed to seeing like banner teams for pro hockey that are not in The Stanley cup. Playoffs LIKE i, said out of, question that's kind of interesting. Though those are, big big. Brands and let me.
Speaker 9: Give you a fact that this is the first time in history that the FOUR us Based Original six, teams being The, Rangers, Chicago boston And, detroit have all been out of the. Playoffs all four of The american Based Original six are missing the playoffs for the first time. Ever and you're, Right pittsburgh's been out for a couple of years, now but they've certainly still Got crosby And malcolm and so, on and we're used to seeing. Them The New York, islanders of, course had their heyday long, ago But Boston bruins were only two years removed from from setting not just a franchise record of wins and, points a league record of wins and points just two years, ago and now the bottom's fallen out on.
Speaker 1: Them pretty wild to, consider all, Right.
Speaker 2: Neil but FOR i set you lose just a thought on The Utah Hockey, club and of Course i've already asked you about what they need to add and What Bill armstrong could. Do but we had some postseason media With Bill armstrong and Coach. Tourney they held exit interviews and now the players go on their. Ways just so for our fans around, here what is this time of year like for front offices that are not involved in The Stanley cup, playoffs namely The Utah Hockey.
Speaker 9: Club, WELL i Think Bill armstrong's meeting having scouting, meetings may go over to The World championships and look at that and look at the best players over. There definitely looking at high high end junior, talent college, talent people that are going to be in the Entry. Draft he's going to be going with his scouts to see. That so they're going to be preparing and they're gonna have lots of time to do. It they're going to be preparing for the entry. Draft they're going to and they got a lot of. Picks they're going to be preparing for free agency seeing who's. Available so they've they've got a lot of. Time that's what you do in the. Offseason you study what's out. There you already know what you need and what you think can be replaced because you've watched the two. Games but this is a time WHEN i can tell You Bill armstrong's not spending a lot of nights at home right.
Speaker 2: NOW a lot of new hockey fans out, Here, neil how can they go find your?
Speaker 1: Podcast, well go.
Speaker 9: Find it on any podcast platform if you can get On spotify Or apple Or amazon or any of, them or, YouTube nhl wrap, around and we're doing A Stanley cup. Date how do you like?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 9: Plan For stanley cupdate every day and so the little thing will come out telling everybody what happened the night before and where everything. Stands and we're having a lot of fun at. It AND i think a lot of people could learn things from the, podcast not just from me, certainly but from the guests that we have on the.
Speaker 2: Show, Great, timy you're my. Friend thank you for your time and have a great. Week enjoy.
Speaker 9: It, okay, yeah thank, You, spence you? Too all.
Speaker 2: Right Neil smith stops by today courtesy of our friends AT i have a country. Stores it's tom and now to start thinking about your. Law and then he drive to the basket begins with the first step and on the court that's the ultimate power. MOVE Ifa step One Crabgrass preventer plus their lawn food is the first choice to give your yard the healthy green look you.
Speaker 1: Admire the neighbors will be green with.
Speaker 2: Envy SHOP ifa online AT ifa dot co op or stop by one of their neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Stores, TODAY i feel Like i'm in.
Speaker 2: Like South Beach sean this set of scarface back in the nineteen. Eighties we're doing eighties one Hit wonders for the next hour Because Chris camraadi's live in.
Speaker 3: Studio all, right this was your. Choice take us, Through take us through the. Process well like this, Song i'm a one hit.
Speaker 1: Wonders well you are.
Speaker 2: Not don't say that It Vice city by. City this is what IT'S i mean like.
Speaker 3: That this is the first time it really came on to my radar okayack WHEN i used to play video games twenty years.
Speaker 2: Ago so Like Grand Theft, Auto Vice, city it does have a little scarface for Southbeach field early.
Speaker 3: Eighties, yeah seems like the vibes were probably high back. Then well you'll see WHAT i did. There go, Ahead the vibes were very. HIGH i didn't, MEAN i didn't mean to interrupt.
Speaker 1: You it may have been the.
Speaker 2: Cocaine but since we're in the space and this is what we do every time you.
Speaker 1: Join, us that's.
Speaker 2: Okay since we're not in the cocaine, space, okay but since we're in this.
Speaker 1: Space best gangster movie of all time.
Speaker 3: Good, fellas Good, fellas mostly watchable for me is Good? Fellas godfather? Too up?
Speaker 1: There do we have to Say departed For John?
Speaker 3: Paul we? Can casino's really up?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 3: Casino we have to say casino For John. Paul, yes because of his. Place he gets the chicken. Palm yes he, Does, yes he. Does i'm making The italian hand. Gesture.
Speaker 2: Now John paul used to before we do the, show he would get up at like eight and Watch. Departed because you work in the, afternoon at night you have. Games he would like watch three or four hour movies.
Speaker 1: Like in the.
Speaker 3: Morning it's getting into. Character that's a weird.
Speaker 2: Habit, Man, Untouchables Kevin, costner it's.
Speaker 3: Good Sean connery was. Good yell of the.
Speaker 1: Men, Now, jill what's what's the what's the scarface?
Speaker 3: Take it was, GOOD i, mean it was it was cool to like when you were a, teenager young. Adult it's still. GOOD i, Mean gino's, Awesome Michelle pfiffer's, awesome a ridiculous. Storyline but to, me it's got to be Good, fellas like The wonder shots For John, paul like the, soundtrack the The raliota, voiceovers all of it is just For John.
Speaker 2: Paul it is So Rolling stones list number, One Godfather part, two number, two Good, fellas number, Three The, godfather The, original number, Four once upon A time In, america Which i've never. Seen number, Five Public enemy shout, out classic gangster.
Speaker 1: Movie number.
Speaker 2: Six eastern, promises number Seven City you've got have you ever seen phenomenal move if you've never seen.
Speaker 1: That One City You've got is.
Speaker 3: Worth when it was a sundance like in two thousand and three or Four Rip. Sundance eastern, promises also very, Good Vigo mortensen playing the most, yoked, scary Tatted russian mob hit. Man and you would just do this to. People, okay that means like lights?
Speaker 2: OUT i DO i do know what that. Means i've never seen. It boys in the. Hood under are.
Speaker 3: We talking about mob movies or like organized?
Speaker 2: Crime good line of Delineation this is The Rolling stones lists of the best gangster movies departed is at?
Speaker 1: Fifteen CAN i offer Up snatch Brow.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah absolutely liked. Eggs, sure what's.
Speaker 1: What's up with those? Sausages five?
Speaker 2: Minutes it was five minutes ten minutes, Ago Guy ritchie, phenomenal, Obviously lockstock, too smoking, barrels guys movie before.
Speaker 1: Snatch.
Speaker 2: Uh you know WHAT i was gonna ask you to come up with a trivia question to give away. Golf do you want to just ask for somebody's favorite gangster? Movie, Yeah, porter what's your uh all of gangster gangster, movies mob movies whatever the definition definition, Is do you have a favorite.
Speaker 4: That's a that is a hard. ONE i MEAN i lean towards when you're talking like gangster. MOB i lean towards like The Wild west, movies that's organized.
Speaker 3: Crime it's, yeah down that.
Speaker 4: Lane BUT i might have to go with, UH i might have to go with The godfather as well as if we're going down the kind of the mob gangster.
Speaker 2: Route all, Right so eight seven seven three five three zero seven hundred text in your favorite mob, movie your favorite gangster, movie and the reward, Today, chris this is not intentional but it's. Ironic we are giving away a free round of golf To Wassatch Mountain State. Park which, course though it does not, say and that's a good. Question we need to get a. Clarifier both of them are.
Speaker 1: Awesome though a porter's saying the mountain.
Speaker 3: Course, okay Then i'm definitely. Okay people better get their answers in. Quick we all we love the mountain. Course we love the mountain. COURSE i, mean no. Offense the late course is. Great, yeah, yeah the mountain course is where it really. HAPPENS i got to get up.
Speaker 2: There that is one of the that Is god's country up there and the site of the original Trave, okay so let's be. Clear Wasast Hatch State park holds a soft spot to all of?
Speaker 7: Us?
Speaker 2: Correct so eight seven seven three five three zero seven hundred your favorite mob, movie you favorite gangster, movie and then maybe Make porter laugh because he's the one that's gonna. Choose shout out To, trav the Original. Trav how do you feel About sundance leaving our? Market by the, way since you brought it.
Speaker 3: Up bummer man for a state and a governing body that is obsessed with toting the the financial. SUCCESSES i believe the governor last week at The miller unveiling was bragging about the STATE'S, gdp.
Speaker 1: THE ebita correct for finance bros out, there the, fact the.
Speaker 3: Fact that we've lost Outdoor retailer And sundance in like a five year, span not, ideal not. Ideal AND i understand that there are growth in other, places you, know The Silicon. Slopes people are elated over, it and we're having more lego apartment buildings popping up left and. Right But, sundance, man you needed a little bit of a, Curveball you needed a slider to what is very paramount at this state and the, culture and we're losing it to arguably not, ARGUABLY i can say this a cooler, place boulders, cooler a little more travel for folks who are, going you, Know Denver internationals forty five. Minutes it's not as easy to get To Park. City but, yeah you can take an l we're taking ls a lot.
Speaker 2: Lately spence Losing sundance but gaining more trucks Than. Tesla's is that what it comes down, to more trucks And tesla's Less Sundance Film festival Or tesla trucks Or tesla.
Speaker 1: Trucks good.
Speaker 2: Call there are conversations about a replacement festival.
Speaker 1: Coming maybe a Little forrest, coump maybe a Little.
Speaker 2: Avatar we're just gonna do, avatar Bro all, right inside, JOKE i do have to do the read giving away golf as we're doing every. Day it's Our festival of The TEAS Espn festival Of tas powered by The Utah Golf. Association each day of, SPRING espn Seven hunters giving away rounds of golf from the best courses in the. State listen to The down And dirty With Scott Mitchell The sean O'Connell show from eleven to. Two in this little, program the drive was. Spent check its from two to six for your chance to win each day FROM espn seven hundred and The Utah Golf. Association details can be found ON espn seven hund sport dot. Com all, right ceks with us for an hour so we'll save some college football some transfer. Portal you guys are mad at each other. Online we'll get to that coming up in the four o'clock. Hour but while we're, here with about ten fifteen minutes in this, segment let's do A LITTLE. Rsl John, kimball the president of the, club hopped on the program yesterday to break the news that The diego red card has been, rescinded And john, asked, like AS i brought him, in has this ever happened in the history of pro sports? Before AND i can't necessarily answer that, emphatically BUT i will say this my entire life around pro, sports working in, it being around. It the typical situation not to Go Dave Matthews honyo on A, wednesday but typically the leagues want to protect their, officials and they want to protect their, processes and they want to protect you, know any and, deflect quite, frankly any criticism comes away to the refs outside of like A tim donaghey situation with THE nba When David sarton wanted that dude swimming with the.
Speaker 1: Fishes so this does not happen very.
Speaker 2: Often now in real, Time, chris When i'm watching the game AND i just see kind of out out of the corner of my Eye diego standing over the, player it looked. Bad in real, Time i'm, like did he kick? Him and is he kind of rubbing it? In and then you see the replay And you're, like, dude he didn't even touch. Him that's not even a. Yellow but this is pretty rare that this. Happens SO rsl they go through the appeals process and it actually was approved and the red card was, rescinded was not even awarded a, yellow and he'll be playing on the weekend Against San.
Speaker 1: Diego what'd you make of?
Speaker 3: THIS i Think kurt was on your show a couple of weeks ago and he said that he's not a fan of var Correct Kurt, SCHMIDT rsl technical, director AND i disagree with that, sentiment but NOW i kind of see where he's coming. From, like if the point is to get it, right and you're going to stop the, game you're going to slow everybody, Down you're going to wait for somebody from another state to patch into your headset and say go check it, out and then to waste more time and then to still get it. Wrong, yikes. Man and this is not specific TO. MLS i, mean we've seen vargo wrong at big levels over In. Europe we've seen it go wrong in The World. Cup it is it is a byproduct of human, air Which i'm always going to be a proponent. Of it is the reality of. It but you can have human air WITHOUT. Var you can't have human err WITH, var because otherwise either you're incompetent or you're just doubling down and you are refusing to correct a. WRONG i think it was hard to slow down Because luna moved so quick and got his leg out of that scissor hold so fast that it could have looked like he stomped him while he was getting his feet. OUT i, Agree but as they showed replay over and, over once his foot was, cleared he didn't step on. Him so to your, point it shouldn't have been a yellow. Card it should have been play. On it should have been, hey you, guys come talk to. Me let's keep it, cool let's move, on and you, know play. ON i don't know If diego being involved in the last twenty nine to thirty minutes of that match changes the. OUTCOME i Think garcel ended up about shooting him like twenty four to. Two that's another topic That i'm sure we'll get, to but IT'S i, mean the league did the right. Thing like you can't protect mistakes at that, level especially considering red cards aren't only the ejection from the current, game but an ensuing suspension from the. Falling it's very.
Speaker 2: PUNITIVE i MEAN i can remember BEFORE i even knew anything about soccer at, all, because As i've told you, before prior to bringing the club here in two thousand and, FOUR i maybe A World cup here. THERE i never, watched AND i was very much anti anti. SOCCER i told you the story when my father flew into town and, SAID i want to take you, lunch and we went to lunch and he, said here's my. IDEA i want to bring soccer to Salt. It i'm, like what are you? Doing what a bad? IDEA i, MEAN i told him not to do.
Speaker 7: It he was.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i was, wrong of, course that's how it.
Speaker 2: Goes but WHEN i first heard about what a red card, Was i'm, like wait a, second he sits the rest of this match and he can't play the next, Game like they don't do that in THE nfl or THE. Nba you get ejected and you have to sit the next. Game like it's, like you.
Speaker 3: Know it is sure if you're talking a blanket, statement soccer it is different from other.
Speaker 1: Sports, yeah and yes there are.
Speaker 2: LEVELS i, mean if you run our test a, fan you're gonna miss some. Time but if you just get ejected for arguing with a ref or a hard flagrant, foul unless it's really, egregious you're rarely suspended in, soccer are red means you're out the next. Game And, christopher a team that's hemorrhaging, points losing their best player In Diego, luna even you, know just for one, game felt pretty. Harsh so were you surprised that the league did. This i'll tell you WHAT i. WAS i was very surprised surprised. IT i don't know if there was precedent for. IT i feel like in THE nba there have been times where they've rescinded technical fouls that end up accumulating in a.
Speaker 1: Suspension, yes, yeah that's. True they did To LUCA i think last.
Speaker 3: Year, yeah but it's very. RARE i understand the league's desire to protect its. Referees but, AGAIN i think IF i think the fact that they went to var and they and then the referee still went with the red, CARD i think that was even that much more. Damning so for.
Speaker 2: A team that at this point has three wins through nine, GAMES i don't really have the stomach for.
Speaker 1: It it's all the ref's.
Speaker 2: Fault, HOWEVER i will present this to You peel's read at home Against.
Speaker 1: Dallas.
Speaker 2: Uh we talked about that the week after it. Happened that felt a little harsh based off of the entire flow of the actual, play where The dallas player probably should have been called for a foul before. That THE pk in that game was a bad call Against. Dallas muktar From, Nashville no big. Deal i've GOT mls, knowledge clearly initi hated.
Speaker 3: BUT i got. You Really, yeah But muktar is On.
Speaker 1: Nashville wait, wait, No muktar drew the.
Speaker 3: Penalty, Oh muktar drew the. Penalty, YES i thought you were talking about the elbow To Mark.
Speaker 1: SOUP i was getting there.
Speaker 2: Now Now i'm glad you said that BECAUSE i didn't know the dude's, name but that clearly was a.
Speaker 1: Red he Hit don with the.
Speaker 2: Elbow Then muktar initiates the contact Against nelson and FALLS. Pk there there is and, LOOK i don't really hear from players in that post media scrum At America First, field And Alex catron has had some things to. Say so While i'm not going to lay their lack of results at the feet of the. Officials If i'm with the club right, Now i'm feeling a little bit hard.
Speaker 3: Done you, are AND i think you're feeling hard done because of the current form you're. IN i think if you're sprinkling in some draws and a, win if you have some semblance of peaks and, VALLEYS i think it's a little easier to. Stomach but right now you are very much existing in a. Valley and the season so, long, MAN i want to say that it will eventually even itself. OUT i just think there has Been this is just compounding on top of the way too Early Conker Calf Champions cup exit to a team that you should have, beat the fact that they seems like they fail to upgrade the roster necessarily in the spring transfer, window and they're just not a very good team right, now and they're not playing an attractive style of. Soccer they are good from one box to, another they're really. Good but once you're once oursel is tasked with, defending either in emergency scenarios or in real, time not. Great and once they get into the opponent's final, third, yikes, MAN i, mean like is it is dire Straits AND i don't know if there's going to be a solution on the. Horizon all, right so excuse.
Speaker 2: Me we will now move over to the primary transfer window that closes. Today so essentially you just have to have some paperwork across the final you, know the final dotted line in order to add. Pieces you don't actually have to announce everything. Today so maybe we'll hear some things that we have not heard so. Far but we will talk about the player, that according to our Guy Tom, BOGERT rsl has added a.
Speaker 1: Player then we'll talk about the player that they're not going to.
Speaker 2: Add so we'll move over now To william is It agata nailed?
Speaker 1: IT i was afraid that he might be. Silent you never. KNOW i call Him, willie no big, deal twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Old he is a. Striker he comes TO rsl From SPORTING. Kc let's, see has he played much this? Year doesn't look like he's played a ton this. YEAR i don't know anything about. Him what do you know about the player THAT rsl Has according To, tom this is the player that they're bringing.
Speaker 3: In a band, aid safe to, SAY i, mean this is a what was your guy who ended up In? Brazil Elias, Manuel, Yeah, lias same same type.
Speaker 6: Thing.
Speaker 3: Gotcha this is a band aid if there ever was a band. Aid it is a guy who scored goals for some of the Worst Sporting Kansas city teams in recent, memory and they needed to do. Something but clearly they had a. PLAN b after your guy who will never get to see the number Nine Robert bosanique after that transfer apparently has fallen through in epic.
Speaker 2: Fashion So, willie our, guy our NEW rsl stats this year he has played in six, games with one, start ninety six, minutes played five as a, sub with zero goals and zero.
Speaker 1: Assists, yeah so there we. Go, yep looks like.
Speaker 2: He has six career goals For sporting casey If i'm reading this, Correctly, NO i.
Speaker 3: Think he's somewhere around like twenty ish twenty.
Speaker 2: Three he had six last. Year there you, go my. Bad all, Right so twenty five year old striker on the, Way williegatta my, Guy. Willie so to your, point let's move over now to the player that was announced that had agreed to.
Speaker 1: Terms but now this deal is.
Speaker 2: Off so as of, yesterday AND i talked To john about, THIS i talked to you about this last. Week the reports WHERE rsl was bringing In bosnik bosaniqu excuse me from This portuguese club that apparently is not necessarily operated at the highest level with business.
Speaker 1: Acumen so the deal is.
Speaker 2: Off according To tom And robert was here toward the facilities past a physical past as physical they apparently had agreed to. Terms they were just waiting for the signature of the dotted. Line educate us a little, bit what's the deal with his club that apparently is really tough to do business.
Speaker 3: With, well Boa, vista for THE, Mls sikos is a club that originally signed a young talented outside back Named Reggie cannon FROM Fc, dallas rose through The american, ranks and proceeded to not Pay reggie his wages while he was over, There and there have been multiple reports Of Boa vista not paying transfer fees for players and just basically is a club that you shouldn't try to get into business with in the first. Place AND i think that's the thirty thousand view point of this spence is, like CLEARLY rsl got desperate enough to find a player that they liked at a price point that met what they were currently shopping, at and unfortunately it seemed to be at a club that has very difficult financial. SITUATIONS i Think tom reported at some point in the last couple of weeks, that like they forgot to pay their electrical bill at their training. Facility i'm not, Kidding, so, like, listen this this Was this is a byproduct of not being able to secure a transformational player when you need. One this is something that should have probably been tackled in the winter, time or at least had a head. Start AND i note there is a multitude of layers to this. Conversation this isn't on any one. PERSON i think this is a byproduct of how having your star player decide he needed to go in the blink of an, eye having the pseudo band aid replacement decide he wanted to go To. Brazil you're coming up against a transfer window that didn't go your, way you have ownership change floating. Overhead But Robert bosanique is not the type of player you need to necessarily break the bank. For like he is a guy that by all, accounts was going to come in for anywhere from like two to three million, dollars and, he's you, know a young guy gets some caps for The slovakian national, team but hasn't scored a ton of. Goals and this is What i've been telling, you LIKE, rcel if they're going to kind of rediscover the the flare and the style and the success that they had last, year they have to go out and find somebody and pay a lot of money in order to get them to come here and want to be the tip of the. Spear But bosanique isn't the guy that you should necessarily overpay. For i've been told that Boa vista's executives changed the terms last. Minute tom reported the same, Thing so like what are they?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: WHY i get that you're up against it eleventh, hour BUT i think this is a learning lesson for everybody involved that you got to figure out who you're dealing with and who you're getting into business with when you're up, against you, know such a tight.
Speaker 2: Window let me clean this up a little. Bit So william, AGAIN i call Him, Willie Willie? Goles Willy is that why they call?
Speaker 1: Him willie's what.
Speaker 3: You're going to call?
Speaker 9: Him?
Speaker 1: Now who was the who was? That who?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 1: Oh Is Johnny?
Speaker 2: Menendez When trey was Like Johnny goles and he literally scored a, goal SO i started and call Him Johnny gole and that best tray off because then they had to get rid of. Him uh, so So Willi, goles you know, What we'll roll with.
Speaker 3: IT i like.
Speaker 2: It his career In Sporting Kansas city last year was his best. Year he played thirty two, games, started twenty had ten, goals three. Assists for his career four years In Kansas city twenty one, goals five, assists sixty four games, played thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Starts so it appears that he's more of like a.
Speaker 2: Is there An Anderson julio, parallel like a fast dude that comes in off the.
Speaker 3: BENCH i haven't watched that much Of Willy, goals to be honest with, you but he strikes me as the type of player that probably had An anderson type role At Sporting Kansas, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm smiling because we're calling Him Willi. Goles he hasn't scored this. Year it's like when everybody Called roy's O'Neil.
Speaker 3: Buckets well that was His twitter, Handle, yeah but he couldn't shoot self a little, Better, yeah but he still couldn't.
Speaker 1: Shoot it Was.
Speaker 2: Royce it was like, bucket bucket, O'Neil Johnny gole speaking of excuse, Me willie. Goals but speaking Of, johnny let's move over to the other, Rumor Johnny, russell who looks like he enjoys himself a. Pint he's A scottish player who played At Derby county and then played At Sporting Kansas city let's, see for about six, years but has not.
Speaker 1: Played he's been without a club this.
Speaker 3: Year, yea he was one of their best players for a long. Time, okay he was there while they were still pretty, good and then he was there when they got pretty.
Speaker 2: Bad, Okay so according To tom RSLs and talks to bring In Johnny, russell.
Speaker 3: Thirty five year old, guy left footed, winger once upon a time was one of the best wingers in the. League looks like he can enjoy a. Pint he's a Scott he's A. Scottish i've been seeing what kind of form or fitness Level Johnny russell is currently. In but when you haven't played for a, while maybe he needs to get into the. Gym BUT i don't. KNOW i looking at this, window this team clearly needs some, leaders some voices in the locker, room because watching this team it's like watching a bunch of. Passengers, Man like nobody wants to take the game by the scruff of the next way to describe does. Sometimes BUT i think if you're the, opposition you do your best to just try to take him out of it. Tactically and then other than, that who is going to, impose who's gonna impose? Themselves who's going to and still fear in the opposing defense like half a. Cabrala its been, Great but like there's a reason why a lot of people don't give goalkeepers the armband because they're so oftentimes sixty yards. Away like you need somebody in the thick of. Things And i'm not saying you need a A Kyle beckerman type personality or.
Speaker 2: A happy birthday to the. Captain by the, Way kyle's birthday today is?
Speaker 3: It it? Is how old Is kyle? NOW i think he's a little bit older than. Me i's the thirty thirty. Nine probably he's probably looking at. FORTY i don't, know if he's on, it he's probably looking at. You don't you don't need A, Kyle you. DON'T i mean you need a bunch of like grab a, voice you, know you need A beltran dirty need you need you need A Chris, winger like you need somebody to lead the locker. Room and There's they're a young. Team, Man, listen they're a very young. Team AND i AND i JUST i would describe it like it's a it's a it's a team that's filled with passengers and nobody wants to get behind the.
Speaker 2: Wheel so the transfer window closes, Today chris. Uh the forwards will Be ari Pol Willie, goles my Guy, forrester WHO i think is now with the development The, monarchs, yep our Guy.
Speaker 1: Berea so is are they?
Speaker 2: SCREWED i mean it's a season lost if these are the. Strikers we've seen nothing to indicate anyone on the roster is able to finish. Consistently you, Know forrester has good physical, traits the touch has been off and he's.
Speaker 3: Out he's a developmental, guy, RIGHT i Think ari is. Too, yeah you can make that. Argument, Yeah so like what are we doing? Here does it feel like this is going to be a lost year for? Ourselves it? Does, so it, Does AND i think to that sucks to sound pretty, Dire LIKE i think there were last years quote unquote and the tail end of The deloy year slash when the league took. Over but people forget, that like those teams Had Jamir, Crylock, Jefferson Jefferson, Savarino Albert, rusnak like guys who were, really really good and that team doesn't have it anybody to that.
Speaker 2: Caliber right, Now, okay one more thing here before we. BREAK i referenced. This even though the transfer portal officially closes, today there have been plenty of examples in the, past dating all the way back to The garth, years where some things actually did take place and, transpire uh not officially after the window, closed but they had like the paperwork done that they need.
Speaker 3: They later in the. Week all, Right so there's that possibility is still out. There, Correct, YEAH i believe it's our. Time it's like ten to fifty Nine mountain is when that is when deals need to be submitted to the. League you, know everything buttoned, up so you could see deals coming in the ensuing, days but it sounds like they'll end up being domestic, deals like with with your Guy Willie. Goles if The Johnny russell thing goes, THROUGH i Know rsel is in line on another potential player in the. League but like nothing is going to blow the fans.
Speaker 2: Away let me just kick the tires on this before we, break Because Tom bogert sends, OUT i feel so bad for the player. Here Robert bosanique really wanted the, move completed his medical On, tuesday has been at the facility today.
Speaker 1: Too he was going to get a nice pay. Raise now he's the.
Speaker 2: One left holding the bag Because boavista went back on the. Agreement do you think there's any chance this is resurrected at all or does it feel like it's totally?
Speaker 3: Dead if YOU'RE, rsl there's no way you can go back and work with these guys unless they Unless robert and his representation and the club that basically screwed you said, yeah we'll sell him for even. Cheaper BUT i think like you have to flush this thing and never go.
Speaker 1: Back all, Right, Well, Chris chris will give us the. Truth he will shoot us.
Speaker 3: STRAIGHT i told you this a month, ago that these things take so long and they take it's so hard to get them over the. Line unfortunately FOR, rsel they have to learn this is a harsh learning lesson that you have to figure out who you're really willing to go down these types of paths.
Speaker 1: With it is.
Speaker 2: Official THE RSLs sent out the announcement Rayl salle acquire strike Striker Willie agata From Sporting Kansas city not around here As Willy. Coles all, right we'll catch a break coming up next transfer portal college. FOOTBALL a lot of people are. Mad we'll talk some college, Football. Chris is this your?
Speaker 9: Selection?
Speaker 1: Porter or is this another one from C? K he doubled it. Up, oh but this is from A tv, show isn't?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Oh, man it. Is what's the name of the?
Speaker 9: Song?
Speaker 3: Porter on The wings Of?
Speaker 1: Love on The wings Of love was not a television program in the, eighties IF i remember. Correctly, NOW i, Was, oh this is a great.
Speaker 2: Song i'm so glad you AS i haven't heard this in.
Speaker 3: Years we should just do exclusive eighties one hit wonders Anytime i'm On it's basically any day of the.
Speaker 1: Show is this yacht rock?
Speaker 3: Officially, Yeah Jeffrey, Osborne, Yeah on.
Speaker 1: The wings Of love was not a television. Program you know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: REALIZED i think it was On The bachelor spin so you might have been.
Speaker 2: Caught, WELL i DEFINITELY i don't watch The. Bachler IF i, DID i would tell. YOU i, MEAN i still Watch Laguna beach in The. Hills i'm not you, know we've talked About, Yeah i'm not one that is a snob about WHAT i. WATCH i was having dinner with somebody the other day AND i revealed THAT i was born in nineteen seventy. Eight it is wild when the youngs find out that you were born in the. SEVENTIES i. Was i'm a child of SEVENTY i was born in seventy. Eight it feels like that makes me, very very old these. Days, well you should be. Proud you're part of The you're part of the best. GENERATION i agree with, that And i've you, know the only THING i have over you is that you covet the fact That i'm a gen xer because you are an older.
Speaker 1: Millennial.
Speaker 3: Correct how old do you? KNOW i turned thirty. Nine when's your?
Speaker 1: Birthday? December oh that's, right you were A december.
Speaker 3: Birthday, yep all, Right.
Speaker 2: Chris the transferport on college football is open closes On. Friday twitter mostly is comprised of mentally old people throwing their feces at each. Other but you've Got utah fans And Utah i'll use an air quotes reporters talking ABOUT byu messing With utah players and tampering and, such and THEN pyu fans throwing their feces back At utah. Fans is tampering even a thing right now when there are no rules and regulations and you're just doing whatever you have to do to acquire.
Speaker 3: Talent, no but CAN i take a quick non? Sequitur?
Speaker 1: Please do we love non sequiturs on the?
Speaker 3: Show, WELL i guess it's more of a Secuitder, okay we love those. Too WHEN i was a kid living in The Bay, area we used to go to The San Francisco, zoo great zoo by the, way and one time class field, trip very, vivid like second third, grade the chimps just launching it man full, send, okay like you would think that these guys were getting scouted by the, pros like full, on thirty forty, feet just launching. It so, Yeah so it's a good, Analogy and that's basically, yes.
Speaker 2: That basically, yes What i've realized About twitter truly mentally old people through. Feces there's nothing that benefits me ever from going on there but creature of. Habit AND i STILL i go to like specific accounts IF i want news like my algorithms messed up the four you, Feed i'm like, that none of that's for. Me but where we're at, now until there are rules or regulations in, PLACE i don't think there's even such a thing as, Tampering like that's not even real because you're allowed to do whatever you want to. Do transfer portal, opens you can contact whoever you.
Speaker 3: Want there are no. Rules the only rules are whether you make it into the portal before the cutoff. Date that's basically it. Correct and if we really want to drill down on, this should we?
Speaker 1: Drill let's let's grind and.
Speaker 3: Drill this is a peak into the paranoid subconscious of a fan base that is afraid that they are backsliding or devolving into the days that they felt like we're gone. Forever this is The utah fan, base paranoid THAT byu is going to rise again or has, risen has? Risen shout Out Easter sunday and this this is a. BIPRO i, mean, like, listen, Man i've lived here for a long. TIME i went to THE. U some of my best, friends closest friends in the world went TO, Byu like we are in it. Together we talk about the intermachinations of both fan. Bases utah fans are, scared and that's, okay but if you're going to exist in the, cesspool you need to understand, That, like that's what where all of this is coming. From there is the they're upset because IT'S. Byu if it was any other, SCHOOL i promise, you they wouldn't be making as much of a. Fuss If Keanu tanavasa decided to go To stanford OR usc Or oregon Or, michigan you wouldn't have cared a single bit compared to him going TO. Byu this is a byproduct Of utah fans being. Afraid and that's the. Reality and until you wrap your mind around the fact that there are no, rules just chill man and. LISTEN i can say this BECAUSE i KNOW i went to school. There i've been Around utah fans for a long. Time this is the inferiority complex playing out in real. Time people are up in arms about a dude who has six? Catches what are we? Doing? Man this is And i'm going to go, back like the thirty thousand viewpoint of this whole thing is like this Is utah failing to build a tide receiver. Room this has nothing to do With Zach. Williams this is this is The this is a fundamental failure once again and For utah to have really good wide receivers and the fact that people are freaking out that a kid who maybe had a good spring like people, saying, oh he had a good spring, game so we're going to we're going to blame the spring. Game the lengths that people will go to to find a Boogeyman spence is.
Speaker 1: Wild yeah it.
Speaker 2: Is and you know it's funny you reference the whole like undercurrent of fear for yout fans when it comes to the rivalry at some point swinging back around because, dude for years and years and, years when you, know coach McBride builds it, Up urban takes it. Over and this two year straight to the, moon the two Year Urban meyer Boom utah football is different, Instantly pac twelve coach with generation of youth dominance throughout the entire throughout the entire. Thing like every, year like all, right we'll send out a tweet about the winning streak eight straight, nines whatever it, was ten and twelve. YEARS i would say on air like you guys, know, oh this won't, last because all this stuff is, cyclical and maintaining dominance over your rival in any sport on any level never lasts all that. Long it was pretty remarkable that AFTER i think there was just Like Lavelle stretch was like twenty one and two Against, utah and so WHEN i was growing, up certainly If utah made it, close that felt like a. Win and then you get the Occasional Eddie, johnson you.
Speaker 3: Know the occasional wild, game right, right.
Speaker 2: And that was like an amazing upset that put the win in the sales of ute, fans but it WAS byu Dominating utah football. Forever and so if you're A utah football fan that's a little bit, older you remember, that and that's that's a place you never want to go to. Again and so the fact that you know football fans my son's, age you, know twenty two to twenty three and younger only know this ute generation of. Dominance it it does kind of dissuade the fact that there are THESE youte fans that are older that have enjoyed the past twenty years or, whatever but have always thought like what if we go back to the way it was WHEN i was growing, up and what If kalani gets this thing?
Speaker 1: Ticking AND i think the main, fear at least.
Speaker 2: The QUESTION i get from a lot of people is When kyle's, done what is it going to look? Like BECAUSE i, think you, Know kyle's established this. Generation he was the Guy i've always said the two biggest days Of utah football as far as their generational dominance over their arrival and their relative success when it comes to other football programs in The pac, twelve certainly when they won. Championships the two biggest days were when The pac twelve invite came and When kyle said, no it Was Alma Matern yes To. Utah those are the two biggest days that have led us to this space where of course B yu got him last, year but it has been a generation Of utah football. Dominance but there has been this undercurrent of anxiety that will this thing flip and we're back to the way it was When lavelle was the head, coach and that ultimately leads to the over the top reactions WHEN byu poaches A utah football player or whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is but what how are we defining. Poaching you know WHAT i mean like, That what people are failing to realize is that BEFORE, nil before the transfer, portal players were moving back and forth between these two programs every single. Year some of the BEST byu players in recent memory went To. Utah some of the Best utah players in recent memory went TO. Byu Francis, bernard great PLAYER byu comes To, utah helps them, win goes to THE. Nfl just first name off to my. Head there are so many other players like. That Samson nakua played At, utah helped them win A pack twelve, title goes to B why you played with play with his? Brother it IS i, YEAH i mean you hit the nail on the. Head it is a fundamental fear that you, know the the opposition that the dreaded rival is has amassed the amount of support that they have and maybe your your side. Hasn't but we got to chill. Man we this is and a lot of this comes down TO i don't know if we have time for you, know you, know my main my main thing in life is wanting to expand media literacy across the across the, globe to the to the, youngs especially to people who live on the. Internet this is also a byproduct of this is you always need to double and triple and sometimes quadruple check where you're getting your information. Online BECAUSE i know a lot of people aren't fans of the media world right, now but just proceed with. Caution let's just say that because, everybody not, everybody most people have ulterior motives when it comes to this kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff, well AND i also just, think AND i know we've been over this in the, past but every time a situation like this takes, place and this happens at both BY u And, utah there are fans reporting on this stuff like emotional fans correct where you'll you'll see these people on the sidelines like jumping around and Celebrating utah scores a, Touchdown they're jumping with the players in the end. ZONE byu scores a touchdown and they're literally celebrating in the scrum with the players and. Coaches and these are the people reporting on what's. Happening can we throw quotes reporting what's happening with both these, schools and again it is both they're like the ecosystem of propaganda coming FROM byu where they OWN BYU, tv and They. March these supposed journalists out ON tv every day to uh you, know uh to to to commentate on the state.
Speaker 1: Of the program and report what's actually going.
Speaker 2: On these ARE byu, employees and they ARE byu super.
Speaker 1: Fans they are, goobs.
Speaker 2: And it's the same thing that is happening with certain people that are Covering utah. Football are just, fans it is, all and they want to be in the good graces of the coaches and the. Administrators they don't give a rip about bringing accurate information to. People they just want to send something out and then Hopefully Morgan scalley reads their tweet and it was, like, YES i love that, guy or Hopefully Jay hill is WATCHING BYU. Tv and these quasi media members that are simply propagating information from the, university they just want to endear. Themselves they want to Be they're not on the team they want to. Be they're not in the locker room they want to. Be they want to be part of the. Program they don't want to be part of like actual journalistic integrity where they're bringing real information to.
Speaker 3: People and this is not specific To utah OR. Byu, unfortunately this is a this is this is a permeating issue At division one colleges and frankly in professional sports.
Speaker 2: Nationwide it comes down to a, question what do what do fans?
Speaker 1: Want?
Speaker 2: Do what do people? Want what does the Average utah fan? Want what does the AVERAGE byu? Fan do they want the echo chamber where they just fed what they already believe or did they actually want the?
Speaker 3: Truth, no they want they want the echo, chamber and they're ready to unsheed their swords when anybody comes along and maybe says. Otherwise and that is that is human. Nature that is A i mean you talk to you talk to the Goat Spencer hall all the time about tribalism and like why college football is so unique compared to really any other. Sport it's impact and its overall effect on people resonates differently THAN i think a lot of professional sports because a lot of it is so much more community. Driven it is you've invested time and, Money you've sat, time you wasted time in classes in the library and the study. Hall you've paid thousands of dollars to get a piece of paper from this you, know respective, university wherever you, went and, yeah you like going to football, games and football games are fun when your team. Wins but we are now to the point where a, lot a lot needs to be done in order to properly get the point across on who is, independent who is bringing information from two sides of the, story not just, one because that is also a huge part of this as. Well it's like you may have somebody on staff who's telling you to do something and you, know feeding you, information and that's going to be one, sided and your, job if you are a independent, reporter is to verify. That and a lot of, times most of the time NOW i would say that that's not, happening.
Speaker 2: You, know back to the whole dynamic of the the undercurrent of fear permeating throughout a fan. BASE i just, think AND i don't know, this this is my, opinion hence me saying it into a microphone on a radio. SHOW i also think there's a lot of fear among The utah fan base of what The Nil collective In provo has to, offer The Royal Blue collective or whatever the hell that. Is you, know when you hear seven million dollars for aj The banter for five months of, basketball When Robert wright signs a million dollar contract to play, basketball At baylor and B wyu triples it of, course, though well come, ON i, mean, like let's let's be adults, Here, okay let's be grown. Ups like, again they're gonna say what they, say but you have to kind of read between the lines and actually be authentic and truthful.
Speaker 1: About what really is going.
Speaker 2: On it is about the, money AND i do think for A utah, fan the fear is and What i've been told is b why you currently has nine seven figure donors And utah has, two and the two That utah has it's not hard to figure out their names around. Buildings SO i do think there's also a fear that Maybe utah financially is not in a place to keep up With Brigham. Young AND i don't know if that's. TRUE i don't have. NUMBERS i have no. Idea utah might be in a much better place with their collective The crimson Co active THAT i have any idea, about AND, byu maybe it isn't in a place where they're. Collected i'm just drawing conclusions here because at least on the basketball, Side BYU's riding massive. Checks now on the football, side it's hard to know because AFTER byu springball wrapped, Up Harrison taggart really good starting, Linebacker Keelan, marion really good wide, Receiver All american. Returner they both hit the transfer, portal and then the tribunes report about the bro, whoever whoever the bro is that runs THE Byu Royal blue, collective THE mlm brow whoever that guy, is you shout out to our GUY keV holding the meeting last year and basically dressing down the, roster saying we're cutting your pay because you had a bad. Year SO i don't know if the football program receives the same nil that the basketball program, Does BUT i think from A utah fan, perspective another portion of the fear that is driving these reactions because you fear what you don't, know and the emotional reactions line.
Speaker 1: Of people that are just horribly.
Speaker 2: Behaved it is a byproduct of what you don't, know what you're scared, of and if you're A utah, fan the fear is are we keeping up financially with the other programs across the, country namely the one that's forty miles down.
Speaker 3: SOUTH i would say it's predominantly just that. One, Honestly LIKE i, said if this was any other, SCHOOL i don't think there would be as much of a social media, uprising so to. SPEAK i just really don't until there is a set rules, set you, know rules and regulations in, Place until there is a commissioner who can dictate what is you, know within the bounds of proper you, know uses of nil and all of this, stuff it is going to just be off the wall twenty four to. Seven and if you are a, coach you signed up for. It if you're a, player you signed up for. It if you're a, fan you need to understand that you're signing up for it. Too AND i THINK i said this like In January, february, man like you should not be up in arms about anything until second, week third week of, Camp, kyle until you're a week away from the season, opener because you don't know what the roster's going to look. Like and until, then it can. Change it can, change it can. Change and it's maybe hyperbolic to say, that like everybody is just trying to get through the, day but it kind of is the reality of, It like nobody really knows what's around the.
Speaker 2: Corner, well and you, know, yeah all that is, correct AND i will add, THIS i think back to the whole, like, HEY i was told that it wasn't about the. Money like when you hear things LIKE xbyu athletes going on radio shows and saying we don't outbid, teams we out love, them we out develop, them and we outserve, them and you're, like, dude shut.
Speaker 3: Up the former editor Of The Desert, News Clark, gilbert, tweeted who's Now like some guy at LIKE Byu idaho like made a stink about HOW byu is not in the business of paying.
Speaker 2: Players but it's stuff like that that is so offensive because don't tell me That i'm not seeing What i'm, Seeing like you're Basically Steve bannon and you're muddying the waters and you're flooding the zone with misinformation to distract people from what's actually going.
Speaker 1: On it's the same.
Speaker 2: Thing don't do, That AND i do think that's where a lot of the vitrio comes, From like this hubris and this unauthentic approach where you are lying to me about what's going. On you are outbidding teams for, players and guess what good job It.
Speaker 1: Just that's the. Deal just just admit.
Speaker 2: Life you should be taking victory, laps but just don't lie about what you're taking the victory lap. ABOUT i have long said. Whenever when nil became a reality the first, DAY i, said you know, who this is good news for B. Yu they've got a ton of rich alums that have started. Companies summer in jail and they've got a ton of rich. Alums the yes shout out to the. Bull are you gonna Aten alphacon this? Year i'll go if you, Go i'll go for, Sure i'll go If meg comes with.
Speaker 3: Us how long will it take for me to get kicked?
Speaker 1: Out, oh you'll be kicked out.
Speaker 3: IMMEDIATELY i don't even think they let me through the.
Speaker 1: Door, yeah you might not get. IN i can dress the. Part, YEAH i can figure it. Out, OKAY i can pretend LIKE i belong.
Speaker 3: To and maybe pluck the eyebrows a little, bit cut.
Speaker 2: The, hair probably, short do some some, spikes probably some, creatine a little skinny right, now you, know bulk up protein, powder max out three credit cards to rent a hummer or something for the. Weekend, indeed BUT byu has a lot of alums that have started companies that have made a lot of, money and a lot of alums that care about sports sound, there AND i said a ton a lot like aon. Does those guys want to open up their, wallet they will be able to get anybody who just cares about money and wants to get. Paid and most of these young, athletes they want to get. PAID Aj debants is not pumped About. Swig he's pumped about seven million dollars as we talked. About you know, AGAIN i don't know if the football program is receiving the same nil that the basketball program, is BUT byu is winning in that space right. Now just lean into it and stop telling people that they're not seeing what they're. Seeing AND i do think that adds to the whole pushback THAT byu fans.
Speaker 3: Get it's also very Like i'm going to Go i'm going to go big time cultural. Here it's very state Of utah like smile to your, face but kind.
Speaker 1: Of stab you in the, back passive aggressive.
Speaker 3: Right like it is so on brand that it is kind of like coming out the. Years, basically, yeah that's ALL i.
Speaker 2: Say all, right last, Thing the fact of the matter is you tosk out work to do say what you want About Zach williams lack of production to lean in to about what he could. BE i think most people felt like he was going to be wide receiver one and he's.
Speaker 3: Gone.
Speaker 2: Uh we just talked about RSLs and ability to get difference makers across the line prior to. Today If utah doesn't add a couple of wide receivers prior To, friday.
Speaker 3: What's the fall going to look? Like Can Big Willie goles s?
Speaker 1: CATCH i don't, know left to. See they need, Help, chris.
Speaker 3: They need they need. HELP i know some of the portal bros have you, know tweeted that they have like a guy from McNee state coming to visit. Sick we don't. Listen we never knew what it was going to look like, Anyways so anybody, again anybody who was telling you that this offense was going to be historic was lying to. You and who, knows Maybe Jason beck finds a way to incorporate all the new running, backs or finds a way to incorporate the tight ends that so many people thought the death of twelve personnel was on. Forever maybe, Not maybe it'll maybe it's been. Resurrected but the reality is you have to look at brass tacks and brass. Taxes they have a guy who played It Utah State Auto tia local. KID i think he statistically had the most you, know touchdowns last year currently on the on The utah. Roster then he had. Seven the kid From New mexico had like seven hundred. Yards the dude From Mississippi state creed forget his last, name yep. Uh these are all guys who were playing the role of you, know supplementary players where they came. FROM i just don't know if these are guys that are going to be able to come in and be the types of leaders statistically That utah. Needs and who knows, again nobody anybody that tells you they've been. Grinding Jason beck tape From New mexico's lying to. You so just take a. Breath if you need a, libation take, it if you need a, waterloo if you need a spin, drift enjoy the summer and.
Speaker 2: Chill sponge drift sounds lovely right. Now just so you, know twelve personnel never dies on this. Show, chris great to see, it my, friend, right the Great Chris. Camaradie before you catch a break and welcome In ryan from The dish. Professionals save a grip of money on a grip of. Things that's the bottom. Line tyle eight oh, one four to two four, dish what's going?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 8: Ryan, yes call us up, today d one of the many have saved just a ton of. Money. Listen every day we get customers calling. In they're telling, Us, okay my cable bill has gone. Up hear you on the. Radio what can you? Offer because it is crazy the amount of money people are paying versus what they could be.
Speaker 7: Paying you know you're over.
Speaker 8: Paying pick up the phone and just call. Us it's easy and, simple not a high pressure thing on our. End we're just gonna give you a better, deal get you a, price guarantee. You we'll throw in some movie channels, also get you set. Up but the biggest FASTEST tvr out there the auto hoops, commercials auto record your games and plus you can have all the streaming apps built into the, system so you just have one remote that runs. Everything it's all interlays, together easy and, operate easy to use and. Operate Calls Up. Today gets up with. That let's send you up a dinner at. Jcw's plus we'll check and see if you've got a gift card offer out. There you just missed it in the. Mail about sixty percent of the time we find these and that's a three or five hundred dollars gift card in your. Pocket call us four two four dish eight oh one four two four.
Speaker 1: Dish shout out to my good friends At Burt.
Speaker 2: Brothers with over thirty years of experience in nearly thirty, Locations Burt BROTHERS ac certified technicians bring expertise and professionalisten to every. Interaction one stop shop for alible repairs and maintenance from tires and alignments to fluids and. Breaks Tax Day Saving sale is in full. Swing by three tires and get one free on so what Goodyear falcon And firestone. Tires plus get an extra fifty dollars off on purchases over five hundred dollars using The Burt Brothers. Card Tax Day Saving Sale i'll also include saving forty dollars on your vaveling synthetic oil. Change stop by A Burt brothers or a Tire buster's locations or schedule an appointment online today to schedule or excuse me to experience the trusted service that has Made Burt brothers A utah favorite for over three. Decades burt brothers doing it better since day. One been friend of the. Program Patrick, manning managing partner of The Black Desert, resort joins us on A. Wednesday, Patrick Happy, wednesday, sir how are?
Speaker 10: You i'm doing, Great, spence how you?
Speaker 8: Been i'm?
Speaker 2: Good DO i complain now THAT i can't get a tea time At Black? Desert do we save that for?
Speaker 10: Later, yeah let's say that one.
Speaker 1: Later all, right fair, enough fair.
Speaker 2: Enough i'm coming down To Saint george In, may and UH i inquired In february and unfortunately you guys were.
Speaker 1: Packed but all, Good all.
Speaker 2: Good here's WHERE i want to, Start, Patrick what have you guys learned that you're hoping to kind of improve upon as THE lpga and then THE Pga tour is returning To Black.
Speaker 1: Desert, yeah great.
Speaker 11: Question you.
Speaker 10: Know, first hats off to our tournament. Team they are spectacular and they did such a great job are on our INAUGURAL pga. TOURNAMENT i think one of the things that a couple of things that we, learned even though it's like operationally THE pga said it was like it was a tenth year. Tournament it was run so. Smoothly BUT i think two things that were improving upon is there was a bottleneck between tea boxes one and ten that created, us you, know some slow down for spectators and you, know and we just reconfigured the t boxes so now that is rectified and will not be a. Bottleneck and you, know almost every tournament has one, somewhere but that was the only one we found and we've corrected. It the other thing is THAT i think we learned that having three story structures are probably just too tall because unless you're sitting on the third floor along the drink, rail you can't see the. Action so we're probably going to go wider with the, stands or we are rather going wider and not as not as many. Stories it'll be more efficient use of. Space so but you, know that's those are pretty small tweaks to an otherwise really well run.
Speaker 2: Tournament what has been the reaction from both THE Lpga tour and THE Pga tour to just the? EXPERIENCE i, MEAN i MEAN i did have an opportunity to play down there a couple of years ago when you guys first opened, up AND I i MEAN i was blown. Away it is first class the way you guys have gone about just the entire, experience not just the.
Speaker 1: GOLF i, mean the clubhouse is, great the food is.
Speaker 2: Good the caddies we had were really really, great great young men and enjoyed the experience start to. Finish but from a professional, standpoint what's the feedback you guys have received now that you are officially of course that has hosted AN lpga and A Pga tour.
Speaker 1: Event, yeah we.
Speaker 10: Haven't this coming up in next week will be our FIRST lpga tournament that we've, hosted but having THE pga behind. IT i don't want to name, drop but one of the large names on the tour with a huge following told the president of THE Pga tour that The Black Desert resort, experience the golf, course just the overall, package was his, words the best stop on the. Tour that was pretty lofty accolades. THERE i think overall just you, know the players being able to get into their condos that were All they, had their own buildings.
Speaker 9: That no one else was.
Speaker 10: In so being able to get to their hotel room and then get down to the locker, rooms and then into player only, dining into caddie, dining and into fitness all without interfacing public. Interface that doesn't exist anywhere else on the, tour and SO i think the player experience when they're outside the ropes was a premium experience for. Them and then of course inside the ropes the course is. GREAT i, mean, SO i think THE pga was very enthusied about the tournament and THE lpga you, know they haven't played, yet but they're very excited that we are celebrating the women the way we are with the private jets to pick them up and stay at the resort for, free just really rolling out the red carpet for the, ladies and they're just. Enthusiastic how over the top we're going rolling.
Speaker 3: Out the red.
Speaker 2: CARPET i misspoke because WHAT i read is THE lpga tour is returning to utahb and now returning to.
Speaker 1: The Black Desert.
Speaker 2: Resort because to your, point this is the first time the field for THE lpga.
Speaker 1: Events what are some of the? Highlights what can you share with?
Speaker 10: Us, well you can go TO lpga dot com and click On Black desert and click on the entries and you can see the entire. Field BUT i can tell you that we HAD i don't know if it's a, record it's pretty close out of one hundred and forty four player, field we had over one hundred and ninety around one hundred and ninety five players register for the, tournament AND i think we have, one any one of the top twenty five players in the world in the, field and so we've got a stacked a stacked. Field AND i think a lot of that is because you know the PLAYER a lot of THE i know a lot of THE lpga players and they've told me, that you, know when they Saw Black desert on television WITH pg they were blown. Away they're just, like we want to play. That and then if you're going to send us, jets, like, yeah we're going to show.
Speaker 1: Up love? It, WELL i love.
Speaker 2: It as far as the public down there where you're, located and certainly up here, too you, know, volunteers opportunities for people to get.
Speaker 1: Involved what can you shed a little light on.
Speaker 10: That, yeah there's a there's A Black Desert events dot com is where you can go for, anything, tickets general, ADMISSION, vip, hospitality, sponsorships and also the opportunity to. VOLUNTEER i think you, know we probably have a few spots left for volunteering and we have uh some tickets still. Remaining the ticket sales have been fantastic And I'M i think more than, anything WHAT i want to accomplish from this tournament is that when this is air and over two hundred and twenty, countries that the world sees That utah showed up for these, women which is. Fantastic so but, Anyway black Dozard events Dot com you can go to.
Speaker 8: Them BEFORE i.
Speaker 10: Forget, vince this was just a kind of a new. Development we partnered with The bank Of utah and for every general admission an adult ticket that's, purchased and they're about fifty five bucks a. Day for every general admission, ticket The bank Of utah will buy two tickets for kids to, Join so you, know two adult tickets gets your four.
Speaker 8: Kids that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome on the men's side of, Things october twenty third through the twenty sixth is when The Black Desert championship will be played at your.
Speaker 1: Course give me some personal.
Speaker 2: HIGHLIGHTS i, mean you're the guy credited with the vision that made this, happen And i'm always very impressed when visionary actually execute a plan that that lands the plane in. Place what were some of your personal highlights after witness seeing that event last year won By matt, McCarty.
Speaker 10: Well one of one of my and and let me just say that about the extent of my expertise and involvement in this tournament was calling THE pga and telling him THAT i want TO i want A pga tour and selling him on. It then THEN i had to hire people or we had to hire people that are really really smart and good at this to pull it all. Off so BUT i think one of my favorite moments was when, UH i was asked to hand the trophy off To matt McCarty and AND i just said to the crowd like, this this isn't About Black, desert this is About. Utah and SO i asked the governor to hand off the trophy h on behalf of the state Of. Utah and then for the, Women i've Got Petra, Henderson Lieutenant governor is going to hand it off to the to the lady that wins this. One but but after the trophy, ceremony like an hour and a half, Later i'm at home now because it was, exhausted and a friend of mine called me, said you're not going to believe What matt McCarty is doing right.
Speaker 9: Now AND i said what he.
Speaker 10: Said an hour and a half after he wins THE pga, tournament he's now in the twentieth, hole which is our sports, bar Playing Black desert on the Track man. Simulator so that was pretty.
Speaker 1: Fun that's. Great that was.
Speaker 2: Great what's the long term? Play, Actually, no before we go, THERE i wanted to ask you BECAUSE i read that you first came across the property twenty years, Ago so what was the what was the origin Story patrick of when you first discovered the land and when you decided that this was what you wanted to do with, it and how did this all kind of come to.
Speaker 10: Fruition, yeah so as somebody told, me you, KNOW i was living In kentucky And florida at the, time and somebody told ME i should go check out In, trotta Which Black desert used to be within the footprint Of, Intrada and so they told me come check it. Out and the short version is my wife AND i came. OUT i stood on the land and the best WAY i can describe it is it was. SUFFOCATING i just had this overwhelming feeling THAT i was supposed to sell everything and move here and just do, this and you, know and it took convincing my wife a little bit to do, that but came out here and it it hit. Me you, know we have six million visitors a. Year we have twice as many visitors As Park city. Has and there wasn't a there. There there was nothing like you go on a hike and then you, know what do you? Do you go to, dinner and then it's, over what do you? Do and so the first part of the vision was the boardwalk with you, know fifteen restaurants and shops and cobblestone streets with no cars and strolling and live music and a place for people to go that's got a sense of. Community and then from there it was, okay now we also need to build a nice, hotel you, know more of a base camp for all the state national. Parks and then it was, like, well if we're going to do, that we need other things to do when people aren't. Hiking so let's build a world class golf, Course let's buy build a world class water. Park let's you, know just all of these things that make it a world class destination resort that the area, really in my, opinion it really. Needed SO i.
Speaker 2: BELIEVE i asked you this last, time and genuinely just curious because just getting A pga event and our state is pretty. Remarkable but as a result of where you're at on the, calendar it's going to be tough to attract some of the top, shelf top name.
Speaker 1: Guys, now the field was fun last.
Speaker 2: Year you had golfers With utah, ties and you had some former major, champs and you had some names that people. Know, ULTIMATELY i just wonder if you're still envisioning a day where the event on THE pga side of things is on a different spot in the calendar in order to attract some of the top name.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 10: Yeah about ALL i can say about that is that we're never you, know we love having THE pga tournament here and if it remained in the, fall we continue to host it and love having. It but of course we're always going to push for the, next the next biggest.
Speaker 3: Thing so.
Speaker 10: That there's been, discussions but there's not any imminent, movement but there are.
Speaker 9: Discussions have you had.
Speaker 2: Any discussions with One Tony final about potentially playing this year regardless of where he's at In?
Speaker 10: October, well he told, Me he told me last year when he couldn't make it because he was captaining his or co captaining his son's first national tournament that he promised you would play this. Year i've talked to, him BUT i have not started to put the pressure on him. Yet so if you're listening To, Tony i'm coming for, You.
Speaker 1: Okay tony's a big listener to the.
Speaker 2: SHOW i can tell you that he's a big fan of the, program so hopefully he's tuned. IN i just, LOOK i don't mean to believe it a point at. All it, just you, know watching that last, year just as a GO i am Picturing scottie And rory And JAT i would imagine as a guy who clearly is a bit of a visionary and looks at things the way you do that some of those some of those visions dance in your.
Speaker 1: Head is that fair to say.
Speaker 10: It's fair to say that that was that was the case before the ink was dry on the on the, sure.
Speaker 1: Sure how's your? Game by the, way what kind of player are?
Speaker 6: YOU i am AN i am a past.
Speaker 8: PLAYER i.
Speaker 10: Have not you, Know i'm embarrassed to say this BECAUSE i used to play thirty six holes a, day seven days a, week and no EXAGGERATION i have not even played black does are?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Why what is going?
Speaker 10: On partially because things are really really super busy and the thought of me being four hours behind on emails and texts and everything is. Exhausting Sure also just WHEN i you, Know i've got, sixids and my first oldest three weren't didn't want anything to do with, golf and then my younger three do, now but my older, didn't and it just kind of got me out of. Golf and SO i like to host the. TOURNAMENTS i love to show the players a great. TIME i love to have that watch the fans have a good. Time AND i don't need TO i don't need the golf to do.
Speaker 2: That, okay fair, enough because you know that gives me confidence that you can be an addict in, recovery because at this, Point i'm very MUCH i don't play thirty six olds seven days a. Week if if IF i, COULD i. Would i'll tell you that, much just out of. Curiosity who are some of the uh just like big name people that you've had down, there that you've hosted down, there outside of like pro, GOLFERS i would imagine you get people from all around the world wanting to play the.
Speaker 10: Track, yeah, yeah, SURE i mean we've had quite a. Bit we Had Drew. BREES i don't know IF i If i'm super comfortable name dropping who's been here or. Not there's we've had some high profile.
Speaker 3: Rock.
Speaker 10: Stars we've had some high profile country. Singers we've you, know you, know we've we've had quite a.
Speaker 1: Few give me one, Name give me one rock star, Name, patrick give me one.
Speaker 9: Name, YEAH i can't do, that all, right all, right.
Speaker 2: Fine, fine uh, no that's, fine that's. Fine uh THEN i will end asking. You how does a humble servant of the people that does four hours of sports soccer radio every day get a tea?
Speaker 1: Time how does that?
Speaker 6: Work you text?
Speaker 1: Me, boom there we.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 1: Porter do you Have Patrick manning cell phone?
Speaker 2: NUMBER i got you all, right done and, Done done and done BECAUSE i had such a great, experience AND i, promise based off of what you've built down, THERE i will not text you every day BECAUSE i feel like we should be best. Friends But i'll just text you maybe once or twice a year to get tea.
Speaker 10: Times if that, works you got it whatever you.
Speaker 1: Need thank, you.
Speaker 2: SIR i appreciate the. Time best of luck with the. Event and hopefully we'll see you.
Speaker 9: Soon, okay, yep Thanks.
Speaker 1: Vince all, right there we.
Speaker 2: Go Patrick, manning managing partner At Recapital, partners the man behind the vision that brought Us Black Desert, resort and my new best.
Speaker 1: Friend no big. Deal do you really have a cell?
Speaker 3: PHONE i?
Speaker 1: Do can you please send it to me right?
Speaker 3: Now, yeah we'll connect you. Guys sounds like you might be good to.
Speaker 2: Go so THE Lpga, TOUR i misread it, earlier is returning To, utah but not returning to The Black Desert championship because ultimately this is the first. Time, so As patrick, referenced if you want to volunteer down, there there are still some opportunities if you go To Black Desert championship dot. Com and then THE Pga tour will make its return coming up In. October and, yeah last year it was a cool. Field i'm not saying that it, wasn't but it just as a result of where it is on the. Calendar a lot of the better players in the world of professional golf do not need the, points do not need The FedEx points because most of the events are past. Us we Had Lucas glover last, year we had a lot of golfers With utah, ties but No tony Fenw matt McCarty one. It Steven jeger is a really good. Player Lucas glover finished. Third, YEAH i Mean Harris english was in the. Field there were some other decent. Names but If patrick and his partners at some point could potentially move this to maybe spring or early, summer maybe at some point we will See Scotty, Scheffler rory, McElroy Justin, Thomas Jordan speith and some of the star golfers in the world of professional golf descend upon our, state which would be very very.
Speaker 1: Cool all, Right patrick stops by today courtsy of our friends At Burt.
Speaker 2: Brothers with over thirty years of experience and nearly thirty, Locations Burt BROTHERS ac certified technicians bring expertise and professionalism to every. Interaction it's a one stop shop for reliable repairs and, maintenance from tires and alignments to fluids and. Breaks tax day saving sales in full swing tires and get one free on Select Goodyear falcon And firestone, tires plus get an extra fifty dollars off on purchases over five hundred dollars using The Burt brothers. Card the Tax day saving Sale Burt brothers also include saving forty dollars on Your valveleene synthetic oil.
Speaker 1: Change so stop by A Burt brothers Or tirebuster's.
Speaker 2: Locations or schedule appointment today to experience the trusted service that has Made Burt brothers A utah favorite for over three. Decades Burt brothers doing it better since day. One The New Orleans pelicans is they've Hired Troy weaver as THEIR vp Of Basketball. Ops Trey weaver was the player personnel director for The jazz back in two thousand and. Seven he was the head scout here back in the day as. Well so Heratulations detroy really good, Dude happy for. Him jimmer For debt has announced that he has retired from. Basketball he was one of the most entertaining college basketball players that we ever had in the. State say whatever you want about, it if you want to hate on, it because all the attention to, receive that's.
Speaker 1: Fine Jim, ormania it. Ruled it was.
Speaker 2: FUN i was on air during that. Time he of course never panned out in the world of THE. Nba something that, well he, said told you SO byu fans were mad at me that year WHEN i said that he was never going to be a high caliber or high QUALITY nba. Player it's not a knock on, him that's just who he was as a, player but a, really really great, dude an unbelievably, electric exciting college basketball. Player college basketball fans in the state will always look back on what that team could have been If Brandon davies was not suspended for THE Ncaa, tournament which just is you, know never. Mind But jimmer has been on the show multiple. TIMES i consider him a friend as much as you can as a media. MEMBER i don't necessarily exist in that space quite a. Bit but drafted by The, kings never fully worked, out spent some time With, chicago spent some time With New, orleans spent some time With New, york spent some time With, phoenix ALSO G league In San, antonio and then went over To china where he was THE mvp of The Chinese Basketball association in twenty. Seventeen he would drop like sixty seventy points, regularly became a real legend over, there and kind of ended his career in the three on three tournament with The, olympics BUT i Know jimmer has faced a lot of, pushback a lot of hate over the, years people labeling him as a bust and. SUCH i kind of equate, it AND i have equated it to The Zach wilson. Situation LIKE i, thought it was pretty easy to see That jimmer was never going to be a GOOD nba. Player but every Time jimmer would take a step down in, competition he would dominate because he had this skill set where if you allowed him to dominate the basketball against lesser, competition he was so dynamic with the ball in his hand and his ability to shoot off the dribble that he was going to be able to get. Buckets he was never a great catch and shoot. Guy that was kind of his main. Deal he was never able to get a shot off AGAINST nba defenders because he really was more of a shoot it off the bounce, guy and he did not have the speed or the size to be able to get a shot off AGAINST nba. Defenders and also he was not quick enough to be AN nba point. Guard so NO nba coach was going to Give Jim erfredet the basketball the Way Dave rose gave him the.
Speaker 1: Basketball with the greenness of Green.
Speaker 2: Lights but then he would go down to THE G league and he would drop like forty AND byu fans like he just needs the right landing, spot he needs the right. Coaching no like IN byu fans doing this revisionist historian. Stuff, well if he was never drafted by The, kings they did him. Dirty he played For Greg, popovich he played For Alvin, gentry he played for some of the best offensive coaches in THE. Nba he could just never get a shot off the way that he did in college or In china or in THE G, league and that's why it never worked out on THE nba. Level BUT i don't Consider jimmer For debt a bust at. All glenn's Falls New, york this podunk town in Upstate New york and took the college basketball world by storm and ended up making millions of dollars playing, professionally even though it didn't work out in THE.
Speaker 1: Nba, porter give me A jimmer for. That Take jimmer, good. Dude in, fact reach.
Speaker 2: Out to, him please see if he'll come on the show now that he's announced his. Retirement but what do you make of this kind of fun ride That jimmer for dett took us all.
Speaker 4: On, yeah, man obviously one of the most exciting and entertaining basketball players at the college level that we've ever.
Speaker 3: Seen here in the state Of.
Speaker 4: Utah and you can you can start a list if you want, to but there's a really short, one maybe three players, long when you're talking about collegiate basketball players in the state Of utah as far as how good they actually were while they were. Here now you mentioned, it THE nba stuff didn't. WORK i like you kind of saw that With Jim er just his skill set.
Speaker 3: Similar To.
Speaker 4: ZACH i like the parallel you. MADE i think Obviously jimmer was a much better college, player but the transition right from the college level to the pros gave them similar, STRUGGLES i think in finding their. Footing and you, know With jim Or, yeah maybe AN nba bust when you look at just the totality of what he was expected to maybe. Do but like you, said spent a decade fifteen years playing professional, basketball made a bowload of, money grew the game, overseas and had a really, really really good career even on the home of the. Youths you can admit. That and like you, said a good guy always always happy to join the shows and a net benefit to the the state of sport when it comes To, utah especially on the hoop.
Speaker 2: SIDE i was court side When jimmer dropped forty seven on the utes here The huntsman hit a half court shot at the buzzer at. HALFTIME i was court side watching him drop forty three On Kawhi leonard In San Diego state back in the Old Mound West conference. Tournament, see he was a joy to, watch and he's a really really good, dude and So i'm happy for. Him as we, say goobout, It, Jimmifer, dad he's officially retired from the game of. Basketball all, RIGHT nba playoffs, Tonight Stanley cup playoffs. Tonight but tomorrow it is THE Nfl Draft. Porter what comes our?
Speaker 1: Way on a draft day edition of the.
Speaker 4: Program on A thursday edition Of The Drive, Spence we'll start things off in studio with The Big, Dave Big Dave. Check its a lot of news ON rsl on kind of the state of sport in the market, here so plenty you can get to with One Dave. Check its talking to SOME nfl draft With Zach, Moss Mike yam with a LITTLE nfl action as. Well and YES i did shoot a text to our Guy Jim er for a. Debt we'll see if we get him on the. Show if not, tomorrow hopefully in the near. Future he's not as BUSY i guess not playing any.
Speaker 1: Basketball very.
Speaker 2: Nice, yeah it'd be good to catch up With Jim. Er but that'll be a Fun thursday. Show join us for.
Speaker 1: That we'll say.
Speaker 2: Goodnight special thank you To Sam, Brockhouse Neil, Smith Chris camaronnie And Patrick. Manning freddy the sound you made miss from the, show go to the. Website it IS espn seven Hundred sports Dot com. Downloader mobile. APP espn seven hundred app is available for free in The Google store in The apple Play. Store and, then, finally for what we do in our space every afternoon for four, hours check out our podcast page which is called The drive With. Spence check it's that is available wherever your. Shows, subscribe rate, reviews AND i sings in the, comments give us all the. Stars it actually does help out for. Porter I'm spence saying, tonight enjoy Your wednesday. Evening we'll talking on A Thursday drive and as, always you can find that right here ON espn seven hundred ninety two F. M we are proud to be part Of utah Z Espn radio.
Speaker 1: Network mm hmm