Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: This just in By the way, Bill, no listener were compensated their appreciation of KFI. Nothing was given to them, and they did it on their own fortune.
Speaker 3: That's fake news.
Speaker 2: No, you're fake news.
Speaker 3: No, of course I'm fake news. But that's fake news.
Speaker 2: You're fake Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle. It is the Thursday.
Speaker 4: Now Bill Handle here and the morning crew right up until nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 4: If you're up, welcome, and if you're asleep, doesn't matter what I say.
Speaker 3: Let me say a quick hello to one and all.
Speaker 2: Neil, good morning, good morning. You know that clip that Cono just played from the yesterday ed gare Goes from Wendy said, you know what's funny is conservatives say fake news, Liberals say misinformation.
Speaker 4: And Wendy says, we have square burgers and they're delicious and they are good, and they are good. Wendy's yeah, and Neil, one of the best lines. They don't cut corners.
Speaker 2: It's not mine, that's what they say.
Speaker 3: It's very strong, all right, and you're wearing a Disneyland T shirt.
Speaker 2: Neil, Yeah, I was at Disneyland yesterday. Of course you were visiting the park again today. Of course you were beautiful right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure how crowded is the park?
Speaker 2: It was great yesterday. They were Okay, that means it.
Speaker 3: Was very proud.
Speaker 5: Okay, you just don't like people, That's true.
Speaker 4: I love Disneyland. When I used to go February March midweek, you know, thirty forty years ago, there was five there were five thousand people in the park.
Speaker 3: You did not wait one minut it.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't let you actually stay on a ride at the end, so you had to walk around and go back right onto the ride.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? The place was.
Speaker 2: Such a fan? Am I? That they have a new Q new line set up for the Haunted Mansion, and I was excited to stand in that. I was excited to be in the new line, not just the ride. Okay, the park looks great, No.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: I've been there a few holiday times. Oh my god, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: All right, and good morning, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Kno, there you are? Yes, I am and Amy. Hello, you're on your phone.
Speaker 5: Amy, I'm doing a post to Instagram for a week.
Speaker 3: You don't let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You don't broadcast and text at the same times, like texting and driving.
Speaker 3: You're going to get a ticket for that.
Speaker 2: You show crashes on its own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, a little bit of news. Very excited tomorrow. You know that my Dogcci we had to put down last week. Uh, Gucci is completely dead and so, uh Gucci replacement is coming in tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And is that the dogs replacement?
Speaker 4: That's dogs, Yeah, that's a Gucci replacement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a strange name for a dog.
Speaker 4: But so anyway, Lindsay was so devastated, uh, that she couldn't deal with it.
Speaker 3: So I'm the one that had to handle uh.
Speaker 4: As she said, You've got to take care of the cremation and get the ashes back, and I said absolutely.
Speaker 3: I took guc to a taxidermist.
Speaker 4: Uh just wait, it's gonna be very tough, Uhgerie replacement.
Speaker 3: No, im talking about the Gucci replacement.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, it's gonna be the stocking stuffer. You're going to see you just a stiff leg sticking out from the stocking. Uh. It's gonna be a tough Chris for her. I'll tell you that, right, now, all right.
Speaker 2: If you want me to do any animatronics on it, I'm happy to that's right.
Speaker 4: You could do that, yeah, just moving around a little stiff.
Speaker 3: But the remote they need a remote, the remote control. Right.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the thought of a stuffed dead dog that you loved walking around via a remote control is.
Speaker 3: Beyond I mean beyond delicious.
Speaker 2: People do have their their former pets.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, Oh I we know someone who does. And it's and it's up on the mantle. That's pretty strange you're talking about, Michelle.
Speaker 2: It is. It is synthetic. It's not the actual dog. It's incredibly realistic looking. Okay, it's a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like when you go to a sushi restaurant and they have the plastic sushi in the window and it looks incredibly realistic.
Speaker 3: But it's not.
Speaker 2: Her husband Tim passes away. You think she's gonna have a replica of him made.
Speaker 4: Now I think she's gonna actually stuff him. Have you ever been to the Roy Rogers Museum in the Antelope Valley?
Speaker 3: You know he.
Speaker 4: Stuffed Roy Rogers stuffed Trigger, his dog, I mean taxidermist. I mean that's Trigger. When his wife, Dale Evans died that happened too. So she's next to Trigger, all right, and I think that when he dies or he did die already, he goes up there next to Trigger and Dale Evans. You've got a stuffed trio there Horse Dale Roy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we've done enough.
Speaker 2: I think we just had Friday's show already.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, what a way to start the show, huh uplifting Just yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Guys. Ready, handle on the news, Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 2: Take this job and shoving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a shocker.
Speaker 4: FBI director Chris Ray says he is going to leave the FBI as a director at the end of Joe Biden's term January twentieth. He hadn't decided whether he was going to be fired, which Donald Trump was going to do thirty seconds after being sworn in, because Trump had already nominated that Cash Patel as a new FBI director. We'll talk about that certainly as they that hearing goes on. So what's kind of interesting about this is that Trump nominated Chris Ray. He was Trump's nominee the first time out, so because of the raid on mar A Lago, because of the FBI being involved in all of what is perceived by MAGA people, the anti Trump movement. Chris Ray is gone. He was thinking of actually being fired. I'm not quitting. You're fired. No no, I quit first. No no, no, no, you're fired. You're fired right now. I've just quit.
Speaker 3: It's one of those lovely situations.
Speaker 5: The evidence is piling up. The three D printed gun that Healthcare CEO killing suspect Luigi Mangioni had when he was arrested this week at McDonald's in Pennsylvania matches three shell casings found at the scene of the crime in Midtown Manhattan, and then also his fingerprints apparently match those that investigators found on items near the scene of the assassination on December fourth, his fingerprints on the Starbucks cup and on the kind bar that he bought at Starbucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so for the first time they now have direct evidence where up to this point it was a circumstantial evidence, that is, he was in the area. He looked like the guy, he had a hoodie much the same as the other guy the backpack, and the lawyer could argue, does that mean he was there? Is it possible he wasn't there? Is it possible that the police mistakenly thought he was someone else. I mean, just throw a lot out there. You've heard circumstantial evidence. Now, circumstantial evidence you can be convicted of that if it's overwhelming.
Speaker 3: Now we have.
Speaker 4: Direct evidence, fingerprints on the weapon weapon connected to the killing.
Speaker 3: That's direct evidence. And it's going three D printed gun.
Speaker 2: And they're saying it was nine milimeters. I thought originally they were saying it was twenty two.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and that was what twenty two If you look at it, it sure doesn't look like a twenty two, but then I can't tell. But whatever it is, they're saying that was the one that was used. Originally, the report came out that they thought that was a stun gun kind of thing that was used in the.
Speaker 3: Killing of cattle at slaughterhouses.
Speaker 4: So it's and so the evidence is mounting mounting, mounting, mounting.
Speaker 3: He's fighting extradition.
Speaker 4: I have no idea how he's well, he's not going to win that because the bar is so low to move to extradise someone. It's it's overwhelming. I mean, there's going to be a mountain of evidence. They may not even you know, I mean they just say, you know, too bad. Sometimes the prosecution doesn't plead no, not interested in the plea bargain. Let's go to trial where the evidence is so overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Okay, what a difference a day makes. So the world continues to change. The US US IS key anti ISIS partner in Syria said just yesterday that the ISIS detention facility there that they guard it's coming under attack and they've been forced to halt Anti ISIS operations. This complicates the US military's efforts, obviously to prevent the terror group from reconstituting following the ouster of the Syrian president. So US officials are scrambling right now. We obviously don't want them to regroup in Syria, but I'm not sure how we prevent that at this point.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 4: We just keep on moving and hopefully the insurgents, well, who's worse a sod or the those that basically are connected to ISIS. Take your choice, right, which poison?
Speaker 2: Did you take? Everything old is new again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, that's a whole lot of money for a bunch of empty beds. Over a five year period from twenty nineteen to twenty three, city Controller Kenneth Mahea announced that one in four city funded shelter beds went unused that cost LA taxpayers about two hundred and eighteen million dollars. Mahia's office released the findings of an audit that evaluate the LA Homeless Services Authority, or LASA. The whole idea is to transition people from interim to permanent housing, but it also shows that in that five years, only one in five interim shelter residents were placed into permanent housing. More than half of the people who were given beds then went back out onto the streets or they don't know where they went.
Speaker 4: Let's spend more money and see if that helps. Because we don't have enough beds. You know that we have to move towards more empty beds that we're paying for.
Speaker 3: How do you fix this? I don't even know.
Speaker 4: It's not that these people don't try, because they do. And it's not that they're not good people. I'm talking about those who are helping the homeless. They are good people. It's just the the problem is so insanely complicated, almost insurmountable.
Speaker 2: Well, they work so hard for the money rather than working hard to find a solution.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, not necessarily, there are people that are really involved in helping the homeless people.
Speaker 3: They're really there, they really are. I don't know any but I.
Speaker 2: Know that are that's coming from a liberal Jews into this next story.
Speaker 3: A liberal Jew.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, just as just ask a couple of liberals out there and they'll describe me as that.
Speaker 2: Right. No, that's that's my way of segueing into this story.
Speaker 3: Oh got it, Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Gosh, hate crimes are up usually for bill Handle here in Los Angeles County. They rose to their highest level in forty three years. That's as as of twenty twenty three, jumping forty five percent over the previous year. And this is you know, you're talking since the annual analysis began in nineteen eighty and there's thirteen hundred and fifty reported I hate crimes in the county last year. That's up from nine hundred and thirty the prior year. But you're talking about Blacks, Asians, Jews, Latinos, Latinas, LGBT, transgender people. Wow, that's that covers a lot of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: How can you imagine one person who's all of those trying to walk down the street.
Speaker 3: You know, it'd very tough, be very tough. Oh, by the way, the number of crimes. These were reported crimes, not incidents either, not just calling someone you philthyed you or you black or I mean whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, this the uh, the normal horrific statements that are made, which they don't even count those because by.
Speaker 3: The what thousands, hundreds of thousands. So it's it's tough right now. I mean, we are in a world where there's a lot of period.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you think hate is up, period.
Speaker 4: I think yes. I don't think hate is up. I think the allowance of hate is up. That means allowance in the sense of it's being allowed where you don't have to hide hate anymore because now it's just considered part of society. I can hate you, I can make fun of your race, I can make fun of your religion. Wow, I just described the show, didn't I I'm allowed to do that and society doesn't put that down anymore.
Speaker 3: It's accepted. And that's the part that is so horrible. It just is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's but it's only accepted with some You don't hear a whole lot of no, no.
Speaker 4: But enough people where it used to be before, you know, the analogy. I always make the crazy conspiracy theories. Uh, the only way you.
Speaker 3: Could ever hear them, they were on the screen street corner with a bullhorn.
Speaker 4: Now they affect millions of people on the Internet, and look at the number of followers there are with the crazies.
Speaker 2: But that's just a bigger bullhorn. It's the reality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you have a big enough fullhorn, you're talking to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do one more and then we'll take a break.
Speaker 5: Look up in the sky. Yeah, it's a drone. In fact, it's a lot of drones. There have been drone sightings across the state of New Jersey for weeks now. Officials are saying something's up, Residents are freaking out. The military is saying, we don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do this story at seven twenty and there is one basic question that is not being answered, that is so obvious. And you'll hear about that at seven twenty and you'll go, yep, yep, that's exactly true.
Speaker 2: All right, what a story. Hanna Kobyashi has been found safe, her family said yesterday, more than a week after police already declared her voluntary missing the midfears she had been abducted or put into some sort of sexual crime or something like that. So the family comes out and says, we are incredibly relieved and grateful that Hannah has been found safe. The strange thing is there's there's nothing said on this ex post about whether indicating whether kobyashi where she was, or if she's with family, or how they determined she was safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the cops were looking.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was a huge search, and they decided, you know, what she did by herself. There's no crime here. You can disappear. It just turns out that she just hates people, which is why she's filling in for me, by the way, when I'm on vacation.
Speaker 3: That's it, bottom line, allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: There by Lax as well, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: She just left, all right, flies into Lax, doesn't border play in New York and says I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: But there's probably more to this story. I wonder if we're ever going to hear you're again, as you said, like the dad committed suicide, Well, why because he thought his daughter was dead or because he did something and felt guilty about it? The hell knows, I know, right, interesting, like he needs more money. Elon Musk has become the first person to reach four hundred billion dollars in net worth. It's the latest mild stone for the world's richest person. The most recent catalyst was sale of his privately held SpaceX, an insider share sale that boosted his net worth by about fifty billion, and then Tesla's shares also rallied to an all time high yesterday, pushing his fortune to four hundred and forty seven billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Now this stat stunned me. Okay, this story out of Yahoo. And if you put together the fortunes of the world's richest five hundred people, we're talking five hundred people.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's ten trillion dollars, which is more than the combined gross domestic products Germany, Japan and Australia. And that's combined. I mean, it is insane. Remember when someone hit a billion dollars in net worth, it was just in just it was an incredible figure. Now there's a good chance your neighbor has more than a billion dollars in net.
Speaker 3: Worth, four hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: One guy, They would look at you as poor.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm dirt poor. Compared to it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean yeah, I mean it's not even that. I mean there are people that are obviously far, far richer than I am. I know.
Speaker 3: You you pretend that I have all.
Speaker 4: This money, well in this group of five, Well, yes, because I have secondary jobs.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you guys, don't I have? I have other jobs.
Speaker 2: Study Look at everybody here has other jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know it's like you go to seven eleven and you realize a guy behind the counter on weekends is a cardiologist because he's Indian.
Speaker 2: He eats the money. Yeah, really, yeah, they are.
Speaker 3: You know that's right.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't be a cardiologist in southern California unless you're Indian.
Speaker 3: You know that. That's you have to put that down on the application.
Speaker 2: You know what when I visited India, Tracy and I went on our honeymoon. Actually yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Entire country was cardiology schools.
Speaker 2: And medical schools. There really are medical schools and business schools everywhere in India.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, it's world class medicine.
Speaker 4: That doesn't stop people from being cardiologists and working at seven to eleven on weekends.
Speaker 2: I suppose not.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: US President elect Donald Trump is having a party and inviting his friends, even those from China. So US President elect Donald Trump has invited Chinese president Jijimping Jijimping rather, and he wants him to attend his inaugural inauguration next month on January twenty. If come one, come a hang out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I mean, there's no Chinese president that has ever come to.
Speaker 3: An inn, to an inauguration.
Speaker 4: He wants him to come. He's even saying pandax threats is going to cater this thing.
Speaker 5: He did not say that.
Speaker 2: Ooh, we just start booing Bill.
Speaker 3: Booh, did I read that wrong? Oooh, okay, Aby pardon me? Ooh, good job.
Speaker 5: President Joey Biden, I know, right, has commuted sentences of about fifteen hundred people and also pardon thirty nine people who were convicted of non violent crimes. Most of the people who we commuted the sentences they were released from prison and on home confinement because of the pandemic. But it was the single biggest day act of clemency in modern history. Former President Obama had the next highest tality. It was like three hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know Trump's going to beat that because you know, he's got twenty five hundred individuals that were just at the capital of overrunning the capital. But if now gotten to the point with Presidents Biden fifteen hundred individuals in one day, I guess now President's pardon people that they've met once at parties. Hey, Hi, I'm President President Biden. Would you like a pardon? And President and President Trump, president elect Trump is going to do the same thing.
Speaker 3: I think the difference though, is these.
Speaker 4: Are non violent criminals that Biden is is pardoning, and you're going to see Trump pardon people that were on inside.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 2: What thirty nine of them were convicted of non violent crime, but the.
Speaker 4: Rest they were commuted. They weren't pardoned, the sentences were commuted, they.
Speaker 2: Were were actually related to Biden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my point. That's my point. Okay, we'll take a break and come back. Yeah, we're coming back. Don't be funny, Neil, that's my job. Okay, God, I resent that. And here's what Neil, your job fun that's correct. I Here's what really pisses me off is when Neil says something that I wish I had said, and that is something that Neil, you shouldn't be able to do. Man, you must hate every day, every day, every hour of every day, every waking hour, and sometimes even in my dreams.
Speaker 3: Amy, You guys are making a very.
Speaker 4: Big deal and it's a reasonable deal of this little kitten on the ninety one.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, little tiny kitten.
Speaker 4: Now, next report is going to be as cars are swerving around to miss the kitten, there'll be a crash with fourteen people dead. And that doesn't count the bust full of kindergarteners that they're on their way to school.
Speaker 5: Well, hopefully not. The kitten's on the median, sitting there because some jerko dropped it off there.
Speaker 4: Probably, Okay, I'm not arguing that, not arguing that, just saying, would you swerve around a kitten, yes, on the freeway, knowing you're gonna die in a crash?
Speaker 5: Okay you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: No, No, that cat is getting Destroyed's got kids, man, Daddy, you got to come home.
Speaker 3: See there you go.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they'll get a well, they'll run a police a break.
Speaker 4: If they did that, I would. It's like I was once on a train where on the way to San Diego, and some jerk decided that he didn't want to live anymore. He stepped in front of a moving train. You know, obviously didn't survive very long. They stopped the train for four hours. We were stuck on that train. The corner took an hour to show up, and they're scraping pieces. They could have taken a garden hose and just cleaned the tracks, and thank you.
Speaker 3: We're on our way.
Speaker 2: No, you wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you.
Speaker 6: I have actually stopped on the freeway for a kitten, and.
Speaker 2: Do it safely.
Speaker 6: Absolutely on the five freeway. It was there was traffic. We're going about twenty and I just started. I slowed down. I stopped my car. I got out, and so did all the people behind me trying to get the kitten.
Speaker 3: And that kitten probably had Rabi's No here, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Let's finish handle on a line now with Amy, Neil and me.
Speaker 2: This has been It's a wonderful life with Bill Handle all right. Uh, I don't know if I like these things or not. Next week, California will launch a new statewide incentive program offering up to two thousand dollars towards the purchase of a new electric bike for income eligible residents. So here's the thing with these e bikes. They're beautiful and they're really neat, but because they have pedals, they're treated like bikes and not motor vehicles, which.
Speaker 3: They are forty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: But you know what, there is a technicality because that's why they have pedals. That's why they have pedals so they can get around the you know, heavy you can also use the pedals.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can use it, but no one does. You know, I don't see anybody on any bike, and you see them all over the place. California is offering two thousand dollars towards the purchase. Welcome to California.
Speaker 2: My well, just that it's more idiots that Now you've got those those scooters. They're all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all over the place.
Speaker 2: Get off my lawn.
Speaker 5: The NFL still riding with jay Z. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he's standing by jay Z, even though he has been accused of raping a thirteen year old with Sean Combs back in twenty thirteen somewhere around there. Jay Z, of course, is denied. He calls them heinous accusations.
Speaker 3: This is one accusation.
Speaker 4: From an unnamed person who has filed a lawsuit. That's very different than what happens to P. Diddy in terms of the number of people, or Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. And if I were Roger Goodell, I would do the same thing. This is an accusation. Now, if it comes to fruition, different story. But people jump on these pretty quickly, and you know, the accusations come now.
Speaker 3: Do I believe it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sort of resonates, but you know, because they hang out together and get rap stars and all of that.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: It Wasn't there a time where senators were stepping down because there were pictures of them holding their hands in front of a sleeping woman's breasts.
Speaker 3: No, that was Al Franken.
Speaker 4: That's that one. That was and he was an idiot to step down. It's just see how right things changed.
Speaker 2: Dog also had as made against him and he was able to participate in I think a halftime show or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, And when you talk about changing times, I'm a baby boomer, which meant a lot of my colleagues fought a lot of people I knew fought in Vietnam and when they came back, they couldn't wear their uniforms because they were spit on. Today, it's thank you for your service, as it should be, as.
Speaker 2: It should be.
Speaker 4: But can you imagine coming back in uniform in the seventies and you'd be spit on because you were in uniform.
Speaker 2: Actually, can't imagine that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that was then.
Speaker 2: But you know what the good thing is now they're seeing for the work they did and you're spit on.
Speaker 3: So just right, Yeah, but that's a given. One more story.
Speaker 4: And this is where I was wrong because I said that you needed a million dollars in savings to retire comfortably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bump that up. A new analysis suggests that Californians would need two point three million dollars saved up if they want to retire comfortably for twenty years. Now, if you want to put that into like relatable numbers to achise achieve that retirement threshold, that would mean saving over forty three one hundred dollars a month starting at the age of twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, how can anybody do that?
Speaker 3: And this is for twenty years.
Speaker 4: So let's say you retire sixty five, you hit eighty five, which is a very good chance, especially if you're sixty five. Now you're going to hit eighty five. So what do you do at the end of twenty years. You move into a dumpster. Because it becomes so insanely expensive to live in California. I don't know how people do it. I don't know how people do it. My daughter wants to buy a house.
Speaker 3: I just start laughing. How does she do that? She can't. It's impossible, and she and her husband both work impossible. You go to Carroll Street downtown La. You ever been there.
Speaker 4: Carroll Street has the houses that were put on this street the turn of the last century, late eighteen hundreds. There are houses there that were bought by milk men and were able to afford housing. You know, the guys who delivered used to deliver milk door to door.
Speaker 3: It's it's a different world.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but those houses are gorgeous. If you've never seen them, day, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know, they're beautiful. You know.
Speaker 4: The two by fours are actually two by fours and named and they were made out of redwood, and it was it was artisans who built the house.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it is a different world. All right, we're done.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Kf I am sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 4: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app