Speaker 1: God Channeling is dinner Clerk, get them dives bakes the cat backhand signed Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 2: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I do it best.
Speaker 6: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padre's fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 5: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas O, Hi everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. Hope you're well on this Wednesday afternoon. You're a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. They're doing well at forty nine and thirty one on this season, and they just keep on win is. They started a six game road trip yesterday with a win over the Colorado Rockies. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, he'll get the start in game two of this three game set from the mile Highest City. First pitch from Course field is coming up at five forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, including hearing from US Open champion J J. Spawn, a San Demis, California resident born and raised and.
Speaker 2: Also a huge La Dodgers fan.
Speaker 1: You saw his scorecard during the US Open, they had the Dodger logo on it. He bleeds blue and JJ Spawn, fresh off the win in the US Open of Golf, is going to join and go one on one with David Vasse that's coming up in about forty minutes. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. DV will check in throughout the show. Of course, shortly we'll head down to the field with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at La, and in just a few minutes we will check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, in the series opener, it was a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Jack Dryer got the first inning and then Justin Robleski held it down for five solid hitting, striking out seven along the way. It was a wild back and forth game. The Rockies jumped out to a one to nothing lead, then they jumped out to a two to nothing lead. After three and the fourth inning, the Dodgers finally got on the board to Oscar Hernandez. An RBI ground out made it a two to one game. Andy pie has a fielder's choice that tied the game of two. Then in the fourth still, Michael Conforto went deep Andforido.
Speaker 8: Had a leadoff doubled in the third and was stranded at second stretch by Marquez Rocky right handed throws.
Speaker 3: There goes Pie has s Paul.
Speaker 6: Drilled deep right field, way back and gone off the facing of the upper deck. A three run home run from Michael Confordo, and the Dodgers lead the game for.
Speaker 3: The first time tonight.
Speaker 4: It is five to two.
Speaker 6: Oh what a rocket off the bat of Confordo, his fifth home run of the season.
Speaker 1: Three run shot for Michael Conforto four hundred and twenty feet. As the Dodgers weren't done yet, Mookie Betts in RBI double that made it a six to two Dodgers lead as they score six runs in the fourth inning to take the lead. The Rockies would answer back in the bottom of the fifth Dodgers would counter in the top of the sixth show Hey O'tani a two run home run, his twenty seventh of the season. Dodgers were up eight to three and the seventh when the Rockies chipped away with a run in the seventh. Then they scored three more in the eighth. They cut it to an eight seven Dodgers lead. Things getting a little tight at Corus Field in Denver until the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez a huge insurance.
Speaker 8: Run Dodgers in one run games this year of fourteen to nine, and tay Oscar belts went deep to left center field, of the deepest part of the yard, gonna get down and.
Speaker 4: Roll to the wall.
Speaker 8: Already the third ist Moncie, He's gonna head home and he will score. It's a one out run scoring double for Teoscar Hernandez and the Dodgers lead at nine to seventh.
Speaker 5: You know, did he hit that hard?
Speaker 2: My goodness, ta Oscar Hernandez with the RBI double. That was huge.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers up to go to the bottom half of the ninth inning. Tanner Scott finished off when he started in the eighth inning. Dodgers get the win yesterday in Denver, nine to seven is the final. Justin Robleski five innings, seven strikeouts, he gets the win. He's now three and two Tanner Scott and inning in a third. He picked up his sixteenth save of this season. Sixteen runs, twenty eight hits combined between the Dodgers and Rockies. Welcome to Denver in baseball in the Mile High City, and they're gonna do it again tonight, game two of his three games, said Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at five forty with more, let's head out to the Kalputa Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 8: This is going to be a pleasant night here in the Mile High City. Blue skies and some white puffy clouds up above cors Field right now, but it should be a really really pleasant June evening here in Denver as the Dodgers and the Rockies get set for Game two of this three game series. Last night, the Dodgers winning nine to seven. That's a typical game here in Colorado. There's usually a lot of run scored in this Ballpark, and they have been over time, but the Dodgers have done some good damage here. You go back to the twenty ninth of June of twenty twenty two. The last twenty games here at Corsfield, the Dodgers have won fifteen of them and they're looking to win another one here tonight. Yoshinobu Yamamoto six and six with a two seven six earned run average, will take on Chase Dolander. Dolander two and seven, the rookie with a six to nineteen ERA, and he's been tested early in his rookie season and mo the Dodgers since the last twenty games have averaged seven one point seven runs a game here. They lead major League Baseball almost six runs a game, and it seems like on most nights runs aren't a problem, especially when they come here to Colorado, and.
Speaker 5: We're going to find out tonight because for Yamamoto, in games that he has pitched, the doctors have not given him a great number of runs. So it's Dodger Ball Club now. With that victory last night, they have spent sixty four days in first place in the Western Division. They start today four and a half in front of San Francisco five and a half in front of the sandigop Andres, but winning eight of ten, they have averaged well, they've averaged six point eight runs a ball game. That's not been the case when Yamamoto has been on the bounds. So they need to kick it into gear tonight.
Speaker 3: Seems like tonight's the night that they're going to get him some runs.
Speaker 5: Might as well be. And for Michael Confordo kick it into gear last night as he had a double his first at bat in the three run home run, hit it in the fourth inning. And for Confordo, how much confidence now does he have? He changed the bat model. He says, it's better balance for him. He's opened up the stance, little bit of a late kick and hopefully last night is just the signs of good things to come for Michael Conforto.
Speaker 8: Dalton Rushing doing the catching tonight. Dave Roberts thought this was a better spot for him in this road trip, and he's going to catch twice on the road trip. I didn't really want him catching the day game tomorrow. I thought Will Smith would be a better fit for the day game tomorrow, and so he catches Yamamoto tonight. I caught up with Dalton just a little while ago, and he's looking forward to seeing the split of Yamamoto tonight, trying to catch it here. But also he's hit at altitude before. Around the Pacific Coast League. There are cities like you know, Albuquerque and Las Vegas that have high altitude, so he's accustomed to that, and he's hoping that Yamamoto has a good curve ball tonight. But Dalton rushing gets the start. He's excited to swing the bat in this part.
Speaker 5: He's also aware of the fact that at altitude, and especially when it's warm, you must hydrate and you can't just kick it into gear that day. Dodgers have been kicking in the gear a few days even prior to this trip. It's very very important. It's going to be warm, Tomorrow's going to be pleasant this evening, but hopefully the Dodgers' offense is going to be very unpleasant for the Rockies.
Speaker 8: Pitching sho Hey O'tani another home run against the Rockies. In his last thirteen games against the Rockies, he has eight home runs.
Speaker 5: Well. There's also a record that was said last night by Otani that was overlooked by a lot of people. He had his twenty seventh home run, two run blasts in the sixth inning. That is a Major League record now for the most home runs by a leadoff hitter in the team's first eighty games of a regular season. The prior holder of the record Brady Anderson, who hit twenty six in the first eighty games. That was in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 8: And also it was his three hundredth professional home run. He had forty eight while in Japan, two hundred and fifty two now in the United States, so he's got three hundred as a professional, So it was a milestone home run for him as well. Yoshinobo Yamamoto looking for a win here in Colorado tonight. Chase Dolander, the rookie right hander. His opposition next to pitching matchup as we count it down to the first pitched him.
Speaker 1: As we count you down, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Yeah, what are your Shaky's pizza checking the Moojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here at Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts we'll.
Speaker 5: Check in with DV.
Speaker 1: He'll go one on one with JJ Spahn, professional golfer and diehard Dodgers fan.
Speaker 2: He's just won the US Open at golf.
Speaker 1: We'll check in with JJ spahd coming up in about thirty minutes. We'll break down this pitching match up up next. So you're Otani rewind and we'll head down live to the field to Kirsten Watson from Sports in LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kasey, is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies from Denver, game two of his three game set. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Chase dolanders the pitching matchup. First pitching Denver, coming up in five forties.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani Rewide, the last starting pitcher or last pitcher in Dodger history to get five runs batted in. Gotta go back to nineteen thirty four Van Lingle Mungo.
Speaker 3: And this one driven to left and deep. This ball heading back, it is gone.
Speaker 6: A home run for Otani, an opposite field shot. Home run number twenty seven, and it is showtime here in Loto.
Speaker 4: Oh what a shot.
Speaker 6: A two run home run and the Dodgers now lead at eight to three.
Speaker 1: Two run shot from show Hey Otani, number twenty seven on this season.
Speaker 2: Now fifty one RBIs on the year.
Speaker 1: That was career home run number three hundred including Japan and Major League Baseball. A milestone yet again with the first of many for show Hey Otani, part of a Dodger's ninety seven win yesterday over the Rockies.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey Kirson now joins us live from Korusfield Endeavor brought to buy Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: Ready to donate your old card? Get him a call at eight seven to seven.
Speaker 1: Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Yoshinobu Yamomoto on the mount and Kirson. A great start to the season. He's kind of gotten a little bit of a rut right now. Four starts in the month of June, he's zero in three with an era north of five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, sometimes just want to turn the page on a month, and right now it feels like I have to imagine for him, June's just not his month at the moment. But even with talking to.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts, he does he's been very adamant in his last really.
Speaker 9: The last two outings that he's due for a good start. Of course, it's getting back to you being Yoshinobu, and obviously he's a player who has such incredible command, and so he has felt what's been missing, especially this month has just been he's been a little bit too five, So let me think mechanical. He says that he thinks it's more of a mindset because all of the misses are consistent misses, they're kind of missing that same spot. So if he can kind of just kind of get back to really being himself and not trying to be too fine, then he does believe that he'll kind of correct some of those things, and actually said that Mark Pryor had a conversation with him recently, so hopefully, you know, it will that conversation will translate to on the matter, we're seeing and the results today.
Speaker 10: But obviously it's going.
Speaker 9: To be past pitching near but he has the stuff to control the strike zone, and you know, he's going up against the team that does seem to have a little bit more swing and miss, and so hopefully he can use that to find different ways to get to the rocky sick hitters.
Speaker 2: Behind the plane. No, Will Smith, Dalton Rushing gets the start today.
Speaker 9: Exactly, and so first and foremost, which is was Will Smith. Dave Robert said yesterday that he only wanted to play two of three here, and you know it tomorrow being a day game. Tomorrow, Bank Kershaw start with a force person having eight strikeouts to three thousand, so it made sense for will Smith to catch him for tomorrow. But if we go back to when Dalton was first called up, they had partnered Dalton with Kershaw and Dave rob was just saying he didn't want to put him with Yo Chinobu at that point, just because some of Yoshi's pitches that splitter out drops a little bit more nuances to it. Things like that can be sometimes challenging. But he feels really good as to where Dalton is at right now. Dalton is a competitor, a professional. He has developed some really good relationships with the pitchers and so we've seen him evolve behind the plate and being where.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers have projected.
Speaker 9: Him to be at this spot. So he's excited to see Dalton catching Yoshino with seeing them work together. So it'll be it should be a fun one. And then also just for Dalton to continue to have some big moments offensively and so hopefully we know a big thing when it comes to run. Support with Yoshinobu is not ideal at the moment, but hopefully today thinks can be different and the Dodgers can get him some support early.
Speaker 2: Get him some support, get him a w We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 1: Still to come here Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll check it with David Beatta, but I'm next at injury report and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts as well. Lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies. First bitch from Denver on this Wednesday's at five forty. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Rockies Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Chase dolaner the pitching matchup, first pitch of five forty.
Speaker 4: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 1: Is it a by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsoon on the Iel Tyler Glass now on the I L. Blake Snell on the I L. You know I threw a bullpen session yesterday. Kind of feels like he's hopefully turned the page and is back on track to making a return to the Dodgers at some point after the All Star break.
Speaker 2: Roki Sasaki on the I L.
Speaker 1: Luis Garcia going to join this Dodgers team here shortly and get back into that Dodgers bullpen. All right, speaking of back, let's get back out to Denver and check out the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 11: The questions for Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave, can you just describe Dave.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: Obviously, I have high expectations for Yoshinobu, and I think for me, as a guy who sees him as a command guy, being too fine and I think we've talked about that quite a bit. Starting count one and zero versus getting ahead one and so this is, uh, you know, this is a team that's going to swing the bats. It's a ballpark that you can't give up free passes, free bases, get behind and counts, and so I think for me, if he's getting strike one, it's going to be a really good night and efficient night.
Speaker 9: You talk about being too fine, is there something that you're looking outside of getting strike one? Of course, but just that you're seeing from him that's showing that he's trying to be too fine, and just how he's executing his pitches.
Speaker 12: I just think that it's just the consistency of being a few inches off that first pitch, and so it's not a mechanical I would almost argue it's more of a mindset about trying to be a little bit too fine, and the misses are consistent, so they're not bad. Misses, but we want to get ahead, so again I think for me is let's just get ahead tonight and use our pitch mix and should be a good knight.
Speaker 1: All right, Hopefully it is a good night for Yoshi Yamamoto. That's Dave Roberts down the dug out. While we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Basse as we lead you up to first bitch Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and the Rockies. Yoshinobi. I'm Amoto on the mound from Denver.
Speaker 7: First pitch of five forty, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse, all right.
Speaker 1: DV the DFH the dead Fish HANDSHAKEE.
Speaker 2: It worked again for you, David Well.
Speaker 3: I worked for Michael Conforto.
Speaker 11: Uh, he was our pregame guest yesterday and obviously you know, I felt bad for the guy. He's been struggling all season long, so you know, I pulled out me and JD Martinez his handshake that got America's DH rolling a couple of years ago, and it worked for Michael Confordo yesterday as well. I saw Confordo in the clubhouse today on the couch. I was waiting for him to approach me, but he never approached me. So he does not have the dead fish handshake today. But what he has is a newly fitted baseball bat, and that may be more of the reason why he succeeded yesterday.
Speaker 3: He told me before the interview.
Speaker 11: That he did get fitted with a new baseball bat, and it's a little bit lighter than the one he's been using this season. Remember, Confordo has tamp you know, a toyed with different bats all season long, including using a torpedo bat. So the Dodgers hooked him up to the technology just like you would for a golf club and came up with a perfectly fitted bat for him in the here and now. And the here and now is Confordo not being able to catch up to fastballs, so yesterday he looked a lot better we'll see whether or not the magic bat works.
Speaker 1: Tonight, David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five Ford f one fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It is time to see Ford in a new light. Take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June.
Speaker 4: Down on the.
Speaker 2: Farm in Okay, see David. Emmitt Sheen had himself a.
Speaker 3: Day, he really did.
Speaker 11: And look, the Dodgers did not send Shean down just because they didn't feel like he could help them or he wasn't performing the way they would like after coming back from Tommy John surgery. It sounded like Dave Robertson the Dodgers just wanted him to avoid pitching here at Coursefield and also having to pitch on regular rest in Kansas City. But emmittt Shean today, six perfect innings, tim six perfect innings in Sacramento, thirteen strikeouts, and you got to give him a little extra credit because it's tough for anybody to perform in the city of Sacramento. Extra bonus points for Emma Shean being able to overcome Sacramento as well.
Speaker 1: David Dalton rushing, we've seen him catch every couple of games. Is he starting to get into a little bit of rhythm here? Is he starting to get more comfortable? He's behind the play tonight.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 11: The one thing I have learned over the course of the last thirteen plus years, when young guys get called up, some do well because they.
Speaker 3: Find a routine quicker than others.
Speaker 11: And Dalton Rushing obviously has been an everyday player throughout his entire college pro career. Now it's a new role where he's backing up Will Smith, playing two or three times a week. He had to find a new routine, and it seems like he has found a new routine because lately when he's been given these opportunities, he's been able to seem a little bit more calm, more patient, And we even saw that in his last start Sunday at Dodgers Stadium, where he was on base four times. So the reason why he settling in is because he has settled into a new routine.
Speaker 2: David, appreciate it. Great stuff.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to your conversation with JJ Spahn coming up, Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: That's in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: The US Open winner joining David Veasse here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck will also dive deeper.
Speaker 2: This pitching matchup, we'll hear from Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment to lead you up to first pitch from Denver on this Wednesday. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Wednesday afternoon. Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Chase Dolander. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five forty dog.
Speaker 3: Who wants the hot?
Speaker 7: It's time for the Haffe Magical Moment. Ditch Magical Present by Howbey hottils well.
Speaker 1: With the Dodgers in Denver taking on the Rockies, we go back to a head to head matchup last year September twenty second, Dodgers and Rockies at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers in the ninth inning, the Little ninth Inning Magic from Showhy and MOOKI.
Speaker 3: Oh two pitch to Mookie. He swings hits a dry, deep left. It's heading back to the wall.
Speaker 5: This ball is done.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 2: It's done, a walk up.
Speaker 13: Winner to Mookie Betts, and the Dodgers come on the way back to win it. Sixty five Bets with a blast and a Mookie moment on a Sunday alone, and the Dodgers win their ninety third game of the season. Oh what a beautiful ending on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: At Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 6: Back to back home runs in the bottom of the night and the Dodgers take the series two games one and remain three games aheadle of podres Well a day off coming tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But Otani, Taizan and.
Speaker 1: Bets wins it Otani and Bets back to back home runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to win a crucial late season September game last year against the Rockies six to five. This year thirty comeback wins, most in baseball last year. More comeback magic that one from Rookie Betts. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hofey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs Local and so great. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back game with Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio A Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 2: Low Dodgers Rockies.
Speaker 1: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the game two of this three game set tiping out of the Dodgers game plan.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, what's your game plan?
Speaker 1: You need one start your future to California Community College financial aid. It's there to help if you need it with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 2: Take advantage of it. It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today at I can go to college dot com and now.
Speaker 7: Joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: All right, Rick, good things happened last night for Michael CONFORDO.
Speaker 3: It might be the new bat, it might be the new stands, or it could be the handshake.
Speaker 5: You know, and it could be the fact that he went on to the pregame interview with David Batsay. Because we have heard rumors you've spread them. Of course, we've heard the rumors that that is a good luck charm, and obviously that paid off last night because for Michael Confordo double his first advent and then the three run home run his next event that was coming in the fourth end and hit the ballhard. Also a couple of other times in the ballgame, and the first time this year that Michael Conforto's had more than one RBI in a single ball game. So does it fall upon the shoulders of David Vasse having him on the pregame show, because if that's the fact, there should be a lot of guys lined up to try and talk to you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that did not happen today. JJ no jj spawn. The US Open champion is going to join us today.
Speaker 5: Well, then he will have good luck as well, I would assume. But it's interesting what you found out yesterday. Let's talk about a little bit more because Michael Conforto as hitters do. I mean, he hasn't just been showing up at the ballpark and you know, munch on lollipops. He's been working. And one of the things that he did that he discussed with you, he has changed his bat now that may not sound like a whole lot to a lot of people, but for a hitter standpoint, it means a lot. If you change the model, if you change the weight, if you change the diameter of the barrel of the bat. And he's also changed what is on the end of the bat the handle as well.
Speaker 3: Rick, you can appreciate this.
Speaker 11: Before yesterday's game, Confordo said, I'll try about anything these days. So I guess being able to change your stands, change the weight to your bat, you've got to make some sort of adjustments.
Speaker 5: And the other part two is not only changing a couple of different things. For example, as you brought it out to me yesterday in the pregame show, he's using a different bat. As far as the knob, the knob is much bigger. Instead of being maybe a half inch thick, it looks like it's about an inch and a half. So in essence, that forces him to choke up quote unquote on the bat a little bit. The other part two is he's taken little weight off the end, not much, maybe an ounce ounce and a half doesn't sound like a whole lot, but a MAT's normally weigh thirty two thirty three ounces we talk ounces instead of pounds. We don't say it bat weighs two pounds, but on the end it's also cupped out that erases a little bit. So he's saying that the balance of the bat is better for him.
Speaker 11: You can say one game breaks you out of a long slump, but how much does it go towards confidence today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you have to start with one, you not. Yeah, Well, hopefully last night is the one, because how much of this is just confidence to begin with? I think it's a lot. Oh, the mechanics, no question. If Freddy Freeman is battly with mechanics, hopefully the mechanics will work out. His frame of reference from a positive standpoint will really improve as well.
Speaker 11: Rick, when you talk about Freddie Freeman, he was bragging to you he was going to take batting practice on the field. At this point, you know, it feels like we've never seen Freddie chase pitches the way he's chasing them now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he is. And Freeman told me on the plane he says, look, I'm going to take batting practice the first day in Denver, which I watched him and you said he was on the field, Yes, he said, I'm going to take home run derby type batting practice. Normally, he's very methodical. He's hit X number of balls first round to love field, He'll tip X number of balls, maybe to right center field, and then you catches, catch can depending upon where the ball is located. But for Freddy Freeman, he's had a difficult time. If you look at the last two weeks with two strengths, he has only one hit in twenty six advtch when he's had two strikes on him. So he's battling and every day it's another effort.
Speaker 11: Course fields are a great place to break out of a slump. You would think in the next two games Freddy might get out of this.
Speaker 5: You know, there was a record that also was overlooked by a lot of people last night when show Heyo Tani hit the two run home run in the sixth inning, he sent a major league record for the most home runs of a leadoff hitter in the team's first eighty games of a regular season. Brady Anderson did it in nineteen ninety six with twenty six home run So again another record by show hey Otani that a lot of people were just well oblivious of it.
Speaker 3: No doubt I had no idea about that one to me that carries more weight than a.
Speaker 5: Combined on I'm here for David to just kind of help you out here.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot, Rick, We'll learn more as we get through this game. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: Guys, coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, whill dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: You're in for a treating.
Speaker 1: Next we go to the world of Golf. JJ Spahn, San dimas guy Dodger fan and oh yeah, just what the US opened a golf a few weeks ago, he joins DV.
Speaker 2: Next high and tight.
Speaker 1: Well, we continue right here on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: That way, as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers ontack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 1: Yoshinobu Yamamoto chases Dolander on the mound. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zench Sushi made fresh onsite daily by professionally trained sushi chefs Precision Passion.
Speaker 2: The tradition.
Speaker 1: You can taste it in every single role, every single platter, every single bowl. You can find zen She at the deli counter right there at Ralphs. You cannot miss it, the zen She handcrafted sushi counter, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 4: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: Well, we're joined right now by a champion, No, not a Dodger World champion, but a champion of the US Open, a proud man from San Demos and everybody was so happy for him from San Demos and raging waters all the way to Dodger Stadium in Alvera Street because he is a huge Dodger fan and he had his Dodgers scorebook out as he was on his way to winning the US Open.
Speaker 3: And that is the one and only JJ spawn JJ. Thanks a lot for calling in appreciate it, hey, David.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no problem, Thanks for having me on last to be on the phone with you.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's meant to be.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers winning the World Series in twenty four and a Dodger fan named JJ Spahn winning the US Open.
Speaker 10: This year. I know, right, Yeah, it's been an incredible year for me. And you know, to back up a World Series win for the city of la with the twenty twenty five US Open, I'm, you know, super humbled and proud to be the US Open and you know, keep that trophy in Southern California.
Speaker 11: JJ I spotted your score book with the leather Dodger cover on it, and that kind of tipped us all off that you're a big Dodger fan. Have you had that score book a long time or was that special for the US Open.
Speaker 10: I've actually had it for a really long time. My father in law does an annual Christmas gift for me where he gives me a new yardage book cover, so we carry yardage book covers that has all the course notes in it, and you know, with commidity and rain and stuff, it gets wet, so you usually have a leather cover and people like to personalize there. So my father in law has always put a Dodger's theme on it. I have a World Series one, but the authentic Dodgers one has been my favorite for the last few years. So yeah, it's been in my back pocket for the last four or five years and it's definitely part of you know, my my lucky routine, my lucky charm for me on the course.
Speaker 3: That's really special.
Speaker 11: And you know, we we saw your Instagram page where a couple of years ago you actually showed up at Chase Field to take a photo with Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite Dodger? How long have you been a Dodger fan?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I've I've been a Dodger fan since I can remember, you know, really young. My grandfather used to hold season tickets and would treat us to games, you know, weekly or monthly whenever we could get out of school and stuff during the week. But yeah, I've always been, you know, a huge Dodger fan. It really kind of escalated and you know my high school and college years during the you know, Manny Ramirez andres You're Matt Camp, you know, Era and Kersh. So that's kind of when it really grew into a passion for me. But yeah, you know, it's it's such a great organization and there's so many great players that come through it's hard to just pick one. But yeah, it was fun to see Mooki and Freddie actually Mooki was my pro am partner at the Pebble Beach Pro Am three years ago, so that was that was a great treat to you know, get to play fifty four holes with him and get to know him a little bit. So we've kept in touch a little bit here and there throughout the years in between, and it's been fun. So it's nice to have, you know, a connection with with some players that are on the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Did Mookie Betts send you a text after you won the US Open?
Speaker 10: Yes, you sure did. Yeah, and his his wife texted my wife and they were super very nice and to graduating and you know, we we've got some plans up, you know, up our sleeves in the future to come out to Dodge Stadium make some things happen. So yeah, it's a very exciting time to uh, you know, be a Dodger fan and and also get to share it with all my friends.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 11: J spawned the US Open champion and a kid from San Dimas is joining us just ahead a first pitch between.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 11: All right, JJ, So if I had to tell you you could wear one player's jersey while playing a Championship Tournament. Would it be Ethier, would it be Kemp, would it be Mookie Betts?
Speaker 3: Who would it be?
Speaker 10: I would have to go with I think I just have to go with Kersh, just because he's like the franchise, you know, I like, I like to nickname him the franchise.
Speaker 3: He's the face.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's been through it all, he's been a champion, He's, you know, been such a key role player for this team. I'd kind of you know, I have a soft spot for Curseh, so I'd be wearing twenty two.
Speaker 11: So tomorrow he'll take the mound here at Corusfield, only eight strikeouts away from three thousand.
Speaker 3: Will you be able to watch tomorrow start?
Speaker 10: Yes, of course, got a watch that I got to you know, obviously Dad routines with putting the kids to sleep and stuff. Well, I guess it's an early game, right midday, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one o'clock game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I'm resting, relaxing, so you know, I got all the time to kill after the last two weeks of golf, and it's kind of nice to to veg out on the couch and watch some baseball. So I'll definitely be watching love it.
Speaker 3: JJ.
Speaker 11: I got to ask you this, since you're such a big Dodger fan. Where were you when Freddie Freeman hit his walk off Grand Slam against the Yankees last year?
Speaker 10: That was actually a really cool question.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 10: I was in Tokyo, actually Tokyo, Japan, playing the Zozo Yeah, I was playing the Zozo Championship over in Marita, Tokyo, and I'll never forget. I was walking, so it was at the time. It was probably ten eleven am in Japan time, so you know, back home in the evening, and I was in the middle of my round. So I was going out my phone during that game and seeing what happened, and you know, I saw it was bombing the ninth. You know, a couple of strikeouts are a couple outs and faces loaded, and so I had to put my phone away. I went to hit my shot and then pulled the phone back out like five minutes later on the green and it's a game over and you know, to see that, you know, update on my phone but not the actual play was crazy. That kind of like freaked out in the middle of my round. But I was able to see the highlights afterwards, which was super cool.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a unique story from a very unique lifestyle. US Open champion JJ's spawn can't wait to see you at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: JJ.
Speaker 11: All the best to you between then and now, and who knows, you may see JJ spawn somewhere in San Dimas.
Speaker 3: Between then as well. Thanks a lot for the time, JJ appreciate it of course, David.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks for having me on and go Dodgers.
Speaker 11: There he is, Tim the Man, the US Open champion and huge Dodger fan from southern California, JJ Spahn.
Speaker 3: We'll send it back to you all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot of DV congratulations to JJ Spawn. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You have the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe JJ, while he's.
Speaker 1: Doing dad duties, pick up some pizza, Chicken and Mojo's and watch a little Dodgers baseball because when it's Game nine, it's a Group nine and Shaky's dot Com continue to lead you up the first bench from Denver Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday. Up next, we'll switch gears and dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and Rockies game two in this three games set, first Benchriam Denver coming up at five forty and.
Speaker 7: Now before the Dodgers hit the die ning, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: PRESIDENTI by your Southern California Toyota Dealers work hard and playhard in the new Takoma with an I Force Turbo charts and it's a truck built for the bold.
Speaker 2: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 1: Chase Dolander on the mound, twenty three year old right hander, first round pick of the Rockies in twenty twenty three at University at tennesse See. He's a former SEC Pitcher of the Year. He was their top prospect in the minor leagues. Making his thirteen start this season last time out six innings, two runs, six hits and a no decision against the Nationals zero to two and four starts in the month of June with the sixth erra. His last win came April thirtieth against the Braves. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. Yoshi has been kind of up and down already here in the twenty twenty five season, six and six with a two seventy six RRA, making his fourteen start curly tied for third with the best batting average against in the National League, also the fifth best ERA at two seventy six. Last season against the Rockies, Yamamoto two to zero with a four to fifty ERA in three starts.
Speaker 2: He started off really good. But Yoshi Yamamoto in the month of.
Speaker 1: June has struggled just little bits. In the month of Junie has made four starts already, he is zero and three with a five twenty three ERA. He's looking for his first win in nearly a month. Came back on May twenty six against the Guardians. It's the Dodgers and the Rockies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 1: Long, Low Dodgers the Rockies from Denver, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Young right hander Chase Dolander goes for the Rockies game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up at five forty before that tap back out to booth. Tim Neffett Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 8: The key to this one certainly is gonna be will the Dodgers score runs for Yoshinobu Yamamoto. His run support average in the month of June less than a run per game. For the season two point three runs per game. That's second worst in the National League. Not Yamamoto's fault, but the Dodgers hope the offense can get into gear behind him tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Tim, if you look at Yamamoto on the road, while he's four and two is er is just won seventy six the batting average against the same number one seventy six, you would think his record in seven starts as much better than that. Hopefully it improves a little bit more tonight.
Speaker 8: The big key for him is not to walk the leadoff man. He has the most leadoff walks in Major League Baseball thirteen while allowing only twelve total hits to lead off innis so fewer hits allowed than walks given as twenty five men reaching base when leading off an in.
Speaker 5: It, and studies show leadoff walks in an inning score over thirty percent of the time.
Speaker 8: They'll face to Chase Dolander, the rookie making his thirteenth start, coming off a loss to the Atlanta Braves in his last outing. He's gone seven straights darts now without a win. Nolander against Yamamoto. It's the Rockies and Dodgers, Game two, coming up from Corsefield.
Speaker 2: All right, first pitch when we come back.
Speaker 1: Dodgers forty nine and thirty one start the night, four and a half games up on the Giants, five games up on the Padres, eight games up on the Diamonbacks, and the Rockies, who they're scoring off against. Yep, thirty and a half games bag in the NLS.
Speaker 2: First pitch from the Mile High City is next. Enjoy everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kats and this has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere