Speaker 1: Seven hundred w l W. It's twelve oh nine. I'm Dan Carroll in for the great American Bill Cunningham. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. A ton of stuff to get to today. My buddy Daniel Turner is going to be joining us in a two o'clock hour, and we're going to talk about what I think is really one of the swampiest of swamp things that we have ever seen, and that is aid you are us A aid us A A I D or us A I D the money, the money that goes out of there and then and of course it's causing liberal Democrats to uh to blow a gasket and melt down completely. So we'll have that in the two o'clock hour. Then one hour from now, my buddy Michael Monks from the mean streets in Los Angeles, we'll be here. I want I wanted to get an update on what's happening in Los Angeles. I think the why fires it contained. It was a wild weekend in Los Angeles, people blocking the streets talking about I guess they want more rights for illegals in this country, more rights for illegals in California and Los Angeles saying, and here's the thing. They're saying that that they want to stay in America, but yet they they burn the American flag. So they walk around waving the flag of their home country, but yet they burn the flag of the country that they want to stay in. Does that make any sense to you? It doesn't make much sense to me. So we'll talk about that with Michael Monks in one hour from now. But right now, the main man from the FOP here in Cincinnati is Ken Kober, and he is joining us now because in about thirty minutes from now, or really about twenty minutes from now, a meeting is going to start at City Hall. And the Vice Mayor was on earlier this morning talking about how there are a lot of concerns among the immigrant community in Cincinnati should ICE raids and ICE and federal agents begin walking the streets of Cincinnati. And what I have to say to them is that, look, if you're in the country and you're here legally, I don't think you have a problem. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you're here illegally now, then you might have something to worry about. But Ken Cober is the main man at the FOP and Ken Cober, Welcome again to seven hundred wiw.
Speaker 2: Hi Dan, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're here. We've got first first of all, before we talk about this meeting and what might may or may not happen as it regards ice and ice rays and things like that, do you have a sense, based on your experience that here in Cincinnati that we have major issues with illegals in the city of Cincinnati. And I don't want to conflate the two. I don't think. I think by and large, the American people, the good people of Cincinnati, have no issues with immigrants being here in the city, starting businesses, earning a living, earning money, paying taxes, the whole nine yards. Immigration is great. You know, the people that I've met from other countries that are here in Cincinnati are just our outstanding people, wonderful people. But do you have a sense that we when it comes to people being in this city illegally? Do you have a sense at all that we have a major issue a minor issue? Where would you put that on, say, on a scale of one to ten, What kind of issues do we have here in Cincinnati with people who are who are not in the country legally.
Speaker 3: I would say it's probably immoderate. I do know we had just earlier in January, the beginning of January, we had an officer that was dispatched to a radio run that ends up getting in a physical alter case and gets punched by a suspect who then they turned they find out that he's not here legally. So it is becoming increasing into some of these officers that they are encountering more people that aren't here legally, that are breaking the law, and that's going to be an issue that's going to be for a very long while.
Speaker 2: I suspect here.
Speaker 1: Five or six days ago, the Mayor of Cincinnati, and I'm not sure, but I think the police chief of Cincinnati indicated that since Cincinnati is a sanctuary city, that there would not be cooperation with ice or ice raids in the city of Cincinnati. Since then, the mayor the police chief have both come out and said that they intend to follow the law. There's a quote from you on the Fox nineteen website, and they're quoting you as saying that the mayor adopted a policy that requires law enforcement to break the oath to the Ohio and the United States constitutions. So are you glad that there has been this, uh, this shift in in I guess stated policy from the mayor of the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know last week when this all started, you know, the mayor did an interview and he said that the Cincinni Police are not going to cooperate with ICE. That's when I reacted to it, put out a press release saying that it is our oath of office that we have a duty to do this. I had officers calling me saying, so if I drive down the street and I see somebody from ICE and they're fighting with somebody, if I help them, am I going to get in trouble?
Speaker 2: And that was the message that was originally sent to the mayor.
Speaker 3: After I did a press release, he and I discussed it further, uh, and then the mayor decided to come out and say, no, you know what we are going to cooperate is that's what are the law says that we have to do. So now I'm glad he changed his mind, because there was certainly some confusion with some of our officers as too.
Speaker 2: You know, are we going to get in trouble if we do this?
Speaker 3: But you know, we also have a duty to help these officers, you know, their federal officers.
Speaker 2: We have to do these things because our says we will.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the things that surprised me, I think more than anything else was of teachers in Cincinnati public schools and they talked about that after the election or I guess after the the swearing in of Donald Trump, that that attendance at schools dropped off dramatically. That there were a lot of people in a lot of the Cincinnati public schools that express fear concerns about actually going to school or things like that, or maybe going to work or going to a place of worship. Do you think that those fears are founded in reality or are they exaggerated by what people are seeing reported on the news and what they know, what they might hear on the street or maybe social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fear mongering. You know, no one's going to be going into a school and fucking second graders out of a classroom so they can deport them.
Speaker 2: That's silly.
Speaker 3: You see what's going on around this country with these ice raids, and every one of them are they're targeting violent people that they're trying to get out of the United States because they're the ones that are causing crime and they're already here illegally. This isn't just a let's go door to door, you know, let let's let's go to a church and we're gonna we're gonna remove these people because they're in a place of worship.
Speaker 2: That's just not happening.
Speaker 1: Give me a sense of how you envision Let's say, you know, you get you get a notice, or one day Ice shows up and they're they're knocking on the door of a District one headquarters and saying, hey, we need you guys about to help us for a little bit here. Give me a sense of how you envision these encounters happening. I think there's a lot of people who look at this and have a sense that, uh, you know, I'm going to be walking along the street minding my own business. Guys in black hoods are going to jump out, slap the handcuffs on me. I'm gonna be shoved into a van, and I will never be seen or heard of again. I think a lot of people sort of have that, you know, that that cloak and deg or idea of the way this is all going to go down. When I think of Cincinnati Police, I think of professionalism. I think of that you do everything you can to treat people the right way. But when when you when you sort of envision these scenarios of how these encounters are going to go what? What? What do you see? How do you see these things going down?
Speaker 3: So if ICE comes in, they're not going to ask us to go and try to verify whether somebody's here legally or not.
Speaker 2: You know, we routinely work with other federal agencies.
Speaker 3: I go back to the time that I spent in our Fugitive Unit, and you know, routinely, you know, FBI would come in and say, look, we have twenty search ones that we were going to serve here in Cincinnati as it relates to some you know, crime thing that they're investigating, and they come and ask local law enforcement to come and help them because.
Speaker 2: They are not aware of the area.
Speaker 3: They don't know, you know, tactically, what would be the best way to go to this place? And I should be the same way. I'm a I'm at training right now with police officers from twenty different states, and as I've talked to them because I'm curious to see how this work.
Speaker 2: Not one of them has.
Speaker 3: Said ICE has even asked them, really, you know, to come in otherwise, unless you know, most of these raids that are being done are solely being done by federal agencies.
Speaker 2: But it was just it was a statement that was.
Speaker 3: Made by the mayor that created a lot of confusion in our police department because they're like, well, what if they do ask us for help? You know, if they're going to go serve a warrant for somebody that's wanted for murder, you know, we have to go help them. And that was kind of what created a bunch of this misinformation about what our role would be. But it is completely the role of ICE to go and to investigate whether somebody's here illegally and to take that action. We would be nothing more than a support role.
Speaker 1: Do Cincinnati police already have a pretty good idea of who is here, what immigrants are here legitimately, and which ones are not?
Speaker 3: I would say it's likely now. I mean if the average beat officer they don't know, because they don't. I mean, it's not like they're going to stop them and go, hey, are you here illegally?
Speaker 4: Are you here legally?
Speaker 3: Those kind of things just don't go on, you know, And that's that's why I think that all this fear mongering of what's going to happen is is what's really creating a lot of this chaos right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's something that's that's not the top of your agenda every day. I would imagine just you know, the routine things like you know, fighting crime, preventing crime from happening, making sure that people aren't victimized by ABC or D is probably the things that are at the top of your agenda rather than who is in the country legally and who's not.
Speaker 3: Absolutely the agenda the Cincinnti Police Department is to provide safety and security for the citizens and the visitors that come here to Cincinnati. Now, if that means that there's somebody that's on a radar, that's here illegally that is making Cincinnati a more violent place, then they're going to be on our radar, regardless if they're here legally or not.
Speaker 2: And those are the people that are going to be arrested.
Speaker 3: We have got to make sure that Cincinnati is as safe as it can possibly be, notwithstanding your immigration status.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when when Cincinnati police arrests someone or encounter someone, and you know, whether it's a traffic stop, you know, whether you know you're witnessing a crime in progress, and really for almost any reason under the sun. At what point in the process do you do you get to their citizenship status? Where where along the process does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you've made an arrest, then you of course you have to identify them, you know, and when they start going well, I don't have a driver's license, I don't have a social Security number, you know, I don't have any of these things, that's what certainly is going to alert you to they're likely not here illegally. And then that's when typically you know, they end up going to jail, and then you know that. I mean, I've had officers faw me before and go listen, I've never dealt with ICE. How do I do this? And they contact Ice and then ICE handles it for there. It's really as simple as this, and I don't think this person's here I legally, it goes off the ICE and then ICE does whatever Ice does, and these officers don't have any further contact with these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, generally speaking, how would you say the relationship is between Cincinnati police and the legitimate immigrant community that where communities that we have here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we have a we have a immigration officer that works to try to help these folks, whether it's through the legal process, whether it's you know, to be able to get them support if that's what they need. You know, it's said, there are plenty of people that come to Cincinnati that are doing it the right way, and that's fantastic. That's what this country was founded on. But those that are not here illegally, and especially those that are here illegally that are breaking laws, are the ones that need to be the focus.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, Ken Kobra I talk. So this is an issue that I talk so much about on this radio station. And one of the things I see is that these non governmental organizations, these NGOs that are raking in millions and millions of dollars. By the way, but that gravy train is coming to an end now that now that Trump is in charge. But I've seen so much reporting on how these NGOs have counseled people that come into the country under questionable circumstances and tell them, uh, you know, how to avoid federal scrutiny, how to avoid local scrutiny, how to sort of get around the system, how to get your hands on on government benefits without really going through the process, or you know, making sure that you get what you need and uh and still managed to stay under the radar. Is is stuff like that helpful? Or is that does that make your job a lot harder?
Speaker 3: It's just ridiculous that this is even going on. You're you're encouraging people to break the law. And we have enough that are here legally. We have enough American citizens that are in need of help for the government. Why are we trying to overstrain our government and our resources with people that aren't here legally, that don't have any interest in doing this the right way.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest problem that I had with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean, you know, I looked, I looked to the north and the and the sheriff here, CHARMONYE. McGuffey, has pretty much said the same thing that when it comes, you know, if the if these ice raids do come to pass in Hamilton County, that she'll follow the law. You've got, you know, Sheriff Richard Jones and Butler County who's more than eager to to get the ball rolling and get the illegals out of his county. Uh, when the time comes, do you think you'll have any notification, get any heads up, you know, be able to participate in a meaningful way when you know if and when these these raids do happen here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think the only way that that's going to be likely is is if they in fact.
Speaker 2: Need our help.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I do understand that around the country they're working independently where they're not straining your local resources, they're not really asking for local help. So I mean, if the time comes and they do need help, then I'm sure that's something that they'll probably give us advanced notice for.
Speaker 1: All right, And with that, Ken Cober, that our time is gone. As always, great to have you on, keep up the great work, and we'll talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, Dan, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Ken Cober from the FOP, And and there you have it. If if you are in the country legally, in Cincinnati, legally and not causing any problems, by and large, you have very little, if anything to worry about when it comes to enforcing the executive orders that come out of the White House. Twelve twenty four, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW. Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW, twelve thirty eight, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham. As we roll on until three o'clock this afternoon, Glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. Big Dave of the broadcast heriff is running things in the seven under WLW command center. I always appreciate him being here. So we just heard from Ken Kober and the I guess the meeting is underway now. The neighborhood meeting or whatever they call it in City Hall is happening now, and they're explaining to people how you know, what you know, what their rights are, what you have to do if you encounter Alce, you know, how you should be prepared. And really there's a I mean, listen to what Ken Cober had to say. There's really nothing to fear. No one's going to come into your place of business, no one's going to come into your your place of worship and snatch you up and and you'll never be heard of again. That if you're if you're in the country legally, and I have every right and every every reason for being here that is legal. Then you're you're in pretty good shape. I mean, you're really have nothing to worry now if you're if you're not here legally, then then you you probably should be looking over your shoulder and h you know, he said, they're probably not going to get any any heads up and he, you know, knock on the door saying, hey, come on out, got some raids to do, need your help. You know, if they need the help, that may happen, but he does not anticipate that. And so we'll see what happens on that. We'll see when you know, you get an ICE agent shows up where you are and give us a call, because we will want to hear about that U thirty day pause on the tariffs against Mexico and Canada. It is amazing how fast the news cycle is happening with with Donald Trump. And it's amazing the things that make the Democrats melt down. And that was the the US AID us A I D and that is the the the agency that sends out money overseas. I just had that up in front of me a second ago, and of course I can't find it now. But I mean the spending that goes on there is absolutely ridiculous and it and it may be a lot worse than we know, but this is, uh, this is this is one of those agencies as I look at, that is really sort of a playground for those who see things their own way, who decide, you know, who who you know, want to be in charge of money, want to give out money for this project or that project. And of course it's not you know, it's not their money, so it's of no concern to them, but it allows them to to virtue. And that's what, you know, that's what's so many of these individuals who want to promote the agenda about it's all. It's all about virtue signaling. Right, Look how good, look how good we are. You know, we're gonna send money to this this poured down trodden country. We're going to help out this group of individuals U you know, l g B t Q, this trans you know, transsexual, this transsexual of that, you know, all all this nonsense. And so the fact that that's coming to an end causes the left to melt down like few things that we've ever seen. So they so to my way, of thinking, this is the part of the the Trump administration that that has that is going to be fun to watch. I guess the let's see, uh, the the ten percent tariff that Trump put on China, uh still set to go in effect a scheduled that is today, and that you know that that whole thing with China probably is going to be a bit more complex than with what happened with Mexico and with Canada. Uh, the Associated press that had put us on a cusp of a trade war. Maybe, but uh, you know the in the end, look, I don't I don't eat guacam only, so I really wasn't concerned about the price of avocados. My wife enjoys an avocado from time to time, So you know, maybe I really didn't have a dog in that fight, you know, the with you know, with Chuck Schumer holding up the the can of Corona beer, which I believe is manufactured by a company that's based in the United States. It's and the avocados, but it's a but it's it's just a way of doing business. It's just a way of of getting from point A to point B. And you know, the and look when I look at Donald Trump, I see a guy that is when it comes to drugs, illegal drugs, people using drugs, drugs that kill people. I see Trump as a guy who really has zero tolerance for drug use, for drug users. And I'm not saying he wants to put drug users in jail, but I'm saying that into his mind, even a little bit, even if it's not that much, that is something that he does not want this country to have any part of. So if he's talking about how he's going to put these tariffs in place and he's going to use them to prevent the flow a fentanyl across the border, what's wrong with that? I mean, there's a lot of fentanyl that comes across the border, and even though it may be the demand in the United States that causes that to come across the border. You know, all these things need to be dealt with on their own. But the whole notion that you can stop the demand, that you can stop people from from wanting this stuff. I think we've learned from past experience that getting people to you know, not use it, or tell or convince people that you know, I mean, I guess over the years we've been able to convince people that's smoking is bad for you. Still a lot of people out there smoking, not as many as there used to be, but how long has that been going on? But you will never get to a level where you don't where you have no smokers in the country. Same with drugs. You can try to convince people that wing fentanyl is a bad thing. Taking a pill or injecting something that you don't know what it is is not a good thing, and it can kill you. And that has been drilled into my head since I was a little kid, been talking about that. But I think as someone in Trump's position, one of the most concrete steps you can take is trying to prevent the flow of those drugs coming in make it a lot more difficult for those drugs to come into the country. And so the statistics from the Customs and Border Patrol, so the total amount of fennel sees by the agency rose from eleven two hundred pounds in fiscal twenty one to fourteen seven hundred pounds in fiscal twenty two, that went up to twenty seven thousand pounds. And I said fourteen hundred, im in four teen thousand? Did I say fourteen hundred? But it's twenty seven thousand pounds in twenty twenty three, a one hundred and forty one percent increase over that three year period, and a roughly eighty four percent rise from fiscal twenty two to fiscal twenty three. So in fiscal twenty four and we don't have all the numbers yet, the number was just under twenty thousand pounds, So it's a little it's a bit of a drop there, which to my way of thinking, is a good thing. And we know that Biden put his border crackdown towards what the last couple of three months of his administration. So border crackdowns work, and when and when you send when Mexico says it's going to send ten thousand troops to the border. I saw Pete Hegseth, Secretary of Defense, new Secretary of Defense, on Fox News just morning talking about how there is going to be more Americans military on the border, and he told his guys, if you get shot at from across the border, you are free to engage, you are free to return fire. That is a powerful message. All these things are a powerful message. But let's just keep in mind these numbers. Fourteen thousand pounds, twenty seven thousand pounds twenty thousand pounds of fentanyl that we know of coming across the border. How much more got across that we don't know, And that's the major thing. But I suspect that these numbers are going to go way, way, way way down now that we have that, we have the president of Mexico sending ten thousand troops to the border, that Justin Trudeau talked about what he's going to do. Let's see me. Let's see if I can vine. Let's see. Justin Trudeau said Monday that the pause would occurred, that's the pause on the tariffs. He said, we will work together, that the that his government would name a fentanyl TZAR, that his government would list Mexican cartels as terrorist groups, which is what Trump already did. We'll launch a Canadian US joint strikeforce to combat organized crime, fentanyl and money laundering. So, I mean, these are these are all? Are these not good things? Are these the kind of things that Trump talked about in the campaign? Are these the kind of things that he's doing? And the fact that he uses the specter of terraffs to bring people to the telephone and make a phone call and saying, look, uh, these these terrorifts don't have to happen. Let's have these other things happen. How is that a bad thing? And so when if, if we are going to restrict and it's all and it's all about saving American lives. I didn't look up the numbers of fentanyl desks in America, but it's a big number. It's a it's a number that shouldn't be happening. It's something that when I've had Tom Homan on that we've talked about time and time and time again, and how many families have lost young people, people in their teenage years, people in their in their twenties because they got they got just a little too much ventanyl in their system. Absolutely horrific, and trying to bring that to an end. I don't care if you if you're gonna use tariffs, if you're gonna use threats, if you're gonna say nasty things, if you can crack down on that number, bring that number down significantly, which I think we are going to see. Then saying that we're going to put terrafts on your country and we would like you to do a B and C to help us out. I don't think that's a bad thing. So justin Trudeau says they're going to do all this, and I love I love the fact that, Okay, then you know what, we're gonna pause. We're gonna pause these terrorists for thirty days. And Trump is not going to be one to sit around and wait for something to happen. A thirty day window for this guy is a pretty big window. So I would say that that Mexico and Canada are going to have to get on the ball and make these things happen within the next thirty days or who knows what's going on. And you all this handwringing we had about the prices of this, that and the other thing all going up, Well, I think we're going to be just fine again. I think the I think the whole situation with with China is going to is going to be probably a little more complex. Let's see, Let's see what else do I have here. Let's see, I've got all these numbers about the fentanyl seizures first eleven months of fiscal twenty four agencies, the twenty four hundred pounds of fenyl for a projected haul of twenty six and eighteen pounds last fiscal year, and it just goes on to talk about that. The other thing, let's see, that's the other thing is this us AD AI d And we're gonna be talking with my buddy Daniel Turner about that. And we're Dave, do we have a cut number one? Ready? This is Caroline Levitt, who is the who's a fantastic spokesperson for the Trump administration, very young, very sharp. On top of things, she's been fantastic. Did you say we had that?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Caroline Levitt just pulled out the short list of some of the things that that USAID USAID has been paying for, and Dave, let's hear that.
Speaker 5: Through USAID over the past several years, these are some of the insane priorities that that organization has been spending money on. One point five million dollars to advance DEI in Serbia's workplaces, seventy thousand for a production of a Dei musical in Ireland, forty seven thousand for a transgender opera in Colombia, thirty two thousand a transgender comic book in Peru. I don't know about you, but as an American taxpayer, I don't want my dollars going towards this crap, and I know the American people don't either, And that's exactly what Elon Musk has been tasked by President Trump to do to get the fraud, waste and abuse out of our federal government.
Speaker 1: So there you go, Elon man. Of course they're having a connection about Elon Musk too, because he is looking into things and they don't like that one bit. It has been exceedingly fun to watch here in the early going. We got to break get a break in here, and then news coming up top of the hour, and then after the top of the hour, we'll be checking in with my buddy Michael Monks out in Los Angeles, and he is a radio reporter out there, works for iHeartRadio KFI in Los Angeles, and we'll get an update on what is happening there in the wake of the Trump visit a week or so ago. So stick around for that, and we'll roll on till three o'clock this afternoon. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW back, got a big one, seven hundred WLW one eight Dan Carroll till three this afternoon and for the Great American Bill Conningham. Always glad to be here, always an honor to be sitting in for the Great American It was a couple of weeks ago it seemed like it was NonStop morning, noon, night. You turn on the TV. We're getting live pictures from Los Angeles and we are seeing the devastating wildfires they claimed. I think the number is about fifteen thousand structures and the Pacific Palisades. Who knows how many more in the other communities around Los Angeles and even in San Diego. And so it seems like it's been a little while since we've had an update on what is happening in Los Angeles. And for that I have once again called on my good friend Michael Monks, my old colleague here back in the Fox nineteen days and the Cincinality days and probably some other days. And Michael Monks from KFI and Los Angeles, welcome again to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Thanks for reminding me of all those great times we've had together over the years.
Speaker 1: We did have some great times, and I still remember that. I let you borrow my CD movie of Runaway Train and What's my way of Thinking? One of the greatest movies of all times and you never returned it. So I'm upset about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can ask Jeff.
Speaker 6: You can ask Jeff Henderson about my ability to return DVD's.
Speaker 4: Also, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: It's not like I'm a thief. I'm not. I just those at the one item I cannot be lended.
Speaker 1: It's just a blind a blind spot you had.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: A flaw in your personality, one of the few. Are you still trying to write a book?
Speaker 6: Oh I've got mountains of pages, man, And don't think for one moment there's not going to be a character based on you.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. I love it well. When it gets done, I want I want to plug it on this show and and explore my character thoroughly. But I'm reading a story here about some of the wildfires. I guess at least the ones in San Diego, and it's being reported that the news broke in San Diego, California, that I guess the fires that started in that area began in homeless encampments. I'm guessing that that's some accurate reporting. Do we have anything yet on how the fires might have began there where you are in the Los Angeles area right now, what we.
Speaker 6: Have is some speculation, but it's not necessarily baseless speculation. So as far as any factual details on what investigators believe authoritatively started these fires, no, we don't have an answer to that. There are questions about utility polls, There are questions about fireworks. There are questions about encampments as well. So I mean, it's just a regular part of life here that we have the type of weather conditions that lead to wildfires anyway, But any unnecessary spark, like a firework or a campfire that's unauthorized, it can lead to absolute disaster. They're still looking into the cause. The progress that has been made, however, is that these fires are completely surrounded now, which basically means the flame part of the situation is over and now the real hard work has begun, which is people going back to see their properties off, many of them for the first time since it happened, and figuring out what it looks like to rebuild their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I heard that one or two nights ago that those fires were one hundred percent I guess contained or surrounded, whichever term I guess you'd prefer to use. Is there a you know, when I was asking you about the possible cause, is there is there a growing impatience at all about about not having a cause yet? Are is that something people are talking about or are they more concerned about moving on and trying to get on with their lives as opposed to finding out a lot of how these things started.
Speaker 6: As you can imagine, even as the fires were still raging, there were a variety of reactions. And there were folks who said, don't politicize this, even though their own house had burned down. You know, let's leave the politics out of it. Let's just focus on what we need to do to keep people safe and start to rebuild. And there are other folks like, let's get some heads. We got to you know, we got to find the people who were responsible, not necessarily for sparking the fire, but for not preparing us well enough. So a variety of emotions, a variety of perspectives. Right now, I think for those who have lost their homes, the priority is to get in and figure out what happens.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You know, we've all been in the media and maybe in our personal lives We've known people who have lost homes, but it's a very rare sight to see entire neighborhoods gone. So this is going to be a very big process. And working with the government here that's not the easiest to get stuff through. Some major, major population area and government inefficiencies exist here just like they do everywhere else, but it's particularly troublesome here. So you want to build a deck on your home, that can take a long time. You want to rebuild your home. That's what they're trying to address. Now, how do we make this easy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was my next question because I guess it's been a couple of weeks now since President Trump was out there. He was greeted by Gavin Newsom at the airport. I guess Newsom was not invited to that roundtable discussion that he had with the mayor and some other politicians there from southern California and I guess people that live in the area. And so I think Trump's main thrust during that meeting was that he spoke with some of the homeowners there who told him that what they're upset about is the delay for them being able to go back on their property and start the process. So I guess the first thing you have to do is get things cleaned up and cleaned out of there, get rid of everything that needs to go into a dumpster and get it out of there, and then start with the infrastructure once again. And they were upset that that process had not begun yet, and he was encouraging the mayor to cut the red tape, get the ball rolling. And it seemed to me that the mayor was sort of falling back on well, this is how we do things, and you know, we can get things done in a week or a month, and Trump was saying that's not fast enough. And I wanted to ask you if you know if any of that was overcome during the course of that meeting.
Speaker 6: Well, it's been interesting to watch the Maybe we can call up the fallout from that meeting. Obviously, we all know President Trump is a bit of a force of nature when he walks into a room and you'll steamroll you in a conversation. Whether he can steamroll policy that holds, you know, has yet to be seen even at the federal level at this point. But whether he can change local policy.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 6: But one thing that I think it's safe to say he impacted was the reopening of Pacific Coast Highway, very famous road right on the ocean front here in La that takes you to the Palisades, it takes you to Malibu, and it had been shut down since the fires, and it's a main route to get to these homes for a lot of these people who lost their houses. Now, there had been checkpoints set up when it became determined that it was safe for some people to go and at least bring in some contractors got to look at their property. But there were multiple military checkpoints, national Guard checkpoints. And then on Sunday, the county and the city officials decided that we're going to reopen. It's if the Coast Highway before we thought we were going to and all the checkpoints are going to be gone. But then you got pushedback down from people that live in the palace. It's like, wait a second, that's actually too fast because if you open it up to everyone, can you imagine the lookie loose, the potential looters and thieves that might make their way up there. So that's been the issue now is can we move too fast? Can we move too slow? I think the answer to both of those questions, is now yes, So it's finding I guess the goldilocks temperature that we're looking for to get this pace right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me your sense of what it is of people who are taking advantage of this situation when it comes to the looting, when it comes to I guess scam artists and whatnot. Do you have a sense of if there's a handle on that or that aspect to sort of run and wild or what's the case there?
Speaker 6: You think, well, there were certainly arrest even while the fires were still going on, of people being up there who weren't supposed to be there. There was one high profile incident of people who came from elsewhere in a fire truck they have purchased with fake fire gear to try to get passed to some of the checkpoints, which were much more stringent because no one could get past them unless you were an emergency responder or immediate member of the press. So people are going to great links. Again, we're talking about specific palisades as one of these areas, and this is a very wealthy part of the country, so if there are any goods left behind, they might be at worth. So the folks are certainly taking advance. The government, both at the state and the local level, have taken a lot of steps to either increase law enforcement presence. I've never seen so many police cruisers on the beach, and they've also stepped up what they're referring to as price gouging. They want to make sure people aren't taking advantage of rent cost and cost of other goods that could be available as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me your view of what you've seen. I'm guessing you've been back to these areas that were hit by the fires, and you've you've been to these neighborhoods now that the fires are out. Do you see dumpsters in front of houses? Do you see heavy equipment? Do you see people starting to make progress on at least getting rid of the things that are burned out and burned down and getting things cleaned up and taking at least that first step.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the debris removal is the first step. And that's also where there's been a conflict, maybe even between President Trump and some of the local officials. Is it's not appropriate the local officials say for people to go in unprotected. The professionals handled the debris, because they say a lot of it is toxic. But regardless of any political leaders feelings on the matter, debris removal is happening. That's the thing that has to happen first. And it's not just you know, calling your buddy Chuck to come over, you know with a forklift or a backo and all those things to move stuff. It's actually you know, scientists and those sorts of people who need to come in and measure that. I mean, everything you can imagine burned. I told you last time we spoke that this wasn't like a charredhouse where you see walls still everything was gone, a pile of ashes, so a lot of toxic materials burned. So that's going to take a little while to get out. But that's another thing people are trying to expedite here, both the government and the public. They want that done quickly because folks do want to rebuild their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I remember that was the one thing that when the mayor was sitting there, you know, it's a couple of seats down from President Trump. But is she repeated to her three times that we want people to be safe, we want you to be safe. And I'm thinking, you know, at this point, is that really the top priority. Or you know, if if it's my property and I have the means to go in there and get it cleaned out and at least start the rebuilding process, you know, does that sort of thing take a back seat now, you know, I'll worry about myself being safe. Just discrepancy exactly.
Speaker 6: That's a discrepancy because they are saying the Army Corps of Engineer will remove this debris for you free of charge. However, if you got your own guys, you can bring them in as well. It's just a matter of a timeline. Now they had finally allowed everybody to go back and see what they've got and to figure out what can be salvaged, what can be rebuilt. But right now we're kind of waiting to see how that environmental aspect plays out. That's just you know, the palas Aides which is governed by the City of Los Angeles, Alta Dina, and that's more into the county. Aldigen is a city, but La County has kind of taken the lead on that one. So I mean, you know, living in Hamilton County, Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, all these different jurisdictions, we've got a lot of that here as well, So sometimes it's difficult to keep track, but there's a lot of governments who have their hands in this, and more than anything, though, the people just want to take that first of what will be many many steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was about a week ten days ago we were hearing that another round of the Santa Ana wins were going to come through again, and that was obviously causing a lot of concerns that these fires could spark up once again. It seems like you got through that episode with really very little trouble at all. Did the winds just not materialize or was it a better preparation this time around the winds blew.
Speaker 6: We did end up with a pretty significant fire in the northern part of the county, which is a little more rural. They did evacuate some communities, but they were able to get a handle on that pretty fast, and I think it was notable that they were probably able to do that because of the volume of firefighters who are already in this jurisdiction from elsewhere to have fires. Yeah, so they knocked that one down pretty fast. No structures lost, no injuries in that one. So we did feel the winds they definitely blew through this week. Everybody's worried about rain, which is something we hadn't had in a while. Only do like it. This is our rainy season, is winter, and it has not been much of one. But this week we are expecting some rain, might be an inch and that's significant here, you know, to get an inch of rain in a day. So they're worried about what that might do to you know, the topography, what it might do to mud slides, what it might be due to debris flow. So that's our concern this week. Rain is in the forecast for most of the days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was your weekend with the demonstrators out there shutting down what was it the one oh one or one of the freeways out there and in protest of the President Trump and the the you know, all the deep importations that he wants to take place and all the rest of it. What the what was it like out there this weekend?
Speaker 6: Well, I can tell you say what you want about you know, their position. People in Los Angeles when they protest, they know how to get your attention and it might not be the attention they want, but they are going to get it. And I lived downtown where the one oh one was blocked. And you know, the same thing happened during Palestine protests, during Black Lives Matters protests, and it's very disruptive. You don't have to live in LA to know that traffic here is just horrible. It's driving me and saying, Dan, you know what a nice guy am. It turns me into a monster when I'm out there on these roads. It's not so to shut down a major thoroughfare is It's a lot to deal with. They were back at it yesterday and today. I just returned actually to Burbank, the station in Burbank from City Hall in downtown LA, where the city Council, some city council members are announcing some legislation they want to enact to offer more protections to those who've immigrated here illegally. And while I was there, some of the graffiti on City Hall it was not very nice to the President or Ice. And so City Hall itself has been graffitied by those protesters and we'll see how along that stays.
Speaker 1: I know I saw one report where it said police in Los Angeles were told to stand down and let these protesters just do what they wanted. Is that accurate?
Speaker 6: It's not uncommon for that. It's not necessarily to suggest to let the protesters run wild. I mean, you're gonna have some graffiti, You're gonna have some annoyances, right, Like shutting down traffic is really annoying. But I think from a law enforcement standpoint, it's often safer for the broader community to kind of let it play out as long as it doesn't spread from the point that it's already gone. So we do see that with some regularity here. But at the same time, it's so disruptive to everyday people's lives, including some of the immigrants who are living here trying to get the work on the one oh one. So again, just like the fires, a lot of perspectives on that one too.
Speaker 1: LA is a big, big place, yeah, to live in southern California, And I know that even back in the eighties they were doing traffic reports twenty four to seven on the radio, and so traffic was a major concern then. I can only imagine how much that's increase since then. And even though it was a weekend, it had to be an absolute ima.
Speaker 4: Oh, no question.
Speaker 6: Everybody has at all the radio stations you know that have news. We were doing traffic every ten minutes, you know, every fifteen minutes, you're hearing traffic reports. It's amazing, the helicopter traffic in Los Angeles. I wasn't prepared for that. I visited here many times and never really paid any attention to it, But now that I live there, I think it.
Speaker 4: Is so wild here all the time.
Speaker 1: It got choppers slid around. It's twenty four to seven, man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: If it's not if it's not traffic, choppers to share a thought, it's looking for somebody in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Well, as long as they're not looking for you, Michael Monks, I think I think you'll be all right. But we got it run man. Look, Michael, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the firsthand reports from what's happening in Los Angeles. And I may be calling you on you again before too long, but for now, thanks, I really appreciate the time today.
Speaker 6: My pleasure and my best. Everybody back in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: All right, Michael Monks from KFI in Los Angeles, and some good stuff there. It is one twenty five. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred ww.
Speaker 7: Canada case and in exchange, Trump paused tariffs for thirty days. There was no inflation, there was no recession. The market closed pretty much flat.
Speaker 2: But we've been.
Speaker 7: Told tariffs don't work and that Trump's trade wars are reckless. Well, so far, every country that's been threatened bent the knee, and we haven't conceded a thing. Tariffs encourage Americans to buy American and it encourages multinationals if they don't want to get hit with a tariff, to have their products made in America. That boosts American jobs and wages. Europe's next.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm skulls, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God so seg we saw American diplomacy in about the span of twelve hours yesterday. Yeah, you know, Trump says I'm gonna get things done. I'm gonna put this on the table, and on.
Speaker 8: TV like every day.
Speaker 1: Now, why not.
Speaker 8: It's unbelievable. He's in the Oval Office and just taken quid. I mean Biden went on TV what about five minutes and four years something like that, and miss Harris.
Speaker 1: But he's got he's got reporters in the Oval Office. You know, what do you want to talk about ask me anything. You know, you probably asked them about the Super Bowl. Probably will, I don't know. Are are people getting jazz up about the Super Bowl?
Speaker 8: Dan Carroll, the stood reporters of proud service of your local tame Star Heating in their conditioning dealers Temestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati Hallway Owning. It won eight eight eight nine.
Speaker 1: H v A C Sports.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Roxy. We also want to thank Lears Prime Market for the finest meets trust Lear's Prime Market. They got potato soup is excellent, the clam chowder and today beef Barley doesn't get any better than that on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I love a little beef Barley.
Speaker 8: Full Catering Service de Luxe Delhi, located in beautiful downtown Milford, the home of the Eagles, Learsprime dot Com. Lears Prime always cut above the Eagles.
Speaker 1: ECC Swim champions for twenty twenty five? Is that right? How about that they won? They won? They won the Conference Gragulationship. A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 8: College Basketball Tonight, the head coach College Basketball Tonight, Big East Play Georgetown and Xavier fourth place on the boat. Teams tied for fourth place. Eight o'clock after Sports Talking Lance right here on seven under WLW.
Speaker 1: There's now talked that Xavier is on the bubble the NCAA.
Speaker 8: Everybody's on the bubble, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the Bearcats. I think the bubbles floating above their head there.
Speaker 8: In Kentucky looks to reach. Kentucky looks to rebound from Saturday's loss at home to Arkansas and coach cal.
Speaker 1: I heard, they've heard they got booed a little bit.
Speaker 8: UK is at Old Miss tonight. Miami's at Central Michigan, Davidson at Dayton the home of Mo and Mike McConnell. Get the latest on NKU basketball Tonight. The coaches show at six, Fox Sports thirteen sixty struggling. Yes they are Bengals up. They brought to you my good spirits. Winding to back on Party Town thirteen Convenient Northern Kentucky locations, Dan Carroll. On this date twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen, the Cincinnati Bengals announce the hiring of head coach Zach Kayla Taylor.
Speaker 1: Twenty nineteen.
Speaker 8: About that, Chiefs and Eagles continue workouts as they get ready for Sunday Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: In the one is he still the head coach today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the action O Sun Night will be right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: What time they kick it off?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: What is it like? Six thirty, six thirty five. I think Reds pitchers and catchers reports the spring training camp in six days. The equipment truck has already left. So if you got some stuff, take it yourself, that's what they're saying. More on the Hot Stove League tonight at six oh five, right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Dave arm Brewster headed out to the I have no idea. Good good years.
Speaker 8: Danny Graves had this on social media today. The Reds, of course, opened the season, as you know, Dan against the Giants. Yes, Great American Ballpark, the last time since he opened the season hosting San Francisco at home. The Reds won ninety six games in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Ninety six would be pretty good. That would be pretty good. Terry Francona, get it, don sure, get it? Don see, we got we had college back. But who's the opening day pitcher this year? I have no idea. All right.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati Bearcats twenty twenty five football schedules out. Bearcats hosts seven games at the NIP The opener is on the road against Nebraska Thursday, August twenty eighth in Kansas City. The home openers September the eighth against Bowling Green, Iowa State, UCF Baylor.
Speaker 1: Arizona Bowling Green, Ohio from the Mac.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's see Arizona BYU come to town. Let's see what else is going?
Speaker 1: Oh and you Uko Kobo is in Clearwater, Florida for those FC Cincinnati fans, and he is working out with the team in pre season camp.
Speaker 8: How about this? Atlanta United has signed Middlesbrough forward Emmanuel Latte Laugh and he has a MLS record deal. Mister Lath has scored twenty nine goal sixty seven appearances in the English second tier side in the past two seasons. Arrives in the atl with a reported twenty two million dollars deal, surpassing FC Cincinnati's deal with Kevin and Denke at sixteen point two million last November for one season. Mister Lath is out of the Ivory coach for one season. Well they who was it more two million? I saw the other day that plus add Ons gott forget can't forget add Ons? So I guess if they make the playoffs or wins.
Speaker 1: Also known as incentives. I guess, so they call yeah everything, everything's got to be different in sock the way it is, dan and they call it the pitch, right, and then they call it it's not a game, it's a.
Speaker 8: Match, right.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 8: That's the way it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know, have you been. I haven't been to a game yet, been there yet? No, I've been to the I've been to the stadium, but I've not been to the game. So uh.
Speaker 8: And then uh for pickleballers around town, The Pickle Lodge, the second largest indoor pickleball facility in the nation, has announced the acquisition of the Eastern Hills Indoor Tennis Club at the end of their indoor season this May. They're going to transition it, transitioned it into a dedicated pickleball facility.
Speaker 1: So I used to play pickleball action right there? How about that? He used to play racquetball there many years ago.
Speaker 8: So you know. And then of course Miles Garrett wants a trade from Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about Miles Garrett, You're not going anywhere? Why not? I don't know. Why won't they trade him? Probably because of the money involved. In all the other Shenanigans. How much is he making more than that soccer player?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's so ridiculous. I don't know.
Speaker 9: The game.
Speaker 8: I think, uh, what was it in Bompe uh went or somebody somebody went to uh, Saudi Arabia to play. I think over there. I think it was Saudi Arabia for two hundred million dollars for one season. Well, I think whatever it was. And he scored one goal.
Speaker 1: One goal and that was it. Yeah, for two hundred million.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not bad, not bad. And I see if if FC sent an A can get him Christian Ronaldo, a couple of the other boys.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the guy that we had here last year? That was pretty good? Costa? What about that guy?
Speaker 8: He's uh, I think he is going somewhere. I think he's headed toward a uh a uh team back in his home uh uh country of Argentina. They're just working out the deal deal.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't want to play much. He don't want to play for f CN.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean f C is going to get a lot of cash for cash, like cash am Bergie, So I mean you know they're gonna you know, I guess they're going to go for the jack and then get more players and lucho head south. God, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a lot of money, so it's an interesting sport. It's all about as uh you'd like to say. It's all about the jack, that's for sure. It's all about the jack, and.
Speaker 8: There's plenty of it in the MLS.
Speaker 1: I guess so, guys getting twenty a soccer player made, so twenty two million dollars is the biggest deal so far in the MLS.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that surpasses the deal that FC Cincinnati gave Kevin Danky last November at sixteen point two.
Speaker 1: So is he gonna want a bigger deal now?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I don't know if he can get one or not.
Speaker 1: Well, who's the better player?
Speaker 8: Don't know, I haven't seen it. He him play, so So I mean if a guy's played making twenty two million bucks and coming over from uh twenty two million English leagues, I think he's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Twenty two million to play soccer not bad.
Speaker 8: We also want to thank Penn Station today Dan for our another round of lunch. Remember Penn Station, it's all about good taste. I had some of the fries delicious, but I had to get him before the broadcast. Sheriff walked in there because it's like a free for all. Now there's nothing left. I know people who's there's people injured, there's people there's people injured. There's people injured from sandwiches.
Speaker 1: And fighting for him in there. He claims how good they are. He claims he left something in there. I have to go look at the evidence. I think there's a receipt for the for the sandwiches iner.
Speaker 8: That's about it. We'll give that the DJ. Yeah, I don't know, that's about it.
Speaker 1: Segu Have you ever heard of the United States Agency for International Development, that's US eight.
Speaker 6: And the U s A.
Speaker 8: I D yeah, I heard about it yesterday. They give all this money out and I guess one of people are griping it. It's going to be.
Speaker 1: One for diversity, equity and inclusion in Serbia. Why why are we staying? And the and look, Elon Musk comes along and says, nah blah, but nah, we ain't doing that anymore. And the and the and the Democrats in Congress have a meltdown because we can't we can't send a one point five million to Serbia so they can have d I in the workplace.
Speaker 8: I don't get it, but I mean he's saving money. I don't know. I don't I don't you know. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: What about what about seventy grand for a musical in Ireland about d I? Do you want? You want to watch a musical about d I? Do you do they really want that?
Speaker 8: I'm goofy on some bad stuff because he kept talking about d I. I thought he kept talking about Dayal Earnhard incorporator. Is that, well, don't be messing with those guys.
Speaker 1: Now that's different.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 8: How much I pay attention?
Speaker 1: I bet the government doesn't spend any money on them? Negative?
Speaker 8: Negative?
Speaker 1: Why would we spend send six hundred or six million dollars to Egypt so we can make sure they've got tourism there? Does Egypt need six million of our dollars so they can they?
Speaker 8: I think they can promote themselves, come see the pharaohs.
Speaker 1: What about the hundreds of thousands of dollars that went to al Qaeda so they can so they can have some bunch of you know, box lunches in Syria.
Speaker 8: Of course they got to be fed while blowing people up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why why is why is it the job of the American taxpayer to make sure that they can you know, that's why the big boys there get a bologny whole week. And then he got what he got the guy from He got the guy from Mexico to dump China already on the Patama Canal, Right, didn't he's unbelievable. Well, guy's unbelieving. Marco Marco Rubio comes back from Panama, says, we got a deal. Uh you got Rick Crnell goes to wherever the hell he went to and brought back those hostages.
Speaker 8: This guy's done more than Venezuela. How long you've been he's been in office what.
Speaker 1: Three weeks now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look what he's doing every day. You can't keep up with it all. You can't but know, but you know this done. He's done more in a week than the previous administrations did in twelve years. You know, this is this is what happened. This is what causes democrats in d C to melt down, that that we're not going to spend thirty two thousand dollars so kids in Peru can read a book a comic book about transgenders unbelieved somehow, somehow that doesn't that doesn't sit well with them, or we're going to you know, we're not going to spend two million dollars so we can have sex change activism in Guatemala.
Speaker 8: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is I mean, this is the this is the kind of stuff right that goes on and then and and we wouldn't know about it.
Speaker 8: It's been going on for years and nobody has said a thing, but now all of a sudden he wants to shut it down, and everybody's screaming.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't get it.
Speaker 8: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a you know, this kind of stuff has got to come to an end. I agree, just like the stooge reports, say, get us out of the stooge Report's got to come to an end.
Speaker 8: Dan Carroll, on this uh Tuesday afternoon, go out there and thank a mail carrier. It's thank a mail carrier day today. Really, Yes, I'm out there to thank your male man, male person.
Speaker 1: My brother in law is a mail carrier.
Speaker 8: There you go, well, thank you, thank them for their their great job that they do every day.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stude Report, say I wish you're the bank account of Republicans and the second life of a Democrat Jazz Charlie Lucan, what's Bill say that the best politician money can buy?
Speaker 8: Bring him back?
Speaker 1: We could use a dictatorship in Cincinnati, right there.
Speaker 8: Chaz, We could use it. A little bit of Yaz so great.
Speaker 1: We could use a little bit of his sanity down at city Hall these days something and get those people in line down, that's for sure, you lady.
Speaker 8: At least mister Lucan cleaned the streets. These clowns can't even get the snow off the street.
Speaker 1: Get some snowplows out there, baby on seven hundred WLW back on the big one, seven hundred WLW two to ten, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. And if there's anything we've learned over these and really we should have been learning this over the last several years, but especially these last few weeks when you look at one government failure after another, is that no matter what it does, government cannot work. It does not work, and it fails in so many ways, and a lot of times lives wind up being on the line. So much to talk about, so little time. Let's get right to it. Daniel Turner is the founder and executive director of Power the Future. I mean, he's the guy's been involved in just about everything there is to be involved in. And Daniel Turner, welcome again to seven hundred WLW. How you doing.
Speaker 4: Oh it was great to be almoste Dan. Thank you so much for having me back.
Speaker 1: So many things I want to talk to you about. I see all these things and I think of you, and I saw this one last night that the avan Pa Solar Power facility out in California, the world's largest bird incinerator, probably the most expensive one ever. Started in twenty fourteen, they broke ground on this thing. It never lived up to its expectations. We spend billions of dollars on this, the American taxpayer has, and now after a lifespan of eleven years, they're saying it's time to shut it down. Time to shut it down. I mean, this is a massive economic and green energy failure, is it not?
Speaker 4: It is and it really flies in the phase of common sense. You know, if there were may if there were market signals that were desiring wind and solar, we wouldn't need government money, we wouldn't need government mandates, we wouldn't need all of the financial backstops these industries have had. You know, there are fossil fuel plans that are fifty sixty years and that are still running fine, and that's because they work. You know, if you could go back and look at the statements when they broke round on this, how it was going to revolutionize everything. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate risk takers. I appreciate entrepreneurs. A lot of people who are disruptors know that it may or may not work, but they don't put the taxpayers on the hook for it, right, they don't require government mandates to force it down people's throats. And when you look at electricity rates nationwide, but especially in areas that have pushed wind and solar faster than the markets allow, they deserve cheap electricity and they're paying thirty forty percent more than they were a decade ago because of these failed experiments.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what this was supposed to be. Free electricity for everyone. And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, the avanpa avanpa iv A n pah, the solar power facility is out in San Bernardino County, California, thirty four one hundred acres. It is three giant towers with I guess, a giant tank of water on top of a tower, surrounded by thousands of mirrors that aim the reflection of the sun at this giant tank of water. It boils the water and creates steam and produces energy. This thing was supposed to generate more than a million megawatts of power annually. It never lived up to that. And then as I was reading about this, the American Enterprise Institute wrote about this, and Daniel Turner this is the part that really stuck out to me. There was a one point six billion dollar loan guarantee provided by the Department of Energy for this plant. The owners, of course, could not pay it back. So what happened then, Well, under a loan program from the Department of Energy, that's American taxpayers, they got another five hundred and thirty five million dollars from the Treasury Department to pay back part of the loan that they already got guaranteed. I mean, only in Washington is something like this a good idea.
Speaker 4: And only Washington would they consider. Yeah, that's to be a success. Then they borrow more taxpayer dollars to pay off more taxpayer dollars, and we wonder why we're thirty six trillion dollar debt. It is just absolutely infuriating. And look, I don't know what tomorrow's electricity production is going to be. I've said this many times when I talk to you. It's why my organization is called Power the Future. So we may discover something great someday soon, but right now, we have to realize that we live in a fossil fuel powered economy and punishing us now does not usher in that better tomorrow. It does not It does not bring it to a more quicker market viability. It doesn't make us richer, it doesn't make us more prosperous. It just punishes us now. And we've seen that for four years of the Biden Harris administration. They told us we're going to force you to buy all these things. We're going to force wind and solar and evs and batteries, and we're going to force what type of stove you have and what type of hot water heater you use.
Speaker 1: How did it work out?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: We're poorer, we're broker where we're weaker as a nation, so tomorrow could be brighter than today, but punishing ourselves now is not going to.
Speaker 1: Bring a brighter tomorrow. Yeah, you know, I mean Barack Obama was a huge supporter of this, all the usual suspects in DC. And when things like this fail and fail massively, no one has ever held to account. You know, none of this has ever remembered. You know, this place is going to wind up being an eye sore out in the desert for god knows how many years. And you know, I don't know if that land is ever going to be usable again. I don't know what's going to happen to that. But I mean, the monumental failures, one after another is completely ridiculous. And now we have an administration that is looking to bring an end to these sorts of things. And when you look at the meltdown Daniel Turner that the left has had over this USAID, USA, I D and the ridiculous amounts of money they've been spending money on and the things that they've been spending money on, you see what animates the left when it's one of two things. It's either abortion or a cut in spending any spending whatsoever, and they have an absolute meltdown and a conniption.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I tweeted it just took a little while ago. You know, the whole Maga movement make America great again. Doesn't mean it's going to be easy. And I think of an old comics skit by the great Bill Burr where he talks about being in shape and how hard it is, and he jokes like, is it hard to get fat? No one ever struggles to get fat. That's easy, right. Getting thirty six trillion dollars in debt is not hard.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What our politicians have done to us for decades is not hard. They pat themselves on the back and say how they work so hard. But it is very easy to go in debt. A lot of us know the experience, right. It is very easy to live above your means. What is hard is fiscal discipline and being abstemious and saying I can't afford that, or we don't have the money to do that. That is hard. And America right now is at a critical debt point and we see the crazy spending trying to reel it in. It's going to be hard, right. There are going to be groups that are cut off. You know, to a certain extent that Democrats are lying when they're talking about how these are life saving. But you know, financing transgender comic books in Peru a thirty eight thousand dollars grand by the way, that was rejected recently. Funding transgender comic books in Peru does not make America stronger, richer. It's just some stupid pet project that we shouldn't pay for. But there are going to be some pain points in America. But I'm sorry to say they are they are necessary. Right. It is hard that first day you get on the treadmill. Your body doesn't like it. You don't like it, but you do know it is necessary, and America has to get on a treadmill. Luckily, we have a president who has the moral convict and the guts to say, let's go, fatty, you got to start walking because you are unhealthy and out of shape and you're going to have a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when I look at some of the things that that they want to cut, you know, when you want to cut six million dollars to UH to Egypt for terrorism, you know when you want to cut money that goes for a box lunches for Taliban fighters. You know, when you want to cut stuff like that, it seems to me that that that's low hanging fruit, that would be the easy stuff. But even that, when you when you look at it cutting that and started shutting down things like that, then you get the Ilhan Omar's out there, and you get Bernie Sanders and you get Chuck Schumer out there to say that we're witnessing an oligarchy taking place, and you know, and they're and they're saying, they're calling back to calling Trump a dictator now because he would, dare you know, cut cut this sort of wasteful spending out of the federal budget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it is so necessary. And we have to remember the ideological difference between the left and the right, and the left does realize that money is power and spending money it means you get to influence people, and you get to push your power, and you get to start organizations that have to hire board members. And that's why they love government. They love big government, and they want more big government because more government means power. It's a lot of what we're seeing in the RFK hearings. Right, if you are a healthy you don't need pills and you don't need surgeries. And if you're a healthy, autonomous and let's add on top of that and you're prosperous and you're happy, you don't really need that much government, do you. In fact, those people who are healthy and prosperous and autonomous kind of seek government as a pain in the butt, right, they're the ones that make their lives difficult. Who loves government? The unhealthy, the weak, the indebted. They want more of those people. So, yeah, you're going to see this huge revolution of cutting off the government's spicket. Because the left does want unhealthy, dependent, weak Americans. It means more government and more power for them. They have no incentive to see Americans be autonomous and prosperous because then they don't need them. And if you're an elected Democrat, you have to make yourself relevant otherwise why why vote for them? Right? So, we are seeing a huge shift right now, and it's great to behold.
Speaker 1: It is so much fun to watch. And when we see the reaction from those on the left and the and the national media. Does this mean that Trump is walking in and getting closer to that target?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think so. Yeah, And it's just begun I mean, these have been as I've seen many people quote on social media, this has been the longest year and it's only you know, February, right, that was a pretty remarkable first for teen days in office, and we've just begun. But we are starting to see that he is over the target on a lot of these programs. I think he has the gumption of someone whose house was rated, who was they tried to assassinate twice when agencies turned a blind eye, who was indicted falsely by you see a lot of his like I'm not even remotely saying this is revenge. This is a man who they have tempered right like like like steel in a forge. They made Trump this way because of what they did to him. They can't be surprised that he's going to try to undo a lot of the damage to the American people after what they've put him through. So if they want to blame anyone, they should blame themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, how about how about the diplomacy that we're seeing, I mean, really, at the speed of light. In less than twelve hours, he came out and said, my you know, my tariffs on on Mexico and my tariffs on Canada are going to take effect. And then in less than twelve hours, Canada comes to the table says we're launching a one point three billion dollar program Canadian dollars, which is about nine hundred million American You know that we're going to step up our patrols and our enforcement at the border. Then Mexico comes to the table and says we're sending ten thousand troops to the table. I mean, this is this is faster than lightning speed that anyone has ever seen in Washington, and they don't know how to handle it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when you add on top of that what Secretary of State Rubio did with the Panama Canal, the Panamanian government canceled their contract with communists China, it does make you wonder what the previous administration did for four years?
Speaker 1: How about Rick Ronow being in those hostages homee, how about that exactly?
Speaker 4: They knew these things were there, did they not see them as important? Did they not have the will? Did they not have the desire? They knew that communist China was controlling the Panama Canal? Did they did nothing about it? They knew Venezuela had these hostages, they did nothing about it? They knew Mexico and Canada were facilitating the import of fentanol, they did nothing about it. So it is remarkable what government can do. And again, I may sound like I'm contradicting myself with the first part of our conversation where I blast government, but we're not anarchists. There is a role for government. And Donald Trump assuring everyone what government can do when it runs effectively.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be a role that's a lot smaller than what it is right now. And you and you touched on it earlier when you when you talk about cutting spending. You know, money is in Washington, d C. I think more than anywhere else. Money is power. And that's why Pete Buddha Judge was you know, so so giddy towards the end of his term because he had a billion or so dollars he was able to laidle out under his administration the Secretary of Transportation, and so that that gave him a sense of power because he had money, when in reality, I mean he had I think, really no understanding, no concept of anything that had to do with either good policy or good governance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look, a lot of these problems also are created by Congress themselves, because most politicians are too cowardly to put their name on specific spending legislation, so they either sneak it into an omnibus bill or they vote on something absurd like five hundred billion dollars to advance democracy. Well, there is no advanced democracy. What there is are hundreds and thousands of little, tiny, ten thousand dollars grants. And that's what Elon Musk is looking at and saying, well, you're not getting money, because how does that advance democracy? How does transgender puppet shows in Mexico advanced democracy? How does? So? If Congress really wanted transgender puppet shows in Mexico, they would pass a piece of legislation, but no one wants to put their name on that, dan, So what they do is they try to sneak it through allD. Elon Muskin his Doze Committee is doing and saying, hey, look this doesn't advance the actual stated goal. It's not going forward. So again, Congress to themselves is to blame. If they really wanted to fund these programs, they would just alter legislation. It's their job, right, But they don't want.
Speaker 1: To do that. All right, Well, Daniel Turner, we got to run, but and I didn't even get a chance. They ask you about Chevron, and apparently now they are calling the Golf of Mexico the Gulf of America. And I'm saying, when Sevron, when Sevron goes down that road, they ain't coming back.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, it's glorious to say.
Speaker 1: Daniel Turner, Power the Future. You're the best, my friend. Thanks, thanks as always for being We'll talk to you again soon, real pleasure.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Good, There you go, Daniel Turner, Power the Future to twenty six. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW. It's been really cool to.
Speaker 10: Hear that that the Bearcats are going to be at Arrowhead next year for the opening and then obviously it gets a great program like Nebraska. It will definitely get the get Bearcats excited. And I know I'll be in the tennis cheering on the cats for sure.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm skokes, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Bearcats. Who's talking about the Bearcats? That's a Taitay's boyfriend. Oh, for God's sake.
Speaker 8: Travis Kelsey talking about he's gonna the football bear Cats open up the season at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City on Thursday August on Thursday August twenty eighth against the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, it doesn't Nebraska have its own stadium.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but Arrowhead Stadium? What about the Green Salad of Salvation and the bingo seventy thousand people?
Speaker 1: Well, how many people in Nebraska's got a big?
Speaker 3: Hum?
Speaker 1: Many people? Can you put in the brask mon?
Speaker 8: But I mean they're all going to go to Kansas City. Oh, I mean Thursday night, prime time, come on, So it is going to be stacked and packed. I bet you Travis Kelsey will be there, along with Katay, Dad, Carrol, the Stoots, reporters of Proud Service, every local Tame Star. He didn't get air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called the experts at Preferred Home Comfort five one, three, eight nine to two h v A C.
Speaker 1: No Roxy today. What's it take?
Speaker 8: Afternoon off?
Speaker 1: I think I need to bring this to your attention before we go any further.
Speaker 8: H Oh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Paul Cogan has spoken about what well, you know how Cunningham sits here and he's always you know, who's your mount Rushmore of you know, yeah, you know, greatest uc athletes, who's your Mount Rushmore of?
Speaker 9: Of?
Speaker 1: You know, Cincinnati restaurant tours? Who's your Mount Rushmore? Of this, that and the other thing. Paul Cogan has spoken about his Mount Rushmore a professional wrestling Go ahead, do you want to do? You want to know who they are?
Speaker 8: I would say one of them is Andre.
Speaker 1: That he starts with the one and only Andre the Giant.
Speaker 8: Then he I think he mentions the Macho Man, Randy Sam.
Speaker 1: Macho Man Randy Savage is in there. Do you want to guess the other two? Go ahead and tell the Nature Boy Rick Flair and then finally Rowdy Roddy Piper. How about that? I have to agree with that. That's the Hulkster. He doesn't put himself on the Mount Rushmore. Buddy say, I would say, hard argue with that. I mean, I and I think you know you could probably are you maybe with Piper and Macho Man. But Andre the Giant No, and the nature Boy, no way.
Speaker 8: But all those guys, and all those guys were before Hogan that brought the greatness to him. Oh yeah, I mean they were, they were, they were ahead of their Bbo Brazil. What about classy Freddie Plassy, the Hollywood fashion plate? What about the manager?
Speaker 1: What about the iron sheet Jimmy Hart, the iron cheek, That's what I'm talking about, Bundy. What about hot, said Jim Duggan.
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 8: What about?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 8: What about the million dollar man?
Speaker 1: Ted dB Ausse, one of the all time greats. I was listening the other day when the sheriff here we go, Undertaker, Undertaker, one of the Stone called Steve Austin. I don't know but you, but the sheriff lin talking about the royal rumble didn't get any.
Speaker 9: Better than that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 8: College basketball Tonight.
Speaker 1: Undertaking is maybe this could be Rockies welcome music when he comes in.
Speaker 8: Late college basketball Tonight, Big East Action sent to center the site, Georgetown, e Xavier, most guys fourth and the Big East.
Speaker 1: Let's Go Muskies.
Speaker 8: Coverage begins at eight o'clock after Sports Talk right here on seven hundred WLW. Also tonight, Kentucky's an Old Miss at seventy SPN fifteen thirty, Miami's at Central Michigan, and Dayton will play host of Davidson. As we mentioned, the college football the Cincinnati Bearcats twenty twenty five schedules out seven games at Knippert Stadium. The opener against Nebraska, as we said, Thursday night, August twenty eighth in Kansas City. The home opener is September eighth against Bowling Green. Bowling Green who is four and oh against Cincinnati Bearcats in this series.
Speaker 1: So the Falcons come to the.
Speaker 8: Nip Also, Iowa State, UCF, Baylor, Arizona and BYU come to town this year for the for Scott Saderfield's Cats NFL National Football League. Of course, Chiefs and Eagles continue prep for Sunday Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orler and the Super Bowl action Sunday. Right here on seven hundred WLW Red's update, rech pitchers and catchers better.
Speaker 1: Not be late. Let's go arid.
Speaker 8: Pitchers and catchers report Monday to Goodyear Arizona spring training camp.
Speaker 1: So that's less less than one week away, right. We will hear the start of spring training.
Speaker 8: Hot Stove League tonight at six oh five TJ. Friedel and one Wade Miley of the special guests.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good lineup right there.
Speaker 8: So there you go right there, and then you got to love.
Speaker 1: The Hot Stove League. Even though it's not really that hot outside.
Speaker 8: Back to basketball. Get the latest on NKU North Tonight on The Coaches Show at six, Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. See what else is going on here on our as a national signing day for high school seniors. Good luck, uh Columbus and Buffalo Tonight NHL Hockey seven o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: What about the Cyclones? Cyclones any good this year hosting Iowa? They're doing any good?
Speaker 8: The Heartlanders in town tomorrow. Yeah, they started out rough, but they kind of righted the ship a little bit late last month and rolling into this month. So we'll see what happens with the Clones.
Speaker 1: Aaul Cogan says, those guys laid the groundwork for everybody that came after them. He says, correct, he says without without you know, the Nature Boy, Oh yeah, without Andre the Giant without But but I don't. But I don't know how I can say without the really rowdy Rodney Piper or the Macho Man, because those were his contemporary. He was in the ring the same time as those guys were.
Speaker 8: You could put it.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw him fight. I saw him fight against Macho Man.
Speaker 8: And what's the Watchum, you could, you could put a hundred guys on Mount Rushmore and wrestling still pretty good?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, Honky Man?
Speaker 1: Oh John Cena, that's pretty good. What about Stings? I don't know Sting Bulldog? What about Jake the Snake? Yeah it was pretty good, but what a man?
Speaker 8: What about Caine the Big red Machine? The mayor of that town in.
Speaker 1: Tennessee, Kane was pretty good? Yeah, that was that. That was pretty good. But seg I saw a piece here talking about Super Bowl referees. How much do you think the referees who worked the Super Bowl get paid?
Speaker 8: I would say that they get a pretty penny for doing that.
Speaker 1: So you're average NFL referee makes a little over two hundred grand a year. Okay, so that's not bad to begin with. That works out to about twelve grand a game. Not bad. So you're out there, you're doing your referee work, you come in, you change your clothes, you got to check there. For twelve grand, that's not bad. Not bad. Let's see, uh for the for the Super Bowl, well, postseason they get a little bonus for about four grand for every postseason game, and then for the Super Bowl they can get a bonus of between thirty and fifty thousand dollars. Wow, how about that for the referees Persy Percy. Yeah, before or after the Chiefs deal? Well, I guess you know, if if you got to, if you got if you got to give the Chiefs a little home cooking that might cost a little bit more a little that's a bonus. You ain't get no takeout recue year. If you do that, you got you gotta give. You got to give the Chiefs some home some home cooking.
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 1: You believe any of that stuff? No, I mean there's all those conspiracy theories out there talking about now you know they always want the Chiefs to win. Mahomes always against the calls, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: Gotta beat him.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the Eagles will do it. It should be good. How many how many times we're going to see Taylor Swift on TV?
Speaker 8: She may say at halftime they said, with WA's his name? I don't know who? Who's the dude singing?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't either, do you? I don't even I don't even Kendrick Lamar Lamar never heard of him? Can you name it? And then Beyonce? Want I guess one another Grammy. Yeah, the other day, how many Beyonce songs can you name? How about Kanye West's wife the other night? That dress you see her? I know you saw it. I heard you talking about it.
Speaker 8: And then how about what I mean, Will Smith's kid with that castle on his head? I mean, do you imagine if you're sitting behind him, I mean, let him out of the house like that?
Speaker 1: Where are the birdcade's out there?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I can't. It was like a I don't know, I need one of those next year for the tailgate crashers pregame party.
Speaker 1: And long word there you go. Yeah, yeah, so you can.
Speaker 8: I don't. I don't get it. I don't know. I don't. I mean, Hollywood, is the Grammys pass me by?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have Sarah least making something that's maybe in the shape of Willy's head. I feel like Willy's head on top of your head would be you kidding?
Speaker 8: Like, So, I don't know. I saw those two things happen the other night. I'm going, what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?
Speaker 1: That was horrendous.
Speaker 8: Guy's got a castle. I'm thinking, what's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: I mean, Will hardly see his face.
Speaker 8: And then his sister's out there and she's hardly got nothing on.
Speaker 1: What was that dress made out of? Though I have made out of plastic or.
Speaker 8: I have no idea. They weren't even invited.
Speaker 1: They threw him out.
Speaker 8: He crashes the party, and and they you know, and he wasn't even Kanye West's white wasn't even invited.
Speaker 1: They took him both out. Yeah, they say, well let her stay, you know, you're out of here, dude. I don't know. I didn't want I don't I didn't watch any of that crap.
Speaker 8: I didn't either. I just saw those two pictures and I said, that's it.
Speaker 1: Who needs it?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's but I mean that that that guy, that thing on that guy's head was just I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I used to watch the Grammys when Elton John was there, right, you know, and when music was music, Steve Miller, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Because you can buy the records and all that stuff and this and that. Now now now you can't even get a record except up that you know, down the street.
Speaker 1: And everybody's right downloaded on the computer. I don't know. I had to make it from the friends of mine were making fun of me the other day because I said, well, I have a CD. They know. I feel like, what's about I guess I'm old fashioned now because I because I listen to music on a on a disc.
Speaker 8: Now you just get it out of the clouds.
Speaker 1: I guess our cassette tape. What about cassettes or eight track? I don't know. Fifty ex fifty grand for for a rep for an NFL get for million the super Bowl? You know that modest? I mean that's because.
Speaker 8: You know you have a good you know, they evaluate those referees and it's an honor to do those games. It's like Randy Marsham umpiring, like World Series playoffs. That's that's the ultimate, you know.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they don't have full time reps though. I don't know, but I know the.
Speaker 8: Kansas City, I think, But otherwise they don't. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Those guys. Those guys get paid a little bit more. That's right, seg go ahead and get us out of the Stude report, if you would.
Speaker 8: Please, Dan Carol, in honor of a nice day here the Trice Date, but cold, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewd Report.
Speaker 1: So all you criminals, all you low lifes, all you scumbags, all you drug dealers, and.
Speaker 3: All you crooked politicians need.
Speaker 1: To answer one question.
Speaker 6: Brother, what you're gonna do when Donald Trump and all the trump of maniacs run wild on you? Brother?
Speaker 1: God bless you and thank you. How about that hulkster when he was at the convention. I mean you talk about David He literally brought the house down, correct, that was that was so on fire, It was fantastic. No one can do it like the Hulk.
Speaker 8: Take your vitamins.
Speaker 1: Take your vitamins, and don't forget it's Andre the Giant, the nature boy, Rick Flair, Rowdy Roddy Pipero man and said former red Well years ago he got drafted by the Red So you make it. Did he play in the miners? Did he played like a half a season in the miners or something like that? He got there and Wendy rate this. Did you ever see the thirty thirty within him in the about him and Elizabeth? Yes, pretty sad, not kidding, you know. He wasn't taking vitamins. He was taking something else, not good. Yes, sir seg we'll see you later, Yes, sir, Dan on seven hundred WLW, I got the Big Ones seven hundred W l W two fifty seven, a couple of minutes to go here before Eddie and Rocky take over, Dan Carroll, And for Bill Cunningham, thank you for listening. I'll be back on Friday. For Cunningham. In the meantime, I've got my Wednesday and Thursday night shows here on seven hundred WLW nine minut night. So if you want to tune in then that'll be great and I appreciate that. So I just look back at all the stuff I talked about today, and it really is a catalog of one government failure after another. And I talked to my buddy Michael Monks out in Los Angeles and we talked about what's happening with the people whose homes were burned down in the wild filers there. I mean an absolute just a disgraceful tragedy, made worse by the fact that those people still could not get back in their homes, or not well not get back in their homes, but get back to what's left of their homes to start the process of rebuilding. Now, obviously there are safety concerns but how long has it been?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Three weeks, four weeks, a month? This is what year is this? Twenty twenty five? Do we not have ways to mitigate that? They say, if you're going to go in there and work on your home, you've got to wear a mask. Didn't we have mansks that protected us or we were told that we're going to protect us from the from the wuhan virus if you walked around with a mask you could buy for seventy five cents at a Walmart that you needed to have that if you were going to walk into restore or place where anybody was going to be, and you had to have that on so you didn't infect other people. And we can't get something any sort of protective equipment for people out there who want to get rid of everything that burned down, get their lots cleaned off, and you know those and not everyone has the means out there to do that. But even after the president went out there and told the mayor that they had to, you know, cut the red tape, let people get in there and start cleaning up their homes. A massive failure there and elsewhere in California. You've got this power plant, this a solar powered plant that it did little more than incinerar eate thousands of birds over the year. Never lived up to us expectations, and we spend billions of dollars on that was supposed to last about twenty five years and they got about eleven years of use out of it, and a complete boondoggle there. And it goes on and on and on. That's it for me. I'll see you tomorrow night on my show, Wednesday and Thursday night, and then back here again on Friday for Bill Cunningham on the Home of the Reds and spring training starts next week. Seven hundred WLW News Traffic and Weather, News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: FBI agents fighting back to try and keep their jobs. This is the three o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. A class action lawsuit has been filed by a group of FBI agents. They are suing the Justice Department to prevent the DOJ from making lists of those FBI agents who worked on the cases of people prosecuted for attacking the US capital four years ago.
Speaker 11: The class action lawsuit points to a form FBI agents were ordered to fill out seeking specific details of their work on January sixth. Cases, the expressed fear is the answers will be used to target agents for discipline and dismissals, adding that there's no other legitimate agency purpose for the information to be collected. The suitnotes FBI agents are tasked by their leadership and quote not free to refuse assignments based on their political or personal preferences.
Speaker 12: That's ABC, Stephen Port. Now we have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If your at risk trusts the experts at you see Health for innovative and personalized hardcare. Expect more U seehealth dot com. Change seventy five eastbound before Levenon Road. Accident on the right shoulder, A couple of cars stell on the right burm waiting at a tow truck here, break down on the right hand shoulder of seventy five south bound at Cooper and we've got cruise there now. The traffic lights at Cannonwood at Creek Road in both directions not working correctly, so caution advised here. Two seventy five is in pretty good shape overall, but we will see the sodowns eastpounded westbound at the Kentucky Indiana state line. As we have the ongoing work on the cl Cropper Bridge. Now, this project is going to continue right on through the summer. I'm Rich Shrump News Radio seven hundred wd WELW Now.
Speaker 13: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center. Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 14: Clods will start to fade away throughout the rest of your Tuesday with some sunshine peering through. Not a whole lot of warmth today, though only a high of forty four, much closer to average. In that northeast wind at ten miles per hour, we'll keep the wind chill into the upper thirties most of the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Clouds are back overnight tonight.
Speaker 14: We dropped down to thirty feeling like twenty three out the door on Wednesday morning with the northeast wind at five. Cloudy Wednesday, with rain late into the afternoon and evening in a high and thirty six Premier Severe weather Station. I'm ninth vers Warning Meteorologist Brandon Spinner News Radio seven hundred WLW forty two degrees right now in Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: This news brought to you by Coordinated Financial Planning at.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW two fifty seven. A couple of minutes to go here before Eddie and Rocky take over. Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham, Thank you for listening. I'll be back on Friday for Cunningham. In the meantime, I've got my Wednesday and Thursday night shows here on seven hundred WLW nine to midnight, So if you want to tune in then that'll be great and I appreciate that. So ye, I just look back at all the stuff I talked about today, and it really is a catalog of one government failure after another. And I talked to my buddy Michael Monks out in Los Angeles and we talked about what's happening with the people whose homes were burned down in the wild filers there. I mean, an absolute, just disgraceful tragedy, made worse by the fact that those people still could not get back in their homes or not may well not get back in their homes, but get back to what's left of their homes to start the process of rebuilding. Now, obviously there are safety concerns, but how long has it been now three weeks, four weeks, a month? Do we this is what year is this? Twenty twenty five? Do we not have ways to mitigate that? They say, if you're going to go in there and work on your home, you've got to wear a mask. Didn't we have masks that protected us or we were told that we're going to protect us from the from the wuhan virus if you walked around with a mask you could buy for seventy five cents at a Walmart that you needed to have that if you were going to walk into restore or place where anybody was going to be and you had to have that on so you didn't infect other people. And we can't get something, any sort of protective equipment for people out there who want to get rid of everything that burned down, get their lots cleaned off, and you know those not everyone has the means out there to do that. But even after the president went out there and told the mayor that they had to, you know, cut the red tape, let people get in there and start cleaning up their homes, a massive failure there and elsewhere in California. You've got this power plant, this a solar powered plant that it did little more than incinerar eate thousands of birds over the year. Never lived up to us expectations, and we spent billions of dollars on that was supposed to last about twenty five years and they got about eleven years of use out of it, and a complete boondoggle there, and it goes on and on and on. That's it for me. I'll see you tomorrow night on my show, Wednesday and Thursday night, and then back here again on Friday for Bill Cunningham on the Home of the Reds. And spring training starts next week. Seven hundred WLW