Speaker 1: This is Kathleen Martin.
Speaker 2: You're listening to UFO Headquarters. Beautiful headquarters, and welcome. It definitely is to all of our listeners, whether you're here in the United States of America or in one of the many different countries abroad that we have listeners, and we really appreciate and thank you for joining us. Michael Warden with Linda Zimmerman. Of course, Linda, how are things going.
Speaker 1: Our life remains interesting and you know what that involves.
Speaker 2: Yes, our lives are about as bizarre as our paranormal interests.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, yes, yeah, yeah, so we have a very interesting case. But you have some things you want to talk about first.
Speaker 2: Yes, So you know, I noticed on some of my social media that because the phone clearly listens to my conversations about things like UFOs et cetera, that there's some apps that you can self report UFO activity. So you can look up in the sky and you can go on the app and apparently input the details of that, and then you can look in real time to see where other people are experiencing. And as we always tell people to there are so many other it's great to do that. I think it's a great idea, but people have to eliminate the obvious first. You know, the FAA website, the air traffic it's very easy to find out if there's air traffic in your area unless it's military, and then you're probably out of luck. But drone activity and that pesky venus that seems to always show up all over the sky and every manner. So I think it's a great idea though, and it's a a good step in the direction. It's just we have to make sure that the reports people do out there, you make sure you're really doing good reports, because if you're reporting airplanes and satellites and star Link and all that, that's not going to help us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the there is that app also for satellites, so if you can rule out satellites, you can rule out you know, regular FAA transponders. Like you said, not a lot you can do about military, but there's a lot you can do, you know, And there's plenty of astronomy apps to make sure it wasn't venus that you were yeah seeing.
Speaker 2: I actually downloaded one for my son because we got him a telescope and you can actually hold your phone in the direction and it shows you like amazingly all the stars where they are, what they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and identifies them. It's their great apps.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So just just for yeah, just for the stargazing aspect, I recommend one of those. So all right, so shall we jump in here?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Shall Yeah. So I'm calling this UFOs a lake in Bigfoot because we're covering UFOs and Bigfoot by a lake.
Speaker 2: So I love it.
Speaker 1: See, I employed all my author years of authorship to come up with that title. But I was thinking wistfully the other day about a lot of the we've we're losing a lot of great UFO witnesses in the last few years, particularly from the wave of the eighties, and I thought of one man, Ted Windsor, who was one of the most delightful people I've ever interviewed, just a real character, wonderful and he was about seventy five when I had interviewed him, and I thought, gee, would be great to talk to him again. Fortunately he passed away a few years ago, so I thought little tribute to him, And also he had just a fascinating story which tied into some other activity. So Ted was born in nineteen thirty seven and starting in the nineteen forties his family started spending summers on Glenmere Lake in Florida, New York. Now it's beautiful there. I have kayakeed. I used to kayak every day. I have kayaked hundreds of times on Glenmere Lake, gone way back in this swampy area on the eastern coast. Have never been there at night. I think after this, you know, I don't know if you're allowed to, but yeah, canoeing or kayaking on lakes at night is kind of how shall I put it, asking for trouble something like. But he in nineteen forty seven, so we're going back. That was the Kenneth Arnold here of his size. So we're going way back. It's a beautiful summer night. He's fishing in a canoe with a friend and his father. He's about ten at this point. They're on the west close to the west bank, and the east bank is was heavily wooded, probably a lot more heavily wooded, you know. In forty seven, he said, out of the woods over the by the east bank, a bright, round lighted craft rose up. He said it was like the full moon, that bright, that round it lifted up, and he said it wasn't floating. It was moving under power, So this wasn't somebody releasing a weather balloon from right and then it underpower it moved to the south end of the lake, which believe me, is high strangeness territory. I'll try to touch on some of that. And he was just fascinated. He wasn't afraid at all. He said, he'd never even heard. He didn't know anything about UFOs. Chances are the term flying saucer hadn't even been coined yet, depending on when that summer it was, so he didn't know what a U. He didn't know what he was looking at, but he was fascinated. The father, however, had a slightly different reaction. He immediately started shouting, you didn't see anything. You didn't see anything. What's what's up with that? Had had he seen something before?
Speaker 2: What? You know? I always say this whenever I hear stories like this, How common is it that we hear two people witnessing the same exact thing having two very different reactions, often one positive and the other one very negative to some extent, Like like you said, he doesn't the term UFO probably wasn't even around, and he's just watching that. His father's freaking out, Like how two people, same event, completely different experiences.
Speaker 1: Right right? You know, it kind of makes me wonder was this man in World War Two? Had he seen other things, you know, and his ventures around the world? You know, speculation, but it just seems to be a rather extreme reaction. You know, you could imagine him saying, oh, oh my god, what is that? But you didn't see any like, we don't talk about this. So yeah, very very very interesting. So why don't there are but wait, there's more? But why don't we take our first break and come back for more?
Speaker 3: Hudson River Radio dot com Hudson River Radio dot Com subsidiary of Glacier Entertainment LLC, blasting the competition in New York's Hudson Valley.
Speaker 2: Well, we're back on lend. You promised more before the break, and I'm gonna hold you to that now.
Speaker 1: I here we go. Okay, So ever, here of Paul Smith College and the Adirondecks.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever had.
Speaker 1: Neither, had I had to. I had to look it up. Apparently it's in the middle of the ad of Rondecks. If you go up to Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and keep going, Brian, are you familiar.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, they do a lot of outdoor environmental.
Speaker 1: Yes, environmental forestry.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Have you been there. I've been in the area. I haven't been on the campus, but I've been the parks in the area and all that. Yeah. Yeah, so it's rather remote. Oh yeah, yeah, and would have been more remote in the late fifties. So late fifties or very early sixties. Uh. Ted is hunting with six friends near the Paul Smith College. It's October. And guess what they're in? A canoe once again, canoe on a You think you Ted would have learned? He said there was a bright He said it was star like object, but many times bigger than a star, so clearly not a star. Because it was also moving quickly in a series of right angle turns.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay that way.
Speaker 1: No aircraft doesn't either. So they were just stunned. And plus, you're I mean, you're very vulnerable. What are you going to do, You're a captive audience. You're a canoe on a lake at night. So they watched it for a while make these right angle turns, and then it shot straight up at an extremely high rate of speed. So there were seven of them. They all saw it, they're all. But after that day, five of the guys denied anything. It all happened. So there we go.
Speaker 2: Again, Yeah we all why are they denying it?
Speaker 1: Ridicule factor, I don't or just fear right now, A lot of people just get so scared. Ted said he was later stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, and he said he saw a similar object there. So here, you know, ten year old boy has this very close sighting and guess what has another one has another one, and it's going to have another one. He was then stationed in Korea near the DMZ as a medic and he said he saw a lot of weird stuff in the sky, but you know, there's spyplanes, there's all kinds of activity. But you know, after a while you probably get a sense of what's ours, what's theirs, what's nobody's right. And he said his captain would just laugh at him and say, oh, you're being ridiculous. Until the night he and the captain saw five very bright objects come together. Sounds like the sighting I had where three objects became one. Only these separated again, and as five separate objects took off towards the north at a high rate of speed. Okay, so very interesting. Captain was a believer. After that, he said, two weeks later he got a phone call and he said, when you're in the middle of Korea, you don't expect a phone call. But somehow the call came through. A friend of his worked at a radar installation to the south, and he asked Ted. He said, have you been seeing anything? He said, We've been picking up a lot of things on radar radar quote that are too fast to be ours. Okay, and this is of wording it right, and this is this is what he's You know, people's lives depend on these radar guys. And when the radar guys is like, uh oh, what is this? And they had been tracking these objects for a couple of weeks, going right over Ted's position. So chances are that sighting he and the Captain had was captured on radar. And he said, you know, I know what I saw. He goes, but it's really nice to get radar confirmation, right, so.
Speaker 2: You know, was he was it the years he served? Was it after the war? When you know, I'm curious, you know how how active the area was around the DMZ even then? You know if it was in the years afterwards, do you think any air traffic in that area not only is it restricted but closely monitored?
Speaker 1: Right, right, I don't think he was there during the war. I could be I could be wrong on that, but he you know, I'm not sure. But yeah, still in the fifties or early sixties, the DMZ area of Korea probably a very interesting place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of tensions where right, both sides were expecting the other side to come across at any moment. So I'm sure that radar operators in that era were specifically looking for unusual targets that could indicate aircraft or bombers and things.
Speaker 1: So right, right, Yeah, there was a sighting which really put UFOs on the map in the I don't want to give the wrong date, but it was two crews of B twenty nine craft saw bright, bright orange round object over two different cities, and that information went worldwide and it really started putting the idea of UFOs in people's heads. But again, who's of B twenty nine's They kind of should should be considered reliable witnesses, you would hope, or you wouldn't be putting them in a B twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would, you would think the highly trained people are pretty incredible witnesses here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah so another so this activity he sees even on the other other side of the world. But let's come back to Glenmere Lake again. He is now in the nineteen seventies. He is a surveyor and so gets to go through you know, the woods all in the area, and he started going back to his beloved Glenmure Lake and he said, one day he's out hunting with a friend in those woods on the east side of the lake where he saw that craft rise out of it, and they had a pack of hunting dogs, beagles and you know beagles. They just let me add it right, they love to be out in the woods. And they said, these beagles had been out hundreds of times, you know, show no fear. They go, they go after things. He said. All of a sudden, the whole pack of beagles comes running back, he said, quote scared to death, like what you know what scares a hunting dog? All of them rule pack at the same time, he said. Then the two of them hurt. He said, heard in quotes a beeping sound. He said, it wasn't something we heard with our ears. It was like in our heads. I felt like it was a warning to stay away. So clearly the hunting dogs heard it as a warning or something scaring them off. However, Ted's friend says, we've got guns, let's go find out what it is.
Speaker 2: That never ever ends.
Speaker 1: Well, what could go wrong? You're in a UFO area and you're gonna go running in there with guns when the dogs are running the other way. So Ted said, I said to him, you can go over there, but I'm not because he remembered that sighting and anything that is beeping in their heads and terrifying their hunting dogs, so that was probably wise. He didn't do that. So, you know, there's just so much bizarre things I have heard over the years. Glenmere Lake. I had one witness just a year or two ago say they were remember the craft landed on the south side. Yes, they were doing some hiking. And this is very weird, very convoluted. I could probably spend a whole episode on this. But they saw some strange looking people walking that then they lost sight of them when they shouldn't have lost sight of them, and they tried like where did that person go? And you know, like the ground was muddy and there were no footprints, and there was even an old car they saw that was driving through the woods, which shouldn't have been driving through the woods, an older car, and again it's just it wasn't there. They tried to track it and it was like headed for the lake. They went all the way down to the lake, and it wasn't really a road you wanted to. It was more of like a path, right, And he just he just said a couple times things have been happening, like he's kind of looking at stuff that wasn't really there or maybe happened before. Just weird stuff, like mind boggling weird stuff. And that's on the south end where I've been. I've been down. There's some big houses there now, good luck. I'd love to know what goes on. There's some very big houses there now, but you can imagine years ago was probably all dense woods with UFOs landing in it. Yeah, So I would love to know anybody who there's a lot of looks like summer cabins on the east side that are now, you know, lived in year round. I would love to hear from anybody who's vacationed at Glenmere Lake or lives there there. I mean, these are just the few things I've heard. I'm sure there has to be a lot more going on that hasn't been reported.
Speaker 2: Would it be too weird if we knocked on people's doors and asked?
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be the first time, would it. We've been there, done that with, you know, with the murder cases and things. But yeah, if you know anybody in from that area or you spent the summer there, I'd love to you know here it is a lake related place again. So that's the UFOs and the lake part. I promised you something else, But why don't we take our second break and come back for the big Foot portion of tonight's program. This is Hudson River Radio dot com, your local Rockland County station.
Speaker 2: This is Hudson River Radio dot com. Yeah, and welcome back to the episode, which should be titled Lake's UFOs Encryptids.
Speaker 1: Oh my, oh well, we can switch it. It's pretty good though, Yeah, and high strangeness. But so, just this past week I was interviewed for a film on Strange Things in the Hudson Valley. I don't know why they called me but don't imagine. One of the stories I told, one of the cases I've investigated fits in very nicely with tonight because it happened at dun Dun duh, Glenmure Lake. So h we have lots of UFO stories from Glennmure. We have weird things things happening on the south side. And in eighteen eighty one, I think it was May of eighty one. You know, we both love combing old newspapers and archives. The smell of archives in the morning. Yes, that old musty paper came across a couple of newspaper, long detailed newspaper articles that in May of eighty one, people's livestock started going missing. Dogs are going missing. And somebody found a cave on the property of William Green. I looked it up in the old Orange County maps and found exactly where his farm was on the east side of Glenmere Lake. And they found this cave and it had the bones of animals, goats or sheep been there was a they said, a dog with its back broken, which is horrible. But clearly something was taking animals and eating them, all right, you would hope it wouldn't be a person doing that, but you never know. So someone was walking through the woods. This was an active farm, but you know, there were wooded areas on this farm, and he happened. He didn't realize. He was walking near the cave, and apparently he came across a human like humanoid, something tall and lots of shaggy hair covering its body. He said, between seven and eight feet tall. He's terrified. He looks at this thing and it apparently let out this screaming shriek. That was one of the things people were hearing at night, this strange sheep shriek through the woods. So this thing screams at him. He passes out. He is out by the time he woke up. Fortunately he hadn't been eaten. He got up, he got out of there. And then a couple of farm workers sat down for lunch one day and they see something kind of stooped over walking through the woods. They think it's an old man or something like that, and one of them was very nice. He says, hey, old men, you want you want half my sandwich? You know, figures maybe it's somebody down on their luck. And it gets closer and they're like, oh crap, it's not human, and it looks at it looks at them, They look at it, and here we go. This is one of the things that makes me think it wasn't an eight foot tall human. It gets down on all fours and races back into the cave. Okay, people tend not to drop down on all fours and run very fast. Not generally, not generally Okay. There was a great comment in one of the articles that said people refused to to ride on Glenmere Road at night. No one would go. It would even go on the road during this time. And they said that it was just the farm of William Green. They said Bill Green couldn't sell his really good farmland for one cent an acre at this point. So it's this is bad people are the whole town is terrified. They won't go anywhere near it. So enter iras Sebolt, who I looked up and he was a person living in Orange County at the time. I'd like to find descendants and we'll find out in a moment why he was a hunter. And one day he was on a canoe in the Glenmere Lake and he figures, Ah, I've got my gun, let me go hunting for this. They were calling him the wild man of the rocks. That's so, you know, they didn't have the Bigfoot term. So when you don't understand something, let's shoot it, right.
Speaker 2: That was his the best option in these cases, I think, or at least it seems to me that's what they think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but damn, what if it was some crazy old person who just let his hair grow, right, I mean, and you're gonna go kill it. So he's sneaking up towards the cave area and he sees this black, shaggy haired creature stretched out on the rock, sunning himself. Not not you know, hurting anybody, not threatening anybody. So he says, he draws a bead on its head and fires, and fortunately he missed. He said, the hair was so thick and shaggy. He must have you know, miscalculated, but he must have at least skinned it, because the poor thing screamed in pain and rage and ran back to its cave. He went running up to the rocks, and there was a big hunk of hair there. He must have, you know, hit the head and tore off a big Who knows if he damaged the skull or whatever, but in all whatever damage, he caused. He caused a big chunk of hair to be shot off the head of this poor creature. Said it was about eight inches long, black and course, and they actually sent it to some scientist eighteen eighty one. You know, you're not running DNA or anything. And the best they were able to determine it was either human or ape. Okay, not not nailing it down, you know, poorly, but it was good because it wasn't a bear.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just that was my thought that you know, bears do tend to sometimes behave they do stand up, They could be quite right menacing when they do, but then they run rapidly on all fours.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, So that was a post So that's great physical evidence. This doesn't happen to You don't often shoot hair off of a big voel. So why I was hoping to find descendants of either I Receibal the Hunter or William Green the farmer, because Sabolt kept part of the hair and William Green kept a chunk of the hair. So I'm one, I one would hope that wouldn't get tossed out in the family. So we're throwing that out too. Florida, New York William Green. I don't think Ira Siebolt lived in Florida, New York. I think he lived in Middletown or somewhere in the area. If you know any descendants, could you imagine finding that hair today?
Speaker 2: That would be an incredible fine. So I hope someone out there listening help right, just goes, oh, that was my great great you know, great grandfather, and he kept that hair in his bible or something.
Speaker 1: But I wondered what that hair was, and yeah, in that in that box. So glen Mere Lake, we've got bizarre high strangeness with people and vehicles appearing and disappearing. On the south side, we have UFO rising up out of the east side landing on the south side, we have terrified hunting dogs and a strange warning beeping going on your head on the east side, and then on the west side. In eighteen eighty one at least we have the uh what I called the Beast of glen Mere in fact that if you want more information, and I have pictures of the area and the map I had several years ago, I did a YouTube, So look up a Beast of glen Mere on YouTube, and I think it's a five or six minute video but shows you exactly where that was. And I think I know the farmhouse which still exists. I would love to get on the property. Could we find that cave?
Speaker 2: I you read my mind. I was just thinking the same thing, like is that cave still there? What you know? I want to know?
Speaker 1: Now? Are there bones in there? Is there any DNA? Is there any droppings of the wild men of the rocks?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know you can learn a lot from scat as they can call it. So, I mean, what would they do with the cave? Are they going to do? Blow it up?
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, seal it up? I how big of a cave is it? I'm curious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so wow, we have more questions than answers today. But yeah, so I definitely would love to walk around that old William Green farm and see if we can find that cave. So anyway, thank you Ted Windsor for your fabulous eyewitness accounts and definitely yeah, just he was a great witness and we're losing too many, too many of those great witnesses. And it's good to you know. This is all in my book, The Hudson Valley UFO's Best Best Evidence, The Big The Big Book, yes, the massive volume of hus all things Hudson Valley UFO, but the the the Beast of glenn Mere isn't in there, so you can see that that video. But yeah, I would love to hear from people if you have any information on anything we talked about tonight. And we have some work to do, Mike.
Speaker 2: We definitely do. And I just wanted to throw out that through out there that sometimes or often, when you have UFO reportings, you have cryptid sightings, whether it's a Bigfoot or some other you know, mysterious type of a creature. So whatever people's opinions on those types of things are, they do tend to go hand in hand to some extent, so they may be related, but you know they could.
Speaker 1: Be yeah, yeah, And here in one I mean Glenmere Lake, Florida, New York. Not not a huge area, not a you know, it's kind of an obscure place in the whole scheme of things. And starting back in eighteen eighty one at least, we've got a very well documented Bigfoot case with evidence starting in the nineteen forties UFO stories and even in recent times, the weirdness on the south end of the lake. When I think of how many times I kayaked by myself there. I'm glad I didn't know these stories. I even used to go in the winter sometimes when there was a thin layer of ice and I would just plow my kayak through the ice there. But yeah, again never never in the dark. So maybe that's the key.
Speaker 2: Well, now we have to go kayaking at night on Glenmere.
Speaker 1: Lake sounds like a play and to me, and hiking.
Speaker 2: I didn't say I wouldn't do it, and.
Speaker 1: Hiking through the woods on the west side, all right, then take us out.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for joining us again for this awesome episode of UFO Headquarters on Hudson River Radio. If you are new to the show, you can find us on any of your favorite podcast platforms, and I highly recommend you start from the beginning and binge listen. You won't be disappointed. If you've been a long time listener or with us for a short time, we appreciate thank you for joining us. Without you, we would not be doing this and until the next time, get your eyes on the sky.
Speaker 3: Hudsondriverradio dot com a favorite among shut ins and dogs