Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one Double U Jr.
Speaker 2: Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one Double jr R. I know, are you enjoying your buffet over there? Thank you so much so chomping away. I'm like, we're about to go on the air, Dude. I heard the interro start and I go, oh, son of it gone. I'm glad to spin it to dip my tea.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Miller's Al House with all the basketball going on, that's where you go, Miller's Al House.
Speaker 2: They got their slam dunk aps happening, but looks like shrimp slam dunkin in them right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't get the Buffalo shrip, but they do.
Speaker 2: Have a look at the buffalo.
Speaker 1: Chicken wings, chicken fingers and wash it all down with a nice cold beer. Get their big beers there, That's what I always get.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's uh. They have those right now.
Speaker 1: Corzlight Millernite big beers only four forty nine blue Moon big beers as well.
Speaker 2: Buck Moore.
Speaker 1: So uh, remember when you're looking for some baseball or basketball hangout spot.
Speaker 2: You know, to go to Miller's l Any Sports. They got you covered there. They're the official sponsor of the Magic Too. All right, thank you Miller's Ale House. Feeding taco this morning. You gots during during the rock news segment, don't you love it?
Speaker 1: As soon as the guy that's bringing all the food and runs the place, big manager comes in here, he looks over across.
Speaker 2: And he goes, what's going on, taco? Well, huh shall we do some some rock news? All ready to rock? Uh Tuesday? Ticket takeover happening. Remember on the JR insta at one O one one w jr RT Volbeat tickets today if you want to swing by that at some point might have a chance to scoop up the tickets. Just look for the post and act accordingly. You'll be registered and available as I've done for the last month or so. While the fan vote continues for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fourteen nominees this year, who ends up going in no change in the top five This week it's still Cindy Lauper at five Sound Garden and four. Billy Idol last week fell to three. He's still at three bad Company, he keeps picking up more votes. There you go. It's that's who I'm champion this year. Fish still just smoking literally the competition. I see way way out front there. So talked earlier and played it for you a couple times this morning. Evan Essence new song outs pretty cool. It's called after Life that will be featured in the Netflix anime series Devil May Cry, which will be going on the streaming service soon enough. I believe the single will be available for you to grab on Friday. Pretty good song. Yeah, if you have not heard it, you will, and it's very good. Kirk Hammett from Metallica says he has seven hundred and sixty seven riffs ready and under consideration for Metallica's next album.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: He says, quote, it's gonna be such a nightmare going through all of this stuff. Well, he can probably use some of it for the new solo album that he's also working on. If you remember, I think it was twenty twenty two he had that solo EP. It was an instrumental EP put out. Uh, this new one he's working on since it may have some vocals on it as well.
Speaker 1: So am I the only one that when I hear people like him having a solo project that I kind of go, come on, just focus on Metallica.
Speaker 2: I don't mean you probably are the only person who does that. You really think that. I thinks a great guitarist man, let him have a solo project. I know that.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, whenever I hear these one off things that bands are doing, I'm like, you have such a great thing, Just do that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to take it away from you, know, Metallica. I think it'll be I think these guys got it figured out by that. I'm worried. No worries. I'm mer taco.
Speaker 1: I'm just chicken fingering now.
Speaker 2: Sully ern Yeah, never mind me. Sully Erna from Godsmack is answering questions as to two missing band members as the band has started their European tour. Missing in action drummer Shannon Larkin and guitarist Tommy Rambolla. They're both gone. A familiar face though hired hand Will Hunt sitting behind the skins for the local boy.
Speaker 1: Here have you got Will on your side? When it comes to that, you are your set drum one?
Speaker 2: And then Sam Colton, who's played with Dorothy Faster, Pussy Kat and several other bands, is sitting in on guitar. No problems with the two missing band members. They've got some personal things and commitments going on, Solly says, all good. We're just gonna move forward with this and everybody's getting along quite fine. Filmmaker Kevin Smith will be hosting a special screening and question an answer session with Gwar at his Podcastle Cinema's August thirtieth in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. He will be screening the definitive documentary of Gwar, This is Gwar at the theater, then after words the question and answer session with the band. I love the pricing for this. This is fantastic screening and question and answer twenty five bucks.
Speaker 1: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: You want to go to the screening, question and answer, and then you get your photo with both Kevin and the guys in Gwar one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I think anybody would do that, any fans of Jay and Silent Bob or any of his Mutt very creative stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Gar had some great The guys in the band had some great digs at Kevin and his quote watered down movie theater, soda and looking forward to the masses of pimply faced fans showing up to ask questions. Guar gets it bad? Oh, I know, so do their fans. So to their fans and finally, wait, now I get a couple more things here. David Lee Roth, he told you he was coming out of retirement to play in Columbia, Maryland there at festival. He's now added a new show on the other coast. He will also be playing later this year in September in Saratoga, California. So I don't know if this is Dave just itching to get back out there and do stuff. It's just two shows and that's it, or he goes back into retirement, or he's going to be firing up the David Lee Roth machine again.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, well he's definitely playing both those shows. Yeah, but I'm saying after that that m three meter festival in Maryland. I've had that on my bucket list for a few years. What's been alday back springbook. Oh, he's talking rating a little inside Baseball there. But anyway, the congratulations to George Lynch and his band Lynch Mob, formed in nineteen eighty nine after his exit from doc and they played their final concert this past Saturday at the Madinah Entertainment Center in Minnesota. That tour recently swung through here in central Florida with one last show. I believe they played the Barn in Stanford. I think our engineer, Frank the Engineer was there for that too.
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, and that's the first time I've heard you say Minnesota, just the real way instead of go to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: There, Minnesota, and that would be your rock
Speaker 1: News one on one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station.