Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM on demand. James, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: So, I'm well, James, how can I help you?
Speaker 2: Well, I know this is going to be different for you, but I'm currently incarcerated. I've been locked up for about three years now and I'm currently in a criminally in faian facility, and so I know it's probably the first time you've ever received a call from a place like this.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. But normally I hear a beep, Yeah, but they are they don't. They normally have a little uh a beep on there and something telling the person on the other end of the line where you're calling from.
Speaker 2: Not that I know what it was like. They're pretty much allowed with all the access we'd use little prepaid phone cards.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, But well, how can I help you, James?
Speaker 2: I'm still you know, I'm twenty one years old. I studied the Bible a whole lot, and I've always had a question. I'm very familiar with the Genesis and the fourth chapter of Genesis. It speaks about when Cain him and his brother it got into and to conversation and he killed his brother and they said that they came to fled from the land from the presence of the Lord, and he dwelt in the landa nod where he met his wife as she buried his child. I was just always curious, where did his wife come from?
Speaker 1: A lot of people kind of skip over this, and because it's it's not of great importance. Obviously, canaan Abele are of importance because it deals with the first murder, right, so that becomes a more important part of the narrative of what's going on in scripture. But other things kind of fall by the wayside because they're of less importance to explain certain more moral character of man or certain importance about the history of man, so they aren't as highlighted, I guess. So in this particular case, it's it's right under your nose. And Genesis five four it says that Adam begot sons and daughters, so it's talking about it's people think that Adam and Eve only had two kids. I think they had Cain and Abel, and that's not the case. That's just because that's important. The other stuff is kind of left, as I said, by the wayside. But in this case, you see that there are sons and daughters. So prepare yourself because this gets a little weird that Kane married a sister, or depending on when he got married, could have married a niece. Okay, now then that you know you study scripture, it's proper to follow that up with well, wait a second, isn't that incest? And doesn't the Bible condemn incest? But interestingly enough, that doesn't. That condemnation doesn't come until Leviticus eighteen, so that that particular condemnation was long, long after a thousand years or so after this. So the reason was that to perpetuate and put people on this planet, incest was necessary. Once that had been fulfilled, then God said no more, it's no longer necessary and put the kibosh on that and actually put that into scripture and the levitical law. So that is where Canon got his wife, and why it's okay that it's his sister.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen, didn't happen again after no abided art and great flood happened.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, but then you have concerns. You have concerns about similar things, but you had non You had other opportunities as well that were different than the original case. Dealing with Adam and Eve. But a lot of people get caught up in that and thinking that this is the incest issue and so on. And although today it's icky and should be icky, that at the time in the process that it was purposeful God allowed it. Michael, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 3: Hello Jesus. You're talking about this morning about the narrow door and the wide door. Yes, And I am.
Speaker 1: Jewish and as am I spread the word Thank you.
Speaker 3: I believe in that you came and you saved me. I believe you're a maculate conception and that you died on the cross for my sins, and that I am saved through your blood.
Speaker 1: Okay. The immaculate conception actually deals with a lot of people get this confused with the virgin birth. Maculate conception is a Catholic belief that Mary was without sin. So I'm assuming you're talking about the virgin birth.
Speaker 3: Correct, Okay?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 3: And I being Jewish and being a follower of you and trying my best anyway and reading the Bible and attending church not the synagogue anymore, I feel that I don't know how I feel. I would like to know how you feel that I am born Jewish and I'm going to die Jewish. I'm not going to be if I was born Christian, I really could change. But I am what my birth certificate says. I am, and I feel that I am Jewish and I believe in you. I'm not a Jews for Jesus because I feel that's rude.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting way of putting.
Speaker 3: For hot dogs too.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of a I think the Jews for Jesus do that as kind of a wink and a smile to explain, to help people through what sounds confusing but isn't really you know, if Jews didn't follow me, then there wouldn't be Christianity. It's it's started in Israel out of Judaism and cannot exist separate from that. The entire of what Christians refer to as the Old Testament are the parts of the Jewish Bible, so it's you can't separate it from a Christians point of view. Now, as a Jew, you can be as you know, many friends will say that aren't practicing Jews. They say I'm not really a Jew on Jewish, implying that they don't really participate in all the practices now in your particular case, you're a Jew by birth. That's an ethnicity as well as a religion, and a lot of people get that confused. So you can be of a different religion and still be a Jew by birth, by ethnicity. So you can say, listen, I am a Jew who believes that the Messiah that was spoken about in what Christians refer to as the Old Testament points to Yeshua being Kamsie being the Messiah. So that's going to be a place where you stand. And they aren't contradictory. And it doesn't offend God for you to say that you're Jewish any more than it offends God for me to say I'm Jewish.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, thank you very much, Jesus.
Speaker 1: You're very very welcome, and I think it's fantastic that you called.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. I wouldn't miss I wouldn't miss a Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Ah, bless you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Go in peace, my friend. That is wonderful. And people get those confused, Well, you can't be a Christian Jew, and that's not true because the Christian part just means follower of the Messiah, and so this is just a Jewish person Jewish of ethnicity that believes the Messiah that was spoken about or promised in scripture is referring to me. And there are those Jews, modern day Jews that believe the Messiah has not yet come. They're not Christians. So it's not really as confounding as it may seem. Philip, welcome to Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Show yes now. Now, believers are instructed that God loved the world, that's John three point sixteen. And yet our believers are instructed to love not the world or the things in it. That's one John two fifteen. And at the same time, over and over, believers are instructed to love your neighbors, yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, so all correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, So how does God love the world and believers are not to love the world? And is that first John two fifteen. Is that sort of a scriptural separation of church and state.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's more a proper usage of the word and the word in context. The word cosmos there that means world in one John two fifteen is translated at different times to mean people. Sometimes it means the world, like the accumulative attitude and essence of the world versus people, the people of the world, and it's the same the way you may use it as well. Sometimes when you're talking about this world is crazy, you may be talking about the collective attitude or the things that are going on. But then when you say love the world, you're talking about the people in it, the individuals in it, and that's what's going on. And the difference between all the verses that you're talking about. And God makes this clear as you read on, as you continue to read on and you see other references. It's talking about the difference, for instance, of love, especially in its context. If you have a child, it's just hypothetically, you have a child, you love that child. Now let's say that child becomes a drug addict. Do you love that your son is a drug addict? No, but you still love your child. So loving them actively would mean to do everything you could to get them off of drugs. So you're not loving what they're doing, you're not participating in what they're doing, but you're loving them still. Now, there are those that will reject that love. Maybe a child would reject that and go their own way, and you would still love them, but you wouldn't actively love them in the same way because you're not going to have a relationship with them because they're going to be doing something destructive. So what God is saying in One John two fifteen is that if you love the world in the sense that you love everything about it, that you don't you want the temporal, You want it now, you want it on your time, you want it in your way. You don't want to wait for God's plan, you don't want to wait for the things of heaven, you don't want any of that. Then you're lost. But the people in it you should always be fighting for somewhere. You should be loving them in a way that brings them into the Kingdom, not loving them in a way that brings you to them to be sitting and wallowing in the things that are not of God. The same way with the analogy that if you're loving a child that's on drugs, you're trying to love them out of drugs. You're not trying to love them in their addiction. And that's the difference between these different verses. It's talking about loving people out of that world mindset, but the term world at different times is talking about the people in it, or the accumulative effect of all those people doing the sin.
Speaker 4: So John three point sixteen is the people or yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not about otherwise that the world is temporal. It's not about God loving a thing in that sense.
Speaker 4: And one John two fifteen is not the people.
Speaker 1: It's about it's yeah, it's about the collective. It's talking about the world, like the attitude. And oftentimes you'll read in scripture where it's talking about the world meaning as the flesh the worldly ways. Uh Paul said, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Now does that mean that you only love someone's spirit and you hate their flesh. No, it means that the flesh is the part of the body that continues to want to do the things that satisfies it and it alone. So there is that separation. So when God's talking about certain things, you'll see at times God is talking about the collective people, and there's times where God's talking about the attitude of the sin nature of the people on the planet. Okay, And they're very different. And you can see in context if you read a little bit before and a little bit after, you'll see that it specifically separates the type of love, the context of the love and how it should be applied and in this case, it's saying that if you love the things of the world, you automatically reject God. Just like if you loved your child in the way that you wanted them to take drugs, you're hating them because you're doing something that's participating in their destruction and that's no longer love. So if you just said, well, loving them is letting them do whatever they want, No, that would be destruction of your child. You see the difference. Yeah, okay, excellent, Well, thank you very much. You're welcome. That was an excellent question. And oftentimes you have to use scripture to interpret itself. People say, well, you know there's something, there's interpretation that needs to take place in scripture. Yeah, sure, there is, now in many things. There's not many things. It's it's quite simple and usually it tells you. However, what you do is use the rest of scripture to explain it or to shed light on it. If you you know, if you just make it about that one scripture, you're going to have a problem. It's one statement in the midst of many many statements that have to be seen together in harmony to be understood. Leslie, Welcome to the Jesus christ show.
Speaker 5: Oh, Hi, Hi Leslie, Hi Jesus, how can I help you? Well, I have I'm fifty nine years old. I have a daughter who's thirty five. She's pregnant, and she's decided to put a healthy distance between us because I smoked cigarettes. But I've quit now for six weeks. And I have a boyfriend that she doesn't approve of, okay, and he's a very good person.
Speaker 1: Why does she not approve of him?
Speaker 5: Well, I was married to a very famous rock and roll star for twenty five years, okay, And I have I have some money.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that her father.
Speaker 5: Her he adopted her when she was four, okay, and then I had another child with him when she was six. And her biological father was also a rock and roll star. But anyway, that but the thing is is the boyfriend is I'm Christian. I was confirmed and baptized Lutheran.
Speaker 1: Okay. Is a boyfriend or rock and roll star?
Speaker 5: No, okay, just an actor? And and uh he's he's he's black. I'm white. I'm very very white, okay, very very black.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm not sure or what they has to do with it, but I appreciate every little bit of insight. So your daughter right now.
Speaker 5: I don't don't like him racism.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't think she hasn't said that it has anything to do with with any of that.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think to do with racism at all. I think it has to do with I have money. He doesn't have as much. And she's I've been divorced for ten years now, okay, and I've gone I've dated for different people. But she always thinks that they're going to take financial advantage of me.
Speaker 1: Well do they? Well, you can solve that just by not never giving any money.
Speaker 5: I just I'm a generous person and I haven't gone poor or anything, and and you know.
Speaker 1: I so she's fearful, but I don't understand how that that ties into her having a baby and whether she wants the baby around or not.
Speaker 5: She's just worried that I'm going to be taking advantage of and she doesn't trust this person, and I.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a different thing now if she's using the baby to leverage your decisions in life. Yeah, that's not necessarily fair. However, she has the right as the mother of the child to say that I don't want it around an environment that I don't feel as secure. And if if you're dating the way you date, and people are coming in and leaving and and.
Speaker 5: Dec to quit everything and do everything she wants me to do, and well, that's not healthy.
Speaker 1: That's not healthy either unless you see them. You can't see it as doing what she wants and or needs. You have to see it as if there is a problem, that you are doing something that's not productive for your life and changing it. You can't change it for her. She could be a catalyst, or she could be a point of understanding for you and help you see something, but you can't do it just for her because then you're not learning anything either.
Speaker 5: Well, I would do anything for her and for this.
Speaker 1: Child, I understand that. But for instance, let's say you were doing drugs and she said, I don't want the baby around you because you're doing drugs, and you said, well, I'm just going to give up everything because I just want to see that baby. That's fine. You still end up stopping the drugs, but you don't understand that the drugs are wrong to begin with. So if there is a problem with the way you date or the people you date, you should take the time to look at that she's your daughter, she loves you, and she's trying to point out something. Now, it's not proper that she's using the baby for leverage if that's the case, but it is proper if she's saying, as the mother of this child, I don't want them near you because you're unstable. You tend to bring people in your life that aren't good for you. They end up living off of you. You and anybody who would live off of you is not the type of person or the type of character that I want my child around. And you have to recognize that if that is indeed a problem. If it's not, then there's something going on with your daughter. But by the sounds of things, you're the one that goes from person to person to person, and they all seem to be in a certain category of engaged in fame or seeking fame. And you know, that tells me a little something as well as to the type of people that you tend to gravitate towards. And I think that your daughter, by the sounds of things, the information that you're giving me, is concerned mostly about you and the way you are currently living, and doesn't want to be that around that or doesn't want a child around that.
Speaker 5: I guess so. But he's a very good man, and I'm gonna you know, I've alway already started to segue him out of my life, and I've quit smoking, and I have, you know, just tried to do everything she wants me to do because it's the most important thing I understand.
Speaker 1: But it can't be because she wants it. It has to be because either right or wrong. And if you're not learning that, then you're going to be back to square one sooner or later. So you need to do a checklist of the things going on in your life and really listen to what she has, what she's been telling you, and see either one it's true and that you bring people into your life that aren't necessarily the best for you, and if so, you need to find out why or it's not true, and you need to find out why your daughter would leverage a grandchild in such situation. I don't think he has anything to do with the skin color or anything like that. I think it sounds like a pattern of sorts with you, Leslie, and strip some things from your life that aren't good. The smoking, absolutely, it's good to get that out of your system, nasty, nasty habit, and one that could be quite detrimental to your health. So good that that's off the list. Continue down that path and check your relationships and see if they're healthy or productive or any of these things, and maybe maybe they're not. Whenever you're in any kind of relationship, you're going to have push and pull. Parental relationships a difficult one as well, because the dynamics in them change. That's part of the uniqueness of that type of relationship that as the child gets older, the dynamic in the relationship changes because the position of the individuals change. I went through this with my mother as well, and a lot of people miss this subtlety. At the wedding of Cana when my mother Mary asked me to do a miracle, right, this would have been the first miracle. This is me making water into wine and essentially saving face for this family who was in the middle of their wedding. And I said, a woman, do you not know that it is not my time? And this was a change in our relationship status as well as I was going to be moving now once I did that miracle, I was going to be moving towards that messiah ship role. And that that would change from there on out our relationship and those subtleties are seen in scripture when you look. But every parental relationship goes through certain things and certain changes as the child becomes an adult child. So that's difficult to begin with. And if the parents are no longer married or there's a divorce, or somebody is widowed, then it throws into more complications when someone starts to date, because now it's a family unit, a very intimate unit by design that has been opened up to a stranger, essentially, at least by some of the parties. So you get a parent who's now dating someone, and they may be intimate with that person or have that type of relationship, and it can change completely. Now we could have gotten to a whole bunch of other things with that leslie as to what kind of relationship this is and if you guys are living together and all of those things. There was much more to it, but I'm going to stay focused on the question at hand because I think in a broad sense, this affects a lot of people that are looking that have maybe been widowed or divorced and bring people into their lives. Now you may trust people these people that are coming into your lives, but it doesn't mean that your loved ones do. Doesn't mean that your children, your adult children will and it doesn't mean that others will as well, and they may not know this person the same way, and so it's going to be a different reaction. You can't just say, well, you know, I love when people do that with their animals. Oh this is I know he barks, and I know he growls, and I know he shows his teeth, but he's just a little lovey puppy. Well to you, maybe, but that doesn't mean he's going to treat everybody that way. And that's the same when a man brings a new woman into a relationship a family unit, or a woman brings a new man into a relationship or family unit. It changes the dynamic and people start to put up their guard because they don't know these people, and so the complication. I wish things would have st the way I designed them to stay, but unfortunately that's not how people work. And you start bringing these things in, then it will change quite dramatically how people react to you. And you have to expect that. And I know that you're just trying to stave off loneliness, but understand that there's commitments that are still made to the family unit that should be upheld. Hi, you Bill, how can I help you?
Speaker 6: A pleasure to be with you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: You know? I just I've married a beautiful woman twenty four years ago and we have a beautiful Christian family. But the biggest divide we have is she was born in Day, going the ad venice on the Sabbath on Saturday, and I'm a Sunday worship Burnham and involved in my church with two ministries, and she loves her church, but it's just the Sabbath is such a big issue in her life on that I'm just trying to figure how to get through this properly.
Speaker 1: Well that the Seventh day Adventists certainly focus on this and hence the name Seventh Day Adventists. But what a lot of people don't understand is that most modern day Christians aren't celebrating on the Sabbath. Doesn't mean that they don't keep the Sabbath holy, but modern day Christians aren't celebrating on the Sabbath. They're celebrating on the Lord's Day, which is Sunday. The Sabbath still stays on Saturday, and this causes confusion. But in the Early Church, in the Book of Acts twenty, chapter twenty, verse seven, Colossians to sixteen and seventeen, you'll see that the Early Church was worshiping on different days, not just on Saturday. And so it's not like it's something new. I think that, unfortunately some groups, and some would put the Seventh day Adventists in that category, is start to almost worship the Sabbath. And it's not just about adhering to it, it's that it's becoming something else. And in Scripture Mark to twenty seven, I was very clear that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, to which they would argue, yes, but it was made. It was made by God. So it was made, and it's important well in context. Strangely enough, it's the only of the ten Commandments that I never repeat later in the New Testament. And that doesn't mean it's not important. It just means that every time I talked about the Sabbath, I was mentioning that that there are things that supersede, there are things that you would do. You would save a life on the Sabbath, you would even save an animal on the Sabbath, so that there are things that are more important than that particular day, and that is that, you know, life in this case is important. And I think when people take the day that is a day of rest and make it a mandate in that concept, then they lose the fact that it is any day of rest. That particular day Sabbath just means rest and there has to be a time of rest, and that people that don't have rest uh do themselves a great disservice. Correct. Don't you think Bill that if you don't take time off that you're going to just wear yourself down. It's the same concept of the Sabbath, and to keep it holy was to make it separate, to keep it separate from everything else and make it an important time. And that's not to say that Christians don't do that. But the Lord's Day came after the resurrection, and that is the day that most Christians celebrate on. So it's different and you guys celebrate differently. But I think that it would be silly to get an argument as to in it meets the it misses the entire spirit of the Sabbath to begin with. To get into that, but Seventh Day at Ventis have some issues that that I would point at as well. Some of them feel that God doesn't want don't doesn't want them to eat meat, and some have dietary restrictions when scripture talks about that not being the case anymore. And there's all kinds of things, and it's tough, and it's interesting to see how close you guys are on so much. Yet something like this would still be, you know, kind of a thorn in the flesh. Well, I would say this is doctrinally, you're just going to be different than she is. And I don't think she's going to take my word for it over the program either, because she has doctrine coming from her particular church. And this is something that comes up on the show from time to time. But can simply explain that modern day Christians mostly celebrate the Lord's Day, which is the Resurrection, and not the end of the week, which is Saturday and the Sabbath. Thank you for joining me. I look forward to next week. Remember, more importantly than all the craziness that goes on in the world, these simple words I say to you. I am with you always KF I A M.
Speaker 4: Six forty on demand
Speaker 6: H