Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of The Poker Show Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. We are recording from the Poker gro studio down on the Las Vegas Strip. It is about ten thirty at night. I'm sure the Vegas Golden Knights hockey game. The crowd from that game is on its way out, so at least we'll be chilling here for a little while as we recap what happened down at the studio today. Big day, as we get into everything as it pertains to the p g T Million Dollar Championship that is taking place tomorrow. Hopefully you guys are listening to this in the morning of that two day event to get you prepped and ready to go for everything that's going to happen. We know the field, we know who's eligible. Granted they all have to show up, yes, but high likelihood that I would say ninety eight percent of them do. Today was a big day on the Poker Go Tour. First, we wrapped up the PGT Last Chance Series Event number six wrapped up. Tim and I can talk about that and how it played into the overall standings. The big race for the PGT Championship qualification and all that sort of stuff, and then we had Playing out is the Dream Seat Invitational, from which six people won Dream Seats to get into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So big day overall on the PGT. As we get into the end of our season, as always, do need to thank our sponsors. If you want to play free online poker, check out play poker Go. With play poker Go, you get the thrill of authentic poker anytime anywhere, from quick casual games to action pack tournaments. Play poker Go let you compete against real players around the globe, all for free. Hone your skills, make new friends, and enjoy the authentic poker experience you love. Got in there again last night, stack someone. I think the third hand that I played just brilliant stuff.
Speaker 2: I raised.
Speaker 1: I raised the Queen nine, got called it came Queen nine three or Queen nine deuce whatever we get the money in. They got ace Queen, I got Queen nine. Hello, let's go. One hundred million chips coming, Yeah, I got over a billion chips on there. I played the biggest games. I worked my way up to the top.
Speaker 2: I did in the study session. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys can exploit explore, play Poker Girl on web, iow as and android. Just steal yourself in now at play Poker Go Dot. Come all right, p g T Championship PGT Last Chance. We'll hit on Last Chance. First, we had our second two time winner from the series. Shannon Shore captured the title in the final events the sixth event of the sixth event series. He took home two hundred and ninety thousand dollars. So last time we spoke, we were entering the final table of event number three, right, So we had Nick Shulman winning the opening event, we had Shannon Shore winning the second event. Then there was that day off, Tim and I recorded a show. We talked about how Brandon Wilson had the chip lead going into event number three. Well, guess what, Brandon Wilson won it. And not only that, Brandon Wilson went on to win the next event, so back to back titles for him. Then it was Martin's Monni winning event number five, and then Shannon Shore back in the winners circle for event number six. This event number six was a sweat for everyone. One hundred and sixteen entries in this one really good turnout. Across the entire series, numbers held strong. What was the average one sixteen pretty much? Yeh yeah, so I mean really really good turnout. Everyone was sweating it. One of the biggest sweats in this final event was two people, Boris Angelov and Jonathan Tomio. They are some of the players who had enough points to be positioned in the top forty of the PGT leaderboard, but as Tim and I have mentioned before, they needed to get to a third cash in order to be eligible. There is a three cash requirement in PGT events in order to be eligible for the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So you need two things. You need enough points to meet into the top forty. You also need at least three PGT cases. Of course, you guys likely know Tomio one the twenty twenty four Doubles to Be main event. That's where he got the bulk of his points. Boris Angelov got fifth in the WASP main event. That's where he got the bulk of his points. So they had a lot of points from the WASP main event, but still needed to get a third cash. They had gone over and everything that they played up until this point the final event, and they both made it in Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 2: I can you have faith? I had faith they were gonna make it. They were pleading to the poker God, especially Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately Jonathan Tomorrow was for sure pleading to the book.
Speaker 2: Ye down and uh, but they got in. So that was a great showing. You know, baris obviously traveling from Bulgaria to come play these last start he did. He missed the first two events, I believe, but he got his cash. That's all that matters. Same with Jonathan, you know, probably took a few more events than he was planning on taking, but at least he's in there, got a chance to uh make a run in the upcoming pg T million dollars Championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Tomayo had been you know, after he made the run at the World Series of Poker and won the Wspmian events and he had to get that third cash. He played the NAPT events that we partnered with there, the high rollers that were part of that schedule to get a third cash obviously missed out. He was at the Texas Plow roundup down at our partner champions Club. He blanked out there and then you know, of course he's here and he's firing away, but he's going over, and then of course final event comes up, he ends up getting into the money. He cashed in eighth place, So probably a bit of a loser on the series, but he can all he can make it all up in the PGT Championship event. Boris Angelov did a bit better in this event, ultimately finished second place to Shannon Shore. He took home just under one hundred and eighty one thousand dollars and then it was Shannon Shore up on top with two hundred and ninety k some other sweats. At this final final table, you had two players. You had Dylan Lindy and you had Jeremy Becker. Now there was kind of two pathways that they were working to the PGT Championship event. So Lindy, if he got first place in this event, then he would he would have enough points to be in the top forty of the leaderboard, which would then get him into the PGT Championship. Or if he finished in second place, he would leap frog Martin Zemani on the series leaderboard to finish in one of those top three spots, and those top three spots then got you in to the PGT Championship via the dream seats that were given away at the series. Now, also given Lindy's position, he was going to be guaranteed to play in the Dream Seat Invitational no matter what happened today. And fortunately for him, at least he got to play in that Dream Seat Invitational because he bombed out in seventh plays at the final table. First one to go Jeremy Becker. So he needed to finish in the top three to get into the top forty of the PGT leader board, or he needed to finish fourth or fifth so top five to get into the Dream Seat Invitational. He could not get enough points to get up to winning one of the dream seats without also qualifying for the top forty leaderboard, so you can forget about that. So for him, six players left, he's just got to go one more spot in order to in order to guarantee the fact that he can continued the quest for the championship right now. I don't know if you saw his bust out. I don't think I agree with it, but.
Speaker 2: We had different thoughts on how he should play, and we saw him put out on different thoughts. You had very similar thoughts oh okay. They were very different to his thoughts where he said I'm gone for first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't know if he was, like that was just something he put out there on social and like whatever, I mean for him. It was interesting because everyone left. So when there were six players UF, it was Shannon Show, Boris angelov Renlin, Shawn Winter, and Steven Chidwick in addition to Becker. Shannon Shore having won the event already, having had this obviously made it to the position that he was in at this final table. He was going to get one of those dream seats, okay, and then everyone else is in the top forty okay. So it was an interesting dynamic because for Becker it was essentially a satellite yes to at least get into the top five, if not, try and satellite yourself into the top three. For everyone else, they could just do whatever they want, play it like a normal tournament, right, So that interesting dynamic was at play. Becker gets dealt the Queen nine suited Queen nine of clubs under the gun six handed believe he had eight point three maybe eight point three, one two five big blinds. He elected to ultimately go with it. He did one of those committing raises folded around to Boris Angelov in the Big Blind, he had King Queen suited. He put the money in, uh, Becker called it off, and Becker could not come from behind there. I personally would fold that hand. I think it's worth thinking about, but ultimately I think you got to put it in the muck, just given that this is like a satellite situation for Becker. I mean probably Queen ten suited. I think about Queen Jack stud. I think I'm in there. So I'm not saying it's it's anything egregious, Like I think it's worth considering. Yes, you know, I think I do you know lean to what you're saying. Where Becker at the end of the day was like probably thought, okay, gotta kind of play to win type of thing. That said, I think it was more important for him to do the best that he could to get into the free roll, and at least I know that, like, he wasn't guaranteed to get into the free roll if he got fourth or fifth, because he would still need to compete in the Dream Seed Invitational and then finish top six in that event. But once you get to five handed, if you can maneuver your way to five handed play, and your ultimate goal is getting in the top three, because then that gets you into the top forty. That gets you into the championship for sure. Then at least when you get to five, you have like that that nice cushion, that that net that if you you know, get the Queen nine and you want to jam it, Okay, fine, you know, at least you're gonna fall back on the fact that you're in the Dream Seat Imitational. His fallback, as he put on social media after, was off to the win six hundred. So he's down the street playing at the win. He will not be competing in the PGT Championship because he finished in sixth place in this event.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it's better for him once you get to six regardless of the people's chips, decks leave. I'm joking literally just folded. I mean, maybe play aces, but like vuote every other hand because I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you have to play a little bit wider than aces, I think, or you're just gonna like it. I Mean, here's the thing. The other players, I believe were well aware of the situation as well, So like, I don't think they're going to necessarily do anything too crazy.
Speaker 2: But think about the people you have. You have Sean Winter, you have the greatest short steck. You don't think these guys are trying to pressure each other to try and win too, so they could easily be some clash with should Wick. Four bet rips the Ice five suit into Rendland's Ice Queen, and he.
Speaker 1: Actually had a chance to for bet rip the Ace five suit and he just folded it. These knits, I think that hand was Redlin opened Shaan Winter three bit Chidwick found the Ace five suit and put it in the mucker. I mean understandable, yes, But I'm just saying I don't think these guys were very willing to just get after it a ton. And I think they from what I saw when I was doing the commentary, it did seem like they were doing the dance, you know, doing the tiptoeing around things, knowing that Becker had to do a certain thing and that was probably on his mind. So so yeah, I mean, who knows either way. You know, I think that I think it's safe to say that, you know, Becker coming out here playing all season long on the PGT, getting close to the top forty, you know, I think he's somebody who's here to stay. Yeah, he's gonna be you know, grinding those win six hundreds and all that sort of stuff regularly. But you know, I expect to see him at the kickoff coming up in a week or so. You know, I expect to see him firing plenty of PGT stuff throughout the twenty twenty five seasons. So as far as I'm concerned, Jeremy Becker has arrived. You know. Now he just kind of needs to take the next step. And as it pertains to the PGT, Like he won a PGT event this season, he had say, right around eight hundred points finished, you know, near the top forty. You know, he was contending in several events. I know Daniel Legrand who has talked about it many times that you know, Jeremy very much looks the part, acts the part, plays the part when he's in the studio playing these events. So I would expect all of that sort of stuff to continue, and then we'll see if he can raise the bar again take that next step, which is qualify for next season's championship events. So left to be determined if it happens. But you know, that's how things played out today for not only Jeremy Becker, but also Dylan Lindy, you know, just missing out. And then, as I mentioned, Shannon Shore goes on to win the whole thing, the second win of the series for him. Kind of crazy that we had six events but only four winners. Yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You're making it too easy for some of these guys.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, what's the macho manphrase, cream of the Ooh, yeah, whatever. Brandon Wilson, it's his time, Shannon Shaw, it's his time, and now they're in the big dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean these two guys. I mean, Shannon Shore obviously didn't finish on the top forty. Either did Brandon Wilson.
Speaker 2: Both very close though, just as so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, it must feel really freaking good to have this sort of confidence, have this sort of momentum, you know, just really have the wind at you're back as you're coming into this championship event. Right, You've obviously performed super well at this series. You know that you can hang with these caliber of players. Because a large majority of people playing in the PGT Last Chance Series are gonna be playing in the PGG Championship event. You know, they are top notch high stakes players. You know, they're all tournament grinders. They know what they do, they're doing, they're experienced, they're skillful, all that sort of stuff. So Suore getting two wins, Brandon Wilson getting two wins, you know, I think really does bode well for them confidence wise going into the PGT Championship. And you know, so don't sleep on them going into the PDT Championship. Now that said, they're gonna start with a little less chips than some of the other players, right, yeah, because the dream Seat winners start with how many big lines.
Speaker 2: You mean, Shannon Martin and Brandon.
Speaker 1: Well, all the dream Seat winners in general, But are they different. They're differentyea, oh, they're different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those three will start with one hundred and twenty five big blinds. The fortieth player, for example, on the lead aboard starts at one hundred and thirty big blinds and then it goes up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's how it works out. And then of course we had the dream Seed Invitational playing out, which had twenty five entries in it. Do you can you tell me who advanced? I know, ket.
Speaker 2: Alan Keating advanced. He had every chip in the room from like pretty much twenty players out. I don't know what's happened, but Alan Keating he did advance. Another player that has played some PGT EVN, Zachary Gretch, he also advanced. And then we had George Kasanas. And then we had two Poker Goo annual subscriber winners by monthly drawings. Joe Siico Junior. That name Israel.
Speaker 1: Joe Sico Sico wins PGT Write It Now Baby.
Speaker 2: The other annual subscriber was Rudolph Rothamund and Rudy Rudy Believe. And the final dream Seat winner was a person that won through our gleam social media promotions. A couple of retweets here and there's some likes that kind of stuff, Philip Johnston. So they are the six dream Seat winners from the dream Sea Invitational. They'll be starting the PGT Championship with one hundred Big blinds and yeah, the final six people to qualify for this fifty entrant field.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, So when we tell you guys we're doing this promotion, we're doing that promotion. This is ultimately what could happen to you, Like Tim said, maybe you fire off some retweets, maybe you respond to some stuff like a couple of posts. Follow this page, follow that page, whatever it may be. Maybe your Poker Co annual subscriber, whatever the case may be. We generally have several promotions running throughout the year that you can win really cool things with, and like Tim mentioned, some of those winners are now competing in the PGT Million Dollars Championship with a chance to win half a million dollars. Also, as a result of the festivities here at the studio, you had Jeremy Osmus locking up PGT Player of the Year honors, not that we weren't confident that he was gonna do so. Tim and I talked about it on some previous episodes. That lead that he had coming into the PGT Last Chance Series was a very big one for Jeremy Osmas, so likely in insurmountable lead, especially when second place Daniel mcgrowney was not going to be playing at the PGT Last Chance Series. And then, you know, just for good measure, Jeremy Alins went out and finished second place in event number four. He finished runner up to Brandon Wilson, but he did add one hundred and seventy six dollars in prize money one hundred and seventy seven points there, so he was able to get closer to three thousand. Think he finished the season with twenty nine hundred and sixty six points twenty six. Huh yeah, so close to three thousand, twenty six cashes over five million dollars. One he had won victory. So Jeremy Osmas absolutely positively showed out on the PGT this season. Congratulations to him. He joins Steven Chidwick and Isaac Haxton as PGT Player of the Year winners. Chidwick won it in twenty twenty two, the first official year the award, and then Isaac Hackston won it last year, and then this year. Of course Jeremy Osmas. And one of the benefits, well, two of the benefits. One, he gets a fifty thousand dollars prize. Cool awesome, love it. Two he gets to start the PGT Million Dollar Championship with the most chips. How many big blinds is he gonna start with? Sir?
Speaker 2: He starts with three hundred and fifty big blinds. There you go. That's but he's already complained about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what what's what now?
Speaker 2: If we were running it the same as Lasia, he would have started with two hundred and ninety seven big.
Speaker 1: Blinds, but the gap would be bigger.
Speaker 2: But the gap would be bigger, and he cares about the gap. I tried to give you more chips, tried to make it nice and fair for all these PoCA players and of course.
Speaker 1: Complaints. I like last year is way better because it because it incentivizes Jeremy, like somebody like Jeremy, even if he's in first place, like he didn't have to play any of these events, and he would have started with the same number of big lines, the same gap between first and second. But it incentivizes players to play as much as possible because they can gain more chips every time they get more points. I personally think that's a better way I get because then you get people firing to the end, even if they're absolutely locked in and you can't get out of the top four.
Speaker 2: You didn't see the numbers. We hadn't feature Oh yeah they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course a lot of them were firing, But you know, I think you might get a couple more firing. There was there was people in the top forty that weren't here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the main reason was to try and kind of wait, it a little different on the lower end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I also think that, like I think to Jeremy's point, I mean, he should be rewarded for having such a big lead and crushing everyone else.
Speaker 2: He's rewarded with more signing chips than he would have had lost yet, No.
Speaker 1: But it should be more. I'm on Jeremy's side personally here. Okay, listen, I'm here against me, but whatever, I'm against you quite a bit. We argue all the time.
Speaker 2: That's just one.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely against you. But whatever, it's fine. He's still gonna start with the most chips. So it is what it is. Just let me look at the PGT leader board as I pull it up right now. Who else we got in there? So we got Jeremy Osmas number one, number two, Daniel Legrand New I know he didn't play the PGT Last Chance Series, but he will be here on Friday for the PGT Million Dollars Championship set. Davies is in third. He played a couple PGT Last Chance Series events. Michael Rocco, he's coming, you know, he's already here. Jesse Loani is Yeah, but isn't he playing not Nolham at Holden, which I think is a little weird, Like.
Speaker 2: I like he's just getting he's getting the gro Like I.
Speaker 1: If it was me, right, I would play at least one last chance event just to like get especially for Yeah, you playing here, you get to feel out things like you know, how does the clockwork when you're playing? Like you know, what is it like just sitting in these chairs and being in this atmosphere and what's the tournament staff like? And the dealers and you get the battle with some of the players that you then might be battling with, Like you know, it's just it's practice. You know, I would not come in cold. You know, someone like a Daniel Legrando I think is a little bit different because he's in here for every single event that we have. You know, he just happened to take this one off, so I don't think he's someone that might need the practice. But you know, Michael Rocco isn't in the studio all the time, like he got the large majority of his points from the WSP. So if I was him, I would be here playing, even if it's just the final event just to get in there, you know again, start just feeling it, get going through the motions, all that sort of stuff. Jonathan Tomayo is sixth on the leaderboard. We mentioned how he was able to get his third cash, so he got his third cash during this series. Boris Angelov got his third cash during this series, and then another person from the wap Man Event Final Table, Brian Kim, he got his third cash from the series. Unlike Angelov and Tomayo, Kim got it in the first event of the PGT last series, so he came in he got that out of the way right away. He still played all the other events, but you know he's in there as well. Who are the players who didn't get it? I know, Jason Segal he tried. No, I know he tried, but I'm just saying they ultimately didn't didn't get it. So just before you name all the names, I'll let you get that prepared. Of the players that were in the top forty that ultimately didn't get three cashes. So what happens is they essentially get removed from the leader board and everyone gets slotted up a spot. So if you finished in forty sixth place and one player in the top forty didn't get three cashes, that player is ineligible. Then from or sorry, from forty first, then from forty first you get bumped up to fortieth and you're in. So who were those players I mentioned, Jason Segle being one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was six in total that didn't have enough enough cashes to qualify. One was Nicholas asked that Jason Segle, who you mentioned, he was here playing the first three events. He needed two cashes though, so hopefully he was probably trying to rip one off early then he could shoot for that third one. Matthew Lambresh, who you know played all pokemases here, he did not return. Andre's gonzales Ano, the WSP main event finalist, Elie Nakashi the PLO WSP PLO when he needed one more dinner make it. Malow Latinoir also needed two cash as he did not come. So that's the six guys that gave up their seats to the six just outside the top forty.
Speaker 1: And then who were the six that got in the six lucky ones?
Speaker 2: Justin Saliba, you're in.
Speaker 1: Mattheeleva was in to start series. That's the thing that's why this was like so crazy is you have these people who are like in like thirty five through fortieth, but then people below them like jump into the top forty and then they get knocked out. And like, I'm sure people I was here every day, but I was largely in the commentary booth. I mean you were out here on the floor. I'm sure people were like, where am I, What do I gotta do? What position am I?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who bumped me out? All the like, I'm sure it was crazy.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to a bad base, so don't worry. But justin Saliva snuck in, Matthew Wantman snuck in, Jonathan Little snuck in, Isaac Hackson, Sergio Aido, and Breck's gutten. They will fill those six spots vacated by the guys without the cashs. Let me tell you about this bad beat Brock Wilson, he was started, I think he started in fortieth or thirty ninth. He bricked every event and he only needed three points, oh my god, to get like from the very it. He yeah, he bricked everything. Bryce Jockey had that early final table and then he just just on the very last event got knocked out. That's the same with Danny Tang got knocked out in the last event. Sam Laskowitz got knocked out at it in the last event, So pretty brutal for you know, Danny wasn't here playing, but pretty brutal for Sam and Bryce who were in for those last five events and got knocked out. And obviously Brock was in until that last event too, but went cashless during this series, So pretty brutal for those guys. Yeah, it's it's pretty intense out here because people knew what they needed. They knew they needed like a men cash to go above this guy, or they knew they needed this to get onto the PGT Last Chance leaderboard and have a dream seat or have a dream pass. So everyone knew. Everyone knew exactly what they want, they knew who they want anti sweating, even though they didn't want to admit it. You know, every all win, especially as every event ticked on, was like it just was more weight involved for each player. So I think you know you're going to agree with me. We love this kind of last leaderboard chase with so many moving parts to quite.
Speaker 1: It also gives me a headache.
Speaker 2: It does. It gets very confusing. You have people I have players asking me this, and I'm like, this is the scenario, and then he's asking me this. I'm like, look, there's like eighty nine different scenarios just involving you. I can't really break them down. Just I kept telling these players just win. I know that sounds like, you know, but you control your destiny, Like you don't want to put your destiny in other players. You want to control it yourself. And the longer you stay in and you hit the money, you start laddering up points, you start laddering up places and make that final table, make a run on the final table. You control you destiny. That's the best way to kind of approach it and not sweat. You know, you keep bringing up the Jim Callipe story of Lossie is sitting at the bow, you know, sweating some results you don't want to rely on that you want taking in your own hands and uh get that, get that big.
Speaker 1: W Yeah, I mean I agree, you know, you got to kind of just take it into your own hands, control your fate at least to the best of your ability, and uh be able to get into this championship event. I while a lot of the different scenarios, you know, like I said, and you know, jokingly, because I do love it. It gives me a popsicle headache. I definitely can tell that it's working what we're doing now. I think we definitely need to improve on a bunch of things for next season. But that's fine. We can obviously work to improve on things. And why I say that I think that it's working is, you know, kind of just two things. One is a little bit more easier to get a grasp on, and that's the numbers in this this season's Last Chance Series versus last seasons, numbers had a big, big boost. Not only did the actual numbers have a big big boost, but like the players that were coming out, you know, a lot of new faces being like, yeah, this is the last chance. I'm aware of these dream seats on this leaderboard over here, so I can just compete even though I might not have any points whatsoever. So that tells me that, you know, I think there is a fair amount of interest in this series, and a growing interest at that. Okay, so there's that, and then just secondary, you know, then this is a little bit harder to measure, although I just know from being in the room and being at the studio and talking to these players and you know, whether it's you know, going through text messages or dming with them on like where they stand, what they need, all this sort of stuff, Like there is for sure a buzz and a feeling that you just get from being here. And they care and they know And yeah, maybe they don't know every single different scenario on how they can get in down to the exact science of it all, but they're generally aware. They know, they're firing, they're blasting, they're constantly bugging you, and that tells me that they care. Right.
Speaker 2: So, if we.
Speaker 1: Created a PGT Championship event, we, as in the company, you know, created this PGT Championship event that ultimately numbers grow and the the want to, the desire to get into it grows, and it's there and it's palpable and you can feel it, then we're at least on the right track. Do we have things to improve, sure, of course, who doesn't. That said, you know, I think we've done a really good job and I'm really excited for the stuff that we can put into motion for the next season, which, you know, as I alluded to a little bit earlier, is coming up in about a week or a week and a half or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: With the does this schedule?
Speaker 1: Yeah you, but I'm all for it, so I think it's great. As for the PGT Championship, do you want to let everyone know that if you are unaware it kicks off on Friday, it will start streaming on poker grot starting at four thirty Vegas time, that's seven thirty pm on the East Coast. Take it all the way down to a final table is reached. Do you know if they plan on stopping at seven or six? Because six are paying, they pay six, Okay, so you'll see the bubble on day one. Got day one, See the bubble on day one, they'll stop at six. Those six will come back on the next day. Six people cash from this event. There are a maximum of fifty players in the PGT Championship, so million dollar thre year roll max. Some fifty players. That puts you know the value of each seat at twenty thousand dollars. Now, there's probably gonna be I don't know, three to four people that don't show up, or that's my estimate at least. You know, we've just had that in past years. That's why I'm saying that so you know, the value is a little bit over twenty k overall, and then if you want to break it down based on chip stack, you know, the value is probably a little bit more for someone like a Jeremy Osmus because he starts with the most chips. Values a little bit less for the people that come in with thee hundred big blinds. But you know, it all kind of averages out to right around twenty K, five hundred thousand dollars. First place prize, it is a little bit top heavy, but that's the point. Second place is what two hundred yep. Yeah, so I mean let's go I mean the one year when Jason Coon wanted it was winner take all five hundred k, right, yeah, yeah, so keep this same, I mean we yeah, we'll keep the first prize the same, but the price pool did get bumped up. So yeah, great stuff, great, great stuff. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm certainly gonna watch it all. I'm gonna have Ali Najade and Jesse Sylvia on the call for commentary. Jeff Platt will be on the sidelines, So tune in if that's your thing, and I would hope that's your thing if you're listening to the Poker Go Podcast. Just know that that largely Tim myself on a smaller scale, put a lot of time and effort, as does everyone at the company into the Poker Go Tour. So if you guys can support us by tuning in, that would you be very much appreciated. We are very grateful for that, So definitely tune in again. That's Friday, starting at four thirty Vegas times when the stream will start taking it all the way down till the final six is reached. All right, sir, you and I Fantasy time, Baby, we're doing this. We're doing it. I got the document ready. We're gonna do twelve hundred big blinds. So here's what Tim and I are doing. We're gonna draft six players each from the list of players that are eligible to compete in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. We chose six because there's six spots that pay out in this event. But we're gonna put it a cap on starting big blinds and we each have twelve hundred that we can work with. So that means if you want to draft Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 2: Can we dobble up?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Can we drop the same person.
Speaker 1: No, no, what do you know?
Speaker 2: It's like one of those No, okay.
Speaker 1: No, like so, I don't know. Do you want to go first? Do you want the next two? You decide?
Speaker 2: Oh, snake with snake in it? Take the next two? All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Jeremy Osmas? How many big blinds does he have?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Three fifty?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Euro up, sir, there's.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. We don't want to make any conditions like you gotta choose. No, you have to. You have to.
Speaker 1: Look, I have eight to fifty left to work with.
Speaker 2: Yah, I get it. I just thought, okay, we might be forced to take like a dream scene or something.
Speaker 1: Should we do even less? But let's do a thousand big line? Fuck it right, okay, let's just make it harder on us. So I got six fifty left to work with. All right, you're up, sir. Two pick two?
Speaker 2: Seth Davies?
Speaker 1: Wow, what's he got? Three thirty? Ye?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Nick Schulman, Nick, I'm going all over the place. I'm I'm gonna work my way down the board.
Speaker 1: Tell me how many he is?
Speaker 2: Nick Shulman has two ninety. Seth Davis is three thirty.
Speaker 1: Nick Sewan has two ninety thirty is this is he just two seventy? Where are you looking on this PGTC standings doc?
Speaker 2: No, that's no, don't look at that one. Look at the one that says PGTC stats. Where is that? Let that one right?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You have yes, I have too many docs, too many.
Speaker 1: The first is big gt doc. Big, this big, huge PGT doc. Right, And the first first thing is PGTS.
Speaker 2: That's what I was making all the social I know, that's what I'm It's the first one.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't. It's all color coded, it's got all this stuff like that's what.
Speaker 2: I used the first one.
Speaker 1: Now oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but it doesn't have big blinds on here.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a thousand. I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I know, all right, two ninety for you, all right, so I get to now ummm, I mean.
Speaker 2: Take your forwa take you rusty d N eggs, washed up.
Speaker 1: I mean I have to take.
Speaker 2: He might have forgotten how to play, shut up.
Speaker 1: Forget the hell. And if you're listening, just know that I believe in you, and this idiot over here does not. Not that he believes in anyone.
Speaker 3: Umm hmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: I mean I really wanted to take Shulman's I'm a bit pummed there. Yeah, well I only got I can't wait. I can't take him. I can't take Daniel. Why because then I can't fill out my roster?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to Where are you putting these numbers?
Speaker 1: Well, you can't take show? We're going?
Speaker 2: Okay, why can I take? This is great?
Speaker 1: This is great, This is how this is how prepared we are. We're going back to twelve hundred big one, No, one thousand, No, we can't because you because you only have three hundred and something left and you need to fill four spots that they can one hundred. Fine, we're doing twelve hundred. We're doing twelve hundred, all right. So then I'll go and on you with three forty. Okay, so I can make that happen, all right. So now I gotta go to the bottom of the barrel here.
Speaker 2: Which is just a thousand scrubs baby.
Speaker 1: Great, yeah, Starzan Scrubbs is right. I mean, come on, Brandon Wilson.
Speaker 2: Good one yeah, yeah, one twenty five? Can you tell me how many points I have left to play with?
Speaker 1: Five eighty you got choose a we.
Speaker 2: Getting six players? Yeah, five eighty that's a lot.
Speaker 1: So you can do a cap of two eighty. This is just like the twenty five K fantasy, right, except I just set up the spreadsheet like I really want, absolutely hack.
Speaker 2: I really want. I'm not taking Kristen. She's not playing well.
Speaker 1: She's not She's not playing well. Kristen Foxon is.
Speaker 2: A beast not good. Rushed up, Jesus, good Lord. One sack, one sack one seco give me red Lynn gren Lynn, Lady Gaga, touchdown, Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: All right, one more? You got three seventy five, so s got.
Speaker 2: To gamble with with with my real boy Philip?
Speaker 1: The hell is your real boy?
Speaker 2: Philip?
Speaker 1: Help me?
Speaker 2: He's not playing IVY.
Speaker 1: I mean he's qualified. Is he gonna show up? Who knows?
Speaker 2: What's my max bid? Right now?
Speaker 1: One seventy five.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick someone that has had a disastrous PGT lost chance series disastrous, okay, because he's gotta use all that rung good. Who's a PGT championship?
Speaker 1: I have no idea who you're gonna miss?
Speaker 2: The Fox and William Alex a.
Speaker 1: Disastrous PGT Last Chances? How about a disastrous.
Speaker 2: PGT I mean he made the Freewell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's had for Alex Fox and standards. He has had a bad PGT season, yep. I mean he's been here playing and things just haven't worked out. I mean that's just the breaks in tournament poker. What are you gonna do? But but yeah, he's like he's like one of those those players that I would say is a dark horse to win it all because listen, Alex Oxen is an incredible player, as we saw when he ripped off that massive win down Wispy Paradise in Bahamas, Like he has the ability to do it. Yes, it just yeah on whatever whatever reason variants, it just hasn't worked out for him in the PGT events at the studio. All right, it's on me. I'm going with the guy who's hotter than anyone right now, mister Shannon, sure one twenty five for him, So I have a maximum of one sixty. I mean, I mean perfect, right, right? Do I want to do that?
Speaker 2: You're looking at Alan Key? Are you looking at Alan Kenny?
Speaker 1: Alan Key is going to be out in one like one whatever one.
Speaker 2: Orbit um.
Speaker 3: Hmmmmmmmm My max.
Speaker 1: Is one sixty. So that'll that'll give you an idea A good name there with one sixty. I know that's what it's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to take it if you don't.
Speaker 3: Umm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And what's that?
Speaker 1: So that's one twenty so one thirty five? All right, I'm gonna go with the guy at want sixty. Uh Steven Chidwick. Like Alex, Like Alex Foxen, I have a hundred left, so I have to take one of the hundreds. Like Alex, Foxen has not had a great twenty twenty four PGT campaign that said, we all know Stevie's like Stevie Stevie, just like we all know Foxes is about I mean, you can say that it really about anyone on this damn list.
Speaker 2: How many how many points have I got? Two?
Speaker 1: O five?
Speaker 2: I have literally, so you're gonna take two hundred people?
Speaker 1: Two one hundred people?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have five five points on the table. That's pretty bad, but I mean it's bad drafting.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's always bad drafting.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm not gonna choose that guy because I'm gonna full seeded. Maybe choose that guy. Give me, okay, give me the wrong good Poka series dreams. Way not take Derek Yomata that's what I was gonna take. Put him on my team, and for my this is my final pick, right, yeah, final pick. P g T Dream Seat Invitational, Monkey Tilt representative Zachary Gretch, Welcome to the team. And now you can drop Alan Katy and Schifferman.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with cheering for Alan Kety. He's like one of the most exciting players.
Speaker 2: In the universe. But when, like you said, he's adding the first over, you're gonna be mad that you didn't choose Rudy.
Speaker 1: Media. I'm taking Keaty, all right. So I have Jeremy Allismus, Danie mcgron, Brandon Wilson, Shannon Shore, Stephen Chidwick, and Alan Keating. You have Seth Davies, Nick Shulman, Ren Lynn, Alex Foxon, Derek Yamatta and Zachary Grett. Love my team, yeah, I mean I love mine too, And it's gonna ride on the back of Daniel Legran you just as we did in twenty five K Fantasy this year. So I know we didn't do that well overall, but Daniel did win the fifty K and he's gonna get it all back for me in this one.
Speaker 2: He might not show up he's gonna shut he hasn't shot up for lost chance.
Speaker 1: Stop, He's going to show up for sure.
Speaker 2: He'll be here.
Speaker 1: He will be here, he will be in the mix.
Speaker 2: He may be the first player in the door, first poker player right of the forty.
Speaker 1: When you want to bet on who's the first person here, well, I will China didn't qualify, so it won't be Chino won't come in at you know, the start.
Speaker 2: We sided one.
Speaker 1: He said would be here at twelve fifteen ordering his food and then he'll go walk and then he'll come back and eat his food. I'll say the first person here will be well, the first I'll say the first non Dreams winner, because these guys might be here at ten o'clock. Jonathan Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Good one. That's actually a pretty good one. I tell you who's going to be the last one here? Jim Collopy.
Speaker 1: Really you think he's gonna be the last one.
Speaker 2: He's always the last one, you know events him and the Foxes normally goes Foxes and then call it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I feel like this event's a little different. I mean, they'll they'll kind of be here.
Speaker 2: You would hope, so, but.
Speaker 1: Who knows are chips in play from the start.
Speaker 2: No, they are not going to play from the start. Oh, interesting, but you do lose chips.
Speaker 1: Oh, they do the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take roundom blinds.
Speaker 1: Off, and then what seat draw is? Just like when you show up you get a seacrd type of thing. I wish we did the seat draws.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna we'll touch on this to the very end episode. Some changes already kind of planned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this goes into like some of the improvements for next year. Next year, we're doing like a seat draw show pre game. Whatever the hell you and I let's do it.
Speaker 2: Sure, the dream seat winners from the Dream Seat Invitational plus Derek the wrong good dream seat winning they are all one at every table.
Speaker 1: So also it's like a meetup game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one kind of reverse meetup game. They're one at every table, and then the remaining players in the field can draw from the open seats like a normal high roller tournament. Chips are not in play. If you arrive late, you can draw from all the tables. Blah blah blah blah. You want to talk about next season?
Speaker 1: What about next season?
Speaker 2: The next championship? Something changes I have planned?
Speaker 1: You know, are these like locked in or are these you throwing them out there? As these are?
Speaker 2: Since I am the decision making ninety nine percent lockdown.
Speaker 1: Until until I tell you how stupid they are, then you will change your mind. No, go ahead, tell me your idea.
Speaker 2: The first one is h hate it. Go ahead. Donny Peters has a dream seat. Oh well, okay, we'll kill that one.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I don't want to I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna have a new role entering PGT Last Chance next season. If you're in the top forty, you need to opt in to playing. What that means is, you know, we have some people that have voiced that they are definitely not coming ah their seat.
Speaker 1: If they said, I draft anyone, that's you're good, You're good, you're good, trying to get one over on your No, definitely not.
Speaker 2: I don't need to get on.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, Jimmy Osmars isn't coming in a Daniel.
Speaker 2: And Daniel they're sitting out this on. Yeah. No. But basically, before Last Chance, if you say hey, I cannot attend, your seat will be open. Currently, if you qualify through the top forty, your you know your seat is in play. You know Adrian Mataos, He's not coming due to some travel issues, so unfortunately we cannot replace him because that's the way the structure is written. So that's one rule I'll change so that we can have a full top forty of eligible players. And the other thing I'm going to change is kind of what you just touched on. Will you know, the current structure builds in the random seat draw on the day. We will change that to have some production flexibility is the phrase I want to use. So maybe we can do it live on the show. We can do it on this podcast, or do it on a YouTube show. We just have we can have some flexibility to do a seat draw without the player's presence.
Speaker 1: Listen, we have this giant, eighty five thousand foot led wall. I want World Cup esque, Like you know how they do the groups. Well, those are the tables. Okay, you draw a name out and it goes up on the screening balls yeah whatever, I don't care. It goes up on the screen. We see who's at table, and then they can do the whole you know, all the media out there us including can be like, oh this is the table of death.
Speaker 2: This is the easiest one.
Speaker 1: Over here. Oh, look at this, Look at that like that'd be cool. And listen, the players don't have to be here for it, right, We just do it and then we release it and it's out there and everyone that has it can study and do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: And the most important part of it, though, will you wear a cowboy hat with me?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: No, I buy you a cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not wearing a cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: If it's a PGT cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want a PGT cowboy hat. I don't want a cowboy you're the resident cowboy. Okay, you can do that thing. I'm just the guy.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe it should be a show with me and Jeff Platt. Then I need some real commitment.
Speaker 1: That's fine. No one is more committed than me.
Speaker 2: No one is more committed than you just said. None of the cowboy hat though, Fuck the cowboy hat? What? No, listen to you, guys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do this seat draw It's gonna be great. Okay, we're gonna do that. That'd be a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: We can see how people stack up, like all that sort of stuff. I think it would definitely add some entertainment value to the whole thing. So yeah, but in that case, then you'd have to have people's chips and play from the start, which is fine. I mean it's the same thing. Yes, you would, But they'll show up on time for this event.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, they'll lose a couple of bones. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see anyone not showing up for this event. So yeah, it's gonna be a good one. The PGT Million Dollar Championship. I don't have anything else. Do you have anything else? We talked about last Chance, we talked about the PGT Million Dollar Championship. We got our fantasy teams on law. It's gonna be a sweet event. I can't wait to Would you like to see win?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of just partial to Ozmas because like he's been the best performing player, yeah, points wise, and by quite a lot, by almost a thousand points, by nine hundred over the course of the season, so you know, it kind of feels like he should be the winner, although I understand, I mean it's kind I mean, I know the reason why we installed the Player of the Year thing. It's like fantasy football. Your first place in fantasy football in the regular season, then you just lose the first round of the playoffs due to some random variants. Like that's kind of silly, right, you know. So the two picks we award Jeremy Osmas PGT Player of the Year. He was the best performing player. But guess what, just because you're the top seed doesn't necessarily mean you're winning the super Bowl. You gotta get through everyone else. So, yes, he is best positioned, he's got that home field advantage, he's got the bye in round one. You know, yeah, what if you did that for a change? You give the leader of they got to stack after the second level. I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Look, I agree with you, Jeremy Osmos. It would be really ideal for him to win. You could even argue daniel A grind or Seth Davies because they're second and third on the lead aboard. But I think it'd be pretty cool. I got two names for you. He had twenty cashes and zero wins. Jim Calapee another guy twenty cash as zero win Sean Winter Sewn Winter also finished second to Jason Kuhn in the PGT Championship. When we first did the five hundred K free roll. It'd be pretty cool if their only wins for the season came in the season any championship. That'd be kind of cool. So they are my two outside picks. Yes, I like you said, Osmus would be the preferred winner, and you know in the grinder Seth would be would be pretty nice too.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure I picked Osmas as player of the Year at the beginning a year ago. I also picked David Coleman his breakout player.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: I just want to point that out there that.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of you're gonna have to pull.
Speaker 1: I will pull, I will pull the ta, I will pull the right here. I also think Kristin Foxon would be a great winner. She's had a great year on the PGT twelve cashes one victory. Yeah, that's right, twelve cash is one victory. She currently sits twelve, so she's gonna start with two hundred and seventy big blinds, So I think that that would be great. I mean then there's just a lot of general firepower, of course, all throughout this list, so it's going to be a very very very fun event. Again, I can't wait. I said that before I'll say it again. And I also hope you know, one of these dreams he winners makes a run, you know, just just give me a run. I'm not saying you need to give me a victory. Just give me a run, Okay, give me a like make the money like that'd be cool, right, so that that would be cool? All right, cool, that's gonna do it for us. My name is Donny Peters, his name is is Tim Duckworth, and we're gonna get out of here and enjoy the p g C Championship.
Speaker 2: Ratnight, chan Express, Ratnight, Chenny Express.