Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talk. Jump like back, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse live at men in Mad Park in Houston, Texas, where that guy Alex Bregman hit a walk off home run culminating and an Astros come from behind victory seven to six. The final score tonight in Houston. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're with you until eight thirty tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We'll get into this game. We'll get into what options the Dodgers have with some of these players coming off the board and being traded in the last forty eight hours, and there were even more trades today that could impact the Dodgers as we get closer to two o'clock excuse me, three o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. That is the trade deadline around Major League Baseball. Eight six seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, let's get into this one. The Dodgers had a very thin lineup out there tonight.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Nobody thought from the responses I got on social media, the Dodgers were going to do much of anything against Ronel Blanco. Well, that's why you play the games, and that's the reason why you can't play these games out at seven am, three o'clock in the afternoon. You play the games. And I've told players this before. With all the analytics and data and matchups and all this stuff, a lot of times these players are getting so much doubt put into their minds that they don't even realize what their apa bole of. And today the Dodgers said Gavin Luck hitting third, he did pretty well there. Not sure why he came out of the game late, but he did, but he played well. He helped the Dodgers set up some scoring opportunities early in this game. Cavin Bigio, who hasn't done much of anything this year, had his best game offensively as a Dodger. He doubled in a run, he homered, and certainly was proud to be back in front of his family and friends here in Houston. This was a ballpark he grew up in watching his dad, Craig Bigio, the Hall of Famer, play, but look all of that, and Justin Robleski's great game is all for not because things went sideways in the sixth inning when Dave Roberts decided that he did not want Justin Roblisky facing Yanni di As, yiner die as excuse me the catcher hitting behind Jordan Alva. Despite Alvarez flying out to deep left field. In the sixth inning, it was two outs, runners at the corners, and Dave Roberts decided that was enough for Justin Robleski after eighty two pitches tonight, and when that was happening, if you were watching this game, if you had watched the first five innings of this game, you're wondering what is going on? Even a three run home run is not going to beat you. And here's my thing. You can't tell us on one side, one side of your mouth that the bullpen is worn down. They've been used too much. We need deeper starts, and then on the other side, take your starting pitcher out after five and two third scoreless innings. You can't have it both ways. And if you want to rest your bullpen, then you don't take Robleski out. And also, if we're talking big picture here, and you want to save your bullpen and you want to give them a blow, then you still don't take Justin Robleski out. And also, look, nobody loves Evan Phillips more than I do. He is a big time, you know, underdog to get his career on track here and become a reliever that Dodgers have relied upon the last two years and coming into this season. But he's not pitching really well right now and his confidence is at an all time low. So that was another layer to take in out Robleski. You have runners at the corners, two outs, and you're bringing in a struggling, low confidence reliever with two men on and two outs. That just did not add up for me. And Dave Roberts has done a great job all year long, but there are games that deserve to be questioned. And like I've said before, just because I disagree or have questions about a decision doesn't mean I believe that Dave Roberts is not a good manager. He is a good man, but sometimes you just wonder why. And nobody's perfect. There is no perfect player. You don't go through a whole season batting a thousand decisions don't always work out, and I'm a big believer in decisions. Uh, just because decisions and moves don't work out as a manager doesn't mean they were the wrong decision. But that was the wrong decision. I will stand by that. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Dave Roberts. I'm curious to understand better. I think we all are curious to understand better why Robleski was taken out and Evan Phillips was brought in in the sixth inning with two outs.
Speaker 4: Dave, when you just look at this game tonight, I know it is incredibly frustrating ending, but at what point did you kind of see the shift in momentum as soon as.
Speaker 5: I took out Robleski. To be quite honest, I just felt that, you know, starting that inning, I thought about Evan at DS. You know, it's the first time he's gone to the sixth inning and is big league Chris making his four start, and he pitched his tail off. There wasn't a whole lot of swing and miss tonight, so I just felt that Diaz had good at bats and it was just a good opportunity for me. I felt to get Evan in the game to put the fire out and if it was going to be one more hitter, anyway to end on a good note and you know, finish out the game with the fire run lead. You know, so obviously it didn't work before.
Speaker 4: I guess getting to the bullpen with robust he how has he impressed? And just with each outing, how do you see him just kind of continuing to gain strength and you know, showing that he truly does belong at this level.
Speaker 5: He certainly belongs at this level. The stuff is there today. I thought the command was much better. I think he was he was attacking, and I think that's part of the reason why he didn't have many strikeouts because he was in the strike zone, which is a good thing. Just the way he controlled himself. You know, he gets excited, but he still has a way to kind of reset and to keep making pitches. And you know, that lasted bat that he had tonight, getting ol of rest to fly out was huge, and it was just I think it's just building. You know, he's made for major league starts and a hostile environment and he passed the test. So each start, I think he's gotten better.
Speaker 4: Get think kind of the last ten from Phillips what was.
Speaker 2: He kind of the option there in the well.
Speaker 5: I think if you look at the guys who are available and right there, you just feel that it's a five run lead and you don't know how the n he's going to play out before you get a guy loose. But I just felt that the run of right handers, he's been good against right handed hitters, and that was just an opportunity to continue. You know, the last couple I thought had been good. We've gotten found good lane for him, and I felt that was a chance for him to minimize the damage, put the fire out, stop the momentum, whatever it might be. And and you know, he's been good for so long, so I'm not gonna you know, so I think my job is to try to find spots that he can handle us. So I felt the sixth inning certainly isn't going to overwhelm them, and you know, they just kind of found holes and nothing was hit hard, and you know, obviously the result wasn't good, but it's not like they were squaring them up. But you know, unfortunately the result wasn't good.
Speaker 4: That was known for him. Is he still like a leverage guy for you right now? Or is it at a place where you need to find softer landing spots for him.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I still think that, you know, with a five run lead in the sixth inning, that's still a good spot. With a with a run of right handers, there's only so many guys that you can go to in a night. You know, everyone can't be available every night. So I still, you know, felt good about you know where we where he put him, and you know, like I said, they just kind of put the ball in play. There was you know, some flares and infield hit and no, that's just baseball, and you got to deal with it, all right.
Speaker 2: There's manager Dave Roberts on sportsnet a LA. Obviously, I give Dave a lot of credit for acknowledging that the momentum of this game changed when he took Justin Robleski out for Evan Phillips. But I understand as well that Yanni Diaz had some pretty hard hit balls against Justin Robleski. But at some point, if you're putting these young guys out there and they're making major league starts and it's a Robleski's fourth major league start, at some point he's got to take the next step and the next step was to allow him to face Yanni Diaz. And even if he gives up a three run home run, which you know he may, but the chances are he's not. It's still a five to three game, and you could still bring in Evan Phillips with nobody on and I just I still don't understand that decision. But Dave explained his and we'll take it for the That eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Fresno and Phillip, how about that? Philip in Fresno. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Day, Dave, I gotta say the offense did pretty well with no Freddy, no Mookie, no Muncie, which I thought we were gonna get the same thing like yesterday.
Speaker 7: And I got a question.
Speaker 6: I got a question for.
Speaker 8: You, Dave.
Speaker 6: Ever since you interviewed rich Hill, then all of a sudden, I'm hearing rich Hill's gonna be we're interested in rich Hill? Is that gonna be?
Speaker 7: Is that like a if we.
Speaker 6: Don't get anybody in the trade, rich Hill's the fallback plan or is it just more for death?
Speaker 2: No, it's more for depth. Phillip it's not Rich Hill if they don't get anybody else. The Dodgers, the Red Sox are teams that are interested in Rich Hill. I saw the Yankees. I'm sure they're interested as well. But it would be in addition to whoever the Dodgers acquire before now and Tuesday. And Rich Hill, you know he's throwing one hundred pitch bullpens. The Dodgers would love to have another lefty, and yeah, there there's a chance for a reunion, but that would not be Okay, we lost out on all these guys and this is our only pick up. It's Rich Hill in addition to whoever else they're able to acquire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I kind of I'm a little questionable about Hill because I don't know. If he's.
Speaker 2: A risk. It's a risk, but he's not gonna cost much and if he's not effective, then no harm, no foul. But as you heard Dave Roberts say, his bullpen's gassed. So if you can bring in another pitcher, that would be helpful. Thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number also part of this game, Alex Bregman, of all people, one of the Villains of twenty seventeen hits, the walk off home run off of Blake try And here's my question in that sweet sequence of at bats, and I still can't understand this between Blake Trinon and Will Smith. What was Blake Trinon and Will Smith trying to do with a ninety five fastball over the heart of the plate. And where were they trying to go? Were they trying to go inside? Were they trying to go up in the strike zone. I'm not even sure what they were trying to do. You got to move him off the plate. Blake Trenon has enough to do that. I just don't understand the purpose of those first two pitches to Alex Bregman. Maybe throw another slider to try to get him to expand his strike zone. I like a fastball in, but it wasn't in enough. I just wasn't sure what the purpose of those pitches were. And if you look at the replay, it's a crucial moment in the game. You want your catcher giving a definitive target to where he wants it. If you want it inside, you want on to miss inside right so it doesn't leak out over the plate. Will Smith has got to give him a sturdy target, and I didn't see that in the replay either, so that was frustrating as well in this completely frustrating loss for the Dodgers seven to six to the Astros eight six two five seventy. Let's go on to Pacoima. Eddie, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hi Eddie, Hey Dave, you're the best, Like always, thank you for all the information. I just wanted to talk about Van Phillips. Wanted to say, I believe there's nothing wrong with him. He's got a bad case of the baseball gods have something against him right now, a couple of bloops, a couple of dribblers. I think he's gonna be okay, Like we all say all the time, it's one hundred and sixty two games. He's one better away from getting back on track. We're gonna definitely need him down the stretch. But yeah, that's my kind of take on Van there. Thanks Dave.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for the phone call, Eddie. And with the struggles of Evan Phillips with thirty five and thirty six year olds Blake Trinan and Daniel Hudson starting to get towards the end of the season, it's a little bit more imperative in my opinion, that the Dodgers start to scour teams for relievers. And you know, I was going through some names that might be available. Tanner Scott is the guy everybody wants. He's the closer from the Marlins. But my understanding is the Marlins are asking for a king's ransom for Tanner Scott. Unless that price comes down, I'm not sure who's going to take on that. Possibly Jason Adam, who's had an outstanding year as a setup man for Pete Fairbanks and Tampa Bay. You know, we talk about all the White Sox pitchers, Garrett Crochet and Tommy Famm and Luis Robert, all these other guys on the White Sox. How about Michael Kopek. He's a guy that could possibly add some depth to the Dodger bullpen. He's available. Everybody's available on the White Sox, and I still wouldn't rule out Garrett Crochet. I you know, you never know what the Dodgers are able to pull off, and what is out there publicly and what is being said between agents, players and opposing gm so I still would not rule out Garrett Crochet and we'll get into even more mind numbing trade talk in our next segment. But I feel like we all got to get this game out of our system because when this lineup scores six runs and you get a start from Justin Robleski like that, you got to win the game. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Joe in La. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: Hi, Joe, you know today. First of all, I want to congratulate you saying it like it is and that's the way it should be. But it's a Dodger station, so you don't pull punches and I respect that as the next player. But the problem is deeper than today's game or whatever. This has been going on for nine years. He's made mistakes and because he's not he doesn't understand pictures. He doesn't have the field for pitchers. He's not Tito Francona, Bruce Boci. He's just not Earl Weaver. He's not, as I can.
Speaker 2: Name a number of managers, he.
Speaker 7: Doesn't have a field for pitchers. You were one hundred thousand percent right. You let the kid pitch he's pitching, His ball was moving, his ball was getting people out. He had one out to go. You said it perfectly, David. But it's not about tonight. It's about this guy mismanaging a global, global brand. He's mismanaged with talent that could win all the time. Right now, they're in danger of losing a division. There's two teams that are coming and we know that. I'm just saying, as the next player, you cannot mismanaged pitchers. You need to know what you're doing with pitchers. He's more by the book, by the rope, by the book. You know, leftion, left right, I'm righty. Instead of leaving and again, I'll go back to you, congratulate you. You're smart, you know the game. For some reason, this man has made a lot of mistakes, and I don't want to go into it. I want to go into the front office.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get into bashing him either. I just disagreed with the decision tonight. But overall, I've yeah, I understand, I understand Joe, and I appreciate the compliment. We all watched the game. You know, I nobody should listen to this show if we can't just agree upon what we all saw. And you're right. The Padres are red hot. They've won seven in a row. They are only six games back of the Dodgers now in the lost column. Two more to be played against those two teams coming up next week. And I remember you called about Lane Thomas. I'm not sure the Dodgers are looking for a platoon outfielder. They're looking for an everyday outfielder. But Lane Thomas certainly has had a really good year against lefties.
Speaker 7: Joe, you know what, Dave, I know him, I know his family, I know him. This kid is a five to two player who hasn't got hit in his stride yet. He's twenty eight years old. I'm telling you he's not a platoon player. He can play, and Davy Martinez loves him. And all I want to tell you is is Lane Thomas fills the void. We got rookie outfielders. We've got guys that they're not ready for the big time, for the for the clutch games you playoff in World Series. This is a different animal. Lane's been. He's paid his due Saint Louis. He's now with Washington. I don't know if they get rid of him, but he bats second. That means your good hitters usually back second. I know Davy loves him. He can run, he's stole. How many bases are he stolen?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 7: I think he's he's leading the league, major league in a certain category. I saw a flash show on TV last night where he was in front of Hernandez a teal. I don't know, I don't know what the what the stat was, but he's got what it takes. He can feel, he can run, he can throw, he can hit. This kid is is he's got. He's got the ability to play to nail down at center field position. We need someone to solidify that outfield who can play all phases.
Speaker 8: Love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Joe in La. Part of the Lane Thomas Marching Chowder society out there. And look, you may think that he's an everyday player, but the numbers say otherwise. And two hundred and seven at bats, Lane Thomas is hitting two seventeen against righties, while against lefties he is crushing them three twenty nine against lefties in basically one hundred plate appearances. So uh, it tells me that Lane Thomas is a platoon player. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Marlin in the OC. Colin, can you punch up Marlin for me?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Dot your talk? I got you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, David.
Speaker 9: Yeah, David, great work with what you do. But yeah, you know, I just want to reiterate.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: You know Robloski, the pitcher, Justin, he deserves to stay in that game.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 9: The kids need the pitch. He's got to learn the battle. Okay, he had two outs in that inning, and he deserves. You give up a few and then Yanka, but let him work his way out of it. We can't hold his hand during playoff time. We're gonna need him savage knack. They got to learn the pitch and they can get it done. But we gotta let the lea lea shot them a little bit and real quick.
Speaker 7: You know, we can't win them all. Okay, we have to wash this loss out of our hair.
Speaker 9: Okay, but that's a tough place to play, and Justin was battling. He deserved to stay in there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: And that's really what I got. We can't panic. Roberts just needs to find the touch. But sometimes you gotta go with his guts. We all saw the game and that we're not gonna panic. We're gonna make some moves and we'll get it right. But you can't ask the book and the cover five innings all the time. These kids need to pitch into the.
Speaker 2: There's a tax to be paid one way or the other. Either your bullpen's going to pay the tax or your starters are going to pay the tax. He's a young kid, he's twenty four to twenty five years old. He could have gone that last out and like I said, worst case scenario gives up a three run home run to Janny Diaz and then you bring in Evan Phillips. But the kid is looking for his first major league win. The bullpen blew it for him. In Detroit, they scored five runs. He did not get it when he should have. And tonight he should have got his first major league win, and he was pulled and the bullpen blew it again for him. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Greg in Lancaster. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi. Greg.
Speaker 3: Hey, David, great to hear from you again. A great show. Tonight. You know, you hit it right on the head with calling him out like that. And you know, I'm waiting for the Dodgers to give you a bobblehead. You've been around a lot longer than the other guys. They had to put that up on the case for you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to see if they gave a bobblehead to broadcasters, Greg, I want to see a Joe Davis an oral Herscheizer dueling babblehead. That's what I want to.
Speaker 3: See with some with some light savers. Absolutely, yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are going to be fine. You know, they're getting beat up a little bit right now, like they're supposed to. You know, we're damaged goods right now. But the horses are coming down the stretch. They're all going to be there. I mean, look what Arizona did last year at making it the World Series with nobody we had a team. They're hurt, they're going to come back and they'll be ready for the playoffs. And you know, on another note, I noticed the Dodgers really don't have like a like a mascot or anything like that. I think if we had like a mascot, like say like say it.
Speaker 2: We don't need a mascot. We're above being having a mascot. The Yankees don't have a mascot, The Dodgers don't have a mascot. You don't need a mascot when you're a stroyed franchise, you don't need gimmicks.
Speaker 3: Well, Philly's got got a fanatic, and well.
Speaker 2: He's the best in the business Philly fanatics. But come on, I'm okay, what's your idea for a mascot. I'll entertain this for a second.
Speaker 3: If we had like a like, say, for instance, like a donkey, right, go out there a donkey?
Speaker 2: What is that? Oh? Come on, no, no, sorry, Greg, I love you and you said nice things about me, but that's it. Sorry, I'm not going any further with that. But you made me smile for the first time today when you said the Dodgers should have a donkey mascot. Oh boy, Man Houston has not treated me well, that's for sure, and has not treated the Dodgers well either, especially in these first two games of the series. I will say this, the Dodgers still have not played their best baseball the season. I can say that definitively, and we all talk about them maybe peaking too soon in years past and then kind of just coasting into October. This might be the best thing for the Dodgers, where once they get healthy at the right time, as we go into August and September, whoever they acquire at the trade deadline will help, and maybe, just maybe, the Dodgers will be playing their best baseball of the season when it matters most as they go into October. Because I'm a firm believer the Dodgers have not played their best baseball yet, and they haven't been whole for the majority of the season. So let's get Max Mounsey back, Let's get Mookie Bets back, Rojas Taylor, Freddie Freeman will be back. Let's get Bobby Miller on track. I feel like once you do that, it can all come together, and certainly the Dodgers hopefully will start playing their best baseball as they get into late August and into September once they get healthy. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. We have one line open at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We'll get into more mind numbing trade talk there were some trades made today. We'll get into that and more of what the Dodgers have as far as options between now and Tuesday at three o'clock Pacific time. That is the trade deadline all around Major League Baseball. So we'll do that when we continue right here on Dodger Talk Live from minute May Park in Houston after the Astros walk it off seven to six on M five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 2: With two confessions.
Speaker 11: There's a ball hits way out of here, Oh Johnny, if there is a third deck, you need to hit it there. He hit it over the second deck, an incredible smash for show hey Otani for his thirty second home run of the year.
Speaker 2: He got a ninety two mile an hour middle middle fast bolder. He absolutely destroyed. That was in the top of the third inning off a Ronel Blanco sho. Hey Otani, with no regard for life in Houston, hit one a mile in fact, four hundred and forty three feet. If it would have been to the left of the scoreboard. It would have hit the scoreboard out there in right field. Instead, it went over that stairwell that's in the upper deck at min in Mad Park. It was a shot, a monstrous home run by show Hey. Otani is thirty first of the year, and for good measure, Otani stole his twenty sixth base of the season in the eighth inning, which tied a career high for the most stolen bases in a season, and there's a long way to go for him to break that. He stole twenty six in twenty twenty one with the Halos, but unfortunately it all comes in a loss, as the Astros uh walk it off thanks to a Alex Bregman home run in the ninth inning off of Blake Trin in seven to six. The final score here at min in May Park. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. We have one line open at eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. By the way, did you catch my buddy snell Zilla in San Francisco today against the Rockies? Only fifteen strikeouts and six innings through one hundred and three pitches. What are they gonna say now? They're gonna poke a hole in that one? Snell Zilla two times, two time Cy Young Award winner and is on track to look like the Snell that we saw last year as he is healthy now, and just as he's getting healthy, he may be traded if the Giants feel like they don't really have a shot at the Wildcard, which they seem to be fading in Snell. Unfortunately, I don't see him being traded to the Dodgers. I could see him being traded to the Red Sox or Yankees out there in the Al East. And speaking of trades, there were some trades made today. One of the closers that I mentioned the last few nights was traded today to the Phillies. Carlos Estevez went from the Angels to the Phillies today for a couple of minor leaguers, and the Yankees acquired Jazz Chisholm from the Marlins for three minor leaguers. Another big trade today was the Mets acquiring Ryan Stanek from the Mariner. The Orioles acquired Zach Efflin from the Rays. Yimi Garcia, the former Dodger, went from the Blue Jays to the Mariners as well. Austin Hayes a couple of days ago, went from the Orioles to the Phillies. Randia Rosarina played his first game for the Mariners today. So you may say, David, David, all these guys we were talking about, what does that leave for the Dodgers. Well, there are still players to be had that can make the Dodgers better. I still will not rule out Garrett Crochet until at three o'clock Tuesday deadline passes. Jack Flaherty is still on the board with the Tigers. His name has been connected to the Dodgers. I mentioned relievers Tanner Scott, Michael Kopak, and Jason Adam. How about Pirates closer David Bednar, who's had a down year. You know, the Pirates may try to do one of those thread the needle like the Rays have done, where yes they trade a well known player, but also get a couple of players to make them better. In a different area because Bednar is going to start getting expensive for Pittsburgh and they have to kind of thread that needle of payroll versus competing. So maybe he's a possibility. As far as offense goes I mentioned the Cubs have been scouting the Dodgers' minor league system. Could it be Nico Horner, Could it be Ian Happ Possibly? How about the Angels. They got Taylor Ward, who is more like Elaine Thomas. He's a lefty killer. He's a platoon player, hitting three hundred against lefties and barely hitting two hundred against righty's. Louis renhefo can help the Dodgers on the infield, they would be in that same Nico Horner category. As far as outfielders go, Tommy fam Luis Robert from the White Sox and how about Brian de la Cruz from the Marlins. Eighteen home runs this year for a player that's under team control for the next two or three years. So those are some of the names that are connected to the Dodgers. As far as the trade deadline, eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Brad and mission Viejo. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 6: Brad, Hi, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do you think Hudson might have been a good choice to bring in instead of Phillips, possibly because he usually pitches before Phillips in sequence?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have picked Hudson. Or how about Anthony Banda, who did a great job stopping the bleeding there after four runs were scored in the sixth inning and then came back out for a scoreless seventh inning. I'm not sure what the matchup show, but yeah, I would have. If you're gonna take out, uh justin Robleski there, I feel like you want to bring in another reliever that has a higher confidence level right now than Evan Phillips does. Thanks to the phone call. Gotta move on, Brad, Let's go out to Aldwyn Park. Julio. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 12: Julio, Hi, David, thank you for taking my call. Yeah, I just wanted to share some frustration from tonight's loss. You know, Robleski, as you mentioned, pitching a great game and Dave Roberts decides to bring in Evan Phillips, who obviously been struggling as of late. He's you going to figure it out though, Just like one of your previous callers mentioned, I have a lot of faith in them. Phillips think he's a great pitcher and that's not too bash Dave robertson by any means. I think he's a great skipper, but just made some questionable calls tonight, And no manager is going to be perfect, but I lost.
Speaker 9: Like this just really hurts as as a.
Speaker 12: Lot of the callers have been mentioning where we're a hurting team right now. We have a lot of injuries, our pitching staff definitely needs some improvement. Our outfield could use some improvement. Yeah, just a loss that definitely we need to shake off and hopefully Dave Roberts learns from this interesting decision he made today.
Speaker 2: All right, Julio, thanks for the phone call. Eight six two five seventy is the phone number lost In all this is Cavin Bigio's best offensive game with the Dodgers. He got his second start at first base tonight because of Freddie Freeman heading back to Los Angeles on the family emergency list, obviously dealing with some personal stuff, and our prayers go out to little Max Freeman. I know he's got this. I know he'll be strong enough to beat this, and he's got great family support. So his pops Freddie went back to be with him and Cavin. Bigio got his second straight start at first base, and he had a great offensive night. He doubled in a run. He homerd for the second time as a Dodger. This is the city he grew up in with his Hall of Fame dad, Craig Bigio, so I'm sure it was great for him to get the opportunity to play here, and he delivered tonight. So that was really cool to see as well. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers fall to the Astros seven to six. One of those twenty seventeen villains, Alex Bregman, walked it off against Blake Trinin tonight. Mike, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Mike good?
Speaker 9: Was there any thought about maybe putting Patchton in the bullpen rather than dfade him?
Speaker 2: Uh, he's not really a reliever type, Mike. He's thirty five years old, he's never relieved. That would not have been the right spot for.
Speaker 7: Him, I got it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David, Hey, my pleasure.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By the way, in the process of Freddy Freeman being placed on the family emergency list, the Dodgers called up catcher Hunter Fiducca to take a spot on the twenty six man roster. Fiducca already was on the forty man roster as well. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Look, I know the Braves won today. Here's a long shot idea. If the Braves continue to sink, they are one of the worst, in fact, the worst offense. And since the beginning of May, Austin Riley's not hitting, Matt Olson's not hitting, They've lost a Kunya, they have lost Albe's. Would the Braves, even though they are still one of the wildcard teams, would they try to improve their offense by trading pending free agent to Be and Sino Zone Max Freed. I mean, they have now lost the top wildcard spot to the Mets. Before today's win, they had lost six in a row. They are, like I said, one of the worst hitting teams. Would it be crazy to believe that Alexanthopolis one of the most aggressive gms out there? Wouldn't think about trading Freed for some offense. That would be very interesting to see between now and Tuesday. That might be one of those things that if the trade deadline was in August and the Braves continue to sync out of the playoff, picture would be more realistic of happening than what it is right now. Let's take one more phone call before we say good night, Aldolpho and Lenmore. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Aldolpho? Where are you calling from? Where is?
Speaker 7: That could be better?
Speaker 6: But all right, Lemore, it's just about now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Central Valley, I hear you, all right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, now it's his first time calling a long time listener.
Speaker 6: That home run bot Tony had to be more than four hundred and fourth three feet. That thing was crushed right.
Speaker 2: It feels like it went close to five hundred feet. It would have broke the scoreboard, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: But man, this game was just so frustrating.
Speaker 7: I really don't know why Dave took.
Speaker 6: Out Roblowski so soon after getting their best hitters out and like just let the kids thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like he admitted it. I feel like he conceded that. Aldolpho, I don't know how much more we could beat a dead horse into the ground. It was a momentum chain when Robleski came out, Dave Roberts said as much. He had his reasons, but we all are wondering why. And look it feels like he sounded like he was kicking himself as well. But hindsight is twenty twenty, as they say, thanks a lot for the phone call, appreciate it. Look I'm not second guessing, Dave, I'm first guessing. And that was my thought when Robleski was cruising. He had only thrown what sixty pitches through five innings, five scoreless innings. I said, oh, this is perfect. You can't say the bullpen is out of gas and not let this kid go one more batter. I just thought that, you know, that's where the momentum changed, and you felt like the game was starting to slip out of hand when Evan Phillips couldn't get it out. And another bright spot for the Dodgers was Anthony Banda, who came in to get the final out of that sixth inning after four runs had scored, and then he came back and put up zeros and retired the side in an order in the seventh inning. So I thought Anthony Banda, who had a lot of family and friends here. He's from Corpus Christi and had a lot of family and friends here. So I thought Anthony Banda, Cavin Bigio, Shoyotani, Cavin Lux, Gavin lu Saw all had really great games tonight, and it's unfortunate that the Dodgers let this one slip out of their reach. Tomorrow they will look to avoid the sweep here in Houston, with River Ryan making his second career start in the Major leagues, going up against Spencer Aragedi, who was foreign eight with an ERA of five sixty five. Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at ten am with first pitch between the Dodgers and Astros from Minute Made Park in Houston at eleven ten. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Minute Made Park in Houston, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or our pregame conversation with tomorrow's starter, River Ryan, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app once again. The final score from Minute Made Park in Houston. The Dodgers fall to the Astro seven to six. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See you save Away