Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well, I think we got a well well rested bulldog back with us Taco Bob.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, he's back. He's on the line right now.
Speaker 4: Dog the Bulldog back in black, ready for action, ready for sports talk on JRR. Because we have the NBA Final set, we have the Stanley Cup Finals set. I'm fired up. NBA Finals, two mid majors playing for the championship. Doesn't start till Thursday. But you have the Indiana Pacers, which obliterated the Knicks on Saturday night. In Game six, they'll be facing the Oklahoma City Thunder. I'm excited about this series, but I don't think a whole lot of the casual basketball fans or fired up about it. This may be the lowest rated finals in NBA history.
Speaker 2: You mean the East West Coast Towity twenties aren't excited about the Battle of the Heartland.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: But if you're an Orlando Magic fan, I don't know if you should be jealous or you should be inspired that these two teams have made it to the finals. I think you should probably be inspired because both these teams obviously, you know, built from the draft, built from the ground up, and you know that's that's how the Magic are building. Magic aren't that far away when you look at where Indiana and Oklahoma City were a couple of years ago. So we'll see what happens in that series. I think Oklahoma City will probably win it, their favorite to win it, but we'll see. NHL finals are set as well. The Stanley Cup Finals of the Florida Panthers Edmonton Oilers, a rematch from last year. Game one will be Wednesday night. The Panthers playing in their third straight Stanley Cup Finals. They're only the ninth franchise in NHL history to have achieved achieved that, and they are also I think a team from Florida has made it to the finals now for six straight years, is that right?
Speaker 3: Fantastic? Yes? Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: I'm curious because of all the success we've had in hockey in this state. Are are fans more interested in our hockey teams than our baseball teams and basketball teams? Not? According to you guys, right, So we'll see. We'll see golf. The chef goes back to back at the Memorial. Scottie Scheffler wins by four shots. The guy is a machine. He won the PGA Championship a couple of weeks ago. He wins back to back at Jack's tournament, the Memorial. Here's a stat for you. The chef who was discovered by one Taco Bob. He was talking about the chef when nobody else was all right, yeah, the chef has now won nine straight tournaments when he's held all or part of a fifty four.
Speaker 3: Holy wow.
Speaker 4: So if he's leading after three rounds, it's over. Because the guy is relentless. He does not make mistakes in the.
Speaker 1: Final You said it, that dude, he's amazing and look it out.
Speaker 3: Look at it swing.
Speaker 1: That swing is like your average Sunday hack out of a you know, public golf course.
Speaker 2: I was kind of just casually watching the final round yesterday. It wasn't really paying I looked up and I saw him. He had like a four or five stroke lead. It was clear he was gonna win. But he hits one off the tea box and skies it and the thing just dropped and stopped in the middle of the fairway.
Speaker 3: No role. Yeah, and he's a stand there.
Speaker 4: Looking at it and shaking his head on he's great women's golf. The US Women's Open. Maya Stark, twenty five year old swede, won that tournament. I think she's the first Swede to win the US Opened since Anika Anika Swornstam did it years ago.
Speaker 3: So good for her.
Speaker 4: Orlando City they dropped their second straight game over the weekend. They lose to Chicago. Wasn't even close. Chicago scored three goals in the first half and they end up winning that match three to one. Orlando City now goes on a little bit of a break for the international break. They won't play for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Perfect timing.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, crim it's lights out at the F one day. Here we go.
Speaker 2: We go to Barcelona where F one insider Taco Bob is spending some extra quality time there with the post race recording one Spanish Grand Prix.
Speaker 1: Over as we called that Bartholono with a t and Bartholona. Race occurred at nine am yesterday and one Oscar p Austree took first. Orlando, not Orlando, but Orlando Norris took a fine second.
Speaker 3: And I didn't see the other dudes. But yeah, so we got the Austree by the way Taco.
Speaker 4: What was the big controversy in the race at a step and running into another?
Speaker 3: What happened there?
Speaker 1: Explain that that's why he's not on the on the leaderboard the top five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got knocked down to tenth with the penalty after that incident with George Russell, which I wait, first step, did you hear and watch any of that for stapping story?
Speaker 3: Like he ran into me?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't go what's the high lot?
Speaker 3: He ran right in ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You can't call him mcclown though, because it is still ver strapping.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true. He's stripping all the road. Ryan Blaney last night at Nashville Super Speedway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, finally wins the defending champ from last year. He finally wins. He's been running well this year, he just hasn't won a race. But he won last night. So that puts him in the playoff where he's always a factor because he's one of the best drivers on the circuit.
Speaker 3: Hey, bulldog, But men's college baseball, do I have this right? Okay?
Speaker 2: Florida State advances to the super Regional and of the other state teams. Only Miami still has a chance of still moving forward. The rest got knocked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not only that, but the two tops seeds got knocked out as well, Vanderbilt in Texas. Vanderbilt was the number one seed, Texas is the number two seed. Both of those got knocked out in their regionals. So yeah, but I'm more interested in college women's softball, even though the Gators and Seminoles both got eliminated over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: What, Oklahoma again, four time defending champions. They're in the semifinals along with Tennessee and a couple other teams.
Speaker 1: I sense Oklahoma's uh women won winning it and then uh and then in basketball.
Speaker 4: Like there's talking Bob picking the favorite again Oklahoma when the women's softball champions, they've only done it four straight times.
Speaker 3: And NBA, don't forget that.
Speaker 1: I said it when you were out last week's sunning and bedding and yeah wow.
Speaker 4: Even the thunder who won more games than any team in the league.
Speaker 3: This year, he lives on the edge. He really does.
Speaker 2: Like Haerosmith, dude, he is Mike the Bulldog Boncky, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine a game on adjacent Dust weekday mornings. Takes time out of his show to fill us in on the sports page on JRR each morning.
Speaker 4: By the way, Happy birthday to the great Charlie Watts, drummer of the Rolling Stones. O Lusion DAKO on demand to download the iHeartRadio app