Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufman and Lennon injury Attorneys. Bulldog barn Burner of a Thursday night cam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Baba Jaggs were playing last night with that score twelve to six. No touchdowns scored last night, twelve to six. The Rams, the red hot Rams beat the these fading forty nine ers last night. Josh Joshua Carty kicks four field goals for the Rams. It was a slugfest. Who would have ever thought the Rams, they just beat the Bills last week forty four to forty two. All right, we're in a shootout and now they're Yeah, now they can't score a touchdown against the forty nine ers. The Rams, though, they're eight and six now, they're only a half game behind Seattle for the division lead. And of course the the forty nine ers are just banged up injured. They're not going anywhere the rest of the season, I don't think.
Speaker 1: And that was supposed to be a really good game. If you guys remember going into it because of what you said the Rams kicking ass previously.
Speaker 2: Man, what a downer, no question. Other NFL games this week the Bucks at the Chargers. The Bucks have been sort of loading up on cupcakes, so it's gonna be interesting to see if they can hang with the Chargers, who have a really good defense. The Bucks defense is banged up. I actually like the Chargers to win that game. Miami's at Houston. Miami needs to win to stay in the wildcar race. I don't know if they can because again, Miami's when they play good teams, especially on the road, they don't usually fare very well. I mean, they also have been loading up on cupcakes this year. Do you do you like your Dolphins this week? Lynch?
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna get it done Sunday.
Speaker 2: I hope so. I hope so. I think they're gonna get it done. Of course, nobody cares about the Jets and the Jags, but they are playing up in Jackson team going ahead to head real quick, Lynch.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the Jags pregame meeting as if you win, you're fired.
Speaker 2: They need one week? I know.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying, if you win this week, you're fired. You need to lose we need to dump the season.
Speaker 3: Be having that conversation in both locker rooms.
Speaker 2: Actually, Bulldogs, the slate of NFL games is terrible this week except for the man that is going to be a game.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You got Josh Allen and what that beast going up against that Lion's offense. Talk about a shootout. I think this could be a shootout because Detroit can score, Buffalo can score. We'll see what happens. It's hard to pick against the line at home, isn't it? I wanted I would not Speaking of the Lions, the Lions fan and to the altar, the the flag holder at the the Lions Packers game. Did you hear about this story? Yeah, he got into a He got into a shouting match with the Packers players and the coach, Matt Lafleur. He was actually one of the guys holding the giant American flag. He was giving the throat slash signal to the Packers during the national anthem. God dude, he got he got his season tickets for God. Yeah yeah, Hey. Bill Belichick had the press conference yesterday. He won the press conference at the University of North Carolina. He was named the head coach. He was cracking jokes talking did you see my face? Did you see my face? Choked that he did? Oh yeah, Pat, he goes. You know me, I'm not gonna act. Took him a huge social media pro or anything he goes. You know, I can make my way around my face.
Speaker 3: You know what would have been great is if he came out and did his typical no comments or I'm just worried about I'm just worried about worried about Buffalo this weekend.
Speaker 2: Just worried about recruiting, right, yeah, right, just worried about the transfer portal this week Hey, yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna The more I think about this, I'm starting to like this higher. I'm changing my mind on it. I went from this is a terrible hire to hey, at least it makes him relevant. And now I'm thinking, hey, if Dion Sanders can go to a place, and when Bill Belichick should be able to so we'll see what happens here. You still hate it, don't you, Lynch. I don't hate it. I just I just Scott. I'm skeptical. That's the word I used yesterday, and I'm sticking with it.
Speaker 1: I think it's great because Prior to this, I saw the interviews directly with him where he laid out what he said yesterday of Hey, I'm gonna raise these kids to get a great education and a great football upbringing and be ready for the NFL if they are, I like it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of college football head coaches, Dan Mullen, the former Gator coach hired at UNLV yesterday. He has to settle for the UNLV job. I think he wanted to UCF job. Of course Scott Frost got that, so Dan Mullen going down the ladder. The guy has had I think the reason Dan Mullen didn't get a better job. He's a great X's and those guy. He actually had a thirty four to fifteen record at Florida, went to three New Year Six Bowl games, fired in his fourth year. He just doesn't want to work hard at recruiting, doesn't like to do any of that stuff. So I think he had to settle for the UNLV job.
Speaker 3: Hey, interesting, did the Bulldog get his Heisman voting on time or is it submitted?
Speaker 2: My Heusman vote is submitted. They will make the announcement tomorrow. I'm not allowed to tell you who I voted for. Although I will say I meant Travis Hunter. He just cleaned up on the awards last night at the award show. Yeah, I mean he won the AP College Football Player of the Year, He won the what else? He won? The Walter Camp Award, the Chuck Bedneric Award, the Balitnikoff Award, he won the award for Best Wide Receiver, and the Chuck Bedneric Award for Top Defensive Player. Is what does that tell you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It tells you what's gonna happen tomorrow night. Okay, gotcha moving right along?
Speaker 2: Probably? Hey, does this story surprise you guys?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: So? The MLS Cup was last week. The championship game in MLS the LA Galaxy New York Red Bulls, two major media markets. Obviously, the two teams in the league drew only four hundred and sixty eight thousand viewers. That was down fifty percent from last year, all right, fifty percent. NWSL championship game Orlando Pride versus the Washington Spirit drew nine hundred and sixty seven thousand viewers doubled the MLS Championship. Does that surprise you, guys?
Speaker 3: I don't think either of those leagues should be very proud of those numbers, and uh, you know it, just I think the popularity of soccer in this country gets overblown by the media when you get down to brass tax and the ratings of the brass Tax, bull Dog, come on, be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the fact that MLS went down fifty percent from last year, I think is an indication that this Apple TV package is not working for MLS. I mean, out of site, out of mind people. People aren't watching during the regular season, so why are they gonna watch the championship game? I think that's what this is. More in the indication of it. I think the NWSL rating was great for that league, quite frank. Championship game was on IBC, so I mean, yeah, yeah. So anyway, I was shocked when I saw those ratings that the NWSL doubled MLS cup. Hey may plus, women's sports in this country is surgery right now, let's face it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, made the top one hundred women. By the way, speaking of women's sports.
Speaker 3: High Magazine Icon of the sports Icon.
Speaker 2: Of the year. There you go.
Speaker 3: All right, hey, Bulldog, real quick, who you got Army Navy. Tomorrow we're gonna talk more in depth with that Mark Daniels later about this, but who you got.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got to pick Army. They've had such a great season. I would have liked to have seen Army get into the playoff quite frankly, but uh yeah, you gotta pick Army in this one. Army by Double Digits.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bionchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine, to the game on a Jasons weekday morning. It takes time out of his show to join us here for the sports page. Each morning on JR I brought you by Coffin and Lynd.
Speaker 2: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 2: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oh, miss the Lynch and Taco Show this morning. Check out the daily podcast anytime on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App, downloaded for free at wjr R dot com.
Speaker 2: From the Boat