Speaker 1: Yea ripped of news, need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: We start off.
Speaker 4: A great week, beautiful weather, just come off of Passion week and Easter for those of you of faith and also those Catholics mourning and you know, not just Catholics, but people morning the passing of Pope Francis. He was a good man, good man anyway, there are a lot of good men, a lot of good women in this world. You know, sometimes we don't acknowledge the goodness and we always highlight the bad crap, don't we. So here's what I want you to do today, if you can for me in addition to your problems, questions and complaints, I love feedback. My YouTube morons give me a lot of feedback. That's instant feedback because they're watching the you know, the the feed, the video feed, video and audio feed, and they can chime in instantly so I know what they're thinking. Now. You can also do that by texting me, and I have a special text number for me which comes right to my cell phone.
Speaker 1: And that text number is seven four seven.
Speaker 4: Nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Then iHeart has a number, a short code. They call it five seven seven thirty nine. So either place you can text me five seven seven thirty nine or seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. And the way to remember that number, I love airplane. That's the big seven forty seven nine nine nine, the closest to perfection I could get. You can't go ten ten ten so nine nine nine, and then fifty to eighty for the beautiful mile High City.
Speaker 1: So who are your heroes? Honest to God, who are your heroes?
Speaker 4: Hey? Tom, who do you? Yes? Oxygivity, Doc are you at the studio?
Speaker 6: I suggest everybody go home and watch the movie Conclave. First of all, it's an incredible movie, but with the passing of the Pope, it's even more relevant.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie to watch.
Speaker 4: Well, the movie the Conclave, while out there, the actual procedures of the Conclave are pretty accurate. Now obviously what goes on in this drama, and I'm not going to give it away. You know, it's far fetched, but it is a true to life. They say, look at the actual conclave and what goes on. So that's pretty enormous, you know. I want to say something that well, I don't know if I should bring it up. I have a cousin who was a second cousin, not that close, but I knew him, and he became a priest at a very young age, and then a cardinal, and then he was in Rome, and he was one of those cardinals. And I hate to say this, but he was since defrocked and dropped out and started some brand of evangelical stuff and I lost touch with him. But and his brother was a good friend of mine, more so than him. But I remember the stories about Rome, true stories. I mean I assume they were true, all right? Three or three seven or three two five five? Who are your heroes? I'm serious, you know. I mean it's good to have heroes, people that you can mentor or that excuse me, that can mentor you, or people to talk to people maybe not even accessible to you, but someone you look up to. So who are your heroes or who do you find truly inspirational? And I mean that sincerely. I like to do that. You know, because it's been an up, up, encouraging week. People seem to be in a good mood this past week. The weather's been wonderful. So weigh in on that. Benny wants to weigh in on a contractor who probably is not his hero.
Speaker 1: Hey, Benny, or what's happening?
Speaker 4: Hey? Come on, how you what's happening me?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Benny?
Speaker 7: Not too much. I'm kind of upset, but kind of make it through it.
Speaker 1: Tell me what happened.
Speaker 7: I had his contractor referred to me by my cousin contractor.
Speaker 4: And now did your cousin work with this guy before?
Speaker 7: No? No, no, he met him to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Okay, Can I have the name of the contractor?
Speaker 1: Can I have the name of the contractor?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Let me vote to my death.
Speaker 4: Sure he hired a contractor recommended by his cousin. And you're probably gonna hear something. Say that again. Yeah, I'm here, say that again?
Speaker 1: Key key as in tom No Keith k E A T eight.
Speaker 4: Oh got it, man, Kate, I'm sorry Keith Owens accent So.
Speaker 1: No, no, Keith Owens.
Speaker 4: O W E N S.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So talk to me about him. What did Keith do well.
Speaker 7: Anyway, he told him he was a contractor, but he didn't show in the papers, and he was doing work to my house. He put on the deck and he put a roof on.
Speaker 4: Okay, did he put the did he actually finish the deck? Did he actually finish the deck?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he finished the deck, but he screwed up. He screwed up. He screwed up.
Speaker 4: How did he screw it up?
Speaker 8: He?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: When he put the deck, I mean then molding, he didn't finish. He started piecing stuff together, and like the poles that you put into the ground, he said he couldn't take him up. So he left the old pole down and added to it.
Speaker 4: And okay, so he used Now wait a minute, so was there a deck there before, Benny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well he added on to my old deck. That was good. But what he did he didn't pull up the whole pole that was sticking out followed in a deck. He just added on to that and piece it together.
Speaker 4: So when he added on to your old deck, is the new deck supported properly?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a part of properly. But he didn't I don't even know how to explain it. But he didn't do a good job to it. He added on like like if you put a pole on the ground, and he added on to that pole and that pole is sticking out fathered in the deck. He left it like that.
Speaker 4: Do you have any pictures?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a lot of pictures.
Speaker 4: Can you send us some Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Can see a lot of pictures.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to I'm going to put you on in a minute here, not yet, but I'm going to put you on hold, and I want to Sheena to tell you how to send us some pictures. I want to take a look at it. Have you had any experts look at it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 7: I had a contract to come out.
Speaker 4: He did it.
Speaker 7: He did a poor job because he did to my roof. He put the roof on there and it started leaking to my kitchen.
Speaker 4: And so it's a covered deck. It's a covered deck.
Speaker 7: Yes. Then he put a bucket of siller on my roof. It looked like it's ghetto.
Speaker 4: And I okay, So so that so that deck is leaking into your kitchen because it's not flashed right, or it's not attached properly.
Speaker 7: Right and not attached properly.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so what does the contractor say it will take to fix it.
Speaker 7: I call him and told him that I was very disappointed with his work.
Speaker 4: So he ta, no, no, the contract now the first first, the contractor that you had look at it.
Speaker 1: What did he say it would take to fix it?
Speaker 7: Oh, to take between five and ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: And how much was the deck supposed to cost you from Keith? Thirty nine one hundred, thirty nine hundred was going to be the whole thirty nine hundred was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be the whole job.
Speaker 4: Right, and now it's going to take you another five grand to fix it? Yes, gollye, So it's going to cost you more than it did in the beginning.
Speaker 7: Right. So I texted Keith back and told him I'm disappointed with the job. He take me back. I got his text. He takes me back to man. I understand what's going through, but I got another disappointment for you. I'm doing a job and I won't be able to get to you into May.
Speaker 4: But did he say he would did he say he would fix it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: This other contractor, Benny Benny, this other contractor who said it would take five thousand dollars to fix it.
Speaker 1: What did he say he had to do.
Speaker 7: He had to take up everything that he put down. He had to take up the whole top and fix it right. He got it back up a little bit. Well, Keith messed up. He has a so.
Speaker 4: So right now, how did you leave it with Keith? Right now? How did you leave it with him? Is he gonna? Is he? Did he say he would come back and fix it?
Speaker 7: Ke Keith told me in his text I can read a text to you.
Speaker 4: Read it?
Speaker 7: Okay, now, I hope I don't shut you off?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? No, No, you won't. Just go ahead?
Speaker 7: Okay, good afternoon? Is sad afternoon? You see another here? If it? Hey, Benny, I understand that you're disappointed with my work, and you have been very patient. My utmost apologies. I know that you are very disappointed, and I'm about to hit you with some news that may make you even more disappoint it, and I apologize in advance. I will not be making it out there today. I will make it there are sometimes made. I just got a big score and I cannot let it go. My finances are not in order to the point where I can sacrifice today for you. Like I said before, I am very apologetic. As for you threatening me to go to court, I completely understand. I will be present to shoot me the court date, but if you can be even more patient, I would be out there some time to make I updated you the exact date and time as soon as possible, every blessed day.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, I'm going to come back with a comment on that, and more coming up. I'm Tom Martino. What do you think about that? At least there's communication. That's always a good sign. I'm Tom Martino. Waterpros dot net will get you the best water systems at the lowest prices.
Speaker 1: You know that's not an empty promise.
Speaker 4: I sincerely, honest to God mean that, having had the systems, and I know people will have them. Listen, you get beautiful drinking water, reverse osmosis. You get healthy, soft conditioned water without chemicals or plastics for the whole house. This entire system is only thirty nine to ninety five. You will never do better. Waterpros dot Net three three eight six' two five five five. Four don't bother eating. Healthy if you put let lousy water into your, system that's. It three oh three eight six two five five five. Four go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass. Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two I'm Tom martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three H q five y. Five get your deep clean of your ac before the real he. Hits fixedmihome dot com book now there's thirty nine. Bucks if you never had it, done you will never get a cleaning and an adjustment and settings like this fix it twenty four to. Seven fix My home dot com book now thirty nine bucks for new. Customers you will absolutely be blown away by. It, okay so this contractor issue the good news, Now Ben, Benny i'm not saying the guy's a good. Guy but What i'm saying is the good news is he's in. Communication WHAT i think you need to, do, though is truly document the deficiencies so you can be ready to.
Speaker 1: POUNCE i THINK i THINK i.
Speaker 4: WOULDN'T i would give him the benefit of correcting, it AND i would keep these, communications do not get rid of, them and keep.
Speaker 1: Notes BUT i think if he.
Speaker 4: Says After, may if that's too long for you to, WAIT i, understand BUT i would be inclined to wait, patiently but stay in communication with, him saying giving him a list of what's, wrong and if you have to have another contractor come, out do. It but just remember this too many times when we have jobs, evaluated we have them evaluated to a higher standard than we hired to begin. With sometimes we hire someone to do a, job they do it on a, budget they do it, cheap and they are going to do it a certain, way and we're accepting that. Way but then when we have it reevaluated by someone, else they reevaluate it to. Perfection, now if you contracted for perfection to begin, with it should be evaluated to. Perfection but if you did not contract for, perfection your price did not reflect. Perfection then the person who reevaluates that should keep that in. Mind did you get what you paid for is the big. Question, now if perfection or non perfection is not discussed in a home, job then what you do is go buy the standards of the industry for that particular. Job for, example if you take someone to court and there is no actual discussion of, quality you can assume one it will pass building. Codes two it will be the standard of the, industry not super, high not super, low but what would be considered a standard for the. Industry and number three that the materials used would also be a standard of the.
Speaker 1: Industry many TIMES i have this.
Speaker 4: Happen someone contracted to have a basement, refinished and let's say they contracted it for fifteen, grand bare bones. Refinishing they don't like the, job they call in another kindtor and mister perfect contractor comes in with the benefit of twenty twenty, hindsight and he, says, WELL i would have done, this AND i would have done, that AND i would have done, this AND i would have done. That then you ask him what would you have charged for this? Job not knowing this, guy what would you have? Charged he, said this is a forty five thousand dollars. Job yet the guy before him bid fifteen, Grand so you can only hold that guy before him to a fifteen thousand dollars. STANDARD i hope that makes. Sense but what we're going to do is get pictures of this and then we're going to work with you on trying to get some. Satisfaction we won't forget. This we will market. Pending so when you, CALL i look for this case AND i take care of. It and so WHAT i would like you to do is work With Deputy. Doc, now dot not going to do anything right. Now we're simply going to gather some picks and we're going to stay in touch with his contractor to see what he, does and then we'll take action as we need. To But, doc keep this in a pending, file so you AND i both have. It i'm going to keep it as, well so when he calls, back you know we can we can pick it. Up three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five, tyler you have a problem With. Tesla is This tesla the car Or tesla the solar? System, tyler it would be the, Car, Tom, okay we very seldom get complaints About.
Speaker 1: Tesla what's going?
Speaker 10: On so it's actually not the car. Itself the car is. Great what kind of.
Speaker 1: Car what kind of car do you?
Speaker 7: Have it's a twenty Fifteen.
Speaker 4: Tesla models a fifteen two oh one five? Correct, okay did you? New?
Speaker 10: NO i bought it.
Speaker 1: Used when did you buy?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 10: Uh may of last, year So may of twenty twenty, four.
Speaker 1: Okay and tell me about.
Speaker 10: It so, Yeah LIKE i, said the car is. GREAT i haven't had any issues with the. Car it was actually THE ev credits that pose the problem during tax, time.
Speaker 7: The, DEMS i.
Speaker 4: DON'T i don't know do you Get do you get THAT ev credit when you buy?
Speaker 1: USED i thought it was only for New?
Speaker 10: Yeah, No so there's a four thousand dollars USED ev tax credit if you don't break an income threshold and the car Is, uh there's a limit on how old the car has to, be AND i think a mileage thing. Too but you can go on to THE irs website and type in YOUR vin and it'll tell you if the car is, eligible which mine.
Speaker 1: Is, Okay so what's the problem?
Speaker 10: Now SO i went to. APPLY i went to do my, taxes and federal taxes kept getting kicked back saying that the car wasn't matching any. Records looking into it a little bit, MORE i found that you had to the dealer that you bought it from had to register that it was AN ev sale with a time of sale within three days of the, purchase which didn't. Occur now the government went ahead and went and changed.
Speaker 1: Something, well tell me.
Speaker 4: What would happen if you bought it from a private. Owner what would have happened if you bought it from a private? Owner you.
Speaker 7: Can't you can't do A.
Speaker 10: I don't believe you can do the tax credit from a private.
Speaker 7: Owner it has to be.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me that the dealer you bought it, from who is the Dealer.
Speaker 10: Victory motors Of colorado.
Speaker 4: And Victory motors was supposed to register.
Speaker 10: Something, yeah they have to do what's called a time of sale report within three.
Speaker 7: Days and they.
Speaker 4: Didn't, okay and.
Speaker 10: The government came out. Sorry and then the government came out and, said you can do it late because it was something that wasn't a lot of dealers weren't aware. Of so you're able to do a time of sale late now so that people can still get their credits in case the dealer did miss that. Window the problem was the dealer offered this as an option and then worked with me to try and resolve, it and then when they were unable to resolve, it the issue was they actually weren't even. Registered whatever registration the dealership has to do wasn't done until two months. Later so they wouldn't even been able to do the time of sale report anyway within those three days because they weren't registered to do.
Speaker 4: So but couldn't they do it afterward in the grace.
Speaker 10: Period, NO i guess, not because since they weren't registered as a dealer of selling this eav with this credit of you know or whatever it, is you, know whatever dealership stuff they have to deal, with they weren't. Allowed they didn't do it until two months. Later and so now the government's not allowing them to go back into a time of sale report because they didn't have the certification to even do it in the first.
Speaker 4: Place, okay hold, ON i never HEARD i never heard of this. Certification and but but but Then i'm, wondering, Though, listen if they sold you a, car those further assumptions about tax credits AND eb, credits unless they represented them to, You i'm not sure you can keep them or that you can hold them accountable for. That because you have two things going. On, here you have the car and the, sale and then you have the extra. Benefits did they tout those extra benefits or add advertise them when you were buying.
Speaker 10: It, yes they advertised, it AND i actually still have. That it shows that THE ev credit would be. Available and then at the time of, PURCHASE i asked if it was going to be able to be applied because dealers can choose to either apply it to the purchase or if they can choose not, to and then you apply for it at tax. Time they didn't want me to apply it to the price of the, car SO i Figured i'd wait till tax.
Speaker 7: Time but, NO i.
Speaker 4: Want to know what do you have hold. On let's get right to the heart of the. Matter IF i sell AN ev And i'm not an accredited, dealer according to, you you don't get to claim the tax. Credit What i'm saying to you is unless that was part of the. Sale you did buy a car and they sold it to you and they didn't cheat. You so what specifically did they? Say how much would this credit have?
Speaker 10: Been it would have been four, thousand and it was part of the REASON.
Speaker 8: I bought the car.
Speaker 7: ITSELF i would have looked.
Speaker 10: Elsewhere you, know for other evs and. Stuff IF i, KNEW i could have knew that that.
Speaker 1: Did they put? It did they put it on the?
Speaker 4: Contract where is it written that they promised you THESE ev? Credits because here's WHAT i have found out on the. Website it's it's a used Clean vehicle tax. Credit it's a federal used clean vehicle tax credit up to four grand or thirty percent of the sale, price whichever is less yours would have.
Speaker 10: Been how much it would have been the four thousand the car was twenty five.
Speaker 4: Roughly now listen to, this this used ELECTRIC ev. Credit in order to get, it it must be purchased from a state licensed AN irs registered. Dealer this registration is essential for the dealer in order to send a time of sale. Report, now if the dealer isn't registered or fails to submit the necessary, report you won't be able to claim the, credit even if the vehicle meets all other. Criteria, additionally if you wish to transfer the credit at the point of sale to reduce the purchase, price the dealer must also be. Registered so you're out of luck. Here now we have. Done now is this a breach of contract or? NOT i, mean feel free to chime in any of.
Speaker 11: You, well you, KNOW i was going to Ask, tyler what what written evidence do you have to support the position that they promised that dealer made this.
Speaker 1: Promise that's WHAT i keep.
Speaker 4: Asking is there anything you've got in? Writing it sounds Like tyler has something in? Writing what do you have in? Writing so in?
Speaker 10: WRITING i haven't looked at my. KEY i just got through figuring some of this out this past, weekend SO i haven't pulled out my contract with the car.
Speaker 4: Yet, man four, grand there's a lot of.
Speaker 10: Money, yeah BUT i have the fact that they offered it as something that would help me buy the.
Speaker 3: Car.
Speaker 10: Right it was a basically false advertisement that you, know if you buy this, car you'll get four thousand dollars. CREDIT i have follow up emails if they.
Speaker 4: Did wait wait, wait if they did advertise, it did they advertise four thousand dollars tax? Credit what did they? ADD i mean to know what you relied? On what did you rely?
Speaker 10: On so their, website WHICH i still have that you could still look it, up shows that the car is eligible for the four thousand dollars tax, credit and it.
Speaker 1: Was how does it show? It how does it show.
Speaker 7: IT i could pull it up real.
Speaker 10: Quick it says four thousand dollars tax credit.
Speaker 1: Available oh really Really right.
Speaker 10: Underneath the, name so it says right, now it says twenty Fifteen tesla model S p eighty five. D it shows it, sold so it says sold on their website right.
Speaker 4: Underneath hold, ON i got some ideas for you hanging.
Speaker 1: ON i want you to send that to. Us I'm Tom.
Speaker 4: MARTINEZ i got some ideas three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. Five Knage Home solutions now has painters. Available, Yes Knage Painter pros you can rely on them three oh three four two one seventy one. Hundred go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content wait.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two I'm Tom. Martino you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three two five. Five this text here says who is a who are the people you recommend for retirement? Planning what do they actually? Do Retirement Planning center of The Rockies and they're not the only game in. Town but what they do is they take a look at the entire plan rpcenter dot.
Speaker 1: Com WHAT i mean is like if you have a.
Speaker 4: Four oh one k an ira and all these, elements AND i had, them AND i even have a wealth management. Company but they helped me put my ducks in a row when it came to my estate, plan my, will my long term care insurance and all the other. Things and they kind of become a coaching Retirement but the best thing for you to just just call me to have a, question, Okay and that one is?
Speaker 1: It so if you call them is nine seven.
Speaker 4: Zero six sixty three thirty to eleven rpcenter Dot. Com THEN i had another question about recover your. Hair. Tom honest To, god do you truly believe you can go To, Istanbul turkey and get a hair?
Speaker 1: Transplant similar to THE.
Speaker 4: Us, yes they are MD's medical, doctors they are, accepted they have.
Speaker 1: The same exact, procedures and they do you.
Speaker 4: Know a lot of times sometimes these inquiries about, SPONSORS i think or try to trip me up or to see IF i really believe in. Him but recover Your hair Dot. Com they it's coupled with a trip To, Istanbul. Turkey you can make that trip a few days or a, week whatever you. Want you only need the day for the surgery and the day after for the follow.
Speaker 1: Up then you can. Decide and, yes you save.
Speaker 4: Money now obviously if you stayed a, month you're not going to save, money, Right but the procedures are so inexpensive compared. Here not And i'm not saying here is. Bad, okay if you want to spend more, money go ahead and do. It so let's go back to the. Phones and now the one with the. Tesla was he sending? Us did he did he send us the? Ad?
Speaker 1: Kachina hold, On i'm, tech did you send us right?
Speaker 12: Now i'm sending it to you right.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, Good Then i'm going to go to our next. Call austin's been waiting a. While austin tell me what's going on with? You And i'm going to get to all of your, calls so please hang, On, austin what's going?
Speaker 7: On, hey? Studio how you doing this?
Speaker 13: MORNING i guess it's morning for. Y'all i'm out In.
Speaker 3: Georgia so you're out In.
Speaker 4: Georgia, well, welcome welcome From. GEORGIA i have some friends out In. Georgia what part Of? Georgia are you?
Speaker 13: In Southeast, Kingsland.
Speaker 4: Georga, okay so, listen what's going On.
Speaker 13: Austin so my son is out In Colorado. Springs he's making a go of. It he's. Nineteen so we sent him to his car that he currently has is getting some transmission. Issues so are, like you, know let's head this.
Speaker 7: Off before it comes a big problem go.
Speaker 13: Down we'll co sign for a. Car we send him To Phill Long hyundai In Colorado. Springs we did all the paperwork done up and it takes over a. Week Which i've bought quite a few. Cars i've never had a car take a week to do all.
Speaker 4: The NO i never HEARD i never did, either But, austin this was In this was a Phill Long Fill long In Colorado. Springs, yes, sir and it's a used.
Speaker 7: Car, yes twenty.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, Okay, now did did your son arrange to have that checked out by one of our trusted.
Speaker 13: Mechanics you know they gave him a clean bill and we were going to have it towed off the.
Speaker 4: Line, no, no, no, NO i guarantee. YOU i guarantee you if it was. Used they did not give him a clean. Bill when you say a clean, bill was it as?
Speaker 7: Is, yes.
Speaker 4: That's not a clean. Bill that's exactly the, opposite, Right so keep. Going so it takes a.
Speaker 13: Week one night he gets to go pick it, Up he gets, it he gets on the, interstate and twenty minutes later the motor blows.
Speaker 4: Up go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now THREE o, three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martine you're. Troubleshooter, LISTEN i got two problems, pending And i'm going to take both of. Them first of, All, tyler you know we're working on that behind the. Scenes he bought a car from a dealer that was not registered to sell used. Evs if you're not registered to use v, evs then the customer cannot claim the available tax. Credits we'll talk about that on the other side of the. News, Now, austin your issue with. Service here's WHAT i need to. Know your nineteen year old bought From Phil long on twenty FIFTEEN vw golf as is twenty. Minutes twenty minutes after he picked it, up the engine blew. Up, NORMALLY i say as is whereas tough. Crap but we got to explore this twenty minutes because that reeks of a pre existing condition And i'm wondering if they held it or lied or covered it.
Speaker 1: Up so hang on for that.
Speaker 4: Too more coming up plus your calls at three oh Three, martino go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ripped you need that so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run anxiousness as we can.
Speaker 14: Shoot that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: Come this is it's The Troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Show No Tom, Martino.
Speaker 1: Hello Tom martino, Here welcome to the.
Speaker 4: Show three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five. Five what's happening in your? Life we want to know that because we're here to. Help so that's what we're gonna. Do we're gonna help, you and all you have to do is. Call we have some pending.
Speaker 1: Problems right now which are very very.
Speaker 4: Important we have one where a guy clearly bought A tesla advertised as having a four thousand dollars tax credit. Available it was never available on this car through this dealer and never could have been because the dealer was not. REGISTERED i never knew, this but on used evs you can get an energy saving tax credit even though it's not, new if you qualify income. Based but the dealer who sells it be registered and qualified to sell it in order to file the date of, sale and without the filing of the date of, sale you get no tax. Credit and it's only available through registered. Dealers this dealer was not and is not, registered so tyler is out four. GRAND i, Mean i'd be pissed IF i was intending to.
Speaker 1: Get a four thousand dollars tax.
Speaker 4: Credit and then they, say, oh too, bad so sad it's false.
Speaker 1: ADVERTISING i don't care what they.
Speaker 15: SAY i am looking at their advertisement and it says four thousand dollars REBATE ev rebate, available.
Speaker 4: And i'm going to put it up on YouTube for my morons to, see and even, those even the, morons we'll be able to.
Speaker 1: See then right, now.
Speaker 15: Ironically they have a twenty Eighteen model three there and right where the tax credit lingo on the, one and this poor guy bought it's, gone so apparently it's definitely been brought to their, attention their.
Speaker 4: Morons so why did they did they do it by, mistake and if, so are they going to do anything about?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 1: Yeah in, FACT i thought, That i'm.
Speaker 15: Sorry i'm, Sorry, TOM i take that back about, them and that was my. Opinion BUT i thought the guy was saying AND i didn't actually hear. IT i thought you were telling me that off air that they refused to do.
Speaker 1: Anything, well, actually let's ask. THEM i mean that's WHAT i was under the.
Speaker 4: Impression what did the dealers say they would do for?
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 10: Tyler, Hey, tom thanks for looking into. That yet at this moment they're unwilling to do. Anything, Jordan, hello.
Speaker 4: He got cut. Off, yeah that lose, you.
Speaker 1: Bro, yeah they're trying to get them back.
Speaker 4: UP i have it up, insane, LISTEN i have it up ON i have it up on YouTube for my morons to. See it Says Victory. Motors and then that's the website with the phone number twenty Fifteen tesla model S what IS p eighty FIVE D is that the designation they used to?
Speaker 15: Have yeah for, yeah just for that particular. Models but here's the. Problem what you put up doesn't show.
Speaker 4: It it's up at the.
Speaker 15: TOP i don't see it on the. YouTube they're going to be like what are you talking.
Speaker 4: About, well it's going to be there BECAUSE i just put it. Up it's got to be there BECAUSE i see.
Speaker 1: It i'm, Sorry i'm not. Looking i'm not looking at the.
Speaker 4: Top that my.
Speaker 1: BAD i see.
Speaker 15: It it's plain as, day twenty Fifteen MODEL s four thousand tax credit, Available.
Speaker 1: Tyler do you were trying to get them?
Speaker 7: On, yeah, Hey i'm. HERE i think you.
Speaker 4: Were, saying we got. You you went back to the dealer and you, said, HEY i can't get my four thousand dollars. Credit and what did they? Say too? Bad what did they actually, say be, honest straight? Up what did they, Say.
Speaker 10: OH i have Tex, YES i have text messages from the sales. Manager he tried. Everything he tried to input it multiple times through THE irs system that they can use because now they are registered to do. This but it didn't come for two months, later and so when he exhausted all his, options his boss gave us a call and then just, said, unfortunately our hands are. Tied we can't do.
Speaker 1: Anything, yeah let's blow them up right. Now so let's just blow them.
Speaker 15: Up let's have everybody, listening and everybody on YouTube and everybody in the, world please call these people and ask him very, nicely why are they doing false advertisement claiming this guy gets a four thousand dollars tax. Credit now their tail is between their legs and they won't do. Anything and this guy's own four, grand but do it nicely.
Speaker 1: Please seven to zero is their.
Speaker 4: Number seven to zero three four zero forty two ninety. Two they owe him four. Grand in my, mind seven to zero three four zero four two nine. Two do you see him losing in small claims?
Speaker 15: COURT i cannot imagine why he would lose with this advertisement from their. Website thank god he's got. This AND i wonder if they're. LYING i truly do wonder if they're lying about being able to do it, now because on their, website LIKE i, said there's a twenty Eighteen model three that does not show the tax rebate information like his. Did so why wouldn't they have it up?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 1: NOW i have no. Idea, kelly did we try to get these guys?
Speaker 17: On?
Speaker 4: Yes she?
Speaker 1: DID i heard her, Right.
Speaker 12: Kelly i'm SORRY i Didn't. HEARY i was on the.
Speaker 4: Phone what? Happened what did the dealer say when you tried to get them?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 18: Oh, Okay SO i talked to the sales manager That tyler And sabrina work.
Speaker 12: With his Name's.
Speaker 18: Jordan he was a very affable, gentleman and he reached out HIS gm who was unavailable to come.
Speaker 4: On, yeah that means tail between my. Opinion, well, okay he says. Unavailable did he say when he might be?
Speaker 18: Available he was very very nice about, it and he took our number down and said that he would call, if, okay he could get back to.
Speaker 1: Us so let's put Hot.
Speaker 4: Tyler, tyler you need to do a small. Claim mark explained to him the. Procedure, well there's.
Speaker 1: Not much to, it.
Speaker 15: MAN i can send you the information and give you some basics on, it just basically how to fill out the. PAPERWORK i can't give you legal, advice but the bottom line is you consume him for the first, allis And i'd go a little above that and basically i'd go get him. SERVED i do not see you winning, this all, Right i'm. SORRY i do not see you losing. This and that even makes me more upset about victory. Motors they're playing here for a, fool if you ask, Me BECAUSE i can't imagine a judge or a magistrate that would look at this and then, say, well too, bad so sad you can't do. It it's like it's like saying buy, one get one free dinner At apple, bam and is show up and buy what they charge you for?
Speaker 4: You where is This victory Located? Longmont are they In? LONGMONT i think they got multiple? Locations? Mark? Mark this actual one Of victory motors Of colorado's And. Longmont is it amazing how many bad dealers there are In longmont and Then Weld county in, general But longmond, Especially, Mark really you can attest to. This we get complain more complaints Of longmond dealerships than all Of.
Speaker 15: DENVER i just can't believe these people are. Burying they're hitting the sand over.
Speaker 1: This this is.
Speaker 15: So obviously their mistake one, percent and instead of just shutting up and paying, up they're gonna fight it and get bad press over, it people calling them because what they think this guy's gonna go away and just take.
Speaker 1: It you can you can see this on.
Speaker 4: YouTube i'm gonna take it down in a second here Because i'm gonna go on to another. Problem but on YouTube you can clearly see the. Ad i'm getting comments from my YouTube morons and they can clearly see. It even the morons they are realize that this was a promise, made fraud in the.
Speaker 1: Inducement so there you.
Speaker 4: Go, Anyway longmont Is Boulder, County i'm, told Not Weld. County All i'm saying is This Weld, County, Greely longmont the worst dealers in. History longmont's number. One Then Weld, County. Greeley greeley And Well county overlap, obviously and If longmont Is Boulder, county so be. It it's still a terrible place to buy. Cars AND i don't think we've ever found a good dealer In. Longmont. Ever it's almost like there's this little closed boys club, here, like let's go To longmont and screw.
Speaker 1: People, austin.
Speaker 4: Your nineteen year old son bought a, car and what really bothers? Me twenty minutes after they picked it, Up are you?
Speaker 13: Exaggerating, no, no, no that's what the general manager told me while he has a report in his. Hand he said he ran it up to eighty seven mile an. Hour AND i, said, well that's. FINE i don't know if you've ever driven In Colorado, springs but if you're on if you're on the, air state you gotta be going at least eighty.
Speaker 3: Five you're going To so is.
Speaker 4: He Blaming wait a, minute he's blaming your son for blowing.
Speaker 13: The engine, Yep and they, well let's talk about.
Speaker 4: This wait a, Minute wait a, minute it could be over. REVVING i don't know about this. CAR i know nothing about. It how many miles were on? It?
Speaker 13: Who i'd have to. Look but they did have a deal on the code that said he ran it up to forty seven hundred. Rpm AND i looked at everything online and it says that car doesn't shift until forty eight to forty nine thousand, Rpm and it does have.
Speaker 4: A, yeah but that doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: It but hold, on hold.
Speaker 4: On if he ran it up too, quickly it can it can break. It it. CAN i don't know how he was using. IT i don't, know and you truly don't. Know in, fact, no you don't even know how many miles were on. It that's, critical how many miles were on this, car because the more miles on the, car the less culpable they.
Speaker 1: Are, right what kind of car?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: So how many? Miles how many? Miles bro tell, Me.
Speaker 7: I'd have to. LOOK i don't.
Speaker 13: KNOW i think it was, like one hundred and twenty not a lot for A.
Speaker 4: Vw, well what, no if that's a ton, see see you're under the wrong. Impression those little engines are toast at about ninety thousand. Miles SO i don't even know what you're saying when you say a lot for A. Vw it's an extraordinary amount for A. Vw. Extraordinary you. Know VW's are. CRAP i don't know if people got the, telegram but they're. Crap they're good in the first few you, know in the first dozen, MILES i, mean, okay let's say up to forty thousand. Miles they're they're not made for. Longevity so SO i don't know what you mean that one hundred and twenty thousand miles not a lot for A. Vw it's not a lot for A toyota in.
Speaker 7: Fifty what's? THAT i had A vw.
Speaker 13: Pisade they went to two.
Speaker 4: Fifty, okay let me ask you something about YOUR. Vw hold, on when did you buy that? Pasade did you it? NEW i, did, okay and.
Speaker 19: You took care of it from new twenty some years, Ago.
Speaker 4: Austin it was twenty something years. Ago that was a whole different. Company first of, all they were even owned by different. People Number, two you took care of it from. New you didn't inherit it with one hundred and ten thousand miles on it or one hundred and twenty thousand miles on. It so to assume that because you bought a new one twenty years ago and took care of, it and your sun buy is one now with one hundred and twenty thousand miles on. It you want to know what people do with twenty FIFTEEN vw golfs when they buy, them they run the living crap out of. Them these little jab well this is A german, car but these Little German japanese, cars the kids that buy them run the living crap out of. Them and the fact that he never ever even had it checked out put some culpability on his. Shoulders i'm not saying he's allowed to be, cheated of course he's. Not did they lie to? Him did they hide? Something did they cover it?
Speaker 6: Up?
Speaker 4: Austin this is what we're going to be looking. For, first did they misrepresent the? Vehicle and can you prove it? Too did they cover anything up on the? Vehicle?
Speaker 1: THREE i don't know did they?
Speaker 4: Know did they know about it and and somehow lie to him about?
Speaker 1: IT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know so your SON i would like to be talking to more than. Anyone is he, Available, well i'd have to get.
Speaker 13: Him he's in he's at work In.
Speaker 1: Colorado i'd also like to know, this what year is that? Thing twenty?
Speaker 15: Twenty If kevin hen say that on a, fifteen you can tell how highway WAS?
Speaker 1: Revv did they just say? That or how do we? Know that's? Even, no it.
Speaker 4: Was it's in the, computer, Mark that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: SAYING i didn't even realize.
Speaker 13: That oh, yeah it'll be in the. Computer, okay WHAT i want to? Know and we're gonna get, it so we let me finish the. Story this makes it even worse is the fact that after it broke, down we call the. Dealership they, say, okay have it towed?
Speaker 4: In?
Speaker 13: OKAY i, say well you. Don't you're not going to tow it back. IN i mean we've had it for twenty. Minutes they, said, no you're going to have to pay for. It so they get their toe.
Speaker 7: Guy we pay for.
Speaker 13: It they towed it to the wrong. Dealership they're toe person towed it to the wrong. Dealership so we paid for that one toe and then the next morning they, say, oh well it's up to the wrong. Dealership you're gonna have to pay for it to get it towed to the right. Dealership so we.
Speaker 15: Do guess you know, WHAT i don't care if the kid did rev it a little hard, time my, god twenty minutes and now they make them pay for two. Toes it's kind of.
Speaker 4: Crazy, well, no, no, no, No, Mark, MARK i get. It But, mark truly, though if you have A volkswagen that's been not taken care, of and you got one hundred and twenty thousand miles on, it and you take it out and you do over rev, it that could be a.
Speaker 1: CAUSE i, mean we got.
Speaker 4: A fit with kevinar.
Speaker 1: Chaff let's Get kevin Or chaff on to talk about, this.
Speaker 4: Okay THREE o three seven one three talk seven and THREE a two five. Five for some, Reason i'm getting a report from my morons that they can't hear anybody but me on, there And i'm showing everything. Normal and, again don't make fun of, Me, MARK i didn't touch a.
Speaker 1: Thing THREE o three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 4: Five. Okay so we have more coming up on the troubleshooter. Show Renew Home innovations the most beautiful shower conversions at the best. Prices and WHEN i tell you, THAT i mean. It sheet, porcelain no maintenance. Beauty they can do the whole, shower get rid of that, shub and then they can do the backsplashes in your. Bathroom they can do wains. Coating they can do as much or as little as you. Want it's the best system you're gonna. Find Renew Home innovations dot com THREE o three nine zero four two. Thousand go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand The real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hey Tom martino here THREE o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. Five all, Right, wait have a real lunder.
Speaker 15: HERE i think, UH i Think victory is going to write this guy a check for four. GRAND i just have that. Idea why is? That, well let's Ask Kelly. Kelly what did the owners?
Speaker 16: Say kelly is currently busy with another caller and can't come to the phone right.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, Okay kelly cannot.
Speaker 12: Come To, Okay i'm, Sorry i'm, Here i'm, Sorry i'm. HERE i put in one. Hold, YES i just spoke with THE gm Of Victory motors and he, is.
Speaker 18: Once, Again i'm going to use this adjective, affable and he is going to Call tyler And sabrina and work it.
Speaker 4: Out, Okay so do you really? Believe? Now that's good, Though that's, excellent AS i WOULDN'T i if who was the?
Speaker 1: Caller what was his?
Speaker 15: Name, Yeah, tyyler if you're, LISTENING i wouldn't take anything less than the fore grand no matter, what because this is cut and dry in my opinion in small.
Speaker 4: Claims, yeah, Yeah, Now, mark if they don't do, it what homophone phone would you use for?
Speaker 1: AFFABLE i would, say like to Test mar's.
Speaker 4: Diction SO i would say, homophone go, Ahead, no what homophone, phone would you? Homophone would you use for affable if they don't come? THROUGH i would say, Pleasant, no a homophone a?
Speaker 15: Homophone, yeah he's looking at a mark break break versus.
Speaker 1: BREAK i get. It, yeah you're. RIGHT i didn't know what a homophone. Was not is, correct but the homophone would be not.
Speaker 15: Affable but, yes, No i'm gonna go, no, no, no you're wrong. Myself, no, no, no you're one hundred percent, Wrong. THOMAS a homophone example would Be boulder Versus boulder or canyon Versus.
Speaker 4: No that is that is another. Site that is another. Example but it just has to sound. Alike and and.
Speaker 15: Your, Rhyme oh my, GOD i can't Believe i'm arguing with your enact can be a? Homophone that can be a? Homophone so red and yellow are therefore a.
Speaker 4: Homophone, no but, no but red and Red, no red and red are. Homophones you're, right that's.
Speaker 1: Right three h.
Speaker 4: Three oh wait wait we got a comment OR jr on R on On.
Speaker 1: Tesla go, AHEAD. Jr what is your comment.
Speaker 7: About?
Speaker 16: Mark one thing you missed about The tesla rebate for the used? Car was it that the car is has to meet the?
Speaker 7: Rebate.
Speaker 16: Criteria. Yeah, also so the one that you've seen on there.
Speaker 4: Didn't meet the.
Speaker 16: Criteria that's why it's not offering the four.
Speaker 1: Thousand, OH i see you're saying the.
Speaker 15: MODEL i wonder why a twenty Eighteen model three wouldn't meet that though it's.
Speaker 16: It's going to go off a mileage, year got it and?
Speaker 15: Vehicles what do you but, listen, Man, ROCK i would think about. This if you guys actually advertised a vehicle that said four thousand dollars rebate and someone bought, it and you guys messed up and.
Speaker 1: Never filed with THE irs.
Speaker 15: To get the rebate, money or with the state or whomever you need to file, with what would you guys?
Speaker 1: Do would you tell them the pound.
Speaker 4: Sand fail the money?
Speaker 1: Period?
Speaker 16: Yeah and Then, TOM i had sent you that said whenever you post a, picture we lose Comm you lose communication with the caller.
Speaker 3: And the and the.
Speaker 4: Office, yeah AND i found out, why BECAUSE i found out, why.
Speaker 1: Right, Right and the reason is when you.
Speaker 4: Post WHEN i posted a, picture it picked up the audio from the, picture which was. None SO i have to just pick up pick up the picture without the. Audio and that's enough for, That because.
Speaker 1: YEAH i get.
Speaker 16: It, yeah conversation.
Speaker 17: J R.
Speaker 4: Jr WHILE i have you on The WHILE i have you on the phone right, Now i'm gonna you're the J R. Jr from the, road Right, Yes, okay WHILE i have you on the, phone, Listen, man you're a nut and about this one. THING i don't think you're a nut about a lot of, things because you call in with very intelligent, Comments but you're a nut when it comes to these. Chemtrails if you believe that the entire world of, aviation major airlines are going to sacrifice weight to bring on chemicals to their, airplanes and that they're all going to keep it a. Secret every single ap every single ramp, rat every single, pilot every single person involved in this conspiracy is going to hide this and that that these airlines are spreading chemicals for some.
Speaker 1: GOVERNMENT i don't know what the hell.
Speaker 4: Government conspiracy you got going maybe to control the population. Whatever you're a.
Speaker 1: Nut, okay you're a, nut.
Speaker 4: But you're a nut TO JR. Jr you don't truly, BELIEVE. Jr do you truly believe? That, okay Just i'm asking you a. Question do you truly believe that there is literally a scheme and you believe that the airlines are spreading chemical.
Speaker 16: TRAILS i think they are not passenger. AIRPLANES i think they are government. Airplanes, YES i do truly.
Speaker 17: Believe so you.
Speaker 4: Think that the government is sending Out, okay the government is sending out airplanes daily or weekly or. Whenever but they send them out and they're dispersing chemicals into the.
Speaker 7: Air, yes, yep truly.
Speaker 1: Believe what are these chemicals? For what's the?
Speaker 4: Reason and by the, way at least you're not crazy enough to think the airlines are in on. It so let's say the government has some special airplanes they're sending out to disperse. Chemicals what are these chemicals. For, well some of them.
Speaker 16: Are cloud, seedings so they're getting moisture so that we get rain and. Snow BUT.
Speaker 7: I don't know what's COMPLETELY i, mean we've had this.
Speaker 16: Discussion they have poisoned, cities they have Poisoned america through our history.
Speaker 4: For what?
Speaker 16: Reason, well what was the what was the?
Speaker 4: REASON i don't.
Speaker 7: KNOW i don't.
Speaker 4: Know, OKAY i Think, oraville, RIGHT i, mean, so but these these, chemicals and don't you think there would be any environmental, agencies independent or otherwise that could simply go up and those condensation, trails which they are if they were, chemtrails don't you think don't they're condensation. Trails but don't you think that any kind of person would have gone up like a nut like you and all the nuts like you would get together and have somebody simply go up in air sample those so called. Chemtrails, Oh i'm sure they.
Speaker 7: Have Now i've asked you to do.
Speaker 4: It in, fact you know What i'm gonna do. It, no wait a, minute how high are? THEY i might not be able to go that? High how high are those? Chemtrails, no not for, you not for your.
Speaker 16: Helicopter i'm talking about these. Airplanes when they take off in. Land they are being tracked from the second they take up to they. RIGHT i, GUARANTEE i guarantee you cannot track these airplanes that are laying down the camp. TRAIL i guarantee.
Speaker 1: It, well are you a flat earther as? Well just out of? Curiosity see he even.
Speaker 4: Hesitated not to come, on, man he hesitated when you asked him if he's a flat. Earther For god's, sakes, okay time to put him on. Hold he doesn't even deserve to be a YouTube. Moron he doesn't believe, no and we don't believe that those women are that. High, okay, listen we got more coming. Up somebody's got a very IMPORTANT llc question and more after. This go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to. One. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two I'm Tom.
Speaker 4: Martine, Listen mike your, next But i'm gonna Take matt Because matt called in From Victory. Motors he's the general, manager and whenever a company wants to respond to something heard on the, air we give them.
Speaker 1: Priorities So, mike please hang on AND i.
Speaker 4: Will get to. You, matt THE gm Of Victory motors wants to talk about This tesla situation where they sold the Used tesla and they were unable to file the necessary paperwork So tyler could get his four thousand dollars credit as, advertised and that's because at the time they were not registered to do it as a qualified. Dealer, Again i'm not saying this was intentional or meant to deceive. Anyone maybe they misunderstood the. PROGRAM i don't, Know so we're just going to ask. Him matt your, Turn, Hey, tom good.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 7: Hey, so, yeah we've spoken With.
Speaker 8: Tyler we've spoken With sabrina multiple times over the past several, weeks trying to get them whatever information they. Need and, again we're not tax, accountant so we continue to defer them to their tax. Accountant so we have even reached out to OUR, cpa the lady that handles all of our. Taxes we've done all the necessary research and tried giving them all the. Information so you're, right it did say there was an available four thousand dollars tax credit, available. Right and the reason why we don't do time of sale rebates is because it's all income, limited, Right so you have to be under a certain income that we don't know at the time of.
Speaker 7: Sale.
Speaker 1: Right, well my, god that's.
Speaker 4: Fair But, tyler hold On tyler hold on market in this particular. Case in this particular, case there was no way a four thousand dollars credit would have been available to anyone because you were not qualified to process. It so that was false, advertising no matter how you slice. It the fact that you've given them information and told them, Listen i'm not saying you did this, intentionally but no matter, what that was a false. Statement there was never a four thousand dollars rebate available on that particular car because, you as a, dealer were not qualified to file the sale.
Speaker 1: Report so we don't have.
Speaker 8: To do a sale. Report so what they have to do is it's. Form it's a downloadable form that they can. Do IT'S dr zero six one seven that they are able to. DO i verify this with OUR cpa that they're still available to get the four thousand dollars tax. Rebate the thing that you're alluding to is going to be at the time of sale. Credit so to be a registered easy dealer what some dealerships, do which we do not write it was not advertised as a lower discounted price due to the four thousand dollars coming off the sale price is because it's all income Based we never know on a cash sale what type of income a customer, makes so if they make OVER i believe it's three hundred thousand, dollars you're not eligible for the tax.
Speaker 7: Credit so rather than.
Speaker 4: Do What i'm, asking What i'm asking is, This i'm asking a simple. Question you're saying That matt can still get a four thousand dollars tax.
Speaker 8: Credit tyler can still Get i'm, sorry your credit correct If tyler gives HIS, cpa AND i think, Again i've spoken With, Tyler i've spoken With, sabrina and so has the sales Manager, jordan for you, know hours on, end over the course of a couple of. Weeks but, again we're not, accountants right all we're able to do.
Speaker 4: No, LISTEN i know you're not a tax accountant, credit but you can't offer a four thousand dollars credit if it's not. Available but what you're saying is quite. Different you're saying it is, available which is amazing to me because WHEN i looked on the website it said the only time this can be processed is if the dealer has pre registered for the program and was. Approved but you're telling us something. Different you're saying that four thousand dollars credit is available to. Him and the reason you advertised a four thousand dollars credit available is because it is available to some taxpayers even though, you as a, dealer are not qualified to issue a time of sale.
Speaker 8: Certificate, Correct so the time of sale certificate when we did become. Registered what that allows some dealers to do is they can take it off and they can actually take that tax credit from the. Customers right so that time is, stale we'll get credited back to the. Dealership What i'm saying is That tyler still is. Eligible the four thousand dollars tax credit is still.
Speaker 9: Available good just has.
Speaker 8: To file the form D are zero six one.
Speaker 4: Seven why doesn't he know?
Speaker 8: This, Again we've tried explaining to, Them we've given them all the. Information on a Quick google, search you guys can verify it the. Dealership it even says very, specifically nothing is required from the, dealership just the form dr okay six One.
Speaker 15: Wait wait you know, what let me ask a clarifying. Question IF i go by a Used tesla or something that would qualify whatever that is from an, INDIVIDUAL i can still file a zero six one oh seven And i'll get the four thousand dollars rebate on a USED.
Speaker 8: EV i don't know if you buy it.
Speaker 7: PERSONALLY i can't speak with.
Speaker 1: That what defines the? Dealer what does the dealer have to do to qualify for?
Speaker 4: It, LISTEN i have to take a. BREAK i have to take a. Break we'll come.
Speaker 13: Back.
Speaker 4: LISTEN i THINK i understand What matt's, saying AND i might tend to agree with.
Speaker 1: Him hold, on, Though hang, on we'll come right.
Speaker 4: Back go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation in comparison Call Compass. Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martino you're troubleshooter THREE o three seven to one three talk seven one THREE a two five, Five So, mark you wanted to clarify something With matt. Again you, KNOW i think anything that happened With matt At Victory, Motors i'm sad that it wasn't intentional or trying to deceive. Anyone but the question never thought it was does this Deal? No? No the question is, This here's the central. Question is that four thousand dollars available to the consumer as advertised if they take certain steps or must the dealer have been a certain registration for it to take? Effect so what were you going to Ask?
Speaker 15: Mark, well here's ALL i really want to ask him right now while we do, research Because matt could very well be. RIGHT i can't find anything on that. Document BUT i do know, accountants AND i know dealing doug, MANAGERS i know all kinds of general managers of dealerships across the front. Range So, matt it would just simply come down to, this in my, opinion if he can possibly do it and he's got to figure it out with his, ACCOUNTANT i say it's all on. Him but if it's impossible for him to do it because where he purchased it isn't signed up for whatever at the, time are you willing to give them the four?
Speaker 8: Grand, yeah of course we're willing to help out however we. Can and that's what we've explained to the. Customers, Right we've spent hours of our OWN.
Speaker 15: I understand, that BUT i just want to ask one more, so if it's, impossible will you give them the four grand if it's if it turned out to be your?
Speaker 1: Fault he, said, Yes i'm good with.
Speaker 4: You thank you go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ye news.
Speaker 11: By who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running suspass as we.
Speaker 14: Can shooter's gonna help Coming Man.
Speaker 5: Dix is The Troubleshooter. Show No Tom, Martine Hey.
Speaker 1: Tom rtino, Here welcome to the.
Speaker 4: Show three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five here to help you solve, problems answer, questions taken, place make your life a little.
Speaker 1: Easier and we do. It we've been doing it for forty.
Speaker 4: Five, years fifty years total if you count outside Of, denver the longest running radio show continue alying there continually on the air with the same. Host so we enjoy. This AND i want to tell you That frank durand the real estate man will give you a market valuation of your home, immediately free of, charge with all factors, considered no obligation. Whatsoever based on this thirty years of, experience, comps neighborhood interest, rates supplying, demand get an accurate. Appraisal it's not an. APPRAISAL i shouldn't call it. That an evaluation based on actual. Sales three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two all, RIGHT i want to continue. Here we have a situation going on With. Tyler, Now tyler bought A tesla and he bought it at a place Called Victory motors In. Longmont and there's a continuing question. Here does it qualify for the advertised four thousand dollars tax. Credit there are credits available for used evs if the car matches certain qualifications and this model s. Did but When tyler tried to get this four thousand dollars, credit he was told that that particular dealer did not qualify because it was not. Registered, tyler we have since been told that you're able to apply to, this apply for this as an, individual and it doesn't necessarily require.
Speaker 1: That the dealer be signed. Up have you heard?
Speaker 7: THAT i have not heard.
Speaker 4: That, okay d what were you able to see at the? Irs but by the, way the dealer did tell us that if it was their fault and there is no way that that's, available they would make it. Right but the dealer is telling us there's two kinds of discounts or. Credits one is at the time of, sale they actually take it off the price of the, car and that's the one where the dealer has to be. Registered they take it off the price of the, car and then the dealer is later reimbursed for. It but he said there's another credit directly to the consumers where the dealer does not have to be signed, up as long as the car meets the.
Speaker 11: Qualifications and not only, that But tyler has to meet certain max and he does income he does so you didn't overshoot the Income.
Speaker 4: Tyler so let's Assume tyler is qualified and the car is. Qualified the question, Is dimitri can he directly apply for that without the dealer being. REGISTERED i hate to Put.
Speaker 11: John fuller on, you but Maybe i've been reading THE irs documents related to this type of, transaction and they do very clearly state that in order to take a credit at the time of the, sale the dealer must be rich at.
Speaker 4: The time of the, sale and that's What matt was. Saying they weren't trying To they did not discount the car for a later reimbursement that would have been at the time of the, sale but now we're talking about after the. Sale does that make a. Difference?
Speaker 11: TOM i WISH i could be more, helpful but it's not. Easy there are so many pages and so MANY pdf arrests related to. This there's nothing That i've read so far that relates to the buyer's ability to claim a credit that requires the dealership to be.
Speaker 1: Registered, okay there are.
Speaker 11: All kinds of qualifications for the, car including maximum miles on the, parameter that kind of, stuff BUT i haven't seen anything where the where the dealer has to be. Registered, However, tyler if you have conflicting, Information i'd love to get a copy of.
Speaker 4: It SO i don't Think tyler does HAVE COMB i don't Think tyler.
Speaker 15: Knows, NO i don't Even i'm totally hearing what you're, Saying, dimitri But i'm processing it a different. WAY i, mean then you might as well make the. Leap you could buy it From mexico from an individual and still be able to do. IT i mean you're, saying because it doesn't actually say that the court.
Speaker 4: Mark according to THE, irs if you buy a USED ev that, qualifies and you, qualify you get a tax.
Speaker 15: Credit not so even from an. Individual you, guys, yeah that's probably.
Speaker 1: Wrong that's.
Speaker 11: Right but your roller did say something during his very first.
Speaker 4: Mark it's not That i'm, wrong it's that we're reading, It, Okay so if we're reading.
Speaker 1: The wrong, stuff then it's. Wrong not that's. Nothing he comes down right and, wrong and.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen What i'm saying is when people read stuff and try to interpret, it don't jump on their asses about being right and. Wrong we are all searching for the truth and we don't always get our dicks out three three seven to one three talks seven, one, three, eight two five.
Speaker 1: Five So dmitri, continue, Please.
Speaker 11: Tyler when you first called, this you said that you said you filed your taxes online and they got kicked.
Speaker 4: Back those are your.
Speaker 11: Words was there a reason that THE rs has denied your vehicle?
Speaker 14: Credit, yeah so we tried to go through an accountant, initially and it kept getting kicked back because THE vin didn't match the, register the the documents that you, know the government uses to ensure that there was a. Sale so it wasn't matching THE ev tax, credit you, know whatever doc you, know whatever a database they have for that kind of.
Speaker 7: Information so.
Speaker 11: Is THE vin is the MISTAKEN vin on your bill of? Sale or is the MISTAKEN vin on your tax tax?
Speaker 16: Filing THE vin is correct on all.
Speaker 10: Paperwork so THEN i had to went through turbo tax because the TurboTax.
Speaker 19: Allows you to kind of force.
Speaker 10: It there's a clip checkbox that, says you, KNOW i.
Speaker 4: Verified that MY vin is.
Speaker 10: CORRECT i got my state caller out of refund through, then but then the R s adjusted my Federal well maybe.
Speaker 4: We, asked maybe we asked an Account.
Speaker 11: This may be no, Idea this may be AN irs problem because based on What tyler just told us THE irs is not denying his credit because the dealer wasn't. Registered they're denying his credit because there's some kind of a discrepancy in the ven number.
Speaker 10: Records from my, understanding it's that the vin doesn't match any records because there was no records of it being sold at.
Speaker 11: An D, yeah there is a report that the dealer is required to file with THE irs to register this.
Speaker 4: Sale and if, okay well hold, on then that's the part where the dealer has to be. Registered then, well even if the consumer is going you, See i'm.
Speaker 1: Confused, so As mark, said.
Speaker 4: Can an individual sell, this well, no because they can never file that.
Speaker 11: Report in, fact it says so right on THE rs website you have to purchase it from a.
Speaker 4: Dealer, Okay so that register have to purchase, Okay and that's the whole.
Speaker 1: Idea it just says from a.
Speaker 11: Dealer he a marijuana, dealer, no clearally talking about an automobile Doing.
Speaker 1: Hey, matt let me ask you, Something.
Speaker 4: MATT i mean you said that if you wanted to discount it at the time of, sale that's one program.
Speaker 8: Dealership would, have, Right, Yeah so the dealership at the time of sale for the. Discount so if we were to have been registered for a time of sale, discount which we don't do for income, purposes right because, Right.
Speaker 4: Okay go, ahead the dealership has TO i don't.
Speaker 8: Care just the consumer has to qualify as. Well so again everything That i've, Read we've talked to OUR cpa who was very familiar with it because she said a ton of her clients actually do file this form every single.
Speaker 1: Year can we talk to YOUR? Cpa can we talk to.
Speaker 4: You we're just trying to help Out. Tyler, now can we talk to YOUR? Cpa you, THINK.
Speaker 8: I, MEAN i would be very surprised IF i could get her on the phone right. Now but, again everything That i'm seeing he would get very. Clearly if the dealership was not registered with the state for the point of sale, transfer you can still qualify for The COLORADO ev tax. Credit you will just claim it yourself when you follow your state.
Speaker 4: Taxes, yeah you're looking at the you're looking at THE irs and it's not AN irs.
Speaker 1: Program it's a state.
Speaker 8: Program it's a state it's a state. Program and as soon As tyler And sabrina by their, vehicles, right are tent tags when we sell a. Vehicle The colorado picks up that bin number as a sold, vehicle so they should have. RECORDS i just don't think the FORM dr zero six one seven was filed properly with their income taxes to the state Of. COLORADO i think that's where the Missing.
Speaker 1: Okay hold, on hold, on what's the.
Speaker 7: FORM dr zero six one?
Speaker 4: Seven, OKAY dr as in dog dr as? In are you SAYING d?
Speaker 1: Delta roger got? It d D? R what.
Speaker 8: Zero six one?
Speaker 15: Seven i'm pretty sure the rebate for four thousand, dollars guys is a federal.
Speaker 1: Rebate that's. Great, okay here's What i'm.
Speaker 4: Reading On april twenty twenty, Five COLORADO'S ev tax credit applies to the purchase of new. Evs the standard take it was increased to five thousand. Dollars, currently six thousand. Dollars rebates remain available for low income residents who trade in older high emission. Vehicles regarding the purchase of used, Evs colorado does not offer a tax credit on such. Transactions, however low income residents may qualify for a six thousand dollars rebate when trading in an older high emission. Vehicle when purchasing a USED ev FORM dr six one seven is used to claim The Innovative Motor Vehicle Tax, credit which is typically associated with new. Vehicles so if you're if you're considering purchasing a USED, ev this does not.
Speaker 1: Apply.
Speaker 15: It most apply to it a four thousand dollars federal. Rebate, yeah which is right, HERE i really says nail from a licensed.
Speaker 4: Dealer, Right, SO i think that you're mistaken about A COLORADO ev. Credit i'm looking on their website and it and it doesn't talk about any kind of a credit on a used.
Speaker 1: Vehicle it. Doesn't this whole conversation has been.
Speaker 4: Around it does not offer a tax credit on used vehicles because right out in the, open if you go to The colorado website you can see. It so and THIS dro six one seven they said is For Innovative Motor Vehicle tax credit with new vehicle purchases. Only SO i don't know where you're getting your, Information, matt BUT i think you're off a. Bit.
Speaker 1: Now i'm not saying we know.
Speaker 4: It we really are.
Speaker 8: Confused it's a FEDERAL ev tax credit And i'm happy to send everybody the links to.
Speaker 7: Do so you just told, me.
Speaker 4: You said you said less than two minutes ago it was a state.
Speaker 1: CREDIT i meant to say.
Speaker 4: FEDERAL i.
Speaker 8: Apologize i'm trying to get you guys as much information AS i possibly.
Speaker 4: Can, Okay, okay so we're all. Clear there is No COLORADO ev.
Speaker 1: Credit. Okay so is there a FEDERAL ev? Credit and what is that?
Speaker 4: Form?
Speaker 1: Tom what information do we have on that?
Speaker 4: Form? Okay on that? Form when it comes to, FEDERAL i don't. KNOW i just asked about the state and was brought to the state. Website so the D r six one, seven that's what we're talking. About i'll ask it again and find.
Speaker 1: Out but here's WHAT i want to.
Speaker 4: Know is is he is he able to get a tax credit or? Not that's? It is he able to and Geta And demetria has been feverishly.
Speaker 1: Reading do you think our normal account will know?
Speaker 7: This let's.
Speaker 4: Ask let's ask If i'm At las CPAs anybody over there knows? That and, listen, okay mark on THE irs. WEBSITE dr six one seven is for qualifying new. Vehicles, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: New there is nothing, here nothing here about a used.
Speaker 4: Vehicle. Nothing it's on. New wait wait, wait, wait hold. On the credit is available only for new. Vehicles used vehicles or those previously titled or registered do not. Qualify so THIS dr six one seven absolutely positively is for no use vehicle at.
Speaker 1: All this is right off of their. Website SO i don't know what we.
Speaker 4: DO i, mean this guy is getting different information from his own web. SITE i, mean excuse, me from his own, accountant AND i don't know. Why it's it's just not the right. Way so it's a. Mystery it's a mystery if this four thousand dollars credit was ever, available if it's available now to this guy or. Not But i'm telling, you this guy went in thinking he was going to get a four thousand dollars. Credit no matter What tyler, did you bother asking your own.
Speaker 9: Accountant all she was able to do was basically do what you guys just, did, right just look up different forms and see if there was any way to get a different.
Speaker 7: Forum we couldn't.
Speaker 8: Find she couldn't find.
Speaker 10: Anything her only option was maybe if it gets rejected to.
Speaker 14: An, appeal and there's some appeal forms we can.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 1: WELL i. Don't I'm i'm seeing where there's very.
Speaker 4: Little there's very few to me that site that you're reading specifically FOR us vehicles or New, well ACTUALLY i haven't.
Speaker 11: Write what you saw me reading was the actual law that defines what a dealer, is and it defines it in two separate for two separate. Purposes the registered dealer is if you want them to take that credit at the time of the. Sale but In tyler's, case the dealer. Is the dealer is also defined as just be a licensed dealer to sell. Cars, okay they don't need to be registered based on the law That i've read so.
Speaker 4: Far, now NOW i found something. Else this is believe it or. Not on Another colorado, website it says The Federal Used Clean Vehicle credit under The Inflation Reduction, act you may be eligible for a federal tax credit up to four thousand dollars or thirty percent of a vehicle's purchase price when buying a qualifying USED.
Speaker 1: Ev is that what you're looking?
Speaker 4: AT i got that same. Information the purchase price must be twenty five thousand or less. Correct the model year has to be less than two years. Old the purchase must be from a licensed. Dealer THE ev must have a battery capacity of at least seven. Kilowatts income limits one hundred and fifty thousand for a, couple one twelve for heads of, households seventy five for. Individuals the vehicle must be used for personal. Use so that's What i'm seeing about this vehicle of four. Thousand, Tom i'd like to correct something you.
Speaker 11: Said, yeah the vehicle must be at least two years.
Speaker 1: Early, yeah that's, right at least two years, right two years.
Speaker 4: Old, Okay, no, no, no at least two years. Old, right that's what it, says at least two years. Old, OKAY i read it.
Speaker 1: Wrong, Okay so here's the.
Speaker 4: Thing, Apparently, now did he advertise a four or six four? Four, okay so that's the four thousand dollars credit under but that's, federal that's not.
Speaker 11: State, yeah it didn't help that the dealer, representative you.
Speaker 4: Know, Unfortunately, Wait colorado offers additional incentives as part of a vehicle exchange. Program but that's when you trade in a high mileage of some kind of other.
Speaker 1: Car this gets very.
Speaker 4: Complicated in, FACT i challenge any any fricking.
Speaker 1: Accountants to even know.
Speaker 4: It so if you're considering AN ev In, colorado a used, one you may benefit from this tax credit of four thousand dollars federal a state rebate up to four thousand with this vehicle exchange. Program to maximize your, savings make sure you learn about the programs before. Buying apparently no one knew about, this not even the. Dealer Because matt's all mixed up as.
Speaker 1: Well we got to take a. Break we got more coming.
Speaker 4: Up with a sure, Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're, content wait time for an insurance checkup, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to.
Speaker 17: One.
Speaker 4: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax. Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 15: Two all, right three oh three seven three eight two five hereive you got your go?
Speaker 1: Ahead, sorry all right.
Speaker 4: Man thank you three oh three seven one three eight two five to. Five and let me just get To, mike cause he's been waiting a. While, mike you have a question about selling ON.
Speaker 1: Llc is that what it.
Speaker 17: Is, Yeah i'm LOOKING i own a, construction a landscape construction company for over twenty five. Years i'm looking to get. OUT i do about two to two point four million a. YEAR i have a phenomenal reputation in my, industry AND i just want to know if it's a buying market or a selling market for a big you, know equity firm to come in and purchase my. COMPANY i have a company that's, okay looking.
Speaker 1: To what actual? Show so what service do you?
Speaker 17: Provide it's, construction, landscape, patios, driveways, landscape.
Speaker 4: Irrigation, Okay and and you have AN, Llc so when you asked about selling AN, llc you're actually asking about selling a.
Speaker 1: Business.
Speaker 4: Correct, Okay so here's WHAT i here's what's really here's what's really important to. Know, okay what exactly do you have as far as assets of THE?
Speaker 17: Llc nine hundred thousand and, equipment, building, skin, steers dump, trucks actual, trucks about nine hundred thousand and.
Speaker 3: Tens of.
Speaker 4: Assets, now are these prices sale prices that you hope to get or fire sale?
Speaker 17: Prices, WELL i do growth, sales you, know over two million a. Years So I'M i want to know if it's a good time to sell my. COMPANY i mean you've.
Speaker 1: Got yes sold.
Speaker 17: Companies, yes you want to know with the with the economy booming here In, denver having an investment firm coming and purchase my company with a ton of. GROWTH i only advertise south of. SEVENTY i haven't even touched the north.
Speaker 4: Market, No, NO i, understand, yes is a good time to sell a. Company but private equity looks for way more than you're doing right. Now, okay but that doesn't mean you can't be purchased by someone else or a smaller private equity, company but you Have usually private equity companies buy things that are congruent with what they're already. Doing so do you know of Any do you know of any companies that are doing what you're doing that have been?
Speaker 17: PURCHASED i don't know, Offhand, No BUT i know THAT i do have a company's you, KNOW i got to give them. Money they'll put me out on the, market they'll do an evaluation of my, company give me a you, know a, price let you know the market would give.
Speaker 4: You, now most of the companies that want money, upfront they're full of.
Speaker 1: Crap, okay?
Speaker 4: Correct any good company worth his salt will sell for a selling, commission will will work for a selling. Commission so the fact that they want, money how much money upfront do They how much money upfront do they? Want thirty five thirty five hundred thirty five dollars thirty five, thousand how much do they? Want forget, Them forget, them just absolutely throw their name in the. Sea do not use. Them first of, all WHEN i asked about your equipment and building and the, PRICE i asked if it was. Realistic AND i meant that because they they cut that to the, quick like how old is your? Equipment did you depreciate it? Properly or are you looking at replacement? Costs when you valued your stuff at nine hundred.
Speaker 17: Thousand, oh that's market price FOR i to sell. It let's say on you Know, Facebook i'm not over.
Speaker 4: Asking so you're gonna Take, okay you're gonna take eighty percent of market when it comes to hard. Assets, okay this is just what you're gonna. Get so whether you like it or, not you're gonna get about eighty percent on the dollar for. That and and so you're looking at about seven hundred and twenty, thousand and then your your your your. Receivables are they from the same group of customers or new? Customers every?
Speaker 17: Year we have repeat, clients but mostly new through advertising and sl on the. Internet.
Speaker 1: Okay, now when you say you do two million a, year.
Speaker 4: Is that gross gross? Seals, okay gross sales don't mean. Much how? Much how much do you net out of? That i'm not talking about your. Salary i'm talking about after you take off any equipment depreciation and any other kind of expense like fuel and and rant or you have any and all of, that what do you actually net out of that two?
Speaker 1: Million i'm talking about pure.
Speaker 4: Profit i'm talking about a net after cost of sales and hard.
Speaker 17: Costs, well probably around three hundred.
Speaker 4: Ok, okay so about three hundred k and about seven twenty you're gonna probably if you get a million dollars a million one point seven to two million dollars is the price that that probably it would. Bring, now if you had a lot of promise and a lot of new stuff coming on, board it would be. Different Now i'm not the one to price. Is i'm just giving you a basic.
Speaker 17: Get a price From.
Speaker 4: Okay there are. Business, now did somebody chime? In, yes oh, okay, thanks Thanks, DRAGON i got to take a quick, break. MAN i will tell you WHO i think you should go to or where you should go for at least.
Speaker 1: Evaluation right after, this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, Right, Mike i've consulted my.
Speaker 4: Library here of references over the, years AND i will tell you That I'm i'm right in. There when it comes to the price of your, company you're going to be looking at two million to two point two two to two point two based on what you've told, us and as far as getting people to evaluate, it you will.
Speaker 1: Have and by the, WAY i use both.
Speaker 4: The earnings MULTIPLE i use the hard asset evaluation and the market comparison, approach and you're falling right in the two million dollar. Range is that what you had in? Mind did you know it would be anywhere from two point one to two point.
Speaker 17: THREE i was sticking a little more just BECAUSE i have the growth of you, know expanding north of seventy and advertising.
Speaker 4: Noise, yeah but they don't buy. Potential they. Don't they don't buy potential when they have to develop. It if the potential has been, developed then it becomes history and track.
Speaker 1: Record but if you, say, WELL i got.
Speaker 4: Tremendous growth growth up, north but you haven't done, it they don't value.
Speaker 1: It that's that's just too. Much they just don't do.
Speaker 17: That twenty years under my belt AND i only Concentrate.
Speaker 19: South IF i were to, in that's.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, No, No i'm not look at. Me you got a solid company to.
Speaker 4: Sell i'm telling. You you don't sell on territory you're not. In you just. Don't you sell on what you've. Done you don't sell on what you could be. Doing that's just the fact of. Life one of the PLACES i one of the PLACES i want you to check some reputable. Companies company broker dot Com companybroker dot. Com another one more in your price range would Be raincatcher dot. Com and then this one might be right up your ally that might see more potential than others Is Intermountain Business brokers dot.
Speaker 9: Com if you're your companies that you've had in the pastor.
Speaker 4: Mark, No, No i've done direct. Sales the only Companies i've sold in the. PAST i sold my phone company with a direct. Sale the Others i've developed and never. SOLD i MEAN i just have. Them so here's the. Deal mark your your auto, dealership your auto.
Speaker 15: Service at my computer store was a direct, sale MEANING I i found the, guy but the good year Is interestingly, ENOUGH i use my, Accountant Mallory, smith and he still does this and he does different business, brokering and he kind of did the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 15: Man he basically played the, arbitrator the mediator and put together pretty much the paperwork he As. Mark, yeah he can definitely do the. EVALUATIONS i mean that's what he does by. Trade but he'd be worth you, calling. Honestly, well it's his name.
Speaker 7: Again his name Is.
Speaker 15: Mallory, smith and it's Called smith In lavelle and they're in basically the tech center, Okay, smith go to our referral list and type In smith And levell Or smith or go to the accounting.
Speaker 1: Category you'll see.
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 17: Okay then and then someone question if let's, say, uh you, Know i'm around fifty years, old how much money WOULD i need to retire and never work?
Speaker 19: Again let's say that two?
Speaker 17: Points, Okafe, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, no that's a good. Question hang on for. That i'll come back to. You that's a question for me as far AS i can put some numbers to. It how old are?
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 4: Fifty, OKAY i did. It we got this forty, now, OKAY i want to ASK i want to ask another.
Speaker 1: Question how much you need to live?
Speaker 4: On, well if you want to live on the street or do you want to live in in a giant? Mansion you know you're nut that you have to crack has a lot to do with what you want to live. On so what are you asking for in a monthly? Income that's what we need to. Know what would you consider a good monthly? Income probably one hundred.
Speaker 17: And seventy thousand a year or not a? Month twelve to thirteen thousand a.
Speaker 4: Month, okay let's say. Fifty let's say twelve to fifteen thousand a. Month i'm going to have My in, FACT i have my investment one of my main investment guys here With wave Eight Wealth. Management let's put some numbers to. It i'm and when do you want to? Retire like, NOW.
Speaker 17: I have other irons in the fire WHICH i develop another. Company but, YEAH i mean i'd sell.
Speaker 4: It, Okay, okay so we'll talk about.
Speaker 1: That hang, On I'm Tom.
Speaker 4: Martinez we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter. Show don't forget that thirty nine dollars special fixmihome dot.
Speaker 1: Com Book now for that deep clean of YOUR ac.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand The real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax align three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two, Hey Tom, martino you're A troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to. Five, man we've had a lot of confusion when it comes to.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 1: Car he bought a.
Speaker 4: Used tesla and he feels he deserves some kind of tax. Credit from what he's. Reading the question is how do you get? It everywhere we, read we're finding different. Information first of, all it's about a four thousand dollars tax credit available on used. Evs but that's the only consistent thing we can, Find, Dimitri is that?
Speaker 1: True? Yeah and, uh you, KNOW i THINK i.
Speaker 11: CAN i Think i'm developing a pretty good idea or a suspicion of what actually. Happened Is matt From Victory motors still in the?
Speaker 4: Line? Yeah are you? There can you hear? Me? YEAH i think he's. There go, Ahead, Hey.
Speaker 11: Matt, so from What i've seen is the dealer at the time of the, sale the dealer must report the sale to THE. Irs AND i believe that that's because when the consumer requests a credit from THE, irs THE irs computer needs to be able to match that vehicle credit request to an actual sale to make sure it actually took. Place so my question for, You, matt is did you report this sale to THE irs and if, so when did you report it and did you report it? Successfully so, no.
Speaker 8: We did not report it because we were not registered at the time of. SALE i think what would be best case scenario moving forward IS i could Get tyler involved or just in touch with OUR, cpa, right because she's going to.
Speaker 7: Be the one that's most familiar with.
Speaker 8: This she's going to be the one THAT i. Consulted, no that would be, Good, yeah and then what that would do?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 8: Right the last THING i want to do is lead a customer high end dry AND i Think tyler would even argue the fact that.
Speaker 1: And we're not getting that, Impression.
Speaker 4: Matt and the reason we're continuing this is not to force you to do, something because we know that you're going to voluntarily do. Something but we just wanted to clarify for our listeners because we opened up a can of. Worms So i'm going to bring up another, Dealer Rod. Greer he's WITH Jfr cars here In. Denver he's on a referral list at referralss dot. Com, rod what do you know about these used evs and tax?
Speaker 3: Credits so you have to be a registered dealer to be able to allow the public to take advantage of that as first and foremost second of, all if the car fits the. Criteria here is four thousand dollars from the federal that the person can take advantage of to buy a US Ev.
Speaker 4: All, right hold, ON i want to come back you you're clearing things, up. ROD i want to come back to this right after this break, on go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content wave.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, yeah ripped off bad news de need Advicel you don't have the.
Speaker 14: Come running just as fast as we can Show shooter's gonna.
Speaker 1: Help come.
Speaker 5: Man this is The Troubleshooter. Show No Tom, Martine.
Speaker 1: Hello welcome to the.
Speaker 4: Show three, three seven one three talk seven one, three eight two five Five The Troubleshooter, show solving, problems answering, questions taking. Complaints let's go right to the phones and figure out what the heck is going. On SO i Have Rod ger with me FROM Jfr. CARS i asked him to weigh in on this situation Where tyler bought A tesla and, uh he thought he was going to get a four thousand dollars tax, credit but when he went to file, it they, said, well we don't have any record of the. Sale now this is all starting to make, sense because the dealer was supposed to register the sale in order for the consumer to get a tax.
Speaker 1: Credit is that, Right Rod?
Speaker 4: Greer you're acting as an independent expert here FROM Jfar?
Speaker 1: Cars is that? Right?
Speaker 3: Rod that that's? Correct and that and in order for you so five days after they have up until five days to register that.
Speaker 4: Vehicle so when.
Speaker 1: You sella USED ev.
Speaker 4: You report the sale for them to be able to get the tax. Credit, right and you in order to report the. Sale in order to report the. SALE i just need to know you can't just report the. Sale you have to be registered in order to report the.
Speaker 7: Sale that's, Correct.
Speaker 1: And is registration a big?
Speaker 4: Deal it.
Speaker 3: Is it's about a thirty to sixty day process to get the dealership. Registered we're actually in that process right. Now so, yes.
Speaker 4: When you get, registered can you go retroactive to report any? Sales, yes you.
Speaker 3: Can up UNTIL i don't know what the time would. Be but so, basically once you become that dealer who's, registered you HAVE i think you have five days to register that, car But i'm not sure how far back you have that would fall in line with the Retro so that's the part of the little. Murky and this is a fairly okay cross got?
Speaker 4: It h got?
Speaker 1: It so if if this guy.
Speaker 4: Had qualified as an individual and the car, qualified the reason it was rejected is because there was no record of the sale anywhere exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, well this.
Speaker 4: All makes, sense it has this makes. Sense So, matt who is the Dealer Victory? Motors, Again, matt were you did your accountant make you aware of this that you had to be registered in order to in order to report the sale to the state for them to get the the.
Speaker 1: Or to report to THE.
Speaker 4: Irs, okay so that's it's sounding more and. More did you find out if. You you are registered, now and that doesn't Do tyler much. GOOD i, Think, tyler you saw this car advertise with a four thousand dollars, rebate And matt And Victory, motors they thought it was going to be available to an.
Speaker 1: Individual they didn't realize that they.
Speaker 4: Had to report that, sale and in order to report, it they had to be. Registered as a, result you may have lost this four thousand dollars tax.
Speaker 1: Credit so that's where it stands right.
Speaker 4: Now, Again i'm not saying anything intentionally was done to deceive, anyone but that's what it's looking. Like AND i think from the records That deputy d looked, at with what we're talking To Rod greer, about it's pretty clear to me that there is no tax credit available unless you bought it from a registered. Dealer. Period it's just not. Available And, MATT i think your accountant is telling you wrong that there's no way That tyler is going to get a tax credit now unless in some way she can work this.
Speaker 1: Retroactively SO i would love to.
Speaker 8: Hell we'll reconvene with OUR, Cpa we'll Get tyler in touch with, him because from What i'm reading on the, internet it is only for the time of. Sales SO i understand WHAT afr is saying as in regards to being a registered. Dealer but from what she has said and from WHAT i have, found And i'm happy to email it. Over but once, this you, know once we're off the, radio what we'll do is we'll have a conversation With. Tyler i'll get him in touch with OUR, cpa and at the end of the, day we'll make sure that the customer's taken care.
Speaker 1: Of Good thank, You.
Speaker 4: Matt, So, matt one thing is clear that the sale must be. Reported SO i don't know where the confusion is because it's pretty clear on the internet in every single source we've, seen in order for a consumer to get a, rebate the sale must be. Reported that's for both new and. Used it takes more than just. That for some, reason it takes more than just the consumer's paperwork to confirm the. Sale and, AGAIN i don't know, Why, Rod, rod do you know why that the consumer can't just show the bill of sale and all of that and suffice.
Speaker 1: It why do they have to have double? Reporting, WELL i.
Speaker 3: Think the every dealership wasn't a part of the, program and that's the federal government's way to make sure everything is done correctly and following the rules that they.
Speaker 7: Allowed us to.
Speaker 3: Have that's the only THING i can think of that makes sense to. Me and they can monitor it from once the process was, done so once the car was, sold they were able to process that immediately and they have five, okay get it, done and that was their way of figuring it. OUT i think.
Speaker 4: Thank You Rod, greer Jfar cars three h three five two zero sixty eight thirty nine are expert in the car, business And, matt we really appreciate, you by the, way From Victory motors staying on the line so long and facing the. Music and, AGAIN, i honest To, god don't think anything was done intentionally to hurt anyone or to deceive. Anyone it's just. Unfortunate these programs are very difficult to.
Speaker 1: Understand.
Speaker 4: Tyler you heard the dealer pledge their support to help you get through this and get the credit you.
Speaker 1: Deserve so one way or, another that'll.
Speaker 4: Happen and What i'd like you to, Do, tyler and it would be fair To Victory, motors is for you to call us back and give us an. Update would you do? That?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tyler thank you for bringing this to. Us thank you for bringing this to our. Attention it's a really good. Topic we appreciate. It mike Uh, WELL i already Took mike and gave him those. Companies unless he has any additional questions on selling his, BUSINESS i don't think he. Should i'm going to go To george right. Now but If mike does have a burning, question let me. Know, george your. Turn what do you need to? Know?
Speaker 1: George what's?
Speaker 19: Happening TOM i live older than Fort, lepton AND i had a fellow come over and pump my suptick and he pumped, it and he told me that the pump was. Bad and he knew a fellow that was a, handyman who was who would do a good job and stand by, it and who was. Reputable and SO i called this fellow and he came. Over he looked at. It he, said it's it's.
Speaker 7: Bad you need a new.
Speaker 19: Pump i'll be back.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow first of, All first of, All, George, GEORGE i need TO i need to interrupt you for a. Reason most septic systems do not have. Pumps they simply have a drain into a. Tank, okay that's. Different you got, it, okay got? It keep going all.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 19: Yeah it's across From Appel farms by the, way the old house there, Anyway so that's. Right he came. Over, yep you know. It he came over and and fix. It and then he the next day and he came in and he, Said i'm going to give you a shock. Statement AND i said, really and he, said, well parts have really gone, up AND i said. Okay so he handed me a bill and IT i don't NEED i GUESS i don't need to give you a number right, Now, Tom but he gave me.
Speaker 4: The, yeah you do need to give me a number right. Now how much was the? BILL i, mean that's the whole crux of the. Matter how much was the?
Speaker 19: Bill seventeen hundred? Dollars and, oh that's not that's not.
Speaker 4: Outrageous that's not outrageous at. ALL i would have expected.
Speaker 19: That, Tom. Tom the parts were three hundred and twenty six. Dollars he charged me nine. Hundred the normal labor rate here is seventy five to one point fifty and he charged me eight hundred dollars for two. HOURS i thought it was. Exorbitant i'm not trying to get any money back from. Him we've already had a meeting and his response WAS i needed the. MONEY i, said why did you charge me so? Much she, SAID i needed the. Money and that's why we were able to know that there are people out.
Speaker 7: There that do.
Speaker 4: This, GEORGE i understand what you're. Saying and, again the in totality seventeen hundred for replacing a pump in a lift station doesn't sound.
Speaker 1: Outrageous, now when you.
Speaker 4: Start pricing the, eggs and you price the oil and the butter to fry the, eggs and then you get charged eight ninety five for a couple of for for two sunnyside up eggs at a, restaurant it sounds outrageous to, Me just like when you price the fabric and you go to buy a. Suit anytime you try to make sense of a, PRICE i like to look at the. Totality you looked at the price of the pump first of, all and then you looked at the, labor which is which is. Legit but here's.
Speaker 1: The DEAL i want to. Know But, George, george he could have charged.
Speaker 4: You anything you. Wanted he could HAVE i, mean.
Speaker 1: It was your it was your it was your place to say how much is this gonna?
Speaker 19: COST i agree with, that and that's What i'm trying to that's my phone Call. Tom i'm not trying to Get okay. Back i've already had a meeting with, him and, uh there's there's a little more to, this BUT i don't want to bore, you.
Speaker 4: Like What, No, no you're not boring. Me you're not boring us at. All what is the rest of the. Story.
Speaker 19: Okay so when we sat, down he was angry that he had to come back. Over he didn't have, to but he came back over and he, said, Well i'm just going to rip everything out and lay it on the ground and you can start. Over AND i, said, well that wouldn't work very well BECAUSE i need a septic. DAMP i need. IT i need to. Function SO i just think you're wrong in what you're. DOING i didn't ask him for any money, back BUT i want people to know that this. Happened and you, know this fellow's business has got a name that's, incredible AND i it's a it's a bit of a joke and it says thank you And god bless on the.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 4: Okay so the moral of the story, is ask how much. Something the moral of the story, is ask how much something's going to cost before you have it.
Speaker 19: DONE i think, so And, Tom i've built a lot of things in this. State i've never had anybody charge me triple what the. Product the the hourly rate was not really a problem with. Me it was, exclin, well where.
Speaker 4: Are you coming up with the hourly? Rate where are you coming up with the hourly? Rate where are you coming up with the hourly?
Speaker 1: Rate?
Speaker 19: Tom you're not listening to, me he.
Speaker 4: Worked where did you come up with the hourly? Rate you're not listening to. Me where did you come up with your hourly?
Speaker 19: Rate these seventy five to one? Fifty if you go, online that's what plumbers charge In Fort. Lufton that's WHERE i got the hourly.
Speaker 4: Rate, Okay so you went online to ask them how much it? Costs, okay, yes, Okay.
Speaker 19: And that's WHERE i got my hourly. Rate but WHAT I i'm saying to you is he charged how much.
Speaker 1: Did they say the hourly rate was In Fort?
Speaker 19: Lupton seventy five to one fifty if you lot, it, okay that's what it.
Speaker 7: Says, yeah, okay but that's.
Speaker 19: Okay you, Know, tom there's. Two there's two edged two pieces of. This one is to charge me almost triple the retail price for, something and then the EXORBITANT i think fee on the other. End and Again i'm not trying to get any money. Back i'm just trying to.
Speaker 1: WIN i never accused you of. That i'm.
Speaker 19: SIMPLE i didn't ask.
Speaker 4: YOU i didn't just so you know.
Speaker 1: ME i WENT i went to a.
Speaker 4: PLUMBERS i went to a guide for, plumbing and it's it's a guide for, heating, plumbing, cooling electric, drains and.
Speaker 1: It is a cost factor.
Speaker 4: Analysis In Fort, Lupton, colorado the cost for replacing a pump in a lift station averages twenty three hundred, dollars encompassing both parts and. Labor, however the standard residential, systems the pump replacement, alone if you don't have, to if you're just buying the, pump is five hundred to thirteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars So i'm looking.
Speaker 4: At a guide here that says average is twenty three hundred, dollars and you were charged seventeen.
Speaker 19: Hundred But, tom if you go, on you can look at other things that say from a, range you picked off the high.
Speaker 4: Range, yeah this range the range THAT i have Here i'm look at. MAN i don't know why you think you looking at the internet is more legit than. ME i am looking at a surveyed site and the range is from eight point fifty to thirty five hundred, dollars with the average being around twenty three.
Speaker 1: Hundred you, know.
Speaker 4: You don't always get to just look at parts and apply some arbitrary labor rate that you say plumber's, charged because if they say, that the price for an average plumber in your area is one hundred and fifty. Dollars so All i'm saying is, This you know there's way more to.
Speaker 1: It. Wait, wait you know what to do an outlet in a.
Speaker 4: House the outlet you can buy for two dollars and fifty, cents and it takes you forty five minutes to change an outlet or. Less if you do the, math it'll never come out to the three hundred and fifty and electrician. Charges but guess, What you're not gonna get an electrician to do less because they're responsible.
Speaker 1: For what they.
Speaker 4: Do i'm not arguing with, you, Man i'd love for everybody in the world to get good. Prices, No i'm not Yelling i'm not yelling at. YOU i am trying to get my point across that. Pricing you're gonna lose if you don't check out pricing before you have something. Done you're gonna lose every. Time if you're expecting price plus materials and excuse, me labor plus. Materials it doesn't happen because there's a such thing in. Business, wait there's a such thing in business called. Overhead and when he said he needed the, money he was probably.
Speaker 1: Correct look at. It i'm not disagreeing with you On.
Speaker 19: Tom let me add. Something you are. Real you know what our discussion.
Speaker 4: You really have no concept of business. Whatsoever you think you, do but you. Don't that's what makes you even more.
Speaker 19: Dangerous here's what he said to me as we sat. DOWN i, said the bill seems exorbitant because.
Speaker 1: You know what that. Means most people know what that.
Speaker 4: Means that means take a frickin, break go with a sure Thing Denver's best, Roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now THREE o three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Re Max alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom, martino youre a. Troubleshooter time and. Materials that's not the way things are. Priced they're. Not people could not stay in business if they paid for time and. Materials let me give you an. Example if a company's running twenty vans and they have insurance and all the stuff it takes to be in, business sure a guy in A volkswagen with a little toolbox could come and do it cheaper every single. Time so my advice is find that guy in A volkswagen with his little single toolbox and have him do. It because if you have a company that has all of the, licensing all of the, insurance all of the, vans all of the, stuff all of the, tracking all of the, taxes everything they do, right you can't do time in. Materials you absolutely, cannot because the time to keep those vans on the road and a person, working they're only about at any one time sixty percent, occupancy meaning that sixty percent of their assets are working toward. Income it's impossible to have one hundred. Percent even when they're. Busy they can't run one hundred percent because jobs take longer than they, think and there's travel.
Speaker 1: Time and there's.
Speaker 4: Downtime so when you consider what they have to make per, hour it's never going to be just the labor. Rate there's something called fixed expenses and.
Speaker 1: Overhead like it or.
Speaker 4: Not when you don't take into consideration overhead of fixed expenses and the cost of sales and what it takes to run a, business then you're being. Unrealistic And i'm telling you, then don't hire those.
Speaker 1: People don't do.
Speaker 4: It go out and Get John smith in a truck with a toolbox who will never see you again if anything goes, wrong and if they burn down your, house there won't be any liability insurance to help. You so here's the. Deal you either face facts and pay what it costs to have a legit company do the, job or. Don't but one thing is incumbent upon. You ask, first do not complain. Later ask. First, Mike.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the, Show. Mike, Yeah now.
Speaker 4: You have a question about, retirement and you want to, know are you The, yeah that's, right that's just. Right So, pat did you do SOME i Have Pat jollif From wave Eight Wealth. Management, pat did you run numbers on that scenario on how to get some income what he would have to put away to have that immediate? Income because, really you, know numbers don't. Lie it is what it.
Speaker 20: IS i, did BUT i had to make some Assumptions tom as.
Speaker 1: Well, okay so let's let's say you what assuming what?
Speaker 20: Assumptions so we'll just start with this AND i can change. It BUT i used a mail or MAYBE i heard you, incorrectly fifty year old. Mail, yeah at fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars twelve to fifteen.
Speaker 20: TWELVE i took the high side living to age, ninety so that's mortality and then. INFLATION i ran at three point seven, percent which is probably a little high given the, averages BUT i like to stress it and then initially positive at a rate of return of nine point five four. Net, yes you need three million and he won't run out of.
Speaker 4: Money he would need three million now, Yep.
Speaker 20: Okay that's one hundred and eighty thousand. Income that's growing the cost of the ice cream cones going up by three point.
Speaker 4: Seven so he took into consideration a really healthy inflation rate and a withdrawal rate of fifteen thousand a. Month but you would have to have that much money going, in and.
Speaker 20: You've got to get a rate of return a nine point five four, percent which is you, know it's not the most conservative portfolio in the world, either it's not the.
Speaker 4: More what do you think an annuity would do on that an immediate?
Speaker 20: ANNUITY i don't think that you'd get rates anywhere near that.
Speaker 4: On an immediate. Annuity it would be less than. That oh, yeah they're much much more conservative and of course less.
Speaker 20: Risky well, plus at that, age you're so much. Younger they've got to extrapolate that over forty. Years, yeah you're just not going to get the.
Speaker 4: Return, So, mike is there a reason you want to retire so?
Speaker 17: EARLY i have another business idea THAT i was going to invest into, also BUT i just wanted to have that put away for comfort and have that money coming in and pursue my other.
Speaker 7: Business.
Speaker 4: Also, well your, business after you sell it and pay any brokerage, fees you're going to have a little less than two. Million, Yeah so if you have any other investments you can put toward, it you can do.
Speaker 20: That AND i didn't calculate any tak into account any side, income anything else that you might be doing in a new er certainly didn't take into account of, course that you might get in the. Future so that's just it straw numbers.
Speaker 4: Exactly and then there's a really general rule on doubling your, money and that one, goes.
Speaker 1: How can we explain?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Simply the rule of seventy two is you're talking.
Speaker 20: About just take the number seventy, two divide it by the rate of return you, expect and the result is the number of years it takes for your investment to double in. Value so if you take seventy two and you expect a ten percent rate of, return divide seventy two by, ten it's going to double in seven point two. Years that's the down and dirty on.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah SO i hope that answers your.
Speaker 4: Question. Mike i'm not saying you can't make some income on that, money but it's probably not going to be enough to retire on the amount of money you. Want BUT i think that you could with another, venture have a pretty good supplement coming in if you if you chop that in have or have seven or eight grand coming, in you could last a long, time have a. Cushion plus have your additional business venture you can fund a little so you, know just mull it around and always you can always call us too for personal financial analyzes of your situation for no, charge no obligation ever of. Course uh and you can contact us three oh three seven seven to one. Help that's A wave eight wealth. Management so we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter show three oh. Threes NOW i didn't take the thirty? Break is that? Right? AM? I over? Again is that the story of my? Life, OKAY i GOTTA i gotta take this break right. Now go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance checkup, free no. Obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hey Tom marchino here THREE o three seven one three eight two five. Five it's been a busy, day a BUSY i Have Pat jollif with me From Hey Wealth. Management i'll bring him up. Now if you have a, call get it in three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five. Five So. Pat the word of the day is tariffs and volatility in the. Market And i've said this just to people. Before if we bought a stock and it's, good it's still. Good. Tariffs some companies are not even affected by. TARIFFS i mean the only real people affected by the the real companies are the ones that import are export.
Speaker 20: Right, Right but that still affects a lot of.
Speaker 1: Companies oh, no it affects a lot of, companies no.
Speaker 4: Doubt but when you have quality and quality in a, company What i've tried to tell, people AND i think you echo, this if you have, quality the quality will not go away and will bounce back, exactly just unless a company is so on the edge it goes out of. Business if you took a flyer on a high risk, stock a new, issue you, know public offering new public offering that could happen where they just can't take, it or something like a, restaurant and THEN covid hits right.
Speaker 20: Right, well but if you have an established blue chip style, company established company that's got good, valuation it was good quality when you bought, it just because something's going on in the broad market that's causing devaluation, there it just creates mistakes and it creates opportunity for people with. Cash AND i say it creates mistakes because that's not fundamental and it does not mean that all of a, sudden the companies that you own because of a broad market devaluation will become a poor investment.
Speaker 4: Overnight the worst thing you can do is lock in those losses with a quick, sale.
Speaker 20: And, REALLY i think the worst thing that you can do is knee jerk. React and that's what creates the, volatility which then creates What buffet refers. To it creates mistakes in the, market and that makes people money that are greedy when others are, fearful and now's the time to do. That you've got great buys buying opportunities you're going.
Speaker 4: On so some of the stuff we do for people are called exchange traded, funds and they are groups of really good quality companies that you buy across those people don't buy and sell willy, Nilly and if you stay in that, fund the really good ones are actually buying right now.
Speaker 20: Right and a lot of those are managed based upon algorithms and so there's not an active manager that's being paid like we have with The metro, fund and so it's based upon market cap of the, company whether it's included in the fund or. Not but to your, point that's a good way that you can get in for not a lot of money and have really good. Diversification you can buy bi, sector you can diversify your portfolio extremely, well sure mitigate that risk and across the, board when you have this kind of evaluation going, on you see good, buys some good share prices for. Everyone so particularly if you have, cash you're in a position of strength right, now.
Speaker 4: Right and if you don't have, cash don't create cash and cement losses and then look to make up the.
Speaker 1: Losses that's where losses are. Cemented we call.
Speaker 4: It they're, done and now you're going to spend years and years sometimes trying to make that. Up whereas if you have your money in a quality, company you can make it up literally in three, hours, Right, right didn't we see?
Speaker 19: That?
Speaker 20: Absolutely my point.
Speaker 1: Talk about that bounce.
Speaker 4: BACK i, mean you don't get a bounce back like that once you cement a, loss then go out and try to make up for the. Loss it can take two or three or four or five.
Speaker 20: Years, yeah and you're going to see a lot of that bounce back come in just a few days through through a period of. Time. Right and it's easier for people to Say i'm too, NERVOUS i want to get out of the market and. Stay they're the harder. Question the impossible question is say when DO i get back in too?
Speaker 7: Late?
Speaker 1: Right Rebounds you've, missed that's.
Speaker 4: Right so they get out when they're, losing and then when things go, up they buy at a high price that.
Speaker 20: It feels worse to lose than it feels good to.
Speaker 4: Win R.
Speaker 20: Right and that affects people emotionally and they make poor decisions with.
Speaker 4: Them, now over the long, run whether you, KNOW i know people like dissing the, Market but over the long, run the market has always made.
Speaker 1: Money now that you've had tremendous periods.
Speaker 4: Of, losses but those losses were for people who panicked and.
Speaker 1: Sold here's the bottom. Line if you.
Speaker 4: Have a quality, portfolio the losses can be made up in a. Day do you understand, that because those same companies bounce back in a. Day if you sell them and go to cash and then try to buy back in and make up, losses you can be out of out of the, money out of the profit picture for five. Years so when people, say, oh it takes years and years to make up for, losses they're correct for those who cemented and sealed those. Losses but if you ride the mark it wave hint hint wave. Eight if you ride the market, wave those quality companies will bounce back. Quickly, now when they bounce, back if you'd like to then look at other, opportunities that's the time to sell and to go to cash when you have not cemented in your. Losses it's very, practical it's very, wise and it's very. Doable, also there are times when PEOPLE i don't know what it, is but they listen to these news reports and Pat i've listened to a lot of news reports that have nothing to do with reality because they're talking about the economy as if it's a picture a, portrait and it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's a moving it's a.
Speaker 4: Video it's happening, constantly so you can't get a snapshot and think you know.
Speaker 20: It, No, No friedman talked about you know very. Well Loned economs, said free market economy is so. Complex it's, breathing it's, living and it's constantly. Moving and there's not a brain on the planet will ever completely comprehend it in one in one.
Speaker 1: DAY i, mean you just can't do.
Speaker 4: It so we have more coming up On The Troubleshooter show THREE o three seven one THREE a two five Five go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance checkup, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two Hi Tom martino, here THREE o three seven to one Three talks seven one, three two five. Five don't Forget Compass Insurance group does a free insurance, checkup and that's really, important especially in your final, life to make sure you're not paying too much for insurance or you're not under.
Speaker 1: Insured that could be. Disastrous some people are even over.
Speaker 4: Insured THREE o three nine nine six nine thousand three out three nine nine six nine. Thousand somebody, Asked, tom why do you call your wealth management company wave? Eight, well in, surfing there's a term for. Patients some surfers, say if you go too soon on the, wave it's a. Disaster if you go too late on the wave the back end of the, wave it's.
Speaker 1: Disastrous so you want to catch the.
Speaker 4: Right, wave and many times it's the seventh or eighth wave in the sequence and they call it. Perfect so we decided to call it wave, eight meaning be patient and catching the right. Wave so it Became wave eight Wealth. Management that was the actual derivation of. That THREE o three seven to one Three talks seven one three eight two five. Five we're toward the end of the, show BUT i wanted TO i wanted to mention that there are some cards right now offering it if you play it, right it's going to be good for. You they offer zero percent for balanced transfers and new purchases for a period of, time and then it reverts to the old twenty seven. Percent don't let that scare. You some of them have an annual. Fee don't let that scare. You if you can get into a credit card with zero percent transfer and new purchases for a thirty to sixty or ninety day grace. Period some have ninety day grace. Periods you can pay an annual fee if it's not more than two hundred, dollars and you can make that work for you by paying down principle to a ridiculous amount instead of making minimum monthly. Payments it would be worth taking out of savings transferring into, zero putting as much as you can. Down. Now make sure though that you either get it paid off during that time or know that you're going to have high interest after. That so if you play it, correctly you might even be able to transfer to another zero, balance and you can actually play that game successfully if you are.
Speaker 1: Vigilant all, right thank you for being.
Speaker 4: Here don't forget threeho Three martino three three six two seven eight four six for, help information and, referrals and save all your problems for.
Speaker 17: Me