Speaker 1: H and did you hear that? Come on, will you? Did I hear what? That whistle? That's the Rinsol white whistle and rustle means us. That's right.
Speaker 2: Rinso gets closed, rinsohite and Rinso presents the Amos and Andy show. From coast to coast. Women are whistling their way through wash day and no wonder. Rinso in the tub or washer makes clothes washing quick and easy, as little as a five minute run per load in your washing machine, and clothes come not just white but Rinso height. You see, ladies, the secret is in Rinso's soapy rich SuDS. They actually get out more dirt and thorough as they are, they're easy on your clothes. Your wash up colors come sparkling renso bright safely, even after dozens of washings. So tomorrow, first thing, get a package of Renso and put those Renso SuDS to work. Next to wash day. You'll whistle while you wash, And now are stars Amous and Andy. The constant failures Andy and the Kingfish have had in their business deals have suddenly brought Andy to the realization that his security for the future is not very bright. The Kingfish is agreeing with this thought as the two of them sit in Andy's office.
Speaker 3: What is I got to look forward to earn my life from now on?
Speaker 4: We'll take your life up to now. You can look in either direction. You won't see much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I's worried my life has been a failure. I gets older. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree with you. Yeah, what you need is security.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's even better than work, ain't it.
Speaker 4: Didn't you have an insurance policy once that you paid so much on once a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the day I took it out, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't pay the premium, and then the next year it lapsed up on me and it's been relapsing on me every year since then.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't count too much on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I has worried, though, Kingfish the future. You know, I'm gonna give this some thought.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm going in the back room and really think this thing out. This is serious and I'm gonna do some serious thinking. And by the way, don't wake me up neither. I'll see you later. Ka Ugh boy was right.
Speaker 4: He ain't got half the future that I got. I ain't got nothing. Let me get my few something on the desk. Here, close my eyes and do some thinking to myself. Uh, yours, ma'am, was something you want?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, but I wonder if you could tell me where the Harlem Orphanage is. I had the address but lost it, but it's somewhere here in this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Uh, the Harlem Orphanage. Let me see your Where is that now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sit down, madam? Uh uh look in the phone book. Care for her. Let me get to the ages here. I know that Harlem, that orphanage might throw them at all. Let me see you.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh that was the orphanage where they got the babies. Huh.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm gonna talk to him about adopting the boy.
Speaker 4: You see, all my life I've wanted a son.
Speaker 1: Well, uh sure, nice thing to hell. All right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see a few years after I was married, my my husband passed away. Ever since then, I've been sort of a lonely woman. Say, if we'd have had a son, he'd.
Speaker 1: Be close to Now.
Speaker 5: You're old enough to take care of my big house and all the money, and most important, to bring some happiness into the life of his mother.
Speaker 4: Uh wait a minute, you say you've got a big hose and a lot.
Speaker 1: Of money and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I have, uh, Madams, something just doesn't click me in the mind here, you know, the ideas come in my head. Yeah, get in my head and going up to my bread. I think you've got a good idea. But I think you're going to the wrong player.
Speaker 5: Oh do you think I ought to go to some other office.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, not for a forty year old son. Oh, they don't keep him at the off and it's that long.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean that.
Speaker 4: You are the doctor's son, as old as your son would be. Now see what I mean?
Speaker 5: Oh, I see, Well that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And now just so happens that I got just the son for you to eat. Doc forty years old.
Speaker 4: The perfect type for looking after your big hose and all your money, and the more responsibilities he gets by, the less.
Speaker 1: He worried, and he look after here.
Speaker 4: He's sweet, affectionate, and you can look at him and tell that if he had a mama, he'd love us.
Speaker 5: Oh, it'd be a great comfort to me just to hear the patter of little feet around the house.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: The only thing is, though, madam, little feet don't come on the forty year old model who there's one good thing about having a son with a size feet this fellow's got because when he pat us, he really gonna make some noise down there.
Speaker 5: Adopting a son the same age as mind would have been. You know that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: When can I meet this fella?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll go wake him up. I mean, I go see him now and put the proposition up to him. Tell him about taking care of your house and your money and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, here's my card with my name an address, and yes, so you think he likes.
Speaker 4: The ideas, leave it to me. I'll deliver the new arrival right to your door.
Speaker 1: Oh this sounds wonderful.
Speaker 4: You know, madam, I've done a lot of things in my life, but this is the first time I'd never been a.
Speaker 3: Stalk bud kingfish. I tell you you is out of your head as old as I is. I don't need no mama. What you're talking about me getting adopted?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this woman is serious and and you needs a mama after all.
Speaker 1: Who loves a fellow.
Speaker 4: When he's Richard Pole, his mama who comforts him when things go bad? His mama And in this fast moving world today, who wants him even when he's all tired and broke down?
Speaker 1: You mean his draft board?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And I ain't fooling about this thing. Now look here, look at it this way. When you gets up in the morning hungry for breakfast, don't you ever get the longing for a mess of corn fitters the way only mama can make them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I show it's crazy about corn fitters.
Speaker 4: Then why don't you let yourself get the adopted the king face?
Speaker 3: Ain't that going the long way around for corn for this brother?
Speaker 4: And look here, I gonna stop beating down the bush here and come right over with it. Now look here, open your ears up and listen. Yeah, I'm listening now. When you left me in the front office, an old lady by the name of Messrs Buddella Foster dropped in the office.
Speaker 1: I asked how to find a place here in town.
Speaker 4: Now, she told me that she wanted to adopt the son. Now you see, if she had ahead a son before a husband died, the son would have been exactly your ege. Well Cavish, I'd donetold you before. I ain't being adopted by nobody.
Speaker 3: But the woman is loosing and she needs her son, or don't make me a laugh. I ain't getting myself a new mama and that ends her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you got a big there was a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It's a deal.
Speaker 4: Now, brother Andrey, Now that sounds great. Now, look here, I knowed you'd feel sorry for this pole lady. Now, the next thing we got to do is to make the thing legal so there won't be no slip up when we start splitting the allowance that she gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how we're gonna make it legal.
Speaker 4: Let's go over and see Gabby Gibson. Get him to draw up the regular adoption papers with no loopholes in it, so your new mama can't wiggle out it. The deal later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right now, put on your hat and shoes.
Speaker 3: We all you know, Kingfish, I was just thinking shows seemed funny being somebody's son at my age. I can see the announcement now, missus Bardella Foster wishes the A announce the a arrival of her son Andrew two hundred and twenty pounds one ounce.
Speaker 4: Well, Gabby, you understand now what it wants, don't your paper's draw it up showing that missus Bidella Foster is legally adopting Andrew Hogg Brown as her only son in air.
Speaker 6: All right, boys, I dropped the paper's drama. But I tell you one thing. Getting an old lady to adopt, you just certainly spend the money. Spend the money. It's more than just an adoption, much more. Yes, indeed, it's grand lost in.
Speaker 1: The grand lost man. How you figure that?
Speaker 6: Well, getting adopted just for the old ladies' money is lost me and you certainly going to have a grand time with that money.
Speaker 1: That's grand lost five he had it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, now look, yeah, we don't want no legal opinion from here. All we wants is them adoption papers by tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Now I've done already phoned missus Foster and.
Speaker 4: I was introducing Andy to her in an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if she likes me, he wants to get her tied up legal at our next meeting tomorrow.
Speaker 6: All right, I dropped the papers, indeed, our drama. Now the first thing got to get all the facts, all the facts. Let me see your bastipate, let me see it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure to him. Birth certificate, the birth certificate. Oh listen, I done. Lost that a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Lost it.
Speaker 6: Oh that's bad, off of bad. Without the birth certificate, how's we gonna prove that you was born?
Speaker 3: Well, look, Gabby, I must have been born. I was hearing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, she was here, all right, Yes, indeed you was here.
Speaker 3: But that is purely circumstantial evidence.
Speaker 4: Now, now look, Gabby, all we want you to do is to get the regular adoption form and Philadelia in the right places.
Speaker 6: Boys, I got the regular adoption farm Philadelphia. I had fight this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Oh great, well, Gabby, this is a wonderful thing and to getting adopted.
Speaker 6: So the landy Brown, little baby Brown is being adopted. Come in, I'm into with you, and come here just a minute. I crazed about new babies. Yeah, well what you want, baby Brown?
Speaker 1: Hold up your chin, will you? Dad is Orlando moves Forster is coming here to meet you now.
Speaker 4: And the one thing you must remember, and that is to be bashful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and be shy too. Yeah, okay, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: And now this is gonna be a great thing for you.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, I can almost taste them corn fritters.
Speaker 4: Now wait a minute. And there's more to having a mama than just playing corn fritters. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's a I forgot all about the maples rup and the butter.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that ain't what I'm mean.
Speaker 4: What I was getting at is this missus Foster. He never had a son before. You know, she gonna want a mother, She gonna want to treat you like a brand new son.
Speaker 3: Well, I ain't got to sit in her lap and drink milk out of a bottle with one of them rubber stoppers on.
Speaker 4: It is I no, no, and you see wait, wait a minute, here she come. Now, come here, missus Foster, come right in, got your new son right here for you to meet you. I said, here you this.
Speaker 1: Is Andy Well, well, and so this is Andy hell? No, well, hell you're.
Speaker 4: Missus Foster, healthy looking, strong. I guarantee you that he ain't one of them big fronts where he looks good now and then he gonna fool up on your ear from now, you know, or this boy really gonna give you service.
Speaker 5: Yes, he certainly is big and healthy looking.
Speaker 4: Ooh yes, ma'am fine special when o sonhood h and opened your mouth and show your teeth. See there ain't a filling in there looking there with you.
Speaker 3: Listen, Kingfisher is talking about me like I was a horse.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and this is just that missus Foster, I ain't never had a son. And now that she's getting one, why we wants her to be shorter?
Speaker 1: She's getting a good one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Well I didn't look at it that.
Speaker 5: Way real, and I'm certainly satisfied with you physically. Now tell me about your.
Speaker 3: Habits, my habits? Uh yeah, well my uh mirs Foster.
Speaker 4: The boy ain't got no habits now, no, not a single habit.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: He's one of the cleanest samples of manhood and all harlem. He don't stay up late, he don't go out with gals, he don't shoot pool. He even resists the great temptation of smoking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he don't smoke, Well is he? Why does he have that cigar in his mouth?
Speaker 1: Uh? Cigar?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't see that. Uh Well, now you notice that he ain't lift, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yes, well there he is.
Speaker 4: Now what he do is put temptation right under his nose, and then he got the curge.
Speaker 1: He ignore it, that's what.
Speaker 3: He Yeah, and I's out of mattress, besire.
Speaker 4: Well, now what are you saying falter, Uh, what do you think of the boy here there?
Speaker 5: I think he's the one.
Speaker 1: In fact, I know he is.
Speaker 4: Oh fine, Now, as soon as you signed adoption papers tomorrow morning, that our lawyer is growing up, the whole thing will be legal. Well, Andy, you certainly have been quiet. Ain't you got something to say to your new mama?
Speaker 5: Yes, Andy, say something to your new mother.
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, mom, how about a corn further?
Speaker 2: Well, it looks like Andy will have to change his ways if he expects to get along with his new mama. We'll hear more about his adoption in just a moment. Meanwhile, friends, you know how it is with big families. There's something going on every minute.
Speaker 1: First there, and.
Speaker 6: Watch baby dear, she's getting oatmeal all over the front of her dress.
Speaker 1: And maybe a little later, Johnny, were you playing in the coal bin again?
Speaker 2: Yes, something's always going on, and that something has a way of adding to the family.
Speaker 6: Wah, I'll say.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing for me. I know about Renso.
Speaker 6: You can bet it saves me plenty of elbow grease.
Speaker 2: Sure, Renso, Sophie rich SuDS make wash day lots easier as little as a ten minute soaking a few quick finger rubs on stubborn places, and clothes are ready to rinse. You see those peppy rinso SuDS get out more dirt. So without heart rubbing or scrubbing, every piece in your wash comes rins so white and rinso bright.
Speaker 6: The boy's overalls and the girl's colored school clothes come fresh and bright as can be.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rinso safe for washable colors.
Speaker 1: And you should see my white wash. Pillow slips, sheets, shirts, everything comes. I know that's it rinso white.
Speaker 2: That is why don't you get rinso tomorrow? And now back to amoson Andy. Well, it's the morning of the following day, the morning that the Kingfish and Andy are to bring to missus Foster the adoption papers which will legally make Andy her son. At the moment we find the Kingfish telling Amos and Andy about it, well, they.
Speaker 4: All has done done a lot of things together. But this is certain different than anything you've done done before.
Speaker 3: Well, this is security for the future.
Speaker 1: I as all set.
Speaker 4: Now, And about these adoption papers I has done got from Gabbatt. It seems that he couldn't get no regular adoption papers. All he could find was automobile bill of.
Speaker 3: Sale automobile bill of sale?
Speaker 4: Yeh, well, how can you use that for adoption paper? Well me and gabtt and cheers the word round. So the thing really looked legal. Now read it to you and you see for yourself. If you hadn't told, if Idon told you that this was automobile bill of sale, you would think it was regular adoption paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, go ahead and read it. Yeah, I want to hear this myself.
Speaker 4: Well to see here, this is the certiflyer that missus Vedella Foster has this day purchased and adopted the vehicle knowed as the Deluxe nineteen o five Andrew HOWG Brown say her body type normal. Furthermore, it is wanted that said Andrew Hawk Brown is mechanically perfect, and all parts is guaranteed for sixty days.
Speaker 1: The dealer, George Kingsey Stevens.
Speaker 4: Agrees to repair in the part that breaks down, except what is the result.
Speaker 1: Of ordinary way and tear?
Speaker 4: Now there you well now, and here tisday. And here's the place where she signed, and here's the places where you signed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well wait a minute, Kingfish, According to this I are supposed to be automobile. You ain't never hear no buick sign his own bill of sail as you.
Speaker 4: Well, fellas, this is really something, Yes, Andy getting herself adopted by a rich old lady.
Speaker 1: You know, I never thought it would come to that. Well, I see you, fellas later.
Speaker 3: Well you better be good to be, amos or I won't let you come over and play with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck to you, fella so long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't pay no attention to Amosander. We're gonna make that old lady very happy. I gonna call up now and tell her that we are coming over with adoption papers. Hand me the foreigner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see. And as soon as we get her to sign the adoption papers, we can ask her for your first week's allowance. And then after that we get that you see, then sit down with the money. Then we start hold it. Hello, Hello, miss Foster. Uh, this is mister Stevens.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: How is the little mother today? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well that's fine, because we got the adoption papers all drawed up to bring over. And how was that? Hmm mmm? Oh oh, I hold of for in a second. Uh? And is you got any kin folks here in town?
Speaker 1: No? I ain't got no kin folks up here.
Speaker 4: Why Miss Foster wants to be sure that if she adopts her, nobody gonna be able to take you away, So she wants some relation of yours, the author rise your adoption in Pusson, she said, we don't do that, the dealers all but I ain't.
Speaker 1: Got no relations, author has nothing, man. Huh uh hold on, miss Foster.
Speaker 4: Uh, there's missus Stevens the stalk again. It just so happens that Andre's got a relation.
Speaker 1: In town or uncle, but I ain't got no uncle.
Speaker 4: Yes, Miss Forwser, we'll bring him right over to authorize adoption.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am, all righty, goodbye, listen, King's face. I just got through telling you I ain't got no kin. Folks, how can you tell her that we is bringing over my uncle.
Speaker 4: Because I was gonna find somebody that is willing to be your uncle, and I got just a fella in mine.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: Now, before not showing missus Forster's door here, let's go over it once more. You will are supposed to be and his uncle, and you as authorizing the adoption.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're sure you got that straight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know you're just about to do it. I was and his uncle, shorty and I was okay and the adoption.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's it, Shorter. Now you ain't nervous, did you me nervous?
Speaker 7: I'm as calm as I'm.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just as pool as a cute as a cut. My name is is just a steady is?
Speaker 6: I ain't I ain't can leave me?
Speaker 1: What's my name again?
Speaker 4: Now? Now look at your shorty, get ahold of yourself. Now I'm knocking on the door right now. Now look here now before miss Foster opened the door, short there's one more thing I just thought of to make a good imprint on her. Don't tell her that you was a barber. Tell her that you was a big businessman. Hold of hold of king Fish. I here's her coming.
Speaker 5: Hell, hello, mister Steven Andy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you man, thank you man, missus Foster. This is a relative of Anders here, Shorty Brown. Uh, he's here to authorize adoption like you wanted.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fine, Well, mister Brown, before we go ahead, would you mind telling me just what your relationship to Andy is?
Speaker 1: Uh? My my my relationship Andy.
Speaker 7: Well, you see Andy and his sister was my wife's uncle, I mean, her father's mother was my brother.
Speaker 1: Here here here his mother's father was my daughter's. I give ma allers haircuts. Uh now, now do you don't mind shorty, missus Foster. He is the excitable type. What he's trying to say is that he is and his uncle. Yeah, that's right. His father was my sister. I mean, ain't that right, Uncle Shorty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's how it was, Either that or his father was my sisters.
Speaker 1: Don't you know?
Speaker 7: Well, you understand how it is when when you got a nephew that you're fond of, you don't go checking up on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the short is certainly fun in and that's why it's so glad and it's getting such a nice mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uncle Shorty is certainly as happy about it.
Speaker 4: All right, And now shortly, let's get on this thing.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: Here's the authorization all drawn up. Now, just signing there and the prison was falser. Here here's a pen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we can't see m there you will.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the authorizations, falsa.
Speaker 1: Do that meet with your approval?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: And he's really my son and I'm his mama.
Speaker 5: This beautiful big house is now his home.
Speaker 4: Do you like it?
Speaker 5: Uncle Sharley?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think this house is so beautiful?
Speaker 7: Ain't you going to have a better place to did this ain't the cities?
Speaker 1: I thought it was this. This place ain't good enough? Ain't good enough for Can I move into? Well?
Speaker 4: And you've been living in this big, beautiful house now for three days, and I figured it was time to drop by and see how you're doing.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Is she giving you a lounge ship?
Speaker 3: Listen? King Fish? So far all the money Mama give me was a nickel yesterday for a popsicle.
Speaker 4: A nickel for a popsicle. Boy, she really treating me like a baby.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and not only that, but tomorrow I'm getting vaccinated for hoop and call.
Speaker 1: What I was interested in is how is this adoption?
Speaker 4: Is it gonna pay off? I've been spending all my.
Speaker 3: Time on this thing with you, and I was brute, well so was I, But I don't think it's gonna pay off, Kingfish.
Speaker 1: She got a big house, all right, but she ain't got no help in the house.
Speaker 3: I begin to think the reason she adopted me was to get all the housework done for nothing.
Speaker 1: I had wore out, you know it? Oh, no servants around?
Speaker 4: Uh? She really working it too? Huh and how Yeah, that dude sounds like she broke a right. But wait a Minueana, look at no use flying off the handle too quick here, we got too much invested. Maybe she just can't get servants.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't think that. I'm beginning to think that she ain't got no money. Yeah, that must be her.
Speaker 4: She certainly don't look like the kind of person they always say that she got money when she ain't.
Speaker 1: Door and besides that she.
Speaker 5: Didn't do what Mama told you. It's still on the table.
Speaker 3: Yes, mama, excuse me, kingfish, I gotta go drink my milk.
Speaker 1: Coming. Mama just been talking to her friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where is that with you?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just me and Missus Foster to talk.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: That's the job of atlandro answers. And if it's anything important.
Speaker 3: I'll be in the parlor, Mama.
Speaker 1: I'll open the door.
Speaker 4: I'll go with you.
Speaker 1: Of what do we do for you?
Speaker 3: Mister, I'm mister Barstow from the Harlem Mortgage Company. Would you tell Missus Foster I'd like to see her.
Speaker 1: The Halem mortgage coming?
Speaker 4: Huh? Or what do you want to see about?
Speaker 1: Most a past due mortgage she's expecting me. Yeah, well, in that case, go right in.
Speaker 3: She's in the parlor. There's a king fish. Did you hear what he's saying, Harlem mortgage company. Yeah, past due mortgage, And you was right. She ain't got no money, or she would have a pass due mortgage on this house.
Speaker 1: Adopting you was just a.
Speaker 4: Trick to get you to support her for the rest of her life and pay off the mortgage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, kingfish, I'm leaving mama note saying that her son, Andrew h Bounder is going back to being an orphan.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's been a week now since you walked out on your adopted mother, and you certainly ain't come around here to bother you then.
Speaker 1: Or no, she knowed that we was wise to her. All right, Eh, we're back where we was too broke.
Speaker 4: Show is Yeah, but that's better than having to pay for that past due mortgage of hers with the Hallow mortgage coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The nerve of that old lady thinking she was gonna rope me in. Wait a minute, they come lightning, What do you want?
Speaker 1: Likening? Movie?
Speaker 4: Was just asked me to sure you're just singing in the day is newspaper he'll be here in a second. Oh yeah, what is it, Kape, Well, listen to this. Missus Buddella Forster, prominent halland widow, adopted James Fulton yesterday as her son. Missus Foster said that she had originally tried out another man as her son, but he failed to work out. However, James Fulton proved to be just the sort of son she was looking for, and after adopting him yesterday, gave him an adoption present of twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But well, that is crazy. How could she do that? She can't even pay off the past due mortgage on her house.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute's tent to say here. Missus Foster is the widow of the former president of the Hall of Mortgage Coming in which she still.
Speaker 1: Holds the controlling interest.
Speaker 3: Harm me that past How you like that? That past due mortgage? It wasn't on her house, She held it on somebody else's house.
Speaker 4: Brother, Andre, we is just done lost twenty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, well fellas, did you read it in the newspaper? Yeah, Amas had done made me sick. I can hardly believe it.
Speaker 4: Emma, there was a rich.
Speaker 1: Woman that one of the adopt the boy, and I didn't go through with it.
Speaker 4: You know, Ander had success, future security, everything right in the palm of his hand there, and we muffed it. There was a rich woman that wanted a boy.
Speaker 3: Oh me, if ever I get a hold of somebody else said was a boy, I'm really gonna stick with it and never walk out on her.
Speaker 1: Do you really mean that, ding Oh, I give you my.
Speaker 4: Word on well now, if you mean that, I happen to know somebody right now that wants a boy very badly, no fool.
Speaker 1: Will you go through with it this time?
Speaker 3: And I promise you, Amos, I will shake hands.
Speaker 1: Great, it's a deal. Come on, let's go right. Who is it?
Speaker 4: It's the grocery store down the street that's got a sign out saying boy wanted.
Speaker 2: Amos and Andy will be back at just a moment. Ladies, your stickiest, grasiest skillets, your stubbornest pots and fans get shiny bright in half the usual time if you'd first give them a short soak and rinsols, soapy rich SuDS, use rinsole for all your soap and water jobs, and of course for clothes washing.
Speaker 1: You'll whistle while you wash Winsol, Happy Little wash Day song, Winsole.
Speaker 4: Every sing it all day long.
Speaker 3: You close this away and the color though braid you sing as you work along. Prince Happy little Wiseday.
Speaker 2: So be sure to be with us again next Friday evening at the same time when the makers of Rinso will again present the Emson Andy Show. This program is broadcast to our armed forces everywhere. This is Hollow Wilcox saying goodn to all of you, from all of us, and reminding you that ten thousand registered nurses are urgently needed by the United States Army from every theater of the war. Wounded our being sent home to Army hospitals in the United States. These men need the best of care. So if you're a registered nurse, this is your opportunity to serve with the United States Army. On acceptance by the Army Nurse Corps, you'll become a second lieutenant with full privileges, benefits, and pay, including an allowance for two hundred and fifty dollars for uniforms. If you're a registered nurse, right immediately to the Surgeon General US Army, Washington twenty five DC, or call at your local Red Cross chapter tomorrow say, try Life Boy in your next Tuver shower. You'll go for that swell Life Boy ladder. It's mild, efficient and refreshing. But Life Boys more than a great bath soap. It's the soap that's made especially to give all over lasting protection against v O. Don't take chances. Use Life Boy. It's the only soap that's especially made to stop be