Speaker 1: Streaming live. I mean iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Robera and Jay Gonzalez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve, He's Jay, and now we have Henry with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball Breaking News on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Team USA men's basketball defeated South Sudan one oh three to eighty six in their second game, and bam Adebayo led the way with eighteen points.
Speaker 4: I watched a bunch of that game at lunch, and I think I think US was a twenty nine and a half point favorite. I thought about taking it. I didn't. You just didn't ever feel like they were in total control of that game, you know, at least in terms of in terms of how in control you should be if you're a thirty point favorite.
Speaker 2: So so I don't think they've been in control of any of those games they played, like major, major control of those times.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think they've covered it well.
Speaker 4: And maybe that's a good thing, right They're they're keeping their attention.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, or maybe not or maybe not? Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I haven't paid attention.
Speaker 4: Uh Sasu Dan was they were pesky, right, We talked about how they they just they just had hands everywhere, right. Yeah, And and uh.
Speaker 2: I guess Louell dang is the sponsor of that team. Is that's why? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Henry, he's like paid for all their equipment and all like the facilities.
Speaker 4: They play in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So And the only reason I knew that because I guess Gilbert A. Reenas kind of got on him and then kind of went back back tracked. It was a it was a pesky game. Uh, that's what you have to do to Arizona. Arizona US say, you have to annoy them. Right, Clearly they were annoying the hell out of them. Yeah, and uh, they were in it, you know.
Speaker 4: And and I think I think they got up like nineteen or twenty, and I'm like, Okay, they're gonna pull away, and they never did. And then all of a sudden, I look up and they're up twelve. I'm like, if they get it under ten, who knows what happened?
Speaker 2: I misspoke about the Ore's other thing with you team, you say, but if you're a coach, and you play Arisuona. What do you do you have to make it look ugly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hold the ball.
Speaker 2: You play a zone. You don't let them do what they do. Run hello Clemson.
Speaker 4: Yeah. On the other hand, I'm gonna I may throw all kinds of money on the women's team because they're really good and they're just better than everybody else by a lot.
Speaker 3: Us women's soccer defeated Australia two to one to advance to the quarterfinals, where they will play Japan.
Speaker 4: Now, now they're supposed to win it, right, their favorite to win it. Yes, okay, so they better then they better go beat Japan. Yeah, no, you know, good, good for them. What's the score? Second?
Speaker 2: Two to one?
Speaker 4: Two one? Okay.
Speaker 3: And in the same tournament, Canada has made the quarterfinals in women's soccer despite losing six points in the tournament because of a drone spine.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: That comes from the you're looking at us practice. We've gotta figure out that makes no sense to me. We talked about this with Mike Stoop Shimmers. They thought somebody on Sixth Street was filming. Let's just play my guys against you guys.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: They know what we're doing. We're gonna kick your ass. We're dressed better, but you can't do that. Steve, you know, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: But still, doctor Jim Harbaugh over in Michigan, is that one of your when you're breaking these things. Because supposedly the notice of allegations, the letter of now notice whatever in l A, the notice of allegations were supposedly coming out on on Notre Dame. They're expecting some level I mean, Michigan are expecting some level one violations against them. They're expecting some level one violations against Connor or whatever his name is, the guy who was doing the spine Connor stallions. And then there's then there's a couple of other things. Think about this, Okay, there's a softball player making a million dollars a year. Well, they're suppose going to allege that a football assistant gave a ride do an athlete somewhere, and another football assistant bought a meal and gave a ride doing that. So they're still gonna punish him for that.
Speaker 2: You got a misdemeanor. But the murder over there is okay, we'll.
Speaker 4: Give you twenty years for the I don't know what to say to that. You know, you go, you go. I get it. At the time, that was the rule and they broke the rule. But don't you look a little silly? You know. Yes, it's like it's like it's like it's like Walmart saying, okay, everybody, come in and take whatever you want and it doesn't cost you anything. But you whose shop lifted yesterday, we're gonna arrescue.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to rescind a speeding ticket that when I was scoring seventy seven. I'm joking, of course, but you know what I'm saying, back in the day, when you win, can you fix this ticket? It's okay now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: US women lost to Azerbaijan and three v three basketball and fall to H and two and pool play despite being the favorite.
Speaker 2: Wow, DUTs and women right play and let me they're out right yeah, and the men are was all one.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, the man got beat. I didn't see him yesterday, yeah, two days ago, yesterday, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: Delaney Schnell and Oh Jessica Parado finished sixth and synchronized diving, falling short of matching or surpassing their civil silver Metal performances.
Speaker 4: Day off to a bad start there. They were last place after their first die. Oh I didn't see it. I just I followed. Ryan Peterson stayed up and watched it and was tweeting a thread.
Speaker 2: No he the dude's inn uber drivers work had been here. Don't sleep. So that happened.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, two o'clock this morning, this morning. So she's going no, now she's got a she's in the individual ten meters.
Speaker 2: She's like our kid, What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I know, I'm I'm upset. I'm not gonna lie before even when I woke up, before I even got up and went to the bathroom, looked, I was looking on Twitter to see how she did.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they got They got off to a bad start. They were last place after the first dive, got a couple of good dives in but just could never could never catch up.
Speaker 3: Justin overall Metal update, US leads with thirty medals, but only five of them being gold. France and second with twenty six, and China third with nineteen.
Speaker 4: Who's got the most goals?
Speaker 2: I think it was France the most golds. Thought it was I saw it. It was in China.
Speaker 3: Well you saw it China's nine franch So I went.
Speaker 2: To with my guys yesterday after work after here and then we talked about, Oh, who's you on the show? I said, we have trying Bush Farmer, US Olympic Swimming coach show. Did you talk about the China controversy? And I'm taking China controversy? Have you seen this where I guess the New York Times did a study or a big story expose a on the Chinese failing drug tests in twenty twenty one, twenty two, and now they're looking into it. I think they're looking into it and they're exposing all this drug cheating, right, but the the USOC doesn't want them to because because they just don't want them to. And they said, well, if this comes out, we may take away the Utah Olympics. Oh yeah, So they don't want to talk about it, don't even want to deal with it. He sent me a story about it and I saw it's on You couldn't find on ESPN, but if you searched it on AP that was the story. It was like from two or three years ago. And they don't want anything to be involved with these Olympics crazy because this right, that's exactly it didn't Back in the day. All the executives were the main people taking the bribes and taking the blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I mean, they didn't let the Russians in the Olympics because because of all that stuff. Yeah, of all that stuff. Did you have any other Olympics stuff?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I have one more thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh wait, let me, let me. I got an Olympic women's volleyball, the indoor volleyball. They they won in five sets, but they won the first two they were playing. I'm gonna say Lithuania, one of the aneas who.
Speaker 2: Said that correctly.
Speaker 4: See see if you find out who they played. Went up to nothing. We're kicking their asses, and then all of a sudden it all went south and and so then they then they lose to and then they go to the the you know, the last set, it's always it's up to fifteen. They went extra I think it was seventeen fifteen was the final or eighteen sixteen or something like that. So they scrapped and had to hang on to win that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and then the chase is still playing right one and one, he's.
Speaker 4: One he's one one. I would imagine he's got one coming up, maybe tonight, Yeah, probably, Yeah, I just had.
Speaker 3: The White Sox are currently on a seventeen game losing street twenty seven and eighty four, on pace for one of the worst seasons in MLB history.
Speaker 4: No, on pace for the worst season.
Speaker 3: And I saw in history early nineteen.
Speaker 4: Because they're what what did they what the sixty two Mets won?
Speaker 3: It said forty and forty and one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, two, Oh my god. Yeah, they're they're in the end. They traded away out there a bunch of their guys, right, didn't didn't they?
Speaker 2: Who's the manager? But he doesn't want to them.
Speaker 4: But they have never even heard of never even heard.
Speaker 2: They were bad at the beginning. I guess they wont some games and all of a sudden they've gone.
Speaker 4: So yeah, man, that's that they're. Yeah, they're historically bad, historically bad. So when look, you and I grew up, right, when they say sixty two Mets, you think bad, very bad, very bad. And they're saying these guys may be worse, which would be which would be nuts if they're worse. Ye all right, man, okay, so you know, are you watching much of the Olympics, Steve.
Speaker 2: I saw some last night, the women's gymnastics, of course, and then I guess there's always shade. There's always shade on something. I don't know what the hell shade means, shade by some of the wiles ripping into a former teammate and we were not lazy yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there was a former teammates said that they were lazy and stuff and she said, okay, is this late?
Speaker 2: I saw that, but you can't say it until guess what exactly exactly?
Speaker 4: Hey have you? There's been some funny stuff. So they've had some funny stuff with Snoop Dogg in the air Zona Bowl. He's getting some run out of this. But Snoop Dogg, there's all these they're they're they're they're putting clips of various sports and Snoop Dogg doing commentary on Have you seen those? I saw the Okay, there's a badminton one. Then there was an equestrian one, which is funny as hell. Those are really funny. Is he doing those live? Or is that something that they're just putting out. He's there, I know he's there. I don't know, but I'm asking is he doing that commentary live on one of the channels, or are they just doing it and then posting on social media because it's funny as hell. Look, I'm not never been a big Snoop Dogg fan, only because I don't I don't like rap. He's certainly changed his his image and persona. He's funny, he's entertaining. It was a really funny thing. I saw a thing that said, would you ever imagined that we're here in twenty twenty four and the two most wholesome guys out on social media right now are Snoop Dogg and Flavor. Flavor change. The times have change, but he's been entertained, you know, and those things are coming up now and I'm hoping they do some more. But the Badmint one was hilarious. I saw that, Yo, look at you know, go there, go there, Go there, go there. Yeah, that was And then he did he did in the question where I think it's fassage where the horse is actually kind of kind of dancing right, and he was and he was doing some commentary to that. It was pretty dark.
Speaker 2: Find well, they have him, and they have Colin Jokest. I guess he's doing surfing all his comedians. I guess Kelly Clarkson is doing some something. So NBC is losing we see talent is losing job jobs to the.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I just got another note from Nick. They're still trying to he's on the phone with the engineers. They're still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we need two minutes here.
Speaker 4: We need him in about five minutes.
Speaker 2: Two minutes here and then wait for.
Speaker 4: For hopefully we'll get hunch. All right, now, let's not take her. But I'm having fun, you know. And there's so many channels now to watch. You can watch anything you want because you get up in the morning. There's some on NBC, there's some on USA, there's someone on the E Channel, the Entertainment Channel, or you can go to Peacock and you can see a whole bunch of stuff in there. And if something you want to see and it's going on, you can you can watch it. And I think it's pretty cool. It's been fun.
Speaker 2: The time difference, what is the actual.
Speaker 4: Eight hours or eight hours ahead of us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it was in Australia. Is it anti climatic when they show it like tonight and it's all used.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, you know, like for instance, I didn't get to I didn't get to watch much of the women's gymnastics. I saw a little bit of it. That was yesterday, right, Yeah, so I watched a little bit of it yesterday. But I wanted to see some more of it, so I watched it. You know, I watched some of it last night. So even though you know what happened, you're still you're still interested in seeing what it looked like. So I do that. I do that sometimes, and it depends on sport. But you know, I was watching the Dodgers lose another crap game last night. Blew another blew another huge lead. They're driving me crazy.
Speaker 2: Steve to Dodgers, Well, Baltimore too. It's it's weird how they we're doing well now because we're pitching.
Speaker 4: Baltimore's pitching to Dodger's pitching is horrible. They blew another five to nothing lead. There are five to nothing in the first and they couldn't hang on and lost it in a ten innings. So all right, now we're at the break, So let's gohe and take our break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna hope the phones are back If they are, we'll have t Troy Hutchinson come on, and if not, we'll see if we can get them in the last segment, so I'll stick around.
Speaker 6: The Windows Depot is more than a Windows store. The Windows Depot is a one soft warehouse with everything you need for your complete Homer model. Shot the aisles of pre built cabinets in a variety of colors, granite and courts, countertops, sinks, skylights and hardware. To complete your project, need a custom order, we can help. Our designers offer free design services and can special order everything you need for your kitchen our back and remodeled today. Shot the Window Deepot dot com or find a location near you. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil and sand. For residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 8: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona House the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 7: Did you know sports cards at Memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two, tops Mickey Mantle sold for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie so for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on E Speedway. That's show time cards At.
Speaker 9: Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit volteteam dot com that's volpe team dot com or call five two O six five six two six today in MLS three or eight seven. Arizona BKO Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity now It commitments to Lindrix syn credit rates and available loan programs and suffets to change the undubue.
Speaker 5: It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your company's giveaways. Keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit their Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Rackman Street or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 10: Got bugs, termites, bees, are rodents? Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypast dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 1: This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez sound Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio wapp just Surgery I on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to On the Ball Hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve, You're Jay. We got Henry. We're at living like crazy. Phone still up and we can't get any calls.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't say phones, I shouldn't say plural. Right, phone, it's still a phone. For those of you who've been with us along the way, you don't only have one phone line into here right now. We're moving to a new building sometime very soon.
Speaker 2: So we might get two phones.
Speaker 4: Maybe we get two lines, and maybe we have a little bit, a little bit different setup than we got now. I like our setup. It's kind of cozy back here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll miss this.
Speaker 4: You got that mess of stuff you've got on your side of the table.
Speaker 2: Over there, I wan to miss. I'll just create an other mass.
Speaker 4: But uh, was your mom?
Speaker 2: Did your mom? How old she's been? Done?
Speaker 4: A while?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Did your mom ever clean your place when you're a kid? Like? Clear, clean your pace, clean your place like my room, like or when you even as an adult? No, I'm want to say something about myself. No, So my mom I talk about now a lot because she's gone. She she'd come to the house and clean or try to or whatever, and she'd this is my mess, right, Yeah, I know what my mess is. I know where my stuff is. She'd come and clean it and.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: You were any idea, Mom, don't touch my stuff. Don't touch it.
Speaker 4: My mom was not allowed at my house for that reason.
Speaker 2: Oh she just was. That's a different reason. No, I know my chaos touched my chaos. Please, because she'd do it all the time. She wouldn't listen. She still do it.
Speaker 4: Well. Well, I mean that's like our desks, right, I mean, you know you think you look, you go look at a journalist's desk, and it was just always a disaster. But you knew wherever I've tended to be a little need here. Here's what here's what I do. I'll build up a bit of a mess and then I'll you know, then I'll get it back down, and then I build it back up and get it you know, unopened mail or whatever. I don't like a ton of clutter. I mean, look at my area, right, you know, I come and I pick up everything and I throw it away before before you wan it. You yeah, but but you know, like like my desk at home, you know, I get I get a mountain of mail before I open all the mail. Then I'll take a day. I'll take an hour, hour and a half or whatever. Since I say I'm open all the mail to get all of this off my desk, and I start over and I do it probably once or twice a month.
Speaker 2: Maybe your mail. Yeah, how do you go through your mail? You go use your wife go through the mail.
Speaker 4: No, I go through them. I go through it and if it looks like there's something I need open right now, I open it. But there's a lot of mail that I get that I don't, you know, like my mortgage state right I'm paying my mortgage automatically. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know things like that that I know, I know what the bills are, so I know the bills are getting paid. You know, I don't write checks anymore, so, but I'll pile up mail like I probably got six months of mortgage statements and I only recently went paperless. I'm like, okay, just send me an email if I need to look at it, A look at it, and I poke in there and to make sure that what I've got in my record, that's what you know, it's what they've got and it's you know, it's usually pretty good I've gotten. I've got paperless on most stuff now, you know, just send me an email that your that my statement that my bill is due or whatever, and I just get everything on auto pay.
Speaker 2: So thank you a little more too much for but no.
Speaker 4: I but you know, going back to the point, I don't have a super messy desk, and I can't say that I really ever. Have you when I was at a desk at the Arizona Daily Star or even a TEP, my desk was always semi clean. It would get out of hand a few times. But there comes a point where I feel like I'm not productive if I don't clean it up a little bit. You're spot over there, spot have you know? I had to sit there a couple of days last.
Speaker 2: Week and what did you take? I thought, don't touch it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I remember I threw away your sheet one time and you were like, what the hell, where's my sheet? So that sheet that you got right there, I left it there.
Speaker 2: Don't touch my sheet?
Speaker 4: Yet you had like three years worth of media guides over there.
Speaker 2: That's where.
Speaker 4: They. Yeah, some old draft kings, uh, endorsement scripts, wrist crackers, a mouse that a prehistoric mouse, a wired don't forget.
Speaker 2: The important part of the kids are interns? Resumes?
Speaker 4: Is that what those are?
Speaker 2: Because I look at it, it's Henry today.
Speaker 4: What's the hat. What's the hat with the number thirty nine?
Speaker 2: It was a gift that tour. I have no idea what was the thirty nine out tours? I had no just just just the hat. I don't know, all right.
Speaker 4: And then there's some you what, Ryan Ma, there's some ketchup and some ranch dressing, a couple of plastic forks, some ibuprofen, and a couple of q T cups, but no hot tomorrow, disappoint Those are the car in the car all right?
Speaker 2: Those aren't mine? Thought the Windy's butter spread. Now we're telling we're running out of time, so I'm not sure. We probably won't have it.
Speaker 4: We got another segment to do, you know, we got Troy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, We're still gonna work on it. So maybe we get them tomorrow for like a short segment to talk about the first two I mean practices.
Speaker 4: Right, Look, there's only so much you know, you're gonna get from What's what you're looking for when you go out there? At least what I would look for when you know, was who's there? Who's not right? You know it's even that it's you know, you can't even put a lot of stock in Who's with the ones. Who's with you? Just know that NOFA is the number one quarterback? Who's he throwing the ball to? You know, t Max not not not practicing? So who's in that slot for now? Because you're trying, you're trying to get an idea, but there's not a lot to you. You're not gonna know are you good or are you not? Based on what you see over there? I mean, you know again, you know Jed Fish's first year, it looked like they had some players and then you realize that it was a struggle. And you know their quarterback. What's the guy's name again, that's tall dude, Gunner Gunnar Cruise. Yeah, your your guy looked like an he was an airport quarterback man. He was he looks he looks so good in a football uniform.
Speaker 2: That's that's a you thing. That's a you thing. Yeah, Oh, it looked good in uniform. Give me the trush uniform. With a guy who could throw, It's like the guy from L s U. A guy could throw a mile. You don't need to throw a mile ten yards. I just throw it to there, just get it in his heads. That's all.
Speaker 4: Just throw it to there.
Speaker 2: But boy, could he throw a mile?
Speaker 4: So anyways, did you see, okay, going back to the Olympic, did you see how much katiele deck he won the fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: No, I saw that she crushed it though there's there's.
Speaker 4: A picture of her hitting the finish line and there's nobody else in the picture. Okay, So then somebody's making fun of the ACC because they're claiming her as a as a gold medal winning athlete out of the ACC because she's from cal Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny. That's funny.
Speaker 4: People are going stop, yeah, stop doing that.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Did you see something yesterday or this morning? The guy from England or somewhere, all these things in swimming, all of a sudden he got this. He was England Gribbin. I think he he won his heat, he won a silver or bronze in the Tokyo. He was disqualified because he stayed underwater too long before he came up, before he came out. Yeah, you know you know what he does rule. I didn't know about that, and I didn't know about in the shallow pools.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh that has become a thing.
Speaker 2: Shallow pools.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all over social media because there's no way. There's been no world records broken. And there you know what what Frank Bush talked about yesterday exactly. I saw it all over social media, you know, s I and and ESPN. They're all doing stories on it now, explaining that that it has to do with well, if a shallow pool, but when when the people jumping pull, it's the it's the the movement and the waves from people swimming all at once faster making them slowing them down.
Speaker 2: Oh so you say the shallow pool.
Speaker 4: The shallower pool, the reverberation from the swimming and the and the movement is stronger at the surface. Okay, because you know you can feel it, you can feel it more, which is slowing down the swimmers because they're they're they're having to they're having to swim through more movement in the water and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It makes it makes sense. I guess which I would if you would have put this a B C D on the thing. No, that's stupid, that's not it. You know whatever. But you know, I'll give you this. I'll give you this because we see it in basketball that Wasona. The team's played with this basketball, right, the normal basketball and then they switch it to in the tournament, they switcher to that bouncing damn thing.
Speaker 4: And that real orange thing, real orange thing, and it's it looks different and and it bounces different.
Speaker 2: And Arizona has suffered twice now with that basketball. In fact, h it was a big deal last year and then this past year. Tommy brought it up right away because they don't play with that ball all ye, which makes no sense. Why would you switch the ball?
Speaker 4: Did he did? He say, there has to be some sort of a everybody used the same ball through the whole year, but you Arizona uses Nike ball. Somebody's got in thedeed it's contract, right, but he's got what a Spalding contract or any one of these make.
Speaker 2: Just look at the percentages. Everybody was shooting poorly because it bounced more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like Major League Baseball uses one ball. You know the NBA uses one ball, right.
Speaker 2: It's it's an issue. It's an issue. Is an issue. The first time that you did it last year was an issue. Arizona suffer through. It's through. It's you know, Clemson ha deal with it. Two And then you saw was it Arizona was that wherever they played Arizona where the court was different. The three point line you see.
Speaker 4: In the in the tournament. No, no, it was the first run. Yeah, it was the first round n C double A tournament. It was in the first or was it the first four?
Speaker 2: No, I think it was the first round.
Speaker 4: It was a women's It was a women's first four.
Speaker 2: Okay that that. The three point line was different, different from both sides one side. Hey, but some people are making millions of dollars playing the.
Speaker 4: Game doing stuff. Man. Uh, all right, but no, I I am you know, I'm I'm. I mean, I didn't think I would pay a lot of attention to these Olympics. And I don't know why. I you know, I was one of those guys who I loved it when it was the amateurs, right uh and and it was it was fair and it was across the board, and you know you didn't but you know, like I don't watch as much of the track as I used to. Track was the sports. It was the sport for I couldn't wait for the track to start. It's kind of like, okay, you know, not not a big guy. I watched. I watch a lot of the other stuff. As you said, the other day swimming is exciting because the guys that are are calling it with Dan Hickson was the other guy?
Speaker 2: Oh that guy? Yeah, I know who. I know who you're talking about. He's been there forever.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you now that we're just going off topic. Do you do you drink wine?
Speaker 4: I'm a white wine drink.
Speaker 2: Did your did you drink coin?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Drink most women kind of that's what they drink. So I was just saying, uh, there's a there's a winery, a popular winery. I lost the story. H is going bankrupt because people are drinking less wine? Really, yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Are they drinking?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There thinking something.
Speaker 2: They have to be drinking those Seltzer's or something. Yeah, there's a lot I can't take. I do not look like the celtzer. Are you one of the wait?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: He's part of a frat.
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan of the Seltzers.
Speaker 2: Wait till you start drinking, son, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not a fan. I'm not a fan of this. And I mentioned you you know you had a red you have read Bull. I've never had a Red Bull.
Speaker 2: Well, I've never done drugs, so.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to go into it. But I you know, that's interesting, like both both types of wine.
Speaker 2: Or a wine California Wine is going bankrupt, is going to declare for bankruptcy. The reason is people aren't drinking enough of it.
Speaker 4: And no, you're just sucking marketing. That's what that's the issue there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know if you. All I know is women the last five ten years, that's all they did. Now Friday, go for a wild glass of wine.
Speaker 4: Man, My favorite time to drink wine is when I'm cooking.
Speaker 2: I never I never drink wine. You know, it's too it's too bitter. It makes my uh how you know, hernia or whatever. It's bitter reflex. Yeah, my reflex kind of ye, I like a glass of wine.
Speaker 4: I'll, you know, I'll go home and I'll I'll post the podcast while I'm drinking a glass of wine. Or really, yeah, you know, I probably have I'm gonna say three days a week, really, I'll have a glass.
Speaker 2: Of You might keep it up in business. Get I gonna give you.
Speaker 4: The we have we always have h a white wine and the refrigerator that were the best thing that ever happened to wine. Screw tops, right, screwtops, because you could open a bottle of wine, drink some of it, and close it up and drink it the next day in the day after that. I know there's still a lot of a lot of wines that have quarks, but we we specifically now wine that has it screw top.
Speaker 2: It's called it's called a vintage vintage wine. Estates announced bankruptcy. I'm finally on Wednesday. What does it mean to California wine?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Well, where are they from? Uh?
Speaker 4: Are they not?
Speaker 2: Are they one of the California coming I'm checking real quick. The only time, the only time I've ever been to Napa Santa Ros. Okay, yeah, the only time I've ever been to Napa. My wife was pregnant, so I da, I got to do all the drinks. Hiccup.
Speaker 4: Boon's Farm, I did all the drink Oh god, Boon's Farm. TJ.
Speaker 2: Swan though, like I said, I don't you never you've never no, well back in the day, of course, yeah, but I didn't have issues with I wasn't old then.
Speaker 4: God TJ. Swan, Boons Farm, Strawberry Hill, right, Boon's from Strawberry then an Apple those carton, No, no, those are bottles that the green bottle. What's the boom Farm Strawberry Hill the Boons Yeah, Boons Farm also had an apple one that I drank, the Strawberry Hill. PJ Swan Purple Passion or something like that were throwing They were throwing this stuff way back there. To some people. Then there was Southern comfort to drink. Southern comfort like coughs. Yeah, I don't drink that stuff. Yeah, that's like dark beer, Like I don't drink that either. Oh no, I'm not. I'm not a darker. I think I'm a little I'm you know, I'm a basic. I like the Mexican beers, but I don't drink any ales. I don't drink any any darks. The brewery stuff. You know, I'll drink a blonde, but I don't drink anything else. The I p as and all that kind of stuff. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not any of The huge layoffs will impact multiple brands and facilities. More women than you need to start drinking wine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ladies, let's go pick it up. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing, lady, I'll see you at the bar. Start pounding you say that I have a chance. We better go, We better go get ourself. You better go, we better way to get ourselves in trouble. Right, We're delirious now, all right, let's take our last break. And if the phones aren't up, you're gonna have to put up with some more of this. And if they are up, we'll get Troy Hutchison on. So stick her out. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Lut It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 12: Hi this formal while get Leman huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space and your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and free rate equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with cord equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Health the lead edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 5: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edu. Slash Someday. Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Federal Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving challenge and we'll guide you along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and.
Speaker 2: You could win big.
Speaker 11: Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home, and more. Visit pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today. That really Insured and CUA. Do you want to be part of a winning team? A Team Security is looking for friendly, outgoing event security guards and event staff to be a part of our team. We've been providing our outstanding services to some of Arizona's biggest sporting events and concerts for over twenty years.
Speaker 2: We want you to join the action.
Speaker 7: A Team offers a fun and exciting opportunity to work in the sports and entertainment industry, with flexible schedules that are perfect for those looking for a part time job or a second income. Come be a part of a winning team The A Team apply online today at a teamsecurity dot net.
Speaker 1: Steve Ravera and Jacin Sallins they have their eye on the ball on Tucson's Sports Stage yet Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back tying the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve, He's Jay. You've got our guy Henry with us.
Speaker 4: We forget his name.
Speaker 2: Sixteen minutes, sixteen minutes. This good thing is we can get calls and tell us we sucked today talking about stupid things. But hey, this is what it is. You can't get us our ad game all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know we're done, okay, I mean you know we've covered you know, white with screwtops, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get a hold of our doctor banner, our guy talking about turnno cough. Yeah, well again we can't James James No, I know I'd loved him, but.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, we're yeah, we're our phones still aren't up. So our phone is still that up. So that's for today.
Speaker 2: Well this is the first time in forever, so that's okay. Wait wait, wait, look, look look.
Speaker 4: Look, oh what is this. Hi, You're on the air and I on the ball.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hey, this is Yes, this is Jared with the Highearts Went team, just letting you know this phone mines back up.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, Thank you so much, appreciate it. Let's call Troy. Troy, call us if you're listening.
Speaker 2: I mean I was just on the phone. That a number. Okay, this is.
Speaker 4: So we can they spend maybe about ten minutes here with Troy. Yeah, okay, on practice today, so I haven't give us a call. So we're good. We're back, man, We're back. We got life, We've got life.
Speaker 2: Just people are sayingank, God, we don't listen to this crip.
Speaker 4: Hey we did, we did? I think we did. Okay, I mean, you know, you can've talked about some different stuff.
Speaker 2: I need to see you grade yourself on a test that was an easy grader for yourself. Okay, he's gonna call us in a second. It's okay, here we go, h Troy, is this you?
Speaker 13: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Just got the news back on what's his last name?
Speaker 4: Hutchison? I finally corrected him, Troy. I know he's but he's been butchering that for a long time. I finally couldn't take it anymore today. I said, there's no end in your last name. Oh well till the end.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 13: It always. It only took most of Arizona, like probably, like you know, two years to get.
Speaker 2: That right now.
Speaker 4: So we got it.
Speaker 2: So how was Day one in your eyes? Troy?
Speaker 13: You know, I thought Day one was a little bit more energetic than years past in terms of not being on the field, but in terms of the action on the field, with eleven on eleven drills, seven on seven drills and red zone drills as well. Usually coaches kind of eased the team into that first couple of days, but uh, you know, Brett Brennan and his staff hit the ground running, no contact yet, but we got to see a lot of action out there on the field today.
Speaker 4: So okay, obviously, you know, one of the big questions was team, what's what's he doing? And what is he physically doing out there? Is he just on the sidelines, is he running? Is he what's he doing?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Right now t mac is on the sideline, fully suited, but not participating in any drills, even on physition drills as well. He's just working with the strength coaches on his agility drills and kind of going full steam with that. But looks good. Has put some weight on that foot and on those you know, lower leg areas, so it looks like it's all moving in a positive direction. But when you're dealing with a star player like that who's incredibly important to his team, they're probably going to proceed with caution.
Speaker 2: So what about Palito? Because rah, what do we hear? Yeah? What was the vibe? What was the vibe when you first realized he's not there? And then his reaction was very stern or whatever.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, when we first realized that Raymond Polino wasn't there, we all kind of thought immediately it was probably an injury, because Raymond has been a player that has had injury issues throughout his time at Arizona, i'llbeit short. So we didn't really think anything of it given that he withdrew his name from the transfer portal. But once he talked to Brennan about it and him saying he will be quote unquote unavailable for the season, that's probably not very good for Arizona. And usually when it is an injury situation, you know, they'll say something like, oh, he's banged up a little bit and we're just evaluating that. But there was none of that. It was just he's unavailable, and he left it at that and said he would give details later. So I don't necessarily think it's an injury. But really it's really open and up in the air.
Speaker 2: Well. One of the things is his dad is is usually on on Twitter or whatever social I don't think I've seen his name out there in a while.
Speaker 13: You know, he hasn't tweeted out anything since I want to say July first, So that's one time for him given the fact that you know, he was in the transfer portal, they were, you know, kind of feeling out if they were going to stay at Arizona or if they were going to move on to a different situation. You have to believe that possibly it is that, but you know, you just never know with college football players and really college athletes nowadays, whether it's an il and transfer or you know, we saw a softball I think it was Izy Paco who took some time off for mental health reasons and came back to the team and succeeded there. You just really don't know what the state of college athletes, what it could be. It could be a multitude of things, and the.
Speaker 4: Temptation to speculate, but you're right, you know, in light of some of those issues like that, like you just said, maybe you know, it's best that we just say, okay, you know, let us know when you know, and we just know that he's not there, and that's all that's all we can well all we can say. Interesting, So is there do you see a difference or can you tell you said there was some eleven on eleven you know, Dwayne Keena talked about the fact that they're going to be more vertical on the defensive line. They're gonna try and get into the backfield. Did you see signs of that already? Can you tell?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, they're definitely more aggressive. I felt like last season Johnny mansen defensive style was really let's kind of plug those holes and let our linebackers go to work and be kind of like a stable defense. That way, they're getting after the quarterback today. I think they had about three to four sacks between the two first stands than cond units, so they were really going after the quarterback.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 13: They are undersize compared to years past, but you have a lot of really good athletes out there that they can mix and match inside and outside. So I think it's gonna bode well for the system that and Tina wants to run.
Speaker 4: Here here's a question, go going back to t Mac with him out, somebody's getting reps that they might not be getting right. So, I mean, look, you want him on the field, but if you're not, there's still some good that can come out of it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, and you saw Montana Lamonious Craig being the number one receiver right now, and that kind of makes sense. He's kind of slotted in that number two receiver spot, but he saw guys like aj Jones have a good practice today. Malachi Riley had a really good practice today. And to me, those are the guys that are right now separated themselves from the rest and that it's kind of the same way during spring practice. But if you can get those guys reps and get them in first and second team situations, it's going to be good for Arizona. And this staff seems to want to use more receivers than just three like the previous staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything that you hope to see that you didn't.
Speaker 13: One thing that I want to see is Cavon Darton, that transfer from Syracuse. You know, he was not really able to go today. I don't think he got into the drin. He's kind of working on the side. But he's an undersized defensive tackle around I want to say two seventy six foot two, you know, kind of undersized there, but very aggressive player. And I remember watching a couple of games where Syracuse was playing Clemson and he created problems for the Tigers and really got in the backfield. So that's the guy if they can get him going and get him healthy and ready for the season. They can plug in the d tackle, put him out edge, and that just gives him another versatile guy on the defensive line.
Speaker 2: So I think you were there when I was there, when you're talking to Gonzales with an ass and just to blow right, because I think that we saw him too. You know, you come on the scene, you like, who in the heck is this guy? He's built like a Donnis. But what's the point if you can't get on the field and be productive. I think you asked him that, right, What do you expect from him?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I think we're going to see more of a centered focus justin flow. You know, he's one of those players that back in the nineties and early two thousands ThEC ball and you want to go hit the ball. That's just really not how the linebacking position works anymore, with how the game's change, and they're kind of reeling them in and getting them used to pass coverage and you've seen them develop at that. But if you can get a little bit more realed in, Arizona's going to have a really good backup linebacker behind Manu and Tay Brown.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Troy Hodson Easycats dot Com. Uh, Troy, how different does it look or does it look different from you know what we saw with Jed. I think no Fafida said it.
Speaker 13: You know it's different, it's different, but it really has the same vibe in terms of the family atmosphere, the kind of I don't want to say happy, go lucky, but kind of easy vibe to it of understanding what the goal is. You know, it's a lot of the same guys. Yes, there's some different verbiage and different coaching founds out there right now, but you can tell that this team's been very much the center focusing on one mindset and same with the coaching staff. So it seems to be a cohesive unit right now. But again, we're only in day one of practice.
Speaker 2: So I asked Jadas before we started, Well, we started the show earlier this today. Who's the more Who's more important to this team? T Mac or Noah or well that's it, who's the more important?
Speaker 13: No so Fida, because I think anytime you talk about the quarter position in football, if you don't have one, you're gonna severely miss one. So you know, the top receiver is great, but receivers can I don't want to say it can be replaced, but you can subsidize it with quality talent there where. If you don't have a quarterback, it doesn't matter what you have out there on the football field if you can't get the ball, pass downfield or get the play off. So no, it does a great job of really being that leader out there on the football field. And he's what makes are as untick.
Speaker 4: Do you in the in the postgame pressure when he was up at the table, is there is there? Can you tell? Is there another year of maturity there? Or was he is? He kind of like the same guy he was last year.
Speaker 13: To me, he's very much the same guy as he was last year. And I think that is a mature player. I've said it several times when he first came in at Arizona. I've never seen a freshman be able to read a field, control an offense, and make smart decisions downfield as well, even when it meant throwing away the football and not forcing it. He's just a highly intelligent football player that is a very team and family oriented guy, and he knows how to pull players with him and put them in the right direction. So I think Arizona has a mature leader that's only going to get better throughout the season.
Speaker 2: I totally agree. I totally agree. Just a level headed dude, makes good decisions and more importantly, he gets other people to play hard for him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: No, it's incredible to watch. Again. You know, Arizona has had a lot of underclassman freshmen and guy you know, starting at center, and you could see growing things, and yes, he's gonna have growing games, but there it all seems to be very calm, and there's a calmness about him that I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: So does the same with Polito not being available? What does that do off Are they just gonna start moving guys around or are they just gonna try and plug someone else in over there? He mentioned Jonas Savona that he can play all the positions. What do you think they're gonna have to do there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I think they're gonna keep big Jonah at right tackle of how solidified he has become there. But you have Rhino, a second year player that was the high three star recruit. He started with the first team offense today. And then you have a guy like Michael Wooten who transferred from Oregon, who's six foot seven to three pen and he looks all bit the three men, both of them had very good practices. But you're gonna want to see some separation between those two throughout camp, and I think those are gonna be the guys that are gonna looks to fill that role.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, anything else running back wise or yeah, the running backs that tell.
Speaker 4: Us what you saw there.
Speaker 13: You know, again, it's no contact today, so it's kind of hard to evaluate the running back position with nobody really you know, lighting them up or them drinking through a tackle. But Kwali Conley looks really good. At that injury that he had during training camp or spring practice, which I think was a leg injury somewhat doesn't seem to be bothering him, uh ja. Cory Merritt looks good out there. And those were really the two main guys that we start out there on the football field today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thanks Troy, thanks for the last second to get in.
Speaker 4: And thank you for your patience.
Speaker 13: No, well, never a good one.
Speaker 2: Guys, he's twenty years old. He kept.
Speaker 4: Said, where's the bus? Yeah all right, well good, you know again, there's only so much you can tell from a first practice. It's more about what does it look like? And he mentioned the vibe, right, you know, those kinds of things are what you get from that. Even I think, you know you can go to the you know, you see a spring it's kind of or of you know, of a false scrimmage or something like that. He's still not sure what you but you see.
Speaker 2: I don't think the media is not going to be allowed all the time, right, It's just gonna be bits and pieces. I think practice at all.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm confused, okay, because on Tuesday they told us they didn't know if practice today was going to be open, So I don't know if it even was. If somebody can tell us if they if you can tact us and tell us if you went to practice and got in, they haven't said. But then an email that we got, you know, listing the schedule said practices are open to the public. So I don't know what to think.
Speaker 2: Well, you can and he was pretty secret, not secret of whatever word you want to use. In the spring game. They just they just had another practice. It was nothing really game wise, right, So he didn't give away anything or he just kind of went through a practice kind of boring, but that's just what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you expect they're going to kind of do that. Even even through the New Mexico and in NAU games, they're not going to want to show a lot. They're going they're going to do enough to win, obviously, but this this is one of those situations where they're not gonna want to show a lot so that they can go to Kansas State and have, you know, make them work for some stuff and have them not know some things about them, so I you know, it'll be interesting to see how they play that. I remember when when Mike students started, they were really tired. Remember that you couldn't nobody could go in.
Speaker 2: And see how'd that go? Well, he's not here, just point exactly all this secretive stuff. Just play the dead game. It's plaitally good. Well, look that guy can pass. I can catch? What level?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: College? Shouldn't they be able to do that?
Speaker 4: They're supposed to.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I really don't to me. Maybe it's just be the secret. If you're good Jay, guess what you're good yeah, and get if you're better than me, gets what's gonna usually happen you're gonna beat me allegedly, I mean, just just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's why it's supposed to be. I think, for sure, right for sure. But yeah, I don't know, so I don't know. We don't know if practices are open. I guess you can uh check the uf A website. They'll tell you. But we don't have we don't, we don't, we don't. We're not privy to that. So whatever, But another practice tomorrow morning, I guess another practice. I'm practicing at nine in the morning. If you want to go over there and see if they're open, then that's.
Speaker 2: Up to Good luck with that charge charge the gas today. Yay, we got through today.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: We'll try again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right. Thanks everybody for your patience out there and having to put up with phone.
Speaker 2: It's going to work tomorrow, it will.
Speaker 4: It should all right. Hey, thanks for being here. We'll be back tomorrow with Amanda Beer will be one of our guest tomorrow, so be sure to check in on that. She'll be very good talking about the Olympics. We'll see you to Norow