Speaker 1: Hey, come on, hey, come on, now, come on, come on, come.
Speaker 2: On, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Gee rod Ryan, Well that's me, that's Alex.
Speaker 2: There's Chilli. It's time for the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Kids, trap yourselves in the most interactive show on the radio. Tat Tuesday, Kenny the cash Man going for win number three fresh out of Madhead Your Head Challenge. We'll play that game at around six twenty Houston Roughnecks Openers.
Speaker 2: We've got tickets at a four pack of tickets in there.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, BlackBerry Smart is playing this weekend. I got tickets for you coming up on the fun Fact flash Back.
Speaker 2: How about Live.
Speaker 1: Collective Soul Our Lady Peace on that bill August fifteenth, seventy one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: I got tickets for you.
Speaker 1: At seven twenty Shine Down tickets coming with Bush.
Speaker 2: I mean you know her, we love her. Morgan Wade, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Play Don't Be a Pig at a twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: We'll play a little.
Speaker 1: Game to win those tickets to get you into the Toyota Center concert announcement at nine.
Speaker 2: O'clock with tickets. Yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 1: I can do that and along nation tickets know the show chance of rain. Nothing over that today, sunny skies? Are you kidding me? High of eighty nine today of neat? Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Good morning Rod, Good morning Home room.
Speaker 4: A scandal as erupted overt battle plans in Washington. Jeffrey Goldberg, who is the editor in chief of the Atlantic, says that he was mistakenly added to a group chat involving the top Trump administration officials, including Defense Secretary Pete Hegsith and Vice President JD.
Speaker 2: Vancy.
Speaker 4: Says the chat discussed sensitive details about planned airstrikes against Houthy targets in Yemen, covering specifics like weapons, targets, and timing. Goldberg received an unexpected connection request on March eleventh from an account named Mike Waltz, who believed to be the National Security Advisor. Two days later, he says he was added to a group titled Houthy PC Small Group, and despite his initial skepticism about the chats authentic authenticity, Goldberg realized it's legitimacy when he discussed operations occurred as planned. The National Security Council acknowledged the authenticity of the messages and his investigating how Goldberg was added in them. President Donald Trump told reporters yesterday that he was not aware of the story. It was published by Goldberg yesterday and says, quote, I'm not a big fan of The Atlantic. To me, it's a magazine that's going out of businesspe jesus.
Speaker 2: Just see okay, just see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know about that. I never heard that one. In other news, attacks on Tesla facilities continue around the country, with multiple incendiary devices added Tesla dealership in Austin yesterday morning. The Austin Place Department responded to reports of suspicious items and called the Bomb Squad, which safely secured the devices without incident. The FBI has established a task force to investigate the attacks and has labeled them as domestic terrorism. Since Elon Musk began his role with the Trump administration's Department of Government Efficiency, there have been at least forty eight incidents targeting Tesla properties, including arson, gunfire, and graffiti. The FBI urges the public to remain vigilant and or do vigilant around Tesla facilities. Let's get you some lighter news, okay, Yeah, Fireball Whiskey is giving out a lifetime supply of its product. But there's one little wrinkle to it. You gotta be at least ninety years old. Come on, that's not a lifetime supply for a ninety year old.
Speaker 2: I mean it's probably a good overhead on their part, right, well, yeah, but it takes away mostly continue with people.
Speaker 4: They claim that they're doing it because Fireball is oddly popular with older demographics. To down anyone born in nineteen thirty five or earlier can sign up at lifetime supply of Fireball dot com. Or if they're young enough to drink but too old to use a computer, you can nominate them. You just have to explain why they deserve to win and upload a photo. Up to fifteen winners will be announced next month, and the deadline to apply is March thirty.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 4: Lizzo is going to star in a biopic about sister Rosetta Tharp, also known as the Godmother of rock and roll. Tharp was a gospel singer who mixed spiritual lyrics with electric guitars. She blew up in the thirties and forties and influence everyone from Chuck Berry to Little Richard, even Elvis, Jerry Lee Levis, Johnny Cash, and Eric Clapton were influenced by her work. The movie is going to take place at a time when Tharpe was preparing for the first ever stadium show in music history, while also having to hide her love for another woman. No release date has been announced yet. This is who she's going to be portraying all or brag. But I knew about sister Rosetta Tharp because I took a history of rock and Roll class at.
Speaker 2: Sam Houston Stadium. I heard her name in passing. I forgot about her.
Speaker 3: She was like you learned with her, the big Bopper, Like they were.
Speaker 4: All kind of like, uh.
Speaker 3: Like in the same like class. We learned about it.
Speaker 2: Okaug.
Speaker 4: Metallica's Kirk Hammett is working on a solo album. He's describing it as a fusion of all sorts of styles. The project is gonna be Hammett's first full length studio or full length solo album, following his twenty twenty two instrumental EP Portals. The upcoming album is expected to feature vocal tracks and show off a broader range of his musical influences in.
Speaker 3: Some Metallic and some other miss Callica News.
Speaker 4: Hammett says he's gonna accumulate he's already accumulated seven and sixty seven new riffs for the next Metallica album, but that he hasn't seen the band yet and he doesn't expect them to work on it for another year at least.
Speaker 2: So lose him though.
Speaker 1: If you remember, it was one of those Metallica albums not that long ago, he lost his iPhone and everything in all the riffs, every riff he wrote for that album was on the iPhone, So he does really have a whole lot of writing credits on one of those albums he lost.
Speaker 2: Out on millions.
Speaker 4: You'd assuming if you had seven hundred and sixty seven you would remember at.
Speaker 2: Least a few, or you'd have a lot of backup you would That would also be a good idea.
Speaker 3: Not sure dropbox account, dude, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, well this was I think this was pre cloud.
Speaker 4: So he's got plenty of time if they're not gonna work on it for another year to round that out to an even thousand, and maybe back it up too.
Speaker 2: Those are Uston's headlines. Okay, what you got, I'll go with the NBA.
Speaker 4: With sport, Yeah, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Hawks at the Toyota Center. They're eight and a half point favorites heading into this one. Tip offs at seven, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In baseball, Astros beat the Sugarland Space Cowboys eight to four in an exhibition game last night. They're gonna play the Space Cowboys again at Dykin Park tonight before opening up the regular season on Thursday.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at seven ten.
Speaker 4: You can hear that game over on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kt RAG.
Speaker 2: That what's going on in sports? Okay, Well that's a lot. That's a lot to get us rolling here. I have a lot today. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I brought in a stuff. I'm writing down. I'm making notes. There's this, that and the other thing. Uh, you know, give away these tickets after nine o'clock with this concert that we're going to announce all this stuff. It's okay, we can fit it all in. We can fit it all in. They give us four hours.
Speaker 2: We can use it.
Speaker 1: I want to use the upcoming time here to get a first phone call in though if you would like the first phone call seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: How would you like to get us started this morning? What do you want to talk about? Okay?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show.
Speaker 2: On the radio. It's this one time. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Come on ninety four or five buzz some forty one and we are off and running four hours of pain. It's called The rod Ryan Show. It's our Tattooesday edition. We'll get all tattooy on you with our Instagram feature on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot com. Pretty proud of that, looking at girls blog page that it's pretty tacked. So that's going to be something that gets some activity for sure.
Speaker 2: Wrote it down. I didn't even wait for the man to ask me. I know he's busy.
Speaker 1: I knew Chilli was going to get on me today, so I wanted to get ahead of it. I need you to sign up if you want to come down and play read my lips. Thursday will be here before you know it. It's already Tattooesday. If you want to come down and play the game. Melanie the Felony, she was in here Thursday and just.
Speaker 2: Wipe the court, mop the court with Alex.
Speaker 1: Them all.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like that. Melanie was great.
Speaker 3: I was happy for Melanie.
Speaker 2: If you want to come down and play read my lips.
Speaker 1: You want to join us in the studio, you have to sign up on links and guests. This morning, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Sonny ridiculously warm. It's gonna be high of eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Marow. We better not hit ninety. Do not hit ninety. Won't even think of hitting ninety.
Speaker 5: It's not time for the first phone call.
Speaker 2: Of the day. Not yet anyways. I don't want ninety today. Good morning, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Brandy.
Speaker 2: We're ready, Brandy.
Speaker 1: I don't want ninety degrees today. Is that being ridiculous? It's March twenty fifth. I do not want ninety degrees.
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 6: It's okay, it's okay. But I'll take it. After our snow day we.
Speaker 2: Had, well, yeah, yeah, I don't want to take it. I won't take you.
Speaker 1: I saw this too, and you know, weather, weather is weathering. But they say that that snow that we got is helping the wildflowers. Somehow, I'm starting to see some of the blue bonnets already on the roadside. They haven't pulled over yet. Yeah, you know, I gotta like PLoP my kid down. Well, you know, she's seven now, so I'm not like just plopping her down and things anymore, but I feel like I will.
Speaker 2: This is me just yeamm or not? What's on your mind? You got the first phone call?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: It's a great day. It's Tuesday. Yeah, it's And I just want to say thank you to all the healthcare workers out there grinding going into work this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you in the healthcare sector or warm? What do you do? Can you share that with us?
Speaker 6: Sure? I am over a radiology department at one of our healthcare systems here in Houston.
Speaker 1: You went to school for that, I sure did. Did they have a job placement for you? Were you on your own after school to get your own gig?
Speaker 6: Oh no, there's definitely some job placement.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then were you able to pick where you worked, like close to your house.
Speaker 6: At the beginning, I had a drive into the medical dinner Yeah, so that was fun. But after that you could basically go anywhere you wanted.
Speaker 8: So when you're in school for that do you know one hundred you're getting a gig when you're done. Absolutely, I mean, just you got to I mean, do you need a's and b's or I mean if you just get if you just graduate, you're you're getting a job, right, everybody in that in that field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if you graduate, of course you're gonna you're gonna have a job.
Speaker 6: You've gotta pass the National Register Exam.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you got to pass that.
Speaker 6: And you actually have to be good at your job because you do all your clinical rotations through hospitals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't make it. I didn't want to make it telling you.
Speaker 6: Didn't need to be good. Yeah, people have to like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well listen, this is all this is all awesome, and you know what, shout out, shout out to everybody, all the healthcare workers, Brandy, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Murder. I don't have time. I don't know what. I don't have time to I don't have time. I don't I'm late.
Speaker 3: This is this is something we have time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have time. We have time for the springing Song. We have time for Brandy. No, the spring song did not go over well, and they're not love that what he has to love this, Come on so up good, we need an edit. You will be okay, God damn this show stupid. All right on the flip gotta right check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll fight, we'll find out what's treading, and then we'll get set up for the game of.
Speaker 2: Rock and Altar soon. Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan Show Hop. You off to a great start to your morning. Good morning, good morning. Ten percent chance of rain today and I don't see it really changing tonight. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies today and uh we'll be going if you hit ninety high today of around eighty nine.
Speaker 4: Pete hegg seth hag set that's the guy, the heg man him Peggy Well pd hagg he's trending everywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean like he's the number one trend.
Speaker 4: He's Yes, he's texting war plans said people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: Text went to the wrong headlines something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says he didn't.
Speaker 4: He said he oh really, but the Atlantic guy Goldberg says he did.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well that's the number one story he said.
Speaker 4: He said things I got u Juju Watkins what do you go about Juju Watkins.
Speaker 3: So se basketball women's star.
Speaker 4: Corn A cl is going to be one of the top two picks in the w NBA draft along with Paige Bukers from Connecticut and her season is over. And then the Bachelor finale? Did you watch that last night? I know you're a huge Bachelor fan. I didn't you messed a TV.
Speaker 2: I just know it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: I don't think we should say who won because there's people that dv ared it and haven't rough Mustard.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ with the candlesticks.
Speaker 1: Oh God, here comes the emails. He chose, he chose Colonel Mustard. Yeah, a real, a real uh wrench.
Speaker 3: Was thrown into this whole thing with Colonel Mustard being who he chose.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's what's training on night and by the bus two.
Speaker 9: Morning, everybody, it's eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man. Now you're fresh out of bed. Head to head two day champion Ron said, we're playing all week. I only need three more days, so join me on Tuesday when I make it number three, which.
Speaker 1: Is seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you can beat the cash Man, the rod Ryan Shows ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show Tonic.
Speaker 1: If you could only see rod Ryan's show Ted Tuesday sunny Skies, low chances.
Speaker 2: Of rain, high of eighty nine. Oh man, we gotta play this game, and now each time for the freshot of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, hey, Kenny, good morning, Good morning to you. How are you?
Speaker 10: Oh man?
Speaker 2: Ask me how I'm doing? Dude, you don't want to ask me here? Here's doing? I was?
Speaker 1: I was okay, I was okay starting off the show, everything in a decent mood.
Speaker 2: Now, Bill Parker, you understand.
Speaker 1: Bill Parker, it's like a drug.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. What is it? I miss so much? It's like a drug. I was already. Guys, do wonders from my from my my self esteem.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I see your name. I'm like, you got to be kidding me. Bill Parker. Over here, christs Marty, you understand, Kenny, Bill.
Speaker 2: Parker, you understand.
Speaker 9: I understand Bill Parker.
Speaker 11: Jenny, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I'm a hell of a fan of Big Dog. But when we get home, when we step on that field.
Speaker 7: We are in me.
Speaker 9: Brother, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: All right, well, yes sir, good luck, good luck, brother. Game of the year so far, right, yeah, this is a pretty all star game. But Bill parkersn'ta be wins. It doesn't matter, you understand. I'm not. I got a handful of wins, but uh, general times in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 12: But you know what, to be the best, you.
Speaker 6: Gotta beat the best.
Speaker 2: There you go. It's an eight time Hall of Famer here on the phone with you, Bill Parker. You understand, Jacky Kenny, what time is it?
Speaker 9: It's game time?
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 1: What I have for you, guys is a four pack of tickets to the Houston rough next season opener, which is going on this movie night night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, if I was the coach, it's Bill Parker up the middle every play. I mean, Bill Parker up the middle. Here we go, Kenny the cash Man and Bill Parker. You're gonna shout out, shout out your name when you think.
Speaker 2: You know the answer. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one, uh, still going to Jill lou Foley and her husband even sending me some great questions here, thank you. Question number one, what do chickens lay Kenny Kenny eggs eggs is the correct answer.
Speaker 2: Hey Mike, do you guys say my name?
Speaker 10: Yea?
Speaker 2: We did you interrupt? All you want? That's your thing?
Speaker 6: Well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Dog. I've always got to pass on that I don't know. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Kenny is on the board though he got he just yeah, it was a clean It was clean. Question number two, what type of fish is nemo?
Speaker 2: Really? He got you?
Speaker 1: Billy Kenny by clownfish is a correct answer.
Speaker 9: Well, that's what I feel like a clown dang.
Speaker 2: He Kenny wasn't but the best election? Keep it goes in hell?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Thinking that mean I mean in and out like a like a like a spring breeze. It's the best, all right, Bill Parker, great, all right, you guys rocked on.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: I need It's like I'm tired. He just like sucked all the energy out of the room. He just got in Tasmanian devil and then boom goes papers everywhere.
Speaker 2: Kenny, nice win today. Thank you you're gonna run buddy, all right? That's weird. Number three, it's a four pack of tickets to the Roughnecks. This weekend and an invitation to join us on Wednesday. You down for that, you know it? Nice game. The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day American Idiots. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm in a good mood. I wasn't a good mood already. That's not fair.
Speaker 1: I was already in a good mood coming in here this morning, ready to do this tattooesday show. And then you know, Bill Parker comes in, does his thing, but just like that's gone. Not here for a long time, here for a good time.
Speaker 2: I got that song. I got that song somewhere. The Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion. Here is guy though. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: Eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man, continuing my winning ways. I am your fresh out of bed head ahead three day champion checking out fan favorite Bill Parker with two questions and two answers, So bring them all on and join me Wednesday, and when I make it win him before Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's uh, he's doing good. Two questions to answers. You don't want Kenny hitting his stride. He's got two more games. To go.
Speaker 1: He's already an eight time Hall of Famer. It's gonna take someone special. It's gonna take someone special this.
Speaker 2: Week to put a stop to that. It's the funk. Back to the day. We make you look smart and funny. Everybody sits the funk to the day.
Speaker 1: There's some fun facts for you today. There's my guy, Captain Cash. Hey, hell brother rod Bill Parker. You understand.
Speaker 13: Yeah, come ons, waity, here we go, guys, here's some fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: Harrison Ford's pay for.
Speaker 1: Doing the first Star Wars movie it's in the seventies, right, like seventy six. They probably well, he probably signed a contract in seventy five was ten thousand dollars. He made fifty times more than that for Return of the Jedi five hundred thousand dollars, and two thousand times more than that for The Force Awakens, pocketing twenty million dollars. It was a pretty good financials heal, I mean, I don't do what you do.
Speaker 2: Nobody does but you.
Speaker 1: But this is pretty This will look pretty good on the spreadsheet. Yeah, you've really done a good job of increasing your pay, Harrison Ford.
Speaker 2: Very good. I think he even said, I don't know if you caught any of those interviews.
Speaker 1: He must play the Red Hulk in in America and he flat out just says.
Speaker 2: It did for the money.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what he got paid for Red Hulk, but I know and I know a zillion of you do know that answer, So go ahead and email me. Sorry, Alex, Philadelphia, I didn't know this. When I talk about the greatest sports city, uh in America, it pains me, but it's gotta be Boston. Huh yeah, as far as like the sports city and he's just ya, God, but the history of the Celtics and everything. Philadelphia is the only city that had four major sports teams in a championship game in the same year. In nineteen eighty, the Phillies were in the World Series, the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, seventy six Ers were in the NBA Finals, and the Flyers were in the Stanley Cup Flying Finals. That's not fair, Like I went, I that's jealousy, but that's just not fair for a city to have all that.
Speaker 2: Only the Phillies won the title in nineteen nights like a bunch of chokers.
Speaker 3: Just what I heard.
Speaker 2: I knew what I was getting myself into Hell.
Speaker 1: Hell, I knew exactly where what I was how that was going to be received. Okay, there are approximately one point one million Americans that don't have indoor plumbing. I'm not going to go over there for don and use an outhouse or a hole in the ground. Who's counting the holes in the ground that people are using?
Speaker 2: The crowd washing, it's the fuck that to.
Speaker 4: The day we make you look smart your bodies, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got BlackBerry smoke tickets. That's Friday night. I believe it's seven one three Music Hall. What movie were they working on? Someone managed to accidentally delete.
Speaker 1: A huge chunk of the of the movie and they found a backup through an employee on maternity leave that had saved it so that she could work on it from home. What movie almost was destroyed? Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash, Okay, as people are calling in for that.
Speaker 2: Hell, how we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 7: It was one of those good days on Wall Street that was up five hundred and eighty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and five eighty three, nastac up four hundred and four to eighteen thy one hundred and eighty eight benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point three six percent and oil trades at sixty nine dollars fifty two cents of barrel. Two of the most actors the big studs Home Depot, Amazon and Navidia. At least you're paying attention the big duds Verizon, Merk and Nike on the economic calendar this morning at numbers on who new home sales for February. Right now, futures barely on the upside hanging out of this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: That's it met here.
Speaker 7: This is Howland Minus director with the Raymon James Port Feederadron Show.
Speaker 12: From ramon James on Sam Flip and I said, not forget tolways.
Speaker 2: Or rock out with your stock out. Good job, Oh thank you, good job today, Great job.
Speaker 5: Vivian's direst those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates Income. Ever, n I, t as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is an educational and informational purposes on the studs are based on the movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Thirty four five The Buzz Welcome back, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: I got my son in the off It's okay, you got some company in the car. What's your son's name?
Speaker 2: Carlos, Hey, Carlos.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 2: So this movie.
Speaker 1: Accidentally, a huge chunk of it was deleted and they found they found a backup through an employee on maternity leave.
Speaker 2: What's the movie? It's toy story in the first one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna give it to this toy story too. Okay, dude, you gotta lock go one on over there, Anthony, go, you gotta lock.
Speaker 2: One on over there. Just go with toy storry. You you have doue Winter. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Carlos sounds excited about BlackBerry smoke.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can go.
Speaker 1: But you can't. Probably get a sitter Friday Night seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: All Right, awesome, I'm so excited. I'm excited for you guys.
Speaker 1: All Right, Carlos, thank you, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Station from iHeartRadio on Running Show on nine, The Buzz, The Buzz, jelly Roll, Bunny XO, she's always got something to say, She's got that podcast.
Speaker 2: She's on the Looking at Girls blog page. Find out what they're doing. Well, I'll just tell you. Uh so, they're they're still working on getting pregnant.
Speaker 1: So they're working talking about IVF and they're kind of becoming spokespeople for IVF, which.
Speaker 2: Of course I I one hundred percent agree with and I used myself.
Speaker 1: So I'm wishing them the best of luck and Bunny XO on the Looking at Girls blog page today, Good morning, Tattooesday.
Speaker 2: I think we featured her back before we really knew who she was, Like, you know, this is jelly Roll's girlfriend. Her started talking about jelly Roll. Yeah, like, dude, have you seen her his wife?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: So she was a feature back, Maybe we need to bring her back on a Tattuesday. But today's Tattooesday feature is great.
Speaker 2: It's number one right now. We have Sunday skies, chances of.
Speaker 1: Rain highs today of around eighty nine, like Houston Bothery. But then we had Bill Parker on and it's like, oh eighty nine cool. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Whatch you got O? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A scandal as erupted over battle plans in Washington. Jeffrey Goldberg, who's the editor in chief of the Atlantic, says that he was mistakenly added to a group chat involving top Trump administration officials, including Defense Secretary Pete Hegsith and Vice President JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 4: He says the chat discussed sensitive details about planned airstrikes against Hoothy targets and Yemen, covering specifics like weapons, targets, and timing. Goldberg received an unexpected connection request on March eleventh from an account named Tim Waltz, who he believed to be the National Security Advisor. Two days later, he says he was added to a group titled HOHOTHYPC Small Group, and despite his initial skepticism about the chats authenticity, Goldberg realized it's legitimacy when seeing operations discussed in it.
Speaker 3: A national security Council acknowledg the.
Speaker 4: Authenticity of the messages and is investigating how Goldberg was included. And then President Donald Trump told reporters yesterday that he wasn't aware of the story that was published by Goldberg yesterday and said that I'm not a quote. I'm not a big fan of The Atlantic. To me, it's a magazine that's going out of business. Tullman Fertita says that he will resign from his companies if he is confirmed as the US Ambassador to Italy. The Houston billionaire is the owner of dozens of restaurants around the country and is now awaiting confirmation to become the ambassador to Italy and San Marino. Fortita has submitted an ethics agreement letter explaining that he will divest from his various holdings if he has approved. Those include Landry's, Morton's Steakhouse, The Palm, Joe's Crabshack, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Got In the Rainforest Cafe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the list goes on and on and on with this guy.
Speaker 4: Tilman noted that he will forfeit a promised severance package from his company for Tita Entertainment, but will receive a lump sum of deferred compensation after his resignation and continue to maintain a passive interest in the companies, but will not provide any help.
Speaker 2: Really, so does this what does this mean for looking into an NHL team?
Speaker 4: Well, there always there's another billionaire that's already talking about that.
Speaker 2: I heard that. Gilman's not it. Does he have to step away from the rockets too?
Speaker 4: Well, so he's going to remain the owner of the Rockets because that is not considered a conflict of interests Okay, interesting, So I guess like even though I would imagine that's kind of a business, but it's not a business business Okay, it's a franchise.
Speaker 2: It's just a sports franchise. It's all right.
Speaker 1: It's a billionaire shuffling around his money. Yeah, then he'll get money somewhere. El yeah, yeah, it'll he'll give us some money probably, Okay.
Speaker 4: The genetics testing company twenty three and Me has filed for Chapter eleventh bankruptcy protection following some difficult years after going public in twenty twenty one, known for its saliva based test kits. There we go, well, Kendrick the known for its saliva based test kits that offer customers a look into their genetic ancestry twenty three and meter has seen its market capitalization more than ninety nine percent from a peak of six billion dollars after it failed to turn a profit. Experts are advising users to delete all of their data from the site to protect their privacy. Black Crock is going to buy this and then you're all going to be cloned. So that's why we don't send our DNA anyone advice. Former UFC star Kane Velasquez has been sentenced to five years in prison for trying to kill a man that allegedly tries to molest his four year old son at the daycare center. Instead of hitting the man he thought did it, he mistakenly hit the man's stepfather, causing a non life threatening injury. Velaska has later admitted that what he did was quote very dangerous to other people, and said that he would accept whatever punishment he got. The alleged molester goes on trial in June on a felon account of lewd acts with a minor.
Speaker 2: So he hit the wrong guy, hit the wrong guy. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, wait a minute, let's here was the guy then allegedly did it.
Speaker 2: Let's look the other way. Good luck finding a jury that's gonna convict him. Correct. Okay, that's the interesting part of that story. He hit the wrong dydamnit.
Speaker 4: Evin Essence is gonna have a new single in the Netflix series Devil May Cry. The band is set to release their song after Life this Friday, but a lyric video for the track will premiere on Thursday at eleven am Our Time, featuring exclusive clips from the upcoming Netflix of animated series. Devil May Cry is based on the hit Capcom video game franchise and is scheduled to be released next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sports Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Hawks at the Toyota Center. Tip Off for that game is at seven o'clock and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. Over in baseball, the Astros beat the Sugarland Space Cowboys eight to four in an exhibition game last night. They're gonna play the Space Cowboys again tonight at dyk In Park before opening up the regular season on Thursday against the Mets. First pitch for tonight's game is at seven to ten. You can hear it on our sister station, news Radio seven forty KTIRH That's what's going on.
Speaker 2: Houston's rocking Alternatives, The Road.
Speaker 5: Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four or five to bus Nirvana, Heartshake Box, Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, Winky Winky, hands off your heart shake box. Sunny skis today. Low chances of rain both today and tonight. I don't know, sorry, hies today of around eighty nine warm, I mean it's not hot.
Speaker 2: If it's ninety, it's hot, okay, eighty nine, Come on, it's warm. It's all right. What are we doing? Live?
Speaker 1: Collective Soul Our Lady pieces on that bill, August fifteenth, seven, one to three Music Hall. I've got tickets coming up for you. After the break, we're gonna play Don't be a Pig. We'll be getting ready for that game about an hour from now, So that means I've got a hour to.
Speaker 2: Get ready for that game. But I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: That's how you're gonna win your shine down tickets. Got a concert announcement after nine. After nine, we'll get to the concert announcement and give you the first pair of tickets to the show that we'll be talking about, whin them before they go on sale.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I want you to sign up. Alex wants you to sign up. The Chile wants you to sign up to play. Read my lips.
Speaker 1: You will play Chile on Thursday if you are selected to come down and join us in the studio. There wasn't she had a good name.
Speaker 2: I already mentioned it too last week.
Speaker 1: Matilda the Marauder, something like that, Melanie the Pehony. Just Matilda the Marauder was close. We need a Matilda the Marauder. We need a Matilda to apply now heavy International Pancake Day. I'm sorry, Waffle Day, my back, it's International Waffle Day. Whole question. Waffles or pancakes. Waffles are better than pancakes, I.
Speaker 3: Agree, Yeah, all right, I'm not gonna say no to either.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the same batter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just can catch the syrup in one. Yeah, but you usually get more pancakes than you do waffles.
Speaker 1: True, But the density of the waffle, Yeah, that's what it is. They're not like fluffy pancakes. Waffles all day over pancakes.
Speaker 3: If you gave me pancakes, I'm not gonna say no though, But but if I had to pick.
Speaker 4: I'm going waffle, right, Okay. Not a picky guy when it comes to that. I'm just like I am with chili. You're not picky when it comes to your chili's if I got to I mean, this is my chili, the chili that we're with every day. But if I had beans or no beans, I had picked no beans. But if you gave me chili beans in and I'm still he's a waffle guy, right, you're a waffle guy. That means he's a waffle awful guy. You guys are twins.
Speaker 2: But she also enjoys himselves. Some pancakes, chili waffles are pancakes.
Speaker 12: Chicken and waffles.
Speaker 2: Bro Yeah, yeah, pancakes are too.
Speaker 12: They get too missy.
Speaker 1: Pancakes need to introduce a meat or do we already have sausage and pancakes? You know, like like he just said chicken and waffles. Does pancakes do they need the boost of adding a meat?
Speaker 3: You know, that's just a pancake, wrapped around like a breakfast sausage.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they already kind of are associated with the saw and the breakfast sausage. Yeah, all right, you are. You're a waffle guy. I'm a waffle guy. We're all waffle guys here, all right. And then, uh, so food blog page has something on that. There's a couple of deals out there. Dairy Queen is selling blizzards for eighty five cents.
Speaker 2: I've not been.
Speaker 1: To a dairy Queen. I don't know if I've ever been to one. They I know it's a Texas stop sign. I don't know that I've ever been to one since moving Texas.
Speaker 2: Was there used to be one not too far from me in Huntsville Chili. You want to sing it? Nobody wants me to sing it? Big you is?
Speaker 12: That's why I love about Texas?
Speaker 2: Yes, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Buddy, how is he not your spokesman for DQ?
Speaker 12: Call Alex my agent police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get you set up, buddy. All right?
Speaker 1: So, uh eighty five per cent blizzards through April sixth, that's on the Food blog page today.
Speaker 2: We trying to keep you up on the Food News quick break when we come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. Great singing today.
Speaker 1: Chilli Uh Live, Collective Soul tickets on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative us to The.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone, Rod Ryan's Show. There's Alex right there me Chili Chili's here too. Wants you to sign up for read my Lips. He's got that for you on links and guests today on the world famous Rob Ryan Show blog page. You want to come down and join us for Read my Lips on Thursday, you can do something about it.
Speaker 2: You can join us.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain sunny skies today highs up around eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I see the same stuff trending. I do too, but you so I see Tattooesdays. Okay, good good.
Speaker 4: I'm you know that maybe Tattooesday is not always my favorite feature of the week.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the end of the year. Have you ever had a Tattooesday girl in your top ten on the year? I think I have once or twice. Okay, but Amy Quinn may very well be in my top ten at the end of this year.
Speaker 4: And that is our Tattooesday feature today, submitted by an anonymous listener who should just buddy when you.
Speaker 2: Submit something like this, Yeah, put your name on it. This is great. This is great stuff you've giving us.
Speaker 4: Go check out Amy Quinn at Wild Finish, rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Oh Yeah, twenty three and meter Also trending today, The DNA testing company is filing for bankruptcy, So delete all of your data or Blackrock is gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: And then they're gonna clone you and commit crimes with your clones.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you definitely want to at least get rid of the if you had a password saved on that website for something, you want to bare minimum do that.
Speaker 4: There's nothing good about your DNA getting sold to another couple.
Speaker 2: Well, now the company says they're going to hang on to it.
Speaker 4: Until they get sold and then yeah, and then the other the new people will get to do whatever they want with it, Like you're just gonna trust them to be cool. They're gonna put an AI brain in you, and you're gonna just do whatever. This is how it all starts, guys, How it starts. Kane Lasquez, also trending. He was sentenced to five years in prison. He thought he was attacking the man that allegedly molested his four year old son at a daycare center. But he hit that man's step five there and causing a non life threatening injury. And that man that allegedly molested his son as going on trial in June, so.
Speaker 2: Non life threatening. Five years is pretty steepid.
Speaker 4: I think he's getting time served, and I want to say he's been in he's served two or three years already.
Speaker 2: But I remember the story came out.
Speaker 4: It was that he attacked a man that allegedly molested his son, which then it's like, good luck finding somebody that's gonna convict him of that if it was his stepfathered. He mistake, He made a mistake. He said, he's fine accepting whatever punishment he gets. He was he was defending his kid, he thought, And I don't know, he's hard to argue against that.
Speaker 1: We've met him before, he's been in studio with us before. I would not want to cross that man. No, but he was a super nice guy, really nice dude. I mean he specifically remember him being how great he was and how gracious he was in studio with us. And it was a bit of a language barrier and stuff, but he was just so cool. He was such a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, the like you hurt me too, Like, oh he hit the wrong guy. Yeah, but five years still seems too much. It's a non life threatening.
Speaker 4: Like is it one of those where it's like when you're a fighter. Is that like assault with a deadly weapon? I don't know, I don't know how that is, but that's truly canned up again on his headphones.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what do he got?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 14: So it was like the family owned daycare and then the guys, the son of the owners of the daycare, molested Kane ve Alaska's son, so they allegedly, Yeah, and then Kate Velaskis went after that guy with a gun and chased them on a car chase for about twenty miles, shot into the vehicle and ended up wounding the stepfather that was in the car too. Okay, So that's the whole reason why he's gained the five years. Okay, Now the guy that allegedly molested Kine's son is going into trial pretty soon also, so, and then they ended up closing down the the daycare.
Speaker 12: They can't no longer own a daycare and stuff.
Speaker 2: So okay, I thought just Kane had just you know, clicked the guy's jaw. The guy that allegedly did it was in the car. Also, okay, that makes sense. That makes sense.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so it was a long story. But Kaine Balaska said that he look, look man, I lost it. Whatever, I'll take my punishment. He said, I cost danger to a lot of people and stuff.
Speaker 2: So we'd all lose it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we may all lose it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying what he did was right, but geez, you know, you touch your kid and somebody.
Speaker 14: Messes with your kid elderly I'm telling you, man, when you when you mess with elderly people, females and kids, good luck, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah true, all right, thank you Chilie for clearing that up. That makes a little bit more sense. I got tickets.
Speaker 1: I got tickets to go see live Collective Soul on the Summer Unity Tour.
Speaker 2: Our Lady Peace is going to join them.
Speaker 1: And Grayland James Roots really cool.
Speaker 2: I then somebody's gonna email and say, well, Ron, this is who that is.
Speaker 1: Tell me it's August fifteenth, seven one three Music Hall tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster locations seven one three, two, one two five, nine four five.
Speaker 15: Uh, let's take no call her ten. Maybe there is there a call in ten? Is there a call ten available?
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two one two five, nine four five. Give us a call. There's three doors down ninety four five the buzz Sunny skies today. Low chances of rain, high of eighty nine for the phones. Good morning Martin, Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, who's this.
Speaker 6: There's Kyle.
Speaker 2: Pancakes or waffles? Kyle waffle? You call her ten?
Speaker 6: No way, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: If you would have said pancakes, I'm excited you would have said pancakes.
Speaker 1: I think your caller nine if you pancakes. But because you are right on that waffle thing. Now, somebody said that makes the difference in the world. Is there a difference between crispy waffles and soft waffles.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I guess I don't. It's just like toast.
Speaker 1: You got to toast them just the right amount, the right aunt. You know, Yeah, you know want that either. Hey, Kyle, you're calling number ten. I'm gonna give you tickets to go see live Collective Soul the Summer Unity Tour with our Lady Peace and then.
Speaker 2: Someone called Grayln James Rue. I had to go look her up. We're gonna give you those tickets. Okay, I'm so excited.
Speaker 9: Then, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: My brother is gonna he's not gonna believe it. Are you gonna bring your bro?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, we won't.
Speaker 2: Let a few years ago, my financial cener. It was great.
Speaker 6: They were there with I can't even think of her name right now.
Speaker 2: You went to it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, bro, thank you, you and your brother? Have you and your brother have an awesome time? Okay, appreciate you. Look, appreciate you. It's Kyle. I don't know who this.
Speaker 4: James feel the same.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm playing your wife's favorite artist right now, Alex.
Speaker 1: Well after Taylor, this is Grayland James Rue, which sounds like a lacrosse player. Man, she's only five thousand followers on Instagram. I say that, like, only five thousand whose dad is running the tour?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Maybe is her last name? Live Nation? What she's about to blow up?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Maybe? And this is it? Yeah? Yeah, you gotta be careful what you say.
Speaker 4: Next time we talk about Grayln, We're gonna be like, hey, remember when we were like, why.
Speaker 2: Should only have five thousand followers? Yeah, I'm gonna be five million.
Speaker 4: Gone doesn't feel I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool to put something, I mean, Live, Collective Soul in our Lady Piece.
Speaker 2: All three of those bands really make sense to be on the same stage. And then you just got it. But are you throwing her to the wolves?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I kind of like when sometimes like a band will see, uh, like they'll see somebody that's like at a at a bar or something or another show that they're watching and like, hey, why don't you come on tour with us?
Speaker 3: Like that might be what happened here.
Speaker 4: Or.
Speaker 2: Her people may have bought her way onto this tour. That's not that. That's a thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that you can, like there's buy your ways on to things where you're actually paying to be out on a tour just to get the exposure.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's very common actually, and you wouldn't know about it because all you as a rock fan whatever, a music fan, all you want to hear is the concert announcement and who's coming, and you don't want to know the ins and outs of all. It's the music business. That's always talked about on this show, and uh yeah, there's I mean, it's you feel like it's about to rock, and then I don't think it kicks in. Dude, it's just kind of like a dude in the guitar. It's black and whitey, it's grainy. It's uh yeah, I think that's I think that's it.
Speaker 2: It's good driving music, though.
Speaker 3: Is it sounds like it really highway?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean maybe a C D C. It's a long win man, all right. I just learned about Grayle and I don't want to hate on her, right obviously drive two different things. Yeah, clearly. I did get a message from Ashley with an eye.
Speaker 1: Today is Cerebral Haulsey Day, Cerebral Haulsey Awareness Day, March twenty fifth. I know she sends us a lot of updates and pictures, and I've met Xander her son and she said that he's really come a long way and he's doing all most sorts of physical therapy and things like that. Now she reminds me every year about that. So those are the types of days that I definitely, you know you're gonna take time to take time for stupid waffles. I think I grew up calling it cerebral palsy, and then the telethon and Buffalo became the cerebral Palsy Telethon.
Speaker 2: So it's yea. So it's the.
Speaker 1: Awareness day today, So shout out to that. Thank you for passing that along, Ashley with an I.
Speaker 12: Rod Ryan Show, all rightdo that work.
Speaker 2: I had Empire upon Empire.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the buzz Red Hot, Chili Pepper is hand under the bridge, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. So I'm telling Alex while the song is playing something that I just on the internet, and You're like, okay, cool story, and then you leave. And then when you went away, Chili hops on his mic and said, hey, man, you see a story about the song ended the song because he didn't know that he couldn't hear us, And I said, I just got done telling Alex that story. So Chillie, you saw the same clip that I did. That was just kind of circulating recently. Chili Pepper's recorded that album Blood Sugar, Sex Magic with the great Rick Rubin, who's a legend, and apparently they got frustrated they couldn't come up with an ending of the song. So so you hear those like the background singers in there. John Fraschante is like, we don't I don't know what we need for the end of the ending of this song. Calls his mom and invites his mom, Gail and her friend, say, would you come down to the studio they were recording in that mansion if you ever saw that documentary.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: He gets his mom and her friend from the church choir, and here's the clip from the studio of him talking to his mom.
Speaker 2: It's just on rhythms. You should just lock up more and emphasize the right one.
Speaker 3: So let's just sing it once or listen to me singing it once.
Speaker 2: Three under the bag downtown is where at you? Something under the bridge downtown? He's teaching his mom.
Speaker 1: Now do you think his mom knows what what's going on and what blood is being drawn under the bridge?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like, did he explain that to his mom? I mean, she's not dumb.
Speaker 11: I get.
Speaker 2: So he's teaching his mom the song, and then mom and friend from the church choir wrap up the song. Guys, that's awesome. That is like I can say, like I'm listening to that song with whole New Years now Chili is that how you saw it as well?
Speaker 14: And I was like two weeks ago old when I knew what that when they were saying in that part right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I always knew that that song was about a friend that had passed away.
Speaker 12: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: And then I didn't know that they were saying under the bridge, you know, bad things are happening under that bridge.
Speaker 12: So then I was like, oh, so that's why I call it under the bridge.
Speaker 2: Mom. In the church choir, though, they come in and they kill the ending of that song. Oh it's so good. I was so happy to see that clip.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, Chili Peppers out to Chili Peppers, but John Chante is just next level.
Speaker 2: He's just next level genius. And now you know he comes you know, his mom, and I think his whole family's you know, musically inclined, so that helps, I think.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 12: I like stories like that.
Speaker 2: I love stories like that. I couldn't believe how great it was, you know.
Speaker 1: And then the half the video cameras rolling and he's teaching his mom the lyrics.
Speaker 12: And the funny thing is when fleas telling that part of the story, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's just like what what's going on here?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And then they just took the song and then obviously it just crescendos and then it just ends on that magical moment.
Speaker 2: But man, having your mom sing on your album.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, well that's easily google a ball and you need to go watch that and watch John Teacher's mom.
Speaker 2: The lyrics. Man, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 16: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The bus twenty four or five. The bus is so heavy at the end there. Awesome, that's breaking.
Speaker 1: Benjamin and awaken. This is your Rod Ryan Show, trying to awaken you all morning long. Sunny skies today, low chances of rain, hies them around eighty nine. We're gonna play the Don't be a Pig game next hour. We'll have to do an example round with the twins. But this is not gonna win your Shine Doown tickets today Shinedown Bush and then Morgan Waite.
Speaker 2: We all know her. She's on that bill as well. August twenty seven, Good morning Alex, Good morning rod. Could you give us some Houston's headlines please? I sure could please.
Speaker 4: A scandal has erupted over battle plans in Washington. Jeffrey Goldberg, who's the editor in chief of the Atlantic, says that he was mistakenly added to a group chat involving top Trump administration officials, including Defense Secretary Pete Hegsith and Vice President JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 4: He says that the chat discussed sensitive details about planned airstrikes against Huthy targets in Yemen, covering specifics like weapons, targets, and timing. Goldberg received an unexpected connection request on March eleventh from an account named Mike Waltz, who he believed to be a national security advisor. Two days later, he says he was added to a group titled HOUPC Small Group. Despite his initial skepticism about the chat's authenticity, Goldberg realized its legitimacy when seeing operations discussed in it. The National Security Council acknowledged the authenticity of the messages and it is investigating how Goldberg was included in them. President Donald Trump told reporters yesterday that he hasn't been aware of the story that was published by Goldberg, and said, quote, I'm not a big fan of the Atlantic. To me, it's a magazine that's going out of business.
Speaker 2: Got a double down. Yeah, he's got a double down. He hates it. He was going to tell you.
Speaker 1: So you're on this text message, do you say, guys, yeah, I'm probably not supposed to be here.
Speaker 4: No, No, you'll see if anything juicy happens. I guess you do that, right, especially if verygo reporter? Yeah wrong, got include them? Yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: Attacks on Tesla facilities continue around the country, with multiple incendiary devices at a Tesla dealership in Austin yesterday morning. The Austin Police Department responded to reports of suspicious items and called in the bomb Squad, which safely secured the devices without an incident. The FBI has established a task force to investigate the attacks and has labeled them as domestic terrorism. Since Elon Musk began his role with the Trump administration's Department of Government Efficiency, there has been at at least forty eight incidents targeting Testla properties, including arson, gunfire, and graffiti. The FBI urges the public to remain vigilant around Tesla facilities. Fireball Whiskey is giving out a lifetime supply of its product, but there's one big wrinkle.
Speaker 3: To win, you have to be at least ninety years old.
Speaker 4: They claim that They're doing it because Fireball is oddly popular with older demographics. So now anyone born in nineteen thirty five or earlier can sign up at lifetime supply of Fireball dot com. Or if you're young enough to drink but too old to use a computer, you can nominate them. Or if they are young enough to drink but too old to use a computer, you can nominate them. You just have to explain why they deserve to win an upload a photo. Up to fifteen winners are going to be announced next month, and a deadline to apply is March thirty.
Speaker 1: First Top five Pit Pull song, Top five Oh yeahocks.
Speaker 2: O love this song.
Speaker 4: Lizzo is going to start in a biopic about sister Rosetta Tharp, also known as the Godmother of rock and roll. Tharp is a gospel singer who mixed spiritual lyrics with electric guitar and this is her right Now. She blew up in the thirties and forties and influenced everyone from Chuck Berry to Little Richard. Even went as far to influence Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Eric Clapton. The movie's gonna take place at a time when Tharpe was preparing to play the first ever stadium show in music history, while also having to hide her love for another woman.
Speaker 2: There's no release date, it's been announced yet. Nineteen forty four. Our music history kids.
Speaker 1: Some people say, strange thing, strange things happening every day. Maybe the first rock and roll record ever. So yeah, it's in the history books. And there's an argument, what's the.
Speaker 2: First rock and roll record? I don't know. That's a lot of experts point to that one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Metallica's Kirkhammett is Kirk Hammett is working on a solo album. He's describing it as a fusion of all sorts of styles. The project is going to be him it's first full length solo album, following his twenty twenty two instrumental EP Portals. The upcoming album is expected to feature vocal tracks and show off a broader range of his musical influences and some Metallica news, Hamlett says that he's accumulated seven hundred and sixty seven new riffs for the next Metallica album, but that he doesn't see the band working on it for at least another year, which means that he's got plenty of time.
Speaker 2: To round out that to an even thousand. Those are Uston's headlines. Well, thank you for those headlines. Got any sports in.
Speaker 16: You over there?
Speaker 2: I assured you I'm gonna get that. The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host the.
Speaker 3: Hawks at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Coming into this one is eight and a half point favorites Tip Office at seven o'clock and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, Astros beat the Sugarland Space Cowboys eight to four in an exhibition game last night. They're going to play the Space Cowboys again at dyk and Park tonight before opening up the regular season on Thursday first at seventeen, And you can hear that one on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k H.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on is Okay, we're gonna play Don't Be a Pig. Next hour. Someone's going to win some shine Down ticket.
Speaker 1: I mean, somehow somebody's gonna win Shine Down Bush tickets.
Speaker 2: On the show. We'll get rolling with that at around eight twenty. So Sit tight.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park half point part of the show pitbok halfway point already, Yeah, Sat oh seven, we could see the hide today of eighty nine sunny skies. With the low chances of rain, We're gonna play don't be a pig coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I'll explain how to play the game.
Speaker 1: And we'll have the Twins kind of help us out with an example round. This is how you're gonna win Shine Down Bush tickets for the show August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: There's a show that I am going to announce.
Speaker 1: And give away tickets to probably closer to around nine nine oh five or so, like after nine o'clock. We'll get to those tickets in that show, all right, and then we'll continue giving away tickets for the rest of the week before they go on sale. It's the tickets are going on there's no I mean, that's not gonna timp I don't think tickets are going on sale Friday at ten am at Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can reverse track that. Okay, give me everything that's going on sale today Friday at ten. I don't think it works that way. Favorite TV show of all time, Alex.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess it's weird because it's like this is like a show you can just watch over and over again.
Speaker 2: There's certain shows that, like Sopranos is up there.
Speaker 4: We're like, okay, I think like Sopranos is a better quality than the Office, but the Office is like that's my safety show.
Speaker 2: Comedy television. Is it your favorite me television?
Speaker 1: Comddy, Yeah, Like this is your friends, this is your Seinfels, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Your like even older people cheers, this is your mash like.
Speaker 4: Breaking Bad, Lost. We're like, the Sopranos were like some of my favorite shows of all time. Now Severn's kind of is too.
Speaker 2: But man, everyone's talking about Severance. I just will somebody email me.
Speaker 4: I'd love to talk about the finale right now, and I really my wife doesn't watch it, and that's why I talk about shows with the most and I really just want to talk about the finale with people.
Speaker 1: I flat out set on this on this radio show, which has a pretty good whack of people listening.
Speaker 2: I said, Alex needs a Severance buddy. Somebody just be myence buddy. He needs a severance pal. A lot of stuff happened and I'm just holding it all in.
Speaker 1: He's he's holding Severance Club. I'm gonna explode. And there's one member like he wants Severance Club and he's got nobody in there to talk to him. I know people are watching the show, what none of us can help him or Chili and I can't help him.
Speaker 4: Chili's watching Dexter though, and my wife and I rewatching that, so that that's kind of a bond that me and Chili get to have help that.
Speaker 2: I'd love to talk to seventh with anyone.
Speaker 1: I am definitely interested in getting in on Severance because they've just been approved for a third season.
Speaker 2: Third season. Yeah, okay, So The Office twenty years old this week. Yep.
Speaker 1: Umm, you tell me if there's just something this isn't gonna be good for anybody that didn't watch The Office. They put out the best Moments, the twenty five best moments in the history of the Office, and he guessed at what number one might be the is there one all time meme, one thing that everyone knows that the Office? There's a million memes and there's a million funny scenes, is there one that is just everyone knows that that's the moment.
Speaker 4: The hardest I ever laughed. It was after a Super Bowl too, so it was a good time to air it. When Dwight says this time smoking's gonna save lives, and no one listened to his fire talk, and so he lights a fire in the office and then Stanley as are attack.
Speaker 2: I do not see that in the top five. That was the best cold open on the Office for sure.
Speaker 1: Number five Michael explains how he grilled his foot, which is pretty timely because it was out of George Foreman grill right, yep, okay. Number four Pam hugs Michael at the airport. Oh yeah, it was his last show season seven, So tear jerker. That was the last Steve Carrell episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, but.
Speaker 1: Twenty years old. This week Top twenty five best moments. Here's your top five. Number three Prison Mike scares dunder Mifflin straight. That was good from the Convict season three.
Speaker 2: The mentors were the scariest thing at prison. You gotta think about chicks watching that show too.
Speaker 1: Jim kisses Pam from Casino night as this the first time that they kind of admitted that they were a couple maybe going back and forth, and okay, cat and Mouse yep, the only waited until season two, so they didn't make you wait too long. And the number one moment all time for The Office Kevin spills the chili. Chili Yeah from Casual Friday, season five. Do you understand why that would be?
Speaker 4: Absolutely that he spills it and then he just keeps slipping in it. And then if you have you never seen The Office, just go look up Kevin's chili scene and that's it. It's like you're talking like it's a cold open. He's talking about how passionate he is about his chili. He gives you his like way to make the chili, and then he brings it in for the Office and just it it falls, he drops it and then he's trying to pick it up and just keeps sliding in it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen an episode of the Office from start to finish. I watched three episodes yesterday. It's on Comedy Central now and that's just my background.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I I got cable finally at the new place, so that's what I just leave it on.
Speaker 1: Those memes that you're seeing still daily twenty years old. It's a twenty year old television show. Now you're old, buddy, you're old.
Speaker 4: I remember I was telling you a while ago that like Hulu used to just be you watch you didn't get to watch the night before.
Speaker 2: Hulu was just like it was free. You'd watch a ton of ads with it.
Speaker 4: But it was like I remember watching the last season of the Office every like the following day every time on on Hulu and like, yeah, that's that's that's crazy that Hulu's like evolved that much too.
Speaker 2: Well, take a short break.
Speaker 1: When we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up to play dope be a pig to win some great concert tickets.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody making some arrangements here to play a little game on the air with you guys to win some concert tickets.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you all about that coming up.
Speaker 1: But first, sunny skies today, low chances of rain hides.
Speaker 2: Them around eighty nine.
Speaker 4: Alex Uh, what's your what's your show? You like the office or Severance Severance. Yeah, and I'm getting some people emailing. I would love to talk to anybody, So if you, if you were hearing this in the podcast, hit me up. Let's talk Severance. I got theories, I got ideas, I got questions. Severn's Club, yes, Seventh Club.
Speaker 2: You got torn Club. I want Severn's Club. He's had to get into it. He's had no one to talk to.
Speaker 1: He's been watching the show Severance, and I know a lot of people are watching it and it's getting really good reviews and apparently the ending the last episode.
Speaker 2: Wild Yeah, I heard it was awesome.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I want to watch how many episodes per season?
Speaker 3: I think they're ten in this one and like nine or ten in the first one.
Speaker 2: That's manageable to me.
Speaker 3: Twenty hours, but yeah, it's a good Like, let's watch this before bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got me to watch the Sopranos. There's like fifty episodes in season ten.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, yeah, the Game of Thrones did where they turned the last season into two seasons to call it the last season.
Speaker 1: So that's manageable. So you got some friends in your club over there, excited? Okay, what's trending international Waffle.
Speaker 2: Day is trending. We were talking about that earlier.
Speaker 1: Today it's two to one pancakes or waffles. Happy International Waffle Day.
Speaker 2: What's better?
Speaker 1: Sixty seven percent of you say waffles, thirty two percent of you say pancakes.
Speaker 2: Waffle. People are getting this one, right, I think so? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: The seventh is to have a waffles so you can get rewarded for waffles.
Speaker 2: If you're you're good for the quarter? Oh is that what Happeneah? That's a fun part, funny other thing.
Speaker 4: Juju Watkins is continuing to trend this morning. The usketball player she's uh, I mean she was. There's two superstars in women's college basketball this year, Kaylyn Clark in the WNBA, Juju Watkins at USC and Paige Bukers at Yukon. And Juju Watkins tore her acl last night against Mississippi State in the second round of of the women's tournament. That's really really sad stuff. But everybody's talking about like what that's gonna mean. Is she gonna go back a year? Is she gonna like what's she gonna do? So Juju Watkins is trending and then Tattooesday continues to trend as well. I'm really loving on tat Tuesday. Featured this Morning, Amy Quinn, submitted by an anonymous listener who definitely should have put their name on this one. Go check her out at the Worldavis Road Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: You've got a little powerhouse pops for me, I do. Could you get that form it please? Because I'd like to play a game Don't be a pig about it? Well, I'm trying not to and I know it's around here somewhere.
Speaker 4: Don't be a pig.
Speaker 14: Not a pig.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got it.
Speaker 1: The name of the game is don't be a Pig. Now I have shined down Bush Morgan Wade tickets, I mean Real Housewives. Everybody knows Morgan Wade now right.
Speaker 2: I've had an explain it.
Speaker 1: I had it explained to me several times yesterday, all of them with her August twenty seven, Toyota Center. Now, Don't Be a Pig is the game where I give you, guys some clues and you try not to think dirty thoughts. And I'm looking for a word in this instance here, not words, just a word. Look at Chili's Chili's headphoned up and ready to go. He's like, put me in, coach, my Chili, pass the ball, Cody passed the ball.
Speaker 2: You ready to you you need to go first? Then oh crap, right there he is.
Speaker 1: He's all jumping around, jumping around thinking that okay, you know, like Alex is gonna go first, and then he'll just be teed up.
Speaker 2: No, you're going first, all right, all right, here we go, Chilli. The name of the game. I'm a four letter word that ends in the letter t oh god, fart, show me fart. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, someone someone listening to the radio is saying, well, wait a minute, a four letter word that the other clues. It's not gonna make any sense. It's not going you're going to realize that that's not the word Alex. Yes, I'm a four letter word that ends with the letter t.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: No checking the tape on this game. When I'm hard, I take too long. When i'm hard, I take too long.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, no idea. You're gonna leave it, said Chili.
Speaker 4: I am all right.
Speaker 2: I'll let you tag.
Speaker 1: I'll let you let the Twins tag team on this last one here because you're gonna line up three people.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm a four letter word that ends in the letter T. When I'm hard, I take too long. Remember, what I'm looking for is not dirty. I know that sounds horrible on the radio. When I'm hard, okay, you heard it, I can think it's there. Yeah, when I'm hard, I take too long, I can be taken. Orally, four letter word ends in T. When I'm hard, I take too long, I can be taken orally.
Speaker 2: I am. You're thinking about your TV show over there. I know you are.
Speaker 4: Probably I was a severed employee right now, I'd be able to focus on this one hundred percent.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I can't think of any He's in this little new club over this. There's a tough one chili. You don't have an excuse?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I can't mean he's.
Speaker 2: A blue for letters ham titty?
Speaker 1: What he is?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Who moved my I don't be a pig button? Okay? A tough one test? Okay, test.
Speaker 4: I think in medicine because when taking early.
Speaker 12: See, that's why I got out of school so I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have to do Yeah, I I was told you I don't have to take tests yeah, e st all right, you pigs, So don't do that and give me three people. Give me three three people that are awake and ready to rock this thing. If somebody gets it on the first clue, they get it on the first clue. But whoever guesses the word is going to get the shine down. Bush Morgan Wade Ticket seven one three.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on nine, the Bus, five.
Speaker 1: The bus, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That is nickel back and how you remind me? Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. So don't do what you heard on the show earlier today. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy tattooesday everyone. It is a wonderful feature that is on the world famous Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. We got sunny skies today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain pies up around eighty nine. If you can hit me up with a little that powerhouse pop over here, I'm going to go over to the phones.
Speaker 2: And uh and see what we've got. Thank you, don't be a pig. Tiffany, Yes, Hi, good morning. I said, bring me people that are awesome.
Speaker 1: He brought me you, he said, Chili said, he goes, I have all awesome people for the game today, because he feels like him and his twin didn't get it done.
Speaker 2: So he said, you were awesome. We've had people in the history.
Speaker 1: Of this game, we've had people get it on the first guests, on the first clue. I'm looking for a word. It is not dirty, not dirty at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's not not a pig. They're nice. They're nice.
Speaker 1: Tiffany, I'm gonna give you a clue. Tell me the word that I'm looking for today.
Speaker 2: Pump my crank to get a rise out of me. Don't be a don't time out time we gotta dump you. Did you just say something you're not supposed to say in the radio?
Speaker 17: No, I said, okay, So the gave already, do they apply? Also the guesses that we just did, the clues that that Rod gave already.
Speaker 1: Now, no, this is a brand new game. That's the first clue. That's the first clue. Pump my crank to get a rise out of me. What's the word I'm looking for, Tiffany, Don't be a pig.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need an.
Speaker 1: Answer in three day two in one fever a lever, not bad, not a bad guess, Tiff, and I'm gonna put.
Speaker 6: You on hold.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put you on hold. I may come back, Okay, I may come back. I make come back if no one gets it.
Speaker 1: Dwayne, Good morning, Twaine, Good morning, Ride, Good morning, Dwayne. Welcome to the Don't Be a Pig Game. I thought she said something that, well, you're not allowed to say on the radio. I also thought, so, I'm not sure what you and I both heard over here, but I'm in see. Oh uh, listen, Dwayne, you're getting two clues. The first clue was pump my crank to get a rise out of me. Your second clue, Dwayne, in the word I'm looking for, you have to do os mio. You have to get me up to get your nuts off. Where's that crow coming from?
Speaker 2: Is there a crow in here? Clearly, Dwayne, you have two clues.
Speaker 1: Now for the word I'm looking for, pump my crank to get a rise out of me, you have to get me up to get your nuts off.
Speaker 2: I went to school for this. I went to school for this. Kids, What was your guess, Nutcracker, I don't know, nut Cracker, show me get that crow out of here, please. I know it just not a nutcracker doing. But I'm also going to put you on hold, but we're gonna rely. We're gonna rely on Aaron. Good morning, Hi, Aaron. How are you. I'm doing all right, Aaron. I'm looking for a word. It's not dirty. It's one word. It's a simple word.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to give you all three clues, and I'm going to ask you to give me the word.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: First clue, First clue, pump my crank to get a rise out of me.
Speaker 2: Okay, erin okay. Second clue, when you're flat, I don't know when you have.
Speaker 1: The second clue is when you have to get you have to get me up to get your nuts off. I'm sorry about that one, Aaron. And your third clue is when you're flat you need me?
Speaker 2: Is it a jack? I feel like you knew it all along.
Speaker 1: I really kind of.
Speaker 2: What you didn't write anything down. You're in your little TV show club over there. That's the second one. Yeah, we got a winner, Aaron. Congratulations. Yeah, it's a jack. It's a jack. Did you have it on the first tour? That last one was that was the killer.
Speaker 4: The second one gave me the biggest hint.
Speaker 9: The nuts probably didn't tell that I was driving and I saw nuts on tires.
Speaker 2: Some nuts on tires when you were driving. Yeah, look at those nuts right there. I'm doing it all the time. They're so distracting. There's nuts everywhere on the highway.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Aaron Shine Down Dance Kid Dance Tour with.
Speaker 2: Bush and Morgan Wade, August twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: Great job today, Congratulations Aaron, Thank you, thank you so much for playing.
Speaker 2: Let's get right into a break.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Aaron would put you on hold. I don't know what she was doing over there, but you know what, she got the job done. Aaron is your winner. She's not a pig. Houston. Houston, so alternative and.
Speaker 11: Tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the buzz ninety four or five buzz fuel hemorrhage in my hands, Rob Ryan Show, tattooesday, Sunny skies today, low chances.
Speaker 1: Of ray and I see nothing really over a ten percent chance. Highs up around eighty nine today. Do have a bit of a concert and have a bit of a content.
Speaker 2: It's a concert announcement. I'm gonna give away the first pair of tickets too.
Speaker 1: That's coming up after nine o'clock. So sit around, stay with us through that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave you with a wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 1: Get an update from Chili to see if we got people signing up for read my lips. Hey, if you can pull yourself out of your little TV show club, okay, I'll try it.
Speaker 2: He's all excited. I am, I finally have friends.
Speaker 1: Now he's got friends there that watch the same TV show. I said, what's it called Severance? Yeah, he said on the air the other day, like the guy's got no one to talk to here about severance.
Speaker 2: No one bid on that. But now you've got a bunch of emails coming out. You got friends. Finally? Is em watching this with you? No, that's why you really feel all along?
Speaker 3: She's usually I talk about theories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I have no one? He got no one? Okay, Now you got Vio Severns Club? All right?
Speaker 1: If you can shut down Severns Club for a minute, I can't. If I can give you some headlines, pretty.
Speaker 2: Second, will thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A scandal has he repted over battle plans in Washington. Jeffrey Goldberg, who is the editor in chief of the Atlantic, says that he was mistakenly added to a group chat involving top Trump officials and including Defense Defense Secretary Pete Hegsith and Vice President JD.
Speaker 2: Vancy.
Speaker 4: Says that the chat discussed sensitive details about planned airstrikes against Hoothy targets in Yemen, covering specifics like weapons, targets, and timing. Goldberg received an unexpected connection request on March eleventh from an account named Mike Waltz, who he believed to be the National Security Advisor. Two days later, he says he was added to a group titled HOUTHYPC Small Group. Despite his initial skepticism by the chat's authenticity, Goldberg realized the legitimacy of it when seeing operations discussed in it. The National Security Council acknowledged the authenticity of the messages and is investigating how Goldberg was included in them. President Donald Trump told reporters yesterday that he wasn't aware of the story that was published by Goldberg and said, quote, I'm not a big fan of the Atlantic. To me, it's a magazine that is going out of business. Telman Furtita says that he will resign from his companies if he is confirmed as the US Ambassador to Italy. The Houston billionaire is the owner of dozens of restaurants around the country and is now awaiting confirmation to become the ambassador to Italy and San Marino. Fortita has submitted an ethics agreement letter explaining how he will divest from his various holdings if he has approved. Those include Landry's Morton Steakhouse, The Palm, Joe's Crabshack, Bubble Gump Shrimp Company, and Rainforest Cafe, and many more. Telman noted that he will forfeit a promised severance package from his company for Tita Entertainment, but we'll receive a lump sum of deferred compensation after his resignation and continue to maintain a passive interest in the companies, but will not provide services material to the production of the income.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing's getting done without him knowing what's happening his company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta know.
Speaker 4: He will still remain the owner of the Houston Rockets, though that is not considered a conflict of interest.
Speaker 2: He's just going to move a few things around. Believe me.
Speaker 4: He put his buddy in charge. Yeah, and his buddy'll be like, hey, Tillman, what we want to do here? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a guy that obviously became a billionaire by being incredibly smart at that that industry, and maybe the mom I don't know. I don't know, but I know you've got to move things around to take this job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Things are still going across his desk. Yeah, whether it's an official email or it's like, hey, you know, we're out of these napkins. You know, I think he's that guy, like he's like, no, you use these napkins.
Speaker 3: And then his wasn't it his brothers that started UFC?
Speaker 2: Cousins cousins something like that.
Speaker 4: Patitas were part of UFC's founding, which is cool. The genetics testing company twenty three and Me has filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection following some difficult years after going public in twenty twenty one. Known for its saliva based test kits that offer customers to look into the genetic ancestry of them, twenty three and Meter has seen its market capitalization plummet more than ninety nine percent from a peak of six billion dollars after it failed to turn a profit. Experts are advising users to lead all of their data from the site to protect their privacy. So do that if you, if you gave them your saliva, it's bad if you. If he gets a bolt by Black Rock, former UFC star Kine Velasquez has been sentenced to five years in prison for trying to kill a man that allegedly tried to molest his four year old son at a daycare center. Instead of hitting the man he thought did it, he mistakenly hit the man's stepfather, causing a non life threatening injury. Velasquez later admitted that what he did was quote very dangerous to other people and said that he would accept whatever punishment comes his way. The alleged molester goes to trial in June on a felony account for lude acts with a minor.
Speaker 1: Checked that earlier, about an hour ago, two hours ago, we were talking about this and.
Speaker 2: Chile kind of cleared a lot of chased him down in a car. But when you said hit like we just take a shot. Yeah, no, hit with a bullet, Yeah okay.
Speaker 4: Evan Essence is going to have a new single in the Netflix series Devil May Cry. The band is set to release their song after Life this Friday, but a lyric video for the track is going to premiere on Thursday at eleven am hour time, featuring exclusive clips from the upcoming Netflix animated series Devil May Cry is based on the hit Capcom video game franchise, and his scheduled to be released next Wednesday. Those are Shuston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move right into sports.
Speaker 4: The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Hawks at the Toyota Center. They're at eight and a half point favorites right now coming into this one. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And then in baseball, the Astros beat the Sugarland Space Caboys eight to four in an exhibition game last night. They're gonna play the Space Caboys again at Dykin Park tonight before opening up the regular season on Thursday. First pitch is at seven to ten, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kth.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I got two flight stories coming up that I want to talk about. Okay, yesterday's story.
Speaker 2: Was what the guy that was in there with constipation and the pilot kicked him out. They had land here in Houston.
Speaker 1: So I got two other flight stories, and these are just horrific because I'm just thinking of being on that plane and having to go and turn around somewhere or land where I don't want to land. That's it evolves that we're gonna find out what boomer asking is. You're asking boomer asking, Yeah, and it's not making fun of boomers. That's not what it has.
Speaker 2: To do with at all.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna get into that sprinkle in a concert announcement, some concert tickets. It's gonna be a good, pretty good little hour I got.
Speaker 2: Planned for you and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Pearl Jam's Better Man.
Speaker 2: Nine oh five.
Speaker 1: We got some brand new concert tickets coming your way in just a little bit. I wouldn't go anywhere if I were you that don't touch anything. Sunny's guys for your tattooesday. No chances of rain, highs of around eighty nine. Always hoping that you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for hanging with us. A little bit.
Speaker 1: I told you I had a couple of airplane stories, though, and I feel like I'm bringing one in each and every day, at least this week, I am. Yesterday it was the dude that was in the bathroom coming back from Mexico going to Jersey.
Speaker 2: He was in the matinom for thirty minutes constipation. Hey man, we don't judge what you do with the vact Okay, yeah I did.
Speaker 1: That pilot had had enough. They yanked him out of there. They had to force land here in Houston. Today's idiot.
Speaker 10: Is uh.
Speaker 1: A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing on a flight from Kansas City to Phoenix. A passenger wouldn't stop flicking his lighter. Somehow we got lighter through it. When a flight attendant asked him to give it up, he refused to give up the lighter. Pilot said, we don't mess with this. That's it done, diverted the aircraft. Passenger was removed by law enforcement. Everybody's got to go reroute. Yeah, because some idiot won't stop flicking his lighter.
Speaker 4: When you cause a plane to have to do stuff like that, I feel like you should be responsible for paying for everyone else flights the rest to like you have to pay for their connecting flights at that point.
Speaker 2: Did you see the movie Full Metal Jacket.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, there's a scene where they go and they the guy's on the top bunk, right, and they throw a sheet over them, and two guys hold the sheet down and everybody takes their bar of soap. They put it into their pillowcase and everybody comes and takes a crack out of them. Okay, they do that to pile private pile. You saw the movie, You'll know it, and everybody takes a whack at them. Everybody should be allowed to take a whack at that dude. You just pass out a pillowcase to every single person, throw a big bar of soap in there, and everyone you can spin it as many times as you want and then boom, you're allowed to crack the guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, because you're just ruining people's entire like day, yes day, maybe the following day.
Speaker 1: How many times are you going somewhere and it's like, okay, my flight lands here, I'm going to get to my car, are here, I check in here, I can make it to the show by here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One example, that's every time I fly, Every time I fly, I got this thing micro managed to the second time for an idiots, some asshole with a lighter because you wanted to flick your lighter. Second story, it's not the passenger's fault.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Flying overseas United Airlines from LA to Shanghai, they had to turn around over the Pacific on Saturday. The pilot forgot his passport. What yes, I mean radio wizard uses that whole thing like a pilot. Oh, you know, check your pilot checklist, you know, and you know they go through and they check all the instruments and all of that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a pilot thing. I think he's got a varso pim you get to do? You get to.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Dude, we all brought our crap. What are you talking about. You're in charge, You're the capital ship. It was already said to be a fourteen hour flight.
Speaker 1: They turned around about an hour and forty five minutes in landed in San Francisco. They swapped out the crew. That guy didn't want to be seen with everyone. They got to San Francisco about three hours after taking off from LA. Passengers were told there'd been a crew related issue. They didn't hear about you.
Speaker 2: Don't get to you don't get to lie to them. They didn't.
Speaker 1: It's a crew related issue. They didn't get to hear about the passport thing until later. It was four or five hours sitting in San Francisco. So you leave from LA you think you're going to Shanghai. You're an hour and forty five minutes in uh uh turn around. San Francisco says, they'll take the plane. We get it, We'll get you a crew. It took four or five hours before getting another crew that could make it over to Shanghai.
Speaker 2: They ended up landing in Shanghai six hours late.
Speaker 4: What if you just stayed in the plane, Like He's like, look, I'm not gonna get out of the plane.
Speaker 2: I'll stay in the plane where he fuel it up. I'll sleep here if I have to. But I'm not the pilot. I'm not gonna get I'm not gonna get out in China wherever. Oh okay, oh, I.
Speaker 1: See what you're saying. You're in the country even though you haven't left the vessel. So it's like an American vessel. United gave each passenger a fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Meal voucher for me. No, this is like would it No, that's what they got. It's what I would riot they got.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't fly because I know something like that would happen and I would not be able to do anything because you have to be on your best behavior when you're at an airport. We're in a plane, and you just can put you can put it on a no fly list, but it's like, not my fault. The pilot screwed my vacation over or whatever I was doing.
Speaker 2: When I'm in situations like that, I say it's best just to float on. That's a good idea. Just float on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throwing a little Modest Mouse in the earbuds and then bom, it's like beat.
Speaker 2: You're sitting there for six hours on the tarmac in San Francisco, so like five minutes. Yeah, Modest Mouse coming to town August twentieth.
Speaker 1: Seven to one to three Music Hall Tickets to go on sale this Friday at ten am through Ticketmaster locations. It's not just Modest Mouse, though. I went and digged. I dug up another song because I do like this band, but I absolutely love this song. Is this the best song by The Flaming Lips?
Speaker 2: Melis, Yeah, d this and Jelly.
Speaker 4: I like Jelly just because they played it Friday Lights episode and I always.
Speaker 2: Oh, I figured it was used in a couple of movies.
Speaker 1: That's the weirdest song ever name modest Mouse and these guys the Flaming Lips, who.
Speaker 2: It makes me mad.
Speaker 1: You've seen them a couple of times, and I've have to see the Flaming Lips and they're one of those bands that you have to see live because they're.
Speaker 2: Kind of a spectacle band. Huh. I saw them and.
Speaker 4: Ween back to back, and I never saw Ween either Summerfest and did you talk about just like I'm not saying weird in like the best way possible where you're just.
Speaker 2: Like what am I watching? But I'll go on record and they put on a hell of a show. I don't know if it's Gene Ween.
Speaker 1: Whatever that guitar player is is unbelievable in the Bandween, Yeah, he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Eddie van Halen like on the guitar.
Speaker 1: And he's another one that I've always wanted to see live and I never have, But I really want to see the Flaming Lips one.
Speaker 2: Of these Days's awesome live, really awesome live.
Speaker 1: Okay, so both bands August twentieth, August, She's a hell of a show.
Speaker 2: Here's your shitt don't use jelly put vacilin on past August twenty at seven to one to three. Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten am through ticketmaster dot com. Now, we like to give you tickets before they go on sale, So I'll take call a number ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: And you'll have the very first pick pair of tickets.
Speaker 16: To the show, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The rod Last.
Speaker 11: Morning Show from six to ten am, ninety four or five buzz, Thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much, welcome back. Oh we got a lot of phone lines ringing here. We had a cultured announcement and we like to give away tickets when we talk about these shows. Good morning, good morning, hellosday.
Speaker 14: Hello, this is Amber.
Speaker 2: Hello, Amber, welcome to the show. How are you today? I think about to be amazing? Are you a pancake or a waffle chick?
Speaker 3: First, we'll have to be one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say they're both great. People are having a struggle here, like listen, I'm not asking you that one for the rest of your li life. But if you had to pick one over the other, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, like the Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles, okay, yeah, I'm aff those Belgia waffles are big, you're real thick, right, yeah yeah, but they hold the butter.
Speaker 1: So the problem is I fill those gaps with too much butter. It was a little like uh little crevasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much butter. Danny shouldn't shoudn't be smart butter.
Speaker 3: Maybe you don't feel so guilty.
Speaker 2: You have smart butter. Uh huh, what is smart butter? It's lowering cholesterol that's still tasted. Yeah. Is it like margarine back in the day. It's sauce. Yeah, no, no, no, no, it's not bad like margarine.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me, Alex, you know what margarine is like batter butter. No, it was a butter alternative.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid. But then somebody told me it was like one molecule away from plastic. Oh that seems bad, and we were that. We ate that our whole lot.
Speaker 1: We never had real butter in my house, and margarine a big tub of margarine all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, thank you, margar listen your collar.
Speaker 4: Ten.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you these tickets.
Speaker 1: It's Modest Mouse and the Flaming Lips August twentieth seven, one three music.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: I've seen them both at different times, different venues. So definitely touch the Flaming Lips if you get the opportunity. It's a great, great experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another one, another one of these people that's like, oh, I know about the Flaming Lips, Rod, you don't when you know?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're in that club over there. All right, I do want to go see them. Congratulations, I Amber You're cool.
Speaker 4: Thank you awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'll have a fantastic day, Thanks you too.
Speaker 1: Already Online it's Alex online ninety four to five.
Speaker 4: The Muzz.
Speaker 2: Country Crock Crock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then it's not but my mom, no, it's Marjorie. And then my mom was like, well, why by tupperware, I can just use all these That's what my grandma had, those old country crock containers. That was our tupperware, and it works. That's why all the old soups went. Oh the old soups went to die in those country crock containers. What are you doing as an AOL today?
Speaker 4: Well, this was kind of inspired by one of Chilly's guesses in our practice round of Don't be a Pig game. It's called find the fart because it was I got a letter word that ends in tea and he said fart.
Speaker 2: I thought you probably found Hamtitty dot com. No, I mean, when I do, I will believe me that'll be an AOL.
Speaker 4: But Find the Fart is a one thousand letter word search and it's all f's, a's, r's, and t's, and the word fart is only in at one time.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I have to find the word fart. So you're finding the fart. Find the fart.
Speaker 4: See how long it takes you to find the fart. The old famous Rod Ryan show page good bus dot Com.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show where Farts are Still Funny.
Speaker 1: Of US ninety four five the bus popa Roach just brought the house down. The reviews every single person that took the time to send me some sort of a message after that, Poppa Roach, Rise Against show, Rise Against was good, Rise Against was really good according to everybody, and boy, lots of songs and why I think the overwhelming comment with rise against was Wow. I forgot they had that many songs that I knew. But everybody just was freaking out about Papa Roach and how great it was and Show of the Year and all those types of things were coming in. And that's pretty typical for what you guys say about when when you see Papa Roach here. But it seemed to be just a little bit more. You know, they're on this rise of the Roach Tour and they're just bringing in.
Speaker 2: They are absolutely bringing in.
Speaker 1: So if you were there, you know, good morning rob Ryan's Show. You know what I hadn't mentioned it a while, Yeah, the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open. So we've got a golf tournament coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the golfer portion is sold out. Okay, which is great. What I need?
Speaker 1: I need some more sponsors, but I want to thank the ones that have come in already. This is all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics, our friends. Do can Siecie come in as a title sponsor again with admiral transfer and rigging, So they come in, they write the biggest check and it's like, okay, guys, we're off and running here. I mean, they came out of the gate with this but some of our other great sponsors. Carbock of course is in Grazia Italian Kitchen.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be eating. They're gonna feed everybody afterwards, you know what I mean. That's important. It's expensive.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of golfers. It's one hundred and forty four plus. It's a lot of food to make for people. Willie's ice House, Willi's ice House and grill, hang on, love it. They're in again. They're going to be out there at a hole. Express Crane and Rigging is in this year. That's great. The great Jim Adler of course, they're in Mainland Tool, Yellowstone Landscape Company.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think I believe that's the first time that they've ever come in on this, which is great. So thank you Chris and everybody over there.
Speaker 4: R and J.
Speaker 1: Precise Welding, Stormbusters, Richard and Son's Service, Crawley Signs and Graphics. We got some whole sponsors. Bro Brad's got his own hole finally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How funny is that? Is he coming out? I don't know, probably he never does. Would you get bro Brad out there please? I'll see what I can do.
Speaker 1: There's a past the gravy podcast hole. That's always a fun hole to stop by. There's always a lot of activities there, a bunch of good stuff. Yeah, it's always a fun, fun hole. And then again another brand new one, NEC Signage is coming out to sponsor a hole, and I know that they're working on, you know, like, hey, what kind of giveaways can we have out there? And they're working on you know, they want to have like a good first showing. They haven't been out to one of our golf tournaments before. So it's awesome having some of these newer places on board. So it's not too late for you to get your business involved. There are whole sponsorships and there's other sponsorship levels. Chilely has that for you every day on links and guests. If there's any questions. Roger is the guy that kind of runs the whole tournament and he's in charge of Texas Adaptive Aquatics as well, So if you have any questions, you can email me directly. I'll get you I'll get you in contact with Roger. But let's get your business involved. Now. There's going to be an auction and I need auction items. People make things. There's people that are in our audience that are like real crafty and they're pinteresting and they do that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Those are the kinds of things that people love.
Speaker 1: If it's something that is sports related and you're doing woodworking, or it's something that's you know, American themed.
Speaker 2: I had a guy making these wooden flags one year and they were going like hot caps.
Speaker 1: You were making so much money on them, you know, and I see why he's so popular. They number one in the craftsmanship was ridiculous, but everybody wanted to get their hands on that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right now, what everybody's baseball crazy.
Speaker 1: So you know, if there's something that you make it it's maybe like astrocentric, that's perfect. You know, this is always in football town Man, anything Texans. You know something that you illegally use their logo and you get it and you cut it into some wood. I'm loving love selling illegal, illegally merchandised things.
Speaker 2: Cool. It's for charity.
Speaker 1: It's for charity. Okay, it's the Rod Ryan Show. Charity Golf open all the information about getting involved. But yeah, auction items and sponsorships is where we need some help. But thank you to all of our amazing sponsors that have already come in. Man, I love every one of you.
Speaker 2: Effects include mood swings, mood swings.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, All American.
Speaker 2: Rejects, some dirty little Secret Ran Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I just got two emails people are interested in getting involved in the golf tournament.
Speaker 2: You have to mention it a little bit more often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got two people. They're like, hey, man, i'd like to get involved. Here we go is oh I just heard from splat Houston. They're like, yeah, we'd love to sponsor a hole for the tournament. Okay, I guess it is that easy. Radio advertising works. Talk about things on the radio, people will hear it, they want to get involved in it.
Speaker 2: That goes for businesses.
Speaker 1: You hear these commercials all the time now with me saying, hey, if you want to advertise, let us talk for you.
Speaker 2: Let Alex speak for your business.
Speaker 12: I would love to do that, Alex.
Speaker 2: Would you love to speak for somebody's business out there? Nothing more than to tell people you know how great they are and your experience with them and all of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alex are the best spoke. And then you can ever get the same thing with chili Chili as well. Yeah, get these guys as spokes both of us together. Get these guys as the spokesman for your business. Advertise on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: A couple of emails came in. I told you there was a new the English language.
Speaker 2: We got a new word. Yeah, we got. And sometimes these things can be I'll take I'll even take the approach. Okay, this is infuriating. We've been doing this for years.
Speaker 1: You just came up with a new word, and it's something that we already had, but you're just calling it something different. I don't know that I've heard this before, and I'm kind of okay with it. You come in from the weekend, and maybe it's somebody that wouldn't normally always go, you know, out of the way to talk to.
Speaker 2: You or whatever, but they're like, hey, you know, how is your weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, the only reason they're asking you how your weekend is because they want you to ask them how their weekend was. It's called boomer asking, when you ask someone a question.
Speaker 2: Just so you can talk about that thing yourself. How was your weekend?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really great?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about mine. Guess what happened to me over here? A blogger coined the term a few years ago. But that's the most common. I mean, that's that's the easiest example I see of this. They say the blogger coined this term. But there's three common versions of it. There's ask bragging, like how is your vacation because let me tell you about mine? Let me tell about my vacation. There's ask complaining, how's work because let me tell you about my place? And then there's ask sharing. It's like ask bragging without the bragging. You might ask about it something random, like hey, you know, what are your thoughts on cyber trucks? Just so that you can get into the cyber truck conversation. So you're boomer asking.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: The problem is, when you get busted do it, you have to be pretty damn slick, at least around me. I would think most people, if you can pull it off, you're a genius.
Speaker 2: But I think you're gonna this is. I think it's pretty obvious what you're doing. When you're doing that.
Speaker 1: You know, the people that do it think it's a polite way to bring up something, but it just I don't think it lands.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's boomer asking. Got a new work Boomer ask, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I got some tickets here A Wall Nation. It's playing on April first over at the House of Blues. You sure, sure, go ahead, get your tickets at Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: Why not? It's A Wall Nation.
Speaker 1: They're awesome live. I gotta think Dinah is one that turned me on to seeing them live. If you want to see A Wall Nation, I have a pair of tickets for you will give them away on the flip of this break.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, come on, we can't go home just yet.
Speaker 15: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La All right, time for the show. Tickets to go see A Wall Nation April first, House Blues Alix.
Speaker 3: What show did you tell us turns twenty years old this week?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got excited. I did it, very excited.
Speaker 1: Seven to one three two one two five, nine four five. If you know the show, prove.
Speaker 4: It to go.
Speaker 1: The Buzz is right in your pocket, yo, tell you're smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart radio.
Speaker 2: There we go ninety four or five for the buzz, ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, alright, trying to do my job voice guy. All right, he was saying when I was saying ninety four five the Buzz, it's time for Know the Show.
Speaker 2: So let's get into Know the Show here. Good morning, good morning, brother rid, Hey, good morning. Here's this. Uh this is Andrea Andreas. Welcome to Difficult. It's all right. I think I think we kind of both nailed it.
Speaker 1: Nailed it meaning meaning I think we really did nail and Andreas there, Yeah, I go so glad.
Speaker 2: I'm so great to have you on Know the Show today. What's your question? What show turned twenty years old this week? The Office? One of my favorite shows, I said. Andreas is a good dude. It's a cult.
Speaker 1: It is an absolute with you guys watching it over and over and over his superior people.
Speaker 2: And Alex is not the only one.
Speaker 1: And I heard from a lot of people that have it on in the background all the time, like Alex says, you love the show, Andreas, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, love it and.
Speaker 14: I'm with Alex with severn to Alex.
Speaker 3: I'm tem Severn's let's go Saventh Cloud.
Speaker 2: Baby, all right, I can't join Severn right after the office.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Cool with that. Really, it's up there, dude. Why joined the Cloud? Rod Well, I can't because you guys will be talking about things. I want to start watching it. Start watching it. I won't spoil anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a show, all right, Well, I watched that show.
Speaker 1: You have to watch.
Speaker 2: Un let's be in another room, miss Andrea Andres.
Speaker 1: He gets it, all right, Andreas, you got tickets to go see a Wall Nation April, first house the Blues, dude.
Speaker 4: Awesome, lady, first time, first time remember winning, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You never won anything from us before, not at all, but up for quite a while. Now, Man, that's awesome. I'm glad you finally, You're glad you poked it through.
Speaker 1: All right, hang on, hang on, will set you up, Chilly will set you up with those tickets.
Speaker 2: First time winner.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: Kenny's won a few things from us.
Speaker 1: Huh. He went in Houston rough next season opener tickets this morning, fresh out of bed, head to head. He got the job done for game number three, Bill Parker, somebody said Bill Parker was on with us on.
Speaker 2: Hit the Post.
Speaker 1: That's all right, yeah, I think you won three weeks ago. Well, it doesn't matter. He's a vib he's always a winner.
Speaker 2: He's a vibe. He is a vibe. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to get Bill Parker on today. Kenny beat him. Kenny's gonna go for win number four tomorrow, fresh out of bed. Head to head every morning we play at six point twenty. So Chili's got to move everything around. He's gonna shuffle all these tickets around, BlackBerry, Smoke Live, Collective, Soul, Shine, Down Bush, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: We just announced Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips.
Speaker 1: I think Chili's gonna continue to give away tickets to see them before they go on sale this Friday at ten am. So we'll have tickets for you tomorrow as well. So a wall nation everything, all right, everything. If you haven't signed up yet to play read my Lips, it's not too late. You can do so on the world famous number one link today tat Tuesday, Number two link today was.
Speaker 2: Looking at girls. Of course. It's a good one, of course, a good one today. All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Jeremy's up next he's got the NonStop noonter. It's gonna give you a chance to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour, and then we're gonna be back in twenty hours.
Speaker 2: Right, that's all they give us.
Speaker 1: You've got a twenty hour break, and then we're gonna be back to do this all again. Be a wild card Wednesday, and then maybe we can squeeze in another game.
Speaker 2: What game do you want to play tomorrow? I do like hit the post.
Speaker 4: What you guys?
Speaker 2: What do you guys?
Speaker 1: What do you guys want to play? What game do you want to play tomorrow? Hit me up, email me Rod at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: That's it, Thank you guys so much. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: A m F.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast
Speaker 4: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com