Speaker 1: The following podcast is brought to you exclusively by the Red Rob Radio Network.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, you're rad Rob from Straight Up five with Johnny Petraglia Junior. Want to talking about a new sponsor we have, which is Eat Clean Bro. Eat Clean Bro is a great subscription program that delivers you fresh, already prepared meals that you don't have to make yourself, straight to your doorstep. Step two, cooked fresh by chefs, Eating healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing taste, which is why their chefs take special care to ensure that every meal is packed of flavor, nutrition, and satisfaction. Every meal is crafted with the utmost care and attention to detail. Step three, you just heat, eat, and enjoy. Your meals are delivered straight to your doorstep, making it easy to stay on track with your healthy eating goals without ever leaving the comfort of your home. You can enjoy a healthy and delicious meal in minutes without compromising on quality or taste. Eat Clean Bro is fresh, healthy, and convenient. It's fresh and never frozen, made from scratch and fully prepared, cooked to perfection by chefs. You can just leave it to the professionals. It's healthy, nutritional, meals, no processed food, only the highest quality ingredients delivered to your doorstep, so you can save time and focus on what matters most to you. Eat Clean Bro has been featured by The New York Post, Bloomberg, Fox News, Daily News, the Chicago Tribune, and many other websites and publications. So to start your first order, go to eatcleanbro dot com. That is eat cleanbro dot com, and we thank them for sponsoring our podcast.
Speaker 3: This is PBA Champion Kyle Trupa, hel Jigo Leger, Jeff wriggles here from eleventh Frame dot com. Hey guys, Chuck Ritchie here formerly a BOWLTV.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, this is Ryan Schaeffer of Track staff at Valley Bowling Center in Waiverley, New York.
Speaker 3: And you're listening to Straight Up five with Johnny petrak Leia Junior.
Speaker 4: Yo, the boys from Straight Up five, rad Row Dot Archer and of course JP Jr.
Speaker 3: As you know, JP Jr. Used to be introduced as a sexiest man in bowling and now the world. But he doesn't have the best hair in the world. I do, Sorry, Bud, but you know the deal. Pick it out, fear the fro baby, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Just Straight Up five with Johnny.
Speaker 1: Hard hitting, in depth, cutting edge look into the world of bowling. This podcast will not only cover all things bowling, but will also give you a raw look into real life fishues. You'll get unfettered access into the mind of one of the most gifted bowlers of this or any other generation, brig Any claim it. So, without further Ado, Let's introduce you to the hosts of the show, rad Rob, Rob Francois, Rob Rob Francois, Doctor Ocho, Doctor Ojo, and the incomparable Johnny Petraglia Junior Johnny Petraglia Junior.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, looking back to Straight Up five with Johnny Petraglia Junior. I am your host, Rad Rob Rob Francois. This is episode one thirty two. Let's see who's in the chat right now. We got Clifton Donald. What's going on? Brother? We got Neat Go Finally. Yeah, I was last minute, Bro, I had to put that little video together. So you know, it's uh, when the boss says you got to do something, you got to do it. So that's that's what I did. What's going on, Billy, What's up? What's up? What's up?
Speaker 4: Adam?
Speaker 2: Adam Bernhardt in the chat. Let's go Mets. Yeah, thanks, uh, thank you, thank you. I yeah, I'm I'm bold. Uh do they have a pop Guy's chicken meal? No, it's eat clean. Uh that's yeah, that's uh. That says itself. Apparently everybody's on the pop Eyes trains a sponsor for Popeyes. Do for you to try? If so, I'm totally in. I'll get with Jamie and we'll uh, we'll see. We'll see on that. But anyways, good evening everybody. Chuck, Richie's in the house. What's going on? Chuck, Chuck, You're gonna be on the show one day. I promise, yeah, I promise, don't don't worry about it. Uh, staying male was going on? I Nicole is here? Hello Nicole, Happy birthday. All right, let's bring in my first co host, the Male with the Golden Mask. He is the resident Doctor V Straight Up five. He has the largest arms on the podcast. He is the resident house Hacks from Halloween's the one and only Doctor Ojo. What's going on out? I haven't seen you in h two weeks?
Speaker 4: What's up? That's it? Two weeks? That's all.
Speaker 5: Still just doing my thing and looking better than most better than most, better than most, like that Tiger Woods putting two thousand on the TPC at Sawgrass number seventeen. Rob, So yes, everybody, it's Eat Clean Bro. Rob was was promoted. He was approached by Eat Filthy Bro and they even said they were gonna put a picture of his neck on every every piece of food to see if have you seen this neck? But we turned it down because we don't feel like that's part of our brand. So that's the pro that Rob is right here? FYI radical Frank Cooys, thank him, flink him for that.
Speaker 2: Radical Obert is what you used to call me. My vacation was good, Nico, I appreciate it. We had a little bit of rain and win from Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares, fucking Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Let's go thankfully it didn't have bad. But everyone here in the show gives their their thoughts and prayers to the flood victims and the hurricane victims in Georgia and Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: And easting during that moment. I mean, because I'm still giving the fans what they want.
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's bring in wait, is he there? I see an arm next to you? Is that is that? That's oops, I recognize that sexy arm. It's Johnny Petraglia Junior with the fresh cut from Georgie's.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm I'm fucking sweetly blended, sweetly blended, and huge shout out to Georgie over at Sweet Blends for the hookup with the CEO and owner of a EA clean Bro Jamie. What a pleasure meeting you today. Jamie and Georgie, thank you so much again for not only your continued support of our show, but your continued attempts to make it even bigger and even better. So thanks so much, dude. Yeah, my head is overly thankful. I mean I looked fly as fuck right now. Sorry about the f bombs really really early, but I'm in a good mood tonight.
Speaker 2: No, it's all good, and you should be in a good mood because you're a beautiful man.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, appreciate that, sir.
Speaker 2: Welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Beautiful man. This is what we do want, straight up. Five.
Speaker 2: He's a beautiful man.
Speaker 4: He really is.
Speaker 2: Uh So, yeah, get great pre cooked meals right to your door with ecleanbro dot com. I'm sure we're gonna be working on a promo code in the future and some discounts for you. Also, this literally happened today.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we're just adjusting our seats here. Everybody can see all of both of us.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody wants to see, is all of both of you for sure. Anyways, Uh so, not much has been going on since we left off. We had a J. Johnson on our last show. Was great to speak to him and talk about his Elias Cup victory a part of Las Vegas High Rollers. What else is going on? John? Oh? H Butters, Butters is kind of on a roll right now. I think it's see whenever people come on the show, they just get the straight up five rub. Nate Garcia has been his bowling better now and Butters yep, and Butters is lighting up the chackos. Uh and you think he's won two tournaments already? People already complaining that don't you live in the West Coast? What are you doing on these looks?
Speaker 4: Funny is like what we we say, Butters is killing him right now, but respectfully, Butters is always killing them.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I mean, Butter's kicked everybody's ass on the West Coast and now he's just doing what he does, he just out strikes everybody. Man. He just has he has the elixir. And obviously the transition from the purple hammer to the harder surface eurethane balls not only affected him, but a lot of players that were achieving a lot of success due to the game that they had to adapt to. Sure, and it's only a matter of time before he starts sparkling on the regular tour as he does everywhere else. He's It's just like any other top player in the world. When you're that good at something, eventually you're gonna hit a slumping We watch Aaron Judge, for Christ's sake.
Speaker 5: And you go thirteen games out a home run and they're like, oh, there's something wrong, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: No, that's actually average for most me. Meanwhile, you're one of three players multiple sixty home run seasons, yet you strike out like over one hundred times when you go to the plate every single seasons. There's times where like Pete Alonzo this year was on an over twenty two stretch, and look at the Mets now, Francisco lind Door battling back from injury. It's every single.
Speaker 5: When the bar set that high, like any any instant of tumultuous situation and they're like, ah, something's wrong. Are we really passing on the irony that Rob said, Butters on a roll?
Speaker 4: I mean, like that not be a shirt. I mean he is missing this. He is on the gravy train with biscuit wheels. No, I was with, I was with, I was with the pose. I thought we were taking pictures. Thanks, and the chat was clapping. Good timing, good timing.
Speaker 2: No, Butters is on a roll. It should be a shirt. Well, we'll definitely throw that to the to the.
Speaker 4: And put him with his wattle wattle throw thing whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Smash, that's what I smash and uh put on.
Speaker 4: Literally we were calling the art department tomorrow. We got to the part where his feet separate at like that time, like the way Evelyn's feet you like when Evelyn sits. Our front palls are this way. There is a point in Jacob's approach where both feet go this way. That should be the the image with watterle wattle crank, smash duckies too, Like that'd be fun too. We have we have a way about it.
Speaker 2: And he's in a great headspace. Now he's got a new girlfriend, he's uh, he's in a good play. And it's thank god because he had you know, he talked about his struggles this year when he was on the show a few weeks ago. But good on him man for cleaning uh, getting cleaning up his diet and getting in better shape. And I mean he's We're happy for Butters. He's a good guy.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool to see more and more professionals like we had Kyle troupon for my birthday bash a few weeks ago. Big Kroll had asked me for a nutrition plan going into the season. It's crazy that more and more the talent level is so high. And you can always argue if bowling's a sport or a game, but to be the best in anything you do, you have to be finally tuned mentally and physically. And in the bowling world, every year that goes that, that progresses more and more play. You don't see any more of the the big guys being successful week to week. And and I say that with the utmost respect. I mean, like when and when I say big guys, I mean I'm gonna, like, just to give you a prime example, you're not gonna see guys like Dale Traber or guys that are built like that every single week bowling forty something games every single week between practice, pro am and tournament, have a chance to beat guys like a Marshall Kent or you know an ej Oh.
Speaker 5: There's a fitness aspect attached to it, and it's and it's and it's even so dialed in, which is what I started asking guys about, like, because it's not like you know Johnny and I okay, Johnny, not me. I just I'm physically gifted, my bad. No, of course, I've put many hours in the gym. It's not it didn't happen overnight. But we do routine set for muscle groups, which sometimes decreased our flexibility because we shorten our muscles as we we tighten them. These guys have to work obscure muscles, accessory muscles, and I'm usually to want to jump in and talk about it when someone starts textizing, like shoot, was meal prepping and he started with these things and I'm like, you're probably doing some obscure stuf. He's like, yeah, we're doing quarter extensions, one legged lunges, one legged squats, that kind of shit totally. And you have to work the most accessory type muscles in order to bowl, because again, regardless of whether you're two handed or one hated, it's still asymmetrical. Big muscle, small muscles, it's asymmetrical. It's a big rock on one side and not on the other.
Speaker 4: And honestly, like Rob even going to because I was gonna bring this up, and I'm actually glad that Chuck Ritchie brought it up in the in the comments here, I wasn't gonna bring Wes into this equation here the same way I almost even said Steve Cook earlier, because I'm not talking about guys that are just I'm just gonna say guys that are heavier, guys that are not in like athletic condition like Bartolo Cologne. To me is one of the greatest baseball pitchers ever and he was not finely tuned. Neither was David Wells. So you do have your right now seas now rock man. But like to go with what Chuck is saying here, Wes could only bowl so many years, especially with that much spine tilt when he stands six foot four and ways to seventy. Steve Cook was upright, though Steve Cook was six seven to seventy five, but it was a little more upright. He didn't really Bet was I don't know, actually he wasn't. He wasn't as bent over as as west as at the foul line. But eventually it's a bad center to the hips and the legs could be take it's a bad center of gravity. There's and there's center of gravity and is the short part. The center gravity is the even part.
Speaker 5: When you're that tall and the weight distribution is different, it's gonna be bad again, asymmetrical.
Speaker 4: And like contrary to that, if you look at somebody like Mika, who's about like half the distance of the height between well maybe he's about Wes's heights, certainly shorter than Steve Cook, but he's very lean, he's very limber. He grew up bowling overseas where you had to throw the ball over the front part of the lane. You always chuck it. Yeah, I mean, I've said this a million times on this show. I've always thought that the anomalies in our sport are the bigger guys. Like it's it's rare to see somebody that's really really super successful that's tall or big. So when you look at somebody like Walter Ray Williams junior. Walter Ray is six foot two Walter Okay, fine, so he's like one of the exceptions. But when you look at the best in the world over the course of time, let's just go through a couple names here. We got Pete Webber, Norm Duke, Anthony Simonson, E J. Tackett, just just to name a few, Jason Belmonte, and collectively, amongst the five guys that I just mentioned, the tallest one is Belmo and he's about five to nine, maybe actually even five eight. It seems that like over the course of time, the guys that are a little bit lower to the foul line because of their height are guys that are on a more level plane when they're letting the ball go, and they can stand the test of time longer. And then you got the guys that are like kind of in the middle, say like a Brian Voss who's five to ten with the most simple compact game ever. David Ozio falls into that, Mike Alby, Ricky Ward. I just just like to spot some slightly different examples, and they look at guys like Amleto Monicelli perfectly fucking tuned as an athlete one hundred percent, but also a shorter guy five seven, five eight. I've always been I've noticed that over my life, and I feel like that's not talked about enough, where Like in football they say, hey, man, come back when you're thirty pounds heavier, or in baseball they say come back when you can throw the ball ten miles an hour faster. So if I want to throw a baseball ten miles an hour faster in one year, I'm not gonna try and build muscle. I'm gonna try and build flexibility. If I want to gain thirty pounds to be alignment in football, I'm gonna double my caloric intake, try and lift as heavy a weight as I possibly can for a certain amount of reps, and then just pile drive people into the ground. You see what they look like when they retire.
Speaker 5: They lose one hundred pounds in their first off and they're like, I don't have to They're they're they're eating for fuel and not for food. It's not even enjoyment. It's five thousand calories, Like what are our girl?
Speaker 4: Amanda just said. Sean Maldonado is a perfect example. Here's a guy who was successful and said, I want to be more successful, and the only way I could do it, the only way I can keep up with the talent pool, is to like kind of build my physical frame around to match what I have to do every single week. And these guys aren't bowling for millions of dollars. These guys are bowling for their livelihood literally every single week. I'm moselle go to see you, bab. But uh, this is one of the arguments I always have when it comes to when people measure is bowling a sport or not. I understand that the general public believes bowling is a game, but if it is your livelihood and you want to be the best in the world, it has to be treated just like anything else. Sure enough, I agreed.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, being someone who's who's been in the health of fitness and change, I mean your life around Johnny, you were you were a big guy, you know, ten years ago or so, or maybe even maybe more recently than that. But you made the choice to to change your diet, change your exercise, changr lifestyle and uh, you know, like you said, it kind of affected your bowling game because you're you're not well. There's a caveat to that. You're trying to look good naked like you always say, and you know, put on more muscle. Uh, and not as much as just staying lean like most of the bowlers are trying to do now because your frame is affected the way you throw the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Again, my my heart is not with bowling the way that it used to be. Actually, my heart is my brain isn't right.
Speaker 5: You're you're your Your bowling isn't your Your bowling isn't but bowling in itself is right. So because that's he literally goes to YouTube at the end of the night and watches bowling like that's his his rougiene.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But my my biggest thing is so like in bowling you always hear, don't chicken wing it. Try not to throw your thumb down early, and obviously all that means is get under the ball and not on the side of the ball, keep your thumb outside of your fingers. Can't chicken wing with me because my I'm into bodybuilding. I want to get I want to I want to look like a Greek god. It's actually my goal. I don't know when if that goal will ever be achieved. Well, I know how to do it, and I know what inhibits it, right, So like when I go bowling, most of the time, when I go to bowl League, I'm there. Guppy Troop said this best, and so did Carmen Salvino. When they made television, their first goal was to entertain the fans, so they came back to watch bowling, and then their second goal was to win. For me, my first goal when I go into a bowling alley is to get moderately obliterated when I drink, Like by drinking that way, I can go mingle with everybody and they can tell them how big he is, and I'm I'm I'm I'm a really really really friendly, friendly drunk. And when I'm in a bowling alley, obviously, you guys know, I get stopped by virtually everybody, whether they want to talk about getting lessons, they want to tell me a war story about my dad, they want to they want to ask me what color my shoelaces are, They ask.
Speaker 5: Them like in real life, and things like that. A lot of times it happened in Vegas. Remember, Okay, it didn't a man. That was a really nice comment. Thank you so much for it.
Speaker 4: What's up Doyle talking to me or him. She's definitely talking to me. He wants free respectly. You have the peaks, I have the width. If I were to stand in front of you, they wouldn't see you. Yeah, because I'm pasty white. Still, I actually wouldn't see you. I glow through you. I would block out the sun if you the eclipse.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're so white. I almost think you were part Irish. But you're full blood of Italian, so I don't get it.
Speaker 4: And then my second goal is to perform to my absolute best for my team. I could give a shit less if I bowl one sixty or two sixty. If my team wins, them happy. If you get three strikes in the tenth for a one to sixty to win, you're good. But here's here's the flip side to that, and the reason we even started the convo. I got into weightlifting because that lifestyle was ruining my life. It ruined my life like a million times over. I got into weightlifting because anybody that lifts weights or anybody that trains understands that alcohol is poison. And if you drink alcohol, the first thing your body has to do is process that alcohol, and four you can even start the recovery process of very empty, very empty exactly. Then you have to try and chug water, which actually just makes you sick in the initial stages. Right, So what I decided to do about five years ago was try, like, I don't want to quit drinking. I actually enjoy drinking, but just try and do it moderately. Like, for instance, today was my rest day. I'm back at the gym tomorrow. I had no problem having drinks last night in Majestic because I knew I didn't have anything to do today. But now, being forty years old, the body takes a couple of days to recover. Or It's not like we were like, let's just do this again. Right anyway, I'm starting to spit again. But you kind of understand like where I'm going with all this, right.
Speaker 5: But the point is, so with what with your your your physique has altered your mechanics a little bit. However, the one good thing is because your thumbless, you don't have to go around. You kind of just have to stay around your You can turn in your direction. Your lat's as wide as it's going to be. As long as you stay in the same groove, You're all right, it's the lack that may push it out. That's a difference. When he starts getting bigger, his arm's gonna come out a little wider instead. He may reroute on intentionally, but he'll figure that out when it happens.
Speaker 4: I would figure, oh, trub, here's here's the best simplest I can explain it. Brian Voss used to say, if I want to hit ten, I have to look at eight because there's always like a two board buffer. Because whether your right or left eye dominant, whatever, it may be right for me. If I want to hit ten and play straight up ten, he's looking at the gutter. Probably when I was leaner and my lats weren't there, I could stand on like sixteen seventeen and throw it straight up ten. Now, if I want to hit ten and like walk perfectly symmetrically to the foul line, I have to stand on like twenty three. It's and then I have this window between my side and my elbow, so it always feels like I'm gonna throw it across my face, so I fan it. So what I've had to try and learn is instead of trying to keep it tighter around the lad, I actually go around it. That's how you have the last second. I just literally try and shove my funny bone into my side just long enough that I can let my hand open and go forward.
Speaker 5: And that's kind of how Walter Ray does it. But he's had the same kind of symmetry for the last forty five here too. Yeah, that's an easily repeatable one. But that's that's Lee Trevino in the same respect, with that figure eight type of swing. I mean, and that makes more sense than a lot of it because you're gonna come back in. You don't have a choice. You're not gonna bounce off so and you're not gonna hit your leg totally.
Speaker 4: By the way, I see Jim Rogers, and I just wanted to make sure that I that he knows I specifically wore the SWOL shirt for him tonight.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: He's always talking to me about it on Mondays. What's Doyle got to say here right now?
Speaker 2: O'doyle rules, o'doyle says, Uh, Doyle, you guys need to talk about the greatest tournament in history. It's being run by Dougie. It's called the Diddy and the pattern is called baby oil. This is an actual, real tournament on November ninth. To win, you have to be a bad boy, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So number one, Doyle, thank you for this. I actually have to call Douggie now. If you can actually get him on the on the phone, we will gladly send him a link and invite him on the shell. I've wanted Douggie on the show for a long time. Oh, Dougie, you're here. If you would like to pop on real quick and talk about the baby oil Diddy, I'm sure all of our viewers would like to hear it.
Speaker 5: If so, I mean, that's quite quite topical and culture like. So that's a that's a great one. I'm just gonna do you guys, do you're in tournament at some point or no? Did that never happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can bowl on that stuff. I'm used to it.
Speaker 2: Here's my question for you.
Speaker 4: No, you do me a favor if you're in there, Bro, if you want to hop on the show real quick and say hi to everybody and talk a little bit about your tournament, shoot me a message on Facebook Messenger real quick with your email and I'll have Rob send you a link to hop on the show. Bro. He's got that kind of stroke. That's right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I do have a question. Would it change any if you threw two handed.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would uh just quit.
Speaker 2: Seriously, like what it helped?
Speaker 4: What it helps your I've tried well, no, no, now that you're that why you're not even gonna get your arm. You're no, that's gonna throw you way off spinners. Here's here's the problem. Here's here's the problem. I could probably try it, but I definitely neglect my lower half and my core. I am strictly an upper body weight like number body business. I'm not trying to get on stage. I'm if anything, all I'm trying to do with with my bodies is I just want to get a little bit bigger on top. I don't want my legs fucking rubbing against each other. And truth be told, the way that I train, If I train my bottom half the way I did my upper I'd be chafing all day. It's gross and then get parasitic. Look it up, everybody, And I'm certainly not going to get on stage and take my clothes off.
Speaker 5: Why waste a perfectly good day for those under appendages when you could add another chest day.
Speaker 4: And that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I'm all, I'm all lower body, upper I got nothing, So I think.
Speaker 4: Everybody should do chest five times a week and then anyway, since we can't get Dougie on tonight, we will say this, Doyle, thank you for the shout out for Dougie's tournament. Oh gladly one thousand percent Bowl of Baby Oil tournament. Let's go about anything that Dougie runs. He's one of the I've said this a million times on this show, and anybody that's ever bowled a Dougie vision event knows that he's not only the best promoter, best person, but he knows how to run a tournament correctly, efficiently. He's just the best. I wish we had fifty more of you in this sport. I won't. I won't get in because I want someone else to win. That's That's what I'm gonna do for you, guys.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ritzi was a comment of the night, wearing corduroys and starting fires with your your huge.
Speaker 4: Legs exactly how it is man parasitic.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, uh, let's talk about our buddy, David bug Kroll. Bug has been on roll as well lately, especially in the LBC. Obviously, he won the PBA Playoffs this year.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He recently bowled the PBA Jack Jones Memorial Open, which was a West Regional and it was another testing point for string pins. And I know we've had several lengthy conversations about string pins on here, especially with Ryan Schaeffer who also bowled on it. But Boog kind of had just a quick little comment that he posted three days ago that he he finished fifth in the event. It was a string pin test event, and he said that it completely levels the playing field. He said shot making was more of a factor, which is pretty much what everybody is saying. He said he sent two messengers across twelve games and only saw about four to five weird string hits. And then he said, support this change for the industry. Now, you know, there's always somebody that maybe, let's just say an old school traditionalist that doesn't agree with it. And a lifelong pro regional bowler actually chimed in on his post and said, you're a top It's a Dave Malmick if anybody knows who that is. He said, you're top. Okay, you're a top professional on string pins. A high of two thirty nine but a one to fifty seventy one. They would destroy league bowling loud and unforgiving. If they builded, bowlers will not come like Lehigh PBA this year ten miles away and it was one hundred and eighty people max uh two towns away at Fort Myers, and there's only forty nine bowlers in Lehigh. No Chris Barnes, no Pete Weber, no Parker Bone. They didn't want to justify them by even bowling. And the next week, just one hundred miles away with clear water, people don't and most won't bowl on string pins. He said that he not only bowled that tournament, but wrote about it in Facebook and Bowler's Journal, which is the only reason that he bowled. And you know, Bug said, I appreciate your feedback and taking time to comment. I know it's a hot topic in the community, but he feels it's his responsibility as a professional and to represent of the sport to give tournaments like this a chance, and he will always gladly take part in test tournaments and give his honest feedback. And he's like, you said, you're right, I didn't I didn't bowl the best, which even for the top professional that happens. But if you ask any guys in the tour, they all have bad days or bad games, and they'll always tell you the truth. So do you kind of get what Dave is saying? Like, not enough pros may be behind it at this point, especially in the regional level, when you know you have a lot of older guys that they're still on a tour and a lot of traditional guys as opposed to the national tour where typically you have obviously the younger guys who are all throwing different styles and different balls, different different approaches, different releases, one handed, two handed, just sticking with sorry, I'm all over played, sticking with the regional sentiment. If they're going to keep doing this, do you think that it won't draw any bowlers? Like he's saying.
Speaker 4: So, here's my dead honest opinion. People will always bitch about things that are new. A person is smart and people are dumb. We watch it all the time. A person has the ability to assess the situation. But if a person gets in a group with a lot of other persons and they all collectively have one agenda, even if that person doesn't believe the agenda, they'll join the group right right. My dad. For instance, my dad's seventy seven. My dad still like writes out directions on a piece of paper. My dad would still print out map quest directions. My dad like, my dad still sends snail mail when he sends bills, he deposits checks at the bank. It's nothing against my dad, but my dad will bitch about I'm not doing this automated shit. I'm not letting them get my information this way, right. That's something that a seventy seven year old person, it's totally normal for them to think about, Yeah, I'm forty years old. You want to what turns me off the most about women? When they literally inject fake asses and fake lips. That's the grossest thing to me on the goddamn planet. I'd rather see a woman wake up in the morning with no makeup on and see what they look like than ever have to kiss something that had something injected in them. It's for me, right, But if you ask a twenty one year old, they may say they think that's hot. If you ask a forty year old to go deposit their checks via male with a stamp, they look at you like you're crazy. I mean, or go to a bank to deposit a check. You know what I'm getting out here.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So every time something that's introduced is new, people are always going to backlash about it. So in the sport of bowling, nobody has ever seen string pins in a competitive environment. We've gone in bold on short lanes, we've gone in bold like duck pins and candlepins recreationally, but we've never walked into a bowling alley and watch the pins go up on strings. It's almost like a carnival game to basically everybody that watches bowling. Somebody in the comment said, I don't really care about the strings. That care they get tangled up. Yeah, they get tangled up on the short stub lanes on the cruise ship too. It's a carnival game. But if in fifteen years or twenty years the same way. Twenty years ago, everybody said Belmo's not gonna last two hands is stupid, It's it's ruining the game. He's gonna have injuries, He's gonna have this. Yeah, meanwhile, he's most decorated bowler ever. Now twenty years later and now seventy percent of the population throws it with two hands, when twenty years ago seventy percent of the population said, this guy's fucking stupid, This is stupid, this is cheating. Yeah, anything they wanted to fucking say. Right, The same thing is happening with the string pins. This is brand new to everybody. But in twenty years from now, if the only remaining bowling centers in the world are all string pins, anybody that actually likes bowling even this much will in a string pin center. So you got ye. I'm not into electric cars. I think there's a lot of perks about them. I think they're really really cool. If you have enough money and you want to get a charging port on your driveway, if you want a car that drives you home when you're drunk, you know, I mean like it. It's amazing. But do I necessarily want to drive cross country and have to find a charging port. No, I'd rather find a gas station or the last gas for two hundred miles. I have a choice to either transition, because in twenty or twenty five years everything is going to be an electric car. Right now, we're still allowed to drive gas cars. I don't want to make the transition, but I'm still young enough slash old enough that I'm okay, going either direction because it's the way the world works. You either evolve or you die. That's all there is to it. I don't want to throw eurothane on the bowling lanes. I'm pretty sure eighty percent of the lefties also don't want to throw it, but it's our best chance to throw strikes. Right, it's you either evolve or you die. Right, You're right, that's kind of my stance on all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we've talked about this at length, but that's a great point. You either evolve or you die, and there's plenty I say, oh, I'm never going to bowl on those If they put him in and I don't have a choice, I'll just quit bowling. Well, okay, sure.
Speaker 4: Like the next question I'd like to ask those people is, so let me get this straight. You've bowled four leagues a week for the last forty five years. Yeah, which means Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday your day is planned around work and bowling because bowling is going to occupy at least twelve hours of your week. So if you're gonna quit because you don't like string pins, what are you going to do at the ripe Old age of sixty. That's gonna entertain you for those extra twelve hours a week, right, I'm telling you right now, dude, my dad is seventy. Seventy is a hard time getting to the foul line right now. Not a lot of people know that because my dad's still healthy enough and aware enough. But my dad's never going to average two twenty ever again. And if he does, it would be it would be a miracle year. But you bet you're ask my dad still goes to the bowling alley and practices every day. It's all he's known forever. Right. You can't tell somebody who's been wired for that long that all of a sudden, oh well, I'm just gonna quit because now it's a carnival game. In my eyes, it's it just it doesn't it works that way on the surface. But eventually, I think what happens is it dies out a little bit. It just like anything else, man, It eventually mellows out, and the people that love the sport will always be here. And the people that don't love it enough. They're not leaving bowling because they hate strengthens. They're leaving bowling because they found something better to do more fun to do, like in other words, like there's a bunch of people that like, Hey, I don't bowl on Thursday nights anymore because I joined a billiard league followed by an axe throwing league and that's fun. And it costs ten dollars a week instead of forty and first place at the end of the season is five thousand instead of two thousand. That's totally acceptable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: You get to spend the same amount of time, make more money, enjoy yourself the exact same way, and life is good, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right? Uh, Troy, what's up? Brother, dude? How cool did to see Troy pick up a fucking ball? The ball again and watch that glorious swing. We're still pulling for you, Troy, to get healthy, but man, it's really good to see you back on the lanes. I could watch your ball all day long.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 2: But he says these string pins were pretty fair from what he observed. A lot of pros are saying the same thing. But again, if all centers happen to change, what are you gonna do? You literally either or you don't exactly, and don't bitch about it, because you can't stop change. You can't stop progress. As much as we want to. And look, I don't like change either, Johnny. I'm I'm forty eight years old, and I'm kind of a I'm a routine kind of guy, and I like having the same things and you know, just different patterns and stuff that I gravitate too, And I don't like fucking change the things. That's just the nature of being a human being. Honestly, when you get older, it clearly gets harder to do because we just get stuck in our ways. But totally, we're not gonna We're not gonna have a choice if this goes full through. And why would they Why would they put that much money into it if it wasn't gonna be the future of the sport.
Speaker 4: That's dude. I look at it this way because again, I'm I'm at the age where I've transitioned enough to like try and be relatable to say, my parents, right. I remember I loved video games when I was a kid, dude, But I love video games from original Nintendo to like PlayStation two, maybe like the beginning of PlayStation three. That was my era of video games. I think the last game I ever actually played was like Grand Theft Auto three or maybe Vice City for any gamers out there. And then once Xbox came out and shit like that where it's like, oh, you can sink, you can you can play with friends over here, you can do this. I'm like, this is way too fucking much for me. Give me Mario Kart, give me GoldenEye, give me Mario Brothers three. That's all I need. And I eventually I was It was young. I was young enough that I just said, no, I don't. I don't want to fucking play video games anymore. This is not for me anymore. I have no interest in Fortnite or Halo or anything like that. I have no problem with people that do. But I lost I lost that, yeah right, And that happened in like what my my teens, into my twenties or whatever it was. It happens at every single level in life. There is always shit that drops off that you actually don't care enough about and replace it with something different. Sure, and it happens, I would assume it. Chuck's talking about Gallaghan. My dad is one of the best pac Man players ever. I stopped playing pac Man when I was twelve. It wasn't enjoyable to me. The same way in the movie clueless. When fucking Travis sits up and asks me their hall, he says, the way I feel about the rolling stones is the way my kids are going to feel about nine inch nails, So I probably shouldn't torment my mom anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, that's fair.
Speaker 4: It's a like be aware of it, but like, don't make it your entire life. Either. Go with the flow, like Bruce Lee says, be like water, which means basically, whenever water ripples, it never stops. It just goes a different direction, It goes exactly where it has to go, and it just continues. Right. You can either have that method of thinking, or you can fight the inevitable and bash your head against the wall, lose your hair earlier, be stressful your entire life, and bitch a people for spilling a drink in the vicinity of where you have to walk, right, you know it's yeah, man, I look at everybody popping out with the goddamn games. Well, now all I want to do is play Sonic on Sega and go fucking destroy Soda Pop and Mike Tyson's punching.
Speaker 2: And Oach will play Technobile Because that's pretty much all you told was.
Speaker 4: As long as he's not Bo Jackson. I'll play him. He can't take the Raiders in that game. It's not fair.
Speaker 2: You can't. It's not fair at all. All right, I don't know where Oach is, but you did want to talk about. Oh, hang on, Holly wants to know. Can we still order shirts off the website?
Speaker 4: Holly, we ran into a little hiccup with our distributor. Thank goodness, we finally got all the pre orders out today. Rob and I are actually in the midst of looking for a new supplier, so hold off on that. I'll contact you directly and I will answer your message earlier about the tournament flyer that you sent. You just actually happened to send it as soon as we were coming on, so I promise I will make sure I get that to you while we're also here. Jeff, your Pure Envy was actually sent out today. When we get off today, I will send you the tracking information it's coming FedEx. Nice and what else do I have? That's good?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Rob, now that's cool, And thank you Holly for that question. Because somebody else had mentioned me earlier today. It was Michael Jennings, and I told him we were we should actually literally shipped today and we were in into an issue as you said, and we're looking for a new supplier and distributor, so we do bear with us.
Speaker 4: We will work it out and listen, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take full responsibility here. I hate throwing other people under the bus. And uh again for everybody, it was my first ever shot as a business owner, entrepreneur, whatever it is, and uh, I had to crush some fucking skulls, but we got it done. And again, I'm sincerely apologetic to everybody who's waited this long and gracious to all of you who did pre order shirt. So thank you all so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we will will keep you apprized of what we do moving forward, but we do appreciate it everybody getting involved. Uh so league talk you wanted to mention, uh, because we haven't talked about league in a few weeks with our guests on and all that. So uh yeah, I mean, I'll have you been bowling recently.
Speaker 4: I always start to bowl better when it starts to cool down. My best months in my entire history of bowling has always been from October to February. For some reason, I just bowl really, really, really well, dj Ricky Smith, I'm not on Ditty's list, even though I'm a fucking fanatic when it comes to baby oil. So we can take that as you want. Uh, but where are we going with this? What are we talking?
Speaker 2: The memes alone on Ditty have been fucking tremendous, like the Internet is beautiful.
Speaker 4: No, you know, you know, to be honest. So this is my first ever season living in New Jersey and not bowling league at Carolier which is now Bolero in North Brunswick.
Speaker 2: It's still Caroly Fuck it. We're always gonna call it career, right.
Speaker 4: So instead I'm actually bowling the bowling center owned and operated by one of the most well known families in the bowling industry of the Martino family, over at Majestic Lanes and Hope Lawn, Okay, and I'm thoroughly enjoying bowling there. It's a true five person scratch league, thirty three points available every night, one hundred to one hundred and fifty dollars in side act every single night. A lot of players in there, and the East Coast vibe on the bowling lanes is just a little bit different than the West. The West is a little bit more relaxed, a little bit more laxadaisical. I would almost say, whereas the East Coast, everybody's a little bit more cutthroat. Everybody wants to bowl three hundred every game, which in turn like turns my brain on when I bowl. So I absolutely love not only bowling in the Martinoz facility, but also with the team I'm bowling with. I'm bowling with a batch of four guys I've never met before prior to being there this summer, and I've grown to love them very much. And We're struggling in the early going, but I feel like we're gonna come on strong. We got a lot of weeks left and then Monday, I'm bowling with the fucking what's the word? Do you give me? The incomparable Nick Dambrosio, along with my girl Emerald and uh oh now Marvin, the legendary house hack of Howell Lanes, and we are currently in first place on Mondays through four or five weeks or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 4: Just honestly it's I'm I'm kind of entered the bowling season with a slightly different mentality this year. This is not like Vegas, where I could do whatever I want and wear shorts and flip flops in December. This is like, hey, it's getting cold, I go to the gym, I take my dog out for a quick piss and shit, and I go bowling. And it's, uh, it's it's it's I'm I'm cozy. I'm throwing it very very well, considering the fact that my lads are too big. And but yeah, I mean so far, it's been a really, really beautiful season so far. To open up.
Speaker 2: And you're having fun, right, I mean that right now. You know, if you're not, if you don't care about being that competitive, I mean, you're you're having fun. You still love bowling, it's in your blood. But I mean you're not looking to I mean, you're not looking to fucking you're always looking to win. Where am I going with it? I am, I'm dude taking a week off. Fuck me up. Now you're having fun now, which is the most important part.
Speaker 4: I I totally understand what you're saying. And yes, I am having fun. And when I'm there, I'm in a good headspace. I go there properly this season. Last year, like I would go play golf, get obliterated on the golf course, and then go try and bowl and think that I needed the booze. Now it's like, I'll go to the gym, I'll eat twelve ounces of steak, a cup of rice, I'll take a ship, I'll take a shower, you know, like all that good stuff, and then I'll go to league and my body will be ready and my body is like any normal human would, which is totally different for me now. But yeah, it's it's a totally different mindset. Nick's got some new bowling balls my team on Monday. Not only do we have the greatest chemistry ever, but we have a solid bowling team. There are no holes in our lineup whatsoever. And that's intimidating to everybody that you're up against. And I'm a chemistry major too, by the way, science I'm an applied science, which somehow relates to criminology and not his science. But he still knows.
Speaker 2: Now, everybody knows who you are, obviously, especially since you're back in Jersey and you you've grew up here your whole life.
Speaker 4: Pretty much talk about him, right.
Speaker 2: No, No, talk about you. We don't know where each is from. It just he just happens to wander. He's the Wonderer. We all know that he's the Wonderer. Do you still feel any pressure to perform.
Speaker 4: For myself, not for anybody else?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where I was.
Speaker 4: I expect. I expect to beat the living shit out of everybody every time I'm on the lanes, and that's all I expect. So when I don't, it bothers me. Okay, So like people will, they'll say to me, like, dude, how could you go stone eight, stone nine, ring seven and then turn around and act like you threw a strike and like be smiling and just go shoot it like nothing happened. Because in my brain, I say I am so much better than everybody else that if I left those three in a row, there's no way anybody else threw a turkey, and I will throw a turkey like I'll figure it out. It's that kind of And I don't. I don't believe that all the time. And I don't say that in like a narcissistic fashion. I'm saying that because that's the way my brain operates. When I go in the gym and I lift weights, I don't care if I'm bigger than everybody else. I don't look at anybody else. I go there to do my job, and honestly, one of the most humbling things in the world is like, even though most men that lift weights are going to the gym to like look pretty and gain the the like the eye of the opposite sex. Well, I should probably say that a little bit more conservatively in these days, but anyway, most guys that go lift weights are going there to aesthetically look more pleasing, right, And I said this to him earlier ourselves naked too, man, That's I said to him. I've I've been approached by five or six different men at the gym that I go to, and they asked me what my weight is, what my diets like, what my routines like, and they go out of their way to like compliment me and ask me questions. That's more humbling than anything else in the world. Timbros are cooler than three. They appreciate the grind the same way we appreciate the grind of bowlers or anything else that we love.
Speaker 2: Right now, now, while you're not drinking and bowling anymore, how do you quiet your mind? Because you said that was a big help in kind of just fucking chilling you out or smoking, you know, a joint or whatever, Like how are you now when you're on the lanes, like you just plug in your head your earbuds and just tune out.
Speaker 4: No, tell you the truth. So I do drink once a week now, Like when I have a day off, I will typically drink the night before, and for about the last two months, my day, my rest day is Wednesday. Okay, So on Tuesday, it's a five person league that's arts at seven point thirty an hour from my home, So I'll drink on Tuesday. I'll play pool afterwards. I'm friends with the bartenders. I'm friends with all the bowlers, So I enjoy my one day for about four or five hours. But I make sure that I drink for every shot at tequila I have, because anybody that knows me knows that's my drink. I drink eight ounces of water. So I'll go in with my bowling bag and my backpack and I'll have five or six poll in spring bottles, and every time I choose to have a shot, I'll drink six ounces of the water. The way I can stay at least mentally focused enough. But on the nights that I don't drink, no, I don't smoke weed anymore. When I bowl, I eat properly, I shower. If anything, I may pop a few advil just in case I have like some joint pain or something like that. And I just go bowl and I people watch. I observe what's going on around me. Oh, this person's playing this arrow, this person's wrung four consecutive ten pins on this pair. This way you're watching me, I guess you know, like I'm kind of more into what's going on around me rather than the the diseases focus your whole bowling out. My focus used to be get enough alcohol in me that I don't even have to know where I am to be coherent.
Speaker 5: But still, how about that autopilot switch you got, because you can still fucking bang it out though, Ain't that the ship that like he can go in there and get freaking torqued up, throw on autopilot, shoot seven eighty and be like, oh yeah seven eighty.
Speaker 4: No, weig doing okay? Well, you got to think, man, I mean, let's just look at those trillion shots. I get it. But this bowling show is based around bowling. But we also talk about life issues. We talk about addiction, we talk about the way the brain operates. I definitely I don't know this for certain, but I definitely have some kind of ADHD, something where my brain is just overactive all the time you want to go for a bike ride. Sure, he's right, But what happens is when I'm bowling, all those overactive thoughts sometimes they overactively get negative in my brain. But when I drink alcohol, they they always say that the thing about alcohol is that it inhibits your ability to assess what's more important. Right, So that's the downfall, But the up the upside of it is it also allows you to not worry about the downside. So like what I'll do is, if I get drunk enough, I'll say, yeah, I'll throw one hundred and fifty dollars into the pots, even though I don't have it. But now what i'm bowling, the only thing I'm thinking about is, Man, how fast are the pin's going to fall on this shot? I'm not thinking about thumbing it down or being sluggish to the foul line or missing a sparrow. That's the hell of a motivation too.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's it's almost like, yeah, it's almost like it's almost like pop or action bowling like back in the seventies or something like that, when mobs were freaking calmbing in throwing.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you don't have any other you don't have any other options, like it's either kill or be killed, but you need to perform at that level.
Speaker 2: That's too Yeah, That's why I was just curious to see how you are mentally now since you're not, you don't have those vices anymore. And you used to say that it was easier to go out and bowl when you were fucked up.
Speaker 4: So Rob they always say that, like, don't ever live a life with regret. I've done a lot of shitty things in my life, but I've learned something from all of them. And I guess the other thing is as you get a little bit older, you just mature a little bit mentally. So I'm not sitting there like frantic anymore. I'm saying there's more important things in my life, like not going to prison because I get a DUI, not killing somebody on my way home, not getting so obliterated that not only can I not c straight, but I need the owner of the bowling alley to say, hey, John, you've had enough. You need us to call you a cab home, Like, that's embarrassing. Man. Forget about what everybody else is looking at or saying about you. That's embarrassing to you as a person. And eventually, when it happens enough, you just don't want it to happen anymore, right, Right, So now what I'll do is like I have a number, and this is gonna be this is gonna sound crazy. But anybody that's ever drank alcohol and knows me, you know I'm an open book. You know, those like thirty dollars bottles of Cuervo that you would get in I don't even know what are they? Seven hundred and fifty mili liter bottle, think that's about the basic one.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Where's that fireball bottle yonder if you can grab that. I'm curious how many mills that is, but we can just not to fuck it, alright, But let's just say a seven hundred and fifty MILLI bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: For twelve years in Vegas, I would bowl at South Point at seven pm on Tuesdays. I would drink three hundred and seventy five mills of that bottle before I got to South Point, and then I would get to South Point at like four four thirty, and then I would probably drink ten or twelve shots downstairs at the Grand View Lounge before I went up to bowl. So I was a solid bottle of tequila deep every single time I boldly on Tuesday. Prior to starting practice. It was your average four yeah, thirty six. But well, what what I'm saying is is it it's gross and and now Jesus, I mean.
Speaker 2: And it costs you a lot obviously in your personal life.
Speaker 4: Actually, it didn't cost me a lot in Vegas. Well, no, of course, it didn't cost me a lot in Vegas. In Vegas, I'm pretty sure that's why I drank so much.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 4: And I love what I love what Roger said here, and honestly half joking and half serious. What did happen was eventually my body said, fuck you, you're gonna die unless you changed something. And that's exactly because the liver started like peeling out of his skin.
Speaker 5: It was like much like when Jim was an alien, remember Alien, when he started coming out in the beginning, Like the liver started piercing out on the right side, and then doctors like, we gotta put that back in your enzymes are a little elevated.
Speaker 4: But and he wasn't in bulk modes either, So that's why now Mama, Mama Phyllis who's always here, and Mama Phyllis came to see me in the hospital. I was driving home from South Point back to my condo in Vegas, and my entire left side did this. I couldn't even raise my left hand onto the wheel. Thank god. There was an urgent care off Blue Diamond and she and she came to see me, and I was it was pretty close. Man. It's a little different when you're when you're dancing with death that you inflicted upon yourself, and that's that's pretty gross. Just got really deep tonight, unt so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm.
Speaker 2: No, I like it. And it's been a while since we've had talk.
Speaker 4: Because I jumped in.
Speaker 5: I was like, he's gonna ask me a question any second, don't matter now to league talk, to be a dad, take care of the daughter.
Speaker 4: And I come out and I'm like, oh, maybe we didn't know where you went. That's all right now, where you're fine. I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 5: I meant like, okay, I'm sure there's so many women out there that want to get me back in, So let's get on the show.
Speaker 4: All right? Then here take the take the cross and was that what we was?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 4: Leak talk? Yes, Lee, you're turn to talk about League bron.
Speaker 2: Congrats on not having a drink for a year and Quentin smoking. That's that's good on you. Brother. Here, this is for you. He's always how long can you go without pop Eyes?
Speaker 4: But we can't? Okay, all right, that's not bad. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: I'm working on it. I've lost twenty five pounds again. I don't know where it went.
Speaker 4: You know where it went?
Speaker 2: You find it? Let me Yeah, in my pain went where the camera ate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly? So leak talk, what are you to? Eighteen two, nineteen? Ouch?
Speaker 4: Where we at?
Speaker 5: I was at twenty one? And you know we have this ten ten drop off which I wish was in twenty ten. Sure, No, honestly, damn this thing. I come out week one now again. Ocho, being a supreme athlete, leaves his bowling balls in his car through the worst heat leave in New Jersey history. Sure, and uh then I get to the ball an alley and I start throwing strikes in practice. Unbeknownst to me, I realize, oh right, I'm Ocho, because I forgot for a second. Then the game starts and I start throwing strikes, and I went, oh my god, that's right, I'm Ocho. It's easy because I got the big red whiffle bat right.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 5: We're now we're going back four weeks. Now we got to remember. Now, that's the other thing. I took off the entire summer, shot at six eighty the first week, you know, unintentionally I thought I would do worse. The next week it was maybe six forty ish or something like that. And then the last last two weeks. So the last week not this past one, No, they've not this pass one. The week prior, I'm throwing a bowling ball and my finger grip goes down the lane. Oh sugar, grip down the lane, down a lane, into the gutter. But the ball perfect strike. Because what can't Oucho do? I of course, I'm a saviolist. I always have glue on me and whatnot. For people who talk too much, I move them out.
Speaker 2: Who retrieved who retrieved the grip?
Speaker 5: The person that is behind the desk, who is trained and had never done it before in her life.
Speaker 4: Gone down the lane?
Speaker 2: Did she walk down?
Speaker 4: It looked like she was playing hopscotch. She's on the freaking gutter rails.
Speaker 5: She's in the gutter. She's on the gutter rail. I swear to god, she's playing hopscotch with my damn finger drip. So I don't even switch balls. This it's lock tight. So I know within about thirty seconds we're good. Yeah, but I don't know, so you don't know what kind of tentativeness is going. But I threw another strike. I didn't bowl that good, honestly, I was. I'm at two seventeen right now. Uh I shot six eighty eight last week because eight ten pins last week, made all of them. Actually, so nine ten pins a week before missed one. Just saying so about And I'm going through every bowling ball, and that's the same bawling balls that I have. I have the I know him now, I got actually got him.
Speaker 4: I got him. I have a shifter, no no gravity, shifting gravity. Okay, I got a purple ball, that's the purple one.
Speaker 5: But it was the purple one. I got the renner, the winner solid. Is that what it's called winner solid fuck and just say it's called a wrecker. Can you just say it's called the record? Okay, I got the wrecker. Yes, Now the wrecker is the one that the finger grip and it's got a giant split in between the finger grips, which that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna come back down. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I put JB's a POxy in there too, so don't tell anybody that's okay. I've only I missed seventeen ten pins all last year. I've already missed three this year, just saying, of course I don't know.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. How do you know many I've had? I could have been three and said I missed all three ten pins.
Speaker 2: We need to know the hard hitting stuff on this show.
Speaker 5: Do I wear a mask? By the way, and now don't worry about it. I'm big red whistle batting it because now I got h.
Speaker 4: The mojo.
Speaker 2: Do you take your mask off or do you keep your mask on when you ball?
Speaker 4: What mask?
Speaker 5: What mask are you guys talking about? Thank you for the league, and we'll see who's wearing a mask and who isn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yes, DJ Ricky Smith, that wrecker the og one of the best balls ever made, and that's coming from a Brunswick guy.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 4: Which ball is that the one who's talking about ten years old? Oh? Oh the og Oh fucking a OG record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's bad as honestly, so like it's the ball to go to because everything it's the only one that always plays the same, if the heads get burnt up, or if the freaking hole ship dries up, like you can only have the two boards left and you just throw it the same.
Speaker 4: Everything, everything does the same. There are some balls like that. Why won't it? Why why does it? Why is it it? Stay in freaking relevance?
Speaker 2: Man, Amanda, if I imagine if outro knew his equipment.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, Amanda, I know my equipment believes me. Wait, that's a very vague question. Hold on, no, it is, yes, or I guess I should.
Speaker 2: Say we mask to protect his ones.
Speaker 4: It was a good aggressive I'm totally fine with it.
Speaker 2: It goes you know this, this show is getting off the rails. Chuck says, you need an envy tour.
Speaker 4: Is that like bago or something like you drive around the country and Roger that's a way too detailed question.
Speaker 2: Roach knows the white gap between his fingers, and yeah, he doesn't know what.
Speaker 4: Where's where's the pit? Here's my guy? I wrestled in high school. I know what pins are. My guess is the pin is at like one o'clock and so is the CG or the mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your path? Oto?
Speaker 4: Yeah good. I haven't had a smear in a long time. A lot of time for a smear. Do we have an embecile? We've we've reached an hour.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes we do. Thank you for keeping us on track, Johnny.
Speaker 4: Let's get to this. Goddamn.
Speaker 2: It's time for everybody's favorite segment.
Speaker 4: You guys, don't use a sett's ring a call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on ahead of the tack hamate, you know, Lloyd, and I think you couldn't possibly be any Here's the week. Some people are really that's bias. I got that.
Speaker 2: That's bias. All right, Here we go with the imbecile of the week. This is from my local Facebook group here in Middle Tennessee, which is a gift that keeps on giving, just like the Bowler Science form.
Speaker 4: Would it? Many of them find your neck rub or no there, dick? All right?
Speaker 2: Here is a post from Ashley Nicole from our Murphy's Borough group in Tennessee Papa John's I'm Immortal Boulevard. My husband took the pizza back and the guy was speechless. We got it replaced, but there was no need in This looks very intentional to me.
Speaker 4: It looks like a trouble cleft.
Speaker 5: Is any musicians out there, there's a trouble cleft and a bass cleft looks like these.
Speaker 2: It's a bass cleft, I'm telling you, Oh Joe, you're a purveyor of of of the Italian foods. Uh, why would somebody intentionally wreck a pizza for somebody?
Speaker 5: And no, I don't think they somebody did donuts in the car because it literally looks like it was and.
Speaker 2: You can see the grease spot where it was originally around it. You can see.
Speaker 5: Maybe somebody had a drill press and like or even like you know, what they were trying to do. They're probably grouting tile and so they had to get the grouse. So they put the big freaking you know, the big gimmick in the drill and they spun it and then they put it in the pizza. So there's probably grout in that in that pizza.
Speaker 2: I mean she's got on the top of the box for Fox like this is this is pretty fucked up pizza.
Speaker 4: I thank god they replaced it. I mean, obviously, how can they?
Speaker 2: Well, here's that's that's the question, Johnny. Uh oh, hold on, that's that's the week before. Uh let's see.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Nick Fotopoulos, I think I got the right Photopolis. Uh it's Papa John's. It's still gonna taste like ship either way. I just thought that was funny.
Speaker 4: Is not wrong. That's not that's not right. I like Papa John's, but he's not wrong. Listen to me. It's photo By the way, anybody that likes pizza, can we just agree on one thing. There are two types of pizza. There's good pizza and there's fabulous pizza. I've had shitty pizza. That's bullshit. I'm telling you. Look, I'm telling you. You know what. I agree Loopos and Long Branch. There's a place like that. I won't eat.
Speaker 5: I would turn I don't turn down pizza, and I would turn this place down and go no, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'll have this sugar packet. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: But I love Papa John's. Remember garlic sauce, the garlic sauce eat that one straggling Papa John's when when I was at your house. That's right, Pj's is solid. I'm not gonna call him an endecol for saying that because it's kind of embarrassing. Like that's like me saying I love Fetcini Alfredo from Olive Garden and I'm a full blooded Italian. But again, I'm not just gonna like go like tocharging the whole pizza name too. I get you, I get you, I get it, I get it, I get it, I get it. I'm not gonna call him an missolene.
Speaker 2: Uh, somebody asked you took it back and they made it right. Why blast them on Facebook and hurts someone's livelihood?
Speaker 4: Great question, Kogie, Which John's like franchise? I mean, if there were a franchise, I love that. I love that comment.
Speaker 2: TOOKI may Leslie said, that's my same take on it. It's not even Papa John's fault. It's on the dasher so uh, DJ Ricky Smith hit hit the nail on the head. That's door Dashers who delivers for Papa John's. Now they got rid of their company drivers.
Speaker 4: So how john employees said, fuck this guy, and it looks like they went onto a spin Remember to sit and spin the pugre machine for come. He was like, oh, I gotta go deliver door dash. Let's get on the sitting spin, fucking banging around and then we're good.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Smith said, Papa John's technically didn't have to replace anything since DoorDash delivered it. But they did, and you're still complaining, uh, to which Ashley Porter mass Was also responded they should since they contract DoorDash to do their deliveries.
Speaker 4: Which who the hell knows their name? Like that, it's all so good points. These are all good points. As man imagine having nothing better to do than call out a fast food pizza chain and then posted.
Speaker 5: Public's funny is I probably wouldn't take a picture of it, eating it and then been done with it, only because if I'm ordering Papa John's, I'm probably just jonesing for a pizza anyway. I'm not gonna wait another hour and a half or so and I'd be like I got the cleft Papa John's pizza in history.
Speaker 4: Last night, I enjoyed a piece of New York style dominoes with the Schlitz nice Rogers Schlitz like Schlitz beer, good for you. I was gonna go with a red stripe or possibly fun Ma beer harp was also a They had a fun thing with the stout to.
Speaker 2: It also looks like pac Man with his tongue sticking out.
Speaker 4: It really is very pac manish, asymmetrical pac Man. I love that the person ordered extra dipping sauces and the driver figured out a way to not only fucking make the pizza look like back then all four cups. That's actually impressive.
Speaker 2: I really want to I really want to meet the door dasher.
Speaker 5: Why what could he What he should have done is unwound it too at the end of taking a picture to see what it looked like when it was all back.
Speaker 4: And it also kind of looks like me a morning after drinking. Well, why would you.
Speaker 2: Ship your other eye if you're literally like, wouldn't you check it to be like, oh, ship, Maybe I should put this back where belong to try to make it like.
Speaker 4: If we put this on the Doppler radar, I would evacuate whatever state it was near. That's true. That looks like a Hurricane's about the fucking blast. I think somebody just wrote that as we said it, Roger weird Roger, well this is this is excellent. Uh So, kudos to you getting a free pizza. Don't fucking destroy a company that you order food from. Obviously frequently the door dasher, you know, respectfully is probably not a Rhodes scholar and was enjoying itsel probably in his two thousand and one Honda Civic with a donuts like that Honda Civic's drive.
Speaker 2: Too many people are quick to just fucking just take everything public, you know, even though they rectified the situation, all was made, well, you still want to be a dick in post it like it is Papa John's fault when it's not.
Speaker 4: Right, Like why not right back? Kudos to Papa John's for giving me a pizza that looks like pac Man and then not only replacing him but also apologizing for the pac Man eat half the pizzas. Also probably got a coupon for like two more free pizzas or two mediums for like fourteen dollars or something like that, and.
Speaker 2: Tots pac Man Jones probably ate half the pizza.
Speaker 4: Frist Im just saying all right then, well, congratulations in basile of the week and your pac Man pizza wait to bail them out of that your replace It was lovely?
Speaker 2: Uh So, yeah, there you go. That was a different in bacol the week, but a fun one nonetheless fabulous Johnny. Guys think coming up here soon? Are you bowling? Any tournaments are there?
Speaker 4: And I have my next uba match with a good old Goon squad this weekend night. We're able to take down Reaper Crew twenty eight to twelve in their home center for our first match. So the Goons are off to a roaring start. And other than that, I'm full time in the gym.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm uh, I'm two forty five right now. I'm trying to get to about two seventy by January Ultimate Warriors, and then once February hits go back into that colored deficit, drop back down to two forty. That way, I'm chiseled and fucking he man like for summer and away more guys can compliment me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a lighting, Johnny, or you're literally glowing tonight, like you just look great tonight.
Speaker 4: There's a light right there, and it's it's right here. I also have the shadow side from here. You got the good side. I got the good side. Wow, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the fresh haircut, it's the great lighting. And you know you just next to Ocho, you just look, you just look.
Speaker 5: I make everybody look better, that's all I exude, that too, Totally my professionalism as always, what.
Speaker 4: A wonderful chat with you, gentlemen, and all of our gracious and continued supporters who are here. Wouldn't do without you, guys, And honestly, it's some of these These are some of the best nights where we literally have no content, no idea what we're gonna do, and we just spit ball and somehow, some way, this is a really, really good trio that works together. And I pride anybody that's got two people that are as tight as me with these two. So it's it's always fun on Wednesday nights to be with you, guys.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, Johnny. That look, that's how we started, right, I mean, we were blessed to have a whole string of guests, but this is really what we've been doing since since day one, just talking about real shit totally, all right, guys, we appreciate your support.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: Hook up eat cleanbro dot com for great home cooked meals sent straight to your house. Hell, you can eat healthy, you can eat clean, and you don't worry about cooking or clean up any pots and pans just popped out, motherfucker, and the stove or the microwave or whatever you want to do in the oven. And uh I.
Speaker 4: Sending you a Papa John's pizza right now.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, at any event, check out eight cleanbro dot com and we think it. We them them for supporting us, and we thank you guys for being here every single week. And uh yeah, as far as I know, we'll be back next week. I got nothing going on. I'm sure you two gents will be here, so I'm sure we'll have another banger next week. But until then, guys, we hope you have a great rest of your week and have a great weekend, and we'll see right back here next Wednesday for another edition of Straight Up five with that Guy, that Guy and the other guy too.
Speaker 4: Here's your storm Summit peak.
Speaker 2: And fuck you, Doc Sullivan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this edition of Straight Up Pa with Johnny Petralia Junior. You can follow the show on Twitter and Straight Up five Pod Follow Johnny Junior at j p j R Zero seven, Follow rad Rob at rad Rob Gaming, and follow Doctor Ocho at d d r Ocho. Got a question for Johnny, Send your questions to Straight Up five Podcast at gmail dot com. We'll see you next time for another edition of Straight Up five with Johnny Petreglia Junior right here on the Red Rob Radio Network