Speaker 1: Okay, so you want to boost your tech career.
Speaker 2: Maybe land a job with a six figure salary.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the kind of power a Cisco Certified Network Associate.
Speaker 2: Or CCNA and give you. And you know what, We're.
Speaker 1: Going deep into the Cisco CCNA Command Guide to give you the inside scoop on everything from acing.
Speaker 2: That exam to navigating the world of Cisco.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty fascinating world, it really is. This skybook is like a treasure map.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It takes you through Cisco's history. Huh, their incredible range of products, and most importantly, the practical skills.
Speaker 2: You need to really succeed.
Speaker 1: In the networking field. Absolutely all right, So picture this, okay. Stanford University nineteen eighty four. Two employees, Sandra Lerner and Leonard Bosak. They have this crazy idea using.
Speaker 2: Router technology to connect multiple computer systems. Bim this go is born. But here's where the story gets juicy.
Speaker 1: I love juicy stories.
Speaker 2: Their first router, nickname the Blue.
Speaker 1: Box, was actually a modified version.
Speaker 2: Of a Spanford router. And get this, they even used unlicensed software, leading to some legal drama.
Speaker 1: With the university.
Speaker 2: Talk about a rebellious start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cisco definitely has that startup.
Speaker 2: That scrappy startup vibe right even from the beginning.
Speaker 1: But you'd think, I know, right, that would be a major setback. Yeah, but they persevered.
Speaker 2: These secured a license from Stanford huh, and went on to become a tech titan. A tech titan in fact, during the dot com boom, Cisco was the world's most valuable company. Wow, even surpassing giants like Apple.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's a classic store of the.
Speaker 1: Innovation and resilience for sure, and Cisco's early success really shows their dominance in networking. But it also shows how quickly, how quickly things can change in the tech world. So true, things change all the time. Cisco was way more than just routers these days. Oh yeah, We're talking collaborate tools like WebEx.
Speaker 2: The go to for remote teams everywhere.
Speaker 1: This shows how Cisco's influence reaches far beyond just the.
Speaker 2: Hardware, beyond the server room.
Speaker 1: They're shaping how we work, how we connect on a global scale.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and their reach extends to advanced security features.
Speaker 1: Specialized solutions for different.
Speaker 2: Industries, training and consulting services that you name it. They've woven themselves.
Speaker 1: Into the very fabric of our digital lives.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt, it's mind blowing, it really.
Speaker 1: Is to think how much we rely on Cisco technology every day.
Speaker 2: Every single day. Let's get down to brass tacks. Let's talk about the CCNA exam.
Speaker 1: Chapter three of our guidebook.
Speaker 2: Breaks it all down.
Speaker 1: You'll learn there are actually different levels of accreditation, starting with the cc entry level folks, and the cc for those who want to dive into the more technical aspects and nitty gritty, and for those looking to really make a mark, make their mark in networking. The guidebook highlights the CCNA Routing and Switching track.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 1: It focuses on those core skills every network professional needs. That's every single one building, maintaining and troubleshooting the network that power our digital world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so, if you want to be the one, the one to everyone called when.
Speaker 1: The Internet goes down, that's you. This is the track for you.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: But let's debunk a common myth about the exam. What's that that pre exam survey you take? Yeah, supposedly de terms how hard your questions are? Our guidebook sets the record straight, sets it straight. It doesn't matter how you rate your skills.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter at all in that survey.
Speaker 1: Nope, the exam draws from a massive pool of questions, so that survey.
Speaker 2: That survey doesn't change anything.
Speaker 1: No need to stress over it. Go straight focus on mastering the material. Master the material, not second guessing yourself.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: That's a relief, right, I always wondered about that survey, me too. Now. Chapter five of our guidebook.
Speaker 2: Opens up a world of possibilities.
Speaker 1: With different CCNA specializations.
Speaker 2: We're talking cloud collaboration, cyber ops, data center, industrial security, service provider, and wireless. Wow.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, it is. It's not a one size fits all certification. There's a path for everyone, for sure. Choosing the rights specialization can feel overwhelming, overwhelming, but think of it like choosing your superpower.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be the master of cloud networks or maybe drawn to the fast paced world of cybersecurity?
Speaker 2: So many choices.
Speaker 1: The guidebook encourages you to explore each track and figure out which one aligns with your skills and aspirations. Absolutely, once you found your path, Yeah. The guidebook emphasizes the importance of resources the Cisco Learning Network, study.
Speaker 2: Groups and practice exam.
Speaker 1: Think of these resources as your training montage.
Speaker 2: Getting prepped and ready to conquer that exam.
Speaker 1: Practice makes perfect always. Those practice exams are like sparring matches, helping you, helping you identify your weak spots. Ah, so you can go go into the real exam with confidence. Now let's dive deeper into that crucial into that crucial CCNA Routing and Switching track chapter seven. Think of this specialization as learning.
Speaker 2: The foundational language of networking.
Speaker 1: You'll master those essential.
Speaker 2: Verbs, implementing, designing, configuring, and everyone's favorite troubleshooting networks.
Speaker 1: That's the one. But just like any language, networking is constantly evolving. Constantly, the CCNA makes sure you're fluent in the latest tech trends like IPv six.
Speaker 2: The next generation of Internet addresses at SDN, giving you the power to control.
Speaker 1: Your entire network through software.
Speaker 2: It's like learning slang.
Speaker 1: You need to kilp up with the latest terms and then techniques to be a truly.
Speaker 2: Effective network professional. Absolutely, the CCNA make sure you're ready.
Speaker 1: To tackle whatever the future throws.
Speaker 2: Your way, whatever throws at you.
Speaker 1: But here's the cool part. While learning about these new technologies, uh huh, you also get a glimpse into the history of the EXAM itself.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: The guidebook traces its.
Speaker 2: Evolution, showing how it's adapted to.
Speaker 1: Incorporate the latest advancements and meet the ever growing demands of the industry.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's like watching a time lapse of the Internet's growth, from those early days of simple networks to the complex interconnected systems we have today.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Speaking of history.
Speaker 2: Let's take a trip back in time.
Speaker 1: To the early days of Cisco.
Speaker 2: Back when those blue boxes were making.
Speaker 1: Ways and Cisco was on its way becoming a tech legend. Let's rewind and see how.
Speaker 2: Their journey unfolded, and more importantly, let's see how their past innovations.
Speaker 1: Have shaped a present and future of networking. Up.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a wild ride, it is. So we've explored Cisco's wild beginnings.
Speaker 1: Those early days.
Speaker 2: They're impressive.
Speaker 1: Product lineup, it's impressive.
Speaker 2: We even debunked some EXAM myths. But let's get real here.
Speaker 1: Okay, why should you, the listener you listening right now.
Speaker 2: Care about Cisco, this whole CCNA thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's in it for you? What's in it for you? We'll think about it, Okay, I'm thinking about it. We live in a hyper connected world. We do everything from apps on your phone.
Speaker 2: To the global flow of information.
Speaker 1: All depends on networks need skilled professionals.
Speaker 2: To keep them humming, to keep them going. That's where the CCNA comes in.
Speaker 1: It's like being a doctor for the Internet. You're keeping the digital world healthy, healthy and connected.
Speaker 2: With more businesses going.
Speaker 1: Digital every day, the demand for network pros CCNA is skyrocketing.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: And it's not just your typical IT department jobs, not at all. A CCNA can open doors to cybersecurity, cloud computing, even data analytics. Yeah, it's a versatile certification to stand out in a job market that's becoming more tech driven by the day for sure. Plus, with remote work on the rise, so.
Speaker 2: Many people working remotely.
Speaker 1: A CCNA can equip you to work from anywhere, anywhere in the world. Imagine troubleshooting a network issue from.
Speaker 2: A beach and BALI. Not bad, right, not bad at all.
Speaker 1: It's not just about getting a job. It's about expanding your horizons.
Speaker 2: And creating a career that fits your lifestyle. And of course about the potential.
Speaker 1: Or a hefty salary increase and some serious career advancement.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't love a bigger paycheck, right, But beyond.
Speaker 1: Those practical benefits.
Speaker 2: What really struck me about this guidebook. What's that is the emphasis.
Speaker 1: On the human side of networking.
Speaker 2: The human side.
Speaker 1: It's not just about the tech, it's.
Speaker 2: About how that tech impacts people's lives. Absolutely, networking is all.
Speaker 1: About connecting people and enabling communication.
Speaker 2: So strong communication skills, teamwork, a.
Speaker 1: Passion for solving real world problems.
Speaker 2: These are all just as important as technical know how. It's like being a detective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gather clues, you analyze the situation, and then you come up with a solution to help people stay connected.
Speaker 2: I like that analogy.
Speaker 1: But you know what, right, the guidebook doesn't really dive into into.
Speaker 2: The mindset, the mindset needed to thrive in this field.
Speaker 1: Because technical skills are essential, yes, but without the right attitude, it's easy to get lost in this ever changing world of tech. So true, So what kind of mindset are we talking about here? We'll quality. I think you're essential for someone who wants to conquer the world of networking.
Speaker 2: Well, curiosity is number one.
Speaker 1: Curiosity.
Speaker 2: You have to be genuinely interested.
Speaker 1: In figuring out how things.
Speaker 2: Work, exploring new technologies, always learning because the tech world never stands still.
Speaker 1: It's like having a thirst for knowledge, the thirst that never quite gets quenched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have to be okay.
Speaker 1: With not knowing everything.
Speaker 2: Because there's always something new to discover. Resilience is key.
Speaker 1: Resilience.
Speaker 2: Things won't always go smoothly.
Speaker 1: You'll hit roadblocks, you'll make mistakes.
Speaker 2: But it's about getting back up, learning from those.
Speaker 1: Mistakes, and pushing forward, just.
Speaker 2: Like learning to ride a bike.
Speaker 1: You're going to fall a few times, but you get back on and keep peddling until you master it.
Speaker 2: Persistence is definitely key. Yeah, don't underestimate the power of collaboration because network is rarely a solo mission.
Speaker 1: You'll be working with teams relying on the expertise of others.
Speaker 2: So being able to communicate effectively, build strong relationships, and.
Speaker 1: Work together towards a common.
Speaker 2: Goal is super important.
Speaker 1: Again, let's not forget about.
Speaker 2: The importance of attention.
Speaker 1: To detail, because in networking, even small errors you can have major consequences. Like being a surgeon, precision is key.
Speaker 2: Every configuration, every command has to be carefully considered.
Speaker 1: To ensure the network runs smoothly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of support systems.
Speaker 1: The guidebook mentions the Cisco Learning Network, but don't forget about the vibrant online communities.
Speaker 2: Forums, study groups, networking events are gold mines of information and support.
Speaker 1: It's like having a global study buddy system. You can bounce ideas off each other, get your questions answered.
Speaker 2: And learn from people who have walked the same It's a reminder that you don't have to go it alone on this journey. And if you're looking for more structured guidance.
Speaker 1: Cisco offers a variety of training programs.
Speaker 2: Both online and in person.
Speaker 1: Think of them as boot camps.
Speaker 2: For aspiring network professionals.
Speaker 1: You'll get hands on experience, expert advice, and a chance to connect with other students and professionals. It's like having a personal trainer for your networking skills. They'll push you to be your best and help you reach your full potential. Now, while the guidebook dives deep.
Speaker 2: Into those technical aspects.
Speaker 1: And there's one section that I think.
Speaker 2: Deserves extra attention, extra attention mastering interview skills.
Speaker 1: The art of showcasing.
Speaker 2: Not just your technical prowess, but.
Speaker 1: Also those all important soft skills communication, problem solving, teamwork.
Speaker 2: Because remember You're not just working with machines, You're working with people. It's about telling your story in a way that highlights your experience, your passion, and your unique value proposition.
Speaker 1: Think of it like crafting.
Speaker 2: Your superhero origin story.
Speaker 1: You want to captivate the interviewer and leave them thinking this is the network hero we need exactly, and remember, preparation is key.
Speaker 2: Research the company, understand their values, and.
Speaker 1: Be prepared to connect your skills and.
Speaker 2: Experience to their specific needs. It shows you've done your homework and you're genuinely interested. It's like showing up for a date having actually read their.
Speaker 1: Profile and knowing what they're into.
Speaker 2: Makes a good impression.
Speaker 1: It does, and don't forget about asking thoughtful questions.
Speaker 2: It shows you're engaged, curious, eager to learn more about the company and the role.
Speaker 1: It's a two way street, after all, you interviewing them just as much as they're interviewing you.
Speaker 2: You want to make sure it's a good fit both sides, and even if you don't land the job. Yeah, the interview itself is a valuable learning experience.
Speaker 1: It helps you refine your skills, identify areas for improvement, and gain insights into what employers are looking for.
Speaker 2: It's like leveling up your character in a game. Each interview gives you experience points that make you.
Speaker 1: Stronger, more prepared for the next challenge. But even with all the preparation, interviews can be nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But the key is to practice your responses.
Speaker 1: Be confident in your abilities, and.
Speaker 2: Remember that the interview is.
Speaker 1: An opportunity to showcase your best self, have a conversation, don't be afraid to let your personality shine through.
Speaker 2: Let it shine.
Speaker 1: You want to make sure your passion.
Speaker 2: For networking is contagious. Enthusiasm goes a long way.
Speaker 1: Now. We've talked a lot about the CCNA as a stepping stone to a successful career.
Speaker 2: But let's not forget about the bigger picture.
Speaker 1: The ever changing landscape of technology.
Speaker 2: It's like trying to hit a moving target.
Speaker 1: How do you stay ahead of the curve.
Speaker 2: When new technologies are emerging all the time. That's where continuous learning comes in.
Speaker 1: The CCNA isn't the finish.
Speaker 2: Line, it's just the starting point.
Speaker 1: It gives you a solid foundation that's up to you to keep building your knowledge and expanding skills.
Speaker 2: It's like building a house.
Speaker 1: The CCNA is your sturdy foundation, but you.
Speaker 2: Need to keep adding rooms, upgrading appliances.
Speaker 1: And making sure everything stays up to code as technology evolves, and that means embracing the challenges that come with working in a dynamic field.
Speaker 2: Be adaptable, be curious.
Speaker 1: Be open to new ways of doing things.
Speaker 2: Think of it like learning a new dance move.
Speaker 1: You might feel awkward at first, but the more you practice, the smoother you become, and eventually you'll be leading the dance floor. So we've talked about building the house and learning the dance moves. Yeah, what other analogies can.
Speaker 2: We come up with to stay ahead in the tech world?
Speaker 1: So many good ones.
Speaker 2: Well, think of it like being a surfer. Okay, you have to constantly adjust to the waves to stay on top, To stay on top of that board.
Speaker 1: I like that. You need balance, agility, and.
Speaker 2: The ability to anticipate your next exactly.
Speaker 1: And that brings up a really interesting question. As technology advancing, especially with things like automation, artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: The Internet of Things.
Speaker 1: All those things, how will the role.
Speaker 2: Of network professionals change?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a big one, I know, right, What new skills do you think will be essential.
Speaker 2: For success in the future of networking. Well, that's something that's something we all need to think about.
Speaker 1: Well. Network pros need to become super specialized in certain areas where they need a broader understanding.
Speaker 2: Of how all these different technologies we're together. It's like we're shifting from building the roads.
Speaker 1: To actually on those roads.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: It's about optimizing performance.
Speaker 2: Making sure everything is secure and.
Speaker 1: Reliable, anticipating potential issues.
Speaker 2: Before they even happen exactly. So it's not just about keeping the lights on anymore.
Speaker 1: It's about shaping the future.
Speaker 2: Of how we connect and communicate, absolutely, and that's what makes the CCNA and Continuous Learning. They give you the.
Speaker 1: Foundation to understand those coreporatecis of networking, which will always be relevant even as technologies come and go.
Speaker 2: It's like learning the alphabet.
Speaker 1: Once you know the letters, you can build any words, even ones you've never seen before.
Speaker 2: And that brings us to our call to action and you're the listener. If you're intrigued by the world of Cisco and all.
Speaker 1: The possibilities a CCNA certification can unlock.
Speaker 2: It's time to take that first step.
Speaker 1: Head over to the Cisco Learning Network.
Speaker 2: And start exploring.
Speaker 1: They have everything from free introductory courses.
Speaker 2: To detailed study guides, practice.
Speaker 1: Exams, even virtual labs where you can get hands on experience and like a buffet for your brain, you.
Speaker 2: Can sample a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Find the perfect specialization.
Speaker 2: That fits your interests and career goals absolutely.
Speaker 1: And remember, yeah, this deep dive is just the beginning.
Speaker 2: The journey of learning.
Speaker 1: And discovery in the world of networking.
Speaker 2: Never truly ends.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it.
Speaker 2: By staying curious, embracing challenges.
Speaker 1: And connecting with other passionate people in.
Speaker 2: This field, you'll be well whip to ride the waves of technological change.
Speaker 1: So go out there, explore, experiment, and never stop learning.
Speaker 2: You have the power to shape the future of networking.
Speaker 1: It's time to take that power and run with it. Until next time, keep diving deep and keep those networks running smoothly.