Speaker 1: On Tuesday or whatever you want to call it. It's actually cruel and unusual. I was just thinking about this as I was dragging butt this morning. Give a man a three day weekend, two days fine, right? You still remember what the you know, your work is, what you're doing, You're used to it. You throw that extra day on there. I don't know, man, that first Tuesday back. I think the way you got to handle this is three day weekends or four day weekends, so at least you could rest on the fact that you worked less days than you did, not.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: These are my two thoughts this right, that mostly because I'm grumpy. And two, if we don't have Maverick every day all day, so you need a few Mavericks buzzing caracas with that jet low so he can see it. I'm I don't know what we're doing. I know that we have a little we had a little shortage and some some portions of the armed services, but I'm sure we got enough pilots between the branches. What are we doing? And if you don't know what that is, we took Maduro's jet chilling in Fort Lauderdale right now. The thing was, I was in the Dominicans somewhere and US is like, hey, that's ours, and I'll give you the story behind it. And they just jacked Jude Dude's jet and apparently he's he's not pleased, which is weird because pretty much he you know, keeps and then spends on really really fancy stuff whatever he wants. So, yeah, we took the Venezuelan dictator's jet. Now the reason is apparently the reason is it was illegally acquired. That's I had to read two articles too. They were this is the thing that kills me, Like, that's the first question I have, and it's just buried in the CNN piece and the eventually I found an article that I think there's a little better job of explaining it. And admittedly I don't necessarily still remember what it uh, you know, what the law is there or what exactly they're accusing him of, but basically he you know, we have an embargo, and that embargo works two different ways. The embargo works where you know, we we don't buy stuff from them, and it's a lot toothier than that. But also if you're a US company, you can't sell big stuff to them. You know, there's there you can sell food and medicine and stuff, and then they just don't buy it out of spite, but you can't sell stuff that could have a military purpose, and that includes an airplane. Now it's not a military plane. It's uh, you know, it's a rich dude's plane. Specifically, it's a Dassalt Falcon owned and operated by Maduro, but not really. I mean it's owned operated by Maduro, not even the Venezuelan government. And basically they put a shell company together. They did a bunch of stuff, bought the plane and then you know, dude flies it around to do things like I don't go to like the world's fanciest restaurants and whatnot. Well, he took it a Dominican Republic for whatever reason, and it needed some maintenance, so they left it in Dominican and the US got wind of it and they're like, that's ours. According to Mary Garland, the plane was illegally purchased for thirteen million dollars through a show company, So I guess it's probably not a real nice one. I don't know. I'm not up on my plane pricing, but so we saw it and they're just like, yeah, we're gonna take that, and then we flew it to Fort Lauderdale and then issued a press release. So there you go. Do you think you try to get it back like you know, like a gone in sixty second situation. This is why we have to have it on a base and this is why we got to buzz Caracas daily. Maybe get a new paint job on it, stars and stripes, just so he's looking up from the Presidential Palace or whatever it is there and it looks like by jet. Yeah, absolutely, that's what you get, sir. Uh. Anyway, I doesn't say what they're gonna do with it. It also doesn't say who sold it. I guess maybe they're not. Maybe because it was a shell company and they went through great lengths. I guess maybe whoever sold it is Yeah, here we go allegedly used a Caribbean based shell company to can steal, involved men in the purchase and purchased it and misrepresented to a company in Florida. Okay, so there, I guess they don't necessarily think that. So what happens does the company give the thirteen milback or do they just not go to Venezuela. Yeah, the plane which landed in the Dominican a month ago was believed to be there for maintenance, so they're probably doing big maintenance on it, but it still flies. I guess they're still still investigating anyway. All right, So there you go. That's my favorite story of the day. You know what was interesting is I saw people on there and they're like, well, the US A seizure, it's a bunch of tyrants and all that stuff. I don't I don't think so here. I think that they clearly if that is true, it was. It wasn't just that he bought a plane and then we stole it because we could. It sounds like they went to great lengths to do this, and that's what they're enforcing. So I guess maybe he's just out the thirteen million, which is roughly now was it dollars or was it venezuelan. It was Venezuelan stuff. He's out like a buck fifty. I'm not sure what the inflation is there, but it's pretty bad, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I'm just saying we have a little fun with it, but you know, I'm a jerk, So whatever, Rose will get your jets seized over the weekend. You're good, Oh, okay, good. So apparently it was it was just that dude, let's see here all right, Oh my good, that story's fun. And then Kamala was out telling the freedom story again over the weekend like she's a fog horn leghorn. I'm not exaggerating. You know, I had ignored it to this point because we always get these must I ignored it. I'm sure I mentioned it, but I didn't dwell on it. Right, We always get these politicians where somebody notices that they went to a rally. The rally happened to be I don't know, below the Mason Dixon line, and they're not from these parts, and they sure want to sound like they are, or they you know, they go up to Wisconsin or Minnesota and they sound like they're an extra on Fargo. And then we laugh at at whatever is that being said when it this might be the most comical that I've heard in quite some day, more than Hillary. And that's saying that Hillary cut Everyone references and still makes fun of what is it, Ain't tired, Ain't none tired, or something like that with Hillary, and he just said, what are you doing? You live in New York. I know you're from Arkansas, but you haven't spoken like that in decades. Kamala Harris never from the South, grew up with a couple of pH D parents, grew up for some time in Canada, so I guess it was a Canadian accent. I'd understand. But holy hell, what is this?
Speaker 3: You better thank a union member.
Speaker 1: One the five day work week.
Speaker 3: You better thank a union member for sick leave.
Speaker 1: You better thank a union member for paid leave.
Speaker 4: You better thank a union member.
Speaker 1: For vacation in time. What is that? I mean, she's not cackling at least, so I don't know. I don't know what. I prefer the weird laughter at weird moments or whatever. Whatever that was. So, uh, anyway, coming up on the show, let's see here, all right, well oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, all right, we got to get to the museum stuff. Oh and somebody sent me, dude, Roster. You know, I got like five emails over the weekend from people on that Dustborn game, like people who are playing it and just found stuff in it. Dude, do you know what's got a theme song? Oh all right, well we may have to touch back on that, and you all need to stop robing Chase. They're onto you. I don't know what you do about it, but they're on to you. So we'll get to that and so much more. It's Tuesday at six sixteen. Hang on taking Maduro's jet that he created a fake company to go ahead and buy. And why wouldn't you for that dude, for that piece of garbage who somehow won his last election. And you know what I mean. Granted we got his jet there, but like I feel like he'll pay less consequence I mean, other than the jet, but he probably has another. He'll pay less consequences than all you idiots trying to build Chase Bank over the weekend. What the fact that we now run scams as TikTok challenges? This is every day you find something And I still don't fully understand this. But I also don't have Chase Bank. But apparently I don't even know if this is a glitch. It sounds like this would be something functional within the system. So that's the part I don't understand. But basically, people were on social media bragging about using their own names to scam a bank with checks that they wrote with their name on it to themselves. How do you think that's going to go. I mean maybe if you live in California and you just alluded to Walgreens, you probably feel like it'll be fine so you don't suffer any consequences. So I still don't get this. All right, So here we go. A glitch and Chase bank system allowed people to withdraw funds they weren't entitled to, prompting the bank to place a seven day hold unaffected accounts. Well, here's the thing. There's probably a lot of people can't get access to money who didn't do anything. They just happened to de positive check and then attempt to do a withdraw even if they I guess they weren't doing anything illegal. Right From Newsweek, the glitch allowed people to withdraw large amounts of money from their accounts based on fake checks. Really, this just sounds like the way people get scammed on eBay. Right, somebody contacts you. How many of you have had somebody contact you and you've had something for sale on Craigslist or eBay or the fate his Facebook marketplace or whatever it is. And they're like I in bad English, like I want this, I send you check, and I'm just like, yeah, you do I'm I can't meet. I'm a doctor's without borders and I'm on assignment in Africa. It's literally what I got told when I was selling something. I'm just like, well, you got to come over. Oh no, I'll send you a check. And then I never got to that point with me. But every one of the stories I've seen, basically they send you a check and it's for like, so if you agree on five hundred dollars, it's for five thousand because they don't understand how zero's work. And I'm like, oh my gosh. And then they want you to deposit it and then either mail them with gift cards or do a money transfer for forty five hundred, and people do it. People do it. I just be like, dude, you need to get better with checks. Let this be a lesson. And then if it doesn't clear whatever, just don't spend it. According to and then so people went on like TikTok bragging about this. According to social media users, people exploited a system there to withdraw money after depositing fake checks, and so they would deposit the check the check and even though it's it seems like chase kind of works, like my bank where if you deposit a big check, initially my bank will allow it depends how much money you have in your account. But if you put a big check in my bank, does it where you can have access immediately to like two hundred and then you got to wait for the next day and then you know the rest post your account, although if you have enough money in there. General, I've noticed I haven't dealt with a check in so long, especially a big one. It it just shows up. So Chase has a feature for these next day loans, and so again I don't fully understand it. I don't know Chase's system, but people are just like, yeah, so here's what you do. How do you think your banking is going to go from here on out? Ross you ever bounce a check back when we still use checks? Oh?
Speaker 5: Sure did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? I remember the first time I bounced a check. I was in height.
Speaker 5: It was because of like criminal stuff. Was poverty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I wrote I wrote a check and I can't remember. I can't remember what it was for. It was a few hundred dollars, it's uh, something I was buying and I wrote the check. And I was just young and stupid, and I like I didn't look to see if the check cleared, and I thought they I thought that they were going to come arrest me because I'm just like, oh my gosh, a few hundred dollars and I had to go to the bank.
Speaker 5: It was a local bank first. And I mean this was also like forever ago before everything is online. Yes, yeah, like before before the smartphones and the apps, where you actually had to have a check book and figure out how much you had on your account. Yes, yep, absolutely, and I kind of probably knew, but I was just dumb.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I remember. I remember exactly what I bought or exactly what I bought, because I literally when the check bounced, I literally found the do that I had bought it from, apologized profusely, and gave him money about a week later, like that whole thing. So one was the Chase thing. I don't know, enjoy your enjoy your payday loan future, because I suspect they're going to cancel your account and they talk to each other. I don't understand that one. And I can't figure out what the world is stupid museums whining about are you ready for this? Where is this? Manchester Okay, so it's in the UK. They got a museum, and you know it's got museum stuff, isn't it. This one is uh nature museum, so it's got stuff critters. Man, what do you got? That's what you go there for. You go and you want to see some live stuff. You want to see some stuff that's taxi dirmied, you want to read about it, you want to learn about it, maybe see some stuff that in some cases doesn't exist anymore. In the museum there in Chicago that I went to, they have literally like they have a dodo and they have some other stuff and when you look and when you see one, you're like, that doesn't look that delicious. But whatever, that's the thing that happened. And then you walk out of there. It's simple. But even this simple thing, they couldn't friggin help themselves. They couldn't help themselves.
Speaker 6: Brat summer is nearly over. Are you ready for taxidermy autumn?
Speaker 1: This is real. They're doing brat summer and you can't. I thought that was a common And by the way, I haven't even heard anyone mention brat summer or coconuts for weeks. Anyway, I'm sorry go ahead, lunatic brat.
Speaker 6: Summer is nearly over. Are you ready for taxidermy autumn?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, if you hunt, y'are how many of you are super excited about taxidermy autumn? Dude? Did you guys see that buck they killed up in Richmond? This ridiculous non typical And that's the important thing. It's a non typical, so people know it, and it just happens to be a friendly deer that lives in the cemetery up there. Yeah, I guess some guy went in there with the black powder and captives so he can't hunt for like ever again. But that's another dumb thing if you go kill a big non tip. I don't get me wrong. I'm sure some of you right now know where a big, big old buck is living inside city limits, or you see him on your way to work and he happens to be in the you know, on a lot, well you know it's private property, or maybe even in a park, but you don't shoot it, and you sure don't submit it for the big buck contest in Virginia, which is what they did, so that unraveled rather quickly. But yes, if you're in a hunting you're also into taxidermy season. So you haven't lost me yet, go ahead.
Speaker 6: This is some of the most taxidermy coded trends.
Speaker 7: Suspicious squirrel, cheek, jaded toad, goblin mood, demure beaver, treadwife, hunted fish, vibes, checking bonfires for hedgehog's core, fox in a box, girl boss, emo, goth badger, glow up, eclectic platypus, riz angry panda, wave monkey with the brown teeth esthetic.
Speaker 6: Charlie Xcox. Give the people what they want, more taxidermy in pup now.
Speaker 1: All right, So at this point it's just stupid, right, all right, So they're going with the ribs and the trad white you know, they're trying to use the phrases. But I assure you there's more at work here. Ah Manchester's Museum of Critters. I guess is UH is having a reckoning. See here's the problem Nick talked about, Nick, who is the focus of this article, who, by the way, goes by they thems has a problem, and that is that And let me read this quote. It is problematic that Nature Museum displays were categorized by cis hetro Victorian white men, which a lot of it did come out of UK, right, because you know they're basically the sun never sets on the empire there. And it's not that they were the first to see these creatures, but they're going to you know, places in Africa and the Americas. And you know that was a thing you did in the eat, especially in the eighteen hundreds. Have you seen Lost City of z Is that what they call it? Well that's a real dude. And him and his son would go and they were trying to find, you know, the city of Gold or whatever up in the rainforest, and eventually I found a tribe. It's like, yeah, we're gonna murder you now, but that's what they were there for. They were looking for all sorts of creatures. So while that is true that it was kep, but my question is considering we have a standardized system for categoring creatures, right, which I never I that was one thing in science, Like I never got that right, right, But you got genus species all this. If it's if it's a lesbian who finds it, is it categorized different? It's just stupid. But there's another problem. Most of the displays are male specimens. So they went through and they counted all the creatures in there that are physically on display, and they point out that there is more male creatures than female creatures taxidermy and on display in these nature museums. And that, my friends, that is problematic or it makes perfect sense now Raw and I haven't talked about this before. He did dub the audio in obviously ross. Why would you think that they would have a larger amount of male species on display, especially birds, because that's the thing the article focuses on, especially birds. Why do you think a museum would want a male species taxidermat and for everyone to see versus a female species, especially birds? And I want to a little hint, think about a peacock. Have you seen a female peacock? No, you have, but you didn't care. You know why because you want that big old fan thing.
Speaker 5: So you want like the more badass looking animal.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, So it's sort of like a lion, right when you think of a lion exact the big main.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. That's how when you go and you're like, all right, we got to put some on display. You know a lot of times you have one of each, But dude, you got some bird with nine thousand colors, or you got some lazy gray? Which one do you? Which one of people want to see at the museum. They want to see fantail man, they want to see the color. And you know what in actually it's empowerment. You women were so picky. You women were so off putting, well not you, the birds, some of you that they the men literally had to evolve to look more badass. So you quit friend zone in them or whatever. Oh, everything's dumb. Yeah, three day weekend and we and we're right back into this.
Speaker 8: Hi, my name's Nick. I used day then pronouns and today we're finding pride in our collection. So you can see behind me. You've got a lot of birds, a lot of taxidonic birds. And so during the Victorian period was when a lot of these birds were taxidony. The Victorian period was really run by sis straight white man. And it's very clear that perceptions that shown in beers. So the woman was usually seeing us quite submissive. That's why she's seen us lower down. The man was seen as very dominant, so that's why he was positioned higher up. And then having the children.
Speaker 1: Is oh, and that's the other dumb thing too, when if you see a display with two of the birds. Apparently they're at a different elevation. I guess I've never noticed. But again, I'm sorry they damn nick, I didn't mean to cut you off.
Speaker 8: Go ahead by solidifying that nucleus family.
Speaker 9: That was a big thing, but that but no, no, no, no, no no, it's still a big thing, right, the nuclear it's still a big thing because again we're not talking about humans here, talking about critters.
Speaker 1: It's still a thing. Not always right, there's some you know where it's but especially when you you know, when the species are actually mating, it's pretty much done in the same way.
Speaker 5: It's just like the gay penguin thing all over again. But yeah, I was totally gonna get yeah, but on like a museum scale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the works that these are dead, these are so you can't even like, ah, who's he going to go try to have sex with? Oh, no, you can't. It's a stuffed thing. Dude. You guys are so out of things to complain about. They didn't categorize them because they themselves were just white males. You're the ones who started bringing up that beaver really is into other male dude, beavers, how do you know, I don't know, been down one hundred years and the stuff, but I just I just decided that's the case.
Speaker 8: That's very interesting as well is that when we actually look at the collection that we have, about eighty percent of the animals and insects are male. Yes, so even when we're looking around the museum, most of this is a proportional to what we see day to day. The reason that people would collect the male species was because a lot of the time they were brighter, they were bolder. Yes, most of the males will have to try and attract a mate. Yeah, they had very bright plumas and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they didn't have tender or grinder I guess whichever. They didn't have that for your pets and other creatures. So yeah, that's that's how Oh wait, I'm sorry, that's still how it's done. So this dude's got to get all gussied up. He's got to go walk and scream at the females for a while and then maybe, just maybe one of them will hook up with him. It's it's it's literally a single spar. So what do you I'm sorry, what is the problem the.
Speaker 8: Female to them? But this means that we've actually lost out on a lot of history where we don't have as many female representations of this species. We actually have these orange tipped butterflies. So these butterflies we have to intersects variants of them as well, so it shows both male and female attributes to them, which I think is really interesting and it's kind of comes to question why we don't have all of these things on show. I think with our values as imagination, care and inclusion, it's important to start looking at all of these stories and seeing that there are so many that as hidden. Let's try and look through what we have here at the museum and find these stories because they are here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and look sometimes you do have them. I'm trying to. I'm trying. I'm turned ameer. The last time I was in the museum in Raleigh here, I never noticed. I never noticed at the at the museum downtown. But I'm sure somebody could go in there and count it up. So, Graham, this is over in the UK. So what are they doing about it? Well, you heard it with the first cut. They're gonna make it all hip demure beaver tradwife. Yeah, you know why they're tradwives because it's pretty universal how beavers live. And by the way, you're really aggressive with you too. And they're a big problem if you own property and you're doing irrigation or trying to run water and you live in an insane state. If you live in Wyoming, you just go bust that thing up. But if you live in like Michigan or whatever, like, dude, there's a dude in jail for blowing up a beaver dam like this year jail time. I think it was more for the explosives, but whatever. So yeah, yeah, it is. It is a tradwife thing because they live in these you know, they live in their little little area. It's gotta have a certain water level.
Speaker 5: They'll leave.
Speaker 1: I can tell you firsthand. They don't mix it up much, right, it's not it's not a creator's house right where you got like eight eight obnoxious? Uh you know YouTubers living in a house together. It's just there's there's what they live in. Here's who they're hooking up with. But so I I guess they're going to go through and uh, correct that. How are you gonna do that? This is this is where I started laughing because this is this is my final thought on it. But this is the thing listening to that audio, so that I realized nobody asked Nick. So, if you feel that your museum in Manchester in London, probably all of them, right, if you feel that they don't have enough female creatures on display, how do you solve that? You gotta go murder a bunch of female creatures. Literally, the only way to satisfy you is to either take down enough male creatures to make this person happy, or to literally start running around the world genociding stuff so you can even the count there. And I have a feeling if you said, hey, Nick, thanks for bringing this to our attention. All right, we're gonna go to and that you know wherever it is, and we got our guys are gonna go kill a bunch of them, so you're gonna get your way. I feel like Nick would have a problem with that. But Nick didn't think this through. By the way, By the way, do you know what Nick's organization is called? Lives Matter? Not black lives, not white lives, not everyone's lives, just lives matter, which is kind of like all lives matter, which I seem to remember is how you get canceled and kicked out of schools. So first world problems, man, which will now cause us to have to go the third world and start murdering stuff six forty nine, Hang on, no other than Kamala getting her her southern drawl on? Is it feels like there's more coverage of walls is as strange as that's and it likely is the case. He's specific like he speaking more, but like the amount of stories getting churned out about the Minnesota governor more so than even Harris, And I guess maybe because he's newer to it or and there's a conspiracy, they realize that's probably a lot better thing to focus on him speaking, because well, he says insane stuff like I'm going to create a phone lines you can tattle on your neighbors, but I'm all about minding your own business. Yeah, that's that's irritate. But he says it like a standard politician with a little bit of a Minnesota accent. Right, It's it's not new bs, it's traditional bs. Uh. Anyway, we'll get into what some of those stories look like real quick, Bob.
Speaker 2: That's so I was listening to the ladies go around and complaining about the uh uh too many male birds and the zoo, I guess, or the aviary.
Speaker 1: Uh, that would be they them, that would be they them, Nick. Yes, go ahead, I mean.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess I guess. The way they get of it that they go into nature and capture them and then put them in the aviary or or what you might call prison. And if you do find that they're a lot more male than prison than female.
Speaker 1: Well that is fair. But in these cases they aren't even live critters. They're dead. So we got to know. Here's the thing. If Nick comes in the museum, they them Nick comes in and goes, why are there more males? You tell they them Nick, that they identify as they them, and then let Nick explain their way out of that. This is just it was yeah, yeah, yeah, So I'm with you on both accounts. So my thanks for the caller, Bob. Some reason I thought of one thirty t time'd be a good idea. It was not, but it's still better than you know, ninety percent of the other stuff you could fill your time with, even if you do lose damn near two sleeves of top flights. But that's okay. Shot in ninety two, I'm kind of I'm not not repleased. So yeah, hopefully it did something fun over the weekend, because now it's that grind, that little mini grind, right, you know how many real holidays until you get into the holidays holidays and it's an election year, so you just you're just gonna get a beat with it over the head for the next few months. Uh and uh. And the stories. I have noticed this trend that there seems to be an inordinate amount of Tim Walls coverage and not just hey, Tim Walls went here and Tim Walls said this, like you know, they're the types of stories that they have to like concoct to be a little different, so they start finding little nuggets of stuff. So like, you know, an actual story is the the accident that happened with the Tim Walls caravan. Now it wasn't his vehicle, it was apparently the reporter vehicle, which I've actually been in this uh in this vehicle for a presidential rally. So basically, if you're one of the licensed pool and they're going to be doing several things, so if if if Trump was if Trump's coming to North Carolina, or if Kamala or whatever is coming to North Carolina. And or if the president you see this more with the president, the sitting president, they will give you for credentialing. Uh, they will give you like the three things they're doing there. And you have an option to literally show up at the airport and they will handle your transit too, just to keep everybody together. So if you're one of the if you're going to be in the pool and and you go to the airport and you're covering oh look, Air Force one landed, and you know, you get those photos and then you photoshop in a bunch of people and and and then at the next thing, if it's a public event, they literally have vehicles and they'll stuff all the reporters who hate each other into an suv or a van usually, And that's the thing that wrecked. Let's see here, the motorcade for vice presidential nominee Tim Walls crashed and route to an event, leaving one person moderately injured. You know, I didn't look to see who the reporter was, and I don't think it's in this story. So anyway, the vehicle crashed was a press poll van that was following the Minnesota Democrat governor now DFL governor. Now see, you guys should do your research. You'd call it. Go to Minnesota and call it a dfler, a Democrat, and they'll lecture you. Well, actually we're for farmers and union and blah blah blahlah is why we call ourselves the dfl whatever. Several cars in the Walls motorcade crashed just before one o'clock. M Yeah, so this is actually from the print journal pool. So one of the news New York Times, Washington posts this is not the person injured. Let's see here, lost almost two sleeves of balls. And you want us to believe you shot a ninety two. Yes, because I had a nine on a hole, sir, three balls on it. I went a little tin cup at the turn. So but I did have three birdies. I don't. Yeah, it was a weird day. Normally, I'm normally ninety two is not a bad scory. It was the way I got a bout to it. So anyway, got golfers calling me out. You want you know what, I have a six handicapser. It wasn't eight, but now it's a six. If it worked for Biden, it works for me anyway. No, I have a index is fourteen six. They're fourteen seven or so. I don't have it loaded right now, but for you golfers, that's the number you want to hear. There is anyway, so walls wallspool van crashes just for one and the pull A reporter put out a little report said one of their staffers was injured. So I guess it's not necessarily maybe it's the faux tag or something anyway, moderate injuries. But yeah, so you know you cover that. That's one thing. It's the rest of the stories that start getting ridiculous. Here's where the Minnesota Star Tribute and they love Tim Woles and they are that newspaper is chock full of moonbats. It was that WCCO TV is was the wr L that I always complained about of Minneapolis. In fact, we called him WDFL on the air. See that's how you make the DFL thing work for you. And uh and then the Minneapolis Star Tribune would just blow them all out of the water. They have been even more so than any newspaper in North Carolina that I yes, even the McClatchy papers, Star Tribune is they're gone. This is their feature piece. Tim Wolls, governor and gamer once owned a Sega Dreamcast. Here's what happened to it. I'm not gonna tell you. I'm not gonna share it. It's the You go read the article if you want. The Democratic vice presidential candidate may have played the system's chaotic driving game Crazy Taxi. M you ever played Crazy tax Ross? You ever played Crazy Taxi? Do you have a sag Ross every video game?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: You own a Sega Dreamcast, don't you? Collection?
Speaker 5: I couldn't afford the Dreamcast as a kid, or the GameCube. We had the game Cast.
Speaker 1: You're the game Cast? Okay, well I didn't know, but now you had. Ross has a lot or have you gotten rid of them? Ross has a stupid I remember.
Speaker 5: Good a bunch of row.
Speaker 1: I don't know you. I don't know why you took that picture. I don't know, but Ross, I saw you post a picture one time of what looked like a game stop on your kitchen table of and I'm like, what, like, what do you? They just sit there like a Star Wars collector in a glass case. I don't even know what you do?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 5: Actually they're they're they're sort of you know, everybody has that like box full of cables. You're never going to use again. Yeah, it's similar, but on top of all the cables, there are also video game consoles.
Speaker 1: And and and let's let's be honest.
Speaker 5: That you're never going to play again.
Speaker 1: Well, and here's why it's kind of underwhelming, now, right.
Speaker 5: It Well, it is and because even before you had these like emulators, and you had like the mini s, you know, nes and stuff and that they sold, you would plug in these old systems and you have this nostalgia of how amazing a game was. Yeah, and you'd go play it and it would be amazing for about five minutes. And after five minutes you're like, man, how did I ever play this? This sucks? I'm going back to my modern game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can only go left to right. It's not an open world, no, thank you. The very few games hold up. Very few games too. Super Mario Brothers three holds up, Legend, Selda holds up, Punch Out holds up. I'll play some contract right. The majority of the games Techmo super Bowl really holds up. I enjoy that, But the vast majority of games do not hold up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was well? I'm trying to think of the one I played for any s that was on an emulator. It was at a bar, and they had like an any they had one of the systems, but it had like that's the other crazy thing, right, they have a little like a little room. It's not it's a restaurant, but it's a bar restaurant, and they have like a game room still and you just don't see that, but they have one that has like a thousand games in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you go through very quickly. You're like, oh, I remember this games. Game's awesome. And you play it for literally five minutes and you're like, that's let me try a different on. Oh, this one is awesome, And you play for five minutes, you're like dun and you just go through the entire catalog like that in like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So and you know what, I remember exactly why I played this game because we had mentioned it on the air. So I get on there and I'm flipping through and one of the first titles I see is Excite Bike, and I wanted to see if those walls were really as flat as I remembered them as being right where you'd you know, you put ramps, and then there was just one ramp that was not a ramp. It was like a border wall and you'd have to get your bike and then your bike would overheat, and I want to say, within thirty seconds and went, yeah, that's stupid too. My bike overheated. I'm out overheats all the time. Yeah, the majority of the game is spent with your bike being overheated. Yet was your pit crew, what are you doing? Get an intercool or something?
Speaker 5: I mean what it was?
Speaker 1: This? This top level motorcycle racing and you have temperature issues. So anyway, now thirty seconds, I was bored and annoyed. Actually so, but here's why I mentioned Crazy Taxi. So Crazy Taxi had a thing in it where you pick up a person of color and they would want to go to KFC every time. Now you have to understand why they had it was like it was a marketing deal with young brands with on KFC Pizza, Hot Taco Bell, Wait what do you what do you what are you laughing about?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: But they just said they went, it's some food.
Speaker 5: It's I mean, that's smarter there, and this is in game advertising.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, but every time that was the thing. So I so like you think this is nostalgic if that was Donald Trump playing Crazy Taxi or mentioning Crazy Taxi, or knowing that it existed, this this article would it would be so different. And that put me down a rabbit hole this weekend because I was I was reading about this on Twitter, I post I posted something on Twitter about it, and then like I saw people putting links under it about like stuff in old video games. Look, not every time somebody claims that this old thing has racism or something in it, it doesn't, right, that's the thing. And somebody, somebody was documenting that the Backyard Sports Super Nintendo there was a fighting game where they had a black fighter and I'm not even gonna stay on the air, what is move was not even gonna say it, and a bunch of others, so my point being, my point, my point being that like it's it's out there. People are perfectly aware of it. And so this reporter I'm assuming would have to google Crazy Taxi to get some info about it to talk about it. And you didn't see any of that, Lewis Krause, Oh is that who that? Oh that's even a reporter who I remember? All right, well that actually explained some stuff there, But yeah, yeah, they that was a thing in that game. It was a very unfortunate marketing choice. And uh yeah, I think that's long been canceled. I don't know that I've ever played a Sega Dreamcast, so I don't know all the game sport all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Let's see. Oh when Walls said something over the weekend, Well, let me do this. Let's go ahead, and let's go ahead and take a break and we'll come back in just a few Hang on, that's okay. Let me just call this bad way up. Dern's got a little little issue the schools, and I can kind of relate. All right, here we go, here we go. All right, so we'll get to that when I finish up the Walls thing. He huh, all right, So so anyway, so what do we know? He's a he's a gamer man, he's a gamer. You know what. Any politician, in fact, I think this should be the law of the land. Any politician who gets up at a rally or in an interview starts talking about, you know, how young and hip and these things they do, and starts bragging their a gamer, they should immediately turn the game on and I want to see. I want I want to I want to see, right, because you can tell when somebody actually plays a game versus button mashing. I don't believe you. And as as little impact as that actually has, it's just one. I don't believe you're a gamer. I don't think you sit down for some I don't even call myself a gamer, and I actually do play sometimes. Ross is a gamer, right, so not but Tim Walls is not. And I want to, especially because he's bragging about crazy Taxi. I want to see that uncomfortable moment where he doesn't know the KFC thing and he's sitting there with the reporter standing around. One dude's got his arm in a sling because nobody can drive and anyway, and they turn that on and it's just video of Tim Walls picking up black dudes and taking him to KFC and how uncomfortable that would be. But again, nobody listens to me. They did check something else, he said, though, and that was his origin story. You know, what do we know about Tim Walls? Via Tim Walls, He felt a calling and it wasn't to actually go through the process of securing the rank that he would then go on to use for years. It was he felt a calling one day and that his service would be best utilized in the halls of Congress. And I've told you, you know, he was one of the first congressional campaigns that I have recovered. He might have been the first because I really wasn't doing the reporting stuff until I got to Minnesota and he unseated a Republican in a very red district. But he did it because he was just he displayed himself as a moderate. Now we know that's not the case. But they ran some other stories and that's why I kind of collected them all. And his his origin story is as he tells it, slightly different according to then. According to Walls, he was then a high school geography teacher in Minnesota because again he was in the Army National Guard, so you know, he's still working. And he alleged that what motivated him to run for Congress was an incident at a George W. Bush re election campaign event. And again that was the first presidential campaign that I covered too, and were Minnesota was considered kind of a swing state then, so we were getting these crazy interviews, like crazy interviews anyone you want, boo, you want Carl Row here he is, Giuliani here he is. How did it start under It wasn't the journalists to initially start to unraveling. It was literally the students in question who started tweeting about it. All right, So the story again that Walls was telling, and he's told this before, kind of because somebody found some video of him back when he was a member of Congress saying this, although it's slightly different than what he said the other day. But basically the story was, he's a geography teacher. He teaches in Mancato, I think he's out of Mankato, and two of his students tried to go to a Bush event and they were quote turned away because one of them had a John Kerrey sticker on his wallet. And Walls, who was quote not political at that point, was so outraged he started a campaign recruited the TV to shame the Republicans there in Minnesota for doing this. And so that's the way he explained it. Except the students in question, who are Tim Walls guys, I just want to point this out. Whether they didn't have a carry sticker. The two students are Democrats and they weren't Republicans. They were literally part of the school's demo Craig club, and they went to Gestavis Adolphus, which is a small university in Minnesota, and they were literally like one of them was the vice chair of the College Democrats and they worked for Walls's campaign. This was prior to him running. But here's the problem. So the students had question, who again, are not students now? This is two thousand and four or five, and you know, they started tweeting and it didn't match up. And then thankfully, let's see here. I try to remember this dude's name, one of the guys who was the lead for the Bush campaign reelection in Minnesota. I'm sure I've talked to this dude. He might have been the one who was pitching interviews. I don't remember him. He commented on this thing too, because there's a lot more to this, a lot more to this, like, first and foremost, when the event had been announced in man Cato, the Bush was coming to Mankato, so it was Mankato, Yeah, the Bush was coming to do this event. Walls picketed the ticket office prior to the student stuff, but potentially happening. So in you know, usually you get about what a week week and a half usually when they announced something's and so Walls went down there with a bullhorn and was picketing the event. So don't tell me that's not a political dude. And not even the event. He was picketing the ticket office for the event. I'm assuming it was probably at Mankato State's the field house there, So no, that doesn't hold up. Secondly, it was not a John Carey sticker. The two in question had been flagged by the Secret Service because they showed up to the ticket office and we're saying a bunch of stuff that was the Secret Service members on the day of Secret Service members felt could have been a threat. Now, whether it was or wasn't, I don't know. I guess they then investigated, and they have records of this because there's they wrote articles about it. They investigated. It was not the Bush campaign, it was Secret Service, and after investigating, they determined that they they are not a threat. And the Bush campaign literally went out of their way to get them tickets for the next event and ticketed them in and it was and they were. The Wall story was not out there yet. Wall's thing was separate than of these kids, So he's like injected himself into this. He was already out there picketing, some would say, and some of you that work in politics right now you're you're screaming at your radio because you're like, that's obviously a setup. I don't know if you know this. A lot of these things are a lot. It's it's why you hire dudes with tiki torches to show up to a a youngkin rally. Okay, this is what they do. Why because at any of these events there are a bunch of people from the opposite side that they call him trackers. There's another name for him where they just film everything right whatever the politician's saying, whatever, people who might be you know, whole power within a party are doing. It's how you get a lot of viral moments. Who was the speaking of Virginia governors? Who is the Virginia governor? Who what he called the dude with a camera, some very ethnic name and it literally derectd Maybe he wasn't It wasn't governor. I think maybe he was senator and he used a he used a very ethnic name and was pointing out the dude who just follows him around in films for his opponent the go to. Anytime you go to an event, even with a state white politician, chances are somebody from the opposite camp pain or the party is filming that and they're but they're also filming what you might be saying, right, so that they can have a viral story. You know how many times you've seen stories where it's it's not about the politician, it's about supporters. That's theirs, that's they love that man. And sometimes they'll just set stuff up. Oh, look at these these these guys, and then you know, it gives you the vibes of that picture that's still viral of the the you know, the perfectly acceptably fit law enforcement haircut dudes all wearing the same uh khaki shorts and shirts at the rally that everyone just uses as the meme for Feds.
Speaker 5: That's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Let's see here. According to uh let's see here. Yeah. According to the report, Bush campaign staffers told them when the media first came calling that Claver and Burkhart, that's their names have been flagged as threats to cause a disruption by the Secret Service, and they couldn't go in. I think probably because they had I don't know, maybe they had been there protesting with wolves. It's not clear how they got on there, but it does say that they said a list of derogatory and or threatening things outside of the event to some of the other folks and then tried to come in. What all is I don't know, but if you're out there screaming at people coming in there and then they don't let you in, you can't be surprised. Despite later claiming the snub by the Bush campaign helped him spontaneously decide to throw his hat in the ring with Carrie and become a campaign aid, which the Walls did. He was working with the Kerry campaign. Let's see. Oh, the other thing is it was the families of the two who asked wolves to go there. Everyone's sending me with the guy with that guy in Virginia said, I don't think that's it. I think he said something else. Plus I can't read that aloud. But if that happened too, this is what I'm talking about. Yeah, these these dudes are just following around. It's fun to try to spot him too. I mean, if you see him, who cares and I promise you the campaigns know who's following him around. So but yeah, just just keep in mind that that's the thing that happens, all right, coming up on the show, we got everyone's losing their mind over w n v A, m v p A. At least they're talking about it. At least they're talking about it. And how dare Caitlin Clark get more people apparently supporting her than Angel Reese? And I had to watch. I had to watch, you know, on scrolling the Twitter. I had to watch, like Cheryl Swoops and uh, just a few of the players you may have heard of who are now just commentators and stuff. Absolutely po man, absolutely p O. In fact, the only person who was making sense was I saw a post by RG three and normally he's on board with everything's racist kind of stuff. He's just like, you all need to shut up. And the argument was, the reason that it is that Angel Reese shouldn't get it is because the only thing that people were proffering is that she's on track to set a record for rebounds in the w NBA. Do any of you know why she might be on track to set a record for rebounds in the w NBA, because I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a tracked, skilled thing, and it's how you get a double double or a triple double if you want to. You know, you get assists, rebounds and then points scored. And obviously there's been a lot of rebounding greats. The difference is, and you've probably seen this clip, five of those rebounds are hers per possession, because nobody can make a damn basket. Do you see the video of her in there throwing it up four times and one of her teammates to stand on the three point line, and there isn't another player within the area code for her teammate, and she just went two, three, four, five, and and her play the other player's stand on three point? What are you doing?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: She just got five rebounds there, So yeah, people are very very mad. So that's that continues to go well, and of course nobody will admit the only reason I'm mentioning it, and then it's it's it's all up on the timeline and people are talking about it is not because Angel Reese came into the league. It's because she's the villain or the hero, depend on which side you are to Caitlin Clark, Right, she's the arch nemesis. That's what that's the story of the media is built. And of course then you have to inject the h the politics and uh because it looks like she might be Republican. Our boyfriend is and you know, and and all of the racism stuff. So all right, let's see here rased Agic from the weather cham if he's standing by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you couldn't wait, could you?
Speaker 1: I am so excited I could be.
Speaker 4: A Florida State fan. Though?
Speaker 1: Did you you here? Did you hear Roddy White's analysis on white Clemson did not even cover the fourteen and a.
Speaker 4: Half hours, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: And then it was down to eleven a game time. I'm glad I didn't touch that. Yeah, yes, Roddy White, there's too many white dudes on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, that was him.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, so just.
Speaker 11: One comment and it's overall like I think that you're you're probably in the same boat as I am, where when you can watch players play and teams play and go back and watch it. Because I started watching it again at home for some reason, I wanted to poll cot sticks in my eye and.
Speaker 1: Just say, like, I'll watch the whole mess, and I was, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Like, why are can't coaches see that? The first thing I know it's on the first series, Like one of the first series on defense, is why is Barrett Carter out on the outside covering a wide receiver on a pass play?
Speaker 4: Mike, he's an inside linebacker. I mean, there should be some kind of.
Speaker 1: Switch trickery stuff that these coaches.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of garbage.
Speaker 1: Score a touchdown and then it works once and they're like, I'm a genius.
Speaker 4: So listen.
Speaker 11: You can love or you can hate the run pass option thing. I think it's crap because the offense looks and it's such as thorough. It's I just think some of these offense lists you're perfect at it looks so slow and slow to develop that I just.
Speaker 1: Honestly, in my good night one of the guys who was I was watching this with we're all sitting around. He is a Clemson fan and he's just his His whole thing is Clemson will never be the Clemson of a few years ago again unless they're in the SEC. Uh, because they're just not gonna be able to recruit. I don't necessarily agree with that but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: This guy's a Clemson fan and he's like, he's just like, no, we have to we got to move. And I'm like, your trader, shut up. But well, I don't, and I don't.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know yet if it's the portal. Let's see if old miss or.
Speaker 11: Because Georgia certainly hasn't gotten a lot of people out of the portal, though not in the top ten. Let's see if some of the top ten teams who went to the portal when win the championship. Ole miss is one of the teams. Now, they're very good. You can't really base it on this weekend's play who Oregon. There are probably two of the top recrus I think NC State was in.
Speaker 4: There's one of the top ten portals.
Speaker 1: They've been doing a lot of some really good work. I mean with a kicker when they got that kicker a few years ago, and now they've just been getting some good dudes.
Speaker 4: So I mean, so we'll see.
Speaker 11: It's to me, it's remain I'm still cut of old school like to have but it is anyway.
Speaker 1: Also, don't have your NFL alumni say there's too many white players on the field. Yeah, that's that's not helpful.
Speaker 4: No, that's not helpful. Lot of anyway. Weather's quiet.
Speaker 11: Really don't see a chance of any rain to get in here by maybe Thursday. That doesn't look like a bunch of either a lots of sunshine after a little cloud today, partly sunny tomorrow Thursday in afternoon shower storm that basically doesn't call that great that Friday looks try to and cool, upper seventies, low eighties through the week, lows at night, sneak into the fifties here as we are this morning in some spots, but then get back to the load of its sixties late week. So pretty pretty decent week, all though it's cooled off. No more nineties or more hundred degree temperatures maybe for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I appreciate it, Thank you very much. We'll talk in an hour. Rased Agic there from the weather Channel. He's speaking of football. You know how it's been a little down over the first overall draft pick of the Minnesota Vikings basically sneezed and is out for the year, which is just our lock quarterback, the dude from Michigan. I found a team that's got a little worse, a little worse. Well maybe in the totality, I think that the Minnesota still got it worse, and I'll explain why. But holy hell, do you see what happened to that forty nine ers dude? If you didn't, we'll tell you about it next. Hang on, nobody's played a regular season game yet. So you got to cover all this stuff, and I was, I was, you know, reading some of that over the weekend. And just so, the Vikings draft class and if you guys are sick, listen to me talk about the Vikings. We'll get to the Bundesliga stuff later, but first, so the Vikings. You have to understand the Vikings draft this year. One of those dudes died, one of our one of the dudes we drafted died and uh, the number one pick by the Vikings. So what pick eight I think we had? Once again we draft a quarterback. Dude sneezes, he gets hurt. It happened to the dude from Louisville Teddy Bridgewater in practice. He literally took you, took a snap, went back three paces and blew out. They thought they were gonna have to amputate his leg so it's it's kind of a curse thing. And our last two first round draft picks don't even play for the team anymore. In fact, one of them, I think the Bills just signed him. So I'm seeing all this and it's you know, it's easy to be negative. Ross. You said the Bills have a lot of injuries. I was looking at the list. You're not exaggerating, they do, and you know, and you have to wonder what does that have for you? But then I saw what happened in San Francisco. Forty nine Ers first round pick Ricky Pursall. Dude was shot by a teenager over the weekend in a robbery. Yeah, at least in A suspect who was not named because he's a minor, tried to rob Percelle at gunpoint, at which point Percelle thought, I'm an NFL player, you're a punk. I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and and beat you up. And at that point the seventeen year old apparently discharged the weapons. So and but it was quite a scuffle because as the weapon was discharged several times, both of them got shot. Taking to the hospital, suspect and custody let's see here. It didn't hit any vital organs or anything. But this NFL player, you're probably excited to go to San Francisco. They put quite a team together here lately. I mean, that's a pretty good team, as Panthers fans are well aware. McCaffrey when he's healthy, Holy crapman, And you know you got this image issue already in San Francisco and meanwhile they're shooting your draft picks. And that's right, that's where I'm headed because I literally laughed out loud. All right. So the thing that Boston Paul keeps sending me because he's bored or whatever, is about Darius Slade. You know Darius Slay is he's he's very good NFL player. He plays for the Eagles, and.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a very good player. I'd love to have him on the Vikings. And he was. He's not happy and he's not hiding it either. So he spent the weekend just blasting the NFL. And the thing he's not happy about is because on Friday his team will be in Brazil to take on the Packers. And a lot of these players don't they they don't they do not like these overseas games for obvious reasons, right the whole You know, the schedule for an NFL team, like Thursday games jack him up, especially if they just played like a Sunday night game. Dudes are still bruised and stuff, right it is, It is arguably noticeable. And then when you start getting into now Brazil is less of an issue from a time zone perspective. I think it's an hour off the East coast and and and the East coast. I'm trying. I remember if I had changed clocks well whatever, you know, versus going to Germany or London or god forbid, being a team's got to spend two weeks over in the UK, which is one of the teams had to do. I forget which one, and then you got a fresh team coming in. It's crazy. But the Brazil thing is new, and so he he's upset because the because he wants his family to come there, and he's mad that the NFL is sending them to Brazil because it's dangerous. And then if his team of his family wants to come now, is Brazil dangerous? I mean yeah, it depends where you are and with the level of security. These dudes are going to have and the parts of Brazil they're going to go to, Like they're not going to the bar district in Rio. They're not going down by the which, by the way, I found just fine. When I went. I did not feel it. It's like it's like any other country in South America or Mexico or any of the rest right that you know noticeably have some crime issues, some of us sometimes pretty bad, but are also big tourist destinations. There is clear delineation about where you should go and where you shouldn't go unless you're an idiot. Okay, Like I'm not going up to the favelas or whatever, the ghetto, the barrios up there up on the hill where they you know, where they may call the drug movie. No, don't go there, but you want to go. You want to go and see like literally a bunch of American restaurants in Rio. They're there. They got a Hooters there I noticed. So like, you're gonna be fine, bro, and and your family's going to be fine. They have really nice hotels with brand names you've heard of, and again high level security. But the whole time he's saying it, I'm like you you play for the Eagles, the Philadelphia Eagles. I don't know if you've looked at some crime statistics in Philadelphia. It just had an insane some insane crime story last week. I forget what it was in Philadelphia, which you know in your shirt says Philadelphia on it. Dude, So that's your day to day stuff that your family deals with. I don't know where you lived. I'm sure he doesn't live in South Philly. But yeah, I think you're gonna be fine. And then what was the other NFL story? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the I can never well, now I don't have to. So one of the linemen for the Ravens, Justin Madubuki, I don't know. Well, that's not his name anymore. Dude just changed his name. I guess he so his his heritage is Nigerian. I guess his parents or his grandparents were first where immigrated. No, his parents did, Okay, so he and I guess he'd never been, and he decided to take a trip there during the offseason, and he got all inspired, and so he's he's doing the share thing, right. He just decided, I'm gonna go with one name, and I'm gonna go with a traditional name. So he's changing his full name to Nimandi, and I guess they'll just put that on there. They just throw that on the jersey and that's just that's it. Everyone just refers to you as that, yeah, which is fine. Guy's a good player too. Do whatever you want. I don't care. You can change your name to whatever you want, but it still won't be as good as he hate Me. That's one of these NFL players. Did that guy get any time in the NFL? I think he did. One of the teams finally brought Do you guys remember that was the XFL or one of the iterations of it. But they let him just put whatever on their jerseys and some dudes rolling around with.
Speaker 5: He hate me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that guy did get about five minutes in the NFL, and I can't remember if they let him use it. By the way, Unmandi is a boy's name meaning father is alive, but only if your father's dead. It's in the article here because if your dad's dead but you act like them, then it means that you're the reincarnation. It was in the story. I didn't know, so in case you were wondering, All right, let's get over the Durham insanity. So you got the Chrome book and you're in Durham Public schools could have a problem, all right, I just called it out. Here we go. According to school officials, the some of the Chrome books that were stored in the media center over the summer are chock full of bedbugs. So I don't have one of these chromebooks, so I can't blame my incident on this. But yeah. According to DPS, the entire media center where the bedbugs were found has been treated. All infected computers were also fumigated, and they said it was only the laptops that came out of there. I guess you call them chromebooks, excuse me whatever. As addition precaution, students who have already gotten chromebooks are asked to go ahead and bring them in and I guess I don't know the good dip them in something and give it to you. Uh but yeah, I mean you guys. I wonder what the number is here? How many houses have bedbugs now because their kid got himself a school computer, came home and infested the thing. It's not inexpensive. I'm not going to tell you how much I just paid for all those treatments. But it wasn't nothing. It wasn't nothing, and it's and it could be more in the future, I don't know, but it was. It sucked having to make that payment. Have a number here. Oh and then and this is this is the audacity. So in an email to potentially potentially affected parents, the district included a tip sheet on how to prevent the spread of bug of bedbugs and best practices, which I find really amusing because on it it says, one of the things that you're encouraged to do is maintain proper storage in a clutter free area that does not allow access by is not allowed insects access to it. So you wrote a woke, schold letter to parents telling them that their house may have a bunch of bed bugs in it, and then you told them that they better do this thing what you didn't do. And they asked me, suspect any issues with your chromebook, please report it to the schools so we can address it. It doesn't say they're paying for it. That's because they don't have any money because they can't figure out how to pay people over there. But yeah, so if you're listening, your kid's got a chromebook, it may literally be a trojan horse for bedbugs. So happy Tuesday till you're right there, all right, eight fifteen Kcoday Radio program. Coming up on the show. Somebody's got to try this, and it's not gonna be me, Sorry, but I am. I am curious. The hot new drink of the summer. Apparently that sounds not good, but I could be proven wrong. I'll explain coming up cac O Day Radio program. And I want to read the quote here. Just because it quote it's not like anything I've ever tasted before ever, doesn't mean it's good. I point this out because after the show on Friday, putting some stuff together, doing some production, and I do that last little scroll through on Twitter before I just kind of don't pay attention for as long as I can stand going into the weekend, and I saw this story several times, so of course it made it in the stack. Are you ready? It's from the New York Post. Ah, the latest drink trend taking over social media. People posting pictures of it. It's it's it's very hip. Is called gator wine, which one of you lunatics is doing this because, like they, it was trending. The damn thing was trending, and not just out of horror to the story. People are posting pictures of this. So you don't know what gator wine is. And I guess some YouTube influencer lady really like put the you know, bolster the image of this and so on. Lunatics, you get cheap red wine, I guess, so get some phronsia the good stuff, and you have to go with the blue gatorade, which, by the way, the light blue gatorade is not even the good gatorade. Can we agree here? Of all the gatorades, the one that I don't want is the light blue one. But who knows. Maybe that's your thing, but apparently that's what You gotta have light blue gatorade and cheap red wine, so and you just mix it, I guess, equal parts, and everyone says it's amazing. I think they're trolling you on what planet? Is that good? Actually she recommends you go with barefoot or yellow tail. See, I'm going much cheaper than that. I'm going to front I don't drink a ton of wine, but sometimes I do. But I yeah, I gotta go FRONTSI or you know something really classy. Dude, I ever tell you how I how we when I was in school, so I wasn't in a frat or anything like that, but I did live in a house on Del Plaia, which is the street in in Ila Vista, which is the Santa Barbara suburb of the University of California. Santa Barbara is and Del Plia is the street that faces the beach. So we had like eight dudes in this big house. So it's a real party row. And then as as you go up the road, there's Sabado and then that's where all the frats and cerrites and everything are. And so we had one that was almost right across the street from us, and these the dudes in there. It was U which one was. It wasn't one of the big frats, it was a it was one folk it was It doesn't matter anyway. These guys are just they'd come over for parties, but they were just kind of jerks, and and so then they would hold like these events and they had like a whining cheese party, right, very hoity toydy kind of stuff. And we were more we were more keg focused at our house and we're sitting around and then we realized, like they they would normally come if they were having like a thing over there, and then they would hand for they put flyers in the mailboxes on the street there, because you know, they charged it again the party there. Back when you could you could do that and not be illegally selling alcohol and so and so we didn't get one in our mailbox, and we were talking to our neighbors. They all got one, and it's like, all right, either somebody threw it away or they're just being passive aggressive. So we went to the grocery store and we bought two boxes of the I don't know if it was Fronzio it was when they first started boxing the line. We had two of those for you know, next to nothing. And then in the deli where they had the cheeses, they had like a basket and it had single shooter string cheese in it, and so we put we about like fifty of those, put them in a bag, and we rolled up on that party and you could tell we didn't throw the invite away. Guy didn't put it in there. He had beef with one of the guys who lived in my house, who was I guess the main dude there. And we showed up and they had like nice bottles of wine and they had like cheese trays with it all spread out, and we just do We just rolled in two boxes of phronsie and string cheese. And what made them more irritated is everyone's eating the string cheese because string cheese is fun. What do you want? So ah memories anyway, But I never thought let's mix blue gatorade in there. It is described as this summer's sangria. So stupid.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Light blue is glacier freeze. Yeah, that's the one. I don't want that, But I don't know. Some people mix weird stuff, like you lunatics who put Mountain doing your moonshine when fresca is obviously the best. I don't understand you. But again, just because a food combination tastes like nothing you've ever tried doesn't mean it's good. Do you know what tuna fish ice cream tastes like? I don't. I have no desire to find out. It's see here and and then and then they're ranking this on social media and the average score is seven out of ten. All right, maybe I'm missing the boat here because I have no desire to try that. Does anyone tried it. You can. You can give us your little tattle report. All right, let's get back to this. So I thought this was kind of funny. Uh so it was two things are funny about the DNC. One is watching every single conservative internet celebrity wearing like fake wigs and just roaming around there. That was great, don the very amusing this is, uh, this dude went a step further, so a duel Ali he is he has a conservative podcast and he is let's see, he's running in the twelfth congressional Yeah, twelfth congressional district here in North Carolina. He got himself into an MSNBC focus group and I don't know exactly what all they wanted to know to get in there, but I wonder, because the dude's a congressional candidate, I wonder if they just looked at him and said, oh, your name's Adul Ali, Sure come on into our focus group. And if they did, that's on them. So he's sitting down and you've seen these things where it's like, you know, Fox does an MSNBC, CNN. They get a room of ten, ten totally normal people. All right, let's let's go and get the audio here. So MSNBC. They're doing a panel and the panel is is specifically about mixed race voters. Okay, all right, fair enough, right, you know one of the candidates is h is mixed race. So but it's MSNBC. So I you know a lot of times you're putting these panels with these stories together, and you know the story you want to be the story, and so you will staff accordingly. Does that make sense, right? Okay? But what they didn't count on is this dude running for Congress in the nc's twelfth district, uh dul Lale. So he got in there. MSNBC said he did not disclose he was a candidate. I understand why you wouldn't want candidates undisclosed in there, but also isn't that on you to just google? Who? Just didn't you didn't think there was a possibility this dude was a Republican candidate. That's what's going on here, and you look stupid. And that's because within about five seconds this dude's starting to talk. The producer for this segment had to be like, what have we done?
Speaker 10: What about the rest of you?
Speaker 3: I just don't think that Kamala Harris has anything vested in the air finger quote black or Hispanic experience inso much as it would be identified by anybody that lives in those communities.
Speaker 1: You're saying you don't think that she can help black a brown people. No, I mean going to Howard don't make you black, all right? And you know what, by the way, even if he's not a Republican congressional camp how many videos have you seen of black voter who are not political candidates? Remember that? Remember that barbershop? Oh, dude, Ross, can you see if you pull up that barbershop audio from a few weeks ago, if you didn't hear this audio we played like nine times and it's it's this dude. I think it was for CNN, and he's like, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go to the barbershop and I'm gonna find the most stereotypical black barbershop I can find, and I'm gonna go in and I'm gonna interview these guys. And again it's about you're creating the narrative, right. Oh, they're gonna love Kamala Harris. And the best part of the video is not even what they say. It's clear the dude swung by the Fubu store before going over because damn, that is a nice new Uh what was what was on the shirt? What was it?
Speaker 5: It was a brand new Jordan T shirt.
Speaker 1: It's a brand new Jordan T shirt, like creases in it, right, But you just know that that dude was.
Speaker 5: Like he's dressing for like he's like, what would I wear in a Spike Lee movie?
Speaker 1: Right? Yes, absolutely, And that's that's to me, that's the funniest part. Like him said, all right, I got this shirt, I got some we get some sneakers, right, get.
Speaker 5: A little comes into a giant boom box.
Speaker 1: Got a boombox. Yea, absolutely got one of those comb picks things. Like he's just googling. He's he's probably googling how to do uh, you know to dap up dap up people, you know, the hands of the crazy handshakes and stuff. That's that's the part that I got the most amusement for. But it's what they said, let me play that for you that I think CNN off.
Speaker 4: Because Kama gonna make you.
Speaker 1: A little more likely or less likely to vote Democrats?
Speaker 5: Of course, great hold on right is its Kamala blacks.
Speaker 1: An, I'm gonna let her speak on that, but to me, no, and I like, how the one dude has just taken the interview over. Now he's interviewing the other guys.
Speaker 5: I share that same view.
Speaker 7: Wow, it's Kamala Black.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, I heard she would I heard she's half black, game half Asian.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, But I played that audio on my series XM radio program on Thursday. Many callers who self identified as African American were quick to tell me that those men were the exception, not the rule. Some describe them as low information voters, no different than you'd find among whites.
Speaker 1: But that's I forgot about that part. That's the kicker on this. So that's actually Michael Spraconish who's being interview He's not the one that did the barbershop thing. He just played the audio and he's the token Republican on CNN whatever.
Speaker 5: He's the Michael Steele of the group. Was some When we first played that audio, I was like, how come I haven't seen him on my timeline and for you know, forever, right, And it turns out I blocked him like forever ago.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's Racona. She's he's kind of he's he's fit into that role with Jennings over there. Who Now that somebody pointed out that Jennings is a Republican on there, Now there's like a a people are signing to get Jennings fired on CNN, which I don't care. You know, the guy is just a whipping boy over there, right, and he's just like, oh well actually, and then the old the nine other people on the panel destroy him. But if he's happy doing that and they're paying him whatever, all right. So I so back to this. So so this guy gets in on the panel and again listen to QUI, oh she what to Howard? Okay, all right? And then Ali says that I.
Speaker 4: Agreed with him.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know she identified as black because everything I saw was first South Asian, first Indian, this none of that identified as.
Speaker 5: Black, regardless of her parents.
Speaker 10: I mean, she was born in this country, and she identifies as a black person in this country in an American way, and a uniquely American.
Speaker 1: Identify herself as a black woman. Said multiple times, she's a black woman.
Speaker 4: I've never heard it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by the way, you can believe what this woman's saying or you can google any Kamala Harris campaign stuff printed by California news outlets about her Senate and AG stuff. Now there is, admittedly there is some where they talk about her full racial background, but literally there's like promotional materials that is leaning into the Indian side, which is fine, okay, whatever. I mean if look you when you got one parent one and one the other, and you you you want to get into the specifics of it, I don't care. You choose whatever one you want, doesn't bother me. And I don't care whether she's Indian, black, white, or whatever. I just want her to stop laughing. She'd be green. Stop laughing. But you know this, this revisionist history where we're going to pretend that she didn't lean into her South Indian roots is you can't make that argument. There's too much out there until Google figures out how to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, she was celebrated for being the first Indian American.
Speaker 1: It's the headline. It's literally the headline of her senate appointment. Remember she was appointed. It's literally the headline in the San Francisco newspaper. First this, first that, And you know how they use that stuff because how you know they still won't run articles, They still never ran articles. Giddy over Mark Robinson. I thought the first, this first, that mattered, and obviously it doesn't. So yeah, I love that that And what made MSNBC so mad is he's saying what Trump said at that black journalist thing. Remember those women he when he was on that stage. It was in the first moment you knew that they thought their job was to get them and not to have a conversation. And he's said that, and everyone clutched their pearls for a few days and lost their minds. Well, now you got this dude who you thought kind of probably looked like a Democrat voter because you didn't google it, and he's saying what Trump said. Oh no, no, no, no no. They did not like that. And now they're like, can you believe this guy who infiltrated it? I have a question. Did you ask him? I admittedly I don't know how you screen potential panel people. Did you ask him if he was a candidate for office you didn't google? Obviously, maybe you should should put that on a little checklist, a little getting to know you. I'm sure that they get some biographical details on these folks. So when they do the report they can say, you know, give a little background on the people there. But yeah, either way, good good on that dude man going in there and at least make them shift around in their seat for a few minutes. All right. So I got to tell you this story real quick. Hey, Ray is race agic there. He can listen into this. So I don't know you saw this story. There was about a forty five foot sailboat out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean over the weekend and it just they had opted a distress beacon and so ships are trying to get over to it. But as you are aware, there was a there was a little weather issue with Hurricane Gilma, and this this boat is floating right where it is and the waves are up to twenty five feet and they eventually, like they tried some commercial ships to get there, eventually they had to have a navy destroyer go. And I guess the guy who knew how to sail was dead. Yeah, a heart attack or something. So they get there on the boat and there is a forty five year old woman and a seven year old girl. Help us please the hurricanes coming. They they take a takes hours to rescue them. They get them on the boat and the woman goes, our pets are on board. Oh so yeah, navy see and then go and go to rest your pet. And so she has a cat, which is a navy personnel's life worth. I don't know you'd neither, and a giant sea tortoise and that apparently they drug on the boat and just lives on the boat. Now, oh wow, and they rescued like this giant sea tortoise. But it's a sea tortoise. It's if your boat overturned, bam and the and everybody's bobbing around the water. You think this tourist will let you hang on for a free ride to Honolulu, which was nine hundred miles away. Oh, it's going underwaters and this sucks man. Thanks for the lettuce. Yeah, it's absolutely yeah my pets. What is it a small cat? No, it's a three hundred pound sea tortoise. Also, can you just grab those and put them on your ship? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, something you don't see every day, right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Maybe maybe they were just happy to be doing something on the destroyer. Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know that could be.
Speaker 1: That could be anyway, all right, soah, oh they're French.
Speaker 11: So I mean, well, yeah, what are you gonna do? Let's see last quite a week. Last week had a couple of record setting days and Triangle had some hundred degree weather. All that's going away now. We got to north northeast flow beautiful few days.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 11: I've seen some clouds as you get west and north of Charlotte and your Salisbury into the mountains, but they're even going away. A lot of us seeing clear sky now, upper seventies today, Tomorrow, probably even Thursday. We might see a shower thunderstorm, try to sneak in here. Thursday does not look like my rain this week. We'll get back to near eighty degrees or above by Friday. On the weekend, maybe some showers in here Friday night and Saturday, but Sunday looks good. I don't see any really extreme heat coming back. I don't dare to say that we're done for the year, but right now looks like eighty or less right on through the upcoming weekend and not much rain. Looks like there'll be a week low pressure trying to go south of US and keep most of the moisture south.
Speaker 4: Late in the week, but right now looks pretty darn good actually, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, it was so dangerous they opted not to remove the dead dude, and he's just bobbing around out in the ocean right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take the pets, leave the corpse.
Speaker 7: You do it.
Speaker 1: That's my husband, but he's dead.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've got to be buried at sea anyway.
Speaker 1: Dude, what is I can't imagine? All right? Thank thank you, old.
Speaker 4: Chat Thank you really appreciate h Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you need thanks got race agent from the Weather Channel. That's the thing too. So yeah, that's not my husband whatever, but the turtle. We need the turtle. Dude. How many of you are first responders and you show up and there's a weird because you dogs are obviously going to be an issue for you too, you like the Amazon guy, but you're going into somebody's house. You got a bunch of pets having a medical emergency. You never had to rescue a giant tortoise, though, did you? All right? Eight forty seven?
Speaker 12: Hang on, Oh, it looks like a lower start ahead, casey right now, the S and P futures down twenty seven. Nasdaq futures are down one hundred and fourteen and the Dow futures are down two hundred five points. The stocks rallied the head of the weekend, but looks like investors came back in a selling mood. Investors will get a lot of economic data during this holiday shortened week. It starts today with a supply manager's report on August factory activity. We get that at ten o'clock this morning. Job market indicators highlight the economic calendar with the Labor Department's August employment report do out on Friday. Two media companies are at odds, and it's TV viewers who are feeling the impact. Eleven million Direct TV subscribers are without all of the Walt Disney owned channels because of the carriage dispute. ABC, ESPN and other channels will be blacked out on DirecTV until a new deal is in place. DirectTV wants better terms from Disney. There is a new video streaming option now available. Elon Musk's ex social media platform officially launched a beta version of XTV that allows X users to view video on their TVs. It's intended to compete with YouTube. It includes a range of live channels, including news, sports, movies, music, and weather. More than ten thousand hotel workers cross the country stage to strike over Labor Day weekend, calling attention to their demands for higher pay. The strikers are members of the Unite Here union, which represents housekeepers and other hospitality workers. There were walkouts from Honolulu to Boston. Couple of North Carolina firms announced new marketing deals. Chrispy Kreme has some special limited time donuts celebrating the sixty fifth anniversary of Barbie. Lots of Pink as you might imagine. Lowe's is the National Football League's official home improvement partner for the new season. And Casey, Deadpool and Wolverine was back on top the movie theater box offices over the weekend. It was a slow weekend for movies. The Walt Disney release took in another fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, okay, all right, well, thank you, Jeff. We'll chat tomorrow, sir.
Speaker 12: Sounds good talk to you.
Speaker 1: Then, have a good time there, Jeff Bellinger from Blomberg News. Do appreciate that. Okay? All right, so we get the bar that reminds me, dude, I did I tell you? I don't think I told you. Guys So when I was traveling earlier this year, I stayed at a Marriott, the standard Marriott, so you know, one of the bigger ones, and I go to check in in the lobby and they have a full size Barbie. It looks like the boxes that barbies come in with the accessories and but it's full size. You can walk it in and take pictures. And the front desk lady was like, oh, do you want to take a picture in there? No, I don't, and I do. I look like an eight year old girl. So he's talking about some of that stuff. I think that was a marketing thing they must have done with them, but unfortunately, there is not a photo of me in a Barbie case, nor will they ever be. All right, a couple quick things for we get on out of here this final segment. I want to make sure that I did get to all okay, yeah, I did get to all the audio today. That's good. Real quick, I want to hit you with with this story. This is great, dude. Chick fil A just does business well. And you know they're redesigning their restaurants incrementally. In fact, if you go to the Chick fil A on Capital obviously it's very different than the one that had been sitting there, and it's immediately noticed. You get the two big lanes right, people standing outside, which was not unusual, but no longer you've got to do that big loop around the bill. Well you still loop, but you're not just it moves much faster. So the very latest Chick fil A restaurant, the newest one in it's in Georgia is now they're full redesign and it's two stories. Okay, but it looks like a beach house because it's on stilts right essentially the way that it's built. Under it are four lanes, all with the people stage. They're all with the folks, and then the second story is the kitchen. It doesn't have a din in for this one, but in some of them it'll be kitchen and dining there. And it is able to serve six times faster than any other Chick fil A boom. And the lines are crazy now granted it's new, the lines are always crazy when it's new. And they got the conveyor system in there. I mean, they just and I don't understand how you have some of these companies, you know what it is, because they get their head all stuck up in all this DEI crap, and then they start doing stuff like what you saw Harley doing.