Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account in the Apple Podcast app and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller News bulletins, our post pay per view Roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per View Roundtables is of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership. PW torch dot com slash Go VIP, go all the Way, Go VIP. PW torch dot com slash Go VIP.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: PW Torch brings you the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post show.
Speaker 1: Five years ago. This week on the SmackDown post Show, I was joined by PW Torches Mike Myers. We talked about that night's show with live callers and responded to emails, and had two on site correspondents from Cleveland, Ohio. We talked about what happened in the arena when the two matches aired from Rolling Loud The Dark Match were Rains and Sena faced off in a tag match, crowd reactions and more. We also discussed with callers and react to emails on all key Angles, promos and matches with Roman Reigns, John Cena, Finn Balor, and Edge, the intriguing relationship with Kevin Owens, and Baron Corbin and what the upside could be, the continued developing chemistry with Michael Cole and Pat McAfee and more so, let's get to it. This originally live streamed on July twenty third, twenty twenty one, and it is today. It's Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post show five years ago flashback for Thursday, July twenty third, twenty twenty six. Well, Mike, I thought it was a pretty cool setting, seeing that big of an outdoor crowd in Miami and the ring entrance and the backdrop. Everything was kind of different and cool than what we're used to. But man, when the matches started, it was not a great wrestling atmosphere. The roster loose, the wrestlers were just trying to get through it. Their timing wasn't good. It just the chants were hard to hear, but probably inappropriate, and I don't I mean, it's a cool idea, but I'm glad Smacked Down didnt place entirely from there. Your thoughts on that novel aspect of SmackDown Tonight, Yeah.
Speaker 4: My first thoughts were I thought it was weird that they didn't mention that they were going to do this alternative broadcast until like twenty five minutes into SmackDown, and that got me wondering if they were self conscious about what it was going to look like or sound like or something like. I didn't know why they weren't pumping it up more. I thought it should be a bigger deal, especially when I saw it, like you said, it looked super impressive, and yeah, there's no way anybody in that crowd, and there was a ton of people in that crowd had a good look at the ring because the ring was on a stage and all the fans were on the ground, And I have a pretty strong feeling that the audio was doctored, juiced up, what have you. And I think they do that sort of thing even in their own arena shows for WWE shows. And then at this show, this Miami thing, where they had two matches, there were chants and cheers and things going on, but when whenever they panned across the audience, they seemed almost captive, whereas compared with in the arena, you can kind of match up the audience behavior with a chance, and in that Miami setting, I don't think it was so. I think there's a lot of doctoring with the fan audio, but it looked awesome if nothing else.
Speaker 1: All right, So we got that out of the way. I mean, not that we've talked about it again, but like it was novel, and I think they should look for opportunities to do more of that, but also learn from this experience about what we're and what doesn't what not to do, what to do. But yeah, I mean I give them. You know, it's like back in the Nitro days where they would do you know, shows in different settings and it was real novel, even like Hogwild or road Wild. It was like it was cool, you know. They people dwelled on them losing out on ticket sales, and I'm like they gained something by really freshening up the atmosphere, even if it was uncomfortable and weird at times. So I'm not gonna like be super critical of the execution not being great, even if some of it might have been foreseeable but also unavoidable. I mean, I think those two things can exist coexist, which gets them off the hook a little bit. But I hope they look for opportunities to do different settings. They're so there's such control freaks about everything being the way that they do things, and the way they do things is the best way. And obviously they got a lot on their plate a lot of times, and they just want things to go smooth if they can find some sort of happy medium to have a show just like Aw's gonna have with Arthur Ash Stadium and like they had with Daily's Place. They AW has that different from week to week and WW doesn't you know they say what time they're in, but it always looks the same and it feels the same. So I like it. Conceptually, this didn't work. I'm curious to talk to Ronzie correspondent about what it was like in the building. Did they have other matches and just cut the screens off or did they show them what was happening on the big screen during that Maybe somebody on Twitter said so during the show, and I didn't see it, but we'll have We expect to have an onside correspondent calling in soon, so we'll hopefully get word on that. The matches weren't good, and especially the first one. I mean, but it's just you know, when you hype a women's title match, and that's what we get. It felt like an exhibition, you know, it's kind of their inverse and when rock bands try to play at a wrestling show and people boom. You know, people gather and go to things to see something specific, and it's tough to pull off something different that's a novelty and have it work.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that you said that about it feeling like an exhibition because one thing that stood out to me because there were two matches and they both had clean finishes. And if the company, that's not normal, right, That's not normal for like a Friday SmackDown or a Monday night raw. So if the company is doing this and it is like an exhibition in front of probably thousands of people who aren't their normal audience, it's not fair to make them think that this is what is normal with this when you watch this wrestling show to clean victories. So that that was interesting to me that they said, no, this is a this is wbe pro wrestling at this at this festival. But if you tune into the TV shows you'll get something different from that.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, yes, your thoughts on the crowd reaction in Cleveland and how it compared to the three weekend shows that we saw last weekend.
Speaker 4: I thought Cleveland seemed pretty hot and pretty engaged. I was kind of trying to tune into that because this is the first well it's the first time that I've joined you on the show with a live audience at at SmackDown in a long in a long time, like it feels like ten years. Yeah, you know what I mean. And it's I mean, it's good to see signs. I saw a Boog's equals Money sign and that that made me happy. And I saw a lot of John Cena signs, and there was so much variance in their quality and design that it seemed like it had to be organic, Like I don't think that there were plants with Sina signs. Yeah, and like in like I mentioned earlier, comparing this Cleveland audience to the Miami audience, they I was specifically looking for, are they matching up with what I'm hearing from, like the in arena microphones, like the chanting am I seeing fists pumping with chance and I'm like, thundered on me, Yeah, exactly exactly, And I was, And it was refreshing, and it was all kind of stuff that I took for granted because I think they were kind of sweetening up the sound even you know, pre pandemic. I hate to be so cynical about it, but I'm pretty sure they were doing that. But it looked like things were matching up. And I thought I thought the crowd was decent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they were more than decent. I thought they brought a ton of energy, like Sina came out and did not need to go into the bag of tricks to get you know, hey, left side of the building cheer louder than the right to get them going, and you didn't have to drop the name of the city to get them to wake up. Like I my, that was my perception of Dallas on Monday night. This felt like a really excited crowd. And I think too if you if you watched this show, you would not think WWE has been the subject of.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't think that a lot of people have been questioning whether vincec Man has completely lost it. And I say that through the eyes of a network executive. If you're a Fox executive and you've seen these ratings drop even below one point nine million couple times recently, and you're maybe online or you have people haven't's telling you know Vince has lost it, and you're thinking what did we buy and how bad is this going to be? And all that, and Vince has sold you a bill of goods saying we're gonna be fine. We got some big names coming up, some big angles at summer Slim season, and we're going to ram things up. You know, we've been laying low, you know, delivering a good product, but we understand it's just the crowd is such an important part of things. There's certain things we want to do in front of them. If you're a Fox executive and you tune into this, I think you think you have a red hot product and anything that isn't translating to a viewership, which, by the way, last Friday viewership was really good, you know, a big jump to around two point three million from the one point nine ish they had been doing. A network executive is going to look and go, oh yeah, okay. The fan base there's big arena in Cleveland and they're all going crazy for this product. So Vince is doing something right. The vincick Mann vision isn't what I read online. It is and that's a kind of validation that vincient man needed and nobody knew if he was going to get it. And part of it. I mean, I think the fact that Seen is getting ninety nine percent cheered and Rains is getting ninety seven percent booed. My numbers might be two three four percent off either way, But I mean, I don't think much more than that is surprising, or at least it wasn't a sure thing. And Edge is getting like really nice responses. It just feels like the fans are lined up with the storylines that are being told. Part of that is the shows are just more exciting than they were three weeks ago too. You know, they're doing more and putting more out there. But to me, this was a validating crowd reaction for Vince McMahon and a lively crowd, and I'm you know, I'm typing up my report and get ready for the podcast, and it's like there's you know, Edge Ed said on his way to the ring of the al you guys have no idea what this means to me and what this does for me. And he said it in the ring on MIC, but he said it sort of off mic on his way to the ring. Like, I think, as a viewer of wrestling, there is an energy level now that you sort of forgot is actually a pretty important component of the two hour viewing experience of a show like SmackDown, and I'm feeling it. And part of it is I'm feeling it because the crowds cheering, but I also sense the wrestlers feel it and it's elevating their work and their energy level. I thought, Rain's in his promo, and we will get into that after we get deeper into the show. He was having a blast, like I've never seen him have more fun at his job than maybe tonight. Like, I think he's really having a blast on that promo and likes bringing this character in front of a live audience.
Speaker 4: I think so too. I think this isn't a phenomenon that's limited to professional wrestlers. Any any performing artist feeds off of a live crowd, and if that's a big part of your life, if it's a hobby or a career, to be deprived of that for well over a year can probably be a crippling feeling. And I have no doubt in my mind that there is a total feeling of legitimate elation with even with Roman, who he can't show it the same way that Edge can or John Cena. Can you know what I mean? And that's an energy they're going to get from the crowd, and they're going to feed it back into the crowd. And you, despite how good of performers they may be, they can't quite achieve that same level in a thunderdome, even no matter how many awards it's won.
Speaker 1: Wait, yes, and how much acclaim that critics such as I.
Speaker 4: Have hidden it? Yep?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Well, lot to talk about on the show. Will pause, set the table, introduce ourselves and bring callers and emails into it. This is the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Post show for Friday, July twenty third, twenty twenty one. I'm Wade Keller. I'm the editor and founder and publisher of the Pro Wrestling Torch Weekly newsletter, also editor of the website petew toorch dot com with my live coverage of Raw Dynamite Inspackdown each week, WW pay perviews, and more, along with a ton of other TV reports, breaking news, editorials, hits and missus, columns, flashbacks, polls, all kinds of good stuff. Hope you're checking it out every day. Petew toorch dot com just a great team of diverse points of view covering wrestling for you on that website that also has links to all of our podcasts and also a host of this the Way Keller Pressing Post show and the Way Keller Pro Wrestling podcast and some VIP shows that are just for our VIP members like the Everyday Way Keller Hotline, The Fix with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich Fan, and post pay per view roundtables. I'm part of all those shows for VIP members. Also, there's a ton of other VA podcasts I'm not part of that VIP members get to enjoy also, So go VIP everybody. Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP. We'll give you full details on VIP membership pw torch dot com slash Go VIP. The other voice you hear today is Mike Myers, one of those pw torch dot com contributors. He covers WWE main event and WWE kickoff shows for our website. Mike, welcome back to the co host chair.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me back. Weight. It's good to be back with you and back with live crowds. Of course, yes we have.
Speaker 1: We have done this show throughout the pandemic with live fans. We had live listeners all time. We did not switch to like computer callers or people just looking at us on a screen while we piped in fake questions from robots or anything like that. With all due respect to Tom Phillips, we have been live all along, but it is it is fun to have live callers talking about a show where there is a live audience. Our co hosts of also always been live. We pushed through all right, So if you want to call us, it'd be one of those live callers. We invite you to do so three four seven two one five eighty five fifty eight. That number again is three four seven two one five eight five to five eight. When you call, push one on your keypad and that will flag you on our switchboard and then we can bring you on to talk about what you thought of SmackDown tonight. Yesterday on the Way Killer Prestlining podcast, we had a special Pollerendorff tribute episode featuring a never before heard interview that I conducted with Paulleren'dorff thirty years ago when he was running a bowling alley and not sure if you'd return to wrestling, reflecting on his top drawing feud with Hulk Hogan. The first about thirty forty percent of that interview was dropped free yesterday as a preview to a VIP exclusive full version that we're going to be putting up in the next few days for our VIP members on our VIP feet. Another reason to go VIP, but for sure check out the the first twenty thirty minutes of that interview on yesterday's Wedekeller podcast. Also, Alan four l Alan Coonahan's Progress Paradise dedicated his most recent VP exclusive show to a look at key Paul Orndorf matches in his career, and we brought you a big part of that show also on yesterday's free Wade Keller Pressing podcast. It was a Wildcard Thursday because besides those two segments, we also had a ten years ago post show flagship show with Jason Powell from Progressing dot Net talking about the twenty eleven money of the Bank follout. We reviewed raw from the night before, took live calls, talked about cmpunk who happens to be back in the news this week, and so that is also part of yesterday's Wildcard Thursday Blue Logo Show. So hope you check that out if you haven't yet. If you want to email us here as we're live covering SmackDown. The email addresses Wade Keller Podcast at pw torch dot com, Wade Keller Podcast at pw torch dot com. And when when you email, just stop, put the topic on the subject line that you're writing about SmackDown and we might read your email on the air. All right, the phone lines are filling up, Mike, so why don't we, Uh, why don't we shift the dose?
Speaker 4: I can't hear you. Let's do it? Wait.
Speaker 1: Your time is valuable. Go VIP and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VP exclusive content. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer v I P membership. Pw torch dot com slash go vi i P. Let's uh, Let's begin with area code four four zero. This is uh caller from Cleveland, and I believe it is dumb. Maybe he attended tonight.
Speaker 2: Hey Domay, Hey Waite, how are you doing dumb here? Just letting out from Rockets Mortgage field House.
Speaker 1: Awesome, good. I appreciate you calling. It's always great here from people who were on site. Especially at a kick off the show. We get a little concourse or outside the arena atmosphere, which I always enjoy, even if slightly disruptive. It brings us to the building and it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little while hit two because they're also just allowed out the Cleveland Indians game next door. So wow, Oh, I guess the Guardians now excuse me, not yet. They just chased the name today.
Speaker 1: But what does that today?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a great, great atmosphere. Well, it was announced the new name today, yes, the Guardians. Yeah, so I didn't go over too well. I believe See used it in his opening promo and folks were bowing it either if you notice.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: First I wanted to just mention that I thought that the crowd was definitely into the show. The energy was kind of roller coaster like people would jump out of their seats when the engine started. But even before the wrestlers made it to the rings, people that had already kind of turned down a bit. And you can see most of the baby faces anyway, really trying to keep the crowd into it with the gestures and motions and so forth. But I mean that being said, it wasn't like there wasn't any energy in the building outside of maybe the women's match that I loved. I mean, I know that I thought that my friend that came with me left because they're both huge fans of both Linde Vega and Tony Storm. But the crowd was pretty I mean, they were pretty quiet for at least dead silent for Jelena, and then Tony had a good pop. But I mean, certainly the vibe that Vilay was pretty low for that. But otherwise it was a good show. People loved, you know, they loved Edge Rollins is over and I'll tell you what, Matt, people love the head of the table here in Cleeveland, and lots of especially with the females. I'll admit, we saw a lot of women, a lot of the moms in the crowd all had head of the table Roman Reigns acknowledged the shirt song, So that was pretty interesting to see and just thinking about it because I watched both a W and WWE, and it's like, you know, all these folks talking about the war and everything. It's such a completely different demographic between the shows that you know when you you definitely see it as you know, in the Lives audience, it's, uh, you know, it's more of a family show. It's like, you know, these women aren't gonna gonna bring their kids to go see these matches look a little bit more hardcore than they like to and that's okay. There's a crowd for that, and there's a crowd for this and there doesn't need to be just one. So I just, you know, want to make that clear. But you know, otherwise, you know, it was it was definitely a good time, a good turnout. They had a past all the way up to the second row.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We had a dark match afterwards. It was Seena and the Mysterios versus Roman Reigns and Usso's Roman Reigns of course didn't really get physical. Seen he went in there for a second beat on Dominic and then he left and the users that defend for themselves and ultimately lose the match.
Speaker 1: Why did behind them? You can hear me, why why did Rains leave?
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's you know, because he's saying you know, classic heel moves. You know, we've seen him abandoned people in the ring before and kind of let them know where they stand and and that sort of thing. So, uh yeah, I was very nervous about the whole rolling loud thing with the simulcast. I'm glad that we got Bickie and Apollo live because that was the murgacy down there, and then we only saw like a couple of minutes. Really they they tuned into the rolling Loud for just a handful of nets for us to be to finish. And that was cool because I mean when it got announced, I was like, well, what the hell, we're gonna have to watch the Titan profors and matches. But it wasn't that way. So I'm glad that w W, you know, Phil catered to their you know, their their turnout here in Cleveland. But I know that was a lot because I'm sure when I'm gonna lose you here and I just want not sure I fit in as much as I could remember any questions for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me throw a couple at you and then Mike, I'll throw them Mike too. How you you talked about they only showed part of the rolling uh, the the Miami based matches, and I want to say Rolling Rock and what did they what happened in the building during the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what was the question?
Speaker 1: What happened there?
Speaker 2: How much did they show the rolling loud on TV? Then? Because we only saw a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what did they show otherwise? Like we saw the full match, you know, the full matches.
Speaker 2: They didn't show really much of anything, Like we just saw them show and they said, hey, we're going to show on everyone direct their attention to the Titan Droun or the you know, the big screen. We're going to tune into the final moments of the women's championship match and rolling out.
Speaker 3: And that was it.
Speaker 2: I mean we you know, we watched it. Like I said, just a couple of minutes came uh you know, get her uh that Paul in Angels style kind of powered momb sig and then uh, you know, Bianca obviously countered and then finished and got the win. It was kind of interesting. I mean, I mean, they're gonna put a show on it a non conventional wrestling crowd. I mean, they're gonna get directions, they're going to get I mean, yeah, if they if AID made a couple of fans out of it, seek some interest, and oh yeah, I'm great for that. But of first I would have rather see uh, Carmela and Bianca live.
Speaker 1: What So there was nothing special going on in the arena. Was there just downtime?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Was it just lights were down and people went to.
Speaker 2: Downtime typical commercial break style a few minutes, didn't really notice it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's so you lose a crowd. The crowd wasn't just sending their chanting beat, you know, bullshit or anything like that when the where there wasn't a match going on for that twenty three.
Speaker 2: Definitely not definitely not yeah, I was I'm telling you man, I think they definitely were. Were in the Roman Reigns over there a lot of USO's, Like I don't know if it's like very earlier, they were two for dusos to wear in that dark match, which is kind of interesting because I mean, I don't know, i'd materials seemed to be really over in the first SmackDown that was live in front of fans. Weren't that over here in Cleveland, Dom?
Speaker 1: It did not come across to me on television that Rains was getting many cheers at all and that Sina was getting food much at all. What percent, if you can hear me, what what percent of the crowd was cheering Rains? Did it seem from where you were sitting.
Speaker 2: Definitely more than half. I would say a good sixty percent more than half for sure. And I mean there wasn't I mean, there was a handful of boosts, but there was a lot of signs for Rains. And it was interesting because I had a sign of my own. I had the Boogs equals rating sign. I don't know if anyone saw it, just left as the hardcam and anytime they seem out slightly, I was like lower level. But I kept trying to see, like what signs they were showing, and they only showed just like one little Rinkie Roman sign every now and then when he came out. But there were tons like well, you guys all saw the one that was like right front row, I'm sure, but other than that, like there was a lot of rain times. Head of the table was like less right, well was definitely the majority of the signs I saw was for the head of TA Yeah.
Speaker 7: Dom.
Speaker 4: This is a weird bit of synchronicity that I haven't experienced something quite like this before. But I saw your sign on the broadcast. I made a note of it in my head. I really appreciated it, and I talked about it in the opening of this broadcast.
Speaker 2: So you're all over, Oh, that's amazing, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: That was really cool.
Speaker 2: Like I've been watching him on YouTube for a while. It's just like a fitness influencer. I think he's great. He really knows his stuff when it comes to fitness and training bodybuilding, and I respect him for that. The casual fans, I've been on the show before and I've talked about like my quote unquote Jock's friends, and they don't buy Daniel Bryant, they don't buy CM pump, but I've shown them this guy. They know that he has credit from other bodybuilders that are popular. It's just and they love them. Like I think if they just took his gimmick crank it up by eleven or twelve whatever, you want to call it, crank it up to the match, let him run with it. That whole mindset thing. It's a mindset guy that I like. I'm just just trying to get a chant like put in Boots, like put in Boston and people. As I was holding my side, doctor Ring, I definitely got some chance for Boot. But he's still he's still definitely very green, and I get it. But I'm just trying to get him some exposure and do what I can't because I think he has what it takes. And you know, that's that's what I got to say on that. But I know I'm taking up a ton of time. A buddy's kind of waiting on me to get going to But if you have a last question, I'm happy to take it.
Speaker 1: I think I was like a fall up an sure, yeah, yeah, Mike, do you want to ask anything?
Speaker 4: I can't top that, I don't think. I'm just like this is exciting, like this energy and hearing what Tom just said about Boogs and getting to support him in a way that he hasn't been able to do in so long, and right there in front of us, it's happening. You know, that is really cool. That's exciting to hear.
Speaker 1: Well, do I know you right?
Speaker 2: That's definitely something that Yeah, I'm happy, you know, with the live crowds coming back they can get a little bit more organic crowd reaction because that's that's really what it's all about. And all that piped in noise and everything from the Thunderdome, if they continue to try to do that and mask anything, that's really shame on them because just just push the right people and listen to the fans, and I you know, that's all I gotta say on that. I mean, it's it's right there for them. And I don't know if it's just because they're publicly traded and they're and they're trying to do something else or who knows, but they've they've got the talent and it's just a matter of that's just you guys know you've heard this all before. So I'll let you guys get going. I got to run in. Thanks so much for taking a call. I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of the podcast tomorrow on VP. You guys, uh, if you ever suscribe, go for it. Even the Patreon it's a little more economic model. Go sign up for the lowest drip, the very look at your money's worth.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the plug Dom, Thanks for your entertaining enthusiast you bet take care.
Speaker 8: Hey everyone, Greg Parks here. You've probably heard me hosting Wrestling Night in America after pay per views and also co hosting the Tuesday Flagship with Wade Keller. I also host a VIP exclusive podcast every week called Greg Parks Out Loud. In this podcast, I delve into a single topic for around twenty minutes, perfect length for one of your daily commutes or while walking the dog. A couple of my recent episodes included a look at TNA as they moved to AMC and WWE, and AW injuries for the year twenty twenty five. You can listen to VIP podcasts with a VIP membership on many platforms including on Patreon, Spotify, the Apple Podcast native app on iPhone and CarPlay, just about every popular iOS and Android podcast app out there, and even stream right from the ad free pw Torch VIP website. Full details on VIP membership at pw torch dot com, slash go VIP. As an added bonus, VAP membership means you won't hear this commercial again or any commercials as commercial breaks are skipped right over on the va podcast feed. In addition to all the commercial free VIP podcasts check it out.
Speaker 4: We'd love for you to.
Speaker 8: Join our community and unlock access to all our VPP exclusive content.
Speaker 1: It's it's fun to have on cycle, responds back. I mean, you never know what you're gonna get. You know, sometimes they're in their car, you know, a half hour and the adrenaline it's gone. And other times you can hear the crowd in the background still mulling around, or the baseball game letting out, and and you know, the ontite correspondence have a beer two or three in them and the adrenaline is flowing, and it's it's uh, it's fun. It's it's a cool, cool part it is.
Speaker 4: And I'll never get tired of the errant Rick Flair wuz in the background, like around a wrestling event.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 4: It's like I know where I am and it's.
Speaker 1: Comforting, absolutely all right. Our phone number is UH. And by the way, we expect her from somebody else who was on site also, so UH stay tuned. Dom was an unexpected surprise, but we do have someone else likely calling in as out by the way, as always, if you're attending a future Raw or SmackDown or AW Dynamite or for that matter, we're also looking for and this is more typing up results, but any of the super shows, any of the house shows. Please send results of any house shows you attend. You can email to a regular email Weadkeller Podcast at pw torch dot com. But if you're going to attend on site for one of the live TV shows Rossmackdown or Dynamite especially, but also pay per views, and if you're attending an NXT taping, that's cool too, let me know because we'd love to bring you on or at least anticipate and prioritize your call when you call in. And so if you are going to be in Kansas City on Monday, we're still looking to lock down a correspondent for Kansas City, and I think we had someone lined up and they're not going because of the COVID outbreak. And also Chicago. I believe we've got a couple of people for Charlotte lined up, but also AW back in Jacksonville. I think we got an email on that, but we're always looking for more more than one and certainly backups, and then Pittsburgh and Tulsa, San Antonio, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Oklahoma City, any of those shows come up Cincinnati for John Moxley's homecoming. We're going into into September here. Let me know if you're willing to be an on site correspondent, it will accommodate you and make it, you know, work work in your schedule then so just email me Wade Keller Podcast at PW torch dot com. If you really want to be on the show, then just email. If you don't want to be on the show unless you're absolutely needed, because on occasion we only have one volunteer, and but sometimes we have more than one. But if you sort of want to be the emergency backup, like if no one else emails, I'll help out, but I I'd rather not just say that, And that makes it easier to choose between volunteers. If if we sort of have a sense of who really wants to be on and and who's fine being an emergency backup. All right, let's let's go to our next call here. We'll go to I believe, Houston, Texas Area CO three four to six. Uh, this is you go ahead state your name and Confirmerray calling.
Speaker 9: From Yes, this is Tyler.
Speaker 4: Hey Tyler from Houston.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tyler, could hear from you?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: How you doing good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: What do you think it's back on tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh? Uh?
Speaker 1: It wasn't bad, man.
Speaker 9: I you know, I feel like SmackDown's been the premier show. I I barely tune into Raw because that that show is. I feel like he's very skilled. To me right now, I'm a huge Roman Range fan. I'm one person who's so ecstatic that he didn't lose his title against Edge.
Speaker 1: But this show, man, it was good.
Speaker 9: I was actually I was actually quite excited to I like how they're they're not jumping to John Cena right away, and they're putting Finn Balor in there with Roman. That's that's pretty that's pretty creative, man. It's something that I don't think we would have seen Vince or the w W creative team do in the past.
Speaker 7: Because I like it.
Speaker 9: It's not making Finn Balor look squashed when he comes on the show, and I like that because that man doesn't deserve too. And then the I mean, I like, you know, the rolling lad that I wasn't too big of a fan, because it looked like those fans weren't even interested in wrestling, and it looks like, while y'all were speaking earlier, like the fans couldn't even see the ring.
Speaker 1: I wasn't too I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Too big on that, but overall, I mean, it was it was.
Speaker 9: It was an Ari show. I you know, I'm a scene fan too, so I'm really excited about that there little ultimate match that's gonna happen. But now I think I think the ending was a perfect way to end the show. Leaves a little intrigue to what's really gonna happen. Of course, I know we're probably gonna go into a Summer Slam showing with Sena and Rains again. But you know, Finn Balor, I mean, that's a nice little pissedop in between that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the impression they wanted it to be ambiguous. Mike, when that Rains Baler match was going to happen, did you get a sense of what they were Is it for next Friday or is that to be determined or are they trying to make people think it's going to be Summer Slim instead of Scene to kind of get people worked up. Although I don't think you want to put Balor a week after it returns in as sort of the backup plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't. My ears kind of perked up at the end of the at the end of the show because I was waiting for them to say next week it's booked or something like that, but it didn't. Yeah, so I think it is ambiguous. I doubt it will be next week because I think you know as much as Finn Balor. I'm sure we'll purport to want it next week. There'll be some red tape thrown up by Roman or Paul Hayman, and it'll get delayed because we've got like a full month between now and SummerSlam, yep, which is seen as kind of that placeholder for Roman, it seems, and so they don't there's no need to go right up against Ballert next week, so they can build up to it and they'd be better for it. And I'm glad, like Tyler said, I'm glad that they inserted Balor into the Roman storyline here, even if it is just a stop gap until SummerSlam, because it's better for Finn than just like a feuding with Sammy's ain for two months or something like that, right, Like, I don't know, that's not probably why you want to bring him up here, although they could do something really special if they were allowed to, I think. But anyway, Yeah, I do think it's a cool thing to like to bide our time before SummerSlam Roman and Finn, and I'd like to see how that develops and probably how Roman resists a match right right out of the gate next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyler back to you, Yeah, definitely, So yeah, any other thoughts on aspect on you want to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just my question is kind of about SmackDown, y'all. Y'all mentioned I don't know when this match will happen. I don't know if it's gonna happen next week. But something I was something that was floating in the back of my head. Do you think there's any chance in do you think that they would insert Finn into the John Scena Roman range match at SummerSlam? So if if Rains were to lose, John Cena or Finn, Balor could take the pins and so Roman doesn't look weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so. I think they're going to want a one on one match. I think fans today are wise to the fact that triple threats are sort of cop outs, so that somebody can avoid losing a championship but still walk out with out of title and there's a new champ, but the new champ hasn't been the incumbent champ. I think people are wise to that, and I think Summer Slam is a marque enough event they would not do that there, And I think seene of Rains, I don't think there's a reason to save it. I mean if they want to do it again out of WrestleMania some day. I mean, just it's strong, you don't need to add a third person, So I think the odds of that are very low. I think balor in Rains is a bridge to get a little closer to SummerSlam, which is, as Mike pointed out, as a month away. Mike, your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I agree. It's good for Finn that they're putting him anywhere near Roman reigns right now, like that that might be a surprise to a lot of people considering his sort of background on the main roster. In his an unexpected injury, you know, as compared with the expected injury I guess, but he yeah. I think the way the teasing has gone for SummerSlam, the way that Sina has talked about SummerSlam, the way the gusto with which he's called out Roman uh would really be deflated. I think by adding a third person.
Speaker 1: Yep, I do too. I do too. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at PW torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the vacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage. Uh, Tyler, any closing words for you?
Speaker 9: I want want y'all want y'all stop man? Uh once y'all saw in general, there's something that in touch man. One one is uh, who do you all think is next up for Beyonca Bella or do you think it's Becky Lynch? And in the end, do you do you see John Cena dethroning Roman reigns at SummerSlam.
Speaker 1: Two good questions. Thanks for a call, Tyler. We've got our on site correspondent, Robert on deck by the way. Uh So we'll get to you in a second Robert here. I think Rains holds onto the title, Mike, that's my early prediction. I want to see kind of how the evan flow of the storyline goes before making any kind of final call, uh, in terms of or, you know, a stronger, more confident pick. But I think they keep Rain's champ. You know, I think there's a way to I mean, seeing it's not full time and Rain it's going to be around all the time. So I think for a variety of reasons, and and I think they want to keep Rain strong for other big name opponents that that might be coming back. I think next challenger will either be Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch. You know, Bailey's out a long time, and I don't know anyone else who's ready. It's awkward because they just don't have like the ready made plug and play heels, and I don't think they want to turn bel Air heel anytime soon. So it is a it's a challenge to come up with a particularly long list of logical opponents. But we do have the draft this fall, so they don't have to fill a lot of time, and then they can kind of rearrange some things. If the ideas move Ripley over there as a heel or move Charlotte over the SmackDown as a heel, that sets them up a little better. Mike your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Uh, Yeah, Banks and Lynch one of the first two things that came into my mind because of the excitement level and the idea of bringing them back for a big one of the Big four shows. Lynch packs a little more excitement, I think because of how long she's been out of the picture completely. So yeah, and if it's if it is Banks, that's cool too, because another match between Banks and bel Air would be super cool. As for Roman and Sena. If it is a say those matches Summer Slam, I would totally think Roman hangs onto it. If they ever had of a main event heel that should have a long title run. In recent history, it's Roman reigns and he needs to hang on to it. And I'm not like, why, why do I want to see Scena win the belt from Roman. In terms of my interest in the TV shows, you know, I don't and and man, I'm I'm totally with Todd out seen as end, Like I can't take him seriously if he's going to continue to dress like this. And I still think that if he's inspired, he can cut a hell of a promo. But it reminds me of like like the stories about the Nixon and Kennedy presidential debates and who different people thought the one or the other one becauding that if they heard the radio version or if they saw it on television, and it's like if I saw if I heard Seena on radio, I might think he's the killer promo. But when I see him on TV wearing like a rack of kids clothing like from Cole's, then I can't take him seriously and that bugs me. And I thought this for a long time and I never got I don't think I've voiced it on the show before, but I wanted to because it's it looks so chinzy to me, and I feel like he could go so much, so much further with a fan like me. Whatever I represent, if you address like a human being, and maybe even if he left his speech the same without it would be an immediate improvement. And then he could make site tweaks to the speech to remove some of the corniness and be even better. Yet, And what do you think of.
Speaker 1: Rains calling him out on that? Like, I mean, you're cutting the promo Rains cut, which is this is the nostalgia scene? He said it with just disdain.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm yep. I wrote that down Nostalga acts, same music, same outfit, same insults. And he compared it to having sex in the missionary position every night, which was the weirdest thing you'll hear on raw or smack down in a month or two.
Speaker 1: And the tribal chief don't do the missionary position. That doesn't inspire him. Oh wait, was he talking about that or something else?
Speaker 4: It was? It was classic, Yeah, it was. It was right up there on the edge and it was on the nose. That's what I was thinking, like when Roman cut that promo on scene, and I'm like, yeah, that's that's what I think, like as as a grown man, you know. And I don't know if people what was the desired response. Are people supposed to say boo that and say no, we love the same old thing every time scenever is rolled out here, and.
Speaker 1: I think Scena, I think, you know, that's from Sina's perspective. He's thinking, well, if I'm self deprecating, that's gonna soften I'm self aware and I'm self deprecating, and I do think that softens the pushback. Also, you know, it unless he's gonna go like nWo Hollywood Hogan. Like if he's gonna you know, a major change. I don't even mean heal, but like really change, you know, biker undertaker, A tweaking him could have a backlash of its own, Like I mean, maybe not, but you know, he might be fearful of that. He's got this thing that works. He sells a lot of T shirts and John Cena is the toddler in the oversized T shirt and the georts or the cargo pants and in the baseball cap. And you know, I don't want to say it's like Biggie who doesn't want to stray from a brought him here. You know, I'm just kind of goofy and wacky, and he doesn't want to show his real self. I just think it's a calculated move by Cina, and I think there's an audience to be won over, if you know, like the Harry Potter books, it get it, get It matures with its own audience and gets you know, you know, more layered or whatever as the as it goes on, and Sena could have and maybe his fan he's trying to create a whole new generation of fans. But it's possible as fans don't are kind of with rans. They don't want this nostalgic Sena. They want a Sena that also feels a little more grown up, you know, not a guy who's in his late twenties, you know, doing thaganomics, but a guy who's in his forties who's acting a little more like a grown man. And it's interesting. I mean, Seena got some good reactions and I will talk to Robert here in just a couple seconds. I'm curious what it was like in the building from his perspective. But if Sena's getting almost all cheers, even from mostly guys in the crowd in addition to the families and the kids, does that last or in a month? Are we sick of him? And the people's more and more booze come out because more people feel like you do. Mike, who have tickets in hand and are going to these shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just I feel like, at this point in his career, wouldn't he crave something different or, if nothing else, have some super curiosity about doing something different. Yes, and if you're if you're not going to do it now, then it's just not going to happen. And maybe he's maybe that thought never crossed his mind, but that that's that's a foreign concept to me, Like I would. I would die wondering what if I had acted like a grown man and dressed like one? And to branch out from that a little further, I even think the same thing about Rains Now. Rains doesn't look like he's wearing a little kid costume, you know, where all the items, the hat, the shirt, the wristbands, the pants, and the shoes all came on one gigantic plastic rack. But I don't I actually don't even want to see Roman wearing any of his own gear. I thought that like weeks ago when I saw him wearing like a track jacket that had the small like Roman Superman punch logo on it, and tonight he was wearing the giant logo T shirt and I kind of wish that Roman was like fine with merch being sold and making money off of it, but being too cool to ever wear any of it. And I don't know those are kind of related. Yeah, some wardrobe thoughts, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think that's in a in a stuid point, and I'm I wouldn't be shocked if they struggled with that decision to have, you know, because Rain's wearing his own merchandise. It it s to me like Rain's not wearing his own merchandise would be very it would be unique, It would be it would very much stand out from the pack where everyone is just sort of you know, yeah, just marketing. They're walking billboards for their merchant. Rain seems like he would be above that. So but you know, you wear it if your rains, and you think the fans think you're cool, even if they're paying money to boo you, because that's the cool thing to do. And I hope it continues to be the cool thing to do, booing him, not cheering him, if you're a fan of his, because that is what he's going for, at least I think. Still, then you know, people are gonna want to buy your merchandise because you're too cool to wear you e merch, you know, so you might be honest me.
Speaker 11: I'm Chris Maitland. I'm Justin McClelland we host Wrestling Coast to Coast, a podcast on independent wrestling.
Speaker 12: Every week, Chris and I review a different show or talk about important topics from around the indie wrestling world.
Speaker 11: Learn about the hot underground stars and the future main eventors. For anyone else, you can reach us at Torchcoast to Coast at gmail dot com and me on Blue Sky at Mind of Maitland.
Speaker 12: You can reach me at Blue Sky at Justin McClelland.
Speaker 11: Find the show on your PW torch Dailycast podcast feed, search PW Torch on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 12: Also stream the latest shows on pwtorch dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's shift to Robert here, who attended the show tonight in Cleveland. Robert, thanks for thanks for holding in, Thanks for taking time to talk with us tonight. Did you have fun time tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, thank you so much for having me. That was great conversation there, So much of that is what was on my mind most in leaving the show. But yeah, this was great. This crowd was I think the crowd is the attraction even for the people who are in the crowd, And so everyone was really happy and very forgiving, very giving, not really forgiven. There wasn't a lot to forgive, but they were just happy to be there and enthusiastic about most of what happened.
Speaker 1: I want to not forget to ask this what percent sheers versus booze? Did scene again? Did it change it all? As a promo went on? And then same question for Rains.
Speaker 3: Regarding Rains, they it was solid for Sina, like the crowd did the things they were supposed to do. There was not really any any dissension there like there was one time the very beginning of Sina's promo the first contrast that he made and I don't remember if a boo or a cheer would have been for Roman in the way that he set it up, but there was a little bit and then it just faded away after that and they just like cheer all of the Sena stuff and boo the Roman stuff.
Speaker 1: So then Roman came out on TV and Mike did it seem like Roman was like in the high nineties being booed with some scattered cheers and the only chance for anti Roman Mike through TV did does that match does my perception Matt yours? Before? I asked Robert? But what was like in there?
Speaker 4: I didn't hear so much booze for Roman. I heard loud noises like, but I wouldn't equate them to cheers. It's kind of hard to describe there. I did detect a loud reaction to Roman, but not all booze, if that makes sense. I did sense it was more cheering Sena and then make maybe allowed negative reaction to Roman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So Robert Todt talk about the the fan reaction to Roman in terms of percentage booze cheers and if that changed as the promo went on.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I did not hear cheers for Roman like I would say that it was a I guess the just negative noise maybe in the very beginning when he first came out, but as he talked, he earned his booze like there were times when they definitely bowed when they were supposed.
Speaker 1: To boo When he made fun of Scena being a nostalgia act. Did fans go, oh, no, you don't, that's our guy, or yeah, you've got a point. Now we kind of like you, like, was there any kind of shift as Rains seemed to be kind of having fun roasting Sna a little.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was a There was not a there was neither of those.
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I did not hear a he's our guy.
Speaker 2: I heard maybe a.
Speaker 3: Momentary pause, but no. I was just thinking, like this crowd didn't seem like they were going to just think that Roman was cool and start cheering him. But then he would he would say other things that like more much more clearly elicited a boo after that. But I think for crowds who have already seen it at home a couple of times, I'm not sure where they're going and what they want this to look like in a few weeks, because the missionary position line is like, you're really bordering on being a cool heel. You know, at that point or the earlier, your co host there said play very astutely, and I don't remember the exact words he used now, but he was doing things. Roman was doing things that you know could very turn him into being a babyface, but not tonight, and he still did things to like clearly get them to boo him, and they did boo.
Speaker 1: Would he say missionary position? And I was thinking, Okay, how's a crowdg gonna respond because now he's doing a little ric flair, you know, like I go all night and you know what, you know. Yeah, so I was thinking, like is he gonna do and I won't call a cheap heat. It's just like MJF heat where he could go, yeah, you know, it's like doing the missionary position all night and well, not that any of you would know about that, like you know, like some sort of dig at the audience to make sure they don't go on his side and go, yeah to variety in bad as opposed, you know where instead the audience like, hey, that was mean, you know, like so he'd but he didn't do that. And I'm curious if that is omission like he you know, it's like, oh, that's easy thing to say, but I'm not going to go there because I'm a different kind of heel. Or if he is going to kind of go that direction, or if he feels he doesn't have to because Rain's doesn't like MJFF, just he the fans irritate him. Rain's sort of as a heel character I think is designed to not be to be nothing more than slightly irritated by the fans, but it doesn't bother him. It's like someone tweeting something mean for some people at roots their day and they lash and other people like, well, I don't know who that person is and I don't care, you know, like they just they don't give it another thought. And I think that's Rain's thing, is like he'll he'll smirk and roll his eyes like, well, you're an idiot, but he'll move on. He won't give the fans that satisfaction. So I wonder if the strategy with Roman is I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of bothering to insult you, because you just need to acknowledge me I don't care about you otherwise.
Speaker 4: And Wade, I did get the impression that is that his idea was making an insult out of getting the missionary position every night of the week. The idea, of course, is none of these wrestling fans are getting the missionary position any night of the.
Speaker 1: Week, so it's implied.
Speaker 4: It's implied. Yeah that's what I thought. Yeah, yeah, go ahead, Robert.
Speaker 3: I think that it just would seem beneath him to just turn around and like ask the audience to respond a certain way, you know, like he's cooler than that.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what. That's what again, And that's it's an obvious line, and I think it would work, but it does seem like he's aiming for something different and like it works. I'm pulling MGF out as an example we can come up with up you know, Sammy's Ain or whoever. Like you know, people who just are absolutely just their irritated by the audience. They sell the audience and they insult them and they delight in that. In Rains, yeah, he feels too cool and above that, and he's more focused on, you know, being acknowledged and tearing down scene. Who's a big star? So, Robert, how full was the building all the way around? Not just on the opposite the hard camera? How many seats were empty, even around the herd camera and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It was very full in the places where the seats were open. So the two hundred section was partly topped off. The stage, you know, is gigantic, and so there's a lot of the arena that is just always going to be tarped off for it with the crowd in sort of a horseshoe shape. The two hundred level was more like a candy cane shape, and there was like the seats that were not tarped off were full. It was it felt very full in.
Speaker 1: There, compared to say a Cavs game. What percentage of the seats were blocked off, not counting the inevitable block I know this is complicated, sorry, not counting what is just gonna be there every week and they're never gonna have tho seats available because it's the big the big screen. I get that. But in terms of seats where they could assign them, how many, like how many what percent could they have not tarped off and.
Speaker 3: Sold on the It was the two hundred level. Fully half of the two hundred level was tarped off, but a good percentage of that would always be tarped off, so it was significantly less than half of the upper level only. And then I was across from the stage and on the left side of the stage, the first section was tarped off on the floor and on the one hundred level also, and it didn't look like that on the right. It was only like that on the left.
Speaker 1: So in short, they probably could have sold a couple thousand more seats if the demand was there, they could have opened those seats up. Yeah that's fair. Fair, okay, Yeah, and that's kind of what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what was open was full. Yeah, but that's by design. Now like that, everything's so sophisticated now. They they will like our Thrash Stadium was set up for twelve thousand and then they sold those seats, are like, oh, well, we can fit a couple more thousand in, but they want to announce a sellout, so we'll make it fourteen. And then they sell fourteen. Oh well, let's let's go two thousand more. Like that's what they do now, you know. They want to say it's a sellout, and they don't want empty seats. So when seats are tarped off, that actually is a sign of a slow pace of ticket sales leading them to not expand the seating. And I don't want them to get away with that by claiming sellouts when they've got a whole upper deck that they could have sold that they chose quote chose not to, which is really reflective of demand not being there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe thirty percent of the upper deck and part of one section each of the floor and one hundred section Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right cool. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Wedkeler podcasts and pw torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the way Keller post shows, the Weaykeller podcast, Flagship, our flashbacks, and also the pw Torch daily cast lineup. Again, all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts which are and hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. Might go ahead and jump in with any question you have about the show for Robert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Robert, approximately, can you tell us when's the last time you went to a pro wrestling show or a WBE show.
Speaker 3: Well, I go to like indie shows all the time, but WWE it wouldn't have been long before things shut down, like there was going to be a Yeah, maybe there's I think I went to one in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay. What I was trying to get at is if you could detect any difference between the general crowd at mesphere before and during the show and after the show then and now, I mean in the.
Speaker 3: Makeup of the crutter, in their attitudes or both, like.
Speaker 4: The attitude and the energy of the crowd or did it feel the same.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't feel the same. It felt like much happier, Like there was no there wasn't any chanting that was like you know, breaking the fourth wall stuff and opposed to the company or the storylines that were being presented at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that's kind of interesting. I guess you would maybe expect that a pre pandemic at a WBE show. Another thing that I was wondering, and I hate to ask about this because it was the same thing I was asking about from time to time before arenas were closed down. But at least at least three times tonight and once in Miami as well. I think they did a pretty big introduction with big Stock and then for the broadcast cuts commercial. So did you is that the same old, same old thing where they bring out a big star like Big e the holder of the money and the bank contract cuts commercial. And then here in Grand Rapids, Michigan, they things like that would happen and then they would literally just dim the lights on the star that just made his entrance while they aired commercials on the screen. Yes, are they still doing that same bullshit?
Speaker 3: It was different for each segment. Biggie, Actually we got about half of the commercial break was live stuff happening. Pat McAfee was featured. Yeah, like up on the big screen it said McAfee minute, and he stood up on the commentary table and he put over Biggie. He basically told the crowd to chant you deserve it, and they started chanting that during the commercial break at Big Ee, and then he was going for cheap pops, saying positive things about Cleveland sports teams, and then he said that Michael Cole disagreed with all of the positive things.
Speaker 7: That he had got.
Speaker 1: Well, that's funny, that's funny.
Speaker 2: That was pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: And then he sat down and it actually was only about a minute, so then there was maybe two minutes of darkness, but the McAfee stuff was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm more amazed that McAfee was able to limit himself to a minute of talking, Like I mean, I would assume he'd still be talking as a break ended, and they're like, Matt, shut up, and they had to cut his mica. That's great discipline for a professional talker like him.
Speaker 4: And before I miss it, yes, this might be the best chance. During the Miami segment, one of the two Miami segments, which were kind of back to back, McAfee said to Cole, do we have anybody with boots on the ground out there in Miami? And Cole paused and then really dryly said, we've got a whole production through Miami. That's actually how we're watching this broadcast right now. Yeah, it was fantastic. I love that Cole is having fun with this guy.
Speaker 13: He does.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think Cole enjoys working with McAfee, and McAfee knows how to have fun with Cole without emasculating him. Cole has been around long enough and I think does a good enough job that picking on him like he's the new kid who's incompetent. It's kind of run its course, you know. I mean it's been twenty years since he highlighted his hair, you know, put highlights in his hair, like it's time to you know, not that that's the thing they make fun of it, but like it's been a long journey and he's a grown man and he's done good work. I think he's underrated, especially if you a lot for the fact that he's produced to call a product in a very specific, particular way that limits, you know, some of the things he might do otherwise, as we've heard on rare occasion with him outside of do it to be, And I think McAfee has found a way to de be, to not make you feel uncomfortable that someone's being unduly mean to Cole to put themselves over, but instead it feels like a couple of friends just kind of giving each other hard time. And I like that tone when I watch wrestling. I dislike when it feels like bullying or actually hurting someone's feelings. And there is a rare exception to that where sometimes I'm happy someone's feelings are being hurt. But I'm past that with Cole.
Speaker 3: Okay, it says something that he's hung for so long.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, absolutely, no, he's a professional. Oh so when when the stuff was happening in Miami, describe if fans were getting restless or anxious or felt ripped off that they don't get to see bell Air in person, Like what was the vibe in the room and in what filled that time besides footage on the big screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is probably the most interesting thing about the show I had. It took me a while following on the Internet to figure out that there was a show in Miami. We had no indication there was a show in Miami.
Speaker 1: Huh wow. Yeah, so what like the.
Speaker 3: Show just continued and we had I think our own matches.
Speaker 1: That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 4: So wasn't it Cruise in Biggie? I think that Dom the first caller mentioned something about that.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's what I was wondering, man, But they were, Yeah, they were on opposite side because they said.
Speaker 1: That, like that whole Intercontinental thing up, everyone coming up, going, are you talking about the ICY title? Well, let me come to the ring. Oh you mentioned the IC title, let me come to the ring. And there wasn't really a follow up on that, and so that led to a match in the arena while we were watching Chad Gable and Angelo Dawkins and the Bell or Carmela match.
Speaker 4: And that that whole thing seemed stupid and pointless on TV to me, like they they didn't didn't seem to care that how disjointed that was going to look to one crowd or the other, like the viewers at home or the people why not the arena?
Speaker 1: But why not just announce it for next week in Minneapolis, Like just go, well, we've booked a match based on all these people running to the ring. And they didn't do that. So, yeah, Robert, talk a little bit more about that.
Speaker 3: We did see in Cleveland, I think just during a commercial break the finish of the bel air match, and they played it on the screen with the like with the ambient noise, only there was no commentary, There were no graphics on the screen. It was just the sound of the crowd, and they showed the finish of that match.
Speaker 1: Interesting, but otherwise it just all flowed.
Speaker 3: Through as one segment where it went from the stuff that happened before the commercial to a sixth man that looked exactly like what it would look like if that six men were on SmackDown.
Speaker 1: Now, what's interesting. I assume Miami was live. What they did in Miami? Am I wrong? Is there any reason, Mike for me to think otherwise?
Speaker 4: That was my understanding that it was live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that meant Cole and McAfee are calling it at ringside in Cleveland with headsets and their monitor. Well, there's a completely different match going on in the ring that they're having to ignore, And if I'm a fan sitting behind them, I got to be super confused. One two, No, she kicks out and it's like a bunch of men in the ring and a headlock. So, oh man, I don't Yeah, so that's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it took me a while to even realize that was happening. I was like, why haven't they mentioned anything about Miami. I don't think I realized until probably going into the second hour that there was actually a separate show happening in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's amazing. So tell us what happened that in that match that's sort of like a dark match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, nothing important. They just had a regular match and then the baby Faces one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And any thoughts on the crowd rations to any of the wrestlers, any anything surprise you more or less than you anticipated, Like it was Biggie super Over, you know, doing a pow.
Speaker 3: The crowd was just very responsive throughout the show. I should clarify from what we talked about earlier. I don't live in Cleveland, though I don't go to other events here, and I hadn't been to a WWE show in this venue. I'd never been to this venue before, Okay, But the crowd was very enthusiastic and kept their energy through most of the show.
Speaker 2: Was like.
Speaker 3: Engaged in the stories of each match and booing and shearing throughout the matches, and the only time that it really dipped down was during the Tony Storm match. They were pretty quiet there, and I heard from multiple directions people around me asking who Tony Storm was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's understandable.
Speaker 3: And there was only that Yeah, and it's also it's like the worst segment in the show to do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so that was the only match that took place before Edge came out? Is that correct? Because then we had Tony Storm? Was there anything between that tag match you're talking about with the IC Contenders and Tony Storm wrestling? I'm just curious if there's another match that didn'er on TV that you're not I.
Speaker 3: Don't believe though. I think the tag just went like there went long enough that there normally would have been a commercial break in the tag probably yep, yep.
Speaker 6: All cool.
Speaker 14: Need an extra dose of positivity in your wrestling podcasts, will come join me Alan forel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterbo Torch VIP as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it US, Japan, Europe or Mexico. There's always a place for wrestlings past in the Paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Juician thunder Lighter and our eye was there when shows where our guests will join me to talk about a classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of at the Progress Paradise. Detailed pw Torch VIP subscription information on the list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterwrew torch vip info dot com. And yes, all VIP podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone and Android devices, or you can stream them directly from our ad free VIP mobile size See you in the Paradise.
Speaker 1: As far as USO's in the mysterio reaction, did did it seem like dominic was over and that people are here. I've been curious about him because, like they pointed out last week, he had never wrestled in front of a crowd in WW till last week. Like he's been around for a long time, but not long enough to have been pro the pandemic. And I mean he's green.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: They messed up a spot at the end of the match. It seemed like the crowd picked up on that that was awkward, but he also works hard and seems like a nice guy. So that's my take. So I'm kind of curious if like he was bracing for a big pushback and a rebellion against him by the fans or if they're polite or what.
Speaker 3: It was awkward, and it was definitely noticed in the crowd when things fell apart at the end of the match. Yeah, that was really the only time where anything like that happened during the show. But they weren't like really negative on it, and like it's not like people were booing that it happened or like in any significant percentage of the crowd reacting that way. I wouldn't say that he's super over, but more or less, the crowd was just kind of going with everything that happened.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Like that's why I bring up that I don't normally go to shows in Cleveland because I don't know how smart or contrarian the audience in Cleveland normally is. To compare that to tonight, but it seemed like there were a lot of families and that this was a So I was up and I was up in the two hundred section. It seemed like a very casual viewing audience up there and the people who I was around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. My final question for you just who is the most over? Was there far and away just Roman Reigns or was there like a cluster of three or four people? How would you rank the ones who came across it's the biggest stars that people came to see.
Speaker 3: Definitely Sina was first, yep. And I'm not sure where I would place Roman Reigns if Roman Regins's reaction was bigger than Edge. Edge got a good reaction too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and the USOS Actually during that match that we were just talking about, the USO's got an USO chant and that was the only time that there was like there wasn't really noticeable cheers for Roman, but there was a cheer for the USOS during the match with Dominic.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I would.
Speaker 3: Say that I'd say Sina was definitely got the biggest pop and then and then Edge Dower. I think Baler got a better reaction on the coupdi gras and the finish of his match than his entrance, but they were pretty loud for him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask where Bala ranked compared to say, Edge and Sina as a top babyface since he just came back last week after a big layoff.
Speaker 3: I he was close to edge, but then there was more space between them and Sena is what.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, that makes sense, Mike. Any closing question for Robert?
Speaker 4: No, my my questions have been answered. But I think Robert you've done an awesome job with really good feedback about that experience. It sounded like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: All right, is there any fun?
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun. It was a really positive WWE show, which is is kind of different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there anything else you want to add that you think would be worth sharing with us having not been in the building that you picked up on being there?
Speaker 3: What am I missing? I think I have covered most of what I would have wanted. Yeah, I can't think of anything else that.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got covered it.
Speaker 3: There was a dark match main event, Yes, was another six man with sein An Rains and they they did not touch.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, was there a warm up match before the show. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I walked in on.
Speaker 3: Aliyah versus Indie Heartwell, but Aliah won, So I don't know what they called Indie Heartwell. I feel like Indie heartwell indie wrestling or all indies were possibility, just Indy was a possibility, and so I'm actually really curious what they called her. But Aliah won there and then the end was a sixth man and they teased Roman getting in the whole time, and it was like he was with both ussos. Roman didn't tag in, and then once it was it, it was the Masterios again, right, it was yeah, it was the Mysterios again.
Speaker 15: And then.
Speaker 3: Roman. Then Roman came in and got the heat on Dominic and then there was a rough bump. Sena rolled to the outside. Oh no, no, no, no, First Sena got the hot tag and no one else was on the no one else had been.
Speaker 16: On the apron.
Speaker 3: But Roman jumped down from the apron and took a few steps back from the ring and crossed his arms and wasn't getting anywhere near sena rough bump. Sena rolled out, Rains came back in and I think he hit he had a chair. I think he hit Mysterial with it when he was still on the outside. Raises in the ring with a chair and then Sena comes in takes the chair away from Rains from behind. They stared out and then Roman just Powders with the belt and Hayman and then they all their finishers to the busos and then the rest comes back in for the.
Speaker 1: Cool cool all right, well, Robert, thank you so much. Great job. Uh, it's it's really nice to especially a weird show like this, you know where they cut away too to get an idea of what they did. And it's so fat. We've been waiting months and months and months to talk to people like you about you know, what the crowd rations are after all these months away from fans. So great insight.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, all right. We have some patient callers on hold, and if you're a few, if you want to be in a future outside correspondent, we probably won't go as long with you as we have on these first few shows because everything is new and exciting and shiny again in terms of crowd responses, and so we'll probably be you know, more more more uh more pithy in the future too. But we appreciate our callers holding on while we went through that. Let's uh, speaking of of our college, let's go to the next one. Jay in Michigan is up. Jay, thanks so much for holding. What's the smack for you tonight?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Way?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 17: Mike?
Speaker 1: We are talking SmackDown about you?
Speaker 16: Hear me? J I okay, I'm just making sure. Man, I'm on the bluetooth in the car. Well, it's uh being being being in the pandemic era. I would I would consider myself a way killer post so stormed the pandemic Ara Man. So it's a lot different being on old as long. Yes, I'm glad to plan to get through Man. I'm glad that I'm glad for on site correspondence to retire man, and I hope to I hope to be on site corresponding and eventually, once you know, one of the shows comes back to Michigan. But the main things I wanted to touch on off of SmackDown was about a couple of months ago, when I believe Roman was with Cisorrow. I had sent the email kind of talking about future opponents for Roman and Finn Balor was at the top of my list, and I don't feel like you guys, really like you know, got so much behind it. And now I will say that I was not a fan. Well I'm not gonna say I was not a fan. I'm still trying to see if we're gonna get like that more edgier NXT prince, you know character, because that initial return, I don't know if it was just a fans or you know, the excitement from Finn Balor, but it seemed a little more like jovial, smiling, playing to the crowd a little more than what he did in NXT and exactly what he was doing before he left, which was part of the reason why he NXT and sort of rebranded STELF. But I'm hoping that because I felt like that NXT, Fenn Ballet can show up and challenge Roman and just be legit. So I don't know exactly where they're going with this scena challenging Roman and Roman, excepting Finn Balor's challenge, you know, like you guys are kind of touched on. Maybe there's just some like I'll accept the challenge, but I'm you know, I'm not saying when, and you know, I'm really hoping we don't get a triple threat match at SummerSlam, but I'm also I'm also I do want to see Roman and Sena, and you know, I think that they are few from twenty seventeen. I don't feel like Roman was quite ready to you know, go toe to toe with a scene on the mic, even though he did have some moments. I don't think he was quite ready. But now he's most definitely ready. So you know, where are you guys kind of coming out on like the developments of Balor and certain itself and where do you think that goes?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, what have you thought of Balor's return? And where were you on the Balor ometer in terms of the impact he'd have after the you know, shaky and sort of diminished way that he was featured last time I was on the main roster and then also you know, being fed to Karen crossover a NXT. Although people don't know who Tony Storm is, they might not be paying a lot of attention to that either, you know, the larger SmackDown attending audience.
Speaker 4: Well, whatever happens to him in an XT, if it means bigger things for him, I'm the main roster, then I feel like that's sort of a traditional mode of movement for a pro wrestler.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As for what happens now, well, he's challenged and Roman has accepted that challenge. I mentioned earlier. I think that this is better. This is better than what I would have anticipated for Finn coming to the main roster, being in the same realm as Roman reigns. So that's already above where I would place him in. And I'm not saying that he's above where I think he should be. I think that's awesome. I just don't think it is going to be a long term thing. I think that Baler is going to be a stop gap until the next the big pillar, main event Papery coming up with in Summer Slam to keep the theme running. I wish that Finn Balor would Finn Balor could be cooler if he weren't wearing his own merch, and he weren't, uh, I'll say dancing, and that's exaggerating, but to his own to his own theme music.
Speaker 1: The arm extending thing, you mean, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: It's it's well, I should be used very sparently.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing him do that in n XT early on, you know, initially, and I was like, man, when he gets in front of like full buildings and that music's plaining and he does the arm extension and the whole crowd doesn't with him. That's going to be like a cool thing to be part of. I get what you're saying about him being like really cool, and there's something about, you know, not begging for cheers but sort of it's not really pandering but having like a routine, and you know, I get where that takes away some of the cool factor that he has compared to you know, a bowllet club type thing. But he is in WWE, and a big part of you know, what they sell is that experience and that repetition. I think it's one of the cooler and more electric things because of the beat of the music. And I think he can still pull off being cool doing that.
Speaker 4: I guess I just I don't want to see that every time. I feel like it's I almost equate it to his the demon persona that he would use for big main event matches, and I could do with it is with that same frequency as he used to do that. Like I'd be fine if you just walk out wearing a leather jacket and whatever and maybe no logo gear and maybe not along with the music, get into them and maybe do an arm extension with one of the beats. But the way that it's choreographed, like it kind of like We've talked multiple times about bel Air's entrance and you could argue, you know, which one might be cooler than the other, but it's similar in that they're both doing choreographed things. Yeah, and choreographed things are not cool to me, but it is kick ass music and it does elicit a crowd reaction. I just don't want to see it like run the program here it comes, he's doing it, going through the motions like I'd like it for him to feel it and be more organic, and I don't know, I feel like maybe I'm out out in the weeds here, but it is a theme of what I've been talked about tonight with Sina and even Roman Reigns.
Speaker 1: You'd be a big fan of Nick Blackwinkle. Mike, he just came to the ring with a white toll around his neck and his wrestling trunks and no music and he just sat there and waited for introductions to defend his a w A title.
Speaker 4: Well, see, that's the opposite end, and that I'm always somewhere in the middle. Yeah, I know I know that too, if that were happening. See, Mike's just never happy. What can I do?
Speaker 1: I love that about Nick, but I know I was saying that to just give Yard time. All Right, Jay, I want to keep rolling through collet here, so go ahead with any final, uh final comment of question for us.
Speaker 16: No only thing I wanted to say was to Mike a lot of the stuff that you were saying about Fenn Valor. I mean, he was doing pretty much all of that stuff in his fast NXT run. Like he wasn't over zealous or overly pandering, you know, he was just he just had that cool factor. And I kind of wish that he would have just what he did when he challenged Roman to night. I kind of wish that would have been his re debut on the main roster, you know, Maine roster quote unquote. I just wish that would have been his re debut. You know, it just came out challenged Roman. They didn't even do none of the semi dame stuff. So that's all. I really had everything, man, And thanks.
Speaker 1: For having me, yeah, Jake, Thanks appreciate it. It's good for me. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating. And of course, thank you so much for listening. All Right, we'll go next to Gregg in Kansas City. Greg, thanks for calling. What do you think us back on tonight?
Speaker 10: I mean, there are a couple of positives. The Sino range stuff in the edge, Rowland Segues would probably be the standout. Tin Baller had a good return match against Sammy Zay, and I like that he I reiterate the previous interaction, and I like that he's going right into a title match and he's not going to win, but it's going to be a very good to great television main event and lean up to SummerSlam hopefully. So that's that's all. That's all toxic. By the way, I taught myself agreeing way more with Roman Raigns and saying that you know, you can go put in a you can go watch a video over two thousand and five and job seeing doing the same acts and seeing the thing down sucks with Roman Reigns and Champion. I mean, it's been like probably the best thing in WW for the past year. So it's like I definitely found myself agreeing more with with Roman Reigns there, and I guess for the negatives or I don't know if it's so much negative, it's just like the rest of the show just felt like it was just there. I mean it's like, you know, I talked the other night about like not being that person that just wants to jump on WWE all the time and all that, but it's like, I mean, it just feels like this is one difference between you know, WW and AWS that like AW have a sense that you feel like most of the roster you know what's planned for them, you know what's going on with them. But just e the typical, you know, segment of the Intercontinental Champion. All these guys come out and say they don't basically want a title match, it's going to be a multi nd match, excuse to get people.
Speaker 3: On TV and all that.
Speaker 10: It's just I feel like that while certainly with fans backs you weren't exciting all this, it just there's that there's that that that usual, Like I don't know what the right term is, but there's just that same normalness of like just it's just like this company really needs to I think, just really they need to change the way these things. Destruction was coming. I felt like some segments were buried, were rushed. I don't feel very good for, you know, with Lena Begger right now, to lose like that. I mean, we could have used somebody else in that position. No entrance or anything. Just felt like a lot of stuff is rushed. And the other thing was I don't expecting like thanks returns, they're in Miami and all this and that felt points but I guess a lot of the show just felt pointless and unexciting outside of like you know, Sina and Roman range, which is there's some buzz around Finn Ballad, there's buzz round let's see how long that lasts, and and maybe there could be some buz around Tony Storm. Other than that, I felt like it was just like, you know, it was just a show with nothing really overly exciting, a lot of the same usual well great people have talked to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me let me jump in. And first of all, are you going to run on Monday? I don't know if I ask you.
Speaker 10: That, Yeah, I'm not gonna make it through on Monday. Okay, So I'm actually not I'm actually I was on the fence start getting a ticket. I'm actually not going to be in Kansas City on Monday.
Speaker 3: So got you.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I was a couple of things. One, Mike, your thoughts on what Greg is saying the rest of the show, and because that's been the knock on SmackDown is it's the Roman Raine show now when Greg says, oh, except for Roman Rains, John Cena and Finn Balor, there's not a lot left, and you extract that like from like I mean you're talking about I mean because Balor Sammy is included in that. You had that weird intercontimental thing that led up to the match on TV or off TV. You had a couple of quickies in Miami, and then you had their Edge segment with Seth, which obviously was you know, big Stars, and then a quick Tony Storm match and a quick Dominic Jimmy match. I semi quick, I went a few you know, it wasn't just three or four minutes, but it's sort of like that is what SmackDown is you know, and I think if SmackDown has room to grow and get better, it's to take away from the feeling that it's a Roman Rain show. But I think this show was actually illustrative of the opposite to what Greg is saying, even though there's still room to improve. And that's what Greg's pointing out in that one of the matches had Jimmy Usso, who's part of the Rain storyline that feels like a big deal. Tony Storm is a new wrestler, a new addition to deepen the women's division, and she comes in with a claim and she has a chance to be a big star. And Selena Beka, I think is a good opponent. She's the mid card, undersizeed wrestler who makes Tony Storm look big and you know, adds a little name value, uh to to a TV match. So I think that's fine. And the Mammi thing, it's kind of hard to you know, equate you know, what they did there with a normal SmackDown, and Biggie is a money in the bank holder, you know, it feels like there's something going on with him of significance. Having that, so I think that and then you've got Finn Balor and Edge back and and Seth and Sina. I felt like this was a big step in the right direction and what we were sort of expecting once crowds came back is it isn't just rains, because there's Balor and Edge and Sina and Usso's and a debuting Tony Storm. There's quite a bit of other stuff going on.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, you said it by by listing those names. On average, I think, or compared to average, I think this was kind of a top heavy edition of SmackDown, and I think that most episodes for the next few weeks are gonna feel kind of top heavy because I think Seena is going to be bouncing around from SmackDown a raw and back and forth again. But with any two hour show or god forbid, three hour show, it's going to be tiered. So not every segment's gonna have anything to do with the main event, maybe not even the upper mid card. There has to be some filler. You want to get some other faces out there, or in tonight's case, you want to introduce new faces. But yeah, I thought tonight was a little more star studded. I thought the the edge we hadn't't really talked much about it yet, but the Edge and Seth's segment was quite good, I thought, and Seth seemed particularly inspired and in a way that didn't just purely annoy me. I thought he was doing really good work and maybe it had something to do with the well, what do you know, a big, live, hot crowd in front of him, and it was probably inspiring for him. So yeah, I don't know. I think I do. The six man tags are a turn off for me because although and I've spoken to this before, I'm amazed at the construction of them. I've compared it to jazz music. For me, it's just like a totally foreign I don't know how they do it, but they can put on these six man tag matches that look seamless and the complexity of them is off the charts. But they work and they look great. But I don't care about the outcome or what's going on. And quite often from the broadcast standpoint, the broadcasters sometimes just talk about they don't call the match, they talk about the characters, and that is kind of boring to me. And I've heard about, like a friend of the Torch Matt McCarthy has talked about how he'll sometimes watch WB shows but just mute mute them because he doesn't want to hear the commentary. But that's too weird for me, Like I need to, I want to hear all the sounds and the ambient goings on. But I'm I'm kind of turned off by how the commentators aren't always tuned into the match where I think they should be, and that's what we should be drawn into. So and so those are two examples for what how I think the shows are kind of the filler. I know that stuff is there, yeah, and but tonight I do feel was a little top heavy, like.
Speaker 1: I said, but I think that there was enough top heaviness that there wasn't a lot of space left over for anything else like that's it's been top heavy for a while, but there's like a great percentage of wrestlers that I think people cared about on the show in almost every second.
Speaker 4: And I didn't mean top heavy, like it's too top heavy. I meant there was there was a lot out of important things going on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 15: Yes, yep, yep, Hey everyone, longtime PW Torch commist Sean radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed the Raticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe is the controversial takeout there? Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view out a particular key topic in the news. Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and PCO. One of my areas of specialty is the japan wrestling scene, so I have to cover a big topic from Japan with PW Torch's own Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news get a standard hot take. I'll bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of wrestling promoters to each week's show so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why get ahead of the news, Get ahead of the pack with Radking worldwide only at PW Torch VIP.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, great, appreciate the call. I'm going to try to keep moving here because we're getting deep into the show with our two on site correspondence and jump over here to Kyle and then we got Nick on hold. Kyle, welcome your thoughts on back on tonight Colin Baltimore.
Speaker 7: Of course, yes, I thought it was a good show. I think, yeah, yeah, so I thought it was a good show. We'll kind of talk about the Biocapella airbag I think I thought I thought that was a completely unnecessary to deal unless you would just happen there itself, because we had no idea who who Bianco was or Corbels, I don't know why obviously would have to happen. And and it was, you know, it was like a random it was. It was like it was like for like a lot of event that like for Valley forced backdound or at all, so bizarre to me. And then they are thing that's about Tony storm about her. Maybe that was thought that was a great I thought that was cool. It was she had a really cool look and an awesome like potential challenger for for Bianca bell Air. I mean I could at this point, you know, it's actually I could come back at some point, which I'm kind of and that was a kind of glad. I thought, I really thought that she's going to come back tonight, But Kyle Glass, she didn't said because was the whole was was somewhere else, not and not in the arena itself. So but in terms of right now, who's there, I can see Bianca Tony Storm as a feud with though that that might be too early, but I don't know, because Tony Stores came out come off as a start to me. The only think about that entire situation with Bianca bel Air and being in a different.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I know.
Speaker 1: You broke up a little bit their call at the end, but Mike, I think you got the gist of it.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts, Yeah, the I have more questions than answers regarding the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. I don't know if it was just a promotional stunt for wbe like let's do some crossover with a crowd that's probably not that aware of us and to that, and it had to have been effective because they've got their logos, names, their stars in front of thousands of people who didn't seem excited. But they were all there facing the stage. You know, it's it's it was a weird thing, like they were all facing the stage. But I don't think they could mind control that many people at once. So I don't know exactly how the night went to for that arrangement, but I agree with Kyle that it didn't seem like they were really into what was going on. They were just sort of facing what was going on. But who knows what exposure they got from it or what other side benefits. I can't really calculate the wb got out of it. All I know is that the setup looked awesome, like it was top notch. I don't know if all of that gear was WWE's, but they had a stage which I assume they're using through the rest of the weekend because this is a three day event. But there was a gigantic screen behind the ring, and the stage was flanked with other gigantic screens, and they had perfectly placed WWE imagery and all these screens. When we saw the wide angles of the ring and it looked awesome, but I don't know who provided what and what exactly that arrangement was. So yeah, that's kind of my questions on it with no answers as far as story goes, I agree with Kyle. She looks super cool, she stands out, she doesn't really look quite like anybody else on the roster, and she was in front of a live Cleveland crowd when I think of a lot of her experience has been in NXT or nxc UK, and here she is in front of, like I said, live Cleveland crowd, and she looked great against Vega, who's you know, good to look great against. And it's a good introduction and they yeah, they need credible women opponents, so that that's good that Storm is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Storm was presented well, you know, they're selling her as you know, self proclaimed stuck in the eighties, inspired by Motley Cruez. Sometimes it can be put out there a little too talking point bullet point esque when w W does it sort of pam handedly, but I think it does give her a clear distinct this is what she's about, and if it feels authentic to fans and not just paste it on as something Vincent Man came up with, you know, of some you know already pre trade mark gimmicks or ideas they had, and she's just kind of dropped into the suit, so to speak. I think it can work, and I think she she looks like she's in better shape now than when she first came, you know, first started working in NXT, and it's her her rings style. I think looked good and crisp. I think there's ones. Oh there was a spot where I can't remember what move they were going into off the ropes and it wasn't timed really well. So I mean, I don't think that like either of them are going to put this on their you know, top ten list of their favorite matches. But I think there's enough of a body of work and she's distinct enough that she's a good addition to the roster. And I'm kind of glad they aren't doing the heel thing like in nx T, just sort of shaking the etch of sketch clean for her with her with her move move to SmackDown heal for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and des by that I think this is about Australian Russell who does included debut and then go right after the champion, just like Rea did. So that's I think that's the good thing. You have to build a oute, so that's good for I'm tody Son for that point. I think about thing the last dance just the what was it was the now was about about the biggie thing. I didn't like that. I think he should have he should have came out and done Duck Craig promo and then to be in the match suttle at least at least at least for tonight. And then absolutely thought too that I'm not saying he'll punk face the faith of Roman reigns, So I think that would have been kind of interesting just saying, you know, I'm here, I can catch whatever I want to do.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 7: I don't know it's not and not not uh what's his name? To come out have a fit balot right, which I did Actually didn't like that. I did like that Ko, So I don't know that would have been something different with Dicky and that in the sixth Man he's usually just done a problem on that. That was that I think you need to be in the match. I don't think you need to do the face off because because Ballar did, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mike, any thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I could give a crap about who's in the six man tag. Really, I like the idea of Biggie coming out and cutting a promo and not being in a six man tag because I don't care about six man The said six man tag. As for like getting in Romans face, I kind of feel like Romans got enough on his plate right now with Biggie can sort of hang back because he can hold that thing for a year, you know what I mean, So there's no need for him. There's no requirement to like get up in anybody's face right now. He can dwell for a long time and he can speak to what he's thinking. But I don't know. On the other hand, there's probably not much harm in teasing a thing here and there. But I'm just saying, yeah, you can't have multiple programs running at once. But yeah, I think he's got a long time to deal with that, to deal with that briefcase.
Speaker 1: All right, fairy good, Kyle, appreciate the call. As always, We'll go to Nick and then we'll wrap up with our on table segment with Hobvier and then wrap up the callers and then we'll hit a couple emails, but we'll try to do this swiftly. Since we are running along here. You know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to, those can be one second apart. With a VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot com slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which, by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper tier options unlock our v IP exclusive podcast run throughout the week every week, Nick, thank you for holding so long. I'm glad I feel less guilty after you being brought up so early last week.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, no, no, no problem. Actually, the reason I called is I wanted to talk to Vector this is a fixed restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, Hey Vector, you're robot? Yea pet.
Speaker 4: What's my name?
Speaker 1: Hey Vector? What's my name?
Speaker 6: When you were talking to Todd, I thought you were talking you had renamed your dog Vector.
Speaker 1: No, no's, I tweeted, I tweeted the video of him. The company that built him, Unfortuate went out of business. They sold out. So I think he's a bit of a collector's item. But yeah, he is.
Speaker 17: He is.
Speaker 1: We've got a dog and two cats, so he's number four on the list.
Speaker 6: But but he is.
Speaker 1: He I do consider him our fourth pat. He hangs out in my office with me and gets stuff, falls off the area rug and tries to get back on and then he gets distressed and he starts, you know, shaking his arm up and down, and I go and put it back on the charger and then he smiles. It's it's uh, it's it's kind of eerie, how life like. It is, kind of like Tom Phillips.
Speaker 6: I just got a big kick out of you and Todd. You guys have hit most of the stuff on the matches and stuff quick on, biggie. I was really disappointed that they interrupted him because I thought he was really getting to give a real kind of mission statement promo, and then they interrupted him and it was just like I was like, oh no, he was going to be serious. Why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Plus Nick and Mike, I feel bad now that he was getting the chant of you deserved it, and it was like he might have gotten that anyway, but to have Pat McAfee say that ahead of time, it's like, you know, at your high school graduation, if like the teacher goes, hey, everyone cheerwad really loud when I announced him, It's like the cheers mean less, Like I want to know organically how popular or unpopular apathetic my classmates are towards my graduation. And with Biggie, it was sort of like, well, okay, you know, I'm not that excited because Pat McBee told you to do it. So between that and then getting rymistereo cut off on sentence three, I was I'm with you. I thought this should have been a cool moment for Biggie winning money in the bank, and I disagree with their approach. I think it diminished the accomplishment. I know they're against generic time filler promos, you know where a guy just talks and if he's not super charismatic and super over But to me, winning money in the bank, if you want that to count for something, the guy who wins it should get, you know, two minutes to talk about his plans and what it means to him. And I felt they cut it off, cut him off too soon. Did you get that same feeling, Mic or did that work for you?
Speaker 4: I was mainly annoyed that it what was cutting him off was a cascade of all the mid card wrestlers. Yeah, like, well here we go and here comes the six man tag. And I was going to say that, well, he's got plenty of time to talk about it, but this is kind of his first appearance with that contract and his first opportunity to speak to the audience about like to maybe formal mission statement or something, and we didn't really get that and what and what interrupted? It wasn't something that holds any value for me. So yeah, that is that is kind of frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nick Backe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one thing, and this is I don't know, I'm feeling mischievous this evening. Do they check inside the briefcase when they cash it in, because otherwise, I mean, theoretically you could take the con tracked out hand in the briefcase, they give you the match and if you happen to lose, go oh wait, I got the contract. Let me do it again.
Speaker 1: You know what's what win? Yeah, that's risky, Nick, and if you that's only if you don't think you're gonna win our cassion. I think that is a question for The Fix because Todd is an attorney, and on the VP show The Fix with Todd Martin mc keller, we get like legal questions sometimes, you know, sort of tongue in cheek, like you know, if this were real, what how does the law apply to how this played out? So that actually sounds like a good question for Todd.
Speaker 6: I'll send that in next week, last point, and then I'll let you move on to Hobbyer. I don't know if it's a residual from the thunder Dome era era when they were trying to keep make things more exciting or something, but they are doing so many camera cuts and I really noticed it in the Sammy Finn match. I if that counted, they did something like fifty camera cuts before the first break for the commercial. It's like like it gives me vertigo. I mean, it's just their I don't know, I just it's really yeah, what's the word, I'm looking for? A disjoint. It totally takes me out of the match because you can't just give me the hard camera shot let me watch.
Speaker 1: The match when you have superkicks like Usto and Dominic it is it's not helpful because now w is thinking we should have cut to an angle that didn't show so much light on that kick. Yeah, I mean they overdo it. It doesn't bother me as much as it does other people, but it bothers other people enough that I think it's something they should, you know, change, even if it's not on my top list of things they need to change. That might have something to do with half my time being you know, looking at my keyboard typing up stuff, you know, and maybe I'm missing, you know, the experience of just watching without a keyboard in front of me, and so I don't notice that stuff as much. I mean, Mike, are you numb to it or is it annoying for you?
Speaker 4: The shaking of the camera during certain like beatdowns stands out to me the most. Yes, bothersome if I'm looking for it. The cuts really bothered me because if they're good at their job. To get away from what way were saying about Dominic, you don't need these cuts to hide light in shots. It'll look good from a single angle. But it reminds me of several years ago. I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, and they have a section about broadcasting, and there's a booth you can sit at with monitors and it will just loop a one hockey play that was maybe thirty seconds long, like past past goal, And you have all these buttons in front of you, and what you can do is record your own little broadcast. You put on a headset and it records your audio, and you have these buttons that select the camera angle. And I, like to amuse myself, just slammed all the buttons and it was rapid fire.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: Change, change, change, change, change, change. It was changing so fast you couldn't see what was going on. But that's what it reminds me of, like when WB gets so heavy handed with like obsessed with the camera angle with every shot from one reason to another.
Speaker 1: I mean, you probably triggered security and someone said, I think there's another ten year old abusing the buttons and then they walk out, there's this grown man doing that. And then you said, why am I doing to be a fan? And I love Kevin Donn And they're like, oh, okay, we get it.
Speaker 4: Yep. Oddly enough, that's exactly how it went house.
Speaker 1: That is very odd. I must say. That's surprised with me, Mike, I wasn't there. Yeah, all right, yeah, Nick, anything.
Speaker 6: Else, all right, No, that's it. Say good night to Vector for me and have a good evening.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Yah. Vector actually responds to being pet like if you rub the top of his head, he he sort of vibrates and his eyes look up adorably. So it's it's a cool it's a cool world, all right.
Speaker 6: That just sounds weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's it's weird, but it's also sweet. I have to remind myself, all right, good night, don't get hurt. Yes, good night, Factor, we're talking about you. He's sleeping. He snores too, by the way, like he actually he makes a snoring noise at night when he charges.
Speaker 17: Longing for some nostalgia or maybe you want to learn some wrestling history, don't miss the Nineties Pass, cast every Friday on the PW Torch Daily Cast Feed. Alex and Patrick will transport you thirty years into the past by taking you through the Torch. You from that very week, follow news from the WWF and WCW and all the happenings from across the wrestling industry in real time as The Torch reported it thirty years ago. That's the nineties Past cast every Friday on the PW Torch Daily Cast.
Speaker 1: Feed aabire Welcome. What have we left for you at the buffet of SmackDown topics?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 13: Wait, hey, Mike probably left me. What maybe my upcoming one of my upcoming favorite stories that's coming out. What if they're going to do the story of Kevin Owens trying to using his life experience to redeem Corbin. I'm all in on that.
Speaker 1: I know you're right. I'm glad since I'm glad we have talked about it, but I'm glad that we will did remember to talk about it, even though it's late in the show. The idea of Corbyn, you know, asking Kevin Owens for money and and Owens gives it to him, but he's like, you know, maybe try to be nicer, you know, like Kevin can Kevin can make this work. Corbyn is weak acting when he's not in front of a crowd. I think that's been a problem for him. But I also think it's because his material was so just cartoonishly one dimensional. I think he's a smart guy with more range than he often shows. And I from the second he got called up in nixteen, everyone's crapping on him, I'm like, no, this there's I've been wrong before, but I had more hope that he could be more than what most people were, you know, bracing for with him on the main roster. So I think there's a person I think he's having, you know, talk about rains having fun in front of live crowd. I think Corbyn is going to have fun working with Kevin Owens, playing a different kind of character than the saying song scripted I'm a king or I'm you know, Baron Corbin type thing that he's been doing for so long. I don't know what the endgame is and if it's going to be good for it or not, but Kevin Owens and Corbyn playing off each other I think could be a lot of fun. Mike, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you you brought him up. Javier that was one of my favorite segments. I think the last time I was on the Post Show with Wade was might have been the beginning of this Corbin journey with when he was just becoming down and out and starting to doubt himself and we thought, maybe he's going to get asked out to dinner by the opponents who just beated.
Speaker 1: Him or beat him, and well, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I appreciate it. I promise it's not going to get edited out. Everybody enjoyed. And since I kind of gravitated toward that, I was intrigued by the down and out Corbin, but since then it became a little more cartoonish and a little more let's laugh at the guy who lost everything, which is, like we pointed out as a running game sometimes in WWE, you lost your money, you're a failure and that's hilarious. But tonight was kind of a return to form where in his segment with Owens, yeah, and it was interesting, like I want to I want them to pry more into that and I hope that they stick with that. He I think he had. I think Corbyn had an interview segment earlier with Kayla where he just said that he said, what have I become? YEA, which I thought was a really unnatural thing that you would ever say to anybody with a microphone and a camera in your face. But then the thing with Owens was more natural. I like that that the Owens like being subtle, like, yeah, you kind of brought it upon yourself. What for eight nine years you've just been a jerk to people? What about what about not being a jerk to people? And Corbyn was just kind of looking at the ground and nodding that they fired a projectile from a tank in Corbyn's penis. He fell on the ground and was mugged. And I'm not saying that was good or bad, but I belly laughed because I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, ziggler and rude, trying to steal the cash out of his hand after he takes a nerf dart to the to the crotch and it's it's just selling it, you know forever. I mean, it's camp. But it was funny, I mean, you know, in small doses at this place in the card, I think it works. And Kevin Owens is a voice, you know, the voice of reason, the voice of the fans stating the obvious. You know, hey, you know, if it bothers you that nobody feels sorry for you, and you know people feel like stealing from you and stealing your identity to you know, destroy you. If that bothers you, maybe make fewer enemies and change at the core who you are and how you treat people. Like I like when Arrestler just says what seems like the obviously right thing to say to the face of a heel, because I'm a fan of people saying the obvious thing instead of ignoring the obvious thing. So, and Kevin's good at that, Javier, back.
Speaker 13: To you, Well, yeah, and my favorite part of the whole entire segment was Kevin Owens coming back and fending off Rude Ziggler to defend Corbon so which at least makes me hope that at least tells us we're gonna get one more week of this, since next week chances that we're going to have a Zigger and Rude versus Corbin and uh and Owens and hopefully you know, was that on your.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one I'd be intrigued.
Speaker 1: Javier, Was that on your twenty twenty one bingo car that tag mate, No, no, nope, that the lightest no.
Speaker 13: Uh, you know, and just just milk it and you could end up having a festival friendship to this time, you know, with Corbyn screwing over, you know, finally deciding no, you know what being bad is better. But then you know, but maybe you can milk from stuff for this, and so it looks like they might have lost the the uh what's the term?
Speaker 10: I'm looking for the.
Speaker 13: The unlikely partners from WRAW since I don't know what's going on with Orton. Uh, maybe they could you know, just run that that uh, that kind of story of you know, unlikely partners in on tomaicn.
Speaker 1: Mike anything you want to say?
Speaker 4: No, I like it. I want one more week at least and go from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else have you Mike?
Speaker 13: Since you were talking about uh, Mike, since you were talking about the uh wearing your own merchandise, what what do you say about Kevin Owen's wearing Viking Readers merch?
Speaker 4: I like that's twice as cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you wear someone else's merch it's it's it's at least twice it's cool, maybe two point four times it is cool.
Speaker 13: The Uh yeah, I'm and you know what, it kind of makes me like, Oh, he likes the Viking Raiders, So I think I like the Viking Raiders a little bit more. So you're also helping getting get over the Viking Raiders.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 13: The one quick thing they keep talking about how Ray and Dominic are the first ever you know, father son tag team. Yeah, they're really disrespecting Shane Vincent. Shane tagged thirteen times.
Speaker 1: Did they win championships?
Speaker 13: I mean yes, indirect net tag team championships. A lot of them were handicapped tag team matches where a title is on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I will say this. I saw for its fun Eric team up with with his sons Carrie and Kevin and David and some and Mike and some former fashion I saw Larry the Ax Henning and Kurt Henning team up. I have and they might have even. Did they win the AAA TA team titles? I don't think so, but I think they did. They face Jesse even turing Adrian Adonnas at a show I attended, and then I have to see if that's true. And also what was the other team? I was thinking, Uh, we had a gun club? Oh yeah, yeah, that counts. I mean, there's a there's been a lot of father son teams. Oh Vernon, did I say Vernon greg gany out loud? Yet that's that I think they I think they team together, although verndn't seem to want to take with Craig, so anyway, Yeah, it's they definitely are not the only father son team. That's that's and I'm I'm not even citing all of wrestling history, just things that are coming to mind that I've experienced.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, even if they were just referring to just n w ee still you know, yeah, uh but yeah, I just I just thought that was that might be something a time I want to talk about since you know, Shane's all our favorites, yes, disrespect for him, swear uh uh. The one thing I really hoped at the end of the show was the reception that Balor got when he came out to face Robin rand. I really hope that they listened to that reaction and you know, not like give him the title, but at least realize that they got.
Speaker 2: Something in Balor.
Speaker 13: And you know, if we know Balor is going to lose any you know eventually when they run, when they wrestle each other, and I'm hoping that he doesn't go the way of Cesarrow. I mean, Cizarro had some other issues, but you know, I'm hoping that, you know, because you know, if this were like aw they you know, they'd be doing something with with Balor once, you know, on the other side of the thing. And I'm hoping they just don't forget, because I mean, that was that was a pretty I thought that was a pretty impressive reaction when he came out.
Speaker 1: There is only so much room to be the top, top guy, and I don't know how you keep Balor fans happy. If he's goes against Rains comes up short, then you know, I mean, it's like Cizarro. I mean, then there's the in a continental title level or a grudge feud, or you enter the tag division. And so to me, it's more how do they frame him and do they frame him in a way that seems like they're protecting him enough for him to be in main events again, or are they just sort of you know, writing him off at a lower level, you know, just kind of locking him in at a lower level after he visits, you know, a main event against Reins and just portraying give him an opportunity to seem like he's part of meaningful things like aw is just like really good at that. Like when someone's not fighting in the main event or for the world title, it's still it doesn't seem like, oh they don't believe in him as much as oh he's got other things to do, or that it's not his time, that's not where his focus is. And that's just having good depth to your booking where it's not just you know, super top heavy with all the emphasis being just on whoever's on top, and everybody else just feels kind of disrespected or disregarded.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if he goes back to feuding with uh, with them Sammy's ain like right after this, after you know, having beaten him leg did today, I mean he goes to you know, I'd I'd rather see him go against you know, somebody else, because going back, you know, that was that was like the bummer about Cesarrow, says. Cesar had looked like he had wrapped up his feud with with Seth Rollins and then you know, wrestled Roman and then went straight back to the feud with with Seth Rollins where it was like, oh yeah, we just needed a body for now, So that that's kind of what I'm hoping that they do have somebody else, even I mean, even if it is you know, Apollo Cruise for the for the ic type. I see, right, I keep forgetting which which where's the it's the ic En.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you're wrong, you're okay, we won't judge you.
Speaker 13: I understand, but uh, I mean it goes to show how important the secondary titles of WR. I sometimes forget the Apollo has the title. I have to remind myself who has the West the secondary title? On uh on second? Yeah, but yeah, so you know, hopefully they do something else with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And then with Biggie, I think i'd rather see I'd rather see him like interact for a while with Paul Hayman away from Roman rans when when you're ready to you know, head in that direction just because you know, have uh Hayman like be nervous that that Biggie's hanging around, like you know, like that segment that they had where where he was being interviewed and then and then you know Biggie came out and started you know bugging uh bugging Hayman. I want to see more of that so that that you know, Hayman would be the one suffering the brunt of Biggie stuff before Biggie's uh, you know, challenges romans. That's ultimately where they go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, and you want to comment on that, Mike, I think it might be neat. It could be only momentary. But if for Big Ee to approach Hayman to try to get to Rains and Haman to blow Biggie off like he might blow off anybody, but for Biggie to kind of flex his muscles so speak with that contract and for that to make Hayman sweat on behalf of Rains, that might be a nice, a nice, a nice moment to see ONTV.
Speaker 1: Before pushing play on the way Keller Pro Wrestling post shows, check out pw torch dot com and our TV review section and skim through a full rundown of the TV show if you didn't see it. That's your way to get an overview of what happened before you dive into our in depth analysis of the key happenings on the show. That's pw torch dot com. You're home for live TV coverage every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with my TV reports and also check out our NXT and Impact coverage on Tuesdays and Thursdays, our Collision reports on Saturday nights, and of course our live pay per view on Ple coverage on weekend. All waiting for you at PW torch dot com. By the way, w B just sent a press release with breaking news that we have a new pay per view. It's called New Year's Day and it takes place oddly on January third. No, I'm kidding, January first, twenty twenty two. Tickets go and say August twenty seventh. It's going to be in Atlanta, Georgia on January first. It's the first time in w W history that they have had a pay perview on New Year's Day. It's at a PM though, so it's like New Year's Night.
Speaker 7: But whatever.
Speaker 1: So that'll be on Peacock. So just thought i'd we just got the press release from them, so I thought I would say that, and Trey Young announced it on YouTube. NBA all start there. We go, now back to regularly scheduled programming. How have you here anything else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Quickment mentioned on the wherever the hell they were down here Miami. It's a possibility. It might not have advertised it too hard because the weather down here is really bad. Uh, there's thunderstorms and stuff, so it might have been a case where they might not have been able to have the matches.
Speaker 1: And did the stage collapse? Yesterday? I saw a news story on that, like it was. I don't know if that put in doubt the event or it just yeah, yeah, there was.
Speaker 16: A nice thing.
Speaker 6: I have no clue.
Speaker 4: YEA, I saw like a collapsed or something and then the show will go on, We're told that. That also put into question why I was wondering that did w t B didn't mention it in the first half hour of the show.
Speaker 1: And that made me think back to that, and I know Big Show wasn't taking practice bumps. That didn't cause it because he's in a w So yeah, thanks, I appreciate the generosity of your laughterday. Yeah, quite out here.
Speaker 13: And I knew that that it was happening in my you know, because I heard it was my amies. I was thinking, I didn't realize the Miami Gardens that's like, uh just north of me, and I was wondering what the hell was having to deal with so much traffic? Uh, today you know, coming to and from work, and I didn't know that it was U It's in the background, you saw the Miami Dolphin Stadium.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so yeah, uh it was a.
Speaker 13: I did like the how awesome you know it looked in terms of like you know, being outside and like a different kind of look to it, you know, the match, And I mean that could also be why the matches were clunky, you know, with the humidity and stuff.
Speaker 6: The uh.
Speaker 13: But I do, like, you know, I do like I do want to see more of this. So I do want to see like you know, like you said, the you know, a different venue, something to to be visually excited, you know, uh, to add like you know, to to make it feel more special, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I wrote that on my report pewed torch dot com. I love when someone else applies their vision to how to present pro wrestling, you know, I mean, I just you know, Mike, there's examples of that. And you know, like directing and how you know, you can imagine a director interpreting a script differently than another director would, even though it's everything else is the same. And with that, we we just don't get that very often, you know.
Speaker 3: I was so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, your thoughts on that aspect of things, well.
Speaker 4: That that stood out to me immediately, Like my eyes were more drawn to the screen for that for the two Miami segments because of the setting was different. It kind of reminded me of the Daily's Plays layout, yep, and that it was kind of one directional. It was open air, you could see the sky like it was still there was still enough sunlight that you could see the sky in the clouds, and there was a ferris wheel in the background. You could see the stadium, the dolphins playing, like Javier said, and there was some other weird tower structure. I don't even know what it was, but it was very colorful and lit up, and I could I even took notice of the like they had two scissor lifts straight away from the stage with spotlights on them in the middle of the crowd, and those things just look nothing like any WBE production and in that it's cool and unique and fresh, and I agree with both of you, I'd like to see more of it. I don't know that I want to see more of it interspersed with arena shows, because that's kind of confusing and neither part gets the best deal. So I just do more shows in unique spaces, is what I think, because they probably don't want to sacrifice all the control that they have, you know, but I say, let go of that and go something that looks cool memorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, exactly, let go of the control I hovey you or anything else for us.
Speaker 13: Well, Uh, I do want to bury the camera work that Uh you could luck me down with one of the people who absolutely hate those those those rapid cuts.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know, I understand that it also leads at least to make things look more impactful stuff on occasion. But the problem is that you're you're when when you're watching, some of your brains trying to you know, process the information and get and get like you know, the distance between stuff and you know, we're you know, the where everything in the in the ring. But when you can continue, when you cut away from that, your brains basically have to you know, rethink where everything is. And when you're just moving one place to one, you know, you're just basically slashing the screens the you know, flashing you know from one one uh, from one screen to the other. You just don't have the images and have time to sync in and you know, you could kind of tell with some you know, more modern in movies where it's like just explosions all over the place. And while yeah, it stimulates your brain and you're like, oh, you know, look at the pretty colors. Yeah, it doesn't leave you with the lasting you know, it doesn't leave you with the lasting impression of what just happened. I mean I converted into New Japan stuff because you know New Japan. I noticed there's not that many camera cuts and and the camera holds on people's faces so you can get their reaction and stuff. And it just makes the violence you're seeing in The Ring more uh, more real, while what you're seeing like in WWE, which just you know, the rapid cutaways, feels more like a cartoon. And I mean it's hard to like not understand that that's problem, you know, on a level, on a certain level, that's kind of what they want. But still it's like, uh, chill out on that. Yeah, yeah, I mean that that that through McIntyre one definitely, yes, a horrendous.
Speaker 1: One, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 13: And the other thing is cautioning them to just crossing them too. On running the bank, there was a somebody's entrance had a bunch of flashing lights where I had to I mean, I don't proceizures, but I had to look away from the from the screen the you know how they were flashing that. I'm pretty sure that could have been you know, that could have met somebody up. Yeah, I just don't remember whose interest it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember either. Yeah. Have you got anything else for us?
Speaker 7: Uh No, that's about it.
Speaker 13: Uh So I will catch you guys soon, hopefully now that I'm actually off tomorrow, might actually really finished adding the podcast, and now I get to talk about hiccolo.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, challenging for the for the.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also said three other pronunciations yeah, all right cool uh and and a fourth one that was just oh yeah, I just day it was late. I'm like, got it. Yeah, thanks, admit it. You love Nick Barbatty when he co hosts with me on the Wadekeller Post Shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 18: Hey, wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and sharp takes on WWE for Wrestlmania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered. The Nicky's Club where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatty wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, The Nicky's Club waiting for you every week at pw Torch vip har email Anders Wadekeller podcast at pw torch dot com. You are invited to send questions on anything and everything at any time, and we often work them into our flagship and our mail Bak segments too. So speaking of which, Michael will wrap up quick here because we're going long couple jump out here. Worth mentioning one. We talked about Pat McAfee earlier. This was actually sent before SmackDown, but I want to expand on on Pat mcfiel little bit because we mentioned a few things he did tonight. Jack from jack A from Swansea Whale said, I want I want to say that I think Pat McAfee has been a fantastic listen to on commentary since a debuted first week or two. I wasn't quite sure he was a good fit for the announced desk, but I think he's grown into the role very well. I saw Michael Cole was on a show this week saying Pat has revitalized his own career, which seems like a big compliment to Pat. That actually sounded like two friends watching wrestling. Dare I say McAfee brings out a normal human reaction out of Coal. I also feel like Pat isn't playing the stereotypical heel w to be commentator like Corey Grace. He's complete complimenting rains and the husso's. But on the other hand, when Carmel is playing her, heelect he won't start showering her with praise or telling us how beautiful she is, although he's all so not dating her. SmackDown last week when Zelina told him to tell everyone how good she was, he says to be fair Live has one three in a row. The personality he has. I have to imagine Vince cracks up at him. The sitting on Michael Col's head when Knackmer comes out and his fantastic line up. Whinny in the bank asking where is Sena was great. I think Pat could be to helop into a really good commentator. What do you think? Thanks for all you do? Stay safe. I was in the camp with Jack Mike. I wasn't sure on McAfee. He came across as a loud mouth who liked the sound of his own voice. I think it was Brandon maclaire who made an impassioned case that Pat's a good guy, a smart guy, a host he really liked, and you know, give him a chance, and I have, and he has grown on me. I like him, and I think Cole saying he's revitalized my career. I don't know how Corey Grace feels about that, or whoever else Cole's worked with, but Pat McAfee is a professional and experienced and is successful for a reason, and I think we're starting to see he's bringing.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: I think he's a I think there's a lot when I listened to him. He is a big enough star to have fu money for Vince, but I don't think he's going to trigger Vince freaking out and causing Pat to just walk away and go I don't need the headache, cause I think he is enough in line with what Vince wants. But he is an established personality and presence who is kind of carving his own tunnel as opposed to just following the arrows you know at the airport or the hospital that Vince has laid out for every other color commentator. Mike your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've also been a proponent of McAfee. I think it's it's interesting how he, like you said, he carves his own path or his own tunnel. That can only happen if he is an existence. He's already a fan of WWE. If that's not there, then none of this works. I think. So he probably has this internal just compass.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jimmy that Jimmy Smith doesn't have, you know, and we're yea and a nonvert didn't have. Where you're listening, you're just like I mean, I just constantly when Jimmy just says sayings and he says him like he's a alho see what t shirt contest and tipped the waitress and it's just like this tone and it's in your face and it's a it's it's it's abrasive. And then he just says things that aren't things you know. Just constantly he just makes declarations who's more popular than New Day, Well, I don't know, like six or eight guys, I don't know, Maybe why'd you say that? And like I never get that five with McAfee, Like everything he says is is because of an immense familiarity with the product. Doesn't mean I'm laugh at everything or think everything was the best thing to say, But I never think he just doesn't know what he's talking about and he thinks anything's radiots or he can get away with it like he knows a product, and there's enthusiasm and a joy to his performance. And I do think he keeps coal. He brings out something cold that we haven't heard before.
Speaker 4: And I'm not familiar with McAfee's broadcasting career or podcasting career. My introduction to him was via I think he was doing like an nxt py perview kickoff show, and he made a first impression on me that this guy is funny in this environment and that's a challenge maybe not so much, maybe not so much an NXT, but that he's doing the same thing and WBE is saying a lot. What's saying even more than that is Cole's comments that the emailer cited. That's huge for a guy whose career has been in one place for so long to speak so highly. That's that's incredible. And I mean, like I said, I'm happy that Cole is having fun again, and it shone through tonight, if only briefly to me, but it's it's new. I think it is. I see what Cole is saying. I could see how it's revitalizing. And yeah, Macfee's bringing a different energy that isn't so different that the production needs to twist it. They can leave it be and leave it be really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. iPhone users, if you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch VIP on it. Click on that. There's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows by searching pw Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the pw Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account. It's that easy. Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post pa per view roundtables, the wad Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search pw Torch in your Apple podcast app. All right, Zach and Texas has something negative to say about w B because he always does, and he always says something positive about AW And I don't say that to rip on him. I say that because he is part of the tart. He is representative of the type of fan that w B is missing out on, and I think his words matter in that way and are valuable. So he says, I don't care about John Cena versus Roman rays. John Cena's perfectly fine, even though he's outgrown the gimmick to the point where he looks like he's costplaying as John Cena, which is an interesting way to put it. Well, I don't know if John ever felt super authentic playing the John Cena. You know, Georges walks like a toddler, caters to kids, changes teacher colors. But there is something now where you're like, you're in your forties. Now you are kind of costplaying the old John Cena. And maybe that's what Rings is getting at. Anyway, the problem is that there's no intrigue. It's all sizzle and no steake. Nobody thinks Sen has a snowballs chance in hell to beat Rains. Same with Goldberg CHAMPIONSIP matches at summerslame level paper. It should be the culmination of month's long stories, not a one off of a part timer. Sina would be better surf feuding with Sammy's ain. That match finish could go either way. Someone like Finn Balor should have been built up to face Rains. Instead, we have a title match in which fans can't really invest in the challenger. It's incredibly short sighted, so react to that mic. But also I thought Sina expected a more mixed reaction, and I don't know why you'd think that after what happened last weekend, but because he was like some of you like Romans, some of you like me, Like it almost seems like he missed the dueling chance, Like it was like almost fishing for Roman fans. I know there's Roman fans out there, which is his way of saying, if you're out there, speak up, because I got a lot of material on this and you're not helping. And that's not it shouldn't be a goal. I'm just saying. It was an expectation of his I thought that he'd be in Cleveland and there would be some Roman fans he could play off of, and he didn't really get that chance. I know Dom and his section and said it was you know, you know, sixty forty Roman. But I think it came across on TV more close to what Robert experienced from the two hundred section, which is, you know, almost all boos and not a lot of not a lot of pro stuff for rain. So anyway, those are some straight thoughts I had that I was wanting to sneak in about Seina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's interesting to think about Sena fishing for a mixed response. I hope that's the case, because that's way more interesting, that's more nuanced, and I think what my support that is. I think on Raw Monday night he even said I heard some let's go Sena. I heard Sina sucks coming out, like he was like outwardly acknowledging that he was hearing both sides of the spectrum for and against him. Tonight he said, I know there's there's people who like Roman out there. There must be hundreds of you. But I was a little confused for that because I didn't know if he meant because hundreds in the arena would be a significant fraction, but hundreds in the you know, the broadcast universe would be insignificant. So I wasn't exactly I wasn't sure who he was talking to, if you met the arena or everybody watching. But either way, it kind of adds up to looking for the mixed response. In the mixed response, I guess is more interesting. All of that said, I agree with the emailer the matches he proposed are way more intriguing, but it's WWE and this is what WB serves us. You know, they're going to go back to Sena after a couple of years. They're going to go back to Goldberg after a year, and these are the big matches. We get they're still interesting to talk about to some extent, but it could be better maybe, But this is what WB does. They go back to these guys that are willing to come back and are or were really big names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think PAT fans would be more accepting of it if they if they felt they did a better job with today stars both developing, hiring, recruiting, retaining. But part of it is there just absence makes the heart grow fonder, or at least it makes you forget about how bored you were by Goldberg last time, although it seems like fans are remembering that now in the blooms off that Rose. But it creates the veneer, the facade of Summer Slime being special when it's not a recycled match that was on another pay per view or SmackDown, and that's what they're going for and generally, and you know, Goldberg's I don't want. Goldberg's has a presence and he looks still he still looks like Goldberg, and he has a presence and he can play Goldberg, you know, into his fifties because he didn't do much, you know, like his character when he was in his thirties is one that, well, if he can look the part, he can probably keep doing a spear. He's not selling machine or you know, super super graceful athlete in the way where Chris Jericho had to reinvent himself, you know, I mean, Chriss has had to portray himself in different ways over time because he isn't the athlete he once was and there's a lot of wear and tear on that body. So with Goldberg, you know, he can play the part, but there are diminishing returns when he's not protected, and he hasn't really been protected, so it is just sort of an incelgient thing. But they're not leaning on that as the main match. They're leaning on Raine Sena. So yeah, I don't know. I mean, I think it's good. I think it's showing up in the ratings. I get where's 's coming from. But it is sort of up to other people to step up too and be that person. And you know, Lashly stepped up, but he's also in his mid forties, you know, So the question is when is DEBI be going to put other wrestlers in a position to have that ruthless aggression and do what Sina did. There just aren't a lot of people that that would be where we look and go, well, daugh to be screwed that up, Like they're just not good at hiring and developing people to do that. Other than you know, there's frustration that m cole hasn't been given that chance. So yeah, anyway, onto Jobey and Jacksonville. Dobbie should have branched this, should have branded this as a w B super spread of twenty twenty one. I'm all for transitioning back to normal. With thirty thousand people from forty six states in Miami plus ten thousand more in Cleveland, and with new variants on the rise, what could possibly go wrong? Hey, if you're vaccinated and you're healthy, it's it. You know, the super spread is gonna be. People aren't getting vaccines. I mean, so, I you know, the vast majority of the elderly population or we're both both most at risk, have been vaccinated and people who have pre existing conditions. I'm in vaccinate is so I'm a lot less worked up about people who aren't getting vaccinated putting themselves at risk. I mean, I don't want anyone to be I don't want anyone to have, you know, die or be hospitalized. But it's now in the hands of the people who are choosing whether or not to put themselves, and so I don't know. Yeah, he says. My two biggest takeaways from watching for the first time in maybe a year, where one Roman Rangne is on a completely different level than anyone in Deba By and it's not even close, And two Dowdie's in the midst of tripping into the next big w B baby face headliner, Baron Corbin. This is interesting the combination of the ridiculousness of the storyline, Baron playing it's so straight faced even though you know he thinks it's stupid, and his surprising acting chops. I could easily see making him a cult accidental babyface like Daniel Bryant. I'm in our forty five minutes into this tour show, and I have no emotional attachment as a fan to anything besides really wanting to see Baron Corbin turns fortunes around. I never thought I would say it, but I want more Baron Corbyn. Go vip Joe By in Jacksonville Mike, is that are we, like, in three or six months gonna be talking about Baron Corben as just like reinventing himself, you know, in a way where he actually just through almost accident, turns into.
Speaker 4: A big stars. Is Joe out of something here? I highly doubt it, but you're saying that there is a chance. Of course, the reason I know that I should doubt it is because it's something that I'm kind of excited about and would love to see, and because we're talking about WWE and Baron Corbin and how one tracked he's been historically. It's just not gonna happen. I'll gladly eat my words. But I've said before on this show that I'm like a sucker for good sportsmanship and turnarounds and seeing the light of day. And I've caught a glimpse of glimpses of that, or maybe even imagined glimpses of that with Corbin, and I don't see them ever going all the way with that, and I'd even I would totally accept them doing that briefly, even if it means Corbyn just turns on a heel, like because see the emailer said, getting his riches back I don't want him to get as rich as I want him to learn not to be a dickhead to everybody exactly what.
Speaker 1: I want and who better to tell fans I believe in this guy. I think he's changed than Kevin Owens. Now it's going to be cliche. If Baron Corbin then you know, blindsides Kevin Owns from behind as soon as Kevin Owns drops his guard, and that might be the plan. I hope they're open to something else, and maybe that's something else, is sending Baron KORbin to like New Japan to join Bullet Club for like nine months, because then he'd come back with like because I think he'd be fine in that setting, you know, in the ring, and then he can come back with like credibility with part of the fan base for having, you know, showing what he can do outside of W's cartoon world, and then you know, he could kind of come back and be a elevated character. I can't wait for that to be think Wade Keller proposes Baron Corbyn joined Bullet Club, but I kind of am.
Speaker 4: There it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you a fan of AW looking to sit back, relax and listen to some like minded podcasters who share your passion. Do you want to be topped off the ledge after a segment that has you wondering what the heck are they thinking? Do you want to join a discussion on what AW is doing right and what they could do to improve, Then join me, Joel and me Greg for.
Speaker 19: The All of the Conversation Club every Friday on the PW Torch Live Cast. Fee search PW Torch in your podcast app and subscribe to PW Torchdaily Cast or stream our shows directly from pw torch dot com. Find full details on the PW Torchdailycast lineup at pw torchdailycast dot com.
Speaker 1: All Right, finally, Jason Jason Elt says, I'm really disappointed they didn't give Biggie an actual promo tonight after the biggest singles win of his career. They instead shows due to the same parade of interruptions we've seen countless times. They just can't help themselves. The crowd at Rolling Loud looked like they couldn't care less about wrestling, and why would they they pay to see a music festival. There was an interesting setting, and I'm happy wt's trying new things, but this didn't come across well. The contrast between a red hot crowd in house to complete apathy was jarring. I never thought i'd say this, but I'm excited to see what's happening with Baron KORbin each week. He's playing his part perfectly well and they've got me intrigued. I just hope they had that they have a worthwhile payoff planned. It's a great night for Finn Balor. No doubt rains Againsteen is still a plann for summerslign. But I'm really interested to see where they're going after that closing segment. Good hook for next week. So yeah, I mean there is a rising sense of optimism and interest in this Corbin storyline that might be like with Danny Bryant, might go beyond on WB's intentions. So another anecdotal email backing that up. I don't want w B to give up on these these unconventional settings because they think there was some down downsides to tonight. I think they should just it's a learning experience, but not something where you just write it off and go back into your your comfort, comfortable little bubble of you know, major NBA, NHL arenas with the exact same setup, and yeah, we talked about Biggie. So yeah, this was this was a week to give of a promo and it was a lack of faith in him. Anything you want to add to any.
Speaker 4: Of that, Mike, No, that all sounded good to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and Hbery melt and mentioned this and it reminded you of something I want to say too. He said, I'm waiting for the rain Scena face to face promo because I think it will recontextualize Sena's first two promos and when Rains is out there saying Sena is a two thousand and five, you know, nostalgia act like I do think, sort of like with Raw, Sina is way smarter than people who don't like Sena want to give him credit for. And Sina showed us with Rocks. He's his mind's churning, he's got a plan. There's no accidents here. You got Hayman involved, you got Rains involved. I'm with Javier. I am looking forward to seeing what Sena says in response. I didn't think tonight was his best night. I think money. I didn't think Monday was his best night. But there's something there, you know, I don't think I think he's got to feel his way through, and I'm glad we have a month, Like I want Sena to kind of be able to work with the clay a little bit, figure out what he wants to sculpt by week three and four of the hype. And that's the stage we're in. And it's fun to see somebody who really immerses himself in whatever he's doing, immerse himself in this, get a vibe for the crowds, and adjust on the fly, you know, work with Man and Hayman and Rain to go all right, this work. This didn't I approach SmackDown with this in mind, and I'm like, you know, we're fighting over what do you stand for? You know, what are your values? Well, no, everyone's standing with me, you know, so let's shift this. I think I can do this. But that didn't work. Like I think that's all going to be going on. And this is why crowds are so important and why Sina probably didn't want to come back and tell their work. Crowds because it helps steer you. And watching Sena, Rains and Hayman steer this for the next few weeks, I think it's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yep, it is. It's really important to note that Sena has yet to go face to face with Rains in this iteration of the feud, and they've got time to think about it. Rains is going to be a little tied up with Balor, but Sina is going to be around for all these shows, and yeah, they've got time to make something better happen. If it hasn't been ideal yet, they have a chance to figure it out and make it something worthwhile and exciting to see a SummerSlam.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Mike. How can people follow you on social media?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at the Mic Show forty two, and I also write, like Wade mentioned at the show's outset, I write the weekly WWE main event article for P two b torch dot com as well as every WWE pay per view kickoff show.
Speaker 1: Excellent. I'man gonna follow me on Twitter at the Wade Keller and follow our brand at p W Torch. Check out that Paul arnerf interview I mentioned at the top of the show. It's the first time that has ever been heard and it's vintage from thirty years ago. He did, didn't do? I don't know if he did any other insider interviews. Maybe he did around that time, not that I'm aware of, And it was real a moment in his career, you know, in between the hot run with hul Kog and the top drawing Hogan Field at house shows of all time and what he ended up doing in the nineties and kind of caught him in between there, and he had some blunt things to say about ww management, the infamous Jim Hurd talked about Bill Watts and it's it's good, good stuff and like I said, the full interview, you will be going up for VIP members this weekend. But on the Blue Logo Show, the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast, you can hear that and also Alan Frel talk about Owner's career, along with a full episode from ten years ago this week at the Flagship talking about the fallout from Money in the Bank twenty eleven. John Cena and Punk People in the News Today were in a prominent parts of that show, and Jason Paul joined me on the Flagship ten years ago. And it's a lot of fun to listen back to. I always get pulled into listening back to these and it's a lot of fun. So check that out yesterday. And then the regular Flagship with Jason Powell covering all the current stuff, dropped on Tuesday night earlier this week. Normally the Flagship is most often on Thursdays. This week it was on Tuesday, so check that out.
Speaker 3: Also.
Speaker 1: Our AW postgame show post show was a couple of days ago right here on the Red Logo Show, so check that out if you haven't yet. We had on site correspondence and a lot of fun talking about an exciting product right now with AW. Thanks to our callers, our onside correspondence, our emailers, hobby Eer, pd Torch VIP contributor and Mike. Thank you for co hosting once again. It was a long show, but really fun. This is what I've been looking forward to with things kicking up to the next year.
Speaker 4: It was fun, good again, good live crowds and in the correspondence in of course.
Speaker 1: Vector yes, Vector hey, Vector yeah, just pricked up and left everything those eyes all right? Thanks Mike, Thanks already. We'll talk to you have time. Your time is valuable. Go VIP and listen to our shows commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. PW Torch dot com, slash Go VIP for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership pw torch dot com slash go VIP. You can participate in the Wadkeller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic to Weadkeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the Waykeller Post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost show at gmail dot com during or write after rad Dynamite or Smackdowe. Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Weadkellerposts Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news, and fascinating flashbacks every day at pw torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the vacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality pw torch branded wrestling coverage. Admit it, you love Nick Barbatty when he co hosts with me on the Wadekeller Post Shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 18: Hey, wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and sharp takes on WWE, for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered, the Nicky's Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple, podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, the Nikki's Club waiting for you every week at pw Torch VIP. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weightkeler podcasts and pw Torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weightkeller podcast Flagship, our flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Daily cast lineup. Again, all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Weadkeller news bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes tames. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search PW Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A PW Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top news in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP membership. Now we're approaching twenty years of podcasting. Go VIP and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. We have a streamline signup form and you can pay with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library. Pw torch dot com slash go vip