Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome welk.
Speaker 1: I mean it's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you Druss, we have Quinn Ship were in with us today from Republicans and other Conservatives Washington County. How you doing, young man?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm doing great today, Thomas. A beautiful morning, and it's nice to be back in the studio. It's great to have you back.
Speaker 1: We've been We've been missing each other on occasion just because of scheduled conflicts and everything.
Speaker 2: But this is great.
Speaker 1: We've got another one of the meetings, a special one coming up on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're all specialized. That just kind of extra space. Yeah, and it's April first, No April fools, We're actually meeting on April first as usual, six thirty to seven forty five at chriss in second And one of our our regular features is our story Past, and our historian Kay Little always brings a three to five minute or has somebody to bring a snippet of something to do with a political person, a character, a circumstance. We have learned so many fascinating history things about Washington County and state politics from that segment. It's been great.
Speaker 1: It is and if anybody would know it, it's kay or know the person who knows it can she's connected. But the thing is, it's always a great presentation. It's always fun, and it's like, wow, I didn't know that, No, now you do.
Speaker 2: Now we do. The more you know, well, I kind of wondered if we should have had like a musical interlude to announce who our special guest speaker is going to be. Maybe a good robust patriotic song of some kind, Tom, thank you. That'll do it. Senator Julie Daniels is going to be driving back from Oklahoma City on Tuesday to bring a legislative mid session legislative update here to Washington County and Bartlesville and her constituents.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know that's a that's a drive, and then she's got to go right back.
Speaker 2: She'll probably turn around and drive back that Charlie. They'll probably meet for lunch or dinner or something. Crossing a second.
Speaker 1: By the way, folks, you can go in and order a meal to before the meeting gets started. Sharon and Donn and the whole staff. I tell you they love you for it, and you'll feel loved once you have that one of the small plates. My golly, they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can also order during the meeting if people want to come and eat or get them to drink during the meeting, people can do that. It's a great place to bring friends, to make friends, meet your friends there and we're can have a really special meeting as always.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well, this meeting is going to be nice. If you want to know a little bit, you know, you tease it a little bit when you said about history. Now, Julie Daniels has got a great history with this community. For people who've only been here a couple of years, you might know that the Senator just hasn't always been the senator. She was actually the mayor of Barnellsville eight years on the city council.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she knows her way around and she can answer a lot of questions on a lot of different levels as it pertains to different parts.
Speaker 2: Of governments well, and not just government, the community. And she and Charlie both for over three decades have been tireless volunteers serving on boards. They've been very committed to things like the boys and Girls clubs. I know she was on the Harvest Bank board for a season, both of them. I mean, the list is endless, and so much of it is behind the scenes, and they're just out there loving on people, caring for the community, caring for the state, caring for the district and getting stuff done. So go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right. They're very quiet about it. It's like you'll see them not gonna get up there, you know, and start kicking the bull horning. But they're good facilitators, the good partners, the good people to have on.
Speaker 2: Board, the great people to have on board. A couple like you said, people who are newer to the community are relatively new, been here almost five years now, are roundabout at Price Road and Silver Lake. I understand Senator Daniels then Mayor would have been a big impetus for getting that. Now she lived in England. We lived in New Zealand where roundabouts were common, and well, I'd love to see more of those around time personally, not if wod agree with that, but she was behind that, and she worked very closely with Representative Kin to get our new bridge one twenty three by Johnstone Park named the Nelson J. Carr Bridge. Tom that had to go through ODOT. There had to be legislation. It's a state highway. You can't just slap a name on the bridge. I mean it was a very lengthy process. As Debbie Niece wasn't on that, I had the privilege of sharing remarks with Sender Daniels when it was dedicated, and things like that just don't pop out of a box, and people don't often know, like how did that actually happen? Who is behind it? Little things like that. She's behind the scenes, working away, and she's very detail oriented.
Speaker 1: And that's if you didn't know, you wouldn't know. But now I'm gonna let you know. Very detail oriented.
Speaker 2: She's been very.
Speaker 1: Just so much of a driving force and trying to get you know, water supply for our community for years, for years, and the next time you have a bit of a drought, just remember it could have a little been a whole lot worse because they've done a lot of good work. She worked with the Senator and Lankfort on making sure we have adequate access to drinking water in our community in times of drought, and there's still work to be done.
Speaker 2: She's still Yeah, I've been on the Water Resource Committee, which Julie. She's back on and again her history brought to our current situation when we had the recent rout of a year or so ago, was just invaluable and continues to be invaluable. So let's talk a little bit about her current position to do that. On the Senate. She has been our senator since twenty sixteen, and District twenty nine encompasses Washington, Nowada and northern Rogers County, so a pretty good area. She has a lot of constituents, obviously who believe in her and have continued to support her. So she won her primary last June, and she's had the honor of being identified as the Senate Majority Leader. So I've got a couple of bullet points here to help the audience know what it is that she does as Senate Majority Leader. In fact, I believe she's only the second woman who's ever had that position, So it's a big deal for many reasons. That mean one of them, but she's one who signs bills to committees, and she's response for managing the daily agenda at our Senate down at the Okama Capitol. She oversees the legislative process on the Senate floor, but I'm going to quote this one. She ensures effective debate. Now I do not envy her job, but I can't think of anybody who could ensure effective debate better than Senator Daniels.
Speaker 1: You've got to have a keen eye and a keen sense of the history and the president in order to put that all together.
Speaker 2: Well, just to be able to coordinate, to be able to hear people's sides, to be able to help facilitate that so there can be progress on the bills or decisions that need to be made that are in the best interest of the state. Obviously representing her district here, it's a big job, and I tell you what, she is just excited about it. Every single day she takes her enthusiasm and positive attitude and hopes for the president future story where she.
Speaker 1: Goes, my gosh, it's just incredible. It really is when you think of what she does. She brings that a little bit to us here on a weekly basis with.
Speaker 2: Our with our Capital Call program about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we bring in John Strom, John By Kane, and Julie Daniels, lovingly known as the Three Jays, and they come in and they give us pretty much a week synopsis and the week ahead in fifteen minutes. It's a speedy conversation, but they candense it in bite sized form, so it's easy to digest as you're making your errands and zipping through your day. But they make sure that they don't get deep into the weeds. And she's very good at breaking down the very difficult, the very involved issue and boiling it down the common language. It's like an Abraham Lincoln was very gifted in that regard. So, you know, any comparison, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I don't think both wear big hats. And of course people see someone with a title, you know, senator, a representative, mayor, and they think these people are unapproachable. Because we've talked before, Tom, people are very approachable, and Senator Daniels certainly is that person. If you met her on the street, she's a aspproachable as the next person you're going to meet, and she just really cares for people and is so easy to have conversation with.
Speaker 1: My daughter found that out there, okay, when she was in junior high she's a senior now. She met Senator Daniels for the very first time and several years ago, and Julie says, so, what do you do since I'm at Madison Middle School and I'm thinking about running for student council. They had a conversation. Boy did they have a conversation. And it was good, and you know, Katie felt like she learned a whole lot in about ninety seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, our meeting is going to be a little bit longer than ninety seconds. Yeah, I realize that's all they had. But we have some primary things we do when people arrive, but then we want to get to our speaker. Now we end straight up at seven forty five, and so Senator Daniels is going to come, as I said, give a mid session legislative update again in her very succinct and unique style communication style. She's going to bring us up to speed on things that she's working on, other things that she wants our district or her district to be aware of, and then have some Q and A. So this is like one of these rare opportunities for a public meeting. It's free. Anybody can come, and we've had all kinds of people attend our meetings, and so if you're a constituent out there in one of the counties. If you're here in Bartlesville. Just a great opportunity to interact one on one with our senator here an update, ask some questions and just get to know her personally.
Speaker 1: You're going to be surprised how open she is the questions. Yeah, so, so bring them. H I get you know, these little love notes as I call them, emails from folks. Tom, why didn't you ask the senator to this on capol? Okay, you can be you can be the person asking the question yourself be.
Speaker 2: That person and Tom, whether she's on the Senate floor doing her daily orchestration or she's on the living room floor with her grandchildren, because we've observed that as she is the same person either way, approachable, professional, personable, and if I can say she's she's just a classy person.
Speaker 1: This is going to be Tuesday. We get understand at six thirty, but yeah, I want to get there at six orders of food, sure, and have a little social time. But once we get going, we have the history lesson, you have a few other formalities, and then we'll talk with the senator. This is all going to be great. Now, you don't chill.
Speaker 2: Tickets, No tickets, It's free. And come on in. There's the overflow room, which we've had to use use.
Speaker 1: I've been in the overflow room. So you thought that maybe, you know, media boy might get special prity. No, I just I didn't come in on time. I'm busy talking. I came in.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, well, the pool table. Yeah. People can find this at r O c w C. That's for Republican and other Conservatives of Washington County r O c w C on Facebook or info at r O CWC dot com. Our mailing list is growing, so if you want to be on the mailing list, you know, send your name an email to that info at r O CWC dot com and we'll keep you up on our monthly meetings.
Speaker 1: Now, when you see this is open, it doesn't matter how you voted in the last election. Where nobody's going to ask for a voter ID card. You just come in with your ideas, come in with you questions, come in with your curiosity and hopefully get some things answered and meet some new people.
Speaker 2: And come Senator Julia Daniels if you're not, if.
Speaker 1: You've not, especially, hey, thank you for being with you.
Speaker 2: Here to enjoyed it. Thank you all right,