Speaker 1: Yo, what's up everybody, and welcome to a brand new episode of The Hot Mike.
Speaker 2: Here I am here on the John Roka channel.
Speaker 1: I am John Roca. Join us always by the inside herself. Jeff's not Hawaii and Jeff.
Speaker 2: Hello, Johnny boy. We took a good see it man. You took last week off.
Speaker 1: You got to relax, a little rest, hanging out with the family. How are you feeling refreshed three weeks away from la Where are you at right now?
Speaker 2: Man? Good to go home, get some time with the family. Stuck up on some merch. Hello, look at that little logo I got insider So yeah. Good to see the fan, see my my beautiful nieces. Oh yes, I took them to see toy story five. I got some time on the beach, a lot of fool time. I was jumping a pool. Rich. If you gotta have a friend with a pool, If you're out there right now and you're at home and it's the summer and you don't never have with the pool, you better go make one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, where else are you gonna do your Instagram stories from? If it's not from a pool, for sure? I mean those were good stories you were dropping there Jeff for sure having some fun. So I'm it's great to see you back, man. We're excited. It's a lot to cover here, including some of the stuff you talked about this week. We're going to get into some of your stories as well here on the show. We got so much to talk about, going to get in big stuff with the Odyssey, Spider Man, Brand New Day, all Stoff going on with DC, talk about there's so much, there's so much, so so yeah. So just reminded the stream labs and super chats are open. I already have seven super chats here. Thank you so much. Keep sending them in as we go along. We're gonna answer them at the end of the show, but.
Speaker 2: Let's start off.
Speaker 1: We like, like that's a little bit stub before we get into the big stuff. This just dropped as we were starting the show. Jeff, I'm not sure if you saw this news, but apparently Free Willie is getting a remake at Warner Brothers, a reimagining show. We say at Warner Brothers, Mary Margaret Kunz and Jade Hailey Bartlett, is it a requirement of three names nowadays? They will write the new take on the nineteen ninety three adventure film Warner Brothers, Rooster Brothers Agbo are partnering on a reimagining of it. Of course you know about that film, for God's sakes, but this is such an interesting situation. They'll be producer, with Anthony and Joe Russo executive producing as well, and the Agbo slate includes a John Rambo movie with Centennio and the Robert Tinio crime Thrill, The Whisper Man, Marvel Avengers, Doomsday, and the Third Extraction film. So have we been clamoring for a Free Willie remake or reimagining? Have we lost touch with the Killer Whales? What's your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: I've been trying to free Willy for a long time. Okay, there it is. I mean one of it is just like mean I did like these movies, sure, sure, I like them. I mean it's all about finding the right kid. Yeah Whale and you know who this is a perfect vehicle for. I gotta say, what happens next May after Starfighter comes out and you need a vehicle for a kid named Flynn Gray.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: That's what you do with this, That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Amy Adams has been talking him up all doing her own press tours. So she said how much she enjoyed working with Flynn, So why not that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: You keep him in family, you have him do Disney's Free Willing Is.
Speaker 1: The whale a trained whale? Or is the whale?
Speaker 2: C g I is at ai?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the whale? Jeff? What kind of whale are we going to get?
Speaker 2: We get Brendon Frasier, Oh, my god, the whale? Or or the little boy from Mike? Jimmy says, who who? Leonovaldi?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you could do that. Sure, that'd be a good interesting take, for sure.
Speaker 2: I actually like the idea of like a black family. Yeah, and free Willie and like that could be interesting.
Speaker 1: Free William what.
Speaker 2: But like, uh, I don't know this makes sense. I have questions that I need more family films that aren't like The Sky Alien Invasion, Just like, give me something a little wholesome like this, Yes, balls coming out this this film. Maybe Wales are gonna be hot again after this movie.
Speaker 1: Wales are the thing nowadays. That's a great point, for sure. I also think you know you're right to hit the family aspect of it all. We're seeing, you know, some of these films that have a little more of the traditional family values type of approach or political bent. You see that were Young Washington over performing like crazy at the box office. So certainly the family idea, the idea of come back to family, re embracing that stuff, getting people back into theater, that makes sense, you know so much. Yes, But I mean, I think this is a fascinating situation. So we'll see how it all comes down. What all right? So what is this? This just also popped up? Oh, it's an animated Friday the Thirteenth animated horror comedy from Dan Tracktenberg sets a twenty twenty eight release date.
Speaker 2: Anything to say on that, Jeff? What? Yeah, Larry, let me bring it up.
Speaker 1: On the screen.
Speaker 2: There we can the bloody disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's a Paramount Picture's forthcoming animated feature based on the comic Friday the thirteenth. Friday thirteenth. Oh, sorry, Freddy, not Friday. There you go. It just popped up. But what do you want from me? It's a family horror comedy. There you go, Jeff, again, family films. Is this where we're going? Is this where we're going?
Speaker 2: Man, No, I think this is going to be a development project. Okay, alright, well not like I just.
Speaker 1: Thought.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I wasn't bowled over by that announcement. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Let's move on to one of your stories here. Let's let's hit this one right off the bat. Pe uh b for Vendetta is not happening at Warner Bus with Peter Jackson's script. At least you reported on this.
Speaker 2: And wait, wait a second, bring it down, Bring it down. You're moving too quickly, buddy, Okay, go ahead. Pete Pete Jackson is not Peter Jackson.
Speaker 1: It looks the same to me. I mean, you say, you know Pete Jackson's Peter Jackson.
Speaker 2: No, Peter Jackson is Peter Jackson. Nobody calls him Pete. I don't. I don't call it Pete Jackson is another writer. So let's just clear that up right now. They didn't pass on Jackson. Pete Jackson did this BAT denominated series somewhere boy. He also did the Death of Bunny mon Roe with Nick Cave. Oh that's a good one. I like death, But yeah, I didn't see it, but it was on the radar. They can't they hired this guy November to write me for Vendetta. It sounds like they really maybe weren't on the same page creatively. I never really understand this, where like somebody talked like I was told he turned in like a period a period themed sort of piece.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's my issue. Reading your piece is like, how do they not tell him what they want and let him go right? And they go like, you know what, maybe.
Speaker 2: If they if they you know, oh, we got to work with this, or he's a great writer, go do whatever you want. He turns it in and they're like, actually, it's not what we wanted after all. I have no idea all that shit, right, because like you know, it's like it's pitched one way to me. Initially is like, oh, yeah, you know, the showrunner exited because he couldn't line up you know, the creative vision. And then network is like, it's not it wasn't a creative differences. We just passed on it. Yeah, isn't passing on a script? I mean, you're it's a creative difference, Like, I don't know whatever. They basically reserve the right to redevelop this project down the line with another writer. Yeah, this wasn't the take that they were looking for. I don't know if it's become you know, too hot button a thing now that they're being bought. You know, it's right, right, all the government's feathers. Yeah, I mean v for Vendetta, it wasn't like a huge movie. It grows like one hundred and thirty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Back in the Yeah, yeah, so like a hit.
Speaker 2: You know, it did well, but it's not like we need a TV show about it. And I do think you'd have to kind of do something radically different to distinguish it from the movie. So I'm not surprised that HBO passed on this script at this time. I also don't think this should really be a priority for DC right now. It's like, dude, we don't have Wonder Woman, Like, let's get it together before we start putting together for Vendetta shows.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good point. That's a good point. You don't want that for sure. And yeah, I mean, this is p Jackson, as I said from the beginning, the writer here, this is this is the guy, not Peter Jackson. This is the Peachjacks you're talking.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's odd to.
Speaker 1: Me reading your story like how they wouldn't do this, But you're right, maybe they kicking the can down the road and I just don't know that they would walk into this right now until the merger is over, and how would they want to handle this situation. By the way, a few state attorney generals are going to file lawsuit, according to numerous reports, next week for this paramount situation. So we'll see how that all shakes out. Which will be solved first the paramount? What about the situation of the Kawhi Leonard aspiration situation? This is is I feel like both of them are up in the air right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question actually, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A little bit of an inter sing d C updates. So that was one of the d C updates that I got this week from a source.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to talk about the other one yet?
Speaker 2: Or what's the second one's Do we want to talk about the main one, the gorilla?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about the MABE because that actually that's actually out there. And if you've got something new to drop, then I think we should.
Speaker 2: I haven't, so okay, go ahead, here's what I'll say. Okay, we're gonna talk about Rilla Grod in the second, but I basically got you know, somebody reached out Gorilla Grod. Jimmy Tantroy told me a little bit about this be for Vendetta situation. Yeah, in me a third thing, And that third thing was I was going to share with you, as I put in the newsletter, the news you drop a pretty hot rumor. Source reached out since then and asked me to sit tight for a beat. And that is the name of the game. If it's your if you're the source, you're the quarterback. You decide how the ball gets thrown. And wait. So I am going to sit on that third thing that they gave me. However, Okay, since I don't want you to just make promises and then not keep them, Yes, and reiterate, corroborate if you will, my recent report that there is a poison ivy series WHOA works within the Reeves universe. Okay, so I don't think that's news because we've sort of already talked about it on this podcast, but they did reiterate that that is a real thing.
Speaker 1: So underlining it a few times.
Speaker 2: Thing, Yeah, you'll just have to wait a little bit a while longer, maybe okay, two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. Someone just asked where they get your sweater. Jeff, here's the merch link. It is in the murdered copy and paste and go get something.
Speaker 2: In the description and in the subscription.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just want to make sure it's out there for people get stuff.
Speaker 2: First final You don't have to be I mean you have to subscribe to the newsletter or just you know, go online to get it. But it's all it's all in that first sentence. There you go.
Speaker 1: It's all there in that first sentence. Yeah, all right. Well, let's talk about your Gorilla Grod story here, Jimmy tatro I saw some I saw some news outlets try and take credit for your story here, Jeff, But I you were the first person I saw in this. We had talked about it last week, even uh that you had you were sitting on this and waiting to drop it. And there it is. Jimmy tatrou In talks to play Gorilla Grod in the Jimmy Olsen series. Some people you seem to be really excited about it. Some people on the heels of Supergirl crashing and burning at the box office, and we'll get to the dramatic story that was written last week. Uh said that it's it's it's DC not learning the lesson, and here they go again doing the small stuff.
Speaker 2: So what are your thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on this? I've always liked this guy. Yeah, I'd liked him since American Vandal.
Speaker 1: Mhmm.
Speaker 2: I think he's kind of perfect for Gorilla Grod. Right, you don't need a big name as that care. No, No, he is not gonna he's a rising star. Yeah, he has a good voice, he has good comic timing. He knows the American Vandal guys. Obviously they have that connection because they're the ones doing the show, right. I just think he's kind of like a good foil for Skylar Jizondo. Yeah, I really like this casting. I don't know, I mean, I I assume he'll be doing like the the mocap if that's what they're If that's the way they're making this imagine so uh but yeah, I just like this this whole idea of the show, right, I don't know if it will be called DC Crime ultimately. People were pointing me to something James Gunn and said that he would never let it be called DC crime. I don't know, be called villain as a sort of hat tip to a American vandal. But either way, I like this outside the box approach to a Superman spinoff. I don't need the terrific show right away. This is a little bit different. It speaks to, you know, the true crime craze. I like this mockumentary approach, especially with someone like Sky or Jizondo. Yeah, you know front Center.
Speaker 1: Well does it also fly under the radar, because like, no one's going to look at this series and be like, well, if this doesn't work, James Guns in trouble, you know what I'm saying. There's not that kind of energy probably around a series like this, whereas Lanterns, people are already kind of like wondering if this is going to be good or not. And then you've got Clayface coming and of course Mana tomorrow, So there's already this conversation over the last few days about like where James Gun's status is at DC. So something like this is more of a toss off for fun thing. Yes, you're you're entering introducing a villain's going to be in the cannon, but it's I don't think the expectations are quite the same, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean that's sort of what I want to address today, like a lot of sky is falling type of writing. You know, Boris delivered a very level headed assessment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: A great post mortem article on Friday. Yeah yeah, like you know, right ahead of the holiday weekend two like perfect, Like obviously this is bad. There's no way to spin this, no, right, But it's not all on James and Peter, Like, we got to give some of the blame to Craig Gillespie, who just you know, pitched a big bold take and kind of like struck out. You know, maybe he maybe he ultimately wasn't the right hire, but like you know, and I'm gonna lay it all at his feet because he's working within the machinery of d C and has to within certain boundaries. But like, you know, certainly some of the blame lies with him.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you how do you figure?
Speaker 2: Can you mean he's the director?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But but here's the deal. He's a director for hire. Jeff Right, They hired the writer before they hired him, and they hired Millie Alcock before they hired him, so they basically brought him into direct stuff that he didn't have any hand in. And so how much of the I understand he's his job is still to you know, bring the ship to port, kind of like Gareth Edwards did with Jurassic World Man eight hundred and something million dollars, but in this case didn't quite get it done. But there was a lot of drama going on behind the scenes, and at some point Greig Gillespie is having to fight for anything to be put in his movie. I do think he's blame. I'm not saying it doesn't blame, but I also think like he was handed in a lot of stuff that he didn't choose. So how much of this is he responsible for in the end? You know? I wonder.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, certainly a percentage, you know, I guess it's all on any one individual. I think I think the big thing from what I gathered because I haven't seen the movie, but I thought Devin Feraci wrote a great piece. Did you read that?
Speaker 1: No, I did not read piece.
Speaker 2: I thought he read a great piece of Just like, who's this for? Right? Young girls? They should have made a Supergirl for young girls? And you know what young girls like, they're like cute boys, you know, and there's no quill he always boy in this movie, right, Lobo, you know is supposed to be the cute boy in a way. Yeah, like that's why people love Spider Man. Cute boy who's a nice guy, who's India wants to take home, you know, right right. I thought it was an interesting observation, and obviously for actually had a bunch of other points as to why the movie doesn't work, and just like on a conceptual level, and some of that doesn't have to do with James Gunn's taste, but he also just thought Gillespie was, you know, a poor fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, I mean Drew mcweeney commented on my tweet and said, like, I would take the worst James Gunn film over the best Craig Gillespie film, which I thought was I did not agree with that. You know, I wouldn't take some other I wouldn't take some other over Itania, you know, or super over Itania, you know. And so I don't callte gorilla even I don't quite see that, but I think that's a fair point what Farachi is saying. Who's this for? I think that's what you look at a little bit when you pull back, is this was the wrong decision to lead Supergirl with this story. This story is so dark, so dramatic, full of trauma, and then you're adding child bride stuff, You're adding child trafficking stuff to this whole thing. This is not I think what people were wanting from a first Supergirl movie. I think you got establisher. So maybe an origin movie, because there's not a lot of origin movies. There's only one for Supergirl. Really, I don't know how much of an origin movie it actually is. So you established that first, then the second film can be a little darker. You can play with Women of Tomorrow in the second film. So this is on Gun in terms of this is the story he wanted to adapt. If you go back and watch that video, he said Woman of Tomorrow, it's gonna be a massive sci fi action epic. He wanted to do this story. So that's on him, and he did choose Gillespie.
Speaker 2: So blame James and Peter for trying to fix that movie right like it can get spun into. They're forcing certain decisions on them. If their decisions are testing better, you know, that's that's that's a democratic sort of way to do it, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The question, though, Jeff, is why did they stop tinkering with it and then just go like, well, here are the two cuts. Fuck it, you guys vote on it in a test audience.
Speaker 2: Let's go like, why not you have to hit or release. You can't just be tinkering with it and try to get into perfection. It's like, Yay, this movie kind of is what it is, Like, this is the best tick we can get it into. You know. I didn't go see it, not because I don't like female superhero movies or I don't particularly big millig Alcock fan. The story just did not speak to me, like, I have no interest in seeing the movie. Maybe if I'd gotten like a free invite to an early screening, maybe, But like the woman Boston, I had every opportunity to go see Supergirl a lot of nights in them, Dad, right, I had no interest. That's that's on the marketing.
Speaker 1: But for all the all the you talk about chicken litter, all the writing of this kind of stuff, you know, this goes back to what we talked about when this announcement was first announced. For James Gunn like, how many of these filmmakers are gonna kind of are gonna want to come work with James Gunn? And now here's a filmmaker who did come work with James Gunn and in essence they try to take the film away from him to a degree to try to save it. So, if you're a director, do you want to walk back into these halls right now and work for James Gunn knowing he's done what seven out of the nine to ten projects that you got coming out? Like, it's just an interesting situation.
Speaker 2: Is this narrative change when Clayface is a huge hit? Because this is that's the thing. This is what I'm getting at the whole. I'm pro dc right, Okay, this is the stumbling block and this is like karma for all you know, all the going on the internet and saying it. You know, I know how to do everything. Blah blah blah right right right right right next movies are what Clayface going to be a hit?
Speaker 1: Possibly?
Speaker 2: I think Lantern's is gonna work for each.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it? Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: They have shared four episodes. I believe with your writers longa writers. I'm not one of those. I'm not saying nothing. I've heard. I've heard it's it's okay at the very least, right like it's it's like a disaster. I think it will intrigue people. I think it'll perform well for HBO. I think they have a star in Aaron Pierre. Then you're gonna get Man of Tomorrow. Yes, hit, that's gonna be a hit, Okay, don't you think.
Speaker 1: I say, if you look at James Gun's track record, I would say yes. Because James Gundrex films really well.
Speaker 2: I would say yes. David porn Sweat is that care.
Speaker 1: They do, and they like to make this hold this next week and not.
Speaker 2: Taking anything out of Superman. It's not like there's somebody who big who's not like necessarily coming back. You're just adding Brainiac to that sou fle and probably Wonder Woman too.
Speaker 1: Right, But you're adding a character, a actor again who is not known to too many people and is kind of similar to the.
Speaker 2: Actor that was super much better known, much better than than than Krem from Super Right. So I think there's a much more excitement about seeing that character finally on on the big screen. Superman Man Tamara, I think that's a hit Batman hit.
Speaker 1: It's nothing to do with James gun though. That's got nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: But it's DC. It's just sure sure. So to me, that's four for clayfaced lanterns Superman to Batman two, that's four hits. So yeah, this is a stunning block. But I don't think it's a sign of like, oh, now everything that they do isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fair, but I mean it wasn't like Supergirls in a Vacuum, right, Like people didn't like the season two of Peacemaker ending and the right were way down from season one. People didn't like the Indian Creature commandos the people who watched it, right. Superman is liked, but you know, people thought it was going to do much more than it did. But it did revitalize the brand. And now you have this Supergirl debacle in when it's come out. But then they're attacking this idea of the plan of going with these smaller characters. Like you said, DC Crime, whatever it's going to be called. You've got the Dane bet Bain death Struck movie that's still happening, and so you have these questions around all of this stuff. And then the Batman stuff is still sitting out. There's this massive elephant in the room about how to deal with it. But if what what I'm saying is, if people starting to lose faith in James Gunn, how many people are going to see clay Face even if it got good reviews. What if clay Face doesn't do that well? What if it want to make sixty million dollars on a forty million dollar budget, or seventy or eighty even give it an eighty. And then if Landros comes out and the ratings aren't that high because people don't like the series overall, that also hurts James Gunn. So by the time Man Tomorrow comes around, it could be like James Gunn, say, saving your job or your fire, you know, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be willing to put it all on Clayface. I'd be willing to put it all on Clayface and say wow, work, goodbye, oh oh yeah, and just say hey, you know, if this is another, you know, another example of where you want to take this universe, and no one next with his character, then you know what, Let's keep you around to direct these Superman movies, but we'll find somebody else to map out this universe. I'm saying, I think Clayface is going to absolutely work. Yeah, the choice he had a decision to make. Okay, do I make Sergeant Rock right? Squad Agnino and Colin Ferrell and a budget that was probably seventy five million, right, right, right, Clayface. I don't know who's starring in it, and when I cast a star, no one's going to know who it is. Right, Okay, some director who's not Kugladagnino. Right, But it's forty million dollars and it's horror that he is a smart studio head. Okay, Okay, it's not about who your director is. Tough one. I had to pull the plug, Sally, sorry, Colin had to pull the plug. This movie at forty million dollars in horror, horror audiences show up, they come out, So I absolutely going to be a huge win. It'll probably make back its budget in its opening weekend. Who are we kidding?
Speaker 1: You have a lot of faith in this movie, man, I have a lot of faith. I don't know that I have, and I'll tell you why. Because it's not a straight horror film. It is in the DC universe. This isn't back rooms or obsession or or whatever that TV show horror trailer that dropped this week, that's not it's it's this is something that has to adhere to some DC situations, And if Batman's going to be in this movie, then that removes it from being a horror even more so it makes it something different. So I don't know necessarily that the horror audience is going to run to an establishment Warner Brothers type of situation, IP franchise type of situation. I don't know. You know, I'm not saying wrong, nor am I doubting you. I'm just saying there's a possibility it doesn't do as well as people think it's going to do because they don't see it necessarily straight horror. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think this is the horror event to the Fall, really Okay. The only other one I can think of is on Peacock, So can you even call that an event?
Speaker 1: No? No, But someone asked this question really well. Trash Panda asked the same question that Faraci asked, who is Clay Face fool?
Speaker 2: It's for the same people that powered Joker to a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: M but that had Juaque in Phoenix. This guy's unknown. It's interesting though, could be you never know, could.
Speaker 2: Be it was Joker a billion dollars or a joker.
Speaker 1: Meant a billion. Joker made a billion. Yeah, people were surprised by that.
Speaker 2: Resident Evil is obviously big guys, but oh yeah, I mean it's very big. But uh yeah, I kind of think clay Face is right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're saying people are being a little too chicken a little about James Gun. Yes, but you're also saying if clay Face shits the bad then they got to get him out.
Speaker 2: You can't go one for three, right, one for three, That gets you bounced out of this business. Look at Richard Kelly.
Speaker 1: Huh true. True.
Speaker 2: So this was a I mean, it's we need to decide where we go after Superman and Supergirl. Where are we taking this? That's the He's like, cold, guys, come down this path. This is where we're going right right? Yeah, Like if that leads you into the swamp and you get stuck in the mud, you want someone who's gonna be like, all right, we got to turn around and go back the way we came, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, you can't keep going. So I think it's all on that, and I think it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be gonn there's so many VARIABLESO. With the Ellison situation coming through as well, we don't know how that's going to change things down the road. So we'll see, but you know, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we're halfway or half an hour into the show. Thank you all so much for watching. Well over six hundred of you joining us live. Thanks so much. Please make sure you hit a like on this video. Subscribe to this channel. I just cross forty two, would like to get to fifty. Please subscribe to this channel. And Jeff, where can they find all your stuff on your newsletters and the scoops that you got there.
Speaker 2: The inn Snyder dot com. Yeah, all your needs.
Speaker 1: I didn't see you talk about this, but Jeff, the Emmys came through here, the nominations happened. What are your thoughts on this? The pitt led the way with twenty five nominations, Hacks, which had a great last season, got twenty four nominations, which is a record for a comedy series in a single year, and Widows bay Hey Now earned nineteen nominations, leading all news shows. Plurmus had eighteen, Beef had sixteen season two, Saint Louis at thirteen. I need to watch that series. Satah Live and Spider and War both got eleven a piece. So some good stuff there, Jeff. Overall, Yes, your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most thing. The thing I was most excited about was Mariska Hargatea hosting. I thought that was great. M She's a great choice. I love her. I'm the only guy who's still watches sp you on a weekly basis.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're the only guy who wouldn't be on it wouldn't be still you're great.
Speaker 2: And the only who's gonna admit to it on a podcast.
Speaker 1: Fair, fair, Fair.
Speaker 2: I just don't really care about the Emmys, even though I oh, wow to FYC, like right, you know, if you've watched that show this season, I've seen thirty percent of the nominees. The stuff that gets nominated just isn't really my cup of tea. Necessarily, I started with don't finish him. I haven't seen Widow's Bay yet. I've heard it's great. I really do want to haven't had time.
Speaker 1: I want to hear what you think. I hope you do get a chance to watch it.
Speaker 2: They hacked, Like the Pitt and Hacks are both really good shows. Hacks terrific wins. Do you really think Bacon knockoff Hacks?
Speaker 1: Do I think what willows Bacon knockoff Hacks final season? I don't think so. Hacks is so beloved. Plus, it's about the industry, bro, you know, the industry loves to reward the industry. So I don't think so. But I think since Widows Bay is coming back for a second season, I do think this now moves Widows Bay into contender status for next year for sure. But I don't think they'll you know, knock them off this year.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, it's just the same, Like it's the same shows that are nominated every year. It's the same people in performances. I don't know. I disagree with a lot of the the Emmy stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about plurbis hard for Lewis? Yeah, what about the Task not getting nominated? That's that was pretty shocking to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's crazy. I mean maybe it's just because it feels old, you know, it feels like it was so long ago that That's the other thing I don't understand, Like the calendar here it's it's yeah, I hate it. Yeah, I just I mean, even like they give you could be like the lead in the TV show for like yes or twelve hours, you get the same fucking statue as someone who's in one episode for like six minutes. Mm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You say thing about movies. You could start a three hour movie and then they give Anthony Hopkins and I are Judy dengeon Oscar for ten minutes. But like, I don't know, I just the kind of like ridiculous to me.
Speaker 1: Do you watch your friends and neighbors?
Speaker 2: I don't is this one?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would get into it. Man, I just don't watch like it a lot you do, all right, all right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: I always going back and forth on John Ham because I'm not always in his camp and stuff. Were you surprised about the about the Madison getting snubbed? I mean that seemed like the most mainstream.
Speaker 2: From tailors, Taylor Sheridan.
Speaker 1: That's a shame. What was the other one here?
Speaker 2: That one? Ah, strange things I know that snubbed right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, half Man got snubbed for the most part. Jamie Beale getting snubbed for that role We're like.
Speaker 2: This is the best, the best, Okay, well, like, congratulations to you on being the two percent of people who finished that show. I was like half man screeners. I'm like, clear my fucking schedule, right, maybe Reindeer follow up, follow up the Indier go to that show and I was like, holy fuck, like I need I need to drink at this and I don't drink. Right. It was like I never watched the second episode. I never finished the show. And how many people A lot, probably because it's just so grim, Like I just who wants to spend later life watching this misery porn prestige TV.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean some people do enjoy it, Jeff, some people do enjoy it. So but I was happy for Hacks. I loved I loved that last season and that last episode. What a great finale. I just finished, we finished, uh the Bear. I thought this past season was the best of the last three. I really enjoyed this last season. I really did very touching, very heartfelt. Couldn't believe it's all basically one night, one day, one day and night the whole season. It was intense. Man, I loved it.
Speaker 2: You didn't like it?
Speaker 1: Did you see it? I don't watch Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, popular. I don't watch it, John.
Speaker 1: It's not true.
Speaker 2: You watch this for you. It's pretty popular.
Speaker 1: It's pretty popular.
Speaker 2: Not with the segment of people on that are online talking about to.
Speaker 1: Your Boston boys. All right, let's okay, So anything more to say on these anymore? Any other snubs? I don't think there's any of the snubs.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about these Marvels.
Speaker 1: What do you think about it? That's hold on, let me bring it up all right, here we go Indian Averred. Apparently the rumor is that she has met with Marvel. But then again, Jeff, everybody seems to meet with Marvel nowadays. But maybe this one has a little more credibility because she's coming out of Obsession, which just crossed four hundred million dollars at the box office. I will watch it at some point this weekend and do a reaction to it. But yeah, what do you think about this? Her meeting with with Marvel? And we'll deal with the heat too stuff in a little bit, supposedly meeting with them as well. But what are you thought this?
Speaker 2: You have to deal with them together? Okay, I don't I don't like either one's gonna happen. Wow, who talks about this if you're actually going to be casting X Men?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You talked about taking a meeting with the X Men director.
Speaker 1: Oh No, she didn't say it. It's reports are saying from some credible sources.
Speaker 2: He said it in a Nylon inn.
Speaker 1: She said, I'd love it. I would, she said. Asked if she would do a Marvel movie, she just said I would. Shouldn't say I've met with anybody about it. You sure I'm looking at it right now?
Speaker 2: You're looking at Nylon.
Speaker 1: In a new interview with Nylon, the twenty five year old was asked if she would do a Marvel movie. I would, she replied, She speaking of which, according to Hollywood reporter, Navrad has reportedly met with Thunderbolt Timmer Jake Schreyer, who is directing the Marvel's upcoming X Men reboot. She's also reportedly met with Michael Mann, who is currently casting Heat Too.
Speaker 2: That's not the way I The way that I read it was they gave that she listed four directors who she wants to work with.
Speaker 1: Oh, did you just say Jake Jake.
Speaker 2: Schreier were on that list? That's what you Jake Schreyer like, why you know, what do you a secret? Robot? And Franklin So I don't know, but I would assume. Listen, I'm sure she's going in for fucking everything right now, right of course she is. Yeah, yeah, she can write her own ticket. I really believe that, right. Her being the leading obsession is completely different than Odessa being the female lead in a successfully twenty four movie like Marty Supreme.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: If she wants to be an X Men and come municates that to them, I think that she would probably get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Her list of dream directors is Ryan Coogler, Greta Gerwig, Michael Man, and Thunderbolt director takes right. My girl trying to put herself in everything.
Speaker 2: This is a smart answer.
Speaker 1: She's like, find me, put me in Black Panther three, put me in a Heat two, put me in the next word of Gerwig movie, and put me in That's what.
Speaker 2: She wants to do, right. It's like, what is she right for Heat? Like, okay, yeah, I want to be the part of Heat two all over with Christian bal Leonod DiCaprio and Michaelman. Great is she right for this role? Because she doesn't seem like.
Speaker 1: It, could she be a young Ashley Judd? You don't think so?
Speaker 2: No? First of all, no, absolutely not. She should not be uh Christian wife. But no, there's the role of Elisa, and it's like, I still seem too young for that role. I don't really see you opposite like Stephen Graham, I think she's right for heat too. Is I craps you? You could fit her into any one of these characters, But it's like, is that really what you want to do is go run off the Marvel and be like a Marvel girl and a slave to that universe for the next decade. I don't know if that's the best play.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jennifer Lawrence did it right right when she was Lawrence now well true, true, But she got a couple of oscars out of it, didn't she or a few nominations in.
Speaker 2: That Indy should be taking over some app some of Jennifer Lawrence's projects at Apple because everything Apple has with Jennifer Lawrence and Guys you Can't Star and everything. And you know, when was the last time she had a movie that cracked four hundred million dollars? I can tell you it was a decade ago. It was sixteen's x Men of Bocalypse, which is an X Men movie. So it's exactly she doesn't have a four hundred million dollar movie like Indian Ever. You know, just yeah, I'm sure X Men is the answer. I know that it is obviously for certain actors, right.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know if maybe this is, but I think you might be right for a different reason though, Jeff. I mean, Sadie's sink is going to be the lead of this X Men movie with whoever's playing Cyclops, So she, in essence will be playing part of an ensemble piece, but it won't be her leading the way. Right. So, if you're Indian Ever at coming out of a film that made four hundred million dollars where everyone is talking about you and everyone wants to meet with you, are you going to take a role where you're playing third or fourth banana in an.
Speaker 2: X Men movie. I don't think that you would do that. So that's where my mind goes to.
Speaker 1: Although she mentioned Jake Srye, which I think she wanted to get tongues wagging, which your PR agent probably said, mention these four because this will get you some attention. I think in the end, there's no way she would she would take the role and be like third or fourth on the list. It doesn't make sense where she's at right now. And I'm looking at it, and look, some people are like, well an actor wants that. Listen, this is Hollywood, man, It's a whole nother fucking ball game. It's about establishing yourself and getting people to understand you want to be a lead. Taking it third or fourth part on the call sheet isn't going to help you get that lead, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I don't think it's right for her, but you know it's not necessarily wrong. Okay, Yeah, you can see her being a bond girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she's twenty five, she's in that age range. She's certainly phenomenally attractive. So yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: You're working with Denie Like, yeah, not Jake Schreyer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Karen says it right there. I would say, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to like rag on Jake Schreyer here, but uh yeah, oh, you're right. There are other things to aspire to than the X Men.
Speaker 1: Right, If you have like Grete garrowg Ryan Coogler, Michael Man and then Jake Jake Tryer is like that dragon with the weird face, right, the other three are like great looking dragons. The fourth was because why would you go that direction? You're right, you want to work with the best, and if you get an opportunity to work with the best, you want to jump with that.
Speaker 2: He two is different.
Speaker 1: I think she could take the role and he too if she wanted to do it. And that is an ensemble piece. She's not the lead. But there's a prestige factor to that that's different from X Men, and so I think there could be something with that by the Bond film. That's a great idea. Man, that is a great idea. Someone says she's a couple of years off. Yeah, they wouldn't start shooting tomorrow if she was going to be in the Bond field, be next year sometimes, So yeah, I like that idea. No, keep her away from Star Wars. Don't even mention star Wars. What other Marvel news have you got any other more? You said, Marvel News? Is there any more you got Marvel news? Wise? Have you heard anything?
Speaker 2: You know all these rumors about this new mutant? Right, I'm told yes, the Black Panther three is going to introduce a new mutant. Yes, I'm told it's not Magneto. Okay, and yet Denzel's going to be in the movie, right, I believe so. I don't think Denzel is being is going to be Magneto.
Speaker 1: It sounds like okay.
Speaker 2: I think that he could be playing some other villain role. I don't know if it'll be in amalgam of different characters, an original character, or the Shadow King. Oh and you know rumored. I can't imagine him in that costume.
Speaker 1: But let's run through these real quick.
Speaker 2: It could be storm.
Speaker 1: What do you think is Wagner Mora really the top choice to play mister Senator mister sinister in the MCU. Have you heard.
Speaker 2: That I thought was mister Senator? Guys, I don't even know. I don't know the difference. I don't know what what the hell is going? Wow, I think that they like him for the villain role, but again, he just signed on to be the villain in Ocean's eleven. I think they like the villain in Bond. The guy had villain written on his fucking forehead. That the second he did Secret Agent basically and was the good guy.
Speaker 1: Now my time Shine Hello also has h Dwayne Johnson reportedly being the top choice to portray Apocalypse and Marvels X. Do you buy that at all?
Speaker 2: I almost tweeted something in response to this today. Okay, what a horrible character is that? Not one of the worst characters of the last ten years that you've seen on there you go.
Speaker 1: It's not a terrible character in the comic books. It's an incredible character in complex But yes, what we saw in that movie was horrific and poor Oscar Isaac. Oh my god, I hope the money spent well, brother, because that was a rough, rough, rough it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Dwayne would hate it. Yeah, the name of Apocalypse is totally tainted. I don't think that they should touch that character, and I don't think Dwayne would go do that. He should be holding out for like dark Side or I don't know, some other massive villain not that.
Speaker 1: But should he be holding on for that? Let's talk about this, nick, should it be hold on? I'm in like his this Milana dude is not tracking well. I just got a text from Winston A. Marshall in Los Angeles who texted me, bro, I think muwanna may shit the bed hardcore. It is four pm during a summer break in La and I am in this theater alone for a screening of this film.
Speaker 2: So is the bloom off the rose on the rock?
Speaker 1: Bro? Why would even anybody look at him for a dark side or anything else? What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: I think it's like I commend him for trying to do something different with Smashing Machine, which I really enjoyed, but it's almost like a slap in your in the face to your actual paying audience. Right You're like, oh, I don't want to do those movies anymore, you know, then you ask them to come back like six months later for this ohen Lileeerman is like the only critic who seems to like it.
Speaker 1: I mean, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no plans to see it. It's not for a forty two year old man without a niece to the movie. I'll tell you I almost ran it today, but probably week. Okay. I got a report about the Rocks movie. You know what movie I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Is it The Free Bird or something else he's got coming up?
Speaker 2: I got the scoop on Jumanji three.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Jumanji three. What are you hearing?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Not to spoil the test screening report, but it ain't good. Oh, shit, it ain't good really between Mawana and this Jumanji three report that I will be sharing. Yeah, I something's got to give because it sounds like this is a rough year for him.
Speaker 1: Wow wow Yeah, because right now, if I'm looking at the numbers correctly, uh, Mowana was? Yeah? What was? It's currently projected to have a lip forty million dollar opening weekend based on ticket sales. It was a two hundred and fifty million dollar budgeted movie. And now and the Rotten Tomatoes for the for the film is at thirty two percent. As you said, Owen Gleeberman being the only one of note who seems to like it forty four on Metacritic, and it's looking like it's gonna lose a lot of money like that, people are not gonna come see this movie. And I'm hearing I'm Owen is the only one who seems to be positive about the rocks performance. Just about every review I read is saying he's sleepwalking through the whole damn movie and that the girl is the reason to see the film, but and the grandma, but not much else. So how are you not standing out in a film like this? The role was written for you? This was an iconic role for you. Animation wise, it's it's mind blowing man. So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: He's pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he come talk to me.
Speaker 2: He watches the show live every week.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish you did. Come on the show. Rock, Come on the show. I've interviewed you twice. We have a rapport. Come on the show. Let's have a conversation. Talk to me, talk to us rather. But he is apparently what's duy Johnson is gonna go and now move and do. Johnson said to star in the drama Free, which is backed by Ben afflecka Matt Damon's artist equity. He will star as a Las Vegas motorcycle stuntman who conceals his dementia diagnosis from everyone, including his mechanic brother, as he risks everything on one last film. This is being directed by Greg Queidar, who did Sing Sing in Train Dreams.
Speaker 2: So okay, I think this is again the type of prestige acting vehicle that fits within his wheelhouse. I mean, you wish that the Aeronofski movie would get going soon. Oh yeah right, I'm excited about that. I think that is the roeducation prioritized. But this is a really good director. Okay, and yeah, I like I mean, especially with the Evil Canevel movie not going. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is kind of almost like fits that fills that point.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's we'll see what happens with the Rock. Of course, we'll keep tabs on that. And Moan is probably gonna shit the bed, so we'll talk about that next week for sure. Well, we did already hit on this, So do you want to say think anything more on this? That this is official? That Well, DiCaprio and Crista bil have signed on to Heat too. We didn't do a show last week, so we didn't talk about it, but it is still Stephen Graham and talks to play Robert de Niro's character there Neil McAuley. So does this make sense?
Speaker 2: Does it work? Are you on board with this? What are you feeling it makes sense? That's another question? Okay, do you like it? I sit here six inches from a Heat poster. I just have a bad feeling about this. Would I love a crime movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Christian Bale? Yes? Yes, Do I have a good feeling about this movie? Absolutely not, just because Michael Man's last few movies have been pretty disappointing. But just like I don't get messing with perfection, like you just you don't mess with perfection. Yeah, this doesn't need a sequel. The sequel that Michael Man came up with, which granted it doesn't have to be the exact same thing, is the book, right, sequel wasn't that great? It was okay, do the book not great? Yeah? I don't know. I don't know who.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is clamoring for this. This feels to me like a Blade Runner twenty forty nine situation, where like everyone loved a Blade Runner and they've discovered it on on on on home media, and we're like, well, we got to make a sequel. Eventually, we finally have a sequel. It comes out, no one goes to see it, even though it's one of the best films he's ever done, and I wonder if the same thing will happen here. It's he look, he did well, but it didn't blow off, blow the doors off the box office. So there's a possibility that this is fair that people don't necessarily want to see in a theater for the amount of money Michael Man is asking for. I don't know necessarily that it'll be a hit. You know, Crime one to one got great reviews. Nobody went to see that fucking movie.
Speaker 2: That's listen. I don't care if it's a hit, right, we give a shit. I don't want Heat three, So I don't care if women don't show up to this movie because they don't, you know, show up to crime movies or they have to get shocked. I care if it's good, and if it if it's even like half as good as Heat, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But.
Speaker 2: Does it is it worthy of the title? And these characters? Like the story that that I'm aware of is not right?
Speaker 1: But are you being like a Star Wars fan? Are you being one of those Star Wars fans like you can't recast Luke, you can't recast Lea? Are you being that way about de Niro, Paccino and Kilmer? Are you being like you can't recast these guys? Are you being that way a little bit like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, yes, just I'm just asking that and that and that is my Star Wars. I'm not afraid to be like defensive about it. This is my Star Wars. These character that's total So That's why I am.
Speaker 1: Nervous as well.
Speaker 2: You should be. I mean, you can't argue with Leo Bayle and Stephen Graham. I've heard is fantastic in the new Apple series Nocturn with Leeb Schreiver. Oh okay, where he's going to be playing a serial killer who's terrorizing him in Zass he beats It makes sense. So, like you know, he's he's always been a great actor. I just don't know if he's like the way I picture Neil McCauley.
Speaker 1: Well, he did play Capone and DeNiro played Capone, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you heard it was trending that way with Driver to play Wardell.
Speaker 1: Mmm, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Kind of a bummer, because I do think he would have been an interesting Neil McCauley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, because he's got that kind of like quiet menace to him when he needs it. Yeah. Yeah, it's a good point. All right. Uh, listen on some other films here, uh, Jeff Big Films, who just had the Dune three hial trailer dropped this week. I for some reason thought it was the third trailer. I think I'd read that somewhere, so I said, third trailer not my reaction. Uh, A few people have come after me for that. So I want to officially say it is the official trailer. There was a teaser trailer, but I did see the seven Minutes of clar CinemaCon, so maybe I got confused there, But Jeff, yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't want let me stop you right now. Didn't watch it? Why Why would I? Because I don't know you.
Speaker 1: This is as closely gonna get to the movie to the movie comes out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I saw the seven minutes at Cinema Con. I was sold. It's amazing. I don't need to see a trailer that ruins more of this movie. Like, yeah, well, I love trailers and I want to see what movies look like. But once I get that impression, like I don't need to see her see second, third, fourth trailers.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, okay, well this was the first official you know, so it wasn't Yeah okay, Well I thought it was epic as fuck. I think it immediately vaulted into the number one spot for Best Picture just off of this trailer. Yeah. I saw the seven Minutes of Cinema Call like you did, Jeff. We loved it, But like, I think this trailer even more so which has which has more footage and different footage? Uh. I immediately came away from this trailer going, this is the Best Picture winner right here.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: It's not even a question. And so we'll see if that's true. But it looks incredible and what they've done with the characters.
Speaker 2: I can't. I mean, did you see The Odyssey yet?
Speaker 1: No, I'm seeing it Monday night with everyone else. It's not an influencer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once I see The Odyssey, I'll be able to say whether dude is gonna win or not. Okay, right off, personal one in that movie.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's true. What about any other trailers you saw this week, Jeff, There was a lot of them. Uh. Yeah, we had the mob Land season two trailer drop. We had the Godzilla.
Speaker 2: Let's talk because I saw your tweet and you're like, these old people need to stand out of the way. They've had their time. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What's difficult to understand? I said it in English. I'm sure you understood what I said.
Speaker 2: What do you need to know? Yes, they're the leads of the show. It's they're not.
Speaker 1: The leads of the show. Tom Hardy is the lead of the show. They're not the lead of the show. Everything everything relies on Tom Hardy. Everything goes through Tom Hardy. Everything in that show.
Speaker 2: Tom Hardy is just fixing problems. Okay, the story, Like the story is them and the family and the decisions that they make. That's what's driving the action. Tom. He's mopping up behind him. That's nonsense.
Speaker 1: Tom Hardy is the reason all that shit happens on the show. He's the one that handles everything they're trying to do in order to short circuit that other crime family.
Speaker 2: It was Tom Hardy wife Bold on the show. I don't even like, did you not? Like the first season You're unhappy when their scenes were there and you're like, we need to get back to Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: They want do you want to tell you the honest truth? I was bored with Helen Aaron throughout the whole. I thought it was ridiculous, so seat it felt almost at times like a Taylor Shared in Tulsa King type of Storylinehere You're like, look, I'm gonna buy it because it's in the show, but like it really is see through, you know, And so I I never liked anything with it was so obvious, like The thing is, you can't make it so obvious in episode one that anybody with half a brain in that family would have realized what she was doing.
Speaker 2: And so to me, that was the issue with her storyline.
Speaker 1: Pierce. They wisely kept him kind of like all the periphery doing certain things and whatever. But like it was mostly about Patty Considine and Tom Hardy. It was their relationship and connection and all this that was powering everything's going on.
Speaker 2: You know, show about basically Tom Hagen. And you're saying that Tom Hagan should have a show about him without the Godfather around, But it's what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Are you wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that you think Tom Hardy in the movie is fucking Tom Hagen, the lawyer who was preaching peace and.
Speaker 2: Calm Ary two is the right hand trusted guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, he is the he is he is the what do you call it? He is the he is the hammer. He's the hammer of the whole situation. And no, I know he's not going to take over the family. I know that. I'm not saying they can't be in the show. I just said to I mean seeing Pierre's Braso with double machine gun. That was ridiculous, Jeff, Okay, it was ridiculous. It's just it's just too much.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 1: It's just too much because I think this could be a fucking badass, gritty show. But seeing him going yeah, double fifty, by the fuck, I just get.
Speaker 2: The fuck out of here, you know, it just it's too ridiculous, shows a blast. What are the other trailers?
Speaker 1: You stop me from looking them up because you asked the questions. Uh, hold on, let's see here we had. Did you see the Bad Apples trailer? Did you see the Bad Apples trailer? The siouly Ronan one? No, okay, idiots? Did you see the idiots? The Dave franko Oshi.
Speaker 2: Jackson won great, great energy. I'm excited for that movie. Yes, me too.
Speaker 1: Essentially, Seth and James right, they just replaced it with Osha and his brother Dave. It is legitimately the same thing. You could see Godzilla MINEA zero. Do you see that.
Speaker 2: James Mason Thames? Who's in that Who's in that movie? That kid?
Speaker 1: That kid is great. That kid is going to win an oscar before it's all over, trust me on that.
Speaker 2: He's being rumined for X men apparently.
Speaker 1: Oh, I could see that he'd be a great Cyclops or maybe even Wolverine if they want to fuck around.
Speaker 2: But he's into it a little bit. But yeah, I mean maybe.
Speaker 1: Godzilla Mine of zero Wolverine. I'm just throwing things out there. Did you see the Godzilla Mine zero? Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no? Yeah? That was the same footage we saw CinemaCon. I think it was. It looked fine.
Speaker 1: What about Buddy the thirty second horror?
Speaker 2: Right? And I'm looking forward to that. I like the Full for Hope.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was good.
Speaker 2: Yes, what did you think about that story today? That? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, the wrong Girls?
Speaker 2: Did you see the girls horrific trailer? Yeah, dude, this is why you don't make a movie with your spouse. Oh wait, who's who is married on this?
Speaker 1: On this film?
Speaker 2: Christian's wife? Oh, Dylan directed this? But this movie looks like ass first, Well, she's you're way too old for this, way too old to be doing this movie. Christ agree, that's number one? Number two Ali sharkat Lover Not I agree? Not somebody I'm paying to go see at the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: There completely miscast, and that's because you know, I have to cast Kristen because she gets me to my fam financing And yeah, movies about where like people are on drugs the whole time. Ye, who does a lot of drugs is not very They're not very fun. Okay, you're kind of just there wishing, like I wish I was on these drugs having as much fun as these people are. Right, it's never a good time. I mean talking cats with like Seth and Kumil. Yeah, what are we doing? Like this is like these guys should have been voicing cats like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Is Seth required to voice every character in a movie? Like I just am fascinated by it? He was in Animal Farm, he's in Supergirl, and now he's in this you know?
Speaker 2: Is it like insufferable version of Island Boosters, just like Neon comedy garbage?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right now? What about is I think there? I don't think there's any more trailers that came through. Oh, what we're gonna ask about? We're gonna ask about Are you gonna askbout something? Before I interrupt to do with wrong girl? What we're we gonna ask about? Do you remember so?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, yes, yes, it was about Oh how how you felt about Okay, Julianne Nicholson's character. Yeah, East Town is going to be in season two of Tasks, making that a joint universe sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of it. I'm a big fan of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting. I mean, Mary V's Down to Me is like one of the great TV shows in the last ten years, so I'm all for Brad englesby returning to that character.
Speaker 1: And I love Task, so I'm I'm due for a rewatch of Mary Vastown for sure. So I love that they're comedy. And Julia Nicholson is such a great actress. It's so amazing to see her getting her flowers this later in her career. Bro, It's just amazing because I think she got nominated for uh in the Emmy. So yeah, Oh she's so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait a trailers Okay, go ahead, the trailer for the Netflix documentary A Toxic Love Story. Have you seen this yet? No? I saw.
Speaker 1: I put it as a remind me on my Netflix, but I haven't seen the trailer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't say anything yet. I'm under embargo.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: You know where they find these stories? What else did I watch this week? Oh? I saw the invite? Do you see the invite yet? No?
Speaker 1: I'm seeing it this weekend. I almost see this because it wasn't It wasn't here in San Diego.
Speaker 2: This wasn't in Boston. That's why I just I literally I got off the plane. I got home at three in the morning on Sunday. What what is Tuesday? Wednesday? And I forget Thursday morning. Within eight hours I was in the movie theater seeing the invite and it was great. Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: What about Evil dead Burn?
Speaker 2: I would watch it, by the way, Broke, I would watch it. I would not take the missage.
Speaker 1: I don't think should go see that.
Speaker 2: It's not her old uncomfortable movie to watch with a buttner? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh did Evil dead Burn? April dead Burn?
Speaker 2: Did you see that Saturday night? Okay, okay, ready for my torture porn?
Speaker 1: That's what I hear. The critics have it an eighty eighty two percent. Every I've spoken to is who has seen it in the critics sphere hated it.
Speaker 2: So it's weird, yes, because there's no story.
Speaker 1: Four people texting me and were like, I didn't like it, so all right, so we'll see. I don't like torture porn. Man, I'm not not for you unless it's crucifixion like Jesus Christ. I'm not a fan of a torture person.
Speaker 2: Jesus is being nailed to a fucking cross. I don't want to anybody.
Speaker 1: Dying for our sins. He's dying for our sins.
Speaker 2: H Wait, we can't, we can't leave.
Speaker 1: I know we're an hour in, but we haven't even gotten to the fucking Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: The Odyssey, Bro. The first reactions are out.
Speaker 2: So's to get into the greatest movie ever next?
Speaker 1: No, I mean the fact that they did not bar influencers. It was a whole bunch of bullshit. And their reactions still came out, including friend of the show. Apparently Straw had goofy who we're gonna have to get on the show at some point soon.
Speaker 2: Juju was on and to see it last week, so had his reaction.
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts on this? Man?
Speaker 2: Listen, here's my thoughts. If you did an interview for The Odyssey, nothing that you say matters, all right, that's the way it goes. If you did an interview with someone for the Odyssey, and you said you love the Odyssey. That's great. I just don't care that you love the Odyssey. It means nothing, It doesn't It doesn't mean that you're not It doesn't mean that you're not telling the truth.
Speaker 1: It just means that we don't necessarily have to believe you and your assessment because it doesn't carry wait for us, because because there's a connection to a perk that you got.
Speaker 2: So to say, what was the word Strawhak Goofy used that I that was in the video. It was like the whole basis for his videos. Am I something? Am I? Uh, compromise, compromise.
Speaker 1: In my compromise.
Speaker 2: And yes, if you have done an interview for the Odyssey, yeah, you offer a reaction that's glowing a boy the Odyssey. Yes, your reaction is compromised. It's inherent. It's just part of the deal. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think you're right, and I think there's nothing wrong with saying that. Again, we're not saying you're lying, but we are saying that, like most people feel, you are compromised if you get access to all this stuff, if you're you know, make money off this stuff.
Speaker 2: The appearance of a conflict of interest yes, of course. The only way to avoid it is to you know, not participate, which is why I'm not in critics groups and I you know, I'm not in X, Y and Z and all this stuff because technically the conflicts of interests. Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, that's fair, that's fair. All right.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, Uh, all right? Is this dead? Is this dead? Once and for all?
Speaker 2: The Hannibal Show, Great Racers, Netflix? There's no audience for this. Why are we spending twhundred million dollars on this? Why because Nzel wanted to play Hannibal once upon a time. There's no, you don't do this?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, one last thing, Uh, The question.
Speaker 2: Is does it free him up to go back to crawl back to Lionsgate and make Michael two. Antoine, we talked about this a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks ago when it was put on delay. I think this absolutely does now that it's dead.
Speaker 2: And I think you do it too. I mean, yeah, it's not like anybody ever came in to replace you on Michael two. It's yeah, you made that movie. You hit a billion, whether you were directing from a van or not. You know, whether you handed the reins to Graham or not if they want you back, you know, unless Graham takes the himself. If I was antline, I would come back.
Speaker 1: It's the sweet, it's the secret sauce. The movie made enough for me to swallow my pride, go back onto that set, do a sequel, work with Graham, and maybe I get to do the movie I wanted to do, which was in essence criticizing people for criticizing Michael with the original story, And now you're gonna get a chance to really dive into that with the sequel. So I would do it a hundred percent, you know. And fuck, it's not like people are paying black filmmakers, you know, fifteen million dollars all the time. Like take that money, go and do your thing. You know, there's nothing wrong with that. I thought, you know, take advantage of the situation. Jeff, What do you want to talk about the Neon artificial thing? Is there anything to say about that that Neon finally bought it, bought it for zero dollars? Anything to say about that?
Speaker 2: No, it's a it's a favorable deal for the filmmakers. Right. Amazon can basically write off the production costs. True, because obviously marketing and distribution is kind of like a different thing. So Neo is going to pay for that. It allows the creatives and all the actors to save face. Right, this isn't going to get thrown away. It's getting distribution from a you know, pretty solid company. Yeah, you know the full fest. I didn't understand that article today from Deadline where it's like, it's not going to go to the festival route, but it'll probably be at a festival. Like what you mean, Like, so it's not going to have a red carpet and a press conference, Like who cares? Like if it's at a festal is at a fucking festival exactly. I think that this will be at a festival.
Speaker 1: So okay, that article. There's one thing I want to talk about, but let's get to the questions and if we have time at the end, we'll talk about it. So let's get to the questions. An over an hour into the show. Six wait, by the way, six hundred and seventy five, you're joining us right now. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. Please remember hit lik on this video. Subscribe to my channel trying to get to fifty thousand subscribers. Please subscribe to the channel thousands of you watch every week. Do so, Jeff, thousands of the people watch us. They need to go over to your website where is it at.
Speaker 2: Eder dot com, guys, and buy some merch you can fall out the inside look like a hot mic patch on that one. Look at that. That's right real quick. Did you see before you get into your tib did you see what I wrote about the Spiderman box office tracking? Yes?
Speaker 1: I saw you say that the ridiculous, that the deadline article is ridiculous, and that it's probably going to come closer to to sixty you think possible?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think you're right, by the way, Yeah, one eighty is just such like a ridiculous low ball which is probably being fed to them from Sony and they can argue, yeah, it's three weeks out, like this number is gonna rise. Right, I'm gonna do way more than one eighty one ninety Come on.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are interesting factors. It's tough to compare it to the two sixty and twenty twenty one because everyone was so pent up in their homes. I can't sit like that. That's such a big factor, and everyone was just like rare in to get out and go see that movie. Yeah, I do like there's a lot of curiosity about the story. I still don't have any fucking idea what this movie's about. And I'm yeahider a lot of around Sadie Sink And I know the people who watch our show probably know who she's playing, but I think that the general public there's still a lot of mystery that Sony and I give Sony and Marvel credit for keeping. So there are elements as to why I could see this movie really working. But also, you know, there does seem to be a little bit of fatigue. The Odyssey is still, you know, gonna be in theaters this its third weekend. And again, sometimes when a movie is a huge hit, like The Odyssey's going to be, it gets people excited to go back to the movies, right, you know, like the way that Barbenheimer fed you know, those two movies fed each other. But right, I don't I don't know if it'll hit the same as No Way Home. Do you think it'll go higher than No Way Home? Uh?
Speaker 1: Two sixty? I here's what I think. I think it's very possible. And you know why, because so many of these big tent pole pictures have underperformed, and we can throw in Mawana now it seems like and so people have money, they didn't go and spend their money over and over again to go see these movies, Rightmando Grogu, Master's Universe, A Supergirl. A lot of these films have fallen flat on their face. Yeah, Obsessions did well, back Rooms did well. Maybe some of the money, maybe some of the money went there. But yeah, but I think I think it has a real chance of hitting the two sixty because people are starved for a movie like this and it's a four quadrant film and you've got Punisher and you've got Hulk, and you've got the Hand and you've got X Men. Stuff like that just screams you've got to see it opening weekend to talk about it. So yeah, I think one hundred and especially if the reviews or the first reactions are through the roof.
Speaker 2: I just do think those could make a difference here, at least to the casual Spider Man fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Possilation right, like that's gonna help give this movie boost, even if it's ten or twenty million dollars. That if the admissions were the exact same, maybe the numbers ten or twenty higher. I think it'll be interesting. Uh, I'm not prepared to say it's definitely in the top two sixty, but I think it'll come very close.
Speaker 1: And ninety as a joke, Oh yeah, oh yeah, I agree to seventy. I'll say two seventy five. Just to be crazy, I'll say that. Oh, let's get to the questions here, colts, it says love Jeff news letter on Ben and Matt's eighty four Olympics series. Any chance you could share the show's angle or is it still too early? What is this job? I didn't read this one.
Speaker 2: I don't have any angle, literally, you know. So I concluded this week the nineteen I got a nineteen page document, you know. A couple of weeks ago, I've been sharing the studio mandates. So I did share this one Artist Equities that was in the indie studio mandates one, which was also really interesting because it's like people generally know like what Universal or Disneys are looking for, right, has not any idea like what Artist Equity is looking for or some of these other smaller indie companies. So that was actually one of the more successful installments in that series. You know, it was all right there cults, so like, I didn't mess with the document All that was in there was that they're developing a show about the eighty four Olympics. There were no other details obviously, they weren't volunteering any additional details right out. So you know, it's good to know that you're interested in it. And I'll keep you posting if I hear anything but got nothing else.
Speaker 1: As someone who lived through the eighty four Olympics, I think it'd be There's so many great stories and the Bud green Span documentary on the eighty.
Speaker 2: Four Olympics is a must watch.
Speaker 1: So and it makes sense with Olympics coming to us in two years in La or in southern California, it makes all the sense of the world to do a series that kind of coincides with that.
Speaker 2: Smart How old were you at the eighty four Olympics? Thirty forty?
Speaker 1: I still look younger than you, bitch Anyway, Sam says, is it me or does the social reckoning look look blend? Why blab?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Why are these three successful actors coming off big roles doing this January concerned about it? Well, because it's fucking Aaron Sorkin, and it's a drama piece that could get you Oscar's love. That's really the only reason that's there.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, why are they doing this money? And yeah, I think the chance to recite some Aaron Sorkin dialogue and maybe, you know, play a part in a movie that could open a lot of eyeballs to what I'm doing in this world. But I too, am nervous. Again. You just can't help but compare it to the Social Network, and it doesn't look nearly as good. I just think that the story, like the story itself, doesn't seem all inter interesting. It would have been interesting if it hit five years ago. Right, They're like weed it. Yeah, Mikey, Madison, Jeremie and White. I'm pretty nervous. I have to say that's fair.
Speaker 1: I agree us send in your streamline to super that's as we go along. We will answer them as they come in here only twenty eight twenty nine of them. Come on, everybody sending your love. We're back after two weeks. You've been hold on to your money, so send us some love here on the show.
Speaker 2: Like when when you're watching a trailer for a drama like that, a prestige drama, and Bill Burr is the best one in the trailer. It's okay to be nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, that's fair. Sam says is a big football fan. I'm super happy we're getting Mister Irrelevant and Madden soon. Do you guys see these movies going to the Oscars?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I think, Jeff, you can answer this a little bit better than I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Mister Irrelevant probably has a better chance than Madden. I don't even know if Madden's getting a theatrical release, right, it could be prime Yeah, that might just be a prime video release, which is wild to think about. Niacasun Christian Bale and David A. Russell. But yeah, I think Mister Irrelevant. I've heard it's been testing through the roof. It looked great. The trailer that we saw a cinemat CinemaCon was fantastic. With a little bit of luck, Yeah, I think it could be a contender. There you go. That's the thing. We give all these movies the benefit of the doubt every year, Oh, this is com this will be great, this would be great, and then like six out of ten of those movies are not very good.
Speaker 1: True, very true. Look, what's happened in the summer? We god six, Joseph claps says, with a lot of movies are performing so far in this summer. How do you both think the rest of the summer and the year will play out? Also, what do you think the future of James Cameron's Avatar is after Avatar five?
Speaker 2: You guys are great. I hope he's done with it after Avatar five. I can't. I mean, maybe someone else takes it over after James Cameron's death. Like, I don't know, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think we're wishing that.
Speaker 2: I don't think anything will happen after Avatar five for a while, and.
Speaker 1: We might not even get to Avatar five if Avatar four crashes at burn.
Speaker 2: So do I think will play out like box Office wise? Sure? I think Resident Evil and clay Face will be hit. I think Spider Man are gonna really work. You know, I don't have the best feeling about that. You and McGregor movie, hmm, okay, we'll see you know. Maybe that could surprise, but that's you know, I think maybe too expensive? Uh what else? When what else is.
Speaker 1: Coming out at the end of Oak Street? Do you think that's gonna do an anything.
Speaker 2: That's the movie I was just talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, sorry, sorry, just showed up.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Very well, Dog Stars. Is that gonna do any well?
Speaker 2: All these I think all these August movies are fucked. Yeah, I'll be curious how actually Eli Roth's Ice Cream Man movie. Does you know? I wonder if that could put up some numbers given how hot horror is and just how hot like terrifier is because movie and he could use.
Speaker 1: A w Yeah, how do well? Was it how to Rob a Bank? Could that be a surprise hit or do you think that good?
Speaker 2: I've heard like good things about that movie. But I think that's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 1: I mean, Digger and social reckoning back to back.
Speaker 2: That you're is going to be very interesting. I think they're really trying to like appeal to to like the Red States with that movie. Oddly, now, oh okay, I just don't think that that's how you get that message home. Even it's like, yeah, I'm nervous about that one. They can't all these big swings, you know from Warner Brothers grant that they've had their their misses like The Bride and making them. But I think this is the one that's gonna bite them. We'll see, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think August and September we're gonna hit some some rough days, and then October I think it'll start to pick up a little bit, and then November. But I think I don't think. I don't know if this is gonna be a good year for movies, Jeff, That's what I feel like. I don't know if the prestige films coming out in the fall necessarily have my attention the way that like Odyssey does or Dune does has really kind of banging out awards with the big boys.
Speaker 2: I don't know, sneak up on us. I think I think it's gonna be the movies like Being Human, which was announced as the opening if right, that's supposed to be a really good, like disability drama from from you know what's like the Pattinson movie actually prime time like h oh yeah, really fucking good like right.
Speaker 1: Well, Fjord. A lot of people think Fjord is going to do something because that Sebastian stand performance and the one I'm looking at elson Or, which finally I think got a distributor this week, and people are already talking about how it could be Andrew Scotpion nominated for Best Actors, so I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: That one too good. You know, that could be the The Ethan Hawk Blue Moon. But again, how many people are gonna go see that elsin or like with Andrew Scott Like just me? I guess?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like him.
Speaker 2: I like him to Yeah, I listen, he's an I respect. But is he somebody who's gonna get me into the theater for two hours for yeah? Or period movie? Probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's playing an actor from Charts of Fire and I love that movie, so that's why I want to see this. Well, samsus last one for me, but American Vanda was really great in my opinion. I know a lot of fans are confused about a Jimmy Olson and Gorilla Grod show coming before Batman and Wonder Woman, but this could really be awesome and original. Thanks as always for the awesome show guys. Thank you Sam for the kind of contributions. Uh yeah, Like I said, there's not a lot of stakes in this one. No one is putting any stakes into the show. They just want to have a good show, so there's more freedom. Plus, the American Vandal guys have a good track record, so and they fit James guns as humor of the universe that he wants to have. So it makes sense, you know.
Speaker 2: I like this yeah, because it's it's adjacent to this stuff. It's not like it has to fit into it, right, it can operate under its own rules, and I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Well, Sam live, because he's got one more is Robert Eggers getting into Wes Anderson territory. Pretty much makes the same movies with the same style and the same actors, only just in a different setting. Yes, yeah, but I like his track record right now a little bit more than Wes's.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: We'll see, though, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Aggers guy. Actually, okay, I'll see where Wolf, But it's not at the top of the list or anywhere close. You know. He makes beautiful looking films. I just yeah, the old English kills me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, it's my it's my jam. I love that shit.
Speaker 2: So I like stuff that's sadly used to talk back in nineteen eighty four, right exactly. Oh man, Josephine is still coming out. I saw Josephine I'm good on Josephine Kenniculton.
Speaker 1: I was at the store and found a one Wish Willow. I got more hot Mike merchandise that I know what to do with. I'm rich. Oh, there you go, nice nice.
Speaker 2: I would love to get my hands on one Wish Willow. I know a lot of people got that obsession mailer, So if you are willing to sell me your I will buy it for There you.
Speaker 1: Go, Wiley says, sad and support thank you. Why not watch a lot because of the premiere of Big Brother. Oh, I'll enjoy that. I've never seen one episode of that show in my life.
Speaker 2: I am Big Brother. That's how I think.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm old brother, w W. Grat said fifty five years ago. Last week, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was released. Ranked these movies with candy Et, Caddyshack, Goonies, Wonka, Recket, Ralph. Fuck you threw Wonka in there? Lah, Well, everyone knows I don't like goonies, so I'll tell you for me. Caddy Shack, Recket, Ralph, Wonka Et, Goonies. That's my rank. I'm not the biggest et.
Speaker 2: Almost go the exact reverse. I think I goes Wonka, Caddy, Shack, E t Wreck, Itt Ralph.
Speaker 1: There you go, Kames say Jeffer, John Jeffany updates on Coogler's X Files. I thought there was a piece on that this week.
Speaker 2: The only pieces that they have done the pilot and they're waiting for a series pickup. I think, Okay, I think that they'll get it here. Because it's Coogler. You don't tell him no, right, you can tell Chloe Joao and Sarah Michelle Gailler.
Speaker 1: Now okay, Yeah, it was Himmi Spatel. He was on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast because he was promoting an Nola Holmes three. We shot the pilot. It was very special, That's all I'll say. It was a very very special and we awaited decision, of course, but all I can tell you is that I add an incredible time.
Speaker 2: So that's that's basically all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you just said for sure.
Speaker 2: Also, like Daniel Deadweiler, we're not talking about like I'll due respects to the lovely twelve year old girl who played Buffy, but it's a real show.
Speaker 1: I will say this. What's your thoughts? I mean, can ask you about the Millie Bobby Brown I mean her saying anything you want, Okay, I'm frustrated. Listen, I have been one of those guys that definitely championed women taking you know, being a lead in films, getting more opportunities. I've I've been on the record for that for years in this business and taking the ship for it out of fucking mind years years. But from freelancer to full time back to run my own shit, I've done it. But merely Bobby Brown saying we don't need a male Sherlock Holmes movie with Henry Cavill and Watson. I think Camas plays Watson.
Speaker 2: We don't need that.
Speaker 1: Men have had their time. I think this is phenomenally ignorant in a lot of ways. Look, I know Millie's opinionated whatever acting talent be damned, but like, there's nothing wrong with having both. And I don't understand the need to shit on men who want to lead projects when you're not taking away the possibility of women leading project. And this is I think it's an irresponsible thing for her to say. In my opinion, I thought it was stupid and now because of a man. It's because you got totisfy all audiences and if the if the women leading stuff has right too's just so does a man, Like, what's the issue? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's playing to her base, you know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like it's a shrinking bass.
Speaker 2: I have to play to my base online and be like, oh, the trades are suck, the trades don't know what they're doing, blah blah. You know, if you hang you see me hanging out with like people of the trades and not like shitting on them, like in front of them. It's just it's like the role that I kind of have to play online. I think that everybody's playing role in the press. Yeah, and she's playing the grill power role that we don't need men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I'm not you know, I'm not someone just said anti woke up. I'm not trying to be. I'm just saying, like, can't we all just find a happy medium and all get to do our projects and not because of our gender do we get stopped from being in a project. It's nonsense. But I also tell you all these people go nuts about the low Pizza Nago comments are morons because lu Pzza was just answered a question off the cuff and having fun with it anyway. Elliott Morris's how, John and Jeff What makes a great producer and how important is their role in the success of a film? Also, is moving to La or London, et cetera a must, bitch? If you could move to London, move to fucking London, absolutely, uh la and got shipped for you that London doesn't already have in spades?
Speaker 2: Is moving to I mean La? Yes? Moving? I think I think that you have to be here if you want to establish yourself, Like, yeah, probably I knew what I do from Boston, Yeah I can, But could I have done it the whole time from Boston. No. I needed to be here, make relationships, meet people like, established myself and now I can do it from wherever, right right?
Speaker 1: But a great produce What makes a great producer and important is their role in the film.
Speaker 2: I think it's being able to deliver bad news well like in a way that makes people come away feeling good about it. That's I.
Speaker 1: Would say decisiveness. And that is when shit's falling apart, can you jump in and troubleshoot it, make strong decisions and get it back on track. That's a really important job of a producer and part of that, as Jeff said, is also delivering bad news in not dragging it out, which causes more problems. You you make it clear that you're the authority, you know what's going on, and you get the job done and help the filmmaker get their vision realized. So yeah, Stephen Photo says, you think Reeves will make Ivy have powers?
Speaker 2: I hope? Well sure, right? Mmmmm No, I don't know what kind of powers would she have?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean she can, you know, manipulate plants?
Speaker 2: No, right, all right, manipulate plants like that?
Speaker 1: I mean because Pengwin doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have powers, you see that in the Reeves universe.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna have to expand You, dude, you can only go so far with Batman before you have to do the powers.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't go much farther. What am I going to believe that a maniacally insane person can't die like the Joker over and over again, even though the Batman kicks the shit out of him all the time. It doesn't make sense. Eventually, the fantastical has to bleed into the Batman universe.
Speaker 2: Why can't she I don't know, like have access to all like these poisonous plants, treat whatever the fuck it is. Right, she has this arsenal and she kills like I don't need to like when you say controls plants like she can make like the plants move like yes, yes, that's the pal I don't see that happening.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see a show about a horticulturist. No offense, I'm really good. I'm not really good with that. Give me something else, Petro says, can when can we expect the trailer for Behemoth? Have you heard anything about it?
Speaker 2: No, Jeff, Uh, I don't know when we can expect a trailer. Okay, you know, let me think, what are the big Searchlight movies coming out?
Speaker 1: What can you say, Tony Gilroy film?
Speaker 2: I think you'll probably see you one around September, I would imagine. Okay, it's if this is gonna come out in December. I think it's gonna be an Awards contender.
Speaker 1: Paymoth. Okay, I'm looking on Wikipedia. I don't even see a release date on here.
Speaker 2: I've heard Ava Victor could be up for supporting actress.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see okay, all right, all right, we'll see uh all right, Fred what's up friend to say hot Mike, has either of you had a quote source ask you.
Speaker 1: To hold the scoop but spill it elsewhere? Sounds dirty, but people can be crooked, Jeff, I mean.
Speaker 2: Had a source as I mean, if they're the source, why would they.
Speaker 1: Maybe they've told maybe they've told more than one person.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really find that sources do that. Okay, Like I don't like, why would they like? You would do that? If you? If like sometimes they'll give a trade reporter a tip and the reporter lasts the studio, the stuio, I'll be like, you know that deals not closed? Can you hold right? And for their relationship hold But meanwhile the agent is calling the trade reporter being like, YO really need this out there. It's gonna like I need it for the negotiation and everything, And the trade reporter doesn't want to ruffle the feathers of the studio. In that case, maybe the trade reporter who needs to get this story out to make his source tappy, can't get it out because you don't want to piss off the studio. Maybe they'll call the in snyder do there either do their dirty work by putting this story out there or have me call because when I call right that triggers right fucking domino effect. And then this sud is like, all right, trade reporter who's been holding it? You can go with it now because Jeff Snyder is calling about it, and we know if he calls, he's gonna post him right sort of how that works. And then I just guilt trip them into giving me something else because I got like, good point, I surprised the story hastil. Let me check the email just to make sure there's a I got a big tip yesterday about the peek story, and I called the studio and they're like, trades are on it. Do you want to do an even break in like an hour? And I'm like no, Like an even break does nothing for me, right, Like why would I go at the same time as two trades that have like millions of followers right right get overshadowed? So I could either in that moment, I'd neither be an asshole and say Nope, doesn't work for me tweeting it right now because I don't have it. I didn't have a story ready either, which is going to take me. I can't just get a story out in three in ninety seconds like I used to be able to on like the Variety scene master, the rap cms. It takes me a half hour to do the photos and all the sen now essentially for the newsletter. So either tweet it out right now, or I can say, all right, studio, let the trades have that story. You owe me something else for not being an asshole and tweeting it right now. ELI made yesterday, but it's like now it's twenty four, thirty six hours have gone by. I thought that the other trades were gonna do that story. I told them this morning. You the story, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna call that studio back and be like, hey, I know I said i'd stand down, but this is not an indefinite offer, Like, yeah, yeah, this is news. And when I the more I think about it, I think it's gonna be really tough for you to come up with a piece of news to appease me. That's as big as the piece of news that I'm sitting on. So like, the more I think about it, the more I'm regretting it. But yeah, deals your word. If I get my word in this down, I gave it.
Speaker 1: You take it to the Bank hashtag biz is getting it now out now, Jeff and John. If in Dan Naborett does end up joining the MCU, I could see her as Polaris Rogue, even Kitty Prime, I'd be shocked.
Speaker 2: It's like, I can't be I know who Batman is. It's one of these three people, answer.
Speaker 1: I'd be shocked if anyone out of these three were who Indie plays.
Speaker 2: She can play.
Speaker 1: It occurred to me that she could play the Rose Burn character, the Moira McTaggart character, and they might make her a bigger part if they were do that with that Moira mctagger I'm just saying they could make her a bit of an interesting antagonist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Golden Donuts says. Recently, I spoke to a friend whose uncle was a Disney exec. She told me the really Scott Alien feud started pre robulous and that barely got made. Okay, I wouldn't be surprised by that by I heard Alien has a director.
Speaker 2: I heard it. I don't know who, okay, unless Duffield is doing himself, but I don't know whether that's Uh, it could be Ridley.
Speaker 1: As I said, it does it rhyme with Schmidley. Smott is that who could be?
Speaker 2: It might be I don't know, but I do think that there's something weird going on with Ridley in that franchise. He's very protective of it. He's so protective baby you should be, but I could.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could believe that if you put out five really great films, but you didn't. So I don't know understand being so possessive about it. It's weird. Uh. Steven t Photo says, do you think that now the narrative about gun DC in Trouble is also further by peace making creature commandos and not I having great viewership with Nielsen? Yes, I do think that's a piece of it. I don't think that's the old because like most casuals don't know these shows and watch these shows.
Speaker 2: Certainly, I think that's completely false, and frankly, I don't think anybody gives a shit about the viewership for those numbers.
Speaker 1: Within the fandom.
Speaker 2: Within the fandom, Okay, within the fandom like the DC fandom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it does matter within the DC fanom I do, But.
Speaker 2: Like, does the DC fandom think that like regular people are watching these shows?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, But I'm saying, I think it hurts him with the DC fandom because they do watch these shows, and so I think it does hurt him there, not with the casuals, but certainly with the hardcore fans.
Speaker 2: Yere fans are sitting there thinking why isn't everybody like me and watching this show? This reflects poorly on James gun No.
Speaker 1: I think what they're saying is I didn't the fact that the viewership is down on both of these shows. It shows that even the hardcore fandom did not come back for second season.
Speaker 2: I think, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that says something that.
Speaker 2: That is a poor reflection I would say when viewership's going down between one and two. But it's also indicative of the larger TV trend which we saw from Bloomberg right with the Netflix number. Yes, yes, and again like how many if I went down my TV list right now of the shows that I tried to watch this year and watched one or two or three or four episodes and then that was like something else came up. You know, the show I wanted to watch more gone away and now I haven't gone back to finish. Like there's so many of those shows and that's the way television is these days here.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right. I mean the Agency came out with season two. We blazed through it in three days. No one's talking about it. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard it's amazing. I so I was pumped to get that those screeners, all right, it was like, holy shait near my schedule I started. I haven't made it my well way through one episode. What I've watched half of the first episode because it is so dense and I need to pay attention, right right. I don't just want to like half ass and do it while I'm doing the newsletter. So, yeah, you tell me, what is it like? Great? Is it better than season one?
Speaker 1: It's better than season one?
Speaker 2: I'm Miles's gross.
Speaker 1: Sorry. I would say this because season one had to lay the groundwork for everything, and season two now takes off and there's a lot of like double agent intrigue shit in this one. And John mcgaro gets a really good spotlight throughout the second season, and I like John mcgaro. But there's new characters coming in that's really interesting, including the guy who is the lethal weapon TV series guy who got fired off the show.
Speaker 2: Oh he's great clean Crawford.
Speaker 1: He's the villain in this series in the season. I didn't I did not know that that guy's yeah. Yeah. And his sister in the film is an actress who is Jose Ferrera's grand niece so to speak. So she's in this playing his sister. And I think she's great in the show. So it's awesome. And Jeffrey Wright, oh my god, they give him so much.
Speaker 2: To do this season.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, get through it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch that show. Well.
Speaker 1: It also helps to have a partner because she loves the show. After every episode, we're like, Okay, who's where, Who's where? So we know where we're at. Yeah. Lyncha Drives says, anything about script of Batman two, is it good or bad? Jeff you heard anything about the script of Batman two.
Speaker 2: I've heard it's good. I don't think if they took five years to write a bad script and then attract.
Speaker 1: Fan says is if clay Face is a hit? Wait? Is clay Face a hit? If it makes two hundred million dollars like other horror films, I know it will be in profit, but does DC needed to be higher, not for a forty million. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Jack the Break even, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, two hundred. I think you're gold at two hundred. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Saffron and James are poorn want champagne on each other. But it's two hundred for sure.
Speaker 2: I think it'll I think it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: La Steeler says, if India is gonna do superhero stuff, I would hope it's with directors like Reeves Coogler. Maybe she can play Ivy for Reeves and run for an Awards Emmy. But there's no guarantee Reeves is going to direct that series, right, Like it was Laura le Front who did Penguin, so it could be someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I I don't know. I mean, if she was doing a DC show, I'd like to see her play Zatana. Oh yeah, I do think that would be actually kind of cool, like her as a magician.
Speaker 1: I agree that would work. I like that idea. I know where your head's going though, really, which we can't say out loud. Edgar Mangana says, any Terminator News T two is the best action movie ever. Well, it's coming out, isn't it?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: Uh in theaters.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Yeah, re release agreed, ta too is amazing, just amazing.
Speaker 1: I did the nineties movie draft with the extra movie butter podcast invited. I can't believe that that's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jto what's going on? Nineties movie podcast? You didn't think to have me and Rocca. Who was the other guy on the podcast?
Speaker 1: It was the guy who runs Cinemojis dj uh and ty Ty was on from the group. By the way, Cinamojis wants us on to battle each other, me and you for his show.
Speaker 2: I told him I talked to you about it, so then we'll do you anywhere? You know?
Speaker 1: Stephen Photos is Tiana Taylor my fan cast for a Bond Girl?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think Yeah, goe Kinsman, thank you for noticing.
Speaker 1: There you go. Edgar macganda says, what horror slasher franchise do we need a modern remake for? I'd love to see a reimagining a Pumpkin It or Cheaper Creeper, Cheaper Screepers done properly.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what.
Speaker 1: The fuck is modern remake? Those films were in the nineties two tho. It's not not modern. Are we not saying it's not modern anymore.
Speaker 2: In the nineties, heads old what what I grew up on? Honestly, I grew up on the movies and the goolies movies. Oh shit, I would like to see Google's crawling up people's asses again. Critters was badass, Yeah, man, it sells some plushells. Critics could be the new Laboo boos what they were? They're rebooting howling poisonous plants. I'll just announced that they're doing. What the fuck is the other one? I was just gonna say, Ship the Birds? They're redoing the birds. I know that that's not okay. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Exorcist certainly is happening again.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Blade, Discuss Phantasm show right right?
Speaker 1: Fuck Punking Ahead is eighty eight? Damn I thought that was in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Ship Why did I bet Trey sour cream and Cheddar chips? Let me tell you I'm all inclusive. I don't. There's not a chip I discriminate against. What is What is pan sexual? Is that when you're attracted to everybody?
Speaker 1: I think so, I don't. I don't really, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Know I'm a pan sexual.
Speaker 1: If Steven tfone Crime one to one did not do well in terms of heat and two interest. Yeah, of course that's what I said, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if Crime one to one had Leonardo DiCaprio in it instead of Chris Hemsworth, would couldn't have done as well as it did.
Speaker 1: Probably Christian Bale. Yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plus heat has built in you know.
Speaker 1: Fan base.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Reggie Brown says guy shouldn't check out Netflix show Nemesis, a heat ish type show. I was waiting to see if I got renewed for a season two and it did. Have you heard of the show?
Speaker 2: Uh? That looks actually cool. I gave a moments, I gave it a moment to think about watching it. I ultimately did not, But oh, I think I think that that's the kind of show that performs very well with black audiences.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I watched the trailer and I was like, yeah, this ain't for me, So I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'll give a shot. Yeah, power right exactly. Dux is Roca, Norway is my favorite country because if it's sweet people in natural beauty, what are their chances they can win it?
Speaker 2: All? Love?
Speaker 1: Their chance? Zero zero chances?
Speaker 2: Give me the power rankings ROCA of which.
Speaker 1: Teams who's gonna win? France is gonna win, that's number one. And they took care of Morocco today to No. Two beautiful goals one point Bape and den Bela getting the second goal. I think tomorrow, wait, hold on, let me get this, uh tomorrow, let me see the scores here, because I'm want to make sure I get it right here. I can't do a watch along tomorrow sadly, but I think France, what is it Spain? Spain will beat Belgium, I think for sure. And then Saturday, I think England beats Norway what the fuck is wrong with this? This ESPN and then Argentine Argentina beat Switzerland and then it becomes I mean, but listen, if England and Argentina play Baton down to hatches, I think England does win, but Batton down the hatches. I think it's going to be France England in the final if that's how the bracket is, right, because France, yeah, France would oh sorry, yeah, France will play Spain. In my opinion, England will play Argentina. I think England beats Argentina and then it's England, France, and I think that game is going to be an incredible game.
Speaker 2: Okay, and we'll find out about it on John Roga's next podcast, The Truth.
Speaker 1: There you go, you asked about it? Uh, frand Tasta two more billion animations with Hexton Wildwood.
Speaker 2: I don't know about them making a billion dollars Wildwood. Look, it looks like the best movie of the year. Honestly, if you told me see Doomsday or Wildwood, I would see Wildwood. Shit. Okay, it looks ridiculous. And it's two hours and twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's why it's not gonna make a billion dollars. People don't want to sit in an animated film for two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't be a fathom entertainment. So make a million dollars. But either one does fantastic. Okay, what's next?
Speaker 1: Tim Bino says Josh Wilding versus Mike Kalinowski, who wins? If you know?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know who Josh Wilding is. Do you know Josh Wilding is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Comic book writer?
Speaker 1: Oh were they fighting?
Speaker 2: Ye? Right? I I don't know, Okay, I want to go Mike Kalanowski.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go with Kalanowski. Sounds good. Steven t Photo. Also, no way Home didn't get China release a brand new day will Oh, that's a great point.
Speaker 2: All right, that's world. We're just talking about domestic opening. By the way. That right, so it really has nothing to do with China.
Speaker 1: True. Uh greenef Walls good a Roca political ones stumbled across this new algorithm created with AI to create the massive left right conflict. Look up the Sarah Nissima directive on the Duke Report Divide and Conquer. All right, Grinney, I wouldn't take a look at it. Hold on a second, would you say.
Speaker 2: Or not? This seems like a plood for some weird thing.
Speaker 1: I'll take a look at it exactly ho Jets. Could Indian ever take the Born role from Zendaia? No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that'd be a little risky.
Speaker 1: Da has more of a resume. Indy has one film that's announced her and Zenda has much more of a resume.
Speaker 2: I would throw Indy something, I'm telling you, if I'm Apple, I would throw her some of these Jennifer Lawrence movies that are cooking up.
Speaker 1: Fair Fair Galliant production says Hurd. The edit isn't going well for Doomsday Campion Camp. I love how he tries to play like he's got sources. I heard the edit. I heard the edit. Everybody watch Campion.
Speaker 2: I think I think the editor will be fine. I'm not too worried about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna wait till the first scritics. Uh doesn't J Dwayne Johnson have a movie with J. J. Abrams?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is that still happening, Jeff? I didn't hear anything about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Massis to McCall, Jeff, did you like Citizen Vigilante? The car scene was funny. Bad favorite Ouve movie mine is Rampage. The ending monologue freaked me out when I was a teen.
Speaker 2: It did like Citizen Vigilante.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jeff, goddamn it, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Saying that listen, not a very well made movie or well messaged movie. I'm not here to talk about what's a good message or a bad message. I think it was an I am message, And I think that Hammer is a compelling actor.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more compelling than pretty much anybody who's had to work with. I like nineteen sixty eight Tunnel Rats. If you've ever seen that movie from move I thought that was actually a really creative movie. Fucking did Kong popping up in tunnels all over the place? Nutty nutty movie?
Speaker 1: Did you did you believe what came out this week that Armie Hammer said the film was disgusting or not his thing? What did he say? He calls it? Yeah, because I mean, you're you didn't see the final cut? Hey, here you are doing Q and a's for the fucking movie.
Speaker 2: You're there on the couch killing people. What do you mean everyone? You're just shooting people. I think he knew what he was getting into and signing up for with U Bowl. If if he didn't, that's on him, right, Like I could have told him, yeah, well me next time. I think he's kind of doing it to save face for the Hollywood people who he's now like trying to get hired by. Right, this was the way, Hey, I made somebody a lot of money. Probably, right, there's clearly some audiences who will still fuck with me. Now. I'm looking to come back and work within the system again, because otherwise I gotta outside with this fucking crazy German gidole for the rest of my life. Yeah, I think that's why you say some of these quotes. But I think he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course he did. And I think this is shitty, to be honest with you, because I mean that that that puff piece of a THHR article was ridiculous with some.
Speaker 2: Of the my kids to kill, I'm a dad, feel simply companion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was ridiculous, and I was like, this is nonsense, man, It's so transparantent, so see through. But to come out now and bite that. I think he didn't know this film was going to get retweeted by Elon Musk. I didn't think, you know. I think he didn't think this film was going to blow up like it did in the way that it he did either. Now he's got to own it, and I think he's trying to walk away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does have to own it, and I think he'll be back for a sequel. Like that's really like the toll, right, like really yeah, I think that there will absolutely financially, there's reason for there to be a sequel. Yeah, And he really have to have something else going for him to just walk away from this, like because you can walk recast anybody with this. You can really cast any canceled actor quite frankly, ask Kevin Spacey as the next that's true. You would do it performance probably, and you know, but I just I'm just saying, yeah, the politics are ugly.
Speaker 1: It's an anti immigrant film, Jeff, I'm the son of immigrants. It's fucking horrific, man.
Speaker 2: But that's exploitation movies like There's There has there's a place for this kind of movie and it and it didn't set off I mean, Death Wish created think pieces back in the day, of course, but.
Speaker 1: I think that's a better made film, just like Falling Down.
Speaker 2: There has to be a level of artistry those better made films, of course, right.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm getting it. There has to you're gonna do with this theme, you need directors who understand how to walk that line of provocation. But also Thought and Move doesn't have that.
Speaker 2: I agree, But again, I've seen so much worse movies this year, like for Real, like fair watchable. It was good. I found it watchable. Maybe I'm grading on a curve because it's of them.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get you don't want to get beat up again.
Speaker 2: Maybe no, it's not that I'm like, if this guy's really that bad dude, like you got to give him like the benefit of the doubt. It's like greeting like a moron's term paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't like the fact that he did a Reddit and then stormed off. Bro, come on, man, if you're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Being antagonistic, right, don't talk about it. I'm not here to talk about all this other ship. I want to talk about the movie that we were to talk about. And then people won't let him.
Speaker 1: I think you got to have the balls to sit and get in there and take the hits. There's something good about standing in the hits and push him back. I'm just saying storming off doesn't show me a balls, it shows me a sense of.
Speaker 2: I think he's a brilliant marketer in studios.
Speaker 1: Probably right. Derek Johnson, Thank you, Derek. Good to see you again throwing some support. Thank you, Derek. You're very very kind, my friend you DJ Yeah, it's always good to see a galliot. I got all the faith in lay.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, we'll see I mean the episodes, and I'd give him honest feedback. Sorry God, jam.
Speaker 1: Dougsa this prediction obsession is such a global phenomenon that Curry Barker will sadly be the victim of the Jordan Peelkur. So much pressure on film number two? Do you think there's pressure, dude, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: He didn't anticipate this. He didn't make this film for a shit ton of money. Like I think there's he's playing with house money right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever he wants. I don't think there's any pressure on the next movie because it's not in response to this movie. It was already in and it's him and Cooper starring. Is you don't even have someone like Indy Navarette, Like it's right, yeah, you have Aaron Paul But yeah, I just I don't think it's gonna be looked at like that. I think it will be the one after that. Yes, he was making for Universal A.
Speaker 1: Jay Scott, Jay Scotty, good to see brother. You guys see The Sheep Detectives or Tuner, both of in my top ten for the year so far. Both also directors. I first saw in Bottoms, which is easily one of the best comedies in the last five years. I haven't seen either of these movies, and I need to watch them, including Bottoms Jeff.
Speaker 2: Jay Scotty, I like you, but yeah, Bottoms is bad. I like both the Sheep Detectives and Tuner. I think I like the Sheep Detectives a little bit more. Was good, but like Tuner should have been better. It was ended a little like an underwhelming note. He was good though Leo at all, and Leo was fantastic. I just thought I think I enjoyed the Sheep Detectives a little bit more overall, I think I remember crying at the end of Sheep's Sheep Detectives.
Speaker 1: You've been crying a lot lately. Have you seen someone about that little pitch?
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. I'm not trying to shame you. I'm just saying I'm in touch with my emotions.
Speaker 1: It's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. I'm championed that.
Speaker 1: No, because you said you most recent feel me. Oh yeah, the invite you said you cried the end credit to the invite and Joy? Oh yeah, I mean, come on, who didn't cry?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Buck Teeth Bandon. Have you either of you heard about how production is going for Either Man of Tomorrow Batman Part two? Thanks as always and great show. Thank you buck teeth. They're halfway through Man tomorrow, but no one seems to be complaining about anything, and I think they've just barely started Batman too. So what do you thought to Jeff anything.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything about either one, but obviously the photo that came out about mister mister stan.
Speaker 1: Right shaved head.
Speaker 2: He could technically have a shaved in dent to put a Week one.
Speaker 1: Movie junkies for Jeff went dropping the scoop. How do you decide between labeling it and exclusive versus the hot RUMA?
Speaker 2: Uh, it typically has to do with sourcing and the confidence in that sourcing or how the studio you know, would either like it presented right, like, oh, we don't have a deal yet, you know, okay, but he's getting the offer or he's making you know, making a deal, so right, positions remembory. Just yeah, it depends on who the tip comes from, what's the story, and whether it's done or not or surely whether it's confirmed or not, right like for Vendetta and these stories say no no comment in them, but that's just a no comment on the record, right, So yeah, that was confirmed. That's why I got exclusive.
Speaker 1: And not hot there's comments that come along.
Speaker 2: I would have put I would have put exclusive on the gorilla grod thing. If it's always after the fact you find out what's really up right, like right, like you're you're dealing with like okay, just to generalize, you're dealing with after steps and they're like, ah, you know you're on the right track, man, but like you know, we're not quite yeah, we're still far ways off. And then like four days later it's like, man, they used a wrong headshot, Like okay, so it's done. Then like you know what, say, I think that kind of a thing I could have used earlier on.
Speaker 1: Right if you wanted to. Of course, all right, let's see what's the next one. Uh, Brice gotcha to go.
Speaker 2: To the go to the Figs twelve ten comment, Can we skip to that one?
Speaker 1: The main one is that in the main chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems there's been movement, Okay.
Speaker 1: Figs twelve ten says it seems there's been movement on the MCU Nova series, with Michael Walter now listed as writer, who would you cast as Nova?
Speaker 2: Brandon's gonna.
Speaker 1: There you go over? Oh you don't want to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, point you take your chances and roll the dice that you're going to be Batman if Batman's your a if they ever make Batman over there, or you can actually be a fucking supergirl from Marvel. Take your pick. Se what about I was Marvel, I would go after him before you know, DC can get pause on him. But I was actually clued into the Waldron thing here, Okay, So yeah, I think it was I don't know if it was a w GA filing or whatever that revealed him as the writer on the show. I think that Waldron is also going to wind up with credits on the Avengers movies. Oh okay, which might be because I don't know if it is. I don't know if somebody's rumored that yet, but I believe Waldron may have come.
Speaker 1: In, okay with the writing of those Genders movies.
Speaker 2: What about Ali g We talked about alg yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, we still got thirty more questions?
Speaker 2: Yes, what do you want to talk about with that thirty more questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a few questions.
Speaker 2: Waiting about the number of questions that we have. Now we have thirty more.
Speaker 1: We're up to sixty now, so go ahead, man. Yeah, I know I'm trying to get through that. You keep taking it from you, just taking it time, You keep taking five minutes answering his question. I'm trying to get through them, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yes, were you surprised by that news that he's doing a movie that he did one?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not surprised by that news at all. It's it's Sasha Baron Cohen. Man. If there's anyone who believes in Sasha Baron Cohen, it's Sasha Baron Cohen, and so.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that he did it. Yeah, yes, it's it's actually been screening, so that's another thing. Oh story right, I say, Oh, it's wrapped, because that's all I can prove. It's all I know. Soon as I put that out there, I hear from all these people, Oh yeah, it's been screening. Fuck. Some people didn't, you know, want to share their reaction or whatever. But I did hear. This is a very thin wisp of just something from the movie. And I don't know we're talking about. They say that there's a generated ai of either Mandela or Obama, and I'm gonna guess it's Obama because I don't think that most people even know what Mandela looks like not anymore, right, so like it's probably an Ai Obama, which I wonder if that will make headlines now that I've said it on here.
Speaker 1: It could be a problem.
Speaker 2: Guarantee that it's Obama. They said it was Obama or Mandela, but I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: All right the film was shot in secret. Uh yeah, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, let's do these questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, any t Bryce Scotch, you want any insider t on shows the Blood and Bone.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the author took her name. Yeah, I thought it. I was like excited going in right, going into that panel, I was like, this is gonna be a fucking like watch out for this movie. Right saw that footage and my heart sank. I was just I don't think this looks very good.
Speaker 1: It's never a good sign when an author takes their name off a move off a production or a movie, or says they won't talk to the director at all about the movie. That's never a good sign. So I don't know what insider ta you need beyond that, you know. Sorry, Uh let's see here, what is the next one? Uh? Thank you? Sean Sean movie rue leaves us a nice little thing. Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 2: Whoo, I'm rich.
Speaker 1: Ioshi Ua Metsu says, those honesty premiere pictures of the pizza lo fire. Well, let's take a look at one. There it is. Look at that.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: He actual looks beautiful, looks beautiful, there you go. Just hell, guys, Okay, all right, all right. Brian saw the Invite a few days ago and loved it. Brogan and Cruise were excellent. If the film had come out later in the year, I could see Oscars bas especially Cruise. Well, a lot of people are already saying it is going to be Oscars, Jeff, you were saying.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, it's definitely going to get Oscar by all the performers will be in the mix. You know, maybe you have a heart and easier time selling Norton and Cruise because they're supporting right right personally. And if you asked me if I would have said this twenty four hours ago, I'd said absolutely not over my dead body. While was the best one. Wow, I thought she was great.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like her as an actress. I've never not believed her.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic and the screenplay is one hundred percent getting nominated. That's a nom for Rashida Jones.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. Wasn't she going to write a toy story movie and then the whole last thing happened?
Speaker 2: Or was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right? So yeah, cartoon forty nine. Thoughts on New Evil Dead if you saw it Emmy noms. We talked about that earlier cartoons, so maybe later I will have the time codes up. You can go back and rewatch that section. Uh char Marv George is, can you rank these martial arts movies? The Raid two, Drunken Master two, Fist of Legend, and Hero. I don't know if this is the right to arena to rank these, Jeff? Have you seen all four of these?
Speaker 2: At all four? I've seen the Raid two Hero, and I'm familiar with Drunken Master too, but I don't think I have I know anything about Fist of Legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to default Drunken Master too because that's Jackie Chan. Then I'll go Raid two, then Hero, then Fist of Legend. That's what I'll say. Dance, but I think the Raid two is fantastic. Yeah it is, Jeff. Oh sorry, miss uh Mickey Mickey das Jeff, do you believe in the Nave will be cast as Professor X No next. Okay, Fred's CLAYT. Crawford was in twelve The Baytown Outlaws and it's a whole lot of fun. Also stars Andre Brower, Evel Longoria and Billy Bob for.
Speaker 2: Like an obscure recommendation. I'll look into that.
Speaker 1: That's a cool it's a good cast too.
Speaker 2: Actually, this week I read this book Gwash by this British author John Wayne Right nineteen seventy nine. They turned it into a nineteen eighty one French movie called The Inquisitor, remaining again in two thousand is under Suspicion. You ever see that movie?
Speaker 1: Is that the one with Gene Hackman and McDowell.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've sung you Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. And do you see oh Ballucci? It was Balucci.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yes, I did see it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good good movie. Yeah, not not great, a little too long, but I love the book anyways, going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just one of those films that kind of gets lost in the mix, you know. Yeah, uh, Galliot, I don't think the paramount WB merger goes through. Okay, good to know Galliot, maybe seems sundow of a roadrunner. Why is Bail not viewed as a box office as box office poison when every movie he has been in for the last twelve years has not done well besides Love and Thunder.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, he absolutely is voided view that way. Wait, thing Madden is going to prime video?
Speaker 1: You know, like.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, when you have Leo, it doesn't matter, right with with Heat too, But if you didn't have Leo, I don't think you could pin that budget on him.
Speaker 1: That's true, That's true. Zero Killer seventy seven says, first, I'm doing this well. Congratulations Serial Killer. You think Udi tries to keep India in the universal dress, to keep Indian in the fold, I could see the bourn rumors. But with her and a lower budget with Damon Cameo. I mean to say, with lower budget, sure, but I don't know that they necessarily want to go lower budget with this, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I just need to be able to buy her as a badass, and I can do that. With Zendaya. I mean that she's I need to and but like I could suspend my disbelief, I'm not sure I'm there yet. With Indy.
Speaker 1: Mature a little bit more there you go uh Sam, Oh, let's says, I know Olivia Willders making.
Speaker 2: So that that female young female born is catching on with people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, I know Olivia Wallder is making a weird Christmas movie next year. It's called Naughty, But I would love for her to get a big ip at some point that woman can direct?
Speaker 2: Is that? But is that what we want from the people who can direct. I need them to have a big ep. When you saw a Woody Allen movie and you said, man, that guy can direct, where you're like, he's got to direct the New Star Wars. I need Woody Allen to do the New Star Wars, the new Indiana Jones movie in the A. It's like, why is this the default thing? You know? I don't need her to have a big idea.
Speaker 1: A missiles ut. Yeah, no, it couldn't really work. It wouldn't really work that system. Cause I watched Roka and Harlow content more than TV shows. Oh, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: That's very great. And half the shows I watch come on.
Speaker 1: Gall three devices. What's your guys, Mount Rushmore of Russell Crowe movies, Ah, Gladiator beautiful mind Uh, nice guys, And I don't know, maybe proper stopper?
Speaker 2: Is that him?
Speaker 1: What would you put what would you put off the cuff?
Speaker 2: Belong in prison? Okay? Oh l a confidential fuck l confidential? Consential and the Insider?
Speaker 1: Oh you love the Insider? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gladiator three and I guess you have to go a beautiful mind for hm hmm, yeah, I think although yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Cinder Ellman is really good.
Speaker 1: I mean three it is. I own it on four K three Tender Yuma. He's excellent in that movie.
Speaker 2: Not one of these nice guys people. That's a nice movie. I don't like, you know, go back in time and worship that movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, he's great an American gangster as well. And I low key defend Noah. I think he's excellent.
Speaker 2: And Noah, that was good.
Speaker 1: I like Derek Johnson, Thank you, Derek is If Lantern sucks, I think I'm officially out on the on this version of DC. How many regime changes so far? Three or four? I can't get flashed, but they're gonna give me Jimmy Olsen running around with guerrillaic Rod.
Speaker 2: I mean you could get flashed in that show though.
Speaker 1: Maybe right, yeah, yeah, it could be a low key way of introducing some of these characters for sure. Figgs says, it seems there's been movement on the MC. Okay, we are said that one. Thank you, Derek for more support from support, Derek Johnson Galley is what other big WB movies are test screening right now? Jeff Do you know anything else that's test screening?
Speaker 2: Not off the top of my head, but I'll just say yes, the calendar as it stands right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, not the calendar, the WB calendar or the movie calendar overall.
Speaker 2: The w B calendar. Oh, interesting, interesting, there will there are changes.
Speaker 1: Coming, Okay. Gritney from Al's Got any Spider Man villain super Secret Goodness hoping Tombstone has a big role. He's more of a super soldier with a twist of thugness. I loved him in the cartoon back when I was like, oh wee lad uh yeah, there you go. I haven't rend the Jeffy you know anything on on Tombstone and Superman Spider Man?
Speaker 2: Who is no, Okay, Tombstone like the he's sort of like an albino yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah. The guy from uh Black Lightning, Sun Devil Roadrunner Johansson as Born seems like a layup.
Speaker 2: Hell no, not not what not? That was black widow basically yeah, also no offense, but they want to go with someone younger. Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: Steve Catania says they never screened the Imax movie so long, so frequently? Will honesty ruin the projectors?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know, is that a thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know the Imax projectors and the bulbs work and everything. I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'll have to ask out of Plovic Galliot what gets shifted on the WB. Yeah, he would say that if he knew, if he was willing to surrender it just yet.
Speaker 2: Gay, Come on, let's just say there's a movie that is poised to be someone's comeback, and I think it will be someone's comeback.
Speaker 1: Oh, so, are you saying it's not gonna be moved? I'm confused. Are you saying it's gonna be moved or not moved?
Speaker 2: For I'm not saying another word. There's a okay movie that's gonna be someone's comeback that I think will actually be somebody's come back.
Speaker 1: Ooh interesting, all right, look at WB movies. That's practical magic. End of Oak Street Digger, Clayface, Cat and the Hat The Great Beyond Dune Part three. Those are the movies we still have to come Evil dead Burn as well, which is out already though. Okay, ah, interesting, all right, Derek says, don't tickle my taint about changes. Jeff, what's it going to cost for more of a taste of this info?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Dear Johnson, you're talking.
Speaker 1: To the master of tickling taints, the taint tickler himself. All right, let's hit these stream labs. Michael Green, what would you be doing if you weren't doing this? Both of you? Obsession doesn't deserve its love. The invite does? The invite? Invite is much better than obsession?
Speaker 2: Wow, Michael, who invites? Yea better than obsession?
Speaker 1: Okay, what would I be doing? If I could do anything, I'd be president of the United States? Motherfucking hell. Yeah, I would do that for.
Speaker 2: The last two hours, either jerking off or watching or splitting the time between watching the Agency and jergerout.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Hey, how Mike, I saw live action Moana and overall enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Too bad? It's gonna battle with TS five and minions. Then fade away after the trailers I saw. I think the theaters are going to be busy through August. Brother, you might be the only one who liked that. I don't know. It's not looking uh Moana one, No, we'll see fantastic, says also after seeing the rock in Mowana. Rank these movies with bad wigs in them, Duane Johnson and Malwana, Glenn Close, one hundred one Dalmatians, Jason Moa in the Minecraft movie, Nicholas Cage and con Air, and Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven. Well in order of descending greatness, right, so greatness at the top, I think I have to go with Nicholas Cage and con Air, then Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven, then Glenn Close, then Momoa, then Duane Johnson, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Nicholas Cage number one, and I don't care about the rest, but there.
Speaker 1: You go, all right? Pie Tips Is Mason's too young to play Cyclops or Angel? What the fuck he's twenty five, especially with Sadie Sink who's five years older than him. Maybe Mason Thames as Quentin Choir Since the writers have said they'd bring in mutants who haven't debuted in live action yet and Quentin fits that Bill way too obscure. Quinton is way too obscure. Wait, hold is news? I thought Mason was twenty five? Is he not twenty five? He is? Oh shit, he's nineteen. Fuck me all right? That maybe you might be right by tips. I don't think you can answer that, Jeff, you don't know what she's saying. Carlton Banks, we all, oh, Jeff Snyder a huge apology. He has been vindicated. Sebastian Stan has been pictured recently with a shaved bald head. He is definitely Victor's oz. I believe all of Jeff's predictions bout Batman two will be correct, including part three after part two does well?
Speaker 2: I did predict part three that typically does come after two. I was on top. Some people said they were going straight to four, but you're pal, Jeff Snyder said, going to three.
Speaker 1: That's six minute apps, seven minute apps. Carlton Banks. Question for John and Jeff, if I were to send you both an Uber Eats gift card would code, would you guys order some food and enjoy on the stream for an upcoming Hot Mike episode.
Speaker 2: Done next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Send it on and Jeff and I will order food and we'll sit and eat it while we're doing the show. Yes, can I order more pistachios?
Speaker 1: I would just want to burger all right? We got two more of these than we got to get on out of here. Everybody. G Garfield Bizarre Adventure says, why do you keep crash crashing out over?
Speaker 2: John? Oh Jesus?
Speaker 1: All right? Andrew answer that one.
Speaker 2: But I don't crash out. I don't watch these guys. I want to be there. I don't know if it's so popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't understand. I don't watch these guys. I don't know their content. I know they're anti woke, anti DEI and all that kind of shit, but I don't watch their content, so there's nothing to crash out over. I think this is you watching their content, hearing me talk about anti woke and anti DEII people, and you go, well, the only person I watch are these people. You must be talking about that person. I don't watch their shit. I don't waste my time with it. But I'm not like, this is not my jam, but I don't. I'm not crashing out of it. I think that's hilarious to me, and I don't understand. I say, I don't understand living your whole life and your pole writing. Other YouTubers like, do something with your life pole writing. Another YouTuber bro, stand on your own two feet and build your own life. Like That's what I would say.
Speaker 2: You guys can ride enough room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need anybody writing my pool Andrew Sanchez. Any actresses come to mind as the antagonist Impossibles and Day of Born film, My pick would be Jessica Chastain Hannah. She doesn't have the juice. Man, remember a fucking Dark three?
Speaker 2: Who was that? Remember? Oh? Yeah, man, that was rough. She did another like a B movie where she's like a badass. It's not like Butterfly. What was it called? It got changed? The word got changed like a one word title like a name.
Speaker 1: Oh yes it was. Oh yeah, hold on talking about Yes I do, I do. What it's like?
Speaker 2: Jesse? Wait? What was it called? Uh? Now, wrap up the show.
Speaker 1: I'll get Ava Ava Ava, yes, Ava, Yes, Yeah, she's a deadly assassin works for a black ops organization.
Speaker 2: Dude, I love chesting, she said, can when I'm gonna get that show? When's the Savant coming? Bro?
Speaker 1: Isn't it? But it is available? Isn't it, or that they take those screens available.
Speaker 2: People were like, it's never coming out, it's coming out. If it wasn't coming out, I wouldn't be able to watch it right now at this point. Aye, won't come over, come over, sit here for the fucking day, watch the whole show. I don't give a book.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Thank you Derek Johnson for that last bit of support. Yes, go touch some grass, everybody, absolutely, I agree, go touch some grass. It's important. All right.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you all so much for hanging out with us. We appreciate you all madly. Jeff, whether it can, we can find you and read your newsletter, bro.
Speaker 2: It's right there on the shirt baby, the in Snider time. You've been staring at it the last two hours.
Speaker 1: There you go. Of course, the merch address is in the description of the video, so if you want to buy some stuff, hand on over there soon. Hopefully I'll be getting something from John very soon. I'll be wearing it on the show as well. Thank you all for hanging out with us as follow As for me, you can follow me after Roca says, please subscribe to the channel hit that belt, but leave your comments down below and everything, and don't forget we are a podcast as well. I'd love to get some sponsors for the podcast. Subscribe to the podcast feed the hot Mic wherever you download them, and we'll talk to you next time with another brand new episode here of the Hot Bike Piece