Speaker 1: Do you know who the sound piker is aboard?
Speaker 2: I think these guys failed so spectacularly.
Speaker 1: When you say progressive left, there's a tone of contempt there is.
Speaker 3: The whole camera was able to pick up the contempt.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people who are just like, this is not working. Democrats haven't done anything about it.
Speaker 3: They never win.
Speaker 1: Have they been given a chance?
Speaker 3: You know who's going to sign the future the Democratic Party? We break the news to you. They ain't that littimal okay.
Speaker 2: Pro zero politics is so poisonous in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: There's no place for criticism of the government of Israel in a demo orry party?
Speaker 1: Will you endorse the twenty twenty eight candidates if they are pro Israeliti? How are you feel about.
Speaker 3: The mid terms? I feel very good. But the only thing that can derail us is we could nominate some of our wrong candidates in the wrong place and not be as successful as our hope. But it's gonna be it. It's gonna be massive. I mean it, see I inspite of anything, we're gonna win that thing.
Speaker 1: The wrong candidate's what you mean by that?
Speaker 3: I I see challenges from the quote a U progressive left unquote, and these people were too hot headed to know that they're not popular. People don't like 'em. And uh, but if you get a secured turnout in a primary, you might end up losing a race that you should have never lost in the first place.
Speaker 1: When you say progressive left, you sort of there's a t tone of contempt there.
Speaker 3: The yeah, yeah, so you were very wise. I hope the camera that was able to pick up the contempt. Yes, they don't win elections. They never run against Republicans. They just run against other Democrats. Their only message is we're gonna blow everything up. Okay, great, and they've run for pres they never win. They are have they been given a chance. Huh. Let's take a let's think of somebody, Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders ran for president twice, you know what I mean twice?
Speaker 2: He lost.
Speaker 3: By a lot.
Speaker 1: James Carville says this is all going to implode at the general election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as opposed the previous neoliberal Democratic candidacies that have been spectacular successes so far. You know, Hillary Rodham Clinton in twenty sixteen and Kamala Harrison twenty twenty four. I think these guys have failed so publicly and so spectacularly that it has caused people to seek out alternatives. I don't think I'm like exceptionally good at proselytizing the gospel of socialism necessarily. I think there are a lot of people who are just like, this is not working. Cost of living crisis is completely out of control. Democrats haven't done anything about it. Republicans haven't done anything about it. There has to be a different alternative. And a lot of people are also very frustrated with the rise of trump Ism, rise of MAGA, rise of fascism in this country. They're scared. There's a lot of instability, and they see the Democratic Party as insufficient in dealing with trump Ism, and they go out there in the streets. They want to demonstrate. Who do they see on the streets? People like me. They see DSA, they see PSL, they see these organizations that have never stopped protesting. They don't stop protesting when Democrats are in charge. They don't stop protesting when Republicans are in charge. Why do they do that? Because the issues persist.
Speaker 1: Do you know who his sound piker is?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you think of them?
Speaker 3: Board hoard? Aim mean one Democrat and a tough election that wants Hassan Paika to come in and campaign with him in a general election. Do you think that Tall Rico is going to advisee so Son Paika to Congress Texas? I don't you think John Hassoffer's good environ I don't you think well I Cooper, No, no, no, And I mean he's a niche guy.
Speaker 1: Do you think you know candidates that embrace you in the primary process might want to tuck you away in the general election.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But I think that'd be a mistake because the reality is, not only do I have a lot of passionate doorknockers and organizers in my community, but also outside of that, I I represent a position that is objectively popular, the criticisms of Israel, that is the overwhelming majority's perspective. So I think simply leaning in to attack ads and saying, oh, you're right that this person is bad, Actually, this person was wrong. It was wrong with me to identify or in align with him. Apol could have done that in the primary as well. It was very risky for him to say no, this is ridiculous. Yeah, I have disagreements with him, but who cares? This is a twitch streamer, you know, and I think that's an honest message. That's something that people can understand. And as long as he sticks to the issues, as long as he keeps fighting for Medicare for all and keep fighting for policies that will improve people's lives, that's what people are going to vote for. The rest of it is just noise. You look silly if you try to consistently take the conversation back to an allegiance that a politician might have with a twitch streamer. If the other side is saying, I want to give people healthcare, it's not a great message.
Speaker 1: In the primary process, of course, he has become this sort of central part of a debate, right about the future of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you, we're going to have a debate about the future of the Democratic Party in the Democratic primaries of twenty twenty eight in Hassan Piker in the Progressives. You know who's going to decide the future the Democratic Party. We break the news to you Democratic primary voters, primarily Southern black Democratic primary voters. Let me further break the news to you because I happen to have hung around Southern Black people all in my life ain't that liberal? Okay, but that's now. I'm sure someone on the left would say, well, we often to have another process. No, we don't. And what Hassan Piker needs to do is run for president. If everybody agrees, which are good, run, go, cat Go. I think everybody ought to run, and I think that the judgment of Democratic primary voters is what I'm going to follow. But but if you claim that there's all of this energy and this activism, then okay, hand at it. Run for president.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to take part of the democratic.
Speaker 3: Of course you are. Don't run for office. What I'd say is, why do these people call themselves democrats? Call yourself democratic socialists? Maybe maybe what we need.
Speaker 1: God, but don't.
Speaker 3: But don't call yourself democrats. But where are what you There's no place any place for criticism of the government of Israel in a democratic party. There's no place for any Semitism. But if you want to be an a Semitic from your own party. The reason that most people will become Democrats is the same reason I don't hate anybody. I have a big issue with the government of Israel. Yeah, I worked at Israel. It was part of the closest set in history we ever come to having a a deal. And I I am a full support of the right of a Jewish state on the eastern Mediterranean. I think the only way to have that is you have to have a correspondent Palestinian state would fully recognized you. You have to have security zones, you have to have massive aid to the Palastinian state, and we got to have peace and not walk. Now I can't stand in that mayorhood and the big change that I've seen in Israel as they used to actually trying to get people to like 'em, don't do that more. And I I detest the settlements alright, and I I I would love to see the policy changes in the government of Israel. But I I am a firm believer in the state of this two different things. Sure, never to be confused.
Speaker 1: I was or two at the DNC in twenty twenty four where you said you didn't endorse Harris. Will you endorse the twenty twenty eight candidates if they are pro Israel in a way that you don't like. I mean, if you ultimately are about defeating fascism in this country as you describe as Maga. Whatever surely shouldn't you get on board with whoever the main candidate is.
Speaker 4: Luckily, I don't think I will have to make that calculation at all, because again, pro zero politics is so poisonous in the Democratic Party, especially that there is and I'm telling you right now as a promise, and you'll see zero percent chance that whoever the elected Democrat is that wins the primary will.
Speaker 2: Be pro Israel in any way, shape or form. And I will do every in my power to make sure that that doesn't happen regardless. But I don't think I'll have to push too much. And you'll see Roba Mannuel is a great example of this. Rob Emmanuel himself is very critical of Israel now, very very critical of Israel, and it's clear that he has ambitions of higher office, and he sees which way the winds are blowing. It's not going to happen, So that's not even a problem. But I do warn, just as I did in twenty nineteen with Joe Biden, that if we don't have a bold progressive candidate as someone who can take advantage of the momentum of the growing socialist movement in this country seek to improve the material conditions of the working class in this country. It's going to be worse than Donald Trump next time around, just as Donald Trump two was far worse than Donald Trump won.
Speaker 3: Ass