Speaker 1: Yea ripped. You need advice, so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Welcome running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. As always, we're here to help you, solve your problems, answer your questions. Take Can I just make your life just a little easier. We do have a markup on cam, but his audio not yet. We will get that done soon. Uh he's uh, he's but he will be joining us. And welcome to everyone. I have some guests today. I have Deputy D's always here. Now I don't mean that in a bad way. Uh, you know, like a bad penny. Is that what they say? Bad penny? Anyway, Deputy D's here. And then I have a guest Hannah Hannah Davis from UH from Fix at twenty four to seven. Hello, all of you. Hello, Deputy Doc in the studio. What's going on? You're doing? Good? Doc? Anyway, we are really ready to help. Okay, good and uh bo oh Bo's there too, Hey Bo, thank you very much for being here. I put up those smoke I put up those smoke detectors. You got me?
Speaker 6: Did they fit?
Speaker 5: They fit perfectly.
Speaker 1: I knew they would.
Speaker 5: You see, Bo was in the biz for a long time, a supplier and a contractor for HVAC. And you know, I want to talk about in general, business in general and some of the challenges that I think they have. Have consumers changed a lot? Do you think I'm going to take calls, but I want to ask very quickly, Hannah, have consumers changed a ton as far as expectations.
Speaker 7: You know what I think it is is consumers more than anything, or relying on each other. So when they hear other people that have used a company, that's what they're looking at.
Speaker 5: They're looking at. They rely a lot on. They rely a lot on personal references, don't they. Yes, they really have. And you see that in the online space.
Speaker 7: You look at those reviews and if there's just a point one more star, that's where people are going.
Speaker 5: The littlest change that can impact anything. One of the biggest problems is inconsistency. I'll tell you that will kill a business. So if you're in business, Peep or you're an entrepreneur, I'm going to tell you something. Inconsistency will hurt you, even if listen carefully. The incancy is one toward a positive trend. Now you just wait for that inconsistency and we'll talk about it. I'm serious, now, you as you know, when I talk, I swear to you I don't give my personal well I do give my personal opinion, but I'll let you know it's personal. This one is fact based on more than three hundred now probably more than four hundred thousand conversations directly with consumers. I've always said this before. No one has talked to more consumers than me. Ever, no one, not one consultant, no one ever has done it directly. Okay, so let's go to the phones and then I'm going to talk about inconsistency. And you'll be shocked at what I mean by excellence can hurt you. I'm intrigued that seriously. Now, Carl, you have an issue with dental Carl, are you the one that sent pictures of your implants your X rays? Yeah? Letter, Oh but you didn't you attach X rays? Doc?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh my god. Now I'm no dentist, but holy crap oli, was that shocking when I looked at these home. Man, these pictures I might bring actually, I might bring them up. I might bring this up. I'm going to download it and see if I can. But yeah, I might do that. But bottom line, god, it looked like it looked like a kid playing legos. I mean, so now, I don't know if implants what they're supposed to look like, to be honest with you, but they look crooked and slanted and crazy. So here's what I want to know. Where are we with this deputy doc?
Speaker 6: Okay, here, here's what it was.
Speaker 9: Carl was going to call two attorneys that I gave them the names of to see if they would take his case. I was waiting to hear from him to see if they were going to take his case.
Speaker 5: I think they will. Well, I don't think they will die. It's very I'll tell you why they're not going to well.
Speaker 9: He anyway, he was going to call them last week. I just got today a detailed letter of all of his experiences with them, and he was supposed to call me after he spoke to these.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why he's not going to get malpractice here, very easy. There's no damages to that they can there's the damages aren't big enough?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, I just got a detailed description of all the ups and downs of what he went through, which I will review and get back to him.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to put this picture up right now for those streaming. You know, it's on YouTube trouble Shooter Network. But these are his implants and there's one two three four five on the top, one two three four five six on the bottom, and they look weird. But for all I know, I don't know. Maybe maybe that's the way if anyone is a professional there can look at those and let us know. But here's the thing. He has had other dentists say it looks like malpractice. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 5: Now did you talk because but would any of them go on the record. If you can't get no one to go on the record, If you can't get someone to go on the record to say it's malpractice, then you have a problem. You'll never be able to bring a suit. But I think even if you get someone to say it's malpractice, Carl, how old did you say you were?
Speaker 11: My birthday will be the twenty seven to that that means nothing to me.
Speaker 5: All of you thirty four seventy five. Okay, man, Okay, listen, listen. I think here's the Here's god. How do I put this? There's not a lot of losses. They can sink their teeth upun sink their teeth.
Speaker 11: Into you have look at Can I say something?
Speaker 5: Well, just wait one second. The temporary place you paid eighteen grand? All right? Did you pay eighteen Yeah?
Speaker 11: I still have Yeah, I paid eighteen I still have the ten permanent yet and it's been well, like the letter says, it's been.
Speaker 6: Only a year.
Speaker 5: So go ahead, go ahead with your laws. See, Carl, you can never afford yourself to bring a maut practice suit because now I'm serious when I tell you it's a minimum of one hundred thousand dollars to get to the courtroom door a minimum, okay. And for anyone to invest for an attorney to take this onto contingency they would want, they would have to invest about one hundred grand. Maybe not because of their own time, but it would be one hundred grand with their time. But it would be like professional witnesses, depositions, et cetera, et cetera. They have to pay their snographers, they have to pay their the professional witnesses. They have to put up a war chest. So for that one hundred grand, they get a third of what they collect. So let's say they collect three hundred grand, They've made nothing on this case zero In fact, that they're going to lose money because once it goes to court, that it's more than one hundred grand. So what I'm getting at, Carl, and I'm talking to everyone with malpractice, I would say one in five hundred malpractice claims are worth bringing to court. Now, what did you want to see?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 11: Is what I wanted to say is the pain I have in the upper I don't think of going to a bone specialist and let him see how many implants is in there and if he can figure out I had one.
Speaker 5: Okays, they hit a nerd. They hit a nerd, Carl?
Speaker 11: Is why I have that pain?
Speaker 5: Carl? Carl, Okay, Okay, I understand that. Do you know the concept of losses and damages? I'm not unsympathetic with your pain. It's terrible. Everything, all of this is terrible. But what would a jury award you after putting in one hundred to get to the courtroom in one hundred and fifty with a trial or more. What would you be granted at seventy four years old. I'm not saying it's not worth anything, but what do you think they'd give you a million dollars? I don't know, I don't know, I don't you know.
Speaker 11: Tom My pain objective.
Speaker 10: Is to get away from the pain and get it straightened out.
Speaker 5: I am so with you. I know Carl's saying, I'm not looking for a payday. I just want to be out of pain. So what do these a holes say to you at the dental place? Do they have a plan to get you out of pain? No?
Speaker 11: Every time I talk to them, they walk, they talk around, and I ask him about the pain, and they say that'll go away. And I said, you know what's ben?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about Colorado Surgical? Are you talking about Colorado Surgical Institution? So, Doc, really all you did was have him call an attorney. Is at the bottom line?
Speaker 6: I said, call the attorney.
Speaker 5: Well, of course, okay, then what did you call Colorado? Did you call the place?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Because if he got an attorney to take the case, then they would they would call them and get medical records, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Told Carl call these two attorneys if they.
Speaker 5: Don't, Carl, what's that? Did you call the law firms?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I sure?
Speaker 11: Did I call them? Not only did I call them, I send them the paperwork?
Speaker 10: Did I say what did they say?
Speaker 5: What did they say?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 11: They can't they they don't either don't handle it no more or they don't have the time.
Speaker 15: They end.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, And he tells you he was going to get back to me, and then I will follow up from there.
Speaker 5: I okay, good. I don't think they don't think. Let me translate for you. They don't think it's a good case.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I will follow up on it.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 15: That's it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what else to say. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five Waterpros dot Net. I love talking about water Pros because this year in special has never been better. You can get a whole house water softening system along with reverse osmo Is drinking water for thirty one ninety five. You have to understand the extraordinary deal. Okay, even with water Pros, those systems would be over five grand, but plumbers would charge over twelve three all three eighty six, two five, five, five four waterpros dot net. You'll never get a better deal. Give yourself a Christmas present early thirty one ninety five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ki, Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter. I'm gonna boost that that audio there and then if you I'm sorry, but if you can't take it, get out of the kitchen, right all right? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Do I sound like a robot? Anyway? Let's keep going here and take these calls. Alec. I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem with a death in the family. What's going on, Alex? I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 16: I'm a big fan of you guys, and thank you for helping so many people.
Speaker 5: What's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 16: My father suddenly passed away Tuesday afternoon, and yeah, it's hard, you know at hap home?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 5: You said it was sudden, so nothing expected? Was How old was he? H?
Speaker 16: He was sixty four?
Speaker 5: Sixty four years by today's standards. Was there anything wrong with him so to speak, as far as a disease or anything?
Speaker 16: So we found out after uh, you know, he passed from the corner that his last doctor's appointment, he was diagnosed with heart failure, but he kept out from us all.
Speaker 5: So when was that? When was he diagnosed with that?
Speaker 16: A little over a year ago?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Was there anything he could have done about it?
Speaker 16: It's hard to say because he did speak to me very little after the appointment. We lived together and you know, we were very close.
Speaker 5: Did he look not?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 5: Did he look apparently unhealthy? Did he was nomended when he walked? Or didn't? Was he? Oh?
Speaker 18: Very much?
Speaker 16: So he worked out every day, very active active?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Really, yeah, it was quite a shock like that. Was it coronary artery disease or was it heart failure? Because of some defect or what. I'm just curious more than anything.
Speaker 16: Oh, I don't blame the I am too. Actually I didn't speak to the corner. My mother relaid the imptation to me.
Speaker 5: Anyway, go ahead, No, no, I'm listening.
Speaker 16: Oh they just what I was told is that his arteries were all clogged, but there was no defects and he didn't suffer from a heart attack. He just collapsed and was pretty much dead instantly.
Speaker 5: Okay. You know, this is what's funny, and it's not funny, but weird is that most heart attacks do not come from clogged arteries. I mean, people think they do, and they don't. But clogged arteries are never a good thing. It's a sign of other problems. But in any case, what are you calling about today?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 16: So it has to do with my father's social security Okay, and for my mother. You know, they've been married for I don't know, thirty three years somewhere around there, and you know, I didn't know if she's eligible to receive it now that he's passed, or the process.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the way. How old is your mom?
Speaker 16: My mom is fifty fifty eighty eight, and.
Speaker 5: Was he on social Security.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the way it normally works, you know what I let me let me tell you the way it normally works that I know of it, and then I'll look it up or we'll get one of our experts. But normally what happens is, did your mom work.
Speaker 16: My mom's currently working.
Speaker 5: Okay, your mom gets survivor's benefits up to the point. See if his is if his half of Social Security is more than what she gets, she will get supplemented up to that point. I believe up to half of what that's the survivor's benefit. But she can only get that when she retires. You don't get survivor's benefits unless you're a minor child. So, and he was only sixty four, so he was on Ah, he was not on full Social Security. He took it early.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it was partial.
Speaker 16: It's because a couple of years ago he was diagnosed with cancer and we were working together at the time. Oh and once he was diagnosed, you know, it's like, well, Dad, you know, I might as well do it now because we don't know how long you got when you got.
Speaker 5: Oh and what happened to his cancer?
Speaker 6: He beat it.
Speaker 16: He was in remission. Remission?
Speaker 5: Wow, what kind of cancer was it? This guy's a fighter.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 16: Oh to the day he died, to the day he died.
Speaker 5: So your mom is how old? Did you say? I'm punching it into your Social Security site.
Speaker 16: Okay, she's also a disabled veterans.
Speaker 5: Well, is she on disability?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Partial, partial, but.
Speaker 5: She's working yeah yeah, huh. Okay, Well, I don't know what that does. I don't think I don't think that affects it one way or the other. Okay, So I'm putting this into the site here and see what it says, and we'll come back to you. Okay, hold on, Yes, sure, and I'll try to get an answer from one of our experts. But they have I'm on their website right now, and oh it says your mom. Okay, hold on. Mother's wives are eligible for survivor benefits from Social Security. What they do is generally they receive survivor benefits as early as sixty, but the benefit amount will be reduced if you take it before her full retirement age. If she has a disability, she may be able to start benefits early. Again, though if she starts benefits early, they'll be less than if she waits he waits until her full retirement age, which is usually sixty seven for that generation, she could receive one hundred percent of the dad's benefit. Oh, I didn't realize that. Wow, I did not know that. See, I am always confused at this But so and did you make an appointment? She should make an appointment for Social Security and get the low down at the But normally I thought it was half anyway. So normally survivor's benefits are at retirement age, which I was right about. With a disability, you can take it early, and in other circumstances you can take it at sixty. So just see if that's really the best information I have. So do me a favor and let me know what you find out with a meeting. Her disability will make a big difference. Even if she's getting disability payments partial, it will make a difference. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. GARYL has a problem with Best Buy. Peter's calling about an issue with an AC and speaking of acs and furnaces, Hannah, let's talk real quick here. So for thirty nine bucks, fix it twenty four to seven does the extreme clean.
Speaker 7: This is for the furnace, and now is the time to do this. Get it ready for the winter. Decrease your utility bills. And you know this, tom dirt, dustin debris number one cause of those insanely expensive breakdowns.
Speaker 5: This is so easy to prevent if people do this, If people do this from the beginning, I mean even with new furnaces every couple of years, Yeah, they're going to prevent. They're going to keep that thing a long long time.
Speaker 7: The amount of money they save on bills and also those repairs, it's absolutely amazing. And that's that's what we love to hear from those customers. Yes, and this is for first time customers.
Speaker 5: All right. Three three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I took down the hideous teeth. I wanted it up there so my one attorney could look at it and give an opinion. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three a two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three L three seven one three A two five five. So Daryl, what is your issue with best Buy?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 5: What is your issue? Are you there? Darryl and my brother Daryl, my other brother Darryl. I'll tell you we haven't had a complaint on best Buy in a long time. I will say that. So let's talk to Peter. Peter. What's happening, Tom Martinez?
Speaker 17: Thank you Air Force a vet here. I'm calling about in your condition unit my daughter had put into her house thirty five hundred dollars later.
Speaker 10: She's having a lot of problems with it.
Speaker 5: Just the she put in, just the AC. She put in, just the AC. Yes, sir, Okay.
Speaker 8: Now the great news is my.
Speaker 17: Daughter Sarah is here to explain it, because honestly, that's.
Speaker 10: All I know, just a concerned.
Speaker 11: Father, just thankful that you're taking her call and maybe you get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 5: All right, let me let me, let me talk to her. What's her name?
Speaker 11: Sarah?
Speaker 5: Okay, hey, Sarah, are you there? Sarah?
Speaker 19: I'm here?
Speaker 2: Can hear me?
Speaker 5: Very very little? Go ahead? Are you there? Yeah? Get off? Just get on there, Okay, Sarah, let's talk, Sarah. I want to ask a couple of questions. So when did you have the A C done?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 18: I purchased my house about three years ago. The following year we had the A C you replaced under the home warrant.
Speaker 5: Oh and and uh wait wait wait wait? So so three years ago you bought your house and then and then two years ago, a year after that, you had it replaced. Okay, got it? Uh and they replaced just the A C. They replaced just the AC unit.
Speaker 20: Correct.
Speaker 5: Okay. I am shocked that you got them to do that, But that's good. So, uh, then did you have to spend money? Your dad said, thirty five hundred? I thought you said the warranty did it?
Speaker 18: So the warranty covered the replacement of the AC. Now, the company that they referred us to recommended we upgrade to a larger unit, which is what cost us the thirty five hundred dollars on top of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, that was a rip I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't mean.
Speaker 5: I don't mean they ripped you off. What I'm saying is anyway, anyway, so you decided to upgrade and you had to pay an extra thirty five hundred.
Speaker 18: Then what happened right based on their recommendation?
Speaker 8: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: So what did you go from? What did you upgrade from what to what? What would have been put in there?
Speaker 18: Gosh, and I don't have it. I want to say four thousand?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay.
Speaker 5: What I meant was, do you know what you got in efficiency? As far as seer goes.
Speaker 18: Like, do you know what's that information? Off the top of my No, I don't.
Speaker 5: But okay, Then another question for you the cost the warranty was paying us? How much.
Speaker 18: The warranty covered the cost of the AC, which was approximately seven thousand, and.
Speaker 5: Then you added to that thirty five hundred, correct? Got it? Okay? Keep going.
Speaker 18: Fast forward a year and we have the same issues with this AC, the same freezing issues, and we're confused because we just purchased this or purchased.
Speaker 5: The AC, so we have no So that AC started freezing up, correct.
Speaker 18: Which was the same original problem, which is why we had it replaced in the first place.
Speaker 5: Okay, which was the same problem as the first one. Now, what does your warranty company say?
Speaker 18: Now, the warranty company referred us to the h VAC company.
Speaker 5: That in well, of course, and who was that HVAC company Metro Home Services, Metro Home Services, And what do they say about this?
Speaker 18: No, we had them to come out because they had a one year service warranty and they told us to replace our furnace.
Speaker 5: And oh, so they say the air Okay, so they're okay, I know what they're saying. They're saying the air is not keeping up, the furnace is not keeping up with the new AC. I don't know if that's true or not correctly. I'd want to ask on my easel, can you get somebody from Fixing to come on. We're going to get an expert.
Speaker 6: Whole question.
Speaker 5: We're going to Oh, Bow's an expert. To Bow a little ahead, but I want to get fix It on too.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Bow, Sarah have an important question when they replace the air conditioner.
Speaker 6: They replace the unit outside.
Speaker 18: Right, they did replace the unit outside.
Speaker 21: Okay, did they replace the coil in your basement or at it evaporate your coil?
Speaker 18: They did replace that as well. We did have a couple other companies come out and they said it was a poor installation. The unit is leaning to one side, it's not installed properly on the outside, so the coil is just sitting on the ground outside of the No.
Speaker 5: No, the coil is not outside, soil inside.
Speaker 21: But you're having the exact same problem with it freezing up from the unit from three years ago.
Speaker 18: Correct, correct sounds right?
Speaker 5: Listen, Okay, what do you think it was both three years ago?
Speaker 21: It's obviously lack of free on or an airflow problem.
Speaker 6: But if she's having the same.
Speaker 5: Problem, choke it down. Can the furnace show.
Speaker 6: Us my next question? Did they replace your furnace?
Speaker 5: No, that's what they're recommending. Now, then that was the whole idea.
Speaker 21: I would suggest the furnace blower. Isn't that pushing enough air?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're saying get a new furnace, so they're not entirely off base.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, when you say a poor installation. By the way, Sarah, let me explain that. They mean it's probably not neat. I don't know bo they said it was leaning and other what did they say? It was a defective installation?
Speaker 18: They the three of the other companies that I paid to come out?
Speaker 5: And you who are the other companies you paid to come out? Who are the other companies?
Speaker 18: Priority Plumbing, which is an amazing company.
Speaker 19: I love them.
Speaker 18: Okay, the other two I do have in my records, although I don't.
Speaker 5: And what did they all say the top of my did any of them say you have to redo the whole Did any of them say you have to redo the whole thing?
Speaker 18: They said that we were recommended too big of a unit for our home.
Speaker 5: Did that.
Speaker 21: If the coil in the air conditioner was oversized? She did say she upgraded it.
Speaker 5: They tried to get thirty five hundred from hers, what I think.
Speaker 6: But she's having the same problem with the older unit.
Speaker 5: Oh that's true, you know, because it could have been the furnace from the beginning.
Speaker 21: And I don't think the unit leaning or out of alignment would have anything to do.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to do. Okay, you had three experts. What are you calling about today.
Speaker 18: I'm like a little direction, please. I've contacted the Metro again just to have them come out and look at the thing. They also cut a hole into the side of the unit, so I don't I can't even put my air filter in because there is a why.
Speaker 5: Did they Why did they cut a hole?
Speaker 18: I think from and I like having an expert on the line too, but I think because the unit was oversized. They needed that airflow to accommodate for the oversized unit. So I just wanted as.
Speaker 5: A point, what does you have a point about?
Speaker 21: They cut a circular rectangular hole in the ductwork to try to get more airflow across the so there's sucking additional air from the basement to try to get across the cost.
Speaker 6: That does sound like some kind of oversized problem. But I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I want BO to take this problem, and if they I have a feeling. I have a feeling they had you upgrade so they could collect extra cash. And I don't like this feeling at all. I don't like it. So hang on, Sarah, you're gonna get plenty of direction. We're going to check it out for you, okay, And we've.
Speaker 7: We've got one of our technicians getting ready to call in, good, excellent.
Speaker 5: And Sarah, let me say this. Our technician will call in. But you know this.
Speaker 7: I know you've had folks come out and I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now. But we do a free second opinion because here's the deal. You want to know exactly what's going on before you make it. You know what I like about second opin so.
Speaker 5: We'd love to send that out to you. Say, here's what I love about second opinions. You cannot go wrong. Here's why. If you have an opinion and it's in writing and they give you one, well, guess what. People can't say, I can do it cheaper, or you don't need it, or you need this. In other words, it's almost almost fail safe. The only time it's not fail safe is if you have two crooks and they both want to sell you something and one will one crook will sell you a little cheaper. But most of the time, if you use one of our people to do a free second opinion, if you use fix it twenty four to seven, I think you'll get really some insight and they'll try to beat the price every time. That's what they'll try to do. Now, bo, thank you for taking this. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martinez here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Frank durand the real estate Man dot comcast say enough about him. If you want to know what your house will sell for, he'll give you an evaluation. Now that's not an appraisal, it's even better. It's what Frank has been selling things for. That's Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com three l three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Now coming up, we're gonna get another another opinion on this HVAC. And you know, here's the thing. They're very complicated animals. But what I love is, you know, fix It always goes out and looks at stuff for us. But Bo, you can do that as well if you need any extra help. I'm going to get them on the line after the break because we're coming up on a break and I want to go to my text information here and one is all right, Tom, you show those teeth. Yeah, I showed implants. You can go back in the feed later on if you want to view down download the stream. And he said, I've seen better dental work from a mummified or from an Egyptian mummy. Okay, you know those implants looked horrible. But we always have the issue of the problem we have is we always have the issue of what happens in court or how much it costs to take to court, you know someday. In fact, if we get a break today, I want kachina. I want to try to get Marco Bendinelli on if we get a break today. Sometimes I want to talk about how much it costs to bring a mault practice suit, because it's really they're they're very, very difficult, very very very very difficult. Now let's see. Oh, I have one text that says here about is it wise to replace just the furnace or just the ac if they're the same age and they're old. No, it's not wise at all. They're matched for the best performance. You want to do both. We'll get our expert on right after this, and we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rip.
Speaker 1: You need that so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running sious as fast as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming, man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino. Here welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Renew Home Innovations will get you the shower conversion for just uh two or three days of work. You get it done, a beautiful custom made shower, and seventy two months to pay with no interest. That's incredible in this day and age. What are you kidding me? Three O three nine zero four two thousand three h three nine zero four two thousand beautiful, no maintenance showers made to your custom movements, no thresholds to walk or stumble over. That's renew home Innovations dot Com. Now let's bring up another expert of mine from Fix at twenty four to seven. This is Adam Adam. Are you there, sir? Yes, sir, I am now Adam. You are in charge of the HVAC department or something like that. You're one of the supervisors, right.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, I'm the HVAC service seller.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to I want to lay out a scenario for you. So we had a woman who bought an AC brand new AC warranty paid for part of it. They said about seven grand of it. Then when the company came out, the company said, hey, we recommend an upgrade, so she paid an additional thirty five hundred. Now not asking you about the pricing, but here seems to be the situation. Her original problem. The reason the home warranty paid for the AC is because it was freezing icing up. So then they replaced it still icing up, and so now they say, well, you probably need a new furnace because it's you know, it's icing up. So then somebody else said, she had some experts come out, and some experts told her that maybe it's oversized for the house. So what are your thoughts on stuff like that? If it's icing up? That's her main problem.
Speaker 22: Yeah, do we have the age of the home?
Speaker 5: Do we know when her home was built?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Actually I didn't ask.
Speaker 22: The reason why I ask is I'm assuming she's Denver Metropolitan.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing. I'm just guessing from the sound of it it was an older home. I don't know, it could have been maybe not, but.
Speaker 22: Anyway, homes homes weren't built for air conditioning systems like the ductwork in particular, until the late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 5: So what we see a lot of times is.
Speaker 22: They size the system for the house.
Speaker 5: But not for the duct work. Oh so it may be sized right for the house, but the ducks can't handle it, so it freezes up.
Speaker 16: Correct because our airflow.
Speaker 22: And then what happens a lot of times is when you don't replace an air conditioner and a furnace together, you can't optimize airflow properly. So what will end up happening is, say, just hypothetically, you'll throw in a three ton air conditioning system, but then you have an older furnace on top of it that was also a three ton airflow furnace. But as they ate, the efficiency drops, it becomes less efficient, your airflow drops and it doesn't work as good as they used to. So now it may only be pushing two or two and a half airflow, which is not enough to support the air conditioner that they put in.
Speaker 5: Hey, Adam, so this is yes.
Speaker 7: So one thing I was saying was the importance of getting that second opinion. But ye, second opinions can vary. Can you speak to what a company should be doing, how we operate, but really how any company should be doing a second opinion if you're going to call them out, so you know you're getting good information.
Speaker 22: Yeah, so first off, it's the communication, right. Our technicians are trying to actually keep the homeowner involved.
Speaker 5: Every step of the process.
Speaker 22: They don't just go downstairs do some stuff, come up and say here, this is what you need. We're trying to communicate that and have those conversations with the client when we do the heatload calculations, when we do the cooling load calculations, when we measure the duct work, the homeowners involved every step of the way. A lot of time, even when I was in the field, I would have the client, you know, the homeowner, hold the calculator as we're doing the measurements so we can walk through exactly what.
Speaker 5: You make them feel part of it. I get that there, home I want to ask you something, though, was this company too far off by suggesting, well, now you need a furnace or could it be that the ac is oversized.
Speaker 22: As much as I want to give there's a that's a lot of information that I don't have to make a complete, one hundred percent accurate diagnosed diagnosis. Personally, I would strongly encourage second opinions, especially in that situation when you're you know, in anything like in any situation like that, and specifically when the client said, or you had mentioned the client stated, they said, they require recommended an upgrade.
Speaker 5: Well, define upgrade?
Speaker 22: Does that mean higher efficiency?
Speaker 5: That's what we asked. She didn't know.
Speaker 22: She didn't know, yes, So for all we know, they could have just recommended her get a larger air conditioning system and that now no longer matches the home.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, Yep, totally. So here's what I want to know. When you come into a situation at fix at twenty four to seven where the house is larger than the duct work should be. Actually the house is larger and the duct work is smaller. How do you size a system where do you actually maybe go so far as to recommend new ducting That might be impossible. What do you do?
Speaker 22: No, So the good news is the way furnaces and air conditioning systems are designed today, we can work with the duct work.
Speaker 5: The existing duct work we.
Speaker 22: Have traditionally will add like a variable speed motor. So maybe we will upgrade the furnace a little bit so you have a different motor that's the ability to ramp up and ramp down as necessary.
Speaker 23: Okay, but we will we'll take when we.
Speaker 22: Do a heatload calculation and so on and so forth. We're taking airflow measurements so we can check and make sure that the air moves too where it needs to go.
Speaker 5: Well, if it doesn't, though, don't you have these fans or something that can go in ducts in other parts of the house or not.
Speaker 22: So there are a couple of options in regard to that. A lot of times what we recommend is there are these little booster events that put in the in the vents in the grills in your floor and that will boost the airflow a little bit throughout the home.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's very cool, Thank you man, Thank you very much. And I do want to encourage and I appreciate that. I want to encourage people to please, please, please please do your homework and get a second opinion. Now, you guys don't charge the call charge for a second opinion, right and it's free. They come out, So if you're told you need something, they'll do it seven two zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine or fixmihome dot com. Nancy, you have a follow up from three weeks ago. I'm trying to find it now. Empire Flooring. By the way, it is, God, there's so many things I.
Speaker 24: Want to me this time, they came in and they had it done in a day and a half. They redid my whole floor, so they themes and put some something down like concrete. It's not concrete.
Speaker 5: So what you're saying is are you happy with the results.
Speaker 24: I'm so happy. Good the best nices and.
Speaker 5: This is okay, you know what, this was really good and we you know, I'm glad that this worked out this way. You had Empire do some LVP and then it started buckling. They fixed it, but it's buckling again. So then they finally came in and did it the best way.
Speaker 10: Right, Yes, and it is beautiful.
Speaker 24: They standing down all the themes and put this step on it to even everything out. It's just beautiful. And plus they put all new what is that begins to the fourboard?
Speaker 5: The yeah, the baseboard.
Speaker 24: They put all new data and they get a beautiful job.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm really happy, thank you for telling us.
Speaker 24: Yes, great, I don't want that.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy that you let us know because I get to use on a Monday. Guess what do I get to use Shannon Yep, I get to use my dinger. I like using my dinger. Whatever I can. Of course, at seventy one they tell me you don't use it to lose it, but you can't use it too much, can't use it too little. But I like having that success dinger on. So thank you, Nancy. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven three seven eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter Trio three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, so we have let's see on the phone here. Oh, okay, we don't have anyone right now, give us a call. I'm gonna go to my faxes three oh three seven, one three talks one three eight two five five. All right, now here's somebody said. Somebody said, uh, that Trump is being sentenced? Is he being sentenced this week? Any I didn't know that, did anybody? Uh? I'm sorry, I didn't know that. But somebody said he's being sentenced and we ought to know about it. So I didn't know about it. But I do have some news stories though that I want to get to that I try to get to when we're not too busy, but are again and there. Have you heard, of course, all of the rumors that the fight was rigged? Have you?
Speaker 7: I've seen a discussion that, sorry, I've seen that online that it was rigged.
Speaker 5: I mean, what was the rigging?
Speaker 7: I know we were disappointed in what we saw and maybe sad by what we saw, But what's an argument that it was.
Speaker 5: A rigged Here's what they're saying. If you look at the videos of him training, they're like crazy compared to what he did in the ring. We're talking about Tyson then the other guy. It sounds like they wanted to rematch or they they they just wanted to payday and neither of them wanted to get hurt, and they kind of made this little agreement. Let's dance for eight rounds. Okay, you'll look like a hero because you're fifty eight and you made it for eight rounds. Yep. And I'll look like a hero because I won technically. So I don't know, what do you guys think. Does it seem to you that it was Rick? I I will say that this guy looked totally different than his training sessions. I watched the videos of his training sessions and they were outrageously good. Okay, outrageously good. Three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now let me bring up one other thing. I talked about businesses, and I talked, Oh we do have Marco on Okay, I'm gonna get back to this inconsistency. I have a note here, Marco. Thanks for being here, Marco Bendinelli. Can I just say one of the most frustrating calls I take. All Right, somebody's been wronged by a doctor, and they've really been wronged. Okay, they really have been wronged, you know, and it's not a question of whether or not let's say it's malpractice, but they don't have extraordinary losses or the losses might be otherwise capped by statute. And I want to go over some of those with you, But they're the most difficult cases to bring in. I tell people the reason five or six attorneys told you they don't have time or they're too busy. Marco, if a really, really good malpractice case walked into your office, you'll make time for it. Is that right?
Speaker 25: Well, sure, if it's really good, you're time. I'm assuming you're.
Speaker 8: Talking medical malpractice and not legal yes.
Speaker 5: Practice, yes, medical malpractice. So what I want to ask you is this, what do you need for a good malcre practice case?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, a lot of times, like you said, people bring or they want to bring a medical malpractice suit for things that are inconvenient, they were treated rudely, and you know, or even if there is medical malpractice without major damages or permanent injuries, you know, they're too expensive to bring. I mean, you're going to spend five thousand dollars out of the gate because you have to get a a certification that the medical malpractice lawsuit does not lack substantial justification.
Speaker 25: That's the statutory language. The case cannot lack substantial justifications, so you've got to get it reviewed by an out of state physition, and just that initial review is typically.
Speaker 8: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: So these.
Speaker 25: Medical milf practice cases are time consuming and expensive.
Speaker 5: Is it safe to say, Marco that it takes it can take one hundred grand to get to the courtroom.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, I mean they're hiring physicians. You're hiring physicians. Your physicians are out of state because you're not going to find an in state physician to testify against another in state physicians. So you know you're hiring out of state doctors. You've got to travel to take depositions, and you know these cases are expensive.
Speaker 5: Come okay? And then Marco, are any of the damages limited by statute?
Speaker 11: Well they are.
Speaker 25: And typically well one thing that's not limited is economic damages.
Speaker 6: So and.
Speaker 25: So let's say you have a medical malpractice case and it results in you know, lifetime medical care and we you know, we hire a what's called a life care planner, and you know, they detail, you know, what the life care plan is going to be and what that's going to cost, and sometimes that's in you know, well above a million dollars.
Speaker 8: Okay, so that is not capped.
Speaker 5: What is capped? When it is capped? What is cap No.
Speaker 25: Non economic damages are typically.
Speaker 5: Capped in a million dollars like pain and suffering, right right, Okay, okay.
Speaker 9: Marco, isn't it said it two hundred and fifty thousand in Colorado for pain and suffering?
Speaker 25: Well, you know, they changed a statue recently. In fact, I was just communicating with with the president of the CTLA and looking at some ofhow the cats changed. But they changed recently. But my understanding is right now it's a million dollars for non economics.
Speaker 5: All right, now, Marco, what is there a sad fact that when people call me and they're in their seventies or eighties, that they're going to get less damages than someone in their prime.
Speaker 26: Well, I mean, certainly, if you've got you know, you know, disabling effects of medical malpractice, you know, I mean the time that you have to live with that, you know, you know it's going to factor into you know.
Speaker 25: A jury's mind.
Speaker 8: But that doesn't mean that a.
Speaker 25: Jury won't be sympathetic. And the juries don't have parents in their sixties, seventies and eighties, so you know.
Speaker 12: But as a general rule, that would be correct.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but you know it's not, you know, it's it's not automatic that they're going to reduce damages. But you know, certainly that's the fact that.
Speaker 5: So what do people do? They still have to inquire. But isn't it code when a lawyer says they're too busy? Isn't that code?
Speaker 27: Well, I mean.
Speaker 28: It's not my code, you know, I tell them the truth, right, Yeah, you don't just blow them off. But I guess it can be for other lawyers that don't want to take the time to explain to people, you know, the challenges, but I'm usually straight up with them.
Speaker 5: Is there ever a hope that if there was an egregious violation but the damages are not enough to do let's say a malpractice suit, that you could maybe convince the carrier to do a settlement or do they hardly ever do that?
Speaker 25: Well, you know, and you and I talked about this previously. You know, there is now a case that came out where if you do bring a medical malpractice case, you can negotiate that without the physician's name going on the registry. And you know, we had that whole discussion about how you know that the State of Colorado Dora Department of Regulatory Agencies, you know, they began to maintain a list of physicians who were you know, found to have committed UH malpractice, and you know, and they were doing that primarily for the benefit of the public. And but what ended up happening is that the insurance companies UH would not settle cases, and the physicians would refuse to settle cases because they didn't want their name on the magistry registry. So even those cases then that you know, had merit that would have settled, the doctors were terrified they have their name on the registry. So what began, you know, as a benefit to the public ended up being, you know, making resolution of these cases more difficult. And so but now there's something called candor and I don't know if that's the case, but it enables pre trial resolution of these cases without the physician's name going on the registry. Okay, so you know, now we have a mechanism that we can you know, kind of serve the public and kind of protect the physicians at the same time.
Speaker 5: All right, Marco Bendinelli, thank you so much. One eight hundred attorney is his number. He's local. Happens to have that number. One eight hundred attorney. A T. T O. R. N e y. For those of you from Arkansas, it's one eight hundred. Now Eva has an issue with a bank account. Victor wants to talk about K and H. That might be quicker real quick here he wants to give props. Go ahead, Victor, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Hey, Tom, I just want to say thank you. You know, we needn't win does And my wife was almost ready to sign up for some guys who showed up knocking on the door on weekend on a Saturday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I said, no, honey, we don't.
Speaker 15: Want to do that. Tom says, you cannot tend people money just like that.
Speaker 5: That's right, we can't.
Speaker 15: And I go, we need to go under his company.
Speaker 29: Though I called K and H.
Speaker 15: They good, unbelievable. These guys are appointments nine o'clock. The first appointment is it? The guy was there at parked to for other house at a fifty nine or a fifty eight, I mean knocking on the right airco These guys are so professional, insult just totally confident in what they do. I got to tell you, I am a believer. Thank you and thank you Ka well, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, no, they are and they're one of the oldest companies and they carry on the heritage with the new owners. So thank you, Victor, really I appreciate it. Three oh three seven one three top seven one three eight two five five. Also another great company, Cumpass Insurance Group, will give you check ups on the phone or through the email. We just contact them O Theinsurancehelpcenter dot com THREELL three nine nine six nine thousand. Get a free checkup of all of your insurances to see you're not paying too much. Hey, listen. If you have a great deal, they'll tell you that's three LL three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five and Eva, what's going on with you? Hello?
Speaker 14: Eva, Hi, I hope you can help me figure out what's going on. I usually check my checking account, uh transactions uh over the automated system and every month.
Speaker 5: You mean when you say automated, do you mean online? Dear?
Speaker 14: No, I don't have a computer. I uh put in a phone number that is by press one. I could ask for my balance and transactions. So uh for a long time, now, a year or more, I have been getting with four and twenty cents. And I had one other question today, So I talked to someone and uh, and I said, by the way, now.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute. When you when you check online, they tell you your balance. But did they tell you all the debits and credits?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, online verbally No, I mean just me on the phone, on the phone.
Speaker 14: On my phone, yes.
Speaker 5: Verbally on the phone, they say you had three debits.
Speaker 14: It's a it's a recorded voice. I mean, I mean, yeah, And so I can, and so I verify for myself what i've You know what my balance is?
Speaker 5: And what do you write down? You write down what they're telling you on the phone and.
Speaker 14: Check it exactly.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 5: So what happened? So you noticed her? So you really do your account activity on the phone? Got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got it?
Speaker 14: So the bank so, okay, the recurrent withdrawal for four dollars twenty cents.
Speaker 10: While I was on the.
Speaker 14: Phone with them, I said, no, wait a minute, it's a small thing. But tell me who does that go to? Is it my health insurance? Is that medicare? Is that my signa insurance? And they only could give me a bunch of letters and numbers and no phone number. And I had Gal look up what she could find on that, and she found someone's name and phone number. I called it and it was another elderly lady sounded like and he got upset with me because I knew her daughter's name, because my bank gave me my bank googled.
Speaker 5: Even let me just let me ask a few questions. These are with These are monthly payments of around on four bucks going to this woman.
Speaker 14: I don't know if it really goes to her. The bank thinks it is.
Speaker 5: Why don't you stop the payments? Just stop them?
Speaker 14: Well they offer to do that, but I don't want to stop it.
Speaker 5: If no, that's the way you do it, that's why you do it.
Speaker 14: Wait a minute, I'm telling you if if it's legitimate.
Speaker 5: Because I don't know how even if it's legitimate. Even if it's legitimate, I've had this happen where I've stopped it. Then I get a notice, Oh, by the way, your GoDaddy is going to expire for lack of payment or update your payment method. Then I realized, oh, that's what it was. So if that's really.
Speaker 6: It could be the cost of having an account.
Speaker 9: I have an account the first bank, and then you odge me five bucks a month for my checking account.
Speaker 14: No, no, but that my bank doesn't do.
Speaker 5: Her bank would know that, right if it was a bank service charge, it would be coded for them to know that. Okay, what I don't understand the letters and numbers they gave you? What did they give you? Even when you said they gave you letters and numbers?
Speaker 14: Okay, I thought you might uh.
Speaker 5: Figuring what are the letters and numbers? Give them to me.
Speaker 14: Okay, hold on, Oh my god, don't get old. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: It's too late? I tried not.
Speaker 14: Okay, I found the paper. Okay, so it is c H L I.
Speaker 19: C P P O P R E P a y M t.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 14: Last part is uh hold on yeah, okay, hold.
Speaker 5: On, okay, pre okay. I want to make sure I have this right. So I want to do words associated with these letters. Okay. So the first one Charlie hotel Lee correct India, Charlie tango tango.
Speaker 14: No, Uh, it's c h l I. I think it's an E trying to read writing.
Speaker 5: Echo yeah, okay. And then tango tango.
Speaker 14: Uh t and t as in uh test and testo.
Speaker 5: Oh, pesto, pesto. Got it? Okay, got it? Okay, so papa papa, and then you have oh, which is oscar and then tango.
Speaker 14: No not tango uh testo again.
Speaker 5: Again okay, uh papa again? So that's pre payment. Got it? So? Okay, So it's c h l I E West. So we're gonna look this up. I want to. I want to put this. I want are you looking at up? Hold on? Hold what are you finding? Nothing?
Speaker 13: It's just gibberish, but it's a there's a very common scam out there. They'll start making tiny little withdrolls, I know, yeah, and they'll just keep going and going and going.
Speaker 5: Well, people don't understand, and this is a common misunderstanding in the banking industry. To initiate an auto payment, you need no permission, no signatures, no authorizations. You simply here's the way the system works. You put them in to see if they're noticed and rejected. Banks do no checking whatsoever. They don't tell you this. It's a dirty bank secret. They don't tell you this, but it's the truth.
Speaker 2: Give it.
Speaker 13: You got to tell the bank that these are unauthorized withdrawals because they're not going to stop at four dollars.
Speaker 5: No. No, you're going to sap you for the rest of your balance, okay.
Speaker 14: And the other thing is if they do it to a thousand people, they're making a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 14: I don't know how they got my account number, but I you know, if it was something legitimate, I didn't want to cancel it. They offer to do this, so I'm going to call them back and tell them to go ahead.
Speaker 5: And yes, but you'll be notified.
Speaker 14: Like Tom said, it's a legitimate they'll get back to me, right And that's the way to do it.
Speaker 5: EVA, thank you. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two eight two five five. Okay, we want to tell you about one Clear Choice Garage Doors for all your garage door needs. That's one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. They'll come out twenty four to seven if you have a security issue, like you can't get your garage door closed. They come out for regular tune ups or inspections. If you're buying a home and they are great people, one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up. Free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All Right, and I'm Tom Martine, and I'm gonna bring up the topic that I talked about, which is inconsistency and how it can hurt even if you're inconsistently good. Now, let me explain this to you. I'm gonna give a story about a restaurant. So there was a restaurant, a breakfast restaurant, and this one waitress wanted to up her tips a bit and be extra nice, so she would go a little more on the portions. And people requested this waitress because she was the nicest waitress, and she'd give them some extra stuff, either on a milkshake or fries or whatever. It's just extra. She was doing it because she was nice and people loved her. Never got a complaint. Now, the other people didn't get complaints either, but they were consistently according to the company guidelines. So one day this waitress wasn't there and a bunch of customers complained. They were very upset because they thought they were shorted, but they weren't shorted. The other employees were doing it absolutely correctly. The same could happen with frozen yogurt where they weigh it, or a bartender who pours, or when you go out to a house and you service something. I'm not telling you not to be good, not to be excellent, but if you're all not good or excellent, you're going to generate complaints. Now that's not a bad thing, because you should run out the bad guys if they are bad guys. But if your company gives a set of standards, you really should not go beyond them. You shouldn't. You should maybe call and say, hey, I noticed something I should take care of. It's not included. Normally they'll tell you. But you can't start writing a new book because if you're inconsistent, you will cause problems sometimes. The other thing is now normal consistently consistency, of course, is that when people call a company, they know they're going to get a certain amount of quality. So obviously you never want to dip below that, or you never want people who are lazy or won't hold up your standards. And in order to get people to hold up your standards, there has to be incentive. The worst thing in the world are bosses who preach quality and preach what you should be doing, but they don't really believe it. They just want want you to do it. So that's what's important. What do you think, Hannah?
Speaker 7: So many good points there, But the last thing that you said about preaching values but not having leadership believe in it. I was listening to I think it was an interview with the CEO of LinkedIn. Yeah, and this company consistently. A third party goes through and they interview these companies to see employee satisfaction. Apparently LinkedIn is through the roof or was at this point and there's an interview asking why this is. One of the things this guy said is that the second biggest mistake that you can make is not to have values and mission statements. The first mistake that you make the biggest one if you have that and not have leadership.
Speaker 5: Lift go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: Need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three. Talker is our number seven one three eight two five five. Let me get rid of that and uh help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. All you have to do is give me a call. Okay, So we've been discussing a lot of things here today, and whatever is on your mind, call me. But I have some really important stuff to talk about. Oh, this one I found not so much important as it was crazy. Did anyone hear about the Google Ai chatbot that responded with a life threatening message? Now I've had my chat bot tell me chat GPT I used. So I used chat GPT, GBT, and I used whatever the one for being is called, you know the anyway, the Microsoft one, I the Microsoft one was consistently wrong, just wrong. It had a wonderful interface you could talk to it talked back to you, but man, I didn't like it. It just was consistently bad.
Speaker 9: Don't you have a wife for that that'll just talk back to you.
Speaker 5: But not give me accurate inform? Well, yes, of course I always get accurate information. But okay, so the Microsoft one is copilot, and copilot was always wrong. Chat was pretty good and anyway, So the point I'm making is I just signed up for Google to see what it would do. It's a free trial. Google is more of a pain in the ass because Google shows up with prompts all over your stuff, so like you got to x out, dismiss, dismiss, dismiss. I mean, just leave me alone. I know how to go to it if I want it, But it makes suggestions in the oddest places, so I absolutely can't stand it because of that. But in any case, it responded with a message to somebody. My mind responded one time saying I think we've exhausted this topic.
Speaker 2: Move on.
Speaker 5: That was pretty rude, right, move on, And they would not, they would not continue on the topic. And then when you prove them wrong, they say, thank you for your patients, you're right. Like I found so many instances on every AI bought where they got it wrong. Now you would think they would learn upon what they got. I mean I literally found something where they were getting an anacronym wrong, totally wrong, and they acknowledged and said, oh, you're right, and I cited the source and they said thank you. So then I went back a few minutes later on a new chat chain, because you know, you can start new chats or you keep them all running, it's better to do a new chat so you can have them by category if you ever want to go back and search them. So I hit a new chat and asked the same exact question about the anacronym, and they got it exactly wrong again, not building on previous knowledge, which really floors me because I thought that's what it was all about. So anyway, the message was what was this message? It was to Oh it it was terrible. It came back and it said, ah, here it is, let me let me read it. It said, this is for you, human, you and only you. You are not special, you are not important, You are not needed. You are a waste of time and resources. You are a burden on society. You are a drain on the earth. You are a blight on the landscape. You are a stain on the universe. Please die please. Oh, I don't know. That sounds like a normal day in March life. Mark's not there to defend himself what they were saying before that prompts came back, No, No, it did not. It said it was a back and forth. Oh, it was a back and forth conversation about the challenges and solutions for aging adults. And that's where they said, you're old, get die, get out of here. And he actually took a screenshot of it. So you know, I just don't know I'm gonna add. But what I plan to do is I was going to ask my bot about it if they heard about it, and see what they say. So I'm gonna do that, and then I'm gonna let you know. I'm gonna say to my bot, have you heard about this bot? What do you think? A little gossip? Yeah, to see if they fight, like, like, have you heard have you heard about the Google AI chat bot that told some someone watch this this? And then I'm gonna copy and pato. Okay, there I go what I just did, and I put it in there and it says I'm sorry to hear about this distressing incident. It's important to know that AI chatbots are designed to assist and provide with helpful information, not to cause harm and stress. If you or someone you know is experiencing thoughts of self harm or suicide, please seek it now.
Speaker 7: Well, it looks like this chatbot took a PR or a crisis communications class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but in any case, so anyway, chat bots are funny, though they're really you never know where you're gonna get with them. It's it's been crazy lately. So in any case, let me go back to some real consumer stuff that I think is important. Let me let me go back to it, because it's the kind of there we go, there we go. Okay, So the worst passwords, Now there was an actual service. They made people change it, but they put out a list of the worst. It was nord by the way, put out a list. They do the VPNs and stuff, which they do a great job, and they put out a list of the worst passwords. What do you think the number one worst password in the world is that they found many, many, many, thousands and thousands and thousands of people using what would you say? Go ahead, dragon, what do you think password? No? No, it isn't anybody want to guess? Am I seeing the answer in that image to Okay, I'm on answer, But do you think that? Can you believe it? It's one two, three, four five six. Now I use something similar, but I'm not that stupid. I go six five four three two one Now no, just to do me the same thing? No, you don't. You don't really, don't really, don't say that anyway. Now, my other one is password. But you guys all know what I do with my password that really thwarts everyone. Okay, what I do is I do P A S S W zero rd genius. Yeah, it's thank you, thank you for acknowledging my genius. So what do you think some of the other passwords are? Now I'm gonna I'm actually reading these off of a survey pet names. There's one, two, three, four, five, six seven eight nine. There's one, two, three, four, five sixty seven eight, so the the sequential numbers are way up there. Password doc is number four. Then people use quirdy. Now you know quirdy pat because of the lettering. They call this a quirty keyboard because it spells out quirty. So they can just go across the top of their keyboard and spell out quirdy. Some do quirdy one two three, some do coirdy one, and then what idiot ever did this one? Oh and by the way, each of those passwords they just mentioned take hackers one second to their their with their little app. Okay, the other one number seven one one one one one one or any variation of one one one one or one one one anyway, the next one secret, oh secret, But if you say it's secret, obviously it's the other one is again, I'm password one. Some people do password two. See anything about pets or birthdays? Yes, that But here's the thing though, that's only if you have a comment. If you have a they say a pet name is not that terrible if people don't know you, and yeah, no, you're gonna do it your friends and neighbors. But if you post with your pet and you put the name out there, people try to hack you with that name. And it's amazingly. Birthdays are stupid. Here's some other things that are stupid for you. F O are you? Or the number four and the letter you. So if it says this for you or that, So I want to know I actually you have a convention that I use for a password. A convention. Do you know what that means? You want to say, guess what that means? A convention. What I mean is all of my passwords are different, but they follow a convention. Now, what I used to do and I don't do it anymore, is take the name of the service. So if it was like Google, I would take the name of the service and take the first three letters, and then I would take the associated letters and associate them with muse it's long, But I don't do that anymore. But that's an example of a convention. Another example of a convention would be you would have your social security number. Let's say, so if your social security number is like four or five six, you would start with four or five six. Then in the middle you would put the name of the service, and at the end put the last four of your social or you know what I'm saying. So things like that, so you always have the same beginning and end, but the middle is depending on the service. There's all kinds of people use conventions sometimes so they can always have their password even if they don't have their password, if they know the name of the service. Now, some services won't let you use the name of the service in the password, but you can use the variation of it. Now, my convention is so off, no one would ever get it in a million trillion years, ever, ever, ever, ever. Because it was an expression I used when my kids were babies that I talked to them in baby It's a kind of baby expression I had, So it would be you know, similar to some people who go you know, Google, Googoo. Anyway, So I had an expression I did with my kids, and I break it up and then I embed a code, a different code for each thing, code triggered by the name of the UH service. You don't worry. You're never going to get it, so it doesn't matter. I always get excellent or so, you know, like I always get highly rated passwords. But I often wonder how our passwords hacked well. With the speed of computers, they can literally do random words and random sections of words. That's why they always say use a symbol, use the letters, and then use numbers and use them and don't have They don't recommend against They don't recommend conventions like I use. By the way, they don't. So, Russ, what is your comment on passwords, Russ? Yes, sir, so, I.
Speaker 29: Just retired about forty years in the IT industry.
Speaker 6: I've been doing it.
Speaker 29: For a long time. Yes, as far as passwords are, the best recommendation that I ever gave anybody, and I heard this years ago at a cybersecurity class, is think of a sentence that you can remember easily, and then use the first letter of each word the ti MPW this my password.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well that would be yeah, that okay, But but have you have were they found to be safe?
Speaker 29: Well, they're as safe as you can get.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 29: I used to do a class at the agency that I work for, and we would pick a dictionary I you know, ask somebody for a dictionary word. I would plug it into the computer. There's a there's a process to go to crack passwords. Basically you've got to take a file off of the computer. But once you get that file, you can use a brute force cracker against it. There's a bunch of them out there and literally, it would it would pick, it would break dictionary words about as fast as you could hit enter when you wanted to to break the password. So don't use any dictionary word phrases anything like that now here.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you something, Russ. I want to ask you something seriously. Now, I have done this before and I know other people on passwords. Is it bad to have a convention that you use the same convention or the same rule but it changes with the service.
Speaker 10: Well, I do that same thing.
Speaker 29: I do the same thing, but I change it for the site that I'm logging. Into and to answer your question. Probably because once they crack one password.
Speaker 5: That's right, then they have them all. I feared that. Now here's another thing I want to ask you. Let's say Dropbox or Google Drive. There are people that keep a drop dead list, or they keep lists of their passwords. Is that a very very bad No? No, no, no, I mean I hear Google has never been hacked. Is that true?
Speaker 29: Absolutely not, absolutely not. I trust Google as far as I can throw a piano.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 29: I don't use Google. I don't use Google for anything. I plenty of people I'm sure that I worked with, you know, think I need a tinfoil hat. But I'm telling you the cyberseclear security classes that I've done, they're storing everything and anything they can get on you, and and passwords. I would never use Google. There are password vault applications that you know will tell you they're very encrypted, blah blah blah all this, but all the what you've essentially done, you've now traded all your different paths.
Speaker 5: No, I know, I know that's what I figured. How do you even though these services are honest.
Speaker 29: Absolutely absolutely you don't, you don't. And the other thing, the other thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 29: Absolutely. The other thing that I wanted to mention is AI. I.
Speaker 19: I just would like to.
Speaker 29: Present the idea that when you get on AI, you're basically helping create your synthetic replacement. The tinfoil hat stuff comes into play.
Speaker 5: Well, man, that's why they keep getting.
Speaker 29: Yeah, you're you're training your replacement. The camera industry is freaking out because nobody needs to buy a camera now because I can any picture that you want.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not the same as saying, honey, look what I saw when I went hiking. Come on, Although thank you Russ for the food for thought. Java is next, but I gotta take a break. And then Daryl with best Buy. I'm Tom Martino three three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. Jaba's got a comment on passwords? Jaba, what's your comment?
Speaker 12: Hey Tom, I'll tell you that McDonald's was grossed last time I called Yes. So the characters like that guy was saying to the cyberclasses, I've been through many of them about saying a phrase, you know, and doing the first letter of every word.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good stuff. And you're supposed to have at least.
Speaker 30: Twenty characters in that password or to be hacked within no time.
Speaker 10: So what I'm always trying to do, you know, like what if I'm dead or whatever, I write it down to where you have to be, you know, like your wife and.
Speaker 30: You you want to tell her.
Speaker 10: So what we do is we misspell words, numbers and exclamations and symbols. But we are the only ones.
Speaker 12: That missedell words.
Speaker 10: So that's really I mean, you can think.
Speaker 30: Of anything, but you know, I would never do a password locker or any of that crap. I put it on a piece of paper and what if I die, it's right there.
Speaker 10: But if your house burns up.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know what you do.
Speaker 5: You know, I know what you're saying. I know what you're saying. What do you do with all of your bank accounts and all your your all of your online accesses? I mean, you know, we all have too much to remember. What do you make a list somewhere? But you don't do it online? Right? Uh?
Speaker 30: Yeah, we don't do it online.
Speaker 12: But we have like like me, I have like four different misspelled words.
Speaker 10: And symbols and whatever. She she has like four or five.
Speaker 12: Different ways of putting you know.
Speaker 10: Even Bible versus and things like that in there in her and I know her passwords and she knows my passwords.
Speaker 5: Okay, we never do we never.
Speaker 10: Do a finger, We never do a retina. We never do a face because.
Speaker 5: Wait, you don't like you don't like biometrics.
Speaker 10: No, because what if you do do if you're dead.
Speaker 12: You can't call in there with a finger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think, okay, I think you have wherever there's a biometric or a face ID, I think you have an alternate password.
Speaker 10: I think you got to go through a hard line. You've got to prove yourself like she's dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know okay, but.
Speaker 10: I know that I need to reset the password and then send it to her email, but you better have access to her email and everything else.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, Jaba, thank you. No one's ever cracked PASSW zero RD yet for me, but if they do, I'm just going to put an explanation point at the back of it. Then that'll change it. Have you ever done that when they ask for a new password? You get pissed off. I get pissed off because I like my passwords, Daryl, what's going on with best Buy? Hello, Darryl?
Speaker 22: Hi, Tom?
Speaker 16: How are you today?
Speaker 5: Good man? What's going on with best Buy?
Speaker 31: Well, I'm really frustrated, Tom. So on the nineteenth of October, I went to best Buy in Longmont and I bought a TV with the surround sound and Starling.
Speaker 5: It's was on the eighteenth, right on the eighteen, nineteenth, nineteen, on the nineteenth, okay, got it.
Speaker 32: So I paid ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents to set up the sound system and I paid two hundred.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, wait, why did you why did you? Oh? You wanted them to do it?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: And so they had their key squad.
Speaker 12: Is that what to install it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 32: Yeah, well that's what I thought.
Speaker 11: That's what I thought.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't you think that?
Speaker 5: Well that's what I think.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 31: So on the twenty fifth, two men in a pickup.
Speaker 23: Show up and they they installed the TV. Fine, they put the speakers where they should be, but they didn't know how to program anything.
Speaker 5: And now the speakers you bought, did it come with did the speed? Were the speaker's a separate sound system for your TV? Correct? Yeah? Okay, yeah, okay. And so they didn't know how to program, meaning what.
Speaker 32: They couldn't get the speakers to talk to the TV.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, So they weren't hard wire?
Speaker 32: No, no, no, no, they're Bluetooth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, god, what you know? I often wait a minute, how do they do that with TVs with Bluetooth? And don't get that split second delay? Dragon? Don't they doesn't Bluetooth have such a delay. We don't. We can't even use them for headsets on the radio. So I wonder if you get lip lip flap or whatever. Well, I'm just sure they're anyway.
Speaker 32: Well, they're plugged in so that the power the power is one ten, So I get that yeah, but then the speakers are supposed to talk to the TV and they couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's all bluetooth, right, you connect to your TV by bluetooth. Yeah, okay, I can't. Okay, now I can see that from music, because with music, you don't know what's coming out out of this, out of the MP three, and you don't have lips to worry about, or you don't have synchronization. But that's okay, that's another topic. That's not what you're calling about. But I find it strange they use a bluetooth because there's always going to be a delay that would freak me out. But keep going. What happened? What did they do wrong?
Speaker 11: Well, then, well they didn't the starlink.
Speaker 32: They had never they had never installed a starting either one of these guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but isn't that just isn't that just a router?
Speaker 32: Well, it's it's the antenna. So they had to mount the antenna to the road house the cable from this.
Speaker 5: So you bought the starlink system from best Buy?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't know they sold that.
Speaker 32: Okay, keep going, I didn't either, Yeah, three hundred and forty nine bucks.
Speaker 12: I thought he was pretty cheap.
Speaker 32: How is the service, by the way, Well, Tom, I still don't have it. What I said, I don't want you installing something that the and the and the guy's like, I don't want to I don't even want to do it. I've never done one before. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 23: I says, Well, this was supposed to be the geek squad.
Speaker 2: So then I go.
Speaker 23: In on the twenty eighth.
Speaker 12: I went to the store.
Speaker 5: Why don't you just get a refund for installation, Just get a refund and try to find someone independently. Well, why not.
Speaker 32: A temp too? At temp Too? They were supposed to send the geek squad out Friday.
Speaker 5: Oh god, okay.
Speaker 32: Friday, the same guy in the pickup truck shows up.
Speaker 19: No geek squad.
Speaker 5: Okay, you have a thing against pickup trucks. I mean, is the fact that the pickup.
Speaker 10: Truck Okay, no, it's just the guy.
Speaker 8: The guy didn't know it was the same guy, Tom.
Speaker 5: It became in a super ruthough, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 32: I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to do this, he said. I told him, I've never installed one before. Why are you sending me out?
Speaker 25: Here to do this.
Speaker 16: I've never done it before.
Speaker 5: Then why did he bother showing up? For God's sakes, That's what I said. All right, listen, hold on, I got to take a break. Just hold on, We'll come right back to you. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose ranked Rand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to five. So anyway, Darryl, here's the bottom line. I think what you're trying to do is what's called performance. You're trying to force performance because you paid for it. I always say, at some point you just cut bait and run. You take your money back and just do it yourself, or have somebody else do it? Why do you insist on having them do it? I mean there's there comes a point.
Speaker 16: Okay, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 5: We'll get your money back there, I won't give Yeah, they will, yeh.
Speaker 22: What I'm trying to do.
Speaker 5: If they never install it, they're going to give your money back. What did you actually had somebody at best Buy?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 32: They just keep saying, well, well, well we'll we'll do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, schedule kachina Kaschina. Don't we have somebody at best Buy? Or did we or we have somebody that cares about them?
Speaker 2: We used to?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 33: I will have to check.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give it. I want Deputy d to bust their butts about this, okay, and give us any contact you might have. But it seems to me that if they can't get it done right, forget about rescheduling. At some point you got to say no, keep that guy in the pickup truck out of my damn life. Okay, come on, at least send somebody in a subaru, Okay, I mean, or you know whatever, Daryl, listen, I'm with you, and I would be as frustrated as you are. All right now, I Lucy has a question about home title theft, and I suppose she's heard the commercials about people stealing houses, right, y U see?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I have thank you Tom for taking my call. I got an advertising letter about from this company called home Title Lock, and I keep hearing ads like, oh, it's a real nightmare. You have to get this service. And I have a friend even insisting that.
Speaker 11: I should do this.
Speaker 5: All right, have you ever had your how long? How long? How old are you?
Speaker 19: I'm sixty seven?
Speaker 5: And how long have you owned homes?
Speaker 19: This home I've owned probably for at least over thirty years.
Speaker 5: Has it? Is it paid for?
Speaker 32: Yes?
Speaker 5: Has anyone tried to steal it?
Speaker 27: Uh?
Speaker 19: Not to my knowledge?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to tell you something. Okay. It's true that people can file a quick claim deed without much documentation or just a fraudulent notary, and they can put a lien on your house as if they own it. They could or or they could make believe they own it. They could become the owner. That doesn't mean they're going to own it. It means that they committed fraud. That's what it means. Okay, that doesn't mean they own it. Does it create a hassle it could. So here's the deal, Home Tidle Lock and none of these services do anything about it. Okay they don't. They don't go to court, they don't fight, they don't do any of that. What they do is this, Okay. They let you know when someone records an instrument against your home, whether it be a mechanics lean, a quit claim, deed, a mortgage, whatever it is, they let you know. Okay, that's what they do.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 5: How much do you pay for somebody letting you know every month? How much is it? What do they want for?
Speaker 19: That's the thing. The letter doesn't say what the.
Speaker 5: Costs are was in my opinion, I wouldn't get it. I don't want it. It's not worth it. That's my opinion. Does that mean they're useless? No, they actually do what they say. But here's the good news. Many counties around the country are now offering this service free of charge.
Speaker 19: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 5: Now what county are you in?
Speaker 2: Bolder?
Speaker 5: Okay? I don't know if Boulder does it, but there I suspect that Home Title Lock and those similar companies will be out of business in a few years. Because everyone most counties are starting to offer that free service. You sign up for it and they send you a notice whenever anyone tries to do your record against your home. Now, here's something that title lock doesn't do. Although the name says it, They don't lock your title. They don't prevent recordings. They do not prevent them. They simply inform you. Okay, you still have to fight it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So that's the absolute truth. Okay, So you know that's why you're not going to see each in every detail spelled out now, Tony, thank you for calling and call if you have any other things, but call your county and say, do you have it's not a title lock, don't call it a titleock. Do you have a service whereby you will notify me if anyone tries to record anything against my home and send to this address or by email. And most of them are doing it. Tony, what's going on? You got to comment?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I came in on the end of your conversation about AI and photography, so I don't know if you've already.
Speaker 5: Oh, someone said. Here's what they said. They said that, you know, why have a digital camera because AI can produce a picture of almost anything. And the truth is they can't And the truth is, most people who say that have no clue how AI works because it's not that easy. But even if you do hack it, find an app that can do it. They they it will never take the place of a party you were at or a vacation you went on.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, No, but it is recreating reality. Because this guy got a brand new Samsung camera phone. They promised him the best pictures ever, and so he noticed that there was something wrong with one of the pictures that he took.
Speaker 23: So he took a picture of.
Speaker 20: The moon, and the picture came out super fantastic, like better than he could see it without with his own perfect vision.
Speaker 8: So he did some experiments and he went into a dark room.
Speaker 20: He shone a light, a bright white light on a dark in a dark room. He took pictures of.
Speaker 2: It, and his camera role showed.
Speaker 20: Him some fantastic pictures of the moon.
Speaker 5: What does that? I don't understand. So what does that mean?
Speaker 20: He took pictures of a white spot?
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh oh oh really yes? Now he he did this with his cell phone, his smartphone.
Speaker 20: His Samsung with AI.
Speaker 5: And then it tried to interpret what did you want to see here?
Speaker 20: It didn't give him reality and gave him altered reality.
Speaker 5: Are you sure is this someone you know or is this something you read on the post?
Speaker 27: I know it was a video.
Speaker 8: I watched the guy with the whole process in the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how do you know it's true? In other words, whenever I see these videos, I mean, give me, what is it on YouTube?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 25: I'd have to find it.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm going to look for it. I'll look for it.
Speaker 20: I listen, Yeah, white light becomes moon or something like that.
Speaker 8: Samsung Ai producing fake images?
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, no, but that's that would be That would be the height of all insults. So what you take a picture of your wife or husband and you get someone more handsome?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 25: Really?
Speaker 5: I mean, my imagination doesn't stop there. What you can take pictures of to get an exaggeration?
Speaker 22: Come on?
Speaker 5: I doubt I doubt it, but okay, I'll look for it though. Thank you for telling me about it. Now, Kevin, what's going on? You have a comment on that Best Buy issue where they charge for installation and send two guys in a pickup truck. What's that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I did.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Okay, gotta take a break go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped. You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help, coming man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to uh well, actually we are on the phone right now. Wait, woe is this another one?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait, this is another best buy issue or a comment on it. I'm sorry we have I hear Deputy D talking to them right now about it. This guy bought a TV in a soundbar or some sound speakers and some in starlink and paid for installation and they can't do it, so he wants it done. They keep rescheduling. He's upset with him. Kevin, what is your comment on this?
Speaker 27: I just went through exactly the same situation. If you don't spend enough money with Best Buy, they send out the B team, which is a subcontractor to the Geek Squad. When they show up, they know nothing, So you got to go back and make the real geek Squad come back and do it correctly.
Speaker 5: They're as as stupid as that.
Speaker 8: That's how it is.
Speaker 27: If you spend twenty grand on a stereo, the good guys show up. If you spend two thousand, the B team shows up and then it turns into a wreck.
Speaker 12: I just went through it.
Speaker 5: Wow, So what did you What did you buy? Well?
Speaker 27: I just I just bought a big TV and a different receipt.
Speaker 5: Were in a bunch and you and you wanted them to set it all up.
Speaker 27: Yep, they they they the idiots came out. They couldn't do it. I went back to the store and I said, this is how it's going to be. Send the guys that know what's going on to my house and get it handled. And they did, Oh oh yeah. You just got to be serious with them and tell them this is how it is.
Speaker 5: How How did you know the first crew that showed up wasn't the geek squad because they didn't.
Speaker 27: Show up in a geek squad van for one thing. Okay, they showed up in a pickup truck.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Kevin, that's that's good information. I didn't know how.
Speaker 27: That's exactly how best Buy works is they got a whole bunch of subcontractors and the good guys work on the expensive stuff.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 27: That's period.
Speaker 6: That's how.
Speaker 27: That's how it works. I figured it out.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you, Kevin. Appreciate your calling. Three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So here's the deal. If you have an issue, though I've always said this before, there's something in the law called specific performance where you've paid for something and you kind of have a contract. Well, you do have a contract if you paid for it, they offered it, you paid and you accepted. Uh, And then they have terms of a contract. They're going to install whatever. If they can't do it properly, there's two ways to go, unless otherwise specified in a contract. One way to go is called liquidated damages, which means if they can't get it done, you get a refund, or you get a certain amount of money or whatever. The other way to go is called specific performance, where you're saying, now, wait a minute, damn it, I paid for this, and I don't care what it takes. I want it done. And there have been people who insist on it. They say, I don't care even if somebody has proven they can't do it right. But you're so pissed that you paid for it, you don't want to try to find someone else to pay and pay them, and you are afraid you might have to pay more. So you say to the original people, I have a contract with you. I expect you to fulfill it. Specific performance, you better perform the problem. Even though there is a legal right, kind of a civil right, a legal right in civil court to get something done that you paid for, it becomes ridiculous if the attitude is such that they don't want to do that or they can't do it right. You know, you just you're forcing an issue that, in my opinion, you're begging for a bad job. So I always say, if you can get your money back and move on. Do it and don't wait too long to do that. Three h three reasonable attempt or two. But when you're talking about continual screw ups, in my opinion, you should move on and not insist that they do it. And of course this guy said, I'm ready, I want my refund, but they keep saying, no, we'll reschedule it, We'll reschedule it. And I don't think that's the way to go. And by the way, I hear good things about the Geek Squad. I've never used them personally, but I'm not sure how they train these people. They don't pay them a lot, so I wouldn't rest my I wouldn't rest my hat on that, on the fact that they that if it's the Geek Squad, okay, If not, then they're bad. I don't think it matters much. But maybe the Geek Squad gives a better appearance with the shirts and the vans and stuff. Three three seven one to three talk seven one three eight two five five Deputy D. I noticed you were on the phone and with them, what are they say?
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 5: And by the way, I say them best buy. Actually I was on the phone with a consumer darryl oh I thought you.
Speaker 13: No, I was just I just came back here to look up the phone number for Best Buy.
Speaker 5: Which one did he go to?
Speaker 13: This is the one on in Longmont and he's been dealing with a store manager named Sean. So I just came back to look up the phone numbers. I can call Sean and see if we can help them get this stuff installed or refunded.
Speaker 5: Ken I got a text for fix it twenty four to seven. We have Hannah with us. Who's with them? And Hannah? Do you guys do and you may not know this. I don't know this. Electric water heaters, My god, that's a weird question.
Speaker 2: Water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fine, fantastic electric. Yeah. And I know who to call to get the answers. Okay, yeah, get the answer they want to know about electric water heaters. And then as far as uh, they probably have a solar system and want to do electric. That's or some of them just don't have gas. But I doubt that three h three seven to one three eight two five five is the number. And in consumer News, I want to tell you this. A lot of experts in the investment industry are saying that the US stocks could jump as high as seventy four hundred, seven four hundred. Now, that would be an incredible level for the S and P five hundred, And there's no reason to know exactly how they come up with the number. But the bottom line is this an SP five hundred is just sort of says it's a measurement of these companies. And Wall Street says that Trump's the optimism with Trump could see that much in gains. So Morgan Stanley says that they're believing that US stocks will be for sure up to sixty five hundred, and they say that possibly even higher. But here's the bottom line. You hear a lot about the stock market, and I want you to know that the stock market in and of itself, if you took an index fund and did it, does not do all that bad. The problem is people never do it. They don't just take an S and P five hundred stock and take advantage of the compounding interest and the regular interest. They normally move it around from time to time, and investment counselors do that too to show their worth. But what do you think the S and P five hundred, What do you think they've done year to date so far? What do you think if you just kept your money in an indexed fund for the year twenty three percent. Now that's pretty damn good twenty three percent, And as that composite did twenty four point four percent the ten year treasury, you want to know fifty eight gold, twenty five percent, oil negative five percent. Now, I'm not saying everyone should be in the stock market, but where the stock market gets a bad rap is when people move around a lot without knowledge. Even people with knowledge take hits, right, but then they try to recover by doing certain maneuvers. So it's really important that you know it. Now. As far as there's something called a risk on and a risk off gauge, what does that mean. It means when risk is on, people are willing to take risk on these investments. And the more risk is on, the more healthy people are perceiving the market and perceiving investing. So it's kind of good. Now, that doesn't mean you want to take unnecessary risk. It just means that the gauge for risk is higher, meaning people are willing to go higher in the risk gauge because the payoff seems to be there. And the only thing right now where the risk is off is gold. People are not willing to risk buying gold right now. They are way willing to risk the stock market, the S and P five hundred, the Nasdaq, and especially a ten year treasury. So it looks like we're gonna have some good days ahead in the stock market. It looks like it. Now. Be aware of people who always who tell you, oh, you know, the stock market's always good or always bad, or annuities are always good or always bad, or this is always good, always is bad. I've said this before. There is never one investment suitable for everyone, and never one investment you should sit in forever. Unless you do what's called a fund, and the fund is tied to an index that you trust, then you should not manipulate it. That's the whole idea of a fund.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 9: Yes, did you see what bitcoin has done in the past year?
Speaker 6: Yes, last year?
Speaker 9: I think at one point, I think at twenty twenty two or sixteen thousand. Now what's up to ninety thousand? No, I know that it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know a lot of people who are who are who are buying into it, and a lot of people aren't. The biggest problem with bitcoin is not the bitcoin, but the biggest problem are the cheaters and the liars and the ways to get screwed. Absolutely the biggest problem. I mean, really, people have seen their digital wallets because they were fake to begin with, disappear, or they've seen exchanges. Well look, we've heard about people going to jail for it. So it's that's the only thing if you don't know who you're dealing with. And that brings up a good topic. And I just want to mention this one time. You know that I'm an investment advisor right now, registered and I started the company Wave eight Wealth Management, and we're getting into all kinds of alternate investments. We have not are exploring bitcoin, have not done it yet. I'm just going to tell you straight up. But we are of course taking on regular investment portfolios. All we do the funds, plus we do speculative investments for certain ones. We do bond trading for income. There are so many different ways to invest your money and stay safe. Now here's the problem. Most of the time when you get someone to do your money, they're not investing your money. They're not. So I'm gonna tell each and every one of you if you have investment accounts and you're not doing your I'm not talking about people who day trade and do their own thing. Okay, I'm not talking about that. But if you have an investment account an investment advisor, ask a simple question, am I in a TAMP program? Okay? A turnkey asset program, asset investment program okay? Or management program TAMP? And if you are, then you're paying excessive fees probably and they don't know you from adam because they're placing your money with someone else. If you want a different way, you can call or text three zero three seven seven to one help. That's Wave eight Wealth Management, that's my company three oh three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven will even do a free second look at anything you have with an honest to god opinion, with no bs and no pressure. Three O three seven seven one help. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven on three talks seven on three A two five five Deputy bow I looked up this follow up here Ron he had a a Champion entry door in screen and you know it was during COVID. He had nothing but trouble with the screen door. A service techt said it was beyond repair and they've refused to do anything about it. Now. The last note I have here is that you called repeatedly and did not get a return.
Speaker 21: Call right like seven times. And then I even took a drive out to their facility out in Aurora.
Speaker 5: What did you find? Well?
Speaker 21: I sat there for twenty minutes asking to talk to a manager, and then after about the forty minutes, they came out and they said all the managers were in the meeting, every damn one of them.
Speaker 6: So we did get We did get it eventually, get it solved.
Speaker 21: He had he had this instation that but Tom and listen, I did something a little on orthodox. I was getting frustrated. This was an eight thousand dollars door. I wrote a letter to the Uh the person that does has a competitive referral list in town?
Speaker 5: Yes, oh, you mean well, first of all, they're not competitive. Second of all, he represents them personally, right.
Speaker 6: He does represent them. I slept and.
Speaker 5: I told you he's a good guy.
Speaker 1: You got to him.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't like it.
Speaker 21: Okay, Well something happened with that letter because Ron, the caller, said that they received this letter from the corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, and they put the foot to the to the.
Speaker 6: Pedal and got someone out there last.
Speaker 21: Week and finished up and got the eight thousand dollars repair for Ron.
Speaker 6: And he's extremely happy.
Speaker 5: But this, oh man, that is great news.
Speaker 21: So it is done. But it took a lot of where to get a champion off there.
Speaker 5: But that wasn't unorthodox. I mean there are people that look it, if you're going to stand up for a company, you can take the heat. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, especially when they're good people.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 5: And uh, look, I don't mean Champion. I don't think Champion are good people. I think Champion is a big giant. They would in Equity Group.
Speaker 21: If it wasn't for the Troubleshooter show, this guy would have still been hanging out here.
Speaker 5: And and kudos to Dave for if he is forwarded that letter to the right people. Kudos to him. Man, that's great.
Speaker 21: Dave's organization stepped up and forward to my letter to the corporate office.
Speaker 5: So good, excellent. That's what counts man. You know, just helping people the goal so bo, that's wonderful. Anything else you're working on.
Speaker 21: Uh, just uh the Dmitri and I are doing the Garcia case.
Speaker 5: Now, the Garcia case.
Speaker 16: We've been here, Tom, Wait, wait, wait, you're not gonna show Dippy bow your dinger here for that one?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, to Dark.
Speaker 6: It's Dark's birthday last week. It's got to be a major there.
Speaker 5: We go there and I'll give you the big one.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, Yes, do you think there's anything wrong if you have a thousand or two thousand dollars of discretionary money, that's not going to change your life to just put into bitcoin.
Speaker 6: Oh, if you have a thousand, of course, of course.
Speaker 5: I mean, well right now, though, I see you see this is what a lot of investors do. They buy at the very highest or there's nothing wrong with it might go higher. But I mean, look at the ride you missed. I mean if I would personally prefer to wait for a correction, but hey, it may not come, and then there these might go Okay, let's say they go up to one hundred and fifty thousand. And now somebody said, Tom, you said at ninety, do not do it. You know, I'm not saying not to do it. I'm just saying, look, there are certain rides up in down, and we don't have enough data on bitcoin. That's the problem you see with the With the technology that I'm using, that I use, we have tracked about two thousand right now. We're up to about twenty five hundred trades a day or more depends for the last six years, which we get data, okay, and then we can spot trends and if something's going to go farther or sink lower, and then we bet on those. We don't bet. We invest on those high and low. But with bitcoin, there's not enough history for that of the fluctuation. It's hard to say. And one thing that I don't try to do, I don't speculate. With our company, we don't really speculate. That's not what we're doing. If you want a day trade, you got to do that with yourself. You got to just do that. So am I saying? I say that if you want to play, play, you know? I mean, look, people go to Blackhawk and play and Central City do whatever you want. But it's impossible to say right now if that ride is already too far gone to ride it up more. I mean again, it might though, see, so I don't. The truth is, I don't have an answer for that, and I don't pretend to. What about you, doc? Are you inclined to get involved at ninety thousand dollars?
Speaker 6: You know, putting a thousand or two thousand just what you're.
Speaker 5: Saying partially, But what I'm saying is, though, are you inclined to do that now? Where it is at the level it's at, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I have to look at it.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying that, you know, for a thousand, two thousand dollars just to play with it's it's it's just like you say, it's discretionary. If I lost it, it wouldn't change my life. And if it tripled, I could I could buy another gun with it.
Speaker 5: I was sure, sure, sure, you know again that it's whatever people want. And again, like I said, peeps, we are in it for real sane investment advice where my money is one hundred percent one hundred percent along with yours. So I'm I'm not a day trader, never never claimed to be. What we get great great results three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: By the way, if you want that free help or the you wanna text me or write to me, you can also do Tom at Wave Eightcapital dot com. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino three all three seven on three talks seven one three two five five You know what's really funny about this whole craze with with a bitcoin or anything. Is that people? This is just common sense. Okay, but throughout my years. I'm only seventy one, I say only. I mean, it's not like I'm ninety, but I'm old. Okay, so seventy one years old. What I learned was you got two things, two ways to build your wealth. You have cash flow and you have equity. Equity is growth in something. Cash Flow is when you bring money in. Okay, so revenue in or equity up. But neither listen carefully, Neither of them make you rich, neither of them without True wealth is made on the convey version of those and knowing when to convert them. Here's what I mean. If you're making good money, and you keep making good money, you will have good money. But what do you do. You put it in the bank and you accumulate, but you do not grow. So what you need to do is learn how much and when to take the cash flow and convert it to equity, which grows. Then when the equity grows in the equity markets or investments, then you have to convert back to cash flow. Without conversion, you have no wealth. In other words, you can have ten million dollars worth of art that you paid a million dollars for, you have no wealth. It's on paper, but you can't do anything with it unless you convert it. Now, what you can do if you had stock or stuff like that, you can borrow against it. Most of these billionaires don't have billions of dollars in the bank. They have billions of dollars of net worth because their stock that they've in their own company has grown. But they either pledge that stock to get cash, and that converts to cash flow, but in a weird way because they're pledging their stock, so if their stock goes up further, it cancels out the debt. If it doesn't, they owe it. But in any case, that's still conversion. Everyone needs conversion one way or the other. The mistake most people make, and even a lot of people with the bitcoin is when it starts going up, they don't get out when they've made a healthy profit. They don't reap it and then get back in some other investment. But they stay in it and stay in it and stay in it, and then when it starts going down, that's when they sell a lot of people buy at the peak because they get the fever and then sell out of fear when it goes down. Do you know in Vegas when people stop gambling is when they go broke, not when they win. They never stop when they win. They should, but they never do. They only stop when they're losing. That's the most incredible thing about conversion to wealth is people have cash flow and sometimes they should just keep that cash and do nothing with it. At other times they should convert it to equity. But when that equity grows, they get they become like what do they call it, Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered, something like that, because they never ever go back out to cash. Going back and forth is the secret. Now, if you have a good portfolio that grows steadily, that's good. But it's some point conversion is necessary for true wealth. It is. It absolutely is. If you look at the principle, you can have no money without converting that equity, and you can have no equity without buying it with cash flow. So that's just a very simple principle, isn't it. And that's where people get into trouble. They start romantically loving their investment. So I'll venture to say that people who got into bitcoin at forty or fifty and sweated it out when it went down. Some of them probably sold, will not get out now when they can make a hefty profit where they can make forty grand per coin, they probably won't get out and go to something else. At this point three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's go to uh Hannah at fix it twenty four to seven. Hannah, let's talk about before the break here. I want to talk about the extreme clean one more time because this is this is gonna definitely go away as the weather gets worse. I mean, I know they can't do it. So thirty nine bucks. First of all, the thirty nine dollars is really a loss. It's a loss leader because they spend two hours or more if you look at it the short term, if you look at it mission No, No, they want they want to put their sticker on there. They also want you to see. They want you to see how wonderful they are. Yeah, and you will become a customer once you see it. That's what we're betting on, and that's what's worked so far.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you're right, Tom Right now, it recruits people it's the last leg right now to get in for this maintenance. You want to do that before winter hits. Yeah, we have that round winter and that snow come in. Yeah, phones are ringing off the hook. Now we're able to get back to those mountains, says, This is when you want to do it to prevent those breakdowns.
Speaker 5: And then yes, right, because the breakdown a long time. The breakdowns when they call and they've already missed the opportunity and they're gonna write a big check most likely it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyway, here's the deal if you want to take advantage of it, is thirty nine bucks right now for uh the extreme clean to see the extreme difference of fix at twenty four to seven. Now you can book it right online, right, can you book fix my home dot com at book now, book now, that's my home dot com book now. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So let me go to the let me go to the texts and see what we have going for us, and then YouTube morons feel free to feel free to chime in with anything you want. Okay, who do you? Here's what I want to ask you. Somebody wants to know this. Who should keep the engagement ring? When an engagement is broken off? Rings now are averaging averaging twenty grand.
Speaker 33: It's been decided well.
Speaker 5: In some cases. So what do you think, Kelly.
Speaker 33: The gentleman who proposes and buys the ring should retain the ring.
Speaker 16: No, whoever did not break it off should get to keep it.
Speaker 5: Okay, the court a recent court ruling, Now, Kelly, it's been actually gone both ways. Okay. But a recent court ruling in Massachusetts said that with a seventy thousand dollars ring, it goes back to the person who purchased it since it was conditional. Now listen to this. There was a six for six sixty years. There was a state rule in Massachusetts and they had to identify what dragon said the blame for the end of the relationship. And many courts still do that. So many courts say, if he gave you a fifty thousand dollars ring and then he cheated on you, he breached the contract. Technically speaking, he breached the contract.
Speaker 33: Yeah, but why would you want to keep the ring in all of.
Speaker 5: It's fifty grands? It doesn't matter, Okay, Kelly. If a guy gave you a fifty thousand dollars ring and said I love you, Kelly, marry me, and then you saw him cheating on you, and then or he was cheating on you or something, and you decided, well, we can't get married if you're cheating on me. Okay, he kind of breached his promise, and then you wouldn't want the fifty thousand dollars ring as an engagement ring. But certainly, why would you have to be penalized and give.
Speaker 33: It back to him because he bought it and I wouldn't want it as a suit.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, then that's the way you feel. Okay. Some people, though, some people have gone to court and have kept the property because they did not breach it. Their theory was, you breached, I shouldn't be penalized there. For example, you give me money down and then you say and you sign an ironclad contract to have something done, and then you screw it up. Okay, who's the breaching party should pay at least costs?
Speaker 27: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is the cost? Like I'm talking about on a contract. Wise, if the contractor put money in, there's there are liquid data damages. But in a case like this, courts have often ruled that people get to keep it if they did not breach. Now, however, if, for example, if a guide the same thing, he gives a fifty thousand dollars ring to you and you cheat, well, then you breach. He should get it back. But the courts say, now no matter what. Well, this one court in Massachusetts, which could become a precedent, says no, no, no. If if if you bought it, you get it back, the relationship has ended. So that is a big major change. Right now, I'm Tom Martine. We're out of time, right, Okay, I want to remind you three oh three Martino, three oh three, six, two seven, eight, four sixty six, Save all your problems for me.