Speaker 1: What are you doing and say that the Chinese were the first to experiment with the natal shock to the testicles. Oh no, not Center's balls. What does this America planning? I'm gonna fuck it kill you.
Speaker 2: You're not in a position to kill anyone me, man, I just want you to tell me America's plan.
Speaker 1: Been wearing for a long night because I don't know shit. Kick ass. Welcome to the season sixth finale of Going Down to South Park. I'm excited. It's Christmas time. Well, Christmas has already happened, unfortunately, not unfortunately, but it's unfortunately this didn't happen before Christmas because, as I've made well aware on the various podcasts we do here four figure discount. I like it when Christmas socials air at Christmas time, and Christmas hasn't been too far in the past. But you know, it's speaking for using for us as we record this, So it's Red Sleigh down. I'm Dan and I'm really confused. So I'm guy confusing for the listeners because what we do is it comes to this point of the year and we're front loading. Yes, we're front loading, so we're recording a bunch of episodes in advance, So this one's going to be airing. I think for the patron's pretty close to Christmas, but you guys on the free Feed, it's a little bit after Christmas, but it's the Christmas Qession none the less.
Speaker 3: So we really hope that nothing terrible happened around Christmas all the holiday season.
Speaker 1: Because we're excited for Christmas.
Speaker 3: We're ho ho ho, can't wait for Santa. It's something terrible, Oh, the terrible, terrible Dan.
Speaker 1: That would Guy. So we're just letting you all know Christmas hasn't happened yet. As you record this, it.
Speaker 3: Seems like it's going to be great. We're all really looking forward to Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you want to check out the Guy and Dan do or the four figure discat should say christ Network Christ's Special, that would be airing. I think it's already added on the fourth figure discat channel to check that as well, where Guy and I exchanged gifts, and we have appearances from Lovely Louise and Lovely Nikola and Holly and Elliott. They're all going to be there.
Speaker 3: Two things pending. Note your self, get Dan to l a gift already taken care of, not just get Louise on the line.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm going to know about this. I'm going to message you every day and say, just get a even if it's just a Merry Christmas everybody, just something. I've said this to her. I don't like my voice. Just don't listen to it.
Speaker 3: I said, I love your boy. I said, just say something like as Dan, I said, Merry Christmas everybody, Just to confirm that they actually do have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't believe him. She just doesn't go to this school.
Speaker 3: I use that. I never did.
Speaker 1: I never said a girl, a girl that likes me, goes to a different school. I think I said once when I was in like year seven or something.
Speaker 3: That's to be forgiven in year seven. Yes, we say all manner of stupid ship. Yeah, she's from camp, actually said.
Speaker 1: I said, she's on the school bus but on home that it's like she doesn't exists.
Speaker 3: But this is here. We're hit this week.
Speaker 1: So to review the finale of season six, which is Red Sleigh Down a Christmas episode. First Thing's first, Kenny's back. Kenny is back.
Speaker 3: There's no part in the.
Speaker 1: Story, but I think they returned Kenny here in the most south Park way possible, and they did it the way. The thing I liked it about the most of the way they did it was it's very he's back a matter of fact, as a matter of fact, very that's very south Park but also doing it at the very end of the episode, at the very end of the season, you're ending the season with the oh my god, Kenny's back. If this was if this was a thing, just imagine South Pike in its heyday, right, and it's peak. It's not popular, and it's peak this episode aired now, Twitter would be dominated, it'd be a trending topic, and Kenny's back on South Park, right, So this would have been what we'd call it the water cooler chatter for the following day. I guess so, yeah, school yard, Yeah, let's water cooler. Did you say last night, Kenny's back.
Speaker 3: Kenny's back.
Speaker 1: Leaving doing at the very last thing, the last thing you think of is, oh my god, Kenny's back.
Speaker 3: It's back to the way it used to be.
Speaker 1: You're leaving on a high note, just.
Speaker 3: As a throwaway line. Yeah, the pakistone thing to do.
Speaker 1: Leaving as a I think leaving him as a surprise rather than throughout the episode you left with a little excitement.
Speaker 3: You're dropping little breadcrumbs or whatever. He's back, and you know you've got a whole season salon to look forward to with Kenny Bean back.
Speaker 1: You don't have to wait for the entire summer before you get to see what. You spend a whole summer contemplating what's he going to do?
Speaker 3: What's what? Why is he back?
Speaker 1: How is he back?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I thought they handled it very in a very efficient manner. So this one here as a Christmas special, pretty insane, very insane, very out there, very south pack as we like to say here at going down to South Park, but also has similar messages of you know, be kind to everybody, get the Christmas spirit, even the religious side of things, where it's how about you know the real reason for Christmas.
Speaker 3: It's literally in the name, yes Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes, But you know, if you want to celebrate Jesus and thank him you can do that too. If you don't want to, that's up to you. I just think they covered all the grounds here, you know, really insane way.
Speaker 3: There are multiple reasons for the season. One might say, yes, you can, as you said, you can be religious or spiritual or whatever, and celebrate the birth of one JC or you know, you can just use an excuse to be good to your fellow man. Yeah, be nice to your neighbor, good to your family.
Speaker 1: But also yes, I think they handled commercialism the Post in both the positive and negative light here, positive being you know, everyone just likes any presence that brings joy whatnot. But the negative things is it ain't going to fix the issues and the struggles of the people in Iraq. Oh No, just shooting Christmas bombs at them and turning things into Christmas trees ain't gonna make them happy. No, it's a quick it's a quick fixed band aid. It is very much.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a band aid that's got Little Leo, Holy Spriggs and Christmas trees on it. But it's a band aid, nonetheless, which is not a lasting solution.
Speaker 1: But in a world now where Christmas is in a world moving on, in a world, in a world Christmas specials, right, we're filled with them, some shit, some great right. Kids are always looking for something new Christmasy to watch. There aren't many Christmas specials that you can watch that if they feel like they're made for out people our age South Park do that when it comes to the animated side of things, right, So Simpson's still great, but it's for kids and for adults. This one feels like it's a Christmas special, has the same sort of themes of you know, Christmas spirit, but it's made just for adults. This ain't for the kiddies.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're going to be lifting or if you're going to be mapping the plots of black Hawk Down and three King.
Speaker 1: Apparently lethal weapons in there as well.
Speaker 3: And there's a bit of I think when Sander's getting tortured and yeah, it gets very angry at his torture. That's a direct lift from Mel Gibson being tortured in the first Lethal.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, all right, Yeah, I think because he spits.
Speaker 3: He spits at the torture, and I think Mel does that when he Yeah, he's all hanged up and he's got veteran Henchman ow Long from from die Hard and Big troubling the little China sort of hitting him down with the electric sponge and.
Speaker 1: I was like, we are co He was the go to guy for is he Chinese? I believe so, yeah, just for Chinese villains. He was the great Villains in general.
Speaker 3: I think there was actually a docco about how long, which I've been meaning to track down. Okay, because just him, you know him Nacotomy Plaza about to go shooting against the cost but he's like, pinch that Nesle's crunch. What a great moment from Die because it's just humanized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, but it makes you relate to the villain though. Yeah, absolutely the villains are people too lost the powers did it? You had a family good moment in Austin Powers and yeah, But what do you think of the overall episode of Red sleigh Down as a Christmas special? What do you think?
Speaker 3: You thought it was a good combination of a good combination of all the Christmasy stuff that South Park has generated thus far. I mean, you've already got well from the spirit of Christmas, from the early shorts. You've got Santa versus Jesus this time journing, joining forces or helping one another, throwing mister.
Speaker 1: Hanky in there.
Speaker 3: I love how they're starting to acknowledge more and more. It's like mister Hankey means well and he's actually, you know, like a really solid little dude, but he's also shiit literal shit, which really stinks and Kyle used to be the one that loved mister Hanky. Now yeah, Cartman's the one. Well, I get the feeling Cartmen is really just sort of milking it milking at this this particular season. I think that was probably my favorite part of the whole the whole episode that Cartman was just really committing to the bit because he really wanted that. Was it?
Speaker 1: High bow Dog Habo habo hebo doll? Yeah heybo Yeah yeah, because.
Speaker 3: They're actual things and they're called a boh Okay.
Speaker 1: I just assumed they're doing like Tamagotchi's or something, because you can start those as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but apparently they're based on an actual sort of like little robot pet. Yeah, but he really really wants it. Yeah, to the point where he's actually got cousin Kyle to the numbers, right. That was probably my favorite part, and I was very very happy at the very starts, like, yay, it feels dreadful to save of course he's crunching numbers, but yeah, everything he does was just fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not just yeah.
Speaker 3: As I said before, you know, it's great that they've got all the Christmas stuff and then they've got Jesus, they've got sand, They've got mister Hanky. But it also felt like a bit of a hey, guys, let's bring everybody and as they often, as TV shows will often do with with Christmas specials, or used to do back in the day. At least it's like, Hey, it's our good friend so and so has dropped by for a glass of egg nog, and maybe he'll.
Speaker 1: Sing us a song. So, hey, it's the neighbor.
Speaker 3: And then Kevin was like, yeah, oh wow, we didn't realize that mister mcgilli cutting next door actually had a lovely singing voice. And then he does good King Wenchlow's don't do Chrispan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, worst things of someone from behind the fence and home approval something like that. Tim Goes didn't see.
Speaker 3: That, so yeah, I know, I was very very happy with that. And I'm not the hugest fan of Black Hawk Down when it comes to war movies. I know a lot of people love it. I'm kind of pretty popular at the time. I remember it was certainly very popular at the time. I'm a big fan of Three Kings, which is the other movie they referenced it. That's George George Sooney, Mirk Wohlburg and Ice Qbe what a cast.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's kind of underrated.
Speaker 3: I mean it came out in nineteen ninety nine, which is sort of being revalued earlier, being reevaluab well not even reevaluated, but like.
Speaker 1: It's a twenty year mark, so everyone's just like, oh my god, me frohen we were kids that we never really appreciated, or we're about to watch how good is it? It's the twenty five year mark now twenty twenty fifth. Yeah, another note to self, write an article about this pitch to various outlets. Cut that out into No.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of Three Kings, and it was very glad to see them acknowledging that in there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of good stuff. I enjoyed it very much. Just great action sequences. Oh yeah, where else he going to see Jesus and sand and having kick ass action sequences?
Speaker 3: And also I love how they subvert various rapes. So I was listening to some podcast the other day where they were talking about a lot of modern superhero movies and how they have very much beat for beating a lot of things, particularly the end though where you know you've got your hero going. He's been up against this villain who's just terrible to Quod said and killing various people or what voices pretty much like dude, like Center's voice very much at the end, the villain has to be taken out.
Speaker 1: But our young hero, it's usually our young hero is not gonna. I'm not like you.
Speaker 3: Putting a cup of bullets in that tortures head.
Speaker 1: He shocked Center's ball. Well, that's one of my favorites because I love the way they have him points sideways. You think, oh, he's pointed away from Yeah, I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't let him. So, yeah, a lot of stuff that I joined. I mean, I feel like I'm sort of stepping on favorite moments here.
Speaker 1: But before we do that, then let's just touch on the fact that how genius was it You got the return of Kenny here, but you actually sacrifice the character of Jesus, who doesn't return for like five or six seasons now. So they've actually killed off Jesus for a while, and they've made that death matter because deaths in South Park generally don't really matter all that much because they can be back in the next scene like whatever at South Park. But when this happens, and obviously at the time we weren't quite sure whether you'd be back or not, but they held true to it and it was like season eleven and a season eleven episode where he comes back. So they've actually made the death of Jesus matter here. Yeah, for the sake of hey guys, you realize what Christmas is actually about, you know, So having Jesus sacrificed himself again in this south Back universe I thought was handed very clever as well.
Speaker 3: Admitterally, his sacrificesn't for another few months in the natural calendar.
Speaker 1: But you know, yes, it's all tying in because I think it's an Easter episode in which he returns in like five seasons or so. Makes a bunch of s don't make a bunch of sense, all right? Will be your favorite moments in the episode?
Speaker 3: As I mentioned, your cousin Carl just c it doesn't look good, Eric, that was even true, Like you were saying earlier, how do you have the random neighbors sings or song or whatever bringing.
Speaker 1: Back just bringing back the favorites. Yeah, mister slave makes an appearance, like even know it's only a couple of Yeah, they're bringing back the classics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing the hits, playing the hits for Christmas time. As I mentioned, yeah, Three Kings shout out. I mean, it's a really intense scene.
Speaker 1: What was the actual shout out? Watch the moment.
Speaker 3: It's a really intense scene in the movie. Mark Wahlburg has been captured while he is in in I Raq, tied to a chair and he's being being tortured by this young torture. He's pretty much dressed like the same dress, the same as in South Park here, and he keeps preferring the torture and Three Kings like, what do you say, Maine man?
Speaker 1: Why do kind of my main man? Is one of my favorite moments. That was Three King That was like the Maine Man.
Speaker 3: Directly from Three Kings. Fantastic scene, really really good when Santa's rescued. These legs are broken, they are healed. I love that Jesus means well, but he always sounds kind of sanctimonious in a well not always, but a lot of the times when he saw when he does stuff.
Speaker 1: Like they're healed, I think that's very very funny.
Speaker 3: And at the end when everybody gets a high boat comes like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Ah, man, I'm not gonna be the only one. None of you guys have one. No, So I really liked so Jimmy singing got to be old by the end, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first two or three times, and man's like, oh, this is this is the joke. I mean, it's it's okay to keep going back to it.
Speaker 1: You know why though, because he Jimmy essentially ruined Christmas, so Sad had to come and say the day At the ex Everyone's like, I know, the Christmas is ruined and it's Santa say to day. But I love, just love Garrison's no, because you know, there's we've got to be polite. Oh no, but just mister slavery the Christmas get up. Did you see him next to him, mister slavey in the Christmas slave out? Oh mister it you're standing next to Garrison in a Christmas slave.
Speaker 3: Tip to young players, never look away even if the male man arrives, which which happened this morning while I was watching this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, okay, yeah, I'm just waiting for Christmas presents to arrive for Nikola or whatnot. We have a rule down in the house if something arrives with my name on it, don't open it, Nicholas somethings with Nicholas name it, don't open it, Brandon.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, you learned this the other day. By the way, I did have one more favorite Manka. I was a big fan of the Poochoo train song.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it sounds similar to another song we've had recently. I feel like the go to for Cartman now is the see people.
Speaker 3: In Me vibe.
Speaker 1: He doesn't here as well. Yeah, look at me Red and handles, but that normomy of stuff and Marvin Spaceship, Oh yeah, mar poo Choo, pretty funny Poochoo. Yes, also love apartments, not Santa's Balls, No, not Sata's ball, and of course the why did you come to irupt my main man. I'm thinking this is so bizarre, it sounded so funny, and I love Jesus getting his action here a moment I'm packing.
Speaker 3: And as if He's often said in the part, you can tell the Parker and Stoning a real sort of either students or fans or both of just all these trashy slash excellent action movies and things like Getting the Knife, the wolverine style knife and then getting my bittles are ducking under the with the silence best put a couple of shs, like of course, you mean how many times have you seen Arnold or sly Van Damn.
Speaker 1: Or Steven Sigould do that ship. That's okay.
Speaker 3: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 1: First question for you is what are the name of the reindeer?
Speaker 3: I can I can give you one because that's one of the questions that I've got. Oh okay, I pulled it. I pulled it Dan Dough because it was like, he's going to ask this question. I can't be bothered listing all of the The first one was Steve Stephen yep, and the last one was Montel because that's the question that I was going to ask you. And there's a Chantelle in there because that runs with Montell Yeah, and the rest I don't.
Speaker 1: Know Stephen, Fluffy, Horrace, Chantal, Skippy, rainbow patches, and Montelle. Skippy's in there. The bush kangaroo, that's right. Nichola had to explain the concepts of Skippy the bush kangaroo because my parents showed Elliott Skippy recently and he was like, no, you didn't mind it. We saw a kangaroo and he goes, it's the same skippy. Nicola goes, no, what more hoppy. He goes, no, it's skippy and she goes, no, it's hoppy. I was like, no, no, he's referencing the nineteen seventies Australian TV show Skippy the Bush Kangaroo or eighties or whatever it was. She just what was that show? And I said it was basically kangaroo that walked around and it would just look at people and people go, what's that Skippy? She did it speak? I go, well, it spoke, kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Made it made it made clicking sounds that somehow humans were able to understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's television. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I imagine it'll be like you know Nicolas saying, oh, this reminds me of watching Blue Peter as a child. Have you ever heard Peter? That was like a kid showing the in the UK? Okay that I don't think I ever made it past the UK. Why it was called Blue Peter, I don't know, but it's like the Blue Peter wasn't a character. Blue Peter was just the name of the show I have ever seen pingu. I'm aware of Pingo's the Penguin, right.
Speaker 1: He's like, Wow, it's like a clamation show. I watched the recently the kids, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Pinger's has like a real downer. If that's all he done, that's what it's.
Speaker 1: These penguins and they have like trombone looking mouths and nature and.
Speaker 3: We loved it as kids.
Speaker 1: I watched it now I went.
Speaker 3: Okay, pretty ship is pingu in the meme there's a meme that goes around of it's like a ping a clamation penguin sitting on a bench with its arms crossed, looking at very sort of like and look. I think the general thing is when someone asks, when someone when someone asked me to do anything, even vaguely, well, now I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing it's a Pingo.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've inspired me to sort of look up Blue Peter just to sort of get the etymology of it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look it up to Blue Peter. Okay, so Blue Peter is a TV show, so it's like a kid's show.
Speaker 3: It's not like it is the longest running children's TV show in the word. Nineteen fifty eight is started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what guess how many episodes I'm gonna say, I know, and ninety four.
Speaker 3: That's incredibly specific and also incredibly correct.
Speaker 1: Finished in twenty eleven, Holy By.
Speaker 3: The show uses a nautical title and theme. Also, Wikipedia is asking me for money.
Speaker 1: It's always been the case, hasn't it. Yeah, run your business better? Oh my god, I sort of cook it highlight terrible. I know you inter create it, but yeah, please don't. Okay.
Speaker 3: My first trivia question to you is how many presents does Cartman o Santa?
Speaker 1: Three hundred and something? I'm going to say three hundred and eighty nine and six hundred and six, okay, and he's still like two even if you q cancer and aids or so three or something something like that. Yeah. Yeah, Where does Santa live in his or was it Fortress so Solitude?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, trailer for the New Superman coming out in a couple of days. Apparently we're recording this early, so you're probably everyone's already seen it.
Speaker 1: Going no timestamp shit stings on as all right.
Speaker 3: Your last question, my last question, and it's sort of ties into what I was asking earlier about cousin Kyle. How many naughty deeds has Cartmen done, and how many nice deeds has he done?
Speaker 1: Ah, no idea.
Speaker 3: It's four three hundred and twelve naughties versus three nice Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad. It doesn't qualify as being nice. All right, that's just onely brushing your teeth. If you're a fan of everything we do here at Going Down to south Park, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, well you'll absolutely love being a member of the Going Down the south Park family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and ad free every single week, as well as access to exclusive Facebook slash discord communities. So go ahead and join the family today and support your pals Guyan Dando by going to patreon dot com slash four figure discount. All right, So the visual air day of Red sleigh Down was December eleventh, two thousand and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: A little bit early before Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we actually ed well recording it on December seventeenth, so twenty two years ago, five days ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really playing mucking around with time this time?
Speaker 1: I am this episode very confused. Production cost sixty one seven, Written and directed by Trey Parker. It kicks off with cousin Kyle, as we were saying, and he's done some numbers, and it says, you know, it doesn't look good for Kyle after Cartman being on the Nice List this year because he's gonna oh Santa one three hundred and six presents, because he's done so many naughty things. He goes, what about it? No hitting Clydees balls. He's like, no, that doesn't work, because loved it. Token loved it for twenty minutes, you laugh for twenty minutes. And he goes, well you can'tman really wants that that habo doll. So he's gonna have to do some really nice shit in order to get into onto that nice list. I mean, even if he cured cancer and cured AIDS, he ain't getting none of it. But as I was saying, I just love clever, cousin Carr going, I'm just in your camp. Don't blame me for the numbers. So we can't argue with numbers. Numbers don't lie, absolutely not no, exactly. So he says, you're gonna have to do the nicest, greatest thing that anyone has ever done. Ever, if you want to get onto that nice list. So we set the challenge. We have set the challenge. Yes. By the way, the spoiler alert for me was that I knew Kenny returned to this episode. What are the patrons spoiled it for me? And I was like, what are you doing? So patrons don't do that to podcasters. So I kind of watched this episode going, oh, is a nice thing going to be he somehow revives Kenny. That's what I'm watching his going. You know, when you know how spoiler is like, and you sit there watching the movie, going all right, when's this spoiler going to happen? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sort of takes you out of it a bit.
Speaker 1: I remember going to see a movie it's pretty much forgotten these days. What is it?
Speaker 3: It's called Deception starring Hugh Jackman and you and McGregor. Spoiler that I'm.
Speaker 1: Guessing someone's gonna be deceived. Someone cant be dressed, So why would you name me a movie? So the light in the Christmas tree, the town light in the Christmas tree? What was odd they were doing this on Christmas Eve? Ah? Yeah, I guess the lighting of the tree. I think that's the start of the Christmas season, right, yeah, well it's.
Speaker 3: When the twelve days of Christmas start, like twelve days before Christms, I would assume, so yes, yeah, okay, yeah, I don't know. Maybe there are special Christmas Eve celebrations. It's like Carol's by candlelight perhaps, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but still Christmas Tree usually have it up started anyway, it doesn't matter. They light the Christmas tree and captain'sday has been overly nice. He's got his ugly sweater on and she's trying to push the whole Now, you've got to take a time to think about the poor kids over in Iraq or suffering right now, even to me, it Christmas for political agenda. Just no one's buying. What are you doing carbon? On the thirsday of.
Speaker 4: Queen Notes, Maggie to True Love.
Speaker 1: Gave two.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Me a a.
Speaker 3: Oh now I remember that you were saying, I forgot that it was the twelve days of Christmas.
Speaker 1: And that's the joke. But yeah, very very funny. Just it's it's what gets me with Jimmy's voices when he tries it's just he's trying to say twelve.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 1: The second of it that always gives me. Cartman is now gathering up all these think things to as he calls it, as he says, to give to the needy Iraqies and standing casts it like they're not buying it at all. When it mister, thank you, he said, sure, you look like you're getting into the Christmas spirit in the campment. So he creates the poo Cho Express. He's going to take them all the way to Santa Santa can help them deliver the presence to the Iraqi kids.
Speaker 3: Indeed, I love the cap and just has the the mask can't stay on those they hate that stupid Christmas pooh.
Speaker 1: Yes my home, mister Hanky. It really stinks any but the kids still join them anyway, and we get the train song. Let's no Poochin.
Speaker 2: Try poo Choo trains laying down It's tracks with the po all the way round back poo poo Jane is my favorite things bending Christmas joy and me ride anything.
Speaker 4: Dude, what the hell has gotten in the carten?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Christmas time wouldn't be the same without hooks and kisses in a boo choo tray cuta Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Jimmy is still trying to sing his twelve Days of Christmas. That's sort of just a way of taking things up. Yeah, it's you would say that there's a b plot. It's not really, but it's a it's not. It's not a b blood. But you need the cutaways, you do need them. Yes, But then we have them arriving at the North Pole in the Puchu Express They go to Santa's Fortress of Solitude, and the underpants nomes are there because only twelve ten months of the year, the underpants Nomes and the rest, they're here at Christmas helping pack the presence and build the presence.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, say you do a bit of driving for Uber eats over the holiday season, just just a good bath.
Speaker 1: Yes, And he says he's been check, has been checking the list. He mentions how some kids try to cramin all the nice things at the very end come it's like, oh my goodness, how ridiculous. And they can't suggest they send the Christmas Spirit to Iraq, and Santor agrees, as peraps, Santa can bring the whole bring peace to the whole situation over there. Because I guess this kind of feels dated now. The us Iraq angle because that war war is over now, isn't it. But you know, well, it's just something. It just shifts to something else. Yeah. Then he says the good let up the sleigh go for a special run and the boys can stay home and watch him from his flight control center. My Jimmy is still trying to sing. Then Sandra arrives in bag Dad and he's dropping presents to everybody, and everyone's like kind of confused by it all.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think yeah, Christmas is a big holiday over in that part of the world.
Speaker 1: Is just some guy in the rest who just started flying over Reindyer dropping press. You're like, what is happening again?
Speaker 3: Not the time stame particular episodes, but it's almost it'd be like if you were, say, living in New Jersey and you looked up and there were drones everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's like, what's going on? I don't know a timestamp, but here's a timestamp. Guys didn't want a time dam was knoll? Okay fine, By the way, this episode never airs. There's drones just like second over. Oh yeah that was the less we heard from Radio Free Australia. Yes so yes, So Sata is in bad Dad dropping all the presents, and they should have missile at him. Red Sleigh down, Red Sleigh down, which is which is?
Speaker 3: And it's literally back all down. I mean it's the way it's shot in the way of the the slave blackhole down was two thousand and one, I want to say, sounds about right, Yes, it was big. At the same time, so Santa Than calls them. He says, you know, reindeer dead, legs broken, and then we hear they've come from go.
Speaker 1: Away with you bastards. And that's the moment where I go, Okay, this is not going to be a regular Christmas. Specially can't reveals the reason he was doing all this so we can get the toy. They can't believe it. Oh Christ Jesus. Yes, and the underpants name suggest the backup sleigh. We cut back to Jimmy still singing, and then they mentioned the underpants name is mentioned here. They put the data into autopilot so the sleigh, the Red Sleigh two, can take him to Red Sleigh one. They can find him easier, and he mentions, in order to take off the sleigh, you need to have the reindeer names, not the old ones, the new ones we mentioned earlier. I just love the way they fly off. Good luck Nanning Jesus so Cartman is now singing his sung up in the in the sleigh. So there two songs already, I think so. Yeah, as we had the Pouchu Express, now we got this song. It's christ the Special. You can have a song those songs you do.
Speaker 4: Indeed, well, look you guys who're riding in Santa sleigh, we should be able to find Jesus at no time. I'm riding in Santa Slay high above the trees the Christmas time with candy cane wishes. What are you doing and having a precious Christmas time? No care if you don't.
Speaker 1: Man, Sander's now taken two D. Or the torture room, I guess, couldn't you torture room, torture arium, yep, have a name, tortureum, torture chamber. Chambers is terrifying, isn't it? Tortured chamber?
Speaker 3: But I think that's yeah, that's the that's usually the second part of It's like I'm going after the torture. Yeah, chamber sounds about it, man, Yeah, positively medieval.
Speaker 1: Put them, whereas sex chamber sounds very exciting. Well, you know me a sex chamber. He sex dungeonal dungeon, dungeons the one, Yeah, put them in the iron maiden. Torture dungeon doesn't sound scary.
Speaker 3: Torture chain.
Speaker 1: It would have meant the chamber.
Speaker 3: It sounds redundant. Yeah, I mean because our medieval friends used to have what they used to call the bedroom, the bed chamber. I think all the rooms were various chambers. Chambers sound great. It was like chamber having as.
Speaker 1: A wrestling match where I called the elimination chamber.
Speaker 3: I just started calling roots in your house, the various chamber, water chamber.
Speaker 1: That's what WC comes from. What is the water chamber? It's a toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh really, and that's why you know after the w C.
Speaker 1: I've never heard anyone say that in my life.
Speaker 3: As Nicola never said this being English because it seems.
Speaker 1: A very duney. She's a Chian mate. Now they take.
Speaker 3: Calling rooms in my house the chamber.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the cooking chamber to make two minute noodle. Yes, all right, we now returned you.
Speaker 3: It's the line guy.
Speaker 1: We now return you. The red sleigh down, which is already in progress, takes into the chamber, they take off his pants and I don't like where this is gun before he mentions the commercialism and how they think the US is sick and the Western civilization is sick because of the way they commercialized Christmas. And they applied the electro shock to his testicles, not Santa's balls, And I want to know what is the US plan? What are they planning here? And then this is where we get Sander dropping the fuck bomb. I'll fucking kill you and tell me, tell me all you know. It's gonna be a long knack. They don't know ship. The boys then fly into the church to gather Jesus. He says he knows a way to save Santa to Christmas miracle and load, lock and load with his guns. Jimmy is still singing. Then Santa is still being still singing. Yes, Santa is still being tortured. This is where everyone arrives in Bagdad and comes what a ship, I mean the people. Jesus then tells Hanky to land on the roof because he must be in that building he's directly underneath them. The Iraqi soldiers come out there arrive, but Jesus says he can handle it.
Speaker 3: You should know something. I'm packing. Just give the.
Speaker 1: Double tap on the other guy. Nice cartmen. This is such a magical Christmas adventure, you guys. Meanwhile, Jimmy still singing. Jimmy still singing, and they're trying to with Santa here. They're trying to force them to drink the oils all you Western capitalists want, and Jesus enters in fox them up. Oh yeah, ah, thank thank god for you Jesus.
Speaker 3: Here, can you walk?
Speaker 1: Santa's legs are broken, they are healed. Santa.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't let him live. He shock Santa's bows. Then alarm goes off to the ner. They have to get out of there. Meanwhile, Jimmy still singing. We got back to Baghdad and the soldier shoots Jesus and I went, oh boy, oh shit, this is happening. And also this is Jesus, you think, hmmm, he himself.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty plot hole you just found there, guy, it's been knitted.
Speaker 1: I'm picking especially for Christmas. Basically, you know that we get the classic action sequence death scene. It's just a scratch. You're a bad liar. She'll she'll give him a fight. Huh, and as Stan says, this is pretty fucked up Jesus and a.
Speaker 3: Nice callback to various episodes of South They head where was the even spirit of Christmas?
Speaker 1: Where they It's pretty fucked up right here, they say all the time.
Speaker 3: I yeah, as we said, Christmas Special, play the hits.
Speaker 1: What was the one where they did the carryout together? The way they made their own Christmas Special? I think so they remade the spirit of Christmas. Yeah, because Santa doing karaoke was just the best. Unfortunately, Jesus has passed away. The Iraqis have killed Jesus and they get to the roof and Santa says he's holding them off as they get in the sleighy all getting a sleigh. Eventually they escape. Captman tries to sing again, I.
Speaker 3: Love all those cliches, like, you know, the sleigh is actually taking up, but someone's gonna make a run for it and got shot. I don't get shot, but yeah, as he said, Carmen's car and singing again, look.
Speaker 1: At me rad in hand. All want to do was show the people here in bad Dab what the Christmas spirit, what it means. Sander's like, you're right, and I thought he was going to bum them. Oh, likewise, I was like, oh shit, but no he ate Well, he does bomb them with Christmas spirit that's presents and whatnot. Yeah, it turns all the weapons into candy canes and presents and various other festive things. Then be at the Jimmy and he's finally finished, but unfortunately the tree doesn't work. Yes, Christmas is ruined again. Christ has been ruined previously, ruin again. And then Santra arrives with his magic Christmas festive bombs saves the day. And Santa has a very special magic. He's learned something today that Jesus gave his life to save him and save everybody else. So it's important every year we should remember Jesus and for what he did and thank you for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just briefly, and then you know, get back to the real meaning of Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then of boys, you might win to check into the Christmas You do a very good Santa Dan. What was the faces of parody of Yeah, that's a really good question. I don't know. I guess it felt like the kids from remember those old sort of the stop animating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole ranking mass stuff that did that they Rootolf? That they did Rudolf, they parried it in elf. Yes, as well.
Speaker 1: That kind of feels a little bit like what was the fire versus ice guy? Is it? Yeah, that's Santa's coming to town. I think it's called I think a look it's to love when I was a kid to town stop motion. I think, look, Santa Claus is coming to town. TV Movie Night nineteen seventy. I guess you've fred a stare, Mickey Rooney, Holy Molly, did you ever see this? Have you seen this? Have you seen this? You hear about this? This is a differently, this is one has the Burgermeister. Yeah, he was a guy that hated hated toys.
Speaker 3: In a nutshell endearing, wholesome and merry, thank you Aim.
Speaker 1: It does look a little bit like that. You're right. I think it's for fifty one minutes. I just love it.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, Burger Master, the oh sounds pretty harsh. Yeah, Burger Master, the ruler of somber Town, I can relate, decides to the story all the toys but Chris, that's Chris Kringle and his friends to decide to deliver them. When Burger Master finds out about their planning, it lays.
Speaker 1: A trapped to capture them.
Speaker 3: You go, Burger Master Mickey Rooney is a Santa Chicken out Guy's probably on YouTube somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it is so anyway, so Sanders saved the day they opened up their presence, and they've all got haybo dolls and carts furious about this worthless and gay as he puts it. But then Kenny just randomly arrives. Oh hey, it's Kenny back. Hey, how you doing man? Glad things are finally back to normal. And that is the end of the season. Season six overall, really as we had a really fun Chris A special, not one for the kiddies at all, not really, No, but they bring back of it, as you like to say, played the hits, he didn't. They bring about mister Hankey and the underpants gnomes, and it's like, why have people enjoyed the most over the last couple of season, Let's bring those back? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or hey, you forgot you enjoyed this, didn't you. Yeah, it's some underpants.
Speaker 1: Nomes underpants names. Indeed, So thank you guys for your support here at going down to South Up we hope you all as you would hearing this. We hope you're had a fantastic holiday season. However you choose to celebrate it. Maybe you don't want to celebrate it. We hope you celebrated. We hope you spent the day the way you pleased.
Speaker 3: That's a really diplomatic way. But had a good time. Well done to you. Yeah, a happy holiday season, however you choose to celebrate. Yeah, what do you do for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Umm?
Speaker 3: We are going down to bar and heads, Louise and I to spend time with my family. And after that, I imagine we will crash out on the couch and binge some ninety day.
Speaker 1: You should make her watch a lot of the rings. Then you know she's the one to put the ring on her finger. Has she seen the films? I already know that. I'm not sure if she has. Oh, you have to make her watch them, right, it's your tradition. I don't have to make is it? Christ As I was at New Year's your tradition? It was usually Boxing Day? Boxing Day? Yes? Did you how many how many years straight?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: You did it? Did you watch all three or just one particular one? I know I would do all three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wake up early, make your little hobbit breakfast, and you know, run all three extended editions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's you're looking at. It's an all day, eleven to twelve hours. Yeah, it's an all day commitment. Yeah. How many days? How many years straight? Do you reckon? You did that whole?
Speaker 3: Not that many, but a fair few, maybe like five or six.
Speaker 1: That's a tradition. Okay, Well that's what I did. And have you ever done it since you met Louise? No? Oh, she's changed you man. Well that's all right, change me for the better. One.
Speaker 3: My thing used to always be upper Christmas.
Speaker 1: For some reason, myper Christmas couras to always be on the TV or I used to love because they this is back before we end streaming and whatnot. The TV stations would play all the Christmas episodes of TV shows and whatnot. So you put it on and be like all the Friends Christis episodes or the Simpsons Christis episode is like, this is just nice. Okay, I don't do any perusing getting them.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm reminded of the of the of where exactly we're at?
Speaker 1: Yes, calendar, yes, indeed, all right, guys, so next week on going down to south we shall be doing our season six wrap up where we run through our favorite episodes of the season. I also thought we could sort of throw in a new thing is here a new thing in there as well top moments of the season. So it might be it might not be a particular episode that makes you top five, but as a moment from that episode that you want to consider some of your top moments as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, then, well I'm glad you inform me of this. Yes, but you can get in contact with us.
Speaker 1: Don't forget it is south Park Mailbag at gmail dot com. Love to hear from each and every single one of you. Will be up to Christmas and what you'd like to hear us and see us do in the new year as well. What episodes we're going to start doing some more exclusive reviews? Skip aheads for Patreon. Which episodes would like as a tackle? Skip ahead and check out give us give us some ideas which ones we should be looking at, not tackle the the specials as well. That's a very good idea. Yes, all right, Well, next week is the top episodes of season six Season six wrap up. This has been the finale of Season six Red sleigh Down, mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there, Well, what a great bunch of listeners.