Speaker 1: You're listening to BIGFLA Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. In this show, we go beyond the campfire stories to bring you first hand encounters from people who say they've seen something impossible. From backwoods trails and remote mountain haulers to quiet farms and crowded highways. The stories come from everywhere, and each one leaves us with more questions than answers. These are the voices of the people who've lived it. To settle in, because today you'll hear another account that just might change the way you see the woods forever. So stay with us, all right, Big for Society. We got the privilege of talking to Mike today. Mike is an individual I got connected to over through Instagram, I believe, and Mike's got some interesting things to share, some experiences. We'll be going over into Oregon for a bit with some interesting things that happened to Mike out in the woods and he's going to share more about that in a bit. But welcome to the show, Mike. How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 2: Just good Man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it absolutely. We were just chatting a bit before we hit record, and this is going to be kind of a kind of a wild one to be an interesting one. The way we're going to do tonight is we'll probably chat as we go along, which might be a little different than some listeners are used to, but hey, that's what we're going to do with this one, so it's all good. Feel free to lead us where you want this to start out at, and we'll kind of chat as we go along.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, sure. So I grew up in southern Orgon, and just twenty minutes from my hometown there's a trivial Bigfoot live trap that is a big tourist hot spot. People go and check it out. Grew up with all that bigfoot stickers everywhere, kind of before the big boom across the country seem when everybody's back in their cars now and whatnot. It's always kind of been that way there, Northern California, southern organ It's very well for Sasquatch. Never really paid any mind to it. I was going to do the ROTC route, joined the Army after high school. That didn't pan out for me, thankful for that now, but I ended up getting in wildland firefighting, and my first season out I was on a This was my third fire with a company based off southern Oregon. Gray Back is the name of that company, and we were on what was the nation's biggest fire at the time, and the intensity at fire was so much so that trees were exploding from the heat and causing fires to start up to a mile and a half away from these exploding chunks of tree, and so we were doing a process called greeting the green, so we wanted to make sure that wasn't fired and started behind us so we wouldn't get burnt over. And so we're chopping through thick, thick, thick stuff that you know, there's I think the closest man made structure where we were at on that fire was seventy five miles away and it was a lightning lookout tower, so not even a town close by or anything like that. We're in the thick of it, eating MRI's, you know, stinking, sweating, working hard and well. We had been greening the green for about two and a half hours, and I was greenhorn back then, but I had been hunting for a number of years at that point, learned to hunt for really good people, and so my tracking skills are probably better than your average bear. Not that I'm yeah in maths or anything like that, but I had to relieve myself, and so I hauler down the line because we all walk in the line about twenty feet apart, and we just look for, you know, any amber's smoke coming up, because when it goes up, it goes as quick. You don't want to get caught in between it. So I yelled this big country bumpkin guy named Jesse about six foot five, two eighty massive man, Hey, Jesse, I gotta take a dump, Dude. I go on this big redwood tree. It says okay, okay, and it says go. So I'm doing my thing. And if you're not aware of redwoods, they have duff, right, and so deaf is leaf litter that accumulates underneath the tree. And what it's unique about redwood trees is they can get like three feet of dof and so it's almost like a foam sponginess under these trees in some circumstances, especially when they're like an older tree. Right. So I'm burying my stuff back up and putting my backpack on, and I look on the ground and I noticed, I said, oh my godness, are those foot tracks and I'm going up and I wear a size eleven and a half boot and I go to the first one and I was like, wow, family's like toes. And I'm looking at it and it's in this duff mind you, so it's not super it's not super like pronounced toes right per se. On the first one, I noticed, and then I see a lion. I'm like, oh man, there's more, and I'm following and then I noticed there's big tracks and little tracks, and like I said, we're out in the middle of nowhere. And it was about on track number seven that I saw a perfect, I mean perfect footprint and I'm just jaw drop looking at this thing and I'm like, oh man, And I got my boot next to it. Eleven and a half boot measures out about a football. It was right about that footmark, but it was wider than my boot and you could specifically see each toe and I'm like, whoa, you know. That was my first different counter. I saw nine tracks, mom and babe babe tracks, and it's just out in the middle of nowhere. It was the fire was too crazy. There's people, houses and stuff on the edge of the fire farther away where we were getting burnt down and nobody's putting on fake sasquat shoes and stopping around in the woods right in that circumstance. So that was what got me.
Speaker 1: That was really wild.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: So this is you said, within like thirty miles of Applegate, Oregon. Yeah, yeah, that's where the trap is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. And so the tracks that you saw, how far apart were the tracks from each other?
Speaker 2: So it looked to me it looked like a like something that if I was doing a big lunch, as far as the bigger tracks I could, I could accomplish. But then again, you got to think if it was a mother and a baby, she's not going to be at full pace, right, She's got to keep up with her young and her mother. If the baby's walking with her, if it's too big for her to carry or whatever it was walking side by side with her. Right. There was only two of the smaller tracks that that were noticeably like, yeah, this is definitely a footprint. And it was a little bit bigger than half of her the females what I'm assuming to be the female's track, And so I would say the gate was probably three and a half maybe, and it was pretty good, pretty good.
Speaker 1: Gate gotcha the way could you tell the way it seemed to be walking where the tracks lined up one in front of the other or side by side, or.
Speaker 2: You know. I was in such awe and right kind of disbelief at the moment. I had a to bring you back in time. I have a razor two at the time, and I was going to take a picture of it. And before I took a picture of it, the one perfect track, I called that country bunk and digested Jesse get over here? What comes running over and say slow down? Slow down? He's running and he ends up stepping on a stick that's like nine feet away and ends up blowing under the duff. It rises up and blows all the toes out of the one perfect track, and I'm like, I'm losing my mind at him. I was like, do you see these these are foot planting student He's like, I guess you know, I mean, this guy eats grands. He's not he's not right, And I'm like and I'm just losing my mind over and I'm like, I can't believe you just blew out the one. So yeah, I would say they seemed to be I do recall that it was there wasn't any station. As far as the tracks were very linear. I do remember that that they were close together and it wasn't like turning or anything. They knew exactly where they're going and they were heading that way, and it seemed now that yeah, it probably was more in line than yeah, side by side.
Speaker 1: Okay, a few more questions. It's a few more about this one. So can you provide the approximate year? And you told me the name of the fire, but can you say that again? And also are there any other location descriptors for the area that you were in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this was the this was two thousand and eleven, summer of twenty eleven, I'd say probably mid June. Spent a lot of time. But and so what I remember is this was it's like the third day of fire that we're on. We ha had a hike sixteen miles in off the forestry road to get to our where we base camped out. And then we had a we're hiking about sixteen miles every day, not including the work, just to get to the fire from our camp where we could get food. Hello dropped in. So I remember, gosh, man, I wasn't at a point where I was running. I guess I was in charge of really knowing where we were at or anything. I was just figuring out the ropes, you know, I was eighteen years old. I do recall that there was this area right before, right before we got there, there was this big area of large granite boulders, granite quartz boulders, like seven eight feet tall and kind of like quite a bit without any exposed mountain side, Like we're in the mountains and it's steep as hell, but it's like these big kind of rocks like almost seemed mythical, and it was like, weird, Wow, this is beautiful and weird. It's just in the middle of nowhere. And then we went down a valley across the little creek and then it was all these big old growths and that's kind of where it happened. Okay, I don't really have any specifics more than that, but yeah, in the in the heart of the southern Oregon.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. And what was the name of the fire again?
Speaker 2: That was the was that the very rock or the very point very okay, very point fire, I believe.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay, thank you. Yeah. So so then you have that experience where you see these large tracks and that kind of that affects you definitely, and then after that do you start looking into things or how did what kind of path does that aide you on? After that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, that definitely got the cogs movement. I had had my first word experience at fourteen with my family in the middle of the Lake UFO experience, and that's kind of got me down that path. And then so I was kind of already introjectory on that, but I didn't even think Bigfoot was real or had you know, I just thought it was a kooky hitnie thing. So yeah, after that, I definitely started looking into it. But podcasts weren't really around back then, at least to the point where it's on your phone and stuff, So I didn't really start hearing other encounters from other people or doing serious digging probably until I would say probably after I had a couple other UFO experiences. I just started digging into the whole topic as a whole and just kind of found correlations and then started getting into Bigfoot. And then you know, I got an iPhone that I can pull up a podcast song, and then I just kind of delved into it from there. So I'm not very tech savvy, as you know, So it's it's not something that I would jump on my desktop at home and go research after school. I was I was shooting squirrels and Cosmo Rucus you know, gotcha? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool? Cool? So what what would you think? The next thing that you had some sort of experience that that related to sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Was for sure? So, and this is something that we were talking about earlier that I and I didn't find this correlation until later listening to podcasts where I'm not sure if you're familiar with the h I couldn't tell you that researchers. Have you seen that the researchers who they claimed to have via thermal videotaped a portal with sasquatches and all this stuff, and then someone picking up on thermal and then the old two old dudes going there they both died cancer like three months later. I'm talking about. I think Tony Merphle did something about that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about? Yep. So it was that that documentary that it clicked for me, where they had talked about in these supposed portals or whatever opened up, or I'd heard it on I think a West Grimmer podcast too, where someone said they saw a orb and then a sasquatch and they're hearing these like loud, almost crunching, metallic, crazy sounds, but very metallic sounding. I definitely heard that out there in the woods, probably five or six times, fighting fire, thinking it was a piece of machinery. I mean, use machinery and stuff out there, but you usually hear the machinery. It was just that alone standing alone and doing well, that's weird, but there's just so much chaos and pandemonium and making sure you're not getting purked by fire, so it's not really on the forefront of your mind at the time, but that is. That's really the only other sasquatch encounters that I have that I can tie anything too.
Speaker 1: Can you describe a little bit more about what the metallic sounds were like that you were hearing those five or six times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was all very similar each time. And the weird thing about it was it just it was so it was so loud. It was just so loud, and so it almost sounded like a car crash where it's metal and metal. It almost sounded like I think of a panel of the door just like crumbling in on itself, really fast and violent, like like whoa like sharp, definitely tabic sounding, but just unworldly, like very just kind of And I remember one circumstance where we were all talking to our boss and it was kind of giving us the plan for what's next, and then we heard that sound pretty close, probably three four hundred yards away, and three quarters of the crew snapped their neck and looked into the woods and were like, what is that? And they just wrote it off there. It was just you know, because a lot of a lot of men, if they don't know, they just write things off, especially scary, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So we all tend to do that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, logically, our I think our minds tried to do that to save ourselves somehow write it off. Is this also in Southwest Oregon and around the same time period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought far six years out there. All all the big foot encounters or metallic sounds and those footprints all took place in either southern Oregon or in California, But really in that Emerald Triangle in the thick gold woods. That's where it was happening at.
Speaker 1: So gotcha. Yeah, okay, did any did Bigfoot ever come up in conversation between you and any other fire firefighters on your crew?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so I I after the footprints, oh man, because I was the young buck out there too, And oh, I just got hammered by everybody. And like I said, that first company I was working for, as great and grandioso as they are, they're not They're not very freethinkers, very redneck and setting their ways. You know, old dogs. You're not going to teach a new trick too. So yeah, I just got berated and you know, they're you're crazy. You know, I'm not talking to you guys ever about this again. So yeah, that was that. But then the other five years. I ended up leaving that company because I just didn't get along with those guys too well. And I went to another company, and I had had talks with some of those guys, but never experienced anything really with that company. We weren't in the think of it as much as my first company.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so that the new company was more understanding about what you'd gone through or were they also like, oh, yeah, we've had stuff happen out here.
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely, definitely. Yeah, plenty of other people who have had encounters that I've met over the years, especially men who spent their time in the woods that much, for sure.
Speaker 1: Gotcha were they were they talking about like, oh, yeah, we've seen something or more we've heard something and we've seen tracks stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So this is actually I tracks I've met probably from the firefighting community out there, probably five or six guys who have seen tracks at some point in time. Probably another handful of guys who have liked seen like something jumped from bush to bush or tree to treat and they're like, what was that? That wasn't a bear? Most of these guys are avid hunters, know their way around the land. Know white animals are out there, aren't you know, most of them that killed a bear, they're not. They're not too worried about anything out there, you know, and it's scares you. You know, you're not especially when you don't know what it is. So yeah, but yeah, they were much more understanding that company, for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I uh, I the this is a little a little off topic, but the speaking of other people's encounters, I was I was living in Washington.
Speaker 2: Uh. I was doing custom fireplaces and I had a I was listening to a Sasquatch Chronicles and had a customer asking me what I was listening to. And I was like kind of embarrassed, as like a Sasquatch Chronicles. And they're like, oh, is that a podcast? And I was like, yeah, yeah it is. And and then the wife's like, you gotta tell him. You got to tell him your encounter. And I was like, oh, what, And so he told me there were him and his prior and while we're going hunting and juvenile sasquatch there out in the middle of nowhere, while they're setting up their fire, just and other and another ones building a tent, a sasquatch came. A young sasquatch came screaming, waving its arms over tent through the middle of their camp, pushed the old and into the fire, and they just ran straight through, screamed in the whole way. They said they left their guns their tent. They jumped in the truck and damped and I was like, did you ever get your stuff back? He's like, yeah, we came back three days later with a bunch of guns and a bunch of people and our stuff and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I pushed them right in the fire. Can you share the I'm sure you can't share the exact location, but the region is this like Olympic Peninsula or oh.
Speaker 2: You know, uh uh, yeah, it was around that area. I forgot about. I did have another encounter out a national forest with my daughter and my wife. Yeah, I forgot my dogs. I forgot about that one too. That one. We can get to that one too, I guess while we're on the West coast next. Yeah. This was actually probably about six months after I had heard that story. Living outside Seattle for like three years and just trying to get away from the city. We went out Olimpia and did some camping no cell service, and I thought it'd be a good idea with my daughter to walk around the campsite. There was only us in one other family. It was kind of in the middle of summer, but it was I guess it was. It was before fourth of July, so it wasn't very busy, and there was us and the camp hosts, and then another young family who had two boys, and I had my daughter who was looking six at the time, and the kids are kind of playing whatever, and then we settled down eat dinner. I was like, hey, you want to go for a walk before dinner or before by time. She was like, yeah, sure walk and I was like, you want to you some you want to do some Sasquatch hoots and she's like, gosh sure. So we're doing like big old bard owl hoots. And I haven't I haven't been drinking for a couple number of years now, but back then I still was drinking and I probably had good five beers or so. I was feeling pretty good. I was sleeping on dirt. No, I was going to sleep good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I passed out and I wake at that like two thirty three in the morning to what sounds like an eight hundred pound owl on top of my head, sol loud like.
Speaker 2: I shot up out of bed. I grabbed my forty four magnat I cracked that thing back and I'm looking and I'm like, my heart's just like oh, I'm sweating cold sweats, and I'm like, what's going on. I'm like, it's okay, it's okay. My tent's not shaking, it's not moving, but it's just sounds like, it's right on top of me. And then the next morning, after breakfast, I go out and I asked the I was, okay, did you hear anything last night to my name? To the guy who's closest to us, he's eight hundred yards away or whatever with his two boys, He's like, yeah, I think I had an owl on top of my trailer. I was like, it's actually coming from over that way. I heard exactly where it's coming from because I'm in a tent. No, it was too loud. It had to be on top of my camp. And I was like, dude, I'm telling you, I think it was a sasquatch. And then he didn't let his kids play with my kid anymore for the next two days and I was like, oh, dude, that but but it scared him. He like to put his kids inside the trailer. Right after that, he's like, we need to like well, I mean rightfully, so we'reund minn't know where, no cell service and kids kind of.
Speaker 1: Freaking what sorry, before did you say what forest that was? Or was it a certain state forest.
Speaker 2: Or oh with the with the yeah, that was the Olympia National Park. I should ask my wife. I it was in Olympian National Park. I bet she noticed the campsite. Dude.
Speaker 1: Uh, she is good at the sich no properthdays and names.
Speaker 2: Dude, just over here scratching away.
Speaker 1: Somewhere on the Olympic Peninsula. It sounds like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It wasn't right on the coast, it was. It was more in line. It was a like, I pay for a campground that's maintained and stuff, but it's just wilderness out there. There's no showers, portal pot They did have portal and they did have port potties. They had two portal bodies, but just nothing. Okay, Wood's beautiful woods, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that was interesting.
Speaker 1: So now would you say those are the main encounters then that you had where you experienced something and you're like out in the woods and something happened.
Speaker 2: No, okay, No, that's like that's like the little stuff happened out west. Surprisingly. I don't know what's going on with this jinky charger though I might have to go. I'm I know it was working. I just don't want to know. I don't know what's going on with this thing. It's not okay, it's charging right now. I just don't want it to die. I'm going to try to, Okay. I like the nervous sweats going through all this right now, stinking and stuff. Dude, Laria, I'm not just okay. So next I guess is out east. So we moved from Seattle. We moved out to me. We got our first house. We live in southern May. I was telling you before you started up the recording. I had a lady tell me. She was like, oh, do you know this creek out out in this area? And I was like, yeah, that's right in my backyard. She grabbed me by the collar and she says, it's haunted. What are you doing there? It's like, I got a house right there and I'm not moving. This is after a couple of encounters and experiences and anyway, Yeah, she got to talk to me because I'm my wife and I own a food trailer as well, and I have a sasquatch dig around there. And most people just you know whatever. But anybody who has seen something or whatever, they usually are like they want to tell you because people think you're crazy. So but yeah, my first encounter out here was I had gone to go get some lobster rolls, which are big out here totally with my girls and ice cream and my sister. She moved out east with us too, from the West Coast. She had gotten divorced and she just wanted a fresh start. At this point, it had been six seven months since we'd been here in Maine, and she had herself a boyfriend and they kind of had just first started dating at this point in time. They were we have a bonfire in our backyard fire pit, and they're having a bonfire back there, and it's it's springtime. So I got to preface this. The encounters, all the encounters that I've had in my behind my house have been spring or fall. So that's just when it's happened over the spanning two years. Oh, I've been here three but over the span of two years, it's been four serious encounters. Some other ones where I'm like, is that something jumping from that tree to that tree kind of thing? Not jumping from tree to tree, but like dashing from build, you know, basswood to oak tree. Or there's a couple of old growths back there that have enough cover for you know, you couldn't see me if I was hiding behind it. Definitely not something big if it was sideways, right, So anyway, and go ahead and feel free to cut me off, because I I'm a chatty cafey sometimes. So we get home and they're out there and they're having some drinks hanging out, and I go down. I said, hey, Sis, what's going on? She's kind of wide eyed and she's looking at me kind of crazy, and I'm thinking, is this guy being weird to you? Like I'd only met him once or twice, and I'm like, I'm like, are you okay? And she's like, I don't know, and I like, look at him. I'm like angry. She's like it's not him, and I'm like, what's going on? And he's and then I look at him and he's like down at the fire and he looks up and he's a wide eyed too, and I was like, what's going on? Guys like grabbing, like, hey, I always have gun on my gun. I was like, what's going on, guys? It's like, what's going on. He's like there's something in the woods, and I was like, someone's in the woods. And he's like, you, I think there's something in the woods. I was like, is it a bear? Like what is it. I don't know. Maybe it's a bear, okay, and he's from the area, so you know, we have it. We do have a fisher cat in her backyard that goes across. I don't know if you're familiar with that, but it's just a big inning weasel. But they make crazy screaming. The sounds they don't they don't make They're not humanoid on two feet, you know what I mean. But yeah, so this is uh, the only time I have experienced the spider crawl, I said, I said, so, what's going on? What's going on? He's like, I don't know. Things have been whistling at us and throwing things at us. I said, what and not that this is kind of weird to throw in there, But I do think it has a correlation. My younger sister was it was her time a month at that point of time, and there was a lot there was like there was a lot of activity that spring especially, and that first encounter seemed like there was two different maybe juvenile males is what I the mass, but there was definitely one. As I'm looking in my backyard across the creek, there's one off to the left, and then there's one off to the right on our side of the creek, but.
Speaker 1: You can actually see them, well you see silhouettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not like in the light of the the outside of the light of the fire. But the one that was on our side of the creek, the spider crawl. I thought this is when I went side, I was like, no, it's just not for me, because it was like from bush to bush and I was like, what is that. You know, I'm going inside, and I had seen the one, and oddly enough, there's big basswood tree. It's similar to oak seems to be. It's the biggest tree in the area. And that is where I've seen every time either.
Speaker 5: Where.
Speaker 2: I've seen it numerous times. Peek out m right, I'm like, just because it's the biggest vegetation there, That's what I'm nice. But so before we go inside and I'll call it quits, I'm like, okay, this is weird. And before we called it quits, we're up on now, up on my back deck, which is about thirty feet away from my fire. Fire is still ripping and we're having and then I hear a whistle. I think it's a human. I grab my mag light, which is like twelve hundred lumens. It's waterproof. It's super nice, and I like a cop pistol and magline. I'm like, boom, Like what is is? Do I got someone in my backyard being weird, you know, because we have some property and this charter's being walky again. Oh my goodness. Anyway, I should probably just go get my stinking charger and yeah, so I mag lighted it and that's when I saw the spider thing and I was like oh. And then from the left, I had like like a MLB picture fastball and acorn about an inch from my head and blew up on the side of my house. I was thrown so hard an acorn. I was like oh. And then I was like, I mean, we were saying a lot of other words, and then my little sister started crying. She was like and she just went inside. And Dan's like, can I stay here tonight? And I was like, yeah, dude, that's funny. Like so, because you know, they were hanging out. He had had a couple of beers and he didn't want to drive, but everybody was pretty shook up. So that was the first experience here in me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, So yeah, when you saw spider crawl, how quickly was it moving?
Speaker 2: Oh it's creepy, dude, was so creepy. It was trying to be quiet. The only reason I picked up on it since I heard a teeny little stick break and I was like canned over and that's when I had the bag light and it was just like like a flash, like a furry flash into this thick it's like a bunch of fern and it was that other plant, brushy plant and very thick. Can't see through it with the flashlight, but yeah, it was just maybe a three foot gap in between those where it was like, oh what was that? So I didn't even get like really colored definition on it. But for whatever reason, like actually gray stands out to me, but I you know, I don't know. It was all within a milliseconds, So it just was weird. So that was that was the first encounter. I'm sure you have heard the theory that just like any large predator, they use waterways as highways. Yeah, so that's not anything new on my book as far as being a hunter and stuff like that. But so it makes sense springtime, fall time use it as a highway, gotcha? I covered in nervous sweats right now.
Speaker 1: Dude, Oh, I don't blame you. I mean that man, if I was through something like that, that would be with me for probably forever. So you were having multiple experiences at this one property.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it kind of ramped up a little bit. Uh not as far as like there. That's the only time where I was definitely sure there was more than one. But I almost had the feeling like one of those adolescents had a look, had an interest in my little sister. She's she's a beautiful young woman, you know, but she I remember coming home a couple of times where she's like, and you know, my wife was out doing something with my daughter or whatever, and it was later or whatever, and it was just her and she's like, I don't want to take the dogs out. It's weird out there. And here's the other thing, the how people talk about it just being dead quiet, like unnaturally quiet during these events. I've experienced that every single time something weird' spin back here, Like no cicadas, no grasshoppers, we got millions of frogs, like in the springtime that come out of that creek. No frogs, no nothing going on. So that's definitely noteworthy as well. But yeah, the I guess the second encounter after that, So yeah, she said numerous times, two three times where she was like, can you take the dogs out? It's it's weird out there, and I'm like, yeah, sure, dogs whatever, no mind, you know, except for I guess that'd probably be the next time. So this next experience, same place, same house on that now, I went out to take my dogs out. It's probably about ten o'clock at night on a Tuesday. I have a pit bowl and a red nose pit named Waffles. And she's a sweet and she's real dumb, and she barks at the mailman. She doesn't know what's going on. My other dog though, she doesn't mark at anybody. And she's very smart. She's shepherd and pitt and lab. I don't know. She's a very good dog. She's very smart too, and tough. And I was being impatient and didn't even really notice until it was kind of too late. She had her tail tucked touch in her stomach, which this is the only time I've ever seen that dog do that. I've seen her stare down a mast it and win you know who was trying to bite me, and he was like, oh, never mind and ran the other way. She's tough, and so I'm like having to drag her off the deck. I was like, well, go tee in the back and she's like not wanting to even step on the grass. She's on my driveway. She doesn't want to go in the backyard. And I'm like, well, what's going on? And yeah, I literally was dragging Waffles downstairs. What's going on with these dogs? Waffles peek of the driveway. Like I said, she's not very smart, So I was like, whatever, dumb dog, go inside. And then Willow wasn't going on the durt and I was like, okay, that's kind of what I was like. And then I noticed the tail and I was like, okay, what's going on? And so me and my neighbors have big I don't know, it's probably thirty feet deep of untouched woods that divides our properties, and it was in between that finger that separates our property, and it was about halfway up into my like maintained part of my backyard. So we have three quarters of an acre back there, and then it ties into it. Then it's the power companies for like acre, and then it's a forty acre horse farm, and then it's wilderness, so it's there's not any houses or anything in that area. I just figure I put that in there. But yeah, in between this finger, I look up and I see a pair of glowing red eyes, not eyeshine. I've heard the glowing thing, and I always thought it was BS because I've heard about it before this experience on other podcasts, and I was just kind of like maybe suckers were good. And they were like in the moment, they seemed like they were the size of golf balls, I mean huge, like really really big and really really far apart, like not Andre the giant, I don't know would do a justice, like really far apart. And it was a overwhelming sense of fear. I've I've had all sorts of animals from hunting or firefighting. I've been ten feet from a charging moose. I've had you know, I've killed five bear. I've you know, been able to smack an elk on the butt, you know, like I've been up on stuff, dogs, rattlesnakes. I couldn't tell you how many times. This wasn't anything like that. This made me feel like a child, very scared to my core, and I was kind of sick afterwards too. I wasn't throwing up, but I was like shaky and sweaty and like just kind of very distraught for a couple hours. I didn't really sleep that night, and so I wonder if infrasound was a thing, or if that's even a thing. I don't know. I didn't have any sort of major long term or anything like that, but I definitely was shook up. Uh So I look up at these eyes and yeah, man, I yelled at this thing. And I don't I don't. I don't think that the words I chose were my own. I feel like I had some help from the big man upstairs or something, because when I yelled at this thing, I didn't even think about it. I literally looked at it and shaking like a leaf. I yelled at this thing and.
Speaker 6: Yelled, Jesus Christ is king like that, and I like ran inside or right before I know, I was like this and then and I was kind of like this and it and then I heard it say it back, and I don't know if that was in my head, but it was slow and it was a weird.
Speaker 2: Almost robotic cadence to the to the speech and that's all it was. And then I went inside and it was, you know, a mess. It was a mess inside, and I was like, okay. And since that point, I've only had one other encounter, and it was two weeks after the point. I got a food trailer and I was doing inventory at the end of the night. It's like eleven o'clock or something on a Saturday, and so I was I was doing inventory and I walked out and this thing was like five feet behind me and I didn't see it. But as soon as I went to step down out of my trailer onto my step stool to get to them my driveway, it shifted its weight intentionally and I could hear it and it may in the air while I'm stepping to the ground, which is only six seven inches or maybe a foot right. It scared me so bad, and that split second in the air, I rolled my ankle so hard. I'm fit. I'm agile. Dude. I butchered my like, and I was like, because it was like I just heard it in the weight of it just shifting its foot just sounded so massive, and he just scared me. Dude. I literally ran inside that time. So that's that's what I got, man, that's those are those are my sasquatch, bigfoot, whatever you want to call him. We call him frogman back here because we got all these frogs. And for the first year and a half we had all these frogs, and then after the what I believed to be the two encounter, we haven't had any frogs since. I'm like, maybe just eat all the frogs.
Speaker 1: What was the approximate a year, time of year that you had your last event happenait fall of last year? Okay, fall twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, fall twenty five. So there's two encounters. Fall twenty five, there was the first so we moved in the summer of twenty four was our first year here, so it's the spring of twenty five, and then the fall of twenty five. Were those two other encounters?
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, have you talked to your neighbor at all, any of your neighbors to see if they're having things happen or is it you're just dealing with it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think a lot of people here and so then may have a mental capacity to be able to even entertain that. Not that they're not intelligent. I just think a lot of people can't even think about that with just everything going on in the world, and it's kind of one of those things, unfortunately, unfortunately that I feel like your eyes have been open to something because you've experienced something, you kind of pick up on those things a little bit quicker than your average Joe. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that I've missed fighting fire through the years that probably now would have been like, oh my goodness, what is the you know, but when it's right in your face, it's hard to deny, right, So yeah, I I did ask one of my neighbors about it. He's a good, good old marine devil dog, but he's he's like, what, like, never mind. And then I'm not going to ask my other neighbor because she's got a bunch of young teenage girls and I don't.
Speaker 5: Want them getting freaked out. So yeah, and then yeah, so it's it's just it's just, uh, it's interesting. But yeah, I think the thing that helped me the most through this whole thing was having the my little sister and Dan in that one experience, because finally it's like, Okay, everybody's seeing this, everybody's experiencing this. We're having acorns thrown at us from deep in the woods, like ninety miles an hour, blowing up on my side, and you know they could hit us, but they're coming to this close.
Speaker 2: You're like, where's this cut? I mean front flashlighting, nothing, you know, And if it was a human messing around, they would know better around these parts. So because if if they're not going to get shot by me being weirdo in my backyard, mister would happily oblige.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean out there in New England. You're not messing around on people's property. That's not a smart idea. You're gonna get taken out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you'd kind of mentioned this before we start recording. Are you having stuff going on then inside the house as well?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, okay, okay, thank god, that's good. Yeah yeah yeah, no, no weird spiritual activity, man.
Speaker 2: I nothing like that. Although I saw some dark stuff in the streets of Seattle, but that's neither here nor there or a big right But okay, yeah, no know what do they call that the hitchhiker effect? None of that, None of that going on. Yeah, just just very uh, very jarring man, because I don't know how you would. I don't know how you would deal with something like that. And as far as like physically if you needed to. I got some big guns, but I don't know if I'm quick enough or have enough bullets to put one of those things down, you know what I mean. If not that that's my end all goal, I would rather than just leave me alone. But it did come to a point where I was worried about it because it seemed like one was very interested in my little sister, because every time she would go out and take her dog out at night, she would say, I'm getting whistled at in the woods or whatever. And I thought, there are a couple of times I literally threw one boots and rushed out, slam it across the creek with gun in hand, lighting handed, being like, I'm in a find some weird back here. I did that two three times.
Speaker 1: Have you have you heard the whistle yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you able to replicate that?
Speaker 2: Whistling over the clones is probably not not that good? It wasn't. It wasn't any sort of It was just one pitch now the time where there was two. This is the whistles What made me for sure there was two because we heard a whistle off the left heard a whistle off the right within twenty seconds of each other. All right, So whether you're telling hey, you know this or that, I don't know. You know, I've heard the rock click in someplaces, the tree slap in some places, the whistle in some places, and then the animals, you know, Like, I don't have answers for that.
Speaker 1: Was it like, was it like, yeah, it was kind of.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like that. Yeah, it was just a short yeah, yeah, okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I go out to this place in Oregon near Oakridge, and the first year I went out there, we're like thirty miles out in the woods in this one area and when this when there's this one young lady out there with us this one time and other times, something will start whistling at her from the woods. And what I saw happened was that whistle came out from the woods and then but then she would do it back to it, and like for a minute, it was like back and forth, back and forth, but then it started moving away like it was trying to get lower to follow it away. And it was the freakiest thing I've ever seen in my life. It was so weird, dude, but it was. It was that same exact whistle, so yeah.
Speaker 2: It was it almost sounds like a human whistle, like a hey career, Hey yep. It was some drawn out thing or like weird pitch or anything. It sounded very like. That's where I was like, Okay, are there some crazy crackheads. There's not crackheads here, and dang, they'll freeze to death in the winter. You know, it's not the West Coast, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know mayor Oh no, she's she's out of here now. I'm actually right now, so I guess. So yeah, it's a but yeah, definitely felt that that tension there, like it was interesting on her and she was, like I said, she was freaked out a number of times where she's like, can you take her dog Daisy? She's like, can you take the easy out tonight? I just don't want to go outside. I'm freaked out, and I'm like okay, Like I was like, you can grab the twelve gage if you want. She's like, no, you can grab any of the other ones. But she's like no, okay, So I don't know. You know, and you've heard you've heard the stories, whether I don't know, maybe I'm sure you have of them, the ancient ancient, the like native stories of people saying you don't take your women, will take your kids and stuff. And one thing that I find interesting is in these stories de vlidity of them, I don't know. But with there's a story I heard from a minor that says he got swooped up by one in the early nineteen hundreds. And then there's another one from a Native American gal who when she was a young girl got swooped up to and they both said that they had pine tar smeared over their eyes when they were taken into the woods. And interesting, yeah, which is interesting. And then in both of these accounts that I'm referring to, I think I heard one of them along with Grimmer. I can't recall another one. I think it was that this is like an old old like prospers like guy prospecting for gold. Yeah. And the other one was a Native gal and she they both said pine tart. But and they both in both these accounts. The reason they stick out my brain is because they both said they conceive children with the Sasquatch. Yeah, and so the guy he that's where it was. It was the it's the inuite guy from Alaska. Who do you know what I'm talking about? Uh, I'm going crazy Sasquatch stories. This guy told this story and he does tours and stuff like that. And yeah, he's uh, he lived in the woods, he's been on West Grammer. I believe he's he's kind of a crazy Indian guy, but he's got some wild stories. But yeah, anyway, both did these accounts that people said they had kids with sasquatch, and they both reported that they were half hairy, half smooth, and it's like weird. And then on both of these are cases. The validity I don't know, but there these old accounts. They both managed to escape and in turn, the Sasquatch brutally killed their offspringing in front of them as they were escaping, one guy on canoe in the other gal while she was crossing the river or something of that nature. I was like, whoa dude. And so I've heard of people saying they've seen sasquatch skin of deer with their thumbnails, like literally skin one. That's what the minerds said that it did to their He was I don't know, dude, It's just it's some weird stuff. Do you Are you familiar with the account of in eastern Europe where they had a young sasquatch chained down sixteen forty or whatever it was, right, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, some weird stuff out there, man, definitely. I want to make sure Mike that you were able to to share everything that you were wanting to talk about on the show today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, okay, just take a shower. I'm covered in the stinky adrenaline sweat right now reliving that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeahre thank you for taking the time to come on the show and to share what you experience out there in Oregon and in southern Maine. I do appreciate it. We don't hear a lot from New England, so anything we can hear from there is definitely important. But thank you so much for coming on. Man. Have you ever heard all the accounts of bigfoot activity around Oakridge, Oregon? And you think to yourself, Man, I would love to get out in those woods and experience it for myself. Well guess what this year you can If this is interesting to you, stay tuned because it's pretty cool. Sasquatch Summer Fest is coming up July tenth through the eleventh, twenty twenty six. It's going to be even better than the pre previous years. Reason number one, I'll be one of the speakers. It's gonna be wild. I'll probably I'll say this. There may be stuff you haven't heard anywhere else, because let's just say sometimes it's well, you just got to be there. We'll leave it that more about looking for Bigfoot in the Oakridge Woods. Now check this out. You may know Jason Kenzie from his documentary series Searching for Sasquatch. Well, this year you can not only go to the festival, but you can also sign up for a track deep in the wild forest outside of Oakridge with Jason Kenzie to the Bigfoot spots to look for Bigfoot. There's only eight spots to sign up for this. And yes, this will also be filmed for the next chapter in his documentary series, which is Searching for Sasquatch. This is a once in a lifetime deal. It's just trust it's going to be a wild, wild experience. To get a ticket, head on over to Sasquatch Summerfest Dot com and listeners can use the code b SP like Bigfoot Society Podcast in order to get a two day pass for the price of a one day pass. So thanks to Priscilla for giving me that code so that you guys can can get a little a little help with the costs there. Appreciate that, Priscilla. I hope to see you at the booth in Oakridge this year we can talk about your encounter. Was able to talk to so many people last year and the year before. It is an incredible time. You're not going to want to miss it, and I'll see you there. Before we wrap this episode, I want to say something directly to a very specific group of listeners. If you're in the military, any branch or forces, and if you've seen something that no one can explain, or if you're a National Park ranger or forestry worker who's been told to stay quiet, or if you're a pilot who's seen something strange down on the ground, or if you're with the FBI a federal agency, or working intelligence and you stumbled upon something you're not allowed to talk about. And if you're a firefighter, paramedic, or search and rescue responder who's heard screams or found tracks that didn't make sense. If you're in the logging industry on a remote oil field, or a trucker with government contracts and you've had something happen that you've never told a soul. And if you're a biologist, a wildlife specialist, or a field researcher under contract who has found evidence you're not allowed to report. If you're a pastor, a missionary, or someone on a spiritual retreat and you saw something that shook your faith, or if you work in the shadows CIA, NSA or anything with clearance and you've seen what the public hasn't, then I want to talk to you, even if it's anonymous. You can reach me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. The world needs to hear what you've been forced to carry alone. And you're not alone. You've got the story, We've got the mic. See you in the woods. Thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Every encounter we share reminds us that the world is bigger and stranger than we think, and that the truth is often hiding just beyond the tree line. If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to subscribe to the channel on YouTube, hit the bell so you don't miss the next episode, and share this with a friend who's into mysteries, monsters or the unexplained. And if you're listening to us on Spotify or Apple Podcast, please follow the show there and leave us a five star positive review because all that helps more people discover the show. And remember, if you or someone you know has had a bigfoote please I'd love to hear from you, so email me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com and let's start the conversation. If you haven't gotten a chance yet, check out our membership community over at www dot Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and that's where you can hear tomorrow's episode today early in ad free and members only episodes every week. Also, it's a place to connect with other people that are into the Bigfoot subject as much as you are. Thanks again for following along with the Bigfoot Society until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there? And see you in the woods.