Speaker 1: Bill cunning into Great American all health breaking, loose, chaos and confusion is everywhere. Had riots over the week, and of course with this so called note kings, riots and the protests would happen in the state of Oregon is really unbelievable. Portland, for example, what happened in La You have the La County Sheriff say that molotov cocktails are thrown, dozens of officers have been injured, blocks of concrete have been pitched. You have a commercial grade fireworks being distributed among the police to hurt and injure them. You have no commerce happening in Los Angeles. I would think, I don't know how you have a worse mare than Karen Bass or a worst governor. But everywhere I look there's nothing but chaos plus and the next few days the President is going to be in the Rocky Mountains Canadian side to talk to some of the G seven leaders about that. It's a situation plus unbelievable. What's happening in Israel, and it goes on and on. It's only been like two or three days since that erupted, and since then, all of a sudden, the world has changed. Showan you and I now as Congressman Warren Davidson of the great State of Ohio. And there's two congressmen that voted against the Big Beautiful Bill in the House. Both are our guests and I think listeners of mine, that being a Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson and Congressman welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, to go back a couple of weeks, it was a one vote plus. What caused you to vote no on the Big Beautiful Bill about ten days or two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good question.
Speaker 3: It spends more money than it creates bigger deficits than we would have if we didn't pass the Big Beautiful Bill, and it doesn't you know.
Speaker 2: Look, you don't want to go by the GAO score. I mean, there's been a.
Speaker 3: Lot of criticism of that that comes out and says it costs like five trillion dollars over ten years. GAO doesn't give credit for you know, the growth rate, doesn't give credit for tariffs. Penn Wharton, which Wharton School of Business usually is one that people will look at that says, oh, we give good scores there and everything, and that says it still grows the deaths.
Speaker 2: It's even in ten years.
Speaker 3: But the most optimistic model I could find gives as much credit. It's the one that Speaker Johnson and President Trump and Steven Miller and everybody's highlighting. It does look good, it looks very, very nice. In a ten year timeframe, would grow, would save about one point six trillion dollars if everything went according to plan. But even in those most optimistic scenarios, it doesn't. It grows death sits in the first, you know, in the first this Congress and then the entire presidency, so until twenty twenty nine before it really starts saving money.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is how much pressure were you under thumbscrews? Were you tortured? Whenever someone says, get me the pliers and get me the blow torch, did the Trumpster and others give you the pliers and the blow torch.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Look, we've had conversations about these bills since you know, November, really, I mean probably really prior to that, but you know, you know, in an aggressive way. I mean hundreds and hundreds of hours spent in meetings talking about these bills to get to this point. So no one's surprised by the position I've had, Franken's position. I had, you know, last Congress when when I voted yes for a bill that if if we stuck to the plan, would have spent less money than we did the year before.
Speaker 2: And that's the criteria. We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't even talk about passing a balance budget anymore. I'm just like, can we at least turn in the right direction and spend less money than we did the year before, which is a pretty low bar, But we don't. We don't ever put that on the floor. We did pass a plan to do that last Congress, and I sort of had hoped that we could at least agree to do that, especially in light of all the momentum we've built with Doge. So that's been my position is if we've got a plan to spend less than I'm for it, and if we don't, then you know, then you know, we'll see what we can do. And so go back to March. I was, you know, into February, early March, we passed essentially the plan to start putting this reconciliation bill together, and we basically decided we're going to go with one big, beautiful bill versus the two step approach. I favored the two step approach for what it's worth, but you know, ultimately the kind of moderates push to stick everybody together and put one big, beautiful bill, and the danger in that is usually it's worse on spending. That's how why they do on TheBus bills is you know, the usually the way you get the votes is you just agree to spend more, and that's exactly what they did. They so they turned towards the left and they counted on holding everybody they could from the right onto the big beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: And that's where you've lost votes.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, me, Massy Andy Harris voted present, but it's because people didn't really want to take it.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of where I was in at the end.
Speaker 3: Of February and March, where I was the last person to get DS and the Speaker assured me that he would not put a bill on the floor that didn't save at least one point six trained one point five trillion dollars in a ten year CBO score technically doesn't do it with CBO, but you can find a model that does it. But we talked about this Congress, and that's really the crux of it, Willie is, you know, the only Congress we control is the one we're in, right, So it's easy to promise some future Congress is going to save money, but promises somebody else is going to save money doesn't save money. And so while there's lots of things that we could do, I've given almost two trillion dollars worth of ideas that you could cut that would accelerate the you know, this model so that this Congress or at least this presidency. And that's where I relented. I said, Okay, let's say that Trump would be willing to veto a bad spending bill. We don't necessarily know who's going to win in the midterms, but I would be willing to vote for it as long as it would save money by the time President Trump's out of office in twenty twenty nine. And you know, even the best model that they can come up with, it doesn't do that. And so we wanted to So this is a long part of the story here, but again, hours and hours and hours of these conversations, ultimately we're able to get it out of the House, but still have you know, no votes from the conservative side of this. The less spend less money side tease it up to get to the Senate, and that's where Rick Scott, Ron Johnson and Mike Lee are pushing it. And look, Thomas Massey and Ran Paul are kind of in their own place. Whether they're movable or not, as you know, to be determined, But the other three senators are there. Rick Scott's been hosting dinners with conservatives from the House and Senate for a couple of years now. So we spent lots of hours talking amongst Conservas in the House and Senate and frankly with the administration and Susie Wiles and team there she's chief staff, on how to keep this bill from becoming just another giant on the bus.
Speaker 1: No matter what is it, you know the numbers, I assume the big beautiful Bill passes.
Speaker 2: Is it true? Right now?
Speaker 1: The accumulated debt is about thirty seven trillion, and over the next ten years, let's forget about ten years. Over the next five years, under the plan of the Big BB, there's going to be ten trillion dollars more borrowing. So by the time Trump leaves office, there will be forty seven trillion owed by our kids and grand Because is that approximately correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean directionally, we're having you know, two trillion dollar death sits right now. And unfortunately, under this bill during Trump's presidency, in the most optimistic scenario, it still grows those depths that's beyond the two trillion, so it makes them even worse for.
Speaker 2: The next two or three years.
Speaker 3: That's that's you know, that's a terrible situation for the depth sit and when you go to the ten year score, when they say in the optimistic if you stick to the plan, we save one point six trillion dollars. This bill would raise a debt debt limit by four to five trillion, depends on the House version or the Senate version, whichever one becomes final four or five trillion dollars. But the reality is you're going to grow debt by like twenty two trillion dollars by then, so you're talking fifty trillion dollars worth of debt by the time you get the ten year score. So I mean this starts eating up our GDP. I mean, it's a huge percentage of our GDP. And the last time that we had this much debt, it was the end of World War Two. But everybody knew we had to spend less money. Right now, almost nobody's talking about spending less money. And that's sort of where Elon Musk, you know, it is like, look, it kind of works in the opposite direction. Why did I want to go do dose was so we could spend less money, And this bill does just the opposite of that. It's a big setback, and you know, he's right to be upset about that, and you know, of course we do want to find a way to get it done.
Speaker 1: Congress and Warren Davidson. One great part about this bill is the continuation of tax cuts and the idea that if nothing happens, this will destroy the Trump legacy. And secondly, there'll be huge tax increase on the American people.
Speaker 2: What do you say about that one?
Speaker 3: Well, I think, look, no one wants that. We know we're going to have to deal with the taxes. I don't whether it's in this big, beautiful bill or in a broken apart a series of things. I mean, there's enough votes to change the tax code. I mean the reality is that, you know, the Senate passed the no tax on tips provision that President Trump want and as a standalone measure kind of approved the point one hundred to Zerra. If you look at some of these provisions in the tax code, you know there are Democrats who would vote for it. We could pass them with sixty votes. You don't even need very many Democrats to do that. You could do those in standalone bills. And then the last thing is it's not like you only get like one giant reconciliation bill per year. The Democrats did the same plan when they passed the American Rescue Plan and when they passed the you know, Inflation Reduction Actor is sort of green new deal, and they're blending what's traditionally mandatory spending and discretionary spending, but in their case, they just want to spend more money. Bernie Sanders liked it so much when he was the Democrat chair of the Senate Budget Committee. He said, is there any limit to how we can do this? And the Senate Parliamentarium said no, you can do this as often as you want. So it's not like you can only do it like once per year you're limited to it. So those why it's kind of crazy to not do two bills instead of one, because you have a clear consensus on a lot of things. Why did they want one big, beautiful bill. Well, because the moderates from places like New York and New Jersey and California wanted this state and local tax deduction and they knew that was their leverage to force it to be as big as possible. And it's a shame that we gave into that.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point, Congressman, I would say this, the tax cuts have got to be continued, and secondly, somehow the kcamberlated debt has got to come down. If it doesn't happen, now, I've said this many times in talk radio for the last several decades, if it doesn't happen, Now, wait, guys like you and Ran Paul and John fun and President Trump and what's going on. If it doesn't happen now, it's not gonna happen because if this group can't get it done, the deficit is just going to continue yearly to go up two trillion, three trillion. And secondly, the accumulated that's gonna be wild. So if it doesn't happen, now we're screwed, blue tattooed and barbecue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's it.
Speaker 3: You look at all the momentum we had coming off of doze and the election, and look, you shouldn't have to fund the Green New Deal, and you know, tax breaks for you know, wealthy people in New York to be able to secure our borders. So there are things in there that we like and agree. And if you cut taxes, it makes sense. You can grow the economy to some extent and bring in a little more tax revenue. You can bring tariffs in and bring in you know, significant revenue from tariffs. But you can't do that and spend money and cut taxes and not have to raise the debt limit. And eventually, if all this stuff comes together, the reason it starts looking good in the out years is they eventually get around to turning off major chunks of the Green New Deal. They eventually around to saying, look, if you're able bodied working as adult work, you gotta go to work work.
Speaker 2: But who would help a friend in need out.
Speaker 3: And say, well, hey, buddy, I mean I'll help you out for now, but by the end of twenty twenty seven you got to get a job. Why does it mean to do the same thing when the government does the same thing that you and I would do for a friends and family.
Speaker 1: The idea that illegal immigrants should be getting medicaid something like one point three million or so, plus another four point six million or able body to adults that refuse to work. We have only a few minutes remaining. I want to get your take on what's happening in Israel. I understand from off the air the Congress is planning on a little bit of a trip next week to Israel that may not occur. I see this as a golden opportunity in which the Gulf States want Iran to be taken down completely. We use four or five Muslim countries Israel did to fly over their F fifteen's and to bomb and take care of Iran the most they can give me. Warren Davidson's position on what's happening now, this go on for next week or ten days, God knows how long. What should be done, what could be done, what must be done with this side is of evil in the modern world, that being Iran.
Speaker 3: Look, Iran has clearly been the destabilizing force in the Middle East, and they've funded proxy wars that have targeted you know, Israel. I mean, how did homask get the money and do the effort to do the ten to seven massacre in Israel.
Speaker 2: Well, it's heavily Iran. And this is why it was so foolish.
Speaker 3: What the Biden administration and frankly previously the Obama administration did was to you know, negotiate with Iran, give them cash. And Iran with cash is about as predictable as gravity. They're going to use it to attack Israel. So look, they've had essentially a proxy war going on between Iran and Israel and an occasional flare up into a direct conflict between the two countries. And I get friends in Israel, I mean, just pull it on a personal level. I've got friends in Israel. I wish them safety and success. I got no friends in Iran. I mean, I think there are lots of good Iranian people who've got an evil govern and they do evil things. So you know, I hope Israel prevails, but I do think it's not our war to fight or our war to fund. And I think Israel has historically said we're fine fighting our own wars. The trouble is is now everybody, you know, the warmongers out there, they look for every chance they can to get to get into a bigger, broader war, and frankly, some of my colleagues in the House, and a handful of Senators I've talked to, are done near giddy about the prospect of getting us into a bigger war, whether it's with I ran with Russia in Ukraine or somewhere else.
Speaker 2: And they haven't found one.
Speaker 1: They don't like no at this point, and I would give them all the bunker buster bombs. They need to do everything they can do. Tell the Iranian people. And I thought Netzanyahu was great the other day the other night when he said, look, it's time for the Iranian people to arise. Sirih was going to be there forever Lebanon was going to be there forever has belind of Moss. Let's face it, the policies of Joe Biden fun to terror all over the world, especially by giving the Onians billions of dollars, and Obama had palettes of cash. They used that cash not to uplift their own people. They used it to kill Jews, kill Americans wherever they might be located. And funding Hesbela hamas Boca Ram, they funded the Hoodies. They did everything they can and now we have we have the go ahead to assist Israel by Muslim states, who wants the whole thing to be over and that's the way it ought to be. Well, Congressman, we got to go. I know, in the next few weeks before July fourth, you're gonna have your the blow torch and the pliers are gonna come out. You're gonna have to make a big decision and it'll be based upon what that bill looks like. But Warren Davidson, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Warren, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you too.
Speaker 3: And another great highlight was Army's birthday.
Speaker 2: What a great event. How about that American? How about that?
Speaker 1: How about you were you were a ranger, you went to West Point. The juxtaposition of Donald Trump and the soldiers with the American flag marching down Pennsylvania Avenue, and compare that to what happened in Portland, what happened in Chicago, what happened in Austin, what happened in La what happened to San Francisco was unbelievable. The split screen only MSNBC did not like the American Parade on the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Army's founding, of which you are a proud member. But once again, Warren Davidson, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean Sarah Hookabe Sanadors had it right, you know, normal and crazy, and it was definitely on display during that parade.
Speaker 2: Normal people were happy about it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. I'm normal and sir are you. But thank you for your service. Thank you very much. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: At the music. A little bit of music here, pretty good, good stuff. A little more.
Speaker 1: Please tell us the story of the sailor, shall we say, a aport and his love for a bartender or server was unbridled.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: After one o'clock today, I'm going to have on the speaker of the House of Ohio and then Matt Huffman's going to be here. There's an article in the Inquiry about raising the cigarette tax, and there's another article about a three percent tax on game gambling, and there's another one about whether to use unclaimed funds, whatever it might be, to pay for the stadiums or bonding. And I'm going to ask Matt Huffman. He's the man, he was President of the Senate in Columbus. Now he's Speaker of the House. Miss Speaker is Matt Huffman from Lima, the home of Leonard Rush, and God rest his soul, and we're going to get from him. And I've seen some reports from him that the Republicans in the House and the Senate that he controls from an iron grip, will not approve any increase in taxes at all, whether cigarette tax or whether it's a bonding fund of six hundred million dollars. That's not too popular right now either. And the one coming up along the side, I think is going to be the unclaimed funds. Put his statut limitations on it and maybe maybe about ten years. And there's literally billions of dollars in unclaimed funds in the last one hundred years. That's their ad infinitum, and that's really our money generally, but they're unclaims of what do you do with it? And none of these remedies are particularly popular. But one thing he said repeatedly is he's not in favor of increasing taxes because if he increases cigarette tax, Covington's going to get real busy. If you increase tax on liquor. Then if you're in Toledo, Michigan's going to get real busy. If you increase taxes on marrijajuana, the surrounding states is going to get real busy. Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia. Ohio's well positioned to have those who use those products to simply leave. You know what I'm saying, And so I'm pretty sure he's going to say none of those things are going to fly. Despite the fact that Senate bill gave the ability of Hamley County commissioners to increase this so called cigarette tax, the Republicans have said repeatedly that will not happen. And by the way, was today June sixteenth. Today the bill must be signed by the governor negotiats, and the negotiations are still underway. Plus you have the issue of getting rid of all the Hamley County Coroner's office, et cetera. Doctor Somarco I think has met with Matt Huffman, and not every corner's office in Ohio is run like the ones in southwest Ohio.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask him that question too, But until then, it's with deep sadness that a young man, relatively young man named Patrick Herringer, forty six years old, was murdered in his home by Mordecai Black, who completed a nine and a half year prison sentence and cut off an ankle monitor in February, and he have scounded And since I've been involved in the system for a while, until his murder at the hands of Mordecai Black, the pro authority would not notify local cops about someone being released. Now, if someone's released on a DUI or a a check charge or a white collar offense something like that, that's one thing. But this particular person, Mordecai Black, has had a lifetime of crime that resulted at one point of Judge Megan Shanahan giving him ten years in prison, and he served nine and a half year prison sentence, which was all of it, but he could keep control of him for six more months, and they did. And one good thing that Sarah Herringer has brought about is the fact that the Ohio Adult Parle Authority will not just put it in the computer with a little red flag saying if you run into this guy, arrest him, that they're going to notify the last known addressed police department to say exactly what the release is and if he cuts off the ankle monitor, they're going to be notified to look for this guy. Of course, when you have one cop in OTR and downtown Cincinnati working a shift, one police officer in one scout car, it's completely inadequate for the role that we want police to play. And I love the comments this morning with Scott Sloan of a council member who said, well, we have to have about thirty more cops immediately, and that the answer is yes. But the most shall we say optimistic tone might be it would take you a year to year and a half to get that done. There's ways of going around the system. But the other thing is not too many cops in the suburbs want to go and work in the city of Cincinnati. If you're in Green Township, if you're in the city of madeir, if you're a ranger in Indian Hill, if you're working somewhere maybe in Sharonville or Evendale, you want to put your life on the line and go to the city of Cincinnati. I don't think so much like firefighters do a great job in most of the Hamlety County, but most do not want to work in the city of Cincinnati. There's all the drug overdoses and the bs you have to go through. And that's that's not true of Cincinnati, it's true of every major American city and those around it. Often it's like a donor to hole the black hole in the middle. And as a consequence, those in the suburbs don't want to go into inner cities because they're too dangerous and too much violence going on. And so the murderer, Murdecai Black, was indicted on everything he could be indicted on, and including spending the rest of his life in prison, which is of course very likely. It's hard to explain how his fingerprints got on a knife inside the home of Patrick Herringer, pretty hard to explain how the blood of Patrick Herringer was found on the person of the knife, and that the blood of the defendant was inside the Herringer home. Because there was one hell of a fight that went on. Patrick fought like a warrior poet for his life and his wife Sarah is now going to take up the cause of improving safety, which is a great idea.
Speaker 2: Can it be done? Yes?
Speaker 1: Will it be done. I have profound doubts, profound doubts about that. Because of the way cities work today, it's much more popular for the mayor and city council to show up at a no King celebration than it is to fight for more public more police officers in downtown Cincinnati. One thing is popular, the other one is not so popular. In fact, Sarah put up a posting I'll share some of it with you, and Sarah the widow said quote, I believe in civic engagement. I believe in calling out injustice wherever it lives. But when your house is on fire, you don't run to protest someone else's. Mayor, Peer of All, you were elected to govern Cincinnati, not to campaign on national stages, not to chase headlines. While you gave speeches about protecting us from the federal government. My husband was murdered in our home by a man who was supposed to be under state supervision, a man who upscanned from post release control, a man who should never should have been found and stopped. This is not a federal issue, Mayor, Peer of all, do your job. We have program a program after program after program to tell younger Americans guess what. Don't commit crime, don't congregate around the government square bus station. All it takes is three things to be successful. If you're a young American, you and I know what they are. Number one, graduate from high school. Number two work, Number three, don't commit crime. Is it possible to do all those three things without a government program? Whether it's midnight basketball or swimming classes or a finger painting whatever it might be, roller Derby And we have all kinds of social service agency individuals paid to handle these difficulties. And there's well intended individuals in the mess. Iris Roley is not one of them, but they have large number of city employees to make sure that kids don't act up too much during the summertime instead of simply saying graduate from high school, get a part time job or a full time job, and number three, I don't commit crime. That's all it takes. And it's a small small number doing this. There's thirty or forty thousand black kids in Cincinnati, and I would say ninety five to ninety eight percent of them are as good as anyone can. But I see them all the time, working hard, doing their job. It's a small number, five hundred to one thousand needs to be incarcerated and kept from American society because they don't know how to act and might not be in a sense their fault because of the circumstances to which they were born to, but it is their fault if they're told from early on, you're going to graduate from high school, you're going to work, get to your job five minutes early, state your job five minutes late, and thirdly, don't commit crime. That's what you have to do. We do not need a government program to have that happen. It's much more popular for the mayor to go to a no King's rally, which is a bunch of bs, to talk about how he's going to protect us from the federal government, when in reality, the enemies within the gates. And it's the entire situation throughout all of urban America in which the Democratic parties controlled it for fifty to one hundred years and have destroyed our magnificent cities completely. There's not one functional American city that's in a blue city in a blue state that has great public resources, has a great public school system, has well supported police, clean city, clean streets, the streets, no homeless problem. It doesn't happen, it doesn't exist. And it's because of the acceptance of aberin behavior and the fact that the right kind of moral principles are not shown to young folks, especially young boys, or in tremendous, tremendous stress as I speak. And so, yes, we can do more, we should do more. But the fact the matter is up to each person, up to each family, to make themselves presentable in the sense that I will go to school, I will take tests, I will pass, I will get a diploma that I've earned. Secondly, I'm going to work. I see kids at Chick fil A in Oakley. I love going there, and the majority of kids working there our young black kids, and they look great on time, showing up early, getting their job done. The message has to be number one, graduate from high school, Number two, work, number three, don't commit crime, don't need a government program. I've said it, Thomas Soul has said it, Walter Williams has said it. Those are the three things necessary. All this other stuff is a bunch of bs, and we can't keep doing the same thing anticipating a different result. How much stress is CPS unner since night public schools great stress? I have Matt Huffman coming up in about fifteen to twenty minutes. The goal is to completely restructure public education and the funding thereof. There's a petition circulating that says that all real estate property taxes should be eliminated in the state of Ohio, and that's constitutional amendment. And if that happens, which I think is going to happen, you give voters a chance, an opportunity. That's saying paying real estate taxes anymore, and they're going to do it. Well, that's a great idea. Maybe have no taxes, have no income taxes, have no sales tax, have no real estate tax What kind of society do we then have? We'll find out Ohio was about to go down that alley and Rocky Boyman, my good friend, would love to get a shot at voting against real estate taxes. And he's rich because he's tired of the increases happening regularly.
Speaker 2: And so we have.
Speaker 1: Now it's going to happen in the within the next year, either November of this year or May of next year, we're going to vote to eliminate, yes or no real estate taxes, which, by the way, in Hamleton County there's about eleven special assessments from the levee to the zoo, to senior citizen, levy library, et cetera.
Speaker 2: All it was adds up.
Speaker 1: And then every now and then we have to vote to increase taxes to go to public schools.
Speaker 2: Costs keep going up.
Speaker 1: If that happens, I'm gonna ask mat huffin the big question, how do you in state government deal with that? If real estate taxes are eliminated, which is little or nothing to do with state government state fund. State government is funded by the income tax and by the sales tax, not by real estate taxes, which are locally governed.
Speaker 2: Get rid of all that.
Speaker 1: You tell me how schools at CPS, or schools in Sycamore, or schools in Madeira or schools at Oak Hills are going to function when there's no more real estate taxes going into the schools. The only other two options is to grossly increase the income tax or grossly increase.
Speaker 2: The sales tax.
Speaker 1: And the number I was told by one lawmaker to make up for the differential would be about a twenty percent sales tax increase. That means instead of paying seven eight nine percent, you're gonna pay twenty percent everything you buy. And then income tax is another thing. Right now, it's about two point seventy five percent without have to go to four percent. Do you think Republicans like Matt Huffman are going to grossly increase the state income tax to make up the differential? The answer is no. So we're headed toward a real crisis. I'm gonna talk about that with him. He's also this voting a proposal to let hamlet the county increase the cigarette tax. That's a bunch of bs. That's that's not going to fly because anyone who smokes cigarettes can go to Covington and buy pack after pack, carton after carton of cigarettes. A lot lower Ohio was bordered by Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania. Just go out of state and buy all you want and don't pay the tax. So that's not going to fly. And three percent tax on gambling is kind of a extra fee. And Matt Huffman has said before, we're not going to vote for that. And this is the guy drafting the legislation. Some call him the most powerful man in Columbus, this side of the Governor Mike DeWine and that's that's true. He was President of the Senate, now his Speaker of the House. He wants to reform the whole system. And it begins with eliminating the real estate taxes, not cutting it back by fifty percent, but making it zero. What happens to your school district? If the real estate tax is zero? How do you pay the bills? And I think it's likely to pass. You have people a chance in voting down that kind of a tax. Damn it, they're going to do it. And then tell the state of OHI you figure it out. Grossly increase the sales tax to twenty percent on a dollar, or grossly increase the state income tax, all of which the Republicans hate to do. So that's where we are is let's continue plus later on at two o'clock, I have a calling in to the mayor of Shiloh, Israel, his name is David Rubin, to talk about what's happening this Monday afternoon in Israel and where things stand at this point, and if a line becomes available, you know the routine five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred and new at and t. I would note, lastly, politically. When something terrible happens, the murder of the Minnesota Speaker of the House, a Democrat, that many, including Tim Waltz, the governor, wants to make it political as if Mega killed the Speaker of the House. In Minnesota. There's violence, homicidal, insane violence on both sides. The Republicans suffered more of this than the Democrats, such as the President Trump getting shot or Steven Scalie getting shot wounded, many others at a Republican get together to practice for softball games. Also, you have a justice Supreme Court Kavanaugh armed gunman outside his home to kill him. Happens all the time. So someone pulled up to me the appointment that to Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz had of Vince Belter, the fifty six year old murderer who killed two innocent people in cold blood, and to his appointment to a position in Minnesota state government. Governor Tim Waltz said the following about this murderer, Van Spelter. About six years ago, the governor wrote, quote, because of the special trust and confidence I have in your integrity, judgment, and ability, I have appointed and commission you to having to hold the office of Business member Governor's Workforce Developmental Board, quote unquote, there's enough of this political stuff going around. We're not a banana republic. We don't kill our political opponents. We defeat them with better ideas. But save me the idea that only Republicans want to comit to violence against Democrats. The opposite is equally too true. And all of it is awful. It's terrible. Don't do it. You're homicidal and you're insane. Get help. Let's continue with more. And after one o'clock today will be that same Matt Huffman. And then after two o'clock today we'll be a live call from Israel. David Ruben will be hearing more. Let's continue. By the way, Reds baseball off today, as you may know, at a very successful trip who to Detroit. Segment snickered at me when I said, this is a preview of the twenty two tent five World Series between the Reds and the Tigers. He snickered, Well, segment is not snickering anymore. Bill Cunningham, the great American, with you every day. You're home of the Reds and Moore. Here's Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham the Great America once again, there's lots of doings in Columbus. So many times we in Cincinnati think Columbus is not part of our state, and many times people in Comings didn't think they're not part of Kentucky. But nonetheless, everything happening in Columbus is extremely germane.
Speaker 2: That what's happening in Cincinnati going on?
Speaker 1: You and I now is the Speaker of the House, the Honorable Matt Huffman, who has more ConTroll than Columbus and maybe even the governor, maybe more than Justice showed Eaters and Speaker Matt Huffman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can we deal with the funding of the stadium issue? The lawmakers, you're only in charge of the House. The Senate has had different ideas about using unclaimed funds or bonds. As we sit here this Monday afternoon, what's the status of funding the Bengals and the Browns, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, the Senate came up with a different way of doing that than the Governor. Of course, wanted to raise the tax on a few things. In order to get there. We wanted to use your traditional way, which was bonds which we'd be in the House, which we could prove would be paid back plus over a billion dollars to the state, the state essentially acting as the bank and using our triple A credit rating higher than the United States government. By the way, the Senates there is about four billion dollars sitting in the unclaimed funds that's been accumulating since about nineteen oh nine. There have been attempts or questions about doing something similar to this for other things. But essentially the Senate's ideas to take declare a statute of limitations of ten years, set that money aside, and make it available for not just sports stadiums, but other cultural I think there are there's a few problems with that. I think that needs to be defined better. I do think that we need to say, look, if the state's going to put this money in, there needs to be a return on the dollar. That's again why I argue the Houses plan, where we know that the state is getting its money back plus a billion dollars, but we don't know that, and so there definitely needs to be some work on the language and the kinds of facilities that this can be used. Because lots of folks say we love the Cincinnati Bengals, but I love the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra a lot more. And there may be other building facilities. The other thing we need to keep in mind here is we do a capital budget every two years, and a lot of these things are funded, certainly not to the extent that we're talking about with the kinds of dollars. So we're going to work with the Senate and see what we can get done.
Speaker 1: Of course, you were a President of the Senate before you're Speaker the House. So you're saying that the idea of unclaimed funds is like a horse race, and they're in the first position at this point and not raising taxes otherwise, even though that's the that's monies of the American people. I think probably most of us unwittingly have money in that fund without knowing about it. But nonetheless, is the unclaimed funds kind of in the lead at this point.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I try to tell my House members, because the Senate puts their version of the budget out, that doesn't mean now that's where we're at, and it's the document we're working from. And being in both of those positions you're in advantage when you're in the Senate because you got four months to work on the governor's budget instead of only two months, which is much what the House has. I think that, you know, the other part is that folks have had a couple of months to hack around on the idea of the bond and all of that. And you know, even though we issue we just did in our transportation budget six hundred million dollars worth of bonds for the Brent Spence Bridge, and we're doing this three or four billion dollars every two years. Bond's kind of got a bad name in the last couple of months. It is easy to argue. I think that, well, these are unclaimed funds. We're not raising taxes, we're not loaning money hoping to get paid back. But it's still money that belongs to the state government. So I don't think we can be cavalier about it. And the other part is, well, who's going to get this money? Because if there aren't real parameters on it, this one point seven billion dollars is going to go out the door pretty quickly, and that's what I'm concerned about. I think that there needs to be a return on the dollar. And I you know, one of the popular things that people like to say is well, I kind of say, it never gets your money back with sports stadium. Well that's true in some cases, it's not true in others. And what we need to say is, well, how much money it is. How is that money going to come back to the you know, to the taxpayers in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: So I don't I.
Speaker 5: Don't think there's anybody who's in the front. I do think that with the exception of the other two branches, so to speak, between the speaker and the two two chambers, I don't think the two chambers want to raise taxes. So it's those are the two things we're talking about.
Speaker 1: So that as the three percent or two percent tax on gambling on internet gambling, is that off the board at this point? That because that does raise in a sense fees. I don't know if it's taxes because you voluntarily agree to gamble or not.
Speaker 2: And so is the three Is that is that over with?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well people people say that too. It's like, well, you know, we can raise the price or raise the excise on gas and you can decide whether to buy gas or not. Well, most people can't they got to they got to drive for work or or some other reasons. Same thing with tax on alcohol cigarette things like that. You all always have to look at the tax policy. You raise the price on tobacco, people are going to go to Kentucky and Cincinnati and bron taxes. And it's the same thing with taxes on gambling. I will tell you that the sixty five member House Republican Caucus is not interested in raising taxes, and so that we just we're not going to go for the governor's proposal. He and I've had a few set down meetings about that, and we also think that it won't raise the tax because the people will always avoid paying a tax when they can. And you know all those folks who for years went over to Indiana and bought their liquor there and brought it back to their lake house and Ohio, you know, at least in western Ohio, go to Grand Lake Saint Mary's and see how many Ohio tax there are in a guy's bourbon bottle there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm kind of told by those in Columbus that you're the man. And if the man is saying no tax on the gambling, the Brown the Browns bond issue is not good. I hear the man saying, okay, the unclaimed funds with the stage of limitations is the least painful way.
Speaker 2: Am I right or wrong about that?
Speaker 5: I think that's a fair way to look at. Let me, by the way, just dissuade you. If there is somebody who quote unquote is the man, it's always the governor of the state of Ohio. And but the important part about our constitutional republic is that whoever the man is doesn't have complete control over what happens. Especially when it comes to raising taxes. You've got to have both houses sign off. And even though it's controlled by Republicans, not all those people think the same thing and serve through in my caucus. We've got a different different sets of opinions about that. I think I got to say this, Ohio is one of the highest taxed states in the country. It is the highest tax state in the country that is controlled by a Republican government with both chambers and the government. It's not a question of whether we have enough money, it's how we're spending it, making sure that there's an appropriate regular flow that to pay for ongoing services. And I'll say, one more thing bill in case you want to talk about real estate tax and becoming potential initiative. Ohio has over six thousand local taxing districts, more than any other state in the Union, more than very liberal California, which by the way, is four times bigger than us population wise, So there isn't And we have ten billion dollars in our any Day Fund, which is good because it'll rain someday. But we also have three or four billion dollars that, as we say, is slashing around in checking accounts, which means it doesn't get spent by agencies, it's reappropriated two years later. And so it's all of that money that you know, when we go to talk about flat taxes for income tax, those things are all there. I do think, you know, the way you put it, this sun plane funds thing is the least painful way because we're not raising taxes. But I don't I think we have to have the appropriate parameters on there. So it's not just well, you know, these guys want this and those guys want that. I mean, I think we have to show an investment or return those kinds of things before the dollars go out. So but this this local Uh, we have a lot of local governments and people like that. You know, people like to have you know, a start name in Cincinnati villages. And you know the folks in Chevy that love having their own government, right than folks and Anderson and all that kind of stuff. They don't want to have one city in Hamilton County, right, No, But that all costs money.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this question.
Speaker 1: I saw an article, maybe it was in the Dispatch, that if you give us an opportunity to eliminate real estate taxes, we're going to do it. And then I read the flip side of that. Sounds a great idea, get rid of all taxes and just live out of the ether. But I'm told that if we vote on this thing, it's likely to pass unless the electorate is informed. Assuming all the real estate taxes in the state of Ohio go away, where does the money come from to run schools and police and fire locally, where does up money come from? If we voted down, which is I think is likely, it's going to be no more real estate taxes. Even rich people like Rocky Boyman, tell me give me a chance get rid of real estate taxes.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: But the problem is, Okay, how do you fund your schools which is in crisis anyway? So assuming the real estate thing is on the ballot in November or next May, and assuming it passes, how much of a financial crisis crisis would that be for schools, police, and fire.
Speaker 5: Well it's extraordinary, I guess that's the headline. But it's going to affect people and entities in different ways. Municipal corporation cities and villages not as much because they have a municipal income tax, they only get a little bit of the real estate tax. Schools are going to be tremendously affected. Will have to reach structure how local government works in state of Ohio, and people will say, well, we can't possibly do that. You know, remember in Florida, which is fifty percent bigger than us, they only have sixty six school districts, one for each county. We have over six hundred. Now, having fewer school districts doesn't mean you have to have fewer high schools and all of that. But again it's a we're Ohioans and we don't like the people live over the ridge telling us what to do. And we even like to argue with whoever, let's start.
Speaker 2: Down right right.
Speaker 5: But I don't see that elimination of real estate tax will cause the state government to say, okay, well we're going to raise the income tax and we're going to raise the sales tax to make up for all of those taxes. It's you know, there will be a massive restruction and bill. That's why we're trying to do some of the things that we're doing right now. You know, in Hamilton County, they are the example of what I think a local library district should be. There's one in the whole county. Well, in ashe Tabula County they have nine local library districts. One of the districts up in Summit County they only have five hundred people who live there because they all want to run their own library. Well, all of that means you got an administrator and all the employees and all of those kinds of things. And if you want to have all that level of local control, you have to pay for it. So we're going to do some things the House is working on and to do something, as we say, big and bold regarding property text. And we did that in our budget with the stuff that we did with the schools. So we need to do something to control this, to look at these folks who want to put this on it, to look at Rocky Boyman or whoever it is, and say, look, we changed a lot of this in the budget in June, so take a look at that before. And because if we don't, if we simply Thummer knows that the public can say we're public schools and you know we don't want to we don't want to do that, well it's heading for.
Speaker 2: Catastrophe, no question.
Speaker 1: Because you either pay sales tax, income tax, or real estate tax. And if real estate tax is completely eliminated in Hamilton County you may be aware of this. We have like twelve special levies that we'll always vote yes on, the Zoo, Senior Citizens, disabled, whoever it is, which is now growing in library and if that all goes away, that means the funding for all those organizations go away. A lot of rich guys who have little or no income because they live on dividends, etc.
Speaker 2: Have big mansions.
Speaker 1: They are going to pay no tax and then they can go to buy their sales taxes through the internet and pay no sales tax. And the people have got to be informed and you know, Speaker Huffman, we get the government we deserve. And if we vote to eliminate real estate taxes for you, that will be a crisis.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 5: It will be. But here's thet I guess anecdote. And as you know, and I think your listeners know, I've been a school choice guy since they started in the legislature seventeen years ago. I've been punted around pretty good by the public school lobby. They sued me, they had a process, server sued me, served me personally in the Senate President's office. I think, in an attempt to intimidate me. You know that that's not good usual practice, even though you can do it as a lawyer. You know what they were trying to do there. And so we we put in the House's budget this thirty percent AREO. You can carry over thirty percent of your funds, but the rest is going to immediate property reduction in January of twenty six. And of course, at the time, you know, this was two months ago, that was you know, here's Hoffman again. He hates children and I like, but of course I don't. I have several of my own eleven grandchildren. But anyway, within the past month or so, I've had my local school some of my local superintendents show up at my law crilia and you know, they're suggesting that we have to have maybe in restrictions according to inflation. They see some other things that maybe maybe we should get rid of emergency level. And so they see what I've been trying to talk about for the last five years is you can't just keep raising taxes and expect the public to take it. And so we have at least some reasonable people within the public school sector who are talking about that. It's and it's I think it's because of this thing is laying out there, and also because of the valuations. We have many school districts sitting on one hundred, one hundred and fifty or two hundred percent of the other operating expenses, which in some cases that's not much money. If you're at a small rural school district in western Ohio, it's not a lot necessarily a lot of cash. But you know, in City of Columbus, which spent about eight hundred million dollars plus in their school district, and they're not hesitant to spend money on new employees and things like that. I could give you a rundown on that, but they carried over four hundred million dollars, almost fifty percent of their of their operating and of course when we say why didn't you give some tax relief to the people who are paying that, Well, because it's our money. That's why one of the superintendents testified. They said, well, we use the carryover money and we made eight million dollars to investment income. And she said that in a meeting and a committee meeting, and of course one of the one of the state reps said, well, don't you think they would be people are paying those taxes would rather see that investment income in their checkbook your checkbook?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't think of it that way. Well, of course they would. And so let's fund the schools, make sure that they have the money that they need reasonably to run their operations, do all of those things, but they don't have to have money sitting in their checking account which could go for property tax. Really, that's why the House did what they did. The Senate did a different version of it. They said fifty percent set of thirty percent. We're going to try to work that out, but there needs to be other local reform. Otherwise this thing is going to gain legs and it will be a true come to Jesus meeting in January of twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Matt Hoffman, thank you, you're about two weeks away. I see the three percent tax on gambling that's gone. It appears that the bonding of for Cleveland Browns that appears not to be in a good shape. There's a big article in the inquir this morning about Hamlet County given the option by the Senate to levy a cigarettes cigarette tax, and you're telling me that you don't care much for that one either. And it appears like the unclaimed funds may be in the lead at this point, but you got ten more days of tough negotiations.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Can you give me a thirty second answer on the coroner's offices?
Speaker 2: I can you give it?
Speaker 1: Is it possible to give me a thirty thirty second answer on the Hamony County corner? Last me some Marco and others? Well, is that going to be kept? Or are you going to eliminate corners offices and let the county commissioners.
Speaker 5: Appoint Well, you know, as I'm this is part a little bit part of a general discussion is when we start talking about local government reform, the question is how many elected officials do we be? And I understand, and you made a good argument. In fact, I met with your corner. She's outstanding, the very, very impressive person, and I would say that it's probably an issue that several notches down in terms of House priorities. If this is something that the Senate is going to insist on, we probably will. But I would pose to Bill Cunningham, your listeners, and everybody else where do we go to shrink local government and therefore the cost to the taxpayer. Who's willing to step up and say, well, you know, I don't know how many municipal corporations there in Hamilton County, but how many do we need? And I'm sure the answer from the least the city officials will be everyone.
Speaker 1: Every thirty nine of them. We need thirty nine of them, all of them, we need every one of them. Cut nothing, increase everything. And that's that's why we're where we are. Speaker Huffman, we got to run, but thanks for coming on, and maybe when everything is finally concluding about two weeks, we'll do it again.
Speaker 2: When it's done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well thanks again, Bill, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Matt Huffman, thank you very much. Let's continue with more. Matt Huffman the Speaker of the House, he was President of the Senate. Despite his Protestations and Columbus, he is the man. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Run.
Speaker 3: In one of the most unlikely final round Sundays in US Open history, j Spond closes the deal.
Speaker 2: We're a little barty at the last.
Speaker 5: Hello, buyet and I'm.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting God there was another dramatic birdie on that Saturday. Well that had to be the one that that call right there has to be the one at Clovernook, right or was it was that at Oakmont?
Speaker 1: It was Joe Eaters and me against the other two leaters, brothers Buzzard and Dennis Dieters.
Speaker 2: Okay, and all the chips are down.
Speaker 1: Make sure their husbands just as Joe Eaters with that twenty six handicap Bertie's number eighteen at Clovernook.
Speaker 2: What that was the call right there? Fnny? That was the call? So he had two chances, He had two chances for the win and only needed was one and he Bertie.
Speaker 1: Joe Dieters said it was a long unforgiving part ful had to be at least five hundred and ten yard par four number eighteen of Clovernook Justice Show hits A long drive pulls out.
Speaker 2: Like Scottie Scheffler, medium iron. Yeah, gets about twelve feet from the hole, runs it in for a three and you and you get you get the money, you get the mine all you got, the money, you got everything, they get it all ten dollars is what we want. Jeez, Marty Brannan JJ spawn won about what they three point eight million or something?
Speaker 1: I think four point five. But nonetheless I call him now JJ Dieters, welcome. He didn't call in and be on about his famous Sea Dodds. He doesn't talk to us anymore. He's in the ivory towers of the Ohio Supreme Court. JJ Dieters, Birdie's eighteen for all the marbles and triumphantly he's on your team.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: It was me and him and knocking off his brothers, knocked them both down because and Dennis Teeters went down hard.
Speaker 2: I bet you they're not gonna sit together thanksgiving. Nobody no talking whatsoever. JJ.
Speaker 1: By the way, the earnings were four point three million plus.
Speaker 2: I say you one thing. There was a lot of guys really yesterday that ball they were they were yeah. I wish their thoughts would have been on the screen because that hat and guy was all over the place. He was about ready to throw his UH, throw his entire bag into the into the UH, into the crowd. Sam Burns on a bad call. How about that deal? There's no water around east Water he's practicing and the waters going like crazy.
Speaker 1: There was three fish swimming around his feet. Thank you, No, I can't see water. Those officials must have been Democrats.
Speaker 2: For that, I guess so.
Speaker 1: But JJ Dieters got it done on the eighteenth with a birdie.
Speaker 2: Well he the STUOTU reporters of proud service of your local Thamestar Heating and air Conditioning Dealers, Thamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati. Coach Smid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred sports sports thank you, Roxy La Da La Cruz. How about that? Well, they they've had some. They made an attempt at extending his contract.
Speaker 1: But no, no, what can you tell me nothing? I have my sources Midela cruise.
Speaker 2: Nick Kroll on MLB Radio said that you know they tried to talk, but I guess, well, you know whose agent is, mister Burrows. The other thing is they offered one hundred million dollars on a six year deal that would take him up to twenty thirty one. Where's the pen?
Speaker 1: One hundred million? But Scott burra ass said, na babana. And they also offered Matt McClain fifty million.
Speaker 2: This is in March.
Speaker 1: Now, until if I was him, I would have taken the dough ray and to me. But now look at Matt McClain. You're laughed and snickered at him. You're not snickering anymore.
Speaker 2: Segment. Let's see La day la Cruz. Willie Homer scored three times, drove in three Reds, knock off those Tigers and come from behind fashion eight to four. And you snicker when I said it was going to happen. You'd like the Red Legs take two or three in the series. Again, Detroit against one of the best teams, the best team in baseball in their home ballpark. Take that Motown wasn't even competitive. The Red streak of losing thirty nine consecutive series done after losing the first game of a series comes to an end. How many series thirty nine? So they're one in thirty nine. You gotta do it sometime off day to day they're sitting around taking it easy in the sunshine, and the Reds short homestand begins tomorrow night with the first of three up against h Harmon Killer Brew. What about the twin Tonyo Leva and the Minnesota Twins? What about Tony lev The action will be right here on seven hundred WLW. You snickered at snickering anymore? The Savannah Bananas were in town, unbelievable, sold out crowds at GABP Bronson Arroyo sang Todd Frazier was there, Friezier? What about Danny Graves? Was there? Wild Man's good buddy? But what about the mayor? The mayor Sean Casey rounded first and did exactly what I did well. He tore his hamstring running the bases. Reports are he needs surgery. Not good, Call him up, Bengals. Update brought to you by Good Spirits at party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky, where ESPN says the Bengals and Trey Hendrickson are back at the bargaining table talking about a contract extension. Get him done, Get him done, both of them. Let's see what are the Let's see the Bengals get Higgins Chase and they're gonna get hopefully Trey Hendrickson maybe, and then the Reds get day La Crue and somebody else. On long term deals were in, like Flint.
Speaker 1: Would you sign for one hundred million dollars? If you're Dela Cruz, he could overrule his agent and say yes, what percent of his money goes to back to the Dominican on that deal?
Speaker 2: We signed a deal deal, that's all. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He got two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to sign away chunks of his future earnings.
Speaker 2: Your comments on that not good? Fifth third Bank JJ spawn Birdie the seventeenth and eighteen holes, the victory of the US Open. As you heard there in the Open, he bogey five of the first six holes. He was down four shots at the turn and one by two. It beat everybody by six. Unbelievable. Andy Mackett on.
Speaker 1: Whole number two, h's an iron in, yeah, which would have been near the pin. It hit the pin on a fly, catapulted the ball back down the fairway sixty yards from the green, and at one point he was at the hole, but it hit the pin itself through the ball backwards.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you one thing, Oakmont brought those guys to his knees. I love that because that Hatton, Scheffler, Sam Burns, all the rest of them. They're thinking, we're going to go play this week and I'm going to be thirty five thousand under part to win the tournament. How about this?
Speaker 1: No team in the National League has a better record over the last ten games than the Cincinnati Read how about that? And you're laughing and snickering. But Hunter Green, Oh, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 2: It's like a little bit of long scary, a little bit longer this time around with that on the il for young Green, let's say the All Star break. Uh, he's rehabbing in Arizona. Not good.
Speaker 1: He's a young man. What's like twenty four. How do you have a groin problem when you're twenty four? I guess you got you know, that's that's what happens. Then you got a back problem.
Speaker 2: Jameric Handelario, Oh foul, the ball off his foot, the same foot that he broke a toe on about a year ago or something. He's okay. I think he's still in the lineup for the bats. He's still but I think he's he's batting. He's battan on the interstate. Uh, in triple A. This is forty five million dollars right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see FIFA Club World Cup action yesterday at TQL Stadium, Harry Kane. What about Kaca and Bayern Munich routed Auckland City ten nil? Well, there's ten to nothing that doesn't happen in say earned music. No, so in the US. Be Trendidad Tobago three five nothing, then their four game streak and their Conca calf A Gold Cup opener.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Twinkies are thirty six and thirty five. The Reds are thirty seven and thirty five. The Reds have a better record than the Twinkies.
Speaker 2: Also, Willy, of course Raphael Devers didn't want to play third base? Uh in Boston? How much would you three hundred and twenty five million would you use? What position? Would you play? Any where? I I I would I would work on the grounds crew unbelievable, traded from Boston to San Francisco. But he now says he's had a change of heart. He's going to play because San Francisco has already got a Gold Glove third baseman. He says, Okay, I'm going one for the team. I'm gonna play first base. What a sacrifice? What is and the Giants he spent He signed like a three hundred and thirteen million dollar deal with the Red Sox. The Giants are going to pay whatever they the two hundred and fifty plus million dollars that are left sign Dela Cruz. Come the Reds didn't get him. Who's going to pay that money? I don't know. The Giants. The Giants are going to pay out the rest of his deal. And and that he I think it was a ten year deal in Boston. I don't get it. Joey Chestnut, he's been here. He's going to return this year July fourth to the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest. It's been worked out. He's not he doesn't have any ties anymore with that Vegan hot Dog or whatever it was from last year. So he's back on the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: He sat there about eight years ago and order two large loaded pepperoni large pizzas from l ross had him delivered eight both of them. How do you eat too large loaded pizzas from Lrosa?
Speaker 2: How do you do that? Two?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: He did? I couldn't believe it. I couldn't either, And he said he's still a little bit hungry. I said, get some bread sticks. Let's see college basketball. It's all official now, Wes Miller's sense of that of Bearcats are going to host Dayton Tuesday, November eleventh, twenty twenty five, at Fifth Third Arena, going to open a home and home series between the in state programs. It's about time and the bear Cats are going to make a return trip to the gym city during the twenty twenty six, twenty seventh season. It's not Miller time and Xavier anymore. You aware of that?
Speaker 1: I know, well that's true. You're right, Texas long horns. Yeah, hook them horns.
Speaker 2: Here we go. I shouldn't say that because people get mad. NBA Finals resumed tonight, Indiana and Oak City series two to two, and then, of course, the Stanley Cup Finals resumed tomorrow with Game six and the Panthers up there three to two, so Florida may hoist the cup JJ for a second year in a row.
Speaker 1: Probably saw what Joe Dieters did on eighteen to Clovernook and took that as a q to have my putt on eighteen.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good point. Joe Dieters brought down the house. Well, congratulations to him.
Speaker 1: And Joe won ten bucks, which I didn't collect. By the way, I didn't feel bad taking that money. Didn't feel I felt.
Speaker 2: It for what you won. I know a one, but I thought that, Well, you think they can't, you think the Deeters family can't afford ten bucks?
Speaker 4: What was it? I mean?
Speaker 2: Was there was there a gallery around the eighteenth hold see this giant force amount. I mean, that's like Nicholas, night player, Trevigno and Palmer getting together. It was pretty big because although that one guy on Saturday said that he talked to Arnold Palmer I saw about the second round of the US Open. I'm thinking many years ago. Well, no, he was talking like he talked to him yesterday. Arnold Palmer. He's been dead for seven or eight years.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But the guy meant Jack Nicholas, he meant to say, he's meant to say Jack Nicholas, Well, maybe seance or something. Maybe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, who knows what those guys do. I don't know what they're doing. But they were in Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh, Latrobe, not too far away.
Speaker 2: You see that rough it ate the ball. It was unbelievable. I mean I watched that. I'm thinking those guys hit it out of the grass like I do. One hit it like five feet ten feet.
Speaker 1: I mean in the sixties, God himself was walking with Jack and Arnie up number eighteen of augusta National by themselves. God Almighty turned to Jack Nicholas and said, Jack, you'll be the greatest of all time, but they will love him more, pinting toward Arnold. That is from God Almighty. Jack will be the greatest of all time, but they will love him more.
Speaker 2: How about that? Is that the truth? Tiger v? Jack? What's say you? I'm going with the Golden Bear all the way with Ted McKay willis I'm going with Tiger. I'm going with a golden bear. I say, Jack Nicholas is the greatest major champion of all time, but no doubt about that. Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer. But he's about how many times has he said? How many times is Nicholas fit his second or third or in the top five in his career in the tournament?
Speaker 1: As you know, Jack won eighteen majors and he finished second nineteen times.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's thirty seven times first or second. By the way, Tiger won fifteen majors in finished second five times. So if he's take eighteen and nineteen, that's thirty seven. Take fifteen and five that's twenty. So it's thirty seven versus twenty. How can you say I'm still going with a golden bear? Well, Jack Nicholas was first or second thirty seven times in the majors, and Tiger was first or second twenty times. So shall we say Jack Nicholas by far is the greatest major champion of all time? But Tiger won six consecutive, three Junior and three US Amateurs six con second beginning of the age of twelve, Jack won two throw On top of that that, Jack only only won sixty seven tournaments and Tiger won eighty two. Now what do you say both won individual national championships in NCAA, Right, But put all that together, segment, what does it mean?
Speaker 2: I I don't either, and their prime I like to see him tee it up? Are you? Are you worried about?
Speaker 4: Is you?
Speaker 2: And J? J? J? Jeters? JJ Dieters is now name number eighteen of Clovernook? Was it up? Harry? Downhill? Was it right? The left?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 1: It began a little bit uphill okay? Then I went a little bit downhill.
Speaker 2: He's crossing the the green. Then I went a little bit left. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then I went a little bit right okay, And it came back this way. Then it circled and went back toward the cup, ran in like a mouse in a hole.
Speaker 2: So he put tremendous spin on a t.
Speaker 1: Joe Dieters got it done, and Dennis Theaters and the collapsed.
Speaker 2: What about? What about Harry Alexander? Was he on the side? Was there monitoring it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Harry Alexander is the man. He runs the place with an iron grip. Ye, So I couldn't believe what I was watching.
Speaker 4: J J.
Speaker 2: Dieters got it done, taking me out. Who had to buy afterwards? Well, I mean you have a ginger ale and the rest of them have what well? Joe and I Martinalisa parking lot.
Speaker 4: It did.
Speaker 2: We left him alone, got your ten bucks in right out the door.
Speaker 1: I put down the winning and I said, guys, live with it. See you wouldn't want to be a se We have a call coming in from Israel. David Ruben Na Ruben Sandwich after it right there will he he's in Israel getting bombed as we speak. And how about the hooties in southern Yemen or a bunch of shepherds. Somehow they have intercontinental ballistic missiles that fired at Israel from where Iran? Boy, give me out a sush report please, But remember J. J.
Speaker 2: Dieters William was on this date of June sixteenth, nineteen seventy eight. Really, mister Tom Terrific, Tom Seaver through his first and only no hitter of his career Riverfront Stadium, beating the Saint Louis Cardinals for nothing, a ground out by silent George Hendrick at first base. Danny Dreeson got the ball went the first today nineteen seventy eight, Tom Severs is only no hitter, Tom Terrific, vis you rest in peace. Segment. Thank you. Israel is next with a call from Jerusalem. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report. Tyler Stevenson, gotta be ready on the first pitch.
Speaker 6: Here, bases loaded, one out, two to one ball game, Reds have the lead and a breaking ball hit well by Stevenson, high and deep the left field. It is up there.
Speaker 1: It is gone.
Speaker 2: Hey, grand playing hold run for Tyler Stevenson. Yeah, you're not snickering anymore. Keep it going against those twinkies tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Keep snickering and I'll keep picking the red segment. Yeah, Austin, Yeah, he said the RESI win six games in the month of June. Mister negative, he won six games in the last week, thank you. On news Radio seven hundred Wautow. For the last three or four days, missiles have been exchanged back and forth. Sadly, Israel can only stop about eighty to eighty five percent of the missiles. Are as many deaths in Israel on a war launched by Iran about officially about two years ago, or so two and a half years ago, but it's been going on since at least nineteen seventy nine before that. Joan, you and I now from Israel, and there may be a slight delay in questions and answers to the Great David Rubin. He's the former mayor of Shiloh Israel. Also he's the founder of the Shiloh Israel Children's Fund. And David Rubin, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. As we sit here this Monday afternoon, what is the status of Israel right now as you and I speak?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Bill. We are on the attack in Iran. We are on the offensive. And as you know, if you want to win a war, or even if you just want to win a game, the best defense is a good open and that's what we're doing, thank God, finally, and and that's what needs to be done. That's the only way to stop this evil empire called Iran with the Ayatola at its head.
Speaker 1: And one thing, one thing I'm paying attention to is that the Ayatola in Iran has spread its tentacles to South America. There's Hesbela factions in South America. There's a Hoodis tribe of about fifty thousand, largely they're shepherds and Southern Yemen that's been given ballistic missiles by Iran. Iran's proxies and Hesbil and a Moss have attacked from the north in the South.
Speaker 2: This is ongoing.
Speaker 1: I want to get your census to the Israeli people we're in the States who are told often there's a sism, a split between Israelis who want to continue the fight, some who want to want to sue for peace. This Monday afternoon, what's the sentiment now of the Israeli people about this, about this war between you and Iran?
Speaker 2: What's the sentiment.
Speaker 4: Well, look, as in any country in the Western world, you have the sick, self hating individuals on the far left who only wants to self destruct. Unfortunately, we do have some of them in Israel. But when it comes to the war with Iran, there isn't even a question you would fight. It. Very hard to find an Israeli who does not think that this is as just the war as there ever was. We're talking about fighting against an enemy that has been threatening Israel with complete destruction for about thirty years now, and we're talking about an enemy that had chance. In their parliament they chant death to Israel, the Little Satan, and death to America, the Big Satan. They've been doing this for decades, Bill, and it's time that the world wakes up to it, and you know, we've been saying that for a long time, but apparently, other than President Trump and his administration, much of the world has not waken up. Most of the world has not waken up, and so unfortunately we have to do it ourselves. But we're proud to do it ourselves. And we you know, we've never asked for American boots on the ground, No, even though even though they're you know, it certainly could be useful to have those heavy bunker busting bombs to get to the one nuclear plant that we can get to so easily because it's deeply buried on the ground in Iran, and they're feverishly working on nuclear weapons there and in all of their other nuclear plants, some of which we've already destroyed, at least partially.
Speaker 2: Now I listen, I watch everything that I can.
Speaker 1: I guess this is the first time in a long time that the Israel have the support tacitly of Saudi Arabia cut or the UAE, Syria indirectly if they really are a country anymore, or Turkey. Isn't there a sense that this is the moment, this is the hour, and that you cannot have a piece. Piece is always a great thing. But if the Eye Tolla is still in charge of Iran, they still have nuclear capability delayed one or two years. Is that really a rightful piece or must that regime be eliminated for world peace? Can you end this war, David Rubin? There in Israel with the Eye Toolla is still in charge and their capability of putting together nuclear technology and killing Israel by the six million at a time? Can you end this war with Iran still with the ability of producing nuclear weapons?
Speaker 4: Well, your two words about the six million is the key. The representing six million Jews that were killed in the Holocaust. The regime in Iran has sworn to wipe out the Jewish people, to wipe out the state of Israel, and ultimately to get to the United States and do damage there because they're feverishly working on intercontinental ballistic missiles, which they are very close to having. So their intentions are clear. And you do not defeat Nazis by negotiating with them. That is not how you defeat them. There is such a thing in this world as good or good and evil. Bill, And you know, I know a lot of those on the far left don't want us to believe in good and evil anymore, it sounds kind of primitive. Well, there is such a thing as good and evil, and we need to defeat the evil. We need to do good in this world. That is our task in this world. And unfortunately, when there are those who are coming up to kill you and they and they say so clearly, and they say so with their act, also, you have to stand up and you have to fight back, and you have to do it in the right way so you win.
Speaker 1: So the point many are making that this Monday afternoon is number one. Peace is always desirable. Of course, most of the Iranian people are a great people, the Persian Empire, etc.
Speaker 2: It's the leadership which is the problem.
Speaker 1: And if this war ends with the Iatola still in charge and maybe they're set back their nuclear capabilities one or two years, is that a victory.
Speaker 4: No, clearly not. And the regime must be taken down and their nuclear program must be taken down and destroyed and wiped out and removed. And you know, it's kind of like in Libya. You know, Libya was on his way to having nuclear weapons, and they agreed to destroy the whole program and they didn't. It was verified and since then there hasn't been any problem with Libya. But the Iranians have been fighting this all the way. They promised to do so from the rise of what they called the Islamic Revolution back in nineteen seventy nine, and they promised to export the Islamic Revolution around the world. They have been doing that. That's why Israel is fighting a war on eight different fronts, and God willing, we will be successful. And you know, like it or not, we're fighting the battle on behalf of the entire free world, even though much of the free world doesn't even understand it or appreciate it.
Speaker 1: David Rubin Lyin from Israel. As far as unrelated, A related matter is what's happening in Gaza. I heard the radical left on college campuses marching around, including a No King's Day which was on Saturday, with the Palestinian flag that they can you address yourself to this issue? Are the Israelis committing genocide against the Palestinian people?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I know the but will you tell you?
Speaker 1: Will you tell those who are not ill informed why this is not a genocide by Israel against Gaza.
Speaker 4: If anyone wanted to see what a genocide is, they should They should take a look at the films from October seventh, the actual film footage, and then they will understand what an attempted genocide is. Uh. You know, we we have lived long enough and and have had a history that has included slavery and and the slaughter of our people in the millions, and I think we understand a little better than those naive leftists fighting out there in the streets of America what genocide is. If you look at the riots in Los Angeles, what did you see there? So the burning of American flags and the waving of Mexican and Palestinian flags. You know it's not an accident. The far left is in collusion with the radical Muslims, and even though they believe ultimately in totally different things, they both want to bring down the United States as a Judeo Christian civilization. Those of us in Israel understand that, and we are prepared to do the good fight over here if we have to. And that's what we're doing, and we are going to win. We are going to emerge victorious, and hopefully that evil that is the regime in Iran will be wiped out, as well as their capability to create nuclear bombs and use it against the world. Bill, if I could just say one thing. I heard you introduce me as the founder of the Shiloh Israel Children's Fund. And I know that many of your listeners do want to back Israel in some way, and I want to give them a concrete way to do so, which is to send support to the Shiloh Israel Children's Fund. We're helping the terror victim children in Israel. We have a vast array of programs for those terror victim children and and and the trauma is through the roof. So all they have to do is go to our website, which is Israel Children dot org. It's that simple, Israel Children dot org. They can find out more about what we're doing for the terror victim children. That's the on the on the local scale of of helping the children. And because you can't ignore the home front fighting a war like.
Speaker 1: This, that's a great point on Israel Children dot org is of fund. Lastly, I could not imagine the hooties in Yemen, which are dead said on killing on behalf of Iran, not just Jews and Christians, but also Saudi Arabia for example. I could not imagine them delivering a ballistic missile technology from the back of their camels into Israel unless fully supported by Iran, which is ahead of the snake. And Iran has never been in a more inferior position than today because of what happened in Jordan, what happened of course in Lebanon, what's going on in Gaza. Egypt is standing down. And I'm told by a US senator when the President went to Saudi Arabia about two weeks ago right now you know, he's in Canada, that he received the taskit approval of Mbs Mama Ben Salmon, the leader of Saudi Arabia, to take down the great head of the snake that he called the Adolph Hitler of the Middle East. And let's face that this branch of Islam has killed as more or more Islamic Muslims and anything else. It's a murderous death cult in which they want to die. They don't want to live, they want to die, and they want to die with Jiha to get their seventy two versions ready in heaven for them when they arrive. And I think Israel are kind of getting together the meeting, and this cannot end with peace of peace means that Saudi Arabia and the US and Israel together has the Eye Toll is still in charge of Iran, and they still have the capability of developing nuclear weapon technology and the next year or two or three, last question, David Rubin, would that be a victory if somehow peace comes, the Eye Toll is still in charge, the Iranian people are still enslaved by the leadership in Tehran and they still have a year or two or three away from missile technology.
Speaker 2: Would that be a victory.
Speaker 4: It's not a victory, and it's not peace. You know, we long go lost the definition of peace. Peace is not when you cave in to terrorists. Peace is not when you cave in to evil people. Peace is when you have an arrangement whereby you respect them and they respect you, and you live your life and without interfering with them, they live their life without interfering with you. That's not what we've had in the Middle East in the past one hundred plus years.
Speaker 2: And you know, and.
Speaker 4: You know Israel, you know where people that wants peace. And we always say that if our enemies would put down their weapons, they would be peace in the Middle East. If Israel would put down its weapons, then there would be eternal war and no Israel. So that so look, we're doing what we have to do.
Speaker 1: Bill, David reuben God bless you, Shiloh, former mayor, Israel Children's Fund founder, Israeli Children's Fund dot org is the website. Your fight today is our fight tomorrow. We've been fighting this ourselves in America. Nine to eleven was part of that. Iraq was part of that. Afghanistan is part of that. Whatever it is, this ideology cannot stand. You cannot be on the outskirts of Berlin in nineteen forty five and say, you know what, let's go back home, Hitler. You stay in charge of Berlin and you're years away from getting a nuclear missiles. That's okay. That's not the way the world works. And if Israel is disarmed, Israel is destroyed, and if Israel is strong, the rest of the Middle East is in peace. David Reubin, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. David, you're a great American and a great Israeli. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bill. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: God bless you all.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more and if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. As Tony Bender knows, the Reds are off today, back out of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, It's Room of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: He swings, sends a fly ball left field, hit well, going back to left fielder.
Speaker 2: He can't get it. It's gone an opposite field to run black for Elie.
Speaker 6: Dyala Cruz a line drive right over Riley Green and then right over the left field wall. He's now homered in four straight games. That is his sixteenth home run of the year.
Speaker 1: Hell, hell, hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God like man.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that Rock is here because the last team that came in this year was the Saint Axe lacrosse team. Wasn't that cultural misappropriation to take an Indian sport and.
Speaker 2: To use that to win the state title? All I'll be named the Bombers. Yeah, I think so? Is that cultural misappropriate?
Speaker 7: I think it is, sure, whatever, But how about that squad two years in a row, major state final game lost, and then this year boom and you don't congratch the Bombers.
Speaker 2: One of our first questions Friday was do you do you know who rocky boy. I know, I don't want to say anything. One of them said yes, yeah, they said, tell him the truth. They did not hang around you hang around.
Speaker 7: School and all that stuff. They said, Yeah, I just I just go up there and walk around the hall. Yeah, still in class I used to be.
Speaker 2: They said, you can tell us the difference between well, was a trigonometry and calculating calculus?
Speaker 1: This one kid came up with an answer. He said words, I didn't understand any of them.
Speaker 2: You tend a question, gave me the answer. He didn't know what it was. We were dumb. Found what was trigonometries? Angles? Right? You got in the proportionality thereof and calculus.
Speaker 7: Calculus is the uh the the you know, where you find out the value of something by knowing the value of two other things.
Speaker 2: I flunked that. I didn't do well.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're hearing another issue. Second Man reported an hour ago that Ted Krawl was on MLB network.
Speaker 2: Nick Krawl Crawl, what's his name? Nick Krawl? Ever heard of baseball operations? Ted Crawl?
Speaker 1: I think this guy played golf with But Nick Krawl was there talking about Dela Cruz running the long term guarantee bonus Layton contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what happened. He's doing well, by the way, to say the least, I never doubted him. You mean you mean Nick Krawl Or he's kind of hit like that other guy, a little bit like that number forty four used to do a few years ago. You mean ed. They're not talking about a commercial either. Now.
Speaker 1: According to my sources in the DR, there's a company called Steinberg's Big League Advantage. The loans player's money in exchange for a percentage of all their future earning. Gosh, boy, if he reaches the major league. The company paid Dela Cruz one hundred thousand dollars four years ago when he was I guess nineteen.
Speaker 7: When he had no money'ven on a dirt floor of a hut somewhere in the deal hurt.
Speaker 2: And now what's that worth? Now they're saying, show me the money.
Speaker 1: What if somebody had said to you a saying X sign away ten percent of your future earnings.
Speaker 2: Here's one hundred thousand dollars. A big question.
Speaker 7: It's hard because you say, do you find it away? Do you bet on yourself? Or do you make your current present life a little more manageable. And it's a tough call because most you know, I don't know if you guys know this, most people don't make it to the major leagues. It's already don't know how many hundreds of thousands of millions of baseball players playing youth baseball right never make it.
Speaker 2: Or league anywhere in the world, anywhere, football, baseball, basketball, anything.
Speaker 1: The company surveys the scenes and pick out ten players out of a country and said, let's bet on those ten.
Speaker 2: If one hits, we're right.
Speaker 7: But but they own what ten percent of the next contract future earnings because he makes a billion dollars one.
Speaker 2: Hundred million boom. What do you say about that one?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, look, how many players take that deal and never make it that they lose money. You could say they're praying on a kid who doesn't know any better, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's tough. He took the deal, no one made him. Well, I don't know what to tell you, seg What do you say, would you take the money at Cole Rain? By the way, the wild man tells me he had better grades than you had. He was out said, and you were at Cole Raine. What he said he was a straight C student, which is better than you.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. That made National Honor Society and like a force uping my uh gpa up at Cole Rain. Take that, wild Man, say that again? Yeah, National Honor Society. You me, you have that plaque with you. So do you make any National Honor Society at at two point four? You did, didn't you wrong? Of course? Thank you, not me two point four you're joining wild Man. You didn't apply yourself, not at all. I didn't apply myself to law school up to that point. I was a numb nut. Now look at you.
Speaker 1: Now I'm a derelict. Well, am, I'm a derelict.
Speaker 2: Will he the stuot reporters of Proud service of her local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five seg.
Speaker 1: What's the time table for Dela Cruz? I have it here, but what the timetable looking forward? He's signed through twenty twenty nine. At the end of twenty twenty nine, it's over, but he goes to restricted arbitration year after next and.
Speaker 2: Then who knows what he makes the read sign him now? Yes, is a future team comes in a week from today? Possibly you mean the Yankees, Bengo. Who else is going to afford him? The Dodgers, that's a bit.
Speaker 1: According to Marty Brenneman's good for it's only going to go either warrass a billion dollars.
Speaker 7: He's gonna give a He's gonna get a hometown. You know, he loves Cincinnati so much. He's gonna stay here for less.
Speaker 2: Ohead some rob. First off, will he on his stutter point? We want to say happy birthday to one of the pebbles, bron years old today.
Speaker 7: It's a tough dude to ten year olds. He does muy thai use it wise all the time. Every night in my house. Little brother practice. He practices on his little brother.
Speaker 2: Older brother. He practices on him too.
Speaker 1: The big brother beats him up to him. Yeah, but they just beat each other up, Thank you very much. Just this is Frank Zybell's birthday. Joe Fred love to see our gun eye pools and spas. It's hot, hot, hot right now, amen to that, Please continue segment. But you're not answering the question, what is the question? Do anyone know you auld stand next high school? These kids said, I never heard.
Speaker 2: Of the guy. He's trying to make you feel every one. I'm saying, yes, yeah, And you think anybody deer Park would remember you?
Speaker 7: Yes, of course I remember him because he's running around cutting nets off every single basketball in that awful back Then, Uh, doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: I wish I could get that tape. Reds update. Those Reds are off to day will Willing after wedding eight of their last eleven. The Reds have the day off today. A home stand kicks off tomorrow night against the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 1: And the best is Marty had me lay down on the field at my ballpark in front of the team, just put my arms.
Speaker 2: Right, embarrassing the action right.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to great American parks to welcome with Sanax High school championship team on the floor.
Speaker 2: Has that happened to you? They're probably gonna probably gonna get the lacrosse team down there. I would gas the answer is no, no, But deer Park insisted that I that I go. How many strings you have to pull me? Pockets? You have to line and get that done. Please continue. Let's say, uh, let's see.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sean Casey there, Oh don't reportedly tore his hamstring rounding first base, uh the other night against the Savannah Bananas, and apparently he needs surgery.
Speaker 1: I did four balls, passed ball in the pretends to run. He's got his arms up like a darrelic kind of goofy guy running and all of a suddenly hits first.
Speaker 2: I know that feeling. That's right, Seg. That happened to you. It looked like a turtle on the field. You go to the Banana you didn't go Did you go to the Bananas games? Did you go about? We did our show straight from there before how that works? Looked like opening day? Great Merchandise was like what an hour and a half.
Speaker 7: So I'm walking up and I park and I'm walking down towards you know, the Holy Girl there, and then all the people out in the concourse there and they don't, like, I don't know, ten yellow tints set.
Speaker 2: Up and I was like, what is that?
Speaker 7: Like we'll call or something. People have to pick up their tickets and that's that's kind of weird. You think they be online? No, I learned as I was talking to people walking in that was merchandise, like like ten different tents lining up for like all the way down the road to buy Savannah bananas. Like Swift, they sell more merchant. We had the president on our show. What was his name, Tyler or something, I don't know. And so they started that deal in twenty sixteen. And I said, and I told you in twenty sixteen, you'd be selling out a major league ballpark two nights in a row, selling merchandise out the wazoo.
Speaker 2: Would you believe it? He said, no, No, bananas, Yeah, people go bananas.
Speaker 7: He just said, you know, they had like a kind of like a minor league ish, you know, kind of semi pro team, and he just figured, there's always going to be a cat You're never going to get the best players. You're never gonna so we got to do something to get people do the ballpark. Well, let's have fun. They had a they did. That was when that Gangam style song was popping there back in twenty sixteen, and like some every whatever inding, they would all do the dance and people loved it.
Speaker 2: They're like, well, let's do more of that. Guy on Steltz bat Battie. Yeah, and he pitched on stilts. He pitched. He's got a big strike zone. He's like throwing like seventy miles an hour, like the air. Sign them up upper worst test seat occupied? Where's when you need him? Sign? Ted Crawl is my seven irons. That was good saying Nick Krawl. You know Ted Crawl is you're You're the golf club. You know Ted Crawl.
Speaker 1: He's a famous golfer. He's sold golf.
Speaker 2: Now those golfers, what about J. J. Spahn?
Speaker 3: They know him?
Speaker 2: What about the guy hit the sixty four foot put? What about j Peters? Didn't tell you about that, did you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: What happened to the big you? Marty Marty?
Speaker 1: Judge Marty had a conflict. So we got Dennis on another vacation. In the variation, he had to go to Switzerland. You got me and Joe against Dennis. Theaters and the buzzer eaters, and Joe shall always say it's not the best. But on the eighteenth hole overnook people lined up, Harry Alexander, how to get the videotape? Joe hits a drive down the middle, hit one drive all day and play it's the next one about thirty feet from the hole. We go up there and Joe rolls in the putt for a three birdie, just like JJ spawn net two, and the boys collapsed.
Speaker 2: Apparently, apparently JJ spawn saw that video in Saturday night and used it for yesterday to win the open.
Speaker 1: At sixty four, Joe's put a little bit uphill, a little bit downhill, broke a little left, broke a little right, then came back toward him and then went back the other way, and he made the putt for a three net two, and the Deeters clan, his brothers collapsed in a ball of pity.
Speaker 2: How much money you went? Ten dollars? Nice? I didn't collect. I felt bad you did not, you liar? I love Thank you. Bengals up they brought to you by good spirits and party town. Then what about thirteen location? Gonna google him in order the Kentucky Ted Crawl. Let's see, ESPN says the Bengals and Ted Hendrickson are back talking. Ted Ted Hendrickson was a good golfer two. Oh my god, he was. There's Trey hendricks right there there. He is, all right, Trey Henderson. What's going on with brother brother?
Speaker 4: Is Netley?
Speaker 2: Their re engaging contract talks, they're gonna pay more money. I don't know. What about Stewart, my Stewart saying, don't know.
Speaker 1: There is Ted Crawl, famous golfer, won many PJ events and gave his last club to Bill Cunningham. Now a radio talk shows there. That's all true, right of course. I can't look at my Wikipedia page. I look so bad.
Speaker 2: But how about j J. Spondo bogie five of the first six holes he's in the I mean, you know, on that course in the he's down by four at the turn and turns it on in the back night and and gets it done.
Speaker 1: Beats everybody by six drugs in the last nine holes, man, including birdings like Joe Eaters birding eighteen for all of the marbles collapsing the east water in veins.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Joe isn't here to talk about it. Well, he said, he's on the bench. What's he doing? What was no idea? Is this one of the like three days a month he works two days?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 1: April sixteenth, today and tomorrow rocks June sixteenth and then August sixteenth, and that's it. Then they're off the bench until seventh August sixteenth.
Speaker 2: That's the day that the king died. Christmas is a week later. The King nineteen seventy seven, The King Elvis August sixteenth. George, Oh really Elvis, the King. I was there with. I was there with the crof. You were in the jibt put Uncle Vestor on hold. He was crying. You were there, rough called Uncle Vester. That's unbelieved.
Speaker 1: Tell that story quickly, you and Jim Lebarber when Elvis died. Oh he went, I mean it, there's nothing but Elvis stuff and hits and him calling people in Memphis and putting them on hold, and all of a sudden he said, call this number, and who's this?
Speaker 2: He says, Uncle Vester? Guys crying? Everything else? I said, you ready to go? Did you?
Speaker 1: Wasn't I wasn't he on gun Smoke with Matt Dillon. No, no, Festus that was That was Ted Hendrickson. That was on gun Smoke along with Ted kraw.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you never know you signed the deal.
Speaker 1: Would you sign a hundred million dollar deal right now? If if you're a Dela Cruise buy out a few years keep him here? Would you sign a hundred million if you're Dela cruise. He's worthing more than a hundred million right now? How about one hundred and ten million? Would you take that?
Speaker 7: Rock nor sid hold out to like say said, go to the Yankees for a billion a billion.
Speaker 1: I'll believe it when I see it. Well, you got we got him in that. We got him until the end of twenty nine, correct, So we don't need to sign him now. But the price price we get in front of it. What about scott Boro they signed the Hunter Green and how'd that work out? And then I guess they were gonna sign Lodolo after that?
Speaker 2: How about Home or how'd that work out? How about By they think they're still paying him.
Speaker 1: You're still paying clown. How about Candelaria? He's fouled a ball off his big toe. Now he's called forty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Hitting on the interstate in triple A. Jeez, what's on the back? They're winning? They're winning, they're winning.
Speaker 1: Come on, Austin, Austin said they were gonna what's his name, Austin Carr?
Speaker 2: Is that his name? Austin Carry almost got down on fifteen thirty. We weren't gonna win six games in June. Now they won six games in the last week. Thank you remind me of that way Rock, it's right on the gay.
Speaker 7: At three o'clock we have General Bob Dezon, great guest, former general. He's going to talk about the war Iran Israel conflict.
Speaker 2: What's going on with that.
Speaker 7: Then we have Jeremy Rosenthal and at four o'clock about that nut they killed the the Minnesota Yeah, terrible congresspeople.
Speaker 1: It was a trail camera that tripped it. Yeah, the person had a trail camera and that came to their phones and it looks like that. But derelict.
Speaker 7: Guess what, it's hard to commit a crime or you're always on camera between cell phones and you know the camera's on the streets, trail camera's.
Speaker 2: Tractive down a nowhere right nowhere. Yeah. I say, if you graduate from high school work and don't commit crime. Did you tell the Sanks guys that, Yeah, I tell you all the time they said. One of them said no, not really, say give me out of the student's report. In honor of Ted Crawl and Ted Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Ted Hendrickson, he played wherever they may be defensive end for the Raiders, didn't.
Speaker 2: That's right, You're right, I think everybody knows that number eighty seven. Oh ahead, that was a tight end. He played number eighty seven. What was his name? Defense you're thinking of? You're thinking of Casper? Yeah, Dave ded Ghost. Don't you know what you're talking about? Don't make a full you don't either, Thank God? Will he on this date? Tune the sixteenth, nineteen seventy eight, Elvis dies no. Tom Seaver was the through his first and only no hitter of his career Riverfront Stadium against the Saint Louis Cardinals. With the Reds won at four to nothing, We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 6: Pay off pitch to Riley Green, Riley Gert, strike three, called God him looking back door, slider came back, caught the outside corner, Green caughttching and doesn't like it, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Red's win it. Final score eight to four.
Speaker 6: The Reds take the series from the Tigers and they head home after a four and two six game road trip.
Speaker 1: Is Riley Green related to Riley Gert? They related?
Speaker 2: Yeah. On seven hundred ww