Speaker 1: Dr. Skye, my God, I want your life. Here's Dr. Skye. He was blessed with that voice. He lives in Arizona. He has a girlfriend, I think, or a wife or both. And he has a spiritual, kind life. Dr. Skye, thank you for being on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Walter. Always a privilege and honor. And as we go through the throes of winter, no, as we go through the throes of summer, I've got winter on my mind here today, 116 degrees here in Phoenix, but lucky me, I was up at a mountaintop location, 70 degrees, and that's a good sign, don't you think?
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, 70 degrees in the desert, right?
Speaker 2: Well, the high mountains of Arizona, this is a place called the Mogollon Rim, and if many people are not aware of it, it's basically where the big trees are in Arizona. You know, around this property, there's like 70 and 80 foot beautiful pine trees, and little tiny ones like holiday Christmas trees that are, well, sadly, a lot of them get cut down. But it's just a nice place to get back into nature. But most of all, Walter, as we come into a big event astronomically tonight, as we move into Thursday, a lunar eclipse. This is a lot of information to share with the audience.
Speaker 1: Please share with us about the lunar eclipse tonight. When is it expected? About how long does it last? Where's the best spot to look in the sky? All of the things that Dr. Skye knows about.
Speaker 3: Well, here we go.
Speaker 2: Another event. We call it sacred geometry because when these planetary objects, the moon and, of course, the earth, and, of course, the light giver and life giver, the sun, get in the way, we see this phenomenon called a lunar eclipse. Now, this one's billed, well, there is a partial lunar eclipse, but 96.2%. That's almost total. So here's how you can see it. Hopefully tonight, if your weather conditions are clear... You'll start to see this event where the left edge of the moon starts to get, moves into the shadow of the earth. The big earth, of course, has a shadow in space about four times the size of what the moon is. So simply, if you look around 10.33 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time tonight, if the weather is clear, that's when the event begins. On the left edge, you'll see the moon starting to do something as they call it in the choreography. the deep red blood moon when it becomes full. So the maximum eclipse will be 1212 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Friday morning, the 28th. And the whole thing ends, sadly, if you love the sky, 151 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Friday the 28th. It's interesting, Walter, because lunar eclipses are safe to view. So that's one of the things we like to mention as the opposite with solar eclipses. But there's a lot of this, as I call it, sacred geometry here. These eclipses happen in what's considered to be from science. They're called Seiros cycles. And what are those? The eclipses repeat. This is amazing. Every 18 years, 11 and a half days on average. But all these computations that were done, how the heck did they do these computations without computers back in the 1600s? It's beyond me. But this is an event not to miss. And if you were on the surface of the moon, Walter, this is more interesting. A lunar day is 14 Earth days. So you would see the sun rise in the direction it rises. It would take 14 days for the sun to cross the lunar sky. And then, behold, you get 14 days of the lunar night. So if you were in that area that turns so-called blood red, what you would see is the full Earth and a big ring around it because the light is bent around the edges of the Earth. And that's what causes that beautiful refraction when we see the red of a total eclipse. So this one will look really weird. And why do I say weird? Because that little percentage that's still in sunlight, if you ever looked at pictures of Mars and you see that orangey-red planet with a white polar cap, take it from me, I think you'll see something full and big in the sky. The moon will almost look like the planet Mars would be, as if it had a polar cap at the max.
Speaker 1: In medieval times, in the 1600s, 1700s, 1500s, What was the belief, the superstitions around lunar eclipses? Do you know about any of them? I sure do. And it's interesting.
Speaker 2: The Chinese had a very interesting philosophy about this. They looked as if there was a large dragon or something that was eating up the moon and the sky. But more prolifically, if you look at total eclipses of the sun, that was even the bigger of the demons. Again, not just with Chinese mythology, but many, many nations around the world. Native American cultures also had the on suspicion of what that was happening. You know, why is this happening? And it scared a lot of people. I don't have the exact date, but there were battles in the medieval and even earlier times, the Greek enrollment days were two, you know, sides, two factions are fighting. Why can't we all kind of get along? And their record goes, and it's actually recorded in history that during the mid part of the eclipse, when totality came, everybody put down their arms. But then again, human nature had it. After the eclipse, they continued to fight. But here's an interesting quick story. Christopher Columbus is said to have used his science and knowledge of astronomy for an eclipse in the New World on February 29th of 1504. And he was having a hard time getting the local natives, the indigenous people, to cooperate with him. And who knows what they did and who knows what they tried to do, but he had a knowledge. This is not really fair to say, but he used his knowledge of astronomy, And he told the local leaders that the gods in heaven would not be happy if he and his crew were not given the provisions that they needed. So he knew. It's kind of a trickster thing. Not really a nice thing to do, I guess. But he got what he wanted. And he told people then, as the moon turned blood red, they said, well, wait a minute. Here, take what you need.
Speaker 1: We'll give you what you need.
Speaker 2: And then the whole thing went in reverse. And he said, now we have what we want. That's an interesting story. Again, not a nice way to do things, according to legend. But it's an interesting thing how there is a lot of correlation between things on the Earth and the mysticism of what these eclipses were all about.
Speaker 1: Was it always viewed as a dangerous, a negative event, or was it ever viewed as wonderful and positive as we would look at it?
Speaker 2: Walter, in modern times, I'm saying more like 1800s and on, more people in the art world looked at this as the most beautiful phenomenon. And the reason I say sacred geometry when we opened up this is that when you look at this and the shapes and things in the universe, when you look at the Earth and the Moon and the Sun, think about it this way, folks. How rare is it that you get a moon covering up, say, let's say, the Sun, and that moon coincides at times a perfect fit? That's unusual. You look in the whole solar system and that thing doesn't really happen. So on occasion, you get that what we call sacred geometry. So so many people over history... have been watching these events. And if you're a fan of total eclipses, I've been fortunate to see seven of these. And not to brag. No, it's amazing. It costs a lot of money to go to some of these because you have to go everywhere the eclipse is. And some of it's deep in jungles or places that you may not want to go to. But here's the big one. August 2, Walter, 2027. Probably the longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century it is. The best view will be in Luxor in Egypt, in the Valley of the Gods, the beautiful You know, stories of Egyptology. Imagine being there. You'd see six minutes and 23 seconds of totality, which may not seem a lot to people, but most eclipses, the ones I've been to, and probably a lot of listeners, two and a half minutes. And I think already, I think the place is overflowing. And I think pretty much it's pretty booked because of the, you know, the sparsity, I guess, of hotels and things in that area. But that will be one of the best of all eclipses, solar eclipses, coming up in the whole, within 100 years.
Speaker 1: Now, because I'm scatterbrained and because we were hitting on a lot of things earlier today when we were talking, there was another story you and I are going to talk about. And I've been sitting here like a real talk show host going, what did we agree to talk about? And I can't remember. What was it?
Speaker 2: Well, we were talking about a news story about Mary Rose. Who was that or what was that? It was a ship, a favorite warship of the Tudor Navy. And that was of King Henry VIII. And why are we talking about this? Because the ship was all classified as a Carrick. What's a Carrick? A three or four masted sailing ship developed in Spain. And this particular one was finished in 1511. But what happened, Walter, is really strange. And this is where I think the whole archaeology story is so fascinating. It sank in a battle in the year 1545. They were fighting the French, the British. allegedly had 200 sailors on there and some massive guns that had maybe 70 or up to 70 or 100 guns and a lot of these anti-personnel weapons. So very advanced technology for that time. And some of the things that really go phenomenal here is that the ship was raised on October 11th of 1982 with a load of artifacts and just releasing that from the depths of the ocean. They found musical instruments. We talk about the heavy guns. But more interesting, why did the ship possibly sink? And this is what a lot of people, when they dug deeper into some of the stories of people that were on there, maybe some of it hearsay, but here's probably why it happened. The guns that they put inside that ship were too heavy, really, for that ship to sustain it. And this was one of the ships, Walter, that used gun ports on the side, you know, the old battleships you see in those pictures, the broadside shootings. These heavy guns, actually, when the ship was turning one side, shooting broadside, you know, all the guns on one side, A big gust of wind allegedly happened. The ship did a 180. They wanted to use the guns on the other side because it was so heavy Walter. that gun port area was very, very close to the water line. And guess what happened? Allegedly, the whole ship sank. All the water gets into the gun ports. But they found so many amazing things there. They found not only these technologically advanced guns of the day, musical instruments, you know, relics of They actually found skeletal remains of people and actually a dog that was called Hatch. And this is interesting. They did all the forensics on it. And the animal remains, they believe that Hatch, the little terrier dog, was there simply to kill rats on the ship. But they say there might have been an uprising on this particular ship. And why? Because they had scurvy. They had all kinds of things like dysentery. But the main point of the whole story is that these archaeological digs that we're finding, the bottom line is, cut to the chase is, Advanced weapons for the day. Even though they probably didn't know about the term buoyancy, maybe they did. And maybe it was just an unfortunate event that sank that ship. But they brought it up. It's in a museum as whatever the relics are left. And isn't that a fascinating story about archaeology, of technology of the past?
Speaker 1: It's a great mystery. Mysteries are always amazing. How did that ship sink? Fascinating. Dr. Skye, when are you on on the radio on the weekends?
Speaker 2: Friday, midnight to 2 a.m. Saturdays, and then Saturday, midnight to 2 a.m. Sunday, Eastern Daylight Time. Great guests, as always. This week, we're going to do a deeper dive into geoengineering with a very good gentleman that's been on with us before, Dane Whittington of geoengineeringwatch.org. Many people are concerned all over, Walter, about the expense of, you know, the increased pricing of water here in the western part of the United States, which can affect other areas with their reservoirs. Problematic things with the Colorado River, the dispersion of water, a political thing. And then on Saturday, as we go into Sunday, a bigger, deeper dive into the Apophis asteroid and talking about what may happen to alarm a lot of people, but we don't want to alarm people. That on April the 13th of 2029, Apophis, 1,400 feet, comes closer in than the geosynchronous satellites, and that's quite an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: It's quite a story. Now, I'm going to ask you to answer some questions for Midnight Misfits. They're calling in. Can you answer some questions for us?
Speaker 2: Be happy to, Walter.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that opportunity. Sure. Thank you. 800-848-9222. Walter Sterling with Dr. Skye. You're just the best. Linda in New Jersey, welcome to the other side of Midnight at 800-848-9222. Greetings, Linda.
Speaker 3: Hello. Greetings.
Speaker 4: Hello, Walter and Dr.
Speaker 2: Skye.
Speaker 4: I would like to ask, I went out tonight I looked at the moon at 10 p.m. tonight, and it was large with a light saffron glow encircling it. And I found it interesting. I was wondering astrologically, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Maybe positive or negative. Do you have any kind of intuition about what this may mean? To me, it was significant for something. I felt intuitively that it meant something, but what? I don't know. I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: Linda, thank you for the call, and I appreciate this. I don't really delve into the astrological side, and I do respect it, but what you're seeing is the big buildup of what's going to be happening tonight, and that's even going to be more impressive. I mean, your description is absolutely beautiful. It flows... like artwork. And I think that's fascinating, but the connection between astrology, I mean, there's so many cycles that we could get into that the higher birth rate during total full, you know, full moons, things of that nature, the, when wolves start to, you know, how old the study of lycanthropy as they call it. But from the science side of it, I just want people to admit, not miss, excuse me, not miss this event because the only thing we have not, not going in our favor. And I don't mean to be negative is the possibility that the weather might not cooperate. But again, For everybody listening, Linda, here's the time that you really want to start looking. I would suggest around 1030 tonight, skies looking into the southeast. This is what they call a full sturgeon moon. And a lot of the indigenous people, Native American cultures, the full moon this time comes from the spawning of the Great Lake fish, the sturgeon. And it's quite interesting because it's not a very close moon, but it'll slide deep into the earth's shadow. And Linda, I hope you and everybody else listening get a chance to see what we call sacred geometry, which does have ties to an astrological type of conversation.
Speaker 4: Yes, I believe it does.
Speaker 1: All right, Linda, you're the best. Thank you very much for calling in to Dr. Skye. 800-848-9222. Lenny, questions about drones? Welcome to the other side of midnight with the legendary Dr. Skye at 800-848-9222.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Dr.
Speaker 1: Skye, my wife and I....
Speaker 3: Two, two and a half years ago, saw so many drones over Long Island and New Jersey. They were talking about it all the time. And now we don't hear much of anything. But my wife saw so many drones. What's up?
Speaker 2: Lenny, you bring up something fascinating. I made a visit back to the New York area right about that time, and I wished I had the opportunity to see what you folks have been seeing. You're right. Mm-hmm. One of the most magnificent sightings of the UAPs, you know, the old UFO story, UAPs, Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon. Many people were looking at these objects heading over military bases in that area of New Jersey and Long Island. And some described, maybe you did, Lenny, I'll ask you. Some people said they saw these drones the size of an SUV, but you're right. We never got an answer. The Trump administration was telling us that there's nothing to worry about. The Biden administration a long time ago was saying the very same thing. But aren't we looking, Lenny, for full disclosure? And these drones, we still have no idea where they came from.
Speaker 3: My wife saw one. She thought it was as big as an SUV.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Over Long Island. And yet, now we hear nothing about it. So is it a governmental experiment? Were they getting ready for warfare drones? Because now we hear nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me give you one theory on this, Walter, and I'll address Lenny in a little deeper way here. I can't prove this, but I've read so much about this, and I've talked to some people who do not want to go on air, no matter what program. And this is what they said to me. They said at one time, weeks before the event that you were describing over the New York metro area, a container ship came in from somewhere.
Speaker 1: We don't know where.
Speaker 2: Well, they know where. And it might possibly contain some radioactive material. Now, in the government, Department of Energy has these helicopters. I've seen them many, many times. If you look at big Super Bowl events and things like that, you'll see these nest helicopters. What they have on the front of these helicopters or on the side are these sniffing devices that sniff for radiation. Now, I can't prove that. It may sound bizarre. It may sound totally crazy and conspiratorial. But something was detected, and you have to dig deeper into this. I don't have the names and the people I talk to. They don't want to come on here to talk about it. But who knows? I mean, the greatest mystery is, again, going back to the government disclosure from the UFO files, we're still not getting really what we need. We want full disclosure because the American people have not been given that. And I think not only the American people, all over the world, Lenny. So I'm with you. We have no idea what that means.
Speaker 3: I guess we never will. But if you remember, they were talking about a ship off the coast, the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right.
Speaker 3: Launching thousands and thousands. So I'm thinking it's a military experiment.
Speaker 2: Well, what goes to the military side is that even some of these drones that were sighted, there were reports that some type of helicopters, probably military, were chasing these, and that at some particular point off the coast, the lights of the drones went out, and some even said that they disappeared. Now, that's really bizarre. Lenny, that's a powerful question that you asked. We still don't have an answer.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. Thank you, Lenny. Thank you for calling at 800-848-9222, 800-848-9222. Now, I have a specific Dr. Skye question, but first I have to mention that you and I are on the air in Chicago on the great WGN, which is certainly a shock to their management. Now, my question to you is I got an email, which I will forward to you so you can get the full scope of it. And it's an email from a person who claims they used to work in some capacity at the CIA. And the email basically said, you have to be very careful about what you say on the air about UFOs and what the government has in terms of technology and that they have acquired from UFOs. You have to just be very careful. And she was very serious. And I'm like, really? Yeah, I wonder. Have you ever gotten emails like that?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, Walter. And I can say this much. It's incredible. So going to the positive side of this, look at people like David Grush. If he's able to speak as a whistleblower and nothing, hopefully nothing happens to the guy, but look at all the missing scientists still. And we really don't have any conclusion or real answers. Like one of the General McCaslin who walks out into the desert. I don't believe he's ever been found. But no, I haven't ever received that. But one time I gave a talk. This is many, many years ago at the Roswell Museum. And my purpose there was to say to the group, 500 people were there for the big event, you know, the, the July event, the anniversary. And my topic was this, how to become a better sky watcher. And what I did was do this little presentation. This is before we had great computers. And I was talking about how we identify objects in the heavens, anything you don't know, Like if you look out in the West in the evening, you know, tonight or tomorrow, the bright thing there is Venus. But if you don't know it's Venus, it's always a UFO or UAP. So I wasn't trying to be, you know, overpowering like an intellectual snob. I defined the entire heavens and tried to say, you know what? 3% of those things are really things that we don't know. So I learned the night sky. So guess what happened really quickly? People came up to me and I was really shocked. Some older people, I was in my 30s, They're poking my chest saying, you're not a believer. And I said, this is ridiculous. How could you say, learning about the map of the sky, that's why we do these things even on the shows that I'm doing here, to talk with people, educate, and show that there's answers to some of this. But again, I'm positive, Walter, like you are. Let's say 3% of the things that we know are not planets, stars, galaxies, comets, meteors. You bet. Those things really intrigue me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the note says... I'll just read one sentence.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: Let me say that you are traveling down a very dangerous road concerning UFO technologies and what the government knows. Like, really?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: If we knew more, maybe. I don't really feel I'm on a dangerous road. But I found it fascinating, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I've never had that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I've never had that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a responsible guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, like you.
Speaker 1: You're a very responsible broadcaster. Me, you know, right on the border there. The very questionable talent. Anyway, you're the best. Dr. Skye, tell us again when you're on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Tune in Fridays, midnight to 2 a.m. Saturday morning, Eastern Daylight Time, and Saturdays, midnight to 2 a.m. Sundays, Eastern Daylight Time.
Speaker 1: And what do we do?
Speaker 2: We talk about the great realms of astronomy, space, aviation, weather. And because I had a military background and also a law enforcement background and a proud American, we do talk about subject matter from the world of American exceptionalism, just like the radio station, of course, emblazons itself truth, justice, and the American way. And in these troubling times, we certainly need to educate ourselves about the options to keep our country going and growing strong.
Speaker 1: The legendary Dr. Skye, thank you for being on the other side of midnight.