Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, the Cajun Knight, Jacob Mook and Man. We got a lot of things to talk about here. We're gonna be talking about some geopolitical We're gonna be talking about some dose. We're gonna be talking about some Russia. We're gonna be talking about some American controversy going on, not just Doze but also within our own defense administration. We're gonna be talking about some cryptocurrency heights from North Korea. We're gonna be talking about some crazy anthropological things. We got all kinds of stuff to talk about here. But first, I would like to thank everybody for joining me on this evening and to anybody listening to this show on the following day, on Thursday, as a matter of fact, or whatever day of the week you happen to find this episode. If you would like to join into this conversation and be a part of The Cajun Night Live, then please come check out the Cajun Night on Patreon. Link is in the description below. There there's only one tier. He'll be able to join in and share things add into the conversation. Or banter back and forth, maybe debate some of the topics you've heard brought up, and maybe you disagree with some of the things, Hey, bring it on. We would like to discuss these things in this open forum. There is no hatred here. There is only the sharing of ideas and hopefully a tad bit of growth from all parties involved. At least that's the goal anyway. So with that being said, let's go ahead. I'm gonna share the scream and I wanted to kick off with this first. Uh well this really first talking point. That's not the one, all right. So I don't know if anybody heard about this yet or not. I'm sure most of my good following on the Cage to Night has, but the Trump administration is facing backlash from the Signal security breach. Now we have another article that pulled up right after this, but this is gonna kind of give it the quick and dirty of it if anybody is unaware. Long story short, there was a Signal group. Signal was an app and it's used because it's encrypted on both ends, and that's why it's seen as quote unquote secure, even though we all know if it's on the Internet, it's not secure. That's just the way it goes. But basically, some very key members of our heads of state, vice president, head of the NSA, head of the God these things were in this group chat and they were discussing plans to attack Hoothy Rebels, which we support here on the Cage to Night. We really are not fans of the Hoothy Rebels. But long story short, they accidentally added in a really high up editor of a journalism post, The Atlantic, mister Goldberg, I know, I know c the Jewish hate already. I can hear it from the ether coming through. But anyway, look, let's go ahead and play this quick little video about it, and then we'll read the article. Y'all tell me what y'all think.
Speaker 2: Broken windows and shattered glass could be seen in the aftermath of US strikes on the Hooties in Yemen, but more focus is being put on the fallout from details of the attack being mistakenly shared in advance with a journalist. Atlantic editor, Jeffrey Goldberg says National Security Advisor Mike Waltz added him to a group chat on the Signal app with other key members of the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: All right, real quick, I'm going to read off. And this is not the entire list of the people whose names were in this group chat. This is, however, some of them maybe you've heard of them. Mike Walls, that would be the National Security Advisor. Jd Vance that would be our VP, Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, Pete hegseef's Defense Secretary, John Ratcliffe, the CIA director, Sulci Gabbert, director of National Intelligence, and Steven Miller, the deputy of White House Chief of Staff. All of them and more were in this group chat and it accidentally got leaked because this dude with the Atlantic accidentally got added to it and just kind of sat silently and watched it all. But we continue jin.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: Waltz took full responsibility, but says it had no impact on the actual attack in Yemen. We made a mistake. We're moving forward, and we're going to continue to knock it out of the park for this president. President Trump is defending Waltz and saying that his National security advisor would not be fired.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think he should apologize.
Speaker 2: But Democrats are not ready to give the top national security officials a pass, arguing the messages could have put American lives at risk if they were seen by the wrong people. The problem with mistakes when bombs are flying and pilots are piloting F eighteen's and F thirty five over dangerous territory is that a mistake gets people killed. Today, House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries wrote President Trump a letter saying Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth should resign.
Speaker 1: Okay, so before we get into the the people that are just kind of going over the top with it, I will say this. Pete Hegseth released a statement on the UH on the issue, basically calling the Atlantic editor or the the whatever executive mister Goldberg called him a professional liar who has made a career out of spouting hoaxes and misinformation and all of these things. And while that may be true, that there may be some truth to the statements being made by our boy Hegseeth, that doesn't detract from the fact that what he saw with this group chat was verified, true information and all of those people on the list were absolutely in this list and UH and so basically, and I saw a couple of interviews and I wanted to pull them up, but they're they're very long winded in the uh the MSNBC reporter that was talking to mister Goldberg, if anybody wants to look it up, it there's videos galore. He's been making his rounds on all the big mainstream media news outlets talking about it. Essentially, there was and I forget who the other guy was, but JG. There is another head of a department with the initials JG. And they're thinking that Marco Rubio might have accidentally added this JG rather than the correct JG. He got added to the chat and didn't contribute anything to the conversation. He just sat in the background quietly and just whatever. They even asked for verification from everybody to like make sure that everything was on the up and up, and I guess decided to just continue on with the conversation even without all the verifications, but whatever, whatever. And they were talking about specific times and specific locations that would be struck in Yemen to attack Hoothy's. Now, mister Goldberg is not exactly a fan of the Hoothy rebels, so I mean, he didn't really say anything about it, and he also didn't know if this was more of a planning chat or if this was an execution style chat. And then when he saw certain strikes being made at the correct times and at the correct locations that were being discussed in this chat, that's when he realized, Okay, no, this is not a this is not a hypothetical conversation. This is a real planning chat that I just got added to. So he decided to publish it, not all of it, obviously, he did for national security reasons. He was he even said that he was going to be responsible and not release anything that was like yet to happen, but the attacks that did take place already, he felt comfortable releasing that information. And the big push right now is saying that this is just a gross incompetence from our current administration that they really didn't even make sure and verify that everybody in attendance was who they were supposed to be before they discussed some you know, clearly highly classified conversations. Right, this is a serious breach of OPSEC and that's something that we've heard a lot of people talk about in today as this whole thing is being brought to light. And while that's true, I mean, it's not like the houthies. Really we're gonna do anything with that information. Even if it did get released to them. They're not you know, they're not going nowhere. They're kind of locked in where they're at. But I digress. Anyway, Let's go ahead and read this article. It is from NBC, so take it with a grain of salt. I understand that it is going to probably just blast our current administration and all these things.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 1: Truth is the truth on this one, it says. The Atlantic on Wednesday published a transcript of text messages showing that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth detailed US military attack plans in Yemen in a Signal group chat that inadvertently included the magazine's editor in chief, Jeffrey Goldberg. In an article titled here are the attack plans that Trump advisors shared on Signal, Goldberg quoted from the text in which hex Seth sified types of US military aircrafts and the timing of recent air strikes against Huthy militias and Yemen. The text did not include information about specific targets. Uh. This is a direct quote from one of them, he says, Uh one two, one, five, et f eighteen's launch first strike package. One of the texts says, referring to a type of military aircraft, UH, thirteen forty five. Actually I believe those are times, So twelve to fifteen Eastern Standard time, thirteen forty five trigger based F eighteen first strike windows starts to target terrorist is at his known location, so should be on time. Also strike drones launch m Q nine's. So like this was an actual technical play by play of what they were about to do and why and all of this stuff. So I mean, A, I'm glad that the heads of state are communicating these things in that way. B. I'm not happy that an editor in chief of a traditionally very liberal news outlet was a part of this conversation. And see I'm not happy that they didn't verify all of the people. But neither hear nor there. Goldberg and Shane Harris, a national security and intelligence reporter at the Atlantic, published the latest article a day after President Donald Trump's administration tried to downplay the magazine's first report about the signal threat. Asked about the matter Tuesday, Trump said it wasn't classified information. Hex Set, speaking to reporters on Monday, said, in part nobody was texting war plans. That's a direct quote from him. As a matter of fact, he hex Seth has said that to a couple of different cameras that had been in his face, like nobody was texting war plans. It wasn't anything like that. This wasn't classified information. I understand you trying to save face, but you it's also very possible that you got caught slipping on this one. And I'm a fan of heg Seth. I am don't don't don't make it, you know, don't get it twisted like I'm over here trying to shit on him. I'm not. This was a little bit of a breach though. Somebody, somebody dropped the ball here. We can just be adults to acknowledge that. But the administration is doing that. If anything, they're doubling and tripling down on the fact that it's not what it looks like, which I guess you gotta say face where you can. On Wednesday, Trump was left less definitive. Asked by reporters in the Oval Office if he still believes nothing classified was shared, Trump responded, that's what I've heard. I don't know. I'm not sure. You have to ask the various people involved, I really don't know. Yeah. For the record, Trump was not a part of this group chat. Jd Vance was, but Trump himself was not. In a testimony at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday, National Intelligence Director Tulsa Gabbard and CIA Director John Ratcliffe both claimed no classified material was shared in the group chat. Ratcliffe said his communications in the Signal Message group were entirely permissible and lawful and did not include classified information. The intelligence officials both testified Tuesday that Hegseth was the quote original classifying authority on the chat. Goldberg and Harris wrote in the article published Wednesday that these statements by heg Seth, Gabbard, Ratcliffe, and Trump, combined with the assertions made by numerous administration officials that we are lying about the content of the signal text, have led us to believe that people should see the text in order to reach their own conclusions. So this is the other. This is one of the there's a picture right here. As a matter of fact, if anybody wants to see this again, it will be the video will be up on the Cajun Night on Patreon. But it says jd Vance was like what Mike Walls says, typing too fast. The first target their top missile guy. We had positive idea on him walking into his girlfriend's building and it's now collapsed. Jdvance responds, excellent. Mike Walls responded with a fist American flag fire p P pure. I like it. I like these things. But either way, there's a direct quote from Goldberg and Harris. There's a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisors included in non secure communication channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared. Information about the upcoming US military attack on an adversary is typically considered to be classified, according to at least four former national security and intelligence officials who had handled legal matters. The former officials did not know anything specific about the status of the information in the signal chat, but they said it would be difficult to imagine a scenario in which details of the military operations would not be treated as secret and damaging if disclosed. I tend to agree with that personally, but anyway, so that is the overall gist of it now, as I said, this did not detract or take away from the attacks that took place. They still want all without a hitch. The targets were hit and to the knowledge of everybody that you know, quote unquote matters or is in the know, the people that got attacked and were supposed to be hit got hit. Like it was very successful top to bottom here. And I do not know. I don't know if there was any civilian casualties that were hit as a you know, innocent biastandard to it. I don't know if it was a one hundred percent success rate or whatever the case was. But what we do know is that the top guys they wanted got got got So I'm taking that as a all around w However, it's gonna take a little bit of time to let this one blow over to save face, and for the love of God, they need to start verifying their their participants in the chat. But anyway, uh, let's see here, We're gonna some people in the chats have put in some things here. Let's see Raven says, how uh, Anthony says accidentally got added and leaked. I have to think it was an accident because there was another JG in God I wish I could remember the guy's name. But there was another JG that was supposed to be added to that chat. But like, bro, how do you how do you mistake the guy you're looking for with this dude, Jeffrey Goldberg. It might be it might be Tony. I think you might be onto something Jeffrey Goldberg. Maybe what position does he hold? I forget off the top of my head.
Speaker 6: But he's an editor at the Atlantic magazine.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, he But there is a JG that currently holds a seat of power in America right now. I'm not sure which department he's ahead of, or a director of or a secretary of something along those lines. But there was another JG that they were trying to add to the chat, and they accidentally added John Goldberg or jeff Goldberg where his name is? But yeah, that was a big misstep. And again this is I doubt that this was supposed to happen, like there was a quote unquote accident. I believe it actually really was a genuine accident, and thankfully it got corrected and thankfully it didn't get in the way of the attacks as they were supposed to happen. But my god, I mean talk about the one of the worst ideas is to have a reporter, and not just any reporter, a pretty well known, famous reporter added to your war plan chat that Uh yeah, I see that as a little bit of an oopsie daisy, you know what I mean. But anyway, Uh, let's see here. Uh, last time I heard of a fucking group chat. A few weeks ago, there was a Castralian Oh it is a castration in shit glad that Yeah. Yeah, Tulca Gabbard found out that big group chat with all of the members of the NSA. We're talking about how people in the of a post op trans setting, how they derived sexual pleasure without genitals anymore. And that was a whole thing that was in the news. So to my knowledge, everybody that was associated with that got fired like outright. And we haven't heard anything else about that as of yet. And now that Trump's cracking down all the DEI stuff, I doubt we're gonna hear anything else like that go down. But now we have to worry about military op sect in the group chat. That's because that's a that's a real thing that just happened, you know, and they're trying to downplay it as they would. It would be very easy for somebody just step up and be like they did. Uh, you know, not the Secretary of Defense. It was a Secretary of National Security came and took ownership of it and said, look, that's on me. I added him that was my bad thing, was Ratcliffe. And he's like that that was my mistake. And I do appreciate that. Give credit word's due, But you know you can't. You can't undo this one one hundred percent. It's gonna take a little bit of time to let this one blow over. I am happy that the Houthis are pretty much all but exterminated at this moment. Well, the Hoothi rebels, I should say, the ones that are trying to get in the way of trade in the area. From what I've been given to understand and what I've read in articles, they have been pretty much all but wiped out. Now I know that that's not a one hundred percent accurate statement, because it's an insurgency, and there's only one way to get rid of an insurgency, and it with mimocide. And we don't need that, right, we really don't need that. But it uh, you know, I'm glad to see that the hooties are probably not going to be making any and he plays towards touching America's boats again for a good long while. This makes me happy. Yeah, Zombie Raven says, no way, they fucked up this bad. Yeah, No, it's it's bad. It really was a big drop of the ball. It's not as bad as Killery and her emails. I agree, Killery and her emails and old Biden's son in his laptop. I would say it would be a way further breach of OPSEC and national security. I agree with that. However, as we are currently in active conflict with these people, I'm with this is the It's embarrassing. It is flat out embarrassing. Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The people think or speculate was confused for JG was Jamison Greer, who's an American trade representative. So that might have been what God heg sith confused or maybe he just confused JD for JG. So that's what people are speculating about. That's for the hoo Thies. I would speculate personally that they hold onto power because they've been in power for about ten years now, that Saudis were not able to get rid of them, and they control about half the country. I don't think we'll be able to get rid of them either. They're still launching suicide drones at Israel, which is like a thousand miles away, and some of them reached the target, but I think most of them get shot down, but they were just doing that earlier today.
Speaker 1: As long as they do ont touch American boats, that's my big issue with them. So I don't know. And like you said, they're currently in control of over half the country and it's an insurgency. The only way to get rid of them would be basically all out gin side, which is not a good look. Nobody needs that kind of thing on the repertoire, so I don't want that. But at least, if anything, if they were to start changing their tone a bit and go more towards the controlling Yemen's side instead of trying to control the sea trade side, we'd probably leave them alone.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is all about the trade. I liked jd Vance's take on the whole situation through the signal leaks because he was saying that only something like three percent of our trade goes through the Red Sea. The United States, but forty percent of Europe's trade goes through it. So he was asking everybody, what can we do to use this as leverage against the Europeans? What can we extract from them in exchange for opening up the sea lanes over there? And I'm okay with that. I figure if that, if this is all the way on the other side of the world, in the other hemisphere, that should be the responsibility of people over there, not ours.
Speaker 1: I fully agree. JD. Vance is taking a very a very oppositional stance to pretty much Europe as a whole that with some exceptions some countries, is a little more favorable towards, But yeah, he is not a fan of europe like at all. So if there's something that we could leverage against Europe to put ourselves in a better position over them, JD is on board with it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: He's been very vocal about that, especially in the past week and a half. It's a thing, It is a whole thing, which again, as we were talking about this tariff war that's going on here and which countries are actually gonna be playing a role in Ukraine, they all promised the world, but then none of them actually show up jd is he's on a motive right now, he's on a move. I support it, honestly. I like putting America first. I know it's a crazy concept, but uh, you know, I personally like that we have leaders that are putting America first. Let's see here, Raven says, good on they have all they have shit all over us over for over a decade. There's so many things they have said and pushed forward in to penalize America. Yeah, one hundred percent. One hundred percent. They penalized us and talked all kinds of shit on us for the twenty two years of war that we had going on in Iraq and Afghanistan, which fine, fine, I get it. Europeans weren't really a big fan of military American military intervention and they still aren't. And we were just having this conversation on the cults. As a matter of fact, It's like, you know, if, realistically, if Trump woke up tomorrow and decided that he wanted to in the conflict in Russia and Ukraine and in the conflict in Israel in Gaza, and he wanted to deploy troops there, and just that would be the end of it. Just hard line. Yeah, we could do that. That is a that is a physical thing that could happen. Nobody wants that. Nobody wants that. Americans don't want that, Europeans don't want that. And even if we did, even if these people were begging for us to come in there, the second US boots touched the ground, you're gonna have everybody and their mom come out to just point the fingers, say up. America is trying to be the world police American intervention. It's it's it's a no win situation. So I mean, it's it's not it's like a moot talking point. Now, who's touching our boats? Yeah? Yeah, no, we got time for that. We absolutely have time for that. But anyway, so that was all I wanted to bring up on that talking point. It's a uh, it's a whole thing. Hold on, we're even why would we do this when power is up for grabs? It is this is a chess game that has multiple pieces on the board, So that is strategic. Yeah, no, I agree, that's what I'm saying. It's is it possible for us to end this ship once and for all? Yeah? Will we? Nah, that's not our beef. It's not our fight. Why would we get involved with it? And I'm again thankful that we have an administration that seas that way. That's wonderful. Let other people deal with their problems. Once it becomes us problem, then we will intervene. But right now, no, that's a dumb problem. So I personally like this a lot. Tony says, we do it for Israel, not for Europe. Well, that's because of the long standing ties that America has with Israel. We are the thickest, the thickest of homies with Israel. And I know people have a lot of different opinions on that. I get it, all the things, all the stuff, but until further notice, America is you're going to be locked in, just locked in.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, that is the explanation. Because Trump doesn't like Europe either, not really like Israel.
Speaker 1: Trump does like Israel, and I don't know if he's really a fan of net and Yahoo like as a dude, I know they're they're cordial, they're friendly and everything else, but it's like, and that's the other part of geopolitics that are kind of crazy to watch play out. How much of it is actually like two heads of state being homeboys, And how much of it is the representative of Israel and the representative of America keeping up the alliances, of keeping the countries as homeboys, you know what I'm saying. Like there was a big thing with Russian collusion when Trump got elected the first time, they were trying to say that Putin and Trump were like actually secretly like really good friends, like they talk all the time on the phone. That's not true. But I could envision a world where Putin and Trump could also like get together and have a beer together and like two peas in a pod kind of thing. I could see a world where that's a true statement. But how much of it is keeping up the relations on behalf of your nation and how much of it is them hanging out with a friend of theirs. There's like a dance to be had here. There's a game to be played. I don't think that Trump and net and Yahoo are friends. I think that they are friendly on behalf of their nations, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I think they used to be personal friends. But then when Netton Yahoo recognized Joe Biden as the president elect right after the election in twenty twenty, I think Trump really soured on him. A lot of people noticed that Trump unfollowed Nettan Yahoo on Twitter that day, and he's had a few kind of negative comments about him since then, but they're tempered for sure, and Trump has always been As far as the partisan divide goes in Israel, the Net and Yahoo Lukud faction lines up more with Republicans, and the Ahood Barack faction lines up more with Democrats. And Jeffrey Epstein was more in the Ahood Barack faction, so that is another thing to be aware of. And Putin has also been sort of personally friendly with Net and Yahoo for many many years, and I think that relationship has also soured a little bit over the last five years or so, but I think it had helped them avoid all out war over Syria in twenty fifteen, So I would totally agree with you that these random interpersonal relationships do influence. It's a lot on the world stage.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that Net and Yahoo and Putin were like friendly in that regardless on a personal level, because Putin and the Ayatola have been really even I'm not going to say close, but as far as like on behalf of their nations. They have a very very good working relationship and have for a very long time. I didn't know that Putin was kind of friendly towards netanyago, though. It kind of makes sense when you think about it. The two big Russian bases for the Mediterranean Sea or in Syria right there to Israel's northern border, so it would make sense that you would want to keep the area and a relative state of peace. I know he was really tight friends with the Assad regime, so I mean, yeah, you could see and why they would keep it friendly on the southern side of that towards Israel too.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, I think Putin used to be friendlier with the NET and Yahoo, and the relationship has gotten worse and worse over the years. But Putin's been in power in Russia since nineteen ninety nine, with only very brief four years pause around twenty ten. But yeah, Russia has been very friendly and Russia has been a strategic enemy of Israel for a very long time, with very few exceptions except for you know, the late forties, and you know, they've supported Syria, Egypt. They put their military assets in Egypt during the nineteen sixties and seventies. They built AK forty seven factories through the Arab world. But Russia, the Russian government does not wear its feelings on its sleeves as much as the Iranian and Arab governments do regarding Israel.
Speaker 1: So very true, very true, And I don't think Putin actually has any kind of Most of the Arabic countries have a a real systemic dog in the fight against Israel. I don't think Russia really has a dog in that fight. And like you said in the in the forties, I mean, and yes, is I know this is gonna sound anti Semitic as hell here, but yeah, Russia we had some pogroms where they were very unkind to the Jewish population. So once Israel became a nation, they were like, send all of them there, what's up. They were cool with Israel because it was getting rid of their Jewish quote unquote Jewish problem. So yeah, I could see them being friendly with them, at least in the beginning. But as the Cold War pressed on and as the lines got divided with which Arab nations were friendly with Russia versus friendly with capitalist nations and NATO, it, yeah, I could see how things would sour these days. Though, Yeah, I don't think that he really has. I think you're right the situation between Putin and net and Yahoo has probably soured on a personal level, but on behalf of each country. It's not like Russia's sending fighters into Israel or Gaza. They don't care, but they will definitely sell Iran some weapons or you know, I could see that one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: By the way, the programs from hundred years ago, they all took place in what is now Ukraine, and I believe Belarus, what is Russia today, did not have any of them because most of the Jews lived in the former Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth. I think this gets into the weeds, but I find it kind of ironic that Israel's on Ukraine's side now, even though that's where pretty much all the pugromes happened one hundred plus years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Times changed things, you know, they really really do. And I know Putin's been on this whole Denazification push that that's been as big kick this whole time. But at the time, you're right, these places were a part of the Soviet Union, so it was like the Royal the Royal Quotations of Russia proper so to speak. So I mean we, like you said, it's getting into the weeds a bit. But yeah, yeah, these days, especially the Poles and opinions have changed a bit. Go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 8: The only thing I was going to suggest is a possible reason for Israel, not necessarily my Ukraine, is that there were actually a lot of acidic masters in Ukraine throughout the seventeenth eighteenth century.
Speaker 9: So like there there are there's a famous robbi named Rabbi Nelson of wrestler where that whole wrestler movement comes from, and that is in Ukraine, and like every single year they're like literally thousands, like tens of thousands.
Speaker 5: Of people that go visit the grave site.
Speaker 8: Of Reminessen in in Uman.
Speaker 5: So you know that could also make sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not know that, And I mean that makes sense as far as the Oshkenazi movement goes. I mean, they settled a big portion that went to Germany, a big portion that went to Poland. But I'm I mean, we're talking about Ukraine and Belarus and all that right there, the Lithuanian Commonwealth, like that's all that's all Central and Northern European connected, So that makes sense that they would have a fairly large Jewish population there for sure in the fifteenth and sixteenth century, like you just said, that was kind of when they really set down roots in that section of Europe too, if I'm not mistaken, right, So.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there are definitely some very famous rabbis that have come out of there, Like the Lithuanians are like a huge sect in and of them and of themselves nice like you have. There's thirty thousand people, forty thousand people on Russia Shana and various other times like they will specifically go there. And I think the Balshamptov also was, who was basically one of the founding fathers of a sidem in general.
Speaker 5: I believe his greave site is also in Ukraine.
Speaker 8: So there's definitely a lot historically, at least farm the more religious ends of the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, let's not forget in Zelensky Jewish himself.
Speaker 5: I think I heard, I mean I have heard that, yes, right, And I.
Speaker 1: Know Putin's all about the denotification as he's attacking a Jewish head of state, but you know, yeah, that's a whole other thing. But you know, while we're on the topic, of Russia. Before we talk about this CBS thing here, I wanted to bring this one up. This is kind of interesting, and I don't think that there's really much weight to be put behind this, I know, but I also think it's interesting that this is happening again. Russia's commander doubles down on Putin's coup and calls as security elites turn against the Kremlin. Now, this is from the Express. It's a UK publication, but let's talk about it here. A Russian private military company a PMC told the Express that their commander stands by his overthrow Vladimir Putin. Greg gory Zakravinsky think I nailed that. One is the founder of the Paladin PMC, and the Paladin PMC is a pretty well known one as far as Russian military contractors are concerned. They are not nearly as big as the Wagner group once was, but they are one of them. It says many military shadow groups like the former Wagner group that are linked to the Krimlin. Now, to give everybody a little bit of perspective here, the Wagner force was I think twenty or thirty thousand strong just a couple of years ago before their leader tried to really launch a coup on Moscow and got shut down, and the guy died in a freak plane accident, as one would expect when you try to take down the leader of Russia. But whatever, Now, the Paladin Group, I think I read somewhere that they have maybe one to two thousand strong, So they are not a big player by any means, but they are one of the more well known PMCs of Russia. Their reach is pretty far. They've been, you know, showcased in a couple of conflict areas of Russia, a couple of places in Africa, the Middle East. The military commander launched a blistering attack on the Russian president during a video recording in which he blamed all the military failures in Ukraine on Putin. Personally, I personally think that's a bit misguided, you know. It's not like Putin is one of the generals making the calls for which places to attack. But I don't know, I don't know how hands on our boy Putin it actually is with what goes down on the front lines, or is he more of the guy in the armchair and the generals are more that I don't know. I don't know, but you know either way. He also went on to accuse Putin of causing all of Russia's economic and social ills, and he urged the military to rise up and free the country from the tyrants rule. As previously reported by The Express, Zekravinsky's attack was published in a short edited video clip on social media channels in August. This is the guy in question right here, and this is this and a clip. There's just a screenshot of it. I tried finding the video itself. They did have it translated into English. You could understand exactly what he was saying. This was a scathing clip of him just shitting all over putin top to bottom and basically telling everybody to turn against him. At this time, the video is been scrubbed all the sources where I found it from earlier today. As a matter of fact, I can't find the video again. I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I can't find it. I had like three different sources that I had pulled up, and when I went back to send it to my computer, they're gone. They're white, I know. Shocker. When asked by The Express to elaborate on the commander's criticisms. A Spokesposton spokesperson excuse me for the militias, initially denied the leader had criticized Putin or urged his removal. They claimed the video clip had been maliciously deck doctored and edited to convey that impression. However, when pressed on whether zev Kravinsky had complete faith in Putin's domestic policies the leadership of the war in Ukraine, they failed to give a clear endorsement, telling The Express to draw your own conclusions. Subsequently, a spokesperson told The Express in a further email that the original article on their leader's criticisms had correctly reflected his views. So we're already getting conflicting reports of well, what was said, what was actually intended? All of these things they wrote, you did not invent anything, did not exaggerate or minimize, did not improve or worsen the image of our leader. Zakravisky's outburst is indicative of a growing dissatisfaction among security yeah security elits with Putin, according to professor Mark Galaghdi from the Russi think Tank. He told The Express that there was increasingly fragmentation with Russia's security apparatus. And that Putin could no longer count on their unconditional support. He noted that this fragmentation was also clearly visible during the last year's Wagner mutiny, when the National Guard troops, Yeah, national Guard troops stayed in their barracks and their commanders remained deliberately out of contact so as not to have carry out the orders. I'm not suggesting we're going to see a mercenary coup because if nothing else, the mercenaries themselves are divided, they're not really political, and they're not under type control. So I'm not going to read the rest of this article. But this is the guy who tried to lead the coup last time and then got got all right, that was pregosion. But long story short, this guy is calling for an all out coup against Putin at this time. I wouldn't be surprised if he also gets got in that regard. Really and truly this is it's not a good look, but it's a small PMC. And if small by comparison anyway, and if even if every single one of his contractors decided to like march on Moscow right now, they are not gonna get far. Hel Wagner couldn't even get far. And they actually redirected whole battalions of troops to Moscow for that purpose and they got stopped. This isn't gonna happen. I think that he is upset. I think he's very aggravated, and I also think that Putin is starting to feel some pressure. I just saw another and there's another clip that I could not find. Again. He gave a national address, as he does every year to Russia, and in this address he had opened up a little bit of the floor for some questions, and there was one of the biggest oligarchs in Russia. And I'm not saying oligarch has like a negative connotation. That's how the politics go in Russia. It's okay, we have oligarchs in America too. Not thrown shade on that. This man stood up and basically went on to say, you know you're too week. Military operation has gone on three years. We are bastardized by the entire world. Our economy is on the brink of collapse. We are out producing NATO four to one in munitions, but our people are starving, and we are questioning your leadership abilities at this time, do you genuinely believe that you are making the right move on behalf of the Russian people. Now, when I heard this, I'm thinking that maybe maybe the translation was wrong, right, because it was a Russian to English translation. I'm thinking, all right, maybe maybe they did that just for the article, right, just for the just for the while and shock and all factor for Western media. And I get that right. I plugged it into a translator later on. This happened. I saw it first thing this morning, and actually had some time this morning while I was doing some laundry, and I plugged into a translator. What I just gave you wasn't a word for word or batim of what was said. It's kind of the keynotes. Putin, of course, defended his title and said, yes, I do believe this, and this is why and these things and these things. My point is, though the Russian oligarchs are starting to seriously question Putin's leadership abilities. Now, I believe that guy himself will probably get god here in the next week for publicly and nationally coming at Putin in that manner and on that kind of platform that was on national television live. It's a bold strategy. Cotton. I do not think it's gonna work out for him, but either way it goes. We have PMC guys that are saying that we need to have a coup in Russia. We have oligarchs that are questioning Putin's like entire motives, his entire leadership capabilities. And then we also have this situation. Now Moscow was just getting lit up a few days ago. As a matter of fact, Ukraine launched this insane drone attack. Now I'm not saying that the entirety of Moscow got pummeled to the ground, of course, not some very key critical infrastructure, some petroleum based plants, some storage facilities, some government buildings, all got hit with basically the equivalent of like a bunker buster, this type of missile. And they got hit by these drone attacks from Ukraine right after the ceasefire agreement was denied by Putin. And so now as Ukraine is losing ground and Cursk, I think they have very little, if any land under their control in the cursed region as we speak now Belgarod, and that it depends on the report you read on this, Okay, some reports are saying that Ukraine holds no ground in Belgarod and there was no actual land attack and it was all just drones. Then we have other reports showing that Belgarod is now not under Ukrainian control, but they have now taken land inside of mainland Russia in the Belgarod region. Now this is an ap article. I know they are extremely liberal leaning, which is why I think we need to kind of look at it with that type of lens to see what they are saying as far as this attack goes. This was published today. As a matter of fact, Russia's Belgarod region is under attack from Ukraine? Why does it keep getting targeted? What is the Belgarod region? Actually? That's read this part. Russian's Belgard region has come under increasing Ukrainian attacks this month as the invasion by Moscow grinds into its third year. A look at the region and its role in the war. The Belgarod region itself, the region of forests, farmlands and rolling hills, has a five hundred and forty kilometer border along Ukraine's northeastern edge. It has an area of over twenty seven thousand square kilometers and has a population of about one point five million. It holds about forty percent of Russia's iron ore and other minerals and is home to several major industrial companies and farms. The city of Belgarod, the provincial capital with a population of about three hundred and forty thousand, since only forty kilometers east of the border, making it an easy target for Ukrainian artillery. So what has the region faced up until this point? The region was one staging a ground for the invasion by Russia in February twenty twenty two. It has come under regular Ukrainian attacks ever since. Russian forces retreated there from the northeastern Ukraine early in the war under the brunt of the counter offensive Baikiev. An attack on the city of Belgrade on December thirtieth marked a bloody escalation. A barrage of rockets struck on a holiday weekend as residents celebrated the new year. Officials said twenty five people were killed, including five children, and over one hundred were injured. The bloodshed also forced officials to cancel celebrations for the Orthodox feast of Epiphany on January nineteenth. Regular rocket and drone strikes have continued since then, and the area can be struck by relatively simple and mobile weapons such as multiple rocket launchers from forests on the Ukrainian side down to this part here. So what is Putin's reaction? The cross border shelling and incursions took place? As Putin has cemented his grip on power for another six years in a highly orchestrated election this month that followed a sweeping crack down on dissent. Putin says the attacks are an attempt to scare residents and quote, I'm sure that our people, the people of Russia, will respond to that with even greater cohesion. He said last week. He vows of the Ukrainian cross border attacks won't go unpunish, unpunished. Jesus venting particular angered at pro Kiev Russians who joined Ukrainian troops in the incursions, describing them as traders who will face imminent death. So we have pro Kiev Russians who joined the Ukrainian troops in the incursion. That's interesting. I think we already know how the Belgrade officials have responded. Yeah, no doubt, of course, ep No, I'm not going to donate to you focks. What do Ukrainian officials say? Ukrainian officials rarely comment on attacks inside of Russia, but they emphasized Kiev's right to use all means to counter Moscow's aggression. Ukrainian Foreign Minister not gonna pronounce that name said Tuesday that any military action there was the direct consequence of the illegal and unprovoked aggression of Russia against Ukrainia. Yeah, yeah, okay. So I've seen reports saying that there is absolutely boots on the ground in that area as we speak. I've seen other reports saying that it is kind of being blown out of proportion and it was just a series of drone strikes and it's not as serious as they're trying to make it out to be. Either way it goes, it's not looking really good as far as things go in Russia every time, like for instance, the Curse region, I saw them taking that land back as a positive for Russia. Good for them, they defended their territory, all these things. Yeah, they had to use North Korean troops and all these things. Yeah, yea, I'll find but at least they got their land back, and that meant that Ukraine lost their bargaining ship that they were trying to use as leverage in a ceasefire agreement. If this Belgarod, the situation is what some reports are saying. They may be trying to get another bargaining chit. Then we could also think about it this way, these attacks in Belgard. I don't believe the Ukraine's actually trying to take any land in this area, just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob and not being some sort of a military tactician by anyway, What I think is probably happening is they are attacking this area as a way to divert more troops and more resources to Bellgarod to try to relieve some of the other areas that they're fighting on right now. Russia only has so many troops to go around, right just like Ukraine only has so many troops to go around. I think that they are trying to hard point this offensive right now as a diversion. I could be so wrong here, but it kind of is playing out that way, and at least it reads that way on the on the chalkboard to me, I don't know, I could be go ahead, I.
Speaker 3: Totally agree with you. This actually reminds me a lot of how the Germans lashed out with V one and V two rockets towards again to World War Two, because they couldn't muster any manpower to invade England at that point that was out of the question, right, But yeah, he was in a similar situation. I also wanted to comment about Zakrivsky. I've never heard of Georghi Zakrevsky before, and I googled him. I searched for him on telegram on Google. The first results I was getting was from somebody with the same name two hundred years ago. So, I mean, he is really small potatoes compared to Pregojing, who was really famous and thought that he could pull it off because he was so famous and so well loved. And when I was following the Russian telegrams really closely for the first year of the war, most of it was very, very very pro Pregosian until the mutiny and then then suddenly public opinion didn't know what to do. But then it kind of turned against him right right at that point, because everyone, you know, just chooses the side of the winner, and Putin won that pretty quickly. Yeah, I'm sorry for all the noise here in the background, So.
Speaker 1: Are you fine? No, But I agree with you. Progosion was well liked and well, we're infected him and Putin were home boys on a very personal level. They were friends, and Progosion was the leader of the largest PMC that Russia had to offer. Now, this Gorge Kravitsky guy, you probably haven't heard of him, but you probably heard of the Paladin PMC. And that's a that's a big probably on that one. I don't know. I know of it because I pay attention to like PMC movements as well. It's not something that most people have heard of, Like I mean, how America's got hundreds of private military contractors that no one's ever heard of, but you've heard of like Blackwater and Triple Canopy and the you know what I mean. It's there's some there's some leeway on that one. Wagner was one of the ones that everybody's heard of. Paladin not really.
Speaker 3: I mean, now, I hadn't heard of them and I googled them and all the results are from no later than September last year. So maybe they've renamed themselves since then. Certainly that guy speaking up against Putin must have shaken things up so much. They're probably not under the same name anymore. And I'd never heard of them before. So that's just my two cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also, this guy, he's trying to really come up against Putin at this point in time, while he's under fire from I mean figuravely and literally. I don't think that's a smooth move. I don't think it's a very smart move. Moscow getting bombed is also not a good look on Putin himself. Now, I'm sure that this will be a bit of a rallying cry and re Actually it might go against Ukraine to attack them in that way, because now they might actually gain more Russian support for the military offensive. It's very possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's hard to know how that'll go.
Speaker 3: But with Asad for example as an example, with Damascus getting missiles and bombs once or twice a week for like five or ten years straight, I think eventually even people who supported him just got tired of it and said, why are we supporting this guy if he can't defend us from that? Yeah, and you know, maybe HTS will relieve the sanctions, so whatever, screw it, let's I think that's why I saw'd lost support. But I think Putin is very far away from an outcome like that. I think he's gonna hold on. I think Russia is gonna win this. It is taking a lot longer than I expected, but they're just they're going slow, and I think they'll win. If I if I had to put money on what's going to happen, I think Putin retains power until he steps down from old age. I think the Olige Arks will still support Russian Unity Party. I think Russia will get new borders with Ukraine and they'll basically win like ninety percent of what they want. That's my bet if I had to put money on it.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why he backed away from the ceasefire agreement. Now they did. They did recently make a ceasefire agreement for the Black Sea that Ukraine and Russia kind of agreed for a minute there that the Black Sea was gonna be an all free zone. No, nobody's gonna be shooting at each other there because they both want trade to resume in some way, shape or forming. The Black seas kind of a big in for that one. But I don't even know if that's going to stand, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Exactly, yeah, I mean either. But if I had to put money down, I think it actually will. I think this war is reaching its natural end. So I'm on record now saying I'm betting this Grain or Black Sea deal will hold.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, you know what, Tony, I want to ask you, just you with your opinion, one hundred percent opinion here, if you had to guess, just full hypothetical guessing here of when you think a true ceasefire will be reached. I don't want to say a peace agreement, because I don't think that's even a proper term for it at this point, honestly, But whenever the fighting will actually stop for more than a couple of hours at a time, because it seems like that's just not happening currently. But when they finally will decide it's over. How much longer do you think we got on.
Speaker 6: This good question? Let me just say twelve months March of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: March of twenty Okay, that's not a bad yes, that's not a bad guess at all. Honestly, I was hoping you weren't gonna say, like sometime in the next like four months or something. I don't know, but I could see another another year of it for sure, But I guess it all depends. I know, it's really hard to hypothetical something like this, because let's say Ukraine does take some sort of chunk of Russia, then they got a real leverage. Let's say Russia drafts so many more people into their ranks and just full frontal blitzkreags it and then they take half of Ukraine. Who knows what's gonna happen in the next six months, but I think March by next year could be a could be a realistic endpoint for it. I would hope, I optimistically, that we could see some sort of an agreement come before the end of this year. I'm not saying that's probable. I'm saying it's possible. So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's possible, and I'm hoping for that too.
Speaker 3: But it's gone way longer than I thought it, and I'm just saying another year.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, speculation, that's a pretty fair estimate, honestly. All right, So now moving on from the Russia conversation. Now, not Tony, excuse me, Royce actually sent this one and I think this is gonna be a fascinating one CBS News article here over and this was written March twenty second of this year. Over thirty thousand turnout for Bernie Sanders AOC rally in Denver amid push for progressive change. Okay, wait a minute, hold on, hold on, Before I even read this, Bernie Sanders is from Vermont. AOC is from like Illinois, isn't she? Why do we have people showing up in Denver for Okay, sure, let's just better patter. Let's get at her, I guess. An estimated thirty four thousand people gathered Friday evening at Civic Center Park in Denver to hear Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont and represent and of AOC of New York in New York now Illinois, excuse me push a number of progressive policies. Just hours later, they spoke before a crowd of about eleven thousand at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley. The two stops for the progressive leaders in Colorado were part of what they dubbed the quote unquote fighting Oligarchy Tour. Before I even continue reading more, Bernie Sanders is a loud and proud self proclaimed socialist. The fact that he is against oligarchs, as he calls himself a socialist, is one of the biggest feats of irony I think I've ever heard of in my life. The only way socialism and communism works is if there's oligarchs like that's okay, okay, we're just going We're just go push on here, go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 8: So just a couple quick things. First of all, I think one of the reasons why they were rowing, or why they chose Colorado for this one, is because the pushback that Colorado and Denver had with the whole migrants thing. You remember what I said you a couple of months ago that like people were protesting, you know, we don't want our we want these guys to remember. Yeah, So I think because of that pushback, that's one thing. Second of all, I think there are people that don't do their own research, and they listen to the mainstream media that says Trump is bad. And then whenever you have these politicians that are echoing that thought. And then you have like AOC who you know, the Democrats might look at, all, right, well, she's a pretty face, and you know she seems like she's charismatic, and you.
Speaker 5: Know she cares about the people. Look what's going on.
Speaker 8: I don't want to say they're using her kind of as a martyr es but it seems like they're kind of using her as a rallying point. And then you have Bernie Sanders who goes, oh, you know he's he is the old grandpa figure, but he's like in this in the same maybe a rage ish of Trump while being completely opposite and far as demeanor. Tell me how many people actually look at policies nowadays for people and what they actually stand for. It's oh, it's AOC is this or Bernie Standers? Is that, Kamala Harris is this? Very little do they actually stand for stuff? And even with that saying, they don't seem to even want to put their policies out there. How many times was Kamlarius asked about her policies. She's like, oh, we'll just rid website. And the website didn't have Jack on it, right, So they're all about like the whole feeling, you know, feel good, et cetera. It has very little to do with actual policies. And you know, it's very it's not what our policies are. It's oh, we are anti Trump, we are anti this, anti that, right one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I mean both of them AOC and Sanders are all about taxing the rich. That is their big thing that they can always tried and true. They're gonna come back to this. Bernie owns like nine houses in AOC in a matter of like six years, when from being worth a few thousand to a few million dollars. The fact, I don't understand. I don't understand their supporters or their constituents, or whatever fancy word you want to call their brainwashed lackeys. I don't understand why they follow them to the level and to the degree that they do. And not just those too, but I mean they're the ones that are being currently discussed. But it just it makes no sense to me that people blindly follow and I know we use the term sheeple from time to time, but like, I don't even know a better word to describe their followers. It's insane. But all right, let's oh, let's read on here. And you know, the migrants had to be up part of it, because that's a whole talking point of the left. It goes on to say they want to know if the people of America are going to stand up to Trump's trump ism archy. Uh yeah, stand up toism and oligarchy. Sanders said to cheering crowds. Yeah, that's it's crazy to me. He's oh my god. Okay.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The tour is part of an effort by Sanders and AOC to push back against President Trump and the influence that they say billionaires have had on our American politics. Musk is not our Congress act lawfully, act lawfully, not awfully, said Nancy Larson, a rally attendee who feels the federal government is prioritizing corporate interests over ordinary Americans. I feel like they're prioritizing illegal immigrants over ordinary Americans, or at least they have for the past administration, but neither hand with them. Uh, she says, Uh. I feel like we're in a land of reverse robin Hood situation right now, a kind of reverse Robinhood situation right now where we're taking from the poor and disadvantage and giving more money to the rich. I don't know what she's looking at as far as that's concerned, but okay. Thousands of attendees echo concerns that the government is increasingly influenced by billionaires and large corporations. Well, I mean shocker. You know, parents of Girl Scouts, Nina and Indy said they viewed the rally as an educational opportunity. We like them to be aware of what's happening in the world. Their mother, Jennifer Walter said, Their mother, Jennifer, Oh, oh, okay. I see they're saying that's a that's a daughter, and that's a okay. I got you all right. Moving on, the crowd also cheered for union leaders representing construction, grocery and education workers as attendees' voice frustration over economic inequality. Republicans, Democrats, all Americans are feeling this, said Chris Martinez, who attended the rally. Attendees from earlier rally in Greeley also expressed dissatisfaction with both major political parties. AOC also emphasized that their fight is not just against Republicans, urging Democrats to push harder for progressive policies. Some Republicans in Colorado criticized AOC and Sanders in their message. Congressman Evans is fighting to lower costs, safer communities, and making the American dream possible for all Colorados, the spokeswoman for Republican Representative Gabe Evans, whose district includes Greeley, said to the Statesman this common sense approach stands and start contrast to AOC and Bernie Sanders extreme anti oil gas rhetoric. Yeah, they're also really against American oil an American natural gas, which I think is a whole other level of retarded. To be honest with you, we should be using our own resources rather than buying the resources from other nations. If anything, that would put America in a much better position. I don't understand why the left is so anti that, except for the fact that they're big with the globalism thing, Like they really just want that they want America to be equal to all other countries. I would like to live in a world where America is running the fucking house to other countries. You know, that's just me. It goes on to say, if Democrats want to bring a couple of avowed socialists to Weld County to talk about their Green New Deal scams that will crush Colorado oil and gas jobs, I say go for it. Republican Representative Lauren Bobert said in a statement the contrast between them and Republicans like Gabe Evans, who will stand up for energy producers, law enforcement officers, and small business owners, couldn't be clearer. Yeah, I agree with that. I agree with that. AOC and Sanders said they'll continue advocating for a nation where all Americans can thrive. The world is watching, Sanders said, yeah, the world is watching. The world is watching. You make a complete ass yourself, old man, it's time to go to the house, you know. It's it's it's funny to me personally to see it go to this level. Honestly, it's like Bernie Sanders has been irrelevant for a little while now. Ever since he lost out to Killery for the nomination or what ever, since they stole the nomination from him and gave it to Killery, he's kind of been relegated to like the backburner. He comes around, he says some talking points, and people seem to like him, even though they don't really understand the math of what he's saying. Socialism is a very dangerous ideology. Communism isn't even more dangerous ideology. AOC has also claimed that she herself is a democratic socialist, which is a socialism but instead of a you get to elect your slave owner. Essentially, that's the difference between a democratic socialist and a regular socialist. But yeah, the fact that they're going to Colorado to try to spit that rhetoric. Good luck, dude. I think I know Colorado is traditionally correct me if I'm wrong here. Colorado traditionally is a blue state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, coracked Denver.
Speaker 1: That's because of Denver and Aspen in the big cities. The majority of the state is red. But the big cities kind of make this way happen. Did they go blue in the last election, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, so maybe that's why they they're going where they know they'll have a good talking point. You notice you don't see Sanders come to Texas to have a big rally. I wonder why that might.
Speaker 8: I mean, how many blue states are there now?
Speaker 5: They don't really have so many options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not anymore, even the swing states. Trump won every single one of the swing states that mattered. So it's like, and I mean those are still swing states. They can swing back the next direction in the next election. But I really have a hard time envisioning a world where that's going to take place, especially now that you see what's happened with Doge, Now that you see what's happened with the government corruption being brought to light, now that the Epstein list is allegedly about to be released. We'll talk about that here in a moment. I just have a hard time believing that if the Democrats can't pull off something drastic right now. Now I don't mean today, I mean like in the next election, if they cannot put up somebody who is generally likable and also not a sociopath, like doesn't identify with the crazy far far leanings of the left, if they can find somebody who's left of center and generally likable and has to be more likable than whoever the Republicans put up, I have a hard time seeing a Democrat ever winning an election in this country, or at least not for the next few decades. Because the entire Obama administration screwed the country. We had a brief reprieve from that, and then the Biden administration screwed the country even more. I just have a hard time believing that these people in these swing states are gonna allow that to take place again, unless unless Trump just does something so egregious that it ruins it for the entire Republican party. But at this point, he stands by his rhetoric, like he if he says something he does it, and he's he's the taflon Don. Nothing sticks to him. He just does it and everybody loves him for it. So I just have a hard time seeing it. I don't know anyway. All right, let's get to the chat here. Alex sent hungover. Alex sent a picture of a very angry cat. Very angry cat. Okay, Bernie and AOC are fucking brainless? Retard is a good thing to call them? Yeah, No, I agree, I agree, yes, indeed. All right, So before we go on to the next thing, does anybody have anything else they would like to add into the conversation at this time? Chilling? All right, dope. Well, then let's go ahead and share the screen again this one. As we're talking about the government corruption, as we're talking about the things that are being brought to light these days. Boy oh boy, Doze just keeps on finding the wild things and bringing it to light, don't they. Children allegedly scored millions in small business administration loans. Yeah. I heard a brief little thing about this. I didn't know to what level it was. I heard something about over three hundred million dollars have been given in small business loans to people under eleven years old.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I heard that, didn't know how true it was? My god, is it true? A nine month old was given a one hundred thousand dollars loan. Yeah, tax dollars. Let's get into it, shall we. This was published March twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Either children are getting a major head start on their careers or something fishy is going on at the Small Business Administration. According to the Department of Government Efficiency aka DOGE. Elon Musk and his team at DOJE have already exposed how millions and even billions of taxpayer dollars have been siphoned off to bankroll LGBT agendas, abortion advocacy, diversity, equality and inclusion initiatives. But doje's latest find is a real head scratcher. Over three hundred million in SBA loans have been handed out to children under eleven years old. This direct quote, as a matter of fact from Musk. A case of fraud was with the SBA where they were handing out loans three hundred and thirty million dollars worth of loans to people under the age of eleven. He said this during a cabinet meeting on Monday. I think the youngest was a nine month old who got a one hundred thousand dollars loan. That's a very precocious baby we're talking about here. How a nine month old security one hundred thousand dollars loan without race red flags until now remains mysterious, doesn't it? Just those one of those great mysteries that might get answered, who knows, But those as new rules aims to stop it from happening going forward. In a post on x Doze wrote that from now on, the SBA would require data birth collection for all direct loan applications and pause the direct loan process for those under eighteen and above one hundred and twenty years old. Well, I'm glad we're at least putting a left and right lateral limit on that. You know, with all those people getting Social Security checks that are over two hundred years old and all that, you know, it's a wild time, y'all. Anyway, basic sanity checks like these are initial steps towards minimizing fraud and the government paid payment programs. The Department wrote, the news comes after dose already discovered millions of people over the age of one hundred and twenty still marked as alive in the Social Security database. In fact, earlier today, the department posted on x for the past three weeks at Social Security has been executing a major cleanup of their records. Approximately seven million number holders, all listed aged one hundred and twenty plus, have now been marked as de ceased. Another five million to go, y'all there have been seven million and five million more on that. So we're talking about twelve million people who are no longer here that have been receiving Social Security checks. And this is why they say the Social Security is going to be bankrupt by the time we get to retirement age. Like I mean, don't get me wrong, I already thought it was going to anyway. I didn't realize it was because of this many people collecting checks that were, you know, dead. But yeah, okay. Uh. Musk emphasized on his own posts, no more loans to babies or people too old to be alive. Fox News reported in greater detail that nearly five thousand, six hundred loans were issued in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one while the world struggled with the COVID nineteen pandemic, and it is unclear what they were used for. Those had stated in response that while it's possible to have a business arrangement where this is legal, that is highly unlikely for these fifty six hundred loans, as they all also used a Social Security number with the incorrect name Oohkay shocker, that they were using fake numbers and fake names to get government loans that checks out, again, suggesting widespread identity fraud rather than a sudden boom in toddler entrepreneurs. President Donald Trump referred to this as nothing short of a pure fraud, adding we would like to use the words waste and abuse. According to Fox, Dose know that they are working alongside the SBA to solve this problem this week. In in addition to the SBA money waste, Dose continues to find waste within the US Department of Agriculture. In fact, also during Monday's cabinet meeting, USDA Secretary Brook Rawlins explained how they have canceled a three hundred thousand dollars contract educated contract educating on food justice for queer and transgender farmers in San Francisco. Bro What a similar contract we canceled in New York, again educating transgender and queer farmers on food justice and food equality. I'm not even sure what that means, but apparently the last administration wanted to put our taxpayer dollars towards that. Yo. I'm not saying that there's not LGBTQ plus two a question mark ELEMENTOP farmers out there. I'm sure there are. I'm sure they are in San Francisco. I have a hard time seeing it certain parts of New York maybe, But why, what is is what kind of educational material are you providing for food justice and equality?
Speaker 5: Food?
Speaker 1: Food justice and food equality? I didn't like, Yeah, okay, like you know, give me an example of that. Like, all right, so let's say you're like a cow farmer. You got you got heads of cattle? Cool? And do you think the cows care if the cow han that's doing the work on the farm identifies that the alphabet people are not Like I just I don't understand, Raven, Please help me out here.
Speaker 10: It's actually about food justice and equality is about when people will have the ability to be able to get access to seeds, plants have a location to grow food in having the community have enough diversity because there is actually equity in food. Because a popular thing that is well known is like if you go into a hood, you're going to find tons of gas stations and pretty much mini marts, and you will find hardly any places to buy fresh food, period And if it is there, it is actually increased in costs because it's better to put the liquor stores in the hood than it is to put a natural grocery store. And it's actually a form of discrimination, and there's a lot to it, especially in California. So when they talk about food justice, it's being able to have the same accessible products and education and stuff for LGBTQ plus community that isn't being hindered by the CIS gender population pretty much is what it's talking about.
Speaker 1: In that point. As far as like like for example, like you said, in certain inner city communities, right, you have liquor stores and fast food chains, but you don't have access to like really fresh produce. And I get that, right, I get the food justice and all of that with you. I was not. I was unaware that the LGBT alphabet people were facing food discrimination. I honestly did not know that.
Speaker 10: It's more or less the it's more or less the farming and agricultural aspect of it, because outside of San Francisco. You have knapp the valley and everything. And so if the majority of the land is owned by CIS people or straight leading people and they're shunning the LGBTQ plus group and or block access to them because of their sextual preference, that's what inherently those things are in place for. And because it's outside of San Francisco, it's going to be super liberal about giving a much like extra programs, extra funding, extra dot dot dot is pretty much what's in place with those type of programs for that marginalized community.
Speaker 1: I hear you, and I fully hear what you're saying. In San Francisco, being as liberal as it is, I understand that talking point as well. I just the alphabet people can't get access to decent farmland or produced beings.
Speaker 10: Not It's not that it's that it's a it's an equality measure that's been put into place. So it's not stating that they can't, it's ensuring that they can. So like if they are being discriminated for their sexual preference or their gender or whatever they identify as those type of policies are put into place to where they can't be discriminated against because of dot dot dot, so it allows them more accessibility to things if they would have been blocked because of their because of that. So all along the West Coast you have lots of policies like that and like extra funding and things like that too. I guess help in some way, but realistically I've never seen it in San Francisco. I mean, yes, they do have a lot of farmers that are of you know, the community that sell natural lake, that sell groceries and stuff. So it's just more or less it's instead of providing it for the marginalized groups that have been inherently impacted and have statistically been impacted, this is kind of like a boost up because they get more votes and stuff from that group, but they really should be looking. I mean, I'm not saying to take that from them. I'm just more or less saying that there is other groups that have been stigmatized and for a long time proven that they have been discriminated against.
Speaker 1: So I agree, most of the gay people I know are some of the cleanest eaters I know as well. That's I guess I'm missing the connection here. I agree that there are certain marginalized groups that like they need to get better food and better nutrition. I am completely missing how the Alphabet crew is a part of that marginalized group. I maybe I'm just maybe I'm just like got a horrible perspective on this one. I don't know, but okay, okay, fair enough, Tony Well.
Speaker 3: I grew up in the Sanford Cisco Bay Area from nineteen eighty eight to twenty twenty, and I would totally agree with you that it's a pretty gentrified area. And most of the time it was the more left leaning people who were more into eating whole foods and they were into the what is now make America Healthy Again ten or twenty years ago, when right wingers were more okay with I don't know, processed foods at that time. In my opinion, and personally, I don't think that gay people have been very discriminated against in the Bay Area in my lifetime. But I can totally understand why business owners would check that box to say, oh, yeah, I'm combating discrimination against you underprivileged communities so that I can get a loan at a better interest rate from the government than having to go to my bank. So I think that's all that's going on here. Yeah, the Bay Area there's not much agriculture, and especially around San Francisco, I guess it's getting very gentrified too in general. But pour neighborhoods I think, are the place where you would find more of these food deserts and inability.
Speaker 6: To access.
Speaker 3: Grocery stores as opposed to convenience stores. But then again, part of me thinks that that also comes down to individual choice too, So I don't know whether to blame the system or the individual on that front when I see.
Speaker 1: People by the look for sure, but I mean it's hard to argue whenever a slice of pizza costs you a dollar fifty, when a salad cost you four dollars. So mean, I see that as well. Even if it is available, they jack of the price is so high that only certain people can even afford to eat it, and especially in certain downtronic communities. I see the arguments. I absolutely do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also become an issue recently. You probably saw on Twitter last week conservative influencers saying that we shouldn't remove coke cola and pepsi from Snap benefits. I don't know if that came up already, but yeah, I'm all in favor of removing it because it's pretty cheap anyway, and if people want to buy it, you know they can do that.
Speaker 6: But what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Okay, knee jerk reaction. I agree that junk food should not be allowed to be bought with snap benefits and wick and these things. I agree. Right that being said, when we get into the business of deciding what foods can and cannot be bought with these things, there's going to be people at the top that are going to say it's only going to be beans and rice or rice and beans, and they're only going to go off of the subsistence foods, which we can agree to a certain level here, but also that's a whole other way of keeping the nutrition down. You see what I'm saying now, I'm not when you start doing blanket policies on shit like this, it never goes in a positive direction. So while I agree that we could restrict certain things, like nobody who's doing snap benefit should be buying steak and lobster like, I think we can at least acknowledge that much, But I also don't want them relegated to only buying the cheapest materials in the grocery store either. There's got to be a little bit of a balance here. You know, it's I don't know, I don't really have the answers for it. I agree with the overarching theme here, go ahead, Raven.
Speaker 10: There's when I lived in Colorado, the SNAP people that got food stamps and stuff, they actually had a program where if they bought healthy food, they would actually get a portion of return back to promote a healthy household. So they got like everything was every item was added up and they would get a portion of it and then you would get a little like kick back at the end of the month showing how much like healthy food that you bought. I think that's a really good way to support buying healthier food. I think it's really difficult for a lot of people in those circumstances that need to buy a massive amount of food. And it's challenging because you're talking like they want to buy chicken, but those, you know, instead of real chicken, chicken nuggets are so much cheaper and they can get more. And it's kind of like a weird situation of like, you know, you want to eat healthy, but also you can't afford it. Like the rest of everybody that's struggling. I like the kickback program, but I also think that like buying candy, buying pop, buying things like that shouldn't be allowed because statistically, if you look at the data, it shows that the majority, vast majority of people that are on some type of wick or or snap or something like that is overweight and struggling with obesity and health problems. And is that due to a cultural thing, is that due to the environment what they can and can't afford. Like, there's not enough data on that really to show truthfully what's causing it. I mean, we all have our bias and opinions on it, but realistically we don't know for certain what is causing it. But we do know that statistically it does show that a lot of people are struggling with being obese that are getting benefits. Though, I think that there should be some type of regulation and program put into place to try to help push towards healthier options for people.
Speaker 1: Now I didn't know that there was a kickback program in place. That's a brilliant idea as a matter of fact, and just let let the tips fall where they may. But then not most states, right, not in most states, But I could see a world where every state takes on a version of that one hundred percent. But then even still, then we get into the argument like, well, steak is healthy, why can't I use it to get steak? And it's like, okay, you see what. There's gonna be people that are trying to gain the system in any way they can, and you're gonna have that with every system, right, and you're gonna have somebody classify, well, what is considered quote unquote healthy. But look at the balloons. Apparently when you do this, that's how you get the balloons to come up out of nowhere. Y'all the air quotes that makes it happen. Who knew. But there's gonna be people trying to game the system, and I don't like that either, But that's the thing. When there's a blanket policy in place, there's always gonna be that area of grain those people trying to skirt it. I do think that every state doing like that, having a kickback program would be an excellent way to at least get the ball rolling in the right direction. But yes, also, Tony, to answer your point, I agree that uh, soft drinks and candy and overtly junk food items should absolutely not be allowed to be bought with these types of these types of government checks for sure, or ebt cards or whatever the case is, for sure. So anyway, Yeah, so as far as the business loans to children, that's that's a whole new thing. Now, three hundred and thirty million isn't that much in comparison to all the other wasteful spending that has been going on. But again, I feel like that's more of a symptom of the problem than the actual problem itself. Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got one other comment on this from about, you know, ninety years ago. My grandfather told me he grew up near a Capuchin monastery and they would this was in Bavaria, Germany. They would have a policy never to turn away a hungry baker, but if you ever asked them for food, they would give you a place, a piece of plain bread with no butter or anything on it, because the whole idea was, if you're really hungry, you'll be happy with this. Yeah, and you know, I know it's an old timey, you know, nostalgia story, but you know, I'm not advocating anything quite that's strict for people on snap sure, but there's got to be some understanding, you know, something along those lines.
Speaker 6: Anyway, That's all I got.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think there's something to be said for that, for sure, right. It's I've said this story before too. When I was stationed in d C. Right when I would go down to the little local seven eleven, there would be homeless people outside begging, and it was very rare that I would give them money. But usually with the seven eleven was across the street from the subway, and if these people were asking for food or for money or whatever, I would say, hey, look, I don't have any cash. Owing back out my card. If you want, I'll bring it over to the subway here and I'll get you a sandwich. Most of them would be grateful and they would go and they would get a sandwich. And I had no problems doing that. Of course, not somebody's hungry. I'm not going to turn them away. But there were a few that whenever you would do that and say, they'd be like, no, no, I need food, man, I need money, And it's like, well, I don't have that for you, and then they would start cussing you out, and it's like, well, I guess you really don't need it that badly Because I can't help you pay your rent tonight or buy your next hit of your addiction. I can make sure you don't starve today. But you're right one hundred percent. I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my grandpa and his friends being somewhat delinquent and you know, troublemakers, they would go and just ask for food, and the monks knew they were faking it, and they would just say, okay, okay, here's your slice of plain bread. Have fun with that. So discouraged too many kids from doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love it. I love it so Uh. Back to the small business loan thing, I had no idea that there was no age restrictions on business loans up until this point. And I guess it depends on the the loan officer and the bank itself for the credit union stuff or whatever the case may be. But even still government loans for small businesses over three hundred million dollars. That is ridiculous. But I'm also glad that it has been brought to light. Dose is still doing dose things, and it's bringing up more of this waste, fraud and abuse. And as we're talking about money going in these crazy locations and crazy directions. Let's take a little segue into what North Korea just did. This the biggest crypto heist in history, which I mean granted crypto hadn't been around that long, so I mean take that forward as forth. But one point five billion. Let's learn more.
Speaker 7: North Korea just stole one point five billion dollars of cryptocurrency in the largest crypto heist in history. Wait, North Korea, this hermit kingdom that looks like it's like stuck in the fifties.
Speaker 1: How did they do this?
Speaker 7: Well, the target was by Bit, this crypto trading platform which bolds billions of dollars worth of its customer's assets in a reserve. They routinely transferred some of this money from their reserve vault into the active exchange. But North Korean hackers used a sophisticated combination of malware fishing, credential theft, and a bunch of other techniques to quietly infiltrate the system. It allows them to hijack this process of transferring money from the reserves to the exchange and divert a ton of the cryptocurrency ethereum to their wallets, instantly, making North Korea one point five billion dollars richer so one nor Crea is kind of stuck in the past. They have an army of very sophisticated hackers, if you want to better understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, so North Korea is not just the hermit kingdom that's living in the Stone Age anymore. They have figured out some technology as far as how to do crypto heists. So let's go ahead and read this little article here. Ethereum, by the way, is not a small crypto coin. I don't know much about crypto. I am not somebody who deals in it. I don't own any of it. I don't really deal with it, right the same way I don't really deal with the stock exchange. I'm so notoriously bad at gambling that if I put any money into a coin or into a stock, it's almost a guarantee it's gonna tank. So I just don't mess with it personally. But there are a lot of people that have put a lot of their nest egg into crypto these days in North Korea, just through hacking, and apparently this is all able to be tracked through the blockchain, so they know for a fact that it was North Korea hackers who stole one point five billion and that's just gone. That is just off the market. They're not getting that money back, so who Let's learn more about it here how North Korea pulled off a one point five billion dollar crypto heist, the biggest in history. And again crypto, I've been around that long, so I mean how deep of a history we're talking. But neither here nor there. The cryptocurrency industry and those responsible for securing it are still in shock following Friday's heist, likely by North Korea, that drained one point five billion from Dubai based exchange by bit, making the theft by far the biggest ever in digital asset history. By Bit officially disclosed the theft of more than four hundred thousand ethereum and staked ethereum coins just hours after it. The notification said the digital loot had been stored in a mold yeah, mullstig cold wallet. For a second, I couldn't sell if that was an l or just a really weird looking tea. My eyes are going bad, ladies and gentlemen, I need to get glasses. Neither he nor there. Uh, it was stored in a cold wallet when somehow it was transferred to one of the exchange's hot wallets UH. From there, the cryptocurrency was transferred out of by bit altogether and into wallets controlled by the unknown attackers. This wallet is too hot, This one is too cold. Researchers for the blockchain analysis from oh jeeseus I gotta get close to this elliptic, among others, said over the weekend that the techniques and flow of the subsequent laundering of the funds bear the signature of threat actors working on behalf of North Korea. The revelation comes as a little surprise since the isolation nation isolated nation rather has long maintained a thriving cryptocurrency theft racket, in large part to pay for its weapons of mass destruction program UH. The coal wallets, also known as mulstig multi sig safes excuse me, are among the gold standard for securing large sums of cryptocurrency well obviously not obviously not. More shortly about how the threat actors cleared this tall hurdle. First, a little about coal wallets and multi sig coal wallets and how they secure cryptocurrency against theft wallets are accounts that use strong encryption to store bitcoin, ethereum, or any other form of cryptocurrency. These wallets are assigned to encryption key pair and encryption keypair. The public key servers serves as the wallet addresses, so others know how to find it, although some account holders opt to keep it private. The private portion of the key pair, meanwhile, is a long alphanumeric string required to move funds out of the wallets, transfers require hot wallets. These are accounts that are always connected to the Internet and store the private key. Over the past decade, hot wallets have been drained of digital digital coins, supposedly worth billions, if not trillions of dollars. Typically, these attacks have resulted from the thief somehow obtaining the private key and emptying the wallet before owners know that the key has been compromised. Given the vulnerability of hot wallets to theft, many account holders store the private keys offline so they are kept separate from the addresses. These coal wallets can store jeez, I Hate the Things moves because of an ad These coal wallets can store the offline private keys in different ways. The most secure practice is to secure the key in a special purpose piece of hardware, often in the form of a USB dongle. Dongle is that what they call a flash drive these days, okay, that will decrypt them only when certain authentication steps occur. Multi sig coal wallets go a step further, in much the same way that the nuclear arm systems are designed to require two or more authorized people to successfully authenticate themselves before a missile can be launched. Multi sig wallets need the digital signatures of two or more authorized people before assets can be accessed by bit was largely followed best practices by strong only as much currency as needed for day to day activity in warm and hot wallets and keeping the rest in a multiicig coal wallet. Transferring funds out of the coal wallet required coordinated approval from multi multiple high level employees of the exchange. Again apparently not immediate speculation was that somehow the drained coal wallets or the infrastructure hosting it provided by a company called Safe, had been somehow compromised. This theory was plausible enough, since these sorts of thefts are usually accomplished by exploring vulnerabilities in the code enforcing cryptocurrency smart contracts or the infrastructure hosting them. The speculation was also consistent with the accounts from bybit employees that according to Safe the user the user coal wallet interfaces for the affective by bit employees displayed the correct appearing transaction information, yet a malicious transaction that had all valid signatures was executed on chain. Safe also paused that safe wallet services following the attack, and this story went live on ours has begun a phased rollout to restore them. This theory was ruled out after a subsequent investigation by Safe found no signs of unauthorized access to its infrastructure, no compromises to other safe wallets, and no obvious vulnerabilities in the safe codebase. An investigator continued to dig in, they finally settled on the true cause. By Bit ultimately said that the fraudulent transaction was a manipulated by a sophisticated attack that altered the smart contract logic and massed the signing interface, enabling the attacker to gain case control of the etch cold wallet.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, shattering assumptions. Now. What that means is that the multiple systems inside by a bit had been hacked in a way that allowed the attackers to manipulate the safe wallet UI on the device of each person required to approve the transfer. That revelation, in turn, has touched off something of a Eureka moment for many in the industry. There's a quote here. The by bit hack has shattered long hailed assumptions about cryptosecurity, researchers at the security firm Checkpoint wrote on Sunday, no matter how strong your smart contact logic or multi sig protections are, the human element remains its weakest link. This attack proves that UI manipulation and social engineering can bypass even the most secure wallets. It's still unclear how the attackers managed to hack the UIs of multiple by bit employees whose signatures were required for the funds to be moved out of the cold storage, but as researchers Dan Guido, Benjamin Samuels and a Niche Nike Nick Whatever of security firm Trail of Bits noted, hackers working on behalf of the North Korean government have long deployed sophisticated malware tools that operate seamlessly across Windows, mac os, and various wallet interfaces, show minimal signs of compromises while maintaining persistence, function as back doors to executive arbitrary commands, download and execute additional malicious payloads, and manipulate what users see in their interfaces.
Speaker 10: WHOA.
Speaker 1: These hackers have also been long known for the relentless social engineering prowess. They often spend weeks or months building online personas that ultimately win the trust of targets. The persistence likely allowed the thieves who hit by bit to somehow tamper with the UIs of each company employee whose digital imprinture im premature sure was required to move the funds out of cold storage and ultimately into the wallets of the hackers controlled at all, all at breakneck speed. As both Checkpoint and Trailer Bits pointed out, the lessons learned here bring cryptocurrency security back to some of the most basic elements, such as segmenting internal networks, adopting defense in depth practices that include multiple overlapped in controls for detecting and preventing sophisticated attacks, and preparing for scenarios precisely like this one. WHOA. So essentially they went all the way through to Essentially, I might be misunderstanding here. They went as far as to show up with the correct identifiers as if they were the employees themselves and backdoored it that way to steal this. Wow. I didn't know North Korea was that that tech literate. You know, you wouldn't think so much as we see them falling on their faces with their like missile programs and stuff. But I guess missiles and crypto are not in the same ballpark. I get that, but like, wow, okay, well there you have it. North Korea absolutely just jacked one point five billion from a Dubai based cryptocurrency and there is nothing that can be done about this. Wait a minute, hold on, you know, I'm gonna go ahead and stop sharing for just a second so we can I'm gonna catch up on the check. There's been a few a few memes shared as well, so technically most of the first man to download files from the cloud using a tablet.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 1: I like that, Royce. Wat's see here all the guns I would buy with that much money? Yoh, no doubt. I briefly worked on a farm, but that was in Pa. This point is shut up, Alex. One of the painful signs of years of dumb down education is how many people are unable to make a coherent argument. They convent their emotions. Question other people's motives, make bold assertions, repeat slogans, anything except reason. Yeah, I gotta agree with that, Royce. Absolutely, my good buddy is currently working outside the border in North Korea. Oh, no doubt in the navy. Um, I can't tell what that picture is there, Alex Liberal Lou for sensitive assholes. Ha, that's funny. I do love the memes. And again, for anybody listening to this on the following day, if you would like to see these memes, I'm trying to read them. I'm not doing them justice. You should come and check us out on Patreon at the Cajun nightlink in the description below. I say again, Okay, so essentially no crypto is secure. I'm personally not shocked by this. I'm not a fan of crypto. Again, I gave my whole bias to that at the beginning of this, But yeah, North Korean hackers just stole what was Ethereum is a bigger coin if I'm not mistaken, and you would think that that would be relatively secure, and that's just gone now. I doubt that anybody is there even such a thing as crypto insurance, Like if some sort of a crypto theft happens. Is there any kind of safety net to where you can get some of your investment back or is that just gone to the wind? I feel like it's just gone right.
Speaker 5: Who knows? But did they try to steal from everybody? Or was it who did they steal it from? Like which individual?
Speaker 1: I don't think it was a one individual. They stole four hundred thousand Ethereum coins, so I mean, I guess there's a whole group of people.
Speaker 8: So I guess the reason why I'm asking. So I dabble a little bit in it, just to try to diversify.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 8: And I'm not that I have a whole lot in there, but like buy money didn't get taken, so maybe they're just for those who have a lot, or you would think that maybe they would take a little bit out of everybody's account.
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Do you have any Ethereum I do? Okay? Has it gone up or down in price in the last week? Just curious now that one point a billion.
Speaker 4: Dollars isn't gone you know, so it's been fluctuating, but I mean it just hit over the two grand mark, not like last week, so it's gone up.
Speaker 1: Wait, so was it before Friday.
Speaker 11: I don't remember when, but like it was with these last two weeks where it finally hit over the two grand market I think right now is about two fifty six, but it fluctuates.
Speaker 8: I mean that bigcoin, all the other wonderful stuff too.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So they waited until it got to a certain level and then they made their move.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: So it seems that's that's pretty crafty old North Korea. Kim Jong has got some extra things going on in the back burner that we had no idea about. But okay, so now as potential crypto investors need to be worried about North Korean hackers for one, but this proves that it's hackable on all fronts. Nothing is really that secure. Go ahead, Tony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this reminds me of the mountain Gox hack back in twenty thirteen for bitcoin, and that drove Bitcoin's priced down a little bit, but it was in the hundreds of dollars at that time, and yeah, it was through an exchange, So the fundamentals behind the cryptocurrency are still pretty solid in my opinion. It's just that if an exchange does a bad job of securing them, securing the private keys, then a hacker can steal them, and Ethereum has a more complicated way of doing it than Bitcoin, and I thought that would make it safer, but maybe it hasn't made it safer. Ethereum is into having multiple signatures to transfer the whatever they're called, the coins, the the unspent outputs, and Bitcoin I think just uses one password to do that instead of multiple ones. It's been a while since I really studied this, but I remember I really tried to study cryptography for about a year before I started. I bought some way back then, and it was I got really lucky. Of course, I haven't bought any ethereum, but I think the fundamentals are still solid enough, and it's it's just an exchange, for example, or an untrustworthy person or a person you know, if you if you're if your device is compromised in any way, that's that's what you need to worry about. But the fundamentals of cryptographic hashing are still solid enough that as long as you stay safe and maybe even generate your key pair offline, which you can do, then there's no way anyone can derive it just by guessing and checking.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it's just like these hackers did right, because you're right, Ethereum. We read in the article they do have the multi key situation and a lot of people have stored their stuff offline. They were able to mimic the if I read correctly here, they were able to mimic the employees, the people who are actually the ones that oversee the movement of this and hack it that way.
Speaker 3: So I to me, it sounds like they installed spywear on these employees' phones and computers. That's kind of what it sounded like to me.
Speaker 1: It's very possible. It's very possible. Yeah, go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 8: All I was gonna say is just checking prices now, And actually I was wrong, sho Ethereum. In the beginning of January was over thirty six hundred dollars her per coin, and then over the past in a couple of months, it just dropped down to the eighteens, and now it's finally back into the twos. So it seems like it's been fluctuating a lot over these past months. Well that's even without looking you know, farther back.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, again, me being such a just I'm clueless in this realm. They stole one point five billion in ethereum. That's not cash, right, Like, that's not that's not cold currency that they can now go spend. They would have to like transfer it out and do all these things. How could North Korea use that as money at this time?
Speaker 8: Can't you convert it from the coin back to whatever couragion you're in. Isn't that the whole idea of it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, another question.
Speaker 3: I mean, some people have raised the possibility of blacklisting coins that are registered as stolen sure, and people have talked about doing that for bitcoin.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they've ever.
Speaker 3: Actually successfully applied it. It would require the agreement of the whole community, and they're never going to get that because anonymity is more important than security or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I forget the trade off. But in the mount Gox thing in twenty thirteen, I was paying attention to that Bitcoin went from a little over one thousand dollars a coin down to about two hundred to coin, so and now it's up to what like ninety thousand, So it fluctuates just way more than any other investment. But that's kind of a rough idea of the values we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. So it's not like North Korea could sell these now on the black market to make that money, right, they can't, Like maybe they could ransom them.
Speaker 3: Well, if they're blacklisted, they can't. But they probably will find a way to sell them for money for other currencies.
Speaker 6: That's probably what they'll do. I bet they'll find a way.
Speaker 1: But isn't that all shown on the blockchain? So like anybody who follows it will be able to tell that, like, oh, this was one of the ethereum that was stolen, and they'll know that, Oh, you're dealing in stolen crypto and all these things, and like the it's not like gold bars where regardless, there's only a few signifiers that would tell you that this gold bar was stolen in this heights, like the Italian job that movie, right, and that's like scratch off. This is not something you could scratch off like that. So even if they were to sell it in some sort of a backdoor deal, so to speak, it's it's not like that could go anywhere really, Or maybe I'm completely wrong and there's totally away and there's like a whole underground circuit for buying stolen an illegal crypto. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's assuming there's some system that will blacklist it worldwide, but I don't think there is, so they there's a good chance they will get away with it.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: Well, So here's a question.
Speaker 8: If you could just cash out, why wouldn't once that you cash out of one account, then take the money that you made and theoretically either I either reinvest or just take that money. Why would you even want to reinvest it or to try to sell it like that they sold? Are they stole billions like at one point whatever billion of dollars? So why not just cash out?
Speaker 1: But how like, how would you cash that out without also showing that this was the stolen funds?
Speaker 6: Well, here's another thing.
Speaker 1: At the moment, I guess it wouldn't matter, because it's still if they were to do that right now, right cash it out before people have the opportunity to follow it and on the blockchain and all these things, then maybe they could, like Tony said, maybe they could get away with it, but like they wouldn't be able to hold these for like the next six months to a year and then try that. But again that's only assuming that this on the blockchain would be blacklisted in some way, shape or form. There's enough greedy people out there that may not even care if it was stolen or not, like you know, finders keepers kind of situation. I don't know.
Speaker 6: M Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another way to mask this whole blacklist problem is that if you buy some legitimate bitcoin or legitimate ethereum and then mix it with the stolen stuff that's already been you know, theoretic marked is stolen. Then the unspent outputs all mixed together in some new address, and then if you transfer them out of there, nobody knows how to deal with how to trace which on spent outputs or stolen and which ones weren't.
Speaker 6: So that's another strategy that North.
Speaker 3: Korea could use that other people have already used to get around this problem. Now for one point five billion dollars forth, maybe it's less doable.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Launder, for sure, that's going to take a little more blending, but it's not impossible, I would assume.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I bet film get away with it.
Speaker 1: That is insane, dude, I don't. I'm with you, Alex, I saw the cryptocurrency makes no goddamn sense to me, Yo, same same, I don't even understand how you launder ethereal dollars. I understand how to launder green money. This makes perfect sense to me. I understand how you wouldlaunder bullion and gyms, and how you fence stolen goods. That all makes perfect sense to me. In the realm that I live in. I have no idea how people are supposed to fence Internet money like that. There's ways, there's absolutely ways, but good god, the amount of hoops you have to jump through. But I mean, at the same time, for a one point five billion dollar payday, yo, I could learn how to jump through some hoops, like for real, nothing's impossible. So, oh my god, I don't know. I think you're right, Tony. They'll probably get away with it. But even that's the thing, the world knows that they're the ones that did it. There's no hiding it. I also don't think they care. It's not like North Korea is already social pariahs, international pariahs. It's not like this is gonna hurt their reputation any you know. So, I mean, they might even fence it through Russia. To be honest with you, Russia or China, they both have very good working relationships in North Korea, I could see them absolutely fencing it through their crypto markets in some way, shape or form, or hiding it in with their IP addresses or whatever the case is.
Speaker 3: So, and here's one other thing, just thinking about central banks and government banks and the whole worldwide banking system, I think the overall worldwide banking system doesn't like cryptocurrency that much. Still, they don't have a way to transform it into a central bank digital digital currency. So I think that the worldwide banking system, the traditional establishment banking system, is secretly a little happy when stuff like this happens. And they don't want governments to try to enforce, you know, laws against theft for cryptocurrency. They want cryptocurrency to be delegitimized. They want, you know, any time of theft like this happens, they're happy because it says, okay, yeah, people aren't going to be looking seriously into getting away from fiat currencies. They're gonna probably be more skeptical of the crypto if they know it can be stolen so easily.
Speaker 6: So that's another angle.
Speaker 1: On this that helps delegitimize it one hundred percent. The traditional banking system, the traditional economy system, does not like crypto because it's another way that they can't control. It's something that puts the power to the person rather than to the banking conglomerates and things. So I think you might be onto something here. Now this goes into the realm of conspiratorial talk, right. Is it possible that any number of these international banks would be more than happy to cash this crypto currency for North Korea if it helps further the point that people shouldn't trust crypto and should more trust brick and mortar banks. I could absolutely see them helping North Korea cash this out to further their goal in that regard, one hundred percent. Wow, Royce just typed in here. That's how I feel when you guys talk about what goes on in the world. Sometimes I'm in a bubble that doesn't have time to get into much unfortunately. Make reference yo. I feel that Raven says, I'd rather trade em barter for goods than money online. Yo, same same. I know. I'm just I'm just an old man in that regard. I don't do good with technology. Even though my former job was to deal with some cutting edge technology. Sometimes I sucked at the that type of like a really in depth tech world stuff. Crypto has never made sense to me. Help the stock market barely makes sense to me. Honestly. The only way it makes sense is that it's all gambling. And I understand the crypto is gambling as well, but like I don't even understand the I don't understand the gambling aspect of it. If you when you put stock into a company, you are gambling on that company doing well or that the value of that company will go up, right, that's the gamble. This makes sense to me in my mind here, I don't understand how you would be gambling on an ethereal dollar or an ethereal thing, coin, n ft, whatever the case is, that has no value other than what the Internet tells you the value of it should be, and how that's supposed to go up or down based off of what other people all feel like it should go up or down. That's how you have all these crypto pumping dumps that happen like it. It doesn't. I don't get it. I don't get it. Therefore I do not deal with it. It just doesn't go well for me. Let's see here, speaking of gambling out sent in, I mean gambling addicts send me twenty dollars, I might send back one hundred dollars Jimmy Neutron dunking on them. I like it. I like it. And then Zombie says, I'd rather hold my quote unquote stocks than figure out what this wild shit. Yo, same, same I and I don't even deal with the stocks, and I'm that's there's whole people that made their entire careers off of the stock market, and I'm not knocking it. I just suck at it, so I just stay in my own little bubble of earning my money.
Speaker 3: Well, here's another thing, people, I think gambling is a biological need. Almost people have been gambling since the beginning of time, with things like, well, there's baseball trading cards, there was the tulip mania people really, and there's diamonds and things that'll just go up and down. But people love to gamble. And if if cryptocurrency hadn't been invented, we would just be doing it with other stuff.
Speaker 1: On Oh God, Royce, that's a good one. I'm gonna I'm gonna steal that one. Dude, Jesus saves Jews invest wisely, that's fun. I like it. Oh, I like it all right, y'all. On that note, I think we're gonna wrap this episode up. As always, I want to thank everybody for coming out for this conversation and this edition of the Cajun Night Live. For anybody who is listening to this on Thursday and would like to be a part of the conversation again, go to the link below Cajun Night on Patreon. There's just one tier. It's just to get everybody involved in this conversation. Let's talk about what's going on in the world around us, y'all. Let's open form discuss everything. Let's have a little bit of growth, a little bit of education across the board, and let's make this even bigger than it's already grown. Again, I am the Cajun Knight, and I thank y'all for everybody for listening and coming out, and as always, God bless