Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bulbo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it, lip Star, shoot and.
Speaker 2: Righteous on Yesterday and listening watching lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now your hosts Cliff Berrickman and James booble.
Speaker 1: Fay, Hey, bobs, what's happening to Mannamouccho just had fireballs mass funeral yesterday? Oh really? How was that?
Speaker 4: That was cool? You know it was a more sob mean, the celebration of life was awesome. It was like a real celebration, like fun party. And then you know the funeral mass was a lot more you know, it's a it's a more solemn occasion for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's your mom holding up?
Speaker 4: She's really she's really bummed. She's she's taking it tough, but she's she's pretty resilient, she's pretty mentally tough. So's she's just got to go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, raising the bobs will make it resilient, better, perish, very good. Well, Yeah, I don't have much to say of it this past week. You know, I've been out to the wood still everything snowed in. Hopefully next week we'll get out. But so you got that going on. I pretty much have nothing, but we also have a fantastic guest on the line. Maybe we should hop over there. Oh yeah, bring them in, Bobes.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, tonight we got visiting with us Steve Coles, the squatch Detective. He's a famous hoax buster of the Bigfoot variety. He's a private investigator, and he's got some new books coming out. So welcome aboard, Steve.
Speaker 1: Steve Man, thanks so much for coming back on Bigfoot and Beyond with all of us.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for having me. It's my honor to be on.
Speaker 4: Guys. Hey, Steve, thanks for joining us. Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bobs, what's going on? Good to hear from you.
Speaker 4: You too, looking forward to hear what you got to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in all sorts of right now, Steve, I mean, my gosh, you have three books coming out, you're doing all sorts of analyzes with AI. I mean, and plus you're a real you're kind of a squatchy guy to begin with. So where do you want to start? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 5: Well, let's let's talk about the books that are coming out. That probably be a good, good place, because that was really the start of.
Speaker 1: It, and you have three books coming out. All of them are going to be released in the next month or two in March in April. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yep, I got one coming out March first, the other one will be coming out March fifteenth, and the last one will be April fifth.
Speaker 1: Whoa what do you think, Bobs? Who should be a chronological order?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That sounds good to be. This is exciting. It's it's like a Netflix mini series or you know, every week you get a new one. Youdo, you get all excited.
Speaker 1: So okay, So Steve, the first book, what is it called and what is it about?
Speaker 5: The first book coming out is called Bigfoot of Scientific Examination. And basically what I did was I crafted a book written of four forty nine separate scientific papers, abstracts, data, and they're broken up into basically three types of sections. The biological and physiological papers, social science papers, and case studies. And well, actually section four is furthering research and there's papers on how to how we can further our Bigfoot research. But they, you know, the biological section, you know, contains papers such as the prim primate Hypothesis, hummin and Evolution and Implications talks about, you know, scientific paper on olafactory capabilities and nesting behaviors and vision stuff like that. The social science papers talk about things like the cultural impact of bigfoot, bigfoot like in religious and spiritual context, cognitive bias, media influence of the seventies and eighties, and one of the more important ones the failure of mainstream science to examine the Bigfoot mystery. And then in section four, I do a bunch of case studies on like doctor Hendr Fahrenbach's status report, the Skookum cast. I do a study on a case study of Ray Wallace and stuff like the hairy Man Glyfts three showed tracks, and you know, I take a look at some of that, and of course furthering research, I talk about, you know, ways to proper locate the species, sound strategies, evidence collection, and you know, track casting and leveraging artificial intelligence to help us assist in some of our research.
Speaker 1: Programs, assist instead of hinder, I suppose, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all three of your books are following this format, like not really. The first book is strictly a lot of scientific papers in it, and I do have some introductory caveats in there. In an epilogue, but it's sourced with two hundred and seventy five plus sources of different scientists. There's an appendix that has the charts that I use in the book and has charts of an updated I actually took doctor Henter Fahrenbach's charts and I updated them to look more modern and more graphically appealing as well. So there was a number of things I did in this particular book. It's indexed, it's got a great broken down table context. The next two books are written more in book format, and like the book coming out on March fifteenth as The squad Sectim's Guide to Bigfoot Investigations, and that is a book basically just step by step how to conduct a proper interview of a witness, how to set the room up for a proper per interview or the scene for a proper interview, what to look for when interviewing somebody, evidence collection guidelines, casting guides, you know, the whole nines with that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The last book is what would Sasquatch Do? Volume two, which is all about primate behavior in relation to bigfoot behavior and how they are similar and and you know you'll see some of the parallels in there and what that means for bigfoot research.
Speaker 1: So kind of building on what doctor Bindernogel did in his first book, maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. Mine is really deep into primatology. You know, I talk about you know, the in that when I talk about the Great Apes and their different types of behaviors, their modalities there they're how you know, how they they habituate areas, how they eat, how they sleep, how they mate even and what that means for big with sightings and relating the known sightings using witness testimonies to see if it correlates with the Great Apes and it just so happens that they do.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yeah, I think that'd be an obvious one, right, But the specifically is where we get to the thing that I find most interesting, like how they correlate. Well, let's see. Let's see, so let's go back to the first book for a minute, because we're talking chronologically here the scientific examination. You say that you looked at forty nine different scholarly articles, right, like papers written about specifically about sasquatches or did you go outside of the lines there and look into palaeoanthropology and hominins and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: As well.
Speaker 5: No, I actually wrote the papers myself.
Speaker 1: Oh you wrote the papers. I thought you were referencing papers.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I've actually written forty nine separate papers in that book. You know, for example, it starts off with a comprehensive scientific profile with Bigfoot, and you know, it talks about anatomy and emotion, oral and olafactory capabilities, behavioral characteristics, nesting behaviors, communication, ego, you know, ecological adaptations, you know, evolutionary hypothesies, you know, evidence and research that's been done, hypothetical behavioral strategies. And that's just the first paper. And it breaks it down and it's references numbers of work across multidisciplinary sciences. So you know, in some in some papers, you know, we're referencing paleo you know, paleo anthropology. In other papers, we're referencing primatology. In other papers, we have references to sociology. You know, depending on where where the paper lies and what references I used to you know, basically support what I was writing.
Speaker 4: How physically bigger? How many words are pages?
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 5: Well? The first book out as four hundred and two pages.
Speaker 4: Well, I was going to say maybe a lot of stuff off like your covers, I figure they got to be thick, like a Webster's diction or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the next two books really aren't as thick, although they are very well referenced as well, But they're very narrow focused topics. You know, when you write a book about investigation, how much can you really write about conducting an investigation. It's just a guide book basically, when you're writing about primate behavior. I was looking for very specific type of things when it comes to that. So I think the Guide to Investigations rounded out to about one hundred and five pages. What would Sasquatch two Volume two rounded up to about one hundred and thirty one hundred and thirty five pages.
Speaker 1: And all these books will be available, how well, they'll all.
Speaker 5: Be available on Amazon as they get released that unfortunately, Amazon doesn't give me the links ahead of time before they go live, but they'll also be for the first time, I'm actually releasing books in not only paperback form, but hardcover as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool for us hardcore book collectors.
Speaker 5: And I actually readed my last two books to include hardcod for editions, which was The Sasquatch Playbook, and of course last year, the Psychology of Bigfoot. Again, that was about one hundred and fifty four pages in a very narrow scope. I was looking at the psychology of bigfoot witnesses, and you know, and the amazing thing when I wrote that book, it lurks right into well, why don't we have that much photographic evidence? And it lurks to write into it because there's a lot of psychological reasons why we don't have a lot of photographic evidence.
Speaker 1: On the human side of things. Correct, Yes, gotcha, And what are some of those reasons that you found?
Speaker 5: Well, again, when you look at a big foot. When somebody sees a bigfoot and it's not in their wheelhouse, the mind kind of stutters a bit. You know, aside from all the machinations of the limbic system which controls our flight or fight response, you know, our bodily functions, our respiration, all that wonderful fun stuff. Now think about it. You're seeing something, so your mind's trying to catalog when am I looking at So that causes a delay, and sometimes that will cause people to have post traumatic regression where all the bigfoot was there and then it just disappeared because their mind is actually removing that traumatic event to them. It depends again, a lot of it depends on the person. It also depends on the type of sighting as well. You know, if somebody's really close to one and they're ten feet away, that can be pretty traumatic. So the mind actually, like car accident victims won't remember sometimes after the point of impact, after a trauma because their mind purposely regresses that memory to save it from the pain. You know, we see that a lot of times in children that are victims of trauma as well. They blank that out as they get older. So it's it's really a number of things. But getting back to the photograph question, mind you, now you have to calmly and coolly. You know, people think that well, all these phones, you would think that there would be pictures. Well that's the problem. Phones are not point and shoot. They're you know, open up the phone, swipe, get your app up, put it out there, and then put your finger on the button and take a picture. So there's a lot of processes to a phone to a camera phone. Whereas the old day, the the the old you know, where it was just point and click maybe focus. Now everything is auto focused, and that adds yet another layer of complication because if you're filming something in the woods, that first item that's there, that first tree with your camera, so auto focus is going to be zooming in on. So that's another reason why you'll get blurry photographs.
Speaker 4: Right right.
Speaker 1: So let's take a look at that second book, which I find pretty interesting because I'm very much an evidence kind of guy, and this is kind of walking people what they can do to be better investigators. It sounds like pretty much. And you have a tremendous amount of experience with dealing with people in general because you've been a private detective for so long and like he's an investigator, the squash detective, and you've been on just countless investigations yourself. What are some of the key points for bigfoot researchers when they're interviewing a witness. What are some of the key points that you're hoping they'll take away from your book?
Speaker 5: Well, number one, how to properly conduct an interview where you're putting your witness at ease. How to build a baseline with the witness, because when you sit down with the witness, you just don't get into okay, what did you say? You know you want to talk to that person, get to know them a little bit, see how they answer true questions. For example, you know, okay, so how long you've been living here? Where you're from originally? You know, we have a wife, have kids? Oh really, what do you do for a living? You're getting honest answers. They have no reason to distort any of that, So you're getting a baseline read of how they answer questions truthfully. So then when you get into the story of itself, if they start deviating from what you've seen from you know, other questions, that that could give you a flag or a gut feeling that something isn't quite right here.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Then value many different things about their appearance. But if you're a guy who really cares about your hair and find out it's slowly going away or worse quickly, you might be feeling discouraged when you look in the mirror. And that's where Hymns comes in. Check out their personalized hair loss solutions and you can start seeing your hair go back in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 1: Hymns provides you with convenient and quality access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch or leisure chair or baby carriage, whatever you're into, I guess.
Speaker 3: Hymns makes treating hair loss simple with doctor trusted options and clinically proven ingredients like finast ride and monoxidel that can regrow hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 4: This process is simple and one hundred percent online, so there's no uncomfortable doctor visits.
Speaker 1: Answer a few questions, and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free.
Speaker 4: No insurance is needed, and one low price cover is everything from treatments to ongoing care.
Speaker 1: Hymns has hundreds of thousands of trusted subscribers and they can help you get your confidence back with visibly thicker and fuller and squatchier hair. Nice searcher free online visits today at hymns dot com slash beyond. That's hims dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 4: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 3: Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finastera ride. Prescription products require an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, now, one of the things you mentioned when you were kind of giving us the overview of these books here a minute ago, was how to set up the room for an interview. Sure, that's something that's never occurred to me, so laid on us.
Speaker 5: So I'll give you a good example. Is that number one, you want to have a setting where there's no distractions, so you know, being on a front porch really not a good good place to be for a good interview. Do you want to obtain your PREMI to record the interview? You want to maintain again, maintain an atmosphere with little distraction. But you don't want to put a barrier like you know, sitting on one side of a desk and having the person sitting on the or a table and having the person sitting on another side of the table. That's not a good idea. You don't want to have any barriers. So I prefer to sit chair to chair and you know, not have items in front of me. All that often I want to kind of be open and that way that openness, you can look at their openness with not having a table in front of you. So you see a lot. You know, from a forensic interviewing standpoint, there's things that when you start talking to people, start asking him questions, you'll see tells like tapping feet what we call the fig leaf, where you know it's just ingrained in us that sometimes somebody is getting really defensive. They'll actually drop their hands into their groin area and that's what they call the fake leaf, and that's a sign of being defensive or crossing their arms. But you know the fig leafing and tapping of the feet is you know, you put a table between yourself, that barrier, you're going to miss that cue. At the same point in time, you don't want to put a barrier because uh, that represents you know, opposition. You want to have a nice open seating. You're trying to maintain openness. So it's just little things like that.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me that those late night talk show hosts are doing it all wrong. Having a desk there were trying to get the info out of the guests.
Speaker 5: Well, if you ever if you ever notice a lot of the talk show hosts they kind of sit off to the Like Letterman was really great. He would slide over to actually almost get chair to chair with the because that the desk is at an angle, they're not sitting perpendicular one another. So that was kind of more of like the desk is between him and the audience, not necessarily him and his guest. It's they're kind of side by side a bit. So that's a little bit different. I was just speaking of a joke, Yeah, but no, there there's actually a a psychology behind the way they set those those desks up.
Speaker 4: I was on Colin O'Brien and it was so weird. It was the strangest conversation because I was sitting ahead of him and I had to like look back. He was sitting kind of behind me to the side a little bit.
Speaker 5: Right. Well, you know, you're a tall guy. He's he's an immensely tall person, isn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got that guy's got to int his in Memborle index is pretty non human. I'd say that guy has what you see it in person. He's an odd looking d He's got like a real short torso and like really long arms and legs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and that that's again that's primar primate dimorphisism. I mean, that's why it's no surprise that we have different you know, we have different chimpanzees that are different sizes. We have different gorillas that that that come in different shapes and sizes, orangutan and we you know, sasquatch as well.
Speaker 4: So when you're talking about the interview people, I think we talked about the last time you were on, but I think they've changed a lot of stuff now about like those tells about if they look to the leaf or look to the right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the more of the tells are more in what's the what's going on with the eyebrows and the brow ridge, And it's not so much about where the eyes necessarily focus on because there are you know, there's three types of receivers. There's there's the people that look, there's the people that listen, and there's the people that feel or touch. And you know, I'm famous for being a listener. I can listen to things and absorb them very easily. I don't need it, necessarily need to see it, but I need to hear it. There are people that need to see things to absorb and you know, and then there's people that need to touch or feel And if you ever get in the conversation, you know, with me, sometimes I'm always kind of looking around. That was because of my profession, because I was I always had my head on a swivel, So you may not get a lot of eye contact from me all the time, especially if there's a lot of distractions going on. Conversely, you have people that you know that will always like when they talk to you, they touch your arm or they put your hand on their shoulder, and you know, they'll they'll make statements like do you feel me? You know, so you get those So based on those three types of receptors, that eye contact stuff isn't always necessarily prone. What you need to look for is like eye closing and eye blinking, Like if you ask a stressful question and somebody is telling you a lie, you'll, you know, sometimes they get into a rapid blink mode and they'll blink their eyes four or five times faster than they have been during normal questioning, which is why it's so important to establish that baseline.
Speaker 4: So if you're going to try to fool like an interrogator, investigator or something you get like some botox shots of lower forehead. Keep your eyebrows study.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well exactly. One of the interesting things that a body language is people that will force their eyebrows up and it creates quite the crinkle on their brow. But that is something if you can picture that, think of a little child getting caught in the cookie jar. I didn't take that cookie right, and their eyebrows are sticking straight up, you know, as high as they can be. And that's something to look out for. When people say I saw a bigfoot, you know, they're generally the people that have really seen a big photo was like, listen, I've seen a bigfoot, and they'll just tell you a plain matter of fact. They try not to convince you. And then the other thing I talk about too is you know it's gott to psychologically makes sense. It doesn't make sense if you know. Like one of the point blank ones is that Mississippi SKUNKCPE video that was circulating that turned out actually it was made for a television series. The you know, all of a sudden, the guy's filming for like thirty five seconds and then he turns and runs away. Well, there was no reason for him to turn and run away at that particular point. It psychologically made no sense. So you look at types of things, it's kind of like the bigfoot behind a tree and the parent has a child next to them and they, oh, look, there's a big foot. No, if you've seen something like that, the first thing you would want to do is protect that child, get him out of there.
Speaker 4: I thought that Mississippi one was real.
Speaker 5: Now it turns out that was made for a television series called Beasts of the Bayou and it aired in their first episode, and the gentleman that was supposedly the witness was named Josh high Cliff. Now I got on my private investigation database and could not find any living person named Josh high Cliff. But when I Google searched him, I found him that he was a character in the Beast of the Bayou and he was actually portrayed by an actor. And just to show you how phony it is, they actually blurred the actor's face out when they interviewed Josh high Cliff. So they you know, why, why if he was an actor or being portrayed by an actor, why would you need to blur the face out? They did it because it was all fake and somebody actually talked to the actor and he says, yeah, that was all fake. That was made for the for the television series.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of a different one. I was stinking to the one where the things like squatted down in a swamp and tear turn up like a dead tree stump or.
Speaker 5: Something, and that's the one. That is the one.
Speaker 4: So they released out way before the show came the episode came out.
Speaker 5: They released it about four months before the episode came out. Okay, okay, And the actual Josh high Cliff, if you look at his Facebook page, that's the only post he really made. His YouTube page, same thing, only post he ever made, and he made one other post on crypto window just pointing to it. They were trying to generate like this social media buzz about the video. So when the show came up, but it's very much like a you know, was put out by Discovery and it was at the same time Mountain Monsters was running, and it was kind of the characters in it were kind of like a Bayou version of Mountain Monsters.
Speaker 4: Okay, I never saw Yeah, So what was what was the next phase of your book?
Speaker 5: The investigations well after the investigation one is what would Sasquatch Do? Volume two, which looks at primate behavior and their living modalities in comparison to in comparison to sasquatch and the reports that we've gotten over the years, and it kind of builds the base that we actually do know a lot about what a sasquatch should be able to do and shouldn't be able to do. And all we have to do is look at the great apes, including ourselves, and of course we are in our own little category. But if you look at the Estralla Estralla, Pitthezenes, and the art of Pithazenes and even paranthropists which kind of allegedly died off at one point, they all share characteristics with a sasquatch, but they all share universal characteristics. For example, if you look at well, we all have territory. You know, Homo sapiens call it their home or their yards, you know, their property. But chimpanzees have territories, and ranks have territories. Billy apes, bonobos and gorillas, they all have territories. We all have folk gy activity areas, which as areas we do things in such as feeding or eating or mating and uh, you know for some animals. But you know if for us, an example of our folky areas would be like malls and stores and schools and places of employment, and we all have home ranges, and that's the area within it normally we travel to on any given day. So like for myself, I travel to work, I come back home. I may go to the store, I may go to the mall. That's kind of my range. I don't necessarily go out of that range, only on specific times and when I'm doing something. So and again that's universal to all primates. Now, the interesting thing is is the behaviors within these areas vary by area, but not by primates. Primates all have the same typical behavior in these areas. For example, in a home range, you know, you will not get a lot of conflict, you will not get a lot you'll pass by one another with little or no interaction. And think about the roadside crossings. Thinks about people walking in the forest and they come across one and it kind of just looks at them and does a walk off. That's an example of home range. Then you have to the other extreme, you have the territorial behavior. Now if a primate encounters a primeate of in other species, it will do it will show a big display, it will act up, it will shake trees, it will throw rocks, it will vocalize, it will beat its chest, depending on which particular grade epe you're talking about. Now, think about people going into areas of the forest where they're screamed at and have rocks aggressively thrown at them, and they go to leave and then they feel like they're being paralleled, they're stalked as they're leaving the area. Those are all great signs of territorial primate behavior. You know, There's even been reports just as squat shaking trees to intimidate, so that's huge.
Speaker 4: And then finally that's probably the most common. That's probably the most common, probably right, you.
Speaker 5: Know, hard to say, I think vocalizing and physically yeah, but physically shaking those trees is a big And then finally you have the folky of activity areas, which it depends on what the activity is. And the best way I can describe it is think about our behaviors. You know, if we're at the mall, our behavior is pretty much the same as our home range. Right, It's all kind of But if we're in a school and somebody enters that school that doesn't belong there, our behavior is going to be a lot different. So it depends on what type of activity is going on that And again this is across the board for all primates. So and guess what it all correlates with. People report in sasquat sidings. So I think scientifically, or at least from an investigator standpoint, their moo meets exactly the same as other great apes.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 5: I took it from a primatology, not necessarily a biology approach like a field biology. When I took it from a primatology approach and a behavioral approach makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a great way of a size should approach it.
Speaker 5: Well. The reason why is is if you want, if you think about it, these areas, you will get more recidivism or in case people don't know what that is, it's a chance of encounter, multiple encounters. You will get a higher residivism rate in your territory. And there's a sub area of the home range called the core area so you know, you will get higher recidivism in those in FokI areas activity areas, you will get recidivism for a certain period of time and then it will die off. And again that's very consistent with sasquad reports too.
Speaker 4: So are you mostly like you're out in the field yourself so much?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is you even just focus like sitting down and writing or have you still getting out in the field.
Speaker 5: But in New York that's what we do. During the wintertime, My research areas are pretty much shut down by our d C Department of Environmental Conservation because they don't they don't fix the roads until after the winter. So I'm sure there's trees down in the roads, there's ice, there's snow. They don't ow the areas and they don't want anybody going in there and getting trapped, and you know, then they got to do rescues and all that fun stuff, So they close those attack. My area is gated and put it with a padlock until you know, they take care of the roads and trim up the fallen trees and et cetera. The roads and making sure the roads are safe and not going to collapse because of landslides or anything like that. So, yeah, so there's a lot you know, the only time I'll go out of somebody has an active report during the wintertime. And really you think about you know, there was years I used to do that. I used to go out in the wintertime. I'm an old guy. Now I'm an older guy. That we put it that way. I don't want to spin my wheels and be miserable out there, you know, if need be, I go out. But you know, we're on the cusp of March coming up, and then April I start gearing up because then they'll start opening up the areas and then I'll be back out in the field in April, you know as well. And then we take June, July, and part of August off because it gets really buggy and it gets miserable anyway, And if you think about it, in New York, are our main months for big foot sightings or September and October.
Speaker 4: Yes, those are the prime months for a lot of North America.
Speaker 5: Yep. And I you know, interestingly, I've been leveraging, you know, talking about practicing what I preach. I've been leveraging AI and I got something coming out real soon. I used AI to scrub all of the or many of the databases that exist on the web, and it came up with stats of things like what state Bigfoot seeing the most, and by what percentage, what time of day they're seeing the most, what month they're seeing the most, what color they are, and what was the weather during those stings. And the beautiful thing about AI is that you can do years of research within weeks now, and I think a proper use of it. It's not ever going to find Bigfoot, but it can certainly guide you in the right path, and it can give you insight rather than you know that it may pull out some things like I didn't know until today that Massachusetts in Pennsylvania, you know, all have the same peak months. Well, Massachusetts a little bit different, but Pennsylvania and New York have the same peak months for sasquat sightings. Massachusetts is slightly different, but not by much. Like in New York and Pennsylvania, the peak sighting months or September and October. In Massachusetts, it was August in September, So I found that quite interesting that they have more of a peak in August than we do here in New York.
Speaker 1: So with these timelines of sightings and whatnot. Did you do any correlation to hunting season?
Speaker 5: I have not yet. I mean literally, this information I just cultivated within twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: No pun intended, I cultivated.
Speaker 5: Culstivated, culstivated, right, but literally, that's how quick you can get this information out now. AI is such an incredible tool of used properly.
Speaker 1: Which platform of a are you using?
Speaker 5: I use a multitude of them. I use chat GBT for some things, and I actually have the professional version of chat GPT, and it's phenomenal for you know, researching scientific papers and articles, I use Claude AI, and for website extrapolation in data mining, I use grock, which is the excess platform. And I'll tell you what. I was blown away how thorough Grock and web scrub. I was like, wow, I mean just like tons of information, a lot quicker and more thorough than chat GPT. Although chat gbt is very excellent for putting, formatting things the way you want them format it and graphics like, you know, although grock makes nice tables, but chat gbt makes beautiful graphics out of it. Like that's what I use to redo Hender Farrenback's charts. You know, I put his chart in there, upload his charts. Hey, can you make this a little more appealing and more modernized than what it appears to be? And it came out with a beautiful, nice sliding chart.
Speaker 4: So you spend quite a bit of time on learning this AI product, Like you try all these different platforms. You're just supposed to put in a lot of a lot of time to get this good at it? Right?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's no. I mean when you when you write up, I mean I'll have to write all Usually I write a couple of paragraphs as what you know, parameters I want, and then it'll come out and then you have to refine that sometimes, you know, and certainly like you know chat GBT, I refine. You know, you have to refine it a few times before you get exactly you know, your the charts and stuff the way you want them. You know, it's the same with all of them. You know, you can forget something very easily, or it can miss. It's not a pure speaking platform, so sometimes it can misinterpret what you say. So you have to well, I made a mistake there. Let me restate that and you can tell it. Hey, I you know you're doing Okay, I like how this looks, but I need this. You can speak English to it and it understands you, and that's the amazing thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the AI stuff that I've been playing with a little bit when I do when I speak to it, which is great because I literally I am speaking English because sometimes I don't have time to type or I'm on my phone. I'd never like typing on my phone, you know. I'm just some one of those. I won't even do emails on my phone. If I can help it, I just say, hey, do this, blah blah blah. Here's my question. I'm going to do this, and here's I was using it a lot with my barn. Actually I'm redoing everybody knows I'm doing redoing my outbuilding to house my footprint cast collection. So I said, yeah, my barns seventy foot by thirty five feet and the rise of six feet above the blah blah blah and this and that. How am I going to determine this? And I's kind of describing my project to it just by speaking to it. And then I asked the question to it, and then it restates it far more simply than I do. I mean, really, I should get Ai. I should I should get Ai to be a host of my podcast because I'm so long winded about things. It is much more concise than I am. And I asked a question and it tells me the question that I asked and a far more intelligent way to say it, and then quite simply the answer, and it's very, very impressive. I said, no, that's not what I meant. What I meant is this? Or have even caught mistakes with Ai and said, well, that's not true, because this now, what do you say? And I've had AI tell me you're right. That was based on a twenty fourteen study. The twenty eighteen studies says, and they say, wow, wow. Getting to a point where I'm talking to computers and it understands me. I'm not exactly comfortable with it, but I'm forced to live here, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: Let me give you a great example of how something saved a bunch of time. Is I decided now this, this is how much I'm playing around with this. Two nights ago, maybe three nights ago, I decided I wanted to write a foil request to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and see if I can get copies of any report or its logs and audio recordings of any big foot signing reports that they may have received for since twenty seventeen. So I type that into jet GBT with the parameters. I don't know the address of where I got to send this to, or an email address where I could submit it. I don't know any of that, but you know it knows who I am from previous conversations. And I hit submit, and it printed up this freedom of information law to New York States guidelines. It gave it printed the address and the email address to submit it to, right at the top of the letter. So by taking five minutes to typing in what I wanted, it produced this letter for me. But I could just copy into my word process to my Microsoft word and then send it as a PDF to the New York State DC. Within eight hours, I got a reply saying, okay, we're processing your request. Here's here's a log into our dec portal. Here's your temporary password. Will documents up and then needed. If you're an electronic fashion, we'll notify you and they will be uploaded to the portal. It took me ten minutes to do all of it. So when you leverage AI to do things like write a foil request, or depending on which state you are, sometimes it's called the Foyer request, it's either a Free of Information Act or freedom of information and the law, depending on which state you live in New York State happened to be foil. It does it in minutes, and you know, it gives you all the information. You don't have to extrapolate, you don't have to look for proper format. It does that all for you. It cites the law, it cites the timelines by law they have to respond to. It gives you the address, the phone, everything you need and it's just like wow, talk about time saving.
Speaker 1: Now there's a dark side, of course to this AI think, and all the big fters are aware of it, that it can generate lots of images or even footage of such creatures. Have you, since you're much more fluent at this sort of thing than I am, have you found any telltale markers and say images that you can quickly tell that if it's AI generated or not.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, You got to remember every AI image photograph, per se, is a layered photograph. The AI builds them by layer and guess what happens when you put it through an error level analysis test, which you can find on photo forensics dot com. You'll see all the layers, so you know, there hasn't been a an AI photo yet. That's fooled me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, And how many have you seen?
Speaker 5: Oh a bunch. I ran through a number through tests when I started looking at this. I ran probably a dozen different AI pictures through that, including AI pictures of Bigfoot, AI pictures that people were generating, you know, like putting into their yeah, into their family pictures or whatever that they were using all AI generated stuff, or you know, show me Batman playing golf, you know, and you put that into the thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Look at the layers. So all the AI pictures show telltale signs of having being layered, because that's how they're built. By layer. It sets the background up and then it puts that. It's not like a traditional digital photograph. It's actually a piece of it's actually a piece of arts version of photoshop, but basically right, exactly, well, it's a piece of artwork basically.
Speaker 1: And of course all pictures of Batman playing golf would be AI because he does that at night and you'd never know he was there and.
Speaker 5: He also he also does the mid night bowling too.
Speaker 2: Batman would never sully himself with such a trivial support as golf, he'd be bowling for sure.
Speaker 5: No, that's not true. Robin is his caddy. He makes Robin carry the clubs everywhere he goes.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages. So you're you're in New York right now, and you're probably neck deep in snow, I'm assuming, just because that's what that part of the country is undergoing right now. So I'm assuming you've mit out to the woods much lately, which probably gives you an opportunity to focus on some other things. So what have you been up to, Well, you.
Speaker 5: Know, aside from all this research I've been doing and coming up with ideas for the upcoming research season, I'm just running the old podcast and we're doing a little something different. We don't have too many guests on as we used to now, but we we have like discussions and we talk about science, and we talk about discoveries and and how they relate necessarily to you know, the Bigfoot mystery. You know, like if there's a new hominin discovery like they you know, we had a discussion about Homo juliensis just a few weeks ago when that was when that discovery came out or got you know, published in one of the periodicals, and we talked about that and what it could mean. And and I find that stuff fascinating. I mean, there's so many shows now that are out there that they have you know, people in and out a lot of times, and I don't want to get repetitive to that. So we do guests occasionally. Uh yeah, once in a great while, we'll do witnesses, we'll do investigations, we'll do and everything is done live time, so we'll actually do a photo analysis livetime. You know, we'll take a look. Let's take a look at this picture. Let's you know, let's what do you think? Well, this is what I think. And let's look at the story and does the story make sense? And we we actually had one guy who had a sighting that he didn't want to com on because he was too shook by it, and it took him a couple of months before he came out of a shell about it. He wasn't a big foot believer and he was asleep in his suv and so he woke up to one looking in at him, and it shook him to his core. And that was in I want to say northern California, but if my memory and I know it was in California, I'm not quite exactly true where. And then it's about a month later he decided to go revisit it, and he kind of but I had extensive conversation with him via email, and you know, if you watch the guy tell his story, it was very real. So I got permission to show that and we reviewed, Hey, you want to see an interview where a witness look is giving off the vibe of authentic. Here it is. So you know, we showed that video and little snips and show the behavioral markers of somebody telling the truth versus somebody not telling the truth. So it's like, we do a lot of very educational stuff. We do a lot of and of course, you know, we we you know, we we try to be funny at times. It's hard work, man, Yeah, yeah, but we're podcasting three nights a week now. We do two one hour shows on Wednesday and Fridays, and we do our two hour show on.
Speaker 1: Sunday, Holy Smokes three a week, buttons for punishment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just like the interaction with our audience, which is really the nice thing about being Lives. We have a chat room and they add to the mix the last questions. They'll ask some great questions. And you know, years ago, when you know, we started podcasting way back in two thousand and six, we were on blog talk radio, which we had a phone line. But technology has come so far that now we can put up PowerPoint presentations on our shows. We can put up pictures, we can upload videos, we can show videos, pictures, sounds, we can play sounds and audio recordings from the field. Heck, we had a couple of years ago we actually did a live broadcast from an investigation we did and we caught a tree knock and uh, later on we had a rock thrown at us and it was like we were talking and you hear this rock come through a s and it was clearly caught. So a lot of cool stuff that the you know, the platform can do now.
Speaker 1: And of course they're archived as well, so people can go catch past shows.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yep, there forever archive. So we try to do shows that are evergreen a lot of times, and that's the important thing about the education. But those are kind of evergreen, and we have some really great discussions, and it's kind of like a variety show where it's me and my my, my co host Chris Bennett, and we just kind of wrap. He's in the south in Kentucky. I'm from the north here in New York, and we we have this nice little, you know, North South dichotomy going on between the two of us. It turns out to be a wonderful thing. And you know, people I think show up because they like us, which is kind of cool, rather than just for the information itself.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have to have likable hosts, which is why I can't figure out why anybody listens to us. But we seem to work out anyway.
Speaker 5: Oh, you guys are fine.
Speaker 1: That's just how we look, though, I mean, how do we act.
Speaker 5: You act like like the rest of us do like twelve year old you know, we're old men in twelve year old minds. Yeah, you know, I had to add a rim shot actually to my soundboard classic. You know, it's kind of you got to have fun doing it, you can't, you know, it's a serious topic. But you got to have a little bit of levity to understand that we are talking about Bigfoot A lot of times.
Speaker 4: We always see we take Bigfoot Seri's just not ourselves.
Speaker 5: Right, exactly exactly. You gotta have self deprecation. You gotta pick on yourself because we're you know, like Cliff and you know this, We're only people. We're just normal, average joes that just got spun into this world where occasionally a spotlight or two comes on us.
Speaker 4: How you said for Cliff, you know this like I.
Speaker 1: You have no idea, Boba, We're not see the rest of us are normal people. Bobo, you want something.
Speaker 2: Bobo had talked about being on Conan O'Brien, and so I don't think anyone else in this call can say that, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, No, no, no, but.
Speaker 5: We won't make mention that Becher was on Letterman.
Speaker 4: And Carson, Yeah he wasn't he?
Speaker 1: So are you speaking live this year anywhere? Are you trying to take in the year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this year we're doing. I have my first library president. Well it's actually a paranormal slash cryptid gathering at the Kinderhook Public Library that's going to be in May I'm not quite sure in the date on that, but that's going to be in May, and that's kind of cool because that's home in the Kinderhook Creature Big Flap back in the nineteen eighties. Then in August we have Hocking Hills.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'll be there too, Yep.
Speaker 5: Awesome, And I have the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Camping Adventure and Doctor Meldrum will be there and Ron Moorehead will be there as well. And then of course, just announced in September at the end of September is the White Hall Sasquad's Calling Festival, which I will be I think for the fifth year in a row. I'll be m seeing the Calling contest, which is awesome. And that's that's kind of fun because I got like a you know, seven eight hundred people in the stands there in the Amphitheater and I get to do my shtick comedy, so.
Speaker 1: A captive audience. That's what I used the podcast for, trying that new jokes and stuff like that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm doing that. And I got an invite to go to the There is a Missouri big Foot Conference. I got an invite just to show up there and they'll give me a table gratis and set up. Come on down, set up your own welcome, set up, sell your books.
Speaker 1: So, Steve, were kind of coming to the end of the hour here, but I know you have a little bit extra time before you have to hop on your own podcast and go do that. And you are best known, at least to me, like one of the things that I put you on a pedestal about is busting hoaxes. You are just ruthless and you get to the bottom of it. I've literally told my wife today, Steve's a good friend and I'm so glad because I wouldn't want them after me because you find stuff about people and you have busted so many hoaxes. I think it would be a lot of fun if you stayed on for the bonus episode for our members that comes out every Thursday, and we can talk about some of the hoaxes that you've dealt with in the past and some of the most ridiculous things that you've run across, and that sort of stuff. If you have an extra times well, of course, and tell everybody where they can buy your books as they come out. One more time to remind.
Speaker 5: Everybody they have news. Go to Amazon dot com. I will also have links on my website at squatchdtective dot com and if you go over to YouTube dot com forward slash at squatch dtv. In every show description we post links for the books, so as the new links come out for the Blue books.
Speaker 1: They'll be there, okay, And your podcast is on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Podcast is on YouTube. And we do our mainstay show with Sundays at nine pm Eastern and occasion we'll do a show on Wednesday at nine pm and or we'll do a show on Friday at nine pm. They're not guaranteed, but we sometimes we hit three shows a week, depending on how busy it is, and it gives us time to get breaking news in there if any stuff comes.
Speaker 1: Up under promise over deliver sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: And all those links will be in the show notes.
Speaker 4: Cool, all right on, Steve. Cool for you to join us. We appreciate it. All the people love to hear from you. So thanks for making the time and I'm looking forward to seeing those books come out, reading them and folks pick them up. They're always good. Steve knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what I'm going to do for you, guys. I will email those books two because I have BDF copies of all them. I'll send them off to you and Cliff and to Matt after I get done podcasting tonight, so you have all three copies of them in PDF.
Speaker 3: For thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Thanks Steve, Right on there you goes. He's a nice guy. Folks support him. So okay, Steve, thanks a lot, and good luck with the book. And until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond d