Speaker 1: For a teenager struggling to find their place in the world, friendships and acceptance can mean everything. But in a case when a small group began accusing one young teenager among them of things that she hadn't done, while, it soon turned into something far more dangerous. Over the course of several days, she would ultimately be held prisoner inside a house where the people around her subjected her to escalating acts of cruelty and torture beyond anyone's darkest imagination. This is the horrifying and true story of sixteen year old Suzanne Capper.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben, I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 1: The following podcast your audience list Ah, there you go, There I go.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling, struggling a little bit with the fact that our house legitimately smells like chocolate chip freshly baked cookies to me, but there's none of that in sight. I think I'm having like food cravings from our healthy eating.
Speaker 1: You're going bonkers. I think definitely. We had salmon and rice for dinner, which, oh, maybe it's.
Speaker 2: The co I make coconut rice, So maybe it's the coconut maybe I don't know, but it's really annoying because it smells freaking amazing. But I don't get to eat a chocolate chip cookie.
Speaker 1: All I smell is the fish being from like the residual fish smell from cooking fish. And then you have like an oil, like an essential oil you put on, like the peppermint oil. That's all I smells those two things. It's just peppermint e fish.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm definitely vibing a bit better over here then with the smells.
Speaker 1: For sure, I'm not exactly unless like Girl Guides have just come out with a weird new limited edition cookie. I think I'm just out to lunch on what I'm smelling as far as cookies go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I can say one thing, though, I hope you guys have a nice drink, handy, a comfort drink, whether it is alcohol or hot chocolate or coffee. You need a comfort drink for this story, in my opinion, because it is heavy. Heads up on that right now.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I mean, aren't they all to some degree?
Speaker 1: Right? They are? But the nice thing is to when you unpack a story like this, you can also go over to our Patreon, like our patrons did who signed up this week, So shout out to Leandre Thomas, Maddie Whitten, Nellie, Amy will Cox, Joey and Phyllis, Carrie Strund and Rachel Randall. They all signed up for Patreon so when they do hear a story like this, they can also go over on the Patreon see our exclusive behind the scenes get the extra exclusive episodes as well.
Speaker 2: So just I was gonna say they can cool over there for moral.
Speaker 1: Support moral support as well. Yes, that's true. There's not only getting to chat with us, but also the community of patrons over there who tend to decompress after cases like this in the chat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's a good group of people.
Speaker 1: It is. I love it over there. But as I mentioned though, I really do hope you have a drink, candy. You don't have anything.
Speaker 2: I have nothing, so I'm regretting my life decisions.
Speaker 1: Do you need to do? You need to take a second and get something?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah, there's some wine?
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, go pour glass of wine. We're gonna hit a quick pause. We'll be back in three two one and we're back in. Nicole has wine. I sure, do you? What are you drinking.
Speaker 2: What is it? It's eight Generation, my favorite winery. It's dang good.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what's the wine? You just tell me what the wine?
Speaker 2: Remember what this one's called. It's a red and it has a different name. I can't remember. It's right there and I can't see.
Speaker 1: You just drink by the winery and don't even know what.
Speaker 2: Well I do know, Hilario, what this one is. I just don't at the moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you having a stroke? You're smelling cookies? You don't know what you're drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, check on me tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I might have to. In the morning, I'll be checking your pulse. So if you wake up and I'm looming over, you know why. Anyways, I think we should get onto the case.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's do it, all.
Speaker 1: Right, If you guys are ready, we're ready. Let's get into this. So. Suzanne Kapper was a teenager growing up in Manchester, England. She was born on September one, nineteen seventy six, and she spent most of her childhood in a place called Mauston, which is a working class district in the north of the city. Now, Suzanne's early life it wasn't easy here her biological father wasn't exactly involved in her upbringing. Now, while she later took a surname from her stepfather, John Caper Kapper, sorry, stability in the house was never guaranteed. Suzanne's mother, Elizabeth Dunbar, did her best to raise her daughters, Suzanne and her older sister Michelle, but the family still struggled. By the time Suzanne was in her early teens, the relationship between her and her mother and stepfather had deteriorate it and around nineteen ninety while the couple ended up separating. A side effect of that split, like many other parental separations, while it created an even more instability for the girls. At times Suzanne lived with her mother, at other times she stayed with her stepfather. Then there were also periods where she stayed with her friends or was placed in local authority care. It was a common step in the UK when families were struggling to provide stable housing or supervision for a teenager, though it meant her life often lacked consistency. She was frequently moving between homes and just trying to find a place where she felt like she belonged. Despite this, though those who knew Suzanne often described her as quiet, polite, and eager to please. She wasn't known for causing trouble, and if anything, people remembered her as someone who desperately wanted to be accepted. As such, she was often easily influenced by those around her, particularly older people that she looked up to. At school, Suzanne attended mostyn Brook High School, and in the beginning, she was just another student navigating her teenage years. But as things at home became more unstable, her school attendance began to slip. She started skipping classes and spending more time away from school and not paying so much attention to her education. It's something we hear often from many teenagers. They're looking for themselves, learning about the world around them, and searching for independence. Suzanne was no different in that sense, and soon she began drifting towards older friends outside her immediate circle. For her, those friendships offered something that she had been missing, attention, acceptance in a sense that someone wanted her around. It was through some casual connections in her neighborhood that Suzanne first became acquainted with the woman named Jeane Powell. Now Jeane lived at ninety seven Langworthy Road in Boston, not far from where Suzanne spent much for time growing up. In the beginning, Suzanne had started babysitting Jeane's kids when she was still quite young, sometimes just you know, helping around the house or watching the kids while Jane was out. Now, Jeane was in her mid twenties at the time, more than a decade older than Suzanne, who was around fourteen or fifteen years old around then. To a teenager searching for stability and approval, Jeane seemed worldly and independent, and Suzanne began spending more and more time at the house on Langworthy Road, sometimes staying there overnight. But the environment inside the house was far from normal. You see, Jane's home had developed a reputation in the neighborhood. It was a place where people came and went at all hours of the night and day, and many of those visitors were involved in criminal activity too. Drugs were frequently used and sold there, particularly amphetamines aka speed, and stolen goods often passed through the property as well. Neighbors later described the house as chaotic. There were stolen cars and car parts nearby, and loud music and constant traffic of unfamiliar people coming and going inside, though Jane was raising three young children, and eventually other adults and their children would also move in too. For Suzanne, the house represented something that she'd been craving, attention and belonging, but Jeane treated her like someone useful. Suzanne helped with babysitting, cleaning, and errands, and she began spending more time there than she did at her own home. What initially started as occasional babysitting it had gradually turned into Suzanne practically living at this house and doing a lot of chores. Over time, Jane became an important figure in Suzanne's life. To the vulnerable teenager, Jane was almost like a mother figure, someone older who welcomed her into her home. But the world Suzanne had stepped into was far more dangerous than she realized now. Jane was often described as the dominant personality in the house, and she had a reputation for her drug dealings as well. Those who later looked back on the situation described her as controlling, manipulative, and even volatile, and the house itself seemed to revolved solely around her. One of Jane's closest associates was someone by the name of Bernadette McNeely in her early twenties, who would soon become another central figure in Suzanne's life. Now, Bernadette lived nearby at first, but she spent much of the time at the Langworthy Rode home as well, and she eventually moved in with her own kids. Like Jane, Bernadette also had a reputation for being aggressive and unpredictable. Another regular presence was Glenn Powell, Jeane's estranged husband and father of her children. Even though the couple were no longer together Glenn's well, he still spent a great deal of time around the house. He was nearly thirty years old and had a criminal history. It's also not surprising to say that his relationship with Jeanne remained quite volatile, but regardless, he still continued to move in and out of the house. Among the younger members of the group was also someone named Anthony Dudson, a teenager who was still only seventeen years old at the time. Anthony was also in a relationship with Bernadette now, despite the age difference of seven years and her being twenty four, while he was still a mo Yeah, I'm not going to touch on that, but I'm pretty sure you understand how I feel like others though, He spent much of his time inside this home and quickly became part of the same destructive social circle. Then there was also Clifford Pook, Bernadette's younger brother. Clifford was in his late teens and had briefly dated Suzanne at one point two, which further connected her to this group. Now, finally there was Jeffrey Lay, another associate who frequently visited the home. Jeffrey was known locally for stealing cars and dealing in stolen goods. He was also one of the people who bought drugs from Gene frequently. Together, the group formed a very volatile mix of personalities and all contained inside one house on Langworthy Road, which was filled with drug use, arguments, shifting alliances, and children who were often present amidst all the chaos.
Speaker 2: How large was this house because it sure seems like it's so housing a lot of people under that roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not too sure, And the thing is too like not all of them lived there right per se, but all of them hung out there and were there very often daily.
Speaker 2: Even it almost seems like it has an open door policy. But then also you know when you say the address of a house that some stuff is about to go down in there. That's true, yeah, because I don't like you'll just just say a house or anything or something, But when you say the legit address, I'm always like, Okay, bad things happen here.
Speaker 1: Yep. Now, over time, what had once been a place where Suzanne felt welcome, it slowly became something else entirely. And if I don't give a number and I say a sentence like that, you also know that's going to be a bad place. Now. Within this environment, Suzanne Kapper began to occupy an uncomfortable position. At first, her presence at the house didn't seem unusual, but over time the tone of her relationship with the group it began to shift. Suzanne was younger than most of the people in the home, and in many ways she occupied the lowest position within the social circle that formed around Gene, essentially being socially lowest in sienniority or lowest in the pecking order. So while the others spent their time drinking, taking drugs, and moving in and out of petty criminal activity, Suzanne was often expected to take care of the practical things around the house. She looked after the children when people were out, She helped clean the place when it became a mess, and if someone needed something picked up from a nearby shop or something like that, or they wanted an air and run, well, guess what, Suzanne was usually the one who was sent to go do it now. At first, these responsibilities may have felt like a way to earn her place in the group, but gradually the dynamic began to shift. Instead of treating her like a friend, some members of the household started to treat Suzanne as someone they could easily push around. Arguments became more frequent, and Suzanne increasingly found herself blamed for small problems that happened in the home. If something went missing in this house, which was a home full of thieves, for example, while suspicion fell on her immediately, it seemed no matter what it was, Even if tensions were just simply already high from drug use or personal conflicts, Suzanne became the easiest target for frustrations to be taken out on. Now, if the insults and accusitions that were being thrown around her way for these things weren't bad enough, the situations eventually began to cross into physical intimidation. On some occasions, she was shoved or struck during arguments, small bursts of violence that hinted at how little control she had over the situation when she was placed there herself. Yet, despite everything, Suzanne continued returning to the house time and time again. To someone on the outside looking in on the situation, it might seem impossible to understand why she would willingly spend time in a place where she increasingly mistreated, But people who knew her later described Suzanne as someone who desperately wanted to feel accepted. She craved belonging, and the older people around Jeane and that home they seem to offer her a version of that, so she would always return, hoping to find that acceptance and sense of belonging. Jean herself still held a power of influence over Suzanne, and even when the relationship had clearly turned unhealthy, Suzanne continued to see her as a kind of authority figure, someone who's approval she still wanted.
Speaker 2: This is really sad because just listening to this, they're taking advantage of hers and it's basically just an abusive relationship.
Speaker 1: That you nailed it. That's exactly what it is. It's an abusive relationship and they take full advantage, and they push the boundaries further and further. And she's a teenager right like, she's a teenager about fifteen right now?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, by late nineteen ninety two, when the story will starts to take place, she's sixteen years old. But the hostility towards her in that house it was no longer like. It wasn't subtle anymore. Like members of the house began to look for reasons to actually blame her for things when things were going wrong. It was like trying to find something to pin on her so they could specifically throw it in her face.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, eventually two accusations would actually become like the spark that pushed the situation into something far more dangerous. Though one of those involved a pink Duffel style coat. Bernadette claimed that Suzanne had stole a coat from her, which was an item she said was worth around sixty pounds. Whether the accusation had any truth behind it or not, it's a little unclear. But within the environment in this home, the claim quickly became simply accepted as fact. Now Suzanne denied taking the jacket, but her protests carried very little weight amongst the people who had already begun to treat her as an outsider in their group. Now, the second accusation was even more humiliated. At some point, several members of the household discovered they had contracted pubic lice, and instead of confronting the possibility that one of them had introduced the infestation into the home, well, the blame was then placed squarely on Suzanne. Immediately, Oh wow, Okay. Now, in both of these situations, it is very commonly believed that Suzanne had nothing to do with either one of them, but those in the house they had someone to blame.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, with the lice thing, she would probably be the least likely exactly for this. And they're just they just they want someone to blame. It's almost like fun or a game to them. It's sounding like it.
Speaker 1: Kind of seemed like it was like a power trip sort of situation, like a game, like they were enjoying it. And like the accusations in this situation with these pubic lice, they turned into actually another opportunity specifically to humiliate her and for them to well get their rocks off over it. So instead of escalating, you know, verbally or anything like that, this group of degenerates forced Suzanne to strip and shave off her pubic hair in front of all of them. Seriously, it was a degrading act carried out while others mocked her and reinforced the idea that she was somehow responsible for the problem.
Speaker 2: Holy, that is okay. Also, considering she's a minor, this is just not okay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a whole plethora of things that are wrong with this, and that's the word for the day, plethora.
Speaker 2: Okay. Makes sense.
Speaker 1: Now, this was not not only her punishment, but in their eyes, also a solution to eliminating a lice. But like the accusation about the coat, there's no real evidence behind the claims. But by this point facts no longer mattered. What mattered was that the group had found someone they could collectively blame no matter what the situation was, and the combination of the these accusations created a shared resentment towards Suzanne among several members of this group. In their minds, she had become both a nuisance and a target. So from that moment forward, the hostility towards her only intensified. By early December nineteen ninety two, Suzanne had begun spending more time away from the house on Langworthy Road. The growing tension and hostility actually began to push her to return to stay with her stepfather, John Capper for a short time. It seemed like she had distanced herself from the group enough where you know, things may improve, But the people inside that house had not forgotten about her or how they had begun to treat her. On December seventh, nineteen ninety two, Jeanne and Bernadette went to go find Suzanne. Now, when they found her and approached her, they didn't act hostile or anything like that. Instead, they presented themselves as if nothing was wrong. In fact, they were even friendly to her. Then they he told Suzanne that someone that she liked, a boy, was waiting for her back at the house on Langworthy Road. Now, for Suzanne, the moments must have felt like her heart was going to explode. Not only was her crush looking to hang out with her, but her friends her social family was giving her a quasi invitation to come back. Despite the recent tensions, she must have still believed there was a place for her among them, and, like many teenagers hoping to maintain friendships, she agreed to go meet this boy. But as I'm sure you've probably already guessed, the story about the boy was a lie. He wasn't there, he wasn't waiting for her, and instead, when Suzanne arrived back at ninety seven Langworthy Road, she walked directly into a trap. The moment she stepped into the home, several members of this group were already waiting for her, and what happened next unfolded quickly. They pounced on Suzanne and grabbed her and overpowered her almost immediately. With multiple people surrounding her, people who were older and stronger than her, she had little chance to fight back or escape. The accusations that had been building over the previous weeks. The supposed theft, the blame for the lice, they were all suddenly thrown right back in her face, all at once. But this wasn't about confronting her anymore. In fact, I don't even know if this was even about punishment.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This was much worse. This was about humiliation, cruelty, and enjoying someone else's suffering. With everyone grabbing Suzanne, she was then forced down to the floor while some members of the group began to cut off her hair. In this attack, her head was shaved bare along with her eyebrows, leaving her feeling disfigured and exposed. Not only that, but with all her hair cut and shaved away, they all made her clean it up herself, turning the moment into another layer of humiliation entirely. But the violence didn't stop there. At one point, a plastic bag was pulled over Suzanne's head, making it difficult for her to breathe as she struggled and panicked while the group continued daunting and attacking her, continuing her nightmare, while she was also pushed and dragged around the house, escalating the situation. While these are certainly physical assaults, they are primarily psychological attacks. Yes, she was harmed, but not exactly injured, if you know what I mean. But it didn't stay that way. Beatings soon followed and changed that fact. As she was pinned, pushed, dragged, and held down, members of the group began to strike her with whatever objects they could grab, whether it was belts, pieces of wood, and large household utensils. All these things were used as improvised weapons. Striking her repeatedly. She was also punched kicked, all while others looked on, laughing or joining in. The assault was severe and intense, so much so that one of Suzanne's arms would later hang limp and useless at her side.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: She was unable to raise or use it, as it was likely broken during the violent attack, like very broken. By the time this assault subsided, Suzanne was already seriously injured. But instead of things ending there, the group letting her go was not a thing in their minds, so they decided instead to force her into a small closet inside that home, where she was locked away and left for the night. Bruised, exhausted, and terrified, she was left trapped inside the small space with no way to escape. There, Suzanne sat in the dark alone, terrified and crying, But little did she know the ordeal had only just begun.
Speaker 2: This is absolutely nuts because she wasn't doing anything they should have just like she was on her way out, basically like they should have just let her go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they physically went and brought her back in to do this to her. Frigg.
Speaker 2: At first, I was thinking they wanted her back because she was helpful. She probably, like you mentioned, watched some of the kids when they were out and did a bunch of cleaning. But they just invited her back.
Speaker 1: To They lured her back. They lured her back for their sick enjoyment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this doesn't even make any sense. These people are just nuts.
Speaker 1: I told you you needed a comfort drink for this one.
Speaker 2: No frickin kidding.
Speaker 1: Now in the morning, the people inside that house still had no intention of letting Suzanne leave, and the violence that had begun the night before was only getting worse. However, Suzanne's screams of pain and cries for help throughout her nightmarish ordeal had started to draw attention from inside the crowd at home, where several young children were also living. Now that presented a problem for Suzanne's captors, so to keep the situation quieter and more controlled, the group decided they were going to move her. So Suzanne was taken away from that house on Langworthy Road and brought to another property associated with the group. And that house was mostly empty, which made an ideal place for what they planned next, because there would be fewer people around to hear her scream and no children present to witness what was happening, and so with this newfound privacy, the situation became even more horrifying. Suzanne was dragged upstairs and she was forced into a bedroom where an old bed box spring had been turned upside down. It was here that her captors restrained her on the wooden, exposed old bed, will call it, just tied her there using whatever they could find, whether it was ropes, belts, electrical cables. They pulled her arms and legs and spread them apart in a star fashion, going towards each corner of this old bed, leaving her completely immobilized when they were done, and to keep her from screaming, they also forced dirty socks into her mouth, gagging her while they secured the restraints. This room would serve as the place where the group returned again and again over the next several days. While Suzanne remained tied inside this empty home, completely at their mercy, bound by her wrists and ankles, unable to move, she was left. Now one thing I'm not exactly clear on. There's some discrepancies in what I found on this. She was left either nude or partially nude, It's unclear, but either way she was exposed in the room while members of the group came and went, with beatings becoming routine.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 2: You know, it's always interesting when something goes on for days like this, because you would just hope that these sepo would have some sort of humanity, you know, one night and be like, Okay, what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Here is very wrong.
Speaker 2: But when it escalates and just keeps getting worse and worse and goes prolonged, I think it just really shows how much of a terrible person you are.
Speaker 1: Well, they are not even in the same building as her either, so they specifically have to go back, yeah, in orders to torture her.
Speaker 2: Gosh, yeah, they have to go out of their way.
Speaker 1: And then not only that, they get to leave and disassociate from their actions too.
Speaker 2: But you would think, say you're getting ready for bed, you're like, you know, sleeping, or wake up in the middle of the night and realize, holy shit, I'm an.
Speaker 1: Asshole, Yeah, anyone with a soul. But these people clearly are not like that.
Speaker 2: Clearly.
Speaker 1: Now, while immobilized, Susanne was constantly struck with fists, belts, wooden boards, household objects, you name it, often by more than one person at a time, and with no way to defend herself because she was tied there, she could only endure the blows as they landed again and again. But the physical violence wasn't the only part of what they inflicted upon her. At various points of the week, Suzanne was injected with amphetamines as well, the very same drug that was commonly used by several members of that group. They injected this they kept her awake, and it kept her agitated, preventing her from slipping into unconsciousness and prolonged the suffering she was experiencing. Members of the group also began burning her with cigarettes, pressing the lit ends into her skin while mocking and taunting her. But this wasn't just a few times. She almost became their ash tray. As they snuffed out burning cigarette after burning cigarette on her exposed skin. She couldn't flinch, she couldn't pull away. At the same time, they introduced a very strange and torturous form of psychological torment on her. Someone had placed headphones over Suzanne's ears and blasted music through them at the highest volume. They didn't just blast music, though. The music they played was the same song on repeat, and it included samples from the horror film Child's Play, particularly the voice of the killer doll named Chucky, who was constantly repeating the line over and over again, saying, Hi, I'm Chucky, want to play WHOA?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is just.
Speaker 1: So cruel Yeah. For Suzanne, the days and nights all began to blur together as the cruelty inflicted on her only continued to escalate with no end in sight. By this point, she had already endured far more than anyone ever should be subjected to, but they also began introducing other forms of it that seemed designed to humiliate and degrade her as much as possible. She was rarely given food and barely allowed any water. She was exhausted, injured, and restrained in that same position for long periods. But Suzanne also had no ability to care for herself, which meant when nature called and she needed to use the bathroom, her captors refused to untie her, and eventually she was just forced to relieve herself right where she lay, leaving her trapped in the filth, with the group mocking her for it now. At one point during the ordeal, the attackers forced Suzanne into a bath, but instead of clean water to clean the wounds, they poured strong disinfectants into the water, a chemical solution normally used to sanitize surfaces. In fact, so with her already covered in burns, cuts, bruises, the liquid caused intense pain as it soaked into the injuries across her body. Then they began scrubbing her skin with a stiff bristled brush, dragging the bristles across her wounds while she screamed in agony. The mixture of disinfectant and abrasive scrubbing caused sections of damaged skin to begin peeling away, leaving raw, open wounds in its wake. After that, Suzanne remained tied to the bed frame once again. By this stage, the group seemed to be driven by something darker, a shared willingness to push the violence further and further, and soon. As the days of captivity dragged on, the abuse inflicted on Suzanne Kapper continued to escalate in ways that continue to seem almost unimaginable to any normal human being. But now it had been days, she was weak, exhausted, barely able to resist anything that was under her, even if she was untied. It was during this stage of the ordeal that Clifford Puk carried out one of the most disturbing acts of violence against her. Yet, according to later testimony in court, Clifford approached Suzanne with a pair of pliers. The group had already discussed the possibility that if Suzanne was ever discovered or her body was found, that her teeth might be useful to identify her, so removing them, they believed would make that more difficult. With this in mind, Clifford forced Suzanne's mouth open and he told her he was going to pull out her teeth, and then he began smashing at her teeth with the metal pliers, strike after strike. At first, the metal tool simply cracked against them, chipping the enamel. Suzanne cried out in pain, trying to recoil away, but was unable to do so so as he continued hitting them again and again, and eventually he managed to grip one of the chipped teeth with the pliers and he began pulling. He began to strain while he pulled, increasing how hard he tugged with each second, until the tooth finally snapped loose with a sharp crack, while her mouth filled up with blood. Then he dropped that tooth, turned back towards her, and repeated the process with another one. Each attempt involved forcing Suzanne's head forward while he worked the pliers inside her mouth, wrenching at the teeth, pulling and twisting until they came free or broke apart. Witnesses later said that while this was happening, Clifford was laughing. He seemed to enjoy it and thought it was funny. When the ordeal was over, he'd taken out two of her teeth, and he kept them instead of throwing them away, as if they were trophies from what he had just done to her.
Speaker 2: WHOA, what a savage mofo. Yeah, this is unbelievable. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's heavy for sure.
Speaker 2: Holy frick. I cannot even believe that we live in a world where people could be like this.
Speaker 1: I know, it boggles my mind. There were several times during researching this case where I had to stop because I was like, what the fuck? Yeah, I needed to like recollect myself before I could read any further.
Speaker 2: You almost want to explain it away, thinking like, oh man, they must have been like on some super drugs or something while they were doing this, because how else could someone do this to another human? But they're just complete monsters.
Speaker 1: I think. So I don't even on drugs, Like, I understand drugs affect people in many certain ways, but I just cannot fathom twisting and pulling people's teeth out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't even know how, Like this is a living human being. I don't understand how you could go on and do this and think of new things to even do and have it be going on so long.
Speaker 1: I know. Now here's the thing though, too. We can go on that drug argument for a moment again, say, okay, yeah, maybe it was drug induced, but this was a pre disgusted situation. But what if she dies and her body's found, her teeth can identify her? Well, we how fingerprints teeth that you know, that can identify her, and what if we remove her teeth? So he literally goes there with pliers to remove her teeth. He drove to another home or walked to another home specifically to go do this to another person.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and at this point, like she I can't even imagine the kind of shape she's in, right, Yeah, Like it's just what you don't want to because it's sad as shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And one thing about this too, with them pulling out her teeth. At this stage, like it was becoming clear that the group was not planning on letting her go and preparing for what happens if she didn't survive.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, at this point, how could you let her go? I think either way she probably may not make it.
Speaker 1: Now the violence had moved beyond the torture and they were beginning to actually think about making her disappear. But during this time that Suzanne Kapper was being held captive, at least one person outside the core group was brought into the house and saw her being held there a witness, and his name was David Hill. He was an eighteen year old who had connections to some of the people involved. Now. David would later recount that he was asked to come to the house and wait there while the others left for a short time. At first, he claimed he did not know what was happening inside the property, but that changed when he was led upstairs. When David entered the room, he saw Suzanne tied to the bed frame. Her arms and legs were still bound stretched apart in that same position she'd been forced into days earlier. She'd clearly been badly beaten, her her head had been shaved, she was weak, exhausted from the prolonged abuse, and the room itself even showed signs of what was happening there too, and it would have been immediately clear that Suzanne was being held against her will. But when she saw David, she immediately tried to speak with him, begging him to help her. She asked him to untie the restraints to let her go, pleading with him to release her from this bedframe so she could escape the house with her life. For Suzanne, this may have seemed like the first real chance she had been given to survive. David was not one of those people who had been torturing her, one of the captors, and if he had chosen to help her in that moment, it's possible that Suzanne could have escaped before the situation escalated further. But David did nothing. Instead of freeing her, he left the room, he went back downstairs, and that was it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, just okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Later, when investigators asked him about the incident, David explained he'd been too frightened to intervene. He said that he believed if he had tried to release Suzanne, the others responsible for holding her might have turned their violence on him instead. Now, whatever the reason for his decision to not intervene, the opportunity had passed, and Suzanne remained tied to that bed, and after David left the room, her captors eventually returned to the torture and it simply continued.
Speaker 2: To go on because David wasn't in the house alone.
Speaker 1: I don't believe so no others were there, not as far as my impression is now. Okay, Now, for many people who later followed the case, David's account actually became one of the most haunting elements of this story because for that brief moment, Suzanne had seen someone that could help her. She begged to be saved, you know, finally thinking she could be let go. But that help never came. She just remained trapped in the house for several more days, restrained in fact, for nearly a week, and the longer she remained alive, the greater the risk that someone else might discover what was happening. Too. Another factor was beginning to worry the group of monsters as well. Suzanne's family was starting to ask questions. Her older sister Michelle had begun looking for her, and the longer Suzanne remained missing, the more likely it was that someone would eventually report her disappearance to the police. So the possibility that Suzanne might survive and tell others what had happened was becoming a very serious threat, something you were alluding to earlier, in fact, saying that if she gets let go, like, what's she going to say and report now? Rather than releasing Suzanne or attempting to distance themselves in the situation, they came to a darker conclusion, one they had already been discussing in passive conversations. They believed that the only way to protect themselves was to make sure Suzanne would never be able to speak about what had happened inside that house. In other words, Suzanne had to die. When the group had agreed that Suzanne needed to be killed, the final stage of the crime began to take shape, and their plan was dark and simple. They would take Susan away from the house, drive her somewhere isolated, and kill her there far enough away that her body might never be connected back to them. On the morning of December fourteenth, nineteen ninety two. Suzanne Kapper had been held captive for nearly a week. During that time, she had endured repeated beatings, burns, and other forms of torture that left her physically devastated. It was on that day that the group decided to carry out the plan they'd been discussing. Suzanne was untied from the bed frame, forced downstairs, and by this point she could barely stand on her own, but she was still conscious and aware of what was happen happening around her. Instead of releasing her, though as she may have initially hoped, the group prepared to move her away from the house. A stolen white Fiat Panda was brought around, and Suzanne was forced into the trunk of the vehicle, with the lid closed above her. She was trapped in the dark as a car pulled away from the house where she had been held for the previous week. Inside the car were several of the people responsible for the captivity, Bernadette, Jeanne, Glen and Anthony. They were all amongst who had taken part in the drive. They left Monson behind and began heading out of the city, traveling several miles towards an isolated area late at night. Eventually the car arrived at Worthern Low, a rural area close to Romley in Stockport, where quiet roads and wooded land made it unlikely that anyone would witness what they were about to do. The vehicle stopped and Suzanne was pulled out of the trunk. She was then dragged away from the road and down to an embankment into a more secluded area. Once they had Suzanne away from the road and down into the secluded spot, the group began carrying out the final evil portion of their plan. Suzanne was stripped naked of whatever a clothing she had left on and was forced onto the ground. After nearly a week of captivity and torture, her body was covered in injuries and she had very little strength left to do anything against what was happening around her. Then one of the group members produced a container filled with gasoline. The liquid was poured over Suzanne's body, soaking her as she lay on the ground helpless. For the people standing around her, they knew they intended to burn her alive and leave her there. Suzanne began to realize this, as well as the familiar smell filled her nose and the liquid was dripping across her skin. It took the group a few attempts to light the gas ablaze, not because they felt any guilt or had heavy hearts. No, it was because they simply had trouble lighting it. But in that brief moment, Suzanne would have felt fear beyond any sort of measure, knowing this was going to be her last moments, knowing that she was about to die and excruciating death after being tortured for nearly a week. Then, without warning, the gasoline caught fire, and instantly she was engulfed in flames. No one tried to help her. They just stood back. They didn't flinch, and they watched as the fire licked against her bare skin, burning her alive. Reportedly, at one point, one of them even began singing the infamous disco song Burn Baby Burn.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, this is just so maddening.
Speaker 1: It's fucked up.
Speaker 2: This is literally how they decide to end her life this way. Yes, that is. It's actually quite hard to believe. I know, this doesn't seem like this could be real life.
Speaker 1: I know. As she was burning, the group then turned and walked back towards the car, as the flames were still licking her body behind them. They left her behind in the darkness of the wooded area, only lit by the flames that were still on her body, leaving the fire to finish what the previous week of torture had started. For those people who had just driven away, that was the end. The crime was over in their heads. If Suzanne's remains were found, her body consumed by the flames may not even be identified, let alone lead back to them. They simply got away with murder, and that was that. But what they didn't know was as they walked away, they left something behind. They left Suzanne alive there in the darkness of the woods, still only by that bit of flame left on her body. She struggled to move. Every inch of her body was in agony, but she forced herself to crawl and roll across the ground until the fire that had engulfed her began to die out.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Dead? Serious? Okay?
Speaker 2: I already thought that this girl's will to live was unbelievable, unfathomable.
Speaker 1: Really, I know. She put the fire out by rolling around, and despite her weakened state, her severed injuries like from all the abuse that she suffered, she had catastrophic burns across most her body now too, Yet she somehow managed to put these flames out. WHOA. Later reports would state that between seventy five and eighty percent of her body had been burned, leaving large areas of skin destroyed and exposed. Her feet had been badly burned as well, meaning every movement caused extreme pain. Yet somehow, Suzanne refuged used to stay where she had been left. Somehow she managed to put the flames out and climb back up the embankment towards the road where the car had driven off.
Speaker 2: WHOA. I cannot freaking believe that.
Speaker 1: Every inch that she moved would have been agonizing, but she continued forward, determined to reach somewhere, anywhere someone that might see her. Then, once she finally reached the road, Suzanne began walking barefoot, severely burned, beaten, broken, She moved slowly along the road in the early morning darkness, her body covered in injuries, but she still kept moving.
Speaker 2: Holy frick, my jaw is on the goddamn ground.
Speaker 1: If you're unaware, If you haven't guessed yet, Suzanne is one hundred and ten percent or badass of the day, because that is unfucking believable.
Speaker 2: That is that rich is like, I cannot believe this because also she hasn't like drank or eaten for a whole week too. She was in the same position pretty much that whole week.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And her injuries are just unfreaking believable. So holy shit, I don't think I've ever heard anything like this.
Speaker 1: It's superhuman, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wild. Now. Eventually, Suzanne's desperate walk brought her into the path of some passing motorists. It was as dawn approached when a group of workers driving along the road noticed a figure ahead of them. At first, they weren't sure what they were seeing, but as their vehicle got closer, the reality of the situation became horrifyingly clear. There standing in the road was a teenage girl whose body had been almost entirely burned. The men who discovered Suzanne that morning were coworkers driven by a man named Barry Sutcliffe. Now, Suzanne Kapper was standing in the road, severely burned, barely able to remain upright. Large portion of her skin were destroyed by the fire, and the damage was so extensive that one witness later described her legs as looking like raw meat. Well, her hands were so badly burned they apparently were almost blackened. Yet despite this condition that she was in, she was still conscious. She was barely able to speak, but when the men reached her, she managed to whisper one thing. She said, help me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well, freaking saints as well for stopping. I just have to say, because I would like to very much think that I would stop. But it says she like, because I couldn't imagine that scene. Though you would think that it was you were having a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Or something, it is a nightmare or scene.
Speaker 2: So thank goodness that they were like, okay, like, holy heck, we're gonna help this girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The men quickly brought Suzanne to a nearby house belonging to Michael and Margaret Coop, who lived close to the road, and they brought her there for help. Once inside, the couple immediately dialed nine while trying to help Suzanne in any way as best they could. She was extremely dehydrated and asked for water, but because of the burns on her hands and her injuries, she couldn't even hold the glass herself, so someone had to help her get a drink even in that condition, though witnesses said they remembered something that stood out in their minds. It was Despite her condition, Suzanne remained remarkably polite, thanking people around her for trying to help, saying please, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Oh gosh, that makes me want to sob.
Speaker 1: Before the ambulance arrived, Suzanne managed to explain through the pain and exhaustion what had happened. She told them that she had been held captive and tortured for several days, and that she knew the people responsible and they were individuals from a specific house on Langworthy Road in Mauston. When paramedics arrived, Suzanne was quickly rushed to Withernshaw Hospital in Manchester. Doctors there immediately began treating her and her catastrophic burns and injuries, placing her in intensive care and attempting to stabilize her condition. Soon officers arrived too, and they despite the severity of her injuries, she was still able to speak with them too. In those first critical hours after being rescued, she gave investigators the most important piece of information that they would receive. She named each and every one of the people that had done this to her. Even with this information, though, the most important thing at hand was caring for Suzanne. Doctors at the hospital immediately knew how critical her condition was, and the medical staff rushed to stabilize her. They began the difficult process of treating her burns, and the intensive care unit now for clarity. In cases of severe burns like this, the body often struggles to regulate fluids and fight infection, and Suzanne's injuries were among the worst doctors could ever her encounter. Nurses worked to clean the damage, tissue and remove dead skin while keeping her as stable as possible, and as medical staff worked diligently, they were optimistic. However, the damage to her body was simply too extensive. No Over the following days, Suzanne's organs began to fail under the strain of the injuries that she had suffered, and despite the efforts of doctors and nurses working to save her life, the trauma caused by the burns and the prolonged abuse had already pushed her body beyond recovery. On December eighteenth, nineteen ninety two, four days after she had been found walking along the road, Suzanne Kapper died in hospital. She was pronounced dead at just sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Okay, whoa, what a freakin' roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, for the love of God, please tell me she lives. And she lived.
Speaker 1: She managed to survive four more fucking days, which I can't fathom that that is incredible on its own.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she is a freakin', like you said, badass of the day. But holy shit, she also deserved to live.
Speaker 1: She did. She deserved none of what she had done to her, not a single bit of it. She did nothing. She wanted to fit in, she wanted friends, she wanted to belong. She did chores, babysat, did errands, she took abuse.
Speaker 2: And she was probably polite and super nice to all.
Speaker 1: Of them exactly. She was literally a fucking angel and they did. Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, Well the only I only can there's only one punishment these people freaking deserve. In my mind right now, I agree with you, And I just have to say one other thing too. If she did pass away out there, they probably would have gotten away with this. They could have.
Speaker 1: They could have.
Speaker 2: Her family may have known some things, but the chances are far greater, right obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's higher chance of like she could have been missing. They might not have ever found her body. Who knows, right, if they found her body, they probably would have been able to pend it on them that sort of thing. Who knows, but I digress or.
Speaker 2: Someone one of them, knowing how freakin creepy ass bitches they are, could have gone back out there and buried her or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, Although Suzanne had not survived, the information she provided to police in those final hours ensured that the people responsible for her suffering would soon be identified. For detectives with the Greater Manchester Police, the information Suzanne gave them was more than enough to begin to move quickly, and in the early hours of December fourteenth, just hours after Suzanne had been found on the roadside, officers arrived at that address that she had provided. Arned with a search warrant, They entered the property and began searching the house. It didn't take long for them to find disturbing evidence to back up what Suzanne had told them. Investigators discovered clumps of Suzanne's shaved hair, along with bloodstains and other signs that a violent assault had taken place. As they continued searching, more items continued to come up that were connected with the attack, and all the evidence that they found strongly supported the story Suzanne had told them from the hospital bed, But investigation didn't stop there. Police were also directed to the nearby property where Suzanne had been held captive during the week of torture. She also told them about that. When officers entered that house, they found the room where Suzanne had been restrained and the scene was horrifying.
Speaker 2: They didn't even go about cleaning anything up.
Speaker 1: Well, this is only hours after they had dumped her.
Speaker 2: But the hair though in the other house.
Speaker 1: For example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough, that's freaking wild.
Speaker 1: I see what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nasty nasty people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gross. Now that bed, the turned over box spring that she'd been tied to, it was still there in the room, along with ropes and other material that were used to secure and tie her in place. The room itself showed clear signs of what had happened inside. Blood and other evidence of prolonged violence were all present throughout the space. For the detectives working the case, the discovery confirmed the scale of the abuse Suzanne had described, and shortly after the search began, police started arresting the people that she named. One by one, they were all arrested and taken into custody. At first, those involved attempted to deny any sort of responsibility, saying that it wasn't them, or was the other people or whatever making any sort of excuse, But as investigators began questioning them and confronting them with the evidence collected and the parts of the story everything that they knew while things actually started to emerge. Eventually, seventeen year old Anthony Dudson began cooperating with police. Encouraged by his father to tell the truth. Anthony provided investigators with a detailed account of what had happened during the week Suzanne had been held captive. His statement helped confirm many of the details Suzanne herself had already given officers and for some of the detectives involved, the case was unlike anything that ever encountered before the level of cruelty he described in statements. All these things and the evidence that supported it, it was deeply disturbing. Even officers with years of experience later admitted they struggled to comprehend how a group of people could carry out such a sustained torture against an innocent teenage girl, but whether they could believe it or not, it happened, and the investigation had now gathered enough evidence to move forward and prove it, and within the next year, the people responsible for Suzanne Kapper's suffering and murder would face their time in court. In nineteen ninety three, the six individuals that she had named were brought to trial at Manchester Crown Court, with the full details of what had happened began to emerge. Over the course of the trial. Prosecutors laid out the events of the previous December and grim detail. Witness testimony, forensic evidence and statements taken during the investigation all combined to paint a picture of a horrific, prolonged cruelty that shocked even those accustomed to hearing serious criminal cases. The jury heard of how Suzanne had been lured back to the house under false pretense, only to be attacked almost immediately after arriving. Evidence showed that she had been held captive for nearly a week, during which time she was beaten, burned, injected with drugs, humiliated, restrained, and the list goes on. Testimony also described how members of the group repeatedly returned to the room where she was being held, continuing the abuse while she remained unable to defend herself. Medical experts were called to the stand to explain the extent of the damage to her body, while investigators described the condition of the room where she had been tied up. The court also heard testimony from the witness David Hill. He recounted how she had pleaded with him to untie her and help her escape, and how he had left without intervening because he was afraid what the others might do to him. Another key piece of evidence came from Anthony Dudson his statement well It ultimately helped investigators reconstruct many of the events that took place inside that house. As the trial unfolded, the judge overseeing the case described the crime as one carried out with sadistic cruelty, and when the proceedings finally came to an end, the jury returned with its verdicts Jane Powell, Bernadette mcnilly Glenn Powell. They were all convicted of Suzannekapper's murder. Each received a life sentence, with a minimum term of twenty five years before they could be considered for release. Anthony Dudson, who had been only seventeen at the time of the crime and had helped police with recounting the full scope of what had happened. He was also sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of eighteen years. The remaining two defendants, Clifford Pook and Jeffrey Lay, were convicted of lesser charges related to Suzanne's captivity. Clifford received fifteen years, while Jeffrey received twelve. In the years that followed the trial, the story of Suzannekaeper's murder continued to haunt the public. The sheer, unimaginable brutality of the crime that shocked the community when at first emerged in court was beyond anyone's imagination, But as time passed, questions of parole began to arise, and the case returned to public attention once again. Although three of the attackers had been sentenced to life imprisonment with minimum terms of twenty five years, the other two men convicted of lesser charges served shorter sentences. Jeffrey Lay, who had been convicted of false imprisonment, was released from prison in nineteen ninety eight after serving roughly only six years of his sentence.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Clifford Pook, who had played a direct role in Suzanne's abuse, remained incarcerated longer, but was eventually released in two thousand and one after serving around only nine frick.
Speaker 2: I think anyone that was even remotely part of this, knew about this, should just never see the light of day again.
Speaker 1: I know now the possibility that others involved in the crime and how they might one day be released two was something that Suzanne's family had feared from the very beginning. Her mother, Elizabeth Dunbar, remained outspoken about the case for many years. For her, the brutality of what had been done to her daughter Suzanne meant that the people responsible should never be allowed back into society. She felt the same way you do, and whenever the issue of parole was raised, she spoke publicly about her belief that those responsible for her daughter's suffering should spend the rest of their lives behind bars. Now, over time, the fear of parole ultimately become reality. After serving the minimum portion of their sentences, several of the main perpetrators were eventually granted parole. Anthony Dudson, who had been seventeen at the time of the crime, was released after serving his minimum term. Later, the individuals who had received life sentences also began completing their minimum sentences too. One of the most controversial decisions came in twenty thirteen, when Bernadette McNeely sentence was reduced slightly after a judge described her as a model prisoner who had shown remorse during her time behind bars.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, Oh, it makes me honestly sick. Like when you were just talking about Suzanne's mom and her having to hear what happened to her daughter. Holy shit, I know that makes me just nauseous because that is just something that a mom should never ever ever have to hear about her own child going through.
Speaker 1: And it would be they would make her sick to herself. It makes me almost sick to my stuffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she I don't even Yeah, Like her life going forward after that is also, you know, pretty messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, now, the decision of lightning Bernadette's sentence because she was a model prisoner, meant that she would be eligible for release sooner than originally expected, and two years later, in twenty fifteen, Bernadette was released from prison. That decision sparked renewed anger amongst many members of the public who still remember the details of the case. For many, the idea that someone involved with such a horrific crime and they could just simply walk free was very difficult to accept, and most of all, for Suzanne's family, the passage of time had not lessened the pain of what had happened. They had lost a daughter or a sister in circumstances that were almost impossible to comprehend. Just like you were talking, No prison sentenced, no matter how long, could ever undo what had been done during that week in December of nineteen ninety two. Now, ultimately all of the perpetrators of the torture and murder of Suzanne Kapper have been released, including Jeane and Glenn Jean in twenty seventeen and Glenn in twenty twenty three. They are all free now, while Suzanne, on the other hand, lost her life.
Speaker 2: Oh man, they're just walking amongst uss eh yep.
Speaker 1: For more than three decades we have sat on this story. Time has passed since she walked down that road, Since Suzanne endured her body being burned, and her strength was all nearly gone. Yet she still desperately searched for help. For many people who learned about this case, it is the brutality of what happened during that week in December of nineteen ninety two that is the hardest to comprehend. The sustained torture, the humiliation, the final act of violence that left a teenage girl she was sixteen, and she was burned alive in the woods. They have all made Suzann's murder one of the most disturbing crimes in modern British history. But beyond the horror of the crime itself, Suzanne Kapper is remembered for something else. Even after enduring nearly a week of unimaginable abuse, she still found somehow the strength to survive long enough to reach the road and ask for help, And in the hours that followed, while doctors fought to keep her alive in hospital, Suzanne spoke out. Her throat was likely burnt from the heat as she was being burnt alive, and her lungs were probably filled with ash and smoke, but still she managed to give police the information they needed to begin their investigation. She named the people responsible. Those statements ensured that the individuals who tortured her would not escape justice, even if it doesn't feel like it was enough. Without Suzanne's final testimony, investigators might have faced a far more difficult task reconstructing what happened inside that house on Langworthy Road. In fact, they may never have found her, and they may never have found those responsible people who helped her in the morning on that day when she searched for help. Also remembered something else remarkable about Suzanne. Despite the pain she must have been experiencing, she remained kind, polite, soft spoken, and thanked the strangers who had stopped to help her. And she simply asked for water while they waited for emergency.
Speaker 2: Services, when really, at that point she should have had about zero faith in humanity. Yeah, so that's incredible.
Speaker 1: It was a small moment of humanity in the middle of her own deeply tragic story. Today, Suzanne Kapper is buried at Blackly's Sanemitarian Manchester, where her grave remains a place for remembrance for those who still reflect on the case. Her story continues to be discussed in documentaries, articles, and true crime investigations, not only because of the cruelty involved, but because it shows how vulnerable people can be become targets in the wrong environment for reasons as simple as wanting to belong. Suzanne was only sixteen years old when she died. Her life was short, shaped by instability and a search for acceptance that ultimately led her into the company of people who exploited her vulnerability and kindness. But the courage that she showed in her final hours walking out of the woods, finding help, identifying those responsible, being polite, they all ensured that her voice would be heard. And because of that, the truth of what happened to Suzanne Capper will never be forgotten. And that's the story of Susan and Kapper.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'm just beyond devastated that she didn't make it. Yeah, I don't know ever, Like because like I said earlier, it was kind of a roller coaster. I was like, holy shit, she's gonna survive. Like I didn't realize this was a survivor story. And then it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I could I could just sob But I went through the exact same roller coaster ride. When I learned about the story, I got to that moment where I'm like, wait, she's a lot. Does she survive? Oh my god, yes, I'm like, you fucking go, girl, don't get me wrong, like you fuck, she still rock that, She's still a fucking badass. For god, I wish she lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like after all that, I mean putting the flame out and going to get help, but I mean, yeah, her body had just been through far too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was she had been through far too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's honestly a freaking miracle that she lived as long as she did. Yeah, from what you've described, what you described happened to her.
Speaker 1: And all those people who did that to her, they're all free. Each one of them could be listening to this podcast right now, in fact, and if you are listening, I want to tell you, guys, one thing, Fuck you. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's like too nice, I know, but yeah, yeah, it's pretty unbelievable that someone could that you could do something like that to a human and then you still get to like live your life, yeah, and in freedom, you know, after however long, right, like I get live your life in jail or whatever. But to be put out and oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And every one of them should have rotted. The guy who pulled her teeth out, the requires smashed her teeth in and pulled them out. He did less than ten years.
Speaker 2: You can only hope that they're just, I don't know, haunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope they're haunted every single fucking.
Speaker 2: Night by this, that they cannot live a proper life because they feel so terrible for what they did, and that maybe they live their life being kind people. But still I don't even freaking give a shit.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I hope Suzanne is haunting each and every one of them.
Speaker 2: But she's not too nice. She's better than that. Wouldn't she wouldn't. She's a freaking kind human walk.
Speaker 1: You're right, well, I hope they're conscious haunts them then instead there. Yeah, thank you guys for being here. This was a heavy, heavy episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look just wrecked. I think we're probably all just wrecked.
Speaker 1: I think. So. It was heavy research and yeah I was kind of heavy getting through it, But thank you guys for getting through it with us. To Susanne, yeah, I a little bit left my drink so for her, And I'm not going to do an end of the episode spiel. Just thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: And until next time, to Susan, to Suzanne, and until next time, stay wicked.
Speaker 1: B