Speaker 1: Man, those guys are so precise when they do that. It's the Ben and Skin Show. It's ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. US is me Kat. We have g money running the board. Tomorrow, Sweet Christina will be back for our best of twenty twenty four Best Audio of the Year show. Kat's gone in there and prepared. Is it?
Speaker 2: Twenty four clip twenty four clips of the Year from the show Funny Stuff. I put it on a Google doc for audience to vote on a couple of weeks ago. Uh huh, and then I tallied up the results and put them in order, and then we'll play them live on the show.
Speaker 1: Not only do I not know the results, I don't even know what the clips are. I guarantee you there will be stuff on there that you have forgotten about. I've probably forgotten old twenty four things, yeah, because I'm old. But I look forward to that. That's always a lot of fun. And then on Wednesday we're off for January. First you'll rock out with your sockout and then on Thursday, Ben we'll be back and we'll have the full crew back at full power for that. This segment is brought to you by Andrew Yeah, I think you get that sound out of my face. Good God, was brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Most delicious pizza in town, not just me saying it, not just Kat saying it. Dallas Morning News readers voted it, and the readers best pizza in town, So so good, five different styles for you to throw down on. They have a great bar. In fact, they carry a bunch of Rollertown beer Works on tap. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina. But man, it's delicious. It's right there in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. Great spot. Take the family, enjoy it. It is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All right, so we have a couple of burglaries in town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of note, Luca's home broken into Friday night, thirty thousand dollars worth of jewelry stolen. His business manager Laura Beth said that nobody was home at the time, so she told the Dallas Morning News. Okay, it happened Friday night, if you remember, the MAVs played Phoenix at eight pm Friday night on the road, on the road. But the reporting is that it happened between five and nine pm. So to which made me go, where's the security camera footage?
Speaker 1: I think they're probably a security camera footage. There would have to be.
Speaker 2: Maybe it just hasn't been a discussed yet. WFA did report that it was through his back master bedroom. Okay, there was a necklace, three ear rings, and four rings.
Speaker 1: Oh so it was just a specific jewelry heist, like they didn't get anything else. Huh.
Speaker 2: That's all we know that they got, so there could have been more. The money, I will say from the WFA report does not match up to thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It matches up to twenty three thousand dollars. Tas maybe like seven thousand dollars in cash was sitting there. Well, go ahead, no, you ahead.
Speaker 2: Well my other question was if no one is home, that's great because he obviously he's got a toddler or an infant.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, and his wife. Uh but doesn't he have like two or three huge Siberian Huskies. He's got some dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like that would not be a house I would want to break into maybe.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's what's going on. There's been a lot of cases of high profile. In fact, the NBA sent out a memo Bobby Portis's house was knocked up. Mike Conley Mike Conley Junior, So they were the NBA sent out of memo saying be aware because it's been going on in the NFL. If this is that same South American crime syndicate that hit up Mahomes and Travis Kelsey's homes as reported, huh man, they're not very good. They don't check the injury report. You got to know that Luca's not running off to go on a long West Coast road trip with a calf strain. Sure like the idea was that this NFL stuff happened during road game. It was in October, right, Well, didn't Joe Burrows happened in November. Jamie binn I found out last night watching the Stars game that had happened to him in the beginning of the season, that this house was broken. Okay, Sagan was the report I saw. Okay, I could it was something start your Stars mixed up. No second, I've always said all hockey players look alike. I don't watch hockey like that. So it was one of the stars.
Speaker 2: But Sagan lives in a nice house in Preston Hollow neighborhood. Yeah uh yeah. So with the n the NBA said, and they've been working with the FBI on this, and I guess the NFL too, that it was a transgender South American theft group.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, dude.
Speaker 2: I love this idea transnational South American thing.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of a specifically transgendered South American crime syndicate because you do not see a lot of that. You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't I apologize as transnational Yeah, uh, South American theft.
Speaker 1: You're always disrespecting the transnationals.
Speaker 2: So Mahomes got hit the night before or Monday night game when they were on the road at New Orleans, and Kelsey got hit during that Monday night game the next night.
Speaker 1: Back to back because they were on the road. That's what I'm saying. I don't think the South American crime Syndicate is keeping up with the news because you would know Luka ain't going on the trip with a calf strand would he Why would he immediately go on a grueling trip to the West coast where they're going to be gone for a week. How does that make sense? Yeah? No, I agree, Well, these transnationalists don't know what the hell they're doing. Well, this is something that I did not know was in the budget.
Speaker 2: At WFAA, Yeah, which is Channel eight, they had a security expert on, Oh, Doug, Doug. And here's what Doug said, like share Madonna's just Doug, gim money.
Speaker 1: We popped me up here.
Speaker 2: Here's my security expert from WFAKA, and this is his advice to those who are being targeted, so athletes rich and their families.
Speaker 4: They will often follow your family members from from the supermarket, from the mall. The biggest thing that I would advise them to do is to assume they are being observed by professionals because they are WHOA, All.
Speaker 1: Right, that was pretty chilling from Doug. I don't like that one bit. Doug dropped the hammer and I can close my eyes and imagine that that is the actor Bob Musgrave who plays Bob maplethort in bottle rocket, which I can see him delivering that. Doug does sound like Bob. They are watching you. They are watching you. Uh man, that's that's messed up. Yeah. And you know what, you know that they're in Dallas. They are They're here. He's transnationalists are here.
Speaker 2: They're here. Then I see some breaking news this morning. Oh no, and I'm a thinking without before I had read any story from a headline perspective, I'm like, well, this is they're going after all the big name athletes because we learned that forty thousand dollars worth of stuff stolen from Dak Prescott's fiance. There are Ramos wait off her person. Well, then I clicked read the article. Oh yeah, read the article. But keep in mind, as I'm reading this, I'm assuming these are all connected.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Sarah Ramos on Thursday day after Christmas, arrived at her Pilates class Thursday morning, and the police report says quote, she quickly rushed inside due to the rain and due to the haste, she forgot to lock her vehicle door. No souse, she after her car unlocked, so that I don't think was a transnational although it could have been Wait, she had.
Speaker 1: Forty thousand dollars worth of stuff in her class. Okay, here is one we need to talk to, Miss Ramos. We do what do you do? We don't, I don't need to, but I need you to slide up into her DMS and talk to her as if she was a Fox four reporter when she.
Speaker 2: Returned and entered her vehicle after the class. Yep, several pieces of property.
Speaker 1: Had been taken. Of property in your car.
Speaker 2: So it's also notified that our credit cards are being used at another location SAP, like one thirty minute Blotty's glass card being spent.
Speaker 1: That was crazy though that someone was someone new. Hey, I'm gonna go look in that car right quick, in this pouring rain and see if I can score something.
Speaker 2: What a weird heightst We'll see if you would just have this laying around in your car?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Designer handbags and wallets from Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vauton, and Prada were all taken.
Speaker 1: You say, bags are jobs? Handbags? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And wallets yep, we're all taking, including and also cash and computer software.
Speaker 1: Wait not, it's okay, all estimated to have some jump drives. What do we doing what do you mean computer? Sounds like she just made a heist of her own.
Speaker 2: Estimated to be forty thousand dollars in value, the bags from all the famous designers.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, cash, that's an inside job, that she's a part of computer software. Yeah, this that this sounds like this sounds like a plot to a movie. This doesn't sound realistic. She had ADOBEA I don't understand. She was doing some edio, some adio on her lighttop understand anymore.
Speaker 2: So when you're thinking those are connected though, y what? So there you go, there's that story. Doug the security expert, the star of the segment. I would say, for what he said, they are following you. It made me realized I don't want to be famous, no, which I don't think I have anything to worry about.
Speaker 1: But that's why I've a you know, just kind of hum drummed around in mediocrity for so long because I don't want I don't want me the spotlight. Yeah, those guys chasing me a bunch of trans nationalists. Uh, thank you, Kevin. That's good reporting. Uh what do you want to do in the big finish? Because we have a lot of options. There's a number of things to get to. What's your favorite thing. I don't think that's going to keep anybody over. I don't know nothing's gonna keep anybody up all right? Coming up next, will we keep people over? The big finish? What do you want to do? We have I've got like five things on the list. Let's do the five things all right? Coming up in Top five Skins, Top five coming up next on The Ben and Skins Show, ninety seven point one. The Eagle