Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to game Breaking News with me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in. Tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're gonna be talking about Nintendo raising prices, but not for switch to hardware as pre order information re emerges.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one because we have two more. Who's saying on the show, Tam, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm okay, you know, I'm alive. I'm living, I am make it. It's Friday. It's Friday. I've I was mentioning to you how my Amazon delivery package driver thingy man, whoever it is, she is straight up lying to me and in app you know, caught in four K on my iPhone, She's being like, oh I left, there's my door, And I'm like, now, you fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's typically before brother, like they say they delivered it and then it will still then show up a couple days later.
Speaker 2: What is I wonder what happens there?
Speaker 3: Like I'm doing to counteract that, I've started immediately requesting a replacement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good call, as soon as if.
Speaker 3: It's not there the time they say it and I don't care about that. It will show up in a couple of days. I'm like, no, I need this, NOUG send me a replacement. Then I have two of the item.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: I am actively defrauding Jeff Bezos, which makes me a good person, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know he's defrauded, defrauding you, right. They just said it was delivering and it hasn't been.
Speaker 3: He can't get his package to me, but he can send a bunch of annoying ladies into space.
Speaker 2: And he can do that.
Speaker 3: You're doing, Why does care your parent need to be up there, Tam.
Speaker 1: I'm refusing to keep up with this. I'm sorry, I don't show up there. I don't know. I I it seems to be like a publicity stunt. And that's as much as I know about it. And I'm like, I don't are you getting out of Katy Perry?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to have an opinion on this one. I want to just go away.
Speaker 3: She's been washed, dried, and re washed. Yeah, that is crazy. You know what of all the times I wouldn't have minded it if like some sort of horrible alien space kind of like situation unfolded, that's the movie we should write and make jan this is how we get our Was it an Emmy or an Oscar?
Speaker 2: You wanted?
Speaker 3: We want the gat you I'm going for an Oscar. Okay, it's time for annoying celebrities go to space and then alien happens. Isn't that just fantastic for no, because the fantastic for America's first family.
Speaker 2: They okay, they're not annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it has to be like Katy Perry and a bunch of equivalents, you know, not actually Kate Perry. You know someone who's like Kate Katy Perry, and you know who's who else is annoying. I can't think of any annoying The only annoying person that is only one annoying celebrity. It's Katy Perry. Ship Katy Perry. Riff Raff can go up there as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: Hulk Hogan, you'll constantly be like coming in like tearing his shirt off, and same brother, and he'll be the first to die whatever the xenimal is in our thing. I think what would happen is he would be these animal equivalent would kill him and then in the next scene reappair wearing his bandanna, and then for the rest of the movie he's wearing that bandanna and it's just like, oh damn, they killed.
Speaker 1: Killed thenomorpho Mania, it's gonna run wild on you, brother, Yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 3: This animal will specifically be like your a racist. IM killing you for that reason only.
Speaker 1: Like it just says that in perfect like English to everyone understands you are a racist, that I'm killing you.
Speaker 4: You are a racist, that I am gonna eat your ass if I make it play the spaghetti I'm coming for your family. Yeah, all right, well I want to watch this. Sounds delightful. It's what we need right now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also, speaking of racist wrestlers, every wrestler is just saying dumb stuff, and more so than usual, they're having a week. John Cena is like, I don't you know, I get the allegations, but I love I love Vince McMahon.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, one, you don't have to say that, just lie.
Speaker 3: Listen, right, Who amongst us genuinely believed that John Cena is a good dude?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I mean listen, I know what it takes to be like in that role at w w E, especially at that time. And yes, uh, I believe he's a little bit of a psychopath, like a low key one.
Speaker 3: He's a likable dude, which is the difference between him and like a hog Hogan. He's he's more charismatic. There's no way that goes a person who goes that America during his act is like a normal human being. Isn't he the one who like appeared and was like, ladies and gentlemen, we have permanently, we have compromised somebody discontinued Osama bin Laden.
Speaker 2: Someone has been compromised to a permanent And.
Speaker 4: The look at his eyes when he says that that's not a normal human being.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, okay, that's not a whole movie. I would have preferred if he did that message delivery instead of doing his like I'm an American Patriot mode, if he was in his Yukon see me, I'm a white wrapper mode. Yeah, that would have been way funnier. That would have been so much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, professor of a Seal Team six anomics, I think is what his character was at the time. All right, let's explain ourselves most weekdays, IGFR, I will help peace your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game breaking news, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the show with Nintendo maintains Nintendo switch To pricing retail preorders to begin on April twenty fourth in the United States. This does come directly from Nintendo retail preorder I know, right, I mean, but that's that's where they have us, right. They're like, yeah, they're giving us the price that we were already complaining about. It's not going up, and we're excited as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And everyone thinks to heroes because they didn't change.
Speaker 1: The price exactly, you nailed it. Retail pre orders for Nintendo switch To will begin on April twenty fourth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: At launch.
Speaker 1: The price for Nintendo switch To in the United States will remain and as announced on April second, at four to four as it was announced on April second, excuse me at four hundred and fifty dollars, and the Nintendo Switch To Plus Mario Kart World Bundle will remain as announced at five hundred dollars. Pricing for both physical and digital versions of Mario Kart World and Donkey Kong Bonanza will remain unchanged as well. They are eighty dollars and seventy dollars respectively. However, Nintendo Switch To accessories will experience price adjustments from those announced on April second due to changes in market conditions. Other adjustments to the price of any Nintendo products are also possible in the future, depending on market conditions.
Speaker 2: So Tam, you know we'll get into.
Speaker 1: The prices, have the right to rob you at any moment, right, Except that's true, right first of all, like they are going to be able to get away with this price, I think to themselves by saying, well, we've got a ton of switches already in the country, will sell those and if things go sideways, we could always raise the price later on the new imports. But you know, I think by raising the prices on the accessories, that's their way of being like let's put a nerd tax on this, the one the people who are most likely to spend the most amount of money on our stuff, like the ones that are the most down bad, the ones that like are just gonna buy the stuff no matter what we price it at. They're the ones that will be disproportionately hit by the accessory pricing because they're the ones most likely to buy five accessories with their switch to because they're so excited, and so we'll have them sort of supplement the cost of everything else going up in terms of our costs. I think that's the move here. You know, it's not the worst case scenario, but it still stinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're either you're taxing the nerds who are gonna people like us who are gonna buy that stuff anyway. That's right, Listen, I am, I am A I think I'm reasonably intelligent, right, I think I can make you think you're very decently good decisions. I'm gonna buy that busted ass camera the moment I get an opportunity, I know that thing is gonna be for AEP and just be the dog shit. It's on like a giant telescopic stand. It looks awful I'm having that. I need that. I need that thing, and you know, when you plug in a normal camera into that switch, is gonna be like, oh, I don't know what this is. This isn't a normal camera. We need our special camera, which is annoying as hell because I've got like one hundred USB.
Speaker 2: Well I think those USB cameras might work. That's the thing. Really, Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Now now I feel even more stupid when I buy that thing and I'm like.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know, I know that too, and I'm like, I'm still probably gonna get that camera.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah exactly. So those are the people are going to get punished, and the other people are going to get punished are the people who are like parents or like buying this switch thing because they watched the Ordly Market and are like, oh, I can get my I can play this with my family members or friends. Right, Oh, these control is two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: What well, let's let's get into that.
Speaker 1: So the switch to four fifty, the bundle with Mario Kart World five hundred, Mario Kart World eight or yeah, eighty dollars, Donkey Kung Bonanza seventy dollars. All those are the prices that were announced on April. Second, let's get into all the things that have now gone up in price. Nintendo switch to Pro controller eighty five dollars, JOYCN two like you know, the Joycon two pair is what they call it here, but it's just basically a new set of Joycon ninety five dollars, the charging grip forty dollars, the strap fourteen dollars, JOYCN two wheel set like the thing that I think you put the controller in for Mario Kart twenty five dollars. The switch to camera is fifty five dollars. Now, the dock set so I guess this is a separate doc one hundred and twenty dollars. Nintendo switch to carrying case and screen protector forty dollars, the all in one carrying case eighty five dollars. The switch to AC adapter is now thirty five dollars. That is actually not the worst price. I thought that, honestly, I feel like they would have charged more for that. And then the Samsung Micro US the express card two hundred and fifty six gigabytes for Nintendo switch to is sixty dollars TAM's holding up a yes, the eight bit dough all, it's just the year two fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is the brand new one. I mean it's a work I imagine on your whatever, your switches, your new switches. I surely unless they actively block Bluetooth devices from working, that work one. Just make sure if normal controllers work on it. Just buy something else, man like and then also don't buy that stupid shit like the wheel. I have like nightmares about that plastic wheel from the Wei era that people bought for Mario car It is the dumbest thing I have. I looked at it and I was like, I cannot believe people are buying this for like it was like thirty dollars or something like that. It was unreal. I was like, this is just a awful, gross plastic. It's pure white. The moment your hands touch it, every bit of grime you're bustard ass has been collecting on your hand is going to be visible. Like, just don't do it, man, just you don't need most of this stuff. Like, let's obviously I'm a Nintendo enjoyer. I'll never be pro corporation. But like sometimes you go to vote with your money, man, and it might be time like this is there's more egregious things that could you could be worrying about in terms of money. But like I'm of the opinion I was one of those people who when work in retail, people be like I want the plastic wheel thing, and I'd be like, no, you don't, man, No you don't. Like, well, why I want? My kid? I was like, you could buy this for thirty dollars, or you could buy another game about that, and the kid will be like, I want the extra game, and I'd be like, this is why you're a kid, You're dumb. Get out, yeah, and why I'm this is why I'm earning minimum wage and you're.
Speaker 2: A child exactly. That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I am with you where it's like I probably will just not get one of the successories that I might have otherwise. You know, the prices have gone up here. It's not like they're going up commiserates the right word. With the tariffs, they're going up like five dollars each. The switched Juo pro controller was eighty bucks. Now it's it's eighty five. The joy Con two set they were ninety dollars now it's ninety five, so it's you know, not some steep.
Speaker 2: Increase, but any increase is going to hurt.
Speaker 1: And this is this is curly Nintendo just being like, let's get a little extra on top. We feel like the accessories will be easier to get away with. The headline will be the switch to is the same price, and we can and we need to get away with something here, And so that's that's the move. I you know, are you surprised that they didn't raise the price of the switch to, Like I know that was kind of your your call. I think you were probably right on the money on that, but you're like, this is their moment where they probably could have got away with something and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Cake of, yeah, they could have. I think that raising the price right now would really hurt whatever momentum they've built into marketing the switch to currently, which as it goes into like the launch period and as we approach like the holiday period, where people are more inclined to spend money to buy these kind of devices and like even do it to the detriment of their own kind of like financial stability to a degree. Like this is around time like Christmas time, people are like, I have to do this. I you know, I know, I've got a bunch of bills to pay, but I got to do this. This is the thing. Like you don't want to risk any of that, and like jacking up the price could be the thing that pushes people off the fence and just be like, nah, I'm not doing that too much. I think it actually works out in their favor to do it on the peripherals, because I believe the kind of markup on that is already pretty high. They're making their money traditionally. That's how unless it's changed in recent times and I haven't noticed it, but like consoles are sold at a loss, where that.
Speaker 1: Is usually do that not the last few generations, but you're right, that's still that is how it works with others.
Speaker 3: But the kind of benefit of that where you make up or the kind of a symptom and the result of that where you make up extra money on games and peripherals, it applies to Nintendo in the same way. They're still making more money peripherals and games even if they're not selling the console at a loss, which means if they're able to crank up the price slightly on those same things. It means that they're making more money than they probably would have if they had jacked up the price of the console itself. So I think it's a very shrewd, very smart move on their part. I think I'm hoping that consumers are a little more savvy, but also like, I don't care if you want to spend your money, do what you want, Like I'm gonna buy I'm being hypocritical because I'm probably gonna end up buying a couple of these things, but just a matter of like, hey, if you have the disposable income and you're in a position to do it, and you need to do it for me, I'd be like, I kind of need to do it because I've got to like play these games and test them and that kind of stuff. But like, don't be I think there's enough alternatives out there now that you can find a cost effective way of getting what you want out of your switch, which primarily for most people are going to be like I want a few people to be able to play this. There's probably more cost effective ways for you to do that beyond the simple and easy thing, which is just order a bunch of Nintendo's peripherals, which is gonna cost you a lot more money.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're right, definitely right that like Nintendo, it makes a high margin on those successories. So that's one of the reasons they do it in the first place. And part of this raising the prices is like, you know, that business, we don't care about being in that business unless it's making us high margins. So returning and like kind of reclaiming those margins is a big part of that commensurate commensurate That's what I was trying to say. I knew, like I knew, commiserate wasn't right. I'm like, that didn't sound right, but.
Speaker 3: It was a right kind of also works as well because no one's yeah, yes, no one less improving. No one's getting more money for the work they do, you know, so I'm commiserate. All right.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, Jamie h just has a little no here. Estimates on the profit margins of the og JOYCN was around forty two percent. So it's definitely smart business to increase accessories over console.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I said. Yep, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: You know what they're doing, all right. I have said that if they released some sort of Donkey Kongo peripher or if they release an arm cannon for Metroid, I'm buying that. I don't care how much it costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I give it to I know, I'm like very excited about Metroid stuff.
Speaker 2: So anything they kind of give me Metroid right now, I'll be all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. You know the other side of this that we you know, we talked about the price. Pre orders do begin April twenty fourth in the United States. That's the you know next what we'll see here? Today's next Thursday. Yes, next Thursday. So now we have that day.
Speaker 3: Should we have a pre order stream party? I think so we all just get on stream and try and pre order the console together.
Speaker 2: Yes? Did they? Did they give us the time of day? Chat? Let us know.
Speaker 3: We did that during the PS five release where we were in a meeting. It was like me, Lucy and I can't remember who also, it was maybe Jordan, and we're like mid meeting, stopped to like just all coordinate on pre ordering the PS five. It was so funny and it kind of was like fun and I think, like that's the chance we have of get of dos and Mitch.
Speaker 1: You know you mean doxy Mitch again. He's already done that on Blake Club once.
Speaker 2: So there. Yeah, that's been scribbed.
Speaker 1: Everybody, don't go looking for it. Yeah, it's okay, Marino, thank you very much as saying it. He thinks it's up to the retailer. Like win on April twenty fourth, could be midnight, so we'll see. If it's a midnight maybe a stream will be difficult, but.
Speaker 3: The stream won't be difficult. It's your commitment, is the.
Speaker 2: Question, right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do I have the internal fortitude to stream myself at midnight trying to get it? And I do so, Yeah, I very much want to like get us together and it's like share tips and everybody like it's working over here.
Speaker 2: I got by you can go now. So that sounds funnyonic that happening?
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here. Mario Kart World switch to bundle will be discontinued this fall. This is from Steven Petite at game Spot during the During this week's Mario Kart World focused live stream, Nintendo reiterated and important fact switch to console bundle that comes with the game. It will only be available until fall twenty twenty five. Nintendo originally announce the bundle's limited availability during the switch to Direct earlier this month, but with pre order delays and controversy around the game's price, this key detail has flown a bit under the radar. But now during that direct yesterday they reconfirmed this and Tam I asked, you, do you believe them?
Speaker 2: Do you believe them? No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe them. That's bullshit. First of all. Secondly, why, like what.
Speaker 2: Well, I okay, let's be cynical. Why Tam, Why would they say?
Speaker 3: Why? Why would you do? I mean, like, I know why. My brain wants to do this to jack up the demand of the jack at the demand, Like what what conceivable reason is there for them to be like, oh, we're only signed this for a little bit of time. You know that console and that game that everyone wants to buy together. We're not going to sell them together for You'll have to buy them separately. That's the only way. I think. That's the only thing that I think would be the reason. Like, when you bundle them together, you usually have to present some sort of discount, right, like you lower the price slightly. So I imagine the only reason they want to do this is to decouple them because then they can jeck, they can. People have to pay full price for both of those things, which means they get more money out of it. But again, like the success of a lot of the Wei, the We You Even and the Switch has come from bundles like combining a console and a game that people really want to entice people to be like, this is the one thing that you buy and you're good for a long time. It's a very boneheaded move from an optics perspective, But I don't know it's it's it feels like they want to do this because they There's something about the way Nintendo is currently moving that makes me feel not great about the attitude towards how they treat consumers. It feels like they previously struck a better balance between like understanding that they are a broadly appeal company with devices that a lot of people want and can also relatively speaking afford right like the Wi was relatively speaking cheap switch as well, like the Wii as well. I think now they've reached the point where they're looking at and being like, all right, we're good. People want this stuff. People who buy our stuff like they don't buy other people stuff usually, so let's jack up the price and take the piss a bit. I feel like Nintendo might be entering it's like take the piss era, which is this feels like a big part of that. Like, I don't understand why you would do this unless you wanted to force people into paying full price for everything instead of presenting a marginal discount by bundling together. I think it was like Wrio was in charge. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think this is very much a warriors in charge sort of thing. I think the cynical side is correct on all this, where it is so yeah, you say it's available through fall twenty twenty five, and then don't guarantee you or will turn it that and after that.
Speaker 3: So guarantee it. They're not saying outright that it's not coming back. They're just they're trying to get you to be desperate in the time.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get you to be desperate now to be like, well, I should get if I want to get that thing, I'm gonna save thirty dollars. I should move like they're getting you to be like, man, thirty dollars is the reason I need to buy it now then you know, let's be real.
Speaker 2: There was like almost.
Speaker 1: Never a moment during the Switch's life where it didn't have a Mario Kart eight bundle, like, and that was always like, hey, this this holiday's bundle is gonna be bundled with Mario Kart eight Deluxe. And then it's like, all right, next year, what's this year's bundle bundle with Mario Kart Eate Deluxe.
Speaker 2: Seven years in a row almost, it felt.
Speaker 3: Like that's the thing they can very easily swap in different games to be it's also a marketing tool, right, like.
Speaker 2: The latest marketing tool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the biggest game or the most important game to them, like Mario Kart is the big one right now. It's when they release Super Mario Sunshine too. Next year they're gonna be like, Okay, this is the one that we're bundling in now. However, that doesn't preclude retailers from bundling it themselves, which is usually what happens. When I worked out retail, there was usually one or two official bundles for uh, the Switch, Don't Switch, the Wei and the we You because they had like the packaging way it was inside and everything like that. However, as a retailer, we had a bunch of bundles that were just like we'd created ourselves, and the company game or GameStop or whatever maybe had decided these are bundles that we're gonna put together on our own and just you know, put it out there. So Nintendo is saying they can't guarantee or be around. I imagine most retailers would just be like, Oh, we're just gonna sell. Is Amazon going to look at this thing and be like, when we bundle Mario Corp. With this, switch to the number on sales numbers skyrocket? Ye, you should do this.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they're going to have to.
Speaker 1: I think that this will this one'll they'll go into supplies last it'll go away and then Nintendo will reintroduce it or they'll This gives them like alls, like the ability to be nimble, right if they do need to raise prices. Well, the five hundred dollars bundle went away, and it's like that was a limited time thing. So this new bundle is five thirty. It's bundled with the game, but you actually have to pay a full price of the game now. But like this is the readily available bundle, so it gives them like a room to maneuver if they need to. And then you know, they could also bundle in different games if they wanted to. But they probably just come back, right that's any minute now. I think they probably come back next year, early next year, after the holidays and be like, hey, the Mario Karmont bundle is back.
Speaker 2: It won't It just won't be that long.
Speaker 1: It's going to be around this entire console generation, just like it was for the last one. So this is them kind of just giving themselves a small out so they can respond based on what the demand is telling them and what people are saying about the price, and then now what they have to deal with in terms of global trade embargoes and things along those Among those lines, I hope.
Speaker 3: This is a Nintendo generation where they make sequels to the worst games that they've ever made, Like what Marrial Sunshine? Okay, no arguments. Crossbow training mis Crossbow training is all right, come on, man, you're better than that.
Speaker 2: It's all right.
Speaker 3: For what it is, Nintendo games are out there that.
Speaker 2: They yeah, arms to re armed.
Speaker 1: Scott the Wahs just just did a video and I haven't watched it. Mike was telling me about it, and he's like, he mentioned that Donkey Donkey Conga mentioned Donkey Conga is one.
Speaker 2: Of the worst. Yeah, you know what, I'm thinking back, Donkey Congo.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking back on playing Mario Sunshine, and I think the game is not good. I think it's made made much worse by the god awful Nintendo GameCube controller. I think that's that's where I stand with it.
Speaker 2: Controller is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Game controller is not good. I'm not hearing this, man. Every button is a different shape and size. Shut the fu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're different, buttons recording to get rid of anyone is different.
Speaker 3: That is insane behavior. Like every design principle is broken by that thing. It looks awful, it feels awful. Every button is a different shape and size. There's no assistency with like how any of them feel. It is easily the worst controller that has ever been created, after the Nintendo controller.
Speaker 1: I like the controller, but I do find it difficult to defend because my my bar for is this a good controller is how easy is it to play Tony Hawk with it? And GameCube is a bad control to play Tony Hawk.
Speaker 3: I remember playing Sunshine and being like, I cannot play this game because I've pressed the button and now I've just realized I've pressed the button down. If I press it harder, it's another button. And what the what's going on? And then there's one button is the size of my fist, and then there's this other button right next to it. Now there's the size of like a penny. What's going on? Why am I? What's going on here? What's happened? I'm just I don't understand it, like one bit. I feel like I don't fundamentally trust anyone that says the gamekeep controller is good, okay once they say. If someone says to me, I think the game control is gay great, in my brain I filled them into a different bucket, which is like, if you're about to get by a car, I ain't saving your ass.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a lot of Melee fans that are gonna be killed in your world, tam.
Speaker 3: Old the West people in the world. I get it.
Speaker 2: No an argument for me.
Speaker 1: Uh all right, let's see here Nintendo. Did Nintendo justify Mario Kart World's eighty dollars price tag? So the direct did happen yesterday? Steve Watts at GameSpot wrote this story, but this is something a lot of people are talking about. Hey, that direct happened. I think people's expectation was one we'd get like some new surprising thing from Mario Kart World that people really didn't know about to make the direct makes sense, and then a lot of details about why this thing is eighty dollars, and people didn't feel like they got either of those things. I thought it was a good direct just because I'm like, very excited about this game. But the common response has been this is it's still not worth eighty dollars. And yeah, if you were watching that direct to be like, tell me why it's eighty dollars, what are you doing? Like, it's like, of course, it's just another game and they want more money. That's all that is the BS excuse that they gave about, oh, there's so much content in here, so that's how we come up with the price. That's a lie. They were lying to you because they're a corporation who wants your money. So of course that was never going to be in the direct. That was never a real thing. And if you look at this game and you say it's not worth eighty dollars, you're right, and you don't have to buy it for eighty dollars, and I just wouldn't if that's how you're feeling. I don't blame anyone for just sitting out on it, because a game should try to win you over and convince you that its price is actually correct.
Speaker 3: Here is a long and short of though all. Nintendo has always maintained that it believes that it's games are worth a premium, even in an era where the hardware that runs the games is older and behind its competitors. Nintendo's focus has always been, and their statement, their kind of perspective has been, we make amazing games. We are going to charge what we think is the most fair price for our perception of what we believe these games are, and that has always been full price. It's always always been why they also never discount their games. They've been open about saying, we don't discount our games because we don't want to reduce the value over of our games.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We now live in an era where Nintendo believes that is still the case, and they believe that their games are good enough that they can charge a premium price for it. That premium price no longer being sixty dollars, but eighty dollars. You can talk about, you know, economic context and the actual amount of content in there until the cows come home. Ultimately, they just think that this is how much their game.
Speaker 2: Is worth, like how much they can get from you for it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they believe that this is how much that they can get from you. Okay, doesn't really matter if you think there's not enough content in there, or you think there's not new or fresh idea enough. They believe this is how much is worth and that's how much they're going to charge, and it doesn't matter like we can talk about how much is in there and all the other factors that play into it. They are impervious to those lines of thinking that could work in any other console or any other publisher, any other developer. Nintendo has just got a history of being stubborn about it, and it will maintain that way. Now here's the interesting part of it. Nintendo, as I mentioned, never ever discounts their games. But the games have been this high since Supernintendo and Nintendo sixty four era.
Speaker 2: Right Yep.
Speaker 3: The question now becomes like do they stay at eighty dollars or is the price high enough now that they've given themselves a buffer zone where they can discount every now and then, because.
Speaker 2: I couldn't one thing, probably not.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, like, the one thing that I really think about is like Nintendo's E Shop is the most unenjoyable place to go to when you are in the mood to buy a game. You are correct, You go in there, and none of the games that they make are ever even on discount, like very rarely?
Speaker 2: Are they very rarely? And then when they are just counted forty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the amount of times I've purchased a Nintendo game from the E shop is minuscule.
Speaker 1: Company I talk about like the Animal Crossings and the Mario Karts, even like the Yoshi games that are that you know, aren't selling twenty five million copies also going to go down to forty five like once every two years.
Speaker 3: Even if I get like a second switch right and I want I want to download another copy of you know, I want to buy another copy of whatever game. I'm not doing it. I'm not buying it from your like, I would rather find a physical version of it and pay a premium for that. I think now we might be in a position where potentially they could be like, we're gonna drop this five dollars because they are missing out on digital sales, Like they create a digital store space where their games don't benefit from it at all. Right, you go in there, you never most people never buy all, Like, if they're like me, they never buy a Nintendo game from there. So they're just running this store for other people. So I imagine now they might be an opportunity for them to be like, well, if we just take the price down a five dollars, ten dollars, we get some digital sales too, Like that could be yeah, it could be beneficial to us. So maybe there's something in that. But I hope so we can't we can argue about whether these games are worth eighty dollars. They do not care. Okay, so they made people, Yeah, they hired people, they to make those games, and then they went through the trouble of putting those games out. They're going to charge it at the price they think is fair, and eighty dollars is currently what they think is fair.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 1: And like you know, if we're asking the why, you know that's that's sold plenty of headlines yesterday?
Speaker 2: Why is Mario.
Speaker 1: Kartt World eighty dollars like the real answers Just Mario Kart eight Deluxe sold sixty million copies. That's the reason they think it's worth eighty dollars. It's completely disconnected from how we feel when we buy a game it has. Those two things have nothing to do with one another, is what Tama is saying, and I completely agree it's and that that's what's so frustrating about the way this stuff always works, is like we think we're in this relationship with these companies to be like, you know, you convince me to buy your product. It convinced me to spend that much money on it, and they're they're just not even looking at you. They're looking at a chart and they go with what they can get away with. So yeah, of course the game is not worth eighty dollars to a lot of people. And yet I still think it's gonna sell. It's probably gonna be like up there as the second third best selling game of this year and one of the top ten minutes. I mean, granted, Thought of six is coming out this year and that's multi platform, so that'll be tough.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know.
Speaker 1: You're right, it could still be Mario Kart, and then Mario Kart World will be one of the best selling, you know, ten best selling games of the year, like for the.
Speaker 2: Next five years.
Speaker 3: So going coming out, Doug.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right, because I counterpicked it in Fantasy Critics, So I think that game is coming out.
Speaker 2: Yep. Uh.
Speaker 1: In that case, then I do think Mario Kart could very easily be the best selling game of the year.
Speaker 2: All right, let's you know what, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, there's one more Nintendo story to get into, or at least update on, and then we'll get.
Speaker 2: Into the rest of the drags for a Friday right after this. All right, we're back at it.
Speaker 1: Jeff grub two more, who's saying game breaking news, thanks for watching.
Speaker 2: Nintendo has now removed all references to VRR for TV play. This is from my Nintendo News.
Speaker 1: We talked about this yesterday, and I think at the time I was not like this was kind of happening. The things we're getting removed. I thought this might have been VRR in general. It seems to be just for VRR on TV through the doc VRR is still mentioned on in videos like a blog post about the switch to for handheld and they say specifically in handheld mode, but VRR references on all websites now. Yesterday they had removed it from the Nintendo website for like Japan, the United States, and a few other regions, but it was still up on the europe In site. It has now also been removed from the European site. To me TAM, this says that there's some some issue with getting VRR running on whatever they're doing with that doc. The doc seems to be using some I didn't look into it too much, but there is like a an adapter built into the dock to make you know, the USB C work with a displayed port technology that Nintendo's using. Seems like they might not have that ready to go at launch or maybe ever, because now they're just removing any reference to VRR and they're not giving more information about it. The VRR as a variable refresh rate g SINC. Free sync enables your TV and your console to update at the same frame rate, so it looks much smoother than if you're the game is running at forty five frames per second and the TV's going sixty and there's you know, frame frame timing, frame pacing issues. This solves a lot of that this, you know, it's it's a bummer, it's weird. I'm happy it's still in the handheld mode, but I do wonder what's going on.
Speaker 3: Very surprising that they doesn't. I would think that it's it would be the other way around, like they would prioritize making it work for TV mode and less so on handheld mode. Right, Like, it's very weird because there's some control over the display in handheld mode, whereas on a TV and who knows what TV that's being plugged into, you know, So it's it's kind of interesting and weird that this is going on in that way. Yeah, I mean if they think, I don't know, like are those are they running games that where that is important? And I imagine Nintendo probably is like, ah, this doesn't really care. We don't care about this. But it's also a.
Speaker 1: Very Nvidia thing because Seanan Chad are saying this is specifically the proprietary g sync tech. Now they've opened that up in a lot of ways over the years, so it does work on stuff that's like free sync and VRR like generic VRR, but these this technology technology is in Nvidia thing. So you say Nintendo that might not care, I think could be pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also I think that this is something that can they can very easily like update the console with later.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what happened to PlayStation five. So yes, I was trying to remember, like the PS four probe was the PS five PS five launch without VRR about two two and a half years later got updated with VRR finally, So the same thing could happen here.
Speaker 3: I think as long as it's not going to be an issue, as long as it doesn't become evident that VRR is missing missing in the games that they put out, Like if you're playing Metro Prime and it's a mess, then people are gonna be like, well, it's the VR, that's what was why this happened. I don't think. I think they're confident in at least the first crop of games that they're putting out to not be noticeable. But how many issues with it? Yeah, which is definitely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's you know, they have a handful of games that are going to run at more than more than sixty frames per second, and I imagine in those cases VRR would be very handy to have, because are we really going to get a solid one hundred and twenty frames per second from Metroid Prime For we might, but we might not too. To one hundred and twenty frames per second is a lot that's difficult to pull off. So in that situation, I see VRR being would be great to have, but also higher.
Speaker 2: The frame rate is actually a little bit less important.
Speaker 1: VRR is because it becomes more difficult to notice screen tearing, and when frame pacing is off a little bit, that's much more noticeable. In the thirty to sixty frame rate range.
Speaker 3: You think much Red Prime Fur is going to have multiplayer?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we're I think we're far past that. Do you Is that something you would want?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not know, but I would. I definitely want to see Nintendo do it so I can see I can enjoy them flying downstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they might know better.
Speaker 3: I played much to Prime Hunters on DS and it was easily one of the worst things I've ever experienced in my life. By it was hilarious today and.
Speaker 1: I really want to play Metric Prime Hunters on Giant Palm again.
Speaker 2: I put the.
Speaker 3: Dongle that lets you connect to the internet using the Yeah, and it was atrocious. Still, I was there, I was playing. I was one of those people playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the Internet being annoying as hell of I can.
Speaker 1: But you were you in a clan? Were you in the Metro Prime Hunter's plan? Because I know someone who was both of you.
Speaker 3: To think that I have friends that would want to play Metro Crime.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I think that's the Yeah. They're at a point now where it's like they have Splatoon right there. They don't need to force a multiplayer shooter into metrod anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh all right.
Speaker 1: Xbox hints at Indiana Jones sequel and says we think there's a lot, there's life in that franchise. Yeah, we think that we can make more money from this is Randy Robinson at BGC. Microsoft's Gaming Boss is hinted at a future for the Indiana Jones franchise within Xbox Games Studio. Following the positively received release of The Great Circle Machine Games I call The Fantastic Circle personally the Machine Games Indiana Jones and The Fantastic Circle was released for Xbox and PC in December to positive reviews, massing over four million players, according to Microsoft, with Machine Games currently working on DLC for the game and a PlayStation five version releasing this week. Microsoft Phil Spencer was asked by Variety whether the company has larger plans for Indy, and he said, I will say we're really happy with Indy and the players and the reception.
Speaker 2: Spencer responded, we.
Speaker 1: Do think there's life in that franchise, and I'm just gonna leave it at that. We're launching on PlayStation here pretty soon. I think that'll be a cool moment. My expectation here is that if they can get away with doing a trilogy, that that's what they're going to aim for, right, That's one they're feeling like, Okay, you think so too?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely. And I think maybe the next game in that series probably launches day and day on PlayStation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I think, well, depending on how it performs, Like I think they will be monitoring to be like, how to see how much their interest is there is on the playstafe. Why not at Yeah, And like if you're trying, if you're if you want to, you know, you've got this license and you want to try and make the most of it the best thing you can do is put it out on moreiple places around when there's a zeitgeist around it, right, Like, so I imagine they would be cool. I wish I would prefer if Machine Games did another Wolfenstein or something else of their own.
Speaker 2: I wish for the End of the World trilogy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's not the end of the world. If they go back and do another indie for another thing, and I don't know, maybe maybe let them do a one for you, one for us kind of thing. Let them make another Wolfenstein and then go into another indie game. I don't really care about Indiana Jones, so sure. I played that game to completion and I thought it was It was okay, it was fun, But like, I don't have much affinity for Indiana Jones as an ip I do for Wolfenstein, though, so I'm inclined more that way.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I I love Indiana Jones, but at this point, I'm like, man, Wolfenstein's super important to me, So I wish they could finish out that Wolfenstein series. I just wanted to kill Mecha Hitler. I. You know, it's the I feel like we got that. You know, we weren't explicitly promised that, but I feel like we were promised that, and now we're not going to get a chance to do that.
Speaker 2: And they're not going to put mecha Hitler in Indiana Jones, but.
Speaker 3: On a on a game where he play as a dog, and they call it Wolfenstein.
Speaker 2: Wolfenstein, Yes exactly, come on, what said bj Barkowitz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a dedicated bark button and you can use it like it's knock on the wall thing to lure people to you.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: You go, imagine playing that game and you get to kill Hitler as a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the dream, right there. No more petting dogs, just uh get Hitler with dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like it yep.
Speaker 1: And and he was like a game that really hit pretty hard for me. I I I do like Indiana Jones a lot, like I said, and that game I thought was very well done. But you could also just tell now that they have that foundation, a sequel is going to be so much better.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So I kind of wanted, I'm like, where are you going to take it next? They have this whole world didn't go to h with with Indiana Jones, so I'm like, I want, I want to see it. Although I think sticking with killing Nazis is probably a smart idea.
Speaker 3: Oh it's coming, I guarantee it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, Star Wars Outlaws switch to release date confirmed and a Pirate's Fortune DLC trailer revealed. Star Wars Celebration is happening. Is is Lucy actually in Shoot Japan for that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: She out there? Is? She's doing a panel.
Speaker 3: She's presenting a panel for the new Star Wars game coming out of this one. There's another one that they.
Speaker 2: The bit Reactor one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bit Reactor one, which sounds a really really cool. I can't looks good. Remember the name of it because.
Speaker 2: It's Zero Company, and you can remember this. You remember this. It's z Com instead of x Com, z.
Speaker 3: Calm, and that is probably the star Star Wars game I'm most excited about now very quick. She's doing a panel with debts for that and we'll be talking about it. So if you spot her on the broadcast anywhere, make sure you give show us some love. But yeah, she's over there. She's in Shoot Japan.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I'm I'm happy. That's very cool. I've never into Star Wars Celebration. I think it's pretty niche. She could go the one.
Speaker 3: One in London. They had it in London one time. It was great, and that was when I wasn't even like super intest. I guess it was post like Force Awakens. So I think Force Awakens is where I was like, oh, I should pay attention Star Wars again, I care about this. Yeah and yeah, So I remember enjoying it being there. I think I enjoyed other people. I think I enjoyed the fact that British people got to celebrate Star Wars because most of the time, whenever any of this stuff happens events, it's always in America, right, So we had the most British Star Wars nerds, which means like people dressed up as Luke Skywalker but with bad teeth.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna say Imperials because all the Imperials have British accents. But it's like now still looks Skywalker, but there is one key difference, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah, Star Wars Outlaws.
Speaker 3: It came out of the Senate.
Speaker 2: He's the false oy gov.
Speaker 1: Star Wars Outlaws switched to came out last year at the Ubisoft game They have been working on DLC. That DLC is called a Pirate's fortune. It is coming soon. Let's see, here was the date. Well, the the switch to version of the game is launching September fourth, though it is yet to confirm whether that will release alongside the DLC. And then I don't know, maybe the DLC does not have a release date. I put that hereman, Oh okay, let's see yes, well, okay, yes here it is a Pirate's Fortune. The second of two planned story packs for the game will be released on all formats on May fifteenth, the UBI Soft has confirmed.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the date. It just slipped my mind. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Star Wars Outlaws is a game that like got okay reviews, but a lot of people just were not in the mood at all four because where Star Wars is at, I get it. They have tried to like make this game matter again. Do you feel like they've had like made any inroads to accomp pushing that or is this one of those games where it's like, man, they're putting a lot of efforts in trying to get more juice out of that squeeze, and that it's all or not.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's all for nought. I think there is enough of a community there that they probably feel it's worth their while to produce more content to it for it, or at least make good on the content they plan to put out there. I think that it hasn't made a big splash, despite being a pretty well made game and generally receiving positive feedback. I just don't think it. I think like it didn't hit in the way that they thought it would. And yeah, I feel like a lot of the air has been kind of like sucked out by the Jedi series, which is I think what we're learning here is people don't really want to people don't really care about anything beyond being a Jedi too much when it.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a Star Wars fann and that's like I don't need to be a Jedi anymore.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think the minority.
Speaker 3: I think I'm there on paper, but the kind of bounty hunter experience, I've not played a good bounty hunter experienced game yet. And even like, yeah, Outlaws isn't great, Like I don't really because it just fundamentally comes down to like you're playing a third person shooter in a lot of ways, right, whereas like the Survivor games are a little more up my alley. I just think, Yeah, I think there's not a lot of room for multiple Star Wars games that aren't like exceptionally good. Like even Battlefront was like a flash in the pan, like it kept going for a really long time and it had a lot of drama behind it, but I think people fondly remember it like Battlefront two two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, down FRONTO is the one that you had the most drama and did for quite a while, and people are that's actually pretty good, and everyone's like, yeah, well we're we're okay.
Speaker 3: I think I think that having said that, there's still a lot of mileage to be kind of like gained out of Outlaws. I think there's a I think they can I think it has a future both in games and outside of games. I think like they if Lucas or whoever Disney's smart enough, they would start thinking about how to integrate the games into their non gaming worlds, Like calcasters should be showing up elsewhere now to kind of bolster whatever's make things matter.
Speaker 1: Because I think that was the big that's the biggest problem with a lot of the Star Wars stuff right now is yeah, people want to like they want to spend time watching movies, but they like movies that they feel like matter, especially when they're part of a greater whole. That's why, like the solo a Star Wars story, other than fallowing up last Jedi and all the crazy stuff that was happening there, everyone it didn't matter to the overall story that was being told, like just like by the it's very nature and everyone understood that, so it just didn't feel necessary. And I think like crossing over and making like making these things interlock a little bit more, they can make it matter. I mean that's you know, indoor stuff right now is like, oh this matters to explaining the world and like what it would be like to live in this place and be just a normal person trying to scrape by, And that's what's given it a lot of juice and a lot of this other stuff just doesn't have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would like to see like a Kves, right, that's the name of the character something like that. Ye, yes, yeah, yeah, I would like to see k like pop up in something else. I think that would help you. Like the books, yeah whatever put out comics that little freak is cold as well, that hangs around.
Speaker 2: With yeah yeah, yeah, her little freak freakings and stuff.
Speaker 1: I continue to think, like I said this right away, Star Wars Outlaws in five, six, seven years is going to look be looked back upon much more fondly than it was greeted as. So, yeah, just give it. I give it a little bit more time. And I said, it's it's not great. It's good, but there's parts of it where I'm like this, it's fantastic. And that's like the walking around. It's got the best walking around of any licensed game ever in terms of just getting the vibes right.
Speaker 3: Here's here is my here's my take on Star Wars games. They need to stop making Star Wars games where you're like a good guy or the or the you know, the light side of the story, the good side of the story. I think the Star Wars game should be more dark side stuff. Like I was way more interested in Force and Leash than I was in any of the Star Wars game because it's like you're you are Darth Vader's homie and you see what happens from that point on. Like I would love it if they just stopped doing because the kind of like hero story in the Star Wars to me is boring. I find that stuff really lame.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought Outlaws would work, right, because it's supposed to be like, it's not explicitly dark side, right, but you're like you're in the underground, the slimy side. But you're right that even that it's not working as well as I think, Yeah, ultimately likest around with the evil powers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, ultimately you're a scoundrel, you know that kind of stuff whatever, But ultimately you are a Han solo as a good person at heart, whereas like I think, you know, Force and Leash, you basically go into that game thinking I'm working for Darth Vader. This is going to be dope, and it is dope for a really long time. And then you know that character goes on a starkular goes on kind of like a journey, which I think is way more interesting, and that also fulfills the angle of exploring parts of the universe in a different way that is more intriguing that and Or does. Because and is just like Andor is for me, I don't not super into and L. I think it's fairly plain, but what makes gives it legs like we've never seen this kind of side of it, and it's very much like ordinary person just making it at work, you know, and if you explore like the dark side or like you know, you're putting some really shitty positions and that is how like your journey goes. I think that's way more interesting. Like do do a proper Darth Maul game, Like, what is the story of Darth maure We know the story of Darth Maul Mama.
Speaker 2: Actual yeah, or animated animated series. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like it's good. You know, he's in the movies, gets divided by two and then pops up again later on with robot legs, and like there's a lot of material for a.
Speaker 1: Game though, you're right, yeah, in a game that's like ideal, ye give you actually, you know, go even more souls Born olds Born game with Yes, come on, dude, like he's from that, Like he's from that that four Switch planet, so you could just do crazy four Switch giant monster enemies and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: That yeah, and like if you want to make a call mode, you can have him get cut in half and you control.
Speaker 2: The perfect all right, tam, I want to thank.
Speaker 3: You your two hosted Dolph model. One of you can punch and the other one can only make a kick.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's perfect, Tam, thank you, because I know stars is not so much your thing right now. You but you entered, humored me, and you gave me a lot there, so I'm gonna reward you are Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Give me some good stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, well you tell me if this is good stuff. But I know it's your your wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Diablo for Crossover features the greatest manga of all time, shot bared at dual Shockers. As a Blizzard franchise, Diablo has crossed over with other series owned by the company in the past, including overwatching StarCraft two. On rare occasions, it has dipped into other franchises, such as the Nintendo Switch version of Diablo three, featuring content from the Legend of Zelda series, including a couco I never cucko, I never know how cocoaturate a couco. The twenty twenty five roadmap for Diablo for was looking pretty bare, even though it hinted that there would be crossovers with new ip. The official Diablo Twitter slash x account has confirmed that one of these crossovers is with Berserk. Tam Berserk and Diablo Does that sound good to you?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 3: Right there?
Speaker 2: Yep, there he is.
Speaker 3: It's funny, but it's a real cocko right there, Yep, it's funny. That emailed me though, like, hey, we have a collaboration coming up. Would you like to learn by it's with a Japanese ip, and I've replied is a berserk question. Damn, how did you like? It's the most obvious thing any anyone has ever created?
Speaker 2: And they're like, Okay, you think that's just a good thing. I've never read Berzerk. I tend to. I want to. It's like, actually online, I'm gonna go to the library. Good.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good fit. I think what most people will be reacting to right now is being like, yay, berserk, Oh Diablo right?
Speaker 2: Is that what at?
Speaker 3: I don't which I get, but also don't kind of think it's Diablo four is a decent game, Like it's a good game. I think I am. I know people get real upset and edgy about Diablow Immortal. I'm not as much into I think I was a bit more sketch, but that last Diablow game was good. I think I enjoyed playing what I played of it. But with that in mind, I think that the world of Berserk fits nicely in there. Diablo of four especially, it leans more, it leans into being a little more dark then Diablo three was three was like we kind of sterile or or like more approach, but it wasn't. It didn't have that Diablo darkness that people wanted for it. So I think there's a little more mileage to work with for Berserk there. I don't expect Guts to show up or like you know, Cosco or Griffith to pop up. I think it's more a case of like, here's a big sword. This is the Berserk sword, which is fine, like that's that's cool. I'll take that. People who are actively playing Diablo will just be like, okay, cool, big sword, good stats on it. Whereas if you're like, as a Berserk fan, I'm not currently seeing anything or heiring anything that's like I'm reinstalling Diablo. Sure, so I get I get it, like it's it works, it's cool, and if you're into that, have fun.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well that's gonna do it for the headlines everybody. But we have a poor question to get into. Let me get mine up here so I can get the results for you. I'm gonna refresh yes. We asked who has more aura, and we gave you three options and they were image options. It's Mariachi Wallawigi, Bumblebee Warrio or traditional Japanese GARB Mario and fourteen percent with Mario, twenty four percent went with B Warrio, and sixty one percent are down with the riz that is Mariachi Wallaigi. Can you have a favorite answer? That is yeh.
Speaker 3: The problem is the aura on Mariachi Walluigi is kind of serial killery.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, like that.
Speaker 3: That is a like I have done crime and I will do crime again.
Speaker 2: Aura right now, Like I'm just between crimes right now. That's yeah, you mean there.
Speaker 3: I'm on crime cool down, but I will be back soon, you know what I mean? Uh huh, but I respect that is fundamentally the question was who's got the most aura, not who's got the most good aura?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Correct, The most good aura is viously Warrior.
Speaker 2: Yes right.
Speaker 1: If you if I saw in reality, yeah, Warrior looking exactly like this stresses a Bumblebee, I think I would just follow him. Yeah, wherever he's going is going to be a good time, So I'm just following him.
Speaker 3: I want to be friends with that guy. That bumblebee guy on a bike that is way too small. I want to be friends with that person, Mario. I'm like, I'm going to check some registers to make sure you're not on more.
Speaker 1: Yeh, all right, well we got our results for that. We got a new poll question. We'll get to here in a second. Before we do that, Tam, tell people what you what you have going on, where they could find you on the internet, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Apparently I have a tommyache, which means I will be spending a lot of time in the toilet. If you want to join me, you can find me at mytoilet dot com. Otherwise I'm on everywhere at tomorre h follow me on Instagram. I started teasing my I feel like I've just constantly been saying I'm coming by the twitch streaming. I am, seriously, I am. I've just been like figuring it all out. I put like a bunch of artwork, not clips. I'm like some snippets of my artwork that I got done really streams. It looks really cool, done by the one and only Jerum. It looks so nice.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: That's all like some of my like holding screen art, which is cool. So I'm gonna be coming back to that. I'm on blue Sky tomorreh dot com. What is the up for today?
Speaker 2: Up? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're playing rematch the FIFU from the people who made Seafoo.
Speaker 2: Rocket League with people we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get how did you get that? So?
Speaker 1: I did get a code, but that is not applicable because this is an open beta that just opened up. You have to register your interest on Steam. I think they're letting people in. Jan registered his interest this morning. Jen, have you been let in yet? Do you know if you I guess you might not be able to check his code okay, yestion code okay, so but you could reachter your interest and you should be able to just get in there. We're gonna try to run with a pretty full team. Oh, it is not open sean Stan is not open, but you have to, like you just reagister your interest.
Speaker 2: That's like, how did that?
Speaker 3: I didn't receive an email, which I can only assume is down to like some severe racism.
Speaker 2: Almost certainly.
Speaker 1: Yes, but yeah, we'll be doing that and we're gonna probably play as a team and go on there and challenge other teams and we'll see how that goes really looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: I think that game looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: So that'll be later today. But up next is it says your game spot after dark. So latest episode of the podcast coming up.
Speaker 2: Look out for that.
Speaker 3: Everybody will be running earlier because we had nothing but positive feedback on people like can we have this earlier please? And we were like, hell, yeah we can. Nobody said that. We just wanted to make earlier, so.
Speaker 2: I want it now.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh god, yeah, that's a good point. The show shows late on a Friday. Ara Pane all right, let's see here. Yeah, no power Bomb cast, at least.
Speaker 2: Not this week. We'll see. We got many happen.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I've not been I've not been given the clearance to say any of this. I'm not gonna say anything specific, but if you're in the area, maybe you should go to PACs East this year.
Speaker 2: I you know, I think we're.
Speaker 1: Good to say that, Like we're gonna be there like that because we've submitted our panel stuff.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna be exact timing.
Speaker 1: Like for sure, but like it's Friday, Friday and Saturday, we're gonna have stuff.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be cool. There's gonna be some fun surprises there. Well, there's one thing I'm most looking forward to, and it is meeting a core member of our team that none of us have actually met in person before, which is very exciting.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll be.
Speaker 2: There Friday, Saturday.
Speaker 3: Let's just Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 1: Friday Saturdays when we'll have stuff front like there will be Giant bomb our team stuff happening on those days. So if they're trying to like schedule it because you want to see us, thank you. But those are days who's try to aim for? The black Club thing's supposed to be on Saturday, so, uh, and Mike won't be there, so you go, you have to scene.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna play Mike on this episode? Yep? And you know why he's not going to be there, right, Tam.
Speaker 3: He's moving house because he dogs himself.
Speaker 2: That's a good second guest. But I know he's going to be at Disney World. Oh all right, let's see here. We bet you what's happening now. We'll be back next week. Jane, Are we off on Monday? What?
Speaker 3: No? Or not?
Speaker 1: I can't because I think because it's you know, Easter this week, and I couldn't remember if we were off on Monday or not.
Speaker 3: We care about Easter.
Speaker 2: I don't, and I was just kind of hoping others would so I would get the day off. But okay, I don't know. I think I was told we don't.
Speaker 3: I checked the other day because I despite living here for five plus years now, I still don't know what's a holiday on isn't.
Speaker 2: I can't remember either, Tam, do again if we.
Speaker 3: Have Easter off? And they laughed at my face, and I was like, listen, I don't care.
Speaker 2: All right, Well forget Jesus, then we'll be back on Monday. Look out for us.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the meantime, though, tomorro who saying, think, oh wait, did I get the new pole question?
Speaker 2: Let's see what did I say? Those gonna put there? Oh yeah, did Nintendo justify eighty dollars Mario Kart World to you? Yes?
Speaker 1: No third optionist. I don't know, but I'm buying it, So go ahead vote on there. We'll get the results on Monday's game breaking news here on the Power Block with Giant, Giant Bomb and Game Spot.
Speaker 2: Speaking of all that good stuff. Yeah, well, look, get in there.
Speaker 3: John moved it so it's full screen, and it did it on my screen. I was like, oh, but listen, I just clicked the video.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Star Wars Battlefront two people said yay over neay for both the two thousand and five and the twenty seventeen version, and then Sunshine was voted officially a bad game by our check. There you go, all right, Tam, thank you so much hanging up with me and talk about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, So it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.