Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host Sean Garmery with me jusual mister Mark Morrison, and well it happened. We said it. You know, it was probably gonna be the big topic of the show. On last week's episode, Developer Direct occur. We got the big surprise announcement of Ninja Got In four plus the Shout It Up and Ninja Got Into Black and the other three games that we always need are going to show. So we'll give our general thoughts on the direct and then the games. And also Phil Spencer did some interviews a few podcasts kind of talking about the future of Xbox and why you should buy the console, the next console anyway, and you know, plans about games coming not coming whatever, you know, the things that we've heard many times. But he went on and talked about him again and a few other Xbox notes at Gears now has the co developer Gears E Day, I mean, and some of some other things on Xbox. Also some things with Sony ted Price retiring from Insomniac, news about the Horizon MMO game, also some other things. Mark is going to be talking about POPEA and rebirth on PC and more. Oh right, so just go ahead and get this out of the way here with the housekeeping. We do appreciate y'all. Whether you watch live, watched later on demand, or listen later on podcasts, that's great that you do. We appreciate that. But you can watch us live. So if you're you know, subscribe and ring the bell, you'll get a notification when we go live on YouTube, W two network, Facebook and Twitch network. On those as well, you can watch us live. It's always Monday evenings or say and if not, you can always watch later on demand as well. On YouTube goes up right after we end the live showing, and then you can also listen later. It comes out pretty quickly right after we do the live. On YouTube. You can listen to podcasts as well, so go check us out there. Just go look for us on video games, Cinemax, on the podcasts wherever there are podcasts you like to listen to, Spotify, Apple, iHeartRadio, YouTube music, all that stuff. You can listen to us on those and many more places. And if you subscribe to the YouTube channel, you can also get our other shows that we do so if you enjoy anime, you get our anime show with Talk to Cafe. They pretty much keep up with all the seasonal anime and talk about a lot of different ones each week. So if you like to keep up with the seasonal anime the winter season going on right now, be sure to check them out. You can go listen on podcasts call Talking Cafe. And then the rats are broadcasting and doing all the movies, TV shows, all that stuff. They just reviewed the Star Wars Skeleton Crew TV show. They did a Wolfman review as well some other stuff, so go check them out if you're into the entertainment side of things. So that's about it's I also did a demo impressions on a game that I'm also reviewing. I'm not going to talk about it because technically we're not so they don't want us to talk about any part of the game. But I did a demo impressions for a big Helmet Hero So if you want to go check that out on Ada Haven, I have the link in the description. Did you do your review for Ubert on PC?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I submitted it yesterday, but a problem up for a few days.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll check on that while we're doing the show here. So with that said, let's go ahead and get going here with the Xbox Developer Directs twenty twenty five. Addition, I think this is probably the best one. I know, there's not a lot to go on. They've only had three of these, but as far as like the quality of games, giving you firm reduces on three of the four. Three of the four are coming out pretty quickly here and the winter to spring ish time. Yeah, the big surprise, like I said, was Ninja gutten four, which, hey, credit to you. You you're the one that said it was probably going to be a Ninja Guiding and not only Ninja Guidi four, but also Ninja Got Into Black, which is basically a remaster of Ninja Gaiden two but now done in a real unreal five with spicy graphics. And then this is the definitive edition Ninja Gotten two now, which obviously those of you that have heard I did a review with the master collection that released. It is also on game Pass that has the Sigma one and two, which are considered inferior versions of Ninja Gaiden. They're the, like I guess, easier versions of the game. So if you want to play, which you can buy Ninja guid in the original, the Xbox Original Ninja Goayden Black on Xbox for like it's on sale for five bucks right now. So if you want to go playing Ninja Gouden one black and then also build playing Ninja Gotten two Black, you could do that. It was cool that we got that shadow drop on game pass. But what do you think of what they showed in Ninja Gotten four with any protagonists and.
Speaker 2: All that that looked good? Like that takes you kind of the highlight for me because you know Platinum's doing it. Uh, you know, it looks like good Platinum, not bad Platinum.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's extremely in their real house, you know, Revengeance or Near or you know, even Vanquished for an extent, so looks good. Like one of the bosses really looked like Near also because it was like some female looking robot with like red interview spears coming out of it. I'm like, yep, I know what Platinum this is. Uh, you know, I don't really care about the the hero necessarily because I'm sure like it'll be different. You know, it's not gonna be like, oh, pick pick whatever hero you want to. You know, switch between both of them different, you know, depending on the story's dope.
Speaker 1: At first, I thought I was like, Okay, are they gonna do the the rating version of this? So we're just gonna not be around for ten years and then we're gonna come out with a new protagonist that nobody knows, uh right, kind of weird to do that. And then you know, later in the trailer, they're like, oh, yeah, you're gonna play high boos as well, and they should offer you know, his typical big moves, and I was all in after that. I mean, it looks really flashy. Yeah, so that's all I need to know exactly. That's that's what you definitely need to know that he did. Some of the bosses look awesome as well, and then hey, you know, it definitely looks like it's going to have more of that Platinum Games kind of flair with the Tim Tim Team Ninja kind of neo influences there too, So I'm sure it still has the flashy combat and maybe it's a little bit slowed down compared to you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks faster. I mean that's what they were kind of HARKing on, which is fine. You know, Yeah, as long as I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what matters. But I think definitely it's gonna be good. I don't think we need to necessarily worry about that too much. It has the English voice acting as well, which is cool. So yeah, Fall Lives. I'm sure we'll get the release date probably like during the summer showcase thing.
Speaker 2: By then, the story kind of made me chuckle because they're like, oh, Tokyo was in ruins because the Dark Dragon is raining or whatever, and yeah, what's the rest of the world look like? Could be funny for the rest of worlds is like, fine.
Speaker 1: The dark rot or whatever is happening there.
Speaker 2: In the rain. Yeah, but it'd be funny. I like, all the rest of the world is like fine, you know, definitely right, Ah yeah, look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's gonna be on game Pass as well, so you know, at first, I thought this was gonna be kind of like last year where Visions Amana was shown and it was not Game Pass, which I think is the first the only time so far in the three years that they've had a game that was shown that wasn't Game Pass.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I mean, as you got into okay, I kind of understand because that was all originally that you know, that was an Xbox game that then got poured it over to P three and then they show that Xbox is publishing Ninja Gaiden four, so it's like okay, And apparently, according to Phil Spencer during his one of the interviews, he said, you know, this is why he was going to Japan, was they were actually kind of you know, trying to get everybody together with quotech went on Team Ninja and Platinum.
Speaker 2: To be able to do this right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said it started the way back in twenty seventeen, so not sure when the actual dev cycle started, but the fact that they started like talking and everything all the way back then, that's kind of crazy that they were able to keep this kind of secret for so long, both of these games really and like not have any of it leak. I mean, yes, there were people that were really speculating that it was going to be Ninja Gaiden as we got closer and stuff like that, but it was never like, oh it's leaked. It's officially this right, which is very rare nowadays. So pretty cool for them to kind of be able to keep that under wraps. And then I felt bad for Southam Midnight to come after two really flashy games.
Speaker 2: So I did. I actually just watched this direct like an hour ago or an hour and a half ago. I think that game looks bad. And there's two reasons why. I think the stop motion cinematics are kind of iffy, let's say, compared to like the extual gameplay. And like, I guess this is the first time I kind of really watched the gameplay and like what they're kind of trying to say, it reminds me, do you ever play uh, Imagine and the Forsaken Kingdom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I played that for a little bit.
Speaker 2: It reminded me a little of that, but the big game, but the big game. This game reminds me of his first spoken or yeah for spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people were saying they're spoken.
Speaker 2: But that's not good, Like I mean, I mean, but the comment.
Speaker 1: Doesn't seem like forst spoken. It feels like people are saying for spoken because it has the black.
Speaker 2: I mean that that's partially like the uh you know, black main actress or main character, like kind of being sucked it from the real world into like the santasy world. Yeah, a chunk, but like even like it's not really the Parkore but like the combat was very sport for spoken, like the fact that you had this like, ah, what was it crawfish or some type of fish thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the catfish that you kind of ride around.
Speaker 2: That's like the imagining thing to me because you had to like doling guy in that thing who was like the combat basically in that thing. But like it's like this, okay, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they, I mean I can kind of see that as well. I don't necessarily I don't think you're gonna get the at least I don't know if you're gonna get the the thing with the cuff and the main character that was kind but yeah, definitely, I don't think they is probably this game strong suit. I'm gonna be honest, Like it does look kathered. I'm like, okay, you're just like walking up to the character. You're gonna do some kind of flashy moves stuff like that. The bosses do look cool, which I think is neat like the whole like I think you're coming to this for the characters, the whole atmosphere around at the folklore. Maybe the story is gonna be good when it's all said and done. I don't necessarily think the combat is gonna be the most notable thing about this game. It's also apparently really it's also kind of a shorter game. It's also like eight to ten hours, so, which I think is better for compulsion, because you know, we know what happened with We Have a Few. They kind of trying to make that game much longer than they probably should have been, and that kind of hurt it. The longer you're playing that game, the more you see its faults. So yeah, if they kind of keep this snappy and they don't sit there and try to have you do like bazilion side quests and whatever and get you through to the story that they want to tell, I think that will keep it from that. I think that would keep it like around still a good game or you know, very good game, instead of being what happened when We Have a Few necessarily.
Speaker 2: So right, even the contrast didn't like blow the doors off or you know, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: It didn't either, you're right about that, which that was another one that like looked really cool and everything is just yeah, the gameplay was kind of right. Then after that, they showed us a lot of France to show us the mansion that their standphone Interactive is making clear Obscure Expedition thirty three, which obviously is the RPG inspired by Final Fantasy and other j RPGs. This is also apparently not it's got a budget price on it, and it's a you know, it's not a fifty sixty hour game that you're used to with these you know, RPGs. It's a much shorter game like supposed to be like thirty hours twenty five to thirty hours, which uh, you know, honestly, with with all the big long games that we had last year and stuff like that, I'm I welcome a shorter RPG that I may be able to actually finish. It still looks cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The story is obviously, I think for me like really intriguing. That's what's gonna grab me. They showed a lot of the like systems that are in there, like there's a whole menu of like passive abilities of early that you can.
Speaker 2: Put on that looked really nuts or like, yeah, this looks overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Like because I mean definitely you can tell like the there's double A influences in here, like you know some of that some of this stuff kind of doesn't look as crisp as say you know, we're gonna talk You're gonna talk about rebirth later. That maybe isn't going to hit that, but still, I think if they can deliver a great experience. I also like the like Baboon party member that they kind of add here at the end too. He looks kind of cool. So yeah, I'm down for this game. I was excited the first time we saw it. See more of it. I wonder how big, like the actual like exploring in the world is going to be, because you know, again people are kind of used to like these Is it going to be more like open zone. It's just like we're just seeing a small part of this and it's not necessarily this you know, big huge world or whatever. I'm interested to see, like when we get to the actual game, how much more of this? And then obviously the combat is it's awesome if it actually you know, delivers on how cool it actually looks when we play.
Speaker 2: It, you know. So yeah, yeah, I'm excited for that too, Like you know, he's like thirty or forty hours. That should be good.
Speaker 1: For sure. So aside, you know, then they ended everything with Doom the Dark Ages, which is a prequel to Dune twenty sixteen and Doom Maternal, and then they kind of showed off that this game is the antithesis of both of those games. It's good. Yeah, well, Doom Maternal was really good. It's just I think a lot of people didn't. The reason why I think they went in the direction that they went in for this game is that there's a lot of people complaining about it was too fast, too much jumping. They didn't want to be doing that necessarily. And then you know, you get the the like the whole story thing and the background to that and everything else, which I thought that looked really cool. They showed up off the mech dragon thing that you're gonna be able to ride in this, which looks pretty awesome. Anything you see you said it like that. The reason why is that it's gonna be good. Why you say it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I don't like any I don't think I feel like any Doom, like maybe like the first one, like the Super Nintendo. I mean that's what I played it on. But like I didn't like doing twenty sixteen at all. I think I like, stop playing it with like a half hour or maybe like an hour. I'm like, this is kind of boring to me. You know, I didn't play Eternal. Their whole context sensitive thing seems a little weird in this one. For the shield, like, and they think they have like three melee weapons and they don't. Functionally they all kind of like look like they were doing the same thing, so it's like, why do you why even't have this? You know, and when you throw out the shield, it reminded me of like the razor wind from to Rok to fair Enough. Yeah, that's a timely reference, I'm sure, but you know, I guess it. It looks fine, I guess, but I just don't like their way, you know, their brand of like first person shooter. Necessarily we'll see, and if it has Ramire's head't it, I mean, I may give it a shot, but.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. I mean, I know it's not for everybody. I'm kind of on the other side where I really enjoy Doom. So let's see how if this one strikes that perfect balance where like Eternal was really well liked, but you know, the fast game plan and it didn't necessarily work everybody, And in twenty sixteen was kind of liked as well. But I don't remember getting like a lot of the press the Eternal did. Obviously, Eternal is kind of also more well known because it was along with Animal Crossing, was like the first game that came out when the pandemic police started. We were all sitting at the house, so you know that that's kind of a thing as well. But I think, role, where where did you sit with this? Like as far as like I guess a showcase? Did you like how they do it them talking to the devs telling you things?
Speaker 2: And yeah, it was fine. I guess I would prefer, you know, maybe like one or two more games and then shorter sequences or so shorter thing. You know. Ah, the way they filmed it was kind of weird, like especially the first part, I don't know, they did it a few more times, like they hit that like really weird close up, like slow mo close up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love those. I don't know why they think that's cool. Yeah, you know, it's like we're trying to We're trying to make it seem like they're going out there to play some football game or something, right, and it's like, yo, they're literally just walking to go to their computer. It's like, I mean, you're you're trying to It's it's not that cool, right, but I guess they have to spruce it up right.
Speaker 2: Times.
Speaker 1: You can tell, especially like the Dune guys made fun of it obviously that they were kind of like reading from a script. They're not just like off the cuff giving you their thoughts. It's kind of obviously like written for them to say this and this and this, and then we're trying to, you know, have it fit in this night neat Little Bow of Black forty five ish minutes. They really went long on the Ninja of Guiding part too. There's times where it's like they're redoing the same footage again because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't need to like have like five minutes to vote it to a Ninja Guide in two Black either it's okay, yeah this is out a trailer and like hate this out now. Yeah, didn't talk about it for five minutes it to Ue Engine five, and I mean I get it.
Speaker 1: I get in a way they wanted to kind of show off the whole like, okay, this was really redone. It wasn't just you know, oh, we didn't just port this thing over here or or just kind of like oh, slap some things on her here so we can call it Ninja, gutten too, Black at right, they really did spend some time with it or whatever, So I kind of get that. And then also the whole like sometimes people there's a lot of talk and the whole console Warris stuff about like oh, Xbox Series can't really do under Real Engine five and all that stuff, And I think that was kind of them trying to be like, oh, yes we can, here we go. You know, I don't know about Series US doing a lot of great stuff with that, but at least you know, a Series X definitely can handle it. So I mean, I thought for sure this was a this was like a nine out of ten showcase for the forty five minutes. You got Boom boom boom. Four games. I'm excited for all of them. You've got April eighth, April twenty fourth, May fifteenth, back to back to back. Basically interesting that they chose to like make the gap shorter between I mean I understand that clear obscure. Maybe they don't necessarily control when it comes out because it's a third party technically, but well, so you know, so nin and Black so right, Benager, gut and Blackhead, that's in the fall. I mean, they still got they said that it's like what eighty percent done or something like that, they still got time to cook on that, but they do control South and Midnight and Doom, and it's like, it's weird that you left the shortest amount of time between South of between the RPG that takes around thirty to forty hours to Doom instead of doing it the way around where it's like, if South and Midnight supposed to be like eight to ten hours, I would have made the gap shorter between South and Midnight and Doom instead of clare obscure and give you a little bit more time if you want to go. People to go day one on all of those. But definitely, I mean that's good that in the time that we're still waiting on what's gonna happen. I mean, we're gonna know what announced by then for Nintendo in the switch to but while we're sitting there waiting for when that console's going to release, this stuff and Xboxes already, Xbox is really going to be the talk of the town. I feel like this this year with you got a vowed Defebrary eighteenth, then you don't have to wait that long before you get sought the Midnight. There might be something else in between there as well in March, and then uh, you know, you get Claire Obscurer and Doom after and you still got let's see what happens with Fable, Let's see what happens with Gears E Day. I don't think I would be astonished if both those games come out this year. I think I think one of them. I think one of them is getting delayed. It feels like, do you need to have every Yeah? Yeah, do you need to have every banger coming out this year? I don't necessarily think you do. There is a report going around that supposed to Gears E Day is coming out sooner than a lot of people expect, So maybe Gears E Day is going to be the November game, and then they would push Fable out to next year, kind of like they did with the Vowed, where it's like, Okay, we already got enough, we don't need to have both of them. And then you have something else, you know, coming in between there that you know, maybe we just don't know about yet, or you know that whenever they're doing that Oblivion remake, which seems like it's kind of just a matter of when they announce it and not if anymore, but we'll see also moving on from that to another some some Xbox stuff here, because, like I said, Phil Spencer, and I'm sorry for people that are like always watch us and stuff. We're going to talk about stuff that we've kind of talked about a bunch of times, because it feels like every time we talk about Xbox this kind of stuff always has to come up right, which is understandable on the way people want these answers, but also I feel like, how many times is Phil Spencer going to say pretty much the same thing until people kind of get it this This is the most you're going to get when it comes to him answering the question of what's going over to PS five and what's not kind of thing. Really quick before we get to that, they did announce the what's coming to Xbox Game Pass for the rest of this month and then the like first week of February. Oh, I lost I lost mark there for a second. So tomorrow Eternal Strands is out. I'll actually have a link in the description. Keith actually reviewed that for the Outer Hayven gave it a pretty good score, so you know you can go read that at your leisure. But it looks like it's going to be a pretty pretty good game at least, and for it being on game Pass, that's a pretty good get there. Orcsmos Die Death Trap, which is the newest orchsmos Die, is also coming out the same day tomorrow. It's going to be on game Pass. Also, Sniper Elite Resistance is coming on the thirtieth that's going to be on game Pass, which is not the next iteration Snapper Elite, but it really is almost like an expansion of five. It has a lot of the same.
Speaker 2: Which is yeah, you know, it's not like they're not the wheel over there.
Speaker 1: So the thirty first CE Citizens Sleeper two Star Star Ward Vector, which is Citizens Sleep for one was like one of those big indie hits, So let's see if this one is going to repeat the same thing. Mostly, there's a lot of games that have already been out that are now going to be on game Pass standard. The ones that I would really pay attention to kind of is you haven't played in its galling Pats of the Goddess, Definitely go play that. There's also Chia, which was on PS plus when it first came out, and it's out there in the case of the Golden Idol if you like those detective games, definitely worth checking out there for sure. And then I know you didn't like this mark, and I know I probably wouldn't like it either. Uh far Cry New Dawn is gonna be the February fourth game. I guess you'd be soft is just giving that out there. Probably not gonna move a lot of move a lot of units there. That's the like, isn't it like almost like the would have been DLC.
Speaker 2: I didn't play that one, I don't think, And I guess like the co Op one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that's the one that came after five.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah I did play. I did play this one with the stupid twins, the two twins. Yeah yeah, so uh.
Speaker 1: And then I would mention if you haven't bought or played Desk Door, definitely go do that. It's leaving on January thirty. First great indie game that everybody should go check out for sure. And if you like puzzle games, my Kett's pretty good as well. So that's it for the game past stuff. So definitely, like you know, as you're probably watching and listening to this, Eternal Strands is out, you can go play that, and then some of the other games will be out in a couple of days afterwards. Starting with the Phils Spencer stuff, there's two podcasts that he date interviews with like basically almost have to like one after the other, and then they you know, they released them on their own time frame, one with Desin McGarry who recently left IGN and decided to do his own thing on YouTube and Patreon. And then it's Oh my god, Danny Penya and Paris with their why can't I think of the name gamer Tech Radio. They've been around since like one of the first ever gaming podcasts, since like two thousand and four, two thousand and five. You know, they've had Spencer on a couple of times. They had him on for like there his one thousandth episode and all that stuff, and now they had him on for this. So the consensus with both of them was they asked the question of what's gonna happen with games going over to PS five? Are there more games going Destin asked specifically about Starfield. Phil Spencer basically kind of reiterated that same thing that we've talked about a bunch of times about the No Red line. No, I'm not going to put a fence around certain games. We are not going to gate keep games away from any system where they can gain fans or possible players. We are going to support switch To. He's already talked to Forkawa personally. He said, so we know that those rumors that have games that are coming to switch to are probably more likely more than not likely true. But he's not going to say no, that game is not going to come. But he's also not going to say, oh, definitely, this game is coming. I've seen a lot of people complain that they should He should be telling people when games are coming, like when cific games are coming that what if I buy the game on Xbox or whatever. What if I'm buying waiting for that game to show up and now I don't know and the waiting event is like where do you live? To me, I feel like number one, he doesn't owe you an answer, and then number two, it takes away some of the mystery of when they actually announce it. People get excited if he just goes and tells you straight off, Oh, on April twenty something, we're getting Starfield. On June fifteenth, you're getting Halo master Chief collection, Like, where do you land on that? Do they need to just give you the whole slate right now or they need to just do the thing that they've been doing.
Speaker 2: I mean you literally just praised them for their developer direct for them doing three concrete release dates so well.
Speaker 1: But these are games that have already been out. They're just deciding when they're going to PlayStation five or switch to. I mean, like, why do we need to have concrete dates for that if they're going at all.
Speaker 2: The reason they don't want to give concrete dates is still trying to milk Xbox fans to hopefully buy you know, people who might have both consoles, like, hey, hopefully buy Starfield on this on the Xbox, you know, like once they go, hey it comes out May twenty fourth or whatever, it's like, all right, well, most whatever people left it would be buying Starfield for the Xbox. They're not gonna publy buy now. Yeah, definitely, I I guess I would like it, But I also don't know like what, like what games are coming. And I still think that their whole philosophy of like no boundaries or no fences or we only have the dog training fence for for Forza or whatever, Like, uh, it's like, why, okay, why do you have a console? Then? Like Sega got out when the Dreamcast slopped and or you know, when several consoles flopped and they're like, all right, fuck it, and now they're probably in a better position than they were back then.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean they're still making consoles because why not? Why why not give people an opportunity to still play? I mean, for one, I think game Pass doesn't work if you don't that's for most.
Speaker 2: Because the whole philosophy is like, oh, you can play it on your TV, you can play it on your phone, you know, right.
Speaker 1: But the the majority of people that have subscribed to game Pass, which you know, they need that revenue stream, are on console and they want to play games that way, and it's still the lead.
Speaker 2: Well cut out the console and put game Pass on PSI.
Speaker 1: Uh he kind of says that. Actually, Uh, the answer his answer to that is we want to be able to give the experience the best experienced Xbox experience possible. H But we can't because some places are closed.
Speaker 2: And because you're fucking competitors. But if you eliminate that console, you're not competitors anymore then your cooperators.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he's really a cooperator that's also has a console. It's just Tony. Uh, Sony and Nintendo are not going to allow game pass on their console.
Speaker 2: There will well Nintendo won't, but Tony will if there's not an Xbox console. I think Sony, who we saw, you know, their stupid uh you know, membership platform is on PS five, e A whatever that that thing it's called is on PS five, like the Saint hard if. I mean, I'm sure if EA made a console that would be ripped off on PS five day one, you know, or you know, like the second they announced it, they're like, okay, no more EA membership program on PS five. Why because their competitors.
Speaker 1: Now, right. But I definitely think that the more and more these games come to PS five and if every single look at uh they released the the top games of the whole year, and see a Thieves is on there flaystation. So let's say, you know, you release Starfield, you release Gears one Ultimate Edition, Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo five, whatever fours, their Rise in five and they all sell like crazy on PlayStation. I think the more that that keeps happening. I think somebody starts seeing that, oh Xbox is really trying to work with us. They just want to sell. They want to sell.
Speaker 2: However, Okay, yeah, it's the same argument I have with like the epic game Star versus Steam, and this happens Final Fantasy obviously. But let's say, for is the Motorsport five solos, I'm going to use just basic numbers or five five copies on Xbox and it goes to PS five and then it sells fifteen. Shouldn't that tell Xbox like, hey, why bother making this one at all when you could make it for PS five and sell twenty or you know even more, This is the cost of like making the console is immense and huge, and they're still like in the hole probably from making that, Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, he he talks about that because, uh, you know, Paris asks him straight up, what's the point of buying an Xbox console at this point, and he says, well, you know.
Speaker 2: Pretty much probably pass game Pass game.
Speaker 1: He really didn't, he really didn't mention game Pass as that he says that they are looking to innovate with their console and that their console is going to be do something different than what Sony's console offers. I really don't know what that is at this point, other than being completely open, which he's talked about.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, connect three point zero making it once.
Speaker 1: Again definitely not uh, but that's someone that I can think of. It is that he's going to be completely open. He says, they already have a deal with Epic, you know, the only one that obviously he would He has a gave right there next to him and Valve. Could they work out something where they would allow a version of Steam OS to be on Xbox and Steam gets some kind of cut or of every sale or whatever that happens to the Steam OS. I don't know, but that's something I could think of. Is that basically the next Xbox will be a PC straight up with an Xbox OS, which they're they're heading there. He talks about that as well. He says, we want to build an Xbox OS so that when we have our handheld, well we have our next system. You're using a version of Windows that is basically built with Xbox in mind, so that if you want to go to a desktop with your handheld, you can, but you will be an Xbox OS thing first and then obviously I don't know if it's going to be open to be able to have Steam os and other stuff on there.
Speaker 2: So I don't even trust them to make a good OS now computers, let alone for a console.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, definitely their app needs work for sure.
Speaker 2: Well I don't mean like that. I mean, like eleven sucks ass so.
Speaker 1: But it's the it's the operating system that exists. It's the one, the only one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the default one. I mean people are talking like more and more about how Steamo West might be like on computer someday, and it's like, yeah, that's a nice fantasy.
Speaker 1: But no, uh well, see, it's gonna start with the portable PCs. We'll see if if they if it keeps going, well you know, maybe I won't rule that out.
Speaker 2: I don't trust them even make a good PC console or PC. Oh, wes, let alone some handheld one, like.
Speaker 1: He says, it's being worked on. We're apparently going to see something about the handheld before the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they's announced some partner and they announce like Marcus up Windows eleven, uh minimum Edition or pocket edition or something, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also talks about the reason why they want The reason why this whole strategy for PS five is that it's about the creatives. It's about what the actual the devs want. That the devs want games to be everywhere because it helps them have the most sales as possible. Obviously, you know.
Speaker 2: The devs don't want to be on game Pass.
Speaker 1: Ironically enough, Yeah, I mean, he talks about how that's actually been kind of misconstrued. That's not They actually fought back on that. I think they released it a couple of days after we did the last episode. He says that I think Insider Gaming had the report basically refuting a lot of that information thing that we talked about last week, essentially saying that we've shown that we have grown every period, every quarter, and part of that is also game Pass. They're not giving them out out the amounts that they used to, which.
Speaker 2: Is part of it. That's that's a telltale sign, like I'm sure they've got ten more people they're gonna go like or growing, but it's not the one hundred million they wanted.
Speaker 1: No, No, definitely it's not. That's part of the reason why they had to pivot over to Okay, we're gonna give our games, the PlayStation and Nintendo. But it's also I can understand they want to push things forward. They want to again kind of like, let's move the industry this way because everybody wants every things on everything. Obviously, Nintendo's gonna be on its own as long as possible because they kind of they will always see themselves a toy company first, not necessarily anything else. I mean, look at the Switch one. Uh, they didn't really have a lot of apps on that thing, so I mean, they were all about the games for that thing. So I don't know if that's gonna change much this go around either, but we'll see if they embrace some of that. At least it seems like they're embracing like voice chat or whatever, if the rumors are correct on that. But look, there's still a lot of you know, kind of I'm not gonna give you a straight direct answer, but I think this is the clearest he's ever been about. Look, this is our strategy. Whether you like it or not, this is what we're doing. You can either get on board or you can, you know, go do whatever it is you want. But he's basically saying get ready because you're gonna see more of this, Sonya might be putting their games on PC faster, not necessarily that they're gonna I don't know. Maybe they're gonna work with Nintendo more. Maybe Horizon is not the last one. But they don't make a lot of kiddie games either, so I don't know what they could really give Nintendo that lego God of War like exactly. But that's the thing he talks about a lot of that stuff. It's like, why you need on the console. We think we're gonna innovate. We're gonna do something different than just basically doing the same thing as Sony but having a different box. He understands that boxes in the name they they're gonna have a console for as long as possible, and he says that is also why he knows that people are worried about what happens to our games if the console ever goes away, and he says, this is why we're putting it on other platforms and having everything say which he did they did do at the beginning of developed Erect. He said, you know, everything here is Xbox Play Anywhere, and everything is on game Pass, and that's that's why they want to push the play Anywhere because let's say the console does go away. Play anywhere also means eventually maybe Nintendo also means PlayStation. Uh, you buy it once on your PC and you own it on all of these things because it's an Xbox product at the end of the day. So you know, if that is the case, right, I think that pushes maybe Sony he starts doing something like that where it's like, oh, you buy it on PC, you get the PlayStation version for a discount or something like that. I don't know what they're their thing will be, but that's kind of what he says. I know people are mad about they want a whole list of this game's coming this day. It's not going to happen, like Mark said, they want to continue to be able to get people to stay subscribed for these games on Game Pass or go and buy them on a sale.
Speaker 2: Or it's actually like had a clue is what they should do is release. I mean, I sell the emulator, but like sell their past games on TC in an emulatable form, like I'll pay twenty bucks or thirty bucks for Lost Odyssey on TC. You know, it doesn't need to be a CE remaster or anything. Just give me a basic as port of that game or h amp three or fifty cent Blood in the Sand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I think they also have to be the publisher of that game then, you know. I mean, yeah, Lost Odyssey, they could. Uh, they did it for the back compat it's there, you can buy it right off the store.
Speaker 2: But it's still on the Xbox version or right exactly. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see them do a wider version of this where a lot of the games that are Xbox one compatible also, But I don't know if there's licensing things that they have to do, if Miss Walker then has to get involved again or or whatever with that.
Speaker 2: So you know, no, he doesn't. Dude doesn't want to make it or remake it of it or anything. He just you know, but it's like, Okay, you're not it ain't cut this, ain't you don't have any your participation in this is not required, Like we are just putting this on PC and like some Xbox or six scamulator that like might be able to run it a little better, but might not.
Speaker 1: I mean he he does also mention that as well, like they uh, I think it's destin legitimately asked him like when he talks about Okay, is everything just going to PS five and TENO with this one? He said no, because there's shift games that just aren't worth it for us to put on.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Starfield about Starfield, but like let's say, like okay, putting Record which wasn't a great game, or Red Fall on some of these other it doesn't. It's not worth it to them.
Speaker 2: It didn't make sense, wouldn't it wouldn't it be funny though to put Red Fall on five? And it was just like antic hit Rights or something like that, like completely blows Rubble Rivals out of the water.
Speaker 1: The Gears tactic scheme, for example, I don't think you know that's gonna come. Uh, even the older Gears titles, like I think they want to wait to see, like what if? How does Eday do? Is it worth it for us to because they're probably gonna want to remaster too, through judgment or whatever to put on there. Also, Gears E Day also has a new code developer their old code developer, and People Can Fly has returned. So it's kind of like a perfect Dark situation with Crystal Dynamics and initiatives. Nine more years to come out then, that's what also is kind of weird, like, Okay, we just announced this code developer thing, but then we also have people talking about how apparently it's coming out sooner rather than later. So it's like, I still don't think I would be absolutely shocked if both gears E Day and Fable come out this year, because it's like, dude, are you just blowing your whole load on twenty twenty five and then like, what do you have for next year?
Speaker 2: So I could I could see e Eday hitting very late this year, like not like December thirtieth, but let's take December like Fable no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see them pushing. I can see them doing the AVOWT thing and pushing Fables like February of next year.
Speaker 2: I can see him pushing it. That's like February and March of like twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: No, that thing's a lot farther along.
Speaker 2: It's like, here's another trailer with Richard I forget the guy's name. Yeah, I know it's Moss from the IT crowd. Yeah right, cool, I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just it is at least as far as XBOS goes, what they showed their lineup that they have. It's a weird time because it's like, imagine if you hadn't done this whole thing where you're giving your games to PlayStation and Nintendo or whatever. It's like, now you finally have the games. Now you finally have the lineup that could actually kind of compete when Sony's down, when Sony doesn't have a bunch of games coming out, right that you just lost the munts to cancel projects, and like the only thing we know that's happening that we have no idea when that's going to come out is Horizon, you know, the multiplayer game, Fair Games whatever Sonny Santa Monica is working on. That's not God of War and whatever Corey Barlog's working on. Uh that we we don't know really supposed to God of Wars just going to another uh mytholog you know, mythology, but we don't know when and where that's coming. So it's like.
Speaker 2: It'll be the Christian mythology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Lost Profits not coming out anytime soon. So it's like and worse off, Last of Us three is not coming out anytimes So it's like this was really the time for Xbox to game ground and you kind of like already lost that, right, so now it's just about like, Okay, well, I guess you can just deliver great games and make it worth it to for people that won't have game Pass, I guess at that point. But look, there's a lot of stuff in those interviews. Both of them are like thirty five Both of them are like around thirty minutes that you can go watch on YouTube if you want to hear the whole interview or whatever. Lots of great questions for Phil, including like what his legacy is or you know, where he thinks even the industry is going to be going, and stuff like that, So a lot of stuff to go check out. He does mention the whole Dustin asked him about the XBOS series as compatability, thing like will will they remove that? And he actually he brings up that, like you know, obviously Black with Wukong. The dev Game Science said that basically they blamed the series s and not having less familiarity with that to be able to do the the optimization for it. So that's why it didn't come Nextbuck supposedly, which I can understand, right, they had to end up removing that for boulders Gate three to be able to show up on Xbox. I don't know why Black with Lukon didn't get that same treatment, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He says he's not going to remove it because people got to optimize for Scheme Deck now, people got to optimize a rage ally now, people got to you know, Lenovo for all the other a portable PCs. Now for the you know, Sony's basically streaming to the portal. But like when the when the Sony hanhel comes out, and when the Xbox Handheld comes out, they're gonna have to learn how to optimize for that too. So I guess he's like, I'm not going to remove the compatibility thing with this because they're optimizing for more and more things now, so they kind of should be able to do it for series, which I kind of understand, but I feel like make exceptions for the games that just can't do it instead of not having it on your platform at all.
Speaker 2: But well, also, like THEES is old, so they can't. I mean we can talk about later it's on Fantasy, but like they can only optimize a certain point. Yeah, they run run at a head room and this is it either accept it or you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the RAM can't can't do it or whatever. And it's like it's also interesting because it's like Series S is is the console that's sold the most, so it's like they can't really say no to it because more people have Series S's than Series X's.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then and they need those consoles to be able to have the latest games or if not, you know, they're not gonna have a reason to have that console. Yeah, they can stream stuff, but not everybody can stream. So yeah, again, Uh, stuff worth checking out on those interviews if you want. Don't need to keep belaboring the point. There was a lot of Xbox stuff this week. It was a lot of what was the kind of commanding thing? Uh this week, But we do move on here to not Xbox stuff for a little bit. It's just getting into just really quick. We'll get into the so many stuff and then we'll talk about rebirth also because we have a final Fantasy story to talk about here. Two of them. But they announced today, because we just talked about koy Tecmo, Rose of Rona is going to go to PC. It's gonna be on Steam March eleventh, twenty twenty five. It's gonna cost fifty bucks on Steam. It's gonna be able to go up to eight K support, direct X have one hundred and twenty fps, three D audio support, DLSS, all that stuff. So it looks like it's gonna be the I guess definitive version Rise, which was a fine game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've heard it was good.
Speaker 1: You know, we know some O the Blade is eventually gonna go to PC. Shift Up has said that as well, So you know the to to so many like second party games from last year.
Speaker 2: Are are gonna win the switch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't think so. Also, in uh interesting that we talked about it last week that you know, they canceled the God of War Blue Point game and the Sony benz uh Life Service game. This is apparently not a Sony decision. We know that NCSoft was working on a Horizon MMO. Yeah, supposedly whatever it was called Project H. They also have a Project J and a Project Pantera. The belief is that Project H was the Horizon H M m O that was being worked on. Obviously, NCSoft with Guild Wars has.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping Project J was a was a jumping flash.
Speaker 1: That that's separate from the Gorilla multiplayer game that's being working. Yeah, I don't feel like this is as big a loss as the other two that we talked about last week because it was a.
Speaker 2: Little more nebulous. And then also like it's what she's and she's not is known for is like making MMOs. So them having to cancel something that you don't even know how far on it was necessarily like that's yeah, okay, I mean they can make someone else and that whee allows or you know, like it's not the it's not like I think the tragedy for like Blue Point Games specifically is like what you said last week is like, what what are they gonna make for this that's the console cycle? Nothing, because it would take let's say even like tomorrow they're like, okay, are making another game. It would take them at least three or four years to school up to make it. They're not gonna just crap something out in six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless they're just doing a straight like just remaster, uprights in the graphics or whatever. But if they're doing a remake, they did Demon Souls.
Speaker 2: Right, that's and I talked about that and he was like, it's not not remaining a big loss, and I was like, you like that Demon Souls, you know remaker. He's like, well it, you know, it changed a little from what the original was, and they didn't. It wasn't like one hundred percent faithful or whatever. I'm like, well, I tell you yeah, and I like this one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a lot of people did, right. I mean they also did the Shadow of Loss remake, which was well received too. I mean like, right, they could have done a remake of another game, right, Actually, what I thought when when people started doing rumors of oh they're doing remasters of God of War the other God of War games, I thought maybe Luepoint was doing that. And now they announced that it was that live service game, and it's like, again, you know who's like this seemed more like of a Sony just kind of said, hey, NC suck and y'all do uh, how much do we need to pay you to do a Horizon MMO or whatever? And then her he saw just the budget wasn't.
Speaker 2: There or or yeah, it felt very much like a pay for game type of thing. Yeah wait, I mean didn't want to pay for it or it wasn't going how they wanted. I just wanted to probably right, to step away from it or yeah exactly, or if it wasn't the soft standards like all right, well we're just gonna quietly shove this or whatever. And but like the Blue Point stuff or even like the Ben Studio stuff, it's like, yeah, it's a down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: After Concord, it feels like heoki to Tokey after he had the kind of damning thing to say was he's just kind of going through the books and going, Okay, this is not gonna go anywhere. This is not going anywhere. Uh, or maybe he's having to tell Herman host like, we got to make some of this money back. We got to make some of this budget back. You need to start going to these studios and figuring out which ones are going to be you know, canceled. Hopefully nobody loses jobs or whatever. But it's just like, obviously, you know you're not gonna kill your baby and the Horizon multiplayer game because you know he's from Gorilla and all that, let's be honest. But it's just like and Herman Holst has it's interesting to me, like where it's like, Okay, I get it that you want him to keep his Uh you don't you obviously you de signed on this too CEO thing, and it's like it feels like Herman Hols has a lot to do with along with Jim Ryan. Why we're in this place that we're in. It's like, yeah, so he's CEO still why I mean, obviously you got to give him credit for the good stuff too, But.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny that, like if you compare Gorilla Games to like Naughty Dog, Naughty Dog makes like three games maybe four, Yeah, I mean move into something else or they always have. They always have at least one or two other things kind of in the works horizon. You know, Earians in the Stecond Horizon since twenty seventeen. It's okay but not super you know, the most popular thing in the world, and they just keep like that's like they're only money maker or like the only thing they're interested in them.
Speaker 1: No, I mean forgetting West sold a lot better than zero, don you know, still not the numbers. I think they definitely wanted it to hit or whatever. Right now, they're making a movie. The TV show didn't work out, the semi mode didn't work out.
Speaker 2: You know, I may have specific issues with a how the intergalactic character looks, but like I'm interested in that game as a.
Speaker 1: Whole, right, because Naughty Dog doesn't miss, right, They're.
Speaker 2: Not like I mean, they make jack acts, so they're not in fallible.
Speaker 1: No, but i mean since Last of Us, right, since Uncharted, do they really miss no?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, so that's the thing is like, we know we could trust same thing with Insomniac, right, you know you can trust them at least from the sony side of things. They've made some bad games, but like are.
Speaker 2: Just a tag more creative than you know, Gorilla unfortunately, right.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, Gorilla, you know, they're done with those past franchises of theirs. They've said, so, uh, this is kind of the thing that they want to do. We know there's a Horizon three somewhere and the works there. That VR game didn't work out either forgot to so yeah, so it's like there's a lot of that franchise that they've even shoe Heyoshida said it. He said, I'm I was surprised and shocked at how well we expected Horizon to do and it didn't do what we wanted it to. So it's like and they've kept on with the series and you know, commendable for so many to let them have their franchise.
Speaker 2: But you know that's that's another game like Forbidden West specifically, I talked about this like last week. If that game is smaller and the budget was twenty I mean, you can't requantify a percentage to like dollar. But if they were able to shave off twenty percent of the game and shave off like ten to twenty of the budget, that game stot have ben aok. Size wise, Like that game is like massive in scale and it doesn't need to be like make a smaller, more concise game, please, and I'll be much happier.
Speaker 1: I agree with you there, I think awesome. I mean, just to bring up and Sonia because you know, Ted Price retired after thirty years of being with the company, which well that's a long time. I mean he's he's been around since the beginning. He's a co founder ever since their first game was around for you know, the success of The Spiro and then obviously working with so many the first time around to do Ratching Klank, And I mean.
Speaker 2: There aren't a lot of these old guys left that like I wouldn't I mean I wouldn't say started a company, but like have been with the company like forever. It's you know, type Price is one, you know me and Moto is another, even though he's a little stepped off now, but he's still Like at Nintendo.
Speaker 1: She had just retired, right, yeah, but even like.
Speaker 2: The old guard you would think of, like John Carmack or Cliff Blazinski, like they they're they haven't gone for years, right, It's like what happened?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they went to go do their own things, right, right, Cliffy's didn't Cliff Cliff Pixy didn't work out, even though I guess he's now trying to bring back at Breakers. I don't know where that finally ended with that, but Ted Price, you know, he carried him through. He he helped the studio through all this these times, right from the beginning through the Rats and and Clank years to going away a from publishing to doing fuse to doing uh oh god, what's the Xbox one that I can't think of? Set Overdrive? So then coming back to Sony because at one point they wanted to own all the ips. They they didn't get to own Spiral, they didn't get to own a ratching Clank, and so like they wanted to own the rips. They did all a bunch of stuff with Oculus for a while and did a bunch of games for them. Uh. And then then they came back through Spider Man and Sony finally brought them after that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's there's been rumors that Sony tried to buy them before that, but like it's never been kind of plainly stated by anybody that they did.
Speaker 2: I could see that, especially when they made us before they made us and send it over.
Speaker 1: Ye, Clank was successful for the most part, aside from the you know, the movie that didn't do that well. But honestly, oddly enough, they they had a statement saying that they would kind of be open to doing more Ratchet and Clank other medium stuff, which maybe with how Sonic is popular.
Speaker 2: To drop Rachet on Earth and hook him up with James Marston.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe you do Jack and Daxter rationing and Clank team up person. Uh. But the thing is Ted Price was so pivotal to them that they actually have to have three CEOs to take his place. Two of them are not gain developers, one of them is a marketing guy. I think it's Chad desern is the marketing guy. Uh. Then Yen Huang used to is their like CFO that is now going to be the CEO, and then Ryan Snyder also And it's like, wow, it's crazy enough that Sony has two CEOs themselves. I've never heard of a big company having three in it working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean want to get kind of cast off, like they should honestly just have the CSO guy and the big guy there like marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the one dev right that, Hey, Crafty, what's going on? Happy to know that you're watching live here at like you know, it's just it's it's weird, Like I understand, Okay, have the dev SO that he kind of has that experience of working with the teams that way, and then like have the CFO and then you know, you can have the marketing guy go back to doing whatever. I don't know if it was okay, we're promoting all of them because we don't want one of them to leave or something like that. But it's three CEOs like that just seems like a recipe for not good stuff. I mean, right, we know they got two high profile games coming, right, Wolverine's coming at some point, whether it's next year, I don't think it's coming this year and then Spider Man three down the line somewhere, and and that's kind of it, right, So yeah, I mean, hey, they could technically, right, they don't have to have Microsoft's approval for that. They technically could uh make Sunset Over or if they wanted to, but Sony would also have to kind of like okay that right, which I know maybe maybe with this thing again where Xbox is putting their games on PlayStation, maybe though, they'll all kind of come to a head and say, hey, what if you make this multi platform, let's all do it, right, I don't know, but it's not like sun Set Over or I've sold like crazy numbers either, but it's a beloved game. Yeah. So yeah, I mean, like you said, there's not a lot of these guys that have been around thirty years or whatever in the industry still around like that. That's not We're at Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark Sny still around. Still trot him out, but he's not like a game developer per se, right.
Speaker 1: He's he's helping with the consoles when they that guy. Yeah, but we move to we're going to talk about the one game that we're going to talk about that Mark's been playing because I can't talk about the two games that I've been playing due to embargo other than that, you know, both of them are India, not playing some big Triple A game, but you're playing five Fans seveny Birth. You mentioned on PC, you mentioned you did the review already. Would you end up giving it? I get to give it a ten A ten, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is better on PC, or at least on my PC. Have a good PC, so it helps. I ran it like same a second.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it dips like occasionally, like in like weird spots, but like nothing like it will dip like to like eighty eight frames a second. It's not like twenty or anything like that. It just feels a lot snappier and better. The weird thing is when I first ran it, it had audio issues where every four seconds the auto was cutting out of everything, like the music, sound effects, voice acting. It's like that opening scene where like Zach is carrying Cloud right in the mid guard and like you see the helicopter carrying the bodies out like so like I did a bunch of stuff on the PC, like up to the drivers. I haven't like ran like busted it down to like low graphics and that didn't fix it. I think it was like an actual weird issue with like the PS five controller because I loaded the game up without it and it ran fine, and I plugged it in and then it was still running fine. But like before, when it's messing up, I already had it plugged in, like when I started a game, and it made just been like confusing the like the audio signal like trying to send it to the controller as well for some reason, I don't know. But it's fixed now that's an important thing, and it's cool.
Speaker 1: And it you know, looks a lot better. Yeah imagine like you said, and not looking like a I.
Speaker 2: Can get it to one twenty actually, uh you know, kind of no problem. Uh. The two things will point out this isn't about the game, which I think is good, Like it's the same game. So yeah, if you don't like it, that's not you know. But so PC Gamer wrote a review of the game and they gave it a sixty eight out of one hundred, and wow, no, like that's you know, that's that's a word act to grind, and like the review is like, oh, it's just kind of wheel spinning. Nothing really happened, you know. And they mentioned like the repetitive nature of the regions, and it's like, well, the repetitive kind. But you don't have to do most of that ship if you don't want to, like you just go like.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're you're not wrong. There's a lot of people that had like the I talked about this, and we we talked about, you know, the game being our game of the year whatever. This was a sentiment that the further away we got from the game coming out more nor people had this sentiment of oh my god, you're just spinning your wheels. So you get to the end, and it's so much doing the same thing over and over, and it's a lot of this stuff feels mandatory, even though it's not because I want to. I want to experience everything. And it's like, well, technically, you just you don't have to, right like you said.
Speaker 2: You're to do all the battle simulations or you know, most of that ship if you want to, you avoid it, move on.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do a lot of the extra stuff. You don't have to do the I mean, I get it that this stuff with Gilgamesh is cool. Uh So that means you have to do some of those terrible mini games also, but.
Speaker 2: Like, but yeah, you know. The two other funny things is the dude reviewing it for PC Gamer. He reviewed it on because he gave it. He gives this pick. PC specs out twenty sixty TI like an NVID twenty sixty TI, and it's like, dude, that's old, Like that's like five years old, maybe six years old, like right, Like I would assume I don't know if this guy is like a freelancer or if he like writes for a staff writer or something, but you'd assume PC gamer would have PC gamer type rigs, not something like from five years ago. And the other funny thing about PC Gamer, and this is separate from the review, there weren't another shitty article about how the game doesn't run run well on the Steam deck and it's like, oh wow, no, no fucking shit, it doesn't run well, you idiots, Like they were like, oh, it's not as good as it doesn't look visually as good as met Solid five and Mad Match. It's like, are you guys stupid? Like those games came out a decade ago, Like yeah, I would say the fact that runs at all on the Steam Deck is kind of a miracle like and there.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's people that know how to optimize really well for the Steam Deck and stuff, but there's a lot of things that don't run. Like, uh, I think he talked about Eternal Strands. Is that great one deck? Like there's it. You know, there's games that are great for Steam Deck, and there's games that like, yo, you you're gonna be able to run it, but it's not gonna be amazing because it's just too difficult for the Steam.
Speaker 2: Too demanding or you know, the scheme. Even when the seam that came out, it wasn't like the pinnacle of technology, Like yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that's the thing is Like I think they also, like they mentioned it during this like they're actually very similar to the Xbox Series S specs. Yeah, so it's like if the seriess had problems running stuff, do you think that the Steam Deck's going to be able to run that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I'm pretty sure Series S is gonna have a problem running this game if it ever shows up on Xbox, right, like.
Speaker 2: Right, well, it'll be like the seven to twenty t version or like Tenny you know, like right, but it's just like really baffling, like who has an axe to grind it at the editorial board for PC Gamer, it's like a life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like, you know, maybe they didn't. I don't know if they necessarily. I'm sure that they do their research people that they bring on as a freelancer or whatever, like what are you respecting your PC? But like, I don't know, maybe because they thought, Okay, well, this game's old, like people already played it on PS five, so it doesn't really matter. We don't have to be running it at the you know, a forty with a forty ninety or you know, all that stuff to view it.
Speaker 2: I would say forgetting you know, well I forget if you're gonna get rebirth or you know, remake. Obviously, like you need a powerful machine to run it, Like, right, let's not play around here, guys, like you know, yeah, definitely a five dollars computer to run it or anything like that. But you need a decent computer.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a reason why it looks so much better on the five pro right.
Speaker 2: Right, So so yeah, I like it quite a bit. The only the only thing I kind of wish you did have. I wish it had a benchmark because you just have a decent autographical options and having something like test it out would be actually helpful because fifteen had that, Uh, but these later ones don't.
Speaker 1: Speaking of fifteen, you brought that up. This Rebirth apparently has the highest concurrence of any single player fantasy game ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, PC, that's what happens when you launch it on Steam, you know as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, right, that you don't have the stupid epic. I don't know the remake would have done the those numbers, but you know it probably would have done something similar, Like I think it would be a lot higher on the list, right had it come out instead of being a year later.
Speaker 2: Speaking speaking of that, I had a hat because I don't have remake on PC. Yeah, but I still wanted that fucking material, the import your save material. Yeah, so I had to download a save like from remake and then like hacking into Rebirth like find your Steam I D and then create a folder and then put the save in there. And the other nice thing about the PC version, uh, you know that one of my complaints about the game initially was like the fire ice material you can only get one, or like the wind thunder or like like new material you can only get one per game, not anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh well, is it because of a mod or something.
Speaker 2: I just had Cheat Engine and it has a material material editor, so you can change material into whatever you want. So I have like you can do that and then you can like max it out. Yeah, so I'm trying not to like abuse it too much, but it's like, yep, I'm just gonna give everyone one fire ice and one wind thunder and let him go.
Speaker 1: Make the game a lot easier for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I really hated the material juggling in the in Rebirth, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was annoying. Not gonna be definitely that. It would have been so nice to have like a auto remove and like just have different slot like a set.
Speaker 2: That you yeah, like set a set B or like when when they separate your party. So it's like, oh, now I'm controlling Barrett and Red thirteen to this fucking cave. It's like, Okay, put the assessed materia on Barrett, you know, put the heel materia on the dow or the cat, you know. But I didn't. I obviously didn't finish in the game or anything, but I got I'm in like the end of the June on region ah, and yeah, that game really still holds up. I mean I think it's better on PC than five. So that's how I gave it a higher score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, that makes sense. Yeah, so I mean I'll go ahead.
Speaker 2: Sorry, No, I bought a copy of a star os and for PS one.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's getting cheap, so are right? Screw it as well.
Speaker 1: Also, before we get off the Final Fantasy remake train, there was a story this week from Hamagucci Son where he talks about two things. One that people misconstrued his quote about the mini game. He says they're not going to remove the amount of mini games. He's just going to change the way that you have to do them in the game, whereas probably more of going to make them more optional than they are, but that they're still going to be a huge amount.
Speaker 2: That's bad, I think because it's a just have like ten good mini games, not twenty, and half of them are like mediocre to battle well.
Speaker 1: But if you don't have to do most of them, then why does it matter that it's there for.
Speaker 2: Your Well, I'm sure it'll still cont to some progress in the game somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like that fucking I mean, he also mentioned that they're definitely gonna make the Platinum O but.
Speaker 2: Well and not even that, remember that getting the seven Star Hotel. Yes, all the arcane shit you had to do for that, it's oh my god. But also why why have it at all? Like it's just resources that like you don't need it, Like it's just you don't need to spend the resources on this crap, like may either make the overall game better or make like the ten mini games that are in the game better. Don't have you know, well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if they want to try to do the original Justice and have all the minigames, then that makes sense, right, like.
Speaker 2: Well, like the Red thirteen Rocket League.
Speaker 1: Thing, not that Rocket League bullshit. But like, look, they obviously made ones up that weren't in the original and a lot of stuff just to add more, and that's fine, Like look, I just think that they shouldn't have been they should have been more. Made it more obvious that a lot of them were optional, which that was a problem, Like nobody knew unless you purposely failed that you could fail out of the what's it called? Why can't I think the card game Queen's Blood the Queen's Blood Tournament on the ship until you know it's like, oh, you have to like go into a corner and select that you don't want to be in it, and then you don't realize that, oh, it doesn't really do anything. You don't miss anything if you don't do it, other than I think you would probably miss the Red thirteen thing. So it's like yeah, yeah, and the trophy, right, the trophy of doing all the Queen's Blood stuff, so you know, but that's it. I mean, that's a whole story line that they did with Queen's Blood and and that makes sense of its own accord. But the other one that was kind of making the rounds more to because of their strategy now very similar to xboxes if they wanted to do everything multi platform. They don't want to be exclusive to only Sony Systems because they want to make the most money possible. But they're a third party that makes more sense, right. Apparently they're kind of letting you know that for sure FOM Fantasy seven Part three is going to come out to four the PS six because it will not be a PS six exclusive. Probably more likely that it's saying that it will come out on PS five.
Speaker 2: Also, No, it's maybe like Appress of the Wild where it's on going.
Speaker 1: And I honestly still think that it's coming out twenty twenty seven, the whatever year anniversary of FAM Fantasy seven, that is what thirtieth year anniversary. I still think that they're aiming for that, and I don't think we're gonna get the PlayStation six by then, unless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see PS six come out like twenty twenty eight, possibly that was the.
Speaker 1: Idea originally, or I could see it come like late twenty twenty seven, like after the game has already come out, and then they they have a super like the Luxe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just gonna say, they're gonna have some three three game collector's edition or it comes to the life size suffer Us statue and yeah, with ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like, oh it'll all look pretty because now it'll be this is for PS six graphics or you know, right then you can buy it all over again.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, speaking of that, my roommate got a PS five pro. Oh yeah, but so he's his room is like twenty feet away, twenty five feet away from where my room is and where the router is because it's in my room. He can't access to five G network. Really yeah, it's like doesn't even like show up on like his you know list available networks. And you think it's because he's right above of my downstairs neighbors modem or her like wi fi source. So it's like so strong.
Speaker 1: It's we tried like connecting it wired or something just to see if it will.
Speaker 2: No, can he bring his console in her, you know, but but I'm connected to do it. I'm trying to do it via the wired but like I tried to, like look for the Wi fi that work. I can see just time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not that they find out doesn't exist. It's that like his five pro camp yep. But yeah, so you know, at least that's some good news that for sure it's coming to PS five. Some people that own PS fives that maybe don't want to rush out of buy the PlayStation six or can't depending on how much how pricey it is, be rust assured that she'll be able to play the whole thing on PS five, Which that's good because I think we'll see what wanted to be able to do that right important, Yeah, exactly all those things on for and everything. I mean, that's what I care about. I wanted to be able to be played on the system. I own the PS five and hopefully it will run well on the five, and I don't need to feel like I have to buy PSI Pro.
Speaker 2: Whatever when when it comes down on the switch to you've.
Speaker 1: Been on there as well, you know what, I'll buy it on Xbox. You want to, It's no, I'm no. I don't want to rebuy too many things. It's like these games are way too expensive already rebuying games that much. But yeah, so there's your full fantasy. Uh part three news for this week. We'll see what quote they have Hamaguchi or kit say next next week. I feel like they have constantly talking about something really quick to find the end the PlayStation. Uh stuff here President Evil movies. Uh, it's getting a reboot again. Not surprising. I mean, Resident was resid was that its highest peak. It's been as far as the series of franchise that people are really enjoying and liking the remakes and the you know, whenever we get Resident Evil nine, rumors are that the next remake is going to be Resident Evil zero apparently, which, to be fair, it really does need that it has the terrible take controls whatever. Well, you know, you know how they do with I feel like Cover is gonna be like the last one. And also Residuevil six got like rated for series X and PS five apparently, but that's supposed to be like a port not necessarily the remake. So I don't know, but okay, yes, like Mark said, this is the this would be the third goal around with with the Residueval movies. According to the Hollywood Reporter, uh this is the next uh Bustation Studios movie thing, but there are also other studios that that are bidding for the movie, including Winner Brothers and Netflix. Constantines owned the rights to it until recently, and you know, they did try to bring it back with that Welcome to Raccoon City, which was fine. It's just wasn't super.
Speaker 2: Low budgeting, yeah, but a still budget and the story was just kind of all over the place. And it had bad casting. Yes, that some bad casting. I actually do like. I like the chicks they had playing Jill and Claire.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 2: Claire was really good, yeah, Kaya I think is her name? Yes, Chris was okay, but like the guy they had Landa was like terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh but yeah, we'll see what that is. Are they going to try to make it more like the game, so they're going to do their own thing. Is it going to have anything to do with like is it Are they going to try to start with residue but one? Or are they going to do the the Djoeovic thing of just oh this is going to be its own thing and have nothing to do following the TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always works well when when they do their own thing.
Speaker 1: That was something I mean, like I wanted to like that.
Speaker 2: The bummer about that show is like that's like the last thing answer it was in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, because of answer, I wanted to like it a lot. That's that's what happened, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh, they sign for the movie is coming like two years from now, I mean it's coming out now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean that's good.
Speaker 2: The plot is supposed to be some like multi versus thing different, you know, universes.
Speaker 1: We're finally gonna get the big bid.
Speaker 2: The cat, right, it'll be the bad guy of it all.
Speaker 1: I think the rest of the stuff we can start just doing the quickets part here. Oh boy. Uh, not surprised at all with all of this terrible news about Ubisoft. Uh, they have laid off one hundred and eighty five employees and also closed Ubisoft Learnington, which was the previous Freestyle Games, which was the DJ Hero. Developer loved dj Hero when it was the first one. They they made some creative stuff with from Freestyle Games. Unfortunate that they bought it and then now that studio is closing and all these people are losing their jobs.
Speaker 2: So they bought it and then didn't be shipped with it except for like support video for Colon Bones and.
Speaker 1: Great, they're restructuring Ubisoft Dusseldorf, stock Holm and Reflections along with closing.
Speaker 2: Why why did they even have studios in Duseldorf put the.
Speaker 1: Way, too many freaking studios for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have only satellite support studios or satellite studios. It's like no wonder, like you can barely make a game or you know, it's such a schizophrenic mess most of the time nowadays.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it helps them not have to go use contractors. But it's just like, my lord, I mean the studios, do you need.
Speaker 2: Big companies use contractors. It's like a contractor is good because you don't have to keep paying those people money after the fact they do six months or a year or two years and then move on you and then move on. We saw Duseldorf, you know, to support the twenty people that work in that country, you know that city for you like it's uh.
Speaker 1: They were also support on Avatar and Park five. But you know, listen, it sucks for these people losing their jawses. I always say every time we have to talk about layoffs, it's just you yourself just continues to have bad pre us even with the sort of mostly positive usage creed shadows previews. Okay, uh, outside of some outliers like I think the skill Up didn't like it necessarily, but most people the leading deal is that apparently Norway, I think your name is she plays like the Assassin that you would expect, whereas Yaske is like the brute and he doesn't have the skill, the the parkour and stuff, which bothers a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's a bit like how Assassin's Screed Syndicate was. I mean, they did to kind of play this play the same, but like the brother of them was was more of the brute, slash like beat like brawler care or and the sister was like the actual assassin.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, it's it's uh, it feels like that's the thing is like a lot of people were like, you know, the the OSC gameplay was one of the things that they were supposed to be working on this time that they're delaying, but as they definitely did try to make them different. There's just see people that have problems with the fact that essentially, like like, nobody asked to be able to play with a character like that, and you gave that to us, and it's like then you add in all the other the grifter stuff or the stuff about not Kurt you know, curcially accurate or whatever the hell.
Speaker 2: And I've been I've been really enjoying, uh, the Asthma Gold videos on this thing, because he makes a video about shadows every two days. He's pitching and moaning about it constantly, and it's like, dude, you haven't even played Assassins Creed before, Like why do you have fourteen videos on this bullshit?
Speaker 1: Because he's the number one grifter dude, Yeah, like you don't care about at all, So like that he just starts to find anything negative that he can make a Video one and obviously it.
Speaker 2: Works, right, there are some points like not about this game. Obviously there are some points out ideas and what's about specific other games, but like this game, it's like living rent free in his head and it's like, dude, like get a life or.
Speaker 1: You know, do something else, man, find something else to go hate on. Yeah, But aside from that, it's just like it's continued to be negative for this team, and man, if Shadows does not hit targets, right, man, I hate to think about what what other heads are going to roll figuratively, not the one that matterstunately exactly. Unfortunately, the one that matters, that should be stepping down or taking a pay cut or doing something starts with a why it's not doing it. And it's very sad that he continues to be able to just be there trying to set some kind of thing we talked about last week, and somehow somebody doesn't try to do something but remove these Yeah, speaking of not hitting targets, unfortunately for Dragon Age, Vilguard did not hit sell targets to the fact that EA is pulling a Microsoft and not even talking about sales numbers. They are talking about one point five million people interacted with.
Speaker 2: The game from demo and.
Speaker 1: Not just the demo. It's they bought it through EA play right or did the trial and then continue playing. And of course, you know, the writing didn't help the story around. It didn't help about the all the different gender bending and all this stuff, storylines and whatever. The creative director, the game's director, corn Bert Bush left, She said, apparently she got an offer she couldn't turn down at another c RPG studio or making another CRPG, but she was happy with what she did at Viral, where she brought him back to I guess some semblance of riding the ship as she called it, apparently acquented to EA. This was not writing the ship. It seemed like it was doing well, right, like it was on the charts for October and November and then nada, right, and that it just sucks. I hate that for the team. I hate that for the teams, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, I dislike it. But on the flip side, did you know about Unknown nine, that that disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Vanaamco, Yeah that, like they.
Speaker 2: Should have known better. But also like the fact that they're trying to build this like whole big multimedia cluster. Fucktastic roadmap thing when it's like this is an unknown proper like an unknown property, slower role a little.
Speaker 1: Definitely, we got we.
Speaker 2: Got comics, we got new we got novels, we got podcasts, and yo, put it a good game first, then then deal with this like if it hits then that's cool.
Speaker 1: But like no, no, it's like I just it sucks for dragon Age, for the people that made dragon Age, like you know, it was apparently it was a good game, just wasn't a great dragon Age. And then also it started as a lot of service game and then uh she apparently saved it from or kind of helped mold it into what it became, like the hybrid, right, a lot of people they didn't like that the the worlds weren't big enough and the mission structure wasn't great. Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I really think. Well. I saw also the rumors that like you know, EA is gon to close a bio where Edmonton office and yeah, it's not gonna happen, like it's not yet, but no, it just puts more and more pressure on mass effects. Five.
Speaker 1: And definitely I've seen a lot I've seen some people say that like either let them change their name or maybe even get to the point of closing biowhere because they're not the same people anymore. It's like a shell of what buyo Where used to be.
Speaker 2: Some QA caster there always been there since the beginning. That's about it. I mean like audio engineer or something. But yeah, everyone everyone who like made bio where bio Where is pretty much gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I know Platinum's kind of going through similar things where a lot of the old guard or leaving and things like that.
Speaker 2: The problem with that is the buywhere names at least some cache.
Speaker 1: A Yeah, and I think that's why EA can't bring them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's changed like e Edmonton or e A Canada or whatever whatever. Remember when they they were so high on BioWare They're like ten years ago. They were teaming all the studios like Buyowhere, Victory or biowear like for like a month and then they reverted back because they're like there's.
Speaker 1: A dumb like yeah, it's it's just like it's crazy how far they have fallen to the point where, like you said, there's a lot of pressure now on Mass Effect five to deliver I.
Speaker 2: Think if mass efixt five bombs or doesn't do as well and let's face it, it probably won't. You know, like even like Dead not Dead Island, dead Space that was a good game, or you know, and that.
Speaker 1: Dead Space did pretty well for being a whore game. It's just they needed to do more than two million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the problem. It's like, even if it did well, it's not well enough for EA or didn't do like ten million copies. It's like it's not going to same with Massive five. Like even if I sold three million copies, they probably still look at it as a disappointment.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is they needed I feel it sounds like they needed Dragon ahe Vailguart to hit like the three million.
Speaker 2: Well that that was like their estimate or their forecast, and so they got like one point five.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, no, no, they didn't sell one. They're saying one point.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so I wonder if it even sold a million. Yeah, like that's kind of right.
Speaker 2: Hey, when it gets twenty bucks, I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they're also complaining about the A five didn't apparently do as well as they needed to, but it's still like the fifth best selling game of the whole entire freaking year.
Speaker 2: But you know.
Speaker 1: I mean they also have on godly expectations for those sports games to like give them so much money in the live service part with the Ultimate Team and stuff that, you know, I could believe that Apparently it didn't hit whatever target, which is ridiculous, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Also they shut down EA Origin, which just like the old program, right, which you have to convert to the EA app. But apparently if you don't have a sixty four bit system you cannot use it at all, so uh, and which they stopped supporting Windows ten. Uh So the only way you can do it is having Windows living with a sixty four bit system.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So that's the only way that all of your games will convert over to the EA app if you only have you know, them on PC. So yeah, if you don't have a upgraded system. And also this includes uh you have to have like a a big, a newer version of Catalina for the Mac part of it. So yeah, that sucks if you're kind of like locked out of your games because.
Speaker 2: Of that's such a niche market or niche number that how many people really only having thirty two bit systems? Like no, practically no one unless a twenty year old machine right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, unless you were using it to like play like really old games only or something like that, right right, So, I mean any of the new stuff you wouldn't be able to play anyway. But yeah, I don't know, it's really quick here. Just because we always talk about this stuff. Oh well, I shouldn't mention lost records. Bluin Rage got delayed. The second part of it got the lay till April fifteenth to give them time to don't nod, you know, to give them time to be able to get it right. And you know, the games set over two timelines. The first part of it's still going to come out on time, but apparently this is going to get This is the free update that's supposed to come later, so they're delaying it so they make sure it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, dough Nuts kind of been kind of doing little bit, you know, different things. You know, Jussant was well received. It was good Indie that was on game Pass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still think their greatest game was Life Is Strange.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's the problem is they keep making they keep making stuff that doesn't really hit that well, and same as Life is Strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, Life is strange. It is kind of going through that with Tech nine, where it's like, Okay, you had True Colors that did great, and then it's like.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I didn't think you Color did good though, did it?
Speaker 1: True Colors did really well?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: So and it got all that Game of the Year stuff from people whatever. So but after that it's kind of like they've really like bottomed out on that and dough Nod's been really hit and miss on that. US physical game spending has gone down significally since two thousand and eight, according to Matt Piscatella from Sircana, you know he reports on this stuff, saying that essuch of this got kind of exacerbated by the pandemic because you know, we were going to go buy physical copies, and also the fact that the Switch has had a really down year, which the switch kind of offsets a lot of the physical the people buying digital to buy physical, which you know, like Nintendo has like a their digital share is lower than everybody else's, like theirs is that twenty They have a twenty two percent share of people that buy physical, whereas everybody else's Xbox PS five went up. Xbox was seventy five from seventy PS fives was sixty four from fifty five. But Nintendo's is there twenty two. A lot of people buy physical for Nintendo, so yeah, maybe the switch to will help offset that again, but so far we're still leaning towards that of like, people are just delving more and more into the convenience, right, it doesn't help the PC is basically all digital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well like this, I can't remember the last time they can't like buy a PC games, you know, digital or physically. Yeah, I think like I have apolic fallout New Vegas for PC.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, really, what what laptops or computers getting made now unless you order it, specially that have a distrib at all. Right, Yeah, so, and I think Sony announced that they're not doing like rewriteables anymore either, So for blue rays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a list a week ago for four one about like games I'm looking forward to next this year, and like I think I did like eight games. One of them is kind of a PC game at Stive six or Sive seven. Sorry, but someone in the comments is like, how come there's no PC games on here? And I'm like, yo, dog, like how many PC only games are there coming out this year that you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: You would have to go find the indies that don't. That always still you see, and they come into the consoles later, like all the big games come to PC, but they also come to the consoles.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the guy was like, it's mostly console games. It's like, hey, that's what I mostly play games on. And then d like, yeah, what PC exclusive games are there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, you're gonna the second well, the Warcraft Expansion, the whatever. Like it's like you said, it's extremely rare that even the even the MMOs like look at FOM Fantasy fourteen, like that also comes to PS five, Like uh, look at a look at a lot of the like gotcha stuff that usually starts out on mobile and PC that also ends up coming to like PS five.
Speaker 2: So it's like or even like you know, Hades two is on Hades two is on PC technically right now in the early access, but like exactly once it's done, you know whatever, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Especially because when it hits switch to that thing's gonna sell like crazy. So you know, like, hey, that's where the people. Look, I have a new story right here that people are making. Developers are making more PC games. It actually went out from sixty six percent to eighty percent, Like, yeah, PC gaming is going up, Like it's especially with you know, these forever games, the live service games. Like the the kids my daughter's age, you know, thirteen, fourteen and younger, they're either asking for the best tablet or the best PC because they want to play Fortnite or whatever in the best way possible. They're not asking for the console. You know, it's very weird that people are asking for Like I think there was a story of like nobody cares about the kids don't care about the PSI pros, Like, well, no, dull, they don't. They don't even have a PS five to begin with, so why would they care about the PSI pro. And it's like and for one, they can't buy the PS five pro, so why the hell are they going to care about it. It's like when somebody used to tell us that when you were kids. Uh, I can't think of the first time somebody did, like an the PS two slim or something like I would hear a PS two. What do I give a crap about the PS two slim?
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, well, or even versus the nets it's like, yeah, like, who cares?
Speaker 1: Does it play? Does it do anything different?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Then what do I care about it? It's like, uh, the PS five Pro does, but again it's negligible as far as like, uh, like what it really does compared to like the difference you would see like on a PC. And then not only that, if you don't have the TV to make it look nice, it doesn't matter, right exactly. That's the point I'm guessing your roommate does, or he wouldn't have bought. But it's like I do, but I just I've seen the difference, and it's like cares right, Like, Uh, I played Fantasy and Reworth fine enough. I don't need to buy it just to hopefully see that game better, right, But just really quick here, the best selling PS five was the best selling hardware of the entire year. That's on surprise. You know, Switch was down and Xbox's Xbox at this point, but it is tracking ahead of the PS four by seven percent, which is good for PlayStation. Uh, Xbox Series is spelling Xbox one by eighteen percent. But again they had different strategies at that point, So people don't need to buy an Xbox Series to play the Xbox games, right, so you know it is what it is called duty. Blackop six was still the best selling game of twenty twenty four despite being on Xbox Game Pass. Uh, it did have a drop of like nine percent compared to was it Modern War for three last year?
Speaker 2: Lost track of franchise entirely, So.
Speaker 1: There is a drop, But I think it it's not just the game Pass part of it all. It's just probably, like you know, there might be a little bit of a fatigue with Call of Duty. Also the fact that war Zone exists. You don't need to have the latest Call of Duty to have the Call of Duty experience, right, So if you only play multiplayer and you don't care about having Black Ops six, you just play war Zone or you play war Zone. I have friends co workers that him and his wife only play war Zone Mobile. So like I'm telling you, man, people just these these forever games. Why why do I waste money on Black Ops when I could just play this.
Speaker 2: That was a funny thing last night with my roommate when he had this psive and looking it up because I was like, he didn't have a discribe, and I was like, what you get when you can borrow some of my games. If you want, I'll give Destiny to a shot, just thinking like.
Speaker 1: Console, Like, yeah, of all the games there, the other games on this list here, EA Sports called Football twenty five is the number two best selling game of the entire year in the United States. People really missed that college football helldivers to Dragon Ball sparking zero. Amazing for that franchise to sell that much. NBA two K twenty five, Man twenty five, Calle of Dunion, Modern War for three, God, EA Sports FC twenty five, Elden Ring. You know that expansion helped a lot there, and the EA Sports MVP bundle with Madden and college Football altogether. I think Rebirth was like eighteenth or something like that. Grand Theft Auto five and Minecraft I think still sold better than but at least Rebirth was on there because Astrobat was not on there at all. It was on there for the PlayStation one, the one that's only PlayStation, but not the one that was for the entire year. So hey, uh, no surprise, so seople black those games that you buy once a year and play with your friends, right is what it is. Uh. The only new game Hell Diverge two B also falls into that category. Dragon Ball Sparking zero is kind of like the only one, uh that I got.
Speaker 2: Like a surprising amount of buzz. Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 1: A bad game or you know, but I mean bad and people, I mean.
Speaker 2: Dragon Balls is coming back into more popular fashion these days.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, with Diama out there and everything, and then obviously the sad passing like yeah, you know, it's uh they I think they just started restarted the super manga not too long ago, so it's it's going. It's definitely uh, getting back into that popularity, like you said, so that helps as well. I think that's pretty much it. Other than also earth Blade, it's supposed to be the next game from the Celeste developer, has been canceled, aspecially the Metro Ranea. There's a big story behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you go.
Speaker 1: No Maddie Thorson just said that, you know, he was the R and D director said that this was between uh Noel and Maddie and then also Pedro fending member a lot of time elaborate our director Worth Blade left as well. They all kind of are They all kind of decided. Apparently there was a disagreement between the IP rights of Celeste between them and that they are all going to go their separate ways.
Speaker 2: So you know, reminded of like when they canceled, when that that Phil Fish canceled, not braid, but uh, what's what's when he canceled?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I think I think yeah, yeah yeah. Or also the the Z A U M Studio, the Zone Yeah.
Speaker 2: And talking about that a few days ago because he still wants that to happen.
Speaker 1: But it's like that's yeah, that that thing got so bad they all started making their own game or whatever, and like there's three games in development and it's like, okay, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One last thing I was gonna mention is I don't it just kind of announced today but the software president just passed away. Yes, so that's a bummer. I mean, is like my favorite company or anything, but the games and kind of a good sense of humor.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think if you don't if the name doesn't ring a bell, they're kind of the ones known for Deskuya.
Speaker 2: Yeah and more so. But they've been around to quite a while. Like it's kind of surprising, so I don't know, this guy's like running it all the way through or anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, sixty four is still young. Ag it's to be passing so right. Sucks. Sucks to see that. We moved from that to games that are coming out this week to end the show, as we always do. I mentioned the Eternal Strands comes out tomorrow on game Pass. You can go check that out. There's a demo also, if you don't have game Pass, you can play that too if if that strikes your fancy. Uh. The Carmen San Diego game, the I guess like a reboot of.
Speaker 2: I saw a trailer that and I was, what is this San Diego.
Speaker 1: It's on you can play it on Netflix, the Netflix app. I might check it out just because I love that game when I was a kid on PC. It's not it's not. It has some of the same like vibes, I guess, but they changed quite a bit of it. Quiz Quiz an Ear or Moonlighter Junior as I've heard some people call it, is coming out also on the twenty eighth for Switch series and for the console. It's already been out on PC and the Tunia Riders in Augo's also out on the twenty eighth as well for your PS five four and Switch. I already mentioned Orcs Must Die Death Trap, a game that I'm still waiting and hoping that the review code will come in Taels of Iron two Whiskers of Winter. It's coming out on everything also on the twenty eighth. The Virtue of Fighter vive Revo also coming. That's the PC. Like, what's a remake of Virtual Fighter five or remaster?
Speaker 2: I think it's just like some stand always like a.
Speaker 1: Spanded okay, and they're doing like an update of the PS four game, but it's not getting all of this stuff that's in the right as well. Warside, which basically looks like an indie version of Advanced Wars. Literally, it just looks like an indie version of Advanced Wars coming out on everything the current consoles. Also coming to the current consoles is that there's a demo out for this too, The Stone of Madness, which is the next like game from that Blastoma studio, which looks really cool, like you have five different characters and you have to like figure out how to make them all escape from this prison and it's kind of set in like Spain or something, and it's it's really cool, looks really cool, has a cool art style. Definitely one that if you like those kind of games might want to go check it out as well. And then one, just because I saw Greg Miller talk about it on kind of Funny, Cryptical Path comes out on PC on the twenty ninth. It's a roguelike that you have to like build your own path and then you continue on that path to like try to get through the runs and stuff, and Hello Kitty, I'm an adventure also comes out. Mentioned to me a few times about coming to PC and Switch. The Spider Man two remaster or PC port I'm Sorry is coming on the thirtyth Snapper Lea Resistance I mentioned already, fanom Brave the Lost Hero, which it is a port of an older game or remaster that's coming to Switch in the PS fives and then set It's to Super two I mentioned already as well. So, Hey, lots of stuff coming here at the end of January. Sure there'll be something for everybody and all of that. Yeah, So then we hit the big month, the review season month of February. That's going to have a bunch of stuff from beginning to end. So get ready for that, everybody. Yeah, but all right, it will be February the next time where he February third actually we're doing the show next so until then, everybody, we'll see you later, all right, bye,