Speaker 1: So Father, we just thank you that you're preparing the way right now for our summit, our conference, our solemn assembly, our gathering together.
Speaker 2: We just bless you for it.
Speaker 1: We know that it's going to be awesome that you've called us to it, and we give you the praise for it in Jesus' name. And everybody said, the title of my message today is selling out your Inheritance, and I'm starting out of I got this lozenge in my mouth and it's too powerful.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We filled that one with eucalyptus or something. It's a whole eucalyptus tree in one lozenge. Genesis twenty five, Selling Out Your Inheritance gis twenty five.
Speaker 2: This is a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of the story of how Jacob came to be. And so it's the story of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Those are the biblical patriarchs of Israel and of Faith and of the Christian faith, and so Verse twenty five. Chapter twenty five talks about Isaac and the birth of Jacob. And so you know that Jacob became Israel. So God changed his name and he became the father of what's known as the Twelve Tribes of Israel right. So I want to pick it up at verse nineteen though, and I want to pick up this story, and it's a little bit of the story of how Jacob got his birthright or how he came into the position of the lead of the inheritance. So this is part of the story. I want to just dive into this because I want you to see what happened, and I want you to see.
Speaker 2: How powerful this is.
Speaker 1: So this is the account of the family line of Abraham's son Isaac. Abraham became the father of Isaac, and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebeccah, daughter of Bethel Weal, the Aramaean Aram and sister of laban are Aramian. Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife because she was childless. The Lord answered his prayer and his wife, Rebecca, became pregnant. The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, why is this happening to me? So she went to inquire of the Lord, and the Lord said to her, two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated. One people will be stronger than the other. The older will serve the younger. When the time came for her to give Bertha the twin boys in her womb, the first come out was red, and his whole body was like a heavy garment, so they named him Esau. After this, his brother came out his hand grasping Esau's heel, so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebecca gave birth to them. The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful haunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was content to stay at home among the tents. Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebecca loved Jacob. Now I wonder if that love for Jacob was somewhat related to the words she received concerning Jacob and what would happen with Jacob. Because she wasn't maybe favoring so much the firstborn as she normally would have in this culture, she recognized something was going to happen with Jacob. Once, when Jacob was cooking, some stew saw came in from the country, famished, and he said to Jacob, quick, let me have some of that red stew unfamished, and Jacob replied, first, sell me your birthright. Look, he said, I'm about to die. What good is the birthright to me? But Jacob said, swear to me first. So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob. Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some little stew. He ate and drank and got up and left, and so Esau despised his birthright. So this is, you know, it's a great metaphoric story. It's a real story. It's a true story. It's a sad story for Esau. In many ways. It was part of the tapestry of Jacob and part of the tapestry of how he became the air of the promise. It's part of the story. But it's a sad story for Esau. And there's a metaphor within the story, like a biblical metaphor, as there is all the way through many of these passages and Genesis, there's a biblical metaphor in the story. And so we can find some things that happen here that transpire in Genesis with these real life people, though, that give us a metaphoric or a parable reality that we can glean from and grow from. He sold his birthright for a bowl of soup. How many of you think he should have done it? No, what's the birthright?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: The birthright represented so many things. It represented his inheritance. Puritance of the firstborn was to be a double portion of any of the others that would be coming into the family, so they would receive a double portion. Now, I know, when mom and dad wolf pass away, all the kids will be lining up for an equal portion, right, But in those days, the firstborn would receive the double portion. So it meant double portion, It meant leadership in the family. The first born became the leader of the family. It meant judicial authority. This is interesting. So authority was granted. The firstborn inherited the father's judicial authority over the family line, and it meant priesthood. The firstborn became the family priest. So all of this Esaw was willing to give up over a bowl of soup, over a bull of soup. And what I find that is just super interesting about the story. Super crazy about this story is that what he was trading away and what he traded away for it wasn't like a bull of soup is something that he could have easily had a bull of soup wasn't wrong for him to have a bull of soup, wasn't illegal for.
Speaker 2: Him to have.
Speaker 1: You know where my mind goes, is that are we trading away our inheritance or God's word over our lives, or God's will for us, or God's God's calling of us for something that is not even sin? Like it's one thing like David Nearly traded the kingdom and his calling for his relationship with Bethsheba. Right, and we know that that there was a judgment that came to David, and we know that the first son of the two of them died, and so we know that it harmed the kingdom, that that that whole. But we would we would look at that and we would say, yeah, but that was sin. That was definitely sin. How many of you would say that was sin? So you know, we would look at that, we would say, well, that was that was really a sin issue. And and so you know this this this is different, but yeah, it's different, but it's different in a very interesting way because in this case, Esau was willing to sell his birthright or really the will of God over him or the word of God over him, or his rightful place in family and in literally the leading the lineage of the future for something that wasn't sin, for something that wasn't sin. And so I'm kind of pondering that because I'm wondering, you know, is that the case with us when I'm watching and I know the Lord's dealing with me on this as well. But when I'm watching the failures or the public failures or the brought to light failures of be It, there was new things out about Todd Bentley this week, and I got people reaching out to me about Todd Bentley this week, and these new things that we're going to be shared. And then there's the recent issues with Chris Reid. There's the recent issues with Rick Joiner, there's the recent issues with Mike h. Bickle, there's the recent issues with So it's just name after name, it's name after name. It's almost like week after week there's something new coming out, and I see that stuff happening. Number One, I feel like this is what the Holy Spirit's saying, is that that's a microcosm of what's happening in the entire body. There's disobedience everywhere. If it's in our leadership, shame on us for scolding our leaders, like we're something great if it's in the leaders of our networks and our and our if it's if it's globally like.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, and so please, please please.
Speaker 1: I mean, when I see this stuff, because I know the frailty of my flesh and you don't know it, but I know it. When I see this stuff, I am I'm like humbled. I'm brought to a contrite position. I find myself being super empathetic and cautious and careful and getting on my knees and not posting something new on Facebook book or railing against them, because if not for the grace and the mercy of God, there go I, there go I in some dimension. But again, those are sin dimensions. And yet I think the Lord is wanting to highlight the things that have a sin dimension, so that we would pay attention to the things that don't have a sin dimension, because I think that we are forfeiting the blessing of the Word of God over us, or the call of God over us, or the Word of God over twenty twenty five, or maybe we thwarted the word of God or wild with inheritance potential. It's the Word of God that is filled with authority, potential, judicial authority, potential. The Word of God is filled with these things. And we get instruction, and we choose a.
Speaker 2: Bowl of soup instead. I do. Now.
Speaker 1: We choose the bowl of soup because we're hungry. We choose the bowl of soup because the bowl of soup is natural, it's normal, it's dinner time.
Speaker 2: This is what I do. I eat soup.
Speaker 1: God, what in the world are you doing with me? I'm a soup eater. I eat soup. It's soup time. Can I not have my soup? And this is where, this is where even what we do is we even compare ourselves among ourselves. We compare ourselves among ourselves to justify our soup eating. You thought what I'm saying? So in other words, well, you know, they don't have to pray all the time. Why do I have to? You know, they don't have to do this. They don't seem to do that. They aren't called to this. Well, they get to watch this. How come I don't get to watch this? Well, they have that kind of a thing. They have this, they have that. And so we compare ourselves among ourselves. But Romans fourteen four says, quit paying attention to one another. You're only gonna give account unto me. What do you have to do with another man's servant? Quit examining others and justifying your own choices, and it all comes really, it all comes down to obedience. We called him Lord, but I don't know that we really mean it. This is what he's saying to me, and he's saying to me, Dwaine, I need you to really mean that I'm Lord, not just mean that I'm Savior. We all want savior? Do we want Lord? And again, what I want you to focus on today, because this is how the Lord's dealing with us. He wants us focused on things that are legal to do. Because what happens is we know the things that are illegal to do, that's the Lord's territory, and we may allow him to chasten us or rebuke us over those things.
Speaker 2: But the things that.
Speaker 1: Are legal to do, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, That's where I'm Lord, And so we'll present, we'll present, will present all sorts of stuff to him. I mean, we're not gonna lie to you or hanging with girls that do.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna present that stuff to him. Right, we're gonna you know, I got the ten Commandments down I know about okay, Lord, all right, okay, none of that behavior, none of that activity.
Speaker 2: Got that down.
Speaker 1: And of course the Lord's dealing with that at this time as well, because he's preparing us. The spirit of Elijah is ministering to our hearts so that we prepare the way of the Lord. So I've got that down. I'm going to bring that to the cross, okay, Lord, Okay, all right, you're hurting me, houch.
Speaker 2: That helps? Okay, thank you. Lord.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Okay, I know, I know I shouldn't do that. That violates your commandments, and that is my sinful nature. I'll bring that to the cross. But Lord, don't be talking to me about.
Speaker 2: That out her stuff.
Speaker 1: But the Bible says, and I looked up a couple verses during worship because they were popping in my brain.
Speaker 2: Is this okay? Okay?
Speaker 1: Like Isaiah thirty twenty one. Isaiah twenty one says, and your ears will hear a word behind you, this is the way, walk in it, and your ears will hear. Now it's not your physical ears. He's not talking about your physical ears. Isaiah thirty twenty one. He's talking about your spiritual ears. Will hear the voice of the Lord as you're moving on a path that pleases him and a path that's unfolding before you that's of him, and you'll just kind of have this witness this is the way walk in it.
Speaker 2: There's another one.
Speaker 1: That I pulled up, and it's just such a great one and it says that he can direct this when our heart is tender, and what he really wants his tender hearts. And what happens is the more we kind of disobey, then the more we row a little bit of a colllessness over our heart so that we're not hearing the voice of the Lord or perceiving his ability to direct us. Husbands, you ever been directed with a foot under the table?
Speaker 2: Husbands?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been directed with her eyes like you're doing something dumb and she gives you that look?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Children? Children, you were all children once? Were you ever directed by mom or Dad's eyes like they give you the eye right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So this is you know, the Bible says this. The Bible says that our hearts need to be so tender to him. This is Psalm thirty two eight. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will counsel you with my loving eye. I will counsel you with my loving eye. The Lord wants our hearts so tender. But he doesn't want just our sin presented to him, or our flesh, or our carnality, or our carnal desires or anything. He doesn't that's not the limit of lordship. He wants everything presented to him, and anything less means that as he sends his word, because woven into his word is an inheritance. Woven into his word is authority. Woven into his word is priestly empowerment. Woven into his words is all of this stuff. There's like a birthright of something special. Woven into all of his words. The word of his calling over your life, the word of his calling with your wife, a loas somebody, the word of his calling over your ChIL woven into every word over your life is an inheritance, a birthright of blessing and a double portion. And so he's calling us to no longer.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about I want to talk to you a little bit about and I did have some stuff in here on Daniel Uh.
Speaker 2: But because this is.
Speaker 1: The Daniel fath. But I want to talk to you about I want to talk to you about Baalim. You ever heard of Bailim? Numbers twenty two, number twenty two. It says that Israel came up to the place where Moab was and the Moabites got afraid, right, they got super nervous, They got afraid. Let's read it. Chapter twenty two. Israelites traveled the plains of Moab and camped along the Jordan across from Jericho. Now, Beyloch son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Emirates, and Moab was terrified because there were so many people. Indeed, Moab was filled with dread because of the Israelites. The Moabides said to the elders of Midian, this horde is going to lick up everything around us as an ox looks up the grass of the field. So Beyloch son of Zippora, who was king of Moab at the time, sent messengers to summon Baalim, son of Bior, who was at Pethor near the Euphrates River in his native land. Baylock said, the people's come out from Egypt. They cover the face of the land. They've settled next to me. Now, come and put a curse on these people, because they're too powerful for me. Perhaps then I will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know whoever you bless is blessed, in whoever you curse is cursed. So the elders of Moab and Midian left, taking with them a fee for divination. Everybody say a fee, So they took some profit for the prophet, and when they came to Baylim, they told him what Bylock had said. Now I want you to see this story. Baalim is a prophet of God. He's a prophet of God, and the fame of him is throughout the region. And so Bylock is like super nervous. He's scared. He sees this great throng across and he knows that any moment they're going to attack him like they did the others before, and that he's going to be wiped out. So he sends for a prophet to come and curse these people that have come. But these are God's people. He's the prophet, and there's about to be some prophet. There's a fee for the divination. And this is kind of the bowl of the Soup thing is that God's trying to show us throughout scripture that regardless of the payoff, regardless of the enjoyment, regardless of the pleasure, even if it's legal to do, regardless of that which is available, we're always to choose the word of the Lord. We're always to choose to follow God. And here in this case, he illustrates this that if we don't, then there may come chastening. And I personally have this funny feeling that hundreds, if not thousands of Christians in the Body of Christ are under chastening from the Lord, and they don't even realize it. They haven't discerned it. We are not discerning the chastening of the Lord. We have hardened our hearts to the chastening of the Lord. We've literally put a boundary around everything legal and we've said this is mine, God, don't mess with it. It's legal to eat, it's legal to sleep, it's legal to watch television. It's legal to go where I want to go. It's legal to shop, it's legal to buy. Everything legal is mine. I'm the Lord of this territory. I don't even need to ask the Lord about it, because he gave me lordship over it. And then this is a very similar situation. It says that instead of telling them that he wasn't available to prophesy against the people of God, the very people associated with the God from whom he received prophetic utterance, instead of telling them that he told him, just stay the night, spend the night here, and I will report back to you in the answer with the Lord that the Lord gives me. And so the Moabide officials spent the night, and this is a picture of us kind of wrestling with the leading of the Lord. We kind of wrestle with it, We kind of struggle with it, we kind of argue with it. We're kind of like, well, I don't know if I really show out, I don't know. We're kind of struggling with it. And then we're kind of struggling with well, you know, if I don't do it, you know, am I you know? Is this legal for me to do? Is it not legal for me to do? Is it really sin for me to I mean, I don't know if it's really sin, I don't know. And so we see this whole wrestling thing going on with Balam and with this calling. There would have been no wrestling if there wouldn't have been a fee for divination. The reason there was a struggle is because of the reward available for going with them and cursing God's people.
Speaker 2: So he struggled.
Speaker 1: He struggled to the point where he finally even went with them. Right, So Balem got up in the morning verse twenty one, saddled up his donkey, went with them a bite of visuals. But God was angry with them. Now this is interesting. He hasn't even cursed the people yet, he hasn't followed through, He hasn't done anything. But God knows your heart. God knows that he's wishing he could do this.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: God knows when you're wishing you could do something. God knows when you're not totally sold out on his word. God knows when you are holding back on his word. God knows when you're when you're wrestling with his word and you're wishing you could disobey his word.
Speaker 2: God knows that.
Speaker 1: And I'm here to tell you today it doesn't make God happy. And I don't know if you have room in your theology for a little bit of unhappiness out of God? Do you have room in your theology for a little bit of unhappiness out of God?
Speaker 2: Because you know, for years.
Speaker 1: We have developed, you know, the God is Love theology, and we've filled our churches with the God is Love theology, which is fabulous and wonderful. And I love that we have developed our churches into a God is Love theology churches. It's wonderful. It's not just here, it's all over the planet that there's been a shift toward God is Love. But have we developed this theology so deep that we can no longer allow him to rebuke us? If God rebuked you, would you recognize it? The way chastening starts if we could draw a graph, could if we could draw a graph on the whiteboard today, the way chastening starts is the same way chastening starts at your house. You know, first you say a honey, come back to the table and finish your dinner. H and then say thank you for the good dinner before you run off and.
Speaker 2: Play mightn't well rah.
Speaker 1: No, honey, come back to the table, get back and finish your dinner.
Speaker 2: I don't like green beans I know.
Speaker 1: They're not your favorite, honey, but these are good for you. Anything green is good, and so just sit down there and just finish your green beans. So it starts with a rebuke, right, it just starts with a vocal rebuke. But what happens is is that if it's not sin that the Holy spirit's leading us or convicting us away from, if he's not convicting us away from sin, then a lot of times we just rationalize it, we just argue with it. We just like, oh, you know, and we have all these mental gymnastics that are going on until we're able to quench his voice. When we're able to quench his voice, then what happens is that it escalates a little bit and he moves from speaking to afflicting. Now, my backside was afflicted many many times, thousands of times, my backside was afflicted because I didn't heed well the vocal rebuke. But he says in Hebrews twelve that this is him loving us. So when we have a God that loves us, and we've developed the theology of God loving us, but we don't allow him to rebuke us or chasten us, then we have a false love. We don't have a true father. We have a permissive father, we have a harmful father. We don't have a father that really cares about Because a true father cares about you, not only fulfilling the word that he gave you, but receiving the inheritance and the authority, the blessing of the word. And so this is, you know, this is how the chastening starts. In Hebrews chapter twelve. It starts with a rebuke. And here's the end of you know, this is the great story of the story of Bayleem, number twenty two. A lot of you are familiar with it. It says that he went off, but God was angry, and so Byalam was riding on his donkey and two servants are with him. And then the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing by the side of the road with a drawn sword, and so the donkey turns off the road and goes into a field. And so then Balem beats the donkey to get back onto the road, and so then they're going through a vineyard and then there's walls on both sides. The Angel of the Lord stands in front of the donkey, and God was opening the eyes of the donkeys. The donkey could see the Angel of the Lord, and so the donkey's like trying to avoid the sword of the Angel of the Lord and wax Balem's foot into the side of the wall. Right, are you seeing this? And so he beats the donkey again, and then the Lord opens the donkey's mouth, you know, and the donkey's talking to him like, haven't I been your donkey?
Speaker 2: Aren't I a good donkey? Have I failed you?
Speaker 1: Have I ever purposely crushed your foot before? No? You you actually haven't. You know, it doesn't occur to him. I'm talking to my donkey. And then it says, suddenly his eyes were open and he saw the Angel of the Lord, and then he realized he was being rescued from his own folly. So he got off the donkey and he bowed before the Angel of the Lord. You know, I've been rescued from that kind of chastening so many times. I've been rescued so many times that from severe chastening because I paid attention to the rebuke and I repented. And God is calling us to this place. God's calling us to this higher place. And this is really the life of Daniel Daniel could have been so frustrated that he had been stolen away and made a slave. He could have been so frustrated about so many things. He could have been so mad and angry. But he was looking for God's purpose. He was looking for God's purpose and he and then I can imagine how excited he was when he was chosen to be one of the selected ones in this new kingdom. That would have been exciting because he was redeemed out of whatever slavery. All of his brothers and sisters were in and brought into the palace, and then they bring him in and set before him all this choice food.
Speaker 2: He's a young man. You ever seen young men eat?
Speaker 1: They set him in front of all this choice food, and the Lord says, that's not for you, And he's like, what do you mean that's not for me. It's for everybody. It's for everybody. They said, it's for me. They said it's for me. Authority. I'm supposed to be under authority. Authority said it's for me, And the Lord said it's no, it's not for you. You're going to eat vegetables.
Speaker 2: I rebuke you, you.
Speaker 1: Foul demon, not a demon. This is the Lord talking to you. Stand with me this morning church, heads bowed, eyes closed, all across the auditorium. I want to do ask the prayer team to come to prayer team if you would come, and I do want this to be a solemn time where you're just thinking before the Lord in pray, and maybe even just come and offer something to the Lord on your own.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 1: Desire prayer as we close, that's beautiful and appropriate as well someone to pray with you, that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: But just right now, with heads bowed, eyes closed, I.
Speaker 1: Want you thinking right now about the chastening of the Lord. It says in Hebrews chapter twelve starts with a rebuke. It starts with the rebuke, would you allow the Lord to rebuke you? A rebuke is something simple like that's not for you. A rebuke is something simple like turn to the left. I didn't say the right. I said to the left. It's a corrective word. It starts with a corrective word. And many times it's over something that we think everybody else gets to do. But you see, you're not everybody else.
Speaker 2: God has a.
Speaker 1: Special calling on your life. God has a special word for you, a special calling on your life. A special inheritance for you. God has something different for you. Do not look at others, look only to the Lord. What is the Lord calling you to do? What is the Lord saying to you? What is his word over your life? Whatever that word is, that's what you run with with all of your heart. And you never let a bowl of soup take that from you. You never let anything temporal steal that from you. So I'm asking you today, would you repent just where you are, head bowed, eyes closed? Would you repent even as we close in worship? Would you come forward maybe and just kneel before the Lord? Is there something in your life, something you've been choosing, something you've allowed, something that you didn't even count it as sin? Nobody counts it as sin. But for you it's sin because it's idolatry. It's idolatry. To disobey God. It's always idolatry. To lift up your choice against God's that's always idolatry. It's idolatry. To lift up your choice against God's that's idolatry. And if it's idolatry, then for you it is sin. And God is calling you to leave it alone, and to leave and to just follow him, Just follow him, just follow it, and then trust that in doing so, you've entered into birthright obedience. You've entered into birthright obedience. There will be an inheritance for you that's better than a bullet soup. There will be authority, priestly power, there will be everything else that goes with it. We're gonna worship as we go. I'm gonna ask you to respond. Stay as long as you need to, don't let anybody around you, leaving or staying, influence you. And if you need to come forward, do so. As we worship, and as we leave. Today we declare the word of the Lord made precious again to your heart, the word of the Lord made precious again, the calling of the Lord, the desire of the Lord made pressure again to your heart, and supreme above everything else,