Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun four years, I must tell you. Can you imagine Joe Biden being president? I mean four years of well, yeah, he just twitched.
Speaker 3: Did he say anything?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 3: That would have been four years and Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Boring, boring, boring, And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill Handle, and God, good morning everybody, Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: It is day Honday, Wednesday. Everybody's back, everybody's here. The A team has arrived. God, I'm pompous about that, all right, yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, okay in the other direction, are we really the A team?
Speaker 3: Let's open that up for discussion anyway. Good morning, Neil, Good morning Willie Woolf.
Speaker 2: I know Neil is coming back from feeling not wonderful and not a cold or flu. No, No, Neil has had a rough time and he's come to the table and I'm not going to I'm not going to mention that. Several times during the course of it, he runs out of the room to a very important meeting down the hall in the middle of the broadcast, and then comes back a few minutes later.
Speaker 5: So there, Okay, you're delicate, you're dancing around my gastro intestinal Yeah.
Speaker 3: I am, yeah, I am, I am. I did suggest that why bother with toilet paper, just bring a garden hose and you'll be better off.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Cono, Yeah, and Amy, good.
Speaker 6: Morning, painting a nice picture this morning, Bill R.
Speaker 3: I know it's a visual. We can do that. That's one of the beauties of radio.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I did a story about how television local TV was the monumental go to in.
Speaker 3: Terms of the fires, visually and connection.
Speaker 2: Now we go to theater of the mind, which we do in radio, which television cannot do, will never do. And for example, television couldn't actually do that story that I just mentioned read garden hose in the bathroom, But radio you can do that and the visual immediately hits you. And it's a little bit different for anybody else. For example, what size garden hose? What is the PSI of the garden hose?
Speaker 5: I hope it's not a you know, La city one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't have any water in it? Then, yeah, that wouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 2: Or your idea of a garden hose is a power pressure washer.
Speaker 3: So that gets kind of interesting. All right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the boy right off the TANGI good morning in good morning, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 3: As I said, we're going to talk about this. I want to bring this up. I have been saying.
Speaker 2: For the last several months that when President Trump comes into office, we are going to have a ride of our lives. And do you know, sometimes I'm not happy with what he does. Sometimes I'm okay with it. But I have to tell you, after he issued fifteen hundred pardons for every single one of those January six rioters except seven commutations, people up to twenty years in prison for just straight out bringing weapons and conspiring to overthrow the government. That put me in a real state of depression. That really did have.
Speaker 5: To What does that mean commuting the sentence?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven of them got sentence commuted, which means either lowering the sentence, still convicted, or saying you done, you've been tossed, You're out of jail.
Speaker 4: He did say that they were going to investigate further those six or seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As to pardons, the commutations have had. It have happened. Now it's the issue of whether they were given pardons or not that's it. And the rest of them have been pardoned, and you have law enforcement all over the country going come on. One hundred and forty seven of those police officers were wounded, some grievously, and I mean they're in an uproar. And Trump said, no, they're all heroes. They were all hostages, people that went to prison. There was no crime committed, but.
Speaker 3: Didn't officers die.
Speaker 2: One officer died, but not as a result of a direct attack.
Speaker 3: There were some that were wounded very badly.
Speaker 2: And all Trump would talk about is that one woman who had been shot as she tried to break into the chamber and the Capitol police basically held a gun to her head and she still kept trying and she was shot. No investigation. I mean, it was just right there. I mean, there was just no issue.
Speaker 3: You could see that it was an officer doing what officers do. But it was. And then when he was asked and then when he was asked about it.
Speaker 2: Saying, you know, mister President, you pardoned everybody, don't you think you know how about the police officers around the country, His response was, I am the most pro police president.
Speaker 3: In the history of the United States. That was his response unless they get in a way of his people.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you that one that stunned me, That really did that absolutely floored me. I mean, policy is one thing, but that one, the LGBTQ issue. A man you know you're born whatever sex with. I mean, I disagree with that, but I can understand. I can understand the thinking even though I disagree with it. This one, man, you got me on this one.
Speaker 3: You really do. You just I'm just floored.
Speaker 2: And he said it would be on a case by case basis, and it just didn't happen. It was across the board day one. They have already been in prison, they were held too long, inhumane treatment, and you know you don't keep heroes in prison.
Speaker 3: It's just I have to tell you, I'm I'm genuinely floored.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think maybe we will invade Panama.
Speaker 2: Maybe we willed theclare declare war on Panama and bring in American troops.
Speaker 3: At this point, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: All right enough of that, You know, I don't. I don't often. I mean I get in sense, but not to this degree where I'm fundamentally viscerally upset depressed about what's going on. Just come on, please please please, but it doesn't matter. I mean, we're in for I mean, you know, we're out of the climate business. You know that the United States has now officially decided that climate.
Speaker 3: Change does not exist.
Speaker 2: And we're done. And I'll talk a little bit about that later on. I mean, a couple of stats about that are just really and DEI programs gone, and then the federal government and all people that are DEI are gone.
Speaker 3: Not even transferring them. Just you're going to go. I mean, it's some big, big changes are happening, but there's a lot more going on. Let me do that.
Speaker 2: And we got some fire news, but the good news is we're looking backwards and saying what happened as opposed to what is happening. All right, let's do it, guys, handle on the news, Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 3: This isn't one.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to do this story at seven o'clock. Oh, this is going to be a big one. It has to do with the fires. Altadena is east and west west. Altadena is a relatively poor, poorer area in its minority. A lot of blacks live in Altadena. We are now hearing about when the evacuation orders came out. It was West Altadena. They got them early. East Altadena. The of action orders were delayed and most of the people that died in the fire were people in West Altadena.
Speaker 3: WHOA. So we're certainly going to bring that one up, and I.
Speaker 2: Mean good for the authorities when they were asked, because their answer was, uh, well said, well said.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that a little bit later on.
Speaker 4: So fifteen hundred are being released, and those releases are underway. People locked up for their roles in the January sixth capital attack are being released. Judges are starting to dismiss dozens of pending cases. The Federal Bureau of Prisons by yesterday morning had released all of the more than two hundred people that it had in custody. Former Lahabre police chief Allen Hosts one of the people who has been released.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I talked about this before as soon as we got off the air. I'm having a very tough time with this one. All of the January sixth defendants have been released, seven of which had their sentences commuted, but all have been pardoned. Case by case basis doesn't exist. It's they are all hostages, they are all patriots.
Speaker 3: I'm spinning. I am truly spinning on this one. Okay, let's move on. Oh Trump is in the news.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Trump administration is ordering all federal employees in the diversity, equity and inclusion roles placed on paid leave today by this evening. As a matter of fact, according to this new memo from the Office of Personal Personnel Management. So this memo went out yesterday and heads of departments and agencies they were to set a deadline of no later than five pm Eastern time today to inform all employees that they'll be put on paid administrative leave as the agency prefares to close all DEI related offices, programs, and to remove all websites, any social media accounts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's already done well, but they're on paid leave. But by January thirty one, the Trump administration has asked federal agencies for a plan to dismiss all of those employees. Hey, we're going in that direction, White House Press Secretary said in a statement. President Trump campaign on ending the scourge of DEI from our federal government and returning America to a merit based society where people are hired based on skills, not for the color of their skin. You know what, as there is at least an argument you can make on that this is affirmative. The affirmative action argument that can be made.
Speaker 3: On this is essentially the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what they're saying is affirmative. The president is saying, affirmative action is done DEI. But see, here's the difference when you have folks that in terms of looking at it, you've got people in the DEI world that are representing the interests and this is both public and private, the interests of the LBGTQ community, minority community there theoretically, and I know it depends on the program and the person asking for inclusion to be part of everybody else. We just want to be the same as you treat us the same. The people on the other side say no, no, you want to be treated better. That's what DEI is about. You want to be treated because you're a minority. It's not a level playing field, it's you're you're at a higher level. And there's the argument both sides, and I have seen both sides affirmative action.
Speaker 3: There used to be quota systems, used to be straight out quota systems.
Speaker 2: X percent of students had to be black, had to be had to be Hispanic straight out.
Speaker 3: And matter of fact, one of the first and I talked about this in.
Speaker 2: Law school, one of the first reverse discrimination suit was brought to the University of California a guy named David Bockie who was turned down admission to medical school. And in those qualifications in those days, there was a black student who was who was not qualified pursuant to the regulations of the school or Baki was more qualified and was turned down to allow the black student in first lawsuit of reverse discrimination, and the court ended up buying it. And then you have the whole progeny of you know, affermative action and how far can you go?
Speaker 3: And can you look at race? Can you not look at race?
Speaker 2: But it's it's a big, big deal. And now we have an administration that says DEI. You are saying that you want better treatment, and the de I fakes, no, we just want the same treatment, that's the argument.
Speaker 5: So it doesn't affect private businesses, No, okay, so your job.
Speaker 2: This is federal jobs. However, private businesses are moving away from it. The DEI programs being yanked like crazy wokeness.
Speaker 3: They argue has gone too.
Speaker 2: Far by the way. I agree with that. I agree that we've just gone too far. By the way, have you noticed this show is getting back to what it used to be obnoxious, rude, you know, jokes based on ethnicity and religion, which I could, I mean, I had to stop doing it.
Speaker 6: Ah, the good old days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, the good old days. Now, the good old days.
Speaker 2: I can make fun of Mormons with Joseph Smith, you know, getting those plates of gold tablets.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Palmyra, New York. What was that about?
Speaker 2: How about at least Connecticut, which is a nicer area, the suburbs of Connecticut, upstate New York. I mean, come on, so I can make fun of everybody. Armenian women back on the table. I'm telling you what, careful.
Speaker 5: Some of the most beautiful women on the planet, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they are. They're gorgeous, especially after they shave their beards and backs.
Speaker 4: Okay, Egxeth may have some more splaining to do. Pete Hegsas's former sister in law handed an Affidavid over to the Senate Armed Services Committee, accusing him of being abusive toward his second ex wife. The allegations come a week after he had his confirmation hearing in a day after the Senate Armed Services Committee approved his nomination to the full Senate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, He's going to be confirmed, absolutely, And that's you know, we've talked about this before. You know, I sometimes question, uh, you know, President Trump's choices. There are some that are eminently qualified, whether you're agree what Sometimes sometimes no. But you know, heg Seth whose vast military experience is he was a lieutenant in the army and he's now going to be Secretary of Defense. Now he was combat he was honorably dis charge. He held himself out at the highest level.
Speaker 3: So I'm not arguing that.
Speaker 2: But and then all these allegations of wrongdoing, none of that really matters.
Speaker 5: All right, interesting service that the president went to at the inaugural prayer service, the right Reverend Mary Anne is it Bud Buddy ood Booty Booty, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington made a direct appeal to President Trump, sitting just feet away and interesting watching his face in Jade Vans's face, to have mercy on the LGBTQ plus community and undocumented migrants. So the Trump administration has already issued executive orders rolling back transgender rights and toughening immigration policies. She said, unity is not partisan, to which I would sadly say that partisan by definitely, mission is not unit.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, well that unfortunately, I mean, it's typical what the President said. He said, I didn't think it was a good service. They could do much better. And I thought that was fairly benign as to we could have said. And by the way, when the Secret Service threw handcuffs on her, that was coincidental.
Speaker 3: It had nothing to do with what she said.
Speaker 5: He said, I'm confident they won't be having a sermon like that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've seen fire, now we'll see rain, and that could be a big problem. Mayor Baths has issued an emergency executive order directing city crews to clear and remove vegetation, reinforce hillsides, reinforce roads, clear debris, put up concrete barriers and sandbags. The whole idea is to divert storm water into the sewer system to prevent fire contaminated runoff from flowing directly into Yeah, this is tough.
Speaker 2: This is not your normal debris that comes down the mountain side that causes all kinds of damage.
Speaker 3: This is toxic debris.
Speaker 2: That's going to come down because of the houses that burned. It is not pleasant, all right.
Speaker 5: Trump approves mass deportations during mass please hold your applause. Federal immigration authorities will be permitted to arrest people and carry out enforcement actions in and near places such as churches and schools, marking a pretty sharp departure from the long standing policy to avoid what they call sensitive areas. So he says, criminals will no longer be able to hide in America's schools and churches to avoid arrests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Biden administration as policy, not by law. I said, We're not going to get involved in going after illegal aliens migrants who are in churches and schools.
Speaker 3: That's just not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump is gone the other way which president can do and get ancient history. It's kind of The sanctuary business is fascinating. If the authorities were going after you, if you could get into a church or a synagogue, a temple, get in there and grab the altar and scream sanctuary, they couldn't. They couldn't arrest you, no matter how a hump on your back. Yep, they couldn't arrest you. That's correct. Now, if you left the building, they arrested you and in some cases you had to hang on, uh to the altar and never let go.
Speaker 3: So, uh, that's.
Speaker 2: Sanctuary, I thought, I pointed out, it's a jeopardy. It's a jeopardy question. I thought I'd throw that at you.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, is this if they're criminal anything they know? But I'm saying with this, is it in addition to just being an illegal alien?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think the yes. I think it is an additional crust. I think so. I think so they go.
Speaker 5: In and arrest anybody, hasn't there been arrests for criminals, and there have, but.
Speaker 2: It's very very rare. I mean, you know, unless there's active shooter or whatever. They tend not to go into churches and arrest people or schools, and particularly in this case, because according to the Trump philosophy and the statements, every.
Speaker 3: Illegal alien, illegal.
Speaker 2: Migrant is a criminal, a rapist, murderer. I mean, it's crazy. And by the way, I'm not exaggerating too much because that's been said.
Speaker 3: Over and over again.
Speaker 2: So it's a different philosophy, that's all. Now we're going in a different direction.
Speaker 3: It's that simple. So, you know, is Ice going to arrest people at churches.
Speaker 2: Are they going to raid churches in East LA where a ton of illegal migrants go there to pray? Who the hell knows? At this point, look at what just happened yesterday with the pardons.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 6: Putting looters on alert?
Speaker 4: The La County Sheriff's Department says it's increasing patrol in Altadena to combat looting as residents start to head back to their homes about two weeks after the fire swept through. They've been out of their homes under evacuation orders, but the newly formed Looter Suppression Team will provide more surveillance and also be able to respond quicker in the neighborhoods because they were left unsecured for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're catching people what impersonating reporters using a decommission decommissioned fire truck and posing as firefighters, dressing as firefighters. Tell you the first two people they got here, people that were masquerading as looters. They came in and view attended they were looters, and that yeah, boom got arrested immediately.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Huntington Beach Mayor Pat Burns wants the city to be declared a sanctuary city.
Speaker 3: No, not right, not a city.
Speaker 2: Well said, yeah, I'm going to do that at seven point fifty because there's a I think a little bit of politics involved in that one, just a touch.
Speaker 3: So are we doing that at seven point fifty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a seven to zero vote city council proved the resolution to make Huntington Beach a non sanctuary city.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean this is all crap in terms of anything that is going to actually happen, but it is a statement.
Speaker 3: Boy is it a political statement?
Speaker 5: Same as a sanctuary city's crap too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Actually, a sanctuary it's a little bit different with a sanctuary city. We're going to be because you cannot you cannot cooperate with authorities that are going after if they're if someone is being held as an is someone being held criminally, you can't even ask them in California. So a sanctuary city doesn't have much legal poll as you said, legal ramifications. But boy, is that a political Is this a political conversation to have that seven fifty?
Speaker 6: Well, who needs a credit card? Not you?
Speaker 4: If you want to go on Jet Blue, they are now going to accept Venmo for flights. It's a first for airlines. Venmo payment options are available on the airlines website and will roll out on their mobile app in the coming months. It's the latest of Jet Blue's efforts to attract the younger crowd and also beef up there.
Speaker 6: I don't know, is it their ridership they've.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean all these carriers, the low cost carriers are getting nailed.
Speaker 3: The big ones are doing fine.
Speaker 2: American Delta, Southwest United Airlines and they already accept Venmo.
Speaker 3: Who Ever thought the credit cards were a thing of the past, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think they do. This is the first one, is it. This is the first one to accept Venmo.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, now, okay, hold on, I think you misread this. Maybe they miss maybe they miss reported it. Many airlines, including American Delta, Southwest United, did already accept payments using Venmo.
Speaker 3: So I caught you. No, that doesn't happen very often. I caught you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to continue it because it's they accept PayPal right now.
Speaker 6: They don't except venmo, oh was owned by PayPal.
Speaker 3: I okay, I didn't. I didn't see the dot.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought that was going to get Bill and Neal heated bummer.
Speaker 6: We're going to go cust to fifth on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, US Food and Drug Administration. You heard this during wake up Call this morning with Amy King expanded approval for Johnson and Johnson's nasal spray Spravado and this is allowed to be used as a standalone treatment for patients with severe depression. This is the ketamine derived drug. It was first approved in twenty nineteen to be used in combination with antidepressants and later for patients experiencing suicidle thoughts or action.
Speaker 3: So pretty powerful stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's now in a spray, So don't confuse that with your nasal spray because you're in for a big surprise if you think you're putting affron in your nose as opposed to ketamine.
Speaker 5: They should switch that out like pepper spray out for this and see and people just chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and something else. Amy, let's finish it up with this, and you reported this this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, heck of a thank you too. It's nineteen million new subscribers. Netflix is raising its subscription fees again. Now they're going to let's see two fifty going up for the standard which is no ads, So it's going to be seventeen ninety nine a month. If you want ads, it's going up a dollar to seven ninety nine. If you want the premium tier, which includes four K video quality, that's going up by two dollars to twenty four ninety nine. Would go ahead just saying that they're increasing their prices after just getting a record nineteen million new subscribers in the last.
Speaker 3: One Yeah, Netflix is doing well.
Speaker 2: I have a question because I have no ads Netflix what And I don't think I have high high premium tier.
Speaker 3: I don't think I grabbed the top one. And I don't care about four K.
Speaker 2: What do you get other than four K when you pay twenty five bucks a month instead of eighteen dollars a month.
Speaker 3: I don't know any idea? Have it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I have Netflix? Any idea?
Speaker 5: Neil?
Speaker 3: What what you get?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I don't even know what we pay for it? Or I don't think we have spots or ads on ours?
Speaker 2: You know I pay for Paramount plus it's all ads. I pay money for ads now.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the Amazon the Amazon Prime one has ads now that's yeah.
Speaker 2: And and by the way I pay, I have all the big ones. I just got print Box for example, so I pay buckets of money, although Lindsay's very good about we change it up every month when there's new combos and new bundles. Oh discounts, Oh god, yeah yeah, but it's I have so many of them, and now they're more and more ads are coming into them and go, but I'm paying for no ads?
Speaker 3: What are you doing to me?
Speaker 6: Isn't this what happened with cable back in the day?
Speaker 2: I think, so yeah, Yeah, it's really depressing.
Speaker 3: All of it is depressing. You know, life is depressing. I'm I'm going to I think here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to take a microphone and record me jumping off the building tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Let's just promote it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a swan dive off the building and just a great ratings.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you.
Speaker 6: I think we need to get you some of that nasal spray.
Speaker 3: You think, so? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 5: I think Gary and Shannon will do the play by play on that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they will, all right, KF I am sixty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,