Speaker 1: Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Phone numbers five zero two, five seventy nine hundred. This is Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. I got Shannon behind the glass. I think he's behind the glass. I was speaking to him before the show. I'm not sure though. I am in Panama City, Panama, as you all well know, on paid vacation. Don't say anything else, Shennon and this is Eve Sports Radio and welcome back. So here's what we have. Anthony and I are truly sitting here in Panama City, Panama, getting ready to go to see the Panama Canal today and a lot of other things that we're going.
Speaker 1: To talk to you all about.
Speaker 2: We're also going to give you all the sports information that's going on about our Cards baseball team heart fault loss Coastal Carolina is just very good. We know that, period point blank. They are probably the favorites. But we'll have to wait and see a really heart fault game last night which I watched watching I think lsu.
Speaker 1: I was just offul to watch. Anyway, We're well talk about the baseball. Of course, we've got the Lakers. Of course, we've got Duas Sanders, a one hundred miles an hour in my truck.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got a lot to talk about, and first and foremost, I'm got to tell you about my trip and June teenth. Then I'm an throw it to my son, who's going to give you all all the national news. And then from there we'll start to get into the show. But like always, I have to tell you all I have to my traveling. I'm telling you the bandwagon of Eve Sports Radio travel. It's comical and I'm sure I'm not the only one when I'm telling you all this. This is one hundred percent factual. I probably bought my Airplayer fair tickets to Penama City in December. We plan a family trip. Family comes, we go different places, enjoy ourselves. So I bought my tickets. I know in December. Guys, in my portfolio, I have preferred seat OWL. When I bought my tickets in December, I bought an aisle seat, no question, right behind first class in the extended stay area. Perfect seat. I get it ninety percent of the time. Okay, my wife is right next to me in the middle seat. Load and behold. We arrived at the airport. I don't think about checking I just checking in at delta. Do the hand of my bag. Young lady does a great job. She puts in my freaking flyer. Numbers the streets, you got quite a few of them, and I do. We go through the scenario. I go to the gate.
Speaker 1: I'm still not thinking about anything. They start boarding the plane.
Speaker 2: Of course service members first, thank you for you o service, and then anyone that needs help getting down, older people, young ladies with kids, and all the chairs and all the toys. I went through that before also, and then first class, and then of course extended stay.
Speaker 1: We're usually level two or three to board.
Speaker 2: Zone tour three. Excuse me to board, so I think zone three hits did on time? Get on the plane, start looking and next thing I know, load and behold my seat is the window seat.
Speaker 1: Load and behold they changed. They changed the airplane.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: When they do that, they can do whatever they want to your seat, which I did not know. Only thing they have to do, which I found out yesterday after we landed in Atlanta, is that they must keep you in the section that you purchased. But that aisle seat that I thought I owned, Nah, you do not. They can move you to any seat in that area. Well, load and behold, I went from an aisle seat to a window seat with probably maybe eighteen inches. Now listen, I wasn't as a set about the window seat. My wife's sitt in the middle. There was a gentleman on the aisle who bought his ticket three weeks ago. You told me I'm sitting there, going you get an aile bought it three weeks ago. I bought my name December and I get the window. Okay, thank you, Delton. I'm sitting there. There's absolutely no leg room. Thank you that i'd got my left knee replaced her. I would not have been able to sit there. It was just that crowd, and I took pictures of it. So we get off the plane in atlant Everything's smooth, A pilot does its job.
Speaker 1: It's a great flight. I don't almost slip over this time.
Speaker 2: And I go to one of the help desk and that's when the lady explains to me that you own nothing. So I said, well, then, truly, you're just glorified Southwest. I can buy the seat, think I own the seat, but I really don't.
Speaker 1: She says, no, you really don't.
Speaker 2: If they move or change the airplane, they can move you anywhere in that section. So again, guys, I've just been traveling my entire life. First air plane flight was west Until flew me to Baltimore and Maryland to be at his basketball camp. And I think I was thirteen years old. Was my first light ever had a suit and tie on. How that has changed? No one gets dressed up for flights anymore. I mean, you got to see the way people dress on these planes. But anyway, that's what happened. So I was a little upset about it, but I got in my opinion, I got beat again. So that was first thing.
Speaker 1: Now it starts. You all aren't gonna believe this. We land.
Speaker 2: It's my wife and I, Martin Dunbart and his wife Janet, Randy Parker and his wife all we're just golfing buddies and my daughter Ashley. We land in Atlanta when we're sitting there waiting to board our flight to Panama City, Panama, And of course.
Speaker 1: You know what they did.
Speaker 2: Anyone who wants to give up their seat, anyone, we'll give you the thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Of course, you all don't know.
Speaker 2: My wife, you all, she goes to yard sales. I mean Frougo's not even the word. She's like a thousand dollars. I'm like, you're not giving up your seat.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 2: Astley sitting across room and she's like, no, mom stopped. It went from one thousand to twelve hundred. Shannon went from twelve hundred to fifteen hundred. So now she was looking at me and I'm not gonna lie to you all. I'm sitting there going, m fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: How long are you gonna have to stay? Will you be able to get here today? Well, no, that was the catch. No, you'll have to stay overnight.
Speaker 2: They'll put you up in a hotel, they'll give you three square meals, and they'll transport you back and forth. So my wife is looking at me, Ashley's looking it's like fifteen hundred. Jann the Dunbar, Martin's wife, everybody's like fifteen hundred. Well, the three men, we're sitting there going we don't care, don't do what you want to do. The four women hop up. They go to the window of the.
Speaker 1: Jane Dumbar, Martin's wife. She's more approval than she was.
Speaker 2: They walked up and said, didn't you say two thousand dollars. The lady at the counter announced two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: For anybody who wants to give up their seat. So, guys, you all know what happened.
Speaker 2: The lady stayed. They're flying there today. They took the two thousand dollars. Now that's eight thousand bucks no matter how you do the math. I was sitting there saying myself two thousand dollars. That means my wife stays out of my pocket.
Speaker 1: Yes, take the money. So they did. So half the game will come in today. They'll arrived at one o'clock. They stayed somewhere. They put them in a hotel.
Speaker 2: They said it was really nice, about four or five minutes from Atlanta's airport. They'll be leaving today and they've got two thousand dollars in their pocket. So, guys, Delta, I love you. When I landed in Atlanta, I was mad at you. Out of Atlanta, I host two thousand dollars rich if my wife was so.
Speaker 1: See, you just never know the turn of events.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that is the bottom line with what transpired with that, we're already at six fourteen. Yes, I'm in Panama City, Panama. Yes I'm going to the Panama Canal. It's absolutely four point one miles from my hotel. That's my first stop after I work out, breakfast shower, I'm gonna go see the Canal.
Speaker 1: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: Frankie's here, Anthony's here, Frankie's wife, Macey's with him.
Speaker 1: So we're all here.
Speaker 2: The whole game will get here soon and we'll re unite and have a great time. But anyway, guys flying with the Ease family, I'm telling you, it's like the Griz Walls. You just don't know what you're gonna get when it's Christmas. So what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna go break. When we come back, I'm gonna throw at to Anthony, who was sitting right here. He's gonna give us all the national news. And then after that, before I go to my second break, I'm gonna tell you all a little bit about why I'm on. It's Juneteenth, but I think I need to educate the public a little bit about it. I am on the Juneteenth Committee in the City of Louisville. I was at the Mayor's office not yesterday, two days ago. During this press conference, we spoke about Juneteenth that's the press conference where they announced that they're going to do something for Tom Jorge, which I'll speak about that also and when we come back out of the break. So guys, let's state a task from Panama City, Panama. Beautiful day, sunshining, I.
Speaker 3: Mean beautiful day.
Speaker 1: This is EVE Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'll be back Anthony the Eaves will take the wheel and I'll talk to you in a minute.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to E Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: The time over here is six eighteen am. My dad's got the Keen Deluxe Sweet. We're not going to ask how much that cost because the view that he gets from his room is a little bit different from mine.
Speaker 4: He's on the tenth floor. I'm on the third.
Speaker 5: I'm almost I'm almost in the casino at this point. But we're having an amazing time over here. Obviously, the story y'all did here is correct. My mom and some of her are still in Atlanta, Georgia right now. They got that flight voucher that you know. I think about it, I'm like, what I would have seed for two thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 5: Probably, But we got to get into some of this national news. Obviously, the only thing that I can say about Panama is. We don't get a lot of channels in English. They like to make it a little bit difficult over here. So I'm watching ESPN in Spanish, which is helping my Spanish grow drastically, by the way, but it does make it a little bit difficult. When I cut it on, I was screwing through the channels. I said, they gotta have an English ESPN over here.
Speaker 4: The only thing that was in English was the U of L baseball game.
Speaker 5: In the LSU baseball games, they show those in English, but everything else is in Spanish.
Speaker 4: But the big thing we have to get into is obviously.
Speaker 5: The Bus family that has shown that has sold a majority ownership of the Lakers to Walter Mister Walsh is himself for ten million dollars back in seventy nine when the Bus family bought the Lakers for sixty seven and a half million dollars. Over a forty six year period, it has gone up to ten billion dollars. The worth of these franchises now is incredible. Of the amount of money that you put and invest into a company or into a sports organization, how much it grows over not even a four and a half year decades span. It's incredible and I still think about it sometimes in my little small head, who in the right hindes just has ten billion dollars just to cough up on the NBA franchise team.
Speaker 2: Just to give you all a perspective what I signed with you told you as in nineteen eighty three, the rookie minimum was forty thousand dollars, and my dad said, you make forty thousand dollars. But he couldn't believe at my first year, he could not believe that was my opening south forty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars, guys, And I was happy.
Speaker 2: Darryl Griffith signed a four year deal for right at a million, and it was just unheard of. All four years for a million dollars. It was unheard of, just crazy, And we have come to this point today. We're players are making sixty million a season. You've got journeymen making five ten million dollars a year, you've got ownership groups. Just remember we fought the Boston Celtics, oh a year or so ago. That's so excuse me.
Speaker 3: This year for six point one billion was unheard of.
Speaker 1: We thought that was unheard of.
Speaker 2: It took them a long time to negotiate that and here comes Mark Walter along with Magic Johnson and the group, the TWG Group, and pays ten billion ten billion. So just to give you a little perspective of how far this league has gone. And we're going to talk a little bit at the end of the day about the people watching. Are we watching or aren't we watching? It is a double edged sword which we're gonna talk about. But I'm gonna throw it back to Anthony to finish with some of the national news before we really get into these topics. The Lakers is one of them. I knew Jerry bus Person. He was a great that they had on HBO was quite true. I mean, he was a woman's man now he loved her woman eyes.
Speaker 3: But he resurrected the Lakers, he really did.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that, but I'm throwing back to Anthony and let him finish with the national news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, and obviously we can't forget about the big game to night. We still got the Thunder and the Pacers playing at seven thirty on ABC tonight. I just read a small paragraph, a very short paragraph, talking about the finals, specifically this finals and even some over the past couple of years of how the ratings have been down drastically over the NBA Finals, down twenty four percent from its average over the last ten years. Obviously, the NBA Finals I think was in its prime.
Speaker 4: Obviously when you're going in Golden.
Speaker 5: State Warriors and Steph Curry, Clay Thompson and Draymond Green era against Lebron and the Cavaliers, Lebron and the Miami Heat Kevin Durant when.
Speaker 4: He was on the Warriors, I think that his.
Speaker 5: Peak NBA Finals basketball that we might have for a while.
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard no.
Speaker 4: And this is even though.
Speaker 5: Off topic discussion that I've been seeing lately, that I actually want your opinion on, Pops.
Speaker 4: Who do you think is the better overall point guard?
Speaker 1: Stephen Curry or Magic Johnson?
Speaker 2: Again being honest with everyone, the bottom line is this, Magic Johnson was a true point guard. His job was to get his teammates involved.
Speaker 3: He let the league and assist.
Speaker 2: He had the ball in his hands like the quarterback eighty percent of the time. Curry's is a little different. He does get his teammates involved with his movement. Anthony, they set screens for him. He is the best conditioned kid I've seen in a long time. He runs quite a bit in a game without the ball, giving up with his teammates because they play off of his movement. But Curry is not a point guard. He is still and will always go down as the greatest shooter period, point blank. I love Larry Bird. Oh, Curty is the greatest shooter ever fall not even close, not even close. So Magic Johnson's the best point guard.
Speaker 3: Curry is.
Speaker 2: Again, He's in the top seven all time. People want to put him there.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: He's changed the game, but he's positionless unless you just wanted to say he's the greatest shooter, which would make him a two guard.
Speaker 5: M I'm glad to get either that because I have to disagree on that.
Speaker 4: The only reason why I say that is off of impact.
Speaker 5: Obviously, his style of play is what makes him a point guard because it makes it so much.
Speaker 4: Easier for others.
Speaker 5: And I say that now is and if you were to put Magic Johnson on the team like the Golden State Wars when he got drafted developing in their team, would Magic Johnson be as Steph Curry is how he plays now.
Speaker 4: Obviously it goes both ways as vice versa with Steph Curry be as good with Kareem. I hate to say it.
Speaker 5: I love Magic Johnson because I think he's phenomenal point guard and I'm not gonna ever knock his accomplishments and skills. But at the same time, do I think it was that difficult for him to be that great of a point guard playing with Kareem.
Speaker 4: Abdul Jabbar m I don't know.
Speaker 5: He was on one of the best Lakers teams probably in franchise history, and I think we all know that.
Speaker 4: Obviously he was.
Speaker 5: A big role in that as well, but not when.
Speaker 4: He got there. But that is it. But the okay, and even the war is Stephen Curry.
Speaker 5: When he got to Golden State, they were horrible to They weren't making the playoffs at him Monte Allis, you know they were. They were bottom of the barrel in the West. I still like to keep him a close comparison because outside of passing, I think Magic Johnson has Steph Curry beat I think Steph Curry beats Magic.
Speaker 3: In every other category.
Speaker 2: Again, but the categories, the categories would fall back to the scoring aspect.
Speaker 3: Anthony. Defensively, Magic was the better player.
Speaker 2: He could guard multiple positions, they hide Steph, they move him around. He tries, but they move him around away from defensive assignments. But the deal is this, steals doesn't mean that you're a great defender. See that's a misconception.
Speaker 4: Defensive player, that you're always the leader in the blocks.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because he's helping his teammates. Shot blocker is a different he's protecting everybody. Steals means that you gambled quite a bit. As a coach, I didn't like people that really led the league and steals Anthony because they broke down your defensive concept. But going back to it, the deal with Magic Johnson Anthony, he was a legitimate six foot nine point guard.
Speaker 3: That if you watch his highlight tapes.
Speaker 2: He's done things on transition when the league was truly transition, fast break basketball, getting up and down or Anthony. He made passes that are unbelievable, just unbelievable. At six to nine. He wasn't walking it up, backing people down, Anthony like today's game. Like Brunson Anthony, he was in transition, moving it. That's why the game was different. Today the game is very stagnant. I love Curry because he does move, but the Lakers still sold for ten billion. Ten billion. Don't understand the Lakers sold for ten billion. Where this league is gone now and how it's transpiring, what it's doing for communities, just the money that it's bringing in to these cities like Memphis, like Oka. See, I'm not gonna get into it to you don't know where I stand on that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave it alone. I'm not gonna talk about my city.
Speaker 2: Of Louisville anymore about that. But come on, guys, we had opportunity to be in the league. That it is bringing this kind of money to the community. That's all there is to it. It helps ta tax dollars. People don't understand tax dollars. So anyway, we're gonna keep it pushing. We're already at.
Speaker 3: Six twenty seven.
Speaker 2: When we come back, We've got a lot of other national news we're going to get to. But I do want to talk to people as we go to our second break. I'm in Panama City, Panama. I'm going to go see the Panama Canal. I can't wait. I'm really interested in seeing that. I'm gonna take the tour. Of course, it's about seven hours to take the tour to go through the canal. So I'm definitely gonna do that when I'm here because I want to experience that.
Speaker 3: But I do want to talk.
Speaker 2: About June kyeenth, and it's a holiday and usually I take off Juneteenth, but I just wanted since I was on the Juneteenth Committee, I wanted to have an opportunity to explain to people.
Speaker 3: Again, a lot of people do not know what.
Speaker 2: Juneteenth is, which I understand I'm fine with because our history has not been told in totality. Guys, just I don't get it. I'm gonna be honest with you, but I'm just telling you. I am telling you the truth. Juneteenth. June the nineteenth, guys, is when a section of slaves in Texas were informed about the Emancipation Proclamation that they had been free.
Speaker 1: Got me.
Speaker 3: It is eighteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: We know the Civil War was April twelfth, eighteen sixty one to April eighteen sixty five. We don't know the exact date that it ended, but the month of April got me. So at that time there was a group of people that had not found out about what it transpired. With the Civil Wars, the deadliest war in American history, which people do not want to talk about.
Speaker 3: And what was it about?
Speaker 2: The North and the South were debating slavery and how states should run their government got me and the North thought and the federal government that the South was not well properly using its resources. The South thought that they should have the right to do what they wanted, what they called their slaves, and that the government should not be entitled to tell them yes or no.
Speaker 3: So that was the beginning of the Civil War. That's what it was about.
Speaker 2: And over six hundred and twenty thousand Americans got over it.
Speaker 3: Quite a few guys got over it.
Speaker 2: So when they did finally reach there weren't phones sal phones. The guys we finally reached Texas where it was first celebrated. Juneteenth in the state of Texas is when the slaves in Texas found out. So that's why we're celebrating today juneteenth nineteenth and that's the reason why. So again, we had over six hundred and twenty thousands and Americans. Now that's I can't that's not exact. I want to tell you all. I want to be one hundred percent factor with you all. They're not sure truly how many died, but they know it was the Deadlist War. Ever, some estimate that the Union lost three hundred and sixty and the Confederates lost over around two hundred and fifty eight thousand people.
Speaker 3: So, guys, that's just the bottom line.
Speaker 2: So when we're going through some of the issues renaming some of the forts after Confederate generals, guys, you just have to really debate and say, what are we doing? Just think about it, now, what are we doing? Yes, History always tells the truth, guys. Don't you understand? History always tells the truth because the truth will come out, period, point blank, no matter what it's said at the time. Just like now, History's going to tell you what the truth is. People will make a decision on yes or no. Just like in eighteen April twelfth of eighteen sixty one, when the decision was that they were going to fight over this, Guys, the South thought that they were correct.
Speaker 3: They did history.
Speaker 2: Now now we know, we all know this slavery was wrong, but then people did not think it was. Just like now when we're trying to say we're gonna make it for it Bragfort, guys, we're gonna say it now, but History's gonna tell us who is right and wrong, and we already know we do. We just want to tell the truth. We do not for some reason right now want to tell the truth. That's all there is to it, and we all know it. So that's one of the reasons why I'm on today instead of taking off travel day and today is because I just wanted to address it so that people, I don't care what side you're on. In April twelfth of eighteen sixty one, and when they were going through all they tried to avoid this war, they did they but they couldn't. People fought over this because they thought they were right. Well, history is told who is right and wrong. We know who was right.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 2: Slavery is wrong, period point blank, always was and always will be. So now here we are talking about woke and erasing things, they're just correcting things, guys, period point blank. I don't know why we'd go or fly slavery, period point blank. And don't know why who would? Why would we? But that's where we are now. We are here now for some reason. No matter where you stand on what you are, Republican or a Democrat, the bottom line, we all know slavery was wrong. But here we are now, period here we are. History will tell the truth and we won't be here. But just remember your grandkids will be and they're gonna be evaluating us this Esports Radio.
Speaker 3: We'll be back after the break. Talk to you in a minute.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, hit the baseball.
Speaker 5: Ye welcome back to the sports Radio. The time is six thirty five am. We got to get into our segments. I know I was rambling on about Magic Johnson and Steph Curry, but we're going to still get into it.
Speaker 4: And I hate to see our cards. They fell short a little bit yesterday.
Speaker 5: They lost to Coastal Carolina in the Mint College World Series eleven to three, which.
Speaker 4: I hate to say, phenomenal season.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it. I wasn't expecting Louis to go this far. I don't think a lot of people were. But you know, sometimes even in your own team, they got to prove you wrong, and you know, we love to see it.
Speaker 4: I'm glad they proved me wrong.
Speaker 5: I love seeing the UFO Baseball be successful. I love u of L sports being successful. It brings so much energy and liveliness to the city. It gives a fans something to rave and be something excited about our young student athletes going out there and succeeding, hitting goals and achieving monuments and accomplishments that every kids as a college athlete wants to hit.
Speaker 4: So they will have been eliminated.
Speaker 5: Coastal Carolina will go on to play in the Men's College World Series. They will be playing LSU, who won against Arkansas late last night in a walk off. A couple of crazy innings. Arkansas pulled a similar thing that Arizona did to u of L a round before a lot of unforced eras mis catches a lot of hits and runs to take him out late in the ninth inning. Because I hate to say it, Arkansas has scored two runs at the top of the ninth to give themselves a little cushion over them.
Speaker 4: They gave They gave himself a five.
Speaker 5: To three lead cushion over them going into the ninth and LSU rally to score three runs in a walk off that tipped off the second baseman's glove to round out the runner at second to score an RBI game winner. It's that's why he's It's a lifestyle for a lot of people. It changes people's lives forever. You'd be surprised and perspective of how I do look and viewpoint of others, and even watching sports now from playing them, I don't really watch as a fan anymore. People always ask me what my team is. I have my team for basketball and football. Outside of that, I watch more.
Speaker 4: For analytics, skills, data.
Speaker 5: Development rather than not just going out there yelling at the TV at the game. But you know, we'll be having our World Series going on. They will be playing later on this week. They'll be playing in Saturday Coastal Carolina when LSU will be playing at six o'clock on Saturday for their game one.
Speaker 4: Game two will be on Sunday, and if they need to go to a.
Speaker 5: Game three, that will be on Monday at six thirty as well. So we'll get to kick that off this weekend with some exciting baseball going on.
Speaker 4: Huge stuff in sports, huge stuff. I love to see it.
Speaker 5: And obviously we still have tons of MLB baseball going on. They're still early in their seasons and I hate to see it. I remember we talked about it that the Rockies had the worst seventy games stretch history. They've bounced back and been winning games lately. They've been winning a lot of games they've been I think in the month of June and May alone they were up a lot of games.
Speaker 4: I know they won their first series in May.
Speaker 5: They beat the Washington Nationals twice in their series, so they're making some turnarounds. Show has come back. The Dodgers are kind of getting back on full steam again. They've won their last couple of games. Will Smith hit the pinch, hit home, running the knife to beat the Padres last night. Yes, U of L's across the board everywhere, and even we still have the Club World Cup, which I was talking about yesterday with Dante and my brother. The World Cup is still going on for the clubs, which is a little bit different, which is nice. The World Cup next year is actually gonna be held in the United States, which we might have to go to be held in Mexico, Canada and the US at a couple of different locations. So Man City played yesterday, Real Madrid Javentus.
Speaker 4: Which a lot of these clubs.
Speaker 5: If you're not a big soccer fan, these are the clubs that are probably some of the biggest clubs and most expensive sports organizations outside of MLB, NFL and baseball playing soccer players one hundred million dollars over four year spans at seventeen years old.
Speaker 4: It's phenomenal to see. I love soccer.
Speaker 5: I played soccer a little bit before I started playing basketball, so that's something that I always kind of have near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 4: I love watching the Premier League La Liga over in Spain. Huge stuff over there. So and also I.
Speaker 5: Almost forgot to touch in on it that we do got the Travelers Championship that will be coming on today. Scotti s Sheffier was the previous winner last year, but it's anybody's field this year. Obviously, they got tea times going off at seven am, so they'll be playing over up in Cromwell, Connecticut. They're playing TPC River Highlands, which is a phenomenal course. I saw a couple of pictures on a little bit earlier. There's a lot of names in here. I love seeing the tournaments. Were all the big names playing a Scotti, Scheffler, JJ Sponde, who just came off of his US Open championship this past weekend. Obviously you know he got the big names in their Rickey Fowler, Sam Bird's, Roy McElroy being there.
Speaker 4: So you always got to keep your eye on some golf. I love watching golf, specially on vacation. Hopefully we get to play over here.
Speaker 5: We drove by some courses coming from the airport. Our airport on this trip was a lot better than the Saint Lucian when you heard last year our Saint Lucian trip last year from the airport to the resort had to be one of the most bizarre rides in my entire life.
Speaker 4: I've never been carstick until that day.
Speaker 5: It was about about eighty nine miles of a windy back road, just going through pretty much.
Speaker 4: The jungle in the mountains.
Speaker 5: And if you've never had anxiety before, you would you would have had it would in the first time you had an anxiety attack in a bus.
Speaker 4: But this one was a lot more, a lot more leisurely.
Speaker 5: You know, you get into an uber coming outside the airport, you drive on the normal highways.
Speaker 4: The traffic here in the city alone, if.
Speaker 5: Panama City, if you've never seen it in person.
Speaker 4: The city's huge.
Speaker 5: We flew in on the airport I had I had the window seats, so I opened the window up.
Speaker 4: They got skyscraper buildings from miles miles.
Speaker 5: It makes Louisville look like a little hole in the wall, and I always saw pictures of it online, but it's so much different in person.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that some of the architect that they.
Speaker 5: Have in their buildings out here is something that you've never seen before. They got a Pandora building that looks almost looks like a spiral staircase that goes up probably fifty to sixty floors. It's a Pandora and we haven't figured out if it's the.
Speaker 4: Pandora Radio building or the Pandora Jewelry.
Speaker 5: Building, So we're still trying to figure that out, but we're gonna do some more research as we go around the city.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hit the.
Speaker 5: Canal today, hopefully with our mom and and sister and some of her friends. Getting later this weekend, we'll be able to go down to one of the beaches. We're in the heart of Panama City and the beach is tucked off about forty five minutes south.
Speaker 4: From where we're seeing.
Speaker 5: Usually we're just saying on the beach and away from the city, and this year is the first time we kind of switch it around to where we're in the city and then we can just go to the beach, because you know, the beach is nice. But sometimes you want to see the authenticity of different countries.
Speaker 4: Being able to see what.
Speaker 5: They eat, how they shop, what they wear, what they like to do in their free time. It's it gives you a big culture shock of how they live their lifestyles in different countries than how we live in the US because it's night and day.
Speaker 4: You know, we're very materialistic in the US, and I will say that when it comes to clothes, cars, watches, jewelry, money, over here, it's not the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, you'll see people they'll be wearing the nicest suit you've ever seen, and they walk to work. I had to see two hundred people walking work in full suits yesterday when ninety degree weather and the humidity.
Speaker 4: Is high here, folks, it is high.
Speaker 5: It's not that Kentucky is humid, but it makes Kentucky seem like you're in a paradise. You walk outside of the resort and the sweat hits you as soon as you come out the front door.
Speaker 4: So if you ever want to lose some weight, Animal City is the place to come for you, because.
Speaker 5: You'll you'll sweat it all out In about fifteen minutes, but gosh, I know we'll hand it over to my father and we're gonna get a little bit into This Juneteenth segment informs the people of what's going on and what Juneteenth really is.
Speaker 2: Hey, joab nye, y'all can tell I'm on vacation.
Speaker 3: I'm just relaxing. It's just a beautiful day. I mean, it's a beautiful day here.
Speaker 2: But if you get an opportunity, definitely google Panama City, Panama. I can't wait to go see the canal and I've traveled quite a bit and.
Speaker 3: It's very, very close.
Speaker 2: It's the size of I think it's a little larger than a Chicago because it's got multiple.
Speaker 3: Segments of really high rises.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it just surprised me how large this city is and how many people live here. And Anthony is correct, they still do wear suits and ties to work. I kind of like that, you all. But anyway, I'm gonna get away from that dressed down situation. I might get in trouble. So guys, we're already at about seven forty three. This is Juneteenth Holiday. There are a lot of people off. Most people aren't on today, but I came on for a reason. So I just wanted to explain to you a little bit about Juneteenth. And guys, we all do understand. History is the key. You must know it so we don't repeat it. Period point blank. That's all there is to it. And we all know. My dad told me a long time ago, and I'm gonna tell you, and I was bad.
Speaker 3: Guys, don't get it wrong. I was bad. That God gives you a little bird that's always with you.
Speaker 2: It's called You're conscious. He stands right on your show. He walks with you. You know when you do wrong.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: So when you get caught, don't try to hit me with the attitude because you know you're wrong.
Speaker 1: And I was wrong a lot.
Speaker 2: Bottom line, we all were. But we must know and learn what is right and wrong. Slavery was wrong, period point blank. Any piece of it was wrong, period point blank. And any piece of it that you think that we should lift up this period point blank and wrong. That's all there is to it. There is nothing else. I don't care what tells you. That's all there is to it. And history will tell us that. So seven forty four year times six forty four here when we come back. I got to hit you. I don't know how Sada Sanders. He was doing one hundred and one miles per hour in Strongville, Ohio. Of course, I coached for the Cleveland Cavaliers. As you all can see, I've been fired from a lot of jobs. I tell people I've been fired so much it doesn't even bother them anymore.
Speaker 3: A lot of people get upset with losing their job. I'm like, why just go get another. One.
Speaker 2: Successful person is the person that just keep swinging, period, point blank, just keeps swinging. But he was at one hundred and one miles per hour. But here's the kicker. He was in a Dodge Ram TRX black. I got a Dodge Ram TRX black. I got it from a boy, Billy Hayes the downy country. I don't know how he got my car, Billy, but he did. But how much slow him down? I don't do one hundred miles per hour in the TRX. It will do it, guys. It's seven hundred and two horse power. It's crazy fast. I don't know how he got my truck, but we'll have to find out. We'll talk a little bit more about it after the break. This is the sports radio for numbers five zero two, five seven, one seventy nine hundred.
Speaker 3: We're in Panama City, Panama. It is juneteenth. Celebrate the date just like we do the fourth of July. Please.
Speaker 2: It is the same. That's all I'm telling people, guys. It is the same, exactly the same. We'll talk to you all in a minute.
Speaker 5: All right, Now, here's the d Welcome back to East fourth Radio time is six forty eight phone numbers five h two, five seven, one seventy nine hundred.
Speaker 4: We got to get back into our NBA finals.
Speaker 5: You know, this is a do or die situation for Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 4: And I say are Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 5: That's the closest team we got and that's the only team I can I can represent outside my Raptors, because my Rappers haven't been to the NBA playoffs since twenty nineteen when we wanted. But they're in a situation where that Game four put them in.
Speaker 4: A bit of a hold. I say a bit of a hold is.
Speaker 5: Having the lead going into the fourth quarter and down the stretch of the fourth quarter and to kind of give it away to the OKC Thunder tying that series two to two, to where you're going back to a Game five and Oka see giving them a home court advantage to possibly take a three to two lead back to the Pacers, where you're back.
Speaker 4: Is against the wall and you have to win a game.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, but if you went to OKAC with a three to one lead, obviously you want to get the job done.
Speaker 4: In game five and close the series out.
Speaker 5: But there's not as much pressure to go out there and know you have to perform from top to bottom. And I say that in the sense is you know, pressure burst pipes or makes diamonds, and in.
Speaker 4: This case is you know.
Speaker 5: We've seen it on both sides for the Pacers, where they've hit game winners against New York, against Boston, against Cleveland, they've hit shots against OKC to where that they have flourish into a team that has been.
Speaker 4: Built for diamonds, not burst pipes.
Speaker 5: But in Game four, the pipes did burst on that one, and it showed itself and it detrimentally hurt. Everyone knows, even as Pacers fans, how.
Speaker 4: Tough a loss that was.
Speaker 5: Just seeing three to one across the board just makes you feel better.
Speaker 4: You can go into the game. There's a little bit more flow to it.
Speaker 5: There's a little more ease of mind, more clear thoughts when you're going there to two and you know you got to get this job done.
Speaker 4: Because Oka See winning an OKAC.
Speaker 5: You can see the drastic difference of how their playstyle is. They're smooth, composed, under control when they play in Indiana. When they go to OKC, they're soul rattled. They had six turnovers in five minutes of game four when they played up game I apologize in game two when they played in Oka See, and you can just see the huge difference of how they move and how they react from home court advantage to playing away in Oka See, and that that was one of the biggest things that I saw. Even with Halliburton, obviously he has a small cash strain, but I don't think that will really knock his game or how he plays. You know, he likes to move around the court, he likes to freelance. Yes, he is questionable, he likes the freelance. And you know, of overwatching Halliburton throughout the playoffs, he's grown more and more on me as a player because he's an unselfish superstar that wants to get his team involved.
Speaker 4: That's why Okay, see is the only team for all five starters to all average the other figures you're the only one.
Speaker 5: And I like how he's unselfish and he gives everyone an opportunity to go out there and floorish to where they don't.
Speaker 4: They can't necessarily just key in on one person.
Speaker 5: The only thing I will say is the games that Haliburton does go out there and he flourishes, where he has triple doubles twenty and fifteen, twenty and twelve in Sdiana, Pacers are in such a better position.
Speaker 4: To win games, it's not even close. That's the only thing.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have to do that every night because they've won games without him performing at such a high level. But it makes it so much easier for him when he does. And that's something that he has to bring to game five if he does play in game five, because they're going to need him. If not, I hate to say it, I would rather than just say that he's not playing in game five, rather than being questionable. It makes it easier for coaches the game plan. It makes it easier to have a layout and the foundation of what you're trying to do, rather than he's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: He can kind of move, he can't really guard.
Speaker 5: He's kind of timid out there, and that's something you don't need in a game.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep it simple. Is over, okay, see in six. That's all there is to it. Cancel Christmas, I told y'all. Okay see, I'm bragging again. Okay, see, without a doubt, I think OKC closes them out tonight in Indy. But we'll be watching, and best of luck to the Pacers. But I think it's over. My brother's pulling for them, lives in Indianapolis, lives at Geist Reservoir. He's pulling for the Pacers. But it's over now. I had to do something for Anthey. I want you to pull it back up again. We were having the debate on Curry and Magic Johnson, and we've heard all the debates old school, new school, and I am not taking one thing from Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: I want people to understand he's changed the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm saying for the better, because people cannot. No one can shoot like that kid, no one, period, point blank. Every shot that boy takes, in my opinion, if it's not a layup, it's a bad shot does I mean that, and I mean he's shooting fifty to forty. I mean he's doing things that is incredible. He's a normal sized individual. He walks around.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't know him.
Speaker 2: If you were walking behind him, three people behind him, you would not say, oh, Steph Curry can be a great but he is. But I was telling Anthony that I want him to just look. So I had him go to the finals of Magic Johnson's rookie year, and I want you all just to hear the numbers that Magic Johnson put up. We offer get Anthony wasn't born guys. You have to understand that if Magic Johnson does not attract AIDS, the numbers are incredible. We're not talking about Jason Kidds and John Stockton's assist record. It wouldn't be close. Magic would have every record guys across the board. It wouldn't be close. His career was cut short. Everyone has to understand that in his prime, not cut short at you're eighteen, cut short at your eleven rolling, I mean playing at his best. So I want ant need to give you all these stats so people can hear when Magic Johnson had to kareem Abdul Jabbar did not play in Phillies in the final Game six, did not play Game seven. Excuse me, right, a game six? Okay, he did not play. Magic played center. He jumped center against Darryl Dawkins and Anthy. I'm gonna give it to you, and I'm gonna let you read his statistics out to everyone so that they'll know who Magic what he did his rookie year in the NBA when it was a grown man's league. When I say that, as I'm talking about when people got put down, I mean, guys, it's just a different league. And I'm glad they've changed the rules. When I played, it was really really physical. But I want to try to hear his numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, So these numbers there were. Magic Johnson's final game of the nineteen eight NBA Finals, Game six against the seventy six Years.
Speaker 4: This was May sixteenth, nineteen eighty, the same year my dad won a national championship at UFL.
Speaker 5: So on this date they were playing in the Spectrum at Philadelphia and it was a high scoring game back then. The Lakers won one twenty three, one oh seven to win.
Speaker 4: That series for to two.
Speaker 5: Magic Johnson's game, playing in forty seven of forty eight minutes.
Speaker 4: Now, why was the sword?
Speaker 1: He started at.
Speaker 4: Center in place of an injured Kareem abdul ja Blar.
Speaker 5: He played all five positions during was a rookie at just twenty years old when he led the Lakers to clinch the NBA Championship earned NBA Finals MVP still only he's still the only rookie to ever win in the NBA Finals and get finals MVP. That is the reason why it's such an historic mark. Even the statistics alone, fourteen from twenty three perfect from the free throw line in almost every minute of the game is on the road is insane. That's insanity. People can't even do that now, I hate to say it. You'll see fifty to sixty point performances in the semi finals, in the Eastern Conference finals, Western Conference, maybe once or twice in the NBA Finals, But now as a rookie for an elimination game that's never happened.
Speaker 1: How many points?
Speaker 4: Well, he had forty two, forty two.
Speaker 5: I don't I can't name another rookie one that's even made it to the NBA Finals and too carried his team alone when the suit when the when the Hall of Famer won the second in scoring, wasn't even playing that game.
Speaker 4: That's insane. It's a remarkable accomplishment.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I just wanted people to understand when we are talking about the goat, Michael Jordan didn't do that either, you own, and he was played against his sixers. It is Doctor J George McGinnis. We're talking about Hall of famers. We're not talking about bums. I want people to get that straight. We're talking about the best. We all know, Doctor J of the best. So we got one minute left in Panama City, Panama. Thank you Shennon for letting me know that tomorrow I will have the one and only Louisville great Damien Lee on with me. Phoenix Suns. Of course, well he's gonna be on with me the entire show. We're gonna talk about it, we're gonna chop it all up. We're gonna talk about paying student athletes, the NBA Finals, which I think ends tonight, his golf outing, and anything else that people want to speak about. So you'll have a fantastic day, Shannon, appreciate you. Like always, this is the sports radio I'm gonna tell you about the Panama Canal tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to see you, Love you, bye bye,