Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I'm also some Valentine's Day gift ideas tongue in cheek for for what you have planned in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. I'd love to smell like pepperoni all the time.
Speaker 3: And how how's that party going upstairs? Oh yeah, we're doing a valentin We're not even involved, Jacob.
Speaker 1: Have you gone to the Valentine's Day party?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I need and I need a report. You guys, can somebody go up there and get us a report? You did tell us everything?
Speaker 4: Well, all the pizzas were lined up and all the weight the pizzas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh they're heart shaped pizza.
Speaker 4: And then everybody kind of just grabbed and scattered and yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to be like, oh you Valentine.
Speaker 1: This is like a Lord of the Flies up there with heart shaped pizza.
Speaker 4: A little bit and then I came back down with Justin, and then Eric came in and said that all the pieces were gone and it was like fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I saw on the email that there would also be like music and games, Cupid with arrows and iHeartMedia Valentine Day Grams to give to each other. Did you see any of that?
Speaker 4: No? I mean I think it was on the table by the patio, but everybody who was just getting the pizzas leaving.
Speaker 1: God, we're savages, We're disgusting people. Now, Keana, can you think of an appropriate way to give a co worker a Valentine's Day Gram? Like, the only one I came up with was like me giving you one and being like you go girl, Gallantines or some crap like that. I wish you could see now you know what I mean, Like if you said gave one to your friend or something like that. But like, in what world is that appropriate? Like you know, I'm not going to go give one to Doug and Engineering and be like, here's your Valentine's Day Gram. That's an HR complaint.
Speaker 4: We should do like in elementary school where you get the little random cards that you pass out and put in boxes, which is.
Speaker 3: Fine if there's candy attached to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want your trash. I don't want your just little piece.
Speaker 1: Of sweetheart candies. With the little the little messages on them.
Speaker 3: Oh, the little uh yeah, whatever those are.
Speaker 1: Those are good.
Speaker 3: They're not good, They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: They're acquired taste.
Speaker 2: The sweetheart hearts don't have messages on them, but the ones that have messages on them taste like powder.
Speaker 1: I don't like the little cinnamon ones, remember the little cinnamon ones. No, I like the powder. So you could talk, great talk?
Speaker 3: What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think hershy kisses are really the winner of Valentine's Day of Candies.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't bring any developing story. Out of San Diego Harbor. A fighter jet crashed there today. Apparently two let pilots on board ejected before they were rescued by the coast Guard. It was a two seat a eighteen G Growler, but they said the crew was successfully recovered. Again went down in San Diego Harbor today, two pilots on board.
Speaker 1: President Trump and Vladimir Putin have spoken today on the phone with promises to visit their respective countries. They say that they have agreed that Ukraine talk should start immediately. The President has a call to Zelenski that it's going to be happening soon. We'll have all the latest on all of the developments today coming up after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: That same part of the world as well.
Speaker 2: At least one American citizen who had been detained in Belarus has been released. The top hostage negotiator made the announcement today at the White House said that the American that's involved with this wants to remain private. Two other individuals, identified as Andrei Kusunyenchik arrested in November of twenty one.
Speaker 3: It was one of the people who's arrested.
Speaker 2: Another woman who's now in Texas was released a couple of weeks ago, and what Adam Bowler, the envoy for hostages, discret rived as phase one of the release.
Speaker 1: Evacuation warnings could be a reality today or into tomorrow in the flood prone areas as we get this storm. Formal evacuations could come just warnings, not orders, depending on how the storm develops tomorrow. So you could get a warning today if you know where you are in those high risk areas, but probably not a mandatory went till tomorrow, that's when the brunt of the storm is supposed to hit.
Speaker 3: Well, there were rumors about it.
Speaker 2: Now a source has confirmed that Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco is planning to run for governor. He's expected to make an official announcement and his coming run in a few days, probably Monday. This would be the first well, I would say, the most conservative, since we do an open primary and.
Speaker 3: It's a top two.
Speaker 2: Now we know that Rob Bonta is not going to be running for governor because Kamala Harris is widely expected to throw her hat into that ring on the day. Democrat side coming up in the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: Why did du A Lingo kill the cute owl? Du A Lingo's green Owl? I use this app for a long time trying to learn Spanish, but I'm a failure and everything, but I love the little green owl. Apparently they say that the cute cartoon owl has died. Say it's reminiscent of Twitter's blue bird. The owl has fallen victim to a corporate reband rebrand. It's awful. What's it going to be now?
Speaker 5: A squirrel?
Speaker 3: Worl'll be fine? How do you say it in Spanish? Though?
Speaker 1: How do you say squirrel in aspeniol? See, you're not say.
Speaker 2: Zell, the payments network that's run by Early Warning Services, crossed the trillion dollar mark in volume last year. Said it was the most ever for a peer to peer platform. They said that it's user base jumped twelve percent. There are one hundred and fifty one million accounts on Zell now. The total dollars cent on that platform jumped twenty seven percent from the year earlier. They said, by far the most money ever moved by a P two P payment service in one single year. And if you're a boy band fan and a Sphere fan, the two shall come together later this year. Live Nation has announced that Backstreet Boys will be at the Sphere for in Vegas July eleventh, twelve, thirteenth, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty five, twenty six, and twenty seven. Fans can expect what they say will be an unforgettable experience as they bring their legendary Millennium album to life alongside some of their greatest hits, but also means that they'll be rehearsing down the street.
Speaker 1: Here oh at the Burbank Baby Sphere, Baby Sphere. Would you like your jeopardy question?
Speaker 3: Good me first to me?
Speaker 1: And quotations for a thousand dollars. It can precede girls Joe Green and Jeene Okerland.
Speaker 3: Oh what is mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, excellence coming up next to Valentine's Day ideas that are kind of out of the box.
Speaker 3: I would suggest not taking one of them.
Speaker 6: Those message hearts for Valentine's tastes like chalk. Yes, I ate chalk once I was six, I was dared. But that's exactly what those hearts taste like. Kind of echoes.
Speaker 1: I love yeah the way first, I like the root beer flavor.
Speaker 3: They tastes exactly the same. You're just in the shape.
Speaker 1: Of a heart with guess I just like chalk.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm with you, Shannon, move Valentine.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean if you want to celebrate, celebrate.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, when I started this, when a squirrel in Spanish isaa.
Speaker 1: Vr tia play it again?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, when I start this, squirrel in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Is the are the da? I'm still screwing it up. Probably anyway, Valentine a R D Yes, but the D doesn't sound like a D n Espanol.
Speaker 3: Sure, maybe that sounds better.
Speaker 1: Dominoes is getting into Valentine's Day. You would do that? You would give this to your wife, or you would put this on yourself.
Speaker 2: I would just just rub it all over Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: To me, this is a Pepperoni inspired perfume. Oh my gosh that if you put that on you, I'd have a real problem working with you.
Speaker 2: The limited edition just pizza is not to the Pepperoni passion pizza.
Speaker 1: Wonder if it smells really like pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Here resistible notes of spice, pepper and a woody, warm bass.
Speaker 1: We don't get the pepperon that's Dominoes. I was gonna say, we get the Pepperoni with the two Pepperonis, the small Pepperonis and the big Pepperonis.
Speaker 2: Dominoes launched it featuring Married at First Sight UK star Luke DeBono, Luke being shown spraying his chiseled fysique with the bespoke pizza shaped bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. If I don't know, I'm gonna walk that back because I just said that I thought that that would be a good idea. I was gonna say, I don't know women who would think that that was attractive to smell a man that smelled like pepperoni. But I'm rethinking that I'm thinking it wouldn't be good for a woman to put it on, right, Like, if you got home and your wife smelled like pepperoni? What well I think you think?
Speaker 2: First of all, I wouldn't think she smelled like pepperoni. If I walked into the house and I was like something smell something smells like pepperoni, I wouldn't immediately walk over to the crook of my wife's go.
Speaker 1: But when you've found out that it was the crook of her neck, how do you think you would respond?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can say, honey, why do you smell like pepperoni?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who? Yeah? Not a what a who?
Speaker 2: You actually have to fill out a whole thing on their website to get a chance to win the Oh so it is uhlan whatever you call it.
Speaker 1: There is high demand, low supply.
Speaker 2: Apparently, and according to Domino'spassion dot com, you can only get it in the UK.
Speaker 1: Well, if you can't get the pepperoni perfume, how about a garlic bath bomb? Right, Papa John's is announcing that they are selling a limited edition bath bombs inspired by their garlic sauce. So if you want to lie naked in a vat of garlic bubbles and fizz. Get yourself a Papa John's garlic bath bomb. What if you came home and your wife was covered in garlic?
Speaker 2: What then, also, like, I wouldn't automatically assume that the scent was coming from her, but.
Speaker 1: Once you found out it was, what do you think would would make you more amorous or her? Your wife smell like pepperoni or garlic?
Speaker 3: Garlic?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, that was a quick answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, garlic is a more natural thing. And listen, I love my pepperonis.
Speaker 1: But listen, you can be like Jackie O. Don't complain and don't explain. If you want your wife to smell like garlic, that's you don't have to explain yourself.
Speaker 2: You asked me a hypothetical, or I had to choose between the two. That's different than saying I want her to smell like garlic. But I do love the smell of garlic.
Speaker 1: I think we understand that. Okay, do you want to know the best nude poses to do with your partner? If you guys were going to do some naked yoga?
Speaker 2: Is it a euphemism for just the normal stuff or is that actual yoga name?
Speaker 1: One normal stuff. What don't mean normal stuff? Normal yoga posts?
Speaker 2: Are you calling it naked yoga naked yoga but it's really just doing the old fashioned way or are you saying things that are trying?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Number one is the seated meditation where you're both sitting crisscross apple sauce. It is the new Indian style. You're naked and you're putting your your hands on each other's heart, like your hand, your right hand is out stretch and you're putting it on her heart, which is right on top.
Speaker 3: Of her boob.
Speaker 2: Do you ever do that with another person though outside of naked time?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, seated spinal twist where you're back to back naked and you kind of reach over and you grab her knee, so you reach over your right shoulder and you grab her knee with your right almost like you're trying to crack a little oblique stretch there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There is the twin trees pose where you're doing this but you're naked, so she want your inner those your bums are together and you're kind of your hip to hip there. Yeah, right, like why are you wasting time? This tree crap? Get in there? Cut to the chase Yeah, more romance when we come back. It's what you watch on Wednesday. Oh yes, but first we will get to the real news coming out of Washington by way of Russia. Turns out the President and Putin got on the phone same day that Pulci Gabbard, Russia enthusiast is announced as Director.
Speaker 3: Of Intelligence enthusiast.
Speaker 1: Some would argue she's a cheering for Russia enthusiast. I know what your conglomeration of cells tells.
Speaker 2: Your brain storms are gonna hit all of California. Basically, you're talking from Sonoma County all the way down through the very very corner of southern California where it's Mexico and Arizona, from the Bay area of San Diego County. Light rain today is going to give a way to a lot stronger rains overnight tonight through tomorrow, and of course what with that comes the possibility of damaging debris flows and we'll obviously keep an eye on that and KFI is going to stay on top of all of the storm carverages it rolls through.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you are watching. It is what you watch on Wednesday. We'll get into it coming up in the next segment, Deborah Mark got me hooked on down to Abbey. Yes, I'm twenty years late or what have you. But it's a delightful little show. I do enjoy it.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad that you love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already thinking about what I'm gonna need after because I'm burning through this thing. Deborah, I'm on, like I've almost finished the second season and like one week, I've gone through a couple of seasons.
Speaker 8: I forgot what you said.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 8: I asked you if you watch the Gilded Age?
Speaker 1: I did, Okay, you did o I did?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm watching that I'm really enjoying is Paradise.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Amy King was watching that too. I think really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you'll like that. Maybe that should be your next watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 8: Nowhere is good as Downton Abbey though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as it's starting to campaign for the downt Nabbey Emmy Awards.
Speaker 1: Well that was years ago. I think they won all of them in the day.
Speaker 3: Good. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the deal with Russia, Ukraine, and the United States, Oh and throw in some Belarus Belarus. For this segment, President Trump has revealed that he has what he says is officially begun negotiations with Vladimir Putin to end the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: His words were immediately, lengthy, highly productive, immediately when it comes to when the negotiations will begin, and that this telephone call with Putin was lengthy and highly productive. This is the first known conversation between the two since last month, and it has made it has been made clear by Trump to his advisors that he wants this thing to come to an end.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Trump wrote on truth Social, we want tout up the millions of deaths taking place in the war with Russia Ukraine. President Putin even used my very strong campaign motto of common sense. He said, we both believe very strongly in it. We agreed to work together very closely, including visiting each other's nations. Trump then got on the phone with Vladimir Zelenski and afterwards said that the president of Ukraine also wants an end to the war, and wrote, also on Truth Social, the conversation went very well, he liked, President Putin wants to make peace. And then, as was actually first announced by Zelenski's people and then confirmed by President Trump, Zelensky's going to be meeting Friday at the Munich Security Conference with Vice President J. D. Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio. There were a couple of things that went into this sort of to flesh this out a little bit, and one of them was Zelenski's interview with a British newspaper where he said that his country would offer to swap territory with Russia in any potential peace negotiations as they come. I did the interview with the Guardian newspaper. He also said he wants to make sure that the United States is involved in forward in security going forward, because he said that Europe alone would not be able to shoulder the war effort. Pete Hegseth, Secretary of Defense also in Europe today, called Ukraine's desire to recover all of the territory that it lost to Russia since twenty fourteen an unrealistic objective. So at this point they got to figure out what group of territories, what territory would they be willing to give up? Would Ukraine be willing to give up in order to secure peace? And there are a lot of disputed territories, some of which have been home to Russian troops for almost three years, basically almost since this war started. That they may be willing to give up, but we'll see if they're there any sort of trade off as a result of that. And then at least one American citizen who had been detained in Belarus for you geography Majors just to the north of Ukraine, was released today. Adam Bohler is the Special Envoy for hostages for the US toll reporters at the White House that the American wants to remain private, but two others were released as part of the deal. One of them a journalist Andre Kuznichik with Radio Liberty or Radio Free Europe. He was arrested November twenty one. Another woman was in Texas, was actually released a couple of weeks ago in what Adam Bohler described as phase one of the release. Phase two was done today. An assistant a Secretary of State I believe for Eastern Europe, Chris Smith, said the deal was negotiated by Belarussian authorities in Minsk and that it signaled a desire by Loshenko, the president of Belarus, to have a stronger.
Speaker 3: Relationship with the United States.
Speaker 2: So they have been on the wrong side of a lot of what's been going on between Russia and.
Speaker 1: Ukraine, and hadn't spoken to Putin in nearly three years, just saying well, he's a criminal. I don't want to talk to him, Which is interesting considering the relationship with Zelenski and the relationship between the Biden family and Ukraine. And was there any sort of reason that you would want to continue offering such aid. I don't know, but I do like the idea that lines of communication are open no matter how terrible people are. Well, I mean, he's an awful, awful human being.
Speaker 2: JD Vance, Pete Hegseth, President Trump, they've all said that Zelensky suggesting that they can't give up land, that it would be tantamount to surrendering to Russia. That means that the war goes on in perpetuity, even with the United States backing them up, because we're not putting American boots on the ground in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: No, I mean not outside of it.
Speaker 1: But you're just pissing into the wind at that point.
Speaker 2: And you're just throwing your young people into this giant meat ground. And same thing for Russia. I mean Russia is they've lost hundreds of thousands of young men too.
Speaker 1: We're sending mules in with amination, right, do you want to Lincoln fun? Fact, it's about that in a while. Yeah, this isn't that fun though it involves death.
Speaker 7: Oh, Abraham Lincoln's mother got very ill when he was just nine years old. It was eighteen eighteen, and his mother, Nancy, fell ill to the sickness that was sweeping across southern Indiana. Now you think Abe Lincoln, and you think about Illinois, Well, he didn't move there until he was twenty one. He was from rural Indiana, and that is where Nancy became sick from the milk sickness that swept across Indiana in eighteen eighteen. The milk sickness, Yes, it was a strange disease due to tainted milk that had been drunk from a cow that had ingested poisonous white snake root. You didn't want your milk to come from the utters that had the poisonous white snake root. Within check your udders for the snake root.
Speaker 2: I will check my utters. During the break. We know it's gonna be rainy the next couple of days. You might as well sit on your couch and do nothing and watch some shows. It's time for what you're watching on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids USA television.
Speaker 7: Matt, You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 1: Where's the Meteor?
Speaker 2: So we wrapped up last night a show called No Good Deed.
Speaker 1: I started out and I think, from what I remember, I was a long time ago. I started it and then aborted. I think it was because Lisa Kudro. I felt like it was being forced. Maybe is kind of the feeling I had. And she kind of bothered me a little bit, but not as much as I thought she would. I'm not a giant fan of Lisa Kudro. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch something that she's in just because she's in it. But I what was it about it? What's the premise?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 2: Solisa Cudro and Ray Romano are Lydia and Paul Moore. There selling a house, a kid that died and their son died in the house, right, and they kind of it's a course of eight episodes. They kind of every episode gives you a little bitgger piece of what happened to their son and what happened like the mystery surrounding what happened exactly to their son. Throw in Dennis Leary as Ray Romano's brother who just got out of prison. You've got Luke Wilson in there as a neighbor. Luke Wilson's married to Linda Carlini, who is Luke Wilson's wife, but she's also having an affair with another woman. Everybody's trying to buy the house being sold.
Speaker 9: It's like in Hollywood somewhere. I think they I think they said it was Los Felis. The film or the house that they used is actually in Hancock Park. It's a beautiful house.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you've probably seen it if you've been in the area. U.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, here's my here's my review. Yeah, don't you don't have to draw it out that long. It doesn't just give me. You could give me more clues about what happened to the kid early on, and then they add, like seventh eighth episode, they introduce new characters, yeah, that are integral to the story, Like why weren't they involved early in the show.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was one of those forced onsem type situations where it wants to be this big mystery and it's it try it rests on the laurels of its predecessors, and shows like that that really works well, like White Lotus, things like that.
Speaker 3: Dead to Me. Apparently there's there's a connection.
Speaker 2: I couldn't figure out exactly what it was, but there is a there is a connection to the show Dead to Me one of the producers, something like that.
Speaker 3: And Linda Carlini is.
Speaker 2: Good, but she almost plays a very similar character she does and that was I love her too, and that's kind I have an off pudding. I I just and then the ending seemed very unsatisfactory. And Ray Romano and Lisa Kudro actually do well in some of the more dramatic I remember liking them together. Yeah, and they're good together. But so we finished that. We're going to watch The Night Agent season two next.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love the season one. I feel like I don't remember any I know that I liked it. I just don't remember much about that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I offered to watch White Lotus season three with my wife, and she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want to watch that with you.
Speaker 3: Why did she say the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: Because there's certain things that we want to watch, Like I won't even watch stuff that I want to watch alone with my husband's in the room and I have like headphones on and he's reading a book or something like. I just there's just certain shows as a woman that you can only enjoy when you're on your own, because you don't want to worry about I don't know, you want to focus on it, you want to escape from it. You don't have to worry about what is he?
Speaker 2: What is he going to think about your show? That you are afraid that he's going to think about your show, not.
Speaker 1: That it's just you're just bothering us by existing in the same room. It's a distraction. If you really want me to get down to it.
Speaker 3: I don't. Apparently, Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: Three trailers on the website right now, Friendship with Tim Robinson and Paul Rudd, the Thunderbolts trailer, and Elizabeth Moss for one last round of Resistance in The Handmaid.
Speaker 1: It's the breathing, you know, if you could just cease breathing, we'd be fine.
Speaker 2: And then this weekend Sunday night, just during the show. It's a good forty five minutes. Just hold your breath. Sunday Night is going to be Saturday Night Live's fiftieth anniversary special.
Speaker 3: I think they're doing full three hours on it.
Speaker 2: They did a I think it was USA Today maybe did a ranking of the top fifty cast members of all time on Saturday Night Live. And he guesses too who number one.
Speaker 1: Was number one? Somebody who hasn't I would say Chris Farley. No.
Speaker 2: Actually, he was actually farther down than I thought he was. I think he was somewhere around like fourteen or fifteen. Eddie Murphy was in.
Speaker 1: Humberah, very good, which makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean you look at the the amount of stuff that he's done since he was on Saturday Night Lives.
Speaker 1: So it's the whole breath of career basically. Yeah, I see, Okay, I mean Chevy Chase was on there for a year but went on to do right, but a total decame a total ale. Yeah, it's too bad.
Speaker 2: All right, you missed any part of the show, Go back and listen to the podcast. You can check it out at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash Gary and Shannon, or anywhere you find your favorite to talk to him we should get him on the show, Chevy Chase. Yeah, I don't know if he does that same thing.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Get him and Kevin Costner in to do a little I'm over Kevin Costner.
Speaker 3: Point counterpoint, John cobellt chows up now.
Speaker 1: Just kidding. I'll never be over Kevin Costner.
Speaker 3: Stay dry, everybody blessing.
Speaker 2: One thing for sure, the American people lost because that was horrific.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon use some high minded language. I'm just gonna say it like it is. That was a show.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.