Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game Podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game Podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: The time is come, shall we Yeah, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's time for Initials Game five on the Power Trip presented by Curling and Plumbing.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Hurlbert awesome, don't forget. Every Friday on social media, you can guess the Initials and have a shout at a one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Visa gift card thanks to our friends at Hurlberts.
Speaker 4: That's right Herbert hen Com Plumbing, keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. New customers get a forty nine dollars furnace tune up and safety check and furlment of time get a free carbon monoxide detector. Called six one, two two d and twenty one twenty today. Our schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com. That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 2: Great people used him a couple of months ago. They were awesome. Let's go around the room.
Speaker 1: Let's meet all the competitors and see what we're playing for today for a game five five eight sauce. Good morning, Hello, Hi, How are you great? How are your son? He's great? Thank you cool.
Speaker 3: I'm fining to murder rat by my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. The deal a week at all Kowalski stores. All Seventh Avenue Pizza at Kowalski stores is seven ninety nine and a five win today. Tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could one hundred dollars to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue eight pee.
Speaker 2: Chris has had a pretty good month and a half of this.
Speaker 3: Thank game.
Speaker 2: What happens if you again?
Speaker 4: I'm sponsored by Radco and Raiku dot com. If I win, you get Tempers off your tire order now through Monday instore online of racoord dot com. When you use a promo code initials. Discount does not apply to toppers.
Speaker 2: Right on. Thanks Rad Coch, Thank you who won last week?
Speaker 5: Oh on me?
Speaker 1: Think what happens if you go back to back Marins once again?
Speaker 6: Thank you to be wonderful, fantastic friends at Great Clips.
Speaker 2: If I win today again, you know the drill.
Speaker 6: Tweet me, tag Great Clips now through the end of Sunday, one lucky winner will win one year I said it, Ryan, one year of free haircuts at Great Clips.
Speaker 2: What do you think about it? Wow?
Speaker 1: Are you again implying that one of our guests needs a haircut? You said that to Sigh a couple of weeks ago. Does Ryan need a haircutter?
Speaker 5: I just got a haircut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look trim tight? Wow?
Speaker 1: Tight as he's married to his high school sweetheart to leave the alone?
Speaker 2: Mark Parrish, what happens if you win?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I am sponsored by my great friends at ABC American Building Contractors, and if I win today, tweet at me at Marked Perish and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a one hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars Visa gift card. Thank you, American Billy Contractors.
Speaker 1: Let's go good guys, hard On and Ryan Jeffers at the Minnesota Twins. If Ryan wins Sauce, he's gonna buy everybody.
Speaker 2: A dome dog.
Speaker 5: Well that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could really go for a dome dog. He will be my permanent catcher on the show No More Show I'm trading for.
Speaker 5: We gotta make that trading. Y'll trade back. Yes, what if he doesn't win, I'll still.
Speaker 2: Do it at LEAs gonna be pissed.
Speaker 5: Well, he's a video game he doesn't want.
Speaker 1: You can get the home version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Version four is available now. The rest of are sold out the cast year, but you can also play all over town Initials game live dot Com. We're in something like thirty different bars and four or five different states down if you want to go play, it's free to play Initials Game live dot Com.
Speaker 2: Good for you, cow me in is who cares good for you?
Speaker 1: Before we play game five five eights, one of you has a shot at a whole bunch of money, Like, how about I don't know eighty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. Initials jackpot.
Speaker 4: That's right, eighty three thousand dollars on the line right now, one hundred.
Speaker 2: Three two zero five three two six.
Speaker 4: You're looking to buy a new car, save money in your Krenk car loan dud was Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering car loan rates as low as six point two nine percent. Apply today at Sat Paul fq dot org slash kfan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: All right, so Ryan, you don't have to worry about this part. But here's how this works. This is a progressive jackpot. It goes up five hundred dollars every week. We're gonna pull up a random caller here in a second. They guess the initials I'm about to use. If they get one letter in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks, which is pretty sweet. But if they say both in the right spot, they win the jackpot, which is now up to eighty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's gone off twice the first time. What freaking Carl over there?
Speaker 1: One A he's a narcissist. He guessed his own initials and he won thirty one thousand, five hundred dollars. Lad the game right he did. It was the right time to believe in himself. It won thirty one to five. But now it's eighty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What is your name and where are you from? Hi?
Speaker 5: My name is Lacey from Bismarck.
Speaker 1: Lazy from BIS back in the house, Lacey from the Dakota's no, which which one is the market? North Dakota, Just North, North Dakota, Lacey from Bismarck. All right, Lacy, you've already u You've already beat the odds. You're already on the line. You get a crack at eighty three thousand dollars. All you have to do is tell me the write two letters and Saint Paul Federal Credit Union will give you eighty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Go for it. I'm going to go with t D. So Tea is in like Tommy, Yes, and is in Dakota touchd t D is in touchdown, got it right, You're going TDH.
Speaker 1: Martie wants you to win because you're from the Dakota. She loves the Dakota's just north. So you hate something.
Speaker 6: That's nice, I mean it's nice.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: We want we want Lazy and Bismarck to be super super rich. Uh, Lacey and Bismarck is going for eight and.
Speaker 2: Three thousand dollars. Does Lacy have at least one right fore d and fifty bucks? No? Sorry, Lacey, Sorry Lacey. Okay, that's my favorite type of.
Speaker 1: She did have one letter right in the wrong spots, but that's not Unfortunately, that's not worth anything. The initials for game five five eight E and then T I knew it, E T it tough one.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, you got this all right again?
Speaker 1: Ryan, yell at your name. Your name is your buzzer. We played bust out of twelve. You get one point if you get it right. If you get it wrong, you're up. Further remainder of just that item, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's number one of e T.
Speaker 1: Clue number one can be plastic, metal, or silicone. Clue number two these are cylindrical. HM Clue number three they are inserted. Clue number four are most commonly connected to children. Rannie, I think Ryan was first. Ryan YouTube.
Speaker 2: Look at that money's ruining the studio.
Speaker 1: We might have a player here, I mean he's coming out of the gates hot here, but we might have a player.
Speaker 2: Mark yeah, super happening. Do you want me to say what you just said in the studio? Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's going to get prediction back here, Ryan, she said, No one's getting with wave.
Speaker 5: No one's getting the sports clips. Uh, great clips.
Speaker 2: Sorry one.
Speaker 1: Ear tubes gets Ryan Jefters.
Speaker 5: Was that where you were going? Yes, a quicker.
Speaker 2: Has your daughter had ear tubes? Okay, dots the both It's fantastic, all right.
Speaker 1: So ear tubes gets Ryan Jeffers his first point. Here's number two of e T.
Speaker 2: Clue number one associated with composition.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Clue number two often found in front of a group of people. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Often possesses a degree and the required amount of certification.
Speaker 2: Oh, Paul, I mean I rang electrical technician. Is that not t don't give me that.
Speaker 6: Look, I call an ET and then I say, I get a group of people of I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you get the last one? No, Ryan, did you said? We get zero? Take that? Sauce is out for the rest of the number two. Alright, sauce is out for two. Here we go. I forgot all the other clues, Yeah, exactly, here we go. Clue number four might put you to the test. Mmm. Clue number five might require research reports and essays. Final clue Ryan, Ryan English teacher. All right, we got a player can plays what you said? Guess what my mom zero on a twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Parish's mom was an English teacher and I wasn't even closed.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I love you, Brian. I don't want to put additional pressure. You've played baseball. You're not a guy that probably cares about this game show.
Speaker 5: I was surprised didn't come up that I was a physics major in college.
Speaker 2: Whoa didn't know that either was an engineer.
Speaker 5: Yet, we know that surprises come up.
Speaker 2: Most shut out.
Speaker 1: It is extremely rare for first timers to win.
Speaker 2: So just say the records, the records nine. That would be my good guys.
Speaker 1: Ryan Jeffers has the first. Here's number three of e T Clue number one often used as a story telling trope. Clue number two is one of two. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Is deeply rooted in the concept of duality. Paul, Yeah, evil twin. That's right, that is an eagle. Time you're getting anything wrong again, plenty of time sauce on.
Speaker 1: Bryan Jeffers has two. Meat Sauce has one. Here's number four of e T. Clue number one has connections to the nineteen seventies and the environmental movements. Clue number two associated with soil, rocks, plants, and more. Clue number three is considered natural. Clue number four considered warm, muted, or neutral. Mark Mark earth Tones well played. There tones Parish on the all right. Ryan Jeffers is in the lead with two. Mark Parrish has one. Meat Sauce has one. Here's number five. ET good, guys getting warmed up.
Speaker 2: Here's number five.
Speaker 5: I hope you get zero.
Speaker 1: Clue number one lacks resistance. Clue number two can.
Speaker 2: Be a person, group, or object. Marny, go for it, easy target. That's well done. Now you don't have zero. That was very good. It's pretty good. Sauce that was pretty good. That's pretty good. That was pretty good.
Speaker 5: We might get great clips, after all, I got a nickname.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: You want to respond to what Ryan has two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ryan has two, Marty Sauce and Parish each have one. We're almost halfway through the game. Here's number six.
Speaker 2: Of ET clue number one.
Speaker 1: The second word can be skipped, even though it is exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Marny, unbelievable. You get this evergreen tree. What that was?
Speaker 6: You could say, it's an evergreen and you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: And it's a tree that's forced an electrical technician. How Marny's out for the rest of number six.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's got a little lot confident with easy target there, Marny's out for six. Clue number two frequently spotted in New York's Central Park. Clue number three can be American, Chinese, Japanese, Siberian.
Speaker 2: Or winged.
Speaker 1: Clue number four historical connections to boat building.
Speaker 2: Yep, elm tree. That's right, evergreen.
Speaker 1: Tree is a phenomenal guess. You picked the wrong tree. It's elm tree.
Speaker 2: Your brain was locked in and Sauce said it was a terrible guess. It was an unbelievable guess. You just picked the wrong one. Elm tree. Parish all right.
Speaker 1: Halfway through the game, Ryan has to, Parish has to, Marnie has won, Sauce has one. Chris, you had to score but six to go long way. Here's number seven of et. Clue number one is at a count. Clue number two is subjective and incomplete.
Speaker 2: Clue number three can be unreliable.
Speaker 1: Clue number four Hawk expert testimony, No, not bad hawk out for the rest of number seven. Clue number four involves description clue mark number five.
Speaker 2: Mark shoot or three, Marnie two one, I don't want to say it, Marnie eye test.
Speaker 1: All right, we're down to the Sauce and Ryan Jeffers. The other three of them are out. We're down to Sauce and Ryan.
Speaker 2: Two clues to go.
Speaker 1: Clue number five associated with investigation and reporting and reporting.
Speaker 5: Ryan eyewitness testimony.
Speaker 8: Yes so again, Chris is expert testimony, was on the right clues and Ryan gets point number three with I'm witness testimony.
Speaker 2: Come out of it. Great job, great job, Ryan had a boy. You gotta get Ryan to do this. It's so close. All right.
Speaker 1: Five items left, and Ryan Jeffers of the twins takes the lead. Ryan has three Parish, you have two. Marny and Sauce each have one. Chris with a close guest but still not on the board.
Speaker 2: Five to go. Here's number eight, number eight of e T. Clue number one is relatively small. Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Is right next to something else. Clue number three is often square, rectangular, or round.
Speaker 2: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Often made of metal, wood, glass, or a combination. Clue number five often found directly under drinks. Marni, yep, end table. That's right, it's an end table right next to the old couch. There's an end table.
Speaker 2: Did you just flip there were?
Speaker 1: That was like a finger gun in the NBA. That would have got you fined. Marny got got her second point. So she's one behind Ryan, and now I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 2: I'm in the game. I'm looking for you. Ryan.
Speaker 5: Good guys.
Speaker 1: Ryan has three, Marty and Parrish both have two, Sauce has one.
Speaker 2: Chris, You're not out yet either.
Speaker 1: There's four left. Here's number nine of et. Clue number one has a lattice pattern. Clue number two has levels.
Speaker 5: Ryan Tower, Let's go.
Speaker 7: Ryan, Come on, Ryan, Ryan, legit.
Speaker 2: I am all on board here.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Ryan is in levels.
Speaker 1: I mean you obviously know what lattice means. Otherwise it's a word. If you don't know what that means, I don't know how you got it. You clearly know how to.
Speaker 2: Believe what you put on cheeseburgers. Yes, Salid right, dude, Wow, So Ryan, here we go. Here's how cool this is? Ryan? Already you have a two point lead.
Speaker 1: With three to go, if you get any of the remaining three, you win your first ever day. Let's Ryan, They're gonna want you back in the water pretty quickly because this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's go three to go, Ryan Jeffers going for the win. Chris is mathematically out, Sauce. You're not out yet.
Speaker 1: You got to run the table, Sauce, but you could still do this. Marney and Parrish are two back. Ryan going for the win. Here's number ten et. Clue number one debuted.
Speaker 2: In Glendale, Arizona. Clue number two. It has been famous globally. Clue number three made over two billion dollars. Clue number four over three and a half hours long. Clue number five requires a ticket. Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: This was one hundred and forty nine concerts across five continents.
Speaker 2: Paul Marnie Eras to say, that is the Eras toured in a lot of ways. Ryan, that was best case scenario for you because Marnie and Parrish didn't get it. So that was a big point for Ryan. No way I was getting.
Speaker 1: So with two to go, Ryan has a two point lead, so Marnie, you have to get the last two or Parish has to get the last two.
Speaker 2: Let's go Ryan any other combination.
Speaker 1: So if Ryan or Hawk or Sauce gets this one right, this thing's over.
Speaker 2: Good time, honk, let's go Ryan going for the win.
Speaker 1: Here's number eleven of I almost said eight era it t e T Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This features letters. Clue number two is an exam Arnie, I test nothing. I just tipped the hand by accidentally saying I.
Speaker 1: But you were sitting on that one anyway. All right, so Mark, come on, let's just leave it. It looks great. Many look at this, all right. It all comes down to this. If Ryan gets number twelve, he wins. If Marnie gets it right, we have a tie breaker between the two of them.
Speaker 2: But if a parish saucer Chris gets this, Ryan also wins. Comes down to this, Ryan going for the win, Marny going for the tie. Here's number twelve, the most pressure he's ever been on.
Speaker 1: Number sweating number twelve of ET clue number one.
Speaker 2: Often associated with manipulation. Clue number two. This is connected to bluffing Clue number three. This is insincere clue number four. Parents commonly make these. Marnie for the tie empty.
Speaker 1: Threat Okay, okay, interesting, interesting and interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marty's trying to ruin the party. Yeah, but that's fine. That's how this game works, supposed to be.
Speaker 1: So it comes down to this, No sauce and Mark and Chris are out now, Ryan, this is a tiebreaker, just a some of you and the only difference. Here's the only difference. It's only three clues, not six. So it's a little more to the point. If you ring it and get it wrong, your opponent gets to hear all of the remaining clues and then we'll have five seconds to answer.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: If neither of you get it, then we have a second tiebreaker, and if we don't have that one, then we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: These are a little bit easier, so be read. Yeah, it goes a little bit more to the point.
Speaker 1: Only three clues, all right, Ryan Jefferson, Marnie Gelliner overtime for the win. Here's tiebreaker number one. Clue number one is most commonly black.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: It starts circular in a sense, but then ends up rectangular once it's cut.
Speaker 2: Final clue Clue number three.
Speaker 1: This is flexible heat resistant adhesive.
Speaker 2: Five. Ryan, Ryan for the wind.
Speaker 5: Yes, electrical tape.
Speaker 1: Take that that's a walk off haircuts.
Speaker 5: No haircuts. Everybody's scraggy for.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 2: Tape gets the wind. Wow, super rare. That was awesome. Awesome, Ryan, let's go mas your thoughts.
Speaker 6: I couldn't get off of pizza when you're like rectangular and circular and cut and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Pizza doesn't have E your t And I mean that's just me. Maybe that's just me.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, He's not wrong this game, Ryan, very So I.
Speaker 5: Got tape after the adhesive partners, just figuring out.
Speaker 1: There you go, you backwards and it's not pizza, it's tape works.
Speaker 2: I've never been so happy that I whimped out on eyewitness testimony, didn't say there you go.
Speaker 1: Well either way, So Ryan, I get. So there's a guy on Twitter who is power Trip initials. That's not us, even though it sounds like it is, and he keeps track of stats like crazy.
Speaker 2: This is my guess.
Speaker 1: In the five hundred and fifty eight times we've played this game, how many first timers have won?
Speaker 2: Maybe like five or four in that tournament's twins.
Speaker 1: Writers, I think do young this first time? The guy we had on the walking Chris Hardwick. It's got to be like five or six maybe ever.
Speaker 5: He told you in my ear boy to get the first two.
Speaker 2: That helps a boy. That's well done. That was awesome, you man, that's more than zero.
Speaker 5: Made my I can't believe you had that low of expectations for me.
Speaker 2: They make stuff up all the time. Oh man, that was really really, you're good.
Speaker 5: I'm currently getting text messages congrats on the limy provis right a great woe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a bucket and the game the water bottles.
Speaker 2: Ready, who's going to clean that up? Yeah? Brett back over here. I will tell you.
Speaker 6: I based my prediction of zero on the fact that when during the commercial break and Corey's explaining the rules to you, and he was like the initials, and You're like yeah, and you tell us the initials like every clue and he's like, but the same initials. And Ryan was like, it's the same initials for them, this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I was looking at the rules and and hey, any helpful tips and tricks last night, it was all of it was like, hey, you can get different initials. So I just assumed it was like, you give us a different initial every single time.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't see it was just a seemed to bother you at all.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean honestly, it might make it easier to be the same because you can kind of start thinking of you start you start thinking a different thing. It's the whole time, and think Martins.
Speaker 1: When it's all said and done, you just guessed the wrong tree long.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, we all have like three minutes left in the show. Super nice to meet you, super fun having you on for the last hour and a half. You welcome back anytime and again.
Speaker 2: Now they're gonna want you back. I'll be back.
Speaker 1: We got to find a Friday during the season that where it works out.
Speaker 5: We never have an off d Friday.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 5: Roo would have a hard attack if I woke up at That's a really good point.
Speaker 4: Hey, Ryan, Yes, I'm throwing out the first pitch a couple of times this year, and I'm excited to come to the games. Can I hang out in the like in the dugout with you guys.
Speaker 5: You'll have to. You have to go through Mitch over here.
Speaker 2: I ain't anything up.
Speaker 5: There's a bench or you there's a bench right up to the front of the rock, right, maybe you can, maybe you can snack a seat next to him, did you, guys?
Speaker 1: And I know you?
Speaker 2: Do you guys?
Speaker 1: Remember when Bobby Valentine got ejected in the and came back without with.
Speaker 9: The one of the funniest things I've ever said, a manager gets ejected and came back with a costume on so we could hide and dug, why can't we just throw a mustache and a hat on Chris?
Speaker 2: No one, nobody would know.
Speaker 9: It looked like an assistant coach, right, or it looked like Danny DeVito.
Speaker 2: One of those subway commercials. How sure?
Speaker 5: Exactly one word?
Speaker 2: They have him like above the he's like in the system, he's in the h back.
Speaker 5: Now do you do you come up with all those clues and all you.
Speaker 1: Just just that's like nine percent of my life. I live a pretty empty existence. So no, it's impressive. Thanks anyway, So can we quickly let me ask you the question that I'm not trying to put you in a bad spot, but we asked it off here a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 2: But we're on here before you got here. Uh, does ownership matter at all of the players, like whether they switch or not? This season? Does that impact you as a player by like.
Speaker 5: In any job, if you're company is potentially getting bought or your your bosses are potentially changing, like that has that has an impact on you as an employee. So looking at it from that perspective, yeah, of course, like we're paying attention to it where we're watching what's happening. But at the end of the day, if we go out and do our job and as baseball players and go play baseball, the rest of everything will take care of itself because that's we're in control of one thing and in what we do, and that's how we go play on the field. So yeah, we're I'd be I'd be naive and be lying if I said we're not following what's happening with with the ownership situation, but that is something that's completely out of our control and and and what is in our control is playing baseball. Very cool. I'm not trying to give I'm not trying to give up politically correct answer. That's just like it's if if anything, if you're if you're if your company is about to be bought by someone random, you're kind of paying attention to, Hey, who is a who's coming in and what's what's going to happen? But you got to go to work every day and and continue to do your job.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you another kind of tricky question, Have you ever blacked out from drinking at Nag's Head?
Speaker 5: I actually don't drink at all. You go, so that's an easy answer for that one.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Man, I've had some good times on the Outer Banks though. That's just beautiful out there.
Speaker 5: The show on Netflix Outer Banks is filmed a lot where I live now. Yep, that's kind of around where I am.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That area of the country is so beautiful and so underappreciated.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful, I mean where it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: What's the weather normally like when it's not covered in snow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's all something.
Speaker 2: It's hot.
Speaker 5: It's a beach town, so it's hot. It's uh, but we'll get when we get back early October. We'll get them a couple of weeks, maybe three weeks, but maybe a month of like some good weather. But then we'll get into the I mean it's normally highs in the fifties, lows in the low forties, maybe all winter.
Speaker 2: Do you have any gators or snakes?
Speaker 5: We got. I mean we got cotton mouse. We got all we got. We got snakes. No gaters, No gators though, No gators. That's yeah, no gators. I'd rather take theatro.
Speaker 1: Ryan Jeffers, Minnesota Twins things man, how much funny.
Speaker 2: The best man and I.
Speaker 8: Was it has to trade for you on Major League.
Speaker 2: I'll see you in the dugout bugs. Yeah, yeah, I'll save a stop for you. Nine and noon is next. We'll see you Monday, five thirty to nine. This has been the power to it. Morning Joe on the fend, wit a running meg, you too, have a dab a love me