Speaker 1: It's Excity six nine in the Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla here. So when you become a parent and you have kids, you don't ever, in your wildest dream think that your kid is going to be the problem.
Speaker 2: Of course not, they're perfect angels.
Speaker 1: It's Excity six nine, Priscilla here. So Sid, my eight year old daughter is giving me a run for my money and she could possibly, potentially maybe be part of a problem at school.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it. I don't think Jax can do any wrong, thank you. So no, here's what happens.
Speaker 1: So my daughter has is a weirdo and has always been obsessed with like scary things, even from the age of like three, she's like Chucky.
Speaker 2: She we went to like a.
Speaker 1: Monster museum in Las Vegas, and she's taken selfies with it like their besties. When she was five, we went to those horn nights last week or last year. Like she's just been a spooky kid. It doesn't phaze her, not at all. But she's not normal and most kids are not like that. And unfortunately, we had a little friend over a few days ago and they weren't doing a little playdate. And she's the sweetest little most innocent girl opposite of It's like Wednesday is Jack's Wednesday Adams and her friend is like her, the little girl that loves rainbows in the show Yes, Stephanie Tanner, the DJ.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they come over. I'm outside helping Michael. They're hanging out for like four hours. I don't think anything whatever. I know, well, you know, I'm checking on them every so often, but they're for the most part hanging out inside and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Later that night, Jax's a little restless. I'm like, okay, it's weird. The next day.
Speaker 1: She's talking about how she's having nightmares and I'm like, that's so weird. You never have nightmares. It's not your thing. And so we make like an impromptu DreamCatcher and I posted on social media, and the mom.
Speaker 2: Which I'm really close with, she texts me and.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, I don't know if you know, but so and so has been having nightmares too, and we kind of I was like, that's strange, and she's like and we asked her why and she said, when she was at your house, Jacks was showing her jump scare videos and I'm like no, I'm like, wait, hold on what And she's like yeah, and she's like, and my daughter is scared of everything. Literally, just like if you come out from behind a corner and try to scare her, she's terrified.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, let me let me do some research, let me see what she was showing her.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I had no idea. And then I felt like, well, it's kid.
Speaker 1: It's like kid jumps scares, you know, the ones where like, for example, you're like, okay, see if you can follow the car going down the road and yeah, and then you're like so intently paying attention and concentrating that boom, she's just like this scary like ghost girl that pops up. It's that kind of stuff or maybe like a scary clown coming out from behind a corner or just like that kind.
Speaker 2: Of scary jump, scary stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, And I just like as kids getting into it, well, I felt bad because the people please are in me. I'm like, oh my gosh, this woman's gonna think that my kid is the worst. Oh, she's gonna think that she's the But my husband is like, she's gonna be nine, Like what do you think nine year olds? Do? I?
Speaker 2: Think they could be getting into much worse. The nightmares will go.
Speaker 1: Away, right, But well so the DreamCatcher actually worked. No more nightmares. But I am also part of me's like, Okay, what normal nine year old is into scary haunted movies the way my eight year old is? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What about like music videos? So we've banned YouTube in her house for the record, no more YouTube.
Speaker 1: She is now only allowed on Disney Plus that's smart. And she is not allowed to have an iPad without supervision.
Speaker 2: So there you have it.
Speaker 1: Feel better that maybe your kids aren't the only ones that are crossing some rucus. Speaking of scary on the way, just after seven, we have your tickets a four pack to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horn Nights. Right HEO mix, It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla Here, it is time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 2: And can I just tell you.
Speaker 1: How awesome it has been to watch the Paris Paralympics.
Speaker 2: So metal count for the US.
Speaker 1: We've got twenty five gold, twenty nine silver, and fourteen bronze. I'll be honest, I am enjoying this more than the Olympics that just passed, because there are so many stories of like overcoming obstacles and things that have held these athletes back, and it's just such a beautiful thing to know about their life stories. For example, Italian paralympian Alessandro Osala, he proposed to his partner Arianna after his one hundred meter race and he said yes. But here's the crazy thing is that the reason he was in the Paralympics is because he lost part of his legs in a twenty fifteen motorcycle accident, and he lost his wife in that same accident. So for him to overcome so much, you know, make it to the Paralympics, and then find the love of his life, it's just such a beautiful thing to watch. Plus Team usays nineteen year old Ezra Fretch he wins Paralympics high jump gold medal. Listen to how just what this means to him.
Speaker 2: I can't even put it into words. I swear I put everything into this. I've put everything in it is so to come out here win two goals, especially the high jump. Oh, I literally I'm the happiest man alive. I can't even tell you.
Speaker 1: It makes my heart saying I just love it so much, so I encourage you one hundred percent to check it out.
Speaker 2: I have a bone to pick with Costco.
Speaker 1: They have been telling us that they are not going to be increasing any type of pricing, but they are doing it for the first time since twenty seventeen. Specifically, they're membership pricing. So it'll not go up by a lot five to six. I'm sorry, it'll go up five dollars from sixty dollars to sixty five dollars, but the premium executive membership better watch out, buddy, extra ten dollars a year. So just know that going in Costco, you just took a slice of pizza from me because now I can't spend that ten dollars at the food court. It'll be fine, guys, We'll be okay. Except for this heat. We all know Arizona, especially Phoenix here, continues to extend its record with over one hundred days of temperatures over one hundred degrees and today specifically around one hundred and fifteen. So stay safe, stay hydrated, and stay out of the sun.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Whorror Nights. We got a four pack of tickets college right now to play American AIDOL six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine. That's six oh two two, six oh six nine. It's for exciting excited, the Valley's best Mix. Thanks for having a song your iHeartRadio app Priscilla here and it is time to play American AIDOL.
Speaker 2: We got Venus in Santana on the phone. Good morning, good morning. So here's how you play.
Speaker 1: AI is going to sing a very popular song that we play here on Mix ninety six to nine. And you just got a guess the title of the song in the artist. Okay, okay, all right, so Venus, tell us what song is AI singing?
Speaker 3: Nothing to say when everything gets in the way, seems you cannot be replaced, and I'm the one who will stay. Oh, in this world, it's just us. You know, it's not the same as it was. In this world.
Speaker 2: It's just us.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not the same as it was as it was as it was. You know, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it's pretty obvious, I think at least, so Venus, what song is American Aidol singing Harry Styles as it was. Congratulations you are going to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights.
Speaker 2: You got a four pack of tickets. I love you, I love you. Have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Hangtit okay, all right on the way, football is officially kicking off tonight. Tonight, Travis Kelsey is gonna hit the field.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Is Taylor Swift gonna be there?
Speaker 1: And let me tell you this that football is already creating I don't want to say an.
Speaker 2: Issue, but a situation in both of our houses. Yes, that's fair.
Speaker 1: We'll explain in two songs right here on Mix Good Morning. It's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. Your DVAX tickets, those four pack of tickets are coming up around eight thirty this morning. But football is officially underway, especially in a lot of households.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sid, I've.
Speaker 1: Been with my husband for almost ten years, and fantasy football has been a quote unquote tradition in our household. And my husband is locked away during fantasy football time.
Speaker 2: And this is your first year experiencing it with your husband.
Speaker 4: This is my first year and I'm doing it as well, But I still don't get White so serious because here's the difference. My husband had to be sitting at his desk. He had like a list prepared of who he's gonna pick next. He did all this research. Yeah, like I couldn't bring him dinner. You know, he couldn't talk. He's got like maybe I got focus. Meanwhile, when I was doing my draft, it was on my iPhone while I'm watching a show on Netflix, while I'm working on my laptop.
Speaker 2: Didn't you at some point do like auto selas.
Speaker 4: I was like, I gotta go to bed, you know, multitasking that's just memory.
Speaker 1: No guy, period. Definitely take it super serious. In fact, my husband's scheduled. He had his fantasy football draft during his birthday, like on his actual birthday, and we were supposed to go get ice cream after and we're just waiting for him to be done, literally in the living room waiting. But during that time, I stuck my foot in my mouth, and I think my daughter was going to trade me in for another mom. It was crazy, so nice the words try hy okay. Let me set this up. So it is no secret that the Travis Kelcey and Jason Kelce. They are very attractive brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, remember when we saw that at Token Madera.
Speaker 1: Yes, like jaw hit the floor see Travis kelcey in person.
Speaker 2: Yes, And for the record, I stand by this.
Speaker 1: Anyone can tell you I have been a Kelsey Brothers fan since before Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Well absolutely, Like I didn't even really know who Travis Kelce was. To be honest, yeah, I knew he was a good player. But when you at the restaurant were like, oh my gosh, that's Travis Kelce. He's got this, this, this, and this. I've been following him for years. And then you pull up his girlfriend, his girlfriend on your phone.
Speaker 2: You've known Travis Kelce.
Speaker 1: Okay, So while my husband's doing his fantasy football, mom in the living room scrolling on my phone. Jackson's my eight year old over my shoulder, and we're scrolling. There's a picture of Travis Kelsey that comes up.
Speaker 2: Jokingly, I said.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, daddy right, And the way my eight year old pierced me with her eyeballs, like, how dare I call anyone daddy but her dad?
Speaker 2: She got on you.
Speaker 1: Oh. Within second, Not only did she run and tell my husband she's been telling everyone since she told my oldest daughter, Lilah, Mom called Travis Kelce daddy, Like, that's.
Speaker 2: Not my daughter, and I'm like, it's a joke. I was joking.
Speaker 1: And for the record, truly, my husband has been compared to a Kelsey brother.
Speaker 2: He yes, he does have a Jason Kelsey. Look, yeah, he's adjacent. So it makes sense. Okay, yeah, it's your type. It's my type.
Speaker 1: My husband and the Kelsey brothers are my type. That's really cute. So Jack's you're in the car on the way to school listening. I'm sorry, we only have one daddy in this house. Okay, won't happen again. Hyped Up this morning on Makes ninety six nine in The Valley's Best Mix, Priscilla Here. So Sid yesterday I had some girlfriends over for a little dinner drink session.
Speaker 2: Right, and we were talking. We saw this meme.
Speaker 1: On social media and it says something along the lines of, like, the worst person you know is somewhere in therapy right now being.
Speaker 2: Told to protect their peace.
Speaker 1: We started unpacking that, okay, and it's true because you're like man in our lives, we're the hero, the like main character, right, Yes, and we always have the villain, but quote unquote, that villain is the hero in their life and their little world. And so we started like turning the what do you call it the arrowback on us and we're like, Dan, we wonder, like, who's life We're the villain in?
Speaker 2: Oh? I see yep? Am I the villain? Am I the villain? Exactly? The drama.
Speaker 1: So for today's hot topic, the question is are you the villain in someone else's story?
Speaker 2: And why so? Can you? Can you think of one right away?
Speaker 4: I think the worst one was I was supposed to be in a girlfriend's wedding from college. Okay, we went to the bacherette party, we did the whole deal, and it was probably just a few weeks away from the wedding I was in.
Speaker 2: It had bought the dress, it was across the country.
Speaker 4: I was living in North Dakota at the time, and I just I couldn't afford it, and so I had.
Speaker 2: To call her.
Speaker 4: I just lost my job, whoa, And so I had to call her on the phone. I was like, listen, I'm so sorry, but like I cannot make this work. I don't know what to do. I don't even know what my next week looks.
Speaker 2: Like was she taking it personal? Like how do you? How dare you drop out of my wedding so soon?
Speaker 4: I think she had a sweet reaction in the moment, but then we lost touch. I mean immediately, Oh she immediately immediately.
Speaker 2: It's like freaking sid. I think I was the villain a little bit because.
Speaker 4: You know, then she had to and now that I've planned a wedding, it's stressful. So I can't imagine if someone dropped out and she had to, you know, like grab a cousin and like get her address.
Speaker 2: And I feel like there's more I could have done for sure to not have that issue, or like drop out and send her the dress or something. Okay, can I help?
Speaker 4: I was just like, I get honest on my life, you were just a disaster.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of times do we peg people the villain when they just don't like it's not that they were intentional about it, right. I really say, in my life, I'm my kid's villain every single day.
Speaker 2: When I say no, I'll say that's true for me. It's like I was.
Speaker 1: I think in general, because I am an outspoken, direct person, I never ever addressed anyone out of character or rudely, but because I like to conflict resolve, people see that as like a negative thing, So I could be considered a villain in that space, and other.
Speaker 4: People could be labeling you a villain where you're just like I don't want to do it my thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, I'm just being who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that that disrupts you, but it leads to think, like there are so many people out there that are villains in other people's story.
Speaker 2: Like are you the villain to your mother in law? Are you the villain to your baby daddy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you the villain because you had a falling out with a friend? Give us a call.
Speaker 1: We want to hear why you are the villain in someone else's life? Six oh two two six oh oh nine six ' nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine six nine. Why are you the villain in someone else's story? It's six ninety six ' nine The Valley's Best Mix Forcilla.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: That is our hot topic, and we have Sandra on the phone. Okay, Sandra, why are you the villain in someone else's story?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, I was a former manager, so I was a villain in somebody's story. Because the old management was a different style and uh as recently treating forty. I guess I'm a little bit old school now. So my villain is is just because I had a I was traditional in the sense of boys to office justice for.
Speaker 1: All like bosses and managers out there, because no matter how great they are, there's always going to be that one employee that's going to see them as a villain. Yeah, thanks for calling Sandra. Okay, let's move on to Megan. Now, Megan, why are you the villain in someone's story?
Speaker 6: I have an ax, like a baby daddy. He was really evil. He just he like went crazy when I got pregnant, and even though we had been together for years and so when I left him, like my kid was like a baby when I left him, and he hasn't been around for eight years. But I'm definitely the villain in history.
Speaker 2: Girl, I can relate. I got one of those.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like the evil baby mama who doesn't let him see his kids, blah blah blah. But no he hasn't. He hasn't contacted me in over eight years. Really shortly after I left him, he actually got another girl pregnant while he was homeless and then yeah, and then like I've looked at his record and it's like nothing but liked uuys and drunk driving and reckless driving and so yeah, so behind the villain in his story definitely?
Speaker 2: Of course, girl, are we living parallel lives? Because that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: I'm the villain in my daughter's dad's story. Well, thank you, Megan for sharing while you're the villain in someone else's story. Yeah, all right, give us a call. You don't have to tell us who you are if you don't want to. But why are you the villain in someone else's story? Is it completely ridiculous? And like, really, is this what you got? Give us a call? Six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine. That's six o two two six oh nine six nine, a shower poke up with some crusty eyes. Good to see you, scan.
Speaker 2: It's just coming off. I have to hear it, careful not to pull it off because I don't plead. I did have a couple of little blood spots, so.
Speaker 1: Trying to be No, that is not audio from a horror film, slash slasher movie.
Speaker 2: It's excited.
Speaker 1: Six nine The Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla here. That is Tamra Judge from the Real Housewives of Orange County and said she just got a facial procedure called like a CO three facial.
Speaker 4: Yep, and terrifying, but we are glued to the recovery.
Speaker 1: I am like glued, Like it is the biggest story in the nation.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: So it is a basically skincare procedure, skin procedure where they literally burn the entire top layer of your face off in an attempt to like rejuvenate your face. And she's documenting the entire process on social media. And it starts with like her face beat red because you got to be put under for this thing.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Every day it progresses and like by day three she looks like she got hit by a bus.
Speaker 4: It's so terrifying and so shocking, and it's funny to me that she's just popping up on Instagram every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, day three.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I could do it. I don't know that I could show my face that vulnerably. Maybe I could. I wonder if on the other end of it, she's gonna come out looking like thirty years younger.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope, So after going through all of this, and this is why.
Speaker 1: And I'm an advocate as somebody who got their license in esthetics and is an advocate for sunscreen. This is why you take care of your skinning your twenties and your thirties so when you're in your fifties, you don't have to burn your face off.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, so terrifying. And then did you see what her mom was saying. She's like, your face literally makes me want to throw them. I look so painful and you don't look like yourself.
Speaker 1: It's like I can't turn away, so I cannot, so I cannot wait to see the end results.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest. So here's what we'll do. I don't want to put the actual photo of her face on Instagram, but what we'll do is we'll.
Speaker 1: Post a picture of her normal and then link the Instagram post so you can see at your discretion.
Speaker 2: It is very interesting on our Instagram right now.
Speaker 1: At Miss ninety six to nine FM.
Speaker 2: That's Paramore.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be at our iHeartRadio Music Festival at the end of September, which is really exciting. If you want to go, your tickets at AXS dot com. Priscilla here. So sid I just watched a TikTok video about what cruise line companies do to save billions of dollars, and apparently what they do is to make their ship bigger and to add more people to it. They literally slice it in half and add like a whole section, like a puzzle piece into the ship, and then glue it back together, slash solder it back together and create a bigger ship and then just put it back in the water and it floats. Put it back in the water. Why who's doing this? Why would any This is why I'm not a cruise ship person.
Speaker 2: I love cruises, I really do. I think it's one of the best. Second round I don't know if I could ever trust you again.
Speaker 4: I've been on two and it was really fun with our whole family, given at the time we were all different age ranges and I was in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before you cared about anything, before you knew that life ended, before you knew that real danger existed.
Speaker 2: Got it. That's true?
Speaker 4: But I mean I kind of trust them to get it back together. They're not going to put it back in the water if it's dangerous.
Speaker 2: Have you heard the Titanic the unsingable shit. Well you know that was years.
Speaker 1: Listen, all I think this is the let me put my tin hat on. These are the only conspiracies I believe is that at the end of the day, they just care about making the money, whether it you know.
Speaker 2: We have heard a lot of cruise horror since I went on my last cruise.
Speaker 1: It is cool thought to see it because they're physically showing it's a real video, like they're literally they're literally showing this cruise ship being sliced in half and put back together. After knowing that though, I will say, if I wasn't ever going to go on a cruise ship before, I'm definitely not gonna do it now.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: Check out this video on our Instagram at mcsinety six nine FM