Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, once again, Cincinnati made the national news last night with Lester Holt all over the place on CNN and Fox News this morning because to the burglary of Joe Burrow's home, which may be connected to the South American gangs. But who knows the person that broke the story? The power of five those five radars are constantly moving all over the tri State is Karen Johnson and Karen Johnson, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Karen, first of all, as we sit here this early Wednesday afternoon, can you tell the American people the facts as we know them to be at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so crazy. One out of Anderson Township, Monday night football Joe Burrows in Dallas, right around the same time as kickoffs, a woman who said who was staying at Joe Burrow's house in Anderson Township called her mom called nine one one said the house was broken into through a back window, a bedroom window. It was shattered and she said the bedroom there had been ransacked. The one thing that was interesting at the time, according to the radio dispatch and my one cause we got there was a Hamilton County off duty deputy doing a security detail at the house at least at the time that the break in was discovered, and as it stands right now, there has been no arrest. Hamilton County Sheriff's office cannot tell me at this point if they think it's linked to the other burglaries that are targeting high profile sports stars like Chravis, Chelsey, Patrick Mahomes. They all had their homes broken into in October.
Speaker 1: We also have I know of several I won't say friends of mine, but acquaintances living in Indian Hill that had their homes broken into and the same way. And the rangers in Indian Hill want to keep that a bit quiet because it's not good for business. But going back in time, do you know whether the games the kickoff was about eight fifteen or so, and the woman called about eight pm. She called nine to one one. We've all heard the tape and she called her mom, who I think New York City, who had then routed it back to Hamleton County. But is it possible that the so called burglary took place many hours before that, before the woman was in the house, and before the deputy sheriff got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good possibility because when she reported, they asked, you know, if there was a burglary in progress or if it was kind of just discovered, and it was just discovered at that time, and according to the incident report, it says she arrived at the house and found it broken into. Also on the incident report, it lists the time of the burglary anytime between one thirty Sunday afternoon and eight fifteen Monday night. So as far as we know, at least of what the deputies are realating to us is that's the time frame. So we don't know exactly when the burglary took place.
Speaker 1: So for those to speculate that the woman was there while the burglary was occurring, or the deputy sheriff was there, I understand he was in a Mark Carr sitting in the driveway listening to radio, which of course we encourage. But nonetheless, it's completely possible that at one thirty pm Sunday afternoon, while Joe was gone, that the cop had not arrived yet and or the woman wasn't there. That's certainly possible.
Speaker 2: That is possible, because what we don't know at this point is what time the off duty cop started his security detail there.
Speaker 1: Do we know what was stolen from Joe Burrow's bedroom.
Speaker 2: We don't the incident report. Obviously, Joe wasn't there, so he doesn't know. You know, he didn't have a chance at least when the report was taken to go over and tell them what he thought it was stolen, and they said the woman gave a pretty non descript you know, of items that may have been taken, but at this point, none of that information has been released. At to talk with the fokesperson for the Sheriff's office too, and she told me she is not to paid any new information to be released today.
Speaker 1: And Karen Johnson, please go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I wanted to touch base because I am getting calls and I'm obviously working the story all day today. You mentioned Indian Hill. I have not been able to confirm that, but I have gotten some calls to check into that. I've also gotten a tip that maybe a few days higher to Joe's, there was another break in close by his house. So we're a work in all of that right now, trying to kind of connect the dots and see if there's more to this, more taking place in these two neighborhood locally.
Speaker 1: Either Channel five or others have drones up and in that area, it's kind of behind Coldstream Country Club. It's a heavily wooded area. It's kind of on the Ohio River and the cliffs. And to go back into that particular area, there's a gate and to go out the back of that house. I've been there, not to that house, but I've been in that friend of mine three doors down lives there, and it's a heavily wooded area. And so if somebody would break in the back of the house where the master bedroom is, can I use master anymore? Maybe primary? And the guy went through that window, is there any indication whether it was cut out or shattered? Because security normally the sound detectors would catch a shattered window. However it was cut out with suction cups, the shattering would not have taken place, in which case the noise wouldn't set off the alarm. So behind his house, can you tell the American people what is behind the home that someone could go into the wooded area because behind that house is Coldstream Country Club and a big parking lot. But that's one hell of a trek from Joe Burrow's house through the woods. Do you see what I'm saying? How could someone have gotten.
Speaker 2: Out with the gates that would that would you know, take a lot of planning to fifty two that comes up you know that road, and then come up through the heavily wooded area through the back of his house. That is a possibility. We also though, if you think about it, where he lives, it is a gated community, but the gated community for cars but not for people walking. You could easily walk around the gates the way it's situated. So at this point we don't know. You know, the detectives are not saying if they think he came up through the wooded area, because that would be quite a hall, or if he may have came through the front and just not driven a car. But also you know you're out there those gates ogus frequently. Yeah, people coming and going constantly, so it's not like, you know, it's secure. But up to a point.
Speaker 1: In fact, someone at night, say Sunday evening, like at five thirty pm, you could drive around those gates that open up. It's simply a clicker and there's no guard there. You simply hit the clicker or the gates open. I've been there a couple of times where the gates are stuck open because the clickers aren't working. This isn't a master burglary situation where they had no I mean, it'd be easy to get someone back there. But I know the deputy sheriff is catching a lot of flak because how can a cop And Joe Burrow may say, you know, you pay a cop fifty bucks an hour to sit there mark police car and he's in his car and why didn't he Knowah Burgley was going on. Well, it could have taken place hours before he got there.
Speaker 2: That is possibility. It could have taken place before he got there. It also, I mean, if you look at the size of those houses back there, he's sitting in a vehicle in the front. Are you will you even here even if the glass was shattered in the back on the other side of the house, so you know, it's one deputy sitting, you know, doing a security detail, may not have known it's a huge house and.
Speaker 1: The woman in the house. Were there two people in the house or one? There was some reporting early on it was a woman and a guy. Was it only a woman to the best of your knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in the nine on one call, she's talking to a man and it sounds like she's saying asking the guy, saying are you are you you know a cop? Are you security? So it almost seems like she did not know the deputy who was doing the security detail, and she was a little confused of who he was.
Speaker 1: So as far as there is other similar burglaries, I'm personally aware of two people at Kenwa Country Club that had their homes broken into in a similar fashion. It was the second story. They were absent from the home. It was in February of last year, and they were down in their home down in Miami Beach area and someone put like deer cameras in a bush or a tree so they could monitor the house. Who was there, who was not there. They knew no one would be there because they had cameras indicating it. They took a ladder, went up to the second floor, used a cutting device. Instead of shattering the window, they used a cutting device with rubber and they pulled it away. They went in the house, stole a whole bunch of stuff, went out, came came back down. The window was left. Shall we say open because it was cut out and it was February of last year and it was it was shall we say, the pipes were frozen and all hell broke loose, and the rangers don't want to get the information out to scare people because otherwise you got problems. And there's other people that in the Blue Ash and Villa Hills area that have called me and said they had the same thing happened to them. And one of the rules is they monitor their property with cameras. They make sure who's in who's not there. They know that they go in and they have a ten minute time frame to get in and get out. They don't shatter windows, they cut them out, and they use a cloaking or masking device on signals from the house to in case there's a burglary alarm that is sent by signal. No one has a landline anymore. And that's how it's done. And what do you know about that whole situation that is.
Speaker 2: Scary to me. I can tell you this when with the deputy reported and you know in the nine of one caller, the woman she said quote the word shattered. They use the word shattered, So I don't know the situation. I can tell you when we put the drone up, you could see the back window and it was boarded up. So we don't know how they got into Joe Burrow's house. But you know, getting back to I understand a lot of police departments want to keep buy when they happen in nicer neighborhoods. But me, I'm talking to people in Borrow's neighborhood and blocks away. They want to know this stuff because if it's happening more than once, you know, they have a right to know. You know, I know one woman right now, she's adding extra security to her house. She doesn't live, she lives a few minutes away from Burrow because of this, and people who live in these communities have a right to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: And the other rule of these gangs is no injuries. If they have to confront someone, they get out because they don't want to kill or hurt anyone. But this is dangerous because the homeowner there was a homeowner and it was in Warren County two days ago that shot an intruder. I think you might have covered it, and thank god shots were fired and the bad guy's dead. But one of the rules of the South American gangs is no injuries, no deaths, don't confront We don't want to cause any more difficulty for us. And then if difficulty arises, they simply get them out of the country and bring in an the crew. I had an FBI agent retired tell me there's eighty to ninety gangs of five to ten members each operating all over the country. And this is something that it's scary as can be because I don't think they're going to go into a Cape Cod in Middletown, but they look for areas, especially young athletes that have a lot of bling. But then it also involved a couple of prominent families in Indian Hill and they're scared to death. They don't want to sleep in their house anymore. It's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I know the with the NBA and the NFL players, you know them, seems to be the same. It's happening when the players are at a game. I think it was the Milwaukee Bucks. Bobby Portis he had his broken into and it was right up kickoffs, and it was the same situation. It was through a back window, through a bedroom window. It was ransacked. So there are striking similarities between the burglaries that we're finding, but again, Hamilton County Sheriffs not really seeing for sure if they believe this one is connected to the others.
Speaker 1: Of course you don't know, but to his all the earmarks and to get away from that house on the back end, I would say, it's almost impossible to leave Joe Burrow's home and walk down the hill away from the high River, through all the woods to find a car to get you out of there. It didn't someone just walking around like Hyde Park or over the rhine. No, no, no, no, you can't go out. That makes me believe that it was a car or a vehicle that went inside or through the gate which is not guarded and waited out front. The cop hadn't arrived yet. They did what they did in dark, got out within ten minutes and they're gone. That's one that's a guess on my part. Does that kind of fit with you with what you know at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, we don't know at this point. We just they're not saying anything. But I'm sure if that is the case, you think with all those houses, you know, those high end homes right there, there has to be some high end security systems that have cameras facing the road. So I would think at this point there would be some kind of footage that shows something, especially if they have a time frame between one thirty Sunday and eight fifteen Monday. You know, they know what area they're looking for, they know what time they're asking the neighbors to go back look at the security cameras. But again that's something we don't know what the Testives have yet.
Speaker 1: And there's one way in and one way out there. It kind of branches off left and right, but there's one way back there and one way out. The whole development only started about twelve fifteen years ago because it's beautiful overlooking the High River. It's what it. It's beautiful. A lot of high end individuals lived there and they built their homes there. But there's not a lot of ways in, not a lot of ways out, and so I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Correct, especially if you drove in. If you drove in, you have to drive out the same way.
Speaker 1: That's it, And I bet they have footage of something today. But Karen Johnson, you and Brian Hamrick are the best there is at this and once again, thank you for coming on The Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: And thank you, Karen, thank you for having me have a good day.
Speaker 1: I thank you Rol. Let's continue with more. And what's happening with area police departments is it's bad for business and families don't want to publicize the fact they've been robbed because that's unsettling and it's bad for the neighborhood. And that's what's going on. But the eighty to ninety teams of ten to twenty members each and that's out of Chile and out of Venezuela, and that's what's happening. You're informed. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW