Speaker 1: What do we make of the ever changing Washington Commander's offense with so many injuries, how do you handle the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Kansas City Wide Receiver Corps in Week four? And what is the best way to put yourself in the best position to win an FFPC Main Event or FFPC Big Gorilla Championship for that one million dollars grand prize after three weeks of play. Once again, this is the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. We are pleased to be welcome once again Stephen Lafountain, the fourth place team in the FFPC Big Gorilla Contest, as well as Farrell Elliott. We've got a great show for you tonight. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now. It's down the.
Speaker 2: Pressure broadcast live in Horner Raul the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by by f FPC dot Com with your hosts, Eric Boltman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now. Because no one else was available, here are Eric Boltman and Barrel Elliotts.
Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to all you Frelix and Paulcoholics. This is the latest episode of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by the Fantasy Football Players Championship over at m y f f PC dot com. That is my f f PC dot com. So glad to have you a board tonight. This is gonna be a fun show for sure. You can connect with me on the X at Eric Balfman you know me from the road of his high Stakes load on the f f PC, the Fantasy Football Players Championship and of course uh the f f PC Insider Access show on the Better Sports Network. Going to be a fun show tonight. As we head into week four. Can you believe it's week four? I feel like every single podcast and stream you listen to is like, oh my god, it's week four already. Yes, it's week four. This is where we're at right now. But it's so exciting to be here and I want to welcome you in tonight for this evening show. It's going to be a good one. We have Farall Elliott standing by the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship Commissioner and the definitive commissioner of Fantasy Football. You can connect with him on the ex at Jafarrell Elliott and check out his Kentucky Fantasy Football Championship at KFFSC dot com. So good to be joined by Stephen Lafountain tonight, coming up later on in the program in about fifteen minutes or so. He is the fourth place team owner heading into week four of the FFPC Big Girl as he chases a one million dollar grand prize then no stranger to winning to a winner of several FFPC leagues going forward here in the past as well, and he's looking to cash in a seven figure grand prize here as well. If you want to connect with the show on X it is at HSFF hour. You can email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com, Facebook dot com slash HSFF hour if you want to post your questions, comments, queries, quibbles and complaints there. If you want to send anything to us, go there or you know the X post that we have The chat room Questions Fantasy Feedback segment is going to be up on the last segment of the show tonight and we'll get to everything there. I want to shout out our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob. If you are looking for weekly action in the Fantasy Football Players Championship, go ahead and check out m y FFPC dot com for the FFPC Weekly Challenge. There's no draft, there's no salary cap. Just pick ten players or twelve players. If you want to play with kickers and defenses. You can win up to two thousand, five hundred dollars ten thirty and one hundred team contests. Only one player per NFL team there. Keep that in mind as well. My FFPC dot com is where to go. Remember, if you want Calvin Austin, you cannot have Aaron Rodgers. If you want Jordan Addison, you cannot have Jordan Mason. That is the slant on it. It's basically the carbon copy of our FFPC world famous Playoff Challenge, which we'll introduce coming up at the end of the season as well. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be coming up Tuesday, and we'll get you up to date on everything we got going on next week on the FFPC Families of Podcasts. So I want to bring up a lively chat room right now, ladies and gentlemen, a ton of people chiming in right I will kick things off right now with James Hicks, my buddy from Team Porky's and KFFS. Good evening, Ferrell Bulkey, and Oinker. The weekend starts now. Oinker is very excited for the weekend and he is hanging out with us tonight as well. James also wants to know what do we make of Jacory cross Merritt. Is he Jacory Krossky Merret the law firm, or is he built the ambulance chasing lawyer we see on Billboard's and annoying TV ads Roster Clogger or hold Yeah, this is an interesting conversation. And I brought this up with god who, as I taught, I think it was Jack Miller from Established the Run on FFPC Insider Access last night, and I said, and he agreed with me. I said, the proper way to handle this is you go with rostering every single one of the Commander's running backs from Krosskey Merritt to Jeremy McNichols to Chris Rodriguez. But as it stands, right now, you start, none of them agree or disagree, and Jack said he agreed, And I think that's the way to do it. You want to make sure that you have these players on your roster, but you have to wait till these things kind of sort themselves out. Right now, these things are not sorted out. Krossky Merrit to me, is not startable on a non bye week unless you got hit with big time injuries. He's al that should be on your bench. Same thing with Rodriguez, same thing with Jeremy McNichols. I think that's the way we have to look at it at this point right now. So hopefully that helps you out. James, Tom Smith, Happy Friday, Bulky and Farrell. Let's get these oinkers oinking yet they already are oinking as well. And then John Terry, I'm gonna bring this up right now because I'm gonna bring in Farrell Elliott. In a second, I'm gonna bring in my trustee, John Terry Las Vegas Raiders chain right now that he gave to me as a gift in honor of Farrell Elliott. Anytime we talk about the Vegas Raiders, and quite frankly, since John is hanging out with us tonight, I'm gonna bring this on as well. John gave me this gift because we're at Paris Casino in Las Vegas for the FFPC live events this year, and I don't know if John has seen me wear this yet. I'm gonna wear it on the stream right now. This is the Parisian beret, the French beret in you know, channeling, channeling the Griswold family in national lampoons, Las Vegas, European vacation. I have the bulky beret right now that I'm wearing as we answer his question, and I'll bring in our Las Vegas Raiders expert. He is the defenditive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. Please welcome into the program, mister J. Farrell. Elliott Farrell, welcome in tonight. So good to have you on. I'm in full gear. I got the Paris MFPC bereon courtesy of John Terry. I got the Raiders chain on courtesy of John Terry. And he's asking us right now what we project for Trey Tucker the rest of the season. Good evening to you, sir, and what do you think about Tucker?
Speaker 4: What do I think about Tucker? I think it was a year, maybe a year and a half too early, Balky. We were beating the drums for him twenty twenty four. He's a wonderful basketball player. It will be very, very frustrating to figure out when you should start Trey Tucker and those that started him last weekend the tip of my cap, and in the variety of teams that we have in the FFPC and in the six hundred and eighty four teams we have in Kentucky, I want someone to step up and say they started last week. But to that point, Trey Tucker has always been a deep threat. He's got a quarterback that can unselected games get him the ball, and he's going to be in a situation where the Raiders are going to be trailing quite often and there'll be balls flying around. The running back's going to get his, the tight end's going to get his, Myers is going to get his. But as long as Trey Tucker can beat the secondary and beat him deep and Geno can get him the ball, you could have some plus games. But you know what you said earlier about bie week situations, for Crosskey Merritt. There is your Trey Tucker situation as well.
Speaker 1: I think I'll bring this up in regards to Trey Tucker, Dante Thornton was a darling of a lot of people during the drafting season, and he has failed to show out thus far, and quite frankly, he's a rookie. He shouldn't be showing out this far. You have Jack Besh and Jacoby Myers, who I think are a duplication of skills. You have Brock Bowers who's hobbled right now, who is the guy that's on the field, a ton who is the best field stretcher on that team. Not only is this guy a lidlifter Farrell, but I think Trey Tucker has a role on this team just in normal passing situations. And I think that that's something we couldn't say about Tucker in years past, and we could say it about him this year. I went heavy on him in a few Kentucky leagues, a few Private Dynasty leagues. I definitely needed him in a couple of private Dynasty leagues as well. So we'll see what happens there with Trey Tucker. Adam Han joining us tonight apparently Philadelphia Eagles pass catchers are fantasy relevant when a team gets to build a double digit lead on them. But how many teams can do that? And I think this is interesting to bring up Pharrel. We're very excited to see. At least I was excited to see what Aj Brown could do for me this past week. But it took the getting down nineteen to the Rams. And DeVonta Smith, ye know, he was involved, but not heavily involved. And Adam brings up a good point. If this is what it takes for the Eagles pass offense to be alive, how many teams are going to get up three touchdowns on Philly this season. I don't see it.
Speaker 4: No, that passing game is exactly what it's going to be last year, and there's one guy that runs it. It's Aj Brown. Smith contributes to Goddard when he's healthy. That's what it looks like. And as long as Barkley is a approaching the five yards of average carry and as long as the tush bush is legal in the league, that's what you get when you get involved with DeVonta Smith. And that's why, as Balkie, I know you have an intravenous drip to Darren RMANI and all of his information, and that is why you could tell us that DeVante Smith never moved much further? Was it a sixth round draft pick? And I want to roll back if anyone in Jack Beck's camp is listening to the aspect that you said he had interchangeable skills with Jacobe Myers. You just made Christmas for him in September. How sweet it is that that could be. Speaking of Christmas and gift giving, Balky, right now, I have you at two gifts from John Terry. The commission down here in Kentucky. We have zero gifts from John Terry and zero guests from John Terry. But I love the John Terry. You know, John Terry showed up in Kentucky for his first trip this year and was an absolute perfect gentleman. Perhaps we can attribute that to his being with his running buddy, Bip Lab, but he was a pleasure to have and I can't wait till he returns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bip lad Mendel John Terry both top ten and the kffsc Man event heading into week four, which is awesome for sure that we're seeing that so far this season and as John said, too bad Week three doesn't pay out. Yeah, it's a long way to go, and for those of us who are chasing Terry and Mandel, we are very excited that it is a long way to go, so we have the chance to catch them for sure. Permar ninety nine, Pharrell, our good buddy. I have Luther Burden and Tory Horton as stashes. Do I drop one of them to pick up Jalen Cocher? I don't think so. What say you? And I'm gonna tell you right now, I'd love to have Luther Burden on my team. I love to have Tory Horton on my team. Quite frankly, I do have Jalen Coker on a few of my teams. If it comes down to it, we're the only way I can acquire Cocher on one of my teams is dropping Horton or dropping Burden. I draw the line there. I'm with Permar on this. I would rather have Burden. I'd rather have Horton than Jalen Coker at the back end of my roster. Right now, Fero, he's.
Speaker 4: Asking for advice and you gave him some very solid.
Speaker 1: And I want to bring up before we get in. Our guest Stephen Lafountain is coming up right now, the fourth place team in the FFPC, Big Gorilla, heading into this week of play. I want to bring up some stuff that came up in the last few hours here, Farrell, just to kind of get your take on it going forward as the final or the Friday. Injury reports came out for a lot of teams today. Bashell Tooton was removed from the injury report. He's going to play in Week four against the forty nine ers. I'm of the opinion that you keep tooting on your roster, not willing to play him this week even as a flex. Is that how you fall in on this as well.
Speaker 4: You can't find many running backs on the waiver wire, Bulky. If you've got one that any kind of promise, hang on to you.
Speaker 1: Tom Smith wants to know as we continue our Raiders conversation, he wants to know if Ashton Genty is gonna get rolling versus the Bears this week. I know that a lot of rookies struggle early on in the season. We have seen a lot of rookies, and more so wide receivers, but it's happening with running backs. Farrel pick it up at the end the back end of seasons, the second half of seasons. I don't think we're going to have to wait too long for gent I do think he has a nice game this week. I'm looking at fifteen plus Fantasy points, maybe even twenty, So I'm betting big on Genty this week. How do you think he's going to fare against that Bears defense.
Speaker 4: I think he'll do well, and I think if he can quit being contacted behind the line of scrimmage, he may just have a chance. Watch that defensive at first, any opposition that you're playing against this weekend or moving forward, there's little he can do. If he's being touched in the backfield a minute he gets the ball. That compromises every running back skill set. But these people that are talking about Genty being a bust must not be watching the same games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's plenty of people. I can't remember who said this this week. I think it was like Graham Barfield. There's somebody from Fantasy Points was saying, or maybe as Adam Harstad from Football Guy said that if you look at the history of draft capital metrics and kie running backs off to slow starts like Ashton Genty was and the people that are getting compared to Trent Richardson more often than not they end up the opposite of Trent. I am still very much team Genty, still very much a team o'murray and Hampton as well Woward. With these rookie running backs, Ricky Pearsall questionable the play against the Jaguars this week as we stick with San Francisco. He did not practice Wednesday, got in a limited practice yesterday, limited practice on Friday. Juwan Jennings got a limited practice in today, and I think that if he is able to go against the Jaguars, that hurts Pearsall a little bit. But Farrell, I am breaking ties in favor of Ricky pearsall this week, and I'm breaking ties against Juwan Jennings as far as starting lineups goes that the way you see it as well.
Speaker 4: I do, And I would add that health is a question here, quarterback might be a question here. But one of the things that I think everyone in fantasy football needs to look at is the power of the Jacksonville Jags defense. They are They're ball howking corners that are not afraid to get physical, and they're the type that could frustrate a player like Pearson, So you add that into the mix, and it might be good to look somewhere else. You know, you've got a full roster of twenty players. Chances are you drafted a lot of good players. You probably didn't draft them as high with the draft capital that you had to spend on Pierso and Jennies, but you've still got good receivers that you can mix in.
Speaker 1: Permar ninety nine also says, by the way, he is rolling with Matthew Golden over Jamison william this week in his second flex, he feels great about it. And I will say this to Permar. I think he was alluding to what happened on the FFPC Inside or Access show last night, and I said I would still rather play Jamison Williams over Matthew Golden. And while I do stand by that, I think I'd rather play Williams than Golden this week, I will say that I'm much more bullish on Golden than I was over the last four eight hours. Obviously, we know that Jayden Reid is not going to play, we know Tucker Craft is still banged up, and we know that Dallas secondary cannot cover Deep. So while I'll still say Jamison Williams over Golden this week, it's much closer off for me right now. And I don't think it's a bad start to play Golden over Jamison Williams Farrell. If it comes down to Golden and Whiskey Bill, who are you playing in Week four?
Speaker 4: It's not even a decision. You're playing Whiskey Bill. Detroit rolls back into their home stadium. This is a player that's paid his dues, that deserves to start Golden. Maybe a good player. Balky. You say that the Dallas Cowboys cannot defend deep, Well they haven't yet, but they practiced all week. Let's see what happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will see what happened. Mean like, if this was the panacea that they needed, was a full week of practice heading into this Packers game, then listen.
Speaker 4: That they showed up and watched some film right exactly.
Speaker 1: Racy wants to know as far as quarterbacks go for Racy this week, Geno Smith or the Raiders. Who who is taking on the Chicago Bears or Jared Goff who's at home against the Cleveland Browns. A defense that really stemied the Packers offense last week. Who you got this week? Pharrell Smith or Golf?
Speaker 4: We always played Jared Golf at home, That's who. That's why we drafted Gino Smith. It's hard to pick Gino roulette of which game that he's going to play, and you would expect him to bring this one together and you would expect him to get mid twenties points. But I'm just going to look at Jared Golf in an offense that I can really respect, to the player that knows how to play in that in that field, in that home stadium, and you add in the variety of talent that is around golf, and that's hard to beat. So let's go with Golf.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna roll with Smith. I got burned on him last week. I know he's at home this week and he plays really well at home, but man, the way that Gino Smith is launching the ball down the field, I'm just salivating for the big plays.
Speaker 4: And sometimes, Balky, I think that the quantity and quality of bourbon that you you consumed at the KFFSC has washed all logic from your tongue. But I will not abuse you on Gino Smith. God bless you go.
Speaker 1: Too, God bless you my friend a couple more before we get to steal a fountain. The fourth place team owner in the FFPC Big Gorilla, Steve Irgallos Fantasy Sopranos, Brian Thomas Jr. Is destroying me. Yes, he is not helping anybody with you know who has him on his team right now, parall I'm playing the long game. I'm not panicking. I understand that this is a player that has really led us down in the first two weeks. I still think that based on what I saw last year, really tough for me to see him just fall off the face of the earth. This year, I'm still playing him, maybe with a little bit less confidence than I had in weeks one or two, but I'm still playing them and I still have a faith that he is going to perform and get close to his draft capital this year.
Speaker 4: You should there is variants in this young player's game. Jacksonville is a team that I looked away from in the draft, and you know too. So far I was correct because of the production of Thomas and the production at the tight end, a position has not been there, but Travis at the end has been a fine producer in the backfield. These games have heaving flows to the Thomas will get his So far no good, but we could say that about a number of players drafted in that area. You can't before we get to October. You can't give up on your draft strategy. You guys are very very good drafters. You have reasons you made those picks. You thought about them all summer long, and you put them into motion both online and live at the FFPC. You must understand that you were right. Then you've been proven wrong early. But he's given you great advice.
Speaker 1: We'll try to give some great advice to Tom Smith here. He's got a choice between Brock Perty or Justin Fields. Party practice today, he is a full goal against the Jaguars on Sunday at home. Justin Field's coming back off that concussion. He's going to go, but he goes down to Miami on the road, but it is the Dolphins. I'm rolling with Purty here, Perrell. I understand that Fields maybe has the higher upside, but I think Perty is the stronger start for me for Tom Smith here, what say you?
Speaker 4: If you ever believe in Fields, this is probably the week to play him. However, Tom, if you're talking about your teams, both of them that are in the top ten in the KFFSC. You don't need a hero performance from your quarterback in purty. We'll give you exactly what you need to fill in with the rest of your roster. Depends what your roster needs. If you're off to an zero and three star and you're down in the second half of your division, run fields out there and try to get that plus ten over party that you really don't need.
Speaker 1: We uh, we do need this for uh for our show tonight, our guest, ladies. Gentleman named multi time winner in the f FPC over the course of the main event and our midstakes contest. And speaking of our midstakes contest, he currently sits in fourth place overall in the f FPC Big Girl heading into week four. He's got a heck of a team and he's gonna join us tonight to talk about that squad, his other teams, and so much more going on in the FFPC. Please welcome in, ladies and gentlemen, mister Steve love Fountain. Steve, welcome aboard tonight, Happy Friday night. Thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Steve, you're muted. May be on mute.
Speaker 1: You may be on and hold and hold on. I think I might have the problem. So I'm gonna test something here, Farrell. I'm gonna take off my French beat and see if that somehow unlocks the audio for one Steve la Fountain.
Speaker 4: Steve, No, he's out there.
Speaker 1: Oh he can't. Now he can't. Might not be able to hear it as well. This is a problem. This is a problem. He can hear us, but we cannot hear him.
Speaker 4: You got mute, got on mute.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to try something here. I just I tried muting and unmuting him. We'll see it might be might be on the settings there for because he can hear us, which is good. We want to hear that. But most importantly, we want to hear from the dude who is this close to the top of the top of the mountaintop in the f f PC contest. Steve. We got you know? No, still unmute. I'm sorry, Steve, this is a problem. Hold on, Let's let's try to figure this out. I'm gonna I'm gonna private message Steve here and see if we can figure this out.
Speaker 4: To make maybe if Steve would go to his telephone and come in that one that that's a that's a that's a.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try your phone, Try your phone and and see if that happens, Steve. See if that works, Steve, and you'll be able to get on video on your phone too. You can use that same link that I sent you and you should be able to log on with your phone there and uh and that may that may help us out. Pharaoh. By the way, this gives us a good opportunity. Right now. Do you have the questions for Steve, because I'm seeing something weird with the rundown tonight. Yeah, I've got the questions for you. Okay, so this is this is on. No, No, I have them, I have them. I'm just looking at my show sheet tonight. Oh my show sheet looks jacked up. And that's normally what I said.
Speaker 4: I'm good to go, buddy. I've got the engines on the seven forty seven rumbling. I want to take off down that that don that runway and let let's get flying here.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold, there we go.
Speaker 2: There is all right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna turn one of them. Most got it.
Speaker 1: He's got it. He's way ahead of it, Pharaoh.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 1: Good evening, and welcome to you. Once again, technology falls in the face of great f f PC high stakes players, as Steve Lafountain has defeated it. Tonight, good Friday evening to you. How you doing tonight, man.
Speaker 2: I'm doing real good man. How about you? Guys?
Speaker 1: We're doing good. Not as good as you on the cusp of a no. I mean, granted, there's a long season to go, but seeing your name up at the top of the leaderboard for a million dollar grand prize, dude, that's gotta be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a strong feeling. You know. I've been doing fancy football since back in the days where it was in a newspaper, you know, me and a bunch of guys that get it wrong back in early two thousands, like even late nineties. But you know, you get a little better each year you do this. And I'm sure you can see by the amount of leagues I do that. Uh. I enter quite a bit of them, mainly because I win a lot of them. Uh So, you know, it's a nice source of income on the side.
Speaker 4: Dain is your last name French? By derivation, it is French.
Speaker 2: It is pronounced the fountain, but it is French.
Speaker 4: Well that put that back on I got.
Speaker 1: In honor of Steve Tonight.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: See when you are not having a French surname in winning all these FFPC leagues over the course of your career dating back to the to the nineties and the eighties when you started playing with the newspapers. What are you doing for a living right now? To supplant or supplement I should say.
Speaker 2: So, I've been in restaurants my whole life. I've been in an exec chef for the last twenty three years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I've been literally in restaurants as I was fourteen, So I'm heading into my thirty third year of running restaurants, been in management pretty much since I was seventeen, and you know that's just pretty much what brings everything home for the family.
Speaker 1: Can we promote any of the restaurants you're affiliated with tonight?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, I mean I actually run a private country club in Huntington Beach called the Huntington Club break in currently right now. But you know I used to work with some main name places like Mastros back in the day, and you know I was there for like six days and you know, you just just like Fantasy football. Every year you do it, you get a little better.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly exactly? Do you have a specialty as far as something maybe you like to eat or something that you think you're really good at cooking for other people?
Speaker 2: You know, still at a core, you know, I came from a pretty you know, poor family. Growing up. There wasn't a lot of money. My mom made a lot of stews and pastas, and you know, I still eat that way. That's my taste still to this day. I can cook everything I've done any cuisine. I definitely specialize in steakhouses and sushi. Those are definitely my top ends in Asian cuisine. But my tend s is for myself or not what I would cook for guests, you know, because it's for me. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect, I love it. I love it. Fantasy football portion in the interview starts now, Farrell go ahead with I was taking a trip to Buffalo.
Speaker 4: It's been pretty simple to head to Buffalo. Just give us some give us some chicken, leans and a little bit of James Cook. Now, I you know you don't. My first thing, my first thoughts when we got to this question was to say, well, James Cook has been wonderful. Twenty carries each game, since the Baltimore game. And in Baltimore when he didn't run the ball that well, he caught passes to back to back one hundred yard games versus the Jets in Miami. But Steve I thought, well, you know, you don't get to play the Jets in Miami every week. And I looked at his schedule. He's got the Saints coming, New England, the Falcons, and the Panthers. Did you know this schedule when you drafted James Cook? And how fantastic it must be and it's got to stay that way, don't you think?
Speaker 2: You know? I do look at a lot of the schedules a lot of players. I come up with a list of a couple people every year that I avoid because I'm like, I love them, but I do not love their matchups. I mean, and the worst part is you're in the championship and you're playing the three best defense at the end of the year. It kind of sucks and not look at that in advance. But James Cook, you know, I think it's more of an evolution with him. Let's first off, talk about good jeans. I mean, Dalvin Cook's his brother and he comes in and in my opinion. He runs better and he's got a sturdier build. You know, Dalvin Cook always had that lower waistline and kind of looks like he could tip him over. But you know, James Cooks runs hard. I think that it's been a three years in evolution on him. Of you know, he showed up at the end of two years ago and then last year had a great season, and I think now they're getting to the point like, hey, we got to let shosh Allen, you know, live. We need him to survive the next few years. He can't be taking all the runs. And then when you lose Stefan Diggs. Kind of they're playing ego lists wide receiver now, so you know, they're not really looking to call anyone's name. I think they're just constantly looking to get themselves at three and one, three and two, you know, third down and one, third down to two and why not run it with him one or two times? See what he can get you. And he's got big play breakability for a sixty years all the time.
Speaker 4: Well twenty plus carries back to back weeks. We probably won't see that all year, but you know, two hundred is the most that he had last year. But I love this player's situation moving forward. And you know, especially with all the injuries and lack of performance for other running back, James Cooks looks like a very wise choice. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: You know, I always thought you could. You brought up Dalvin Cook and and I'm a Florida State fan, and I always remember James Cook. He decommitted from Florida State and and and it always left the bad taste in my mouth. But as I was scouting this guy for Dynasty stuff, and when he was a rookie, I was kind of like, God, this guy looks like Dalvin Cook was fast, like football fast, not combine fast, because football fast like James Cook is so speedy. And I'll be honest with you, I thought that was his main calling card. But he has shown me a well rounded game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mister Newkark brings up something very important. He says it having the MVP as your quarterback, it helps. But he also the various motion that's going on and what those linebackers are doing for the opposition. All that movement back and forth has got to make it beautiful for a running back because there's guys moving around on defense and looking at a lot of different things when they played this team as well as that MVP quarterback and tucked the ball to take off. So yeah, it's a good situation. I think fantasy players were too much concerned about James Cook's contractual status. Yeah, through the early months or through the late months of.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest upside I saw last year they really sold me on him this year was how many times they actually started giving him doing in the red zone and stopped running Josh Allen this much. Yeah, so when I saw that, I'm like, you know, you knew he was going to get the sixty eighty yards. The question was inside the fight it was Josh Allen. So you know, he doesn't get any TDS, but he started getting some TVs last year. In fact, I think he was number two or something right like, he was pretty high in TDS. So, you know, I just looked at the up side of Hey, you know, plus cold weather ball at the end of the year. You know, I'm from Ohio. I grew up in that stuff. It's uh, you know, I'm in California now, but I grew up in Ohio. You know, you keep the ball in the safest hands when it's cold outside, and that's gonna be Josh Allen's and Cook and the end of the year. So figure it's got some end of year aspects to it too, you know.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too that I think, I mean, I wouldn't say it was one thing that prevented me from drafting a lot of James Cook, but another thing was the fact that he just wasn't on the field on third downs. Hi Johnson's He's once again mitigated that like this, this is a situation where he's he's it doesn't matter if he's on the field for third down. He's producing and that's all we care about.
Speaker 4: Five catches in the first game versus Baltimore, which was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to shift things not too far from Buffalo, but let's go further, a little bit further west here Steve to Detroit. I heard a lot of pundits over the course of the summer, and I perhaps bought into this a little bit as well, that the John Morton offense in Detroit was going to feature lot more downfield stuff. In fact, we're going to see the big time breakout season that we'd been waiting for from first former first round pick Jameson Williams for Detroit and that amana Saint Brown was going to take a step back. Also working against Saint Brown was this off season knee cleanup surgery that he had as well. And to me, it was like, God, do I really want to pay first or second round draft capital for Saint Brown or do I want to pay you know, sixth round or seventh round for Whiskey Bill and getting Jameson Williams on my team. And I definitely ended up with more Williams than Saint Brown. You did the opposite. You have much more Saint Brown than Williams, and it's been paying off for you so far, especially on your fourth place Big Gorilla team. Can you tell us a little bit about why you were not willing to necessarily buy into hype on Jameson Williams and you still were a believer in Saint Brown in twenty twenty five, a decision that's been proving very fruit fruitful for you so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, honestly, there is I'm gonna give a little bit of my trade secret away here on drafting, but I do a majority of my drafts well before preseason even starts, and I know it's a risk But the reason I do that is because I feel like the intel I have, by the time it gets to after preseason, everyone else is caught up to what I already kind of know going in the season by my gut. So I got him at even more of a discount than you'd imagine. I was getting him mid to late second round in a lot of leaks. So I'm a big person on analogies. I use them all day long to inspire my crews in my restaurants. But why in the world would I go pay a lot of money for a high end Corvette when I can go get a little bit slightly used Ferrari, you know what I mean? So like James Sen's the Corvette that he's gonna get you, He's go look pretty, he's gonna have those big, flashy games. But man, you know, Saint Brown has got amazing hands, great route running, He's always open, he catches almost everything thrown his way. He gets TD passes, they run him out of the backfield. I mean, you talk about a Ferrari, He touches the ball all the time. And let's I think people overreact on this. That was not Ben Johnson's team. That was Dan Campbell's team. Dan Campbell helped make Ben Johnson. That's pretty evident when you look at Chicago first three games and then Denver was a little not Denver Detroit was a little sleepy after week one, but they quickly woke up, didn't they, you know, and not a whole lot has changed really. That offense looked pretty good versus Foot Baltimore this past week. Right. You know, I have nothing against Wilton Williams. Is just if I'm gonna sit there and buy Williams in the fourth to sixth round or I'm gonna get I'm ran Saint Brown in late one or early two. Man, I'm gonna take the guy that I know is gonna get the passes. And Jamison missed so much time. I mean, you want to talk about injuries, Jamison Williams missed way more time than Saint Brown has.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you look at this situation. The beauty, the beautiful thing about it is you're not You're not limited to only one decort player.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that's another good point to bring up as well. Guys. I want to bring up a question from the chat before where we move forward here, and and it's from Corey Walters hanging out watching us on YouTube tonight and he wants to know. And I'm gonna throw this to you first, Steve, as far as getting your thoughts on this, what is going on with Sam Laporta right now? So if you look at Laporta's stats over the course of the first three weeks of the season, and I think we have to throw on the let's add some context on this, Like Detroit went absolutely crazy against Chicago and then against Baltimore. They put up a lot of numbers. So it's not like they're, you know, just scuffling along. They're doing numbers here. Obviously Week one was kind of the outlier against the Packers only scoring thirteen points, but fifty two against the Bears, I mean, thirty eight against the Ravens. This is an offense that's doing numbers. And if you look at Sam Laporta so far this season, thirteen catches over three games, He's got one hundred and thirty eight yards over three games, no touchdowns. Not the end of the world here, Steve, but can you give some hope for Laporta laporta owners going forward and what you think has been his biggest problem going forward? In the first three weeks of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that one's just kind of I think it's just bad timing. I think people living a little bit in the past of his rookie year. You know, let's let's look at it, and rookie year, there was no Jamar Gibbs. They didn't have Montgomery or he had just came in, Jamison Williams was still out. It was just Omran Saint Brown and Dan Campbell had just gotten there. They were starting to figure things out. They weren't really. I think it's more of a product of who do you want them to get the ball? Do you want Jamier Gibbs, do you want Saint Brown or do you want Williams? Or do you want to check it down to a tight end for five yards? I mean, you've got big play capability in Montgomery and all those guys. There's no need for him down in the red zone because they can run. Like, why do you want to check out for a five yard pass when you can run it for five yards with one of two great options? You don't You don't have to check it down to Laport's in my opinion anymore. And then you know the stuff we never know. Maybe the guy's just not the same as have his knee blown out, you know, I mean, maybe he just maybe they don't want to put him those positions. Maybe they're still being cautious. Maybe they want to turn him into game script like the way Kelsey is used in the end zone. Eventually later in the season. They don't watch to other hands early. I'm not saying he has no value, but you know you're gonna pay a high price to get him in the earlier rounds when you get someone in the twelfth and fourteenth round for the same value, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: And you're dealing with a quarterback that goes through his progressions and then does not, as you say, does not check down. He's he's looking for that fourth and fifth option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants that big play. And let's be honest, if you had to choose, are you gonna throw it to Laporta four yards down the field in coverage, or you're gonna throw it to Gibbs in the backfield with one man in coverage on him. I'm going to Gibbs because I'm pretty sure Gibbs gona probably break that.
Speaker 4: But I think at the end of the day, We're going to see Laporte a pay just about what he should pay, or give us just what he should give us for his draft capital, but not beyond that. Yeah, don't there's another side, and here's another tight end. I got to talk to you about draft Captain, and it's it's just this matchup with Baltimore and Kansas City this weekend is difficult for me to realize that one of these teams is going to walk out of this one in three And I still these are my one and two teams from the AFC to play in to play in the Super Bowl, And I still love watching these teams. But I like what.
Speaker 1: I like what.
Speaker 4: Lays in front of them, especially with Baltimore in this division. But let's look at Kansas City with the tight end situation, and that's Travis Kelcey. The team came alive a little bit in the second half of their last game against the Giants, and we all saw when Kelsey had a good game and was ready to score a touchdown, how the ball bounced off of him and became an interception. Do you think what we're seeing with Kelsey is in dick of what's going to be forthcoming, or do you think we're gonna get production that comes back into historical numbers for him, which would add up to ninety or one hundred catches.
Speaker 2: Now, you know. I look, I've loved Travis Kelsey. I love everything about him. He's an Ohio boy, just like me. He he plays hard, does everything hard. But you know he's been in the career, his career. You know, he's he's focused on getting married. He's it's the end of the road. They've already won multiple super Bowls, They've done everything. I'm not saying the love luster is there, but you know that he's gonna be gone in the net year or two. Mahomes is gonna keep going another five ten years. That team needs to figure out how to play without him, and I think that right now they're trying to figure that out a little bit. I think he's gonna still have some key games. I think when it comes to the playoffs, sports can always have those games where he just goes off. They will come intermitting. But I think that's where you're relying on him for eight to ten catch for eighty five yards and one or two touchdowns are over, you know, And it sucks because I think he has it, but I think there's mentally something going on, whether they'll admit it or not. But I mean that first pass around to him where on this last game where he like Mahomes literally missed him. They are not in sync the way they used to be. You know, they had a couple of connections in that game, but man, like that was eye opening. He I mean, he was five yards off where he was supposed to be. One of them was either Mahomes or Kelsey. But something's not just jiving the way it was. And maybe it's because the teams told Kelsey things we don't know, like, hey, you're not gonna see as much play. We need to see what this team looks like for two thousand and six and seven, twenty twenty six, and twenty seven. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this is Kelsey's last season.
Speaker 1: The other aspect that we had to bring up, like Corey Walters brings us up on YouTube right now with Noah Gray. Is he the next great tight end in Kansas City or you think they're gonna look elsewhere for the second half of Mahomes' career.
Speaker 2: There, Steve, what I saw in the last game, It looks to me like they're trying to see if he's got it, you know, like because the routes that Kelsey normally got they were going to Gray, you know, and it was kind of that rollout role. I mean, whenever you have that roll out to the right and then did you see the split image of the exact route running that Kelsey does, that one where he steps in and he steps out and he's kind of open and he has five yards of roll to his left. Did you notice Gray on like the next series did the exact same play route. Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't find that as coincidental. I think that's can you do what Kelsey does? So I think they're trying to see if he is, and if he can't, then yeah, they might be in the market for one, or they might just go into the field of bio one and draft one like everyone else seems to do.
Speaker 4: There's things I liked about Kelsey's foot moving and route running that I did see in the end of that Giants game. It's like he came alive. There's a whole lot of players that seem to be ghost walking and the Kansas City Chiefs right now, But I agree with you. It's you know, since we've got tras Kelsey this season, we're very glad we got him because he's a pleasure to watch play football. I don't think no great a step into those shoes, and I don't think many Tidians can.
Speaker 1: It'll it'll be tough. But the other thing too, is you won't have the pressure of Gray, won't have the pressure of having to be the guy. If you know Thornton keeps playing the way he does, and you know Rashie Rice comes back and Xavier Worthy keeps showing out like great can just kind of like be who he is and and that'll be plenty in that Kansas City offense. I want to focus it in on week four for this next question here. Steve and Mike Evans not expected to play this week for Tampa. Chris Godwin officially listed as questionable on the final injury report for the Bucks this week. If we look back to last year in those games that Evans and Godwin missed when they didn't have a mecha agbuka uh. And I'll admit that right away, Kate Oughton was really, really good. You think this is a Kate Otton week against Philly.
Speaker 2: You know, I would love to say yes, but you know, sometimes you got admit when you draft some things wrong. And I drafted him in a lot of leagues as a late pick, so did I before the season before McMillan's injury. I had Jaylen McMillan in a lot of leagues too. I think he's gonna see some volume, definitely because there's injury. But you know, they were already starting to get Tesz Johnson, which I think people forget how amazing he was in Oregon. And on top of that, you still got Sterling Shepherd, who is a veteran knows how to get open in the slot. I don't think it's going to turn into a Katatten game. I think what you might see is full throttle. What Canamiko umbucca? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Can the guy get fifteen catches for two hundred and twenty yards and two touchdowns? I think we might find out this week, you know. I think they're gonna just go at him. I think the kayd Otten will definitely see an uptick in some passes from what we've seen in the last few weeks. But man, I was expecting a lot more production after him in the first three weeks. But true transparency, I've already started dropping a few leagues because I just don't see it turning around. Because if he wasn't getting it early in the league, with God went out and and Buka being a rookie, I don't see how if Evans returns and God wins healthy and he got in Buka, I don't see where he sees any more than four or five targets a game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But to your point, yeah, anything could happen this week. He could have a blowout, but I'm not going to risk it on When I got people like Jake Ferguson in my tight end spot that I could put in there, you know, it was in a much better position.
Speaker 4: I I agree with you with that Buka becomes the new Pookah. I love that. I think they could be.
Speaker 1: What it happens, Yeah, well, that we could combine him and he'd be Pooka at Buka.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, fifteen targets that would be Pooka. Like about the talk to me about the Rams backfield coorm ate into a little bit of Card Williams activities this past week. I like Williams and he is He's one of the backs I'm counting, you know on this year, is kor gonna continue to eat away of his opportunities?
Speaker 2: You know, if you look at the snaps and the attempts, they are upticking each week one to five to eight.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Korm' is a strong back man. He's a Michigan product. Ego lists he shared the ball in the backfield then I think with Mullings when he was there, so I think of the two people he's okay with sharing the ball, Kyen Williams is still their belcal though. I mean, even though he's getting an uptick he had eighteen, seventeen and twenty. I think the biggest thing in fantasy value is the passes are still going to Kyrie, They're not going to Korm. I think that my worry of a shift is fantasy of Koram. Would if I started seeing passes going to Koram, I'd start worrying more about that time share factor. But right now, Kyrie's still got the passing backfield option, So if I see him lose some of that, then I would start saying, yeah, Korm's starting to work his way into the touch field.
Speaker 1: I have to ask in regards to the Raiders situation, and I don't want to make this into a Raiders show as much as Pharaoh would love that. Oh, I know you have Jacoby Myers. Do you have him on your fourth place team right now?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you do. I know you got him on a bunch of teams.
Speaker 2: You know, I probably do because he was always there in that seven eight round where I was like, man, like, this could be a number one receiver in the late rounds. And I like Gino, and I think Gino does Geno things sometimes, you know, but for the most part, he can complete it to a lead receiver. But I'd have to use my phone to pull it up. But I can't do it right now.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it, because you can answer this question without pulling it up. Trey Tucker put up forty plus points last week, as we all expected, so in regards to what we saw from a breakout of Talker, I'm of the belief that he has a significant week to week role on this team. How much do you think what he did in week three carries over? And I'll just put this out there right now. I think a Trey Tucker's best game of the year was this past week. I don't think he does anything better than that, but I do think he has these good games. How much do you think his role eats into the pro production of Jacoby Myers on this squad right now?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna hurt it that much, honestly, and true transparency. The way that the line is blocking for genty, they just might be going more passing. You know that's not on genty right now. Genty's look good in some moments when he does get the ball, but to your point earlier, he's getting hit behind the line a lot. But I mean, I think it's more of sometimes like people forget about game plans. Brock Bauers is hurt, they're not trying to hit him. I'm gonna say easily that I think Trey Tucker had nine targets on this game. Probably four of those targets he got were because Bowers wasn't getting them because they were trying to keep him safe. So I think he got four more targets and he probably ever will get. I mean, and Bower's got hurt in that second game, so he kind of got some more at the end of that game too. I think he's still is safe six to seven target. I think he might get you five receptions if he pops one off for a long distance, maybe eighty yards. But I still think your touchdown options in the red zone for the most part are gonna be in order. Jint if they can get the running going. Bowers obviously, and Jacobean. I mean, are you gonna take a five eight guy or you gotta take Jacoby bones Jacoby Myers in one on one? I mean, I'm taking the bigger guy one on one in the red zone. So I think the big play capability for Trey Harris just worked Trey. Sorry, Trey, Tucker worked out this week. He just had a good week. You know. I don't think it meets into it too much.
Speaker 4: Raiders in the red Zone. What a beautiful thought, sunny day, Steve. I feel very very strongly about what I'm gonna ask you, and I'm not going to share my opinion because I want to hear yours and then I'll talk about And it's a theme that I've beaten on the table about in this show, and so I think anyone that as foolish enough to pay attention to what I have to say already knows how I'm gonna answer this, But Zay Flowers when he came into the league and still today, I think he's one of the most exciting players in the league. I love the player. I love the guy. I once said he's the most who was the rookie the most reminded me of Tyreek Hill and that we've had since he's coming to the league, he's still the rookie that reminds me, or still the newest player in the league that reminds me of Tyreek Hill. What we saw in weeks one and two, it's fantastic. What we saw in week three, it's a disappointment. What do you see for Zay Flowers when moving forward?
Speaker 2: You know, I still think he's gonna be a top producer. I don't. I think that the last game was the fluke. I think weeks one and two is what you're really gonna see. Let's be honest. Mark Andrews hasn't done squat in two years, and then he had the best game I've seen him having forever. That sounds more like gamescript to me. Like Detroit, you know, wasn't looking out for him, and they knew they weren't going to be looked for him. So they went to them all day long, and you never know, it could have been game script on Detroit side that they were gonna take aways a and Baltimore was like, I'm not going to force it to him, you know, So they went away from him that game. I mean, I mean, I don't even think he had what one or two targets in the first half period, Like, I mean, it wasn't it wasn't even like they were looking his way. That just seems to me more of like game script. I don't I don't think there's anything to worry about. Zay too electric, you know, And honestly, I love Henry. Look, man, King Henry is the great, but man, he has fumbled in two crucial areas back to back. I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking a couple carries away and throw a little more for a couple of weeks, just some punishment, you know. Or then again, they could just beat him the rock trying to get him out of his head. You could go either way.
Speaker 4: But you know, he's been a victim of guys coming in and getting perfect punches on those balls, which is highly unusual. And I don't know if any way that he could change carrying that ball. But it's been some perfect defensive plays against him. But let me, okay, let me get back to Flowers. Give me some numbers. When you say productivity, he's going to be there. What are his numbers catches and touchdowns this year? His first thing that pops in your mind.
Speaker 2: I'd say anywhere between eighty five ninety five receptions, eleven hundred yards, ten twelve touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've had him at seventy five to eighty and maybe six touchdowns, looking more like he did last year. And when you roll back to last year week three three for twenty, week four two for twenty one, Week seven one for eleven, Week eleven two for thirty nine. Is the inconsistency in the variance of this player. I think plays into the hands of quarterback who can extend the play and give opportunities for many, many receivers to get open downfield. What you just said about Tucker and Myers, one of the things that you see there is the big body to Andrews. You see Bateman who, despite some of his other skills set Bateman does a great job settling both in the middle of the field and on the sidelines he gets a solid target and he stays there for Lamar. I just, I just this is this is a player that I really love that I think is overdrafted every year. And Bulky, I don't know if you can get that Darren Rmanni drip and tell us where he ended up going. But you know, he was so far out of my price point and I never could draft him this year, and I'm kind of glad that I don't have to make the decisions to put him in a line up.
Speaker 1: I will I will get that information for you shortly here, Phrol, but I do want to well, I look that up. I'm gonna ask an email from Kevin and Adrian Michigan who he miled in to ask you a question, Steve, and he wants to know whether Jalen Waddle is a strong start this week against the Jets. And I appreciate the email.
Speaker 4: Kevin.
Speaker 1: You look at Waddle, who I thought was gonna be a huge part of the game plan on Thursday night, and he really wasn't. He got that touchdown laid against the Bills. This is a game where it should not be as lopsided. You would think that the ground game would be more involved your thoughts on Waddle. I mean, obviously, Steve, I know what kind of depends on what the rest of your team looks like. Yeah, in a vacuum, Jalen Waddle as a second flex or maybe even a first flex in an FFPC league. How'd you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't be optimistic about it. I mean, look, things are definitely going south in Miami. I mean, and I let's just say it for what it is. I like McDaniels, but seems to right now look like he's a one trick pony that he came in with a bunch of quick, tricky plays with a lot of speed. The rest of the league caught up to him the last two years, and he hasn't figured out how to adjust. So teams come with specific packages for that speed. I will say, the one person I think the benefits when they have those packages is Waddle. Because you're planning for Tyreek, you're planning for a chain Waddle. To me, I feel better about starting him when everyone else is a little nicked up, you know what I mean? Like there's a question mark on hill, there's a question mark on a chain. Yeah, I want to start me some Wattle because I feel like he's gonna get the ball. But man, right now, I'm really glad that I did not draft many Miami players because I the only one I was I wanted was honestly a chain. And I think I had Hill in like one or two leagues just because of where I got him. But man, I mean that offense just looks dysfunctional right now. It looked a little better this past week, but I'm not loving that situation. Period. If I can put him on my bench and I got someone better to start than I am, I'm hoping in that league I Draftednia's from the Bears rather than him, and I am putting him in that flex rather than you know, Wattle.
Speaker 1: One one final email for you here tonight and Steve. It comes from Larry in Bensonville, Illinois. What's your level of concern Steve on the Texans pass catchers given their poor offensive line so far this season? That is Larry in Bensonville, Illinois. Thank you Larry for that email. And I'll expand this a little bit, Steve, and we can include Nick Chubb and we can include what he marks that offensive line. We knew that they're losing larry My Tunsul to the Commanders in the offseason, and it's been bad so far. But I don't know, like I feel like when we drafted these Texans based on knowing the offensive line was not going to be great, and certainly it has not been great so far. It's been bad, And I don't know if that really affects what I think about these players, because quite frankly, I haven't changed my opinion on many of these guys because I believe this was gonna be the situation we'd find ourselves in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't figure it out. I mean, true transparency. I didn't have a good feeling about that offense, so I didn't grab them in any league. The only player grab was chubbed super super late because Mixing had the flag on him. They have the injury and look, Nick Chubb before he got his knee blown out was a stud. But man, I mean, you talk about the digression of Stroud the last two years, he has not looked the same. I mean, Nico Collins is almost valueless. If it wasn't for that long pass at the end of the game in the last one I mean, he's not getting anything. I don't. I don't think it has any factor to do with Tank Delbian out at all. I don't think it's because they don't have the speed option. I feel like the play calling is just dismal right now, like they can't figure it out. I don't know why they can't figure it out, but I I mean i'd stay away from I do. I do a lot of like FanDuel and DraftKings. I haven't started a Texan guy yet, you know, not once, and that is because there's no way I'm gonna put money on them, so, you know, transparency, I stay away from him. It sucks too, because there's a lot of talent there. I mean, let's be honest. Nico Collins is straight great, you know, I mean product out of Michigan, great hands. When Tank Gell was going, you know, Stroud out of Ohio State, they all look like all the perfect makings that first year, right, but man, they didn't look too great last year and they look even worse this year. So who knows? Was it the first year Stroud just was figguring the league out so quick and they've adjusted. I don't know, but I would definitely be afraid to play him anyone in the Texans.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you might have leaned into a little bit to what I wanted to ask you about, because you know, I made the gutsy move of announcing that everyone should should bench Pittman in week two, my favorite wide receiver, and I'd said he would put up twelve. He put up eight. Then last week he got back to twenty. Bulkyd you see how I got that in there smooth? But in this in this week four, you talked about a couple guys. See if you can give us one more that should be set on the pines, a guy that typically would be played based on draft capital, and then give us a guy, give us this week's Trey Tucker. Give us a guy that should get an opportunity to play and be put in rosters. I've been working with my lineup, so I think I have a couple that would not be the Chalky pick. So give us one that's the not chalky pick, and it make you look really smart.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely, the guy I wouldn't start is Jamar Chase. I mean that offense looks awful without Burrows, and that hurts me because I drafted burrows in half my leagues, and luckily I had a good backup in a lot of them. But I mean, you want to talk about dysfunctional last week, I don't see it getting any better playing in Denver, you know what I mean. I just jamar Chase. He may get six or seven receptions, he might be for thirteen yards, Like, just don't see. So I would definitely not. I know it's crazy to bench your number one starter, your number one pick, but I'm not starting Chase if I don't have to either. Yeah, but the guy that I like, you know you kind of already mentioned them a little bit earlier. From what I saw in that game, I think Casey is starting to try to figure out who else they got. And I think on those two plays back to back with uh, you know Tae with Taekwan Thornton, man like that was electric on those two plays, to the point where he didn't catch the one, They're like, let's do it again, and then he brings it down. You know, I mean they might throw this ball up deep to him four or five times. It's going to be everyone else has been able to throw all over Baltimore, why not case And I think they're gonna see what they can get away with it.
Speaker 1: This is one final question, Steve. I know I said we're done, but I want to throw this out there because it's getting some discussion in the chat right now on YouTube Racy Xavier Worthy this week, who is at home against the Ravens or Jordan Addison, who is making his season debut across the pond in Ireland Sunday morning against the Steelers. Who would you rather play between those two?
Speaker 2: Addison's completely healthy right.
Speaker 1: As far as we know, he's not on the injury re board at all.
Speaker 2: They're playing pits. They're playing the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Right in Dublin.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that one A man. I feel like I feel like they're figuring things out. I think it was way too early to crown McCarthy. In my personal opinion, I think they were stupid. They should have kept Arnold. They really should have. They should have kept him and let McCarthy grow underneath him. He already missed a year for injury. Again. I love McCarthy. He's a great Michigan product. He's a great kid, but he needs some time to learn. I see him more of like an Aaron Rodgers needs two three years kind of see how it is and he's gonna pick it up be really good. That said Wentz, I feel like he's probably already picked that offense up. We have yet to see a big game out of Jefferson, and I feel like it's coming and this might be the that Jefferson blows up for eleven receptions, one hundred and twenty five yards and a TV or two. That being said, I don't think Addison just goes ripping. But on the other side, everybody looked better than Worthy in my opinion, in the last case game. You know, they're throwing it to Juju Smith, they're throwing it to Kelsey, They're throwing it to Gray, they're throwing it to Tyreek Thorton. I mean, it looks to me like they've already given You know, Xavier Worthy is shot in the first week or two and he didn't really capitalize because of the injury. He was out right. You know, they were going with Hollywood Brown. A shoulder surgery. I've had three of them. I've had three shoulder surgeries in my life. Separated shoulder is not a small thing when you jam or anything like that, or it hurts. I don't think they're going to be passing to them, He'll be more probably a decoy. So I'd say, despite liking Jefferson to have a big game, I like Jordan Edison.
Speaker 1: Normally, I would say Worthy in this sense. And the reason I'm not going to is not only is perm our points, so not only is Worthy going to be playing or expected to be playing with a harness on Sunday afternoon. There was reporting earlier this week that he was expected to play but be a decoy, and I haven't seen reporting done since then on that. But I haven't seen anything to refute that either, Whereas I think Addison could come in and make some waves right away. So it's close. I mean, I think both of these guys are flexible this week, Ferrell, I lean towards Addison as well. Do you make it a triple score on this Overworthy.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to fight the genius that I'm here with, and I agree with you, and I happened to like Carson Wins, so they've installed him in Las Vegas as a thirty thirty or thirty one pass attempts. If he throws the ball that much, there's gonna be plenty for Addison.
Speaker 1: We may have lost. Steve, I'm not sure what happened there, and I doe with this.
Speaker 4: He was contracted until eleventh am.
Speaker 1: And and he's like, look, I'm out, which could be the case. If he pops back in, we'll definitely bring him on. But in the interest of uh, we're already over time here for well, yeah, he might have Irish goodbye in honor of the Dublin game as well. That's a non zero chance of that, Farrell. Kf FFC dot com is where to check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship. I want to thank you for all your contributions tonight, UH and going forward, we will be live again UH this coming Friday night at ten pm Eastern Time when we usher in the bye weeks, and I know we'll have a bunch of new questions from all the viewers that night on some tough start and sit and quite frankly player acquisition questions as well. Be good, enjoy your weekend and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 4: See you book.
Speaker 1: That is Farrell Elliott, Ladies and gentlemen, and this has been the high stakes Fantasy Football Hour. I want to thank Steve Lafontain, the f f PC, Farrell, Rob Bryce, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back at ten pm next Friday night. Do I have a guest for that yet? I'm looking that up right now just to make sure. Yes we do, and it is the fifth place Big Gorilla team owner. Heading into week four, mister Jason Coe will be our guest next Friday night. Breaking news. I'm just finding this out myself right now, so he'll be joining us at ten pm next Friday. In case you missed the Road of his high Stakes load On, this past Tuesday, had a fun little conversation which you can always check out ten pm Eastern Time each and every Tuesday night had the fourth place team in the FFPC main event. Mike Edelman rejoined me on that show. Check it out on the FFPC Socials in case you missed it. It's also available anywhere you get podcasts as well. This coming week, on the Road of his high Stakes load On, we have the seven time FFPC champ Ted Rochus making his return to the program. That's going to be a lot of fun. Ten pm on Tuesday night. Last night, the Better Sports Network was live with the FFPC insert our access show. It was myself and Jack Miller from Established the Run for two full hours of fun. That was a lot of a lot of fun, great time, and we'll be having a lot of fun for two hours next Thursday at seven pm Eastern Time with one of my favorite guests, ch Heterms from Optimus Fantasy. Can't wait to talk to that dude again, and that will be at seven o'clock on Thursday. FFPC Weekly Challenges Live, no draft, no salary cap, just pick ten players or twelve players if you want to start. Kickers and defense as well, went up to twenty five hundred dollars, ten thirty and one hundred team contests. Only one player per NFL team. If you want Addison, you can't have Carson Wentz. If you want Xavier Worthy, you cannot have Isaiah Pacheco. My FFPC dot com is where to go for that. For Steve Lafontain, for Farrell Elliott, I'm Eric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Footballer. Remember like, subscribe, comment on this video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the hot Stakes Fatasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Can one final piece, And I know I've mentioned this a couple of times on the show, but I want to give this as a final reminder. Steelers and Vikings will kick off at nine thirty am Eastern Time on Sunday. Set your lineups on Saturday night or very early Sunday morning, so you make sure you have those Steelers and Vikings started or maybe more importantly benched on the leagues. You don't want to have those players going and for that ten am Eastern Time waiver wire Steelers and Vikings will not be available for that, so make sure that you are not counting out acquiring a kicker at defense or anybody else from those two teams. And have fun in week four quadruple header on Sunday with Steelers Vikings kicking it off. Then you get the one o'clock window, the four o'clock window, and of course, Sunday night football with the Parsons Bowl in Dallas, Texas with the Packers and Cowboys. Very excited for that. Thanks so much for watching, streaming, listing. Everybody be good and we will talk with you again next Friday.