Speaker 1: Uh, Sid and Friends in the morning entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, said Hi, Oh.
Speaker 3: God, don't be sorry. You kidding me.
Speaker 4: I'm wrapped up in these meetings on peace. And I said, it's between piece and Sid Rosenberg. And I said, let's let's say Rosenberg. Okay.
Speaker 5: The guy that has to shoulder the majority of the blame for the collapse in the fourth quarter is a New York Mets owner.
Speaker 6: Steve Cohen.
Speaker 5: Get your own lucky ass out of my building. Steve Cohen, you've lost eleven consecutive games with the New York Mets.
Speaker 6: We don't want your bed ju ju in our building.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rule, he has to wear a Mets head everywhere. I know who he is. Meanwhile, he's the most hated guy in your Just just listen.
Speaker 6: Say you're rich, but why do you have to win?
Speaker 5: I remind you that I'm a billionaire, that you lost eleven consecutive games. You do, Chuck, We'll get out of my building. All you do is bring bad luck everywhere you go. From a sports perspective, maybe you should bring the mayor here to hog Jalen Brunson before Game five, you knucklehead.
Speaker 8: Breaking news involving the US and Iran, and major questions now about what's happened to this second round of talks. Vice President JD Vance had been ready to leave Washington today for Pakistani hasn't left Iran, refusing to commit. President Trump, after making multiple threats, now says he will extend the ceasefire. All of this comes amid dramatic new images showing US troops boarding a tanker believed to be linked to Iran. US helicopters dropping troops onto the deck of the ship. This is the second ship seized by the US Navy in a matter of days. Iran demanding that the US lift its blockade of Iranian ports, and the new poll just in on the war in Iran, just twenty six percent of Americans say it's been worth the cost.
Speaker 3: Harry Broots leading us off.
Speaker 9: Twenty four hours after President Trump said it was quote highly unlikely he would extend the ceasefire with Iran, he is doing just that, calling the Iranian leadership curiously fractured, Trump announcing he will extend the ceasefire until such time as their proposal is submitted and discussions are concluded one way or the other, the President did not provide a concrete timeline for how long the new ceasefire would last. Trump's reversal comes after Iran refused to resume negotiations until the US ends its blockade of Iranian ports. The US military has turned away twenty eight ships from Iran and seized an Iranian cargo ship, opening fire on the vessel, marines repelling down to the deck. Overnight, American troops filing onto helicopters and flying out to board an oil tanker believed to be part of Iran's dark fleet of illicit shipping vessels. Iran's foreign minister calling the blockade an act of war and thus a violation of the ceasefire, adding Iran knows how to resist bullying. The White House has been eager to jumpstart negotiations. Vice President JD. Vance was preparing to fly to Islamabad, Trump sounding confident Iran would send its own negotiators.
Speaker 7: They'll be sending them. They have no choice but to send them.
Speaker 9: Even threatening to resume attacks if there was not real headway on a deal.
Speaker 3: Well, I expect to be bombing, because I think that's a better attitude to go in with.
Speaker 4: But we're ready to go.
Speaker 7: I mean, the military is rare in the going.
Speaker 9: But Iran refused to budge, insisting Trump lift the naval blockade, saying only then will the next round of negotiations be held. The President still not ready to do that, saying he has directed our military to continue the blockade and in all other respects remain ready and able here at home. The war deeply unpopular. A new Reuter's IPSOS poll shows just twenty six percent of Americans say US military action in Iran has been worth its costs, and a record sixty two percent disapprove of the job President Trump is doing. David Vice President Advance was ready to fly to Islamabad for negotiation, but he remains here in Washington. There are no talks on the books, and after threatening for days to resume attacks on Iran, President Trump has now extended the ceasefire with no end in sight.
Speaker 10: Right smiles racis Ron.
Speaker 11: Every day the NYPD detectives and cops across the city and state are being harassed, followed filmed dots targeted by social media agitators. Look at you go viral and it's putting lives at risk. Mayam adon you have the luxury of not dealing with these dangerous agitators. You've got a wall of blue around me, twenty four seven detectors protecting you, creating the very buffer zone we're fighting for to protect our protectives.
Speaker 12: Those safe detectors are out on the street with canvas.
Speaker 13: Subd in their faces, being followed, interfeered with, harassed while trying to protect New Yorkers.
Speaker 12: Mister mayor your New Yorkers.
Speaker 13: That's the reality on the ground every single day, and it needs to end. This isn't about politics, it's about safety.
Speaker 12: It's not about the far left, it's not about the right.
Speaker 11: You've stood with other unions, the dorman, the nurses. Now we're asking you to stand with us, the men and women that wear the uniform. We brought this to your doorsteps. We made it easy for you. Stay out with the New York State Public Safety Alliance on April twenty third, help us pass the legislation to stop harassment and create a real buffer zone for the hard working men and women who keep you in New York's city safe, that keep New York State safe, Because if you don't protect.
Speaker 12: The cops, you won't have cops, and safety will disappear. Enough is enough, it's time to leave.
Speaker 14: And you are now being blamed for the mets eleven game losing streak, claiming that you put a curse on them when you hug mister Menott. So I wonder how you feel about being blamed for the Mets failure to perform, and also if the's anything you can do to relieve the curse that has now been put on understandings.
Speaker 15: I'll first say that there's a lot of baseball left to be played and I am still keeping the faith as I know that many Mets fans are across the city. Though I will accept being being addressed as Mayor Membino for the day.
Speaker 16: The New York Mets have lost eleven straight games since Mayor man Danny hugged the team's mascot, Mister and Missus met you, Brian, I believe are a lifelong Mets fan. Yes, So do you blame Mendanny for the losing streak?
Speaker 17: Yes, absolutely, He's it's definitely. I mean, you're talking about a team that got off to a decent start and then he shows up and it turns out that mister Mett who blew off the WABC sid Rosenberg literally went up to and mister Mett walked away from him, and mister Mett next thing you know, he's hugging the mayor and the mayor. Since that time, the Mets have lost eleven in a row overall, ten in a row since the hug. How else do you explain it? I mean, do you fire the manager, or do you fire mister and missus Matt or do you just make sure this mayor is a one term mayor. It just brings bad karma to a team that's coming off one of the biggest collapses in history last year. So that's I'm telling you. I can't prove it, but I think it has all to do with the hug. Plus, mister Mett has no name, and we've just accepted that.
Speaker 16: Just to expand on this hug, I'm not quite sure I understand it. The mascot would snubbed who's the owner of fine work from the Mets?
Speaker 6: Steve Cohen No, no, no, no, no, no, Steve Conbs the owner of the Mets.
Speaker 17: But Sid Rosenberg is the number one personality in New York City, And he went to say hello to mister Met and he walked away from him, mainly because he believes that mister Mett, through those eyes and through that mascot said, saw that Sid is very anti mayor.
Speaker 6: And they have a.
Speaker 17: Shortstop who has a wife that worked.
Speaker 6: For the mayor.
Speaker 17: And people are wondering if there's a somewhat of a divide in the met locker room between conservatives who's many of which got traded off the team and liberals or pro Mondami like the shortstop who's on their team.
Speaker 6: So has politics. Along with mister and missus, Mett.
Speaker 17: Helped to take down this once proud franchise once two coming.
Speaker 18: And tell her foul terms it for strike three and the Mets Winsley streak has reached and even does it for the first time since two thousand and two. The beleaguer Twins bullpen goes twelve up and twelve down and the Twins from three runs down to beat the Mets five to three.
Speaker 3: Really is the same old situation, you know, you can really make that case, same old situation here on this Wednesday morning for everything in that open You have no idea little Pino what a genius you are, but you can make the argument it's the same old situation for everything in that open. Right, let's start with Scott Monroe. You heard from Scott Monroe. Happens to be the president of the DEEA Detectives Endowment Association. Right, he was on this show just last week. He along with Donna Lisi from the Retired Detectives, just honored me and Boddel and Paul Morrow at Russo's on the Bay and Howard Beach a couple of weeks ago. And he's furious. He says, listen, the mayor actual he made sure that cat Uh, what do you call that when like construction workers start whistling up beautiful women cat calls? Yeah, you can't do that in the city anymore. You can't do it. But but you can call a cop or detective walking by a dirty pig and no one's going to say a word about it. So Monroe was like, hold on a second here, what about harassing our detectives? What about harassing our cops? And he keeps begging and pleading this anti cop mayor to you know, write up some legislation, do something. If you're going to eliminate cat calls in New York City, how about eliminating harassing police. Good luck Scottie, I love you like a brother. You're great. But with this mayor, good luck with that one. He said, Look, the mayor was out there for the nurses, but she was the mayor was out there for the doorman, which he was. He's not gonna be out there for the cops. So there's going to be a rally coming up tomorrow on the steps of City Hall, a rally for pro cops, pro detectives, pro dea. I think it starts at two thirty.
Speaker 6: Do you know No, I have it here somewhere. I can find it for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just get the exact time. But it will be at City Hall tomorrow. So that is the same old, same old, right, you expect that Mamdanie will do nothing to help and or protect our cops, same old situation.
Speaker 6: It's twelve thirty on the city hostel.
Speaker 3: Twelve thirty. Thank you. Now we move to Iran and once again President Trump extends the ceasefire. Now I love President Trump. We'll beautiful with this so many times. Okay, I love him. I support him on just about everything. He does just about everything. And I've been pro Iran war from the start. But if I'm gonna be honest with my audience, and I always am. This one, like I said yesterday, is starting to get to the Nancy Guthrie stage. You remember how we couldn't stop watching all the coverage of Nancy Guthrie. I spent one weekend. I swear to god, I think I watched Fox News for about seventy two straight hours. I'm not exaggerating seventy two straight hours. I didn't sleep because I was so captivated by the Nancy Guthrie disappearance. Then they party like animals for Independence Day. So yesterday was Memorial Day, but today is Independence Day. Started last night. I don't forget. It's already one point thirty in the afternoon in Israel, so they've been partying for quite some time. So I see a tweet this morning, and for some reason, this one really annoyed me. I don't know why. But the tweet gnom Laden comes complement of Eric Adams, the former mayor, and here's what he says, wishing all my fellow New Yorkers celebrating JOm Hatzman out a very happy Independence Day. He actually wrote Jolm Hotzmaut. Then you know that Eric Adams didn't write that. He can he can barely spell independence day, let alone JOm hotzmeort. What do you think, Norman? You think he wrote that he may have had help with that, you think so? Yeah, he goes. New York is home to the largest Jewish population outside of Israel, and the bond between our city and the people of Israel is deep, enduring and personal. It lives in our neighborhoods, our families, our culture, and our shared values. Today he's a celebration of resilience, of history, and of the unbreakable spirit of a people who built a nation against all odds. And here in New York that story is felt every single day. You're what it is about. And pohammas rallies which you allowed to go on, didn't try to stop them? How many times did I pepper Eric Adams on this show we were still talking back then about having these rallies, and he said, shit, we believe in the First Amendment in this city? How many times I said First Amendment? They carrying signs that glorify October the seventh. How was that a first Amendment?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 3: Hey? First Amendment? Remember all that I do.
Speaker 19: But let me ask you this question, is seeing what you got Now, would you rather have him as your maid?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no question I'd rather have him. But you know, the the the pandering, there's negative pandering, which you know white Jews do and Democrats do you know? And this is this is negative pandering too. I mean, Joam Hants may ought Eric Adams.
Speaker 6: You know what he did. I don't know this for.
Speaker 3: Did he get a job with someone is really or something?
Speaker 19: I think he copied pasted probably last year's message there and then he just put it in the tree.
Speaker 3: But he's not the mayor anymore. And I understand. Look, you want to show up at this early day parade. Great, there's something like in Scoresdale last night there was an anti Semitic issue. You want to post about that? Great as the former mayor and somebody that for some reason the Jewish people sucked up to you remember that I kept telling him stop it. They didn't listen to me. They finally came to their senses. But to actually post about Joam Hatzman aught, who's he kidding? Come on, I'd be like me posting Saint Joseph's Day or you know, one of these Christian holidays that Jewis don't know about like we know about Christmas, you know about Easter, we know about Good Friday, but we're not out there talking about all the Christian holidays. And I just found Eric adams tweet. I know he's trying to be nice and tries to convince everybody every day that he loves the Jews, but I'll say it again, for about eighteen months, he was nowhere to be found, nowhere during the most difficult and scary time in this city. During the most difficult and scary time in this city, you couldn't find the mayor, couldn't find him. And then when all the heat kind of stopped and we were pasted all the big threats and big rallies, he started popping up. Remember there he was at the Israeli Independence State parade and making speeches. So I don't want to kill the guy because his heart, I guess is in the right place, where his mind is in the right place. I guess he's still trying to go on the votes for something. It just didn't make sense to me that Eric Adams would be talking about Joam Hotsman. Oh yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, don't you think, I think so. Yeah, Okay, so I'm not crazy. What else is going on in the city that's happening today.
Speaker 19: Uh, let's see what's going on in the city. Not a whole lot of big local stories to tell you about. I mean, there was this near miss, and we've been seeing a lot of these lately at Kennedy on Monday. We just found out about it late yesterday. These two planes came within four hundred feet of each other as they were landing at JFK on Monday afternoon. I mean, that's awfully close. And we you know, the radio call is pretty good. I mean, they're not frantic, but they had one plane had to roughly drop about six hundred feet mere seconds, while another plane had to shoot up nearly a thousand feet to avoid each other as they were landing. So that could have been a disaster.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 19: And then nationally you had a cash Patel again holding a press conference yesterday to say that he's not an alcoholic.
Speaker 3: Hey, you made this. This is where he made a big mistake. Even the Box news people were saying the same thing. No press conferences, no lawsuits. He never should have sued the Atlantic. Just come out make a statement, you know, all they do now these liberal channels ms now for example, that garbage. All they did yesterday was talk about Cash Patel and the problem for care Sho. I like a lot right, great Republican runs the FBI. A lot of people think he's in over his head. I know former FBI guys. I think it's a joke that he runs out agency. That's fine, that's all fine. But when you sue the athletic, now you've given the athletic and the liberals the power to go after you. And the truth is there are some videos and instances that are not great for Cash Pateel. They're not I'm not even talking about drinking with the Olympic hockey team when we won the goal. That's the least of it. So when you file a lawsuit now they're saying, oh, really, take a look at this, take a look at that. So Cash Pattel literally has allowed these people to shine the spotlight on his personal life and we're gonna be honest, whether you like Cash or not. Not a great idea, so silly, make a statement and move on press conferences. Lawsuit All that does. All that does is get more ammunition to the other side for them to find out more about you, which they do, and you look worse.
Speaker 19: That makes sense, Yeah, they look they have a lot of sources, they claim to The Atlantic, they say, we have, you know, go ahead sue us. You're not gonna win. He's you know, suing them for defamation. They say, okay, well you're not gonna win this case.
Speaker 6: Go for it.
Speaker 19: They're not backing down from the story that they have that he's been drunk on the job.
Speaker 3: Is that what that's saying. Yeah, yeah, the daytime like.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, you know, I'm sure these are probably people that are insiders that have worked for the FBI forever, that hated him from the moment he showed up, say he never should have had the gig. But if it's legit and it's true story and none of that looks pretty right anything else, and then I mean, this is just a tragic story, but just an awful story out of the Bronx. Yesterday, this woman, seventy two year old, She's sitting on a bench, you know, it's beautiful afternoon yesterday, like high fifties, just sunning herself. All of a sudden, car jumps the curb and runs her over.
Speaker 6: She was killed. Seventeen year old died on the spot.
Speaker 3: And now there's similar to the Ava Conklin story Lewis and one, but of course Ava was only nineteen years old. They've actually renamed that street one hundred and eighth Street in Rockaway. Ava Conklin, Bulevard bother Matt wonderful guy or aunt Colleen. But same story, much younger, but tragic nevertheless for the older lady. But she was sitting at a bus stop and some young kid lost control of his car, jumped the curb and killed him.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well that was the when that case. Was the person drunk behind the wheel? No remember, no, just so okay, it was just reckless. This one they think they had the guy had a medical episode.
Speaker 6: Behind the wheel and that's my boss control of the car. Yeah.
Speaker 19: And then one more the L Double R. The engineers and trainmen, this would be a big deal. LA Double R is the largest commuter train line in the country. That's how many thousands of people rely on on every day. And now they are saying, as of yesterday, the engineers and trainmen they're ready to walk off the job.
Speaker 6: They're working on this new deal.
Speaker 19: And they say the MTA has not spoken with them, and so yesterday they were speaking out saying, hey, this is gonna happen.
Speaker 6: It's just a couple of weeks away the strike deadlines.
Speaker 19: We'll see if that actually happens or if it's just a ployee to get the MTA to the bargaining table.
Speaker 6: But they're asking. One of the things they want.
Speaker 19: They want to grant engineers extra pay when they operate more than one type of train. So if they switch between a diesel and electric train during the same shift, they want extra pay for that, and the MTA says, no, that's bogus, that's part of your job. They also want more money, So we'll see is that part of their job? What if you switch from one train or the other. Yeah, but they say they should get extra pay for that, and the MTA says, no, that's just that's you know, when you're on job.
Speaker 6: You're on the job.
Speaker 3: Oh, I may as well ask I what extra pay for everything? Yeah? What American doesn't right? Pay us extra? All right?
Speaker 19: One more, Actually, this is an interesting one out of Long Island Stonybrook researchers yesterday holding this US conference all of a sudden to say that there is flesh eating bacteria and a bunch of bodies of water across Long Island, and they say that the locals are not responding quick enough to This has something to do with the nitrogen runoff that's entering Long Island's waterways, and so they're warning people who are compromised health wise to maybe stay out of the water for the summer because they're worried they could be killed within at period of time by this flesh eating bacteria.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the water in New York, between flesh eating bacteria and the shark issue the last couple of years between Long Island and Rockaway, you literally are taking your life into your own hands jumping in the ocean. This summer, you got to go to the Jersey Shore. I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean last summer there were numerous times where they told people not to go in the water. The health department will issue these warnings, and so this group out of Stony Brook is saying, hey, if they issue the warning, even if they don't issue a warning, some people should stay out of the water all summer long.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to talk to the two time Nassau County Executive, and of course, our enthusiastic choice to be the next governor here in New York. Our dear friend Bruce Plateman is stopping by today. He'll be here in the nine o'clock hour, and we'll ask Bruce about the water. Is Nashaale County? Right, it's mostly Suffocounty mostly something? Okay, So that's ed Romyin's job. Yeah, maybe we'll get ed Romain on. I don't know. All right, We've got a big show coming up. You heard me mention Bruce Blakeman, which Lowry He's gonna stop by today, the editor of the National Review. He's also on Brian Kilmead's radio show and Box News this morning. So a big media day coming up for Rich Lowry, who joins us every Wednesday. Also every Wednesday we talk to the former great Congressman great everything really think about it at Homeland Security, all the money he's helped raise for nine to eleven victims families over the years. Our dear friend Peter King, he's gonna be here, and a big one boats, a big one. A lot of you listening right now. Loved his father and certainly me and lou the Great Lulfino have a long history with his father. That would be don Imus his son Wyatt I miss now, believe it or not, twenty seven years old? Why and I miss first ever appearance on SID and Friends in the morning that's coming up at eight thirty. You gotta love it. All these people online arelike and like, these are message boards they go and why is Shid bringing on Wyatt? All SID does is bashemss. Guys, that is not even close to being true time and time again, which is annoyed Lou and Bernard. Over the years on this show, I've actually said that no one has influenced me more in my career than I miss time and time again. You've even said, Noah, that you listen every couple of mornings every week and go, oh my god, you sound like I miss. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It sends like a chill down my spine, Jail.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it does to Lou too. But the idea that all I do is basham is one thousand percent wrong. That's inaccurate, totally inaccurate. That's what but hated his guts. I never did. Have I been critical? Sure, Sure I had a lot of bad moments with Don, a lot of bad moments a lot, But but I would say over the last couple of years, especially since he died. I have been positive more than negative about the eye. Man. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think that's accurate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it doesn't matter. See, it doesn't matter whether you're accurate. Like this putts on the New York message board, which nobody reads, I know, but I do read it, This dentist Alan snipping, He goes, you know, Sid, he should really be nicer to I Miss, because he would not be back in New York if not primus. Now, how many times have I told this story that I God rest his soul? I Miss did not want me back in New York, Alan snipping, You dumb bastard. Stop lying on that board and writing that it's not true. I Miss wanted Mike Lupica. So did a lot of other people. Craig Swab wanted Mike Lupica. Mike McVeigh wanted Mike Lupica. Dave Milner wanted Mike Lupica. But then I had my team. Bernie McGirk wanted me, Pete Morgan wanted me, Jovit Tally wanted me. Curtis Sleewa he's now a sellout, backstabber, but he wanted me, and most of all ched Lopez wanted me. It was not imss Imus didn't want me. But when I got back to New York, he was reminded, very very quickly, damn cit is good. So he met up a whole bubba mindzeng, a whole story about Warner Wolf just to blow him out to get me back on the air. You know that this whole nonsense. Well, if he was here and if he did this and did that, all nonsense. As soon as he heard me, he said, I gotta get this guy back on the show. And he did. But don't tell me what happened with me and Imus Alan or anybody else in this town. He did not want me back. He didn't. But that's okay. I didn't hold it against them, obviously, And like I said, I spend most of my days the last couple of years being complementary towards I miss the negative. It doesn't matter. You're still gonna write what you want all over the internet. But I don't hate the guy, not even close. I give him a lot of credit for where I am today. So hearing from Deirdre talking to Wyatt and putting Wyatt on today, I'm all too happy to do it. So that's what you got, folks on this Wednesday morning big edition of Sit and Friends in the Morning. Louis got the smile going, know, we got the chuckle going. We'll have some fun today for you folks. Wednesday, Sit and Friends in the.
Speaker 20: Morning, Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: What a great song. Actually sad to hear this morning. I was in the bathroom. It's actually urinating on all the details and listening to that great show that no one puts on every morning right before us.
Speaker 21: No one was asking me what you were doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in the bathroom between five and six every morning. It is a great show. Great show, nom that's everything you need to know, local around the country, around the world. Five to six the News Hour with Noam Leyton, and I heard that Dave Mason had died. And I love that song. I love him. He's got about four or five storms that I really enjoyed. But I had to hear that one. That one really hit me hard. No, Yeah, I bet you had no idea that when you did that story that I'd be that upset.
Speaker 6: No, And I was actually more concerned that you washed your hands afterwards.
Speaker 3: I never do only when I make do it? He not peepe? Yeah, yeah, you don't. You don't wash your hands after your pee by the way, he is one thing, but not peepe.
Speaker 6: And you don't close the door.
Speaker 19: No, I never closed it now, which is like I've had a moment where I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: You know the first time, yeah, the first time. My wife, my beautiful wife, Danielle, her mother, it's a tragic story, was killed in a car crash. Danielle was only eight years old. So Danielle's mom, Carol, who was killed. Her mother Florence, who we called Nana. She actually raised Danielle and Florence's husband, who Danielle referred to as Poppy Martin Neudeleman. So she was raised by her grandparents to wonderful people, and they did a great job obviously. So I remember they lived in Brooklyn on East fourteenth Street and Avenue N East fourteenth and End. Bescoed this Italian restaurant all the time. Magl Willows, who was right there, who knew a long story short. The first time that Nana invited me for dinner with Danielle invited me for dinner at Nana's apartment. I went and Danielle and I were dating just a little bit, you know, and her grandmother at that point was in her seventies. Nana lived till she was ninety seven years old. We lost her. God, it's guy. She must have died over ten years ago. I'm not exactly sure when, but I can tell you this the first time we have dinner. She lives in an apartment on it evan you want. It's not a big, you know, palatial house. It's an apartment. And I excuse myself on the dinner table, and I go to make peepy and I do what I do here. The door is wide open, and I'm making and I can hear first first time I met her grandmother, and I send to her mother, and I can hear her grandmother go, is he? Actually? Is he in the bathroom? I hear, and the door is open. So I come out and they're both kind of smiling. And although none I thought it was grotesque. So Danielle, now, I got up to do something in the kitchen. Thenielle said, said, what are you doing? You got to close the door. You don't even my grandmother is not like that, you know. She's an elegant classy lady. You never met her. You're in an apartment for the first time. You got to close the door when you use the bathroom.
Speaker 21: You're the only one.
Speaker 3: Well, my family, we never shut the door. Nobody shuts the door in my family, the Rosenbroys aren't like that door's wide open. I don't know, That's just the way we work. We would have these Christmas parties. We'd have three hundred people in our house in Brooklyn. My sisters would be sitting there on the toilet making and the doors would be wide open. Strangers in the house in Brooklyn, they're the party, and they walk by the bathroom and there's Ray Sherry on the toilet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you realize that's that's odd and strange, bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the least thing that's odd about my family, to be honest. That's I got a lot bigger stuff than that. But yeah, that's it's kind of odd. But that's what I do. So, whether it's not his apartmentor here at the office.
Speaker 22: Okay, well now it a little bit more, but right, God, that is that's really insane.
Speaker 3: I think I don't know that.
Speaker 22: I mean, my grandmother would do that times when she'd stay at my family's house.
Speaker 3: She would do that.
Speaker 22: Yeah, but she was getting old and that doesn't cheer anymore. Right, you just walk up the stairs as my grandmother's sitting on the moor.
Speaker 3: I got news for you. Okay. I'm getting old and I don't care anymore either, So I'm not all that different from your grandmother.
Speaker 21: That's crystal clearly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Dave Mason's dead and I pee you at the door open, I can I tell you that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What a tribute.
Speaker 3: Two major stories, breaking major news here on sitting friends in the morning. We'll take a quick trike Heartel tribute. Nobody doesn't like the air, Yeah, Bruce Blankman, Peter King, which Lowry Wyatt? I miss? Just the name of you, Big Wednesday'll be right by.
Speaker 1: This is sid on Sports sponsored by Fearless Boilers on seventy seven w a VC.
Speaker 23: Justin all the here with sports Update sponsored by Pete Morgan and Pilos Boilers. Go to pilospoilers dot com to find a Dylan you Pierlos Boilers, the world's best built bowlers start out in Boston. John Carlos Stanton hit a solo homer and the second added a two run double as the Yankees extended their winning streak to four with a four to nothing win over the bust in A Red Sox and the opener of a three game set. Stanton, who sat out a seven to nothing win over Kansas City on Sunday after going oh for nine in his previous two games, drove in the first three for New York and gave started Luis Heel all the offense he needed against the struggling Socks. Heel picked up his first win of the season, holding Boston in just two hits and six and a third as the Yankees out hit the Red Sox ten to four, then cruise to their major league leading fifth shutout of the season. Cody Bellinger extended is hitting streak to nine straight with a single in the eighth and scored on Randall Gritchick's double to center Ben Rice, who had homered in four straight games. He comes back down to Earth, he goes oh for four with four strikeouts. Up next for the Yankees, the A Smax Freed. We'll get the start for game two of the of three, I should say tonight from Boston. First pitch is scheduled four six forty five PM. Once again in Queens, the Mets lost their twelfth consecutive game. The Curse of sid Rosenberg lives on, falling five to three to the Minnesota Twins in the opener of a three game set in New York. Skid is their longest since they dropped twelve straight from August tenth to twenty third in two thousand and two. No team has made the playoffs after a season in which it has lost twelve in a row. Closer Devin Williams blued in the ninth, failing to retire any of the five batters he faced before being booed off the mound. Williams was has allowed I should say, seven runs while recording four outs, and his last three appearances, the Mets were in position and there street with Nolan McLean retired the first fifteen Twins batters, and Francisco Lindor had a three run homer in the third to give the Mets their biggest leads in April fifth, and they just couldn't hold on up next form Clay Holmes is set to start for Tonight's middle game of this three game series. First pitch scheduled for seven to ten pm from City Field Quick check in on playoff basketball in the NBA. Your Final from Boston yesterday, six Ers beating the Celtics one eleven and ninety seven. That series now nodded at a game apiece. Down in San Antonio, Trailblazers beat the Spurs one oh six to one oh three, so that series also nodded at a game apiece and out. In Los Angeles, the Lakers jumping out to a two games to none series lead over the Rockets with a one on one to ninety four win a last night, and of course locally here we're looking ahead two tomorrow night, the Knicks picking up their first round playoff series against the Hawks. That series will move to Atlanta for tomorrow night's contest. That is You Sports sponsored by Pete Morgan Appilo spoilers. Go to pilospoilers dot com to find a Dylan a you pillow spoilers the world's best pell boilers. I'm justin Elk on seventy seven WABSA.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 18: One two coming at Taylor, Foul tips it for Strike three and the bets Lewison streak has reached and even does it for the first time since two thousand and two The Beleaguer Twins Bullpen goes twelve up at twelve down. Have the Twins come from three runs down to beat the man's five to three?
Speaker 3: Peter Frampton, the Great Blue Raffino, telling me today that the Great Peter Frampton celebrating a birthday today. And if I had a guess, I'm gonna go with Pete's seventy five.
Speaker 21: Wow, you are so close.
Speaker 3: How old is he?
Speaker 21: You're so warm?
Speaker 3: Seventy six, seventy six. I listen almost every artist and we do this every day. Lou does a great job, and people love it. Bill o'roddy, who just did his morning report, he loves it when we shout out birthdays of all these great bands and singers and songwriters, and they're all in their seventies and eighties. Yeah, you know that's it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Well that the whole generation is well, that's what we play.
Speaker 3: We're not playing rap on this show. We're not playing the New Waters on this show. I just turned fifty nine on Sunday. Here in your sixties. Gnome is right there. So the music that we like, everybody we like is seventy to eighty five. Yeah, pretty much, And that was Gary Cohen on the call. You know the Mets, if you didn't watch the game last night, you found out they lost five to three. They did actually enjoy a very early three nothing lead. Francisco Lindor hit a monster three run home run gave the Mets the early three nothing lead, and Minnesota clawed back. They got two, they got one. So Devin Williams did not blow the save in the ninth inning. He lost the game because the Twins entered the ninth inning in a three to three tie. Game was tied again. The Mets let three nothing, the Twins got two in the sixth, one in the seventh or eighth rever it was. So it's three to three in the ninth and here comes fifty one million dollar closer, Devin Williams. Remember the Mets let Edwin Diaz go. Now, look, look, look, I don't know if Edwin Diaz would have stayed, if they would have paid him, I don't know. You know, again, we keep hearing reports of a very tumultuous clubhouse in locker room last year, and the Mets stunk and Edwin Diaz had a chance to go to the team that has won two straight World Series and by the way, right now already has the best record in Major League Baseball well on their way to the third straight World Series win. And that's the Los Angeles Dodgers. So I'm not killing the Mets for losing Diaz. He may have left, but you know he's out for a long time now. He's injured and he's getting surgery and he's gonna be out for a couple of months, is what I heard, Edwin Diaz. Oh, the only Met that we uh, well, two Mets left us. They're doing well the Nemo trade. Nemo's hitting the ball well in Texas, Jeff McNeil doing okay in Oakland, Alonzo has been miserable in Baltimore, and Diaz is now heard for an extended period of time. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be helpy and performing here. But the truth is these guys haven't gone elsewhere and set the world on fire, and they did not set the world on fire here last year. Okay, So with all the bitching about the players, which I do plenty of that left, they're not exactly in the early MVP voting in their new homes.
Speaker 22: Well, the argument about Alonso is, like Joe said the other you want to keep your homegrown Yeah.
Speaker 21: Yes, he's the all time leader.
Speaker 3: Yes home runs, Yes, So I wanted to keep him. No, I wanted to keep him. And Polanco the guy they got to replace him. He's out, he's injured. You can't make it up. So Devin Williams comes in. They give him fifty one million dollars. The same Devin Williams that last year the Yankees acquired to be their closer and he lost that job. He was demoted relatively quickly because he was awful, and he admitted that talking about Pete Alonso. Ironically, when he was on the Brewers, Devin Williams a couple of years ago and one of the best closers in baseball, unhittable. You may remember, he gave up a home run in the playoffs to Peter that lifted the Mets past Milwaukee in that playoff series, and Devin admitted he has never been the same. He admitted it never been the same since Alonzo hit the home run. That's what he blamed last year's lousy season with the Yankees on. Okay, fine, now it's a new year. Now it's two years later. Now it's another team, another fifty one million dollars, and this son of a bitch kicking anybody out. Anybody, he's got three horrendous appearances in a row three, So he gives up the two runs in the ninth and the next thing you know, the streak is twelve. So for the second time today, which I promised you early, I'm going to do it again. I told you in the first segment that somebody at the Pentagon sent me something yesterday and did not reveal that person who did the same thing right now. Somebody called me yesterday and said, Steve Cohen wants to talk to you, and he's upset. He's not mad at me, far as I know. He maybe, but this person conveyed to me that Cohen realizes and understands the power of my voice in the city, which you should, and he wants to talk to me. Why didn't re shout to me yesterday? Maybe he will today, I don't know. But it was conveyed to me that Steve Cohen is upset and does want to talk to me, and I'd love to talk to Steve, even though at this point, you know, Fred Wolpan was really disliked by the time he sold the Mets, which is unfair because I can tell you Fred Wolpon was one of the is, one of the nicest men, great owner. You know. Look, they had their financial issues. He got in bed with Bernie madeoff. We know what happened there. But Fred Wolpand was a great, great owner for a long time, and he loved the Mets. He really did his son Jeff. Completely different story. When I was at the fan we had the Mets, almost everybody liked Freddy. Nobody liked Jeff. Sorry, then I told you when I got let go or resign whatever it was back in two thousand and five that the second phone call I received to make sure I was okay after Jim Nance was Fred Wipin. And Freddie was a good guy like Freddy, And I'm hearing that. Steve Cohen's a really good guy. I don't know him. I met him twice, a handshake with Bill O'Reilly in the dining room at City Field. That's all I know about Steve Cohen. But he is becoming really disliked in this city because nobody cares about your personality, Nobody cares how rich you are. Nobody cares about casinos, be psychotic sports fans. All they want to see is a winner. And after an improbable, amazing run by the Mets in the second half two years ago, the Mets have been awful since now a year and twenty plus games into this season. So Cohen, because he's rich, gets to sit courtside at Nick playoff games, sitting right there with John McEnroe, Spike Lee, he used to be Howard Stern, I don't even know. I guess Ben Stiller and his wife, bunch of famous people. And he's sitting there at the Nick game wearing his med hat. And the Knicks blow a lead and lose Game two to the Hawks. Now Cohen was not there for Game one and the Knicks made easy work of the Hawks, but he was here in Game two. They suffered a fourth quarter collapse and they lost the game. That was the motivation, the inspiration behind my dear friend Craig Cartin's little Instagram video yesterday take in all his frustrations out on the met owner. Now he keeps saying, eleven game losing streak. This was yesterday morning. The Mets are now at a twelve game losing streak. But you'll get the idea about the wrath that Met owner Steve Cohen is facing all over town. Craig Corton Lewis cut number one. The guy that's the shoulder.
Speaker 5: The majority of the blame for the collapse in the fourth quarter is New York Mets owner Steve Cohen.
Speaker 3: Get your unlucky ass out of my building.
Speaker 5: Steve Cohen, you've lost eleven consecutive games with the New York Mets.
Speaker 6: We don't want your bed ju ju in our building.
Speaker 3: This is a rule that he has to wear a Mets head everywhere who he is. Meanwhile, he's the most hated guy in your right now just listen. Say you're rich, but why do you have to win?
Speaker 5: I remind you that I'm a billionaire that owns the New York Mets. You lost eleven consecutive games. You do, schnuck, We'll get out of my building. All you do is bring bad luck everywhere you go. From a sports perspective, maybe you should bring the mayor here to hug Jalen Brunson four Game five, you knucklehead.
Speaker 3: I like that Craig Court and that was funny, and he's not a terrible guy, but I gotta tell you know what's going bad when the Minnesota Twins now they're not a good baseball team. They've been bad the last couple of years, and they traded away just about everybody before the start of the year. Yet Minnesota, through twenty three games this season is playing better than five hundred baseball. They're now twelve and eleven. Twelve and eleven, The Mets have the least amount of wins in Major League Baseball. That's right. Even Kansas City and Colorado have won more games than the Mets. Still stuck on seven they've been there since eight. Wel the ninth And when the opposing team makes fun of you on Twitter the night you lose, that's embarrassing. With the capital east, o'norm and lou and justin do you saw this? But the Minnesota Twin baseball team actually tweeted last night after beating the Mets things you can get in a dozen eggs, roses Mets losses from the Minnesota Twins. I swear to God, that's great. That is go this morning to the Minnesota Twins. Actual titter up on the Twitter from the baseball team, and it reads things you can get in a dozen eggs, roses Met losses. The Twins are making fun of the Mets.
Speaker 21: Wow, are they insane?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 21: I love it, Okay, yeah, it's great. Love it. But where it's fair, it's bad.
Speaker 3: You're right. It's not exactly a good sport, I know, from a team that hasn't won much. But but it just goes to Sean. Look, I gotta say this. So I'm watching both games because I'm a Yankee fan. Now, So my Yankees look great, you know, big knife John Carlos Stanton hits another home run at two run double. Louise Hill was great on the mound last night, shut out. The Red Sox were off off to it also off to a bad start. Nine wins, and the Yankees have now won four straight. They swept the Royals. We're playing Yankee baseball, guys. Okay, we're playing Yankee baseball. My team looks like the champs they are twenty seven times. We're playing Yankee baseball. Pitch, Yeah we are right, Yeah baseball sticking them up Joseph a boot's ass and Bedway probably the wrong. I should probably take that back, should yeah, worse. So I'm going back and forth between my Yanks, who went every night. Now win the mess. And the only thing to think of is that people in the stands last night. I don't know, I know, look up the actual attendance and all I can think of. And I'm sorry, Lisa, g I love you so much of you were there and any other friends.
Speaker 24: But what a loser like? It was thirty degrees out there last night. It was wet, it was damp, it was freezing. The team hasn't won since April ninth. I love going to a ball game. Did it with my dad? Do it with Gabriel? Been to a bunch of Yankee games or ready this year?
Speaker 3: What kind of loser is sitting in Queens last night for this losing baseball team in suck freezing temperatures. What kind of loser? Thirty two thousand losers, that's what.
Speaker 6: But that's the number of tickets that were sold.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, you look like a lot of people there. Really, I'm watching the game. I mean I saw plenty of empty seats, you know, the right behind home plate, the great seats, plenty of empty seats, but still there were still a lot of people there. Well, who's going to this? This team stinks and it's freezing outside. I understand it's a nice night. You want to enjoy the game with your family. These people think that because they're like loyal fans and go to every game, they're going to heaven. Shure to God. They got like child porn some of these people, you know, they who knows what they've got. Look at some of these people at these games wearing satin baseball jackets, and they just look ridiculous. They're out there, they're going to heaven because they love their Mets thirty degrees. The team hasn't won in weeks. Like I said yesterday, the last time the Mets won, Iron had a Navy. I love that one. And they'll be out there again tonight with signs that read the streak ends tonight. But of those signs last night, like okay, great, if the streak ends tonight. Now you've lost twelve out of thirteen. That's something to be proud about. Right, if the streak ends tonight, you still suck a big one, monkey bulls eight wins. What are you nuts? I'm not going tonight. Well, I'm never going there.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna return Steve Cohen's call or a you're gonna call him or no.
Speaker 3: I'm not calling him.
Speaker 6: He has to call you first.
Speaker 3: Well, I was told he's gonna call me, So I.
Speaker 19: Think you need to tell him that he needs to come on here, and no, he won't do that. But he doesn't do that, then maybe he needs to because Mets fans want to hear from him what the hell he's gonna do to fix it.
Speaker 3: Well, certainly invite him, but I'm not gonna not talk to him. If he doesn't come here. I'm more than happy to have a private conversation with Steve and whatever he tells me, I can't. I won't say you know.
Speaker 19: That right, But I'm just saying he'd be smart, I think, to come on and actually have a full on interview so you tell us what's going on.
Speaker 3: Everybody would be smart to come on this show, whether it's President Trump, who does come on often, Steve Cohen, Aaron Boone, Wyatt, I miss doesn't matter. You're almost not smart if you don't come on this show. If you're a New Yorker, then you have any influence in this city, not just politically, but any influence. You should want to be here. That's the bottom line. You want to go on the fan. But Boomer and Gail God bless you have one. No one goes across the street because they don't get guests. They say, we don't want guests. No, you can't get guests. You think I'm stupid and your ratings are embarrassing, just like the election results were. You want to have an honest conversation, you want to lie. I'll tell you the real numbers. No traction at all hasn't meant the thing. All the big talking we're gonna rape, it's not going to be number one bla, no traction at all, nothing, nothing. No one's leaving this. Why would you leave this? We got the best guests, we got the best conversations, we got great music, We talk sports, we talk lifestyle. Lewis's impressions are the best in the world. Were funny. You're gonna leave this to listen to two old men talk about Eric Adams for four hours. That makes a lot of sense. Oh, I said it. I say it a lot lately because I'm curious kicking their ass, just kicking their ass. It's embarrassing. So if you switch over and you hear something different, he's lying.
Speaker 25: Lying.
Speaker 3: Ted puts his hand on the Bible. He's lying. I see the numbers four, eight to two to one, four, nine to two, two five two to a one six. These meat numbers mean nothing to you. But just trust me when I tell you it is blowout. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: No, right here, what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, know, I'm so uncomfortable because he's one of the few people here that actually he'll talk to that guy. So we have a couple of double agents here. I know who you are too, so.
Speaker 6: So John, who's the other double agent.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna talk about it now, No.
Speaker 21: You can, because you would reveal the double agent.
Speaker 3: Then you'd be dummy, right, Okay, let me reveal the double agent. Then he'd be a single agent.
Speaker 21: No, I mean jesus, he'pionage not Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you must be confusing being a double agent like singles hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, keep it all straight.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of right about that.
Speaker 26: It's true.
Speaker 21: It's like how we are with each other double agent.
Speaker 3: With yeah, I don't know. Oh, we got a lot of great guests still to come, which Lowry is coming up next to the editor of the National Review, will do something after rich A Rite. Then you get Bruce Blateman, you get Peter King, you get Wyatt I miss already the best show in New York radio in the first ninety seven minutes. The good news is we got a lot more to go. It's Wednesday on Sitting Friends in the.
Speaker 20: Morning, Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 27: Democrats do not play politics the way Republicans do. The difference, they do not. They do not. Democrats played by the marquista Queen's barry rules. I think they're not rule breakers.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what.
Speaker 28: You're trying to tell me?
Speaker 27: They're not.
Speaker 28: I if the Democrats take the Senate, I would twenty twenty seven, I hope in twenty twenty seven and Alito retires and Trump names a Supreme Court justice that the Democrats are going to have hearings and actually confirm him.
Speaker 27: I think they were her because they don't.
Speaker 3: Do chance that racist biac Joy Reid trying to convince my guy Maury Povich that the Democrats play nice. Is she kidding me? Joy Reid is one of the most repugnant, just disgusting, repulsive, racist eggs racist that God has ever created. Is that fair to say? No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's up there, that's fair.
Speaker 3: She is so disgusting Democrats play by the rules? Are you nuts? She's the same asshole I said it, that's right. Who when I spoke at Trump's rally at Madison Square Garden splice the video? Har and Rachel Maddow both did it? Read and Matto Mattow whatever her stupid name is. They actually spliced the video between my speech at President Trump's rally right before he won and the Nazi rally in nineteen thirty six at Madison Square Garden. Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow. Oh, I can't stand her. Rich Lowry's coming up next and which will be happy to know that he inspired me to write a tweet last night at sid Rosenberg nineteen. That's my Twitter account at sid Rosenberg nineteen. It goes like this, Any Jewish person that still identifies Joy Reid as a Democrat is a traitor that goes for family and friends. Look at this vile radical woman who just won in New Jersey. Take a look at a mere mock led This is a Rich Lowry story selected by the Dems to sit on the Board of Regents at the University of Michigan. And the worst of all is our radical Islam mayor right here in New York City, Jee haters and socialists is now officially the Democrat Party. Congratulations, joy read. It's been trending since the Squad, but now it's everywhere. As Rich Lowry points out, the Islamization of us politics is here. That's not what our country was built on. God help us. So there you go, Rich, you inspired and tweet from sid Rosenberg last.
Speaker 4: Night that's that's really inspiring. Stuff did. And it's amazing to talk to the chief Knakahoma of the New York Mets. You leave and they just start losing. Yeah, they gotta find a way to bring it.
Speaker 2: Back to it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's up to Steve Cohen. I was told on a serious note by mutual friend yesterday that Cohen is going to reach out to me today. We'll see. But in a serious note, you know, nobody, nobody in the country was even talking about that hug, which most sane people, I understand, didn't care much about it. But I went nuts because I'm shaking hands with mister and missus met before. We've had nice interactions, but that hug with Mom Donnie was nearly porn I'm like, what is this and then I went out and I called, as you know, rich mister medananti Semite, And ever since then, the Mets have lost all eleven games.
Speaker 4: This might I don't mean to be sliding about your impact in New York City and elsewhere, but this might have been this might be your biggest thing you've ever driven.
Speaker 3: Well, you know it's only true if you give me the credit for it. So, for example, Brian Kilmead and Steve Varney gave me credit for it. Yesterday, Bill O'Reilly Mark Simone out kick on Fox News, Fox News. But like you watch a local media Marshall Kramer interviewing the mayor yesterday on CBS about the Met curse, don't even mention my name. It all started with me.
Speaker 4: That's terrible, that's terrible, terrible. Credit worth du But I'm not sure how much you're a Yankee fan yet. I think you're all tranced a moment.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 4: I watching You're still watching that s game.
Speaker 3: Well I want them to lose, so I watched them. Okay, I'm watching the Yankees.
Speaker 4: You have it right now. If I mentioned that the Yankees haven't won a World Series since two thousand and nine. Do you have a sixth pillion in your stomach? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't care about the Yankees back then. So the last seventeen well Yankee fan. No, the last seventeen years mean nothing to me. I'm only a Yankee fan for seventeen days.
Speaker 4: Even less, you expect to have a six feeling your stomach if we don't win it all this year.
Speaker 3: Yes, this year will be very disappointed. And I sat there watched last night, I watched Stanton hit that monstrous home run. I watched Stanton hit that big two run double. I was thrilled to see Luis Heel pitch so well. So I watched almost a whole Yankee game at ben Waite Park. But it's kind of like when I watch Fox News, I enjoy it. That's the Yankees, And when I go to ms NOW hate.
Speaker 4: What freaking out ms now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it. There it is, I get it.
Speaker 4: That makes sense?
Speaker 3: All right. So here's the story that you put out, which was syndicated in the New York Post yesterday, Michigan's Dear Born Gems preview the future of US politics. And you're talking specifically about Amir mack Led, who is now a nominee for the seat on the University of Michigan Board of Regents. And again you go back to this disgusting lady Mahea who beat Joe Hathaway in New Jersey. She took Mikey Muhammad Cheryl's old seat the mayor here in New York City. This is not an okay trend. This is United States politics. And I think that was the point you were making just yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, so this raise in Michigan wasn't the most important one is for a seat on the Board of Regents of the University of Michigan. But it's still very telling. This guy Maclip, he praised Hesbelo leaders on Twitter. He praised Alamani on Twitter. He retweeted Cannis Owens that nut job saying that Israelis are murderers and liars and blackmailers and evil and all demons and all the rest of it. And he beat a Jewish guy, a completely respectable democrat, you know, used to be an Obama attorney. They've been victimized by anti Semitic vandalism, you know, in the pro homuse protests, because he wasn't with those people at his office, at his home, his wife's car and the Jew lost and this the jew hater won, and that's really a sign of where the party is going. So we have a lot of crazy anti Semitic right wing influencers, but they haven't changed the orientation or publican politics where Democrats are changing right before our eyes.
Speaker 3: Because they're not involved with the administration. I mean, Tucker Carlson doesn't work for Trump, and now Trump has and now even Tucker's son who is working with j D manage that kids out. I'm not sure if he walked out to start his own political prom where they kicked him out. But they have no role in government. These democrats are all real politicians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they went in twenty eight, you'll have some effort to make his into apartheid era of South Africa. That's how they'll regard it. Now, I don't think they'll actually be able to do. It'll be a little bit like Biden was with Saudi Arabia at beginning of this term. We're going to turn our back on these people. Then you realize they're so important you can't, But that'll be the tendency. This is a very serious night.
Speaker 3: I agree with you one hundred percent and Mamdannie is the face of all of it. You do realize that he's the face of all of it. So I got a buddy at the Pentagon last night who sent me this. And you know, I love Trump more than anybody, Okay, I think more than Milania, and I feel badly ever criticizing the president. I'm not sure this is criticizing him, but somebody the Pentagon did, and I'm starting to look at some of this and go some of it makes a little bit of sense. Look, I'm still happy that President Trump started this with Iran. I thought it was a necessity. I still do you know this is the country that is the reason why you've got those terror proxies killing Americans. Listen, can't fleet folks. I know it's all about the Jews for sid killing Americans and hisies, whether it's has Bola, Comaster Hutis and other Iranian groups over the last forty seven years. So I'm all poor President Trump starting the war. But now it's starting to get silly. All right, you're two months in, it's another ceasefire, and I think we're confused. I really do. So I got this last night from a friend who was at the Pentagon, and it says sid before the war, Iran did not control the Strait of Hormuz. They do now Iran oil was sanctioned. Now it's not. Iran was not really building a nuclear weapon according to the Pentagon Intelligence Agency. Now they will US bases in the Gulf for assets, now the liabilities, and everyone is laughing at us because the truth is Trump and the United States is stuck. Any validity in your opinion which to any of.
Speaker 4: That, I think there's a validity to it. I don't know, that's not quite my my take, but I think it was a big problem that we didn't plan properly around an Iranian attempt to take over the Strait or her moves prior to the war. According to the credible reporting, is because Trump just thought they'd capitulate before then clearly they haven't. So we are stuck at the moment. You know, I think the blockade is creative idea and one has a lot of merit, and we can basically trade eventually. I think, you know, we'll end the blockade if you end your block edge of the straight, and then we'll get some sort of JCPOA type deal. I don't think. I think it'll be a little better, probably than the JCPOA. But I think it'll be a better situation because you're layering on top of some assurance at they'll pause for a while. Massive destruction of their weapons systems, their military, and their their economy. So I think it'll take years for them to recover from this. Is it everything you would have hoped for at the outset? You know, the regime falls or we go get the uranium. No, it's going to be a continuation of what's been a fifty year war. But are they more powerful or less than they were?
Speaker 3: You know, not even close? Right, They're less powerful last for years, Right, they're less powerful. But I keep hearing people like I was talking to buy and kill me this morning and he said, look, I fully expect Trump in the United States go back in there with some more military power. Okay, that's what I want to see. I wanted to see that two weeks ago Tuesday night. You know, I was furious two weeks ago. That's great. He said, yeah, we're going to finish the job. And I said, really, what does that mean at this point? Finish the job? I mean, does that mean you're getting the uranium? Does that mean that you're going to be once again in total control of the Strait up horror moves. Does that mean that the IRGC, which I think is the most important part of this is completely destroyed? When people keep saying on TV, Trump supporters and elsewhere, finish the job, which Lowry, What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 4: I've had exactly the same thought and almost exactly the same words finishing the job with the ending of the regime. It's just outside of our power. It's not outside of our power and theory, right, we could march a couple divisions in there and end it in a week if we wanted to, But we don't want to because we want to pay that kind of price. So I do wonder. I think Trump clearly is really reluctant to start hitting them hard again. I think he might have to. I think we might need to do more in the straight kind of run freedom and the navigation operations as they call them, to demonstrate that they can't control the Strait. But sure of that, I don't think they believe them. I don't think they believe in any threats anymore. This is the problem in terms of levers, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't think they cared. In the beginning, they'd rather die, these Iranians. A, yes, they'd rather die. But now to your point, they didn't care in the beginning, and now they're not even intimidated because how many times can you say the same thing, Oh, it's gonna be all hell, I'm blowing it up, don't begin. He did the same thing in Gaza the president for a while, you know, I'm gonna go in there and I'm gonna blow up the whole thing. And eventually, you know, you got to thank them forever because he got every hostage out dead or alive, which Biden could never do, Harris could never do. That's what makes Trump maybe the greatest president ever. But whether it's the Middle East or this one or he hasn't really throw and obviously Putin was Alenski with any military MC. But he has done that now in the Middle East with guys and Iran, and he has come up short more than he has actually done what he said he was gonna do. Is that a fair call.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is he's super fanatics. As you say, They're a suicide cult basically at bottom, and they just within the last several months gunned down tens of thousands of their own people in the streets, so they're really going to care that their trust projects are being blown up. So that's the problem. I do think eventually there'll be a deal, but it will not be a deal that is everything we would have wanted.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'll be watching television tonight, which our Yanks. I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 4: I've got Freed going tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, baby, I love it, Max Freed against the Red Sox. We're already burying Boston in April. This is great.
Speaker 4: Red Sox only have thirteen homers all seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah no they will yeah no, No. Listen, like Rick Patino once said about Burden Parish and McHale, Mookie Betts and Bogarts are not walking through that door anytime soon. So I'm not exactly sure what Joel boot is rooting or up there at Benway Park. But the nice to see the Yankees make quick work in this series. And as always, Wich, Larry, You're amazing, Thank you so much. Take care well there. He is the editor of the National Review. His stuff is open syndicated right here. In fact, again, I referred to an article just yesterday in The New York Post he's on Fox News a couple of times a week, and of course he's on this show every week. My friend which Larry, will take a short break when we get back. He happens to be the president of the DEA, the Detective's Endowment Association. They got a big rally outside of City Hall coming up tomorrow. Scott Monroe's had enough, he said in mister Mayor, you are out there for the nurses, You're out there for the dorman. How about the cops? How about the cops? One time, mister Mayor, Scott Monroe Coming up next.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 10: Rank Smiles, Racist arn.
Speaker 11: Every day, the NYPD detectives and cops across the city and state are being harassed, followed, filled docs, targeted by social media agitators.
Speaker 12: Look into go viral, and it's putting lives at risk.
Speaker 11: Mayam Madonna, you have the luxury of not dealing with these dangerous agitators.
Speaker 12: You've got a wall of blue around me, twenty four.
Speaker 11: Seven detectors protecting you, creating the very buffer zone we're fighting for to protect our protectors.
Speaker 29: Those same detectors are out on the street with caras shoved in their faces, being followed, interfered with, and harassed while trying to protect New Yorkers, mister.
Speaker 12: Mayor your New Yorkers. That's the reality on the ground every single day, and it needs to end. This isn't about politics, it's about safety. It's not about the far left, it's not about the right. You stood with other unions, the dorman, the nurses.
Speaker 11: Now we're asking you to stand with us, the men and women that wear the uniform.
Speaker 12: We brought this to your doorsteps. We made it easy for you.
Speaker 11: Stay out with the New York State Public Safety Alliance on April twenty third, help us pass the legislation to stop harassment and create a real buffer zone for the hard working men and women who keep you on.
Speaker 12: New York's City safe, that keep New York State safe. Because if you don't.
Speaker 11: Protect the cops, you won't have cops and public safety will disappear.
Speaker 9: Enough is enough.
Speaker 3: It's time to leave classy plea right there for my dear friend, the president of the DEA, the union, the detectives and Downment Associations, Scottie Monroe. Just saw Scott a couple of weeks ago when they were retired detectives led by donal Lisi. They put together a wonderful night at Frankie Russo's place, Russo's on the Bay and Howard Beach. They honored me and Paul Morrow and Bo Didel. But I did have Scott Monroe on the show since because he did a similar video a couple of weeks ago where he said, hey, listen, you know the mayor actually made it illegal. I don't know if you want to, I don't know if it's illegal, but you know he made sure that you can no longer cat call in the city. So my gorgeous wife, and she is gorgeous, Danielle walks down the street. These horny, low life, degenerate construction workers can't be saying hey baby, great ass, can't do that anymore. But to Scott's point, cops walk down the street. You can scream, you dirty pig, you can spin on him, you can throw stuff at him. Something seems wrong there, right, So what I tell President Trump stop saying, Mam, Donnie's a good guy. It's not just about the Jews, tartists, not just about the Jews or Israel. It's the cops. I love the cops. Scot's about to tell you how much I love the cops. And this guy doesn't care, not even a little. He wants to defund him, he wants to replace him, he wants to tear down the SRG. He wants people to leave. He loved to see every cop in the city go to Florida. He couldn't care less. That's not a good guy. Doesn't care about the safety of his people, doesn't care. So what that said here he is, deea president and a man I'm proud to call a friend. Scott Monroe Scotty, good morning, pal Hawaii. Good morning.
Speaker 25: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: I love having you on. I lay that out pretty good there, Scotty. Was that pretty accurate?
Speaker 25: Yeah, you sure did. I'll tell you I'm very excited about tomorrow. We got people from all over the state coming, whether you're a correction officer or a court officer or believe it, the FDA, the fire everybody loves to fire me. You never anything about the fire. I spoke to the fire Unis yesterday. They were excited about it. And you know, this is about war enforcement. It's about respecting law enforcement. And that's why we have problems.
Speaker 7: Where we're at.
Speaker 25: People think they can do anything they want, the cops, and this is what happens in New York City. It's going to come to a county near you in the state. It's gonna come to a village near you in the state. We can't let this happen.
Speaker 3: It already did, I mean, it already did. I was in New Jersey. My dear friend, my best friend, Joseph Ijah Bin and his lovely daughter Joel got married at a beautiful place, the pleasant Dale Chateau in West Orange, New Jersey. I wasn't home, but I came home to find that on the streets not far from me. I live in Queen's Middle Village, trag racing, setting fires Palestinian plags. I had Vicky Palladino, the Great City council Lady, on this show a couple of days ago. So it's already happening in some of the final neighborhood, Scott, We're not talking about Rundown rough neighborhoods. Nice neighborhoods in all the boroughs are starting to see chaos and violence.
Speaker 25: Well, this is why we put this Public Safety Life together, which has over five hundred thousand votes. I think it's even more than that. It's gonna count in the local elections. It's gonna count the Senate, the Assembly, the governor's election, and we are gonna count this time around in November, we will count.
Speaker 2: Our vote will count.
Speaker 3: God, I hope. So you know, I've been having fun with this whole Met curse, you know, and I started it. I know a lot of the local media doesn't mention me, but I started the whole thing as soon as mister medhug Mom Donnie, I called mister medan anti semiter went viral. It's a silly story, but I'm gonna get to a point here. The point is, eventually the owner of the Mets, Steve Cohen, needs to reach out to me. He just does. That's the bottom line. Okay, I'm at the head of this story, which the whole city is buying kind of the same thing with you. The head that you're trying to reach out to is Mom Donnie. So while you're gonna rally tomorrow and you keep making these really good Scott, really good video, please to get some help. Have you heard anything from this mayor or people close to him.
Speaker 25: Well, I we invited the governor who decried to come I guess it wasn't on a horrid gender that day. And we invited the mayor and the Maya hasn't gotten back yet. And I'll be telling Ashia, I hope the mayor's there. I hope he stands right next to me because I need him to support these bills. He doesn't vote on these bills up in orbity. The people in he Senate and he assembled, and of course the governor has to sign these bills. So this is what we're doing. I was told this bill would never get done. And you know what, I'm gonna fight for law enforcement. I'm gonna fight for the men and woman with the uniform that this does not continue, that they'll spend a night in jail, and that we can sue them for what they do.
Speaker 3: Good, because anyway, stop right. So I just want people to know, you keep my sitting this bill and there's only no context. So what Scott is talking about is they want to pass legislation like I talked about when I introduced them no cat calling. They want to introduce legislation where you cannot you cannot abuse cops physically or even verbally when they're walking down the streets. Is that about right, correct.
Speaker 25: Anybody in law enforcement, public safety. It could be a traffic agent, they're going to be standing there with us tomorrow. It's anybody that is in some type of law enforcement in New York State, whether you're a sheriff out in Suffolk County, or you're a sheriff upstate state, or you're from Buffalo. Buffalo's on board with this. This is why we're doing this. This is in the this is in the governor's lane. Now, it would be great if the mayor supported these bills, for us to say, you know what, Governor, I think you should do this. This should not be happening in New York City. It would be very helpful.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So the governor, of course, the legislation part is important with her, but the mayor is the one who runs the NYPD. You know, last I checked or a mutual friend, do we both love Jessica Tish the police commissioner. She works for the mayor, not the governor. So yes, legislation bills, that's Albany, that's Kathy Hokel. But in terms of the NYPD, I believe that it's vital that Mom Donnie is there tomorrow. Vityl.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I hope he is.
Speaker 2: I hope he never met him yet.
Speaker 3: I never met him neither.
Speaker 25: He was the lector, did no gun, but I still haven't met him. He used to go to promotions a couple of weeks a couple of weeks ago. You know, I shook his hand on stage. But you know the bottom line is that it's when we do these bills up in Albany. The last mayor, he was on board with us, Eric Adams on our bills, and that's how we got these bills done. He was just supporting these bills and we need the mayor to support this bill.
Speaker 3: He's not going to. He hates the cops. He hates you guys, Well why Hacott, he hates you?
Speaker 4: Takes that challenge on all right.
Speaker 3: Well, when he doesn't show up and he's not going to because he hates you and I love you. You know how much I love you. And I said this during my speech and Howard beats two weeks ago. See, if he shows up, it's kind for me. It's a weird situation. If he shows up, he's being a phony. He'll be like him going to a ball mitzva at this point, are you kidding? But if he doesn't show up, then it's still not good. Even though he's showing his true colors. The truth is, and you know this, Scott, he doesn't like you guys. He doesn't like you.
Speaker 25: Well listen, I just don't want him to hug me because I don't want no bad luck.
Speaker 3: Hey, is Jessica Tish coming to this tomorrow?
Speaker 25: No, they don't. Normally that doesn't happen with the police commissioners and stuff. Well, we have a lot of politicians that are calling interest that.
Speaker 2: They want to come.
Speaker 25: So they are coming. I mean the two politicians, the two political leaders that wrote this legislation, they'll be there tomorrow. They're Democrats and they're moderate Democrats and they believe in policing. That's why they wrote the bill.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Can you name their names so you don't want to.
Speaker 25: Yeah, no, I name them. It's Jessica Scott Selaspatness as Senator okay, and the Assembly min is Kwani o'faro from the Assembly. And they believe in police. And actually Kiwami is a retired detective that's an assembly person now and he wrote the bill in the Assembly.
Speaker 3: Right, So I would say screw Hokal because she doesn't care. She's not gonna come. She's not gonna help you. Screw the mayo because he's not gonna come. But the guy that I would want there is actually calling me in about an hour and fifteen minutes, Scott Monroe. And he happens to be the national County executive, but hopefully he'll be our next governor. Bruce Blateman should be there tomorrow.
Speaker 25: Every politician is invited to this. If you believe in policing, come on down. We did it right on the Stepsish City Hall. We want to make it convenient for the mayor to come. That's why I did it on the Stepsish City Hall. Welcome everybody to come twelve o'clock tomorrow at City Hall.
Speaker 3: It's a great, great rally, Scott, and you know, the DA is really lucky. I don't need to blow smoke up your ask us. I love the last guy. I love Paul de Jacomo, loved him, loved him. He's a dear, dear friend. But man, you are really great in this position as well. That was a very difficult spot to fill. And you are great, you really are. You care about this city, you care about the cops. I mean, look, I know, you guys about a cup rough couple of weeks. It was very nice, very nice, and aught the right dollar and Vinnie Vallaalog and all those guys. The SBA figured out a way to get our buddy Eric Duran out of jail after that creep, that creep that judge Guy Mitchell, three to nine years on Eric Duran. That is ridiculous. He shouldn't be in jail at all, let alone that harsh of a sentence. But how do you feel about the fact that at least today Eric Duran is home.
Speaker 25: I feel great. You know that's that's a wing for all law enforcements that just about war for their families.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 25: The bottom line is that we're out there doing a job. They took an oath to do this job. Not everything's pretty, sid Not everything's pretty, but they took an oath to do the job. They'll still protect the communities and they'll still do their job. Here the nypday, even though you want to cut cut off budget, you want to keep doing that. And the bottom line is we're still out there because we work in the communities that we live in and we're going to move forward.
Speaker 3: Scott, you're a hero. I mean, keep up the great work. Good luck at tomorrow's rally. I think I gotta be in Jersey. We're going to be hosting an event. But if I have a couple of minutes before, I'll try to run over there. Either way, good luck tomorrow. It's a great rally worthwhile. It is noon on the steps of city Hall. Is that right? Yes, it is Scott Monroe.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, buddy, thank you, thanks for having us all right.
Speaker 3: Scott Monroe right there, the president of the DEEA, not the Drug and Portman ag Agency, the Detective's Endowminant Association. And he does a terrific job. And he's a great guy, great cop, great New Yorker. My friend Scott Monroe will take a break on me. He's got the news. We still have a couple of them. More than a couple. We've got three great guys stopping by today. He's running for governor right now. He's a Nasau County executive. My friend Bruce Blakeman will be here. We'll also talk to the former congressman Homeland Security big time guy Peter King, and I miss I miss back on WABC today. Unfortunately, we couldn't get done well. He got the next closest thing, his son Wyatt, Wyatt I miss on ABC. He'll be here in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast network.
Speaker 25: Of a great show and you have big ratings.
Speaker 4: Sit, I don't even know if you know how big your show is.
Speaker 25: Okay, but you have.
Speaker 4: Big ratings and you have a great show. And you've been my friend for a long time, and I appreciate.
Speaker 12: It because you're the best guy.
Speaker 7: You're the credible guy in New York.
Speaker 2: You I really you become the go to guy.
Speaker 3: This is a this is a great song. How long? Lou tells me that Paul Carry, who worked with a couple of great bands, love all these bands Squeeze and Mike and the Mechanics. That's Mike Rutherford's band. He was with Genesis and these guys Ace Paul Carrick celebrating a birth day today is how do you say his name?
Speaker 21: Lewis Paul Carrick?
Speaker 3: How old is Paul Carry today? Seventy five?
Speaker 21: So he's on a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: No, he's told there were three great bands right there, Carock seventy five. Today we celebrated Peter Frampton earlier. He's seventy six. And who else, Oh Glenn campbelling cam He would have been ninety today, but of course he passed away. Big dinner last night at Lasarentina. I know you love that place, lou They love you there, John, Missola Jojo. It's a great place. Spoke to a guy who's a friend of John. He listens every morning. He's listening right now. He loves us. His name is Gary Binder, So Gary, thank you for listening every day. He's somewhere in Brooklyn, listens every morning. We appreciate that. And then I'm walking home from Lasarentina. I'm cold, it was cold out last night, and I'm about five blocks away from the house, and a car pulls up, rolls down the window, and who is it? The lovely Donna Sullivan, who of course is the wife of Mike Sullivan Brennan Carr in Brooklyn, and he listens every day. His brother Thomas running for office again in Queens, and his brother Russ former secret service somewhere in Virginia, Maryland. He listens every day. So it was great seeing the lovely Donna Sullivan yesterday. Thank you, Donna for taking me home. And of course we've got the Mets. We've got the Metropolitans looking to avoid their thirteenth consecutive laws tonight taking on Minnesota. I think Clay Holmes is on the Mount or the Mets later on tonight. It's going to be cold again and all these people are going to be out there. I may not see the whole game. I gotta go to bed early. I've got a huge event tomorrow, and you guys know, I've had a Zadan in studio twice over the last couple of weeks, and he's going to run against that louse, that jerk off, Corey Booker in New Jersey. So I'm obviously enthusiastically endorsing Alex Zadan and he's I've got a huge event coming up tomorrow night in Coltsneck, New Jersey at Trump National, which I'll be mceing and speaking. I got that tomorrow and then Friday. Have been invited to the Metropolitan Club Annual Galla. They'll be honoring a lot of great people, Congressman Randy Pine out of Florida, Emily Austin, Rudy Giuliani, and Chris Alenzo, who does a great job at that club wants to give me an award. They've already awarded me like ten times. That's fuddy God. They got Johnny Tobacco hosting the event. They want to give me some America Israel Alliance Award. I'm honored, but I'm not sure I can make it. I've got a big birthday weekend planned with Danielle, so we'll see a lot going on. Lewis, I'm a very busy guy.
Speaker 21: And restaurants and everything too, everywhere.
Speaker 3: Sammy's Romanian coming up on Friday night. Oh yeah, making the return. I did fifty there. Now I'm fifty nine, nine years later making their return to Sammy's Romanian. I will take a break when we get back. A lot of folks looking forward to this one as I am. Happens to me and I miss I miss back on ABC. Not Don unfortunately, God rest his soul, but we got his uh, his little boy, who's not a little boy anymore. I think he's twenty seven years old. Wyatt. I miss doing some big things out in the great state of Texas. Wyatt, I miss back on WABC. He's coming up next.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Rolling by Ale on the Road to greatness. We did that, You did that.
Speaker 6: I did that.
Speaker 3: That's what we did.
Speaker 9: You goddamn right, that's what we did.
Speaker 3: Here. It is the famous Mike drop the very last day, or the late great Don I miss in the morning, which so it all started from me. Basically, I did sports talk radio down in Florida, I don't know, for a couple of years, and then I got my first opportunity in New York in two thousand, hosts a morning show. The time, the station was doing very very well, had people like Copie and Anthony and the Radio Chick and Ron and Feze and Don and Mike, and had a couple of partners Scott Complan, Craig Carton. But it failed and after one year I was heading back to Florida and I got a phone call from Steve Cohen, not the owner of the Mets, our Steve Cohen, who spent a lot of years at Sirius X seven I don't know where. He is now married to the lovely Eileen Markesy Cohen. And he said, you know, the guys at the band actually like you. So I went. I met with Lee Davis and Mark Chernoff. Turns out Connie Fitzgerald was a big band too, and they hired me. Turnoff said to me, I said, Mark, I gotta make more money. He said, well, here's a deal. They're about to start a new network. It's gonna be called the Yes Network. George Steinbrunner. I think it starts in November. This is about four months prior to that. So when the network starts, Susan Woldman's going to leave, and I'm gonna team you. What would Jody McDonald to do the midday show? That's how you're gonna make more money. But for starters, you're gonna do sports on Imus. I said, what I'm gonna do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 26: I said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fac you're gonna come down next week to Rockefeller Center. I miss is doing his I guess all those are three days to the fundraiser. What you call that? Again? Those radio times were great, raised money for great causes. Sid's Joel Holland, a wright, David jurist, and of course you know I'm miss Ranch, so I met I miss. He was disinterested, but Mike Breen said, don't worry. You guys get along great, it'll be great. And then it all started, and you know, I was on that show every weekday for about five years. But that relationship lasted on and off the air me and I miss believe it or not, for eighteen years, eighteen till he died, which still makes me sad. Back in December of I guess twenty twenty and LOUI you were with Imus for how long?
Speaker 21: I think it was ninety sheen, I think it was twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Too, Nobot you started, Oh we died it, I thought what he was talking about. He passed.
Speaker 21: Oh, I started in eighty.
Speaker 3: Eight, eighty eight, so you would die a long time, almost thirty years.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So had the opportunity to speak to his wife, Deirdre Saturday. She reached out. It was great. We had a great conversation. And the conversation between me and Deirdrehimus led to a discussion about their son, Wyatt, who's doing great stop out there in Texas, and that turned into a conversation between me and Wyatt just a couple of days ago, and he's doing some big things. I said, hey, come on the show. Let's catch you on. Everybody Loves and Imus in New York City still a legend. So with that said, here he is the son of the late great time. I miss the very impressive whyatt I miss why, good morning.
Speaker 26: Pile a, good morning, thank you very much for having me. Good tea. You gotta know playing that mic drop wherever my mother's listening right now, she's undoubtedly crying.
Speaker 3: I know it sounds like you're crying. Are you okay? Oh?
Speaker 26: I'm fine. You could have played the Rush song Tom Seyer, and you could have had Lou play that. That would have been great.
Speaker 3: But we do play Rush on this show quite a bit because I happened to love the song Limelight. But we do play Tom Sawyer, and every time we play it white it's like, oh, that's that's I miss' song. But we wanted to, We wanted the audience. He got emotional because.
Speaker 26: Your father everybody crying. Yes, I have a conversation.
Speaker 3: Yes, And right now your father is somewhere okay, and he's lamping his ass off watching everybody. Fr what how old are you when your father passed away?
Speaker 26: He passed away in twenty nineteen, so I was twenty one.
Speaker 3: Years old, So now you're going to be twenty eight if my math is right? Is that right?
Speaker 26: That is correct? I'll be twenty eight in July.
Speaker 3: So before we get to what you're doing, and again you're doing great stuff. How was your life changed? I mean, obviously you loved your dad. You guys had a great relationship, trust me, we all know it, great rodeo days and he was so proud of you. You love you. How was your life changed since your dad passed away?
Speaker 25: You know?
Speaker 26: I oftentimes I talk to people who really lean on their fathers, right, you know, And I had a great relationship with mine, and he was involved, heavily involved in everything I did. Well with that, you have an unbelievable security net, right you have, you know, the ability to talk to somebody who you value more than anything. Yeah, and when somebody like that goes away, is it leaves an impact where you no longer have that? You know, It's like it's like jumping into the ocean and then somebody reaches down and takes your life raft hmm.
Speaker 3: I like that, that's true.
Speaker 26: Such a He did such a great job demonstrating, I mean, to me, at least, how to be a man and live your life. And so he left me with a lot of great lessons and what I think is a destability to navigate life and I'm forever thankful for that. But you know, it changes you forever, you know, especially if you have a great relationship with your father and you no longer have that, It changes everything. It changes the trajectory of your life because it takes away, like I said, that analogy, that that life raft in every way.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you that I know exactly what you're talking about because my dad was my best friend Wyatt when I was a little boy. He was my manager in little league, he was my coaching football. We talked every day, you know Whyatt for about nineteen years, whether I was doing the show in Florida or New York City. When the show ended, let's say ten o'clock ten oh one, I got a text from my dad and he would say, Sydney, you were great day, I said, Dad, not every day. In my Grady goes, no, you are. I am biased. And my father passed away. It'll be six years in July, and it hurts me still. In fact, my birthday was Sunday and my dad sang Happy Birthday to me literally two months before he passed away. And I play it on this show every year and it hurts, you know, but it struck me at least after my dad passed away, we went as a family to Newport, who I don't know how to get away. I couldn't be here and I came back in that first Monday morning back on the air. I didn't get that text at ten oh one, and that's when I realized he's really gone. No, he's not gone. His memories are here. And people tell me all the time all my successes because he's making sure that's a case. And I know in your case, your father Don is doing the same thing. But I know exactly what.
Speaker 26: You're talking about absolutely, And I feel so fortunate too, because in a lot of cases people lose somebody like that, they only have a few texts, you know, a few maybe a voicemail whatever. Well, I can go to YouTube or turn on your show and you know, listen to your impression of him and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not terrible. You know it's getting better.
Speaker 26: Just called me a minute before getting on Here was the great bow Needle.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well he's very proud of you. I spoke to Bowl yesterday. Now he's aware of what you're doing with the horses. Yes, now you got to hit him for you got to hit him up with cash because and I love bo too. He's an uncle to me. He's he's no longer a friend now he's my relative. He said, I got guys who want to invest. So the fact that you mentioned bowl is the perfect transition Wyat to tell the folks exactly what you're doing today, which Ball was interested in and wants to help. And the beauty of it is going back to your late great father. It was a dream of his that has now become a reality. Tell me audience about that.
Speaker 26: Well, absolutely, you know he a lot of people, I mean, I'm sure people know, but a lot of people don't really recognize that he was raised on a forty thousand acre cattle ranch between Kingman and Seligman, Arizona. My grandfather had a big ranch out there for years before he passed away, and they raised Herford cattle. So that all those years him wearing the cowboy hat, it wasn't a stick of any kind like he was cowboy through and through. You know, he was the real life John Wayne. So when he he and my mother found a Diamus ranch for kids with cancer, they took all the values that embodied great cowboys from the way he was raised and they implemented it in helping these kids with cancer for years in New Mexico. You know, as you pointed out before I came on, raised millions and millions of dollars to help, you know, SIDS and all the kids with cancer and everything. Well, when I got old enough and started roping and liking horses and being around horses, we got into that aspect of it more, which is, you know, the performance horse side of like ranch life in the Western way of life. If you ever watched Yellowstone, really popular show, love loved it.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I told you this off the year, but it's great. And I live in and I'm a Brooklyn kid. You know, I'm not gonna lie I did. I rode a horse on a vacation in Cyprus on the beach last summer. Before that, it was twelve years ago upstate, So I'm not exactly John Wayne, but I was addicted to that show until they got rid of Kevin Koshner. But nevertheless, it made me appreciate cowboy life in the great state of Montana exactly.
Speaker 26: Well. He did a phenomenal job, Taylor Sheridan being of demonstrating how the Western performance horses and that side of it tied into ranching, So that was what that was. My dad started about ten or eleven years ago when we moved to the ranch here in Brenham, Texas, which is where he did his final sign off that you played. He started a performance hors program and you raise and train high level athletes, the equine athletes, and you compete on them. Well, his dream was that the industry in itself would get to the point where it was like, you know the Kentucky Derby, which is coming up here in a couple of weeks, where you know, the purses were big, the money was big. You know, people really wanted to be involved, and it's it's arrived. What what he was hoping would happen has happened. But wow, the industry has reached a point now where you know, it's a it's a multi billion dollar industry. I mean there there's events that pay out millions of dollars to a single horse. I mean the involvement has escalated to the point where you know, in the next couple of years it'll be it'll rival an event like the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 3: Brus And and you're telling me why again for the folks that aren't into it as much. Now, this is a business investment. You don't got to be living on a ranch in Texas to make money, right right, But you're telling me similar like it. They're not race horses, not the Kentucky Derby, so similar like maybe the dog show, the Westminster Dog Show. These are show horses.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it similar in that title, that type of competition, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 26: It's it's relatively similar, but in the sense where I, you know, take him to events and compete on them in an event which is called team roping. And you might have my dad. He used to beat everybody to death with all my run you know, he played constantly and you know some one guy's on a horse, another guy's on a horse, come out rope steer, and you know that's how it goes. So that's the event and the horses we raise that we show them in and like you're saying, it's reached a point where you don't have to you don't have to have a backyard for your horse to be involved nowadays. You know, it's at such a level now where we manage the horses as agents and they are high level athletes and they We raise them, train them, and let them perform on the biggest stages all around the country. And they went a lot of money. So it's exactly like you're saying, you don't have to even ever sit on one. You don't have to sit on a horse to own one or to be involved or to benefit from them.
Speaker 3: So what is the easiest way for somebody listening in Brooklyn or Stuttn Island right now, why it to get involved in this? Take some money?
Speaker 26: I mean, the easiest way to get involved would be to just contact me. I mean, we're we're on the rise. My dad started a legacy program that I've carried on and we were at an amazing point. And you know, here's the deal. I'm a I'm a man of the people like he was. So if you want to talk to me, you can call me. You call my number or text me. My number'd be eight three to two nine nine to two four six eight seven and uh four six eighty seven actually spelled Imus, which is kind of cool. And then we have a presence on social media. We have an Instagram, a TikTok, a Facebook. It's at Imus Ranch. We're always happy to engage with anybody yeah, so that's those are great ways to get involved.
Speaker 3: You know, your father right now is saying, did my son just give out his cell phone number? With millions of people listening? Now you to get like naked drunk text from Justin Elligo at like four o'clock in the morning on a Sunday.
Speaker 26: White, I didn't say that was my personal number. Okay, good, that's the number you can reach me.
Speaker 3: I got it. So, so the ranch is still the Imus Ranch. And do you guys still do some of the stuff with the kids and all that or have you basically moved on from that? And because I know you're in charge of you have a look about one hundred horses. Have you moved on from that or is that still part of the of the daily life on the Imis Ranch.
Speaker 26: It's not a part of the daily life as far as kids coming out and being involved anymore. But we still have The Imish Ranch Foundation donate millions of dollars to causes every single year. You know, my mother, she's on the board of the Children's Health Defense, you know, battling for children's health, and we support veterans. You know, there's a huge event every year in the fall and we support there's a big event in Fort Worth, Texas. We donate money and support veterans who come out and they learn how to ride horses, learn how to rope, to compete, learn kind of about the cowboy way of life. And I mean we're very involved that way through the Imish Ranch Foundation. But the Imish Ranch here in Brenham, Texas is specifically just about performance horses, about what my dad started a little over a decade ago, and that's what we're physically focused on. But and again you undation is a well.
Speaker 3: In live right, But again you you you oversee about one hundred horses. Is that about right?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 26: Is that the number about fifty fifty you know, fifty between you know, performance horses that are ages three to six years old that are either getting ready to start their competition career or in the middle of their competition career. And then you know it's like brood mares, which are which are female horses who carry babies. That's their only job is to produce folds. And yeah, you're links two year old, three year old, four year olds. If you add them all up, it's about fifty horses.
Speaker 3: About fifty horses. So what what part of your dad's job, whether it was w opinion or are you on born? I guess I guess you what maybe at the end of that stay, but WABC, what part of all that do you miss the most? If you miss any of it?
Speaker 26: I mean his impact was I mean he could make phone calls and make things happen for you. Yeah, yeah, the drop of a hat. I mean that was unbelievable. And you know, there's so many people who just say, man, I would love to hear what your dad had to say about this. Yeah, and knowing that he had that impact, I mean just like you know, Bo tells me that you're you're the biggest deal in New York.
Speaker 3: Now, oh I'm huge. Uh yeah, I mean I'm right there with your father. I know it sounds crazy, you can't believe it. I was at TOPI Sports Guy and your father showed twenty years ago, but I'm right there. I'm right there.
Speaker 26: He'd be extremely proud, he would he would undoubtedly.
Speaker 3: Have his notes, but he was, well, I'm sure he's very very proud of you. In fact, you are, according to your mommy getting married in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 26: I have a fiance getting married in October Jordan Meek. She's I'll tell you something really interesting about not about her, but it was just about the whole situation was years ago, the great Bill White, who's now the Ambassador of Belgium.
Speaker 3: Yes, just so, just so you know, when he comes on the show, which is every now and then, I introduced Bill White as my favorite homosexual.
Speaker 26: Yeah, my dad used to call him the rear Admiral.
Speaker 3: That's right. That was a great line, great lineastic.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Well, he was raising a bunch of money for the Intrepid, you know, Bill used to mister Bill White used to do all that, and my dad was helping him raise some money for the Intrepid. And two marines came on my dad's show to talk about it, and he had him on. And my dad was a marine, he served. And anyway, one of the marines that was on the show and sat there and talked to my dad was my fiance's father.
Speaker 3: No kidding. Yeah, how many years ago was that conversation?
Speaker 26: That had to be almost twenty years ago?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what are the odds of that?
Speaker 25: I know?
Speaker 26: And that crazy We didn't figure it out until three or four years ago. I was I was at my in laws for the holidays, and her dad, Jim Meek, he served Marines for over two decades. He flew to ospree he said, you know, I've met your father and he told me the story, and I went back and found it and yeah, that they'd met and talked and everything years ago.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable. So do you miss New York at all? I know I could see you like a little kid running around the studios at the radio station and here in New York and Connecticut obviously as well. Your mom and dad had a nice place out there. Do you miss these coasts? Are you just so happy down there in Texas?
Speaker 26: I'm extremely happy in Texas.
Speaker 25: You know.
Speaker 26: We spent so much time in New Mexico with what my parents were doing out there, and the cowboy way of life is something that I've really loved since I was little, you know, and my dad embodied that, and I always grew up I wanted to be just like him.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 26: Love where I am and I love what we're doing, and I love the cowboy lifestyle. But New York's the greatest city in the world, and I would I wouldn't trade anything for being raised there. Obviously by two incredible parents.
Speaker 3: Good for you. Well, you're an amazing kid. I gotta say, Wyatt, and uh, i've known you all the way I mean pretty much, not pretty much, I guess, yeah, pretty much a whole lot. I guess you're about six when I first met you. But you're clearly doing a great job. One more time For the folks out there that are interested, like Bo Diedle, Bo is investing in this. He's got a lot of friends or investing as well. We love Bo. He's on every Tuesday. For folks who do want to get involved, give out the website, any numbers, any way to make it easy on these folks to get involved. Today.
Speaker 26: Instagram is at i'm as Ranch, super easy, messages, d m us whatever, super responsive. We have a presence on TikTok and Facebook, which is all at Imus Ranch. My personal Instagram is at Wyatt i' miss official. You have to go to the official one. Some kid hacked my old one years ago at White i' miss official and then you can reach me at eight three to two nine nine two four six eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven, which spells I miss why. It's great to catch up with you again. Obviously, your father has a special place in our hearts here. I mean, all the success that we're enjoying today, none of this would have happened without your dad. So you know, I I know when you talk about the old time greats that your dad is right there at the very top of the list, the very top of the list. So I just I'm glad. I'm glad that you and I had the chance to talk, and your mother and I had a chance to talk, and you sound great. I'm excited for you, and we'll keep bringing you back, you and your mom and continue this relationship which is now two decades old. Whyet I miss, Thank you so much, Thank you very much. God bless your pal. Whyatt I miss right here on sitting friends in the morning. What a great kid, huh, twenty seven years old and doing some big things out there in the state of Texas. I'm sure Deirdre, I know de is very very proud. I'm sure somewhere his dad Don is very proud as well. We're going to take a short we still have two more great guests to come. Bruce Blakeman's going to be here. Peter King is going to be here. Thank you, White. I miss The Wednesday edition I'm sitting Friends in the morning, rolls on, Here you go, Wyatt, Little Tom Sawyer, Rush Sid.
Speaker 20: And Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Peter Prampton, the Great Peter Brampton celebrating his seventy sixth birthday today and me and Louis celebrating with him nine oh six on what is now a rainy Wednesday morning here in New York City. Promises to be gorgeous tomorrow, which is good because I'm going to be out on Trump National in New Jersey seventy four sunny tomorrow. They're not so nice, I guess, sir, cooler at least. What is the before we get to Peter King? What is the forecast gnome after tomorrow? It's been such a wildly inconsistent weather pattern.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it is not good, like it's in the fifties and sixties into the middle of next week.
Speaker 3: On Yeah, you know it's so happy. My friend roll you know that is I don't know Raoul. No, he owns a Portofino tanning salon Raoul. I'm not how to say his name exactly.
Speaker 6: So they can't get the sun for free if it's not out, so they I.
Speaker 3: Gotta go to him. Yeah, because once the weather gets nice, I'm mi I A can't find me because I'm outside getting sun. So for example, let's say May first, we want to stretch of three months where it's eighty and sunny, whatever it is, unless it's like a rainy pattern during the summer, I don't go to the tanning salon. I come back when the weather's not good, which is now like seven months a year here. But he's got me still coming because I can't streak together three or four nice days. So it's good for the tanning salon business. Do you own a tanning salon?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 6: Do I go to a tanning salun?
Speaker 3: No you own one. I do not own a one, though, should buy one in Jersey City. It's good, good one.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's probably safer to get your tan that way. I would imagine. No, it's not the sun, it's not Do you do the lights or the spray on?
Speaker 3: I do everything. Oh some days, I swear to God, I do both. Like I have a really big big event and they called it double dipping. I forget what they call it, but I'll go into the bed for like ten minutes and then spray myself for like, I don't know what is.
Speaker 6: The place that there is a woman spraying you or is it a machine that sprang you?
Speaker 3: I go to places that I both got to go full right. Well, no, you do have underwear on, but it's still kind of weird. I don't know. And just you know, the spray is freezing cold, the tear spray, so jumping into the ocean like the Polar Club guys do.
Speaker 19: So she stands like a foot away from you, Like how close is she getting to you? And she sprang you all over?
Speaker 21: Is it a power spray?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, that's a good question. Is it a power spray?
Speaker 21: And is there a different levels? If like you shouldn't go down to this number? This, this will kill you?
Speaker 6: I want that right, This is Tracy Morgan version, right, Yeah, I answer your question.
Speaker 3: She's not that far away from me. I would say five feet, And there are different levels of darkness. That's what I'm And I guess you could probably guess that I get the Sammy Davis hu.
Speaker 6: It doesn't look like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, like I walk out and I'm darker than ninety five percent of black people in the world. Yeah, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Well, you could just go play for the Globe Trotters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. The Globe Trotters were What the hell were they? They were in some place a couple of weeks ago. Oh, in Rome? Did you see them? They were actually at the Vatican with the Pope. The Pope was spinning the basketball, not being serious. He was spinning the basketball with the Hallam Globe Trotters. So the day before he eviscerrated President Trump, the Pope he was spinning the basketball with the Hallam Globe Trotters.
Speaker 6: Is a curly and meadow ark lemon still there?
Speaker 3: I think, sure, they're still there.
Speaker 2: Go with that.
Speaker 21: I think pe Osby I think was filling it right.
Speaker 3: I think so that's right. Yeah. At center, Peter King is well. I always say King, Giuliani, Giuliani, King, and whichever order you want to do it. Since I'm alive and I just turned fifty nine, they're the best politicians I've seen in New York. Pete was a valued congressman for almost four decades and Homeland Security and now he's on the station and he's really smart, and he's a met band. He knows everything about everything. We love Pete King. So Pete, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I've been waiting now on whole for twenty five minutes. Remind me of the days when you and Imush and Bernard and Charles be talking away and I've been sitting in Washington waiting for you guys to let me on.
Speaker 3: So I thought, that's funny.
Speaker 7: I was back in the past.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was just donuts me again.
Speaker 3: You know how many years now that you said that? I mean, clearly you and I must have met there. I often forget where I meet people, but like you and Bow, that all started on Imus, and I tell people when I got basically excommunicated and how to work in Florida for the better part of a decade. Even more that you and Bowl you guys came on my shows in Miami. That meant a lot to me getting back here in New York's. I'll always love you for that. But how many years are you on the Imus show?
Speaker 7: I said, I come on like in the mid nineties. I think when I was in Congress. I got elected Congress in ninety two, and I'd say within the first year or two I was I was on with Imus. I'd be on once or twice a month, I guess. I wow. The best part of that was Bernie would call me first, because you know, then you couldn't Dana Washington, you couldn't hear what was being said in New York. It was out of this, you know, the yeah, the radios. Bernie would tell me what Imus was mad about, what he might attack me on, and that was good the phone, you know, then they get on with Imus called me a crook or a thief or something, you know, and we go from there.
Speaker 3: You know, he was great with that Benaughty. The guy that always tells the same story, you just it is Phil Simms. Phil Simms a great quarterback for the Giants. Him and Jim Nance had recurring roles on I Miss and Phil would call in and he would say, Bernie, what kind of mood is he I'm man in today? And Bernie would say, well, take a guess, Phil, what do you think? Phil? And He's like, oh my god, with this Kentucky drawl.
Speaker 25: You know.
Speaker 3: But it was all part of the fun. And you know, I still say to everybody that cares that nobody had a bigger influence on my career.
Speaker 7: And what I do.
Speaker 3: Then I missed, so talking to his kid was will Coole. Iron Wyatt is now twenty seven years old and he's making a great living and he's about to get married, and theaters doing terrific too, So that's all good stuff. I could tell you. The imuses are doing much better right now than I think we are in Iran. You know, it depends what you talk to, but you know, I speak to people on the inside. They've got some people in and around Trump who loved Trump like I do. They love them, and they're very frustrated. They're like, what are we doing here? What's what's going on? What is the end game? What is the finish? Why do we keep stopping with these cease buyers and these extensions. Why don't we just finish the job. And I'm hearing more and more of that peter from people that are around the president a lot.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm going to say this been critical because I supported going into Iran. I still do, but I think the president of a mistake you may made early on was somehow thinking this is going to be a quick war, it's going to be over in a few days. It's gonna be an unconditional surrender, and you have to condition to the American people and say, listen, we are doing this because we don't want you with your children and grandchildren blown apart by nuclear weapons. And sometime this has before. We're doing it now, but it's not going to be easy. So if you have to pay an extra dollars dollar and a half for gas for a few months to save lives later on, we have to do it now. That wasn't done. It was sort of implied the world will be over in a few weeks. So now the American people are not on inside with the war. I mean to be this early in the war, when I have fifty five sixty percent of the people against it, it's dangerous to be And Iran knows that. They also say the way the Mediev is piling on the president and they just feel they can they can wave them out. And also, you know this is not a real estate deal. You know you'd whitcup over there negotiating, but you're up against ideologues. These guys. This is not like Russia or China or even North Korea where those leaders want to live. These guys don't care if they die. This is totally different from really any other world we've been in. So it's not like you can, you know, devastate their infrastructure where you can knock out their leadership and somehow they're going to surrender or they're going to make a deal. And a deal even implies that these guys are rationally they're not. So this to me is a long haul and I don't think we can do that now. With a long haul, I think Grand Fields they can wait us south. They can take almost infinite amount of punishment. So we have to get the traits open. We have to get something on the nuclear weapons of the the of the uranium and try and go for It's not gonna be easy now, but we can't. So this is not a game that Donald Trump is playing. He's doing the right thing by being there, but we have to. I think he's gonna have to somehow, you know, limit the goals right now, and he has to come out ahead. But it's not gonna be the victory that I think we could have had.
Speaker 3: No because you know, he's wiped out a whole bunch of leaders there, him and his we have no question about it. Nice joint up but by Trump and BBI, but they still have IRGC leadership. So what good is it? Yeah, they killed a lot of people.
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 3: We killed a lot of people. We killed a lot, and we blew up a lot of stuff, and we certainly hurt their nuclear you know, weapons making going forward. There's no question even dating back to Midnight Hammer, back over the summer. But if we leave now with the IRGC still in charge, right, not call any but the IRGC is still in charge, then we're not that far away from Iran being right back where they were a year ago.
Speaker 7: No, not not really. I think the weapons have been probably knocked back at least five minutes and years, I would think, I mean, I'm not there anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta tell you, I saw a report from NBC last night that said that Pete hegg Satt is basically lying that Iran still has a arsenal a huge amount of weapons. That's what NBC said last night. You know, and I keep seeing these crazy stories about Russian submarines arriving in Iran with more weaponry. I don't know if any of that is true. But NBC did report last night that according to a very very solid Pentagon source, that Iran's weaponry is still very high, not nearly the percentage that the administration is trying to sell us that is now gone.
Speaker 7: Well, I have a lot of faiths in General Kane and he gives much better numbers than that. If I had to choose between General Kane and WNB or NBC, I would go with General Kane. Also, I'm sure there's people in the Pentagon who hate Pete Heggs says, dislike President Trump, and I can see them waking ourselves at NBC. You can play with numbers anyway you want, but I would think again, I have a lot of faith in General Kane. Whether the number is that good or not, I don't know, but there's certainly much much un better than with this worst darter.
Speaker 3: I had our mutual friend Anthony Desposito Peter on the show a couple of days ago, and you were the first on this show to say he's not running again, and you're right, you know your stuff. He has decided to stay as President Trump's Inspector General for the Labor Department. He's doing a tremendous job, Anthony, uncovering billions of dollars like Leezelton is doing at the EPA. Maybe that's why Lee stays there and Harmeat Dillon replaces Todd Blanche. I don't know, but Anthony did admit on this show publicly a couple of days ago he is not gonna run for Congress again. So it's great news for Anthony that he's doing so well and Trump still wants him. But I'm not sure it's great news for Congress that Laura Gillon looks like may I have another win? Although you like this lady Driscoll, she'll be taking on Gillen next time around.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, Janine Driscoll's gonna be a great candidate. Listen. Always one Anthony to Ronnie couldn't do it. But Janine Driscoll is a first rate candidate. She's been at an elective officer in Naso County for a number of years. She's a four law school graduate. She's active in the community. If she handles herself very well, very article, If she's smart and she's going to give a lower gill In more than a run for money, she's going to take her out. I mean, Janine is ready to go. I've went to the last few days. Joe Cairo had a massive event last night at the Garden City Hotel. She gave a great speech. He really roused the crowd. So now Janine is going to do a terrific job in the campaign. People have to get behind her, and they have to realize that, first of all, even under the worst of circumstances, this is a five or six point race. You put a good Republican candidate. We have a great Republican candidate in there. She's going to win. But we got to get behind her. We can't find cand some Republican somewhere finding something if you said eight years ago they may disagree with or not. We have to get together as a party and standing with her. Anthony I know, is strongly for her. Joe Cairol was strongly for Bruce Blakeman was with her last night. Bruce and I were with Janie sitting at the table with her. Now she's going to do a great again campaign. And uh, Michael Petrie of Nicoloda, I mean, Long Island has good members of Congress running and so we gotta we have to get rid of this defeatis attitude, and we got to get out front arguing why it's been such a great, great achievement by the President and with the Republican Congress, and you just get you get their act together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, toll driscoll to. I'll put her on so I'll help her try to win this race. You mentioned La Petrie. He's running against Tom Swazi again. I like Michael Lott. He's been in the studio a couple of times, so this campaign and the last one, he'll be back. So Lalita Garbarino, are they all running again?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Gobrino was definitely running. Yeah, Mike Andrews. The sharing of the Homeland Security Committee vitally important to New York and Long Island. Lolada is running. Uh and again Michael Petrie is running. The last time around, I mean actually very little attention was focused on his race. All of our attention was on Anthony and Mike. I came within like two points of winning. So now he's been getting getting geeted up for this now for the last six eight months, part of this solely behind him. He's running strong. So that's that's a real strong possibility for us, maybe a probability. And Janine she's in getting in the race late, but still I mean in the first year that I ran, I think it into July because we had all reapportionment fight going on in New York and the districts rover and drawn and I ended up winning. So no, she's not been can do it. She's gonna do it, and she's really she's she's a tough fighter, strong woman, a very gifted attorney, very popular local elected officials. So now she's going to do it. But again people have to get behind her.
Speaker 3: And is mas he Pillop one funny thing this time around?
Speaker 7: And yes, actually she's running for reelections the county legislature. She was elected h the other legislators last year for a two year term, but the Democrats in over they changed her from two year to one year because they figured that in the president and they go natorial year, they had a better chance of picking up those local seats. So Marzie has to run again.
Speaker 2: She'll do well.
Speaker 7: I've always said we never won in the Great Neck area since the War of eighteen twelve. Marzie won and she wins big every and the first time she ran, by the way, she has delivered the twins. Two weeks before, three weeks before, she was out campaign at the train station on election morning.
Speaker 3: Wow. No, she's amazing. I love Marzi. I wish I was stronger. I always say this first time she ran against Swazi, but I've grown to love that woman. You were right about that, Pete, All right, Pete, we gotta ended with this twelve straight losses. Again, for me, it's not about the wins and losses. I've rooted for horrible Met teams, teams that were managed by Joe Tory, teams from way back when that would lose one hundred games. So it's not about wins and losses. When you combine the fact that I hate the politics and there are two woke for me and they can't win, the Mets are a very difficult product to love these days.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, listen, I've been with the Mets since day you want. I remember the first year when they lost one hundred and twenty games, so they were that was that was tough. You're sitting under the polo grounds watching that. No, listen, they have a lot of good team and I really blamed Sterns for that, and he traded away. He gutted the heart and soul of the Metsica got rid of guys like Alonso, Nimo and McNeil. They let Diaz go and so there's there's nothing, there's no core of the team and Soto, even though he got a good numbers ye last year, he was not really the solo. That team windows up and down by getting the good players. But other than that, they get, you know, the guys who really kept the team going well, especially with Door and Nimo McGreal. Maybe slows down a bit, but the other Door are really going strong. So anyway, that was it, and there was no real need for it. It seemed like Sterns want to somehow create a team in his image, and maybe he has. Unfortunately, and it's said, you know, not doing well. I know you've gone over the Yankees. I see where you're coming from. But to me, they have to give some reason why they really let those good players go, and it just it's bad. It really does.
Speaker 15: Know.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna leave the match, but I have a hard time for the first time in sixty four years, have a hard time getting excited. I really even I watched the game for a few winnings and sometimes you're gonna watch it and I don't know, maybe leave me go and watch the Yankee game every now you don't care.
Speaker 3: And I got to get Steve Cohen on and maybe answer some of those valid questions, Peter King, that you're raising and every Metman is raising. Maybe Cohen will stop by and give us some answers at any rate. As always, you've got all the answers, your great another fantastic appearance, and your friend Bruce Blakeman is coming up next. So Nassau County owns this hour, Peter King, Thank.
Speaker 7: You so much, Governor Blakeman, he's the man. You got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, buddy, love you, I love you, Thank you, yeah, Governor Blakeman. You know, talking about the Yankees too. You guys remember last year when Vinnie Viola, my dear friend, Vinnie Viola, mister Virtue owns the Florida Panthers and they've won the last two Stanley Cups. They're not going to repeat because he didn't make the playoffs this year, but nevertheless, Vinnie has built a powerhouse hockey club down in Florida. And you may remember last year when Vinnie actually had one night this Proxya DCD America night in Sunrise. The Panthers that night, I think played the Seattle Kraken and I was there, Danielle was there. Gabriel, Gabriel's old teacher, Missus Rosenberg, believe it or not, from the JCC in Boca. It was a great crowd and I'm not going to tell you how much, but the Panthers were very generous and our organization, this Proxyadcdamerica dot org, did well that night. So when Justin you were with me last week at the Yankee game, yep, and I went up to my new bff, your dear friend, Randay Levine, the president of the Yanks, and I said, listen, Vinnie did this. Oh no, now we gotta do it. He said, you could have my suite, and you know, you'll pick a game and you could have the suite. We'll invite some old Yankee players back the Yankees represent you like with a check like the Florida Panthers did, and you can have this proxya DCD American Night at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 23: That's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: And Steve Cohen has not offered me that. Steve col won't even call me. I'm like, it doesn't matter. You want Yankee Stadium over city, No, of course, not even close, not even close. And we actually discussed dates yesterday, me and Stephanie, Randy Levine's assistant.
Speaker 23: That'll be fantastic.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for that. I think it's gonna be in August, but I will hopefully have confirmation today on the series The Game the Day and the Yankees coming up big for Gabriel Rosenberg and people who have been diagnosed with the sproxia all over the world. That's the Yanks for you. We'll take a short break, we'll come back. We are going to talk to the next governor here in New York, the great Bruce Plateman. Lots more to do before I hand the football off to Brian kill Mead in about forty minutes. The Wednesday addition of Sitting Friends in the Morning rolls out.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Another great song right here, tempted by Squeeze, and this goes back to is it Paul krick Lewis he's celebrating a birthday today?
Speaker 7: You got it?
Speaker 21: He's the guy singing right now? Oh really, kay, he's the first singing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's great. Also, we played Ace Earliers in that band and no I know he is. And Michael the Mechanics. Good call here with Paul Carrick and Squeezes. One of my favorite groups. So you see a lot of folks like my new profile picture. It's my new profile picture. I took down me in Trump. I'll put it back up in there. Ron Moore is over, got him tired of that, so I it's been me in Trump for a long time. So I took it down, even on my own cell phone. And the picture instead is the picture of me we'reing the Yankee jersey stepping on the face and the body of mister met with Yankee stadium has the backdrop. Is not a great picture of justin It's really funny. It's great. Who the hell sent me that? I forgot? I did see it, so Coyzell, I forget who. But anyway, I love that picture and it's now the profile picture on all my social media. And it's funny because I was just saying last segment that in the spirit of Vinie Viola and the Florida Panthers, Randy Levine love him, and the Yankees already willing and able to put together this Proxya DCD America day from my son, and they already got back to me this morning already, Stephanie and gave me the two dates I wanted they said you could have either one. So it looks like Saturday August at twenty second, with the Yankees hosting the Toronto Blue Jays, we'll have our very first ever this proxyer DCD America Day at the Yankee Stadium. Thank you, Randy and Stephanie and the New York Yankees. That's a beautiful thing you're doing for me, Danielle and Gabriel Yankees, Blue Jays, and of course you're all invited. But the only real Yankee man on this staff is Justin, so he'll be about Justin. But Lewis Sill still call me though. You're a met fan, right he certainly? Will you think we'll get to walk on the field? Probably yes, Oh my god, yeah, take it easy, geez. Now, maybe not you.
Speaker 7: I don't know you.
Speaker 3: Anybody but that guy.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. You think I can smell here in Judge's jock after the game, that's it. Yeah, I'm gonna wear it on my head after the game.
Speaker 6: That's all Judges jock five to donate.
Speaker 3: And I just got a text from Joseph A. Bood because the Yankees are going to beat the Red Sox again tonight. Sorry, Joseph. But it reminds me that, you know, I didn't talk to Joseph for many years. And Danielle went and ran the Boston Marathon nine years ago, four years after the Boston bombing, which was thirteen years ago, and I saw Joel Bood. I was in the hotel in Boston, sitting at the Red Sox game, which is played eleven o'clock every Monday morning on Patriot Day, sitting on Nesson. He was sitting there in the stands. I'm like, I gotta text this guy. And we reconnected about nine years ago and now we talk every day. He texted me he's such a lovely guy. And you know, I go back. The first ever public event we ever did for this Proxya at the time it was called the Spotlight Foundation, was that Joseph Sabood's old store, his beautiful men's clothing store in Zelnis Building, forty ninth in Madison. And it was a great night. John Starks and Chas Palmontarian, a whole bunch of famous people showed up, but a whole bunch of friends and family showed up. That was our first ever event for a foundation, So thank you for that. Joseph. Well, take a break when we get back. He is currently the National County Executive, but I'm telling you, folks, he's going to be the next governor in our great state of New York. My brother, my dear friend, Bruce Blateman back on SITT and Brends in the Morning, next.
Speaker 20: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast network, as.
Speaker 3: Poor guy's been on whole forever. It's almost election time. The two time Nasal County executive, the current Nasau County Executive, but my enthusiastic choice for governor and many others.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: Almost every day somebody stops me says, boy, Bruce gonna win. I say, you gonna win. He's gonna win. So here he is, mister governor, Bruce Blakeman, Bruce, are you a metman or a Yankee fan? And don't tell me both because you're about to be governor? And blah blah blah. Are you a metman or a Yankee fan?
Speaker 2: Now, listen, I've been a Yankee fan my whole wife. Oh you know, listen, I didn't know that you were friends with Randy Levine. What a great guy that guy is.
Speaker 3: He texted me literally forty five seconds ago because I texted him first. I thanked him for he's actually giving us his suite so he could have a charity event, our charity for Gabriel to this proxy DCD America Saturday, August of twenty second at the Stadium, Yankees hosting the Jays. I hopefully he'll be there, Bruce. It'll be a beautiful Saturday afternoon for the Yanks. That type of guy Randy is. And you know I've been to the stadium three or four times or ready this year in his suite two or three times.
Speaker 25: He is.
Speaker 3: He's just a lovely Everybody loves Randy Levine in this town.
Speaker 2: Everybody, right, everybody does. First of all, Gabriel looks great. I saw him out Thank You with you and Danielle the other night. He looks terrific. But let me say this about Randy Levine. He's a great New Yorker. What he's done with the Yankees is remarkable. But what he does for charity and what he does for public service. You know, he was appointed by President Trump to this commission that's looking to straighten out the chaos in college sports.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 2: And if anybody can figure it out, Randy Ken because the nil's out of control, the transfer portal's out of control. They got to do something or they'll destroy college sports, said Hi.
Speaker 3: Actually he started reaching out to Randy because of that. Because I watched that day. I'm an avid sports guy like you, and I see President Trump and Mike Johnson and Marco Rubio. Then I see Tiger Woods, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and oh my god, there's Randy Levine. Now what you just did. I know it's not the most important thing, Okay, but I'm being serious about this. This goes to show you how smart, diverse, short, New York everything about you, what you just did, and I yell college Trump the White House. Kathy Hokle couldn't do that in the Milanius.
Speaker 27: Now.
Speaker 3: I know she likes football. I know what I get it. She has fantasies about Josh Allen, the Buffalo Bills quarterback. I'm sick of hearing that to Okay, enough with that. But when you look at Bruce Blateman, the all around guy is a boxer, loves his New York teams, big Yankee fan, big strong guy, saving Nassau County, making it the most the safest county anywhere in America. Family involved in politics for a long time. Your brother very impressive guy too. When I look at the like the tail of the tape, like before a big box between Hochal and Blakeman, I'm gonna say this, Bruce. People are gonna say, you just love Bruce. Maybe that's true. It's not even close. You kill her.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the most unaffordable state in the United States. Our electric bills are out of control, our taxes are out of control. It's just not a place where businesses want to create new jobs. So that changes on January one, when I become governor. I'm gonna cut tax I'm gonna cut you untility costs in half. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about today, Sid because today, while we're on this subject of sports, I am announcing, for my fifth time as County Executive, the opening of the Games for the physically Challenged. We sponsor that in Nasau County, for the whole metropolitan area, the whole state of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut. It's like a mini Olympics for everybody that has a disability. And you know it, that's something that makes my job worthwhile to see these kids compete. It's pure athletics. They're great athletes. So you know, I know that's something that you love, and that's something that we're doing this morning. And I urge everybody if you want to put a smile on your face, you want to feel good about yourself, go out to the games. So they're physically challenged. I'll get you all the information on it said, but it's something that really puts a smile on my face. And I'm so happy to be doing it for the fifth time.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is awesome. I love that stuff. Special Olympics. And you know when I go watch Daniel won a marathon, for example, and I see people that don't have legs and they're able to complete the twenty six plus mile race. And I don't know exactly what type of disabilities or ailments or physical limitations these brave people have that are about to compete in Nassau County. But anybody who watches that stuff, if you don't shut a tear, you're not human. Just beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all the above. We have everything, Uh, any kind of disability and uh, these kids compete, it's it's their day to shine.
Speaker 2: So Uh. So that's a great thing that we're doing here. And again it's not only just in Nassau County. We have athletes from Connecticut, New Jersey, uh, all over New York State and uh that's that's one of the things that you know, makes it worthwhile to get up every morning and go do your job.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's a one day event, Bruce, is it? You give me the whole rundown.
Speaker 2: It's a two day event. They bust the kids in, they're they're put up in dormitories and hotels and they they compete as if it was the Olympics. I'm gonna get you all the information on SID. But it's a great thing. But getting back to Kathy Hoko, you know she wants to raise taxes on rich people. Again, SID, when you raise taxes, aren't rich people. They have choices. They're gonna buy a second home in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Miami, Florida, Boca Rattan, Charleston, South Carolina. They're not gonna stick around here. Kathy Hoko's gonna sock it to them, and that's gonna hurt our little local businesses, our dry cleaners, our restaurants, our pharmacies, the coffee shop. It's gonna hurt plumbers and carpenters. It's really a bad idea. And it's just more spend spend, spend, tax, tax, tax, make it less affordable for people to live in the state.
Speaker 3: And you made the point a lot lately, then you're right about it that she is more in tune with Mom Donnie than she sometimes wants us to believe she is. She's lockstep. So if she wins, if God forbid she wins, she won't. But if God forbid she wins, and you think Mom Donnie has power and is bad, now, the two of them will absolutely speed up the destruction of this city and the state. There's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 2: Zooran Mundami is running the Democratic Party now, he's running the state of New York along with AOC and Kathy Hokal. Comrade Kathy, who is a person that is so scared of Mandami that she will do anything to please him, and she's demonstrated that time and time again. This guy wants to open up city grocery tours. He wants to take four years to open five grocery stores. John Cassibatiti's could open five grocery stores in three months for probably one fifth the price. He wants to spend thirty million dollars on city grocery stores, and Kathy just sits there, nods her head's grins as if this was a great idea. It's a terrible idea, terrible.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's thirty million just for one, so he said, initially, this liar, that is going to cost seventy million, which is an average of fourteen million apiece to build one in every borough. As it turns out, only one is thirty million. Multiply that by five. Now you're spending one hundred and fifty which is more than twice of the seventy million. Plus he's already said a lot of the products inside those stores will be very expensive. So it's a complete mess. None of it makes sense. None of it makes any sense. So right now you're in great position. People say to me, they go, let me ask you something. I love Bruce. He's the right guy again. He's strong, he's got a great track record. He wins in Nassau County. There are more Democrats than Republicans in Nasau County. Not only does Bruce Blateman win. He wins by a good amount. So clearly Democrats and independence in Nassau County like the work that you do. But I guess what they bring up is, does Bruce spend a lot of time in Syracuse, in Rochester, in Albany, in Utica, in Binghamton and all those even Monticello by my mom, all those places that are dying between no jobs and drugs. I say, yes, you're there all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was in Scohari County last week, Schuyler County the week before that, Columbia County, Broom County, Albany County, Columbia County, you name it, I've been there. I'm going up to Plattsburgh in the North Country by the Canadian border this weekend. We are getting around my Lieutenant governor candidate Todd Hood, who's the sheriff of Madison County. He's a police hero, great guy. He's traveling all around the state with me. We're going together. Plus we break up, we hit different areas, so we cover twice as much territory. Believe me, everywhere I go, people are miserable with Kathy Hogo and they want to change. They wanted more wardable state. They want a safer state where we respect the blue. You know, Sid I was thinking the other day after this whole thing with Detected with Sergeant Durant. Yeah, that you know, you're more likely to go to prison as a cop in New York than you are as a criminal because Kathy Hoko would cast his bail and raise the age and the halt deck. She's soft on criminals, but they are intensely hard and I believe unfairly hard on our cops in this state, no doubt.
Speaker 3: And that goes back to Cuomo too. Let me remind people they paroled about fifty cop killers. Okay, forgetting about the guy screwing over a Stephanie Dillar or not getting Guy Rovera on murder one, forget about this this idiot guy Mitchell sentencing Eric Durant to three to nine years. You got about fifty cop killers that are walking free in this state. So between Cuomo and Hokel, we've been in trouble for a long time. That's why I keep saying this. I mean this, Brue. The only way this state and city survive is if you win. I cannot emphasize that enough. And let me remind folks, Bruce Blakeman on this show, On this show said last week first that when he wins, not if. When he wins, he will pardon Eric Duran. Let me remind folks too that these two amazing days that are coming up in Nassau County that'll be Friday, May the twenty ninth and Saturday May the thirtieth at the Mitchell Athletic Complex at Nasau Community College. Athletes will compete in track and field, swimming, wheelchair basketball, and more So. It's Friday May twenty ninth and Saturday May the thirtieth at Nasau County Community College. As always, Bruce Blakeman, you're a mensch and you're gonna win. I'm gonna make sure of that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: When I do win, I'm gonna swear you in as mayor. When you win the election against Montani.
Speaker 3: I listen, if you win, now, excuse me again, the same thing when you win and O Danielle gonna kill me for saying this, but she's not to get over it. When you win, I'm gonna run. Okay.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 4: God blessed you too.
Speaker 2: Bruce. You're the kind of strong leader we need.
Speaker 3: Thank you, said Bruce, You're the absolute best. Thank you so much. We all love you. Next governor of New York right there, the current Nassau County executive, my dear friend, Bruce Blakeman votes. He's the only hope we've got. Trust me, I'm not being overly dramatic. I'm not exaggerating. You want to save this city and save this state, you go vote for Bruce Blakeman and pray to Hashem or Jesus, any god you've got that. Bruce Blateman is our next governor. But Don blu Rafino is always amazing job Today justin Elick Noam Layden to write a fetish God willing as Dean says, We'll all be back for a big Thursday show tomorrow morning at six. Until then, from all of us on Sitting Friends in the Morning, including Wyatt just texted me all of you, Peach.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 3: Hit that subscribe button on all.
Speaker 20: Major podcast platforms, Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck is going on here