Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. And one of the people of Colorado just going to get sick and tired of elected officials undermining justice and putting their lives directly at risk. I mean, you are never in more danger than you are unless you're a member of our military, police fire. You are never in more danger than you are when you are on the roadway. Yet systematically we see these lefties, we see the Colorado Democratic Party put you and your loved ones in more and more danger each and every day. And at what point are the voters going to say, I'm sorry on that issue alone, we cannot elect these Democrats anymore. Well, a big part of the problem I'm about to tell you about the latest outrage, but a big part of the problem is that people just don't know this right because stories like the story I'm about to give you that was done so well by Sean Boyd at CBS four.
Speaker 2: She's an exception because so.
Speaker 1: Many in the media now are just aligned to one extent or another, usually a lot with the Colorado Democratic Party, so they won't grab onto and pursue stories in the kind of detail, the kind of depth, the kind of day after day follow up that it takes for busy people and the people of Colorado are busy to really become aware of what's going on out there now. Far too often, right, people are becoming aware when all of a sudden, you know, it's their wife or their husband who doesn't come home, or they're a kid who doesn't come home tonight because of the carnage on our roadways. But yeah, this is not the kind of story the most in the media are going to sink their teeth into, because again it's not good for Colorado Democrats. So credit to Sean Boyd who is so often, so very independent and does such valuable reporting. So here's a story you're going to hear, and this is out of the eighteenth Repo County. I want to make sure everybody understands that my good friend in law partner, John Kellner is no longer the DA there. He is no longer the DA there. They have a new DA And listen to what happened in a Rapo County.
Speaker 3: A driver going twice the Swede woman in a residential area kills a young woman in a role. That driver is unlicensed, uninsured, and undocumented.
Speaker 4: On top of that, the victim's parents say he is also unaccountable. The Arapaho County District Attorney's office offered him probation community service as punishment for taking a life.
Speaker 3: Tonight, annisaur you'll see only on CBS Colorado, your reporter Sean Voyd talks to that young woman's parents, who say their plea deal devalues their daughter's life.
Speaker 2: She really spent her life wanting to help.
Speaker 5: People, John says his daughter Caitlin was a born caregiver, protective and supportive of siblings and strangers alike. A psychology major, she worked for a suicide hotline before taking a job at a drug rehab center in Aurora. It was there her dad says, she found her calling in life.
Speaker 6: She was really trying to make a difference in their lives every day.
Speaker 5: It was after one of those days last July, as she drove home her boyfriend on speaker a nearby ring camera recording, Caitlin Weaver was killed by a jeep barreling through a residential neighborhood. The speed limit forty five. The driver, investigators say, was doing more than ninety.
Speaker 6: She didn't even see him coming, that's how fast he was going. She was effectively killed instantly.
Speaker 5: Michelle and John Weaver removed their daughter from life support two days later.
Speaker 2: How did you shathom that loss?
Speaker 5: She was twenty four. The suspect, who had kids in the car with him, was fifteen. He was not only driving illegally, he was in the country illegally.
Speaker 6: DIA's office said that this would be no plea deal case, so they were not going to offer anything any concession.
Speaker 5: That changed, he says, when the Arapo County District Attorney's office changed hands a few months later.
Speaker 2: Under Daamy Padden.
Speaker 5: The teen who faced up to two years in youth corrections for vehicular homicide was offered two years probation if he pled guilty.
Speaker 2: Why the change.
Speaker 6: If he had taken a firearm and recklessly just shot it and killed.
Speaker 2: Somebody, this would be a different case. They would be pushing it completely different. So there's no.
Speaker 5: Deterrence, no financial liability either. Despite nearly a million in medical bills, the jeep was uninsured, and the juvenile's mom says he took it without permission, so she isn't responsible either.
Speaker 6: Immigration and the criminal justicism and all the things landed together one day in Aurora, and now I sit.
Speaker 2: Here today with without a daughter. An organ donor.
Speaker 5: Caitlin Weaver continues to live on in others, while the person who killed her lives free. Investigators say his mom initially planned to move him back to Columbia. He has now filed for asylum.
Speaker 6: I hope that he makes something of himself and that he remembers the chance he got.
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't forget her.
Speaker 5: A Rappo County Assistant District Attorney Ryan Brackley says an experienced prosecutor handled the plea deal without any direct involvement by the new administration, and a judge he notes upheld the deal after hearing from the family. He says before any plea deal, they consider the impact on the victims and the community, the characteristics of the defendants such as age, culpability, and level of remorse, and the goals of sentencing, including deterrence, rehabilitating the affe, treating similarly situated offenders equitably, and holding each offender accountable, he says, in this case, the negotiated sentence acknowledges the seriousness of.
Speaker 2: This preventable tragedy.
Speaker 5: In addition to one hundred hours community service, the team is required to attend school and not break any lass. If he does, he goes back to court under the plea, his probation is not automatically revoked because he's a juvenile.
Speaker 2: The case is sealed.
Speaker 5: The Weavers say the defendant never apologize. They say the criminal justice system failed them and their daughter, Sean Boyd covering Colorado first, in the.
Speaker 1: Entire state of Colorado, the entire state of Colorado, and for the DA herself to not step up and take responsibility, to hide behind.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she didn't have any involvement.
Speaker 1: Really, well, that's a problem in and of itself, right, How comes she didn't? You're telling me you're cutting deals like this ninety miles an hour, licensed, uninsured here I legally, and you wipe out this precious young life. And you're cutting deals like that so routinely. The DA is not even in the loop.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 1: See this should outrage each and every Colorado But where else will you see this in the press? I mean this is the sort of thing you can beck if there was a Republican responsible for this kind of outrage, you would see it in all sorts of other media.
Speaker 2: You'd see follow up stories.
Speaker 1: People would sit outside the Republican's office until the Republican had to.
Speaker 2: Give an interview. I mean, this is Yeah, it tells.
Speaker 1: You everything you need to know about the left, right, everything you need to.
Speaker 2: Know about the left. Something like this, in my opinion, cannot happen. Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't practice criminal law, that disclaimer, but I don't think something like this can happen without political ideology working its way into it.
Speaker 2: How could it?
Speaker 1: How could it probation probation ninety in a residential area, killing.
Speaker 2: Someone like this? Yeah, yeah, this thing stinks.
Speaker 1: It stinks, but it is so typical of what we have from the left now right, and you see it play out in so many different ways. I mean, we're gonna be talking about the latest, we'll play it right after this break when we have another minute or two. But talking about the license plate readers that Denver wants to take out, right, because oh God forbid that it allows Ice to apprehend some people here illegally. So for okay, they can kidnap your daughter, and license plate readers obviously are essential in solving all sorts of crimes, but something like that that could be vital in saving a kidnapped child or something like that, don't know, far more important that we protect people here illegally. I mean, this is you can't even call it twilight zone stuff anymore. The Left isn't even trying to hide it that the Left has put a marker down people here illegally who commit crimes. We're not just talking about people here illegally. People here illegally who commits serious crimes are much more important, a much higher priority to the Democratic Party in Colorado now than innocent citizens.
Speaker 2: They're not even trying to hide it on the left anymore. It's just a.
Speaker 1: Big double middle finger. And they are just so confident that you won't vote them out of office. Well, are they right about that? Maybe they are right about that, but they have obviously made that calculation, and we see it in a hundred different ways, including that one, and that one just makes.
Speaker 2: You want to throw up, right, just makes you want to throw up.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text DN five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dankaplas Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the dan Kaplas Show podcast joining us.
Speaker 1: If this doesn't outrage you, you need to see a cardiologist, a neurologist, or both. The Repo County DA and no longer John Kellner my law partner, but Amy pad in the DA her office gives probation to a fifteen year old going ninety in a forty five in a residential neighborhood, unlicensed, uninsured. Here I legally kills this beautiful young girl, he gets probation. Yeah, what do you think the penalty should be?
Speaker 2: There? Three or three?
Speaker 1: Someone three A two five five takes d A N five seven seven three nine. Because I'm here to.
Speaker 2: Tell you, you know, don't blame the judges until we get lost.
Speaker 1: And this one, this one, hey, they have plenty of laws in place to do.
Speaker 2: The right thing there.
Speaker 1: I think that's just a this is a political ideology at work. When when political idea, in my opinion, when political ideologies work their way into prosecutor's offices, the whole system is distorted. The whole system is distorted. I think there's a sacred trust in a prosecutor's office. And I mean that literally, right, because a prosecutor can ruin somebody with just a false allegation. There's a sacred trust when somebody becomes a Prosecutorolitical ideology does not enter into it. Now, some people follow that, some Democrats follow it, some Republicans follow it.
Speaker 2: Some people violate it. And when they.
Speaker 1: Violate it, you look at the magnitude of the destruction. If you were hearing this last segment and you could hear those parents a great Sean Boyd piece, it just totally heartbroken and despondent that.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's their daughter?
Speaker 1: That their daughter's everything everything in the world, and the system treats.
Speaker 2: Are like nothing, Like she's meaningless.
Speaker 1: All the concern is for for the perpetrator, all the little perpetrator.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't even.
Speaker 1: Apologize, by the way, all the concerns for the perpetrator.
Speaker 2: Probation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three out three seven one three eight two five five texts d An five seven seven three nine. Ryan, do you think if that let's say that fifteen year old go ninety and a forty five, which is vahicular homicide. It's going ninety in a forty five. Let's say he was wearing a maga hat. Yeah, Yeah, well, let's say you is an ardent Donald Trump supporter wearing a mega hat joy writing through her neighborhood.
Speaker 2: What do you think would have been done here?
Speaker 8: It's funny you asked that, because I asked that very question of George Brockler, the DA in the twenty third, whose youngest is fifteen, and he agreed with me the book would be thrown at that young person. Yeah, but just side theory. Did this is what I talk about George too, Amy Padden. This was purposeful and George pointed this out, the word equitable in terms of how this is adjudicated. She knew if there was some kind of serious criminal element to this case, that this young man, his entire family would be more likely to be deported. And I think this was a bulwark against that. That was the motivation, And if.
Speaker 1: That was the motivation, I wouldn't disagree with Georgia. And if that was the motivation, that's just obscene, right, That is an ultimate miscarriage of justice. But that is what we have going on with the left so often now. So my question is.
Speaker 2: Is do the people of Colorado care? First? Do they know right?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, tremendous job done, by Sean Boyd and CBS News on that.
Speaker 2: But do they even know. If they knew, I think they would care.
Speaker 1: The problem is, is a story like this that should be front page and should be followed up for days? Yeah, it's it's just one very fine reporter at a good station, and then the left just trusts it's going to disappear right three out three seven, three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. Before we get onto more serious stuff, I know you count on me for some really deep, courageous insights on sports, and I've consistently delivered on that for you over the decades. And I've got another one for you now. Jamal Murray, who is one of the most talented players in the NBA. Jamal Murray, you see, goes on these incredibly hot streaks and then other times not so hot. But he's now questionable for tonight's critical Game six in the playoffs because he has an illness that he's been fighting through for a couple of games. I'm here to tell you if Jamal Murray plays sick tonight, he's going to play great.
Speaker 2: And here's why.
Speaker 1: Because everything in life is psychological, right, I mean, for everybody, every human, And it's like Michael Jordan had that tremendous game in the Flu game in the playoffs. There's something about when when hey in a situation like this, when somebody's sick, it just takes all the pressure off, right, that there are no expectations the guy or gal's playing sick.
Speaker 2: It just frees somebody up to just let it rip.
Speaker 1: So if he plays sick tonight, I bet we see a career game and a Nuggets victory as a result. So we shall see dan. Can I step in and deport this scumbag. I would not refer to this defendant as a scumbag. I'd refer to him as a killer. Vehicular homicide is homicide, you know, just like the killer trucker up on I seventy right, who decides, Okay, my brakes are overheating. I can see my brakes are overheating. I'm going to get back in the truck and drive down the mountain anyway. And then he decides, rather than to ditch the truck off the side of the road, he's just going to drive right into the back of stop rush hour traffic and predictably incinerate a whole bunch of people, right, that's murder. Vehicular homicide is homicide. Can I step in and deport A great question here, great question, you know, I'd ask one of our immigration experts to call and fill us in. You've heard the theory voice that the reason that there weren't wasn't proper sentencing of this, And don't blame the court. This is on the da of this individual is to protect him for deportation. So whether he could still be deported Listen if and I have no idea what the status of his parents are anything like that, but in theory, if you had somebody and they're here illegally, their parents are here illegally, et cetera, then they would be subject to deportation under our nation's laws. Now, this administration has said, and I think it's a very wise move on their heart. Their focus is folks here illegally who have committed other crimes. So as I'm sitting here right now, I can't think of any reason why there couldn't be a deportation. Three h three someone three eight two five five texts d An five seven seven three.
Speaker 8: Nine Dan, just really quick and further that point, why should that young man still be here, committed a crime, absolutely no.
Speaker 7: Reason, old a woman, no reashy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, but but this goes you're right, but this goes back to what we've talked about before, which is, you know, this is what I've done for forty years as a lawyer, this is what I do today.
Speaker 2: I'm going to court next week. But and we don't have this element Netra.
Speaker 1: But the point being that I work with an awful lot of parents who have had the worst thing happen that's even imaginable, and had their child killed. And when the child is killed by anybody, right, it's just again, it's the worst nightmare. When the child's killed by somebody who shouldn't have even been in the country to begin with, it's an added layer of horror and torment. And so yeah, this individual should not have even been here to begin with.
Speaker 7: And that goes to my point too.
Speaker 8: If the first act an individual takes, or in this case, this young man's family takes, is they totally disregard, disobeyed, dishonor our immigration laws. What is their motivation or incentive to follow any of our other laws, including our driving laws.
Speaker 1: Well, Ryan, and to that point, this is an invitation This is consistent.
Speaker 2: With so many other things we've been talking.
Speaker 1: About here where the Democratic Party in Colorado, the left is openly inviting and encouraging people to come here illegally. Look at the law they just passed that says you can get a driver's license here the same day you arrive. You don't even have to express an intent to stay here. Another law they passed you can use an ID that's over nine years expired. Right, they are openly inviting folks illegally to come here, and this is another way to do it right, Because the message you're sending to folks from around the world who are thinking of coming here illegally, or folks here illegally who are thinking of leaving rather than be deported, the message you're sending is we want you, we welcome you, we protect you. You can come in here and you can engage in a homicide that kills an innocent young lady, and.
Speaker 2: We will protect you. That's the message.
Speaker 1: That's the message coming from that DA. We will protect you even if you come here and kill even if you come here and kill an innocent young woman, we will protect you, mister or ms illegal immigrant.
Speaker 2: That is the clear message being sent.
Speaker 1: How does that do anything other than attract and encourage illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: But that's the currency the left. Now. You want to rise up in the left politically, well you.
Speaker 1: Better appeal to those hard, hard far left radicals with the big checkbooks who are writing those big checks to up and coming Democrats.
Speaker 2: Screw the people.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast not in the habit.
Speaker 2: Of praising Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: But I gotta tell you, the last week or so in the Middle East, Ukraine, Russia is a different story. The last week in the Middle East. I go into the week fearing that the Prime Minister of Israel is hell bent on going to war with her on. I go into the week worried that we're going to miss the thread of an opportunity in Syria for the new leadership there.
Speaker 2: And I gotta tell you, I.
Speaker 9: Think the President has in this last week or so played the Middle East pretty darn well.
Speaker 1: You know, this just goes to the corruption of most of the American media. What just happened in the Mid East, and we played a lot of sound is is Donald Trump had what is probably the most consequential Mid East visit of any president in our lifetime. It has the potential, the very real potential to do a major reset in the Mid East that will benefit this nation in the world for one hundred years to come. And it's pretty much crickets in most of the media right because of that, because it was so successful now it isn't guaranteed to work long term, but it's a major new doctrine with tremendous upside possibilities while still protecting and remaining loyal to our great Ali Israel, and perhaps a better route to get to protecting Israel, which.
Speaker 2: Must be done at all costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but most of the media just shuts it out now what we're talking about right now, and it should be the highest priority for you, because you and your family, what you care about most in the world, never in more danger in all likelihood than when you're on the roadways and you've got the Democrats in Colorado absolutely determined, determined first to protect folks here illegally you are committed carnage on the roadways.
Speaker 2: You're seeing that unfold.
Speaker 1: Right now, but also to refuse, to refuse to have serious enough penalties for OWD way killers to actively deter it. And it is a crisis I'm telling you this is what I do for a living, catastrophic injury and death cases. And we've got a killing field out there. And the Democrats are so protective of criminals and above all of people here illegally you commit crimes that they're just letting so many people get away with murder.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 1: We're talking now about a kid fifteen years old killer, he killed behind the whale. It's clearly, you know, I think a very very strong argument can be made its particular homicide. And then what happens out in a Repo County under the new DA. They give them two years probation, not a day in juvenile detention. What does that say about the victim, a young, innocent, young woman victim, and what does it say to her parents?
Speaker 2: It's very clear what they're saying.
Speaker 1: That the person here illegally who committed this crime is more important to that DA's office, or at least to the elected DA than the victim. Todd and Windsor you're on the Dan Kaplas show.
Speaker 10: Welcome, Yeah, thanks, Dan, I appreciate you shake my call. The question I have is with.
Speaker 11: Yes, I believe he should be deported but what about the crime that he's committed and facing the charges of that crime. I mean, is it worse for him to face the charges or worse for him to be deported back to his home country.
Speaker 2: Well, you can do both.
Speaker 10: What about that part of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you can do both.
Speaker 1: You can like, for example, I deposed took testimony under oath from a trucker over in Jeffco County jail a month or two ago, and he had been convicted. Now listen again, a Democrat da out there. If the guy gets a misdemeanor, right, he dumps all his pipe all over the highway, kills this innocent managers other people, and he gets less than a year in jail. But I was deposing him in jail because after he served his sentence, Ice was going to come and pick him up a few days later. And so you can do both. You can prosecute and then you can deport after the release from what would have been in the Arabo County case, juvenile detention.
Speaker 10: Gotcha. So whatever, I mean, it's just somebody, like you have said before, you know the life of this girl's I mean, he's gone. And then since he's a minor, then he gets what a year or two years in jail?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 1: It would have been jervy detention crime. But man, but what do you think would have happened? What do you think would have happened if this individual going ninety in a forty five unlicensed, uninsured?
Speaker 2: What if he was wearing a MAGA hat? Right? What if he was a big Trump supporter? What do you think would have happened out there?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they would thrown a look at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I believe that too. I believe Well, Ryan, can you extend an invite to the DA. Let's get the DA herself on. Let's have that conversation. Todd appreciate the call sentiment. This should outrage everybody, right, it really.
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 1: It's such a confirmation of what's going on with the left right now, of the two tier justice system that we see play out in so many different ways. And you want to talk about undermining society. Yeah, I have a two tier justice system where people are treated differently based on whether they're here illegally or not. And I can't prove that's what's happening in Rapo. That's my constitutionally protected opinion. I agree with those who believe that's the motivation behind this. Well, let's get the DA on and you know, let's hear it from the DA yourself. And I want to remind everybody the DA in a Rapaho is no longer John Kelder or George Brockler, both great das. In fact, John Kellner is my law partner. Now I used to practice law with George. But this isn't about politics, right. I know plenty of Democrat das who approach that job the right way and view it as a sacred trust and no politics, no political ideology enters into it. There are plenty of Democrat das who approach it that way, and God love them for it.
Speaker 2: But there are some who don't.
Speaker 1: And I'd love to have the DA come on and explain this some innocent, innocent ways, some other way, but I I'm not expecting that conversation to occur because I don't think it can be explained the other way.
Speaker 2: Maybe there are some facts we're not aware of.
Speaker 1: Please the Honorable Amy Patten come on this show and share those facts with us. Sometimes that happens, right, There are facts you don't know if here, I couldn't even conceive of what those facts might be.
Speaker 2: What could those facts be?
Speaker 1: Fifteen going ninety in a forty five, unlicensed, uninsured here illegally, what could those facts be? And we heard on the show on Boyd Piece and Chennel four from the father the kid never even apologized, never even apologized. Yeah, what could those facts even be? But our minds open to it. They just haven't offered him yet. Three h three someone three eight two five five. Personally, I believe they haven't offered him because they don't exist. This thing is what it is, and it stinks, and it's dangerous. It is so dangerous to you and your family. Dan, Israel does not need to be protected at all costs.
Speaker 2: I'd sure love to have a conversation with that, text or please tell me I'd love to hear the rationale for that. Why not? Why not? I'd love to hear the rationale.
Speaker 1: For that, Dan, Are you also going to talk about says a text to dam five seven seven three nine, the recent case in Jefferson County where the killer who caused a crash that killed two people who burned to death was walked because he was determined to be quote not restorable.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Texture.
Speaker 1: I'm not familiar with that case, I would love to get the detail, so I'll look it.
Speaker 2: Up during a break. I am not familiar with that case. Dan.
Speaker 1: We often hear that elections have consequences, and this DA decision is the worst possible example. Until Loreppo County voters wake up and stop voting for leftists.
Speaker 2: This will just get worse.
Speaker 1: Boy so true about elections having consequences, right, for better or for worse.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem. The voters aren't going to know about this. I mean, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You've got some noble exceptions, Ai Sean Boyd, but most of the press is at least informally aligned with the Colorado Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: They're not going to dig.
Speaker 1: Their teeth into and run with the story that's going to hurt a Democrat. Now, what you sometimes see happen, right is you sometimes see a one and done, like a one Day's story done. And here's the pattern. Watch for this, because this is the game I think they play when like Polis does something absolutely outrageous that cannot possibly be justified, ie spitting in the face of those victims of the killer trucker and Jeff co who burned up all those people in the highway, because Kim kardash and whispers sweeten nothings in his ear or maybe sweet somethings, And so then he's going to defy the jury, defy the judge, and defy the victims and just cut this guy a big break.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you get?
Speaker 1: Then you get a one day story or a two day story, because okay, the left knows that they're guy's in trouble, right, you just can't justify this. So the story, the interview gets run through a reliable lefty reporter and it gets out there with the spin that pollus wants, and then it's done. Because the only stories that stick and do real damage are the ones where there's a lot of follow up, where there's true investigative journalism, and the stories follow day after day after day with something new, something fresh, and you get to the bottom of it. I've been part of doing that kind of journalism. It's hard work, right, very hard work, and you face a lot of blowback, and I can tell you some of those stories, but that's true journalism.
Speaker 2: But that's what we would need here.
Speaker 1: But the voters of Repo County aren't going to get that right because it's a Democrat DA three or three someone three eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey when we come back. James Comy, remember him, former FBI director? Did he just clearly call for the assassination of Donald Trump? A lot of people think, so, what should happen to him? What should happen to James Comy? Because the people who say it looks like he's calling for the assassination of Donald Trump, that they seem to be on to something.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kapler Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What should the next step be?
Speaker 1: Legally, Donald Trump Junior tweeting, uh, just James Comy casually calling for my dad to be murdered. This is who the dem media were ships demented. And what Comy allegedly did was I think this is on Instagram. He posted an Instagram picture that says eight six four seven, so, being interpreted quite naturally, is eighty six forty seven and it's a picture of shells in the form of eight six four seven. And then Komy allegedly writes cool shell formation on my beach walk? So what do you think should be done?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Of course, everybody knows right unless you're brand new to I guess the planet eighty six is shorthand four kill yeah, three out three someone three eight two five five in number. As we go to the phone lines on our primary topic this hour, you know where my mind goes is okay? If this is James Comy, you know that this is a guy who obviously is what he is, but he also has a lot of intelligence.
Speaker 2: So does he an underlying? Does? I have no worth the idea? But is he.
Speaker 1: Doing something so extraordinarily wrong and dangerous like this? Is he doing something like this because the walls are closing in on him legally, I have no idea if they are or not. I have no idea if he's even being investigated, let alone whether he's done something otherwise criminal.
Speaker 2: But when you see an otherwise.
Speaker 1: Smart person do something so insane and so insanely dangerous like this, I think you have to analyze what's the play? You know, look around a few corners, what's really going on here? Because if an underlying If again I have no idea, if this is in the background here, if he is about to be prosecuted by DJ, does he do something like this to try to make it appear as if he's being prosecuted for something else because of what a clear appears to be a clear call for the assassination of Donald Trump. Yeah, so what do you think is really going on here? Let's go back to the phone lines. We're talking about a ninety nine to one issue in Colorado. Ninety nine percent of the people would have to agree that what just happened out in our Repo County is a grave miscarriage of justice. Sean Boyd did the big piece on CBS four fifteen year old going ninety and a forty, unlicensed, uninsured here, I legally runs down and kills in a residential neighborhood a beautiful young woman, probation, not even a day in juvie detention. And we've asked the erap, the newer Epo County DA Democrat Amy Padden, to come on the show and speak to it. In fairness to her, we didn't extend the invitation, if we even have yet until right now. But we'll see if she appears tomorrow. I doubt very much that she'll talk with us or any other media. In fact, the official statement from her office, if I heard it right, Ryan, is that she didn't even know about any of this. It was all done by underlings. Yeah yeah, yeah, Rob in Longmont. You're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 13: Welcome to Good Afternoon Day.
Speaker 1: But she didn't condemn it, by the way. She didn't say, oh yeah, the underlings were wrong. Yeah, that's leadership right there. What are you thinking, Robin?
Speaker 12: How are you doing to date?
Speaker 2: I'm angry, I'm just angry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But what about respect for human life, innocent human life? When is Colorado going to get sick of Democrats protecting people here illegally who commit other crimes over citizens, innocent citizens?
Speaker 2: What are the victims of those crimes?
Speaker 13: So let's shift keys.
Speaker 12: On this a little bit. Change the scenario.
Speaker 13: What if little Jimmy, who.
Speaker 12: Is blonde haired, blue eyed.
Speaker 13: Freshman in high school fifteen.
Speaker 12: Years old, takes mommy and Daddy's car.
Speaker 13: No license, no insurance, goes out and runs over Esmeralda Lopez.
Speaker 12: Who is this darling, sweet young lady who just happens to be here illegally or a parents drugger here? How do you think that scenario would play out?
Speaker 1: Well, I want to change your scenario because to me, the scenario you just described where you have this innocent young girl who just happens to be here illegally. To me, that scenario is just as compelling as any other innocent person who's killed. But there's no doubt in my mind that if you put a maga hat on that the person who commits the vehicular homicide, that that person's going to be fully prosecuted and jailed, and if they happen to be a jew either going to juvenile detention.
Speaker 12: Maga hat had a side.
Speaker 13: I mean, what if it's a white US citizen that kills.
Speaker 1: This illegal, Well, I take the I say, take the illegal out of the equation in terms of the victim. If you kill any innocent victim, if you're asking, okay, take the maga hat off. And this is just a white fifteen year old who ends up killing this innocent victim. Do I think it's prosecuted differently?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: And here's why I say that, because once you let political ideology enter into it, I mean, I don't know whether Amy Patten is going to be one of these politically motivated das who's just going to let criminals skate all the time, no matter who they are, no matter what the.
Speaker 2: Race is in this case with.
Speaker 13: The DA, clearly the person here illegally has more right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no question, no question, and that that's your right rap. And that's, in my opinion, constitutionally protected opinion. If I'm wrong, I hope the DA comes on and explains where I'm wrong. Maybe there's some facts missing, I don't think so. I think this is what we're seeing across the board from the left. They value folks here illegally commit crimes more than they value you.