Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech Tim Kamkim.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's the twenty twenty four National League Championships Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets. Well, the Dodgers had a chance to close out this series on Friday in New York. However, the Mets weren't ready for the season to be over quite yet and blew out the Dodgers twelve to six. Now, the Dodgers have a three to two series lead. Tonight, Game six of the NLCS, another chance for the Dodgers to try and clinch a birth to the World Series. Dodgers going with the bullpen game. Michael Kopek, the hard throwing right hander, will serve as the opener. First pitch him. Dodgers Stadium is coming up at five toh eight. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We got a lot to get to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts before this pivotal Game six. We'll preview this pitching matchup as the Mets go with left hander Sean Manaya. David vas say, we'll check in throughout the show. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, your otani rewind. Shortly, we will check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Kalpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well.
Speaker 3: Friday, in New York.
Speaker 2: It was all set up for the Dodgers to celebrate a National League pennant. They had a three to one series lead in the best of seven series. Jack Flarity on the mound, but unfortunately, the Mets didn't want to go quietly. Bottom of the first inning, Pete Alonzo a three run home run off Jack Flarity and the Mets grabbed the early three to nothing lead. The Dodgers got one of those runs back in the second, Key k Hernettez scored from third on a wild pitch, Dodgers down three to one. In the third, though, things really got away from Jack Flerity, and it happened quickly. Back to back walks to lead off the inning. Starling Martine then a two run double Mets up five to one. Three batters later, Francisco Alvarez an RBI saying well. Then Francisco Lindor at RBI triple Brandon Nibbo and RBI single match with five runs in the bottom of the third off Jack flarerty took an eight to one lead. Dodgers were down big and had a lot of work to do to get out of it. Andy pijz I stole a home run that made it an eight to two game. Unfortunately, the Mets countered with two in the bottom of the fourth to extend their lead to ten to two. In the fifth, Andy Piz at it again, this time a three run blast.
Speaker 4: Pie swings hits a high fly ball left fielding deep. Pies tosses the bat again. It's at the wall and it's gone. His second home run here in Game five, and now it's ten to five. So Andy Pi haz three for three thanks to his first two postseason home runs of his young career.
Speaker 2: Three run home run for Pajes his second home run of the day. That's the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers down ten to five, they were slowly chipping away at this deficit, which again was a big when they put themselves in early. In this sixth, they chipped away even further thanks to Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: Mookie Bets HiT's a hard left field, pushing Nimo.
Speaker 2: Back and he turns around in Mookie Bets with a bomb, a lead up home run for Mookie in the six and the Dodgers are within four. Mookie with the solo home run as they got another run closer. Dodgers down ten to six with the breath of fresh Air moment of the game presented by a Tara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner, Omar Bretty the founders, they're great people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers down four and the sixth. Unfortunately, they couldn't keep it. Their mets are running the bottom of the inning. One more in the eighth. They go on and beat the Dodgers twelve to six on Friday to stave off elimination and force a game six in this NLCS Tonight, this series back at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers a three to two series lead. Michael Kopek the open on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at five oho eight and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: All right, TC, We're back at Dodgers Stadium. Moan on a cloud in the sky, but there is a ton of anxiety in the air the Dodgers and Mets. Game six. They come home up three to two on the Mets. Hmmm, sounds familiar, nineteen eighty eight, kind of familiar. But these Dodgers in twenty twenty four, they don't want to let it get to tomorrow.
Speaker 5: No, they don't. And I'll tell you what's going on in the Mets dugout even in their locker room. We're not in there. The game has not started. But I've been in that spot before a couple of different times. For the Mets. Their mindset is people are gonna say look, you have to win two in a row. No, they don't. They need to win one, and that is to really stay alive tonight. And if you're looking at the odds, I mean the Dodgers going with a bullpen game, so they're gonna have to have five or six different relievers that have good nights tonight. So again the Mets, their overall strategy is to win one. And you talk about opening up the floodgates, They're gonna use everything that they possibly have. It's a Knight's ball game.
Speaker 4: Every game up to this point has been one sided. There has not been a competitive bout to date in this series. You wonder if it happens tonight given in everything that's on the line for the Dodgers, it's another World Series birth be the twenty second in franchise history and for the Mets since their season. Right, So Michael Kopek will open up this bullpen game and then Sean and I are starting for New York and Mania. As we saw, shut the Dodgers down by and large in Game two, four scoreless, and then things kind of got away from him in the fifth, but three of the runs that were pushed across charged to him on the to earn. I understand that two came home after he was out of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dodgers have to hit better than what they were doing against Manya. And quite frankly, if we look at a few of the spots in this lineup and with the biggest thing is the absence of Freddy Freeman. You know, Dave Roberts alluded yesterday during the workout that Freeman most likely would be in the starting lineup. Well, he is not in the lineup. That opens up an opportunity. Andy Pajes will be in the center field and for Chris Taylor's starting at saka base kick Hernanez will be at third because that moves Max Munsey from third over to first base. But the Dodgers have a few guys in a line up, quite frankly, have been very quiet with the bats and that needs to improve in a hurry.
Speaker 4: And it has to be one of the non superstars. Shohe and Mooki have carried their weight the last two games. They're nine for seventeen, five extra base hits, three home runs, eight runs.
Speaker 6: Score.
Speaker 4: Those guys the stars are doing their job. So who's gonna step up beyond just Tommy Edmund Beyond Max Munsey, you're looking at Ti Oscar Hernandez for one for sure, and Will Smith. Those are two of the other heavyweights in this lineup and when they have not had an impact on this series at all, will it happen in Game six and will they help the Dodgers get back to the World Series. We'll find out in the matter of hours.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Steven, as we call you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Moroco Casino. Dodgers on Deck. We'll here for the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with the David Vasse. We dive deeper to this pitching matchup. I'm nex, so you're Otani rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to Game six of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Mets. First pitch from Dodgers Stadiums at five oh eight. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets Game six of the National League Championship Series, Dodgers a three to two series lead. Michael Kopek will serve as the opener for the Dodgers. Left hander shan and Iyah pitched in Game two. We'll go for the Mets first pitch at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 4: The payoff from Peterson. Otani swings through the right side and in the right center field for a leadoff base hit. So here's Otani the two out first pitch, swinging little flair beyond the infield left field. It's sinking fast and it'll drop in a no man's lamb. So Otani aboard with a blot bass hit. He has reached all three times today.
Speaker 2: Show hey, Otani two for four on base, three times with a walk. Dodgers oh lose Game five of the NLCS on Friday in New York twelve to six. The Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto wins o Ocha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Target and etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's I T O E N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirsten Wasson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us before in Game six, Dodgers a three to two series lead and Kirsen a chance to close it out again tonight after not doing it on Friday night in New York and looking at the lineup looks a little different tonight for Game six.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 6: So there's no Freddy Freeman, no Gavin Lunx. But let's start with Freddy. So, as we all know, he's been dealing with this ankle injury and as much as he's been trying to kind of put his body on the line and be out there for his teammates, we have seen him do just that. But Dave Roberts recently had shared that the ankle injury is impacting his swing now, so you know, he's not getting the results offensively that he's especially if look at the most recent few games, he's not getting the results he's wanted to at the plate. It's also a bit limiting on some moves defensively, and so it's one of those things where he had a conversation with Freddy and it just kind of made more sense to keep him down today. So then if you know, they do end up going to a Game seven, then he could put himself in a good spot that he could be available for tomorrow and even just allowing him potentially then more time to prepare for the World Series. So they wont him out there. Obviously it means a lot when he is out there, but if it doesn't make sense, it's not worth pushing it. And so right now they've just felt like, yes, he's available if need be off the bench, but just it doesn't make sense to push him right now that other guys can go out there and get the job done. Then with Gavin Lux, with there being a lefty and Sean Manyah on the mound, that obviously comes into a lot of the decision making without having Gavin Lux out there as a lefty bat. But he's also been dealing with his hip flexor injury and it's been bothering him a little bit here and there, so he's not one hundred percent either. Granted, most of these guys are not one hundred percent, but for him it is limiting a bit more defensively. So they decided with the matchup just didn't make sense. He's available off the bench, and then again same situation as Freddy. If they can give him one more day, if he needs to be out there for a Game seven, then it allows him to be in a better position come tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Kirs is brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donating today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with a K. Sham and ayah on the mound. The Dodgers, they saw him in Game two when he was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 6: And he's got a very interesting arm slot. And even when Dave Roberts has talked about really with Shoho Tawnis at bats, the times in which he has struggled this postseason have been against it, you darbish. And there is history in regard to that was one of his baseball heroes. So they saw a little bit of expanding the plate, things like that, more swing, more strikes. Then you saw Tanner Scott, who's a different kind of arm slot and so then there's Sean Mania, but those have really been the only guy Shohey has struggled against, and so he does have a very interesting delivery. They have been working really hard to make those adjustments. There is the benefit of having just seen him that they hope to use that to their advantage. But they've been in the cage. There's this not new machine, but essentially a velocity machine that can replicate how the delivery is coming out from these pictures, and so they've been using a lot of work with that. So hopefully it can prove to be beneficial tonight.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it simulates a win for them tonight. Hearing us six Kursey, we appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. Hopefully a Dodger will win in a clench of a war World Series bid. Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vas Sago is one on one with Joe Kelly. But up next we'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Mets Game six of the NLCS first pitch in five. Well, wait, I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday nights. Lead you up to first pitch, Game six of the National Leg Championship Series Dodgers and Mets. Wronggo Casino Resort and spa a Grand Slam, four good times. Michael Kopek, the right hander, will be the opener for the Dodgers. The left hander Shaman Nya will go for the Mets. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at five toh eight. Coming up, we'll get your Dodgers magical moment. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But right now, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 8: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Robbers.
Speaker 7: He's started games before, and I just feel that it's the best chance to put up a zero in the first inning and then kind of move forward.
Speaker 8: Important.
Speaker 6: Just when you look at the approach for this game, does it feel like, yes, you could go to Game seven, but does it feel like it needs to be done today? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think so. I think that's the way the best way to approach tonight's game. I think, you know, overall, you know, we're playing good baseball. I think outside of two bad innings, it's been really good. So I think that you know, seeing manyah, a handful of days ago boats well for us, and we just got to go out there and take it to bats, and you know it's gonna be a pen day, so we're gonna, you know, deploy a lot of different guys tonight.
Speaker 3: Fabian.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Dave what ultimately went to not having Friday in there today?
Speaker 7: He just kind of ultimately he just felt we felt that giving him another day is best for him, potentially having him late for a net bat, but the defense he took batting practice yesterday, felt fine, but just doesn't feel like himself. So we just felt that potentially another day would help.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts down in the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything.
Speaker 3: If you want your.
Speaker 2: Contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here on Rogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the Dodger Insider, our own David Vasse. So we lead you up to first pitch, Game six of the NLCS Dodgers Mets. First pitch set for five oh eight of Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Teach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mets Game six in the National Championship Series. Michael Kopek is the opener for the Dodgers. Shaman Naya gets the start for the Mets. First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Insider.
Speaker 2: David and David now joins us from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: David.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers looking to bounce back after a Game five which they had a chance to win a City Field. The last forty eight hours included a workout yesterday at Dodgers Stadium. What's the mood of this Dodgers team after what happened on Friday and now another chance of a close out tonight.
Speaker 8: Well, just being around the players around twelve thirty this afternoon, tim they're all very confident that they are going to be able to close out this NLCS. The coaching staff is very confident in their players. And look, the Dodgers have done a great job of scoring runs in this series, even when they've lost. For the most part, outside of Game two, they've done a great job of scoring runs. Each one of these first five games have been blowouts, whether it's been the Mets winning or the Dodgers winning. And the sense I got also talking to some of these players is that they believe that they're going to be able to see Sean Maniah a lot better than what they did in that one o'clock Game two. Here at Dodgers Stadium last night, the Dodgers held their workout at about five o'clock and they took batting practice around the same time as what first pitch is going to be tonight. So they're very confident that they're going to see the baseball out of Mania's hands a lot better. And you know what, I told a couple of these guys, let's not forget that's still Sean and I let's not give that guy too much credit.
Speaker 2: Looking at the Dodgers line of DV Freddie Freeman, Dave Roberts said it on Friday after the game, he'd have a conversation with him. He's not in the lineup, So the Dodgers' lineup it looks a little different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a little strange. Right yesterday Dave Roberts kind of hedging on what he said after Game five in New York, and basically what he said has come to fruition. Freddie Freeman is not in the starting lineup, but he told me in New York that even when he's not in the starting lineup, he is available to come off the bench. So the Dodgers have shuffled their lineup a little bit. Chris Taylor is in at second base. The one good thing is playoff keithk Hernandez, who came up big in the series clinching Game five for the Dodgers, is back in there again for the Dodgers tonight and Key K was also in the interview room before tonight's game.
Speaker 10: I come into the ballpark in October with the same mentality, and it's win today, and we're in a really good spot today to you know, clinch the pennant and go to the World Series, which is exactly where we want to go. That's been the goal from day one. And you know, mentality is, you know, just do whatever it takes to win today.
Speaker 8: So Key K Hernandez, he's built a reputation off of being an October player. They need him. They need the entire lineup to come up big tonight to be able to get Manaya out of this game early and also give their relievers an early lead. So it makes executing a bullpen game a lot easier for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the rest of the line up, David.
Speaker 2: One guy who hasn't gotten a hit in this entire NLCS is Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: They need him to start doing something right.
Speaker 8: He was so big for the Dodgers in the NLDS, but for whatever reason, the Mets have been able to pitch him really well, and you know, Taoscar has kind of fallen back into the trap we saw during periods of time of the regular season where he's chasing spin outside of the strike zone. He's got to find a way to get back to the Taoscar Hernandez that we saw and do what he did the majority of the year and do what the Dodgers' identity has been, and that's not chase pitches outside of the strike zone. Last game against Manaia, you know he's going to throw pitches up in a way to entice you. The ta Oscar Hernandez has got to be able to know his strike zone.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we liked, its choices, fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty. Michael Kopek the opener, the first pitcher out of the gate. David, you're surprised by the decision or is this something maybe you saw coming.
Speaker 8: Well, they had to pick somebody to be the first reliever, and it's been usually Ryan Brazier or Anthony Banda, but you know it's it's not a guarantee that Michael Kopek's going to pitch perfectly. The first inning, Plus he struggled with some command, and you kind of want a guy in the first inning throwing strikes, So hopefully he can throw strikes, because what Manny Machado was screaming at his teammates is true. Michael Kopek has been missing up out of the strike zone and the Dodgers need him to throw strikes in that first inning and put a zero up. Also, the thinking from the Dodgers side is that Kopek was a starter, so out of all the choices they have, Kopek obviously would be the guy that's best prepared.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense. David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back in with DV. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next, your Dodgers magical moment involving our own Rick Monday. That's coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets Game six of the National League Championship Series, first pitch at five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 2: Game six so the National League Championship Series. Michael Kopek is the opener for the Dodgers. Shan Andya the left hander. We'll go for the Mets. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium on this Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Coming up at five oh eight game hot Dog who wants the hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the halfing Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Game five the nineteen eighty one NLCS Dodgers in Montreal, taking on the Expos winner. We'll get a Birth of the World Series to face the New York Yankees. The Dodgers tied the game in the fifth after Rick Monday singled, went to third on a Pedro Guerrero single, then scored on a groundout. In the ninth, the game was still tied at one. Montreal brought in there a Steve Rodgers to pitch the ninth inning, and with two outs, he made a mistake to our own Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Here's the three to one pitch.
Speaker 4: Shan It swung on fly ball.
Speaker 11: Center failed Dawson going back onto the warning tracked us and at the wall.
Speaker 3: That ball is a home run. That ball is out of here.
Speaker 11: And a home run for Rick Monday and the Dodger bench claires to congratulate Rick Monday has hit a two out home run here in the ninth Then I got it appeared that Andre Dawson at rome as he went back to the fence and he just flt ran out of romas the ball clear of the fence at about the three eighty five mark, a ninth inning home run and the Dodgers have gone ahead two to one.
Speaker 2: Ron Rosch to call Rick Monday a home run in the ninth inning to give the Dodgers the lead. They go on to win the game and advance to the nineteen eighty one World Series and of course win it all that year against the New York Yankees. It was a Monday in which Rick Monday hit the home run and forever known in Montreal as a Blue Monday. This Hoffey magical moment brought to you by Haffey Hot Dogs, a soakl treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase he's a delicious Hoffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the Rick Monday as we lead you up to first pitch on Sunday night, Game six of the NLCS, Dodgers have met. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets Game six of the National League Championship Series. Dodgers a three to two series lead in this best of seven NLCS. Michael Kopek will serve as the opener for the Dodgers, and what is a bullpen game left hander Sean Manya, who gave the Dodgers fits in Game two, He'll get the start for the Mets. First pitch coming up at five to eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before or after the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets.
Speaker 3: Near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: Now joined by David Basse saying, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, before we get into Game six, I got to congratulate you on a big anniversary in Dodger history. You were at the center of it yesterday in nineteen eighty one to send the Dodgers to the World Series on Blue Monday. And everybody is looking forward to a Dodgers Yankees World Series this year.
Speaker 5: Well that event was yesterday, and the song says, and Yesterday's gone. So what the Dodgers need is today. And you know, I as a disclaimer, we'll talk about it more. I am not a bullpen by committee guy. But what are the other options for this Dodger ball club. I mean, that's one of the things that Dave Robertson you look at the baseball operations. I mean, this is the best solution right now today. But right now today, the Dodgers need a victory because I tell you what the mindset is in that first base dugout tonight with the New York Mets. Everybody said, well, they have to win two in a row.
Speaker 8: No they don't.
Speaker 5: They have to win one game that's tonight. That's the mood said. How do I know that I've been there from a mental standpoint the Mets will take the field tonight saying we have to win one game and then tomorrow night will throw it up for Grams. That's the incentive that they have, and if the Mets get out to an early start, this could be a handful for this Dodger Bonklon. So Michael Kopek is going to be the opener, if you will. How long he can go. I don't know how long Dave Roberts can ride the pony. As far as that end of it, we'll find out Copak. By the way we start to look at it's something that Stephen Nelson and I will look at a little bit later on as well. Copek, he pitched last Wednesday and that was just one inning, so I mean he's rested everything else. But how does it go? Because this is all hands on deck as far as Dave Roberts and the Dodgers are concerned. That's exactly the mood in the Mets dug out as well coming in at tonight's game.
Speaker 8: And it makes sense the Dodgers thought process to start Cope is because he was originally a starting pitcher and he obviously knows what it takes to prepare.
Speaker 5: To understand the routine as far as what time do you go to the bullpen, what time do you start to stretch the leagues out, what time do you see the trainer to help you start some things here and there. So, yeah, he's more familiar with that end of it. But the problem with bullpen games is that you have to depend upon five or six and maybe even more guys to have good nights, all of them tonight.
Speaker 8: And you have to start counting outs. Don't you rick in a game like this, twenty seven outs? You got to kiss.
Speaker 5: Really, I think this really goes to something that I was talking about the other day in New York. In postseason in particular, you can underline this win each inning and you're in pretty good shape the Dodgers talking about innings. Other than two innings so far in postseason played, they have played defensively very well. From an offensive standpoint, I'm a little concerned. You know, you got three guys in the lineup that had not been swinging the back particularly well at all, that being ta Oscar Hernandez will Smith. Will Smith took a foul ball off of his glove hand the other night in New York had to come out of the game. And if you look at Chris Taylor, he's had difficulties. So it needs something from those three guys, because as we know, Freddy Freeman is not in the starting lineup for tonight's game.
Speaker 8: Will Smith has dropped down in the Dodger order to the eighth spot tonight against Sean and Ya, And it feels like the Dodgers are very confident Rick that they will see Manya better than what they did in that day game on Monday.
Speaker 5: You know what I do. Like that sound in the background, folks marine helicopters, So we're in good hands. Even the Marines are circling Dodgers Stadium tonight.
Speaker 8: Love it, Rick, Thanks a lot, and we'll check in with you and Stephen Nelson.
Speaker 5: Will lot look forward to it, and I look forward to you in the postgame talking to the players because the Dodgers need to win tonight.
Speaker 8: We all want Yankees Dodgers first time, so I don't care.
Speaker 5: About any Yankees. We want Dodgers. It doesn't matter who they play, but we know it's going to be the Yankees.
Speaker 8: I love it all right.
Speaker 5: Love I love it possibility the Yankees too, trust me.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you. And Studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you David, thank you, Moe. Dodgers fans and hands. You're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to games at HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Will dive deeper into this Game six pitching matchup Steven Nelson Rick Monday, they'll be back with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with David Bass. Say so we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday, Game six of the NLCS. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers Mets.
Speaker 2: It's Game six, so the National League Championship Series. Dodgers still one win away from cashing in on going to the World Series, going to matchup against the New York Yankees. Bought first things first, they still need to clinch this NLCS. Michael Kopek is the opener for the Dodgers Sham and I the left hander will go for the Mets. Dodgers Baseball's presented my Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, to go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CCHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end touch.
Speaker 8: Hey, quiet on the set. We got a real guy here. That's the one and only Mariachi. Joe Kelly on a bullpen day. Joe, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 9: A real person.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you having me on. It's the least I could bring to the team right now, besides positive vibes, you know, give them the voice confidence and you know I'm gonna be down there in the pen tonight with them.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 9: Every game. It's been fun to watch obviously this postseason right obviously I wish I was involved in a part of it, but you know, I like to try to help the team in any way I can, whether it's you know, some during San Diego is trying to look at their pictures see who their tendencies are. So it's just been things here and there. I wouldn't say, obviously any type of coaching, but I'm just here to bring the light the more fun of the baseball aspect during obviously a serious time.
Speaker 8: What's it like in a game like this, not only for Joe Kelly, but all those guys in that bullpen. What's the mood and how different is it than a normal game.
Speaker 9: I think we enjoy it more obviously when you're having a regular start, right the score, the situation, the length of your start of that night kind of dictates the game in one of these games. For a boven game, knowing that you're gonna be a part of it at some point, you kind of know your role throughout the day, throughout the evening. You know, score doesn't dictate it as much because the same guys will throw no matter what. You know, maybe just in a different order or a different time, but knowing you're gonna be able to pitch that day and play and be a big role, I think the boys definitely enjoyed a little bit more. Obviously, if you're doing throughout the season, you know every fourth game, you get tired, but there's there's there's no complaining when it's a playoff game.
Speaker 8: It feels like not only yourself, but other guys in that bullpen have described those relief pitchers as a group of dogs that really want in badly? Have you ever been part of a bullpen like that?
Speaker 9: Every years Divin Obviously the talent you have sometimes could match the talent we have here. But you know, when you bring the quality of character and plus talent plus friendships on and off the field, it's kind of irreplaceable.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: It's one of those things where it's everyone says that the teammates said, they're their brothers or you know, they're they're all there. Everyone likes each other. But down in our bullpen we have that. Plus we have the love from the position players, the starters. Usually bullpen guys are kind of isolated, right, and then the playoffs, you know everyone recognizes them, oh wow, like they help us win. But from day one here in this organization, this year, this spring training, we've kind of been recognized throughout the whole season. Our teammates have appreciated it. You know, you I've been on teams where you know, you could do your job and like you said, break records, throw thirty three scorers in the postseason, and you know, pushing players could just shower and go home. Here it's it's embraced.
Speaker 8: Joe Kelly is our guest, obviously tough for him to watch, but certainly being involved to help his teammates during this postseason run. How about the offense, Joe, I mean, these guys have really started to come together. Can you see from your vantage point how unselfish they're at bats are and how they're playing for each other.
Speaker 9: They've been there's times where they would say that they've throughout the whole entire season right now the postseason where it's like, man, that's often to day, or we threw away at bats after the fifth or after a big lead, we're down. It's easy to give up kind of at bats and turn into a self as player. But the fight that our guys have is has been pretty cool to watch. You know, Yeah you might strike out, yeah you might pop up with the guy in the third lesson two, but the consistency throughout our lineup from top to bottom of the focus and the intensity of you know, trying to one make a picture work and number two, when they throw a strike, you know do damage. You know, because you can throw, you get behind the counts, walk guys, and then some guy could jump ship and you get a first pitch double play and it ruins the whole offense. Right and right now, we're not doing that. We're still taking pitches. We're still trying to, you know, fight with two strikes. You know, throughout the year you might see guys one, two and you know, swinging for the fence, trying to strike out. And it's been kind of a different kind of mentality where you know, it might be down six runs at this point, but we'll get guys on first and second and you know we're still gonna working at bat. If I get out, I get out. But usually you see other teams we would just swing first pitch and get out and you know, kind of kill the inning. So it's been impressive to watch. It's hard to do as a player, obviously, when you're trying to win a World Series or a championship. It's easy to play for your teammates. But I think we've been doing it, you know a little bit before the playoffs even started, So we've been in that mindset.
Speaker 8: Joe, love catching up with you. You know, the city loves you, and obviously I know it hurts not being part of this, but it sounds like you're trying to do everything you can do help your team out because you obviously are one of the best teammates out there. So thanks a lot for the time. And baseball isn't boring.
Speaker 9: Baseball is not boring. Thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: DV.
Speaker 8: My guy, Joe Kelly, my third favorite Kelly in that family. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you, DV. Thank you, Joe Kelly.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night. That's Shaky's dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch, Game six of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets Game six to the National League Championship Series. First pitch him Dodger Stadium is coming up at five o eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four to Coomas here Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy.
Speaker 3: Shaman Iyah on the mound.
Speaker 2: Thirty two year old left hander seems to have resurrected his career this season with the Mets twelve and six with a three forty seven ERA. Making his fourth start this postseason, he wins six innings against the Brewers in the Wildcard Round, seven innings, one run, three hits against the Phillies, and the Nlds face the Dodgers in Game two of the NLCS at Dodger Stadium. Five innings, three runs, two hits, seven strikeouts. In the win, Michael Kopek will be the first Dodger out. The reliever is a twenty eight year old right hander six and eight with the three forty seven ERA, fifteen saves, sixty seven appearances between the White Sox and the Dodgers. With the Dodgers, twenty four appearances, four to oh one, thirteen ERA, six saves. So far this postseason, he's been nails five appearances a combined four and third innings. He's allowed just one hit while not giving up an earn run so far. How long will we go? While only once did he go more than an inning with the Dodgers since coming over with the deadline, that was on August tenth. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Eto wins Oyocha, Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea the showy Otani Loves and drinks availabley your local Diso stores, Target, and.
Speaker 3: Eto in dot Com.
Speaker 2: That's it, Oe n dot Com Dodgers mats for fifteen minutes away from first pitch, keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kaisei's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jeck On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mets Game six, so the NLCS. Michael Kopek is the opener for the Dodgers. Dodgers fans and Hancher listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim Kates, the Dodgers trying to make more franchise history on a date Moll on which they've made history before. You think about nineteen eighty eight, it was on October twentieth of that year, behind a complete game from the Bulldog Oral Herscheiser, they won the eighty eight Fall Classic. You think back to twenty eighteen Game seven of the Championship Series, the Dodgers and Brewers and Cody Bellinger had a big performance. Twenty twenty Game one of the World Series against the Rays, the Dodgers won that. Well. Here in twenty twenty four, they are one win away from getting back to the World Series, but there is still some angst because of what happened in Game five in New York. The Mets just bludging the Dodgers. And then here in game six you got a bullpend game in Sean and Iah So will they make more positive history tonight? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, if the Dodgers offensively, you're gonna do something about Sean and Iah. They have to take on a different approach than they had the first time up. Oh Maaniah walked a lot of batterers, but he also struck out seven in that five inning workload that he had. So Mania is a different guy than what we have seen in the past because he changed the arming. We talked about it before he had the the start here. So the Dodgers need to get back together and start to gang up on pitchers at the same time, That's exactly what the Mets are going to do and try and do against Michael Kopec and company because a lot of people are going to be follow him. The Mets have had a few days now, Stephen to kind of embellish upon that good feeling they had in winning a must win game in New York to bring this series back to LA.
Speaker 4: And they have positive vibes in their lineup. Some guys who were dorm Pete Alonzo, Francisco Alvarez have erupted in the last game, Starling Marte the last three games. Who's on some sort of tear. Of course, you're always wary of Lindor at the top. So we're all looking at that first inning, the zero from Michael Kopek and allowed start for the Dodgers against Sean and I. That is the hope in their game plan. Can they execute it? First pitch coming up shortly from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: All right, first pitch is next. Are you ready, Dodger fans?
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Game six of the NLCS is next. Michael Kopek on the mound. When we return, I'm Tim Katz has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network