Speaker 1: It was even though you know, we're over a week into the new administration, yesterday was it was like it was the first day. It was just insane. And it because everyone was doing the thing that they do, right, so Trump's doing the thing, you know, He's doing the things he said he was gonna do when he was running in the h and I keep using the term, but there's no other way to say it. It's, you know, it's the drinking from the fire hose method of governing, and the media has got to try to keep up. And it caused that situation I told you about yesterday, where like the he repealed affirmative action and nobody really covered it very much. And eight years ago, that would have been an insane thing in the in the news cycle, like everyone would have been freaking out. It would have had all the gas. They would have pointed out that it's almost Black History Month and that's by design, and then leave out the context that this is when we put a new president in the whole thing would have been backcraped, crazy and nothing. So yesterday the media finally able to coalesce around a narrative. The narrative is Trump just shut off all the government all the people will starve, all the old people will die. There's gonna be no medicaid. There's gonna be no medicare. There's gonna be no food stamps. There's gonna be no police. I don't even have time to list all the things, even though I was able to when I started seeing these, I was able to go and look at the statements and the order, and it specifically did not, I repeat, did not affect those programs. What it did affect, and it is a pause, I would point out, is all the this other ancillary stuff, all this these crazy stories that come up from time to time or annually get put in that book of government waste that a couple senators like to put out, and you know, things like rubbers for Gaza and which that whole thing is crazy. Russo made a bunch of pictures this morning. Apparently he too was looking at that. If you don't know what it is, wait for it. We'll get to it, because I don't even know what to think. They're also, man, you want a rabbit hole? Do you remember the story here from inauguration day in Vermont, right up by the Canadian border, where a US Border Patrol agent was shot and killed. Do you know who they claim did it and who you're dealing with there, because that was a weird story, right, Like a lot of people probably maybe they saw the name or something, but they didn't really understand what was going on there and why a border patrol age. Maybe they thought they were apprehending people coming to It's far crazier than that. The the suspects here, let me read this. It's a couple, okay, but it's more than a couple. They are like Montana militia style, but it's a cult of of trans militia. It's it's crazy. I told you it's crazy. And federal law enforcement have been actually surveilling Felix Ophilia Backolt and Theresa Milo young Blood who goes by They literally in the press release here they have the pronouns z zemzers. Is that for both Okay, it's both of them. The reason that law enforcement decided to go ahead and roll up on them that day is the couple had gone to a motel in Lyndonville, Vermont, and the people at the hotel said something, saw something, said something. But also they were being surveilled, so in whatever capacity they were being surveilled. Law enforcement saw what Motel staff saw, and that was them dressing up in a bunch of black tactical clothing, which isn't inherently illegal, but a crap ton of weapons, which also isn't necessarily illegal. And then also they had some sort of protective equipment, so I'm assuming that means ves, perhaps a shield of some sort. I don't know. So what do they do. They pulled them over, They're like, what's you know, let's let's see what's going on. And it was at that point they just decided they were going to shoot the police officer, also Backholt, the oh Felix Bachholt was killed and young Blood was injured and survived. So anyway, this thing, the more you dig into this thing, it just gets crazier and crazier, like the cult status, which I don't like, what does that even mean? They don't do a very good job of outlining it. But but yeah, that's what was going on up there, man. According to federal law enforcement. There's a bunch of photos and then like, uh, finally some journalists decided to dig into this, and and when you do, and they start talking like people in Berkeley in this this one article I was looking at. Yeah, Jessica Taylor, a Berkeley, California women who actually had been friends I think with one of them, confirmed that they went a little off the deep end there. So what's crazy, though, is have you seen anyone really covering it? The person who's covering this whose article I'm reading is Andy No. You know, the dude who who Antifa hates more than anything on earth? All right, so here we go. According to according to Andy Knows reporting, Ophelia, the one who ended up losing their life in the the shootout with police, was connected to a violent trans militant cell or cult centered around a person known as Zizz, which was both their pronouns and apparently their cult name. Court filing suggests the armed trans duo involved in the attack was connected to the Ziz cult and they the reason that they were surveilling them was more so, it wasn't just a stockpile of weapons. They were suspected in three homicides across the US, but they did not have enough to go in and arrest them. I'm sorry I'm skimming this because I literally just saw. I was only able to read about half of it before the show started. Here we go. All right, So three murders and also the attempted murder of an eighty two year old man Curty. Eighty two year old artist lind of Vallejo, California, survived an assassination attempt on his life when members of the ziz Trans terror group impaled him with a sword, took one of his eyes out. After the he was their landlord. He he was evicting them because you know, they decided they were going to go ahead and not pay any money for the place. And at the time he actually thankfully had a firearm and he took out one of the cult members. This this thing is just wild. Man. It impaled him with a sword as in a ritualistic fashion. How he was able to get a shot off, I don't know, all right, So the the Yeah, a cult member by the name of amer Emma Borhanian was killed at the time. Oh wow. The Texas House lg who it was a Texas resident. The Texas House LGBTQ Caucus honored Borhanian even though he died in the process of trying to murder the eighty two year old ritualistically with a sword and in fact it GoFundMe raised tens of thousands of dollars for Bohanian's family. I'm not gonna be able to get to all of this. Here's what I'm gonna do this. There is a giant thread that no put together. I am retweeting it right now. All right, so it is reposted. If you go to at CAC on the radio on Twitter, you can you can go down this rabbit hole will I'm going to continue to do it during breaks. But that's about as far as I got. So the crazy's not over, man. You know, some dude literally yesterday went to the mall with molotov cocktails to go kill the new Treasury Secord Jerry, right, Which that's an instant hate crime, right because he's gay, isn't That's how it works, right, just wondering because I I was, I was reliably informed. That's how that's how this works. So and in fact, the suspect in that case, according to authorities, initially was going to kill Pete hegg Seth and then for whatever reason, uh did the old switcheroo over to to actually know hold on, let me uh, let me read this. Yeah, so it was gonna go, yeah, it was gonna go kill Pete hegg Seth and I don't know. I guess that didn't work out. Then was gonna go kill Mike Johnson and then decided to kill Treasury Secretary Scott Descent that according to NBC News, by the way, before any of you, oh, you don't know he's gonna do, well, that's what they're reporting. So and if those are the people you trust, there you go, yeah, I think you got to go instan hate crime. I gotta think I gotta think the Justice Department is going to go throw everything they add. The question will be a kind of judge do they get if they get some moon bad judge? And I don't even know how that rolls out. So there you go a little fun and for volity to start your day. There is another thing we're gonna have to do. I'm gonna have to issue a correction on a story that we did yesterday, because you know, that's what we do. And when when you're wrong about something you need to be forthright, you generally need to do it around the same time or in the same manner like This is always the criticism of newspapers, you know, especially during the first Trump uh presidency, where they would write something and they would it would be splashed on the front page and it would be incredibly wrong. And then, you know, like two weeks of feet dragon later, they put it in you know, second for six or something of the paper and everybody knew what was up. No, you got to do it in the same manner that you did it, so that you make sure that you're correcting this in front of people. And I messed up yesterday on the story of the of the lift driver that was fired. Now, if you don't remember this story, there was a woman, a rather large woman, who was videoing this this whole situation where she had called a lift and the lift driver refused to let her in the car she called a regular lift, and I pointed out that she was six hundred pounds. Well we know more today. One she's a rapper from Detroit, which I did not know, So I apologize for leaving that out. I didn't know she was famous. Also, when I said that type TUPAC was six hundred pounds, she's only five hundred pounds according to her own attorney. Now you're probably wondering why Rose Malone has an attorney, and the reason is is because she's not just concerned with getting the lift driver fired. No, No, heaviest d is filing a lawsuit ensuing Lyft for a lot of money. And it was at this point I realized that triple exhibit here was this is a shakedown and probably a publicity stunt in my opinion. Okay, it's like it's too instant coordinated. The video was running. She probably had encountered something like this before and thought to herself, you know what, I'm gonna do this and when they show up, I'll be filming, so I have all the evidence and then we can go We can go ahead and and make some money. But I had to correct it. So when I said yesterday that da Belly was six hundred pounds, what I meant to say, according to her attorney, says, I don't want to get sued because it's clear that Lardie b heres after some money. She's only five hundred pounds and not six hundred and is a rapper, so you know, are bad or by bad ross. I don't hang Ross into this in case the lawsuit comes. But that was that was my bad. So if asap Rocky Road here's this, I'm sorry you're still in my opinion doing a shakedown and this was coordinated and it's it's been and you literally cost this dude his or at least part of his livelihood. And Lyft should be ashamed of themselves because they know. Look, their lawyers are sitting in the back and they understand that heaviest d is shaking them down. So if like they realize it, then maybe Lyft should uh fix this and not let Jacola win. Okay, all right, we got that. I know what you say. You say, Casey, is there no parody with a little in front? And I would say little Plump would work too, or John in the east Side boys, little John, We'll be back phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Wait where do we want to start? Well, well, Ross, I think you put it very succinctly just a moment ago when we were chatting. It's pretty clear to people with eyes and the ability to reason that whatever you give Hamas, no matter how benign or non weapony, it is seemingly their first thing is to sit in a room with the think tank and go, how can we weaponize this to kill Jews? Case in point, prophylactics man, this story, Oh, my this story because at first, if you're just hearing about it and it's not a news story, but when you first hear about it, the outrage lies with the idea, well, let's go ahead and actually hear from the new White House Press Secretary, Miss Levitt, who I thought did a great job yesterday. Is we got a bunch of cuts from her. Yesterday was her first one and she's standing up there. There was there was a couple little jitters at the beginning. I think I would have been far worse. This isn't even a criticism because now you're there. Now, if you're in the world of pr and communications, you are in the number one job in the world. If there's anything bigger than that, I don't know what it is. And you're staring and and you're staring at a room full of people who the majority of which hate you, and over however long your tenure is, we'll spend every waking moment trying to get you, trying to confuse you, trying to catch you off guard. And what I was really impressed with is this isn't a knock on mcanany Levitt didn't have a binder in front of her, and yet as you'll come to find out if you play these cuts. She knew all of her stuff, and she knew everybody's name. She knew everybody's name, which means she studied that chart. Now granted she's she's been in it, so she knows a lot of these folks. But she doesn't know everybody in that room. But she knew everybody in that room, and she knew all the information top of her head. That's wildly impressive. Think about how it is for Russ. Name all of our salespeople. Go ahead, name all we have.
Speaker 2: We have salespeople.
Speaker 1: This is my point.
Speaker 2: There's Tim, who had been with the company forever, good old Tim. Yeah, there's John.
Speaker 1: There's even a Johnny Greens.
Speaker 2: Think we have a Jeff?
Speaker 1: Oh is that JT's name? Is that who he's in programming? Okay, this is my point. Right, you probably don't even know everyone you work with, if you have more than five people at your company, if anybody's new, because look, here's the deal. How many of you work in the thing where you got to give it about six months to see if you'll decide to remember their name. It's for everyone's own good because you know, breakups are hard to do, and and you know, selling radio can be a tough job. Some people excel immediately at it and some don't. Some people, you know, just doesn't work out. So so watching her go through that room and know everybody that was that was very impressive. But let's get to the let's get to the rubbers, shall we.
Speaker 3: Just during this pause a Doge and Omb have actually found that there was thirty seven million dollars that was about to go out the door to the World Health Organization, which is an organization as you all know, that President Trump, with the swipe of his pen in that executive order, is no longer wants the United States to be a part of so that wouldn't be in line with the president's agenda. Doj and Omb also found that there was about to be fifty million taxpayer dollars that went out the door to fund condoms in Gaza. That is a preposterous waste of taxpayer money. So that's what this pause is focused on, being good stewards.
Speaker 4: Of tax dollar.
Speaker 1: So you what you first think is that's just misguided health blah blah blah whatever, But it doesn't account for the reality on the ground because rather than using the prophylactics to avoid making New Hamas members, which in that at that point you could at least attempt to argue to me, it's an investment. That's not what they were using them for. No, no, no, they were turning them into flaming aerial Molotov cocktails and floating them into Israel, which is which is really ingenious actually, right because obviously the iron dome there is is look for missiles and stuff, like they're not looking for hundreds of flaming condoms.
Speaker 2: Like they remind me of like I had this buddy, right, I think we all had that one buddy who when we were younger, they could turn anything into a bong. Yeah, Like whatever you give them, they're like, I'm going to turn that into a bom gonna smoke out of that thing. Whatever you send over there, whatever it is, they're be like, how can we use this to kill Jews?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And and and it's like, you know, it's one of those things where they like they bust some dude who's run who's like really really good at business, running a drug empire, and it's like, bro, you're so good at business, like you could be legit. What are you doing so. Like, if if you're able to literally mastercraft anything they send you so you can kill Jews, you probably should start a tech startup or something, right, but not one that makes things to kill Jews. One that makes people's lives better. I don't know, just a thought, because you're good at tinkering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then they couldn't killed Jews.
Speaker 1: I understand that, and that is the rub for them. I understand that. But you know, maybe they make some money and then donate it to people to kill Jews. I don't know, there's not a you know, there's a all right, so, and I'm looking at pictures of these things, so you're going all the way, are they filling the causs? No, they're using the condoms essentially as balloons, and then under them you have the you know, the little bomby explodey thing. I'm very technical, so you may not be able to keep up. But yeah, this headline flaming condoms newest threat to Southern Israel.
Speaker 2: And after I've seen I saw elon Musk post this last night. After reading the headline and seeing that it was from the Jerusalem Post, I'm like, I remember us talking about this during COVID because it was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: It was in twenty twenty when the Jerusalem Post did it. So that's the other thing too, So they've no let's say that they found out only on the day this article was published, which I don't believe, right, because obviously our intelligen is co mingled with with with Israel because they're they're one of the eyes. Let's say. But let's say the US government only found out when the Jerusalem Post ran this article in twenty twenty, how is there still a budget to send all of these condoms five years later, or even if it was the end of the year four years later, because you're like, well, why I didn't use them in the in the budoir They used them to as to kill the Jews or attempt to Here we go. Jerusalem Post reported in twenty twenty the scores of condoms were being used to create ied carrying balloons that wins would carry into southern Israel, which would cause you know, school yards, farmers, basically anyone who's outside at that point, you know how they do the alarms. Everybody runs to stuff. Well they see these things coming over and it shuts down whatever's going on, and they knew about it, and they still had a byline in there. The unraveling, the absolute unraveling of all of these programs, all of these non governmental organizations. I posted this yesterday and I saw others have arrived at the same conclusion. It's it's it's it's very clear because there's so much of this, and there's all these little one off organizations that all do really kind of weird stuff that all were funded, all were getting money, and uh the term to best describe it is moonbat basic income minimum basic income. Right. So if if you are an absolute soldier for the woke, all this wokeism, and you went you got a garbage degree right in uh I one of the one of the non traditional humanities, and you're you're you're an activist. They made sure you weren't without a job, man, you would have some basically no show thing working for this non governmental organization which somehow got a contract to go ahead. And we'll get into some of the lists here, but just do stuff that no taxpayer really wants to pay for. That's what they're going after right now. They're going to go one by one through these during the pause and go no not doing this, No, we're not doing this, and people who are arguing that that's not within the purview of the executive branch aren't necessarily accurate as not as we understand it. And I can prove this because California got sued for taking dollars and adopting the broadest definition for viable use. And it was and it went all the way up to the night was Night Circuit whatever the one over there in California is. And of course they're like, no, look if it had the word green in it, and even if it said green port stuff, this is what the lawsuit was about. It's still only you could earmark basically all the money for green stuff because somebody put in there that this is to promote green projects. So now you're getting the It wasn't meant that way. It was meant to do things like maybe open some additional shipping some you know, they get some crane so you can unload ships faster, because we were having all these supply chain issues. And they just said no, and so they took the money and they didn't expand any of the capacity. They just swapped out you know, old style fossil fuel trucks for green trucks which then plug in to power that's created through fossil fuels. Sheer insanity man, So no, not necessarily, and if it needs to be changed at the congressional level, Congress can do this, and it's not. If it's not new spending, they don't need sixty votes in the Senate, and the House is a simple majority there as would be the Senate. So they're saying one thing which could be partially accurate, but also quickly overcome, so long as they can rally it, because if they want to go one by one, it will take a very long time. So what likely will happen is they'll cut or redirect funds to of these insane things, which are nothing more than welfare for moon bats that they can call on immediately, right they can get them. These are the experts that sign things. These are their soldiers, and they can go through and really try to weaponize this. But what they're going to be staring at if there actually has to be legislation, is a list of programs like the one with the condoms, and then they're going to have to go out and defend them, and they will misconstrue what they are. They'll say that they're trying to get. They're trying to they're taking away STD prevention is how they'll word that one. And then you know, Johnny doesn't pay attention, sitting there on his couch with his idiot wife going, can you believe that the Republicans want people to get the aids? They're evil? Mark my words, that's the path we're on. So I have seen steely resolve thus far within the new administration, and that's what it's gonna take, because they're going to accuse you of everything from trying to kill Nana to uh wanting babies to get cancer? Right, remember that, you remember that with the Continuing Resolution, even though there had been a standalone bill to fund infant cancer research that Democrats would not allow, they didn't allow out of a committee, and then when it was in this omnibus bill with everything else, then they're like, do you see that they want to they want babies to die of cancer. And then that same idiot on his couch, oh, let me send you ten dollars only to have Act Blues say I donated seven hundred times ten thousand dollars. That's another scan. All of this is absolutely scandalous and That's why they're gonna fight so hard, because this is the fallback. This is your reward for being a good soldier, going out, gluing yourself to stuff when necessary, showing up every now and then one of you flips out, hides in the bushes to shoot Trump and your whole racket. If they are successful, here is done. You're all out of a job. This is literally what Barack. Remember when Barack Obama said that Isis's problem was they didn't have jobs, he wasn't a thousand percent wrong, right, Because if you're when the terrorist organizations lean heavily into the hopelessness, because it's you can tell people that the reason they're poor and the reason that they don't have opportunity is not because the leaders of Hamas are stealing all of it and living in giant London mansions or in Qatar. Before they throw them out, they tell them it's because the Jews did it, or the US did it, or the West did it, or whoever it is. And it's easier to weaponize those people. So you're about to have a bunch of the hardest core leftist activists who's who just had this spigot turned off the money ain't flowing no more, and frankly, their ideology and the things that they were advocating for have fallen out of style with Americans. Ten years ago, a third of the country supported mass deportations. The number now in every single poll I've seen is over fifty percent, and the majority are in the high fifties low sixties. Is done. And so much of this money also is attached to a lot of these These the immigration, migration, illegal immigration, you name it, organizations whose sole thing was to advocate. These are the folks who were printing guides and arming people with literally what to say. They don't even speak the language, and they were arming them with, say, telling I fear for my safety because and then you pick, you know, pick one of the reasons. And at that point, oh well, if you fear for your safety, here you go, well what are you talking about? Those are the groups that we're talking about. These are the groups that were moving them around the country, making it that much harder, under the cover of oh, we're just you know, we're being helpful, and yeah, there's some religious organizations tied into this stuff. It's gonna get messy. But what do you think, what do you think a million unemployed, hardcore, pink haired, bull ring in the nose leftists. And I understand that I'm generalizing. I'm stereotyping here, but am I, what do you think they're gonna do? You don't think they're gonna throw on some ANTIFA gear and h and fire away because now it's not government money necessarily, it's a bunch of rich lunatics who fund this stuff. I don't want to be that guy. But if they're successful in purging a lot of this, then there's going to be violence, and I don't celebrate that. But am I go ahead explain to me how my logic is wrong. This is the realization I sat there and pondered and thought about yesterday and then I'm like, damn it. And then I went and made myself some dinner, and I'm thinking, I'm like, they're gonna the mostly peaceful summer if they're successful and fast tracking this, where are those people gonna go? If not to the streets to attack people? So some scary times could be out there, and I don't want it, not for a minute. But it's also not Republican's fault. Some of it mightea is I'm sure there's some NGOs in there that are purely on them. But no, no, no, no, this is what Democrats have wrought, much as I explained with illegal immigration yesterday. This is dangerous stuff and it's there doing. We'll be back. Oh number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four coming up on this show. Oh that's interesting, huh, weirdness there. So Ross, I was typing into Google NC auditor because I always had I go and make I want to check a bio if we have a guest coming up, because the new state auditor is coming on. Do you know? Would you do this? Will you pop Google open on your computer please? I want you to type NC space au I've gotten that far, and tell me what your predictive search results say, the ones that where the little thing drops down and you can click so you don't have to finish typing. So I'm typing to get Bullock our state auditors bio, just so I have it in front of me because he's going to be joining us at eight oh five. So as I start typing this, it gives me NC auditor, which is good. That's what I'm going to type. And then on the predictive it has Beth Wood. Okay, she was auditor for a long time. She's probably in there NC Auto Repair. I guess you could go there and then it says NC Auditor Jessica Holmes.
Speaker 2: Now mine is completely different.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, because here's the thing. All right, so does it have Bullock in there?
Speaker 2: No, it goes NC State Auditor candidates, race, election, salary jobs, engineering.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's weird, interesting, Okay. Anyway, Yeah, so that's my long way of saying that Dave Bullack will join us. Now, why am I having Davon so we can talk auditing or monster trucking the cars with state cars? No? No, no, although jokes will probably be made. Bullock is one of two Council of State office holders who decided to purge openly announce the purging of DEI from his office. So what does that mean? I don't know what it means. I mean, obviously the otter's office isn't gigantic, but what does that look like? And also what do you do when people are trying to actively skirt stuff. I'm sure you've seen all of these side by side photos that have emerged where it's like where the title is, you know, a vice president of a diversity, Equity and Inclusion and then all of a sudden last week their title on the government website is just some generic thing which really doesn't mean anything where they're clearly trying to hide what they do. So and by the way, as they get busted, they'll get purged. And if you're mad, I don't know if you saw what Trump did, dude, I'm sorry. This is this is funny. And I know people like, oh, these are people's lives. I understand that, but who knows better than anyone what the actual the ability to do For those of us who work in the private sector, Our staffing looks nothing like it looked like five years ago, ten years ago, fifteen years ago, unless I guess you're in a startup that's rapidly growing. But even in those cases, look at what look at what Elon Musk did with Twitter. He has what twenty five percent of the original workforce. It's some crazy low number, between thirty and twenty percent, And there's eighty twenty rule. I'm not if you've ever heard of this, and it really goes to twenty percent of the people are going to do about eighty percent of the eighty percent of the work. It's I'm probably misdescribing it, but basically, you get yourself into a big, bloated corporation and especially a bloated governmental organization, and it's it's very clear that you can trim some of that fat. You can trim some of that fat. And there's countless stories where you know, people who who have worked there say, you know what was crazy is we could have we could we could do this thing with half the staff here because we're literally told by our bosses to work slower or they create intentional slowdowns. So there's never really the highest of expectations. And if you ever get put in a position where you need to up your productivity, let's say your goals are five percent, it's easy to do that because you have artificially low numbers. What is this.
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Hang on, so I'll deal with this in a moment. So what Trump did yesterday going around is he offered buyouts. So if you're sitting there and you realize you work in a department where not much is accomplished, or you don't like who's in charge now, or any of the rest, rather than just getting fired or sidelined or whatever, it is they're offering a buyout. Now, the buyouts are different depending on what you do, length a variety of things. And all you have to do, and this is what made me laugh, open up your email of your government account and send to that. There's an HR address for the federal government and just you don't have to write anything in the body of the email. You can just write the word resign and the butt. Okay, So this is what Ross is literally emailing me. It says free day off today in the subject line, and then he added the emphasis thing the stupid Now it's on my iPhone and it's the thing where the word shows up and then it goes big free hard. But you can't will you can't will this into exist. What are you a TikToker? Where you're what is it the word they use manifest? You manifest? You're not manifesting stuff in a single line and sending it to me doesn't do any good. You got to send it to Bob Pittman or Travor or you know one of the people.
Speaker 2: Who have pull man.
Speaker 1: It's legal now, it's not in the Are you a federal government worker? Are you a federal You can't write resign today back to tomorrow. That doesn't that's not how resigning works either.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 1: I know you're not a lawyer, but I at.
Speaker 2: One point did consider becoming a pair of legal, which I believe is more powerful than a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Did you was this roughly when you were working evening so you had to watch TV during the middle of the day when they have all the divrye commercials. Okay, almost got you? Did that?
Speaker 2: A paradonnist is like a super dentist, a pairalegal.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no. Those are a lawyer and a dnnist that are in a wheelchair. So he obviously doesn't know what words mean. So I can just say this, I'm gonna turn that off. There we go. Let me know, by the way, if any of that pants out, so I can send my own demands. Okay, would SAYE, I can see s type is. I don't know what it is. I'm going to close this down. H So anyway, yeah, if you're so, if you're a federal employee, always making the word go big again, by the way, I could for much just a moment. If if Ross's goal was to distract he's just accomplished this. Whoever designed the new emphasis way that the iPhone works with the messaging system where if you just hold the button for a split second too long and move your finger to the right, it takes everything you just wrote and adds the emphasis whatever it is to choose from. So you have to delete all of it. And the person who redesigned the photo apps, which I don't have a lot of photos. I don't really take photos, but I have a lot of screenshots that I use for Twitter posts and stuff. Resign. Send an email to Tim Cook and yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, the the the the photos app is so bad. It's so bad.
Speaker 1: I only need two things, and I need the screenshot I just took right because I take it and I may want to edit it so I can pop it into the Twitter and then my memes folder, and I have, I mean really every that's almost everything on my phone is stupid memes. There's a there are some photos that I've obviously taken for myself. Most of its social media stuff, and it's not me. It's not like your wife's cell phone, which is her in front of everything while you take it. Okay, I'm not talking about Ross's wife and Joe. Maybe that is. But does your wife have a lot more photos than you should? Probably done tons of them? Yes, yeah, okay, all right, so now you've made it. If I want to go to my meme folder, you know how far I got to scroll on that damn thing, And it used to be I just hit the drop down and boom, there it is, and I put a little asterisk in front of it so it would populate first on the thing. Now it's all the way at the bottom. Who are you? What? What? What? Demon? Maybe it's the Ouiji board demon from the story we coming up? Who decided to do that? Send Tim Cook an email resign or I'm gonna have elon fire you into the sun. Okay? So annoying? All right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So there's so much craziness. Tell you what, Let's do this. We'll do a rundown of the first White House press briefing with a new press officer, Ms. Levitt. I thought it went great. There's a lot of interesting stuff. We got drones and press credentials, all sorts of goodies. And I think this woman who appears to be insane, although I have seen people who are very much on the religious side that this may be. I think her husband is just a genius. Videos making the rounds, you know, some of them political, some of them not, some of them just like Carnival sideshow. That's the thing, like the side shows of the twenties with the people with the deformed whatever or the beard or you name it, like that didn't go away. That's just it's just digital. Now. That's what we get on the internet for some people, just swimming it all day and I guess maybe it makes them feel better whatever. So that being said right now, and then I get drug over. So I saw this one going around to this lady with a pile of notebooks and a Ouiji board and I'm like, I am clicking on this. She looks backcrap crazy, And then I started watching it. I'm a play some for you will retweet it so you can stare in awe on your own. But here we go.
Speaker 4: The state of the world right now. I feel compelled to share with TikTok something I don't talk about very often, that because it makes me sound insane and I don't know if it's real or not or what it is. But basically since twenty thirteen, me and my husband have essentially been talking to some thing on a Ouiji board.
Speaker 1: All right, and I want to point out my first initial thought, and Ross you can tell me what you think. My first thing is. I just assume this is going to be all a setup, right, all fake. But like if it is, the amount of work they put into those notebooks and stuff, and she doesn't sound like she's act I don't even know how to describe it. So again, I don't know. It could be all fake. The Internet's full of that crap. But also I have another theory, so let's continue. Oh and it's about the end of the world, so you're gonna want to pay attention.
Speaker 4: Goes by the name of seven, who has been telling us that the world is going to end May twenty seven, twenty twenty five. And I have pages and pages and pages of our correspondence with this thing, like pages and pages and pages, and I have it here raw, just what I've written down, and I have it on Google docs and Google docs. It comes out to like eighty some pages.
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple things when the Google docs could be a I generate Again, I try to poke holes in this stuff. And I know what you're saying. That sounds crazy, but is she any less crazy than those weird scientists with their doomsday clock that we had to see yesterday. Ross Alcohut went away eighty nine seconds, right.
Speaker 2: And the people are so annoying, and they're also annoying.
Speaker 1: There's always every picture they post every year, are is the picture of the most boring people you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But it's there super imaginary, made up clock based on nothing to scare people. And it's just like, oh, well there's a Republican in office now, so oh you gotta be afraid. And we pushed the clock up ten seconds now, but like if Biden gets in there, like, whoa, we're going to push the clock back a ten seconds? Come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And especially like here's how you know that their whole their algorithm is broken. You know, this guy this first four years was the last president in moder in history to not start a conflict. So arguably, arguably your clock should go back. So we know it's busted. Ross wants his own clock to scare people too, so don't let him fool you. So he's been making predictions. But anyway, so is that clock any more accurate than this Chickswuiji board. I don't know. Let's find out.
Speaker 4: And I should purpose this by saying, hold.
Speaker 1: On, I am I not hearing audio there, hang on.
Speaker 4: And I should purpose this by saying, well, that's.
Speaker 2: Great, it's plait.
Speaker 1: It's plain last night, I don't have any return on my button bar there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no reason for that, all right. So I think Casey's feed just completely died. He's staring at me here through the we have like a George Zimmerman short of sort of camera here. We don't have a window because the company can't afford a window, and he's making these really panicky sort of what is happening now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, we have completely crapped the bed. So I'm going to go to break and try to fix everything. We'll be right back. It's the case you to a radio program, we hope.
Speaker 1: All right. So I think the gut button bars fixed. I might have spazed out a little there. I apologize. One of those days. In fact, poor race Ageic gets to stuff for the bront because he joins us, now, how are you doing there? Ray? Because normally would have gone to you after I was done with my audio and then then I couldn't hear the audio, and then I hit the wrong button and your weatherbed play. Just it's been a morning. It happens.
Speaker 6: It happens, So make everything better, shall we? Yeah, we will mild, but not even close to record warmth. For example, yesterday and Rowley sixty one, the record will stay at seventy eight. That was in nineteen forty four Greensboro, so that's try at fifty nine. The record there also seventy eight, and that one also in nineteen forty four, so it's been warmer, but still we're near above sixty degrees as we head on through the coming days, Today most likely upper fifties, a lot of sunshine around Tomorrow partly Sunday lows will still be down close to freezing and augusty breeze around, especially this afternoon the north northwest. And then as we get to Friday, still looks like the wet day, maybe some decent rain, occasional rain and showers around, but the highs will be in the upper fifties to low sixties. And then the weekend is going to be great. We're right near sixties we get into February, but the warmest days are yet to come early next week, low to maybe mid sixties Monday Tuesday and lots of sunshine. So that should have made you feel better. Case see one rain day and then the ends the book ends today Thursday, and then Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. All looking great, feeling great. Pretty nice stretch here now of milder weather as our pattern kind of shifted now to a more maritime influence off the Pacific, more.
Speaker 1: Zonal west east.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah. What that means is what you just heard, no chance of any wintery pre sip and above average temperatures at least over the next six to ten days. And I took a little peek further out it might last even longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know why it's so great because you've taken beautiful weather and you've also aligned it with days people can play golf on usually and not exactly what they're stuck in the office. It's this very simple formula, man, it is it is one or two. But yeah, I love it. It'd be great. Yep, very good, thank you, sir, appreciate it. There you go, race agic from the Weather Channel. All right, then I just almost threw to a break, which then would have caused Ross dispads out. But now we're taking this thing to the end at least of this hour, and then we're gonna chat with State Auditor Dave Bollock. All right, So I don't know, maybe I started talking about this Ouiji board and that's what happened. I want to be clear here too, Like a Wuiji board is a tool, it's a conduit, but like it's the concept of opening oneself to something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm being gonna be completely honest like Markey, and I won't allow them in our house. Like I've I've listened to enough George Norri where I know that that stuff is evil.
Speaker 1: I believe in any of the religious concept you know, the the specific religious doctrine, if you have any sense of spirituality about.
Speaker 2: You, correct, right, Because you're like, oh, well, it's just like a board produced in a factory and a stupid thing that goes on top of it and that. Yeah, but you're opening up yourself to that, to that energy, and I won't Nope, Yeah, nope.
Speaker 1: Because let's say, let's say even none of it's real, but you're left unsettled by it, which clearly this woman is if, if it's real, how is that a positive experience for you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Why would you do something that is most likely just gonna make you feel really bad? Because she's she's talking about doomsday man.
Speaker 4: And I'm a normal person. My husband's a normal person. We have jobs. We're not witches, we're not Satanists, we don't do stuff like this. We started this as for fun in twenty thirteen, July twenty thirteen, we had nothing else to do. We got on a wigi board for fun and it just kind of took off from there and we have continued to talk to it. And I should also say we are not We're not like super smart people, right, We're not like geniuses. But this thing kind of seems like it is. Let me show you. So it does stuff like speak in binary by speak, I mean, you know, it's giving us ones and zeros to write down on the Ouiji board. I'm recording this and in the moment we have no idea of what this means. We googled it later. This is again July twenty thirteen, and it turns out it's binary, but it's backwards binary, so in this way it meant nothing. But when we reverse the numbers it meant hello because it does that a lot. It speaks backwards a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that dude, that's super weird. That is so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing. You know that my probably my favorite genre of movies is I love horror movies. Love horror movies, man. And although I don't like necessarily, I don't like the slasher ones, give me some, give me some supernatural there, give me some of that anytime. There's a gazillion Exorcist movies. Most of the things she talks about are in movies, including a reference to a demon called seven, talking about arch demons and stuff. But that's another thing. What were we gonna say? I'm sorry? Right?
Speaker 2: Like you like the suspense, right, not like the hostile type stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I like the movie Hostile, but for different reasons, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right, So it's it's either in a very very elaborate ruse, which is possible, or a demon coming through the Ouiji board.
Speaker 6: Or or.
Speaker 1: I did she like she didn't disclose everything the demon told her to do, Like maybe the demon convinced her to pretend it's her husband's birthday every day of the year.
Speaker 2: Do you kind of so you think the husband is like speaking backwards binary on the Ouiji board in other languages as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, if if you're at if you want the prize, you got to put in the work, So.
Speaker 2: Just do the dishes.
Speaker 1: Man, he's like, oh, how can I get this thing that I want? I'm gonna learn Samerian backwards?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, why does it keep telling me to invite my sister over? What's up with that?
Speaker 4: So it speaks also in backwards languages that we don't speak. We don't speak it forwards, we don't speak it backwards. This is I believe it was Latin. I believe it means salutations or something like that. I have again, I have all the details in my Google doc.
Speaker 1: That's another By the way, I'm not going to play this whole cut here. This that's another trope man, where it's like, wait, you get one of these things and then the spirit from beyond is speaking, but they always sound like an upity nineteen hundred's englishman salutations, right, It's it's weird stuff. Weird.
Speaker 4: Just goes on to say contact two.
Speaker 1: All right, here's what I want. Let's get to the end of the world.
Speaker 4: Shall we goes on to say Contact two succeeded eighteen thousand, five hundred and thirty four days ago, which was August. I think that's seventeenth, nineteen sixty two. I think that had something to do with JFK and the Bay of Pigs. We have JFK, but historically Contact three, that's US fails twenty nine thousand, one hundred and forty nine days after Contact one, four thousand, three hundred and twenty four days in your future, which is May twenty seventh, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so all that to say that her Ouiji board or her horny husband, it's going to be end of May.
Speaker 2: So as believe as this all sounds right, the factor mains the Buffalo Bills are going to win the Super Bowl in twenty twenty six. So I don't believe anything she's saying.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what it speaks backwards sixty two oh two.
Speaker 2: So you're saying we're gonna win one in sixty.
Speaker 1: Two oh two. Wait, all this tracks sixty two oh two. I think Josh Allen will still be playing man win win is a win. Yeah. What you guys need to do is UH is not playing playoff games. Where they have refs with X ray vision so I can see right through players. All right, I'm sorry. I wasn't gonna go here, it's too soon, but anyway, so yeah, the big old buckets are crazy there, man, I saw that thing floating around. All right, here's some here's some non dema. Well maybe if you're if you're a hardcore progressive, you think this is demonic. Watching Catherine Levitt the new White House Press sect Terry yesterday again thought she did a good job. She didn't have a binder in front of her, yet seemed to know everything that she wanted to say and anticipate the questions and numbers and you name it. Knew everybody's name, far more impressive than us. As we talked about earlier in the show. If you asked Ross and I to name all the salespeople, maybe Pry.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 1: P not a, notother personal just you know, we've got multiple markets. These thing's happen, all right, So let's get into it. And I really love that one of the first things she got into was the drones, the new Jersey drones. And this is crazy, man, because it begged several questions.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it first and before I turned to questions, I do have news directly from the President of the United States that was just shared with me in the Oval Office from President Trump directly an update on the New Jersey drones. After research, Instead of the drones that were flying over New Jersey and large numbers were authorized to be flown by the FAA for research and various other reasons. Many of these drones were also hobbyists, recreational and private individuals that enjoy flying Jones in meantime, In time, it got worse due to curiosity.
Speaker 2: This was not the enemy.
Speaker 1: Now the second part fully we predicted that on the show one thousand percent. As people were seeing this, I'm like, no, Well, the other thing is this is, if the drones are a thing, a big chunk of the more recent drones have to be drone enthusiasts flying around to see what the drones are like. That was totally predictable. Got it or messing with their neighbors or whatever. But the first thing she said, those are FAA authorized and it's for research purposes, which means the previous administration authorized those drones, knew they were flying around and allowed panic to ensue and then pretended like they didn't know. They could have just said, hey, it's a thing. And don't get me wrong, there are absolute legitimate reasons why the Federal U the US federal government would have an interest in drone technology usage, whether it is for as people talked about, locating a dirty bomb, got it far more efficient in certain situations than some of the ways that we do it now, especially if you've got to get really close. Obviously you're seeing in Ukraine they just did you see they just hit Russia's i think fourth most productive refinery. That was drones that did that. The whole thing is on fire still, so I've got it. But what the hell are you researching in New Jersey? You tell me you can't go out to you know, you can't do this on a military base or if you need to have a population center. We have giant military basis that have giant cities within them. I think there might be one moon just to the south of the studios here.
Speaker 2: Or were they researching, Hey, where did the nuclear material go?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What explain this to me? And they they chose not to, man, they chose not to But she was a pitbull man and they hit her with those gotcha questions and she was having none of it. This with the immigration stuff.
Speaker 3: Immigration, of the thirty five hundred arrests ICE is made so far since President.
Speaker 1: Trump came back into office, can.
Speaker 3: You just tell us the numbers how many have a criminal record versus those who are just.
Speaker 7: In the country illegally?
Speaker 1: All right, So that is a setup question, right, because it's in either or how many of criminal records? How many are in the country.
Speaker 3: Allege with them because they illegally broke our nation's laws and therefore they are criminals as far as this administration goes. I know the last administration didn't see it that way. So it's a big culture shift in our nation to view someone who breaks our immigration laws as a criminal. But that's exactly what they are.
Speaker 1: They've all had a criminal record, and welcome.
Speaker 3: To the if they broke our nation's laws, Yes they are criminal.
Speaker 1: Yes, and these reporters know that. Pretty glad to have you a long And as we have been discussing this morning, there's a whole lot of changes, and of course everyone's freaking out in Washington, d C. With things like enter the word resign to resign or you're going to have to come back to the office or we're gonna start digging into these NGOs and figure out why it's basically a universal basic income for leftist politicians and supporters. So while that's going on, NC hasn't escaped this. And I'm not talking about past three dollars. I'm talking about changes right now. Two of our Council of State members made it a priority to when they entered office to attempt to remove DEI components from their office. One is our newest state auditor, Dave Bullock, who we chatted with here a couple of weeks ago. Wanted him to come on and talk about it. How are you doing this morning.
Speaker 5: Sir, Hey, good morning, Casey. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good. Just watching everything on fire. So and everyone freak out because you know, that's a license to different money for me. But I saw this. You who was I'm sorry, who's the other this state council member who did it?
Speaker 5: It's the commissioner Farley, Commissioner, Labor Commissioner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys publicly said that one of the priorities with you coming into office was to remove the DEI components. So let's talk about first the size of your office because it's obviously going to be a lot smaller than say the IRS or some of these federal organizations that are getting the pub And what the DEEI looked like in your office, So bring us up to speed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good question. Well, the State Auditor's Office is currently about one hundred and sixty folks, wrong, mostly made up of editors and accountants and investigators.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well there's some page turners in some of our audits. But on another note, we're going to make those more exciting and interesting moving forward. But DEI is something that I've been an opponent of for a while. When I was chair of the board at UNC Chapel Hill, I made the move to strip it out of the budget at UNC Chapel Hill, so I've been a consistent opponent. I don't think it brings any return on investment to taxpayers. It's needless, it's pointless, and it really is divisive. What it looked like in the Auditor's office was. For example, if you are a team member in the Auditor's office and you're being evaluated for your job performance, there's certain metrics that were used to determine how well you did your job. Trustworthiness, helpfulness, competency on the job, you know, normal things like that, and then how how you managed diversity, equity inclusion. And I'm just not prepared to have folks that work in an office that I lead having to answer how they do with DEI a pointless measure with no return.
Speaker 1: In the claims on hysteria on the hysterical side of Twitter was that you're going to be in there and Luke's going to be in there. Fire and everybody is that true? Fire?
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, matter of fact, we onboarded two people yesterday at the office.
Speaker 2: All right, well they.
Speaker 5: Were open slots, Casey and hey again at the auditor's office. We're not spending your money, We're investing your money in and getting a return on finding waste, fraud and abuse.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is the reason too, I wanted to talk to you because numbers, even though I can give you lots of examples where this has been exploited, numbers should be the thing least deiable. Do you know what I mean? Because two plus two is two, except because people with a straight face have explained to me that sometimes it's five. And the only person I used to data girl who had a master's degree in abstract algebra, and I asked what that was one time, and she's like, well, it's like a math prob with no right answer, and and then and then I tuned out at that point that's for you guys, she's in actuary. Now. The fact remains that all that you guys care about is the numbers, and and so why having it, why a DEI component would fit within that? This isn't health and human services with this is this is this is crunching numbers.
Speaker 5: Well, and you know, we brought the entire auditor staff. So the Auditor's Office actually has four regional offices, one in Ashville, one in Cornersville, one in Wilmington, and one in green as well. We brought the entire team to Raleigh Friday, and I had a frank discussion with them about my position on DI and how I didn't think that it brought any retirement investment and then it put people in a position that was not accurate. Number one and number two created divisiveness in the workplace. I didn't get any pushback from the members of the team because my point to them was is that I believe that everyone in the room was there because they're good at their job, they deserve to have the job, and they're giving the people of North Carolina value every day when they come in trying to hunt down ways fraud and abuse. And so that's the type of person we want working in the Auditor's office. So to your point, yeah, I want people. We're going to hire people based on merit and the value that they bring to the office, not based on some fantasy metric made up on a DI scale.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And what is more troubling when a government office was doing it, like the corporations were having their hands forced because many of them needed working capital throughout the year. And this component, this ESG score was created by activists and a CEO had to make the decision as to whether to put the DEI stuff in or maybe not have the company run anymore. But at the governmental level, it was purely a self inflicted decision. And there's another component to this, and that is the meritocracy after employment. And this is where I see people talk about, well, if I'm a cists white male, or if I don't tick enough boxes, why should I work harder? Because my chances of advancing are nil in some cases? And you want to talk about something that kills efficiency, that's got to be up at the top.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean, because what will be you know what I have found out. I will say this one thing that I have been really blessed with in the Auditor's office is I arrived didn't get a transition period, and we talked about that before I started on January the second. I have found a lot of people committed to doing their job. Quite frankly, there are many people that work in the Auditor's office that are not as much concerned about who the elected state auditor is as they are about doing their job, which is making sure North Carolina runs more efficiently and making sure the numbers add up. So we do have some really committed civil servants in that office. At least I have found that to be the case. Now, we've obviously going to make some moves and have changed some leadership in the office, and that's to be expected. But to your point, we want to have an opportunity in our office at the Auditor's Office for folks to earn their way to promotions, to come to work, to dig down and go the extra mile on behalf of tax payers get value and purpose out of every day's job, and they're going to be rewarded for that.
Speaker 1: I want to play you a piece of audio. This was the very first White House Press briefing new Press Secretary Catherine leave it. I love it. Excuse me, And it has to do with some of the stuff they're seen as Doge and others are digging into this. Let me play the cut first.
Speaker 3: Just during this pause, Doge and Omb have actually found that there was thirty seven million dollars that was about to go out the door to the World Health Organization, which is an organization as you all know, that President Chump, with the swipe of his pen in that executive Order, is no longer wants in the United States to be a part of. So that wouldn't be in line with the president's agenda. Doj and Omb also found that there was about to be fifty million taxpayer dollars that went out the door to fund condoms in Gaza. That is a preposterous way, all right.
Speaker 1: And by the way, those condoms is the Jerusalem Posts reported as early as twenty twenty, are then used as balloons to fly IEDs into South the israelitelhoods. So my question is because that's looney tunes. Have you seen anything crazy spill the teaser?
Speaker 5: Not you, I mean, you know, really the biggest thing that we've been doing right now, and I'll be just totally transparent with you, KC is I'm trying to put the team together to make sure that we move forward. Now. We have begun the audit of the Department of Other Vehicles and that is a Florida ceiling audit. One of the bigger things that I've had concerns about in that arena is the use of shelter trailers in western North Carolina and the inability to actually use these trailers. There were seventy to eighty trailers in Hickory, North Carolina at the Ickorymotor Speedway, and tilers have not been deployed frankly because they don't qualify as a recreational trailer. They're not a permanent trailer. But the zoning requirements have not been loosened up in the western part of the state. You can't put them in a flood zone. Everything's a flood zone. Now. You have to hook them up to water electricity, and they have to fit zoning requirements. So a lot of the emergency trailers that have been provided are simply sitting in staging areas and not being deployed. And so that's at least one thing that I've noticed and have talked to the Governor's office about it.
Speaker 1: How is your How is your relationship with Stein?
Speaker 5: That's fine? I mean I've known him for a while. He seems to be certainly committed to making sure that we rebuild western North Carolina. I've been surprised by that. I think he's trying to feel out out exactly what he was left with from the Cooper administration and looking to move forward. I have met with some of his department heads, his new cabinet members to let them know that we will be sending teams in to all that their departments. But you know, I haven't. I haven't had any any terse words with the governor one way or the other.
Speaker 1: It would be fine. It wasn't a secret, and you can tell me if I'm if I'm wrong, But at least the way it didn't appear to be a secret, and I think COVID had a lot to do with it. When the Council of State members were going back and forth over him reinterpreting what we all understood the law to be that Cooper didn't have a great relationship with opposite party member state Council members, and that had to be a net negative for North Carolinians. So how do we make sure that doesn't happen even when you guys have fundamental disagreements.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a good question. I do I have. I have seen a willingness from the governor to work with myself. I can't speak for the other members. I do know that he is UH because I was in the room. He's worked with the treasurer, the new treasurer who's a Republican, as well as Commissioner Farley on a couple of things. So he at least seems to be willing to reach across UH sort of the party isle to work with other members of the Council of State UH, and we work. We're working together currently on one project to help my office with the structure that the Governor's required to sign off on some things, and he's indicated that he's going to assist me to move forward in an expeditious manner. So, Governor Cooper, you know, I dealt with him occasionally, particularly when I was on the chair of the board at USC Chapel Hill, and if you just didn't agree one hundred percent with everything he said, he really had no use for you.
Speaker 1: Well, they came after you. They came after you and several of the board members, and then the students would go out and do a little wiggle worm protest out where you're in screen at you while you're trying to figure stuff out. Obviously, you know that was a tumultuous time, but Stein wasn't there. I have some disagreements, so you probably do ideologically. That's that being said. The relationship Cooper had with Council of State members, like I said, was a was a net negative. But that was during controversial stuff. And I think one of the controversial things is going to be if Trump well, I mean Trump said it. He said, no, we're gonna we're gonna put the we're gonna pass the dollars through the state side. Step FEME on this and as a working philosophy going forward, it's something that has been suggested. My question is that's got to create a whole new ball of wax for you. Uh, what what do you think of that? Because now you're doing oversight, you're doing double overside. On stuff on billllions and billions of dollars more than you're currently doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we haven't even started with the Board of Elections, which starts my first Yeah. No, I actually agree with President Trump. I don't see the necessity in a huge government apparatus like FEMA, when the state of North Carolina and every other state in the Union has its own emergency management department, And instead of creating some behemleth of a government agency that requires yet one more layer of red tape to make dollars flow, why not just go directly to the states, give it in the form of a grant to the states, and let the states distribute it in the way that it sees it, and that the way the citizens need. My office is certainly capable of tracking those dollars and making sure they're not wasted. And we've begun that process with Western North Carolina. So I actually support President Trump in that effort. I think SEEMA, other than just writing a check and sending it to the state, serves no purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And even if there's no waste per se, you know, nobody's scrolling dollars to the wrong place. You have if you have additional bodies in between. They still have to be paid, benefits have to be provided. So it's less money. It's less money for the state to duel out because you're you're in middle manager. Hell all right, I got a minute, and so explain you said something. We're going to get creative and how we talk about waste thirty seconds? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: Yep? Well, what I mean by that is that the Auditor's Office in the past has focused solely on financial statements, occasionally done for performance all this, and what I mean by that is we are going to work. In fact, I'm meeting with the Select Committee in the leg in the in the House of Representatives today on our own version of DOGE in North Carolina, and we're gonna look at agencies and we're gonna look it away to be more efficient. And the recommendation might not always be just to be efficient, maybe to eliminate programs.
Speaker 1: All right, And that's what I thought you were saying, but I wanted to make sure I didn't put words in your mouth. All right, Dave Bullock, State Auditor, appreciate the time this morning, sir.
Speaker 5: Okay, casey, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 1: All Right, there we go so we get our own little mini doge looking forward to that. We'll be back here in just a few minutes. We got lots to get into, lots more audio stick around. It's the CaCO Day Radio program, The CaCO Day Radio Program. Holocaust, rememberance, stay just happened. Let's head over to the UK and see how Good Morning Britain chose to point this out.
Speaker 8: And Charles will become the first British head of state to visit Auschwitz Berknal later today as part of events to mark eighty years since the liberation of the Nazi death camp. Six million people were killed in concentration camps during the Second World War, as well as millions of others because they were Polish, disabled, gay, or belonged to another ethnic group.
Speaker 1: So hold on, So because they were Polish, disabled, gay or another I guess she's referencing like Romani Gypsies and stuff. Is there anything? Is there anyone that left off the list? There a hold on, let's listen to it again. I don't know why I just said this thing went back. I feel like there's some there's a group that might be missing.
Speaker 8: King Charles will become the first British head of State to visit Auschwitz Berknal later today as part of events to mark eighty years since the liberation of the Nazi death camp. Six million people were killed in concentration camps during the Second World War, as well as millions of others because they were Polish, disabled, gay, or belong to another ethnic group.
Speaker 1: I feel like that four things doing some heat that Ross is. Can you think of any other groups that were targeted at Auschwitz?
Speaker 2: I would say Catholic, but that was a lot of the Polish as well. So oh yeah, Catholic that yeah, are you missing one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I yeah, there's something there.
Speaker 2: Gypsies.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I said Romani Gypsies. Okay, yeah, no, I pointed that pointed that one out there. We may never know if we watch Good Morning Britain the jew the Jews. Perhaps, Ah, that's what you doing, That's what it is. Yeah, weird that you didn't mention that at all. I mean, holy hell, what are we doing here? Is that conscious? And she like did she feel it rolls in with the other I mean, obviously that's that was the reason for the season. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you do you do any bit of research, especially.
Speaker 2: So you're saying the other people did not die. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: No, No, so you're saying that it's not what I That's not what I said. That's I said. She's an idiot, And okay, we'll just yeah, leave it right there. Speaking of idiots, Acosta Lavista.
Speaker 9: Just wanted to end today's show by thanking all of the wonderful people who work behind the scenes at this network. You may have seen some reports about me and the show, and after giving all of this some careful consideration and weigh and alternative time slot seeing an offer of me, I've decided to move on. I am grateful to CNN for the nearly eighteen years I've spent here doing the news. People often ask me if the highlight of my career at CNN was at the White House covering Donald Trump. Actually, no, that moment came here when I covered four President of Barack Obama's trip to Cuba in twenty sixteen and had the chance to question the dictator there, Astro about the islands political prisoners. As the son of a Cuban refugee, I took home this lesson. It is never a good time to bow down to a tyrant. I've always believed it's the job of the press to hold power to account. I've always tried to do that here at CNN, and I plan on doing all of that in the future. One final message, don't give into the lies. Don't give into the fear. Hold on to the truth and to hope. Even if you have to get out your phone, record that message. I will not give into the lies. I will not give into the fear. Post it on your social media so people can hear from you too. I'll have more to say about my plans in the coming days, but until then, I want to thank all of you for tuning in. Has been an honor to be welcomed into your home for all these years. That's the news reporting from Washington. I'm Jim Acosta.
Speaker 1: Now let's be specific. So where they were wanting to move Acosta was Graveyard, but he would be able to broadcast from the West coast, so uh so, you know, midnight obviously is eight you get to the other side of the country there. He did not want to do that, so, like many others, he is off to do a sub stack. I don't know, maybe he joins the idiot crew over at the contrarian. Is that what the the dec All the cast offs from the Post are calling it, and now Krugman from New York Times, I don't know, but I also don't care, you know why, because you're you're possibly this smuggist reporter I have ever seen, and and I'm almost impressed that he's never really backtracked on it, you know what I mean, Like remember when he wouldn't give the microphone up, like and and of course all of the fake news and real fake news at no, at no point, even when his empire, so to speak, is collapsing around him where they're trying to move the graveyard shift, but they remember they moved him before, and he wasn't at the White House anymore. Like he's been summarily demoted for years because he's so incredibly unlikable, and yet he never let it get him down, never said, hey, maybe the way I do things is problematic. And just so you know, some of his former colleagues are on these apology tours. Chris Saliza, remember Chris Saliza, just as big as scumbag as the rest of them. He had to play. He had a whole thread yesterday. But it's also scummy, and I'll explain why outside of just what he wrote. It says I screwed up. Back in May twenty twenty, I wrote how Anthony Fauci had crushed Donald Trump's lab leak theory for how COVID originated. The CIA said over the weekend they now believe the virus leak from a lab. And he gives a little background there, but more specifically, i'll paraphrase this because it's very lengthy. He says, when when Trump was saying from China and Fauci was saying wet market, so not you know, not being weaponized in a lab or studied in a lab, gain a function in a lab. I decided that I would just believe Fauci over Trump, not because there was evidence, but because he decided that he didn't like Trump. He liked Fauci more. That's not how you gather news and facts on something that important. If you're not able to independently confirm it, you have to present both. You decided to take a position, and you also took positions. If I could just remind people that were not just a disagreement over the origin of the virus. You took positions and your colleagues took positions that people who disagreed with your facts were attempting to kill people. Okay, attempting to kill people should have their children taken away in some instance, should be fired and have their livelihood stripped from them, And Biden tried to put it in action if they didn't go along with it. So you didn't just make a judgment air on the origination of the virus. You openly advocated, and your colleagues and your guests openly advocated for the eradication of people's lifestyles, to put them into poverty, to break up their families, to ostracize them from everything and everyone around them. And you were partially successful because it destroyed It destroyed some people's lives. I'm not even talking about any of the medical speculation about either long COVID or people's hearts just stopping. I'm talking about families that don't talk to other portions of the families because you so engrossed them that you were right, and anyone who disagreed was essentially a murderer or a potential murderer, or not fit for society. And your scumbaggery doesn't even stop with your stupid Manaculpa here because if you want to go to his sub stack, which he promotes throughout it, you have to go. He tells you to go to his bio. If you click it, it shows you part of the article, requiring you to give your email address. Then you get part more part two of the article, but you don't get his quote unquote. I can't remember how he words it, but basically he goes through a bunch of stuff. You have to subscribe for that. So this piece of garbage got excommunicated for the same reason his buddy Acosta's hit in the streets and he wants to trick you into restoring his lifestyle with a groveling semi apology that isn't really even an apology. You can't hate these people enough. Sorry. See, Yeah, I was gonna I'm gonna scream about Tom Tillis. Don't worry, that'll be coming up at first race stagic. He's got good news. So happy time is race stagic here. Yeah, let's bring the happy. Yeah, not much bring the joy as the last election, which didn't work so well.
Speaker 6: The joy is yeah, the joy is in what we've got and what we're going to be getting. I mean, don't really be too concerned about the rain threat Friday. I mean, yeah, some rain, but they're believe it or not. There is a special statement out from the Weather Service about the abnormally dry conditions that they issued today, so actually an increased fire danger through this evening, so dry weather day. Most of us up probably mid upper sixties, so some pretty mild weather but not even close to record warmth. Got a stiff west breeze tonight in the thirties. Tomorrow, still hovering around sixty. Most of us will probably fall just short, but we will stay well above normal with the showers coming in and getting a little warmer Friday as this quick little clipper type system pushes through. It's gonna be a fast mover. Mid to upper sixties on Friday. Weekend's going to be great, upper fifties, lots of sunshine, and then back up near seventy for the Triangle on Monday, try it probably upper sixties and we'll keep the sixties together even into Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So it's all good.
Speaker 6: It's all above average, except Friday. Friday's a day where we'll see most of our rainfall. That's probably gonna start late morning and into the afternoon.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. There you go. We got Jeff Oh by the way, just real quick. The reason I said it's say half apology is because Saliza writes things like it now appears that reality TV star turn President was right and Fauci was wrong. Well, I don't see you categorizing Fauci as somebody who's a promoter of game and function research. And it's not that he's a real TV show turned present. He's a president. And it never dawned upon you though, when he was telling you that he believed it to be a lab leak, that he might be privty information that you are not. You never thought about that, which is insane. We'll be back.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Casey. It is decision day for the Federal Reserve. Economists have no doubts that interest rates will be left unchanged. One expert said it is the most predictable no change in recent years. But there is a lot of interest in what chaired Jerome Powell will have to say about rates, the economy, and potential new tariffs. He'll be meeting with reporters at two thirty this afternoon. Federal rules concerning vehicles fuel economy will get a rewrite. New Transportation Secretary Jean Duffy hit the ground running. He issued orders that cafe standards implemented under the Biden administration be rescinded or replaced. President Trump has said the old regulations amounted to an electric vehicle mandate. Federal workers you don't want to return to their offices full time are being given an option by the Trump administration. The White House wants a more streamlined, flexible workforce, and employees who don't want to comply with the return to office director a directive are being offered buyouts. They must resign, though by a week from tomorrow they'll walk away with about eight months pay. There are signs that things started to improve at Starbucks after Brian Nickel took over as CEO and ordered a series of changes. Same store sales still fell in the latest quarter, but not by as much as in the prior quarter. Nichol has worked to streamline menus and speed up service Starbucks shops. He did away with extra charges for non dairy milk, and he discouraged non customers who like to hang out at the coffee shops without buying anything.
Speaker 1: It's ho hum.
Speaker 10: Another Super Bowl featuring the Kansas City Chiefs. Ticket sellers say tickets to the big Game in New Orleans can be had for a lot less than what fans paid last year. Not to say that seats are cheap. The least expensive ones are going for more than five thousand dollars, but that is down thirty seven percent from a year ago. But while ticket prices to watch the Super Bowl in person maybe down, this year, advertisers are paying record prices to reach fans will be watching on TV. Casey sources say the most expensive thirty second spots are going for more than eight million dollars this year.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess we won't be running a show promo. Okay, all right, thank you, Jeff, appreciate it, all right, have a good day. Oh man. Yeah, they'll get Pro Bowl and Sandy that nobody cares about. So we got a couple of weeks, all right, real quickly, don't worry. I'm I'll be getting into this more and more. But a rather interesting Wall Street Journal article appeared. You remember Pete hagg Sath's sister in law coming out with that letter, and she's like, I've been assured by some folks that if I tell my story. It will make it, make it so Pete hagg Seth won't be the Defense secretary. And I'm gonna say these things that he did to my sisters, and even the sister heg Say's former wife said, none of that is true. And yet it became a became a thing. Now it didn't cost him the nomination. He is the Defense secretary, and he is getting busy. That being said, now we know who might have been there if you, you know, pulling the strings on this thing behind attempting to undermine heg Seth. And according to Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 7: Tom Tillis, you know, I was starting to think maybe this guy's not the right guy for the job. And it's stuff like this that makes me, you know, once again point out that once the ball gets rolling on this Senate race, as the incumbent, the the the party, and the people who hand out the dollars at the state level, at the national level, and the local levels, you're going to be very hard pressed to change their mind because and they will tell you, we don't want to.
Speaker 1: Lose the seat. Now's the time to make the switch. We have enough time. We have a pretty good idea who the opponent's going to be or at least a handful of people. I think Cooper is definitely in that mix. We'll see, But now's the time you got to send somebody up there that's not doing this stuff. And I talked to somebody who's kind of in the know on this, and they were saying the reason they're not going to primaries, Trump will probably endorse them. Well, my question is after this article comes out and it appears that in a statement until his didn't dispute the Wall Street journals reporting about the call. He said hegstays statement did carry weight, which is why I communicated my concerns to the White House, spent days doing due diligence and seeing if there was any first hand corroborating accounts of the statement. He continued that quote, he was not able to speak with anyone who provided first hand corroboration. So what he's saying is, yes, I may have pushed it along while I did my due diligence. I don't know why you wouldn't just be upfront about it. But then eventually I arrived at the decision in opposition. I think he was putting his finger in the air politically and I wonder if Trump's going to be a little upset about this.